Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. It is Wednesday, October ninth. The Ravens are gearing up for Sunday's game coming up against the Washington Commanders. It's a one o'clock at M and T Bank Stadium. These are two of the top teams in the league gearing up for this Battle of the beltwigh and today we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harball as well as several key players. Let's kick things off with Coach Harball.
Speaker 2: Oh good, seeing everybody appreciate you being here. Good practice. Guys are locked in for a very big football game this Sunday at M ANDT. I do want to mention the Tampa area and Florida with the hurricane coming in, just because it kind of hits close to home because we have family down there. My sister Jony Crean, Tom Crane and her family live down there in that area, and my daughter, you know, is at USF and we actually brought her up Sunday night, so after the game, I had an airport run to go make and my wife brought back up. So we know how how challenging that's gonna be. And just for all the people down there. Our prayers are with you stay safe. And then for all the first responders and the people are gonna be dealing with that, the National Guard, we thank them for that. It affects all of us. So with that, what question do you have?
Speaker 3: John adding Dean to as an advisor world he just helped out the thinking and what went behind kidding here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really excited about it. I mean, it's uh, it's great. You know, Zach and I talked about that, and Zach has been in touch with Dean quite you know, really all the time. It's a kind of a good sounding board and a mentor for Zach. An they're very close. And Dean and I go back, as you guys know, a long long way. And uh, his football knowledge and and his ability to uh, you know, just put an eye on things that'd be a great great, a great sounding board and the backup for everybody is super good. I'm glad he's here. Good to see his face out here, and and uh it can make us better. So I'm happy about that.
Speaker 4: Coach, What are your run defense is played so well them when the lead team he's throwing the ball more against you guys, you still have to put more pressure in the secondary.
Speaker 5: As far as that goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't it's probably part of it, you know, It's just everything's part of it, probably for sure, Todd. You know, type of games that we've been in, the type of quarterbacks we played against, the passing games, the receivers that we've faced, all that kind of stuff. But we just got to focus on us, not so much why, it's just what you know, and playing playing things really well, really consistently. That's our goal. Had a really good practice today, So just keep fighting for that and keep improving.
Speaker 5: John, You guys.
Speaker 6: Historically have always had success against rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Got another one coming in today. They're all different. What what do you see in Jaden?
Speaker 6: It makes him, I guess, different from maybe some of the other rookie words.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's hard to compare, you know, rookie quarterbacks, but I can tell you that Jaden is playing at a highigh level. He's got his team. They built it around him. I think A Click Clff's done a great job there in terms of building the offense around around Jayden. They have skill players, they have a really great running back, veteran offensive line. I think they're doing a great job. You see it on tape. They've got a lot of a lot of you know, plays that are just you know, there's all kinds of space out there that they've created with with all of that mix a chemistry together that they have. So we have a hands full, you know, and definitely starts with Jayden, but it's the whole offense, and we've got to be on point.
Speaker 7: What specific things does he do that are you know problematic for teams?
Speaker 2: Well, he creates problems in different kind of ways. And he can throw it. You know, he's throwing the ball downfield at a very efficient rate. He's he's he's hitting all the quick outthrows, the RPO throws and the quick game throws very effectively. Gets the ball out fast to those throws and then if it's not there, he's creating plays you know, on the run with his legs. But he's not just running, which he is running, but he's also throwing on the run and making plays that way. So he's doing he's doing it in all those different ways.
Speaker 8: John The trajectory of the Commanders I think has had people in this region pretty excited about this game for a couple weeks.
Speaker 9: So I know it's not a division game, but you know, with two buzzy teams on the reaching the hole that, how do you kind of sense that or hurt you for me and doesn't feel different to you or or anyone on the team with both.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, and I appreciate. I think it's it's it's obviously I can. I can kind of, you know, be excited about it for the fans and for what it means for the region and appreciate that because you know, especially when you get older, you start appreciating those things, probably more and more as a coach, you know, And so I think it's really neat in that sense. But really for us kind of in our cocoon, it's a football cocoon. We are. We are locked in on their football team and just trying to go out there and play our best football. Guesst a very very good football team, So that's what our focus is on.
Speaker 10: Aside from Jade.
