Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Is it not a victory Monday?
Speaker 4: He has a tough days?
Speaker 5: All right, it's a huge.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest most lopsided victory Monday after and opening week shutout in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 4: You can qualify that without bunch of stuff.
Speaker 5: Right and all that?
Speaker 2: All of that, No Cowboys go. I think the Cowboys went yesterday.
Speaker 4: That was the old school ass woman.
Speaker 6: And what was it the the what kind of team do they put in in the song the Gold.
Speaker 2: Team go team of the super Bowl? Yeah, or something like that. No, the super Bowl Senior Bowl, because when that song came out, there was no super Bowl. There was no super Bowl with Senior, but there could be a super Bowl in this team.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, look out there we go.
Speaker 4: You said you weren't gonna talk much today, Bill, I.
Speaker 2: Tried driving in. I said, well, at least I don't have to talk much today. Mickey ever, so I'll have a go. Let me just say off the top, Okay, the last.
Speaker 4: Time, oh my god.
Speaker 2: The last time. The Cowboys went to the medal then and shut out the Giants by at least thirty five to nothing. It was thirty five to nothing nineteen ninety five. And what do the Cowboys do that year?
Speaker 4: I went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They not only went to the Super Bowl, Everson, they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, the next year they shut him out twenty seven to nothing.
Speaker 2: In the season opener. It was a home opener.
Speaker 5: It was a home yeah.
Speaker 2: The next year and things kind of went downhill for there. Yeah yeah, but how about that?
Speaker 5: How about them Cowboys?
Speaker 6: You know my take on it was, there was all this discussion on how good the Giants were going to be.
Speaker 5: There was all this.
Speaker 2: Discussions telling you all about rakeem Nunez, roche.
Speaker 6: Rochez and their rookie center and all these other guys they had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mysterious player that just popped.
Speaker 5: Up out of but I think he was mysterious in the game.
Speaker 6: To how Daniel Jones was going to be better than Dak Prescott. How they added all these guys that Bill pointed out and on and on on that the Giants were going to challenge the Eagles and the Cowboys for supremacy in the NFC East. Well, and they put on a pretty good show before the game, one hundred yard American flag national anthem by the Queen Queen Latifa brought out Coco Golf for an introduction.
Speaker 7: They had the three quarterbacks, right, the three Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: Eli was there doing something and Phil and Phil and they just went on and on. The national media was all about the Giants. And if you paid attention to the NBC pregame show, I think they had five guys or five people picking the game. They all picked the Giants.
Speaker 5: Except for Jason Garrett.
Speaker 2: It was like all the New York all the New York people picked the Giants.
Speaker 6: You know what, everybody forgot the cow Boys were coming to Times right, They totally forgot. They even got their home field ambiance because they don't have a roof right, rain like that. I was thinking, you know what, I got the number the k post roofing. Get this thing right, because they needed some water private.
Speaker 4: The second quarter, they were all going home.
Speaker 6: Third quarter, middle of the third the place was getting empty and the only people there were the Cowboy fans.
Speaker 5: They that was the hardest.
Speaker 2: People who didn't know better thought the Giants fans were booing the Giants.
Speaker 6: Carried Actually they booed at halftime when they left the field the way with I don't know what at halftime did they have one hundred yards total offense?
Speaker 5: Yet well I.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen to do the the one eighty one yards, and so uh, I just I was just glad that and I know it's the first game, and I know, you know, the thing got kind of carried away.
Speaker 6: But everybody got to see what we had been seeing in training camp. We had seen that defense ruin practices because they put so much pressure on the Cowboys quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: We had seen one yea Thomas run specialty yes.
Speaker 6: Yes, and make plays after plays after plays.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: We had seen Marquise Bell play that big line or the safety big safety position at linebacker ends up leading with eight tackles. Right, He was all over there. One there was one possession, he made the tackle on all three they went three and out and he made all three times.
Speaker 2: At first, I thought, how how did Jabriel con so fast?
Speaker 5: I did the same.
Speaker 2: Jabril Cox, his old number I think it was the Washington Breakfast.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and then and then you know, and and uh and.
Speaker 2: Then and then I thought, how come Ontario Drummond is in the game running down the sideline almost running out of bounds when he picked up the black.
Speaker 7: Man, I thought he was he saw. I thought it was a deliberate step to stay in and it was. Katie bought the door. After that, it was done.
Speaker 6: And and and you know, Trayvon Diggs doesn't tackle man. Well, he laid out Saquon Barkley and they ended up calling an interception.
Speaker 4: And then I thought he did call the reception.
