Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air every whey The Fifth Hour with me, Big Ben and in for Danny g Alex. I used to call him Alex the Vegan. I might have to call him something else. Give me a Ben from outer space. You're like a goblin or something like that. I don't know. You're amazing. I'm still trying to recover from yesterday's podcast. I'm sure I'll get a lot of blowback from the Malard militia on that. What of that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What were you you're doing on that podcast? Let them I loved it. That was great, Thank you, Bren. Yeah, we know what on that road.
Speaker 3: We should find a new nickname because I remember, and unfortunately I know that we did this because of your health condition. But I called you big gall bladder. And I loved the same for it because it's great, you know. I just love how we taken something that was life threatening but turned into something almost enlightening and like fun because it changed a lot of your health perspectives and everything. We got to think of something cool, like otherworldly ty.
Speaker 1: Shirt or something. I don't know, we'll find something, all right. If anybody has the suggestion, send that into the mail bag, which is what we're going to start here in a second, and you can contact this on the mail bag every Sunday as long as we have this podcast, and we do it on Sundays, we have the mail bag, you can send it Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com and send your name if you want credit on the show, and we'll read some of these random questions. We haven't open Ohio. Aw, so we need to start this properly. Yes, it's all right, Thank you the great Ohio. AL appreciate that as always. So these are actual emails, some actual listeners to the show. And I was debated there was I had like three or four that were of the conspiracy theory kind of email. I thought, well, when I originally put this together back on Friday, I was like, well, I probably won't use these because you know, you're more like the vegan guy and all that. But but after yesterday's podcast, I think that it's required that we go down this road. I think that we have to go down this road, and so we will. Mike writes in and he said, guys, I want to know what you guys thought of a Simpsons episode being pulled from television after President Trump's assassination attempt because it paralleled the incident. What do you guys think about that? Well, I don't know anything about this, Alex, this particular story, but my initial thought is the Simpsons has been on the air for like thirty years, right, at least thirty years. Oh, they've they've just thrown so yeah, you're right, probably closer to forty years. Maybe it is forty years. But they've put so many different episodes together, so many different things that have taken place there that people there is a thing called patternicity, yes, where people look for patterns and things that aren't synchronicity, Yes, related and all that stuff. So I know that's the case, but it is wild over the years, how many things that The Simpsons has put out there that have turned out.
Speaker 3: To too many be very similar to real life. So well, see, I've kind of looked into this a lot. And the Matthew Groining guy that's like the creator of it and everything, he trips me out because there's been interviews of him where he's asked pretty blatantly about future predictions or just kind of it's called like you're basically trying to lower the sense of shock factor, right, So there's a term for it where you put in front of people it'll come back to me. But they basically said that The Simpsons was created originally to be a fun show, a cartoon for families to enjoy, but since it's fame and it's following got so massive desensitized there, they wanted to use it to not only desensitize, but to predictively program individuals into what's coming because of mass belief and just basically creating a lifestyle behind it that it brings it to life. So per example, there's a thing called the Mendela effect, and so Mendela back in the day, there was this huge thing where everybody woke up and called the news station and was like, what happened to Mandela?
Speaker 1: What happened to him.