Speaker 11: What other challenges do you see that in their offense presenting us?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's I think it's the versatility of the offense. You know, they can do so many things. Well pretty much everybody's catching balls I mean zach Ertz. You know, he's healthy, he's back to being who he's always been. They got two really good running backs. I mean, both those guys different, completely different guys, creating problems in their own way running the ball. They're both downhill runners in different ways, but man, they get the ball vertical and obviously they have speed outside. So it's all those things combined, and.
Speaker 10: There's Nobs taking victory of last twenty five.
Speaker 12: But you have been asked a ton about the offensive line and young guys and all the change moules that you repeatedly.
Speaker 10: Expressed confidence in that group. How pleased are you with how especially the last three games have gone with that kind of molded together and playing well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I think we're making steady prior. So I'm very proud of all the guys. You know. I told the guys that yesterday and I told them again today how proud I am of them because of the way they've handled things. Sometimes, you know, momentum is a tough thing. It's an important thing. Sometimes you kind of ride momentum. Sometimes you got to create momentum. Sometimes you've got to create momentum out of nothing, you know, and I think in that game it was it was expression of that, you know, you're down to the point where you're ynum. The momentum is going so hard against you and it seems overwhelming, but you still can create your own momentum. You can do it. Uh, you can do it, and you can do it football, and you can do it in life. You gotta just you gotta decide to do it. And our our guys did that. I think the game is a great example of that. True for the offensive line probably, but we're still a work in progress, our offensive line, our whole team. It's a work in progress, and we, uh, we have an opportunity with that to get so much better and that's what we're trying to focus on going to.
Speaker 6: Then you tell about momentum coming off of the tough division game on the road, winning and over time only. I know it's you guys are big on kind of moving on from the past game on to the next one.
Speaker 5: But do you feel like that type of game you already on the.
Speaker 6: Winter Street, But that type of game really does build a lot of confidence.
Speaker 2: What you're seeing, well, it definitely builds confidence in a lot of different ways and things that you're capable of doing you know. I mean it's hard to have true confidence until you've actually done something, you know, and uh so that you know in different areas in that game, it certainly builds that confidence. Uh, but you know you're not looking.
Speaker 11: Back at it.
Speaker 2: We can't afford to. It's a tough game. It was a physical game, was on turf, Uh, it was it was hot. Uh, you know, it was just tough division games. So now we've got to bounce back from that to get ready for another tough out of division game, but a tough physical team as well. And it's been a tough schedule. So but our guys are up for it. We're in good shape and we'll be ready to go.
Speaker 10: So Deeve, obviously he's average and is he gonna be at games the press boxer, in the coaching boxer, off the sideline exactly?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, John, I know we asked you.
Speaker 10: We asked your Merlin. On on Monday we started Shot Baby wasn't out there.
Speaker 5: Is he dealing with this for shot Babeman. Is he dealing with anything that could keep him out.
Speaker 1: Of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got I would say all the things that we categorize as being just normal game after game type of things that you deal with, you know at this point time of the season.
Speaker 1: Next up is quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yards offensive But second, employees, where do you feel this offensive right now?
Speaker 13: Well, just taking a step in the right direction right now?
Speaker 14: Uh started off slow, well, started the season off slow, but taking strides in the right direction.
Speaker 13: Why and then you're lost.
Speaker 5: You on your job every week.
Speaker 15: But as you've been able to see what Daniels, Jamie Daniels has been doing here and.
Speaker 5: What your thoughts off is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've been I've been catching uh glimpses of him, his play, his play on uh social media and stuff like that, and he's he's going off. You doing what we've seen the college we got him to the hosban with doubt yil Mar.
Speaker 11: We see the UH ward has given a lot of success to the offense.
Speaker 16: How can you describe these collective work, U, and all these lines and uh.
Speaker 5: The offense has given a lot of team work.
Speaker 16: If you've seen general a lot of the team work, how can you describe all these collective work?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 14: Everybody just doing there one eleven, you know, contributing to the team and UH doing what's best for us. That's that's what's getting a job done.
Speaker 8: Why you said after the game, you're you're frustrated the past that fumble or the or I guess not country snap. Yeah, how how's the is that communication with Tyler or some of those players for at the end of the game most like the noise and in the environment in Cincinnati, or is there something else that you feel like you guys are aggressing right now?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: No, it was just a mishap, that's all.
Speaker 11: So it was.
Speaker 13: It wasn't nothing to be rid about.