Speaker 2: And then I thought, there's Kelvin Joseph making a tackle. No, that's Jaron Curis making a tackle.
Speaker 7: You know the numbers man. I was in for the LSU Gramma game.
Speaker 2: Wow'd that go? Uh?
Speaker 4: It went?
Speaker 2: Well? Okay?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 7: They put they put the cat, they put they made their se is that seventy burger out there?
Speaker 5: I know there's a forty Okay?
Speaker 7: So you were Bedwood and we were watching the game, and we were talking about the change and the numbers and the jerseys and how confusing it was because even from last year.
Speaker 4: So last year, I'm looking for twenty seven.
Speaker 7: Of course I got number one, you know, and that was very confusing because he looks so huge.
Speaker 4: He's too big for number one.
Speaker 2: You know, the number that he wanted, he wanted zero.
Speaker 4: I could see that that would look better. The number one just looks too good.
Speaker 6: When you know, whose number looks like a zero, Cavante Turpin, because he's so small that bottom the nine goes away.
Speaker 5: It looks like it's a zero.
Speaker 6: But yeah, and you know the other thing, you know, we kind of understood what this defense could be, and they want to gain forty to nothing.
Speaker 5: And I thought the offense was okay, okay, good, just okay, but that's it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: And then when they got the lead, I thought it was interesting that Mike McCarthy pointed out that they went to their weather offense. They decided to pull back. Let's make sure the only way the Giants can get back in this game is turning the ball over.
Speaker 5: We're going to be very conservative, use the clock.
Speaker 6: And one thing we didn't realize is three days a portion of practice was with a wet football, so they were preparing for weather and they.
Speaker 2: Had they didn't bring any they didn't water them down. It was just from sweat.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, god right.
Speaker 6: And they had put together a weather game plan, like if it's this bad, okay, here's what we're going to try and do, and let's just make sure we're protecting the football. Well when you're up what was it at one point? Was it twenty six or six? Why extend yourself? Why show some stuff that you don't need to show the Jets, you know, And.
Speaker 2: That was the only way the Giants could get back in the games, if you turn it.
Speaker 6: Right, and the and the and the one thing they did show that we hadn't seen I think we saw maybe a little in training camp Cavante Turpin lining up at running back, yes, and actually handing him the ball and scored, by the way. And we had talked about how they're going to compensate for not having Zeke at the goal line, and one of my ideas was, well.
Speaker 5: Just use your speed, yes, just and they did take it?
Speaker 4: Why right, take it? Why I cut it back?
Speaker 6: And and and so somebody asked him about Turpin at running back, and McCarthy joked, he go, he goes, well, you know you want game plan now, right, And somebody said, well, we hadn't seen that he goes. You also haven't seen him, haven't seen us throw the ball to him out of that package, So get ready for that too, by the way. So yeah, I think they latched a lot of these college games where the misdirection plays and the running back go the other way. They also and somebody said it was a pickplay for CD to get open on that one.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a pick play.
Speaker 6: Their dbs ran into each other, two of them, because it.
Speaker 5: Was like, how did he get that fire open?
Speaker 6: Right? Well, we talked about those young corners, right.
Speaker 7: I think he slipped initially as well if but somehow he was really compromised after the collision their cornerback, they almost fell.
Speaker 4: They almost fell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they knocked each other off the The Cowboys didn't do anything right, but they had CD did the same thing Tobert did in that preseason game. He delayed his takeoff, so they cleared across and they ran into each other and he's white ass open.
Speaker 5: So yeah, But.
Speaker 6: Offensively, they finished with two hundred and sixty five yards usually two hundred and sixty five yards and Dak throwing for what the buck thirty or so.
Speaker 4: I think you lose seventy around one.
Speaker 6: Let's see, I don't have to guess it was one forty three. Yeah, it's like and your and your.
Speaker 5: Quarterback rating seventy two.
Speaker 6: But you're probably losing, right, And it didn't help his stats. When the tight Ends dropped two touchdown passes.
Speaker 4: Boy, he was you know, they're gonna have to step up.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the first time I saw you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They were really good, you know, but the ball was wet.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was, but damn dude, the hands are huge. They're supposed to catch that, and he was right there. They looked like it was right there. It's not like they had to do it.
Speaker 6: You know how Dorset used to try to catch the ball and his hands wouldn't get all screwed up.
Speaker 5: What they looked like.
Speaker 2: Do you remember whitting never dropping the ball?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Not really?
Speaker 4: Maybe one, well maybe one.
Speaker 5: But I'll give it.
