Speaker 1: He is your double dose on a Saturday. This is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and you found our podcast. We're so glad you're here. I know, we got some ogs who have been with us the whole time, and new people who maybe saw a second date on TikTok or YouTube, go viral, even Facebook and now out.
Speaker 2: There in the world. I don't even know we're on the radio. Yeah, we podcast. I'm like, oh, we're all these cities. They're like, we're all the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's old school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been here for a minute.
Speaker 1: But every Saturday we'd play two back to back classics, and before we get to it, we love to feature some of our favorite comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lisa said, I don't know which is funniest this radio show podcast or that I've been on sixty three first dates.
Speaker 1: Only waiting for my second date updates. How have we not talked to you to Oh my god, listen, never get a second date? Yes, listen. The way to get on a second date update is we go to the website. It's Brook and Jeffrey dot com and then you go to the submit page and that's where you can submit sixty three submissions. You can put in Lisa for all those days. If you are doing the work to find out partner.
Speaker 2: Something simple, she's like, you're going to put on clothes darning.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe they all suck. She might not be the problem. I don't know. There we go. Hey, thanks for leaving the comments, Thanks for being here. We're going to start your back to back classics right now.
Speaker 2: How do I describe the call that you're about to hear a few minutes. Here's what I can say about it. You are about to meet one of the most unique and interesting women that we've ever had on this show ever.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, fact, Yeah, definitely definitely more interested in me. No, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Will you like her? Or will you want to drive your car into a ditch? Or will you you fall somewhere in the middle. Yeah, I'm guessing you're going to fall into one of the other extremes, So better buckle up just to be safe. Because to get to this, it's your second date update.
Speaker 5: Next second date updated.
Speaker 2: When we look back on our lives and all the people that we've dated, there's probably one that stands out as the most memorable. And it could be for a good reason or a bad reason, but it's the most unforgettable person that you've ever been out with. Okay, and one of our listeners, Brett, says, he met that person recently and he's distraught. He used that word in his email that she's not replying back to his request for another hangout.
Speaker 1: Now, I understand the music. When you use language like.
Speaker 2: That, distraught is a pretty enormous word for this show. You're gonna have to dumb it down here on out.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: All right, we appreciate that. So start from the beginning and in layman's terms, tell us about the woman that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Taylor?
Speaker 2: Is a.
Speaker 7: Name?
Speaker 2: I was like monopoly. She is fancy? Okay, how Jimmy Taylor?
Speaker 8: I met her on a dating app. Like, first of all, her picture stood out to me. She was standing in front of this just amazing painting, this huge, amazing painting. Is she an artist, Yeah, she's She was like covered in paint and like brushes and had a smock on the whole deal.
Speaker 1: Cool, So she's super talented.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's super arty and talented. So that stood out to me.
Speaker 1: Is there something like, are you also artsy or I mean, what attracts you to that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate our live I've always been kind of arty.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it sounds exactly like the type of women that Jose.
Speaker 1: Dates very art usually just dates the nude models.
Speaker 2: And stuff. I know, water colors come into the fold somewhere, finger paint. Well, yeah, I mean that's great. So that's something that's attractive to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely cool.
Speaker 8: She's somebody that I just don't usually meet on dating apps, just a certain quality of persona.
Speaker 1: So I mean, you're building her up pretty big before you even meet her. How are you feeling like going into the first date?
Speaker 8: I was nervous because I'm not a person.
Speaker 2: That's the type of language that we understand, right, Okay, she's using paint brushes, you're using Crayola crayon.
Speaker 1: I mean that could be intimidating though, if somebody wants to talk art with you and then you're like, yeah, I like colors too.
Speaker 2: Art can be fun and art is subjective, right, so you can like, I mean, so probably cheat a little bit. Tell us what was the date?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Building it up pretty big?
Speaker 8: The date was amazing and it was She's not even like if I look at her physically, she's not even really the type of girl I would normally go for. But there was something about her, like her presence she.
Speaker 2: Gave you that's so cool, that's that's not what he meant.
Speaker 8: I don't know, like her aura, you know she had like like.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man, that's cool that you've noticed that that you appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Ye where were you getting this vibe? Like what's the setting?
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, we're in a restaurant. You know, we had a couple of drinks and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you give her that compliment?
Speaker 6: Not? Not quite.