Speaker 1: Why you you don't see the commanders a lot often like just giving you know, the proximity being a close team. You know, you're you're a it right now is through the best Sam movie, But you're kind of you on this. You reach out a lot of the leat between the two teas.
Speaker 14: Oh man, just trying to come out with a w Uh. That's that's what it's been. Uh ever since I've been here, you know it. It's and every time with pee of those guys, was trying to win rather this preseason and regular season whatever else.
Speaker 15: Lord j Jaden said, you do. He doesn't want to be compared to you. That's whar day, but he wants to be his own guy. It's right revolicent of I think the approach you've always taken. H how do you look at that, that version and.
Speaker 5: You agree with kind of how a CE six?
Speaker 13: I agree?
Speaker 14: You know, he's his own player, He's his own man at the end of the day. Uh, we trying to make our making them by ourself, not anyone else.
Speaker 13: So I agree with that definitely.
Speaker 5: Cool is is it?
Speaker 6: We all remember come when you were coming into the league, you were trying to change your position, and now guys like chaining the other guys that have similar skill sets to you or what do you think about the evolution of the quarterback position from where.
Speaker 13: It was to where it is to thee I'm just glad you know that.
Speaker 14: Uh teams are just like, uh accepting that now, you know, uh, instead of just God's going through hassle and just getting trying to get marked marked or whatever. But uh, gods have proven it just stepping in the league and doing what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 13: So that's helping it out even more.
Speaker 5: How much do you feel like you're what you've done here?
Speaker 8: Cause put a play the anti battin force teams, teams to kind of evolve the way they think about players with.
Speaker 11: With your talent s.
Speaker 13: I don't know. I'm not the one picking the players, you know.
Speaker 14: I'm just tryna be be the player I can be for my team.
Speaker 4: A lot of different players. Guy like Charlie Coleman. How much have put a p a bush to the offense?
Speaker 13: Guy's the game? Make it plays for you?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 14: Man, we we been new what Charlie can do? You know it was I said it was just up to him. It just made the catches and made the runs after the catch, hopefully scoring next time and not just getting caught all the time. But he he's doing We all we all seen the camping and practice and stuff like that.
Speaker 17: Since you with your have you have you ever gotten the sense that there's any dislike between Baltimore and Washington and were I mean d and do you feel like you actually have.
Speaker 5: A lot of fans down there?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't be out much to nose, so I I really can't call it. Uh hopefully I got fans down there, but I got him here in Baltimore, so it it really doesn't matter more.
Speaker 17: It seems like a here we see after win after winn, you haven't been really wanting to celebrate those. Is it gonna take just getting to a super Bowl winning that before we see europe full league in embracet celebration.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Probably.
Speaker 14: But we gotta just win these games right now, you know that's all that matters, just winning these games.
Speaker 6: AFC Offensive Player of the Week again for you. I mean you you've always been big on kind of just missing some of these weekly accolades, but you take time to kind of live in the moment and you know, kind of just be happy about what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Production wise.
Speaker 14: I'm happy with to win, yeah, uh, but I I I'm.
Speaker 13: Grateful for it. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 14: I'm grateful for each and every time it do happen. But I'm tryna win. That's that's when things like that happen, just trying to win.
Speaker 7: Mark, Just going back to Jayden, how much did you like watch him in college.
Speaker 8: And and what did kind of what were your guys like earlier.
Speaker 14: Impressions in Uh, I really I I wasn't really able to catch games. I really don't catch a lot of college games. But when I did watch him play, he was just doing an amazing job. That's why he had my hosband vote.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you get a sense that the offense is a group right now? And can that carry out over from week to week?
Speaker 13: Yeah? I believe we I I believe we were.
Speaker 14: We're in a groove right now, just like I said before, just taking strides in the right places. Oh, we just gotta keep going, keep our head down and just focus on tasking hand, just keep trying to win.
Speaker 6: I'm I know you're focused on wins. You're at like the height of your career.
Speaker 5: But going back to the question about.
Speaker 6: The evolution of a quarterback position, do you ever think about how other quarterbacks look at you, like the Jamie Daniels as an inspiration because you're now in this position where you're paying away for others. Uh.
Speaker 14: I really don't sit back and think about it, to be honest, I believe just cause I'm still playing and it's still I believe early in my career. So I really don't sit back and dwell on it. So I I really I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you realize you're an.
