Speaker 1: It was around the COVID time when the stats came out and they released the streaming numbers and it was like, not only are we number one, but we're double number two. And that's friends, stupid garden games, les, languigmory, no simple.
Speaker 2: It's welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Compton. If you are watching right now YouTube rumble, please make sure you are subscribed. If you are listening on audio platforms, again, make sure you are following or following along with the page. Subscribed everywhere our social media channels. At bustin WTB, we are a podcast that brings the locker life. Before we get into the episode, this week's episode, we were brought to you by the one, the only, the Chevy Silverado. This is a Chevy truck podcast. Chevy Trucks are the greatest trucks ever built and our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part in the bus and family and even our personal lives. The Chevy Siverado, by the way, your boy has does have a ZR two truck and it is incredible. Chevy Siverado, the longtime awesome partner of the show, a truck with commanding and unstoppable grit with legendary capability and dependability too, So find out for yourself. Like many of the other boys had the Chevy dot Com, check out the Chevy Truck Grit, build your own Silverado, and check out what current offers are out there during the Chevy Truck Truck season for doing yourself projects, to road trips, off road adventures, to tailgates, whatever your thing is, It all starts with the Chevy Truck the Boys. At the top of this episode, if you're watching, we have on Brian Baumgarner, most notably known for The Office. We get into some fun little stories about his relationship with fans and how people feel like they are they personally know this man's so he does have some funny one off stories, how much he loves the golf world, the people he's met through the golf world, and everything he's up to today. We also at the top of the episode that will be at the end. Our boy Mitch does a great job of putting the chapters in the YouTube description and in the audio description. If you guys want to jump forward, fast forward to any of these moments. We get into the chaos over the weekend of gambling with the boys out in Chicago with Dave Bornoy, Big Cat, Ryan Whitney, Bizz Moore and more and all those barceol personalities over there. Your boy absolutely sucks at gambling. We dive into that and why you should fade me for the rest of the tournament. We also talk about our spring tour and what's in store for that Florida state and update there we are pulling the live show. You will find out more in the episode. We also talk about the NFL Free Agency, some twisted questions. Shout out no free shout out all your fun loving stuff in the episode. There's a little bit of airport drama with the boys toward the back end of the intro, but you'll learn all of that in this episode. Thank you guys for tuning in. Seriously, every subscription, every subscriber, every comment means the world to the boys. Make sure you're leaving comments, make sure you're engaging with our pages. We will be doing the same on our end as well. Enjoy this episode, big hugs, tiny kisses as always for the boys. All right, let's lock in with the Lucy Boys. Listen. I got my ass dreamed over the weekend I'm saying, hey, I lost number one. I lost money. There's no running from that. But I think I might have won a total of four bets, counting a couple of race to tens. We got into this race to ten because I'm kind of sitting there number one. By the way, the DraftKings sports book at Wrigley is incredible. The vibe was awesome. All the boys there like it was a fun time. But I remember before I left, before I left, when we were in the gambling cave and I silently shotguns like two high noons. At the end of the stream. Shane Shane was text me. He's like, I'm watching the stream right now. He's like, you need to get the chat going, and he's like, shotgun, shotgun something silently but don't tell nobody, just quietly do it. He's texting me all this stuff, and I was like, okay, because we ended up going back and forth and I go, tell me to do something dot dot dot with the devil face like we're sextying, and uh so I go and grab behind nuon shotgun it do another one. But before I left, I just remember telling Big Cat BC. I was like, you guys talk about this is the greatest weekend in all sports gambling, like, will can't wait. It was my first time. I'm excited, and I just get I got absolutely murdered on everything that I was picking Dave. I mean, Dame's out here, he's getting on anywhere from like his number was like sixty six a quarter million dollars and just he's losing the same amount or he's losing the same games I'm losing because I like, look over back, damn, hey, I have five hundred on it. Man, that that makes you feel any better? Ryan Whitney, he was down. I don't want to say it because we were kind of talking like how how we're gonna have some of these conversations when we get home, like hey, how'd you do? And kind of like depends on how you look at it. Yeah, I put that. I put that tweet out of my conversation with Charro, like, uh, I forget what it said. But it was like, oh, it depends on how you look, and She's like, how else can you look at it? I was like, well, I have a beautiful family and I love my life, so there's always perspective and everything. But I lost every I lost so much geared up Dave. Did you guys see the clip where he's like, I've never seen a team let somebody down the way that they'll let you down. Just you gear up, and every time you show up, you just keep getting hit in the mouth exat But I gotta give it to you keep coming back, which that will forever be the case. We did get destroyed the first couple of minutes. Did you guys watch the game? The first couple of minutes of Tomanaga just bang in threes. It's like, Yo, let's go. This dude's gonna light it up. But that fucking Taylor cat from A and M. He was like six for six from three. I will say the tournament watching it has been a lot of fun because you just kind of, I don't know, you're just kind of in it. You're just keeping up with absolutely everything. We were in the gambling the gambling cave on day two. Day one, we were at the sportsbook, truly there from tip off to the very last game. I'm talking, I'm getting back to the hotel like midnight just saying like where did the day go? Like a the time, we're literally just sitting there melting watching games and when you have to wait. My whole thing is this, you guys know how I'll get antsy and start wanting to bet drives in football and quarters and just I just it's like you want to feel something, so you put something in somebody's like, hey, let's do a race to ten. We hit the first race to ten that we do and that was the worst. That was the problem is we thought we were gonna bounce back. We had some like plus three hundred race to ten and we were all fired up, and so we just go from that moment we go zero to five race to ten the rest of the day, win that first one, and we just kept doing a race of ten because if you when we would place our bets right like, we'd be fired up, like I don't know, date dat. In the first game, we'll put it on dating and then you kind of gotta wait till the end of the game to kind of get into all right, march madness back and forth, sinking last minute shots, cover this that. But in the beginning, it's kind of like, all right, how do we do something that we can feel this excitement right now, versus we have to wait till the end of the game, especially in the very first slate because there's only like one game on, two games on, it's not like all four games going at one point in time. So we get into the race of ten. We start betting PFT hit first point, first points. Who make it he hit two in a row out of the gate. I'm talking like a plus they hit a plus six hundred, a plus five hundred, and so we ride a couple of those thinking like, oh, what does he say, he's a grimlin, He's a grimblin, and uh, overall, it was a great time. I got abuse. My unit has went up as unfortunately, like ticked up, which isn't a good thing. We're a gamble responsibly, one eight hundred gambler for those watching DraftKings sportsbook is the best sports book out there. But yeah, I wasn't good. I lost this solid amount on Nebraska.
Speaker 3: You feel bad at all or not going to the game. You think the outcome might have been different had you been there. I don't know if the outcomes different.