Speaker 2: I like these tight Ends. They're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we like them. But that's why I'm so surprised.
Speaker 5: And even and even because they're reliable, and even here we are we.
Speaker 6: And even you know what, and even and even the kicker that I felt so sorry. That was his worst kick in at least three weeks. I saw him warm up. He was hitting both ways from fifty four yards perfect, and he got in there and he rushed them.
Speaker 2: But you know what the Giants said, pulled my beer right, watch this kick and watched this block gig.
Speaker 6: Right, or watch the one that Gano missed Last year. He only missed three kicks all season. Now he's already the block counts as a miss, so he's already missed too. And the reason he missed the second one is Sam Williams was coming in and I think he saw out of the corner of his eye and he probably rushed himself and kicked a knuckleball.
Speaker 7: You can see the Giants clearly have issues on the offensive.
Speaker 6: Lie well, we thought that they said they saw right well and solve anything.
Speaker 4: Now you could just see it.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 7: It was a mismatch from play one that our defense came to play our d line up front seven just warm out.
Speaker 2: How many false starts did they have on the first drive? Well, I know they had one, they had one, but actually they had three. There were three plays on that first drive. I'm telling you that Evan Neel, that right tackle was moving and it was rocking back on one of them. For sure, and the.
Speaker 4: Bad snap, yeah, and the bed.
Speaker 2: Right, which was after what I counted three fall starts.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 7: I mean, they just, you know, they played like I always have that that nightmare of the Cowboys versus the Broncos. That's what they look like. That's what the Giants looked like against the Cowboys. And that's that's something that I don't know how they can. I know it's the first game, but when are they good enough to not just they're going to salvage a season, but how long is it take them to just overcome this game?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: I think they'll overcome. How long will it take it?
Speaker 7: Clearly they have they've stalled in their progress that they thought they had made all off season.
Speaker 6: Well, think about this, Daniel Jones ran for forty three yards. They didn't have anybody catching a ball totally forty three yards. As a matter of fact, they're wide receivers. The first pass the wide receivers caught was six thirty eight left in the third quarter, and they only had total five. Three of them came after it was forty to nothing, So he couldn't even get.
Speaker 5: The ball to his wide receivers.
Speaker 4: And he digressed in his passing. He's More.
Speaker 7: He should be more mature than that going out of bounds. The interception to was my boy number twenty one Gilmore. Gilmore was a heck of a heck of a cast, but he never should have what he do. I know what he's doing, and that's the kind of stuff that I'm sure his coach is going to be upset about because as a leader of this team, those are the plays you cannot make tonight. You cannot make this place tonight.
Speaker 6: How about in the fourth quarter early, they're still running a quarterback draw?
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Can he get this kid killed? I bet he's pretty sore today. He is, he is, and maybe they set the tone early when they laid hit on the slide in the first series.
Speaker 7: For some reason, they keep thinking that they should use him to run the ball against us, and it seems like every time he does it, it's a disaster. I'm still remember Cox almost knocking him out.
Speaker 2: Was that well, it wasn't. It's not just against us. He had one hundred and twenty rushing attempts last year for over seven hundred yards, and so that's part of his game. But it is but once again, especially when you're paying all the kind of money.
Speaker 7: Don't how big is and you just paid them, you're gonna expose You gotta relax on that, especially in the game like this where everything was going everything that could go wrong went wrong.
Speaker 6: Well, the Cowboys said they wanted to be the number one defense in the league. My guess is after giving up one hundred and seventy one yards for the first week, they may be the top defense when it comes to yards against, and the Cowboys offense may be close to last to sixty five.
Speaker 7: And feeling great about it, right, they feel real good about it.
Speaker 6: And if you look at the teams that you know they think they're chasing. The Eagles were hanging on for dear life, right And as a matter of fact, if they don't have that holding penalty on the two point conversion, they're kicking a field goal at the end to tie and send it into overtime. And even San Francisco kind of a little bit, and then they.
Speaker 2: They say San Francisco. First thing I was thinking of because the second most dominating performance yesterday was by the forty nine going on the road playing at Pittsburgh. The Steelers wound up with two hundred and thirty nine yards against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: And thirty Teamsants and Pittsburgh, two proud teams that really got embarrassed with.
Speaker 2: With very high hopes coming into the season and damn good coaches.
Speaker 6: Though I thought the coach could carry the team.
Speaker 5: He's so good Tomlin.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: No, that was the same thing with extremely surprised.
Speaker 6: Put his team on his back, no matter who his receivers were.