Speaker 8: I mean I was just captivated the whole time. You know, I was trying not to be not to sound like an idiot.
Speaker 1: How did not sound like an idiot?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: Did that work out for you?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: You know, I did my best, But I mean I think we had a great conversation. I mean we we just got into a really deep conversation. Like we're talking about love and like the end of.
Speaker 6: Time and whoa.
Speaker 8: And like, if I'm totally honest with you, guys, I don't know if I understood everything completely she was talking about.
Speaker 2: But oh, you got to go to the bookstore. Get that end of Time for Dummies. I like it, Okay, I mean you're saying a lot of nice things about her. Yeah, maybe you didn't understand. It's a good thing that you still vibed and liked her.
Speaker 1: What do you think she was thinking about you?
Speaker 8: I don't know, because just like the way that we were dressed. You know, I was in a baseball cap and a polo, and she's wearing this long flowing dress.
Speaker 1: Oh, like a like a sun dress? Or did she think you were going somewhere fancy?
Speaker 2: She's like, we're at the met Galla right.
Speaker 8: The only way I could describe it is that she was like a goddess.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel like it's still undressed, maybe like arap, like a Maxie rap.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm intimidated just hearing about her.
Speaker 1: But I know I've never talked to a goddess before.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we call her, she's gonna have symphony music for her ringtoel. We're going to find out in just a minute. Let's talk about how the date ended that night.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, we talked for a really long time and I dropped her off and I gave her a.
Speaker 4: Kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it seemed like.
Speaker 8: We both had a good time, and I said I would contact her again, But then contacting her again, I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: So did she ever confirm that she'd contact you back, that she was, I mean, give any indication she was looking forward to seeing you again?
Speaker 8: You know, if she did, I don't know if I really understood it. She was just kind of talking mysteriously a lot, and.
Speaker 6: Okay, but yeah, but I liked it. I like the way she talked. She was just a very mysterious person.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 1: You were sober right on this day. Yeah, like, and I mean like not just from alcoholic sober.
Speaker 8: I had a few drinks, but just within the conversation, she just started a fire in me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, whoa, I would say, you're drunk in love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sound like a poet, right. My body also burns in places too. Yeah. We might need to set you up with a doctor's appointment after this, but first we're gonna call Taylor for you and we'll try and get you a second date update with the mysterious goddess.
Speaker 4: I like you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm really glad because I'm so nervous. I don't know what I would say. I'm glad you guys are talking to her first.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, we're gonna try our bess. We'll do it right after this. Hold on second date update, we've been hearing a lot of words that we don't normally get for a second date call to describe the woman that Brett went out with the other day named Taylor like myster goddess, hypnotizing siren.
Speaker 1: I don't think he said that.
Speaker 2: I agree something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, long flowing dress while she ate her cheese fries.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, that's the goddess. I want to be just the cheese fry goddess.
Speaker 2: This is a one in a billion type of woman, according to Brett, and he's not sure why. Really it works for him because this isn't the typical type of lady that he goes for.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's exactly why it works right now. The other ones have worked. That's why we're here, no question.
Speaker 2: He is curious about where this could take him and Brooke, you had some curious years which ended up paying off in the end. So what do you think about this woman?
Speaker 1: I think she sounds amazing. Maybe she has a lot of options on dating apps, you know, like, if she's so different and she stands out so much, I'm sure you're not the only one that's noticed, you know.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's possible, Brett, Yeah, it's very poss Okay.
Speaker 1: So you may have some competition, But are you up for that? I think it's where can he keep up.
Speaker 2: From?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a little goddess too.
Speaker 2: I am nervous though, to call Taylor here if she's as amazing as you say she is. But we're going to give it our best shot.
Speaker 6: You guys can do this. I believe in you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm looking to reach Taylor.
Speaker 3: Is calling man.
Speaker 2: Thank you. My name is Jeffrey from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hi Taylor, Hi, Hi, Hello, it's a terrestrial.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's nice to say hi to everybody of the morning.
Speaker 1: She's Irish.
Speaker 4: And uh.
Speaker 2: We're actually doing a segment right now called a Second Date Update, which is a date segment where we try and help out some of our listeners with their love lives.
Speaker 3: I love love.
Speaker 1: Taylor. I will tell you right now. We have done hundreds, if not thousands of these and no one has ever had that response.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you, out of all the hundreds of thousands that we've done, no listener has ever talked about a date like Brett did about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you want to talk about Brett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about Brett.
