Speaker 1: Coming up on to Get Loud podcast It's a new year, New US though resolutions.
Speaker 2: You got something I do? You already broke them, didn't you did?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Everyone? It is to get loud podcasts?
Speaker 1: Anybody see geek the official tickety partner of the Washington Commander's Jinks Smooth.
Speaker 3: You got to be grooving before the shoveling most definitely, you know, up to smoke. That's one of my gams.
Speaker 4: Christie On, I like to I'm groovy, Like I told you, I was supposed to been like thirty years old in the seventies because I'm folkus a part of greens.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to do. I'm groovy. I enjoyed. How about you?
Speaker 4: I know you like kind of hurting from what happened this weekend to your Texis longhorns by watching it was look.
Speaker 3: How happy you are?
Speaker 4: No, no, listen, I had no dog in the fight, Like I told people that, I feel like Michigan was gonna beat Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yep, so that takes the sec I have to fight.
Speaker 4: I just feel like Michigan was the best team the game I did not knew about and I could not I guess was Texas washing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I felt like we got beat by the better team. And sometimes that's just the way that I try to look at a big picture. Like before the season, if you had told me you're gonna win the conference, you're gonna play in the college football semi final, I wouldn't set.
Speaker 4: Any day any any any day of the week.
Speaker 2: So it hurts, but the trip was great. Had New Year's even New Orleans, what did I would know what you did for New Year's Eve?
Speaker 4: Listen, New Year's is overrated to me, like it's it's a day of commerce, like the one thing Fred Smooth won't be getting beat by It's days of commerce, all right, And I know holidays that only builped off comers the first day of the year. I usually, for some reason, like us to be sick on New Year's Like are usually like catch one cold year. It usually happens doing New Year, right, It didn't happen this year. Me and town just went out, had dinner, chill.
Speaker 3: We ain't do much.
Speaker 4: We ain't do much because New Year's is I'm not coming to your establishment and let you charge me five times around just because it's New Year's. So I don't even like that about Valentine Day when.
Speaker 2: We were New Orleans.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend, the lovely Catherine, she had never really gets my buck. Okay, yeah, so we went to the casino because you know what's right there, and we just pulled out a couple hundred bucks fifty dollars. It was minimum fifty dollars, which for me is a lot of money lost. The first time, I was mad man because I had a sixteen. You playing blackjack, all right, all right, and I should have hit that sixteen.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it because he had a seven. I was trying to get cute.
Speaker 3: I was so bad. And then we went back. Yeah, we went back on.
Speaker 2: Four straight hands, doubled down on a couple and I was like, baby.
Speaker 3: We gotta walk on right now. Did you pay for the trip?
Speaker 2: Did you pay for I didn't pay for the trip, but she got that buck.
Speaker 4: She's like, I think we could have made a grand I was like, nope, don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's how that's how they get you.
Speaker 4: That's how to building state built exactly, it's not built because they lose, right, all right, understand that. And that's what I tell people all the time. I'll never forget me and my ex wife went to Vegas one year. We go down to the crap table. She's like, maybe I'm tired. We just left the concert. I'm getting to the room. I was like, I'm gonna stay here at the scrap table because I'm a momentum guy and I like to talk, So crap.
Speaker 3: Is my game's perfect for you.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to play Mary and Barbara walks up and I know him because I had just played in Minnesota at the time.
Speaker 3: He was a Minnesota Gopher.
Speaker 4: That's right, and he had got drafted to the Cowboys. He walks up, and another dude walks up, and let's just.
Speaker 3: Call him Todd. We're gonna call him Todd.
Speaker 4: Older guy, established tycoon, Like okay, and we just all started talking. We don't start gambling instantly. We just start talking to each other. Then we started gambling. We kept the dice between the three of us for like an hour.
Speaker 3: And five minutes.
Speaker 4: Did you really We kept the dice so long that I could tell that the casino was sending coolers down, like when they sending oh yeah, this bad luck, like I was born with bad luck.
Speaker 3: Hey, they were sitting like.
Speaker 4: We kept the dice so long that when we cast out. I casht out at like six five seventy Mayor and bable fifty tycoon got ninety thousand. Oh my god, So the casino lost right at thirty three hundred thousand right there with just the three us on the crap table. That's how hot we got. And you think I was talking trash. I was letting them have it, like that's my thing. That's why I only play craps because I feel like it's the only equal game in the casino.
Speaker 2: I think it's the best odds in the casino.
Speaker 4: They can't control it, and I can bet when somebody gonna fail. Like so it ain't like I always got a bit on the winner. I think it's the most even game. I just don't get caught up in the cards. I think the cards can be manipulated. Yeah, different than the crap game. Well that's I was trying to tell. I was like, listen, trust me, this always goes bad. At some point, we gotta walk down where head let's enjoy, go get the young backs.
Speaker 3: And we did.
Speaker 1: So. Do you have any New Year's resolutions? We talked about a little bit. You said you already broke yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, New Year's lives is what I call.
Speaker 4: We all get together and tell I said, you know what, I'm gonna be a better met this year. And this is how I'm gonna be a better me by doing this. I myself a bike, so up in the store, ride a bicycle or my motorcycle, know a bicycle, okay, bicycle because I want to work out, Oh yeah, yeah, I want to. I don't want to screen the joints. I already put too much pressure on them. Feet already bad. Don't want nothing. I bought me a bike. I'm gonna ride the bike. B Mitch in Santana already like years ahead of.
