Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend, especially you fathers out there. Lots of recap. It's our two on the program. We'll talk some golf as we look back on what happened at Oakmont Steve SAMs from Golf Channel. Also NBA Game five coming up tonight. PJ. Carlissimo, the ESPN NBA analyst will stop by as well. And the Thunder favored by nine and a half. It feels like it's Shay Gilgis over under his thirty four and a half every game and Tyrese Haliburton over under his seventeen and a half every game. And the thunder favored by nine and a half. Eight seven seven three DP show. We're taking phone calls best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like. We say good morning to those watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app. By the way, celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws by listening to the nineteen seventy five, watching the nineteen seventy five origin, and a streaming exclusively on Peacock. When you think of a soundtrack is there a. Is there a more recognizable disturbing soundtrack when you hear Jaws?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe Halloween that that's kind of that's similar, But I and they're both kind of simple, you know.
Speaker 4: But the Jaws, you know, first of all, I don't understand why nobody gets out of the water when they hear that music. It only comes with one.
Speaker 5: Yes, Todd Friday the thirteenth, I'd still take Jaws over that in Halloween.
Speaker 2: Any other suggestions, so, yes, Pauline, Yeah, I'm reading about it.
Speaker 6: John Williams, the composer, the famous movie composer, brought it to Steven Spielberg and that this is it, and he goes, that's it. He isn't there more on the way, he goes, exactly, there's more on the way, Like it's foreboding of the m the shark. It became a thing though. You would go to certain places and you just go, dude, oh, don't go in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember kids didn't want to go into a swimming pool.
Speaker 6: I saw Jaws Dan at age six, which is a bad decision by my parents.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is six.
Speaker 6: Yes, My cross the street neighbor had a above ground swimming pool that I would not enter for a while.
Speaker 2: All right, So you got basketball tonight and got Game five thunder and the Pacers JJ spawn at the US Open his first major, and the Red Sox have shipped Rafael Devers to the Giants and a little bit of a surprise considering he was leading the Red Sox in just about all of their offensive categories. Phone calls eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler's sitting by best and worst to the weekend? Had that for you coming up? I think this is the fifth year they've been doing the tight End University in George Kittle helped start that, and the Niners tight end back on the program. Do you reject any tight ends that want to go to tight End University?
Speaker 7: Hey Dad, good boarding man?
Speaker 2: Hi Ben, how are you doing.
Speaker 7: Happy Father's Day?
Speaker 2: Thank you you too?
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness. Let's see by uh do I reject anybody? Actually? So, how didn't you start it off where we were?
Speaker 8: How of just doing only active players, in the last two years, we've opened it up to all active practice squad guys who've been in the league who might not be on a team yet. So no, it is as long as I can get a hold of those guys and they have an EMAO address, I can send an invite form and fill out on the registration form two they're invited. So I think we have between eighty and ninety guys this year, which I'm pretty excited about.
Speaker 2: But is there a syllabus, Like if you're going to a university, they give you a kind of a rundown of classes that you go to, Like what is required in all seriousness of tight End University.
Speaker 8: Really for guys to be there. As long as you're on an NFL roster were in like the last year, you're invited. But syllabus wise, what we do is we do a classroom session and you have guys like so, I've talked about run blocking, past protech, yack. Those are things that I focused on the past years. Travis talks about his route tree, how he reads coverages. Greg Olsen talks about his routes. We've had Jordan Rita spoke former Washington tight End about his releases. This year, Evan Ingram's going to talk, which I'm excited about. We got him up for the first time. And Jeremy Shockey will hopefully be teaching something. Gronk has taught something in the past, Dallas Clark and so really it's just we try to give We try to cover all the things that Titan does because we're the only position that really gets to do everything, you know, pass bro run, blocking, catching, catching the football, scoring touchdowns, running the ball sometimes. So like we kind of try to cover as much as possibly can and the limited time that we have with these guys and just really try to give him that's an extra step forward in their careers to help them make a team to following the following camp.
Speaker 2: Are you guys like a union? I mean, it feels like the tight end was kind of forgotten. Uh, you know when you look at franchise tags and kind of fighting for those salaries there. But how much how much do you talk about the finances of playing the position?