Speaker 9: Bab's about you?
Speaker 2: And sorry, that was low class. I love it. We won't ask you about Brett.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I guess you could ask yourselves. How do French chefs make you love them?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What a French chef?
Speaker 6: They butter you up?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Wait, so Brett did that? He was buttering you up on the date.
Speaker 4: I'm not understanding.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, or maybe he didn't. Did Brett not give you enough compliments and you didn't like that?
Speaker 5: It's not enough butter?
Speaker 1: He didn't grease your wheels to.
Speaker 2: Literally just eat butter on the date.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, Okay.
Speaker 3: I hurt the most when I'm lost, and sometimes the hardest to express.
Speaker 4: But the easiest to ignore.
Speaker 3: I can be given to many or just one.
Speaker 10: What am I French fries?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to try worth the most?
Speaker 2: What you know? That makes a lot of sense to me when you say that, tailor, but my co host seem like they're in the dark a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I think I love I love you, love.
Speaker 2: You like bread.
Speaker 1: This makes sense. When we talked to Brett, Yeah, he was having a hard time describing how you felt on the date. You know, like he didn't know what your vibes were. He couldn't really tell because he said you talked you were like a mystery you or an enigma and very deep.
Speaker 2: Can we ask you about your date with Brett because he told us a little bit from his perspective.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if I should get into specifics, but I can tell you this. Okay, what do you call two Italian ants?
Speaker 1: This is a joke to Italian romance romance oh rome and ants Rome. Okay, okay, okay, So you you want to have a romantic connection with him. I don't know that he understands that because you're not very direct.
Speaker 2: But can you not judge her so much?
Speaker 1: I'm just honestly, I'm getting a little frustrated.
Speaker 2: You're intimidated by her, and so you're last I just do you talk to me?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: We all have our process.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, It's very nice for you to be so understanding. When my co hosts are being so not understanding. You're straight to the point.
Speaker 1: It's just you said romance and ants and that I mean that means that you like him right and the butter like these are all good things.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's just talking about her perspective of what love is in general and what's what she's searching for in a partner in the universe. I was talking, I was finishing my thought and I think that as the driver of this segment, it's time to bring Brett into the conversation and see if his love fits into her love universe.
Speaker 1: But that is that could be interpreted, and you need to work on your poetry.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite as deep as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet Jose.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna tell Brett to come on the phone.
Speaker 6: Brett, why so, Taylor.
Speaker 2: The way the segment works is Brett is on the other line listening, trying to understand what's going on as everyone is beautiful. That's beautiful, okay, okay, so you two can talk to each other. Take a breather over here.
Speaker 6: I mean I think it.
Speaker 1: Did you Did you get what she was saying?
Speaker 4: Brett?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does that makes sense to you?
Speaker 1: Could you interpret it for us.
Speaker 8: I mean I think that she is just saying that she really uh appreciate love and like connecting with people.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brett, Yes, oh.
Speaker 2: They understand very well.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: I just want someone, maybe Brett, maybe not to someday have rabbit friends.
Speaker 1: Rabbit friends.
Speaker 2: Rabbit why rabbit friends?
Speaker 3: Well, because you know what the rabbit's friends say when they get a Valentine's Day cars, what happens. It looks like somebody loves you.
Speaker 2: How does that resonate with you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I'm I'm a person who you know is always diving deep in to.
Speaker 6: The rabbit hole of.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean making sense to them. That's what matters.
Speaker 1: Rabbits like to multiply. So maybe care today, gone tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Okay, so guys are basic.
Speaker 2: Okay, no cap on that, okay, but that's I feel that the energy vibe in between you two right.
Speaker 1: Now, auras are matching.
Speaker 2: You're saying, they're meshing the rainbows. Aur now it's yeah, it's a double or orgy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, with all that said, and with all the energy in this room right now, I would like to ask Taylor, will you go out on one more date with Brett? Because these these are his words. He said that you started a fire within him. I'm not even making that up.
Speaker 3: Well, let me answer your question.
Speaker 6: With a question question.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want it any other way. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Did Adam and Eve ever have a date?
Speaker 1: There's a snake involved. I could never be bad on a date.
Speaker 2: Don't pour some water on raining you just try.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 2: So sorry, Taylor, did Adam and Eve have a date?