Speaker 2: I felt bad all the way leading up to the game because I had talked to Rule coach Rule the day before. I was like, hey, I'm trying to feel dave out And for those who had who? Who haven't followed the saga we had uh, which we can get into the Dave and Busters. We didn't show up for this Bracketbusters last week. Dave riems us out verbally, we go, you know, we're going back and forth. I realized that I'm trying to go to this Nebraska game on Friday. Dave's gonna be there until Saturday, and the whole time he is under the assumption that I'm going to be there because even when we laugh about we'll get to this hypothetical story. So fast forward to we're there at a draft the DraftKings sports book. I had talked through it. I tried calling days the day before, Hey, I got this opportunity. I got this oph Nebraska's got me tickets. Johnny Manzel's got me a ticket. He was a court side low. It was like a low level tickets with coach rule. I tried calling him. He didn't answer, So then I sat on it more and then I text Big Cat. I'm like, hey, I'm gonna drop you a hypothetical. Big Cat, then just facetize me. And then I also asked wit Ryan Whitney about it. He was like, does Dave think you're gonna be there on Friday. I was like, absolutely, he goes, I don't know if I would. He's like, but he's not gonna fire you, so you know it'll all end up his content somehow. And I said it's the unnamed show. I was like, what are you doing? The unnamed show? And he was like Friday, And all I put back was perfect. That was when in my mind I was probably still gonna go. I was kind of up in the air, but I was probably still gonna go to the game. And then I talked to Bigcat. Big Cats like, throw up the hypothetical to him this exact same scenario, probably around six pm on Thursday.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: Sadly, Wit doesn't. I'm not gonna say tattle. He doesn't tattle. I was giving him shit or being like, you know, you just ran to Dave and fucking tattled about our conversation. They flew together from Boston to Chicago, but apparently it had come up the whole the week of the Bracketbusters, and he was like, he's like, I don't think Will's well, I don't think Will's gonna do this. But and he's like, no, never mind, I'm not gonna tell you, and then Dave like brings it out of him. He said, you have to tell me, and so he basically says it. So when Dave comes to the sports book, he sits down next to me and he tells Big Cat and he's like, ah, I just turned down these court side seats to Caitlin Clark, and he's like, in Jimmy Buffett, like I guess he loves Jimmy Buffett more than Taylor Swift. He explains, He's like, in Jimmy Buffett, I had these tickets and I'm not doing it because I you know, I said I was gonna be here, so I got to be here. I know, it's like a reunion thing. There's like some like a memorial concert, like some memorial concert, reunion concert something like that. It's like, man, I cut pass on a couple of big opportunities, but I felt I saw this smirk on his face that tipped me off, like he already fucking knows I'm thinking Big Cat out at me already. I'm like, b see what the fuck, dude. I look over to BC. I was like, and uh, Dave starts. Dave starts, Dave starts jabbing at jabbing at me a little more and he's like, m Bik goes, hey, I think Will has a hypothetical for you. And I'm like, okay, we're doing this hypothetical or like noon or eleven am, like I got to be prepared. That's when that clip comes. I'm like, hypothetically, but at the time, I think Big Cat has outed me already about doing this stuff, and so I bring up the Hey, hypothetically, let's so you played at a school for four years sweat, tears, blood, and the school they're offering you these low level seats courtside Johnny Manzel is gonna be their court sight tis to go support them. They make you a full uniform. But hypothetically, you have this, you have this commitment to uh, you have this commitment to be somewhere on that Friday and a superior just ream this employee out, this hypothetical employee. If you're the hypothetical employee, would you take this opportunity to go cheer on your school for this once in a lifetime like bucket list whatever. I say that you can run the clip if you want. Hypothetical, hypothetical, hypothetical.
Speaker 5: So I need a hypothetically hypothetically.
Speaker 2: Let's just say, hypothetically, he went to a school, and that school was to give you courtside tickets to go Mutchi and in March Madness when they've never won a game, So hypothetically next to Giant Mattel for the Nebraska and m in this hypothetical situation, what if this guy were to go. This guy also for whatever reason, I don't know a situation, but one of his superiors verbally ringmed him earlier in the week and he's thinking, like, hey, there, should I go to Nebraska. I can't believe how Barbara this worked out.
Speaker 1: That Dave sat down and was like, I turned out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know how well will worked out? Know that he apathetical?
Speaker 1: You know that he.
Speaker 5: Turned down the well I turned down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm giving hypothetically hypothetically. Question about that it's hypothetical, is whether you'd even raise the hypothest that's not right? Well, yeah, this is all right, yeah, because nothing has actually happened to the Nebraska. No, like they'd be crazy, right if you wave if they went not me, not this hypothetic.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to even think.
Speaker 6: In this hypothetical or even hypothetically like that he would have hypothetically called Ryan Whitney and been like should I go to this game?
Speaker 3: That would be no, hypothetically crazy.
Speaker 2: That there's a hypothetical I agree with you.
Speaker 7: Career Suicide called me last night, asked maybe Whitney hypothetically got the call, and.
Speaker 5: I hypothetically have these uh Calen Park tickets hypothetically too, just to be like.
Speaker 3: He agreed, Yeah, you know you.
Speaker 2: Asked Cray that's a crazy thought. And uh He's like, oh, I mean I just turned down everything. I wouldn't go. I was like, yeah, stupid idea, right, But we're kind of just banning. We're kind of just messing around back and forth, and I was like, big cat, what the fuck? He's like, dude, I didn't say nothing. He's like, oh, Wit told me on the flight over, like, oh, hey, you're never gonna believe this. He kind of painted in a different picture against Wit. And then there's a commercial break here Dave was like he's asking. He's like, hey, so where's the game. I was like, oh, it's in Memphis, so it's like two and a half hours north. And naturally he said, oh that makes sense, and he was like what kind of tickets? And then the conversation kind of faded into something else, But it felt like he like, if I would have truly been like, yo, I do want to go to this game, would it really be? I mean, is it gonna be like? Are you just gonna make content? Are you actually gonna feel some type of way? I didn't ever ask him that question, but I felt like he would have been, oh, bro, you can go to the game. But being there at the sports book and being like with Biz and with big Cat Dave Rico, bust Is in Jerry Brandon, Titus not I fact, I got a name everybody, so I don't leave anybody else Mince. You get the fun MINSI the minsism making making money, and the vibe was just fun to where it was like I do. It's like I wish I could have been in both places because I thought it'd be funny, like if I'm in that full Uni he just sitting sitting on a stream like around all the barseol guys, wishing it would have been a better fight than what it was because Dave ended up getting mad because I got mad. We lost like another bet, and Witt had asked him like Dave, what are you want on this next game? And I was like, don't even fucking ask him everything he says. He loses and he's like, I'm fucking right there, I'm fucking A and M fuck you. He's like, fuck Nebraska. And so we had this back and forth. He ended up losing the first at ten A and M Nebraska. That's what made him walk out of the stream, and he like it was never we never got to have as much fun with it. But like I felt bad because I felt like I ro let coach rule down. I called him. I was kind of texted thing. He's like, bro, dude, you gotta do. He's like, I swear, I promise you, it doesn't It doesn't bother me. I was like, all right, honestly, I'm probably gonna hang back and just cheer on because I was like, and guys were kind of telling me they were pulling from the for Nebraska, like Titus had been talking about Tomanagh all year. Guys like, hey, Nebraska, MO, I'm rooting with you. Rico brought his Nebraska sweat, So part of me was like, I'm not just I felt like I would have bailed on them, wanting to root for Nebraska. So I ended up not going and the whole time Rule is sending me photos, empty share at dinner, empty chair at breakfast. He called hey, he calls me. On the bus with all the Nebraska fans and the donors in the alumni everybody said, we want to know where's Willy? Yet, where's worst Willie? I was like, why do you gotta yeah, why do you gotta do this to me? H? Then Dave comes up and coach Rule just immediately goes to battle, like, hey, tell He said something like I'm team Comptent, not Team Portan or whatever. So yeah, it did suck. However, in the middle of the game and going towards the end, like when they weren't making a comeback, I was like, man, thank God, Like I'm not there. I would have just been like sitting there looking full uniform next to Johnny. The way he was tweeting, I was like, God, he would have been given it to me the whole time, and there would have been nothing I could have said. I would probably started yelling at the players, just projecting on him do something.
Speaker 3: There's stat out there that Nebraska has never lost a basketball game that Will Compton has attended. Not that that will make you feel better.