Speaker 8: You know what, we we do that every once in a while, you know, we do bring it. We do talk about things other than just football. Like we had some financial buysers come in one year and talk about that. We had some venture guys come in to talk about investments and so that is something. But what we do, like the only way for the tighten market to continue to grow is if everybody's getting paid.
Speaker 7: That's that's the only way to do it.
Speaker 8: That you can't just have one guy do it and then it just sits for three or four years, because then you're stuck and it's staggning. No one's getting paid. So we want everybody, like I want everybody to have great seasons. I want everybody to have great games, just not against the forty nine ers, but throughout the rest the season they can play as well as they want to because I want guys to get paid to keep bumping up that market. So by the time that you know, brock Bowers is doing his contract in three years, he's going for over twenty million, which he will.
Speaker 7: And that's just the whole point.
Speaker 8: You know, when Titan you first started, I think the top of the mark was fifteen.
Speaker 7: And now we're almost twenty. So like we're continually growing it.
Speaker 8: And you know, as a tight end and as a position who does everything, yeah, I think we should be.
Speaker 7: Making more money, but we're working on it.
Speaker 2: I go back to Jimmy Graham. Jimmy Graham didn't want to be paid as a tight end, and I don't know what that did to the salary structure, but I know he was very vocal at the time that hey, I knew what wide receivers do as well as play tight end. Did that change the salary structure?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 8: I think it was a step in the right direction, because I don't. I think they still paid him like a tight end. But like, just getting that idea out there, it kind of made everybody else kind of think about it and be like, yeah, you know what, You're right, Hey, how come I have eighty catches and eleven hundred yards and ten touchdowns and you know, Travis Kelce was making like eight million dollars in the next a wide receivers making eighteen to twenty at the time, So it's just like, how can you, you know, not respect that position enough to give him that money, Because if you look back to it, like the last what ten Super Bowls, there's basically a Pro Bowlor Crini all pro tight end in every single one of those games, making playas and so the team that have great tight ends usually win the most football games in my opinion, So just keep emphasizing those tight ends and keep paying them a lot of money.
Speaker 2: George kittle on behalf of tight End University and Prevent presented by Bud light fifth year that they've had this in Nashville. How much do you joke with rock party now on how much he's making.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, it's so nice he can pay for our Halloween party. Now, Dan, I'm so excited about it. That's been on. You know, Jimmy g used to pay for it. That's what the quarterback does.
Speaker 2: And then uh wait, wait, what's the Halloween party? Like, what what does that encompass?
Speaker 7: Oh, we just like rent, we ran out of a restaurant, a bar area.
Speaker 8: Just make it a private event so guys can go to it with their wives is significant other. It's just like I like to I like to congregate outside of the facility so you can actually build these relationships, enjoy going to the work with the guys. And I'm always big the one thing the Niners do a good job of. They always bring the wives and the families in all the time to a couple of events throughout the year, and so I just want to reemphasize that. So you no, so like, when you know, my wife goes to the game, it's not the first time she's hanging out with one of our defensive lineman's wives. You know, something like that just so do they have a relationship and gives guys an opportunity to b looss some steam in the season, whether we're having a good year or a bad year. And so hopefully Brock will be paying for that one. Hopefully he's paying for a lot of stuff that'd be helpful. I would enjoy that.
Speaker 2: But you can joke with him about oh yeah, the amount of money.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know what it's I told him, you know, before the deal's even done. I was like, you guys are in a different stratus for this quarterback market. Like I'm over here fighting for nineteen to twenty million dollars a year and you're you're above fifty. So I was like, look, just whatever, you know, whatever's best for you guys. I know you'll make the right decision. But you know, I'm happy for Brock to him and his wife finally got it done.
Speaker 2: And McCaffrey, though he makes good coin to you got a lot of guys who make a lot of money on the Niners.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of guys make a lot of money. We have a lot of guys who make a lot of football players.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that's good for football McCaffrey. Did you get invited to his wedding?
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 7: I was there. I had a fantastic time.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you getting for a wedding gift?
Speaker 7: What did I get for a wedding gift?
Speaker 8: I flew into Rhode Island from Nashville, Tennessee, which is kind of hard to get. And then I just give him my valuable time. It's hard to get a gift for somebody who can get whatever they want. Man, that's always the toughest thing.