Speaker 3: The answer is no, but they did have an apple?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you want to have an apple with him?
Speaker 2: You guys would make a good pair. Okay, do we have gift cards for apples?
Speaker 1: Or I got I got an apple in the fridge right now.
Speaker 2: We would love to mail you that apple for a date, Taylor, if you're up.
Speaker 4: For it, what will be?
Speaker 1: Will be? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, no wonder he reached out to us for help. Understand that I'm gonna say yes that she agreed to go out and up with Brett one more time. This is like a bee pun joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this day, it's just so exhausting. I think we've been on the phone for two hours.
Speaker 2: We're I'm calling it. We're sending you guys out one more time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, match made in heaven, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Good luck you.
Speaker 5: Too, Broken Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning, we.
Speaker 2: Got a text to seventy five nine to two that says, I'm pretty sure I'm the only listener left because my radio is broken and I can't change it off your chill. We appreciate you sticking with us. Have a choice. That was nuts, that was out there.
Speaker 1: I liked it, it did, okay, it just got a little frustrating for me at a certain point, Like I love deep thinkers and everything, but like, can we answer our question not another question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I really don't see them actually going out again, even though I forced it at the end there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think it matters what you tried to force. Yeah, that woman is doing whatever she wants exactly.
Speaker 2: But here's the good news. She did save him and his feelings because she could have totally been like, oh, he's not on my level, like I'm a mountain and he's a lowly flower or what type of mountain goat is he? It could have gone that way, but she just said what will be will be, and that's how we should.
Speaker 1: Leave it, okay. Or she just left him hanging, which kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get married, Like, who knows.
Speaker 1: Even if they got married. He's like, did I say I do?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they asked her? And she goes, do I. If you ever want to get help from this show, it couldn't possibly go any worse than that call.
Speaker 5: It was a call.
Speaker 2: So reach out to us. What's the harm? And you can find all of our Seconday podcasts up online wherever you get yours.
Speaker 5: A Broken Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: I would say most of our listening audience has never been personally involved in a second date update.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. Yeah, oh my god, I bet it's zero point zero five percent.
Speaker 2: You have millions of listeners. Most people probably haven't emailed the show and haven't had to speak to our producer, thank god. But let's say you reach out to us and you get selected to do one of these with us. The bare minimum that we ask is tell us the full story and just pay attention during the call. Oh yeah, just focus for a few minutes while we try to help you. You should have to say that though they're wanting to hear demanded jeff I think I wouldn't have to say it. But that did not happen today. I think maybe it's the first time we've ever had to deal with the situation like this. You're gonna hear it in your second date.
Speaker 5: Update right after this second date update date.
Speaker 2: Even though we already have one in our midst. I'm told we are not allowed to say the famous words tell me a joke, funny guy. Oh yeah, that's never fun because on the phone we've got a stand up comedian. Heydes. I don't say that to all the stand up comics that you meet.
Speaker 1: I've never uttered that sentence in my life. You get it. Tell me a joke, funny.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yeah, tell me a joke, funny guy. So it's like, you're a comedian, tell me a joke. I'm like, you tell me we're good. Suckwere I'm not gonna be like, make me a sandwich.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it works, but let's ask the actual stand up comic who's on the phone right now to get a little bit of help. His name is Darren. Darren, welcome the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, you're hilarious.
Speaker 4: You like that?
Speaker 2: Oh that was good?
Speaker 1: I liked it. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 7: Darren.
Speaker 2: How long have you been doing the stand up comedy thing?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What's your goals?
Speaker 4: I've been doing stand up comedy for about ten years now, and my goal is just to make people laugh. I like to let people just escape from their reality for a little while.
Speaker 2: The opposite of our show, like minded brother. Good luck out there, man. Yeah, that's better than me. What am I saying?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who are we calling today?
Speaker 2: You met a girl recently?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I actually met her at a stand up show.
Speaker 1: Oh shocking?
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: There's always girls hanging out at the end of every comedy show waiting to meet the comedian, right, because there's nothing sexier than a guy or a person that can make you laugh.
Speaker 2: Was she a groopy bro?
Speaker 4: I mean, a lot of these girls are kind of on the sleazy side. But this was a classy girl though, So she was a rare breed.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: What's this classy girl's name?
