Speaker 1: Hey, Fanarritos, and welcome to an incredibly special episode of How Rude Tanneritos. In case you're new here, I've been carrying a torch for a very special person for the last thirty six years. I first fell in love with those baby blue eyes and curly mushroom top hair in nineteen eighty eight when he sang the very first single for New Kids on the Block, Please Don't Go Girl.
Speaker 2: I've followed his career ever.
Speaker 1: Since, and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever meet him, let alone become friends with him. And now here we are with him as my guest today. He is the youngest member of New Kids on the Block, but his talent extends far beyond the group.
Speaker 2: He is a true theater kid who.
Speaker 1: Rose to become a leading man, lighting up TV, film and the Broadway stage in hits like Wicked and Waitress. He made two appearances on Fuller House, once with his bandmates in the season two episode New Kids in the House, and again in the series finale, when he officiated the triple wedding in the Tanner Fuller Gibbler backyard. In addition to his acting career, he has also released eight solo albums, including his most recent Freedom, which he has described as a reflection of self discovery and artistic independence, and he's about to hit the road again with Phase two of his Freedom Tour, kicking off September twenty ninth in Anaheim. He is one of my favorite people in life. Watching him on stage doing what he was clearly born to do is one of my greatest joys. But when your teenage crush turns out to be one of the most genuine, kind hearted humans you could ever meet, well, now that's a dream come true. It is my deepest honor to welcome to the pod Joey McIntyre.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, Hello, Hi there, wait there we go on your sideways?
Speaker 4: Are you that way? Yeah? Your sideway?
Speaker 3: Your side? Your sideways?
Speaker 4: Like why is that? Okay? Hold on?
Speaker 5: Do you have you have your lock thing on your rotate lock you know, heything like middle aged people trying to figure out how Hi joe boomers.
Speaker 4: Right, I know. I'm glad you have shelves behind you too.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the shelving. It's it's that, That's what it is. It's a well curated shelves. Since twenty twenty we've all been just finding a good bookcase to make look cute in the background.
Speaker 4: I love you guys, you know me.
Speaker 5: We are so excited to have you on the show. Uh, Joe, I just we're really really thrilled.
Speaker 3: To have you here. I mean, we have.
Speaker 5: All heard extensively about Andrea's love for NKOTB. But I mean, I didn't realize you two were. I mean, there's so many cute pictures of you guys. You guys are friends.
Speaker 2: We go way back the history of our friendship.
Speaker 4: We go way back.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to know. I want to know more.
Speaker 5: Inquiring minds, Uh, what is what is your like friendship origin story? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: This is a test?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't know I was going to be testing you on this, but.
Speaker 6: You know, I mean when you go way, way, way back, I was.
Speaker 4: I was kind of kind.
Speaker 5: Of in a.
Speaker 4: You know, teenage uh kind of fog. Didn't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't I don't remember probably the first time he met like way back in like late eighties.
Speaker 1: No, No, I never met you in the eighties. I didn't meet you till till twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was nice.
Speaker 5: I know this yeah, yeah, back then it was it was you.
Speaker 6: Know, it was there was this one there was this one famous Big Bopper and magazine party.
Speaker 3: And oh god, that's the magazine.
Speaker 4: Somewhere in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: So I didn't know if Andrew was there or not, and that that was the There was a lot of you know, there were a lot of people there that even you know, years and years later that yeah, is that that you know it was. There was certainly no debauchery. We were having popsicles.
Speaker 3: And those those party the Big Bopper and teen Bop and all that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that was.
Speaker 6: New for us because we were like East Coast guys and you guys are you know out here and probably used to that, and you know, the acting world is a little bit different, so it was it was kind of a unique evening for us.
Speaker 4: But eleven, yeah, I mean different.
Speaker 1: That's not the origin of our friendship. Okay, I have I have an answer to this, but I want to know what your answer.
Speaker 2: Is to this.
Speaker 1: My answer, yeah, well, we became friends, not when we met, but when we became you know, for buddies.
Speaker 2: I don't I think I thought about, like, I know, would that be Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 6: First well, the first time was twenty elevel when you did the video for us for Over the.