Speaker 2: Uh, Nebraska has never lost a basketball game.
Speaker 3: That you've been at in person?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've been to two, right, I want to say the very first one I went to. They might have been playing Kansas on my recruiting trip. In no way we beat Kansas.
Speaker 3: Since you were a student, not not your high school years, like when you became team Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe my brain's not thinking of it, like yeah, at a game, I think we beat Texas that one time. I was at a game, but since I started a room from a couple of weeks ago, they just lost. Like maybe I'm fucking cursed, Like truly, I might be the problem Compton curse. Yeah, yeah, I know. I did root for Tennessee. I covered with Tennessee. I didn't publicly say it, like maybe that has something to do with it because I just texted Jack quietly and honestly. When I sent the text, I was hoping that Jack went back. Goddamn it.
Speaker 6: I was so sick that I was just like, you're lucky that I got a GBO.
Speaker 2: But I was just like, yeah, you put Gboh. I was like, oh that one better than I thought because a JP's out there putting Compton curse and I truly am losing. Hey, Jack, we went from losing getting whooped in the basketball game to Jerry and I on the iPad we got the n C double as on the wrestling tournament because we had a couple of guys, We're like, we had five all Americans, which is I think the most, but we only have one guy go to the Semis.
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 2: Who's the one seed who's a monster and he's in the Semis. He's gonna wrestle, like right after Nebraska loses to A and M. And I'm like, on the wrestling we got love it. So I'm watching the the wrestling match of the Semis. He gets upset. No, no, no, no, he didn't get wrestled. Hey, We've got to look up where that kid's from because we got to say face a little bit that hopefully's not from Nebraska, because it truly could not work out any worse that it's a fucking Nebraska guy getting splaitled. How do you wrestle your entire life? Like splato is something that you laugh about as a kid and you kind of get your but you kind of get your partner in it at practice and be like, man, that'd be sick if we can get some kids in this one day. And you wrestle your entire life, you never go over a splato like in practice or trained for it or anything. You kind of just like if it happens, like it's like a once in a lifetime off. You wrestle your entire life just to get splatled on national television in the n C double as at You're a d one wrestler at the University of Nebraska and you're just sitting there like you even see the look on his face. There's nothing you can do. What do you just git throw on the iron cross? Like, what do you do? Just start throwing elbows and just get decued and bad? I can't go out like this?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: You just rip aforet Brock hardy man. Where is he from? Utah? Yeah, that makes him a little bit more sense. He freshman, He's gonna be He's gonna bounce back. But I feel so bad for Brock that he got splaytled like And that truly is like my Nebraska fandom in a way, especially when I'm hard pressed for the boys. God, apparently our baseball team's doing all right, though I do want to start rooting from a little bit more because I will say, what you know, I know, yeah, I know we're joking and having fun. But one thing that March Madness like it was doing for me in the moment, as I'm like root for teams and pulling for Nebraska and everything else, it makes me kind of like want to be like a sports fan, like just follow the team and be a sportsman and in all the sports so you can just be like you can just be riding with the boys. JP. I feel like you're like that. You're like you're like that for the most part, right Basketball? Football? Do you do that? Does BAM have a good baseball team? What's the record? I know Tennessee. Does you got Tennessee solid at baseball? Basketball, baseball? Football? It just seems like a fun thing like it we should if it worked. The timing works out on off of will because it's I think it's in the month of June. But we get out to Omaha for the College World Series. It's such a good time we go in college. It's such a good time.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize that being there for you guys during college.
Speaker 2: That yeah, bro awesome, but one of the few things a year that the state of Nebraska had because when I was in college, we didn't have the Haymarket, like the Spot Divide that we go to now, Like when we go down to Lincoln, it was mostly just OSTree, like you'd end up at the Brass Rail every time, or the Bar of the Bar. But now Nebraska has more stuf to offer. But every year you'd have that summer, you'd have the lull in the summer to where you got to be there for training and everything else. But they would always have the College World Series out at Omaha, and it's a it's a blast. We should we should probably just go out there. That'd be a good vlog, regardless what teams are in. I would assume maybe one of our squads might be out there.
Speaker 3: I bet yeah, one of the teams will make it this year.
Speaker 2: I gotta go all in on bowling. I know we have a historic, like at true legacy program, like we're a true blue blood in bowling. I think like twenty something natties. Look that up. Look that up Jack Nebraska bowling national titles.
Speaker 3: This one says Nebraska bowling has won eight national titles. Since becoming a varsity sport in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Eight. All right, maybe not nineteen ninety eight, eleven eleven national championships.
Speaker 3: Don't let them get upset.
Speaker 2: This year well established themselves as n C Double a's premier bowling program, finished runner up four times and is the only program to qualify for every NC Double A bowling championship.
Speaker 3: I need to send you the uniform, bro, what's their.
Speaker 2: Uni look like? That's true. That's a great point because the uh as I'm going so hard for Nebraska basketball, there's a part of me that, yeah, I have to. I have to the shorts, the skirt, everything.
Speaker 6: From all these girls saying please do not bring this star.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, I was like, how's the best of a baseball team doing. Everybody's like, please stay away because I and I feel for him, bro, because man I I truly felt like a jinx.
Speaker 6: Do you want to hit this so we can put it to the front of the episode and then we can hit an act. Now, Okay, so let's do it.
Speaker 2: YEA, let's doing it. Yellowus to do what we have. Let's talk about DraftKings, the greatest sports book imaginable, the thrilling excitement of March manias. Here in DraftKings Sportsbook, one of America's top rated sports book, Gaps is giving new customers a shot to turn five bucks into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets with any college basketball bet. Here's what I'll do for you, guys. I will be giving my picks throughout the course of the week for the DraftKings Sportsbook. Your best bet right now is to fade me. Fade Willie is the hashtag North Carolina listeners. Don't forget. Drafting sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Drafting sports Book Gap and use code bus bus. New customers can get five bucks to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Drafting Sportsbook with code bus The crown is yours Yesterday. You guys are listening to this now. Monday was an off day for March Mania. For the tournament. Sunday, I went one in five the day before that. Where was I Saturday? Saturday? I kind of laid low. Honestly, I won a couple games Saturday, but I just stay quiet about it through my fucking guy. The High schooler that was. He was like, hey, Will, I've watched the stream in the last two days. I've got to help you out. I think he gave me. I forget what he gave me who I can't remember, but he gave me like two winners, and I won that day. I won two bets that day. But if you look at my record on Thursday and Friday and Sunday and combine them, I think I might have went five and twenty five and twenty one. Not good. So for those listening, I will be giving my picks, and trust me, I've accepted the responsibility right now that I will be the fall guy and I will bet these games. I won't just say it because I feel like the universe of gambling gods they for whatever reason, like I gotta be the one they just got to kick and stomp on. So I will put in money. So that way is true, I'll give my picks. I would recommend these aren't guarantees. You can never say anything like that. I would recommend fading me so you guys can make money and be profitable. I'd almost rather do that, take on that responsibility then continue to just think like this is it, This is where I'm gonna get back. I'd rather just be a loser for you guys. So you guys can win, Will you guys do that? Tennessee?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you How do you want me to handle Tennessee?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 3: Just stay away from it, Okay, don't text him about it.
Speaker 6: Honestly though, I I won, Yeah you did win. I I don't feel as nervous about Tennessee because you've supported them wholeheartedly in the past and it's never been an issue. So I almost feel like the gambling gods are torturing me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe just Oh god, I saw hey by the way, you saw Chancellor Plowman press charges on Oh boy? God got him?
Speaker 5: Is queen Queen?
