Speaker 1: I believe everything is going.
Speaker 2: Are you rolling on the quick Time? Donald?
Speaker 1: No, I record on the Zoom? Still brody?
Speaker 2: Oh you go old school since the beginning.
Speaker 1: You know, since we started this bad Boy, I try to keep it old school for all of the heads out there. You know what I'm saying, For all you old school heads out there, I keep it old school. I don't. I don't subscribe to the quick Time. I don't. I don't do that. I stick with the Zoom. I have to. I have to travel with the zoom. Yeah, you know I do. I have upgraded to the Sony camera. But you know, looks good. And you talk about your stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about that ship. I don't want to talk about how much I miss you, how much. It's how long it's been since we've gathered.
Speaker 3: It's been a year.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's going to air. But it's January seventh, listeners. We haven't been together in a very long time.
Speaker 1: It's been a minute. I'm still sober.
Speaker 2: I know, let's talk about this. Donald and I are doing dry January. I started early. I think I started the twenty seventh, So.
Speaker 1: I started the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so and you're also off weed still, dude, I'm so proud of you. How long for your weed?
Speaker 1: Over a month? Now?
Speaker 2: Underous applause? Daniel, that's the worst applause indeed, and an audience. I just want to clarify. I'm not to each their own. You love weed, you love weed, But my friend Donald was smoking a fuck ton of weed, and I don't think that I think doctors would agree that the amount of weed he was smoking was not good for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know you said, you said say that, but the Surgeon General.
Speaker 2: Is supposed to smoke weed morning to night. Bro.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't know all of that. That's not what freaked me out about the surgeon General. What the surgeon General said about alcohol is what freaked me out.
Speaker 2: I'm also well, yeah, but yet you also stopped weed. So what was your impact? What was your catalyst for that?
Speaker 1: I was just doing it too much, and I wasn't very present with my wife, and I wasn't present with my children, and you know, I thought it was I thought it was time. But I'll tell you, man, stopping the weed threw me down. This this uh, what's the what's the word I'm looking for? Paranoia, spiral. And I went to the doctor and I freaking every blood test I could possibly get.
Speaker 2: All these things you got in your head about your health after you got off.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, because I started coughing all of these things. I went to the doctor and took that blood test. You can only take it when you're fifty. I forget the name of it, but it tests for over fifty types of cancer too. Yeah, and I did it, and I'm cancer free. I'm here to report and say.
Speaker 2: I still think you're saying like you beat cancer.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, but no. Man, Like the way I felt after the was out of my was trying to leave my system. You know, it doesn't want to leave, It's it wants to stay. It's like, what are you doing you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, dude, you were in serious withdrawal. I mean you you were a morning to night smoker. How long did did you feel withdrawal symptoms?
Speaker 1: I still feel it now. It's it's you know, it's a month and a half in and you know the cravings have started back up. You know. I work out at a gym and sometimes these cats come in. It's a private gym, and sometimes these cats come in smelling like loud, and that shit is like, oh, you smell so good. But I know I don't want to do that shit anymore, you know what I mean. And then you know, since my birthday, all of this alcohol has been in the house and it's you know, walking by it and looking at it is is a bit torturous. But I'm not going to throw it out because it's so much money and I paid for it, and I don't necessarily intend to ever drink again, like I don't want to drink again, especially after with the after what the surgeon General said. But you know, I have a fear of not death, but just not being here for my children, and so because of that.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, I only am happy for you. I really am happy for you because I know, I know you and I love you, and I know that smoking weed is something you've been relying on for a long time. And I know how you're not the only morning to evening smoker. I know, I know how hard it is for people to kick it. Yeah, so I applaud you for doing it. And then and then, you know, the logical thing would be like, all right, I'll just I'll just drink at night instead, and then you you're at least auditioning giving that up too, So.
Speaker 1: That's I'm not auditioning. I just don't want to drink anymore, bro like after hearing about cancer, and you know, even the foods we eat and stuff like that, like everything is. You know, I'm a fifty year old man, and you hate to say, yeah, man, like I have most of my years most of the you know, I don't think I'll live another fifty years. You know, it would be great if I did, but the chances of doing that are slim.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I lost my aunt recently. Sorry, I loved very much, and she was I believe eighty five, and my dad made it to eighty four, and I just he was she was his sister, and I couldn't help but think like, wow, so I've got like my family's trending towards the mid eighties. Yeah, which means I've got thirty five ish left. I mean, I hope I get more, but thirty five ish years left. It's a crazy thing to think about. Like when you get to be our age fifty, I'm going turn fifteen in April. You started thinking about like, well, well, how many do I got left? And then my aunt passed away. She had a long, full life, and it was an amazing person. But you can't help but think like, oh, God, looks like my family's uh, my family's making it to mid eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, And nobody gets out of this alive. That's the truth.
Speaker 3: But life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good body.
Speaker 2: Put it on his shirt. Life. No one gets out alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real talk.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm trying to dry. January, I was in New York. I'm having so much fun with the Lawrences and with Andrew Watt and with Josh Raiden, and we had a blast. I saw a bunch of great shows. I highly recommend maybe Happy Ending with Darren Chris to people. That show was fantastic anyway. But yeah, I came back and I think I just get every year I find myself surprised by it. But I think I get a little Sorry, we're not really doing a comedy podcast yet. We will, But I get a little bit of seasonal depression around the end of December when it's like dark where I live. It's like dark at four fifteen, and I don't know, I just get down on the dumps and so I just I always know when I get to that place, I know all the things I can throw at it, you know, I know how to throw the kitchen sink at that melancholia. And for me, it's I have to stop drinking. I have to start working out more. I have to start eating right. And if I do all these things, if I do and I meditate, I I adopted a dog, which is I have officially foster failed and adopting this wonderful dog, which is a huge source of serotonin. So I know if I throw the you know I saw on a cold bunch, all these things that helped me, I, little by little can get out of it. But I started feeling those those feelings.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really easy to fall into that. It's so easy to fall into that, especially at our age, because you no longer feel invincible. You know, when we were kids. When I was a kid, there's nothing you could tell I was right too. I was pretty invincible as a youth, you know what I mean, Like the shit I did to my body and was able to wake up the next morning and be like, you know what I mean. Like, but as time goes on, you realize that's them days are behind you. Now, it's about you know, it's it's nature, not nurture. But you know, I'm gonna try and nurture this ship as much as I can.
Speaker 2: You are nurturing yourself if you start taking actions that are like, all right, what's gonna help me live the longest? How do I know? There's so many podcasts and books out there about like what should you be doing? If you if you really do want to maximize your time? What you should what should you be doing?
Speaker 1: But it could all end? It could all end in the next couple of minutes, you know what I mean. That's how life is bro It could the freaking Earth could get hit by a rock, or you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Or you just have one of those mysterious things like what happened to John Ritter, Like you just fucking don't know, you just have like right, all of a sudden, bam, you didn't know you had that gone. We should probably just be more chipper for the people because it is the new year, right Daniel. Daniel's here, Joel is having Uh it's a very wind and some of the power lines are down, and I think Joel has a power line issue, right Daniel. Correct, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Talk about Jersey like Jersey had UFOs and ship have a lot to go out.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that with Johnny. Because Johnny's a Jersey boy, he'll be interested in that subject. Daniel, how are you. How is your break? Your beer is very full? Thank you, very very full. You know, me and the wife spent the time we had off moving. We moved from Queen's to Brooklyn, so now Brooklyn Nights, and we like the area very much. We're very happy here. You look like a Brooklyn Knight, thank you. Yeah, but we're very happy here. We really like the area and it's been it's been very kind to us as family here. It's been nice. But I will say, you know, I took the last three weeks of the year off intending to relax, but then it was spent entirely packing boxes, unpacking boxes, you know, setting up you know, facilities and whatnot. So we had if we had a little bit of time off, but not maybe as much as I would have I would have liked. But happy to be here. Well, congrats on your new place, thank you very much. John To begin, we have so many topics to talk about. We have to talk about how you've been gated, keeping doci.
Speaker 1: From nobody has been gatekeeping DOCI.
Speaker 2: I just learned the expression gatekeeping and I love it. I have a lot I want to overuse it.