Speaker 13: I guess, I guess.
Speaker 2: So every time there's a conceiver becomes available, like what you're saying, Devonte Adams.
Speaker 10: Raven fans say, we need to get them, we need to get them. Let's give Lamar another weapon? How much? How good you feel about the weapons you do have? I mean, two weeks ago we saw Justice sail in the past. The game this week it was colder, Like, how satisfied are you with kind of your options? Uh? In terms of pass sketching.
Speaker 14: Oh, my guys are doing a great job, you know. Uh, receivers, tight ends, running backs, fullbacks. You know, our guys just doing it all right now. And we win a game. So that's that's all that matter.
Speaker 3: Well, in a game where I mean, I think Washington taveraging thirty one points for game, you got averaging twenty nine teams for game. Did your mindset change when you know that there's two teams that are pretty high scoring?
Speaker 13: You know, No, I didn't even know the average?
Speaker 15: Yeah, right, last week, you know, we asked you several questions about whether the offense is gotta to pick us more of a passing heavy attack after two rushing heavy games. To do that, to to do it so efficiently at a high level this past game in Cincinnati, what does that do for the confidence of this offense that hey, we know we can do that.
Speaker 13: I mean we've been to what we can do.
Speaker 14: Uh just back in camp, you know when you guys will ask question ask questions about uh Derrick Henry joining the team, it was like it's it's a pick your pick your poison type of offense, and it's it's on you know, just like you said weeks before, it was heavy run. Sometimes he didn't get the ball as much. You know, we felt like he should be getting the ball more.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 14: Uh still came out with a lo, with a loss, you know, but when the team is just playing, when he's running the ball great and off office lines just protecting well and receivers just running routes, catching touchdown tight ends doing the same. We all just went in together and it's helping us win. So we just gotta keep doing things like that.
Speaker 18: Is the second touchdowns ass a life week, just stip farm Sam Hobard and then I don't know if you ever saw his reaction to it, but just utter deflation from Sam that saying.
Speaker 5: I cannot believe he just did that to me.
Speaker 18: You get to take a moment and have any sentence satisfaction and doing that on an NFL fields and the other best athletes.
Speaker 13: So well, not at all trying to win. Tryin Mark.
Speaker 16: This Sunday, we're celebrating this Spanding Heritage Month, the game against the Commanders. What what it means to you to have all these fans from all over the world warning your number in supporting you guys.
Speaker 13: That's a lot of love.
Speaker 14: Uh appreciate that because to me I'm just Lamar, you know, But to other people, I'm much more.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 13: That's that's dope. That's dope to be a part of.
Speaker 7: Can you take us behind the scenes of that photo that the video that they shared from a lady.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we were just sitting down what it was supposed to be private for us.
Speaker 13: It was me Eddie Jackson Day.
Speaker 14: Were just eating and the guy who owned the restaurant just kept like letting people, oh yeah this person like I don't even almost curse, but like I don't know, I don't know this lady, you know.
Speaker 13: But it was a black lady walked down.
Speaker 14: She was just yeah, I'm a little ol fan, and but I'm as Cincinnati fan. She was nice, she was cool, and the other lady come in and she you gotta kick your ass. I'm like, I got mad, So I'm like, you know, she gonna be the reason, like you know, we end up winning. I wonder how she felt after that, dude, like because she probably seen it, like one of her grandsons or something probably showed it to her.
Speaker 13: But yeah, just be a fan of time. Just let us please, like, let the guys do the talking, y'all. Just be the fans. No, I wasn't for her.
Speaker 16: Not.
Speaker 1: We also heard from safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 5: Of the challenges you're showing the secondary or some day were someone to righting hows.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think it's most of our problems is nothing structural, is just fundamental stuff. I mean, we gotta tackle, we gotta get off blocks, we gotta communicate. And you know, we've been saying this for five weeks now, so it's time to start actually doing it. And you know, just not coming up here and just saying it.
Speaker 8: How much how important is it to kind of get one of those explosives contained when you have a guy like Jaydon Daniel who's throwing some really nice sill balls this space.
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, especially against somebody like him and the team and what they've been able to do up until up until now. But I mean I feel like we've had plays like that in every game, and it's just matter of us decreasing those plays happening, because I feel like other than that, you know, we're having pretty good games and it's up to us on the back end to get that fixed and go out there and play a complete game.
