Speaker 1: Hey, that phone's Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Coming you to you from a different location per usual, Not in Mittel Manhattan at the iHeart Studios this time, but instead I am sitting next to, as we speak, a very lovely dressed Amy Robot. There are sparkles in that dress you're wearing. Yes, there's a lovely backdrop with lovely greenery and lighting. There's soft music playing.
Speaker 2: Do tell oh, we are at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, in Hollywood, because we just came back from Why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 1: Because I had a whole mood going. I had a whole thing going.
Speaker 3: Is that well, we guys in a game show. Yes, sorry, this is the price is right?
Speaker 2: I know. So we just got back from the iHeart Music Awards, just walked across the street and I had a blast.
Speaker 4: It was so much on You had a blast.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course I had a blast. But this was a journey started for us on Sunday.
Speaker 3: We flew out here.
Speaker 1: And this is something we haven't had in a while. You and I were talking about we haven't had any downtime or off time, and being in a plane for five plus hours was kind of a nice getaway.
Speaker 3: Yes, coming out to LA in the first place, it was.
Speaker 2: And so we had a very early start because we had to get one of the first flights out to get to La in time to watch March Madness.
Speaker 1: Let's just be honest, Why don't we just say because I had an emergency.
Speaker 4: I had to watch two games, specific games. Thank god it was just two. So we had to race from the airport to the hotel.
Speaker 2: We literally threw our bags in our room, did we not, and then ran off the door.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes people, oh, I think really, literally is one of the most overused words in language.
Speaker 3: However, she used it accurately exactly.
Speaker 2: We tossed through the bags and then ran to the nearest sports bar so we could catch the games. I say all of this to say we had We were excited, we were going to be in La.
Speaker 3: We didn't have kids to think about, a worry about.
Speaker 2: We just got to kind of have Yes, we're working, but we got to have some much needed alone time. So we were going to go out to dinner when we got back to the hotel room, and we had a whole night planned and at six point thirty we okay, fine, but six thirty pm we came back to regroup. I put that in air quotes, but no one can see me to regroup. We fell asleep and then we woke up at twelve thirty as in midnight thirty and realized that we missed the entire night and we were wide awake.
Speaker 4: So that was a bit of a problem.
Speaker 2: So we turned on in Citius three duh at twelve thirty to two thirty. Yeah, and then I think we did fall back asleep from two thirty to four thirty.
Speaker 1: At that point, if it's four o'clock on the East coast, you were awake. I'm awake, so my body clock was there. So yes, we watched a couple of movies and then what.
Speaker 3: Did you say to me? Run?
Speaker 5: You ready to run?
Speaker 4: And I was like, give me a sec per usual, But anyway, we ran.
Speaker 2: Had a beautiful day and actually are still pretty wide away given that wacky, weird sleep situation we had going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we felt great today, got a great run and on the Walk of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But the event tonight it was a yellow carpet at the iHeart Awards. Again, we appreciate the invitation coming out of course, people know. This is iHeart podcast. We've been in business with them now in a partnership for the past it was six months plus or so, so it's great to get invited to things like this. And I guess the evening started. We had to do a red carpet walk. The carpet, however, was yellow yellow. Yes, they gave us a heads up about that, and you appreciated it because to you, the first thing you thought about was my dress color.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't know a yellow carpet.
Speaker 2: There are certain colors that might clash that you could wear with a red carpet, but not with a yellow car.
Speaker 3: With clashes with a yellow car. I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Point anyone out who might have worn these colors.
Speaker 1: But yeah, very good right there.
Speaker 2: But I just I made a choice to have a muted kind of pastel just to not compete with the bright yellow. So I went with a mint green bodice dress.
Speaker 4: It's a lace bodice lace. Yeah, it's no, you got bodice right, That was good.
Speaker 3: You'll know what that means lace bodice. Yes, boy, girl knows what I say. Bodice. That's not correct.
