Speaker 1: So this is before the show starts. So if we come on and we have a little extra n before the show, we'll hop on. We don't have an intro for this though, where Rey goes, do you want to do one is what we could actually call it. I was thinking about this last night. We had to do something called the pre show, post show post o pre show. We could call this generally if we do this, the pre show slash post show, because you're getting pre before the show starts and then you're getting post after the show ends. And that's a little different because a lot of people will do post show type podcasts and stuff, but I've never heard a sandwich. And I'm not saying we're doing it all the time because we don't always have time to do it. But my goal is to put up as much content as possible, and so this will be the pre show slash post show, as it's labeled on the podcast. I feel fun.
Speaker 2: This is the top one. Oh, or's at the bottom of top? You stop start at the top?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Ray, give me some sort of intro. We'll see if we like it.
Speaker 3: It's the pre show slash No yet, you already have the post show on.
Speaker 1: It's the pre show. Do you need a minute?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean we basically do I want to do? I know it's your Voice's why I didn't give any direction, so I'll let you. I got it.
Speaker 3: It could be okay, eggs and baky timed a wakey. It's the pre show.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with that. That's your voice. If you decide you have another one, a couple you want to try out, let me know. But I like that off the cuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I kind of want to go back to you.
Speaker 5: I think you start with the bottom bun because when you put your burger, you said it on the bottom bun first.
Speaker 1: When you make a sandwich, and when you eat it, your tooth goes into the top bun first.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true.
Speaker 4: I think about you when you're consuming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what people are doing. They're consuming this.
Speaker 2: They're not making it. All right, let's stick with the top.
Speaker 6: That nobody We don't need a bun nobody else.
Speaker 1: It's the top bun. I. Speaking of food, Taco Bell is the quickest fast food drive through for the second year in a row. KFC is second, followed by Arby's, Duncan and Wendy's. This is from in Touch Insight, and so what I'm assuming they do, although it's a crap shoot depending on how well each location is run because they're all individual owners. And I've been to some Taco Bells per awesome, and I've been to some where you can tell they got other things to do, and I think that generally is so hopefully the sample size is large in different states, because I'm telling you, in Arkansas they had no rush. I'll go home, we'll go through a Starbucks, or we'll go through a Taco Bell. It's like island time.
Speaker 2: It is chill.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, I mean, it's like hillbilly time, except it's like island time.
Speaker 4: You're probably checking TikTok.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if they're on TikTok. I don't know what they're doing. But it's weird. It's much slower than if you're in a city where things have to move faster. Because when I go home, I'm not from a big city. I don't even I'm not even from Little Rock and that's not a big but that was the big city to me growing up. It is it is very slow, and sometimes I forget that, like I forget about island time or small town time as always you call it small town time, small town time.
Speaker 7: I wonder if the owners ever like go through the drive through and pertend Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, like I would.
Speaker 7: I mean my family and then my mom, she worked for my sisters in laws. They were all in the restaurant business, and they would do that all the time. Like my dad would go through his drive throughs or the Taco Bell family, like that's who my sister married into, and they would go all the time, and he would see how many sauce packets they would give him, and he'd be.
Speaker 6: Like, this is way too many.
Speaker 1: That's legitimate.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, so like it.
Speaker 7: And then they would make improvements based on what they would see. And then my mom was his assistant, so she would go through and she'd report back, Hey, I went, and then there wasn't enough cheese and my bean burrino got them snitches.
Speaker 1: No oh. One of my friends, like a week and a half ago, was like, Hey, come into town. Where do I need to go eat? And so my wife and I are part owners of a restaurant, just a small piece, and I was like, you should go hear about it and tell them that we were part owner of the restaurant. And so I was like, you should go here. It's great. It's like, what should I order? It's I gave a couple options, a couple of you know, appetizers, and then I checked in with them, how was it, How does the taste? Was it good? So I got a full feedback on hit. He didn't know it was, you know, the place that we own part of. And I took the whole thing and copied it and sent it over to the main person and I was like, hey, your people did pretty good.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's good.
Speaker 1: Like it it was good. Well, you can't always base it on somebody's taste preferences, because I was like, if you like blue cheese, this is really good. If you don't. But I didn't even like give him a discount anything because I didn't want him to know it was I was using them for my own personal So, yeah, we undercover boss a little bit there on that one. A two year old is briefly trapped inside of an Amazon locker.
Speaker 2: What's the locker?
Speaker 1: I think an Amazon locker. I've seen these.
Speaker 6: Like it whole foods.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen that outside the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can like they put it in it and then you go to it and you like type of code in and get something out, right, right, isn't that right?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: So, and you don't own the locker it's just there. It almost is like one of those red boxes outside of a gas or yeah, a gas station, but it's not outside of a gas station that I've seen. I don't even know where I've seen them, Yeah, Mabe said, Whole foods.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's a lot.
Speaker 7: It's there's there's a food place around the street too that does that. Like you order and then you go and they give you a locker box, and then you put the check on your phone and it says like you know, locker five and you go.
Speaker 6: It's like the future. It's so weird.
Speaker 7: It's weird actually. But they have this Haitian dish that my kids love. They have all different types of cuisine you can choose from. But you open up locker five and there's your Haitian dish. And I don't even know where it came from because there's no you don't see people. It's like a ghost kitchen or something probably from the back, huh it is, But you don't ever see them.
Speaker 6: You just see all these lockers.