Speaker 2: Me because they are part of a club or something.
Speaker 3: B Mitch is part of a bike gang. That's what I told him.
Speaker 4: They called of a bike or gang that bicycles like they would go like thirty miles.
Speaker 3: It's thirty miles back. I ain't ready for that, right a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start off slow into my biking career now, Jinx. I gotta be honest with you as a man of the cloth, I have always said, because you know what, I really get mad when I pull up and I'm ride down the street and it's a biker wearing those biking shorts with the butt paths in it.
Speaker 3: Yep, I said the whole year I said, never me, Never would Fred Smooth do it. I had to buy something the other day, diet it. I did it.
Speaker 4: You have the helmet on, the tight shirt, I'm not. I'm not gonna put it on. I'm kind of ashamed to put the whole fit on.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Still, it got butt paths in it.
Speaker 4: Like if you're gonna ride that long though, that's what they tell me. If you're gonna ride along, you gotta have these butt paths. But me myself, never, I'm gonna take a picture of it. It's gonna be a picture of shame. But I am gonna do it. Hiking it's one of my things that I kind of lost in the last two years. I love the hike. I love the weardness. I love to just go in the woods. So I'm gonna get back into my hiking. And I'm a cave crawler like I have been through the Shannondoorlunker, Yes I am. I have been through the Shannondoor. So I gotta get back to the basics. That's what I said I'm gonna do for my New Year's resolution. I'm gonna get back to Daniel Boone aka Fred Smooth the Third like because i feel like I'm in my happiness when I'm like in the woods doing something that technology can't help me with. I'm gonna get back to that type stuff. So just nature period. That's what I said for this year, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: What about yourself?
Speaker 1: I told you I want to meditate more because here's the thing. If you if you're around me enough, yes, I'm always like moving around, always on my phone. Yeah, I'm fidgety because when I'm doing this show, I gotta work on my show for tomorrow. When I'm doing with that, I got something else to do. Like sometimes like my girl will be like, hey maab just just chill chill off for a little bit.
Speaker 2: So I did that yesterday. And once I do that, then I calm.
Speaker 1: Just a little and I do chill out a little more. And when you do that, it starts to affect your health. You can kind of get crazy.
Speaker 4: So I'm trying to work because you got to have metabolism, Like you just got a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: Like that's not a bad thing. That's keeping you looking young because I see people your age I'm trying man like they got lebron face. I'm just saying that I'm.
Speaker 1: Always moving, so I'm trying to find that battance screen. I want to be active, you know, but not to but not too active where I can't, like, enjoy things a little bit more. I think that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: Well, I always say this about people for New Years. Tell you a lie to yourself and try to at least make fifty percent of it correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you said this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my boy rock cot right New Years. Yeah, this year, I'm just gonna be a nice of me. Okay, I like that a good thing because he can be a meanie. He got Napoleon. Come correct here, ain't gonna be a meanie. But what I'm saying is I like people that just make simple like he is reserve simple.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just gonna be a nice of me. That's it.
Speaker 4: And as we get older, I think we started to focus on the stuff that really matters, because when we're younger, we like, you know, what my New Year's resolutionists is to make six million dollars this year. Like we get these crazy astronomical things when we're younger, when we're old, it's just simple.
Speaker 3: We want peace.
Speaker 4: Yes, everybody trying to find peace, And that's what I think the onest thing in the world is. Because you got work and that's turbulent. You got family, that's turbulent.
Speaker 3: Peace. Where is your enter peace? Well?
Speaker 4: Mine is walking through caves, all right, So I might have to go to big numb and go to the biggest cave. You love that cave shun dung Hung. I do what is it.
Speaker 2: Called sung dung Hung sung dung Houng.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably didn't put that that right because I'm Southern. That's all right.
Speaker 2: At least you know about it. Most people don't even know about it.
Speaker 4: Listen, you could fit Manhattan in this cave. It's that big, vertically wide. It has its own atmosphere, has its own cloud system, it has its own everything. It's so big that we don't even know how big it is because we haven't explored the whole cave, meaning we could live. We could take a civilization and live in that cave.
Speaker 1: Well, this probably will not keep people calm, but yeah, if you had to look back at last week's game, you need to talk about it.
Speaker 2: A little bit one.
Speaker 3: As bad as people thought it was gonna.
Speaker 1: Be, because there were some good things about it, maybe in the red zone.
Speaker 2: At the end, talent kind of won out.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 4: I felt like this was I gotta get these guys respect because I have been here where they at. I've been on the team that was four and twelve. Yeah, they ain't stopped playing. I respect that all right. They could have easily been part of the All U Haul team and I already left, mentally already in the Bahamas, mentally already in Japan, wherever they want to go. They didn't do that, and we did it with youth. It was the young guys playing against Brandon. I you, it was the young guys playing against Deebo Samuels. It was the young guys playing against them. I have to get these guys props. At the end of the day, people thought we was gonna lose these guys for the the zero. These guys came out there and kept it tight for three quarters. But like you said, the talent outweighed the effort at the end of it and it was just too much for them. But I have to get these guys props on how they played and I don't believe in more victories.
