Speaker 1: What the heck is this? It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm one more thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, ladies and gentlemen, this is exciting, a rare Michelangelo introd One more Thing podcast. Who knows what this is about?
Speaker 4: Hey, here's this website. Won't even give you one free article. I am never going to subscribe to you.
Speaker 2: You know, is you're writing good? Is it worth it? You're not even gonna give me a little taste.
Speaker 4: Bastard's greedy best I watch this click, I'm done, goodbye forever few of course, she wrote in on speaking of transportation, back to Michael.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, so I'm trying to be healthy. I'm going to the gym. So I'm on a street, okay, this street.
Speaker 3: What do you do at the gym?
Speaker 1: A little? Mainly cardio stuff because I have to keep my blood sugar down.
Speaker 3: Which which cardio?
Speaker 1: Recumbent bikes to treadmill anything running, basically is what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: So you shake it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: You an elliptical man, Yeah, I've done that. I've done it.
Speaker 2: I've got to get back on the elliptical. It's a nice full body way.
Speaker 3: I've recently become a regular on the stair master or whatever you call that thing. What's what's the point in that, I'm climbing stairs, a never ending stairs. Build your glutes, am I. That's what I'm trying to do. That's why I'm doing it. I want my glutes to be built.
Speaker 1: A lot of women do that exercise, it's all.
Speaker 3: It's often busy. I have to keep my hand at the whole time on my gym. Wait till it opens up, and then quick run over there and get on it. Oh wow, back to you, Michael.
Speaker 1: So I'm on my way to the gym. I'm driving like thirty miles an hour. The gym is on a street where you can only go like thirty miles an hour, and so I'm making a left turn to go into the gym parking lot. I look, there's nobody coming at all. And as I'm turning left, I'm going real slow, and all of a sudden, I see this car coming at me just as fast as they can, almost like they're trying to hit me on purpose. And I don't know whether it's the Lord or what. I gassed the car and I got out the way. And so I go and I park into my parking space in the gym, and all of a sudden, this person follows me along with another Yes, along with another car.
Speaker 3: What so, Oh, that's weird, very weird.
Speaker 1: And so the first one says ay in this drops f bombs at me and goes, you need to learn how to drive. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Mind you. This is a thirty mile an hour speed limit and they're going like seventy miles an hour and they're coming so they're coming right at me. And meanwhile, then another person comes from the other side of the parking lot and also confronts me and says, hey, I was a witness about three cars back, and you need to learn how to drive. What yes, and starts calling me a piece of s and this and that and.
Speaker 3: I'm good good. There's no wreck here.
Speaker 1: There's no wreck here whatsoever. Nothing. We didn't touch cars, we didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Obviously, something weird's going on here. We're all just trying to figure out what the weird thing is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is, yeah, I mean a non collision or somebody had to hit their brakes.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to follow somebody in.
Speaker 1: And say I saw it all right, Why would.
Speaker 3: You do this right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something afoot here.
Speaker 1: So I was afraid that these people are gonna rob me, and they don't look like you know, this is a high end area, so it's a fluent area, and they don't look like they're from around here. I thought, okay, something's not right here, and I kind of got out of the car and I said, you know, I okay, I'm sorry, you know, and just kind of walked away. And they said, are you going to the gym? And I just said, sir, you know, just leave me alone. And it's funny because they kind of looked at me and it was sort of like, I don't know if I was getting ready to be robbed or if this was an insurance scam that went poorly because she was trying to hit me. So I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: But well, okay, so that makes sense, like they're trying to hit you, and then they have somebody who's there for a witness and makes clams that aren't true.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're trying to since.
Speaker 3: They didn't hit you. I think you got to abort at that point and wait for the next poor victim to come along, because I mean, you get nothing here.
Speaker 4: But so there was just a bunch of cursing at you and insults, but no requests were made or demands or anything like that.
Speaker 1: And this was a parking lot at night.
Speaker 3: Were they waiting for you to that? None of this makes sense.
Speaker 1: If they're gonna rob your car, they wouldn't know. And I stood out that. I kind of went away and watched to make sure they didn't touch the car, and they finally just drove away. So I'm still trying to figure out what was this.
Speaker 2: This is bizarre.