Speaker 2: Mixtate twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: That was twenty twelve for Mixtape Mixtape Festival and Hershey.
Speaker 4: Personally, that was like, oh my god, I can't believe.
Speaker 6: I don't remember like hanging out a hardcore before that.
Speaker 2: So okay, good, that's a genesis. Yeah, okay, He's.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, good, I'm glad I passed that. Okay, And after.
Speaker 6: One and then we uh, I just thought it was really cool that you jumped in and like was like, you know, amazing at what you do and like part of the whole gang. And since then it's been a string of sitting on couches and trying to read each other's minds.
Speaker 4: I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, my memory goes back to twenty thirteen when we ran the Hollywood Half marathon.
Speaker 2: This is this is the.
Speaker 1: Origin of our friendship because we were in that VIP room. We got the great VIP treatment.
Speaker 4: Oh we wasn't there.
Speaker 2: We were in a limo. Yes, I have the picture of us that.
Speaker 3: You in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It took us from the VIP suite to the starting line and you and I had a conversation on the way to the limo and to the star Line, and uh, you were telling you were saying how nice it is to have VIP bathrooms and I'm like, oh, yeah, because those porta potties. Those are terrible. Nobody wants to do the pre race poopers. And you said yeah, and I'm a double number twur.
Speaker 4: A double number two.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then you said, I think we're officially friends now because this is the most personal I've ever gotten with anyone. So that's when we became friends. When you told me that you're a double number two.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I'm surprised you don't remember that shoe because you're never gonna forget it after today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one was yeah, well there you go. There's gonna be hashtags of that momentarily.
Speaker 4: I do remember the I do remember we jumped right in.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I'm I'm known for better or for worse for my sarcasm, and you know, Andrea is a heavyweight in that department too, so we kind of I remember that car ride because it's like we jumped right in and it was sort of like a free for all. I don't think we were going at each other necessarily, we were in for a good time. What are we doing in a limo before a thirteen mile run on Hollywood Boulevard. It was nothing is random, but you know that would be in the random category.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, for sure that was a great That was a great memory.
Speaker 4: Are you still running?
Speaker 2: By the way, I do not know. I have forty nine year old knees now, so I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: Yes, I took I took a big break, but I'm getting back at it. Actually I did like ten eleven miles. The other way, of course, the recovery is like casual.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't want to I don't want to brag, but I did run what was it, a four k for your birthday? And that's the most I've ever run consecutively, so I haven't done before or since, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to throw that in there. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not a runner, but nobody it's it's uh.
Speaker 6: The endorphins are like no other, but it it takes a lot.
Speaker 5: To I love working out running now now only if I'm running from something or to something that I that I like.
Speaker 3: You know, that's the two exceptions.
Speaker 6: Jody I have a question for you though, because yes, you know, I don't know if it's but the I was wondering, and I'm not I'm not trying to set you up.
Speaker 5: I really want to Oh no, no, no, no, it's okay.
Speaker 6: Who is your who is your band? Who was your Who is your new kids? If you have one?
Speaker 1: I did a good question, yeah, because she always reminded me that she can't tell the five of you apart.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Better, okay, stupid getting like that. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: It's not that bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know that there's brothers in there somewhere. No, no, you.
Speaker 2: Know that because you interviewed them too, so.
Speaker 3: I know, and you had to prep me.
Speaker 5: I was like, what do I need to know from the fount of all of the n technology?
Speaker 2: I made her homework last night.
Speaker 5: It's a sport like in sync era, I think, like in sinc Backstreet. Yeah, sort of like mid nineties. But I also like wasn't as much the boy band thing.
Speaker 3: I was more like hip hop. And you know, if.
Speaker 5: Look if Wu Tang, I went to plenty of I went and saw a method man Redman in high school, like that was my that was my jam. So you yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing personal, nothing personal.
Speaker 3: It was just it was also like that five year.
Speaker 5: Difference of like you know, generational five to ten or like eight to third. It's huge then, and so it was like, oh, they're they're too old, they're too old for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got it? Okay, good, I'm glad. I'm glad right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: If I if I did take it personally, that would have It's just good to know.