Speaker 6: She rides so hard for university?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about? Garrett JP. There was like this who they played the other day, Texas? Yeah, Texas. This Texas cat just throws like aggressively.
Speaker 3: Just oh that's real. They really press charged on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well the tweet I saw, Yeah, it seemed like it was no shot. He did it to another player, right, Texas threw down to Tennessee guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no way, no way, they actually press charges. Just a flagrant foul.
Speaker 2: You think you think I'm getting trolled. Yes, classic case of classic case of the case.
Speaker 6: Of alright, let's stay away from Tennessee at all costs.
Speaker 2: Now, hey, did it happen.
Speaker 3: Press charges on that?
Speaker 6: You're talking about the nil situation that we had going on like a month and a half ago. She released a statement against the state of Virginia. But you're talking about the actual player. What the flagrant vowl.
Speaker 2: I saw that whoever craft in the tweet did a good job. He got to ride the plane back with the team. But we will have to appear in court. And I remember looking at the video like, damn, they can really do this, Like it just seems like he what.
Speaker 3: You can press charges on every football play.
Speaker 2: What's his name? Uh, Davante Adams.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we hit the photographer, I mean pushed him a little bit. I mean I'm not Yeah, I'm team Davante.
Speaker 6: But uh, breaking news, the NFL has banned the hip drop.
Speaker 2: No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: I knew that was gonna hurt you.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a that's a stupid fucking rule.
Speaker 6: Let's hear you. Let's hear you.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Uh, they they haven't said anything on specifics.
Speaker 2: All right, sorry to interrupt. I got uh after this hip drop penalty came out. I had to I had to work the phones. We got Delaney here. I wanted to get Delaney. He was coming to visit the boys. He actually he actually brought. He actually broke his leg on the hip drop tackle. So we got Delaney here, someone who has had experience with the hip drop tackle. And we're also gonna have special guests. Kyle Long. He's been somebody who's been very vocal already in social media saying that this is a great rule. YadA, YadA, YadA. He's already chirping and trolling the defensive players about hey, learn to tackle better. So we're gonna get him and then we should probably have a good little debate and argument about it. But you're are you kind of like pro hip drop? Like take it out?
Speaker 8: You know it's weird.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of on both sides of the fence. I feel like since it ended me.
Speaker 2: Hey, when you came in, I was like, bro, what do you think about this hip drop tackle? He was like, that's how it broke my leg. I'm like, oh, I'm like, damn, you didn't see it. I'm like, oh yeah, damn, I forgot that. That's how that went down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I mean I'm biased.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's how I ended my career pretty much with that tackle. So yeah, I hate it. I think that it's a bullshit tackle. But is it something you can teach players not to do. No, I think it happens in the game and you not. You never gonna know what's gonna happen until it happens to you, until.
Speaker 2: You're just in, and then you don't even know it's happening. You're just reacting. Like, we'll get We'll get Kyle Long because he's got a fucking he's got to hear this stuff too. I feel like he's gonna be chirping Connor. He's gonna be he's gonna be pro new rule.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So we'll be able to figure out wiggle room here. But we're gonna take a minute. Next time you see this, Kyle will all three be here and we'll all be ready to argue about this. I can't wait. We might have to get up and reenact the same ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that because that's true. You don't know until like you're not like in my brain, I'm not thinking, damn I beat, let me go to the hip drop tackle.
Speaker 8: It's like, damn I beat, Just get.
Speaker 4: Them bad, get him on the grass, like I understand that when I played on special teams, I'm sure someone that's why I don't want to say I'm pro with the rule, because they can probably this is their new internet. They can pull up one hundred clips of me hip dropping cats on special plight.
Speaker 2: You did do teams, so you kind of know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so, And I know if you beating me, I'm dragging you down, like I'm gonna put all my weight to drag you down. It's not that I'm trying to land on your ankles. I'm literally just trying to get you down.
Speaker 8: So I understand that.
Speaker 4: That's why when when Oh Buddy broke my leg, I wasn't even mad at him because it was part of the game and he was just trying to get me down.
Speaker 8: And that's pretty much what it is. But is it a good rule?
Speaker 4: I mean, how many ankles have we seen it broke and it last four or.
Speaker 2: Five years enough to make that a rule?
Speaker 3: I think it's enough to make that a rule.
Speaker 2: You think there's enough you think it's enough.
Speaker 8: I think it's enough.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it'd be good to know the data. I guess like I could be talking out a term without understanding all the data. I'm just thinking, like, to me, it seems like it doesn't happen enough to make it a rule. You're saying like, there's been enough to where it could be okay, could be looked at.
Speaker 8: It's been enough.
Speaker 4: It's been It may not have been where they broke their ankle, but it's been significant injuries.
Speaker 8: We're guys, But.
Speaker 2: I wonder what percentage of guys get injured on a hip drop hip hip drop tackle? You know what I mean? Just like, Okay, we've seen enough injuries, but how about the ones we haven't seen that haven't been injured?
Speaker 8: True, but but they're saying it.
Speaker 4: So some of the highlights I saw y'all post earlier, it was guys who got hip drop tackled but didn't get hurt. They popped right up, but it looked like they got hurt pretty much.
Speaker 2: Kyle, can you hear us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You guys talking about cheesy tackles or what?
Speaker 2: Okay, here here comes ex offensive lineman Kyle Long.
Speaker 5: I gotta give a shout out to my man right here, one of the best tight ends to ever do it, and me and him have never really had any crossover. And I laughed so fucking hard every time I get Compton on the set with old d walk over here, so funny. It's good to be on here with you, bro.
Speaker 2: Oh same here, thanks many So this would be a nice little roundtable discussion because Kyle, you're already You're already making your sounds out there on social media, trolling. Trolling what you do best. And I think it's absurd that this is a rule. Now we have Delaney here, who broke his leg from a hip drop tackle. That's what essentially ended his career. He can never really get back right since that tackle. But he's kind of on the fence of being like, yeah, it's a bullshit tackle, but also like, that's the nature of the game. Why do you feel like it's such a good Why are you out there being like, yo, this is a good rule. This is a positive rule.
Speaker 5: We're cleaning things up. It's not like we're changing the framework of the game, bro. We're taking a play that happens once a game and more now we've seen it happening. More guys see that it works. I mean, obviously we can get a guy down, you take their legs out, you drop on the back of their legs. Bad things happen, But look, it happened once a game per game in the NFL, so we're not it's not like changing the game. People love to bitch about Taylor Swift. They love to bitch about things that happen once a game. It seems to be a theme around NFL fans, and I just think that if you're a real fan of the NFL, you want the best product on the field. In order to do that, you want the starters, the elite players on the field, who's going to get the ball at an astronomical rate compared to other guys, the stars, And if they're getting tackled at a hip drop tackle, things could happen that are bad. Now your teams are that one of the best. Now I'm a football fan on Sunday, I can't bet on X, Y or Z team because all their guys got hip drop right.
Speaker 2: But essentially it's still going to be a part of the game. It's like injuries will still happen, and now it can just be penalized, so it can actually decide it. Probably like the chances of it are, like you said, it's one tackle of the game, and the chances of it actually happening in a critical moment is low. But the moment it does happen and somebody doesn't get injured and a hip drop tackle is made to keep somebody short on a on a crucial third down, it's going to piss everybody up because now the game is now in the hands of the referees.