Speaker 2: But you could have, you know, an autograph jersey.
Speaker 7: You know what that is. That's a good one. You know. I usually trade.
Speaker 8: I trade jersey with my teammates after no longer teammates, So like me and Deevo finally traded jerseys for the first.
Speaker 7: Time, which is pretty fun. I got a tarvarious war jersey.
Speaker 8: But yeah, at some point, you know, I could get Christian trying to think, Yeah, I find I could find like a fun.
Speaker 7: Kevin Grant jersey, Kevin Garnett jersey or something like that.
Speaker 8: Wait, he's fans of those Kevin guard I mean, he does like basketball. But that's one thing I've been I'm a good memorabilia guy. Like, I just got one of my best friends and signed Kevin Garnett Jersey as a birthday president.
Speaker 7: He was blown away.
Speaker 2: Oh it's yeah, ever gunnets, he's the man who benches more. You were McCaffrey bench press.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna take myself on that. I'm gonna even though he's got a little bit shorter arm so it might be easier for him, I'm still gonna take myself.
Speaker 2: How about a tight end university.
Speaker 8: Oh, I definitely don't bench the most of tight end university that is, that is not.
Speaker 7: But we do.
Speaker 8: We do have some fun workouts. We do a little it's called arm Farm Friday, and we just see how big our biceps and tryceups can get for a day. That's always pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Do you film this stuff?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we filmed so, Like we have classroom sessions that we have cameras on that you know, we can send out to the guys afterwards so that they can revisit those lessons.
Speaker 7: Would in public, uh clips and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: Not necessarily all the classroom stuff, because I like to keep that kind of private for the guys to learn. All the on the field stuff though that's recorded. We push that out as much as we possibly can. Uh, you know, just grills and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Can you kid Travis Kelcey about Taylor Swift?
Speaker 7: I think Greg Olsen does that enough for everybody.
Speaker 2: Give me, for give me for instance.
Speaker 8: Uh well, we first off, we just call Greg Olsen Dad twenty four to seven. That's what me and Travis call him, because he's like you should see the way he coaches on the field.
Speaker 7: It's like he's coaching Pop Warner football. It's fantastic.
Speaker 8: But he likes to He likes to give everybody some crap every once in a while, whether it's Travis in his relationship with Taylor. It's all good hearted though, because we all love tre Travis. I mean, Travis has done so much for Titan News, done so much for the Titan position. And you know, when you're as awesome with a guy that he is, it's kind of it's really fun just to you know, bust his balls once in a while.
Speaker 2: I know you want to mention your sponsors there. We do this every year, so can you see them all? I can see him. I brought my Gatorade water okay as well, you got bud light, you got dude wipes, you got.
Speaker 8: We have bud like Gatorade, Dude Wipes, old Spice, New Era, we had all these. We have a bunch of new sponsors in which we're really excited about. You know, it's we raise all this money. Basically every Titan that comes in, they pay for their flight. We take care of everything else, hotel, transportation, food, the concert with country musicians, a golf tournament. We take care of everything. We wanted to be a first class event and our sponsors make it possible. And the cool thing is too, After we raise all this money, everything that's left me, Travis and Greg Olsen, we kind of divvy it up and then we donate it to charities of our choice, so we give back at the end. So basically raising a bunch of money, like I always donate my money the Iowa Children's Hospital, some close to my heart's. I went to college there. Travis has his foundation, Greg has his foundation, and so that's really the fun part about it.
Speaker 2: Too great to talk to you again. Hopefully we'll talk to you during the season. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what. Dan Zoray's great talking man.
Speaker 2: At George Kettle. He's the Niners tight end in his ninth season six time Pro Bowl tight End. Yeh see.
Speaker 4: I love this idea that Greg Olsen is like the dad, the pop Warner dad out there.