Speaker 4: I have to say, well, it's a lace bodice.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear, it's a bodie. It just happens to be lace. Yes, all right, yes, okay, there are four in the room.
Speaker 2: They're all looking at you like yes, ok that's correct, and then you yeah.
Speaker 4: So we had fun getting glammed up, right, you had a.
Speaker 3: Blast getting glammed up. So this is so funny, I Heart.
Speaker 2: They were very sweet because I'm actually not used to this now these days, having anyone who does my hair or my.
Speaker 4: Makeup and so.
Speaker 2: But they scheduled TJ for a thirty minute session for his glam team.
Speaker 4: How did that go?
Speaker 3: I canceled? You canceled for me? Actually yeah, TJ says he.
Speaker 4: Doesn't need a glam team.
Speaker 3: You know when you're born that way.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, but I you, I'd love you are very familiar with me and my affinity for makeup, yes, but not in anything. But it was funny. They had me booked something and Emma. We want to give love to Emma from London.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Okay.
Speaker 1: We met her when we first started our partnership with iHeart. She was did your hair and makeup today? And she has you on fire. You told to do something?
Speaker 3: What with your hair.
Speaker 4: I just said, do whatever you want with my hair.
Speaker 3: I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what, someone else is doing it, so I'm so happy, So whatever you want.
Speaker 1: You would not have done this on your own. No, it looks great. You got to get everything work.
Speaker 4: And it's a little rock and roll.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit more edgy and I typically would be. But she is amazing, So yes, thank you, Emma. And she was doing so many folks, so she squeezed me in at the end. We squeezed into the red carpet, but oh, sorry, the yellow carpet. But just in time to see one of our new best friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was going back even before that best friend. Two before we got into the pictures, and we were standing and waiting, right somebody who offers you some jewelry?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, toy spelling, So she's great. So Tory was waiting in line with us. But she had had a fashion emergency earlier, and so I don't know how it happened, but somehow the.
Speaker 4: Dress she was supposed to wear it got misplaced.
Speaker 2: So some of her reps came running into the room saying, does anyone have a dress that toys spelling can borrow, by the way, who could fit, Like, I don't think Tory Spelling could fit into any one of our dresses because she's, yeah, she is an amazing rock and body, and.
Speaker 4: So I was like, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: But she somehow found a pair of pants from someone and a top from her daughter, and she made it all work. And she was blinged out with really cool jewelry and yes, I realized I had none, so she was offering me some of her rings.
Speaker 3: It was very sweet.
Speaker 2: She was like, hey, look, I know what it's like to be without. So that was all happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: One of those surreal moments.
Speaker 1: I am standing on a carpet, a yellow carpet, red carpet, waiting to go have my picture taken with you, talking to Tory Spelling right and talking about exchanging jewelry.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, s please nine O, two and zero. When I was coming up, she was like everything, So, yes, that would have been I would have been geeking out a million times over if I had seen that in my high school and college days.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So she was very sweets, like, please take whatever you want.
Speaker 2: But you know, everyone has little fashion emergencies in the end, and I just decided I was going with a a very clean look.
Speaker 3: The song's jewelry clean, very basic. Actually, did you have a wardrobe emergency of any kind? No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: It was just that I realized that I didn't think out my jewelry situation.
Speaker 4: But it's fine.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't think I did either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you were trying to look for jewelry at the very end. We were actually going to jewelry stories at the last minute.
Speaker 1: For you, you want to call really Marshall's the jewelry store.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 4: So before we hit the red carpet we ran.
Speaker 2: We first looked up when Marshall's was open, which was at nine thirty eight, if anyone wants to know, on Hollywood Boulevard Marshalls is open.
Speaker 3: We were thinking that maybe because TJ.
Speaker 2: Max sometimes has jewelry in the cases that actually is really nice fourteen care gold like legit great jewelry, I thought Marshalls might have it as well.
Speaker 3: They did not. But you were looking for a jeweled but jewels really fun to people that I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: A jeweled either tie clip or would you call a man's brooch?