Speaker 3: We heard he died, like I heard he got shot everything, And the news station's freaking out. They're like, we don't know anything. So they're looking into it that Mendela was fine, he was just at home. But there was so many people, it was like hundreds, if not thousands, that all had the same quote unquote of him dying, and so they all woke up and specifically said they remember it happening, but they can't explain it. So to me, I have this theory that The Simpsons is almost like that, but more of a futuristic side, where they're predictively programming you into telling you, in a sense, what is to come. And so there was like this one scene I'll remember that you're referencing with Trump where he's like going down an escalator. Oh he's waving, dude, and there's like this kid holding a sign and the same freaking thing plays out scene for scene, and it's like, dude, is it just telling us what's to come? Are they showing us what they'll make? I don't know the specifics, but to me, in an eternalized conversation, it really seems to me that there is some kind of validity there of maybe either they're predicting, showing or creating, because I do believe in the Boogeyman concept, Ben, or sitting in something so long and you believe it so much, Bloody Mary, bloody Mary, bloody Mary. You almost believe it's real because your mind gives it so much life. That's why I always say, be careful what you say. You could give it life, would doubt, Ben, there is something there with the Simpsons. And I even know this all references how you said they pulled an episode. There's a big show on HBO called The Boys. Have you heard of it? I have none, Okay, So it's a superhero show. And basically they just released a statement saying for the season finale, something along what happened to Trump happens in the season finale. So they just want to let everybody know it's all satire. It's it's just a show. It's not real or show. It's just wild. How so many things correlate. And I still will say this, Ben, I don't know if you've touched on it on the show. I don't think that was real at all. The whole thing that happened with Trump. I think it was set up, It was a plot. Everything, it was just it just doesn't seem real. Oh, Ben, how I'll just tell you this, who are the last two presidents to get shot at? Are they still alive? I'll just rest my case. It just doesn't seem because he's raising his fist and he's standing there like a martyr, like they just really want this guy to be the guy.
Speaker 1: I feel they're trying anything to make him that dude.
Speaker 3: Well, if it was so, you think that Trump people shot, No, I think it's deeper. I think the people who are in this, like the ones who choose presidents and stuff, I think they really want everybody to get behind him. That's why they chose Biden, made him just k in front of us. I think it's because where the world is going, Ben, they need somebody quote unquote crazy that'll do all this. That's why the Supreme Court passed that crap that literally makes him a king. Now he doesn't have to like there's no repercussions for shit he can do. It's just fucking wild how they're setting everything up to basically have it to where shit can pop off once he gets into office and everybody will back him and say like you know trauma is like, dude, I don't know, just from what I've seen listen to and see just heard from in front of us and went back and watched it. I don't know, Ben, Like, how do you set all that up and missed? Like, I don't know, dude, it's just it's too weird. The play out, how he showed himself secret Service reaction, people in the crowd.
Speaker 1: It just seemed like a scene to me. I don't know, personally, I can't prove it. Of course it was a scene. Yeah, like I I'll leave that. He'll be on your own ar on that. I will. That's fine, that's why. And I'm not going there. But you mentioned the Mandela effective. I have used a lot over the years. It's a similar concept. There was this movie back in the nineteen sixties called The Man that Shot Liberty Van Yes, Yes, And the line in that was when the legend becomes the fact, you print the legend right. And it's the same a concept. When enough people believe something, you go with this like the tinker Bell effect is another way to say that, right, that if people believe that fairies are real, fairies are real, right, I mean, if enough people put force into it. I mean even history Ben, who's his story? How do we know everything's real? We don't, all right, Next up on the mail bag, Well, this is right in your wheelhouse. And I wasn't going to use this one, but this is from Dave in southern California. He says, Hey guys, he said hi Danny, but he didn't know you were here. But this is better for you than Danny Alex. He says, UCLA is going to be they're trying to build a plant filled rooftop garden. He said, he read this this week. Okay, design specifically for psychedelic assisted therapy sessions at UCLA. Okay, would you guys be interested in this? Now? This was for me and Danny, not for you. It sounds like you've already taken part in some of these psychedelic assistant therapy sessions.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you enjoyed your time doing thousand percent. I think personally, not only this is a great idea, but there's been studies done now that are actually clinically done, studies with backing from majors colleges and actually different type of big known like I think even what is it called Kaiser's getting on this, but they're testing on people with like schizophrenia, they're testing on people with PTSD, they're testing with people with multiple personality disorders. Like there's so many things that they're testing these on. It's almost like it's opening some part of the cerebral in our brains that's letting us be more interjecting and opening to different things or healing certain things. So to me, I think it's the same concept of marijuana. I know, marijuana was illegalized and all that stuff because you know, the black man's gonna write people, but they like try to do this whole thing, because if you go back then, it was just because of the paper industry was scared of hemp could have taken over.
Speaker 1: It's cheaper, it's more durable, et cetera.