Speaker 4: Aaron?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And so Darren and Aaron okay.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. Think about that.
Speaker 2: That makes your celebrity nickname really easy. Then it's Darren. That's great.
Speaker 1: So what was it like? Did you strike up conversation first or did she approach you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had seen her around a few different shows, but I hadn't really talk to her. And she saw me do my act and she came up to me and told me I was funny, And that was the first time I actually asked her out. But at that point she told me she doesn't date comics.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a smart, smart choice.
Speaker 2: It is a smart Yeah. How did you respond to that?
Speaker 4: Well, I told her that's fine because I work construction.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was good, laugh for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she thought that was funny, And so I finally I get her to want to go out with me. And I don't want to take her to a bar though, you know, I want to take her somewhere nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, that's almost.
Speaker 2: Like just taking another comedy club. Comedy Clubster is a.
Speaker 1: Huge bar is great, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like taking it's like taking them to work. Yeah, you don't want to go to your own work? Okay, somewhere nice, would you do?
Speaker 4: So I booked this city bus tour just like goes around the city.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, like the red buses the two stories or they have the ones that can go in the water.
Speaker 2: Darren no offense I thought you were saying that you were classing it up and city bus tour doesn't come to mind when I.
Speaker 1: Think it's got up upper deck.
Speaker 2: It's a British bus.
Speaker 4: But this is a very classy.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like one of your comedian friends is the tour guide.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know who was doing the joke, so it was just like some guy doing all kinds of corny stuff and yeah, fun impressed.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a funny date, like you get to see the whole city, you know, a lot of time to talk and things to talk about.
Speaker 5: How was it?
Speaker 2: How did it go?
Speaker 6: It went good.
Speaker 4: It was going good at first. You know, we're going to all these cool places, we're seeing all these different sites. Yeah, but then I thought it would be funny to get off the bus right before it left for the next stop.
Speaker 1: Wait what wait with her? You mean like, oh, we're gonna get up the bus and go get a drink.
Speaker 4: No, she was still on the butt.
Speaker 1: Were you laughing as the bus pulled away with her? What she said? She doesn't want any data comic? This is what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. You think you're funny and you're not being funny.
Speaker 4: No, it was kind of funny when I pretended to run after it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what did her face look like?
Speaker 2: Was pretending you're probably get smaller smaller imagining it.
Speaker 4: She was definitely surprised, and she had to wait for me, like at the next stop, and she wasn't thrilled about that.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her it was a joke or did you say?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: No, I did tell her it was a joke. I thought it was funny, but I ended up having to apologize.
Speaker 2: I felt that she didn't laugh.
Speaker 4: No, she did not think it was funny.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 2: Usually when you explained the joke afterwards, they really burst into laughter.
Speaker 1: I just mentioned the thought of this gave her the ick?
Speaker 2: Do you think you gave her?
Speaker 1: Not that watching a man chase a bus exactly? That was so specific.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I did it, but I don't usually run, so it could have.
Speaker 2: I've seen some dudes that are like, why are you like that? Maybe the unattractive running thing was going to do a Lexus thing?
Speaker 1: Though, since it was a hop on, hop off bus, did you were you able to get it back on track, like go take her finally to dinner or a drink.
Speaker 4: No, not really. We didn't end up doing anything afterwards. I was kind of thinking maybe we should have just gone to a bar.
Speaker 1: Idea.
Speaker 2: It's your home, it's your safe place. Yeah, and also you're like, at least a second date, I'll do that, But here we are. Huh Okay, So that was how it ended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I liked her. She was nice, she was very smart. She was not like a lot of the other girls in the comedy scene.
Speaker 2: So how long has it been since you and Aaron hung out?
Speaker 4: It's been like three weeks now.
Speaker 1: Have you heard from her at all or seen her at the club? Because it sounds like she was going to the comedy club.
Speaker 4: She hasn't been around lately, so I haven't seen her.
Speaker 2: Oh God, scared her right out of the entire comedy scene laugh watching horror movies. Well, maybe we can cheer her up and hopefully get her to agree to another date with you when we come back and do your second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This second date update.
Speaker 2: Quick recap if you're just joining us. We got Darren on the phone, who's a stand up comedian and convinced a girl at one of his shows to go out on a date with him, even though she said she doesn't date sleazy comics.
Speaker 1: She didn't say sleazy.