Speaker 5: True, well, on a hit game in the hands of the tackler, right. I mean, there's a certain there's a certain number of tools you have as a football player, and as an offensive lineman, there are a certain a certain number of ways to skin a cat. In regard to run blocking and pass blocking. There were certain certain things that were globally accepted as legal. There were certain things that they were in the gray area, and there's certain things that you as a defender, when you see guys do it, you say, that's fucking dirty. I wish it wasn't even in the league, but it's part of the league. So on the other side of the fence for you, there's certain things that are acceptable. We can all agree that should be out of the league. This is one of those things that I think is a non negotiable thing, like we're going to keep guys healthier. It's not telling you you can't hit guys hard. As a matter of fact, it's not even a hard hit. It's a hip drop. It's it's a lazy man's way to get a guy down. Go put your go, put your shoulder pad in, somebody stern them. If you want to make a statement, well.
Speaker 2: How do you go? Sorry? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Should we change the box of where we can hit a player, because now you're saying, go and hit this guy, put your shoulder pass and its starter. But sometimes when you do that, you get a penalty from doing that too, if you hitting them in a certain areas unfortunate.
Speaker 5: That's the nature of the violent game that we play. And I mean, we've seen so many terrible things happen to guys. That's what we've had to trim the fat, tweak the margins, and this is something that we're gonna have to play with. Is it one of those rules that's gonna stick forever? I'm not sure. I think there could be a better penalty for it, like you're saying, this is one of those things that people are gonna get bet out of shapeover. But it's a trial period. Our game goes through this. The only thing that's constant in the NFL is changed. And I know people are like, what would Dick Book say about this? Well, the game that he played was drastically different than the one that we're all in love with during the football season. So I hope that people can come to an agreement here eventually. But I'm just really glad that player safety is obviously being prioritized.
Speaker 2: The union made a statement saying that this is not what the union wants as you're talking about player safety. They even went from that angle and said, yes, player safety take into account. This is not a rule that we want to see come into play. And I guess what's And again, you do a great balance. You have you have the you're well spoken, you're well set about all this stuff, and you also have this of you cause it's like no one ever it's not a lazy way of tackling. It's just you don't know you're in the situation until you're in the situation. Like if it's Delaney and I were kind of standing up walking through it. It's like if it's third and seven and I dropped to the six, he catches it at four. His backs to me, Yeah, long stride, short shride. Strew long stride, short stride. Shoot. But the minute he makes a move, he gets outside of my body and I'm trying to keep him from getting to the first down marker. I'm not thinking, okay, shit, he beat me a little bit, let me go to the hip drop tackle. You're just thinking that's a defender. I'm trying to get him to the grass.
Speaker 5: Jail like acting however you can. It's the same thing with blocking, bro, When I line up and tried to block a guy like Julius Peppers, I know that there's gonna be plays where I'm gonna toe the line of illegal because I have to try to get the job done when I'm running. Okay, Delaney, you get you get a wide nine out there rushing and the coach says stay inside out. The next thing you know, you're two inside out. So you gotta run this guy by. You gotta put your hand on his hip, maybe give him a little wrench at the top of the rush. This isn't illegal, but it's gray area stuff you've found out or at least I've formed the opinion of the hip drop tackle has no place in our game. Now. There's certain things that Chris, my brother, and I disagree on green light about when a block, when a block is over, when a guy should take its hand off the hip, And that's the stuff that's always going to be argued about across party lines here. And there's things that Delane and I are going to agree on, and there's things that Will and I are going to veheimically disagree on. But that's the beauty of this game. We're passionate, we love the game of football, and hopefully this is another step towards making our game better.
Speaker 2: I think it's a step in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: I think it's a step to making a game better. Just like you said, you want to see the star players on the field. You want to see the star players on the field. I don't come to see the third string tight end play. You get what I'm saying, Like, that's what the NFL wants. They want their starters on the playoff and if we got to protect the starters, obviously this is something that they feel is hurting a lot of key players. And we've been seeing it over the past year.
Speaker 2: It's an offensive league, truly, Like literally every rule goes into.
Speaker 5: People to swallow will it's an offensive lead. It is everything out there that are jealous that it's a football world we live. But that's just the cold, hard truth and the realities people like to watch. Uh, you know, points put up on the board. You don't go to the strip club to get chicken tenders, will Okay, okay, at what point?
Speaker 2: You know, people love seeing people separate the ball from the ball carrier. Those hits are gone. You barely laying on a quarterback the wrong way. There's such a gray area there.
Speaker 1: That's the best.
Speaker 2: Well, that's part of that's like it's like learn to tackle better. Oh, don't have a lazy way of trying to get.
Speaker 5: Learn to tackle better situations that don't. Maybe we're valuing the safety too much. I mean, I think some of these guys can get pancaked on the ground a little bit and have the weight drop on them without it being a brain shot, an ACL shot or that tib fib hip drop.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So as a fan of rushers, Chris Long's my brother bro a ton of sacks in the NFL. Howie Long raised me. That's my dad. I love getting after the quarter back as much as anybody, and I love the violent hits. I love seeing that kind of stuff. But there's some hits that are violent that ended injury more often than not, and the injuries take a long time to come back from your robbing not only your team from the performance fans from the entertainment value, but these players are potentially taking care of their families.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well his flip side a guy getting cut from the team because he couldn't get it out of the grass because he's got to think, let me ride this guy a few more yards. I just give you know, we need to come after next And it's fucking pancakes. Then if we're talking about body weight, we're trying to not make the game as physical. Anytime you see a pancake from an offensive guy and their body lanes on top of them, should we not be thinking about the safety defender at that point?
Speaker 5: Definitely know what you're right, And that's why I think that this offense. That's like if an offensive lineman gets flat backed, if I get bull rushed by Aaron Donald and I get playing it on the ground, I don't think that he deserves to be pedal lot. I deserve to go take more reps in the weight room. I deserve to go to more reps after practice in one on ones to get my hand placement better to put myself in a position to where I don't end up in that situation. And as far as the rusher is landing on the quarterbacks, I mean, get the ball out, quarterback, get the ball out. You watch all these rushers that get pissed off playing against guys like Tom Brady. They're like, just stop throwing it so damn fast. Stop getting the ball out. So that's how you prevent stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I just think that this rule is going to decide a big game at some point this year.
Speaker 8: It will definitely it will.
Speaker 2: And do we know, like do we know the data behind these hip drop tackles? Like, yeah, we've seen some injuries happen recently over the last few years. Obviously we're kind of like zoomed in and spotlighting this hip drop tackle now that it's been coined. And what about the guys that we don't see get injured? Like do we actually know the injury rate or are we just like, oh, whatever, we can to keep a star player on the field.
Speaker 4: I think it's enough star has been injured for them to feel like this needs to be changed.
Speaker 5: The type of injury Delaney right at a broken ankle. Yeah, it's not just like I do. I hate ankle. I gotta tape this thing up this week. It's like I have to go get MRI's an X ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I trust me. I hate that basically ended your career.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 2: I hate it. But to fight for my defensive guys out there, Like everyone acts like this is some premeditated, instinctual thing, like in the moment, and it's it's not. It's it's like, well, fuck, how how in the hell we have to be so specific in how we tackle now and at there are some grayers where you don't even know what you're doing. You go to the sideline and coaches just like, look, man, I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 9: To tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, if Rabe Rab's always pro the like, hey, that's just the rule. Now, that sucks that guys will get hit in the tournament and it'll be called for like an upper because it's in the moment. It's so fast and you can't review it. And that's the thing, like we've taken the we don't we we're not able to go back and review like, hey, was this even a Yeah, I just think it's bullshit. I think it's a it's a it's a it's a sad loss for the defender. It's a sad los.
Speaker 5: For the So I think it's an important reaction. The distinction between the coaches that are going to complain about this and use it as a crutch and the coaches that find a way to improve their tackling. You may see some units come out there with some really elite tackling tool belts, as it were a Compton. You know, guys, who are.