Speaker 4: But I never did. I never did.
Speaker 5: Okay good basically because the question.
Speaker 3: Felt like, hey, uh, why do you hate us? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Well, she's going to be a fan of yours after today.
Speaker 3: I am a fan of Joe's.
Speaker 5: I we we.
Speaker 3: Were we did pop TV stuff together, did Yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Did the two shows. I mean yeah, a lot of press together. I mean yeah, a lot of bits.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of bits, A lot of bits.
Speaker 1: Is that network still in existence, the Pop Network or probably not still?
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 3: Don't I don't know, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was always so kind of under the radar, and really the it Shit's Creek was the thing that it brought from Canada that kind of took off, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was under the CBS umbrella, so you kind of felt like it was you.
Speaker 5: Know, you had right, but we were like on the edge of the umbrella, whereas like you kind of got rained on a little bit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You were getting wet and you were like, oh, can I just go a little bit? They were like no, no, no, no, you're over there. Yeah, So a little bit like that.
Speaker 5: It was fun though, Oh my god, it was so much fun. We had a great time. Yeah, we had a great time.
Speaker 2: And we loved having you on Fuller House twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on Fuller House twice, I, which was a dream.
Speaker 6: I I that's the that's the sweetest thing that I remember like every so often that like I was on not only the last episode, but like officiated a triple wedding, Like it was in that room to like even like obviously birds I had to like see all you guys once again, just just be together and share yet another amazing moment together with all I mean, never mind the crew, right and all those people that made it.
Speaker 4: Happen, everybody on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a weird day. That was like an eighteen hour day for us. My wedding gowns.
Speaker 5: Sewn into the dress I couldn't sit down in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so fun to have you a part of.
Speaker 3: It, though, Oh my god, it was great.
Speaker 2: That was so great.
Speaker 6: People share about Bob all the time, but and then I'm sure you don't mind.
Speaker 4: Either, because it's nice to bring him up.
Speaker 6: But I did get an amazing selfie with him, and like I had never met him, really, I might have met him at Jeff's house, Jeff Franklin's house. Yeah, but not too much. And it's so funny because if you don't, if you don't know him, he's just this sweet, affable guy and you don't, you know, it's so separate from you know, the.
Speaker 4: Crazy, his dark humor, the dark, dark blue stuff. Yeah, so that was sweet. And I have to say that I didn't take my drugs today.
Speaker 3: Dave John, Sorry, John John. There we go, There we go.
Speaker 4: That's why that's true.
Speaker 5: I'm never gonna let him forget that you forgot his name. I'm texting, yeah, John, someone forgot your name today.
Speaker 6: Here's the problem, such a great one, the issue. He's a one named person and it's stamos.
Speaker 3: It's not just true.
Speaker 6: You literally forget his name unless that's so, that's why I had the brain part.
Speaker 3: It was just his birthday two days ago to birthday. Yeah, yeah, Happy birthday sixty two.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, August August what nineteenth?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 6: Hello, It's Danielle Fischl, Righter Strong and Wilfridell from Podmeats World and we're bringing you Viva last content.
Speaker 7: That's right, we are back in Las Vegas, the city of Sin and giving the people what they want, a full week of y two K content.
Speaker 3: Wait, we're back in Vegas. Tell me why? Well, for the Backstreet Boys residency. It's sphere. Of course.
Speaker 6: We sat down with Kevin Richardson and Ajmclean just minutes before they took the stage, and our very own Wilfridell basically became the newest member of the band.
Speaker 3: Boy band Please.
Speaker 6: Plus, the man who has the longest running comedy show on the strip joins us and gets his props.
Speaker 3: It's Carrot Top Baby, And finally we all l O V E.
Speaker 6: Her Ashley Simpson Ross joins us to talk about her upcoming sold out Vegas residency.
Speaker 3: It's a full week of nostalgic interview. You don't want to.
Speaker 6: Miss listen to Podmeats World on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts, but stay most anyways, I'm so glad. Years ago, right after he had his first kid.