Speaker 1: Well, if you think I'm gatekeeping DOCI, I don't want you to think I'm gatekeeping Leangelo Ball Jello Ball's new song is fire. Oh my gosh, it is fine. LeVar Ball three.
Speaker 2: For three Dan three for three subjects. I know the object, Daniel, did you know about DOCI? I am familiar with DOCI. Doci with two eyes. What do you mean if you're like me and you're not hip, uh, if you're out of the loop, you need to check out this young lady. She is fantastic. D O E c H.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm I know, I'm the last person to say this, but she reminds me of Lauren Hill No and that she can rap, she can sing, she's writing it all. She's beautiful, she's fucking so talented.
Speaker 1: She's extreme talented.
Speaker 2: Her video that.
Speaker 1: I sent you, she told her record label I'm going to go away and write a record, and they were like, well what do you have? She's like, on this date, I'm going to drop a record. They were like, well, what do you have? She was like, I have nothing, but I'm going to go do it. And she went away and did it, came back with it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I'm just blown away. I've been watching. I went down a rabbit hole watching her little her tiny desk thing, and her desk.
Speaker 1: Was pretty good. Man, desk was fire dude.
Speaker 2: And her music video do you remember the name of the song that I sent you donald with like a sitcom set, Yeah, Deniala's River.
Speaker 1: That's a bunch of artists. That's a bunch of artists on that though.
Speaker 2: Like her music, yeah, or audience, go watch this music video for Denial of the River. It is so innovative. Kudos to the directors who I don't know who. I assume it's their idea or it's her idea or both. I don't know, but I thought it was so innovative and cool. I was just smiling through the whole thing, being like, Wow, what a talent, What an exciting new talent.
Speaker 1: Very impressive. She's not very she's not new either. She's been around for it.
Speaker 2: But didn't she young? How old is she? Early twenties?
Speaker 1: I don't know that, Dane.
Speaker 2: Can you look a look? And I'm curious It reminded me of Donald Glover, like when he came out with This is America, but.
Speaker 1: He had been around. That's the same thing Donald Glover had. I stay woke, niggas creeping.
Speaker 2: She's twenty six, twenty six. Well, I'm young and very talented and exciting. All right, that's one topic.
Speaker 1: Do you want to LiAngelo? Ball has dropped fire and here it is for your listening pleasure.
Speaker 2: I don't know who Leander and Ball.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of fucking we heh okayeloet, Oh my god, Okay. So he is a basketball player who his father, LaVar Ball, was saying how his boys are the next stars in the NBA. And one of them is the top, is the number one All Star vote getter for guards this year. The other one just made a comeback to the NBA after being out for over a year. And now Leangelo, who didn't make the who made the NBA but kind of fell off in the NBA, made a record that's so fire. You play that ship in the gym and everybody's freaking dancing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's so he came out of nowhere with a with a with an album, and he's a basketball player.
Speaker 1: And he's a basketball player. But the record is fire. I think I slept LeVar three for three boy three for three?
Speaker 2: What is three for three mean?
Speaker 1: He predict that they would all be stars, and he was right three for three okay, And and he predicted it when they were babies too, like when they were you know one was.
Speaker 2: You know one did o' donald. He manifested that.
Speaker 1: He did matter, but he did it in such like the most like craziest way. He was going on television saying, my boy's gonna be this and my boy's gonna be that. And people were like, slow your roll, bro, you don't know what's gonna happen. And he was like, no, they're gonna be better than such and such and bettter in and so far three for three on his boys. All right, if you're going to bet on anybody, I mean, I'm a bet on my kids. But if you're going to bet on anybody, that's the right bet.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, make sure your kids are also learning to wrap in addition to learning to be pro athletes.
Speaker 1: It's part of the It is a part of the culture.
Speaker 2: Now, did you watch I know you didn't watch the episode, but I was on the show Bookie episode four. This yeah, Rocco, not inspired by your son. But audience, check out the show Bookie. It's really funny show. I'm a fan of the show, and so I told Chuck Lori that and then he wrote me this part and it's really funny. Donald. I know you didn't watch the episode, but you watched the clip I sent you. Of course, did you laugh?
Speaker 1: I did? How was I?
Speaker 2: That was fun right?
Speaker 1: That's pretty impressive, dude. First of all, it's impressive that Chuck Laurie jumped from multi cam to single cam.
Speaker 2: That show is very funny. I don't. I mean, I don't follow football, I don't follow betting, but I genuinely liked the show. And you know, Sebastian Monascalco I find him hilarious. Daniell you ever watch that show? I haven't yet, but I see it's on Max, so I'll definitely give it a look. All right, well check it out. You can start with season two, episode four, and that will make you love that one. Is Johnny here yet?
Speaker 3: No? He is not? All right?
Speaker 2: Good? I want to talk about the off because audience, I have to admit something to you. I had seen episodes of the Office in my life, but I've never done a full watch of the series in a row, and I told you I was having some melancholia, and I thought, you know what everyone always says, this is one of the funniest shows of all time. I'm gonna this will pair nicely with my seasonal depression. And I cannot tell you how fucking funny that show is. I know I'm late to the party, everybody again. I had seen episodes, but I had never done a full watch, and I'm now I'm in season six, and it is one of the funniest shows of all time.
Speaker 1: Did you laugh when they do the Emperor talking to Anakin? Shit, don't do it, Michael, and he has the hood over his head.
Speaker 2: I haven't gotten that yet.
Speaker 1: That must be a Halloween episode.
Speaker 2: Well I must be after where I am because I'm in season six, not all the way to finish yet.
Speaker 1: I think it might be earlier than that. But anyway, that shit is fun.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to be over.
Speaker 1: Did you see the episode where Where Where? Where? Uh where? Dwight comes in dressed as Jim.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you watch the the the end credits when the credits are rolling and he's doing Jim yeah, I mean, looks that shit had me rolling too. Did you watch the one where Oscar is thrown out of the closeted.
Speaker 2: A witch hunt? That episode, and it's one of the funniest fucking episodes in television I've ever seen. That episode is one of the funniest episodes of television I've ever seen. And I can't believe, By the way, when I'm done, I'm gonna go watch these gag reels because the I cannot believe that these actors are managed to not laugh. I'm sure they laugh all the time, but they managed to when Steve Carrell is doing his thing, and these and these people all have their straight faces. I just don't know. If I could do it, I would be biting. I mean, we obviously you stapping with you, we stapping on scrubs when it was bad. I would bite the inside of my cheek. But I'm watching Steve Carrell and I'm going I would not be able to not be laughing through this. He's so I mean, obviously, the whole cast. Everybody's brilliant. Everybody's brilliant. Everyone has their moment to shine. Everything. Creed says, Creed is.
Speaker 1: Like there, Creed is a freaking assassin.
Speaker 2: But Creed is like their fucking Rob Maschio the time. Yeause he got one line in episode and without fail, I laugh every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just watched an episode work called Murder Work where they're where they're playing a murder mystery game and Creed gets to work late, and when he arrives at work, he says to Michael, sorry, I'm late, and Michael in character is playing the murder game when he goes, there has been a murder and we suspect you, and Creed goes, okay, let me just put my things down and I'll be back, and then you see him run to his car, and I feel like we should do a rewatch of the office.
Speaker 1: That's where you know what we said that early on?
Speaker 2: I know that now I kind of want to do it. I wish I had done. We should try it, listen. We could audition and do like three episodes and see if we enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Because I've been audience, I've been sending Donald clips. Some of them are like Chris shit, I can't believe they did on television, and these episodes are still up on television. But I will send Donald like video clips of what I've been watching, and I'm like just laughing, like, oh my god, I know what some of you are listening, going like yeah, bro, we know The Office is funny. But I feel like those of you out there who are listening because you love Scrubs, and obviously Donald and I can't have that kind of relationship with the show because we're in it, but I feel that with watching The Office now, where I'm like, I'm so invested in these people. Love I love this family. They're so bizarre. But I'm sad to know I'm on season six and it's gonna have an end, and I know there's a reboot happening. I know there's a reboot happening, but it doesn't have the cast. I wish the cast was. I wish they were doing it. I think it goes to eight, but Correl's not on seven and eight. And I'm not going to be a hater. I'm going to be open to seven and eight. But I can't imagine the show without Growl because to me, he's He's it's all about him.