Speaker 2: Of the locker has a hole and they just put that in there.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't know that sounds hole, but it's not what I was thinking that sounds. But I would imagine the Amazon is not like what they do is they open the front of it, put it in and you're here, but what the that's starting? But you're saying it's in the like connected to the restaurant and they can put it in through the back. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, it's just a building.
Speaker 7: And I think there's a kitchen in the back somewhere.
Speaker 1: And you know that food is good when it's shady, it's good. It's not always the cleanest.
Speaker 7: But do you want Italian? Do you want Haitian? Do you want Indian? Do you want Chinese?
Speaker 1: That's something that sounds like the Cheesecake Factory menu. Yeah, all around the world. I don't know that. I like that. I like specialization. When it comes to up they.
Speaker 7: Have it down like my kids are. They love a legit Haitian meal. And the thing is, I was like, I wish I could tell you who cooked it, where we could get it again.
Speaker 6: I guess I just got to go to locker. I've already ordered it from on the on the phone.
Speaker 7: When you get there, there's like a pad you can type it in. It reminds me of an episode of Black Mirror or something where I feel like I'm I don't know, something's weird about to happen, but it's very futuristic.
Speaker 1: But anyway, can that's around here? Yeah, I want to tell you a story in a second about international food. But let me tell you this story first.
Speaker 6: The kid in the locker.
Speaker 1: A two year old child was briefly trapped inside of Amazon locker. It must have been one of the big ones because there are also like little slide out ones you can't get in. But she's two. At around four forty pm nine to one receiver reports but a child trapped inside of an Amazon locker. The spokesperson for the Seattle Police departments of the two year old was playing with a sibling when he actually got stuck inside the locker. It must have been open, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they must have got the package out and my mom's looking at the package.
Speaker 4: Kid jumps in.
Speaker 1: Unless somebody got their package on, I just didn't shut it all the way.
Speaker 2: Right then, You don't know the code of that locker. Oh, so they're stuck.
Speaker 1: At this time. It's not clear how the child escaped the locker, but Amazon noted the lockers have high visible levers inside, which allow them to be open from the inside. Yeah, explain that to a two year old, though there's a highly visible lever. Mom too. Oh hey, Mike, will you look up. I was listening to a story Wry about Thailand and Thai food and how back and maybe the seventies or eighties. In order to push along the appeal of Thailand Thai, the Thai government paid a lot of people that lived in Thailand to move all over America and start Thai restaurants.
Speaker 2: Really, I love Tai.
Speaker 1: It is so good because it kind of came out of nowhere. It was like Chinese food, Chinese food, sushi, sushi, sushi Thai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, wow, I kind.
Speaker 1: Of like Thai food. Didn't even know because Thai to me feels very stir fry. I don't know if that's true or not. That's why I fell in my head when it's like Thai food, and I'm sure there are a lot of different versions of it.
Speaker 2: Thai chili sauce, sauce.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't even know if that story was made up. That's why I'm asking Mike to fact check it. But I feel like at some point the Thai government paid people to leave Thailand to go and start these restaurants in order to actually create a positive look sure for Thailand the country, so people will then go there. And thousand and two, Dane, this is what a year. We know, two thousand two feel like yesterday.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, this wasn't yesterday.
Speaker 6: We were in college.
Speaker 2: It was a long time, I know.
Speaker 1: But when you just read two thousand and two, I'm like that just.
Speaker 7: Right, because I think you when you told the story, did you say the seventies.
Speaker 1: I thought it was that far back.
Speaker 2: It feels that far back.
Speaker 1: Maybe I didn't hear the year ever in the story, and I just thought it was that far back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But in two thousand and two, the Thai government launched the Global Tie Program, a diplomatic initiative with the aim of increasing the number of Thai restaurants worldwide. The state provided training programs, grants, and information to TI investors who wanted to open restaurants abroad, so they basically invested a bunch of money and gave people money the grants to move here to help them open up Thai restaurants. That is genius, crazy and it works. And like long game, like Macro, you got to get in, you got to move somewhere, you got to set up a restaurant. It's got to be successful. And you're only in Toledo, so that you only got eleven people that are coming to Thailand now, but like all over America and like build out that culture. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But the goal was to get people to go to Thailand just.
Speaker 1: To have an awareness of Thailand. That worked, and then get people to go to Thailand.
Speaker 2: That didn't work.
Speaker 6: Well, No, maybe I don't think that.
Speaker 1: All of these like travel sites yeah Thailand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you go out to eat, like at a Thai restaurant and you're like, what should.
Speaker 6: Our next vacation be? And then you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's never happened with us. But I think.
Speaker 2: Like this didn't work well yeah, because like I haven't known anyone that's been to Thailand. I've never thought about.
Speaker 6: Go to Mexico, right, but I love their food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys lived near Mexico, so that was normal.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Thailand? I want, she said, Mexico.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying like I also, yeah, I mean, I guess when I'm eating Italian food, you.
Speaker 2: Want to go to Italy?
Speaker 1: To go to Italy? Bangkok? That's Thailand. It's Thailand, it's capital. There's a talent called pa. Don't let's watch say p h u k e t mm hmm. I'm going to say probably like foquet, but it would be easy to not say it like that.
Speaker 2: I think there's a restaurant.
Speaker 4: There's a restaurant here called Typhoo.
Speaker 1: It's called pouquette.
Speaker 4: But here I al we say, yeah, I thought you might, you.
Speaker 1: Know so, And one of the Google searches how to tie people say that word, which I guess is pouquet. But yeah, Thailand, Oh yeah, I never been. I wonder what the flight is the Thailand. It's got to be like twenty hours.
Speaker 2: Where is Thailand?