Speaker 2: Well that's implied. Oh so Darren took her on a classy date on a public bus tour, Yeah, where they learned about museums and landmarks and bridges, all the sexy stuff.
Speaker 1: Technically, it's a private company that runs those, Jeff, all the tours.
Speaker 9: Yes, well, just so you know, thank you for that foot in the city got excuse me, but yeah, it was a hop on, hop off bus, so he thought it'd be funny to hop off without her.
Speaker 2: And now weeks later he's still trying to recover and get himself another date. So that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: If people missed the first part. He did meet back up with her that night, it felt like that was the last time he saw her. Yes, how do you feel it about that whole revisit of your date there, Darren? Darren?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sorry, what's that?
Speaker 1: That revisit of your date there?
Speaker 5: Darren?
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, I thought it was okay. I mean, the part where I got off the bus obviously wasn't the best idea, but overall I didn't think.
Speaker 2: It was that okay. Listen, Obviously, you're a top tier comedian. The bus thing is hilarious. If this girl doesn't have a good sense of humor, do you really want a dater anyways.
Speaker 4: Bro, that's true. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: I got you might be the problem with the mindset of.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna watch a movie and Will Ferrell is going to be chasing after like a city bus one day. We're all going to be like, oh, Darren and Darren called this the new Kevin Hart movie city Bus Tour.
Speaker 1: Heartthrob. We think we'll fare.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. We're not hot, We're just let's just talk to your date, Aaron. We'll see if she answers and hopefully get an explanation for why she hasn't talked to you in three weeks.
Speaker 1: It's a long time.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you too, man.
Speaker 1: You guys, it's break a leg.
Speaker 4: I mean they say break a leg because you hope to get casts.
Speaker 9: It's an acting thing, not a stand up comedy stage thing.
Speaker 1: If he's auditioning for sn L, then it's break a leg.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we're going to break a body part and.
Speaker 11: Color in here. Hello, Hey is this Aaron?
Speaker 8: Is this she?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Aaron? You're on the radio right now with the show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: What's some what's going on?
Speaker 2: We're doing a segment called a second Date Update. It's a very unfunny segment that we do because we heard you're not really into laughing and stuff a lot, but we're trying to help hook you up with That's what she said earlier.
Speaker 5: Wait what you.
Speaker 1: Love laughing and you go to lots of comedy shows, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't date people that make you laugh.
Speaker 10: How did you guys get my number?
Speaker 2: We got it from Darren, who you went on a date with about three weeks ago, Darren the comedian.
Speaker 1: My god, yeah, was that like, oh my god?
Speaker 10: No, it didn't sound like I just it's kind of wild that he would give my number to a radio station, don't.
Speaker 1: You think, Well, not really, because we do this segment like three times a week.
Speaker 2: This has been going on for decades at this point. But the reason that he gave us your number is because he had a really nice time with you when the two of you went out on that bus tour.
Speaker 1: Had nice things about like how class you were and smart.
Speaker 10: And it sounds like he's probably told you a lot already. I don't know exactly how much she shared with you about our first.
Speaker 2: Date, just at the highlights. It was a city bus tour. There was an awkward moment that we kind of mentioned before about him like hopping on and off the bus as like a joke.
Speaker 1: And as you drove away, still on the bus, he thought that'd be funny, and he said that you didn't find that very humorous.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, good, So he did tell you that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, like I like to laugh.
Speaker 10: And everything, but just imagine being in my shoes watching your date kind of like sort of not pointing and laughing, but like being outside of a bus watching.
Speaker 5: I mean I was horrified.
Speaker 10: Like I we drove together, so I was like, am I gonna now be stuck alone at the car when I get back to it?
Speaker 1: In like panic mode? It's not funny to you.
Speaker 10: No, And we definitely don't have that much history to even be kind of pulling those types of situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 1: But he did say that he apologized that night.
Speaker 10: I mean he did. He definitely did, and he caught up with me, so it ended up being fine. And like I don't want to like hurt anybody's feelings. I just I think the best way to say it is like, we just don't really vibe.
Speaker 1: Comedians still have feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fine, so what are you gonna do. Look, I understand that sentiment. That's really nice of you to like keep his feelings in mind, But he's really confused. He's hoping to get a little bit of insight as to why you've, you know, not talked to him in the last three weeks, so that maybe he could find some closure.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, since he decided to call you guys and ask for it, I mean, I'll tell you, but honestly, I think he's funnier on stage.