Speaker 1: He's hilarious when the dude asks him, when the HR company comes in and they're asking him, all of these questions, and they're trying to catch him out there and he's doing his best not to fall off, and they're like, what are Michael, what are the mountains? And he's he's holding it in and he goes they rest upon me Lady's chest.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The fact that when we were talking to Brian Baumgartner, I, you know again, I had seen maybe a dozen episodes, But now I wish I could have him back. I have so many more questions now that I've fucking binge the whole thing. But man, that guy is so funny and every single character actor on that show has a moment to shine. And and I'm so invested in Jim and Pam. I literally when Jim proposed, I literally clutched my pearls. I was so caught off hard. I was like, that's how invested it I was in the show.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 2: And then when they went to when they got married, and I when they did the little thing with Niagara Falls, I had like tears in my eyes. I was so invested.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Amy Adams early on Amy Adams on.
Speaker 2: The show, Amy Adams, there's so many funny, so many funny, uh, guest stars and it's just a brilliant show. I think, I'm now I'm going to go back, and you know, it's funny. I never I never really watched the other shows that people that love Scrubs would say are in the spirit of Scrubs, like Community Again, I've seen episodes, never the whole thing, Parks and rec I've seen episodes, never the whole thing. But now I'm kind of inspired and just start watching these shows because we've always heard you and I like, you know, people that love Scrubs often like these shows, and and you know, I just never got around to like sitting and binging them, and now I am.
Speaker 1: That's the question though, the reason why these shows were so great though, Also it's not just the It's not just the actors on the show. The writing was so cutting edge, you know, Grubbs writing was so cutting edge, and this day and time, you know, you don't really see this type of writing anymore. You don't see this edgy, edgy.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't really be as edgy as as as Scrubbs was and as The Office was any anymore. Obviously, on I don't know what do you what are you saying now? And you're saying you can I don't think you can be Uh, what are you saying? I think I think it's it. It feels like it's like a different kind of edge now, you know, I look at a lot of like animated shows these days, like, you know, the kind of edge that like Rick and Morty does is like it is its own kind of edgy in a very I don't know edgy way. I think there were racy There were racy jokes on the office. Larry Wilmore was one of the head writers. I assume that he was writing a lot of them. Uh they're hilarious. I mean, Donald, you agree they're hilarious. But but now some of them you go, oh, you couldn't. You could definitely couldn't put that on a TV show, even if for Larry Wilmore, you can't put that on a TV show Now. I think the times change and people change with them.
Speaker 1: I do miss some of the edginess, And I know I could get in trouble for saying that.
Speaker 2: In trouble for saying you miss some edgy jokes. I mean, you fucking Delirious is your favorite comedy special of all time?
Speaker 1: It is one of my favorites, and raw that one and Raw and Raw has some stuff where you know, you can't tell that joke anymore.
Speaker 2: No, not even Eddy could tell those jokes anymore.
Speaker 1: Eddie would be like, no, I ain't saying that shit. You crazy.
Speaker 2: We want to announce we're going to have the director of the year, one of the directors of the year, John Chu and the editor of my friend Myron Kirstein of Wicked on the show. That's a big get for us.
Speaker 1: Donald, that's a huge git. Holy shit, I can't believe we did it well. You did it, But I'm gonna say we did it well. You can say.
Speaker 2: You know, you and I have been talking about, you know, getting guests that are that are were people we really admire. We have been doing that obviously, but continuing to pursue people, doesn't matter who they are, if they're a doctor, if they're a sex therapist, or if they're a director we like, but just trying to get people that we are really interested in. And we are both very interested in John chew and and and what a fantastic job he did on Wicked.
Speaker 1: What's his next movie that he's doing.
Speaker 2: I know I read it by the way I read that he's going to do Joseph, which you and I really are too old for. But we need to audition for him when he's on the show.
Speaker 1: He's going to do technicolored dreamcro Yes, I don't know if that's not his next that's not the next one. There's something else that I've read that's like pretty exciting. I don't know if it's a musical or not, but if it is.
Speaker 3: He does him.
Speaker 1: Well, he's La La Land too, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. I think he's got a lot of kids under five or something, which is insane to to do what he did and have that many young children. I mean, obviously it goes without saying they must have help he and his wife, but to take on an undertaking of the scale of wicked and have like, I don't know what it is, Danel, Maybe you can look it up. He's got like four kids under five or something like that. Look it up.
Speaker 1: I was disappointed at the Golden Globes, but I was also very happy.
Speaker 2: With what disappointed you.
Speaker 1: Well, I wanted I wanted Arianna and Cynthia to win, but the people who won I was very happy for. Like, I was very happy that Demi Moore won. I was saying, very happy that she won, you know what I mean, And I.
Speaker 2: Was very movie. Did you see the substance?
Speaker 1: I did. I have not seen the substance.
Speaker 2: I think you like it.
Speaker 1: You got to see the sub but not just that. I was very happy that Zoe Saldan won. Also, you know what I mean That that was I was very happy about that.
Speaker 2: I saw that movie Emelia Perez, and she is wonderful in it. She's a very very good actress and I'm happy for her. And her speech was lovely. And by the way, I don't think you'd like a million pairs knowing you, but I think you will love the substance.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, man, I think I would like Amelia.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It is a musical, and it is it's subtit what's it's subtitled? And so i'd have to stand really close to the screen so I could read the stand close.
Speaker 2: I just saw you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's to read. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, then why didn't you get why didn't you also get that's next? So you went to the doctor and only got one pair of classes.
Speaker 1: When you know, I went to the doctor and I didn't go to the doctor. My wife was like, you need readers because I was all readers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, why don't you go to the ophthalmologist, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, that's the next step.
Speaker 2: Especially since you're checking in on all your.
Speaker 1: Health, that's the next step.
Speaker 2: Those glasses are cool. You got those readers though.
Speaker 1: I like them.
Speaker 2: What else can we talk about? Before we were waiting for the legendary Johnny ce McGinley to join us, talk about all things Johnny C. What else have you been watching that you liked?
Speaker 1: Skeleton Crew?
Speaker 2: Skeleton Crew? Okay, it's that's a kid's Disney show, right.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a Star Wars show that stars Jude Law and a bunch of kids, and it is. I mean, they don't need I'm gonna be me personally. I feel like they've now found the stars of the next generation for Star Wars. We don't need to worry about Ray Skywalker. We don't need to worry about Finn or Poe, Damnren. They can be in the background. Now, let's follow these four kids on their adventure after whatever this show is, it's supposed to tie into, you know, this grand movie that's coming out later on that John Favareau and Dave Filoni are putting together where they explain how Palpatine returns in the in the later start in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. Uh, but I think they found four really good people to follow into the future and we don't need to. It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker. It has nothing to do with you know, any of that. These kids are so good and so smart and they're playing this so well that I think this is the future of Star Wars. I would stick to this instead of trying to figure out how to you know, piece together all of the you know, this puzzle that you know, Ryan Johnson and JJ Abrams created when they decided to you know, retcon some shit and you know, kill certain people and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like are they are they building another big Star Wars movie? They must be, right, Like who's who's who's developing the next like big Star Wars movie that can continue from what jaj did.
Speaker 1: It's Dave Filoney that's doing it. Dave is a he's a master of Star Wars.
Speaker 2: He's he's gonna he has the rains now for the next big Star Wars movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, him and and fav and.
Speaker 2: Who will be in it? From the from the cast.
Speaker 1: Will it be that I don't that driver Adam Drivers in Star Wars?
Speaker 2: Is he's kylo Ren?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Why did I not know that he's dead? He's dead though, Wait, let's go.
Speaker 2: But you were off weed and you didn't know Adam Driver was in Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who Adam Driver was for a hot second, like, who the fuck is Adam Driver?
Speaker 2: That must be like a weed remnant like this just like firing off in your brain for like this is like your religion and I'm like, is Jesus in it? And You're like, who's Jesus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude? For like for like three weeks, I still felt high, and every now and then I still get that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you that Adam Driver is in Star Wars, right, he doesn't spoiler.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a spoiler. He dies in the Rise of.
Speaker 2: Skyp spoiler you Skywalker at my house?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to let my baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do want to see your babby.
Speaker 2: She's eighty pounds. I gotta use both.