Speaker 5: There are many quarterbacks which really have a similar skill sets on Lamar. You know, obviously he's much younger and not as polished as Lamars.
Speaker 18: What does that help you having to see and to see it a lot in practice and know really what it looks like on the field versus guys like we're more twenty one to one at the NFC, they don't see m as much.
Speaker 5: I think that's real healthy.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, I think so. Going against somebody like that. We don't go against him as much during the season, obviously, but during campus, stuff like that prepares us for the mobile quarterbacks in the league. And you know, Jaden's done super well so far, and not even just with his legs. He's done great with his arm and completes the ball at a high rate, throws it downfield really well, and receivers are playing well, backs are running hard, and you know, it's another challenge for us to come in as a defense and get our job done.
Speaker 8: The way you guys closed up this past week and made some very critical stops down the stretch. Does that sort of show you guys like, Hey, we've got it in us to make these kinds of plays.
Speaker 11: It's just got to make it more consistent. What's the dynamic there?
Speaker 19: Yeah, definitely just consistency. You know, we have thirty eight points, and you know, the offense did everything in their power power to get us to win that game. Obviously Marlin had a big pick at the end, but other than that, I don't really know how much the defense did for us to win that game. So it's up to us go back to drawing board two. We did wrong and it's only week six right now, so we still got a long way to go be able to fix this thing and hopefully at the end of the year it all comes together. But yeah, I think there are some bride spots that's just got to be doing that more often.
Speaker 5: Kind of And I guess I'm.
Speaker 1: Really honest, like inside your expectations of what you want this defensive lead in the secondary, is that so.
Speaker 19: Kind of a docking point if we Yeah, I feel like it always is. There's always a standard that we believe we need to meet and then exceed eating. You know, we always talk about seasons a bunch of highs and loves, but steadily progressing. And I feel like we've at least as the secondary, you know, just being as as blun as possible kind of plateaued and our uh getting better throughout the season. And I feel like we've had good weeks with like Buffalo, and you know, we have a bad week like last week, and it's up to us to fix that and go into this week and you know, try to write that wrong.
Speaker 11: It's a good offense.
Speaker 5: You're watching that second touch up after idea like late that Lamar had. What's your guys reaction on the sideline and what do you guys take to each other?
Speaker 19: I was actually thinking about this the other day, but I feel like it's kind of we're almost numb to it at this point, like we were just on the sideline, like our sweet like we got a touchdown. At least that's how I felt, because I feel like I've seen it so many times now, but you know, I think I won't really be able to appreciate it, so like I don't know, Lamar retires or something, and they make like a big highlight of his whole career, and I'm like, damn, this dude's doing stuff like literally no one has ever done before and as demoralizing as a defense to go against that, I'm sure, I'm glad he's on my team. I don't know how to do it deal with it, but you know, I mean, it's just stuff like that, like he's making spectacular plays to win us the game and keep us in the game, and it's awesome to see from a perspective being on his team. But at the same time, I feel like almost like he shouldn't even be the position to where he has to do that to where we need to win the game. Like I felt like defense should have gave him a coaching especially with how well the offense is playing. You know, it's up to us to make that game not as close as it was. And but yeah, he's incredible player and glads on our team.
Speaker 8: I know you just said you don't have to worry about it, but if you would entertain the hypothetical one on one, who would you rather tackle Lamar or Derek?
Speaker 19: I don't have a problem tackling either room, to be honest, probably Lamar. Well, which would I rather.
Speaker 10: Want to tackle?
Speaker 11: Who would you rather be?
Speaker 19: I never get to touch it, so I just want to, like, I just want to hit Lamar like one time. But that probably won't happen, or if it does, I probably won't be here anymore.
Speaker 11: But uh yeah, probably.
Speaker 10: I know we just got here.
Speaker 7: But for the organization to bring in Dean P's uh you know, he was Zach Orr's defensive coordinator.
Speaker 10: What's that say about? You know, I guess you guys leaving nose.
Speaker 2: To an unturned to try to get better and more consistent as a defense.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I know, we're we're kind of confronting everything right now, you know, And I think that's a great part of our organization and our defense.
Speaker 11: Just there's no egos.