Speaker 3: They were terrified of it, and they didn't like how the stoners in the seventies and sixties were fighting back about like why are we numb? Like where are we just peace and love? They hated that crap. So to me, I think this is the same concept that since it has so much benefits to opening up people's minds and healing and having these abilities, people are scared of it. And that's why the whole merit. The narrative behind has been so negative because we didn't know any better. So I truly believe, just like marijuana, it has healing effects, but it is a double edged sword. Ben everything is. You can eat too much, you could drink too much water. I just believe if you do it for healing purposes and it's used in a clinical setting or a very safe setting, or something that people can be protected by or watch or observed kind of like a DD like a designated driver for people drinking, I think it can be a very enlightening experience if you're open to it, and something that could heal you and kind of kill your ego to think better of yourself. So I'm all for it, dude, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I I don't know that I love it. I would like to see if there's ways. We have so many people that listen to our Overnight show that have a lot of veterans that were in the military. Yes, have really serious problems from stuff they saw that no human beings should see in battle, and they're they're really in tough shape and they can't sleep, they don't live normal lives. If there's some kind of magic mushroom that you could take, and that's what they're doing, like clinical trials. I'm totally for that. The problem, obviously, there's really no way to get around this is you go to places like La and San Francisco where there are people who are using psychedelic drugs walking around like it's a zombie apocalypse bobeah, And that's the that's what people think of when they think of those drugs. They think of going to San Francisco and you're wandering around and you're like, well, wait a minute, here is what is going on. Zombie apocalypse movie. Here, this is the Tenderloin district and everyone's walking around like they don't know where they are, who they are. Yeah, they're fried. I get you.
Speaker 3: And like, there's a big thing now that's called microdosing where people will take like a gram or less every single day for a week and live an entire week basically on a low dosage of a psychedelic adventure. And so I've seen that.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: And it's just like alcohol though, ben like people can drink every day. There's alcoholics and they're function functioning alcoholics. I see it with the same concept. But to me, I think it's all again about the direction and the focus and what you're using it for. So a lot of veterans and people who have been through some really mind altering and depleting and just disastrous things where you literally can't get it out of your head. What if it's possible to take something in a controlled environment where it makes you face these demons and have this better innerstanding of it to move forward from it that you were incapable of before. I think that's something at least of interest or investment to help people live better lives. Dude, Like, That's what I'm about. But again, Ben, you are right, it doesn't matter what we do. There's always going to people who harass it or overuse it or abuse it. I do know that, But I just think the positivities to it and the things that can help are so much more invested. And it just comes down to people being mature, Ben, like, just no one to do it. Don't drink every day. Maybe have it at like a wedding or something like, don't trip out on trooms every day, get together with good people, go to Joshua Tree and do it and just experience something, you know, like it's just it's simple to me, you know, I don't think it has that crazy go out to the woods.
Speaker 1: All right. Next on the mail bag, we have Reggie. He did not say worries from I think Reggie's the guy from Detroit that's emailed us a few times. Reggie with questions. He says, Ben, I know you love Costco. They are now selling emergency food kids that have a twenty five year shelf life. And is this something that you would be interested in when you go to costcom? So Reggie, I, A, I've never heard of that. Be Ah, I don't know. He says. They have alex, they have pasta, alfredo, teriaki, rice, other food dishes that you can make up to one hundred and fifty servings. Well, what happened? Here's my thing? Reggie's like, what happens when you get to you need serving one fifty one?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Then say that's it? We're done? Yes, I don't. Are you a doomsday pepper guy? You're not.