Speaker 3: I think they had a slipping Jimmy sort of thing going there if you ever watched better Call Saul where they had a plan. But the fact that they followed through on it, even after the lack of contact is weird.
Speaker 4: Of course, wave it off and go around the block and wait for the next quarter of bastard to come along.
Speaker 3: A lot of criminals, as you point out regularly, are.
Speaker 2: Stupid, right, Yeah, yeah, wow, I don't.
Speaker 3: That would have disturbed me though, when the second car showed up and said, hey, I saw it all, saw all what I mean, I would have been bothered at that point, like, Okay, something bed's going on here.
Speaker 2: Right right, right?
Speaker 4: So car number one, describe the humans? Uh you mentioned as she? So one of them was a woman.
Speaker 1: Old lady, older woman, not great looking. Well, what they have been missing a few teeth?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now we have a dumpy.
Speaker 1: Car claimed that. You know, it's a good thing I didn't hit her because her sister's handicapped and she knows police and she would have gone after it.
Speaker 3: Whoa good thing you didn't hit me. My sister's handicapped and I know the police, right, all right?
Speaker 2: Just the facts or just the fact.
Speaker 4: So we've got a one middle aged, toothless woman in the first car.
Speaker 2: Was that the only person in that car? Yeah? That was it? All right? What about car number two?
Speaker 1: Car number two, he's uh got a dumpy white pickup truck, bearded guy and like I said, he opens his window attractive?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Not great? How would you describe the state of his dental health?
Speaker 1: I think he has all his teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so he is betoothed, all right.
Speaker 4: So one dude, one bearded, burly dude who offered to be a witness, a witness.
Speaker 3: And I saw that nothing happened myself, officer. That's the weirdest part.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that speaks to there's something really odd going on.
Speaker 3: I would I would have been a little worried to especially since his night and now there's a guy involved. I would have been a little worried, but I would have wanted to say, you saw all, what what are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: So I you know, like I said, I when the gym met my wife and I said, I have no idea what this was, what these people wanted. You know, I'm just glad it wasn't hit.
Speaker 4: I'm a cynical man. I grew up in a large metropolitan area. I've known plenty of cops. I've done bunches of ride alongs with the police news every single day, including the grim stuff. I can't figure this one out unless car number Why did car number one pull into the lot?
Speaker 2: If she'd missed you, If she's a slip in Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Skin, she's dumb. They their plan was she hits people on purpose, he says, I saw it all. They try to extort cash out of you or something right exactly at the crappy cars. Yeah, but these people, being dumb, particularly the first one, went ahead with the plan even though she missed. Is that's the only thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is true, but it's the only thing that's popped into my head. They follow you into the parking lot, having plan A fallen through. Plan B is intimidate you and make you give them money. But they saw that you were a reasonably fit mail and thought, no, we just this is a this is an over We're not going to get anything out of this one. Let's go, you know, to the gym or the grocery store down the street and try again. If you'd been a diminutive woman or a really terrified old guy or something like that. Yeah, maybe then they say, listen, I ought to beat your ass.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You give me fifty bucks, we'll forget about all this, or you empty your wallet. Because I've been a victim of a strong arm robbery. It was a very long time ago. But I mean, it's not like they have to have a rationale.
Speaker 3: True. Wait a second, this prevace doesn't work right.
Speaker 2: Your entire approach, sir, is device logic. You know you're right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that's that's a weird one.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was scary, But then I'm trying I'm thinking to myself. Yet at the same time, nothing happened. You know, if they didn't when.
Speaker 3: You hit him with I'm not giving you money for a logical fallacy.
Speaker 2: Touche, sir touche, they would say.
Speaker 4: To you, Wow, good people theory cops, you've probably run into this. What the hell is going on? Mail Bag and Armstrong? You get is the email address mail Bag at Armstrong and Yiddy doctor And maybe we.
Speaker 3: Can follow up with the answers on Friday's One more thing. This might be a new thing that we do.
Speaker 2: The mysterious Case of the Toothless Hag.
Speaker 3: We set up something, we get answers, We come back the next day with some replies. Wow, case of the Toothless Hag who was not very good.
Speaker 2: Looking and the bearded guy with teeth in the pickup. That's the subtitle.
Speaker 3: Thank you Michael, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.