Speaker 19: And you know, Zeo could have easily just been like, no, we're I'm gonna fix it, or we're gonna fix it in house. But I think to be humble enough and be willing to bring somebody in who knows what they're doing. And I when Dean was with the Falcons on my Top thirty visit, I was talking to him for a good bit and just gotta you gotta pick my brain, gotta pick his brain, and was just talking for a good while. He's a great guy, knows ball, so it's good to have him here. And you know, it's just another set of Eyes's not like he's gonna come into our calling the defense, but somebody who's seen a lot of ball and just helps helps us out a little bit.
Speaker 7: I know he hasn't been here for long, but has he introduced himself to you know, other guys who might not know Temps as TPS? I mean, has he's kind of been in with with you guys today, talk talks about all during meetings or practice or anything like that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, in the defensive room today, introduced himself and a lot of guys like Marlin. I think he was Marlin's DC for a little bit. I'm not sure, but one year older guys in the room know he is and been around him. But yeah, introduced and stuff today. I'm sure he's gonna have a good impact on what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: Yeahs are not of TV see that often outside of the three season, but achieving the local you know team.
Speaker 5: So there's kind of a regional lives over there. What's your take home to the aspect of this game.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think it's pretty cool for the fans. And obviously we play AFC North games and it's like we play these guys every year or twice a year, so that kind of takes up all our energy when it comes to rivalry stuff. But I guess there's kind of a what's it called, like the Beltway or something like that. Yeah, the Beltway Robbery. I don't know if there's a trophy or something like that. Battle of Beltway. Yeah, well that will happen on Sunday, and it'd be cool to you know. I guess I know some people that are DC fans and have some brag and rats against them, but yeah, I guess that's kind of the brotherly robbery. I don't know, maybe Philly a little bit, but I feel like this it's gonna be pretty cool to have whole region kind of focused on one game where they.
Speaker 18: Talked about back when he was here as a Raven, they would go out like in DC and the ANUE then Washington players there and they would be the same cloth hanging out and he's like, you couldn't.
Speaker 5: Lose that game because of that. Is there any of you that mixing it all anymore?
Speaker 11: Do you a little bit?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I've pumped into a few guys down there. I don't think there's too much. I mean, I guess we haven't played so but we played in preseason. They broke our streak, so I guess we might be a little mad about that. But other than that, no, not really.
Speaker 1: Next to his defensive tackle, Nomdi Madabik, talk about.
Speaker 16: That, Uh, the sack you had late in the game of Sunday, I mean, obviously as a key mood of the game kind of line up.
Speaker 10: So I just take me through that that play if you could.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, it was winding down the fourth quarter and you know, we definitely need to, you know, make like a huge stop to win the game. And you know, me and Job we ran a little text game and I got I got through there and brung him down, you know, stopped throwing them at um or kind of stop what they got going on, you know what I'm saying, trying to discombobulate them, and they worked out.
Speaker 11: And yeah, it's kind of.
Speaker 12: What Navie, what do you see out of James Daniels And to that point, how similar is he to what you see every day?
Speaker 10: In practice in the part.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, he's he's a great player, you know, has a lot of hardware from college. You know what I'm saying, great athlete, you know, playing really good. So you know it's gonna be a great, great challenge for us for sure.
Speaker 7: About uh, how similar he is, not not saying it is Lamar, but like you know, the similarities when they're on the field.
Speaker 11: I mean what you can do. They're both really really fast.
Speaker 16: They both can run the uh the ball, they can they can throw the ball really well, so you know those things too. They're both on Heisman, so I mean those things are similar. But you know, at the end of the day, it's the next opponent. That's how I see it. And as the days are going on, we're getting more doubt into what really, uh he does best and try to see if we can make him one dimensional.
Speaker 10: There's a defensive line and what's kind.
Speaker 2: Of your first when you play a quarterback like that, and can you'll really get at escaping pressure and get him out of his pocket?
Speaker 16: You like that, you know, just just hit him, just just just get in his place and hit him.
Speaker 11: You know, that's the approach.
Speaker 16: Every week really depends if you're a pocket pass, if your a dual threat, whatever it is, just hit him, you know what I mean, stop his uh confidence or just stop whatever he feels like it's gonna work, and just try to make it one dimensional. And that's when we can really get you know.
Speaker 15: I r R.
Speaker 16: That's when you can really have fun, you know what I mean. In the past game and all that stuff, you get to be.