Speaker 4: You're looking what was it?
Speaker 3: God? You were looking for a man's brooch.
Speaker 1: You say it like that, Yes, I was looking for him dassel tee.
Speaker 3: No, it's a lapel pin. It's a lapel.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Didn't you want somethling on it? Which is called what in your world be dazzled? Okay? Yes? No, what word did you use?
Speaker 4: I said dazzled? I said a dazzle jewels jewel?
Speaker 3: Yes, see same different, but yes, we go to Marshalls at nine thirty a m. Looking this is all true.
Speaker 4: It's funny because it's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, but will you say it out loud? Now awful? You know you say it out loud.
Speaker 1: TJ Amy Robot went to Marshalls on Hollywood Boulevard at nine looking for open Jesus. Okay, that's mad. Okay, when you say it that way, it.
Speaker 4: Sounds oh man, Yes, our secret is out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, but you know this is shocking. We didn't find one. What do your point? And you're right? A lot of people TJ. Max different. It's we learned. They have a jewelry case. Sometimes there's a security guard.
Speaker 1: Even there are keys in ball things are locked up and Marshalls, however, there is a carousel that says Jewelry fourteen ninety nine on it. That's a true story as well. We we left fairly fairly soon after riting.
Speaker 2: In Marshall, and then we went to Pandora to try and see if but.
Speaker 3: They are sort and they were closed.
Speaker 1: So when you see the pictures of us from the iHeart Awards and you look closely at TJ and say, wow, he looks nice, but he's missing something. It was a bejeweled lapel pin.
Speaker 3: And you won't you will notice there's not a lapel pen.
Speaker 2: No, no, but you know what next time and you could go maybe somewhere, maybe.
Speaker 4: Go to TJ Max next time, beforehand, beforehand.
Speaker 3: I'll do it ahead of time.
Speaker 1: All right, We get through pictures, we get yes to what you were saying a second ago, down to our new best.
Speaker 3: Friend Gavin Rossdale. You were very excited to see.
Speaker 2: It was very exciting. Hopefully if any of you all listened to the podcast. If you haven't, just look back a few episodes. Gavin was on the show just a few weeks ago and he was amazing. We became new best friends, and as it turns out, it seems like we continue to have therapy sessions with people that we don't intend to, but we did have one with Gavin, so.
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 2: Just a few weeks have passed, we see him and it's almost like there's a connection that went deeper than just an interview, because we had a therapy session with Gavin.
Speaker 4: So it was great to see him and his new girl.
Speaker 3: Yes, he talked about her on our podcast. She was there.
Speaker 4: She was great, she was gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Time with her, Yeah, she was great. She was great.
Speaker 1: But it was it was it was an energy and a warmth and just we did. We looked like there was a reunion of friends. I hadn't seen each other in a long, long time, but it was. It was great to see him on the carpet and the fans were great as we were. You and I have both covered a lot at the Adobe Theater before, yes, some oscars there, and to walk through there now and not be going to work or having to do an interview.
Speaker 3: We walked through this throng of fans and folks wanting.
Speaker 1: To take our pictures and give us high five. We stopped a lot and this lot I've never had gotten the chance to do that walk before.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it was the closest we'll ever get to doing that walk. But yes, we've always been on the other side of it. So it was really cool to be on the inside walk up those famous steps that you see the celebrities walk up on the oscars. But we got to walk up there and was not lost on me. I was taking it all in. And we got into the theater and you got to see an old friend. Well, we got to see an old friend who ended up presenting later in the awards, Nissi nash I hope we.
Speaker 1: Get to tell that story later because we haven't even totally fully to Nissi.
Speaker 3: We need to get her on the podcast.
Speaker 1: We will, we will, we will, But Nissi was it's okay, well we'll say it here and hopefully we'll tell the story later. But Nissi played an integral part and she didn't even realize she did in our story, our story being me and Robes. So it was good to see her put her arms around her again and.
Speaker 3: She just lights. She always just likes the place up with her smile.