Speaker 3: So you do not go down there. No, because this is simple, Ben. If the entire society the grid crashes, no one's surviving. Nobody knows how to forest, Nobody knows how to forage. Nobody has like farming a nobody's prepared for it, dude, And especially in cities and where we live, we're all theft like it's there's no way to survive that. And if you want a hermit and live in your house for years, to say, how does that sound fun? How is that enjoyable? If you're not prepared living off grid already and have your own land that's ten twenty miles away from all of society, you're not gonna survive. And if you try to, it's not gonna be like these fun movies, like a quiet place or a zombiepot. It's not gonna be fun. You're gonna be in hell. It's gonna be terrifying. Everybody's gonna lose their shit. There's no civil anymore. It's gonna dude. It's just preparing for that kind of stuff. It's just a propaganda of selling you shit you're not gonna use, because trust me, when shit pops off like that, Ben, you're not to survive. You're not even gonna get to one hundred and fifty. Like you said, it's impossible. You don't know how to clean water. You don't know how to prepare yourself from radiation client. Like, dude, I just say, if you're gonna be like somebody like that Ben, you better do all of it right. Like, I don't want to see you tip your toes in the radium. Oh yeah, I worked there, you know, on the weekends. But I'm gonna be a coast to coast hot. You better live and breathe it every day, you know what I'm saying. Like, I think it's just such a stupid concept. And if you're not really doing all of it, don't waste your time. Although, Reggie, from what you describe here, like one hundred dollars for one hundred and fifty meals. If it's not bad, You're luck is not bad.
Speaker 1: It's not I mean, forget waiting for an emergency. I mean, that's that's a pretty good value, right. I don't think it tastes very good. I don't know. Maybe it tastes fine, But these are these meals probably where you just had water, I would guess, r yes, yes, So what if there's no water? What if there's no clean water? You go? How do you make your pasta alfredo? If there's no water? What are you supposed to do no idea. I want my pasta Alfredo. What's wrong with you? Come on, I need my Terryoki Rice. Shame on you. I'm just telling you. Ben.
Speaker 3: I'm on TikTok a bunch and I see all these doomed Today pressers. They're like, you need to have this generator, you need to have this book. Nobody's gonna survive. Okay, stop it stop just you're not prepared. Okay, Like stop, all right, there you go.
Speaker 1: What is next? It's the mail bag, Alex. We're doing coast to coast audition weekend here on the show. I think we're doing damn good on this. Ryan from Shrewsbury in mass writes in in the Commonwealth says, Hello, gentlemen, I'm trying to become a regular emailer to the show. I've sent emails before, but this is the first email as an engaged man. Wow, congratulatives. Congratulations Ryan. He says, I proposed back on July fourth, and it was a perfect day in time to propose, and I'm I'm very excited for the future. See that's a smart move, because you'll never July fourth, You'll never forget. You don't have to work unless you're work in radio, and then you might be forced to work. Yeah, exactly, But if you have a real job outside of the business, you don't have to worry about that, and so you don't work on the fourth July. You know what it is? Every year, it's always like a big event, and so that's wonderful. My niece was actually born on the fourth of July, so she'll never have to go to school on her birthday. A little kid. She's eight years old, but she'll never have to go to school on her birthday. And Ryan said, very excited about the future. My question is, how do you guys think. Who do you guys think is the greatest TV character of all time? I personally think it's Tony Tony Sperano or Sporrano. Soprano soprano. I'm confusing him with the Dolphins, he says, Tony Soprano or Walter White. He says, very close. Second, Wow, that's going to Ryan. Well, I'm old school. I love like mcgiver. Back in the day, I thought mcgiver could fix everything with a Swiss army knife and some duct tape. I thought that was pretty cool. Homer Simpson, Yes, very relatable to a lot of people. Homer Simpson, Right, what about you? Do you consume boo entertainment? Alex Is. I don't feel like you consume a lot of the entertainment. I don't think this is really in your wheelhouse. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Well, you are correct as to now, this present me does not consist of movies, television, any of that stuff. I've been very inner growth of inderstanding my own thoughts and stuff. Right, but I will tell you through my escapade of entertainment watching when I was younger, high school, college, et cetera. I'm such a LOYALISTIL kind of like mold this question. I love so many of Jim Carrey's roles, Like I mean, you can go through any of them, from The Mask or from ace Ventura or even when he plays what's the one where he's in the Truman Show. Like, he has such an interesting ability to become these characters that are so engaging to me because it shows the ability of depth of being everything right, like no holding back. He's like one of a kind like Robin Williams to me. So those type of actors and the roles they play, they're so iconic to me. I feel like there's just something that can't be done again, if that makes sense, And there's so many people who try to emulate it. It's insane to me. But I think that that's the best way to answer it, because I can't think of a specific character that really just stands the test of time. For me, that's just that above the rest.