Speaker 2: Coaching the boys, come boys. He probably got the whistle and the tight tight bike shorts there that he's wearing, has his shirt tucked into his pants. It's so funny, even nothing to the imagination.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 6: I remember when Kittle on these guys announced tight End University, like four or five years ago. I thought it was a bit. I thought it was a joke. They got like sponsors. It's like a sabbatical for them.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a scam to go and drink beer. It still could be. Yeah, like, oh, you know, my brother, my oldest brother's in a book club. But they don't read books. But he always says he's going to the book club, and all they do is sit around and drink beer. All right, Well, take a break, just getting started for the second hour of the program. Your phone calls coming up, best and worst of the weekend, more on the NBA Finals and more on JJ Spahn at the US Open. Have that for you coming up? Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the Nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us week from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: For months, the Dodgers have had star power to play, but the problem is their pitching staff. And then we thought it was going to be extremely deep. Therefore you wouldn't need Show. But you have a team of eer that's over four right now, and now you need stability, and maybe relief is on the way with Show, Heyotani, But man, I hope it's a slow burn for them. But he's pitched a simulated game. He didn't go to a minor league ballpark to have that, But here he is now pitching, and how much can you get out of him? You want to keep him in the lineup, and that's why they didn't send him down to Double A or Triple A to have a minor league workout. But he's back and for a battered rotation, how much can you ask of him if you're going to pitch him for a couple innings, probably three or four starts that way, and then all of a sudden you get up to maybe five innings, but it won't be innings, it'll be a pitch count for Dave Roberts with show Heyo Tani, but he's so valuable you never want to take his bat out of the lineup. But I think if you're going to ease him in, if that's possible, to ease him in and get to pitch him against the Padres and make his debut, you can't get caught up in And Dave Roberts knows this, but you can't get caught up in, Oh man, he's unbelievable or he's pitching so well. No, you have to fight the urge to leave him in. You got to be disciplined with that. It's got to be nope, Nope, he's got sixty pitches at MAC sixty pitches because he might get in trouble and then all of a sudden you go, no, I'm going to take him out. But I think having him back pretty awesome. Mike and Alabama. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Come one of fellas. Thanks for having me on, Thanks for calling me back. I've got a best and bester for you, because there is nothing bad going on in my life, and I'll hope you're saying this for you guys. I am from Alabama calling from Wrigleyville, Chicago, first time ever, Paul, your town is showing out. My best of the weekend happened last Thursday. I'm a wedding photographer and a couple hired me to accompany them from South Alabama to Dyersville, Iowa, where they were married on the Pictures Mound at the Field of Dreams movie sites. Their dependents were ghost players in costume. We got to stay in the house overnight. It was the most amazing experience. You can't imagine one o'clock in the morning, said now, shipping a Field of Dreams Bourbon, looking out at the field, waiting for you know, Terrence man or Rake and Sella to come out of the corn. It was fantastic, book ended by a great I got to see my braves beat the Brewers and Milwaukee first time ever there and then yesterday the cub he's got it done against the pirates on Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Mike, let me go back to the Field of Dreams. What's it cost to rent the Field of Dreams to have a wedding?
Speaker 11: Dan two hundred dollars, You get two hundred. It cost me more to ship my photography gear, and it cost us the rest the facility and we had it to ourselves. There was a little about eight o'clock in between the ceremony and when we got out for night pictures, a little little league baseball team came out to practice for an upcoming game, so the ghost players went up and played with them. It was it was the most One of the ghost players we hired for the shoot was one of the original eight from the movie. He said, there's four still remaining alive, and it was just showing tales and in a place of pure absolute magic.
Speaker 2: But yeah, can you can you send us? Will the wedding party allow you to send me a picture that that we could show in our newsletter of with your permission?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Johnny and Jared, I've already sent you some picks and I identified myself on the subjects the bride. This was her idea, that's how good a woman this man married. This whole thing. They left me to go to Omaha to catch cold World Series, and they went to Boston for Yankees Philly's and then I think Sunday they're finishing up at Camden Yards. But she had Chipper Jones sign of baseball, which she then had cut in half and made into his ring box, which I also sent a picture of when they were actually in the ceremony.
Speaker 2: Damn, if things don't work out between these two, you might want to give me your number here. She seems like a real catch here. I mean, I wish them all but you know, many many years of happiness. But thank you, Mike. It's sounds like an awesome weekend.
Speaker 6: Yes, PAULI, Yeah, I'm on the website right now, and you could either tour the remodeled and fixed up Field of Dreams Home. The can sell a family, or you could rent it by the night. It's three bedrooms, it's a full size house, and I think you could get it as low as six hundred dollars per night for the home.