Speaker 3: You know, I ain't really one of those guys that's for that.
Speaker 4: But I respect him because at this time of the year situation, and you're playing for the name on back of the jersey as much as the name on front of the jersey.
Speaker 3: So I respect him for playing like that.
Speaker 2: So who is someone I decided the football?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who you thought? I liked the way this individual perform stepped up in this.
Speaker 4: Spot beyond football with football in in this game and Kuan let's have fun Martin. Okay, I thought Kwan was physical. I thought he played Deebo tough in the slot. I thought I thought he's just I can always tell when the player when the game is slowing down for him. Yeah, it looks like the football game is slowing down for Kwan Martin. It's like, now I'm ready to like show y'all what I can really do. So I'm looking for him to really start fast next year because of what's happening at the end of this year.
Speaker 3: So Kwan Martin is.
Speaker 4: That guy that I thought got a lot of confidence from them from playing San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Even when you may get beat, it's not your best game.
Speaker 1: But when you have those moments against star players, against very good teams and you're a young guy, how much can you take from that?
Speaker 4: Oh, You're gonna take a lot from yeah, because I'm gonna pound my chest. I just shut down to you. I just ran step for step with Randy Moss. I just got in a fight with Steve Smill. I just did what I had to do. And yeah, you take that into the offseason and say, all right, now, I gotta take it to another level. They go the whole thing about it. Now that you know you belong, Now, where are you in the pecking order? Like that's what he found out this weekend. I belong in the league. Now where am I in the pecking order? And this to be continue by his work, his effort and what happens next year.
Speaker 1: Space of bills, I got a question want to ask you about how you let's pay them bills.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Honey.
Speaker 3: You guys know Honey, why not?
Speaker 2: Everybody knows?
Speaker 3: Hony.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel the power of this CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet find adventure. You're one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the funder drive Honda Civic with unavailable turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda purfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. Ain't that Bob Barker is right there. It's just very Bob Barker is right there.
Speaker 3: I got one more for you.
Speaker 1: Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combined the power of AI with premium customer service not a regular customer now premium premium to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit RTS dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 4: See I remember when my guy Ryan, you know, the guy that pays our bills. Yep, they tried to bring a recycling guy here to test my recycling knowledge. As you're schooling, I schooled him because you know what, every time they try to do this and test my knowledge. I have to one up them, all right. I knew simple things about recycling. One, they cannot recycle stuff unless it's cleaned by you first, and most people don't understand that. Oh really, So if you got glass and you got plastic and you want it to be recycled, you need to clean that first. Another thing is most things that you think you're putting in a recycled thing cannot even be recycled. So okay, you got to understand what can and what can't be recycling. And I think at the end of the day, we need to take recycling to another level because most our recycling actually does go to Asia.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know that, you need to be.
Speaker 4: On Jeopardy seriously amazing. I don't know that's what happens. I believe it we send it to Asia. I want to talk more about the NFL.
Speaker 1: But when you were talking about some of the guys that you played against, was their receiver could be a big name receiver or not? Because sometimes it's interesting how a receiver skill set for some reason just is very difficult based on your skills.
Speaker 4: Say it's about you, yeah, like like me, my, how should I say? Achilles heels with tiny receivers, right, tiny receiver with this fast quick you can lose sight of like they be like, well you in Plexico. You had no problem with Plexico. Plats go six to six. I could play basketball. I used to be a basketball player. So dealing with Randy mouse t o Plexico, that's my bag, right, bring me a Santana Moss.
Speaker 3: Are you bringing me a tik Hill coach? I need help because you know what the quick to fast.
Speaker 4: I got long hands. So if I don't get them on them, I got long arms. If I don't get it on them, I miss him. Now they got a chance to go beat me. So every match just not good for you. And that's what the NF.
Speaker 3: That's how the mL humbles you.
Speaker 4: For every guy you dominate, the NFL made three four guys that gonna dominate you. And there go the battle of attrition. They go the battle of saying, okay, let me take my notes on this. Dude, he did this, he did this on me. Next game, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna counter this with this, this and this. I'm never gonna play you the same. And that's why when I finished the league, I have a tablet of all the notes I took on every receiver I ever played, really and if I play with you more times than one, I got like added notes, this didn't work, this works, This didn't work.
Speaker 3: This works.
Speaker 4: So it's the book of smooth. It's the key of shedding everybody down because everybody got flaws. I'm gonna try to find your flaws. So if you're flyawing and your talent, I gotta find a flaw with your office coordinator on how you're gonna tect me. So it's next level deep when it comes to pro sports.
Speaker 1: How much of that do people not consider when they're thinking about preparing.
Speaker 2: You hear game film all the time, which I get.
Speaker 1: That, But there I feel like that's what separates good from exception, which is I'm gonna take notes.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a deep dip.
Speaker 1: I've got to do the research to make sure I prepare from every angle.
Speaker 3: I was a dB.
Speaker 4: I had the luxury of walking into my first mean room, d Unsandens in there, my blueprint, Dre Green, I don't have to say nothing. You don't Chuck Bailey, they all got something coming yellow jackets, yep. I walked in that room. All I did was ask questions, what how what I need to do? Yeah, one, I need you to take notes. Two, I need you to be a grass at the league. Three, I'm gonna den telling me, Hey, listen, you see that stuff Darrin Green doing. Can't about Darren Green. But Darren Green, do you run a foe to one? I'm like, no, well you.