Speaker 1: Right, are you? Like you're talking about the the remakes of these old like Indiana Jones they've yeah made with different characters, or Star Wars. Right. I watched the first three episodes of Star Wars and then I haven't seen any of them since they're terrible. Now, don't waste your time. That's it.
Speaker 3: They're so bad. When Disney bought it, we got out. It's bad.
Speaker 1: They went woke, right, it's so bad. Yeah, like Ghostbusters another one, you don't need to make a female Ghostbuster. Of course nobody watched it, so they lost a ton of money.
Speaker 3: But see, like that's what shows me how bad that stuff is been is they're literally trying to get you from nostalgic reasons and then push in a political agenda into you for money. It's like, dude, just make something new. I'll go watch something new. Like I just yeah, It's the other thing is people go for entertainment. They don't want I have no things shoved down the I'm good at all.
Speaker 1: You just don't need it. Just go there and have you know, you think of the movies even before you were alive, and the old comedies like in the eighties that could never be made.
Speaker 3: Like oh god, yeah, dude, good luck. I mean you could even go to recent things like American Pie.
Speaker 1: Good Luck.
Speaker 3: Now that'd be misogynistic and stuff like dude, like what happened is this comedy?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 3: If you can't laugh at yourself, I don't want to hear you say one joke in your lifetime, seriously, Like that's just crazy to me.
Speaker 1: No, exactly. I agree. Well, the other there's there's a couple of problems. I have some friends that work in that that ecosystem in Hollywood, and they they tell me, they're like, well, listen, it's like the problem is it takes a ton of money to make the movies, right, So they have to get the budget, so they have to prove to the people that invest in the movie they're going to make a profit. So the way they do that is they go to all these old franchises that they know, have been tested and people like them. The other problem is they have to they have the global audience, right America is the biggest consumer of movies yet, but they sell the movies to other countries and to get a movie cleared in certain parts that have very strict conservative rules, like in parts of the world the Middle East or in China, it is a very difficult thing. So you can't have anything racy or over the top because it will you will not make any money in those countries. Right, So there's a lot, a lot of spinning plates going on. It's a lot of spinning plates.
Speaker 3: It's too much to worry about, Like why not just focus on making a good product, Like that's the stuff I care about. I don't care who's the leading actor. I don't care if it's a male or female. I don't care about the race. I just want a good movie. That's all. I want to leave and think about something. So, for example, Ben one of the recent movies I've actually seen because I just was interested. I don't know how much of m Night Shamalama Dingong stuff you've watched. Have you ever seen any of his work like the Village and different stuff? Signs and stuff like that. No, I don't think it has okay, so he kind of has like the deeper concepts of things outside of perception.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So we had this new movie called The Watchers, and so I wanted to see it because I was fascinated of this concept of people trapped in this in the woods, in this little house and they're being watched by something. So like those type of things I'm into because it challenges your perception of what you think is real. And also it keeps you at the edge of your seat with plot twists and turns, and like, that's the stuff I'm into. I don't care about objectives. Just give me something to where I leave the movie or the new one, the Quiet Place, like the prequel that takes you to Day one showing how these aliens come from space, and like maybe it's a government. That's the stuff I like. Is make me think. I don't want to sit there and be like, oh, okay, maybe I'm not a good citizen, you know, like a I don't like that, dude, Yeah yeah, Or it feels like I'm of course you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree with you. The mayor of Fulton, Mike writes in he says, Conetchiua, Ben and Alex. I'm as I am sure you already covered it on an earlier episode, but I hope you had a great time in Fresno. Ben, I hear it's beautiful this time of your Fresno wonderful, that nice heat that never leaves the ground, and just you're you're like sitting in a rotisseri. You're like a chicken rotating around in fresh No. It's wonderful. Mike says, I probably should have waited until Danny g was back for this question, but I'll ask anyway. Are you guys fans of two D or three D animation? Pixar movies are great and all, but I prefer more traditional.