Speaker 2: M that's a steal. Okay. I still want to go to Iowa. We're still planning on trying to take the show out there. Maybe can we get all of us in the Field of Dreams Home. There's three bedrooms, so obviously I get mine and then the other two bedrooms then be back row front row. Sounds like the early days of the show. Yeah, no, you guys, you and Paul are splitting that bed. Really, that was bad. That was bad. That was that was prior management where we were going on the road and they go, uh, why don't you guys to share a hotel room? And then I didn't know about this, and all of a sudden I was like, oh my god, Now we were struggling. I will say there was there were maybe one year when it was paycheck to paycheck, but still going on the road or going to New York City. Hey, why don't you guys share a hotel room.
Speaker 9: There's a lovely park bench in the area there.
Speaker 2: It's interesting nobody wanted to share a hotel room with Todd, That's true. Maybe just a coincidence there, Mark in Alabama, Hi, Mark, what's on your mind? Hey they're going man, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: I just had a best and the best of the weekend. Oh okay, well first six.
Speaker 13: Nice?
Speaker 12: Well the first best was yu see fight night this past weekend in Atlanta. Mar Ousman, the former champion gets your Name's decision against an up and comer. So it's good to see him get a win after a long break. And my bester is over this past weekend. My wife and I have a fifteen month old daughter and she took her first step on father's Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, congratulations nice big german brought his son in. Jake Jacob came in and the little german taking his baby steps there. He's a big kid. His hands are similar to Marvel right, are shaving. He's got some big hands there. But he was taking his first steps. And that's where they're not sure. You know, how many can I take? And then all of a sudden you start thinking about taking those steps, and then all of a sudden you fall. You're trying to be there to protect him. And my wife's always the let him fall. Ah, They're going to fall enough in their life. At this stage. I can still kind of guide them a little bit. Oh, they'll get back up. They're resilient. David in Vegas, Hi, David, what's on your mind today? Hey Dave?
Speaker 13: Hello, Hey David, Hey, can you hear me on the phone us that my phone did something funny?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 2: No? No, I think it's everything's good, David.
Speaker 13: Okay, Hey, best of the weekend, Worst of the weekend. Yeah, that best was Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: Those are I mean even Steph Curry has to go. Boy, that's deep like those threes and and they are challenging those threes. That's the thing. When she gets over a half court, they're already up on her. They have to be. And when you make shots, and there's ways of making a shot where you go, okay, all right, that one went in. These are damn they're going in. They're swishing, but these are thirty three, thirty five, thirty seven feet away. Yes, Marman off the dribble pull up. Yeah, he's at that. Yeah that is no, no, no, no, good shot.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 9: They don't do that anymore now with her, that's her shot and everyone else.
Speaker 2: Steve Kurr told me that years ago that he got to that point where he never questioned Steph, there were time's going to be like no, no, okay, all right, all right, good shot, all right, good shunt. I don't think you can do that now with Caitlin.
Speaker 13: Uh what else, David, Oh, just you know if she was of just her percentages, she was fifty percent from behind the arc. She wasn't just gutting everything up to get those thirty two points. Also ninery eight rebounds and nine assists helping me cover the eight and a half prop thanks very much, And that was good. But also living umber she that was to beat a nine and oho or previously nine and oh New York Liberty Tea. So it was you know, it was it was a value.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she's the reason why you get eyeballs. She is, she's she's ratings every time she's on the floor. And uh there was one point where Brianna Stewart was guarding her and Stuart's probably got five inches on her and she shot it right in her face and then Stuart even joked with her as they went down the floor. Evan in Maryland, Hi, Evan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 14: First time, long time six feet five Best of the weeknd JJ spawned but not forgotten. After starting the final round five over the first six, the rain delay had him respawn going to under on the back nine and claiming it for his own. After the helter skelter nature of the leaderboard and no trees being on property, they should rename it spawn Ranch.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 9: Yes, ton now just saying spawn and gone in my head trying to see.
Speaker 2: If yeah, that doesn't line up with you, does it?
Speaker 9: I don't think it does. It's time you think it would for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Brian in Wisconsin. Hi, Brian, Hey.
Speaker 12: Morning boss, Good morning you guys sharing this field of dreams house in Iowa.
Speaker 11: You and Fritzy sharing a bed.