Speaker 1: Oh, God, don't hurt your back, fat, don't get that Hernia. Hey, baby, this is Penny.
Speaker 2: Penny and say hi to the audience. Look at those eyes.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love her. Okay, baby eighty pounds. Yeah, it's officially a foster failed Donald.
Speaker 1: If you did it, I'm gonna let it. I knew you. I knew that's what it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Everyone did. Everyone on my Instagram was like, there's no way you're giving this dog up.
Speaker 1: I've made some really good Star Wars stuff. In my animation room. I put my motion and control camera to the test and it's doing its thing.
Speaker 2: Really, you've got it figured out.
Speaker 1: No, I have people come over to help me out. I have.
Speaker 2: But they're educating you. They're teaching you.
Speaker 1: They are teaching me, and I am being educated. It's hard, man, it's not I you know. I got into stop motion animation because of my love of special effects and the behind the scenes stuff that you see in your movies like the Marvel movies and the Star Wars movies and stuff like that. That's since a kid. If I didn't become an actor, I probably would have went into that and doing it as an older man, it's challenging. It's very challenging to retain all of the knowledge that if I was a young man, and I was learning it, I would be able to breeze through.
Speaker 2: But it probably helps to not be high when they're teaching you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not high anymore, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like, it probably helps your education to not be like, you know, under the influence.
Speaker 1: You want to hear something. So the stuff that I learned when I was high, I've completely forgot. So it's like, it's like, all right, how do I remember that? Like I turned on all of my equipment because I had it set up for this motion control shot for the short that I'm working on, and we at the last, at our last meeting or our last shoot, they set the table back up so I can animate again, and me trying to figure out how to move the motion control rig has become you know, it has to be centered, it needs to be zeroed. Like, there's so many things, and I forgot all of it because when I learned it, I was stoned to the bone. Wow, and now I'm sober. Kids not even once kids. Shit, that sounds tasty.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to trigger you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Though, I'm good. I don't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, how your wife must be happy that you're trying new things.
Speaker 1: Well, she was, that's the crazy thing. Once, once I got off of it, she was like, motherfucker, don't you got something to animate now? Or you know, like because I'm all of her, all her her more, And she's like, ain't the Knicks playing or something? She can't take it.
Speaker 2: She's like, you're giving her too much attention.
Speaker 1: Too much attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I love attention when I'm dating someone. I like lots of attention to. But I give lots of attention.
Speaker 1: Yes, so do I I like.
Speaker 2: But your wife is like, get the funk away from me, Go to your hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wife, you guys don't watch the same thing.
Speaker 2: She doesn't cuddle you. You guys don't watch the same thing either, right, No, how are your basketball teams doing?
Speaker 1: The Knicks word doing good? They just lost three in a row to.
Speaker 2: You know, Bill Lawrence has some floor seats for the Lakers. Bullshit, we haven't been invited yet.
Speaker 1: Does he go? Does he use him?
Speaker 2: Yes? I don't think he has every game, but he's got lots of games.
Speaker 1: Bill. If you're not using your tickets, hook, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: See this show anymore, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: He claims it's his podcast.
Speaker 2: He claimed it's his podcast, but I don't think he listens to it. And if he did, if he does, Bill Donald and I would like to use your floor seats for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Please, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 4: Here's some stories you're not show. We made about a bunch of the storyt so yea here, yea.
Speaker 2: Here hey man, Hello ladies and gentlemen, the legendary Johnny c McGinley.
Speaker 1: What's happening, star?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: Donald? Hellozachi?
Speaker 2: Good to see you, sir.
Speaker 3: I'm coming to you. I know this won't be for a week or two. Where the Pacific Palisades are on fire again. I get the fuck.
Speaker 1: I can see the fire from my house. Man, this ship is for real right now. Man, at the top of the hill.
Speaker 3: It's just go down there.
Speaker 2: I'm really in the Palisades now. The last time Johnny you were, you were dealing with the fire. We were trying to audience. We were trying to have Johnny on a few weeks ago before the holiday and then but Malibu was having crazy fires.
Speaker 3: Well it was raging here last night that wind. Did you guys feel the wind in town?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Well, we don't live near each other, but on the other side of the hill you must have been feeling funnel through there.
Speaker 1: It is amazing how powerful the wind is right now. I've never seen a palm tree bend that much and still like it looks like they're about to snap. That's how much they're bending. Eighty miles per hour wind outside right.
Speaker 2: Now, Johnny, Can you get fire insurance in Malibu? Still?
Speaker 3: Some people can, some people can't. It's just randomly canceled on you. And we still have it, but a lot of my neighbors do not, and a whole lot you can do about it.
Speaker 2: You're completely gambling with your biggest investment. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think if the fire what's in vogue is if your fire insurance is taken away from you, people start their own fund independent of that and tag it specifically for replacement expenses. If you're in a position to be able to do that, which is oh.
Speaker 2: Of your Well, not everybody, I mean, I know everyone assumes everyone in Malibu is wealthy because it's a very expensive place to live, but I'm sure not everyone is, of course, so how does they what do they do? They just they're kind of gambling with their I mean, the fires are so common, or the threat of fire is so common. You know. I went went to Sean Penn's house, who is your neighbor, once and he has this incredible rig that is a pump and the intake goes into your swimming pool. I know you know this because you've been to his house, you're his friend. But and then and then donald it then becomes a pump that you can put out, put out your house by pumping your pool water all over your house.
Speaker 1: That's smart, that's smart.
Speaker 2: You guys have honey, you need to get one of those. No, you don't have a pool pool.
Speaker 3: But I'm speaking to you today because I've spent the last couple of weeks installing a generator.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have the most important Yeah, yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to get the factor right now is through the roof?
Speaker 2: Why because the powers out or no?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, power has pronounced since nine o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: So you you have, so it's powers. What percentage of your house?
Speaker 3: Well, I have the ice machine is off, the hothouse is off, the shack is off all the all the all the all the all your luxe.
Speaker 2: Trappings are off.
Speaker 3: Off. So there's a light to Are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Be able to survive without your golf simulator and your sauna ice plunge.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Check now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna breathe.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have one of those. And I always feel bad because the power where I live goes out often and and then the thing fire. Yeah, up in the Hollywood Hills, Yeah, power goes out a bunch, and but it kicks on and it's loud, and I'm the only and I'm the only house lit up on the block, and I feel I feel like a jerk because I'm no one else has any power, but I'm like fully lit up and making noise.
Speaker 3: You know, it's this whole area where I live, and Zaki is familiar. Donald, You've given me the cold shoulder coming over. But this whole area is buzzing with generators right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has the solar generator you gotta.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to find out how much that pulls.
Speaker 2: A lot of sun. You need a lot of sun. You might not have the sun So.
Speaker 3: In other words, the ten thousand watt thing that I bought, Uh is a big Honda beast.
Speaker 2: And is off the brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it runs out gasol, runs off the gasoline.
Speaker 2: No, Oh it does.
Speaker 3: Mine runs on gasoline.
Speaker 2: Oh, mine runs off the gas line.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're very fancy.
Speaker 1: You are very fancy.
Speaker 2: Mine runs off the gas line.
Speaker 1: And then if the cuts off the gas.
Speaker 2: Oh A very good question, Donald, because if there's an earthquake. We live in Los Angeles, the gas lines, Uh, they have a earthquake protection thing that shuts the gas line off. Well, then if you were smart enough to get a propane backup tank, yeah, it will run off propane for X amount of hours, depending on how much you're pulling on.
Speaker 3: You know, when you talk to me this way, I find you to be a sexy motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Really you like this generator talk?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: I like this yourself. Shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the audience is bored, but I am so interested in house generators.
Speaker 3: Any do it yourself hardware projects?
Speaker 2: You got me, Well, I didn't do it myself. You probably actually did some work. I have to confess that I would not know how to do the work, but I but I, but I did have a I do have.
Speaker 1: A sex Johnny, you installed your generator.
Speaker 3: I ran onto it under the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did bring an electrician to rewire some of the board. But that, of course. The deal is when you come here as a vendor to do it project, I get to help. Really, otherwise you can't come. I did that with my contractory. I was going to put together a big ass pergola, and I got the instructions. I was like, I cannot do this alone.
