Speaker 1: So I'm going on a trip and my daughter's coming with me, and I was just speaking to one of her friend's moms because I may bring someone, and the mom was talking to me about safety, and you know, I said, we would have at least one or two men if the girls would go get ice cream or something. The only thing that would be I said, like, I'll be with them. The only time that i wouldn't be with them is let's say I'm at a work thing and then there is one of the boat members, the crew members that would be with the girls to go get ice cream. They won't be alone. And she was like, yeah, because of trafficking, etc. And trafficking is a brutal concept. And there have been times when my daughter's been with friends and she's been like in the city and they're going to dinner and you know, or they're taking a daytime train from the suburbs into the city and like you just cringe a little, like you don't know how hard to go. You know what we did, but I think it's a different world and it's terrifying. And so you're trying to convey to your kids the fear, but also like they can't know what it's like until they feel scared about something. So like I always say to my daughter, you know, you don't know what it's like in Puerto Rico after an earthquake or a hurricane or something, when they've lost everything and they're waisted deep in filthy water and have no electricity. She can't understand that unless I take her, and I haven't yet taken her. The one time I was supposed to take her to North Carolina, she was a really little kid and she got sick and I was going to take her to Poland and it didn't work out. And I'm going to take her, and it's not late because I do this as a part of my life, but I'm going to take her. But I want her to feel it. And in the same way, it's almost like something happened recently with a friend group, and something happened where there was something occurred where there was like a she got a glimpse of fear, and I was also scared, but I was also happy because it was like getting in a car and spilling something at the beginning of the ride, like something's going to get spilled, let's just get it out of the way, meaning like I want her to feel a sense of fear so she knows that, like, the world isn't so innocent and pure. You want to keep them pure, but you also want them to have a little bit of neuro season anxiety about being alert, about being a target, about you know, all these kids they drink, that they vape. I don't know if the vaping is pot or what it is, but I don't know what goes on. You know, you want your kids to know, never put your drink down. And you have those testers, like how far do you go with it? You want your kids to know. I mean, I've said to my daughter. We were in Florida walking on the path and I looked down and I said that there's like a baggy there, which even if it's shiny, it looks like there's jewelry in it, it could be fentanyl.
Speaker 2: Like that. That's the scary world we live in, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Love that you have to kind of traumatize your kids, but there's really not much of an option, like this is what we have to do because the world is a scary place. And another thing is, you know, I watch the kids, my daughter's age, and I look at the outfits and like, no matter how fresh and cute and natural they are, they get into that phase where they want to wear like the slutty outfit or the boustille or the crop top or the short skirt or the dark color or whatever, and like, yes, it's self expression, but you kind of are looking at it like you are so beautiful, and yes you can like be flirty and cute even you know, I know young girls want to be older and they want to be sexy, but you know you're trying to say it so they don't rebel and then go do it right. And also and we've all been through it with the trends and different things like that. And also this is a big one. Listen as a woman my age, my age, I have been out with men and whether I've had somebody to drink or not, and felt like I don't really want to do anything physically with them, but you kind of just go for it because you sort of are worried about like you want to do something for them, or you're worried about what they're going to think. I'm a fifty something year old woman. Think about as a kid. A you're feeling good, your body's feeling something, b a guy could manipulate you and tell you anything about they really love you, or they really want to get to know you, or you're so beautiful. They could tell you anything because they only have one goal, and like in the moment, the game moves quickly. And if it's kids and they're drinking, and they have no judgment because we as adults do stupid things when we drink or take a smoke or take an edible or something, we do stupid things.
Speaker 2: We make bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Okay, so many adults there are politicians that have gotten DUIs, crashed, killed, people gone to jail. Like adults that are politicians, their entire lives been crafted. What do we expect from kids? So it's extremely hard to try to convey that to children. And the thing is, I told my daughter I would never name the names, but I remember the girls that were very promiscuous in high.
Speaker 2: School and college and after college.
Speaker 1: Like I distinctly remember their names and their reputations. I remember the girl I have her full name. I remember very few people's names, but I remember her name. Ninth grade, she had sex with her boyfriend, who I think was a year or two older than her. Don't remember his name, don't remember judging him. I mean, is it right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it what we all thought? Yes, because we heard that she had had sex at fourteen years old. Moving right along, there was another girl that was fifteen sixteen, but she two girls, pretty beautiful girls. They got reputations to this, and one of them was brilliant. I think she went on to be like a doctor, brilliant. I remember she got an almost perfect score. I remember her full name. I remember both their full names. Okay, this is really weird. I don't remember so many people's full names now. I remember the girl after college in our twenties that would be in New York City who like had been with everyone, and like, these people are adults now and it doesn't even matter if they went to Harvard Mit and cured an incurable disease.