Speaker 7: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Asia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like is it above Australia like that far Asia?
Speaker 1: I think it's probably on the oh. I think I think you probably go the opposite way to get there. But it's close. I mean a lot of Yeah, it's the long way, like that's what I've been A'll show you that's about what that flight was.
Speaker 4: And it only cost US fourteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you want to go to Bangkok thirteen ninety four. Oh, I was into ty food yesterday. I thought, man, I'd love to go to Bangkok.
Speaker 2: So you booked it.
Speaker 4: Oh, the cheapest month to fly to Thailand.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to figure out where this is. So Australia happens, and then up into the left on a map seems to be Thailand. Am I correct on that? Mic? So I wonder if you could go if you're in New York, if you go the other way around.
Speaker 2: It's probably closer going the West Coast way.
Speaker 1: It is if you're on the West coast. But I wonder if you go east coast, if you could just go that way, you gotta fly over like Africa and all that.
Speaker 2: I guess that seems further it is. I mean on the map where it seems like it's not bad. I think, like in real I'll touch my fingers do to get there right exactly? I can do it all the way there. A fake Amazon driver's swapping packages. Excuse me, swiping packages in Virginia, that'd be a pretty easy thing to pull off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a white.
Speaker 2: Van easy, one of those best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of those best that you can buy for ten bucks. Yeah, you could actually just get a normal car and do it, but that would seem a little shadier because even when it's a real Amazon person in a normal car or it feels shady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just put your hazard lights on. Then you're just like, oh, Sam's exactly.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. But if you can commit to the white van, that really is next level, not like a.
Speaker 6: Work truck, white van like a little I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it matters.
Speaker 2: If there's a white van pulls up, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do whatever you want. You must be what you say you are. Because you're in a white van. You've committed to a white van.
Speaker 2: Amy's right, though, not one of those like old school white vans.
Speaker 6: I got candy in the back tinted window.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter to me if it's in a white van. You do whatever you want. That's basically a license to come and do whatever you'd like to do. That is your all access passage.
Speaker 2: It's worth it to like white packages though, like what's what? What are you going to get a good one?
Speaker 1: I think the odds are if you get a bunch of them, some of them are going to be good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You gotta think how many packages Amazon delivers in a neighborhood per day. If you just drive through and get fifty packages, one of those is going to be a gold mine.
Speaker 1: Or even you don't even need it. I don't think it's a goal mine yet. You have if you just need a bunch of like Coppert.
Speaker 2: Like, the last ten packages I got in my house were like notebooks, uh, card sleeves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could sell that stuff, okay bay? Oh like a palette? Well, I say like a palette, but I would say like you could sell it individually. What's the last thing you got from Amazon? Look at your hand? Do you guys have it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I already know curtain runs.
Speaker 1: Curtain rods.
Speaker 2: See, like, what are you gonna do with that?
Speaker 1: Sell it on eBay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But then think, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Ordered the wrong size, so actually I'm gonna return.
Speaker 1: So let me see my last orders here.
Speaker 2: You want our orders or my wife's orders whatever you have up on your deal? Last one? Oh, I didn't know we got that.
Speaker 1: Eddie finds out it's a basketball hoop. What do you mean like the rim?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the thing that it's the whole thing. I guess, yeah, I guess we're getting a basketball hoop in the backyard.
Speaker 1: I have a baseball like case that you put like, I don't know what you call display baseball card for a baseball Oh, Mickey Manto baseball. So I got a couple of them, which one I like? So I ordered that. I have a I Love Toby t shirt that I wore at the Oklahoma game.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I have a obs obbs bought tiny two light four K webcam. I bought two of these. I don't wannd sharing the story. There's somebody that does a morning show. They're actually on at the same time against us in a city that we're on. But I'm I really like the guy and their company doesn't pay for them to have webcams or anything. And I was talking with and I was like, you guys don't even have the ability to webcam, like to strain your show or create content. He's like, now, they're don't pay for any of that. So I bought multiple cameras and a switcher and meld it to them what and I was, what, wait for the competitor.
Speaker 4: You mailed the competitor devices to make them better.
Speaker 1: I mailed a person that's on at the same time as us, help so they can actually do a better show.
Speaker 2: That that's like, let's like say like you're you're the Dallas Cowboys and you're playing the Chiefs and the Chiefs don't have like good helmets or you're like, hey, I'm gonna buy your helmets so we can.
Speaker 5: They don't have a they don't have a good wide receiver, so hey, man, you can have our wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: I think looking at other radio shows as like competition is kind of failing at understanding what media even is these days. And so I was just like, hey, they do a good show. I just like them to do a show and have the ability to share it and keep a long career. Me. I don't feel like I'm competing with other shows. I feel like I'm competing with the world and we're doing our show on the radio, but on podcasts and on YouTube and on social and you know, my goal is hopefully at some point during someone's day they find fifteen to twenty minutes to consume something of what we're doing. So if one element of that is the live show, and someone happens to go, man, they do great videos, I'll listen to them over the Bollybunch show. Well then we weren't doing the show good enough anyway. Yeah, so yeah, but I bought some of those cameras and send it to the show so they could build their own.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man.
Speaker 1: Well but I'm also not going to say who they are right.
Speaker 2: Now, right right, No one needs to know that.
Speaker 1: But I bout that, and I bought some cars, some top loaders, somewhat top loaders. For cards. Do you get your cards, by the way, your basketball?
Speaker 4: Yeah them?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you got a crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just got a bunch of the same card.
Speaker 1: You didn't get that one?
Speaker 4: No autograph? Autograph?