Speaker 12: Who's big spoon, who's little food?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm not getting in bed with Fritzy.
Speaker 9: Out so fast?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, sleep in a in a chair on the foord. No, I wouldn't you know what. I would get a tent and I'd go outside. I'd sleep and sleep and would Yes, there's no way I would be in the same room. I have a hard time being in the same room with you here and we're not sleeping.
Speaker 9: That's reasonable, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Todd, Cody and Iowa.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 15: Cody ADP five ten solid A one thirty best of the weekend, the Red Sox.
Speaker 16: Sweeping the Yankees.
Speaker 15: And then obviously the worst hours later trading away another superstar and Rappie Devers.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's a superstar, but Cody, thank you. He has never finished in the top ten and MVP. I mean, let's he's a good player, but you're spending three hundred million dollars. He's supposed to be a good player, and he probably would have been an All Star this year. But I would not label him a superstar. I don't think I think that might be laying it on a little thick. Ryan and Dayton, Hi, Ryan.
Speaker 15: A fella's six foot to twenty. Hey, you're talking about the Field of Dreams experience and my son just played there about two weeks ago. They rented the house for Thursday night, had the entire house to themselves in the field on a Thursday night and got to practice on the field. And the funny part is is they they watched the movie in the house with the box TV and tried to go to bed and didn't realize they actually had to shut out the lights themselves.
Speaker 2: All out on the field. Oh yeah, yep, Okay, it sounds pretty cool though, go out there, stay at the Field of Dreams house. Yes, Todd, And is that one switch or is there a series of twit?
Speaker 9: How does that work? Can you flipped this one thing down and all the lights go? Gotta be a little more complicated.
Speaker 2: I think there might be. It sounds like you might have to go out and do individual light poles there. Let's pull a.
Speaker 9: Plug out of the wall and all.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's one of those where you go you just pull it down and then everything goes out field on field, all'll.
Speaker 9: Be caught it cool or a clapper or something like that can just make it go on enough by clapping.
Speaker 2: How about we do our best and worst of the weekend, Todd, I'll start with you give me your best and worst to the weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, my best of the weekend is as I call it up here, as we have to say. Shay Gildas Alexander, after his big fourth quarter Friday night in Indy leading the Thunder to gave four victory, scored fifteen of Okase's final sixteen points, including eleven in the last three minutes, So that's pretty impressive. Worst with a cut line of plus seven at the US Open. Those unable to reach Saturday included the Shamba, Mickelson, Aberg Clark, Fleetwood, Dustin Johnson, Woodland, can't Lay, Justin Rose, Shane Lowry, Justin Thomas, all not involved in the weekend festivity, Seaton.
Speaker 2: I apologize in advance to you. Dan.
Speaker 4: US men's national team beat Trinidad and Tobago.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 4: Nothing doesn't sound five nil, excuse me, pardon me? Gold Cup started doesn't sound like a big win. However, if you're the US team. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. It's exactly what you want with like the BC team too, which is great. My even more bester though, there's this thing called the Club World Cup that's happening right now. He's got all of these huge teams from all over the World's real Madrid and Manchester City, all these teams. Bayern Munich beat a team from New Zealand this weekend. Ten nothing Auckland City. Yeah, and those dudes when you look into Auckland City, they're all amateur soccer players, so they all have Like the goalkeeper works in like a factory. He's like in like a shipping yard doing like you know, loading boxes and stuff. And he had to take personal time off from work. Some of it is unpaid, and he the quote from him is that it's gonna be a little tough when he gets back there because he's light on money. But the chance to play against teams like Bayern Munich and stuff was just way too good. So he's like, I'll figure out my rent and everything later. It's pretty increased. Even though they got worked, they got absolutely destroyed, but what an experience for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to teach seat in the terminology.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry real yeah, yeah, on the pitch, on the pitch, they were out of classed.
Speaker 2: And thank you for apologizing before you gave us your best double soccer. Yeah, Marvin.
Speaker 17: Best of the weekend, like the caller said earlier, Caitlin Clark, but specifically the three threes in thirty eight seconds. I mean it was just long distance three pointers, easily, all of them at least five feet behind the three point line. Unbelievable. Worst of the weekend. New York Baseball. The Yankees and the Mets each got swept this past weekend.