Speaker 2: You know that's false? You know that's false. You're gonna you know, you know what happens here, Kyle, Guys are gonna be going to practice now doing some just some extra stupid ass drill that we're all like, guys.
Speaker 5: Definitely got to be.
Speaker 2: We're doing this because coaches just want to cover their ass and say that they're teaching this. We know that's how it's going to be. It's a cover your ass league. Man.
Speaker 5: We always that week, there's always that week whether it's the I think it's the spring where all the positions get to practice all the different tackling circuits. You know, it's like the big guys go to the crash pad and we're going to work on cutting corners, and it's the most fun ten minutes you'll ever do in the NFL. I think you're in mess shorts and you're practicing tackling. You're three hundred and fifty pounds and you're tackling dummies.
Speaker 2: Because in your brain you're not gonna have to ever really beating in that situation. You're just having fun with a new drill. It's like pe class for you.
Speaker 5: For us, it was more prepared for an interception than your boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many tackles you got?
Speaker 5: I got a couple. I filled up like half a hand.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, like three. You probably had a hit drop in there.
Speaker 5: Oh, I fucked up some guy on the Cowboys one time. I gotta find it on film. But there was an inter I was a rookie, so I was just like fearless. After my rookie year, I just played safety on all the interceptions. I ran straight to the directed traffic. But my rookie year Bro, I was out there just tackling motherfuckers, and there was one in the Cowboys game. I definitely got to find it was violent. Bro, you would have appreciated it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I would have. I didn't take you for the pro this makes the game better, I really didn't. I opened up the bird, I opened up the xless morning I saw your nonsense being spewed. You're already battling the trolls back, throwing them even harder like this motherfucker man who who was a man known of violence. It seems like anyway wants to make the game softer.
Speaker 5: You know what this is?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: This this is great discourse. I love the NFL, and I'm glad that we have something that we can passionately argue about better than being bored with the game.
Speaker 2: No question. Hey, so your probe this makes the game better?
Speaker 4: I think it makes the game better. I just think it protects the players that need to be on the field. And I'm all about having the players that need to be on the field be on a field and player you know me When then when the second string guy came in Thursty and I'm like, who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what you just practiced more during that year.
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Do you mean what do I mean? You had all the off days? You had every vet off day imaginable, Maybe you're maybe you're your bun would a little bit been a little bit more sturdier had you been practicing all all off Why do you.
Speaker 3: Think it was all checked up?
Speaker 4: They would making be practiced every day.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not letting you got to go that route, in the NBA route where they give us days off like they start like, I mean, we all got VET days, Like if you're a dude, you've experienced VET days, and each team is different. But I think that if we continue to go in this direction, like people can't see it for what it is, we are moving in the direction of the National Basketball Association. We are going to have ridiculous contracts that we're going to be able to attain because the NFL has taken care of us with rule changes and the techniques have changed to be able to allow for for you know, less not exp I want to see explosive plays. I want to see less destructive plays. I want to see things, uh you know this. I want to see the same roster every week, you know, and that's just not something that happens in the NFL. We need to move towards that, and I think this is the league taking a step in that direction.
Speaker 8: That was a big one.
Speaker 2: I know college is getting softed by the day, but I just hope we all get richer destruction. No, no, you're you're You're right. You may you make very good points. And I could just be the the the old man mad that we're not we're not part.
Speaker 1: Of this league, just yelling at the cloud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yelling at the cloud. But Delaney had a good point. Hey, go ahead, talk about your Olympics theory.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was saying, I'm maybe in a few decades or so, and if bill could become a flag football league, what you think because.
Speaker 2: The Olympics now have it as have a sport, they have it as a sport.
Speaker 5: It's like Mario Kart, there's fifty one hundred and one hundred and fifty CC. There's got to be levels to this ship. I mean, the NFL has to be the NFL. We have to be able to retain that brutal, you know, classic game, which we're gonna refine. It's gonna be classy. But then we're gonna have, you know, the two hand touch League. Then we're gonna have the Flag League. Then we're gonna have the women's League, We're gonna have the eighteen and under Olympics. I'm all for it, Delaney. It's such a great game. And you look at games that have been like international sensations like soccer and basketball, and it's just easy to pick up and easy to play. If you reduce the amount of equipment, it is going to open the doors for more people. And uh, you know that that that wealth gap is gonna be.
Speaker 2: He caused a politician.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, bro, I'm telling you, and.
Speaker 2: For context, everybody listening. Both of these guys, Kyle and Delaney that were talking to in this instance, they both wear the shield still to some capacity, so they can't talk as openly as freely as they'd like to.
Speaker 5: I'm a free range chicken, homie. I don't know about you an me, but uh, you know, they can slap whatever logo on my chest, but I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: Me me too. That they like me because I say what I say. That's why with them.
Speaker 5: So I like this, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Kyle's take earlier, like it's something that creates a good debate. A good argument gets everybody passionate and fired up about something. Because somebody I had already said a couple of things, and a few people like you're still gonna watch. It's like, well, you know, shit, I'm gonna watch. It's my favorite sport. Like I will always watch into Kyle's note on, like there's gonna be eighteen, there's gonna be all these different leagues, Like I can't wait to hopefully be consumed by all these leagues and placing terrible bets to where everybody can fade me in those leagues as well.
Speaker 5: Our daughters could wear the shield one day. They could represent our great country on an international scale stage, being able to play against other women. It would be really cool. It's just it's like a pipe dream of mine. Like, uh, I was sitting there looking at my rookie mini camp bind her this morning. I was going through some old ship and my daughter was fascinated with the drawings, like the routes and yeah, you know, we're looking at some flood concepts.
Speaker 2: Frustrate you teach you about that. Hey, we gotta start working on this hip drop. We gotta get the technique out of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a teacher athleticism so she can get her hips there so she doesn't have to hip drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My fight is with the guys who are who are and the great who might not have the most ability, and they get beat every now and then on a step and you just gotta think, God damn it, this is for your next paycheck. Get him down to the ground, Get him down to the ground. Ye know, why didn't you run your feet?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds nice. That exactly what they're gonna say, run your feet? Yeah what Yeah?
Speaker 5: That did I meet there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Reached you get you get outside of your body? Yeah, well that happens in my world every now and then you reach They said, see you wet rogue here? Yeah yeah, yeah, you see how your feet got a little wide, Like I didn't know that they were getting white.
Speaker 3: But god damn, he's running at me full speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I want me to do all right, Kyle. I appreciate you for jumping.
Speaker 5: Than you guys. It's good to talk to you. Delaney will fuck you and JP and all the boys all.
Speaker 2: Right, brother, love you. Oh he's great man. I love Kyle And he did he's choosing violence on X right now. He's going at everybody like, Okay, tough guy, why don't you put your hand in the ground and get better at tackling. Yeah, for somebody who doesn't, you know, he's not necessarily a tackle guy.
Speaker 8: I mean, I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: You got to keep the game the way the game is, and we want to keep the starters.
Speaker 9: In the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if the starters are not playing, it's usually not a good game.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We know that you may have one or two backup players that may come in and just wow you and and become the man after that.
Speaker 2: But as you know him, I'm so much more and it's just that's the guy I was. But it's like the next man up thing, like, Okay, yeah he got hurt, fucking the next guy came. Of course, next man up. This game's going to continue no matter what happens.
Speaker 4: Of course, Like you look at the Dak incident when he got hip dropped broke his ankle. Who was the quarterback that came in after him and kind of balled out.