Speaker 1: Right? You got yours? Or no? Yeah, I got online.
Speaker 3: That was a confusing thing though The cards looked the exact same as ones that were autographed, So it's really a jump scare.
Speaker 1: You think you won, but then that's not true. You don't have the white one with the triple. It wasn't white.
Speaker 3: I have Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and the other third lebron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's on a blue with straight lines in the middle. The triple auto is on white.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just missing the autographs. You don't have a white one, right, Yeah, but it's a whole different card. You're saying it looks like it doesn't. The cards are two different collogs.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what even the card looked like. I just bought them because you said it. So I just opened up. I was like, oh, and I went through. I was like, I was like, what if it's in the middle and it Wasn't.
Speaker 1: It all the same? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But my last purchase was a buckle Bee easy car seat buckle release for children.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: And I bought some water shoes the adults.
Speaker 5: Yeah, water shoes for two ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Or like the poll for you.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to on vacation and we were going to go in a gross pool like algae, and they said you need water shoes.
Speaker 4: So two ninety nine warre them threw them in the trash.
Speaker 2: The hotel had a gross pool.
Speaker 4: No no, no, it was out in nature.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: My freshman year of the dorm, they were like, you need water shoes. Shower in the dorm. Yeah, And so I wore them for like two days and then I just got lazy and then no, never got foot fungused.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: I think it was just precautionary. Hey, Ray, being from Michigan, were you a Tom Brady guy.
Speaker 3: No, I just went to high school in Michigan, so I'm not any Michigan sports. And my dad went to Michigan State, so I am I'm more state than Michigan.
Speaker 1: But you claim to be from Michigan.
Speaker 3: It was just the easiest to say because when I went to college, I'm from Michigan. But then when I was came here, I said I was from Texas because I went to college in Texas. So when you're in high school, where you say you're from Wyoming because I went to elementary and middle school in Wyoming. I've never associated Ray with Wyoming, and it feels like that's more of who he is than Michigan.
Speaker 4: But no, high school is more defining.
Speaker 1: But I kind of was on the border. But it's like the years. How many years in Michigan versus how many years in Wyoming.
Speaker 3: Wyoming was fourteen years the skin I was there for three, baby, I think that's the differently Wyoming.
Speaker 2: He was born in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: I was spent fourteen years was life there?
Speaker 2: Where were you born?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a long story, but I was born. It can't be a long story. Where were you born?
Speaker 3: I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, because I was a twin and it was an emergency thing, so we took a life flight to Utah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get to this, and yes we're about to be down with the pre but you were living in show. I want to start with this in post show and we come back. But you're not a Tom Brady guy. You've been watching him do our commentary. Yeah he's bad. I think he's gotten better.
Speaker 3: I made it through one, but I haven't watched since are What are your thoughts? He's just the way that he structures words. He's just really slow. The one time he was great is when he ripped on Baker Mayfield because he was kind of being himself. I just feel like in his head, he's really just trying to be bland and fake, and that's not great for broadcasting. If he was kind of his edgy self how he talks to his friends, he would be a better podcaster.
Speaker 1: He kind of has a nerdy voice. I have a nerdy voice, but he kind of has a nerdy voice, and if you don't see him, you use here the voice kind of chune like Tom Brady.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, don't you think he has weird pauses?
Speaker 1: I think he's not natural because he hasn't done it ever. Okay, and I do think he's getting a lot better. He's in four games now, yeah, and like two or three of them were Cowboys games. Yes, week one was a disaster.
Speaker 3: But you can overcome a weird voice because if you think about Romo, oh no, Jim made he's playing. It's a weird voice, but he's phenomenal. So explain that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Romo blew up because he was the first guy to like put his butt out there and predict plays. I bet they're going to do this, and then he was pretty accurate. Then people start to get annoyed with it. Yeah, Like, no, you're only annoyed because he's so good at it.
Speaker 4: He started getting it wrong a lot.
Speaker 1: Well that's what happens.
Speaker 2: You think you think broadcasters can just be themselves, not to an extent though, right, You can't just say whatever you want like.
Speaker 5: Tom Brady did against Baker Mayfield. I mean he let it rip and that was awesome.
Speaker 1: We'll jump back in on this. So we got to go do the show now. Oh yeah, this isn't the show. That is the pre show. We're done, Red. Do you want to end this with some kind of voice over and say well we'll be back or something. Just play music and say I don't come off, go off the cuff, Tom Brady. The end done, So finito. That was the pre show and something about the post shows coming in back co soon, post it, Postmate, postcard, the post show. Okay, after this break, interesting, thank you, it's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 3: Here's your host, Bobby the Bones.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how long that podcast commercial break was, but it could have been three minutes. I'm not sure, but for us it was hours. So it's been hours since we've been on. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That is crazy how that works.
Speaker 1: So now it's after this show. We've now finished this show. So a couple notes that I made to go back to. He says where Ray's from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where was he born?
Speaker 1: That's right, he's born in Salt Lake City. We didn't know any of this, by the way, I knew he had spent a brief period of time. I'm in Wyoming, but I didn't know it was most of his life because he's always been Ray from Michigan, the Mitten from the North, like the Thumb and the Mitten or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, the actually the above the Thumb and the Minton Classic.
Speaker 1: It's not even the Minton. So why would you not be Ray from Wyoming if there were fourteen years of your life? It's been there.
Speaker 3: Honestly, when I lived in Wyoming, it wasn't cool. Now Yellowstone, Lady Wilson. Everybody goes to Wyoming. Man, are they stoner's or surfers?