Speaker 3: Can't do what he did.
Speaker 4: So, like, I love the fact that they were like, hey, you have to take a little bit of each player learn and say what can I translate to the field and how can I translate it to the field. So I think my knowledge that I acquired so early allowed me to be a day one starter in this league, allowed me to pray, there's the day one start in the league. And I think that's what really set kids back. Like we can have the same talent level. If your coach better than mine, I'm gonna play. You're gonna play better than me. Yeah, it's as simple as that. So can you defeat coaching? Can you exceed coaching? Can you take coaching? That's part of it.
Speaker 1: So who was one guy that gave you trouble that we might not think about. You're like, man, this dude always gives me trouble just.
Speaker 3: Based on it and Steve Smill that's famous.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would say Antonio Brian Okay, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Went to right. We're talking about those pit guys. Puts out.
Speaker 4: When they put him out, they put him out, they put him out. Tonio was like to beat me because I talked so much, and I was like, kind of thuggish.
Speaker 3: You had to outthug me.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Antonio brown with thuggish. He loved to fight and he was just right in his.
Speaker 3: Red Well, ain't no punking him, so you wanted it.
Speaker 4: And and Tonio was built like me, like when you had to play against a mirror, love yourself.
Speaker 3: The competition get a little hard.
Speaker 4: Menally, he's like me with the same height, with the same speed, with the same everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that becomes a dog fight. So in Tonio Bride and David Boston, do you remember.
Speaker 2: I remember David Boston, Ohio State, big dude.
Speaker 3: I would never forget.
Speaker 4: I walked out there my rookie year and him and LeVar because no Penn State, Ohio State.
Speaker 3: They had a little thing.
Speaker 4: They were standing by each other in pregame warmup and they were the same size.
Speaker 3: I say, LaVar is my linebacker. Why is David Boston? Right? And then he was an idiot.
Speaker 4: He would come out there and he would wear these red contact lindses Okay, so he would just look like a devil and I'm like, dude, he would wear and then he had these like he had like a piercing like right here, and he would wear it doing the game like he's not He's just throwed in every facet. And then when I say big two hundred and forty pounds of wide receiver, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, you know what this is finna be this is gonna be a day for me. I win it. So run blocking down, It's a fight.
Speaker 4: It's a literally fight. I never forget. He cracked on their green so hard. Okay, I said, you can't do my og like that. We just start a fight right on the field because I was like, it's just too much. He was an animal. He was a defensive minded offensive place. Yeah. Yeah, so it was it was different with a dog like David Boston. Like, listen to me, you had to be ready for a true battle right there. And I'm talking about all eighty plays. Ain't no playoff with this dude, right, all eighty plays.
Speaker 1: So we're getting now to the point where when we were talking playoffs here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so playoff, layoffs, layos?
Speaker 2: What is one? A storyline, a play anything.
Speaker 1: When you look back at the season thus far, we're like, man, I love that Joe Flacco is quarterbacking the.
Speaker 2: Team, or I love Lamar playing at an MVP level?
Speaker 4: Like what have you seen this season? Just overall? Do you think I really love this part of.
Speaker 2: The league this season?
Speaker 3: You know what I love?
Speaker 4: I love the fact that the law firm of Lamar, Lamar and Lamar has showed people that not only am I fingna win the MVP, I could be the best player in football.
Speaker 3: And this is what I really love. Teams had a chance to be it on him and they didn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't I they never You never thought Lamar was gonna get to the point that he runs to throw. Now he's unstoppable. Yes, right now. You gave him weapies for the first time. Zay Flowers, OHBJ.
Speaker 2: Likely Mark Andrews is out.
Speaker 3: Nothing has stunt matter?
Speaker 4: Like when I look at the Ravens team, where's the weakness?
Speaker 3: Special teams? I got the best kicker ever?
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, special team on lock defense and we top five. Yeah, offense, what you need us to do? We can run the ball at you with the quarterback, running back whoever, we can pass the ball and beat you about forty five.
Speaker 3: Them beating Miami the way they did.
Speaker 4: Them beating the forty nine ers the way they did, the most complete team in football.
Speaker 3: And I love that it's led by Lamar and Lamar and Lamar because.
Speaker 4: Nobody want to get his dude inspected. He's only just been quietly doing his job.
Speaker 3: And he's the only quarterback.
Speaker 4: And I know he is his own agent, that one MVP that has no commercials, Like point, they need to have a wild wire commercial or something. Come on, Lamar Jackson, like he has no commercial something And at the very least, like before each game, I load up with a big hogie from Sheets like anything. Hey you know what, Hey, I love blue Magic Grease. How could you not he wanted the highest paid players in the league. He's a quarterback. You know how they are they politicians?
Speaker 3: How could Lamar not have any commercial success? And that's what I wonder. Does he take a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I think an agent has a lot to do with that. He has a lack of agent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I just think but they still can reach out, like make a major corporations still can reach out and say, you know what, we want you to be our face. Got never got in trouble any of that type, dude, Like, why not, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Isn't it amazing too?
Speaker 1: How narratives changed because less than a year ago before he signed his contract, it was open season and it was he's always banged up, He's already one MVP.