Speaker 2: No, your East Coast bias showing through here, Marvin, Oh, sorry about that.
Speaker 7: Cowboys up next?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Will Shador Sanders start Dak Prescott's legacy?
Speaker 9: What does Lebron think about this?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I laugh. Look, I know it's programming and and they they actually do research on the things that you want shows to talk about. I just can't do Shdoor Sanders in June or Dax Legacy in June. I can't, but maybe in July. Pauli bested worst of the weekend Friday Night.
Speaker 6: Alex Crusso off the bench for OKC man He's been such a great acquisition twenty points. And here's my other best the weekend. Dan Hicks of NBC, the sportscaster. He's not a household name, he's not very famous. He's been doing great work for a long long time. He makes broadcasts comfortable watches and comfortable listens. Notre Dame golf. He is a fantastic broadcaster and just as a clean job.
Speaker 2: Okay, I really and he doesn't need it, not even the most famous person in his own household his wife, Hannah Storm. And that, by the way, what a yeah, a little combo platter there. Yeah, I'm just calling like I see it.
Speaker 9: What a career.
Speaker 2: Off the court? Yeah, I think I think Hannah Storm just celebrated a birthday.
Speaker 13: I think.
Speaker 2: Years of age of the weekend there. Yeah, okay, how about we take a break. More phone calls coming up. Well, check in with Steve Sands of Golf Channel, who worked with Dan Hicks over the weekend. We'll find out if he thinks Dan Hicks is great broadcaster as well. We asked Steve about that. I can't stand the guy. I want his job. No, he's not any good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Terry Gannon did a wonderful job. I thought NBC did a really good job with the broadcast because it was all day and then the rain delay a lot of the camera work. You know those guys out there where they're Harry and he's lugging these cameras, you know, trudging through all of the you know, the real estate there at Oakmont. All right, Well, take a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: PAULI, what are the odds right now for show? Heyo Tani to win the MV pick.
Speaker 6: As of this morning, he's minus six hundred. So oh, he's a heavy, heavy favorite, and probably more so as he starts pitching. The other contenders for are Pete Crow, Armstrong at the Cubs, Corbyn Carrol, the Diamondbacks, Pedelons are the Mets. They're way back from him. It's even worse in the al Aaron Judge, I can't believe this is a real number. He's minus twenty thousand to win the MVP.
Speaker 2: Who's second cal Rally from the March break up play had a lot of home runs? Yeah, yeah, but it's this is a this may be our future for a few years. Well, well, I'm wondering about Otani. If he hits like he normally hits, and then you have the advantage of playing for a winning organization and you're going to pitch, and let's say he has fifteen starts. Let's say next year everything goes well. This year, let's say he wins seven eight games, like it feels like he is the MVP until otherwise notified because he's going to put up great offensive numbers. They're going to be a winning organization. Now you throw in the pitching and that changes everything because you can put up numbers similar to his, but he's still going to be responsible for pitching as well. Nobody else does this. I mean, it's conceivable he has three or four MVPs when it's all said and done. And now he's in the National League and Aaron Judge in the American League, so they're not going to be competing for those MVPs.
Speaker 6: Yes, Pauline, if you look at it, if he does, even if he has a dip it as a batter and pitches, like you said, eighteen starts a year, there's no way to take advantage of that dip his value. Still, He's got three of the last four MVPs, and a couple of them were without pitching. I mean one of them was without pitching whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's next three years.
Speaker 2: But he put up numbers that are historical, so that's he's not going to put up those numbers while he's pitching. Certainly not stolen bases, but you expect him to hit a lot of home runs. Man, you're going to be playing for a team, you know, in a Pennant race every single year. And Aaron jo I mean, what Aaron Judge is doing is remarkable. To be at that batting average this late in the season and be a power hitter, that's pretty incredible. Uh. Jim in Michigan, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning Dan.
Speaker 2: You know I wanted to get in last week when you instilled the and I had two questions or regarding the gong.
Speaker 11: Yeah, is there a jack a check gong.
Speaker 13: Like you know, a check swing? Do you have that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: When I commit to the gong, I'm I'm gonna go to the gong, I don't go. Oh, I never should have done that. To Todd.