Speaker 4: I said, it's over. You're finally not going to be ageless.
Speaker 6: Anymore, like and so sure enough, every time I see him now, he goes, you, curse me, curse.
Speaker 4: Me, you cut like. I love that. I love that he remembered that. But yeah, he's kidding.
Speaker 3: Children do age you, That's really what they do.
Speaker 2: They do, Yeah, they sure do. Well.
Speaker 1: It was such a natural fit to have you and your bandmates on Puller House because there's such a crossover between Full House fans and New Kids fans, and it's multi generational.
Speaker 2: Like talk about job security for all of us.
Speaker 3: It's got I'm so glad. Everyone wishes it was the nineties again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got your mom's taking their daughters to see you in concert. You've got parents who grew up watching Full House are now introducing their kids to the show.
Speaker 2: And it's just this wonderful feeling.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: What is that like for you to.
Speaker 4: Well, to see the first the first time we were on Fuller House, you know I was.
Speaker 6: My kids were you know, obviously younger, they're teenagers now, but you know, there was lots of you know, soccer games and baseball games, and so immediately, you know, I would be at the soccer game or whatever, and like it just became a habit.
Speaker 4: People would run up and go who are you?
Speaker 6: You know, and it was all because I was on Fuller House, you know, it was it was completely they had no idea who I was otherwise, so I had this whole other wave of you know, recognition, which was cute. And it was so street of you guys too, especially the you know, the first episode to just get right to it and and it was kind of nice. It was like, you know, I think you had mentioned it before, you know how the Beach Boys the first time around were such a you know for stay Mos and and like even to even to have that same.
Speaker 4: Vibe that like we kind of had that vibe you.
Speaker 5: Guys, there's a band that kind of has made a couple appearances that is like a through line through the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was, I mean, talk about an honor to just kind of be maybe you know, accidentally confused in that vibe.
Speaker 4: It was. It was really sweet that you guys did that.
Speaker 6: And you know, obviously us coming back, you know after so many years, there were there were a lot of like you know, behind the scenes similarities and things. And then and then for everybody that you know, the audience, like you say, you know, we were really kind of like on parallel you know paths there, you know.
Speaker 5: Vibe wise, Yeah, definitely same like age bracket of fays and nostalgia.
Speaker 3: Now and all of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I always say it's now people our age that are you know, have moved up to running studios or our executive producing or whatever. They're like, ooh, oh, you know, I want to see Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I say that all the time. Now.
Speaker 6: First of all, when the New Kids came back in two thousand and eight, and we kind of were building towards something and you know, we we had enough you know, I guess self esteem and confidence in ourselves that we you know, we had somewhat of a plan. But all at that time, our our fans were not yet the CEOs and running, but.
Speaker 4: They were assistants.
Speaker 6: They were they were the people that ran into their boss's office and said, no, this is legit, Like right, I forget so in that same vibe, you know, I say it all the time, like our you know, we are you know, the tentacles are out. It's like they're in there and and part of the culture. And yes, I concur we've been very lucky.
Speaker 2: M do you know do you know?
Speaker 3: Why do I?
Speaker 4: Why do I know that donut? What did? Why do I that donut?
Speaker 2: Behindimmy gibbler? That's why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it is.
Speaker 3: It's an infamous can we get sorry?
Speaker 6: You know I have so many you know, nick knacks. I was in another room, right, and you guys, can you know I wanted to do something. I don't want the because I do all the zooms in the this room and I'm like, what other angle can be somewhat different? And I said, let me go to another room and it had this fun wall paper and then I was there was Nickknacks, and I was curating the knickknacks, you know, at eight in the morning. And then I realized there's no there's no doors on this particular room in my My daughter is homeschooled.
Speaker 4: We're not weird, we're normal people. Normal home school.
Speaker 5: Is right, do you remember We've got to preface that now, like that.
Speaker 6: She's a fantastic gymnast. So yeah, it's just that's that's the call. So anyways, but she's.
Speaker 4: In the other room and I said, oh, I can't do this, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: My wife is going to give me the stink eye within five seconds and then I'm going to have to move the whole setup. So I went back here and I was like, you know, you know I threw this up here.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know where this came from. Well, Yoda, Okay, I shouldn't say that because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Is that Yoda as a statue of liberty? It looks green?