Speaker 4: It was very fun to see her.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we got to also see well, maybe you said it was a highlight for.
Speaker 3: You, the highlight of my night, Flavor Flavor. Yes, he had the big time piece on.
Speaker 1: We got it going, but Flavor Flavor look obviously iconic and hip hop. But I've never met the brother I've never met.
Speaker 3: You were and.
Speaker 1: You saw it happen, and then he said it. He got up from where he was we were standing with NISI and worked his way down to come put his arms around me. Now, you and I have talked about this a lot to where we are. We went through a phase in our life not too long ago where we had our heads down thinking everybody hates us and or it's looking at us funny, just in shame into a certain degree, and it's been taking us a while to get our heads back up high and to have someone like that or anybody, But then to have him make the effort and have the words he had for me tonight, to embrace us the way he did. It absolutely was a highlight.
Speaker 3: Went and that was really cool. I loved seeing it. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a moment. There were so many moments when we first sat down.
Speaker 2: I actually had to send this to my girls because JT justin timberly coming out singing my new favorite song that I have had on repeat NonStop.
Speaker 1: I mean, but he did it in a way we hadn't heard before.
Speaker 3: That was I think his guitars are selfish.
Speaker 2: It was so so good and then broke out into song and dancing and just man, I was impressed that it was really cool. I felt really honored to be there to witness that it.
Speaker 1: Is wildly talented and he is done my longevity. He keeps putting them out. He can still put out his and still sounds sounds like that and after all these years, that was fun.
Speaker 2: So many amazing performances, I have to say. Also, I was taking some texts from family members who were watching along while we were in this studio, actually in the amazing Adobey Theater watching it all happen. But how cool was it to see Meryl Streep introduce Jennifer Hudson who introduced Share, like to have those three powerhouses on the stage to hear Share and Jennifer Hudson do a duet of her. I mean, it was it was a pinch me moment for I was blown away being able to witness that.
Speaker 1: Seeing Meryl Street walk up on the stage, Yeah, that woman is just special. And to think she's standing next to Share. Those are those are I don't even know if icon is the right word, but that's it, that those are iconic women who've had iconic careers. And that line about shares se d year seven decade decades has a number one hit in seven decades. I don't yeah anyone ever, can anybody do that? That's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: She is the only one here in the United States.
Speaker 2: And to have Share and like Yes and Meryll having the same kind of track record, and to keep going to still be influencers and to be inspirational for like my daughters, I mean, look up to both of those women. So it was really remarkable to see them on the stage. That Jennifer Hudson singing Holy Moy, that was remarkable. Also performance his wait jelly Roll, Can we talk about that?
Speaker 3: Seems like you're about to Well, you.
Speaker 2: Were making fun of me because I was supposed to be preparing for this podcast and I was downloading his music because the second I walked outside of the theater, I'm like, I gotta listen to everything this dude is put out.
Speaker 4: It was so good, so powerful.
Speaker 3: The song is one thing save me.
Speaker 1: A lot of people know, but he I can't remember what other award show it was that he got so much attention for his thing. I think it was a startry. He was a country award show. But when he gets on a mic, he is He's always speaking from the heart. We saw some people's Sometimes people want to do rehearse their speeches or there is not as personal. He just starts talking and it is just flowing from his heart. And his acceptance speech tonight was another one that people will be downloading and talking about for the next several days, weeks, months, and even years.
Speaker 2: Wait, so it's so funny we've been talking about the night and we've not really even well, maybe we buried the lead. Beyonce was at the Dolbe Theater there tonight, which was remarkable to see her.
Speaker 3: It was so cool.
Speaker 2: Anytime we were in the same room with Beyonce, it's something to tell everyone else about.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: I mean that I was there and she was there, and we were in the.