Speaker 2: He probably won't do it yet one playoff game.
Speaker 1: And here we are after this contract is finally signed a few months later, and this guy's gonna win the most fightble players.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, if you sitting where we sit, we have the envy the Ravens and the way they go about handling business and the way they go about doing things. And Ozzie knew some As a last ditch goodbye, he said, you know what, I'm a draft Lamar Jackson, and I'm out, Curtains. I left you with the best quarterback I've ever had, yep, ever had.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the story.
Speaker 4: Uh, watching h usually when you pay quarterbacks four hundred million, like Kansas City did, You're watching Kansas City fall apart, nobody to throw the ball to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Something's going on there, Miami. It's getting injured at the wrong time, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're banged up.
Speaker 4: They banged man and they were playing Eli Apple in the secondary last week.
Speaker 3: Well, I love Eli because he talks a lot.
Speaker 1: Of He talks a lot of smack, but he gets burned a lot too.
Speaker 4: Listen, that's why you gotta be insane to play cornerback. Yeah, anybody get beat for two hundred yards and still be like, you know what, I'm the best thing they ever have.
Speaker 2: And that's all you No, that's how we all are.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's the mentality of a cornerback. Like you have to be borderline insane. If you're not, you cannot play the position. You have to have the memory of an ant. You can't really like take stuff serious. If it sticks on your wall, you're probably not gonna last long in this game. So I enjoy watching corners play the way they playing San Francisco, playing at the top of their game.
Speaker 3: I memb see the other Cowboys.
Speaker 4: They look good, but I know they can't do one thing, and it's power running the ball. Yeah, they can't get fourth and ones. If you can't get fourth and ones, you can't win playoff games. I'm looking for them to play one more week than we play.
Speaker 3: I look it. They do it every year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they play one more week, seven day and they be right there when wein. So Cowboy fans licky wounds because you'll be right there with us one but you'll be like twenty dram picks keeper than we win.
Speaker 3: Yep, but you're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the same thing every Jerry calling into the local radio, a general cherif I just you know, I thought I thought Dak had it this year. I mean, I ain't crying him a pillow. But they're gonna have to pay him again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gonna have to pay because he's played some good ball this year. And yes, and I think he played good ball this year because he got back to doing what I asked him to do. Running that you are running quarterback. And I hate this with quarterbacks. They get paid from throwing in running, and after they get paid, they just turned into a pocket pass. That ain't what got you paid, right, What got you as the top quarterback is the threat of both.
Speaker 3: Right, If you take one away, you ain't you're a different guy? Space and bills not? Why not pay these bills? Hey the bills Get Loud.
Speaker 4: Podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, the official sports and bet partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six five out craft your own personalized bet slip with Parlay's access thousands of game with live screaming. Place your bet before the match. Are doing the game. It's it's up to you. Darnload bet three six at bet three six five app today and enjoin eighty member million members worldwide age twenty one plus must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called a text one eight hundred gambler m w a A. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us.
Speaker 3: We dream of.
Speaker 4: Places anywhere in the world, and then the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination sore. Book your adventure today at flight Dulls dot com. Slash non stop.
Speaker 3: Pay them bills.
Speaker 2: College football Yep, all right, you hurt, I'm hurting.
Speaker 3: Just say.
Speaker 4: Down with the always Hey, how do y'all feel about Quinn ears right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: That's great? Yeah, he just didn't get the you. He didn't get the job.
Speaker 1: He was not great and fumbled the ball twice. You can't do that in a game like that.
Speaker 4: Is he coming out this year? Is he gonna he's got a transfer? No, he's gonna stay in Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, he's gonna stay.
Speaker 3: How is he gonna play with arch there? Arch Manning. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: People don't realize the Mannings are different. They think different. They argue because what what did you hear before the portal season? Arch is gonna transfer? Arch is gonna trend? No, he's now, He's not nice. He loves Texas, his family loves Texas. And the Mannings are different because they did this when Eli came out.
Speaker 2: Remember, if a Manning is not going to.
Speaker 1: An organization that they want a Manning to go to, if they have to wait another year, they'll do it because they don't want what happened to Archie to happen to anyone else, anybody else, because people forget Archie.
Speaker 2: The original was great and played on the worst Saints teams ever.
Speaker 4: Well, this is what you do in sports, you become the best, only get drafted.
Speaker 3: Like, and what other job do you go to the world company.
Speaker 4: If I'm the number one tech guy in America, I'm probably working for Google. I'm probably working for their best company. Not in sports, you go to the worst company. And it happens all the time. I just don't see Earl standing there staying there. He might not he could go, he could absolutely go.
Speaker 1: And also Quinn hasn't made it through an entire season healthy yet. Yeah, Arch is going to play, and all the reports are Arch is to do. It's is just a matter of time and more than anything he wants to learn under Sark that's to keep it because Sark has put so many guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I have to say this to you as a Texas longhorn.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome to the family. Oh, here we go. We're gonna have some bets coming up.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to the SEC. You in, I mean, you're in the West with us. Welcome And uh, y'all will never be undefeated again.
Speaker 2: You're probably right, so it's not the Big twelve.
Speaker 4: Do y'all just take pleasure on just basically peeing on Texas A and L.
Speaker 3: Like every time they make a good move, it's great. Y'all won up there.