Speaker 2: Right, how long before the Giants bounce back? Well, they but Arizona it was twenty to sixty. And how the Rams go to Seattle was going on with that?
Speaker 4: That was a very disappointing game.
Speaker 5: That was the first Seattle.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was the shocking me to do something And I didn't see any of it, and I didn't see the numbers. But did Gino Smith become the Gino Smith?
Speaker 5: We remember he.
Speaker 7: Was not the turnover machine, but he just wasn't effected. They they couldn't sustain the drive. So they were much like the Giants, just they were just outplayed and they couldn't respond.
Speaker 5: Another quarterback got paid that's right, yep, and.
Speaker 2: They lost the home Yeah, yes, yes, And he was sixteen of twenty six for one hundred and twelve yards. My two sacks had won, no interceptions, one touchdown.
Speaker 9: Did he go the whole way?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Matthew Stafford was twenty four of thirty eight for three thirty four.
Speaker 4: Wow. I was not expecting that.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, we're just getting started. So much to get you on this. Cowboys forty to nothing win over the Giants, and we'll have much more when we come back. In a moment.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 5: The press down.
Speaker 2: Who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped left.
Speaker 2: He'll work for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle any scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio. Sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi.
Speaker 2: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday mornings.
Speaker 9: Swager Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 13: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas Demiced shots.
Speaker 6: Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys and the future roofer of the New York Football Giants.
Speaker 4: That ad lived there. About that.
Speaker 5: They need a roof? Lord, did it rain?
Speaker 2: Did you get wet? No, you didn't know.
Speaker 6: I was down on the sideline before the game, and about half hour before kickoff, I felt a couple drops.
Speaker 5: And I said, I got out of here. I got no function down here.
Speaker 6: I got myself in the pro Poor people though, that were on the sideline the whole time. They were having to get on the charter and they were just soaking wet.
Speaker 2: Still all right, So where would you like to start here? On other superlatives from last night? You know, one of the it's hard to say there were key plays or turning points in a forty.
Speaker 5: To nothing other than that false start in the first series.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing Giants, And that's the thing I was looking back at that. I mean they were actually the Giants were moving the football down the field. They were running the ball they had and they have after a Daniel Jones run of eight yards, they've got a third and two at the eight yard line, and then their Pro Bowl left tackle, they're one good offensive lineman. A false start pushed them back five yards and they're facing third and seven at the thirteen and that's when they had the fumbled snap and then of course field goal.
Speaker 5: We had one fumble.
Speaker 2: It was it wasn't a fumbled snap, it was rippled.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a round ball, right.
Speaker 2: So that was the turning point of the game. Either that was the turning point of the game, or when Michael Parsons got off the bus that was the turning point.
Speaker 5: They get He's amazing.
Speaker 7: I enjoyed how everyone played off of him. Oh, dig Azua, I love that play. I mean, he's just pass is just beating up two guys. You know, he knows he's gonna step Danny Jones gonna step up, and it was just kind of waded on into it. And thank you Michaeh. I appreciate you, buddy.
Speaker 6: Do you realize the score I think I got this right, ended up being sixteen to nothing and the Cowboys had only run nine plays, right.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing about the offense. People were talking about, Well, the offense didn't really do much. They didn't have the ball in the first half. They literally the offense had three real possessions in the first half.
Speaker 6: Guess how many Guess how many plays they had in the first half.
Speaker 2: How many.
Speaker 6: Total offensive plays do you want me to guess to buy time?
Speaker 2: Twenty six fifty five in the game? Yeah, so, but I mean they had one possession, you know, in the final minute of the of the half up twenty six to nothing whatever, which.
Speaker 5: I well, they tried.
Speaker 6: They called the timeouts and said, okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: But so they basically had three possessions really in the first half of the game. And so and they had the forty nine yard pass to CD that set up the field goal to make it nine to nothing on what was their first offensive possession. And then they get the ball back with twenty one seconds left in the half, and that was the thirty eight yard field goal by Aubrey.
Speaker 6: And then they only had the last possession of the game, they had three plays the deuce Vaughan offense right, and they just kind of forfeited that they didn't need it.
Speaker 2: After the Gilmour interception, it was the thirty eight yard driver, there was a Pollard touchdown. So I mean the offense was efficient. They just they just didn't have the ball. They didn't have a chance to rack up any numbers.
Speaker 6: And you know, Pollard, nice game, you know after they kind of failed that first time when they were first in goal at the six and ended up kicking a field goal from the two, and I was like, okay, there's but they didn't even try to run the ball if I remember, didn't they throw it like three times on the first possession that possession when they kicked the field goal. Yes, yeah, and so but then you saw what they can and as a matter of fact, on I gotta go back.