Speaker 1: Same room and it was really cool, and it doesn't matter. That's that's how I tell the story. Yes, I was at the iHeart Radio Awards with Beyond, and I leave it there. Yes, same room, she was there, I was there enough set. We were there usual imagination, right, we could have been mingling, we could have been or I could have been on road seventy seven and she was up front.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, No, it really doesn't.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well she's doing with that album now. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thing, have you.
Speaker 2: No, because I can't get her song out of my head. It isn't a constant loop.
Speaker 3: If you're sticking with the one. Well, that's the.
Speaker 4: One that we've been playing over and over and over.
Speaker 1: But I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing. But obviously, and that other moment you talk about Maryland share on.
Speaker 3: Stage, Beyonce and Stevie Wonder. Yeah, wait, yes, Stevie Wonder coming back introduce. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was an amazing night that the have all of those powerhouses. They're together, honoring each other. Pretty cool.
Speaker 3: There was one more we're missing, is there? It is Ris?
Speaker 1: It was hosting apparently, yes, but became almost the artist of the night with his performance of hits that had when when t Paine.
Speaker 4: Oh my god ran out.
Speaker 3: All I do is win.
Speaker 2: I have some video of you. You were dancing in your seat. We were in the seated section.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a bummer Okay, no, no, no, is it the seated section?
Speaker 3: People don't want to stand up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then when I did stand up, I actually someone told me to sit down.
Speaker 3: I remember that. Yeah, I felt bad. Okay, so it was when chair was up.
Speaker 1: What's the proper etiquette? Somebody tell me what is the proper etiquette? If you're in the first row of a section and music is playing, a concert essentially is going on. Do you stay in your seat until the people behind you stand up or should they understand that? Yes, I stood up because of the concert and I am briven.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, in this situation, everyone in front of us was standing, so you kind of wanted you got swept up in the in.
Speaker 4: The motion of standing up and dancing.
Speaker 1: So I assumed, for clarity, there they were. We were to elevate it, so even the people standing up were not blocking our view.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's there. But I don't know what the people behind me are doing.
Speaker 2: So I see everyone else in front of me stand up, and I want to stand up, and I'm dancing, and I don't realize that no one followed behind us, and so yeah, I ended up sitting down because I didn't want to block someone's view. But I always kind of felt like if people in the front kind of like a standing ovation stand up, you stand up, it just kind of is like a wave, you just follow it.
Speaker 4: But no one followed us, so then we had to sit down.
Speaker 2: So then we had to dance while we were seated.
Speaker 3: We were being considered.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wanted to stand up, yes, and I know you did too, did yeah?
Speaker 3: Especially yeah, ran out, pain, ran out. It was amazing, I do what? And then Luda goes.
Speaker 1: Through hit after hit that we've been jumping up and down to for decades.
Speaker 4: It was fun, it was and you know what was cool.
Speaker 2: Look, most people, I'm obviously aware of how cool it was to be there, But every time we've come to this theater or even to this town for any kind of an award show, we are typically working. And we actually got to through work, just spectate, just be entertained, just get to watch. That was the first time, and it was amazing to be able to just kind of take it in and not have to work, And that was a really special moment and just to see how incredibly talented and amazing all these folks are to come together. And it was cool because it's a different setup. You're not seeing who wins. There's not some big build up. It's just folks are being honored. They've already been chosen by the listeners, by iHeart, and it was just great to see people being celebrated who deserved it.
Speaker 1: You're I don't know, did you feel any kind of way walking back into this theater.
Speaker 3: Oh? Really, it's We've been here for a countless oscars.
Speaker 2: And I've never actually been inside. I've been outside, I've been beneath the steps. So yeah, it was really cool to be able to see it all from a different, vantish point. And someone else we saw on stage, someone we spoke to earlier that you are going to get to hear from a little later this week. A j McClain from the Backstreet Boys. He was there with Lance.
Speaker 3: Bass, Alexander Jane.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true. We're going to hear where about that.
Speaker 1: James McClain is what he goes by now, the artist formerly known as AJ.