Speaker 1: It's the cool thing.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, it was the most loser state of the fifty and so I tried to avoid that. I would even tell people when I moved to Michigan, I'd say, oh, yeah, I'm from Colorado.
Speaker 1: I definitely wouldn't think it was a loser state. But it wasn't as trendy. I'd say, it wasn't as trendy. Can not people like rich people from la go and buy places in Wyoming and Montana. And it's funny too, when people do you think Arkansas, I'm like, who cares, oh, like, I don't know, I'm not going to use Arkansas and nobody from there.
Speaker 2: Like you are from where you're from. I agree, no matter what state it.
Speaker 1: Is, well, it got to be real.
Speaker 2: It was up.
Speaker 3: Michigan was a step up, so that was actually pretty cool to say Michigan. But then when I was in Texas and I moved here, it was actually awesome to say Texas and my wife would go, well, he's not from Texas, He's from Michigan, and that kind of seemed like a step down. Texas was probably the coolest place I was able to say I was from. I'll be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, Austin, Texas. Yeah, you're in my head, Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: What if you were from Plano, Odessa, mid like Dallas doesn't feel as cool as Austin Dallas.
Speaker 3: You would say a more wealthy area because I had friends there and they'd always say, oh yeah East Plano, Man, which was like.
Speaker 1: The colony, but not all of Dallas's. Yeah McKinney, dude, I hear you. It's just weird that we have known you for I don't know what year do we mean if you had a guess we met in two thousand and nine. Okay, so you're looking at fifteen years and not once. It's Ray been like, I'm really from Wyoming, right, because people choose to share what they wanted. He thought like he did a tour stop there, like he was on tour and did a weekend in Wyoming.
Speaker 4: Question why why did he leave Wyoming?
Speaker 3: My dad I was a kid, so I was unemployed, but my dad's employment took him to Michigan, whereas most kids are fully employed.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he was a lumberjat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the lumber mill took his to Michigan. Yeah, So is right now from Wyoming?
Speaker 4: Or do we is?
Speaker 1: I just don't know where. Like at my core, I am with Ray and boy's from His name's not Ray Mundo, he's not Hispanic, Mexican Latin, he's nothing.
Speaker 4: So it fits that he's from Michigan if he's Ray Mundo from Michigan. So none of it is actually accurate.
Speaker 2: I mean, do we really know who this guy is? No, we don't, dude, I'll never forget the day I met him.
Speaker 1: You ever see catch me if you can. I think we're dealing with one of those Tell me about your day of meeting Ray.
Speaker 2: I went to your house. You're having some people over, we're grilling, and Ray shows up with his buddy South Beach, and I was like, who They're both in muffled muffle. They're both in muscle shirts Wife Peter shirts, like muscle tight tight muscle shirts and like board shorts and they're like bodybuilders, super Tan. I'm like, who are these bros? Ray Man?
Speaker 1: Ray? When he started the show, the most hated personality in the history of the show, in like a villain wrestling type way. People weren't changing the station because they hated Ray. People were enthralled by him and the stupid thing because he was a bros. Broce got older, he's gotten married. He's actually a really smart guy. But he had his callar popped and he had the choker necklace on hat backwards and was just so I don't want to say, confident, like super Tan, and people hated him.
Speaker 2: And he'd call you pimp, like that's how he's like still does does he still do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I was just I was in love from his love at first sight. I guess I met Ray though he was an intern for the sports station and it was like thirteen lunch Worts station thirty hundred BU thirteen hundred Zone thirteen Zone AM station on Austin. And they had asked me to do like is it Christmas or Thanksgiving? Right Christmas time? They were like to do some sports like yeah, sure, and I was like, gonna have a produce, don't have anything, and I don't think they've even paid me. And so ray was worked Scoob okay, Scooba, just walk in and go, oh my god, yeah, hold on, let me finish the story. I'm coming to you. Tell you I'm pretty Hold that emotion. Hold that emotion. Anyway, I was like Raybo producer, say yes, and then all of a sudden we worked together, and then he came outs an interurn in wildly. Then what are you mad at? Who can you say?
Speaker 8: I want to curse because I can't get it out without cursing.
Speaker 1: But what, okay, you give me an idea of what just happened.
Speaker 8: So an idea of what just happened. It's been happening for a few weeks. And I raised my hand that there was a problem. And then people are saying there isn't a problem with technology. With technology, okay, it's a lot of inside baseball, but.
Speaker 1: This is the perfect place for it.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me try to catch my breath here because I'm irate and I want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard you walk in without you knowing you go, oh my god, I just slammed your stuff down.
Speaker 8: So I don't like being called an idiot or a liar when I'm not. So here's what happened. We've switched over our Most of our stations now are in this new program called sound Plus, which is a pretty good program, but it's not fully ready to be rolled out yet. They're forcing it upon people to roll out when it's not ready. Our old system is next gen also has its problems, but for the most.
Speaker 1: Part works explain what a system is like what are we using the system for.
Speaker 8: So use the system to play our commercials, to play.
Speaker 1: The songs the computer program orputer.
Speaker 8: Program basically, and it sends out our audio to all the affiliates our stations that take the show. And this is a little insider for people who are listening. Whenever it's a problem with the show and there's dead air or something wrong, it's not us, it's the program, and no one's jumping on it.
Speaker 1: It's the computer program. Exactly. Yeah, is it the local affiliate or is it Well.