Speaker 5: And look at it.
Speaker 6: On one of Pollard's touchdowns, they they went offset on the offensive line. Steele and Tyron Smith were on the same side of the offensive line and the two tight ends were to the left, and they ended up scoring. And even Hunter Lipke got in the game. Nice block on the one touchdown he took out his guy.
Speaker 4: I thought I was going to get a tweet from Bill.
Speaker 5: About a full back, about.
Speaker 4: A full back, about him making a play.
Speaker 2: I did. It did warm my heart to see him line up.
Speaker 6: At full backs, so you know, you would, you know, And everybody's like, well, how is Mike McCarthy gonna call plays? Well, heck, if he had a fifteen play call sheet to start the game, it's sixteen to nothing and he only called nine plays, and you're sitting there going, well, I might as well crumble this up right.
Speaker 2: What's interesting is the Cowboys were up sixteen nothing with two twenty two left in the first quarter. The Eagles were up on the Patriots sixteen nothing with like two minutes left in the first la two. And what happened in that game? The Patriots came back and it was went right down to the wire, a twenty five to twenty win for the Eagles.
Speaker 4: The Eagles, they just stalled for two for two quarters. They just stalled.
Speaker 6: What little pay attention that it looked like the quarterback was doing a lot of running and maybe.
Speaker 2: In fact late in the game they you know, they're basically killing time, and he ran it and he got hit and he fumbled and he gave the Patriots an opportunity. So, I mean, they Patriots had their shot at the.
Speaker 7: End to Belichick did what he does. He slowed the game down once again, and I hate the pace was.
Speaker 4: Theirs after sixteen. The pace was in the Patriots favor.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things Romo was saying, he was seeing things that the Patriots were doing defensively, formation wise and whatever that He was like, I've never seen this before, and so exactly how so you know that's what Belichick was doing. How they were lined up, Yeah, basically, and I don't remember the specifics, but whatever they were doing defensively, Rumo was going, wow, I've never seen that before.
Speaker 5: He was he pulling his no defensive light.
Speaker 2: Well Belichick now, Belichick now can concentrate on the defense because he's got an offensive coordinator in Bill O'Brien.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: That was very shady there for just a minute. We were looking at O'Brien like, Okay, what's going on? Why is he still here? But eventually they started making plays and Jones started being the quarterback that they wanted him to beat.
Speaker 4: I'm not impressed with him though, Mac Jones is, Yes, I'm just not impressed with him at all. Zeke gets in the game, played a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yep thumb the ball fumbled.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He first first play that he was in or that he carried the ball, he got eleven yards and it was like a speed option to the right and it looked good. And then it was like the very next play, Mac Jones throws a bad pass that got tipped and picked off by Darius Slade. He took it back for a touchdown and it's nine to nothing or whatever the score was at that point, ten nothing, I guess. And then Patriots get the ball back and they ran a little swing pass out to Zeke and he turned to run and it was a big Jalen Carter, big first round draft pick, hit the ball, knocked it out and they turned it into points and so they were up sixteen nothing right now.
Speaker 4: Don't think he got back in the game after that.
Speaker 2: No, Zike carried seven times for twenty nine yards and so, but four yards of carry, there you go, that's the standard, right.
Speaker 5: So, so I thought.
Speaker 6: The other kind of very silent thing that took place in the game was Tony Pollard had fourteen carries for seventy yards five yards of carry and that's his standard and two touchdowns, right, that's his deal, right, But he could have done more.
Speaker 5: You know, they gave Recal Doddle, I think two.
Speaker 6: Series or kind of slipped him in there. Turpin carried the ball three times, but he could have carried.
Speaker 2: I liked the way Pollard on his long run, his twenty five yard run. I liked the way he handled that to avoid injury. I mean he raced the sideline out out of bounce. I mean didn't I guess he got tackled before.
Speaker 5: He was not a bounce.
Speaker 2: But you know, you're always afraid with with a guy like Pollard. Is what happened in the playoff game against San Francisco. And yeah, he is a physical back, but it's that open field stuff where a guy is trying to horse call him and things like that, and he it's almost like he had that in his mind.
Speaker 7: No, you're not catching me from what they catch him from by the hips, and then they write, exactly right, that got hurt, right, They're supposed to outlaw doing that now.