Speaker 2: Well, he still is AJ when it comes to the Backstreet Boys. But yes, they were on stage. It was great to see them, but we got to catch up with Alex. You're correct, Alex James, and he has a really really powerful story to tell and some exciting news to talk about as well.
Speaker 4: That's all coming up. He was so much fun.
Speaker 1: He wasn't just he was forty five forty six now, so he's he's been through a lot, and he's been very open about his journey, his sobriety journey, and so it was It's a cool conversation hopefully you all will listen to later. But that was a very fun part of this trip in this day was to be able to sit down with somebody like him I've been a fan of for so long and have that type of conversation after both of us now we've been through all three of us, I just say, but all of us have been through all kinds of life, and that was a highlight.
Speaker 3: Of the day as well.
Speaker 2: It is it is always fun to talk to people who have really hard earned wisdom to share, and he has so much of that.
Speaker 4: So we're excited to share that with all of you.
Speaker 2: That'll be coming up later this week.
Speaker 6: Misspelling is a new podcast from Tory Spelling, who is the real woman behind the notorious Tory spelling headlines. Is the mother of five living in a Beverly Hills manor or in an RV? Is she Donna Martin or is she a down and out divorcee for someone who grew up with Hollywood mogul air and spelling. Was she Daddy's little girl? Or is she her father's daughter? In a town where the lines are blurred, It's finally time to clear the air with the misunderstood misspelling.
Speaker 3: Follow Tory.
Speaker 6: If she confronts the missteps, the mistakes, and the misconceptions, Misspelling is ready to reveal what's real and what's fake as she strips down her Hollywood person. If you think the rumors are shocking, just.
Speaker 4: Wait until you hear the truth.
Speaker 6: Because when a woman has nothing to lose, she has everything to gain. Listen to Misspellings starting April first on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: We told you all were here at the Roosevelt Hotel room. They have a set up for us. We can record a podcast and somebody's knocking on the door. I'm so curious to know wool it is. And that was whispering, so I don't know if there's a mystery guest, I can bring Rose speaking around the corner.
Speaker 3: Now I'm getting nervous. Actually, so.
Speaker 4: It's Amy sugar Oh, it's all, it's yes, It's yes. Amy Sugarman is going to bring a surprise guest right now.
Speaker 3: She's a big Boss over at the Big Boss.
Speaker 4: And she just asked if she can bring in a guest.
Speaker 3: Is she seriously for the podcast? Oh my god, you know what the guest is? Oh my god, Okay.
Speaker 2: We don't even know. We're going to be surprised. This is a fun segment. Surprise Amy and TJ.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make ours with the guest, though I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes we have ten minutes for our car, So I don't know who the surprise is.
Speaker 3: But it seems to be getting.
Speaker 4: Louder and louder.
Speaker 3: We know who the guest is. You think we do? We think we good?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 3: We just cannot we.
Speaker 5: Can't shake up.
Speaker 1: We can't shake up.
Speaker 3: Well, hello, how are you DearS? How'd you enjoy the show? Well?
Speaker 5: If Amy hadn't been standing up in front of us the whole time, it would have been fast.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, show.
Speaker 2: We were just acknowledging that I was standing for some of the segments and I was told to sit down politely, but you know, sit down?
Speaker 3: Could that have been you all?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Why don't you introduce yourselves please, now that you've joined.
Speaker 5: Us Kathy from the Golden Bachelor season, from our new podcast, Golden Hour, and from the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 3: So this this is how how new is the podcast?
Speaker 5: Our first one just came out?
Speaker 1: Okay, so so the promote the podcast, you crash other podcasts.
Speaker 5: It's working for us, how's it working for you?
Speaker 3: You know what? This is probably going to be a hit for us.
Speaker 5: And so let me just be clear.
Speaker 3: It's go to Bachelor Happy Hour and then.
Speaker 5: Go to the Golden Hour because we're golden.
Speaker 1: Did you all do Happy Hour tonight.
Speaker 5: Tonight, this morning, this afternoon? Ladies?
Speaker 7: Then you just get a drink and you're not left back in.