Speaker 2: This is this is I don't want the audience to think like it's not like IKEA, like it was meant to be put together by someone who knows what they're doing. Sure, but I said to him, because he's my friend now, I said I'd like to do it with you. And he was like, he looked at me, like you're not going to really do this. You're going to spend a half hour and then get bored. Because it was like a it was like a full day project. Absolutely, And I helped him. I helped him and he taught me a bunch of things and I had the best time.
Speaker 3: And I liked that idea too, And it's been that way all the way through. I was kind of the co contractor in this house, because it's no different than producing a film. You marshal men every morning, whatever their specialty is, you marshal them in the right direction. And I reserved the right to ask questions and help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can.
Speaker 3: Take a phillip screwdrivers as well as the next guy. Come on, give me a break.
Speaker 2: Well, I felt like it was a was like it was like taking our class, because I think that's great. There were lots of things I didn't know, and he was and he's the nicest guy.
Speaker 3: And I know nothing but learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: It seems like you know a lot more than most people do. Most people wouldn't dare try to set up their own generator to their house.
Speaker 3: Like but like we we'd lay the cement pad with some rebar in it to put the uh. I've laid tons of cement and that is that's comfortable to me. Right then, I like for a little while, and I love laying pipe. You're going seventy thirty.
Speaker 1: I do. He's not lying, though, Johnny.
Speaker 3: I do like to lay that, like to lay pipe.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words that Johnny, how are you? How are things audiences should know about Johnny C's podcast, asked Johnny tell them about your podcast how they find it? It's Connective Tissue is the title. I love it, you get some of the most incredible guests. Just pitch it a little bit to our audience who love you and might not know about your podcast.
Speaker 3: Connective Tissue is an exploration of storytellers looking at storytelling. It's that narrow Zachie came on, you were astonishing, Thank you. And it's half an acting class, half a production class. It's half how people became storytellers, what the tipping point was, What is storytelling to them? How does doubt creep in? Why are you doing it? Why be a storyteller? What was the influences for the storytellers? And it's that narrow a lane. I don't care about people's diets or who they just broke up with. It's really about storytellers exploring storytelling. And from Sean Penn to Zach Braff, to Randall Wallace to Brian Hagelin, Keith, David Rory Kennedy, I've had on, including Zackie, some of the most articulate people who can explore storytelling that you can't turn it off. Have you had them? Have you had an hour?
Speaker 2: Didn't you have David Mammon?
Speaker 3: No, David has not been on yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about Oliver Stone.
Speaker 3: Oliver, that's a big get.
Speaker 2: But you've gotten some guts, dude. I was scrolling. I haven't listened all of them. I listened to a bunch, but I was scrolling your guests. And obviously because you're beloved and have so many connections, but you've got some amazing guests.
Speaker 3: Eric Bogosian came on, and yes, that's whoy I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of Bogosian, and I.
Speaker 3: Also Keith David coming on and being on the mount rushmore of voiceover artists, and to have Keith explore what he does when he's voicing those astonishing documentaries. He and Peter Coyote, that's it. It's Peter Coyote and he does the you the Proud, the Marines man.
Speaker 1: He's freaking got a contract with the government. That's how amazing.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: He's the man. He's also a dear friend of mine and we've done a few together.
Speaker 2: You got to get Oliver, dude, just because I know it's a hard get and he's tricky, But I just feel like everyone would want to tune in to hear you and Oliver tell Platoon stories and Wall Street stories.
Speaker 3: And Oliver is a different cat man. I don't know how many stories he wants to talk about them.
Speaker 1: Well, some of the stories that you told us about working with him are amazing, dude, And and.
Speaker 3: But that's me telling it. Oliver's Oliver's different. Oliver's a different cat man. He is, in fact, the smartest guy in the room. He doesn't suffer fools, and I'm not sure if he would be interested in breaking down storytelling.
Speaker 2: It's a great idea you should try, just because like, I feel like he loves you and he would, you know, I feel like Oliver Stone's not saying yes to most people, but he might say yes to you.
Speaker 3: You it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Donald and I are trying to you know, now, then this we're in this new incarnation where we're having guests on and trying to reach out to people that we just find interesting. And for us, it could be anywhere from a sex therapist to.
Speaker 3: Uh, I heard the sex therapist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've heard him too. We did two different ones.
Speaker 3: I heard her. I heard the first and the second, and what did your think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mate, Donald, so uncomfortable and where the line was that you were allowed to go? And I'm listening, I'm going like, is he gonna is he going to jump on this? Is he going to jump on this? And you didn't you exercise more restraint and more decorum than I've ever I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: I think they edited out a lot of the ship that I said.
Speaker 3: Oh, well you I thought you were on un behavior.
Speaker 2: I think you are good behavior. The thing about the sex therapist that's amazing is she she she her whole thing is like, don't censor yourself, ask me anything you want to ask me, no matter.
Speaker 3: But her partner wasn't her partner on with her?
Speaker 2: I don't know her husband, her husband doesn't whether.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's liberating to be able to talk to her with her husband on. It's quite It seemed to liberate you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So many of these issues are so taboo. Still people go, I don't know how I want to ask this question, but I'm embarrassed. I mean even even us, who are or even what do I say? Even we even.
Speaker 1: Us, even the two of us.
Speaker 2: Even the two of us who are us two who are pretty unfiltered, uncensored. I think she's wonderful because she has this attitude of like, don't censor yourself, ask me anything, anything that's on your mind.
Speaker 3: Well as far as things being taboo, we now I haven't been on this set yet, this given set, but there are now intimacy coordinators on sets, and exactly you just will you explain what that is?
Speaker 2: Well, for those of you who don't know if you're going to do a sex scene or anything involving nudity, there's now a position on set to protect everyone, the people not involved, the crew, the you know, particularly the people who are involved, so that there isn't this known territory of how is this going to go? I directed a couple of scenes now with an intimacy corner, and you did yeah. And the way it works is I go to the intimacy corner and she says, what do you expect this scene to be? And I said, okay, I want. For example, in a Good Person, there's a scene where a young man is making out with a girl who's intoxicated and he's on the verge of he is already crossing a line, so she says, what do you what do you want this to be? Well, I wanted to be X Y and Z and I picture this and maybe he grabs her in this way and as detailed as possible. She then goes to the two actors and says, this is what the director has in mind, to each of them separately, and what do you have any problem with that? They She then comes back to me and says, here's what they are okay with, here's what you know. And then and then together on set when you're choreographing it, she is there and she is sort of being the liaison, if you will, because this is after, you know, decades of people feeling uncomfortable, so that is a new.
Speaker 3: And did it did the scene worked in your in your film? But did it work? Did the mechanics of it work on the day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was all great. I think it, you know, I think it protects everyone. Some people, you know, don't don't like it. Have been voiced not liking the system and saying, oh, come on.
Speaker 3: Has it robbed spontaneity in the frame?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You got to stick to what you I've had it. I've had an intimatecy coordinator twice. Oh you have yes, you have to stick to what you guys discussed.
Speaker 3: What if what if something is sparking for the two of us and for Bob and Susan, and all of a sudden, Susan is is is on a on a train of thought and a train of behavior that Bob it wasn't in the blueprint for Bob and now spontanated the frame.
Speaker 1: What about that?
Speaker 2: I think it's about communication. I think that Susan and could say like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know it's all right if you do this, Yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: Grab my breast or this is hot. Why don't we do when we do another take? If it's okay with you, grab my I'm just pulling this on my au grab my breast and and then and I think it's just about like everything's fine as long as there's communication and people don't feel I think in the past, here's an example, women were feeling like they were being pushed to do things that they hadn't signed on to do, and and then they were being pushed to do so in front of the crew and in front of everyone they weren't and they weren't feeling safe or they're feeling pressured, and the goal I think is to is to eliminate anybody feeling uncomfortable or pressured into something they didn't sign up for.
Speaker 3: I think, in an SAT context, your your sex therapist is to couples as a intimacy coordinator is to actors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's that's right. It's about like, hey, we never talked about this. Yeah, there's probably some breakthroughs for us to have if we had honest talks about sex, because people stereotypically in the past haven't like sat down and talked about what they like and what they don't like.
Speaker 3: And it might allow one of the two people participating in an intimacy coordinator's coordination to put their duke's down, whether the guy has apprehension or the woman has apprehension, maybe you could lighten your burden there because of this third party. I don't know. I haven't been on that set yet.