Speaker 6: The funny thing you say, I had a statue of liberty in the other room that I could have brought it. It's what I want to see, is seeking you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's yeah, you blue.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's like that dress. Is it gold or white?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So anyways, where was I? Oh, the donut and you were going to say something, Andrea, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I don't know that you were pointing to your you were pointing.
Speaker 5: To the album, but you didn't notice his face yet.
Speaker 4: I have you know, that's what I was going to do.
Speaker 6: You see okay, good, oh good mine. You can't see mine, so you can't see that I have my album up from my room. That's very kind of you, very kind.
Speaker 1: I bought the CD and I don't even own a CD player, so I know it isn't that weird.
Speaker 6: But there's a nice there's a nice, fulled out poster that you have over your bedroom, right your bed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yes, you know I have to take that down.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to say no, but you know no.
Speaker 6: I saw yesterday and I'm sure you guys know that. And I can't think of anybody's name right now. So you know that's a hundred thousand dollars pyramid me right.
Speaker 3: And I'm losing all the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, the guy from Workaholics and.
Speaker 4: Very very funny guy. He was in Pitch Perfect.
Speaker 2: We'll have a produce hot.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this is you?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh my god? You know what I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if I'd ever do a podcast, But I'm going to do a podcast now, just because your producer popped up a text immediately and said, Adam divine.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, this is Maddie is our brain?
Speaker 3: So many times.
Speaker 5: We're like, I don't know, did we do She's like, type, yeah.
Speaker 1: You've done a podcast. You've did you hosted a podcast for a Hot Minute on the Move. I was one of your first guests.
Speaker 6: I just want to say, no, you're Your way of finding things out is so much more classier than Joe Rogan.
Speaker 4: You know what they pull that up well. Adam divine.
Speaker 6: So when he auditioned for Pitch Perfect, I love that you guys don't know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on the edge of.
Speaker 3: Oblivious.
Speaker 6: So he was on Workaholics. He's like, he got the audition. He's like, no, I don't want to. I don't want to do it. I love my show whatever. Pitch Perfect.
Speaker 4: He thought it was a baseball movie, right, I was like.
Speaker 6: So he shows up and he sees all these cute boys like ready to audition, and he read he didn't read the side, so he reads the sides, learns the sides really quick.
Speaker 4: He's like, all right, this isn't a freaking baseball movie.
Speaker 6: And so he does well on the audition, big surprise, and they go, well, will.
Speaker 4: You sing something?
Speaker 6: And he's like, oh man, I don't know what to sing, Like you know, all right? And he's sanging in this.
Speaker 4: Big, like growy, you know, soulful voice. He sang the theme song to full house.
Speaker 3: I have heard this story, actually, but I didn't know. Yes, I have heard the I of.
Speaker 4: Course it killed in the room.
Speaker 2: And history everybody knows the lyrics look.
Speaker 5: Basically, So basically we made Adam Devine.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying like that.
Speaker 2: We'll take credit for that.
Speaker 4: He has still been on Workaholic season fifteen.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, that's that's sure.
Speaker 6: When speaking of theme songs, and we're rolling here right, we're just oh no, we just.
Speaker 5: We have been doing this interview since the moment you popped up.
Speaker 3: Don't even worry about it.
Speaker 4: Soon, he notes out of the door.
Speaker 5: Tell you what our fan of Ritos expect, nothing more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 6: I kind of wish it was Andrea because it would have been I would have busted her chops more, Candice, it would have It didn't whatever, But for some reason, when she came to Vegas.
Speaker 4: And she was backstage, I came.
Speaker 6: Out into the hall and I told her in my mind the theme song that I took again.
Speaker 4: Because I'm older than you guys, are.
Speaker 6: You take the good you take the bad take the volunt there you have the facts of the life life. But I wouldn't if there was a gun into my head. I could not sing Full House theme song, you know what I mean? You know what I mean, Like Jody doesn't like the New Kids, I don't know the full you know, full House theme something.