Speaker 6: So but anyway, he got a game ball. By the way, I don't know if NBC gave it to him. But when he was coming off the field going into the locker room, he was clutching a ball, so they thought enough of him. Somebody did to give him a game ball, and I thought it was very quietly efficient. Fourteen carries seventy yards. He ran between the tackles, pretty tough. There was a couple of times he actually pushed the pile. It should have been a one yard game. He got three yards. And I don't know that Tuma Adoga's name ever came up other than hurt. And he came off and then he went back in uh the next series. So they got through not having Tyler.
Speaker 5: Smith out there?
Speaker 6: How about dak Tyren Smith and Tyron I made him laugh on the plane when I was getting on going home, and I looked at him and I said, huh so you still can get out and pull and be.
Speaker 4: Whoa scary?
Speaker 5: He laughed. He goes, nothing's changed that poor?
Speaker 6: Was it a safety corner of somebody speaking of the offensive line? Look who's showing up here early? And he's got food already? Is that breakfast?
Speaker 5: Look at there? Nate Newton coming.
Speaker 8: In as a whole can smell food?
Speaker 6: Oh but yeah, he looked, he looked fine, Dak didn't get sacked, that's all I know.
Speaker 5: And so that was a good thing.
Speaker 6: And they even with deuce, you know, averaging one point three yards of carry on six carries. They average four yards of carries. So you know, the offensive line did their job.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break. But I want to hear from Nate about what brother about about your take? Nate's take coming up here on mix Shots in just a moment.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 13: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker Miller Lte and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapper, the presh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escape slaft, He'll look for a perstown.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 12: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 11: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a school pepsi.
Speaker 2: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: To Mixed Shots.
Speaker 6: Rally Days, presented by seat Geek, give NFL fans an experience of a lifetime the day prior to Dallas Cowboys home games on September sixteenth. Enjoy activities at Miller Lighthouse, get a behind the scenes tour of AT and T Stadium, and more. Visit attstadium dot com Slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets to day.
Speaker 4: Good jobs with the Floriday.
Speaker 5: Rally Days Shots.
Speaker 2: We got Nate Newton here, Mickey. You said, Daniel Jones, what was his quarterback?
Speaker 6: Thirty two point four?
Speaker 2: You know what it was at halftime?
Speaker 5: I can tell you know what.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: His jersey number is zero eight eight eight. It was his jersey number.
Speaker 14: It was zero for a while, and then it moved to eight, and then it moved to twelve.
Speaker 8: At least he stayed with even numbers.
Speaker 2: Well, Nate, what was your take?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 14: And I was talking to everything, y'all already uncovered the always just went game. My take is this right here, I would have to be down three scores before I start passing the ball if I'm in it coming in here. That's even what they are with this psycho killer coming in him, Aaron Rodgers. You know, I mean, he's young, Wick man. We cannot get rid of this dude.
Speaker 5: He can't showing up right.
Speaker 14: Yes, and I killed his dog, But I'm telling you, that was amazing last night. That was that was amazing. The veterans mixed in with the young guys. I just sit back and enjoyed it. Man. I mean, I'm like you guys, I'm taking notes, But I mean when the second half started, I took notes up to the second here. I say, it's just no way in New York because I kept looking at Dick Tracey. I mean, not Dick kid looked like Dick Tracy. You the King Jones don't look like Dick Trace. But I was like, he couldn't figure that out. But anyway, I just felt so bad for him. And I know coach day ball took him either when they was going up after the game or called him on the way home and say, son, my fault. They should have not had him running as much once.
Speaker 5: Why is he running in the fourth quarter, That's what I'm saying. And those was open, but some of them were away.
Speaker 14: It's called the Tom Brady effect. Told it because that did not help his confidence. All that you worked for all last year and going into the off season.
Speaker 4: And almost blew it and you got paid, yes, talking about that.
Speaker 6: You know, he got sacked seven times, but I think there was another one or two.
Speaker 2: The one that definitely got called.
Speaker 6: One got nullified by a defensive holding right ghost.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 14: You cannot It just reminded me, and I'm not hoping that they have to turnaround like we did when we got Troy blasted those eleven twelve times. You know, but but coach told Nor we be like Nor next few games. Our running game got to pick up the center for the Giants.
Speaker 8: Welcome to the NFL. Baby. I mean, he didn't.
Speaker 14: Play real bad, but he didn't play good enough to help because the middle of that defense was sinking in and them guys coming off the edge just had both ways to go.
Speaker 8: And that hurt this kid. At the beginning of.
Speaker 14: The game, you can see where wherever we blew up the field, he would take off and run. We would come too short on the corner, he would take off and run. And all that was positive.