Speaker 1: I will say, as I've gotten older, I don't necessarily like doing sex scenes and stuff like that. I mean, I dose that, I just I don't like it feels. It feels weird, you know what I mean. It feels weird to have all these people with cameras and everything on you. And I remember, I remember when the intimacy coordinator came in and they were like, we want to make sure we get a shot of you, not not a physical shot of it, but we want to show that you have now penetrated her. And I was like, oh my god Jesus, yeah exactly and uh and so then.
Speaker 2: You sort of had to act out that you were going inside of her.
Speaker 1: That I was going in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, did you do that? Did you do that? Well?
Speaker 1: I think I.
Speaker 2: Show us, show us what it would look like.
Speaker 1: No, but but it was just I just remember it.
Speaker 2: I had to do that once too, in the last kiss.
Speaker 1: It feels weird, you know what I mean, It feels it's weird just to think about, you know, how I do it? Is it necessarily how the intimacy coordinator or the other person sees it. And so now you're acting like you know what I mean, you're it feels fake kind of like I don't mind an intimacy coordinator. You it makes me feel safe, but you know, clear to set, I just want the camera guy there.
Speaker 2: Well, part of it is, like, you know, making sure the intimacy coordinator is also there to like, make sure there's no need for this to be going to everyone's monitors and phones.
Speaker 3: You know, Uh, there was there an intimacy coordinator on Scrubs, so now no, No, I didn't know if maybe there was, and I wasn't aware of it.
Speaker 2: No, we were just doing.
Speaker 1: That was that was the wild West Man, and you and Judy were, and you and Sarah Zachie, you guys were wildly intimate.
Speaker 2: I know that Pete's episode. Me and Sarah, we were just like I couldn't believe even when we shot it. I was like, they're gonna put this on network TV like we were. We were that felt at the time very uh, very r rated for for for primetime television.
Speaker 3: But also d D and Judy were macin and yeah, I felt really safe all the time.
Speaker 2: But don't you put his tongue in her mouth?
Speaker 1: Very early on, No, she put her tongue in my mouth, and I made the mistake of saying, oh, she slipped me the tongue and it again. I never got it again.
Speaker 2: And that was that was That was like first season you were like, oh, first it was pilot episode, bro, Yeah, and then eight years later you never got tongue again.
Speaker 1: No, true, Yeah, but I felt so safe with Judy. Judy and I. I don't know if she felt the same way with me, but Judy and I we had a lot of sex scenes together. Oh, I never felt like it never felt like, you know, either one of us was out of control or either I can't speak for her, but it never felt like. I never felt I never felt conscious of my weight, you know, I never felt there's all of these things that come into play. I felt safe with Judy. I think that's the ultimate form of chemistry, is when you can feel safe no matter what, like whether we were kissing, whether we were talking, if I had scenes with Judy, I knew I was good.
Speaker 3: You know, did you guys give yourself a mandate for your course correction or or your pivot with with fake doctors? You really mean, boil it down to here's what we're going to do now.
Speaker 2: I think it really just became we want to talk to people we find interesting. I mean, I know that's that's not very narrow like, it's the opposite of what you're saying. You have a very very specific niche that's the that's the mandate for your own podcast. I think for Donald and I was like, obviously, we prefer people that make us laugh because you know, for the most part, not every episode, but for the most part it's a comedy podcast, so we like people that are that have a sense of humor. But you know, we we we have you know, we had the Surgeon General on that wasn't a laugh riot, but he was fascinating. And we had Professor Scott Galloway on it wasn't a laugh riot, but he's fast, fantastic. How was a good one? Right?
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: So I just think that people that we go, it doesn't matter if you're an actor. We're not limited to famous people or actors, but just people that we go. I want to talk to that person. I think that's the goal is.
Speaker 3: I did the same thing with I opened up the aperture a little bit with storytellers, and I had on a real estate guy here in Malibu who has sold eight billion dollars in residential real estate.
Speaker 2: I know that guy's name.
Speaker 3: What is his name, I'll tell you in a second. And what he did that was so interesting is because of course a house comes with a story, and which realtor is telling that story in a way that resonates for this buyer more than the other guy told it. And I'm going to do the same thing with a venture capitalist. I'm going to do it with a doula. Because you're picking this doula to birth your child, which has to be the most important event in your life. Why'd you pick her? And what story did she tell you about her experience? How did how did her story calm you? And go? Oh? I want that person here with me in the bottom of the ninth when the bases are jacked. I want her coming into the pool, into the birthing tub with me. What story is she telling? Uh? His name is Chris Cortazo, Yes, Chris. What Chris said? What was so interesting? Because I kept trying to There's no gotcha in connective tissue, and so it allows storytellers to lower their dukes. I don't want to, I don't wanna ambush you. I really want to know, as Zachi, you were so unbelievably articulate when you came on. I really want to know specifically your relationship to storytelling and what Chris finally, instead of telling I call it the first date face. You know, sometimes we tell people what we think they want to hear. And I'm not interested in that. I really want to dig into storytelling as I did with you, Zachi. And when when Chris, when it was stripped away with Chris Cartaso this real estate savant, I said, well, but what's different about you? And he goes, I'm really nice, which is the exact opposite of what you associate with realtors who will slit each other's throats euphemistically to get a commission. And Chris was like, no.
Speaker 2: But he what he did was brilliant. I watched it happen, and there's a there's an area of Malibu that's that he little by little, he sort of bought all of it. I mean yeah, obviously off of his success. And then once he owned all of it, he just said, all right, this neighborhood is now this much more money, and and it was. I mean, I mean, it's only a move of power realtor could make. But you know, it's pretty impressive what he accomplished.
Speaker 3: But that's a part of his vision with the story he was telling. That's what I mean. There's connective tissue back to the story you're telling, and your capacity said, he is a storyteller to communicate your story, and so from Chris to this Duela I'm going to have on. It's really interesting to open up the scope of storytellers. Now, you can't just have random Bob or Sue on if they're not capable of articulating. So there is quite a bit of discretion I need to exercise with who I'm inviting on. If someone is shrugging and I don't know, I mean, you know, and all this bullshit, that doesn't work. I need someone who has capacity to articulate what their journey is.
Speaker 2: So you should have Bill Lawrence on.
Speaker 3: It's a hard get.
Speaker 2: You know, he's quite busy.
Speaker 3: She's a little busy. You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I was Bill a lot this holiday, and I can't really understand how he manages to do all that he's doing. Not only does he have his family that he's obviously so involved in and such a good dad, but he's got like six shows going, and I just it's hard enough to fathom being a showrunner of one show. And granted, he's got an amazing staff and an amazing team and lots of other incredible writers helping him and producers, our friend Randall being one of them, But man, I just it's hard to I watch it. My point is I watch it from the sidelines, and I'm like, fucking hell, Like one of those things would stress me out. You're talking about six things, yes, Donald.
Speaker 1: Does he do does he do them all at the same time? Or does he spread it out? That's the question.
Speaker 2: They're spread out. But for example multiple right now currently, just as an example, the Shrinking writers Room is going, and Shrinking's about to go into production. The writer's room for the new Corell show is going, and that's going to soon go into production. So there are multiple and then and then the other ones are like you know, you know, the Bad Monkey Season two is happening, but that's a little bit far out. But he's got to get writers writing those scripts. So it's they all.
Speaker 3: Overlap, plus the Ted Lasso reboot, yes, plus the Ted Last Possible Scrubs reboot, plus the Possible Scrubs.
Speaker 2: Reboot and more. That's five or six. Yeah, and then he's got other stuff that's happening too. But it's it's I don't know, I don't know how i'd sleep at night, let alone, let alone managing to find time for family and also your own recreation because you don't want to get so busy that your whole life is only working.
Speaker 3: It seems that on the drama side, Taylor Taylor Sheridan is of is cut from the same cloth as Bill in how prodigiously spread out he is?
Speaker 2: Do you watch those shows? John?
Speaker 3: Still love them?
Speaker 2: Really? I'm going to get on the Yellowstone train. I've not joined.
Speaker 3: Yellow Starting is good, but the guy's gotten better and better at his job. Landman with the Billy Bob Thornton, I hear, yeah, I'm gonna write that Lionis is as good as a Lioness and land Man is that?