Speaker 2: They had a ten year head the blood you're absolutely blood.
Speaker 3: Listen, y'all will not let Texas A and them leave now.
Speaker 4: And then that's fire with me, right, that's fire with me. But at the end of the day, we got what we got. Washington, Michigan, Michigan. What's gonna happen. I'm going Michigan. I am too, because Michigan does nothing great. They do everything good. I call that a renaissance man. A grandma used to say that I want you to be great at nothing. I want you to be good at a little bit of everything. Yep, Michigan play good special teams, good defense, good offense. And JJ McCarthy is he the best they ever do it in Michigan.
Speaker 1: You know what, Jim Harbaugh said this. Now people are gonna hear this. They're gonna say he's not the best Michigan quarterback. It's Tom Brady. Yes, we're not talking about the best pro to comp Michigan.
Speaker 4: The one thing about the football guys, they are very Even if you are the greatest college football player, you will not be the greatest pro. The only time I see that is in the the case of Barry Sanders, Barry was always great. Is usually either one. I'll let you be good in both. Yeah, I won't let you be great in both. Tom was not great. He was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Listen, look at it this way.
Speaker 2: If you're amazing in college as a quarterback, your first round draft pick. Yeah, Tom was a sixth round draft.
Speaker 1: Pick for a reason. Yes, doesn't mean he's not the go now he is. But if he were so great in college, you're coming down the first round.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Tim Tebow greatest.
Speaker 2: College quarter to make that argument of all time.
Speaker 3: Terrible in the NFL, that's right.
Speaker 4: So it's always gonna be a give in the take. I see it all the time. Peter Ward greatest college wide receiver all time.
Speaker 3: Not so much in the pro.
Speaker 2: And Young my guy. But I thought Vince he was there was about a couple of years there. He won Rookie the Year.
Speaker 4: But ye, I've been saying, but his coach all Mike Jeff Fisher. Jeff Fisher could be powerful pound the worst coach to ever coach in the league. That was a bad matchup. I don't I don't even see how he kept a job like I just really I don't know what he had on some people. But at the end of the day, to me, Jeff Fisher, I have never heard a player say a good thing about.
Speaker 3: Jeff Fisher, mister seven or nine. That's what he did. That's what he did. Then what we're gonna do. I think we're there.
Speaker 1: So I like Michigan, and I think part of the reason is and you need as far as what they do ex's and ose wise, there's nothing sexy about Michigan at all. Like Michael Pennix. He was carving us up in the Sugar Bowl. He's got three NFL receivers, he was dropping dimes.
Speaker 2: Michigan isn't sexy like that.
Speaker 4: But they don't have any outstanding weaknesses.
Speaker 3: And that's what I based it on. I don't. I'm based it on ceiling, not floor.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, they do not have weaknesses in any aspect of their game. And they got the defining trait of us again the world mentality. Yeah, that makes teams dangerous. Once Howboy got suspended in we're still in size. This the only reason that brought them together. Yep, and you give us one, come and go it galvanized that we can take over the world.
Speaker 3: Like that's how we feel. If I'm a ben Man right now, MGM, I'm going Michigan.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm going Michigan. I love what Washington does. It ain't nothing they done do well. They car people.
Speaker 3: I don't see them doing that to the Michigan DBS. I just don't. Well.
Speaker 1: Texas just was more than happy to try and rush Pinnicks before didn't get to them. And if you, like Michael Pennock, sit in the pocket, you.
Speaker 3: Will get car you will get caught up. And that's exactly what.
Speaker 4: But I'm also still caught up in how do I judge Michael Pennix. It's a dro up here because a little older coming out. I was gonna ask you about this. It's a fascinating question. A little older coming out went through the bumps and bruises, like we got this this dynamic now with these old six years seven years.
Speaker 1: Some seven years, I'm ready for this era. And a lot of it has to do with COVID. Obviously, I'm ready for this era to be over. Yes, because it's a little and listen, I would take advantage of it too. But sometimes it's unfair when you got a six seven year quarterback.
Speaker 3: You should be in the NFL right now. I'm not shocked at both Nicks's covering people.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: He're gonna think about it though.
Speaker 4: We've always had these guys that refused to lead college.
Speaker 3: Campuses even if they didn't play football. They didn't play football.
Speaker 4: They graduated right three years ago, and they still got to say how and this separation anxiety.
Speaker 3: They don't want to go in the real world.
Speaker 4: But now it's going to the athletes where they are staying for a longer period.
Speaker 3: And I'm never shocked.
Speaker 4: I remember we had a player I had to play against Auburn running Daniels Receive.
Speaker 3: He was killing everybody. He was twenty seven years old because he went pro in baseball. Because this way it used to happen.
Speaker 4: The guys used to go pro in baseball, fail in baseball, and come back to college because they had all the edgibility.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm not sure he's killing people. You're playing against kids. You're a grown man, all right. So Chris Wink played.
Speaker 4: Against Chris grown man, grown man baseball player. We've seen this before, but now we get these football players in baseball players tight time frame.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to grade you. Yeah, Like, how do I grade you? Like?
Speaker 4: I watch you beat up on kids? What you're gonna do when you get with people your age? Yeah, dest big question, Jeeves. As a college football fan, I'm not thrilled with where we are with nil and the portal. The porter has to be so so I'm gonna is there a solution the portal in particular, like, how do you not?