Speaker 6: Than he is in person.
Speaker 10: And that's it's only like on stage when it's scripted and they've had time to rehearse this bit that they're like funny, and maybe I just didn't get to see that side of him. So I don't want to say, like, he's not a funny person. I'll just say he's not my kind comedy.
Speaker 1: It's a great observation most people, guess, you know, it's like these guys are practicing jokes for months sometimes, so it's still not fun to hear, and you know to hear you're not funny? You know that sucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And uh oh, actually he doesn't. Yeah he he kind of does know that now, because the way that the segment works, Aaron is we have Darren listening on the other line.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet he's just laughing and laughing right set with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fuel bro is that Darren? Are you there? You're cracking up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sorry, So what happened?
Speaker 2: What? Wait? What are you listening?
Speaker 1: You didn't hear her?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was busy.
Speaker 4: I was doing something around the house. You guys are taking for.
Speaker 2: It's kind of important. The whole reason you call this well so that you could hear her explanation, but.
Speaker 1: Another eighty D comedian because you already have one of those, Darren talk to Aaron.
Speaker 10: Hey, Darren, it sounds like maybe you didn't hear any of that, so that's probably for the best.
Speaker 4: But I was just wondering, like, you know, what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh god, already?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. It's a very important question. Maybe if you tell the story a few more times, it'll sink in for him.
Speaker 10: But go ahead, erin, Karen, when you hopped off of the bus the tour operator really put me at ease, like both with jokes, and he was also just really really nice, And I think.
Speaker 6: It's probably it's probably fair for.
Speaker 10: Me to tell you that he asked for my phone number.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: The tour guide.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just thought he was so funny and like, oh god, we have been out a couple of times, and I just don't quite looking at anybody else.
Speaker 4: Right, this is the tour guide from the bus with the pretzel jokes in the kazoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've got a laugh of just thinking about it. I didn't heard what he says.
Speaker 4: That's your going to go. He's not even a real comedian. I'm out there every day grinding, honing my craft. This guy is a half Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 10: Well, Darren, Darren, while you're honing your craft working in a quiet room, he's out there actually performing every day.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of crowd work, doing observational humor for people on the sidewalk museum jokes.
Speaker 10: Do you know how hard it is to make history money?
Speaker 2: She's awesome. She's got his back too.
Speaker 1: Does that hurt worse than her just not going out with you?
Speaker 5: Darren?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean she said she doesn't date comics. I guess she's sticking with that.
Speaker 5: This guy is definitely not.
Speaker 2: All right. He got a good one in there. Look, Darren, this is the point where normally I'd ask to send you two out on a date, and we'd offer to pay for it. But I think before I do that, now that you've heard, well, I it's kind of heard. You missed most of it. But now that you know that the girl that you dated is hooking up with the corny tour guide from the bus, do you still want us to ask her out for you?
Speaker 4: Anybody who's into tour guide humor, I'm gonna have to probably pass on.
Speaker 1: I wanted like a joke off between the two of us, jokes, and she clearly thinks this guy's better.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, if he doesn't have any jokes, how can we have a joke off?
Speaker 2: Maybe Darren quick hop off the phone and then back on like he did on the on the bus. We'll stay here, hilarious.
Speaker 4: Try it.
Speaker 2: Are you gone?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess good luck Aaron with your new boyfriend.
Speaker 10: Oh no, I'm devastated it didn't work out with Darren. Not the only one with.
Speaker 5: Jokes brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man, this was a big win for bus tour guides everywhere.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I mean, dad humor is on top again the.
Speaker 2: Male and female bus tour guide. You really are natural comedians. You're out there educating the public about mid century architecture and making people laugh and stealing our dates right out from under us. So we salute you. Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm impressed that you really defended Darren as long as you did, since he couldn't even follow the phone call to begin with.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, dude, I mean got him a great shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I can't blame him for tuning away from us. I've been there before for sure, mid conversation sometimes all right, I'm not even listening right now.
Speaker 1: You're the one talking most of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I hate it. So I'm gonna stop talking and just encourage you to go online and find our podcast. You can find all of our second dates and all of our show content wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey, and we will help you in your dating life. We'll try it, you know, we'll be here. I don't know how much help will be, but email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back,