Speaker 5: Shockingly large portion of the cast probably doesn't even nothing personal.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just kidding, but I just think it's like, uh, I thought that was kind of random.
Speaker 3: Look, I had it's a Small World stuck in my head last night. I don't know why. I don't know how it got in there. So talking about random things that pop.
Speaker 5: Into your head, you just never know what it's going to be. Sometimes it's the full House theme song. Sometimes it's just it's a small World over and over again. And I that's when I need to take my meds.
Speaker 6: I want to I want to hear method Man sing a Small World.
Speaker 3: So do I.
Speaker 5: And you know what, thankfully there's that could absolutely one do that, and it's probably gonna be really weird.
Speaker 4: Be here for Mark on that because Donnie's good friends with method Man.
Speaker 6: Actually he's been on Blue Buds a couple of times, so nice yeah, I'm gonna do it the old fashioned way.
Speaker 4: I'm going to text Donnie to text method man.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh I met him. I won dropped the mic. I met him.
Speaker 5: When I did that show and it was awesome and I was I was so honored.
Speaker 3: And then he even said on a.
Speaker 5: Late night show they I think it was Kimmel maybe asked him like, who was the most surprising guest you had on and he said, uh, it was me so.
Speaker 3: Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray.
Speaker 4: Nice Sweetheart. I battled Joey Fatone.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I remember, Yeah, I do buried him.
Speaker 4: I buried him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I really. I was really proud of myself. Actually, our producer Jensen Cart was also a producer on that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, anyway, enough about me. Back to Joe.
Speaker 1: Normally, our producer Mattie, she'll do like a rundown for us for every guest with a little bio and like some starter questions and stuff.
Speaker 5: I usually don't really read them until we're like in the interview, right I prepped.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I was the whole Rundown'm like, Mattie, don't touch this. I am writing the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's normally like a page, page and a half.
Speaker 1: Your rundown is six pages, color coated with a legend.
Speaker 3: And a safe word.
Speaker 5: There's a there was a she gave me a safe word, Joe, because I sometimes will go on tangents bit potentially funny ones sometimes, but sometimes I we'll veer a little.
Speaker 3: Far off to the side, that to the side.
Speaker 5: And so she was like, I'm giving you a safe word that if.
Speaker 3: I type it in the chat, you have to be quiet. So that was why now I pivoted real quick back to you after.
Speaker 5: We'd spend a moment on me, because I was like, I'm going to get the safe word here.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good, good, All right.
Speaker 1: First, I just want to remind you if you don't, I think you know this, but I'm going to tell our listeners because they don't know this, that in the original pitch for Fuller House, Jimmy Gibbler was supposed to have the way you.
Speaker 4: I just want to say it. I'm bearing, I'm bearing good.
Speaker 3: Are you going to give him a safe Joe?
Speaker 4: You're about to do a live ad? Oh?
Speaker 3: Because I went in former.
Speaker 5: Mode, that's why, right, so right right, yeah, And if you drink this tea you'll also yourself.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You want to be a double number two?
Speaker 3: Talk about a double? Yeah? No, sorry, all right, jesus.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna mute my mic.
Speaker 5: No no, no, don't absolutely don't transition back into my.
Speaker 3: Very are not our specialty? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: In the original pitch for Her House, Jimmy Gibbler was supposed to have five ex husbands and one of them was a Joey McIntyre impersonator.
Speaker 3: So funny, and we were going to ask.
Speaker 2: You to play the role. Did I think I told you this one time backstage in a concert and.
Speaker 3: Oh that would have been great.
Speaker 2: Would you have accepted this role?
Speaker 4: I think I think no.
Speaker 6: No, you were furious that I didn't drop everything, quit everything, go back home and just wait for the phone to ring.
Speaker 4: Like literally, that was your reaction.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, streamers out of the way, remember as an idea. She was pissed that I wasn't all in on the.
Speaker 3: Pitch, right right right. She was like when did you do it?
Speaker 5: And you were like She's like I can't believe you, and you're like, oh yeah, but.
Speaker 4: She literally like wanted me to sign.