Speaker 8: But when they.
Speaker 14: Stayed in a wave and they had took away mister Barkley, I'm like, coach, what do you do?
Speaker 8: And I'm thinking, like, coach, what do you do to save this kid?
Speaker 14: Because this is the this is the glue, this is what you gave all the assets to ding the offseason.
Speaker 8: What do you do with this kid?
Speaker 14: Because it is a game next week, so that's gonna take him.
Speaker 7: Well, they respecting him to come out and pay play the way he got paid.
Speaker 6: The other thing, that's what The other thing the Cowboys exposed was them starting two rookie cornerbacks, especially the Hawthorn kid that was a sixth round pick.
Speaker 5: And you remember John Schmelt told us he actually earned that job.
Speaker 6: He beat everybody out from that starting job. Well, they put them on Cook's good night buddy. It didn't work and he struck.
Speaker 2: And facing braining Cooks in the preseason games.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, and so.
Speaker 6: Another another silent thing that happened. In the game, Cooks has two passes for twenty two yards. He gets the interference call of very real veteran move there by the way, you know.
Speaker 14: Who else found out that you were facing the thirty was the little fellow. Wow, this this is not happening in the same way I double moved one guy and went for a touchdown.
Speaker 8: You ain't double moving.
Speaker 4: The other guys coming up and just patting them on the butt.
Speaker 14: A lot of guys got their eyes open last night, including me, our old number seventy one.
Speaker 8: Apology, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry man, because I was, like, I was hoping they would play awesome TJ Bass and this guy came out, and that just goes to show you that Will McLay and these other guys do their job.
Speaker 8: They saw something there along.
Speaker 14: With coach clari like, hey, he's okay, and I should have asked Coach should of asking about everybody else, I should have asked about this guy, and I didn't, so I knew nothing on him.
Speaker 8: So good or bad, maybe good enough.
Speaker 5: Maybe better at guard than tackle.
Speaker 14: Well, we're trying to what we're me and you trying to do, is you know, make up excuse while we was dead wrong.
Speaker 5: But you know what, I'll give you your excuse inside.
Speaker 2: No, he was playing left tackle in training camp and Michael Parsons was up again.
Speaker 14: Maybe that was yeah, maybe that was because I'm telling you I came to after that first day and he got hurt after that, Like, this dude is garbage.
Speaker 8: He's stepping to the Island Boys. I see a more flexibility.
Speaker 4: I mean I went off.
Speaker 8: Then I went off like that, and I agreed with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I got something since we got Nate here, Okay. I brought it up at the beginning of the show last time. The Cowboys shut out the Giants and the season opener at the meadow Lands nineteen ninety five, Yes, thirty five to nothing. It was the final score. And what we all remember from that game. What sticks out in my mind from that game was Kevin Smith got hurt. Core's achilles is out for the year. So then what happened days after that, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You got to sell me because that.
Speaker 2: Dion Dion signs. Yes is what was a seven year, thirty five million something like that, twelve twelve point nine nine nine million dollars signing.
Speaker 14: Go whatever, everybody get paid, except Nate, who you sitting next to him?
Speaker 8: Come on here?
Speaker 2: Always interesting. And of course then the Cowboys go on win the Super Bowl. What are your memories from back then when when that all was going on with Dion? Because you're such good friends with Dion now and.
Speaker 14: We've just had the way we looked at it is you go out and get a shit now guy, We liked it, pup. We knew what he brought to our team is enthusiasm, is youthfulness. But Dion was another realm, you know, like when we signed Charles Hayley, you just knew that all everything picked up.
Speaker 2: Yes, the other thing about Dion that people don't who weren't alive back then wouldn't realize unless you've researched it. He was playing baseball. That's it. He was playing Dusty Baker was a manager of the San Francisco Giants, and he was playing for Dusty Baker, now the manager of the Astros and the San Francisco Giants. He was still playing baseball when the Cowboys signed him. He played baseball all the way up until I think I looked it up. In September twenty fourth was his last baseball game and he then there was a ramp up to get back into football shape whatever, and he didn't playing a Cowboys game until October twenty ninth. Played the last nine games of the regular season, three games in the playoffs, and he was being used on offense as well as defense.
Speaker 6: So that that game thirty five to nothing, that was a Monday night game, right, I believe it was because they signed pup Sunday afternoon to the big extension. Right, was that the game that uh Jerry and Phil Knight came walking out may have been, may have been they had just done the other thing.
Speaker 2: Emmittt on the first play of the game goes for a touchdown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was up there, right, yes, yes, up there. That's what I remember.