Speaker 3: So it's been a happy day, not just a happy hour.
Speaker 2: It's a happy morning turns a very happy evening.
Speaker 5: We're all we're all like Yankee sitting here, you know that.
Speaker 2: Oh yes we're not from We're not like we're all East coasts coasters.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes we are. You will tell me true. How bad was it with the with us up and down to the music.
Speaker 4: And standing too much?
Speaker 5: I wanted to stand up and she kept telling me. Susan kept saying sit down, sit on, like I'm sorry. When you're at a concert, you stand up, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's what I was trying to do. I wanted to dance, yes the whole time.
Speaker 5: Well, if you don't want to stay up, sit at home and listen to the radio.
Speaker 2: I M.
Speaker 3: On your tush.
Speaker 5: You were jamming. That's not the same.
Speaker 3: Was the highlight there.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Green Day. I sent my son. He loved Green Day. I sent him the picture. He said, You're so lucky. I don't know. Can I just say, how about Katie Perry.
Speaker 3: I I heard you guys.
Speaker 2: You were like, she you look so good, Like I could hear you guys, No, but she did.
Speaker 4: I mean she had a basically a bikini on with it.
Speaker 5: When I go up, I'm going to look like Katy Perry. It was.
Speaker 2: I could hear the rolling commentary. It was very fun. Yes, it was great. I was agreeing with you. I was like, yeah, they're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I have to be honest. I did attack you people at the bar I did. I came up and said, I know you're not supposed to do this in l A, but I just had to tell you too how much I admire you and I think you're inspiring to people out there. And here we are now best of friends, crashing your podcast.
Speaker 3: Why are you not supposed to that in l A?
Speaker 7: L A bands don't approach people when you're in LA except for us, of course.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I said?
Speaker 2: I said, you're never ever bothering me if you have something kind to say, so thank you, like we appreciate that.
Speaker 5: And may I say, you are more beautiful in person and you are handsome, Thank you great?
Speaker 3: Look here much we appreciate.
Speaker 5: And now now that we've been nice, can you find us guys like?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is what.
Speaker 5: It's a question, straight up, it's a question begging. Do you see me in my hands and knees.
Speaker 3: I'm not begging. You did lead with that.
Speaker 1: After we met, Thanks Jack, he says your name and say, hey, where's where's your dad?
Speaker 5: And now let me ask you again, where is your dad? Your uncle, your great uncle Fred? Where is it next door? Your papa? Where are they? I will track you down on the Upper West Side I believe you.
Speaker 4: So, how's the podcast coming? How y'all feeling about it?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 2: Yes a minute, Yeah, I can see you're very entertaining and you're not shy.
Speaker 7: That is degree we agree to disagree.
Speaker 5: Wait have you ever been described as shy? Ever? Can I just say I have always been the loudest person in the room until I met Susan.
Speaker 7: You should me my cousin, Donna.
Speaker 4: You wait, so what are you looking for in a man?
Speaker 3: Me? Yeah, you know, my boy?
Speaker 6: Sit down?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean TJ. You're taking so don't worry. You're good. Honestly, I was married for forty six years, so I'm looking I don't want to raise kids and I don't want to raise another man, so you know I've done that. I'm living for a guy who wants to have fun and adventures and travel and just who wants to share this last chapter of my life. What about you? What are you looking tall?
Speaker 7: He could be gray instead of dark now, but somebody with a sense of humor and enjoys life like I'm about being positive. It's not over come live with me.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're gonna go down this road again with me physically. Just live you know the time see, we're not asking for much? Are we asking for a while?
Speaker 3: I don't think so at all. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Where does the line form?
Speaker 1: We can look outside, it might be a line forman I mean, we've been.
Speaker 5: In the airports, We've like had signs on our back. I mean it's just not working.