Speaker 8: In this situation, it's the whole program, which affects anyone on Sound Plus, which is like one hundred plus markets. So I can only monitor what's happening here in Nashville on WSIX, the Big ninety eight, ninety seven point nine, and so what I hear there, I'm like, oh, this is a problem, and it probably is blanketed across all of Sound Plus stations. The most recent problem that we're dealing with right now is we have a delay on radio for if any cursing or whatever. It's about a standard forty second delay. I've noticed since we switched six, the local station in Nashville, that there's a longer delay. And Raven was like, hey, man, there's a long delay. And I was like, I don't don't. Yeah, I heard it too, and I was like, okay, let me keep listening to it.
Speaker 1: And I noticed, for example, I walked to the hall which the speaker is coming over you can hear it, and there it was yesterday's show.
Speaker 7: I went, yeah, I went to the bathroom and I'm like, wait, what we set like? When I went to the bathroom, I was like we said that five minutes ago, just got.
Speaker 8: But the problem with that is, let's say it makes you look stupid, Bobby. So let's say, for example, you say, hey, Luke, Brian's on tomorrow six twenty, but if you go to punch in a six twenty, it's commercials because there's a four minute delay and you wait around six twenty one and most people are gonna punch out, and then we lose that credit because they thought he's gonna be on six twenty and they think they think, oh, we miss it or whatever, but in reality, there's a four minute delay now. And so I called it out and they're like, no, there's no there's no four minute delay or whatever you're saying, and I was like, no, there definitely is. Like here's all the instances that I've seen it, and here's the timeframe of where we started the break, and then when the audience hears the break.
Speaker 1: And so you feel like they're telling you that you're stupid because you're wrong, or are they telling you they don't think you're right, and you're interpreting that as they're telling me I'm stupid even though they're not.
Speaker 8: So what they've said was, here's the delays that we're capturing, which are the standard forty to fifty seconds or whatever. Where you getting the name information from? And someone said, not from engineering, it's from the Bobby Bone Show. Like that's not coming from us, we can't confirm that. And I'm like, well, now you're calling me an idiot because you're telling you should have my back and know that this is a problem.
Speaker 2: Also listen to the station, you'll hear it.
Speaker 8: So then I'm like, all right, now, I'm gonna be a petty little bitch and I'm going to work and I'm going to record a video showing when Bobby starts the break here.
Speaker 1: In the studio called receipts.
Speaker 8: Then I have to walk out to the hallway and hold my phone up to the speaker and show that Billy Zimmerman song just started Bailey, where Bobby had actually already came out of Billy Zimmerman and started his content. So I have to stand there like an idiot for three minutes showing the difference in time of when you start to when the actual content starts for the listener, which throws off teases, it throws off quarter hours.
Speaker 1: Did you tell them that you send in the video. I have a couple of questions here, Yeah, because you're getting pretty rolled up, and the danger of you getting riled up is eventually I get really riled up, and that's bad for all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I try not to tell you about it. Weeks you caught me coming in all pissed off, so I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: So, did you send them that video? Yes? I did?
Speaker 8: And then within that video there was also ten seconds of dead air. Wow, So I'm like, not only does the song goes, this is where it ends? And it literally ended. It was dead air for like ten seconds.
Speaker 1: We just went home. Yeah, we just go home and it's dead air the whole time.
Speaker 8: But what happened was it didn't click back into the local system to play their top of hours and then click into you, So then you have ten seconds of dead air. My biggest worry is, because I can't monitor all one hundred plus sound plus stations, is this is happening all across the floor.
Speaker 1: And it is, And it's one of my biggest issues. If somebody comes to me, and I'm gonna be very vague because there are certain things you can and can't say. If somebody comes and goes hey, And I'll use Greensborough as an example because it's not an example. In Greensboro, the performance isn't what the performance used to be. And I'm like, if I go into my DMS, I've got eleven people in Greensboro going, you had dead air for four minutes. I'm like, how is the expectation for us to continue to perform at a high level. By the way, this is not a Greensborough problem. I'd like to say that, yeah, it's an example. Yeah, but what's the expectation of us to perform at a level that we expect of ourselves and you expect of us if we don't have the resources to actually allow us to perform. It's like going, hey man, we need to be a better outfielder. But he's like, you didn't give me a glove, but you should just try to use your bare hand then and try to do the best you can and also be an All star because we're paying you to be a center fielder. I don't have a glove, so that is what really bothers me. And sometimes I just have to let that go. But you don't let it go. No, no, no, I can't. You can't let it go.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not going to because it now it's frustrating because now you told me that it isn't your word, it's my word, so you're telling me my word is crap, and that's bull crap.
Speaker 1: Well, also they're yeah, okay, a couple things I want to say. If all your therapist and you were telling me this in therapy, this is why i'd say, First of all, not everybody thinks you're an idiot because they disagree with you. I think you have it and I have the same similar issues where I feel like people are looking at me in a lesser way because there's a disagreement, or maybe they're covering their butts and they're just protecting themselves. But I take that and interpret that as I think that I am the more on I don't think people think you're an idiot. I think, if anything, they know you're not an idiot, and they're just trying to cover their butts, or they just disagree with you. But I don't think anybody thinks you're an idiot. Like you, you are so well respected and trusted and valued not just by me, obviously by me, but in the company that I don't think anybody thinks you're an idiot, okay, So.
Speaker 8: I vitalize it, and I always look at I care most importantly about the integrity of the brand and the brand of our show and the company.