Speaker 2: This is how I remember them.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying people can't be sexually free and wear what they want and do what they want. I'm saying it's good to have choices in your life, and if you don't want that kind of a reputation to follow you around, not to mention the fact that like colleges and everyone hears everything now and you don't know how a college or a school or a camp or a program is going to judge you, and why they don't have to tell you exactly why they're not admitting you, but everything gets out, so you're you know you're gonna eventually want to go to an Ivy League school. Why wouldn't someone if you're if you're accepting people to a very coveted school, why wouldn't they look at some social media or google someone? You know? I've even I'm obviously I worry about it because I'm a public person, but at least like a lot of mine gets rinsed out because I have so such a volume of pr I'm just saying, this is something that you go through in high school, and you're trying to give the best possible advice but also not traumatize.
Speaker 2: And it's a dance, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about staff and employees and work culture because I have learned so much through this move. So I am a fair tough employer, but I am very loyal and I never forget, like I never forget.
Speaker 2: I've shouted out before.
Speaker 1: The girl Sarah Katannic, who worked for me and we were going through multiple moves, and it was the pandemic, and she was a young girl and she worked her ass off and she I think had it. She had it the most difficult of any of my assistants under normal circumstances. Megan and Julia were there during my horrendous divorce and had like physical intimidation from another person, and like other types of things that I recognize. But one of the elements and dynamics and things that I think about the most is not how someone is when they start and when they perform, and when they're working for you and when you're currently paying them. When someone is leaving, what is their work ethic? Like people should finish the way they start. Are they leaving you high and dry? I gave my employees a long time notice because I knew I was leaving, And for some of them, I have made several phone calls to get them jobs with high profile people, with billionaires, with very successful employers, Like I'm not I'm not leaving here unless these people are solid. You know. There was a new employee that started to work for us, and like she sort of was sweet and she sweeped my dogs and sweep with the team, and she's been like watching stuff be moved, you know, in the first week. And she had not been here, She's been here months, not years. And I went up to her and I was like, you're not like you're not invisible, like you're watching people move around you. That must create anxiety. I'm gonna explain to you what's happening. But I'm gonna get you a better job than this one.
Speaker 2: I'm tough.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you a job with some unwealthier that has more normal like stability, meaning every day is not going to be like different, and I'm gonna hook you up, you know. And so I have three people that I'm really dedicated to helping financially that too, Like I mean, it depends on who you're employed by. But I'm a person who believes and chess not checkers, and some people play checkers and like just immediately react versus like wanting to sort of finish off really strong and it doesn't go unnoticed. And the people that are super loyal and ride or die to the end, they really this is just who they are. But what they don't realize is like I never forget, like this will all be like this is why these are the people that I'm calling up like actual powerful, successful, good people that happen to be extraordinarily wealthy, that never lose employees and give people a family and a life, And I'm going to get them these amazing jobs for the people that really recognize like that I'm in the midst of a move, and that I've been very generous and very good. And I feel broken hearted moving, like I feel like I'm abandoning people, you know, even though I know it's like breaking up with someone knowing they're going to have a better boy after you. Will it be as chaotic and as wild and as fun? And will they get as much free stuff and as much coffee makers and makeup and handbags and craziness and laughs and maaritas and inappropriateness and like Japanese melons? No, will it be solid? Will it be a good economical decision for them? Because I'm going to make sure they all get paid more than I paid them, which is I'm pretty fair to say the least, you know. And will I give them, you know, a financial reward when I leave for being so amazing and making sure that my move goes smoothly, so they're making sure that my move is going smoothly, and I'm making sure that their move is going smoothly. So I play the long game, and I'm always one that like. That's how I've always worked whenever I've worked for someone, which was a long time ago. Actually it's not because I do deals with partnerships and beauty brands and publishers and things like that. Whenever I work for someone, I give it my all. Now, in the housewives landscape, I was always on time, I always livered, I was always professional. Always when I worked in event production, I was always immaculate. I made the most money. I took it seriously, Like I believe in integrity and it's what you do and no one's looking. And I believe in like if you work hard, not hard, like work your fucking ass off to the twenty sixth mile. I'm gonna tell you why. If you work your ass off to the twenty fourth mile, the only thing anyone's gonna remember is the last two miles.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I remember an employee that was excellent in so many ways because she was loyal, and she was sweet, and she was nice. She wasn't that capable, but there was a point during the job that she said please, I want this. I'm in because I'm like, if I'm going to train you and teach you everything, are you going to say? She said yes, and then she left six months later after I taught her everything, and I was very resentful in how she left. It didn't matter all the good, it really did it. That's the truth. It really didn't. And it's happening. It's happened recently with some people as well, like I feel differently about the way that they've chosen to depart, and I've also been surprised by other people in the way that they are departing.
Speaker 2: I just think you finish how you start.
Speaker 1: Even in relationships, I have one relationship of my entire life that is not clean right now. I have had many breakups and I still speak to many of those men. It should be clean, it should be respectful. It can have a little bit of, like obviously, tension and there's a wound when you break up. You're not a robot, but by and large, ultimately you know it should still be healthy. You know, I still have a healthy relationship with ninety nine point ninety nine to nine percent of the people I've ever been in a relationship with. Because how you start is how you finish
Speaker 2: To the