Speaker 5: Able to make team one dimension.
Speaker 18: They've had to throw, but yet they continued half flight of success growing after that.
Speaker 5: It which seems screen what what what do you know of that?
Speaker 13: To just us?
Speaker 16: Uh? Just I guess, uh, just working out in practice and just trying to get better, you know, and we're not perfect, but you know we're working our way to get to where we know we can get to. But it just takes us just one day at a time and just trying to really just sold the offensive down on our opponents.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: The uh, the.
Speaker 1: Commanders are not a team that you see very often, especially in the greater season.
Speaker 5: We've seen them in the preseason a few times.
Speaker 1: But what's your take on on this matchup From the rivalry, you know, kind of a localized rivalry.
Speaker 16: Standpoint, My take is really. You know, it's it's gonna be loud. You know, there's gonna be a bunch of their fans here. Obviously, it's gonna be rocking. It's gonna be a great game. You know, it's gonna be high excitement. But you know, I feel like all of us the locker room are not really dialed into all that. We're downed in just you know, executing the plays and just making it about us at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today, we also heard from running back Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on the uh the milestones.
Speaker 2: First of all, do you reflect on that at all now?
Speaker 18: Ten K, one hundred touchdowns or is that a after season kind of go back and reflect a little?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No, next week, focus on what's going on now. Thankful. I'm grateful for that milestone, talked about it a lot. It's time to move on.
Speaker 1: Going into this matchup. You know, how do you how do you see the opportunities here for the running games you guys have You're kind of rolling here as of late, you know, I mean.
Speaker 11: No expectations.
Speaker 12: Work this week, prepare, uh, probably the execution then let it translation to the game.
Speaker 11: But they're a good team.
Speaker 12: We've been playing well together and they've got a good defense, and uh, you got to execute during the week just so we get out there and we uh playing on law Sounders on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the offense success can roll over from week to leave.
Speaker 12: I don't really try to focus on the the last week's success. It's a new week, a new opportunity. What happened last week, but it doesn't matter. You gotta approve it again. And I think momentum is a is a is a big part. You know, and you're in rhythm and you know you're actually keeping players very well, then you just a lot a lot of stuff you can build off of.
Speaker 1: Some of the freeze frames of your runs are kind of getting attention on social media.
Speaker 11: Are you smiling when run?
Speaker 12: I've been doing that as I was a kid, Yeah, so you know, people get a kick out of that, But that's as a r always ran.
Speaker 18: Last two weeks in particular, Washington has been better defensively than they were early on.
Speaker 5: What what are you seeing from them?
Speaker 18: Spec specifics or like what do they do well and take away?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 12: I think they have a disruptive front, experienced linebackers who were playing well.
Speaker 11: Who who do a great job?
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, they're playing well in the back and then too, so I think they got a solid around, all around group. You know, you got momentum on the team and you're playing comprehend in football, you know, it's kind of hard to stop. And I felt like they've been doing that very well. Hoping is playing well defense, you know, picking up from them and back and forth. So they've been doing a great job. They're a great team.
Speaker 20: You're a good they think a lot of the sports talk shows, the social media people are just blowing away by the fact that of what you're doing at this point in your career, that you're still running as fast as ever, all those things. You resent that at all, that people are surprised that you're playing as well as you are.
Speaker 11: No, I don't really focus on what people say. Just worry about what I do.
Speaker 12: We at the week, prepare myself, get ready, try to work as hard as I can that so I'm playing at a high level on Sunday.
Speaker 11: Is this what you expected when you came here?
Speaker 10: Did you expect me to look like this?
Speaker 11: I expect myself to do well this, you know, leading the league and rusting all I mean.
Speaker 12: About about didn't I mean, I want to be playing this, so I always expect it, always have a high standing for myself when I'm came out.
Speaker 10: Of doing what would it mean to give a shout out from them spent?
Speaker 11: I mean and sist the legend. He's like the go Alflorido.
Speaker 12: You know, all the kids who play running back look up to Emmit, you know, you know, he's like Michael Jordan to us.
Speaker 11: So that that was very cool and appreciate him taking out his time to make that video.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast, make sure you subscribe. Also head over with the Ounge podcast feed and subscribe there as well. Thank you so much for listening, and we'll be back with you again tomorrow