Speaker 1: And that's why I love about you. I do. I I don't want you to take that, to take it personal, because it's very hard not to obviously. Oh yeah, but like I love the Four Agreements, and you can read that book in forty five minutes. I'm going to get it for you. And even if listen, there are seasons of years where I don't look at a single written word because I'm read out. I've probably read like thirteen books so far this year. It's October. That's a little blow average for me, I think. But I like the last thirty months haven't even looked at it. I won't even look at a piece of paper with the word on, etcetera. I'm not in that season. But even if you don't read, this is a perfect book for you in this situation, because there's a whole thing on it. It's a very very small book, there's a whole thing on it on don't take anything personal in business. Yeah, And that's what this is. They don't hate you, They don't respect you less a little bit. They're probably just covering for themselves and they have to do this in order so they don't, you know, look bad loser, job la la lah Well.
Speaker 8: And the program that they're switching us to isn't even fully ready to go yet, so that's another problem.
Speaker 1: They keet forcing it upon us. Yes, but that is not a personal thing toward you. That is something we will figure out. And it's okay to be upset, but don't take it personally because you'll have a heart attack. I'm watching you right now and your head might explode. And it's because you think people might call you an idiot or might think nobody thinks less of you. I'm telling you, nobody thinks less.
Speaker 8: And then in that moment as I walk in, I listen to the feed here, I'm not saying you're wrong, you're right, and the commercial break doesn't hit, So then we have that stupid bed playing for four minutes. So now they're missing revenue and there's a lot of technology and they think that's Ray and they think that Bobby and they're like, oh, you guys know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: No, we don't. We do know what we're doing. We get blamed for a lot of things. That's part of the nature of the job. We we're here, we get blamed for it. There are markets that are like, the show doesn't do well for us because whatever da da da, And I'm like, well, you've missc complexe s, pot blocks, have been committing dead air. There's not a it's not your fault market that there's not a board op to make sure things stay. It's not. You just have to do the best job that you can do. You can get upset by it, but there's only a level because you can't control it. You can try to influence it, but you can't control it.
Speaker 6: So if the.
Speaker 7: Goal is for every show or every station in the company to do well, why are they rolling out a program that's not ready Because.
Speaker 8: That's what we do here.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the answer. Culture is take a breath. Okay, take a breath. If you were to ask someone who's making the decision to roll out the program.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I would say, I know you want us to do well, So why do you.
Speaker 1: Think they're rolling the program out?
Speaker 8: I think so the program because I've used it when I was doing iheard nineties. It functions amazingly, especially on the back end. For someone like Ray loading audio, it's literally literally a drag and drop. Now he has to do like four or five steps to load a piece of audio. Where there's a lot of great benefits to this, and you can also use it from home. You can be on your laptop and record a show from your So there's a lot of great things for it. It's just not fully ready to roll out, so good respond, don't react.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think you would have liked what you said there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: Macro. I think the program is better, much better. Micro. There are still some bugs in it at the level that we needed, and sometimes we can't discover those bugs until we use it ourselves. That makes sense, and it takes people like Scuba Togo. It's not working, so then those bugs are then so but until they don't work, they can't squash the bugs. I would encourage you to continue to monitor because without your eyes and ears, we'll be in a load of trouble because I can't do it. I can't monitor all this stuff, so I need you to do that. What I want from you, though, is not to take everything so personal. Yeah, because it's nothing personal towards you. I struggled with that for a long time, and I still do at times take things very personal that are not personal to me. I got into it and Eddie was with me while was happening. I'll get and I'll be very generic about this. I got into an email situation and Eddie and I were working out. It was like three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: You're working out checking your work email.
Speaker 1: It started like two fifty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was right before we sat.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, and I was like, hold on, gus.
Speaker 2: And it was kind of energy to work out even harder.
Speaker 1: I was so fired up because in essence, there was an executive in the company questioning my work ethic.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, exactly it.
Speaker 6: And it ended up on an emails you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because somebody else forwarded it to me and I didn't. I don't And maybe they did, I don't know, I don't know. Maybe they didn't think I would take it weird. Maybe they didn't mean to keep put that part in there. And it was it was now time for reply all meltdown, and I was like, hey, you can say a lot of things about me at times. Do I come off do I come a little strong because I feel like I can be overly dedicated, or I feel like I'm absolutely right, or I feel like I have to feel like i'm asolute right or nothing's gonna happen. Absolutely yes, sure, but never question my work ethic. And I replied back when I said something, I don't regret saying it. I regret that I felt like I had to say it. I don't even want to say what it was because it's not a good look for me. But I do so hot. But basically, basically I was just like, I bet you I do more working.
Speaker 6: Ok.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe you scoop. It was on how many people? I don't know, but I I was. I was so pissed so you called out, But I felt like I felt like it was a personal shot at me, because that wasn't you're not monitoring this program? Right? That was, Hey, this is why can't he do this? And basically the thing was we're all working hard, why isn't he? And I'm like, yeah, I'm like, you're out of your mind. You're out of your mind, like you want to play the work hard game. And I think people the work hard don't have to claim they work hard, right, you don't. I don't come on this show and be like I work harder than everybody. You know what, I work harder than everybody. And mostly it's fear based, and it's insecurity based, no doubt about it. But I was really triggered. And I'm just given Eddy played by play of the emails, I'm sure, and I'm like, I'm I was so bissed.
Speaker 7: So mentioning fear and I wonder whoever it was or whatever was said.
Speaker 1: I saw them in Vegas. I'm pretty sure they were there? Were they there?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: He was? I saw him walking, walking right by him, and I liked it. I've had good I've had a good relationship with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean too. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: And he or she to see that, it's a I know, and to see that, I was like f him.
Speaker 7: I know, Well, I just wonder if there's something going on in his life or with his positions where he has fear. And then he responded, God responded, Actually he reacted and didn't respond, and the reaction.