Speaker 1: What is that the one with her and Nicole Kidman?
Speaker 3: Yes, and they're both great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been hearing this about Lioness and land Man. Lioness she goes under cover, right, and she's like an undercover ages.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's it's it's special Ops. It's missus mister and Missus Smith meets Special Ops. Mister and Missus Smith. When when Brad and Angelina and Joe Lee did it, it was a little tongue in cheek. Lioness is not this is the end of the world. This is desperately serious.
Speaker 2: I like that, But she she's.
Speaker 3: Trying to manage two teenage girls, a teenage girl and a younger one, and a marriage and being the head of a special ops group that is playing for real and it's fricking great.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. Zach, Johnny, did you did you watch The Golden Globes? Do you have any favorite movies this year?
Speaker 3: I don't have favorite movies as much as I have favorite TV shows.
Speaker 1: You're a TV guy.
Speaker 2: What else are you watching?
Speaker 3: The guy the Michael Fassbender, who I'm endlessly fascinated by.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the Fastbender story?
Speaker 3: Doing a remake of a French uh undercover thing called the Agency? He's freaking great.
Speaker 1: Did you hear we don't need We went to Yes, we do. We went to Vegas and.
Speaker 2: Quick version because he heard the story.
Speaker 1: We went to Vegas and Michael Fastbender mistook young Zach Braff young for Dak Shephard and his way of mistaking. He goes, he came up to Zach and goes, I fucking love you. You're so amazing. Everything you do is great, and I love chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah he loves chips.
Speaker 1: Well, say Zachy, Well, first I was the one that said it. I was like, Doug, no, you're thinking to somebody else.
Speaker 2: But then Donald tried Donald being a sweet friend, trying to big up me. He was like, no, this is Zach Braff. He made gardens guard person. Well, Donald starts up listing my credits.
Speaker 1: And this he tried to walk away from us, like, oh my bad. I was like, no, motherfucker, you're not.
Speaker 2: Definitely, it's definitely one of the cringiest moments of my twenty twenty four especially because my my heart's sword, because I love him and respect him so much as a as a thespian, and he was he was talking to me as though I would talk to you know, scor and he was like, he was like what you do no one can do. And I'm thank you. I mean, he had like his hand on my chest and I would just glowing from the inside. And then he said, I mean chips, and I was like, oh my god. A So then I texted Dak Shepherd Johnny and I was like, it is important for you to know how much Michael Fassbender loves chips, because this compliment should not be wasted on.
Speaker 3: That was a righteous thing for you to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, Bro, you need to know that this is clearly a movie that means a lot to him.
Speaker 3: I can also recommend the girl Kira Knightley Hell, I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has something doves blackdoves, black, doves black.
Speaker 3: She's freaking great. And the guy who was James Bond's new gadget guy for a second, Ben's name Ben. He's something. Yeah, he's a really handsome guy and he's great.
Speaker 2: Daniel. You there, we looked that up. Ben.
Speaker 3: He's such a good actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. That's a good show. I watched that.
Speaker 3: One, and you can binge the whole thing. So yes, I am afraid this year I've been enjoying TV shows more than movies.
Speaker 1: To tell you the truth, all right, I gotta ask you both this question now.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was gonna happens?
Speaker 1: Right now? Okay, come down as of right now? Gohad if it was a movie or a television show that was offered up, go ahead, what are you going to take? No, they're both equally they're both equally impressive. You're going to go TV shows?
Speaker 2: What the TV show is going to mean? Not? The TV show is going to mean more work of doing the thing. You love. Yes, Daniel Ben with Shaw Ben, thank you. He's a phenomenal actor.
Speaker 3: That guy can throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fucking love that guy. He was.
Speaker 3: He was Daniel Craig's new cue magic guy. That's it. Yeah, THQ. And he was great. He was so glib and he was great. He was really good and nominal in the Cure Knightly Thing.
Speaker 1: He was really good in Mary Pott Mary Poppins reboot too. He was actually played the dad in it, and he was I saw that. Yeah, I was the one person. I was the one person. But he was very dramatic in it, and he had the dramatic role in the movie and he did. He did a great job.
Speaker 2: Johnny Donald, may I have a question now? Yeah, go ahead, okay, thank you Johnny. As one of New Jersey's most beloved sons, what are your thoughts on New Jersey being infiltrated an attack by drones and you have aliens?
Speaker 1: Dude, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: I have had more contradicting reports on this, and it's kind of fabulous to think that it is contact, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe so.
Speaker 3: It's easy to be cynical so quick, but it would be really great if they picked the Garden State.
Speaker 2: Yes, a touch point. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: MH.
Speaker 3: It told it, thmas Alva Edison was in there, Alan Old, Zach Braff, Johnny Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 2: Well, listen the world. Many people don't know this, but cinema itself began in West Orange, New Jersey. And there's a museum, and there's a museum there where Edison invented the film camera, and there's a there's a thing called the Black Mariah. I know this because not because of film school, because I, as a child, I was taken there, which was a room, a large room mini the first sound stage, if you will, not a sound stage, the first the first room you filmed in. And it was on a circular track with a retractable ceiling, and it would spin to find the sun wherever the sun was. You could rotate the room on the Black Mariah. You can look this up on the.
Speaker 3: Google and fucking date u Zuki you talk like this. I would generators.
Speaker 1: I would date you.
Speaker 2: I gotta find really a really nice woman version of Johnny c I would date it would.
Speaker 1: What is that Kim Peel sketch where they're boxers and they're talking at their on the other day and they're talking about the fight right before I'm talking yeah, and uh. One guy goes, all I'm saying, is we getting a ring. It's gonna be bam boom, I'm gonna knock you out. And then the other guy kind of doesn't Mike Tyson talking. He's like, listen, the only thing that's gonna happen is I'm gonna get in that ring and I'm gonna fuck you in the ass. He's like what he goes, He goes, yeah, man, he likes to get all in people's heads. He said, no, no, no, I'm not talking about getting in your head. I'm talking about getting in your asshole. I'm gonna I'm gonna love you. I'm gonna we're gonna go out on dates and we're gonna i'm gonna take you out and we're just when we're gonna get a couple that holds hands all the time and just when we get comfortable, and everybody's like looking at us, like, oh, there's such a sweet couple. They look like they go and do great things together. I'm gonna take you home and I'm gonna enjoy fucking you. Yes, you know what the you know what.
Speaker 3: The problem we send the old storytellers like Donald is I'm going to go watch this and it's not going to be half as good.
Speaker 2: We'll send when we get off the phone. It's hilarious. It makes you so sad that Jordan Peele seemingly doesn't want to do sketch comedy ever again, because he was one of the greats to ever do it. And it's the funniest fucking sketch.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 2: All than I do these days is send each other on d MS back and forth, key and peel sketches.
Speaker 3: Oh well, put me in I want I want to be circled into as much as I should know.
Speaker 2: On that front, they were brilliant and and uh and on Instagram they sort of like cut them down, like just like a minute a minute of the sketch. So it's the funniest part.
Speaker 3: Did you guys make We do it different than than resolutions. We do intentions. We New Year's intentions. We have a bonfire down at the beach and tiny one since they're not in vogue, and then you write down your intention on a little piece of paper and then you throw it in the bonfire. Did you guys make any intentions for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: No, but we can right now in front of hundreds of thousands of people, Donald's go.
Speaker 1: I just want to get my health in check, my family's health in check, you know what I mean. Like, that's the that's the goal. I've already stopped drinking, I've stopped smoking marijuana. I've you know, going to the gym. I'm going to the gym every day now. I'm trying to get that. You know, I don't know if I'll get a six pack again, but I'm going to try not get.
Speaker 2: If we do a scream boot, I think you should be thin.
Speaker 1: You know, you never know. There's a lot, there's a rabbit hole of things that could be in the way of that. Like as far as you know, lactose intolerant and sillyac does the all of these things, Julia, not what's the where you where you're allergic to gluten? What's that?
Speaker 2: That's that's siliac. But you you would know if you have celiac, you have it. There's a test for it. You just might not. You might be gluten sensitive, but that's not going to inhibit your ability.