Speaker 2: Remind us Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: He came in, Mamber, he came in, he has he had like three or four good games after Dak went out, Like, but nobody wanted to see Cooper Rush play. You get one what I'm saying, and that's Unfortunates want to see Dak. They want to ownership of their moneys went on, I want to see Dak.
Speaker 3: So you know this is an ownership rule change as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the competition committee they said it was unanimous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like because they looking at it like, Okay, we're paying this guy ten million a year, fifteen million, whatever it is, and he missed that year because of a hip drop tackle that ultimately breaks his ankle or terror ligaments and he's out for a whole year.
Speaker 8: They still gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Pay that guy whatever he's worth, right, And he's not only.
Speaker 2: That, but they also want him on the field, being like yo, you you you it kind of fucks up his career, Like even when he comes back from injury, we hope he's still gonna.
Speaker 4: Be Yeah, you better hope because I came back, played five games, was a monster in five games of well the four games, and then that fifth game in Denver, I got took another hit to the ankle and it was a rap I couldn't get back on the field.
Speaker 3: It was just like, you know, you hate to have those stories, but that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the way again we were like joking about it, but the way this will be coach, It'll be like some of them bullshit. But ultimately I can see, like, you know, rave any head coach that I've had, just being like, this is part of the game. Now, trust me, I'm with you, guys. I don't disagree that this sucks, but no matter what, you know, you we got to accept it and figure out a fucking way to get him to the ground. So if we have a bad penalty, you know, the first the first ones until it gets crucial, it's gonna be like, fuck, what do you want us to do?
Speaker 8: Okay, so what's the penalty? What is the pill in yards?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, what happens if you do it more than one? It's that same player? Is it an ejection or do you get ejected out the game?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 4: So it's like a face mask, So you get a fifteen yard it's.
Speaker 2: Just gonna be a fifteen yard automatic first down type of thing.
Speaker 4: But if you keep I'm just saying, like, what if you repeat the staff, you will repeat, fender, what is the what is the penalty?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Are you do you get kicked out of the game? Is it unsportsman like? What is it that would suck? I mean because that.
Speaker 2: Would change, right, I mean whether you got a superstar defensive player, Yeah, and you throwing them out of the game.
Speaker 8: You're throwing them out of the game.
Speaker 2: Ya, I don't know. Are you able to look that up? Mitch? We gotta it is.
Speaker 4: Actually that was That's a good argument right there, because now you're gonna save the offensive player and take out the star defensive player.
Speaker 2: What's the differention if neither one if nobody got hurt from the hit, drop tap nobody say if no one got hurt, Like what sucks? Is Okay, it'll be a penalty and it'll be thought of like fuck, all right, well try to do this, but nobody's gonna you know, this is something that you can consciously change until like you you'll probably see it years from now, not not that it really gets changed, but to where it's like, hey, you're you're hurting us by trying to tackle this way. At first, you'll cand be seen like hey, try to try something else, but nobody's gonna get mad at you the same way you would of like, you know, if you're repeating a holding call, hey, get the fuck out of the game.
Speaker 8: Jumping off sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the violation will result in a fifteen year old penalty flagged in games. But Troy Vincent, the nfl is executive vice president Football Ops, strongly implied last week that it is likely to be enforced similarly to the use of helmet rule, which typically leads to warning letters and fines in the week after the game, rather than flags during the play. Oh wow, you get these pockets are going to get hurt.
Speaker 9: You getting fine.
Speaker 2: From doing something that's an unintentional, instinctive nature of get this guy out of the ground.
Speaker 3: So so as you see that flag, you know you get in a fed Ex.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn ah. So that is what again, if you go with the other side, it's like, that is what it is. It's going to become part of the game, Like it's gonna be talked about the same way these these hard hits that are up top. Hey, this dude's can find all that sucks, but.
Speaker 3: It's got to go vice versas say we throw an interception.
Speaker 4: Offensive players do not tackle every week every day that is going to be a common issue for offensive players trying to tackle defensive players on interceptions.
Speaker 9: Watch I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's hope, because that'll be what I want to argue. Hey, where's the bettal? Hey, where's the buddleting? Just I just I'm just trying to fight for the guys out there tackling like there ain't no you wish it was perfect every time, but it's just not. Like Jeff Miller, the executive the NFL executive vice president said that there were two hundred and thirty instances of tackling technique occurring during a game last season, with fifteen players missing time as a result.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: What is that? Yeah, you're talking a six percent injury rate for star players, and I know is that what that says? Star players?
Speaker 8: What's being Yeah, when we talk, it's just said fifty players.
Speaker 4: But as we can we as we can account most of them with star players that went down.
Speaker 2: Yes, we all love the hip drop of what you may think are the drag from buying tackles were falls and it's still tackle. This is only that tackle for the players lifting themselves in the air and then falling on the legs.
Speaker 4: Pulling himself to him like he pulling you and then dropping down like who, so are we gonna hire? You know how these coaches be hiring this specialists to come in and teach us how to tackle.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody will, yeah, somebody will karate specialist.
Speaker 8: No kind of guy.
Speaker 1: You know they come in.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and then you're fighting with knives. It's gonna help the hip drop tackle in some capacity. It's about to be a lot of miss tackles.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: Somebody, yeah, Darius Slay, It's about to be a lot of miss tackles. I don't. I don't. I don't think there will. I think it will continue just to happen, like I don't like this to me, wouldn't change any part of my game. And then if it just happens, it just happens.
Speaker 8: Same, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't go into the game worrying about it, like if you get if you beat me and I'll tackle you from behind.
Speaker 8: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Because they're talking about the lift and then the legs coming up like more than likely you're stronger than me, and I'm just unfortunately I end up getting lifted by trying to fucking bring you back down.
Speaker 4: It's still it's the point of when you grab him, you're trying to stop him from getting the extra yards. That's what it is, because you kind of like, you know how, like it's almost like tug of war. You kind of lean back and you pull, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And when you're trying to use any part of your like leverage and weight and like the self awordess you have with your body, you're just like, this is what feels the absolute best and gets the motherfucker down right now now.
Speaker 4: Because that's all we're thinking about, is like you don't want to go back andside like damn right, gosh.
Speaker 2: Cause again the tackle warfront to where you got that couple of yard space and your back to me. I don't know which way you're necessarily turning, but I know I'm I'm going to lunch to try to get you down. And the minute it feels like you're going the opposite way, you're just outside of your body. So you just think, by any means necessary, what we used to the sling shot and slingshot.
Speaker 4: The sling shot, you just kind of use they momentum and if.
Speaker 2: Your lace come up, then it's like you're trying to do whatever you can. That's actually called like a cow tackle. Like it's like they use it in roping cows. Like you will see it a lot where they get on the horns and then they jump put in the air and they drop back to get the cow down.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about like on their head with like on the fucking horns or whatever, and they're just trying to.
Speaker 8: Rip them rip down.
Speaker 9: Yup.
Speaker 2: It'll be, it'll be, it'll be interesting. I'm just curious because again, players are still gonna get hurt. It's still gonna happen. I'm ready to see when it decides a game and people are gonna lose their mind.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's gonna be a big problem the first go around.
Speaker 8: I think the referee is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Just as they call it, especially in preseason. They're gonna be passing it out.
Speaker 4: They're gonna overdo, They're gonna overdo it, and the cat's gonna be just like what.