Speaker 14: More so that we had the year before that, we had Emmett didn't have great reviews coming into that to that season, and Emmett wanted to prove to everybody because they thought he had lost a step because all these carries.
Speaker 8: That's what I remember, Emmett going to the end zone that is right here. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 14: What I remember, was still me yeah right, yeah, So that is what I remember.
Speaker 8: Uh, that was a great night.
Speaker 14: That was That was a fun night because it showed, it showed, it showed a lot of things. Was the power, the power of the Cowboys star with get mister Phield, Knight getting you.
Speaker 5: Know, Jerry Cake.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, this thing was different, man. And I still ain't got paid.
Speaker 14: I still ain't got my bag, as the young boy say, okay, so so, and.
Speaker 6: The other thing.
Speaker 5: The other thing I was gonna say to Nate.
Speaker 6: The other thing I think we answered is uh, Tyrone Smith still can play pulled out on that lead block. Uh And really there was no leakage over there on that side.
Speaker 14: This is what I like about this team so far is the fact that and I'm saying just players, not they gonna what they're gonna do.
Speaker 8: I don't know what the season.
Speaker 14: Brings, but fellas, whenever you have and it's happened to your walls, whenever you have a defense that can possibly wreck your offensive practices, it seemed like you go into the season a little bit better, a little bit more prepared. And that's what happened was when Charles got here, they used to wreck.
Speaker 8: It used to be like we getting cussed out every film session.
Speaker 4: Once that was still the DC.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and uh we you know, Tony Wise, be like they did this, see Leon, I just great players across the front and our training camp every day, man, make me look oh and wrecked another here's number level. But last night you see what.
Speaker 6: Happened, So you tell me because this, I think shocked a lot of people across the country.
Speaker 5: This is what we saw in training all.
Speaker 8: Doing training camp. Bill Ever, sorry you won't there you.
Speaker 7: But you you've probably been.
Speaker 14: Laughing, man, because it's like we would going to it's called pressure pressure drill, and they never blitzed us. But the first four plays in the pressure system always was Racked Parsons d.
Speaker 8: Law h oh. So I'm like, wow, can we ever just get it?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 4: It was on twit.
Speaker 5: And you know what?
Speaker 6: And and I think maybe in the second half when they got the lead and they was like, okay, we're coming after you.
Speaker 5: They started using a.
Speaker 6: Five man line, yes, with Parsons in the middle, vander Esch was rushing outside of DeMarcus Lawrence on the left, and they were coming with five guys and it was like the Giants had no clue.
Speaker 2: And the speed that the Cowboys have at the second level with I mean the mont Clark can run a linebacker. But then you mix in Janie Thomas and Marquise Bell playing up there too, along with Curse, and.
Speaker 6: And you know what, Diggs is no slouch.
Speaker 5: This kid can run.
Speaker 6: I think it's deceptive. I was watching him in the pregame, the pre pregame warm up, when he was doing these drills with al errors.
Speaker 5: Man, he can run.
Speaker 4: We knew that, fac Yeah, how to do that?
Speaker 5: I know, everybody know anything.
Speaker 6: Everybody thinks he's kind of slow, and you know, and he's smooth, and yeah, you think he's more.
Speaker 2: Like every.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no deception that it's real, because he would always say what's the difference between you and Digs?
Speaker 14: Was like, he's fast, he's smooth, man, he runs smooth. He don't run herky jerky you know. You know he's smooth, just like much like Brandon Cooks. He's smooth.
Speaker 8: It's different ever.
Speaker 2: Surren smooth, Yeah, but slow, like like a loping cierfield girl.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: I gotta say. We've been talking about how great the defense is. No one mentions d Q. I mean, come on, this guy is doaling it up. I mean he's been dolling up obviously since training camp. He's the one that is not just pass messing up the drill. He's messing up the drill. It starts with him.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they lies that they were going to bring in a first year safety to cover Waller, and he did it early. He told me afterwards, he said, this is the most fun I've ever had playing ball.
Speaker 5: And you know probably was right too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you got a homework assignment. Oh no, you gotta watch football tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think I could stay?
Speaker 2: Next opponent, New York Jets, Aaron Rodgers and the Jets against the Bills.
Speaker 9: And we're out of.
Speaker 2: Time, and tomorrow we're at Amick.
Speaker 8: Wick number five, John Wick.
Speaker 7: We're getting rid of this time, We're getting rid of the He's not coming back, all.
Speaker 2: Right, See you at nine o'clock in the morning here on Mixshot Old Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 6: H