Speaker 3: But that's a good intention for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I just want to get my health in check. I know I can't I know I can't nurture it because it's nature ultimately at the end of the day. But I want to do my best to keep my family and myself in good health. That's my intention for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: What about you, Jackie.
Speaker 2: I would like to to find love and all right on and start a family. If it's not too late for me. It might be too late for to sorrow family, I don't know, but if it's not too late, I'd like to have a family, start a family.
Speaker 3: What do you mean too late? Do you mean because you have do you do you have obstacles between your ears or what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I just mean I'm forty nine years old, and I know there's plenty of people who have children up until they die. But I just mean, you know, I'm in a place now where I'm like, I'm not sure. I'm on the fence if if I'm going to be someone that has children or not. I feel like I could be swayed either way depending on whom I fall in love with and what and what she wants. I feel like I could. I always thought I would definitely definitively have children. But now I feel like I've reached a place in an age where I'm like, I don't, I don't know it could it could fall either way, but I but I would like. I like the daydream of the idea of having a child.
Speaker 3: Donald, Did you know even early on, did you always know you were going to be a father, that you were going to be a papa Bear?
Speaker 1: No, I had no clue. I didn't. I was I I you know, No, I had no clue. But once it happened and I experienced it, it became It's really gratifying. It's, you know, watching yourself grow again. It really is like a time machine.
Speaker 3: You get to see you got better at it as things have progressed.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think I'm still learning. I think the mistakes that I made in the past I'm not going to make again. But I'm definitely.
Speaker 3: Think that qualifies as as learning and growing and getting better at it if you were to quantify it.
Speaker 1: But I could fuck these kids up. I could fuck up rock or a wild or two. I'm sure of it. You know, I don't want.
Speaker 3: Those against everything that you're about.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to do that. Dude, you're a really good dad. And also Casey keeps you on the right track.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, that's one thing that I did that I'm very proud of, is that I chose the right person finally, you know, I found the right one that you know, I was married before. I dated a bunch of chicks and all of that stuff. Chicks, I dated a bunch of women and all of that stuff. But at the end of the day, I found the right one and and I know it. Zach.
Speaker 2: I love you, Zach. I love you, like Zach was.
Speaker 3: Just saying when he was leaning into And this is the connective tissue, is Casey. It's a two way street man. It's it's a two pronged front. It ain't a solo act, otherwise you crash and burn. And for you, Zachi, to know that you're going to lean into someone else with Zach and whoever this other person is, that's at least you got the blueprint down.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm trying to put it. I'm trying to manifest it and find my partner, my person.
Speaker 1: The person that you can accept and the person that accepts you is the when it happens you can't fight it, though, you got to let it go, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, well, you can in fact fight it.
Speaker 1: But then you're fucking You're sabotaging yourself.
Speaker 3: Of course, but people do that every day.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I do that. That is true, Johnny. What about you? What intention did you set for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: I took about four years off here very much on purpose, because I didn't like the sniveling, pedophile and Hitler leaders and this kind of stereotype that white middle aged men now are occupying in scripts, and so I turn everything down for the last three or four years because they didn't want to perpetuate whatever that stigma is. And also, now white middle edged men are stupid, and if you put me in front of a lens and say this, this face is stupid, it's bad casting. And so you get sent these things. And I didn't want to participate in that storytelling, and so I didn't. And so I got to be here for three or four years and help with really some foundational value structuring with the two girls and continue with MAXI, and everybody's in good shape. And so I was bold enough to say, I'm going to work my ass off this year as a storyteller, not that I'm going to take time off as parenting, but I am going to work fourteen and sixteen hour days again.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that and I'm good with it? Oh, I was want to say, doesn't that scare you? Because that kind of scares me now, Like I don't want to miss I want to work. Also, I definitely want to get out there and make shit happen. But I really enjoyed since COVID, I really enjoyed being present and home with my wife and children, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And yeah, and Daddy, mom, I drive everybody. I'm Daddy the driver. And what's great about being Daddy the driver? And there's a this is a two pronged participation response to you, Donald, what's great about being Daddy the drivers? People chat in the back uh to their friends because I'll drive their friends A B. There's no one else on the planet you're safe for driving with me because nothing, nothing is going to fucking happen and c unfortunately around here. And d I'm sure you're you got to be arriving at this pretty soon. I can hear a shot clock ticking to when the girls get their licenses and they're going to be the fuck out of here, just like I was when Zaki and I in Jersey, when you got your license, you were the fuck out. And that's going to happen around here. And they're not going to rely on me as much for simply getting them from transporting them for a to B and so I relish that responsibility. That is not a burden to me. It never has been. Uh. And so when there's four or five, you're back there and you're all chatty Kathy's I'm listening to every goddamn syllable and it's fantastic. But I know people are going to get their licenses here in a minute or two and I'm not going to be needed as much. And that makes me really sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes me sad to know that I got about eight years until they're definitely going to fucking bounce. They're out, bounce, stare out.
Speaker 3: It's in our DNA, It's it's in our back East DNA when you can bounce about. These kids are not going to be the I'm not casting this versions, but there's a disproportionate number of young people who move back into their people, their their parents' houses, and I get the socioeconomics of it. These two.
Speaker 1: Yah, yeah, I know the two I got right now. They pieces I can already tell. I can already tell. My daughter's like she's ready to go now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, man, And so yes, that's the one thing that scares me is I want to work, and I want to work really, I want. I still want to fulfill the dreams that I've had ever since I was a kid. I still want to pursue this craft to the fullest. But I don't want to miss out on the stuff that I've experienced in the last four years. The things that I've experienced in the last four years have been so amazing, watching Rocko play basketball, wild to getting into dance, you know what I mean. Like, there's just so many things, you know, being there for my other children when they needed me, you know what I mean. There's so many other things that that I got to experience, and I don't want to miss out on future stuff. But I do want to work. I want to work more more than anything.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm choosing to believe will be in a position to find some modicum of balance. Whatever that looks like. I don't know, but I'm choosing to believe that, given our experienced position, we'll be able to exercise some decision making, that we'll be able to integrate both work and participating as a parent into the equation, don't.
Speaker 1: You I hope so Zach said something that really hit home for me. He was like, you know, I don't I haven't given up on life. This is like, I'm not don't quote, this isn't what he exactly said. I'm paraphrasing, obviously, but I don't want to spend the next few years being a workaholic, you know what I mean. I do want to work, but I don't want to be so stuck in my job that I'm missing everything that's coming and that passes in front of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's also my place where I feel like I've been since I was, you know, graduated college to now solely focused on on work and uh and and haven't yet had a chance to have a family. And so I'm in a different sort of slightly different priority list than you guys, because you guys have made beautiful families and I don't know, my mine's a little my life's a little backwards that way, but it's the same.
Speaker 1: It's the same conversation, Bro, you don't want to miss it.
Speaker 3: Is the same conversation.
Speaker 2: I just hope that I can find someone who is down to make babies with me. Uh, Donald, would you be willing to bear my children?
Speaker 1: It'll be an ass baby.
Speaker 2: I would love to get an ass baby in you.
Speaker 3: For for the uninformed, what I think I know what an ass baby is. What is an ass baby?
Speaker 2: An ass baby is a fantasy creature that can grow in Donald's asshole. I would grow in I would ejaculate in his rectum, and mysteriously, our baby would grow, even though he does not have a uterus in there. Something would happen. Some magic magic is involved.
Speaker 3: This is my first introduction to the concept of the as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donald and I would make.
Speaker 1: That's the first explanation of ass forever.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is what you're gonna have. Donald. If I don't find a wife in the next five years, I would like to tick you up on your offer to have enough.
Speaker 1: I didn't offer. I didn't offer my ass. I just warned you that if there were to be a baby, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't want my penis inside you, we could do a We could do Uh what do you call it? IVF where we just in vitro into your butthole with my seamen with like with a turkey baster. And on that note, I think we should wrap up. Johnny, we love you, so good to see you. Check out Johnny's podcast Connected Tissues, It's really good and Donald's kind Us Out.
Speaker 1: Album count Us In and Out five, six, seven.
Speaker 4: Eight Stories that show we made about a bunch of docs and nurses in Canada who love I said, here's the story next.
Speaker 1: All should know. So gadder round you here, yead around you here. O. Stuff we show is that