Speaker 3: Two D anime. Wow, Mike, and perfect question for me, unless it's come on then hear the anime SEMPI, I know you know this, Come on, well, are you.
Speaker 1: Still in the anime World's still your jam? Yes? Yes, I would say. I like his take.
Speaker 3: I think that personally, I prefer hand drawn animation over digital tron like all this stuff on websites and stuff now, because I feel it's really authentic and you can see the human element to it. So I do see his belief in two D. It's more simplistic, it's more human, and it's more real because of the time and effort. So for somebody to make a show back then, Ben, it took weeks, dude, weeks of drawing, if not months, And now they can do it in a week because of how easy it is to consist this stuff. And so to me, like it's like the whole concept of movies in parlay, this is the last one. It just takes away the authenticity, the human element and the true nature touch of being individualistic, like unique. It's it's getting watered down. So that's why I've kind of moved away from anime because it's just become popularized here in this show.
Speaker 1: Oh you have all yeah news, I know tough. You were like fully into it. You were all you were going to anime convention. I was hosting stuff. I know, Yes, from anime.
Speaker 3: I just know when to stop gambling. Like I've never had an issue in Vegas where I'm up a thousand, I'm like, oh wit, no, I'm good, Like this is more than I should win. I'm walking away. So it's like the same with anime. COVID changed everything Hollywood got invested when I start seeing anime shows now like Crunchy Role, which is basically the Netflix of anime, having their own award show and having like Megan the Stallion like I'm like, I'm good, I'm good. I don't want to be PC. I don't want to be Hollywood. That's why anime was dope. It's because it was a niche. It was something nobody liked. But now that everybody likes it, Like the stupid superhero movies. When I was in high school, Ben, like you getting picked on for wearing a superhero shirt. Now those same guys are taking their kids wearing Captain America's shirts.
Speaker 1: I hate that shit.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't like when it's inclusive because it's popularized. No, suck it, go out of here. I want authentic nature and truly people doing it because they love it. That's why we love radio. People are getting the radio for money, Ben, they do it because they love it. That's why it's dope. Yeah, no, I hear it.
Speaker 1: It reminds me when I first started in radio in the in the Stone Age in San Diego, and they hosted Comic Con. Yes every year they still do, but comic con was just where the nerds got together. Yes, and then people in like big entertainment companies realized, wait a minute, this is an audience that will buy our product, and so then they commercialized it and made it this massive conglomerate. It's it's kind of like what we're dealing with in sports. I know you're not a sports guy, even though you're you're one of the big big shots in boxst radio, but it's what we deal with in our sports, where it was just you know, mom and pop businesses that owned they were mom and pop owned teams. It was no nerd territory. It was all jocks in the field of the game. Now it's it's analytics, it's nerds. Its ivy league guys that have taken over and hijacked it, and it's it's an invasive species, is what it is.
Speaker 3: Then you even talked about it like or I know it was mentioned before and other things. It's like, now, all of a sudden, we're WNBA fanatics and we're all about it all of a sudden, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of bullshit is that?
Speaker 3: And now there are all these shows and hosts talking about Oh, you know, about three years ago, I knew she was, what the you don't even know who she is? Like, I just it's the same shit, Ben, It gets into everything. It just pisses me off.