Speaker 2: The college football is broken? But it can be better?
Speaker 4: Right Well, first of all, they're going through that test run right now to see what it is. I think here go in my day, you committed to a school and you stuck just the way it was. I think they should limit the transfer a portal to two transfers, I meaning you can only transfer twice and commit to a school.
Speaker 3: You can transfer. Don't like it? You can transfer, that's it. Yep.
Speaker 4: You cannot keep jumping in and I think it makes it hard for the NFL scouts to know where you are. First of all, it changes teams overnight, and the seniors in high school are suffering because the colleges want to transfers more than the senior.
Speaker 3: Four stars and five stars.
Speaker 4: They would rather have a player that's already been coached up and ready to go plug and play player. So it's messing up college recruiting from the high school perspective. So I think to transfers, and I think you got a captain in IL.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that too.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you cap it because when you have a zion Will and some of arch manning, yep, they're going to bring in more money than your average.
Speaker 3: So I don't know where you cap it at.
Speaker 4: But I think you got to cap it, and you also got limit how many times you can transfer, and then it'll make guys sick and guess about transferring, knowing I only have two tries in it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The most serious question of all, what it is? Strawberry?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, chaed Z or Tubby the Duke's male mascot. What is your because I'm going with the pop Tart Strawberry first, that guy first of all?
Speaker 3: Beautiful. It's these bowl games are losing me? Are they? They losing me? I came from a time when the Fiesta.
Speaker 4: Bowl and the Rose Bowl the granddaddy of Mall Peach Bowl. Now we got the Duke's Mayonnaise Bowl. Do you want Duke's mayonnaise dropped on you if you win.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I know it's good for your hair, but this mayonnaise, man, you just gotta have something with you can dip in the man A's how the part tart?
Speaker 3: I found funny. I found everybody he was getting away smooth.
Speaker 1: He was patting the referee on the button, walks right behind him and went only a pop Tart mascot could get away.
Speaker 3: And then he got a Then they got it. I'm fine with that. What about the cheese It? Dude? You're with that? No? You know what happened.
Speaker 1: I discovered this because the Pop Tar company and cheese It's they're owned by the same parent company. So at the last minute they decided to have the cheese It come up out of the box like the pop Tart that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we just saw this few days ago. If it worked once dry again, Corporate America.
Speaker 3: We love Michael Jackson, and they pulled a Tito Jackson. Then what they gave us?
Speaker 4: What the cheeses do? But I did like the cheese It chain. Did you see the diamond chain?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that?
Speaker 3: Oh that's made by real jeweler.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yes, that's a seventy thousand dollars chain that much.
Speaker 3: They gave it to the MVP.
Speaker 4: Listen, if they had these type things when I was in college. They are just they're making it rain on these college kids right now. Imagine being on copp campus right now, you at Texas Jinks, the wide receiver driving a Mercedes Beings five hundred freshman, fresh out of fresh out of high school.
Speaker 2: Never leave college.
Speaker 3: I'm staying for nine years now. You know why? Six year seniors? Yeah? Why are you like nobody's in a rush anymore? Think about it. If you're a girls basketball player.
Speaker 4: You make more in college than you do easy. Yes, If I'm angel ree, I'm not leaving LSU right. I'm gonna stay to my senior year and hopefully I can play two senior years.
Speaker 3: It's just different on the college. College campus is different. Now. Think about if you a professor in college.
Speaker 4: Now you're pulling up in your Volkswagon Beetles and your student who is deside you in a Rose.
Speaker 3: Royce Lamborghini, and you like, did you do your homework today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Did you do your homework today?
Speaker 4: Because I am the success story and my friends, you're not successful.
Speaker 3: It's a different world. Say different world. It's a different campus, it's a different mindset. Come on one.
Speaker 4: If you're sitting there with like hundreds of thousands of dollars in your pocket and you're like, fellas, what.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to do for spring break this year? Let's go to an audi.
Speaker 2: Whatever you think about you you can do it.
Speaker 3: You can do it.
Speaker 4: Like we're watching these guys courtside of the Lakers game.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: We're watching Shirdr Sanders at the Nuggets game and he's just chilling, you know, chain out.
Speaker 2: When I was in college, I was like, I think I can afford this cold cut combo.
Speaker 3: Somewhere five dollars.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: It was a different Roaman noodles ruled the campus. Nice uber at the highest level. Uber each It's true. I'm just ubering from the steakhouse. You want anything.
Speaker 4: It's different now, and I don't think we got control of it.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's it's woldness. It is peak right now.
Speaker 1: It's the wild West right now, and we need to bring it back down. I think eventually it will happen. I think for the good sport in.
Speaker 4: These days, and then imagine being at a school, like a beach school, like a California school. You see La Florida, something like that. You got all the nail money. I just never keep a shirt on. I just drive a Jeep, no doors on it.
Speaker 2: You go to class, no shirte, no shirt. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: You're not gonna do anything to me. I make more money than you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna face some bills and then talk Commanders, Cowboys.
Speaker 2: First, have I talked to you about Honda?
Speaker 3: You did, Let's talk about it again.
Speaker 2: Please feel the power of the c RV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet.
Speaker 1: Find adventure in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Highlight Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experienced the thrilling performance of the funder drive Honda Civic with unavailable turbo charged engine.