Speaker 1: I had a docu sign ready waiting was a color coded didn't have a safe word.
Speaker 4: That is fun. That is a very funny bit. I like that. I would have I would have.
Speaker 2: Done it it agreed, hilarious. Well, yeah, they nixed that idea for whatever reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we should have had the Olsen twins come on as a Michelle impersonators and maybe they might have done it and then like it's not really them, It's just an impersonator, right.
Speaker 4: Would have been great.
Speaker 2: No, that would have been really funny, funny twist.
Speaker 6: Did you say, did somebody must have pitched actually bringing them on?
Speaker 3: Oh they were asked. Yeah, they were asked. They're like, we're not actors anymore.
Speaker 4: People actors playing them.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like a very very long shot. No, there were there were a couple like ideas back and forth, and then we were like we can't, we cannot, we can't.
Speaker 7: Do you Love Sex in the City. Now you can relive the magic from the very beginning, every date, every heartbreak, every Cosmopolitan with me Kristin Davis aka Charlotte Yorick on my podcast Are You a Charlotte. I'm rediscovering the show that we all love so much. Episode by episode. Open your free iHeartRadio app search are you a Charlotte and listen now.
Speaker 1: So the three of us share, three of us share a very special bond, like this unspoken connection because we all grew up in the spotlight and there's not many people in the world that you can talk to and have this sort of unspoken connection.
Speaker 2: And I'm reminded every once.
Speaker 1: In a while of that, Yeah, I grew up not I with not a normal childhood, and I know you can relate to that too, Joe.
Speaker 2: And so I'm what I'm thinking of is when your bandmates.
Speaker 1: Through you the graduation, your high school graduation in London while you're on tour, and how that's so that's not how most people graduate from high school.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how do you look back on that now? And do you have any regrets? Would you change anything?
Speaker 4: Regrets?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't want to say something corny like I don't believe in regrets because blah blah blah. Sometimes I'd say that because like I want to defend, like whatever I did was mine and my choice.
Speaker 4: You know, you know I think it.
Speaker 6: I think all these choices back then, whoever made them? You know, we us, the world whatever, h they cost, right, you can't you know they had a cost. And you know I often say about the picture that I took of the it's somewhere. I mean, I'm pretty good at keeping things. I think subconsciously, I I lost it because I'm holding the diploma and they gave me like a hat and I'm white as a ghost. Were like in the middle of like ten shows at Wembley and I'm eighteen, like dark circles under my eyes, white, just white and to boot I had my first serious girlfriend at the time, who was in California, and.
Speaker 4: I was on the phone too.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, yeah, she knows when you know what I mean that time change at eight hours.
Speaker 4: It was like a first relationship and like she was the best, but like you know, she if she.
Speaker 6: Could just keep me on the phone, everything would be fine, you know what I mean. And of course I had my own issues of like not having the tools to go love you for the seventeen thousand times.
Speaker 4: But I got to go to bed, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, five of the morning and then you wake up at three four in the afternoon, and it's so I mean, luckily, you know, there was never drugs and alcohol like in our world back then, but like it came.
Speaker 4: Out in other ways, you know what I mean, the function came out in other ways.
Speaker 6: So you know, it was it wasn't easy, and I think the recovery from that was took years, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean you still functioned and you still did other things, but there was.
Speaker 5: You know, it takes a while to pick it all apart. Andrea uh says, we're what recovering child stars or something because and not like recovering you know, we always say like it's not like with some from some deep, dark, terrible thing. It's just like all of us recovering from childhood trauma with a big tea or a little tea. Yeah, it takes you, not until you're kind of an adult to really pick it apart and be able to dissect it and look at it and maybe how it could have been different, should have been different.
Speaker 3: Was actually pretty cool, you know, so I think exactly it's yeah, but it is.
Speaker 5: It's such a unique way to have to get to know yourself at a time when you're really trying to.
Speaker 3: Figure out who you are.
Speaker 5: You have everybody in your ear and in the world kind of telling you who that person is and so it's I think it's a weird time for like self identity for young people.
Speaker 4: It's complicated, I think so.