Speaker 11: Of the question do you think the gong has kind of tempered? Todd, you know, thinking like, well, God, do not say that because I make it gone.
Speaker 2: That's for Jim questioning me. He got goned. Yeah, nothing to do with Todd.
Speaker 12: Todd.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I could have goned you in the first hour when you gave me your mock headlines and you can't rhyme spawn jj spawn You had spawn in the USA, but I have a.
Speaker 5: History of having problems with rhyme. So that's that you want to kind of be safe with the with the gong and not use it too much.
Speaker 2: No, but you really screwed that up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, now that I think about it, wasn't very close the rhymes.
Speaker 2: No like spawn and gone yawn.
Speaker 5: I try to give it a little bit of an accent thing to match the headlines that I wanted to use.
Speaker 2: Colton and Pittsburgh. Guy, Colton, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Good morning, Dan, Good morning toes. First time, long time, uh six, appreciate it. My best of the weekend, Dan was Oakmont and the course, and then my even better was just all the corners you gave out of the golfers.
Speaker 15: Really impression what the course did.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you Colton. We'll talk to Steve sans A Gould Channel next hour. How many courses in the world do you tune in to see the course? Like the course plays a role, It's almost like it has this personality on display as well. Because they're not a lot of them. I mean, Pebble Beach, I'd put in there, Augusta certainly, Oakmont, Saint Andrew's. I'm sure there's a couple of them. I'm forgetting, but I think you get what I'm saying here. We tune in sometimes, you know TPC Sawgrass for the seventeenth tee the Island Green. But we'll talk to us. Sans he'll join us next hour. Jordan and Iowa, Hi Jordan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan?
Speaker 14: First time, long time, five eleven one sixty five.
Speaker 12: Got the best of the weekend for you. I had a baby boy on Saturday named Jack.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations about a round of applause for a little Jack, Little Jack, And Iowa, good name.
Speaker 11: The US Open weekend?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, thank you. Jordan can't spell Jordan without da n Just letting you know, letting you know, Todd poll question. We're going to change it up final hour of the program. How do we do this second hour seaton? We're doing great so far.
Speaker 4: Dan Todd's inability to rhyme is deliberate or a funny quirk. Right now, seventy five percent of the audience say it's just a funny.
Speaker 2: Quirk of his. No, No, it's real. It's real. It's and I don't know if it's a funny quirk, but that is real. You have a hard time hearing how to rhyme when we did the fork fork off in the qualk off and sausage off. I mean that was really alarming, and you still didn't hear it, where like Todd, those those two words don't rhyme, and you still didn't get it. I didn't, Yes, Pauline, I disagree, a hair.
Speaker 6: I think Todd's aware that those things he did early this morning don't rhyme, but he's decided to do a bit, and once he makes that decision, he does not let common sense take over.
Speaker 2: Hm, you would never let that hap.
Speaker 5: I wrote some specific headlines that didn't quite match the rhyme, but I'm like, I like those headlines, so I'm gonna wink at the being.
Speaker 9: Off on the run.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a purposeful quirk this particular.
Speaker 5: Time, but in the past, especially the famous one or the infamous one that I really thought I was hearing a different way than the rec of you are.
Speaker 9: And I can't make up a story on that.
Speaker 2: One, Okay. I just want to be all in with you on these things. I never I'm never quite sure.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about going to an ear and nose and throat specialist to see if I problem just the ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't had any of the in a while, so I think you're doing well.
Speaker 9: You know now it's going to happen in the few seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, it's only when you have too many words and you don't have enough of a breath, which is most of the time. That's where you can. Well, you do try to cram in more words per sentence than anybody I know. Yes, Fritzy speaks without punctuation. That's it, no comment enunciation, see punctuation in a nun sense. The rhymed I'll send you guys.
Speaker 5: I'll send you guys notes with no pronunciation or renunciation or grammar.
Speaker 2: You graduated second in your class to six hundred. You are, what does that say for the rest to remind us of that all the time. We barely got through school. You know, I graduated second in my class. Okay, d'uring you high school and high school.
Speaker 9: Just goes to Charlton Street smarts versus academics.
Speaker 2: And you lived with your mom at home with the girlfriend back to the house, opened the door. Cupcakes, final hour on this Monday, after this