Speaker 7: I tell you, I was on every dating site notes man prior to being on the show. After coming off the show, I don't care to go back on them. Oh wow, if you know I'm good for somebody, you know. I won't quote myself yet again. Kathy's sick of it, but I'm going to do it. I used to believe I was a woman that needed a man. Now I know I'm a woman that a man needs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like, can we get a rock and a chisel? I'm want to pound that in. I just want you know, I'm going to put that over your tombstone.
Speaker 7: I don't have that. No, no, no, And.
Speaker 5: See I don't need a man either, But I just you know, we're we're we're different for our age. We have a lot of energy and we want to have a lot of fun. And that's hard to find because my thing, which I've said a million times, said Susan sick of but I'm gonna say it anyway. Is I'm tired of used to guys. I used to guy is a guy who used to play tennis, he used to swim, he used to ski, he used to do anything, and now he sits on the sofa. I don't want to used to guy.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that, and you know what you want and he's out there, DJ y No.
Speaker 3: In all seriousness.
Speaker 1: Now, I know we've been joking around a little bit here, but when you flat out ask you all what you're looking for in a man, you'll had very clear, concise, sharp answers. You'll know exactly what you want. You're not asking for too much. So that'll be the only serious thing. We can go back to our bullshit now. I just want to get.
Speaker 3: That out of the way. So now we're gonna go back and giving each other hell. I think I think you need younger men for.
Speaker 5: Sure, right, So wait, before we get back to the bulls, can I just say men don't date older women my son, my son when they're below fifty. Yeah, they do, and my age riding the neck of time, men want younger. I'm being honest at my age. They you know, if a guy is you know, cashing his Social Security check and counting the pennies and and is sitting as he used to guy. But if you get a guy that has some energy, I'm being serious, a guy that has energy that wants to do stuff. He doesn't want me, foolish guy that he is. He wants a fifty year old.
Speaker 7: But it's arm candy, it's it's what they're going through, what men are going through, so they.
Speaker 5: Want it makes them feel younger.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not a man, but we see that. That's what we're observing. Okay, we're assuming this to be true, which is one of my rules that I hate to assume. But that's exactly what we're doing. Why should we think about it now?
Speaker 3: He she knows me already. I love that.
Speaker 1: What do you think I was about to go down a rabbit hole with you there? Because is it the like most guys your age can't keep up with you.
Speaker 5: That's correct, that's correct, But I.
Speaker 1: Would argue there are guys who are ten and twenty years younger than you can't keep up with you.
Speaker 5: That's probably true as well.
Speaker 3: So when those got I mean, what mean you go.
Speaker 5: For a teenager.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I mean that young.
Speaker 1: But I see the difficulty, the difficulty you speak of, and it almost sounds impossible.
Speaker 3: No one, no, I say, no, let me know he So you just see the word and you get canceled. That's what we do now. You don't hear anything else in the fighting words teaching.
Speaker 1: I said, it's sounds almost impossible. Can everybody vouch for what I said? Yes, it sounds almost what a challenge super lining. The silver line is you are who you are. I saw you. You are going to attract exactly what you want if you just keep doing what you're doing. You are a ball of absolute energy like I can't. I can barely keep up with you all at the events you came and said hello to us over at the bar, like, who is that lady?
Speaker 3: We gotta know that is who you are.
Speaker 1: Keep doing that, you're gonna attract exactly what you need and everybody else who can't roll with that. You don't even have to go on the dating site. You don't need to talk to friends. They're gonna fall by the wayside because they're gonna be so turned off by the woman that you are, because they can't keep up, So keep doing you things.
Speaker 3: Don't change the thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel like I should thank him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Therapy, appointment, No, we just hate. That's just you are.
Speaker 5: Is this your way of saying, you have no no one in your stable that you can send my way. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 3: To dream the impossible.
Speaker 5: He's saying. Where we leave, he's gonna be singing, I'm impossible.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, nobody in my circle that is worthy, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know what, this guy.
Speaker 3: Hold on to this guy. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We're talking to you plenty of folks. I hope you enjoyed this surprise.
Speaker 5: Thanks for utting us crash