Speaker 3: If you want to.
Speaker 1: Woo power, performance ruggedness with Honda, find the Honda Purpose for you. See your local Honda dealer today and Sea Geek is.
Speaker 3: It breaking news? It is every week on this show. It is.
Speaker 1: They are the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The Dealers finalize they are the newest member of the fam. So if you're buying tickets, selling tickets in the DMV, anywhere in the universe, anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's Commander's tickets, concert tickets, any live event, seek Geek is the place to do it. The new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 4: Hey, this what you gotta do, man, Maybe you can catch a get seat Geek to get you a place our seat on the plane that's going to the moon with Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: You know there it'll be happening for you know it.
Speaker 3: Listen me, I'm here, I'm going with you. You know what. I'm tired of.
Speaker 1: Every Here's the thing every week when I come out to do this show. After my show in the mornings, I've taken Uber out here, lift whatever, and of course there's always And this is for me coming from DC. This's a forty five to fifty minute drive and I just finished talking sports. I'm gonna talk with you, so I just need a little break. Yeah, this happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Like today, you work for them. I was like, I do a little work. I'm a cowboys guy, Why are there so.
Speaker 1: Many cowboys fans in this?
Speaker 3: And I definitely didn't want to talk about that.
Speaker 4: First of all, I did my investigations here all right with this subject.
Speaker 3: I think every middle child in the DMV and you know.
Speaker 4: Your middle child gonna go left when everybody else going right. I think every middle child said, you know what, it's only one way to disappoint my family, and that's I'm gonna do a boys frian, I'm going to do it right. And that's what it is. And whatever your rivalry is, it's gonna be a lot of the others. Like it's a lot of Washington fans in Dallas. Nobody likes to talk about it. There's the middle children down now, go left right. I'm not gonna be a cowboy, I'm gonna be a Washington fan. So I just think it's a love hate relationship, and it's it's I'm gonna left when y'all going right. I'm just gonna I'm gonna be the I'm gonna be in the corner. I'm gonna through with y'all. Like I think it's defiance. The word defiance is the right thing, like people trying to defy the norm the Norman Dallas Cowboy fan. I'm gonna be Washington, the Norman Washington Washington fan, I'm gonna be Dallas.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what it got to do with. And Cowboys fans are very like, how should I say it, wagon? They ain't bandwagon.
Speaker 4: They are very like they're very educated people about the game. But they fanded them clouds their vision. Yes, every year they think they going to the super Bowl. Every year they don't.
Speaker 3: Every year they think we are America's team. It's Dallas. It's not America's team. That's from the seventies. Almost in Mexico. You're not America's team.
Speaker 4: The flag has way more stars on it than that one. Now, Jerry is a good seller. He can sell a water to a well.
Speaker 3: He's that dude, you're not America's team.
Speaker 4: Like, if I had to truly write down the reasons why a team should be America team, it should be.
Speaker 3: Washington in the Nation's Battle, Thank you. George Washington didn't live in Dallas. Ben Franklin didn't live in Dallas. None of the presidents lived in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Now we got the Bush family. Other than that, it's nothing. You know what if you don't pick us.
Speaker 3: I hate to say this New England is more of America's team. Oh okay than Dallas. All right, So you can put a lifted on a pig, It's still a pig. And I love bacon.
Speaker 1: So what is one thing you want to see? Clearly, the Cowboys are the huge favorites coming and we get that. We know the season is over after this weekend, But what is one area of improvement that you would just like to see from this commander squad?
Speaker 4: I want the Cowboys to walk in and I want them to limp out, take an l.
Speaker 3: Not it don't even have to be an L.
Speaker 4: I want them to get physically beat up. I want to physically impose our will on them. I want to make sure they don't come in there and leave as healthy as they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want them smile, and they already gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs, but I want them to physically feel pain when they leave FedEx Field.
Speaker 3: I don't care if.
Speaker 4: It's the left tackle or Tony Pollard or whoever. I just want them to say, you know what, this was, this was not easy. And we played them last game last year and they was saying, how first win? Right, So Sam Hollis what one and one against the Cowboys? Yep, let's see what happens. Man, What about you? What you want to see?
Speaker 1: I want to see some fight, I'm like you, and with that fight comes physicality. Yeah, it doesn't look I'm like you. I don't like moral victories either. I want to see a team take it to Dallas. And even if Dallas wins, I want Dallas to walk out saying we got beat up today like you were saying. Yes, Like, I want to see a team that I don't care what the score is. I don't care about the matchups to points, but I want to see this Commander's team come out one time and say, you know what, it's our home field, it's our last game of the season.
Speaker 2: We don't like you, guys. We're going to show you we don't like you, and we're taking it to you every play.
Speaker 3: I want to see some dog.
Speaker 4: You cannot let people come in your house and kick your couch, right, and this is what we've been doing this year, Like we just haven't proticted home field.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, in the season.
Speaker 4: On a good note, physicality and respect is what you want because.
Speaker 3: They don't get respect out for free. That's right, Yeah, that's what we want to see.
Speaker 1: It is a seat gig podcast to get live podcasts by seat gig smooth.
Speaker 3: I'm JINX, Happy New Year. Let's see what happens to stay away from my own horns
Speaker 1: If you use an opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.