Speaker 6: And I think, you know, talking about it with you guys, I mean I think very differently, you know, experience for a girl, young young a guy, you know what I mean, right, not easier whatever, But I would take the dude route, you know what I mean at that age, right, because girls are so much you know, further ahead emotionally, you know, yes, and no, they still have to they need their safe place and and and and so.
Speaker 4: But to to go through it at.
Speaker 6: You know, as as a young woman is it must be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, like, fame in general, I think on women is harder, you know, just looks wise and you know, picking you apart or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, luckily we didn't have social media back in the eighties and nineties, as I would not.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd want to do be a child star social.
Speaker 3: I certainly I'm boy.
Speaker 5: I'm glad there were cameras.
Speaker 3: There's the bad blurry.
Speaker 4: I want to I do want to push back a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, do it, let's fight.
Speaker 2: Guy, bring it.
Speaker 5: But you guys had so many screaming, crazy girl fans that's also got to be weird and a lot.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm off the hook because I have seven older sisters and like I know, you know, I I completely celebrate the power and.
Speaker 4: Grace and amazingness of women. But like.
Speaker 6: You know, this business is hard for anyone. Well, there's a role for everybody. I wanted to say, as far as where is the you know, growing up you know, famous or you know, and looking back, I said it, I said it out loud yesterday, but I heard.
Speaker 4: It from someone else, because we hear it all from someone else.
Speaker 6: But you know, this idea that two things can be true at the same time now, and I think that's part of the recovery process and part of like claiming our space and finding who we are and right sizing it all is like and I heard you say that, you know what I mean, That's what made me think of it.
Speaker 4: You were like, yeah, it was awesome and it was painful at the same time, you know, And it's nice to be able to just you know, say that plainly and have it.
Speaker 5: I think, I mean, I think that's kind of you know, the work we do in our hopefully do in our late thirties and forties, and you know, as we get older, is looking at that like, oh, you know, maybe like our parents weren't all good or all bad. Maybe everybody is a little bit of gray and that's and maybe every situation is so like I actually don't have to defend it and say it was perfect, but I also, you know, can talk about the stuff that wasn't so great and that not take away. You know. It's like working on therapy with a parent. You're like, I can't say anything terrible about him, and then you're like, well, actually there are a couple of days.
Speaker 4: These are hard emojis going up.
Speaker 3: Those are great. I like that the little oh look at the little yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like I can do so I do weird things on my zoom, and then things happen and I don't know, I think I turned it off though, before I start directing air traffic to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When New Kids Reunited in two thousand and eight, did that like heal any of this trauma with a little tea that we've been talking about. Because I think for Jodi and I when we went back to do Fuller House, I think that healed something to us because we were canceled at the last minute in the eighth season of Full House. We never got to do a proper finale. It was this huge loss for mean.
Speaker 6: You mean like the old school definition not but yeah, not.
Speaker 5: We weren't canceled a as far as like now actually cancel canceled.
Speaker 3: Show was canceled.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no, We personally were not canceled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 4: No canceled, just meant your show is not going to.
Speaker 3: Go right right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well that wraps up part one of our interview with Joey McIntyre. But please don't go girl, because Parts Wyo was coming out this Friday and you do not want to miss the rest of this dream interview. So in the meantime, if you want to find us on Instagram.
Speaker 3: We are at how Rude Podcast.
Speaker 5: If you want to send us an email, it's how Rude Tanner Rito's at gmail dot com. Like and subscribes, you get the second part of this episode as soon as it comes out. Uh, and visit our merch store how rudemerch dot com. I feel like somehow we need to tie this interview into our merch yes, but we can't use that KOTB because you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like we'll figure it out. We'll just do we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Trucker nuts or something like.
Speaker 3: Oh perfect, that's great. Uh well, fan Rito's uh in that.
Speaker 5: And on that note, we're gonna go now. Thank you so much for listening. We love you, and remember the world is small.
Speaker 3: The house is full of those baby blue eyes.
Speaker 1: It's distracting, isn't it. It's distracting, Well lost.
Speaker 3: Their they're very blue. Yeah, they're very blue.