Speaker 1: It's like God's not being fake to be accepted be you dude, Oh yeah, that blows me away. There are guys I know, I've known in radio for twenty years that have just slayed the WNBA what terrible it is, or just ignored it. And now I hear them and I'm like, what am I listening to? Like they're like breaking these games down, like people are actually care about them and know who these teams are and these player other than Kaitlyn Clark. I will give Caitlyn clarker due. She's sure a very well known female basketball player. Nobody knows ninety nine percent of these other players. And yet I'm hearing on my sports radio people breaking it down like this, we're doing broadcasting. We're not doing We're narrow casting. I was like, well, that you're doing narrow casting when you're doing it, it's because I don't understand. I do not get it.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, but I think it's because of the child, the media, child of TV and big following TV shows all getting on board with it, so everybody feels if I don't get on board, I'm a part of the problem. Just like everything else in society. When social things happen, they feel like they need to be out there. Like they weren't even flying on commercials, they were getting their own tickets. Ben, the WNBA. Now everybody's like, yeah, they need to have their own play. Where were you two years ago? Where were you now? You want to fight for them because everybody else is back with BLM Ben, Everyone's like, oh, let's put a locked out Tuesday posts on my Instagram?
Speaker 1: Where were you two years ago? Now?
Speaker 3: Like, I just hate when people follow the bandwagon bend because it's not real.
Speaker 1: It's fake. You show me who you are.
Speaker 3: That's why Again with the anime scene, I kept seeing these fake fans come up to me like, oh, I love your animal you show you don't even watch anime. Let's stop it.
Speaker 1: How do you really feel? How do you I feel good?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: Thank you for try to let yourself go a little bit out. Thank you. Let it rip. I We'll do a few more on the mail bag. Alf in the powder room says, gentlemen, have you ever in the light or dark? Either? Sat down to take a number two, bare ass on the seat seat lid, presuming that it was up, or on the toilet rim because someone left the seat up. Also, have you ever been clothed attempting to sit down on aforementioned toilet to put your shoes on, thinking that the lid was closed and you actually almost fell in? So, he says, to summarize a bare ass on seat down, be bare ass on rim seat up or closed cloth on a toilet close on toilet seat thinking lid was down. Wow, so uh yeah, I have I see I would be the one for me. I've sat down on the toilet thinking the lid was down, and much to my surprise, it was. It was not he says, I'm asking ALP says, I'm asking for a friend. And none of these events have ever happened to me when getting up in the middle of the night to listen to the Ben Maller Show. Of course not of course, not understandable. Yeah, any of any of those problems there with the toilet I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To think because I'm like the weird guy who thinks like putting just a roll like a four plies of toilet paper on a seat protects me from germs. I don't know why. It's like that makes no sense to me. But I have done that before where I'm so tired and I go in there and sit and I share a house like well, you know, with my sister and it bought one for my mother living and stuff. So like there's been times where I'll forget to put the lid down and you know, you get scolded and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, so I've like I've never fell into a toilet, but I have had those moments where like it's just like I get a download and just like my ringing in my ear and I'm bare asked about to go in the shower, so I just sit down on the toilet on the top. Let it just sit there kind of like cross like I'm about to be a statue painter. And I just think to myself, So, yeah, I've done that before, but never fallen in or never you know, thankfully myself.
Speaker 1: All right, Fred Fred and Phoenix's Ben and Ben and Alex. We lost Richard Simmons and doctor Ruth on the on the same day last weekend, and nobody really talked about them because of what happened with President Trump. Do you have any favorite memories of these two here? So I would think these are before your time, Alex. I do know both those.
Speaker 3: I know that she was the one that had like the accent and giving like advice about sex and different stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, she's an old Jewish woman, yeah, Germany who was like I read a oh bit on doctor Ruth that she was during World War Two. She was like a sniper. Yeah, look that up. I don't think I believe I read that my accurately. Yeah, and she you know, her family had to escape Germany because the Germans didn't like the Jews and so uh anyway, so she, yeah, she was like a sniper, and then she came a sex a transition, you know. She she became famous in radio.
Speaker 3: Did you know That's what I heard, like late night over with callers and stuff, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She had sex advice late at night and that's where she became a star, and then crossed over into television. And then Richard Simmons when I was a kid, all these yeah, yeah, he was a very feminine fitness. Yes, did a lot of video VHS tapes and whatnot, and he was for his time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, both both of these were tremendous characters. I wonder if they ever met. I wonder if Richard Simmons and doctor rug I'd say no, I'd say no, I did. I told my I told my wife when Richard Simmons died that he spent as far as I know, most of his life constantly working out, eating well right, worrying about fitness and all that. And my dad, who passed away back in twenty twenty one, early twenty twenty one, did none of those things and only lived two years less. So I I mean, you know what, I didn't really believe working out too much. Yeah, didn't eat all that healthy, and yet they still lived about the same life. Wow.