Speaker 8: He's in a very high stress position.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the world that we live in and this is how I ha to justify to myself because I'm still pissed about that specific comment. You can say I don't talk round. You can say I do a bad show. You can say I hire all you guys, and that was dumb all that's not true. But we have a different way that we do our show. Meaning it's not like we all come from some broadcasting background. Let's be honest, and at times the show doesn't sound good. That doesn't mean the show is not good, but at times the show doesn't sound good because we aren't people that are paid to be professional sounding. But you cannot sound good and also be wildly compelling. And I think we most of the time fit that second. I don't sound good. I talk fast, my accent's a little thick sometimes. Anyway, I don't need to get on that. I was pissed. But the nature of this environment now is any media whatsoever, it doesn't matter what it is. It's a struggle to make money and stay afloat in general, and the pressure is on everybody, and the pressure is at the top and it goes all the way down. And my justification when I thought he's not a bad guy was I'm sure he was stressed from up and there's a pressure on him to perform at a certain point and he's trying to get the most out of everybody. That comment hurt me because that is not how I view myself, and I would think that's not how most people view me.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So I was very offended by that, and I replied and I reacted, and I didn't respond. It was written, it was right. And then I was just showing Eddie and I was like, look at this. I'm so pissed. And I wanted Eddie to be like, hey man, it's all good, don't worry about it, like he doesn't mean that, and he was like, no, dude, give it to him. Give them the left, give them the right.
Speaker 7: I mean, because I'm like, well, how does like not taking anything personally in business, because this feels a little bit different, Like there can be a business decision, but this was like a personal job at.
Speaker 6: Yours about me, specifically your work ethic and my ethnicity.
Speaker 1: Now I'm kidding, but Scubas. Thing wasn't about him, was my point. It wasn't about you as a person or you as a worker trying to take it personally. I'm gonna give this little book and I'm going to make you read it. You'll enjoy it and it's quick.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, we did a lot of that. Keep hey, keep up a good fight though. It shows you care.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: When you sent whatever you said, it was like three of them back. Okay, but did you Is there a reply?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 1: Like? Oh that's not one Yeah, one person sent me just to me. Yeah, there were replies. I'll keep those.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is just their replies.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've forgot all about it and it doesn't fight anymore. Mm hm that anyway, race from Wyoming. I have so much stuff I wanted to get to and I can have time to race from Wyoming.
Speaker 5: Ray.
Speaker 1: It all started because I was asking about Tom White talk not Tom Brady. Yeah, Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: How he went on there and he made kind of a goat Hall of Famer comment when you're talking about Baker Mayfield on what did he say?
Speaker 1: I mean, Uh, it's quicker to just play Oh oh, go ahead, all right say quote.
Speaker 5: They wanted me to come in, be myself, bring the joy back to football for guys.
Speaker 1: Who weren't having as much fun. It's funny because you've made this environ room for me, very stressful of hearing the food. So I understand where it's coming.
Speaker 9: From your field. It was stressed. Well, I was going to say, I thought stressful was not having super Bowl rings. So there was a mindset of a champion that I took to work every day. This wasn't daycare. If I wanted to have fun, I was going to go to Disneyland with my kids.
Speaker 1: That's so, that's so awesome. You only get to be the greatest by by cracking some eggs and some heads. That's cool, that's good. And well, then I was saying, you had that quote the other day in the hallway.
Speaker 2: I had a quote what you're staying in the hallway?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: It was we had to write a quote on a board or anything. No, you just set it offhand.
Speaker 4: Oh what?
Speaker 3: Well, Me and Scuba were kind of worried because we had twenty seconds until we were about to go live on the air, and so I was like, dude, we got to get bones, and Scooba's like, yeah, bones got to get in there.
Speaker 1: So like, hey, hey, Bobby, Bobby Bones, get in there. Get in there. And you're like, hey, I'm a Hall of Famer. Hall of Fame. Yeah, I was like, oh, I remember that. Yeah, they were like twenty seconds, and I walked by it, and I'm just like, walking in the room. Who gives a crap?
Speaker 2: Twenty second walking hall of fame.
Speaker 1: I realize that's funny.
Speaker 8: I died laughing. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds is ten years in this world. Unless we're off the air after Bailey's when this ends or.
Speaker 2: Whatever, we're not in the Hall of Fame. And so when they say twenty seconds, me and lunchwalks are hall I do find each other in.
Speaker 1: The I remember that you got twenty seconds. That's funny. I was like, chill, I guys, I'm in the Hall of Fame. I got this all right, We're done. I had more to get to, but we do not have time for that. I hope you enjoyed this scuba. Keep keep the good to work out, buddy.
Speaker 8: I haven't got my response back yet, so you care.
Speaker 1: And it's so much easier. I would rather say WHOA than sick them? Okay, it's really it's almost impossible to teach somebody sick them. I would rather have to tell you, hey, be a little less passionate, try a little less than hey, man, Can you give me a little more, so keep up to go to work, buddy.
Speaker 8: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And we respect you man.
Speaker 4: Thanks, idiot, We do yeah, you idiot.
Speaker 1: All right, we're done. Thank you guys. And if we ever go off the air in your town, please send us a DM and let us know where you are, what station you're listening to, what time it is, because then we can we can and.
Speaker 8: How you're listening. If you're on the app, if you're on the air radio that's also really key.
Speaker 1: Let us know because that's on the way we know because otherwise Scooba is an idiot, he doesn't anything. All right, Thank you guys.