Speaker 3: It really comes down to jeanetics and the type of food you eat and what's inside of it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Last one's Zach in Ohio. He's offered to host the Mallard Meet and greet at a future What a copy in twenty twenty five, He's got to follow. Now, you were not with us last week, Alex, So he gives a recap. He says, the first incident of me exposing myself to one of my wife's blood related family members was on her his wife has a identical twin. Wait, I'm sorry, what Yeah, yeah, his wife has an identical twin. If I remember the story Zach was telling us, He's like, it was late. It was late. He didn't realize his sister was at the house. He went to the I think he went to the bathroom maker or whatever, and yeah, and his twin and his wife's oh my god. Yeah. Anyway, he said, she never told me her twin was coming over. However, the second time was on me. It was my fault, Zach says. What he says, So the day after I presented my my penis to her sister, her mother, my mother in law, whom has a key to our townhouse, was supposed to come by and pick up our dogs. Oh no, he Zach then says, his wife, Sarah was going out of town for the weekend to stay at her sister's house in Cayoga Falls in Ohio. There and I had I had back to back events at the bar. He's a big, big shot. He manages a big bar there in Columbus. And he says, as Zac says, and I was going to be putting in fourteen hours for both Friday and Saturday. I was informed I forgot. After she left, I took an early afternoon nap, naked, of course, on the couch. At around three pm, I was woken by a gentle nudge on the shoulder. Oh God, by my sweet mama in law. She said, Zach, I'm here to pick up taffy. Do you want me to get you some shorts? Zach now says there's only her dad, uncle and grandma now that have not seen his twig and berries there, So.
Speaker 3: Oh that's from Zach. Well one good family barbecue. You cannoll get all three in the night?
Speaker 1: So wow about that, Zach Man, oh man, get a you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm wonder bed, Like what kind of evil doings could like identical twins get into, Like really think about that, Like if you look so similar, you could literally wife swap and nobody would know, Like if you really wanted to do it, Like, how would you tell the difference is there? What if they're like aneurysms are the same, the way they talks the same, Like I've been seeing so many things of these studies, how identical twins can finish each other's sentences, like they think the same. Like it's it's kind of wild. To think of the power they hold if they really wanted to be evil.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, but we might as well have to put a ball on this weekend. We might as well put a ball on this. That the the theory that everyone has an identical twin, that's somewhere in the world, there's someone that looks justice You're dog. I believe. I believe that. I've seen I've seen people that look almost not to me per se, but I'm sure there's somebody out there that looks like me, and I feel bad for that person. They're not doing very well. But but yeah, no, Sair, I mean, I think there's there's definitely I do buy that theory that there's someone that you weren't born from the same mother or whatever, but there's somebody out there that has a very similar or.
Speaker 3: Sat It has to like. I mean, I've played enough video games when I was a kid. With your customization for characters, there's only so many options. Eventually you're gonna run into a character that looks like yours. I have no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll leave it. There been a fun weekend. Either, I'm gonna get the coast to coast job or the podcast will be canceled. I don't know, but either way, it's been fun. Alex, thank you your podcast. How can people find you and follow you on social media all that stuff if you want.
Speaker 3: Yes, so just look me up on anything Shallow Oceans podcast. The catchphrase is so simple in a world that seems so vast, it's really not as deep as you think. And I'm gonna actually reach out the coast of ghast too, Ben. Why not let's have some fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's make some make some magic. Absolutely all right, have a wonderful rest of your Sunday, and we will have a full week of shows, no days off, no schedule days officely so I'll be back starting tonight eleven o'clock in the West, two am early Monday in the East, and I'll be with you all week on the overnight. Have a wonderful Sunday. We'll talk to you next week on the podcast and tonight on the radio.