Speaker 8: Fans are gonna be like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: Players are gonna be like what's going Coach is gonna be complaining about because it's gonna be just a thing. They're gonna emphasize it, like we're gonna do this in preseason so you guys understand that if we see it, we're throwing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, But and too, I feel like there's something like that literally every year, every piece, every week they're trying to overcall and make a point about something. Everybody gets pissed off every year. Every year, this will be the new thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, they need to start making a point about the rules on overtime because I feel like we make so much, we emphasize so many rules, but we leave out the key factor of rules because I feel like if the forty nine ers had an understanding of the rule.
Speaker 2: I don't know, talking about taking the ball, yeah yeah, you're having the ball second, I mean in the ball.
Speaker 3: But a lot of players came and said they didn't understand the rule.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody, and I didn't. I don't think anybody understood the rule until they just showed us during the Super Bowl of graphic and then in my brain, I'm thinking, I guess we all knew this, like yeah, yeah, this that's the rule. I had no clue.
Speaker 8: I had no clue.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, is that new, but that that was new for that year, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: I believe so because I was always under the impression, if you scored a touchdown, it's over.
Speaker 8: No. No, they changed that.
Speaker 4: You got a chance to try to score a touchdown and kick a field goal. But if the game with the clock ran out on that first quarter, it was a we were playing a whole new game. So we would have played four quarters. No matter what, you would have played four quarters if no one would have scored.
Speaker 8: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Wait what Look, here's what I thought. Here's what I thought. It was on the on the Super Bowl. I thought leading up to make sure guys had an opportunity. I thought, if they had a field goal, the other team then gets an opportunity to score, whether it's a field goal or a touchdown, wins the game. But I thought if you scored a touchdown in the opening drive, then the game was overpe.
Speaker 4: Because remember that's what happened with the first year with the Kansas City and people got pissed, like, how is that the game over?
Speaker 8: Kansas City only scored a touchdown.
Speaker 4: It was like, well, if you score touchdown, so if you kick a field goal, the other team have they changed that.
Speaker 3: Rule because of that with the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: So that's why I said the Chiefs were so prepared for this rule because it happened because of them. So it was like, oh, if you score a touchdown, down, the Chiefs has the opportunity to go down score a touchdown, and then we're gonna keep going until whoever win this game.
Speaker 2: I think the chief we're going to go for two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they square a touchdown on their drive, they were going to go for two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would end it, That would end the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but this rule is only for like, uh, overtime games in the playoffs, in.
Speaker 4: The playoffs only, okay, yeah, yeah, all right, all right, right yeah, but.
Speaker 2: In the regular season, it's the the one if you score first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That's why they were so confused.
Speaker 4: So because you can tell San Francisco was thinking that the clock was gonna run out and the game was over and they but it wasn't, no, no, because they they kicked the field goal.
Speaker 8: They was up by three points.
Speaker 4: San Francisco was up by three points, so they thought the game was gonna be over once the clock ran dead. That's why they was all kind of sitting there and Patrick snapped the ball with like two seconds left, confusing them a little bit, and nobody covered the flat and that's how they won the game.
Speaker 2: Wait, so if that clock would have ran out, there would have ran another.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would have did one another quarter. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I swear to you, bro. That's why I'm saying these rules. We do so many rules, and we don't even.
Speaker 2: Know the rules ourselves.
Speaker 4: That's what makes this game more complicated because they really don't explain it.
Speaker 2: What Mitchell saying that the head coach should be fully aware.
Speaker 4: I mean, he came out and said he told the team, and then other players said he never told.
Speaker 8: But Rock came out and said he knew. Rock Birdy said he knew.
Speaker 5: He said.
Speaker 9: He's probably just covering his own ass for saying that.
Speaker 2: Okay, at that point, you're not trying to be in the line of fire. It's like I could say some dumptions. Bell Okay, yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 9: Ye was miked up and he was like, oh, so these are the rules. As they were weretraying him on the big screen.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were learning in real time. I feel like, just like the fans were at home. I was like, oh, damn.
Speaker 9: So like, clearly Shanahan did not tell them.
Speaker 2: Clearly Shanahan didn't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like he probably didn't know because like Andy Reid knew. They they came out and said after the game, Andy Reid, they were they practiced that they were fired up.
Speaker 2: That the Niners took the ball for.
Speaker 4: They couldn't believe it. They couldn't believe it. They was like, wait, they just took the ball. You see how he looked when he said he took the Oh he was ready. Oh we kicked that way, he was ready.
Speaker 8: It was over with.
Speaker 1: They knew.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, damn, my dogs. They damn damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did I get you. I didn't know that it goes to another quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See that's what I'm saying. So these rules.
Speaker 2: Games changing every year every year.
Speaker 4: Every year year, they're gonna find something thatfore they can find players. They're like, Okay, now our our salary is going up. We gotta find these guys even more now, like let's find ways to just take money from them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty much that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, appreciate you coming on. We will. And again this was a great interruption because the hip drop tackle rule just came out, But d thank you for coming on. And by the way, people might be seeing Delaney throughout the course of the spring tour potentially mm hmm the mule, Yeah, the mule. But uh, all right, back to uh, back to the episode. When you do a hip drop tackle, the defensive player in his mind, there's no part of him that's thinking I'm doing something that to try and hurt this guy illegally, because number one, every rule is centered around offense in football, like they get every fucking rule when you're breaking down the tackle, it's not like there's there's everybody has this perfect idea of like keep your feet tight, keep your feet hot, moving, long strike, short shrides, shoot, all this dumb shit that you practice consistently all the time without taking into account that it doesn't that it just doesn't. It's not a perfect game all the time. You're not in the perfect situation in football. So when you're breaking down and going right and one guy, the offensive player, gets a step on you and you get a little bit outside your body and you are now sideways on the offensive player, and the whole thing is not only am I trying to get him to the ground, But I'm not trying to like ride him to where he gets two or three or four extra more yards. You're trying to stop him and bring him backwards as much as you can, so if you get to the side, your first instinct is to pool so he doesn't gain more yardage. That is the dumbest fucking rule. And I'm tired of the NFL becoming so soft with these rules. They think they're protecting, but they're not. You want to protect. Get fucking grass and not turf on every field. Every premier soccer team that comes to the US and plays somewhere, they get a natural grass put into the field and we don't take care of our guys like that.
Speaker 5: And they want to.
Speaker 2: They want they're gonna they're gonna angle from the side of safety. But it's just another fucking offensive rule that they think is dangerous. Like, yeah, it's unfortunate, but that is football. That's the nature of the game.
Speaker 3: You really do when you're like a little kid and you're playing football in the front yard and the only way to get somebody bigger than you down is that. And when you're a little kid, you're not thinking like, oh, drop, it's like grab on, go down and just try.
Speaker 5: To get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like imagine I'll use Derek as the example, but imagine like as Derek, Dereck Henry gets lateral on you, right, and he's got the stiff arm when you were in practice, You're you're being talked, chopped the stiff arm, and then you know, obviously grab him, get him to the ground. But you're already sideway story you you trap and you're not gonna just keep running with the offensive player Like that is fucking insane.
Speaker 3: Man, I might get back into the league.
Speaker 2: I would have never made it. You're talking about these you're talking about these cats having a step on your boy and you just gotta get him to the ground. Anyway, how like you're within the five yard, you're within five yards of the goal line. I tell you a big win for offensive players, Big win for offensive players. Oh yeah, what are they doing with kickoffs?
Speaker 3: No more like surprise on side.
Speaker 9: Cakes the XFL kickoff now where it's like it's where everybody's within like ten or fifteen yards and that you just have the returner deep and the kicker like you kick it and then you're not allowed to run until the guy like catches the ball and then there's like in they're saying the new the new touchback is like you bring it out to the thirty five and but I think the ball hits in play and then rolls into the end zone. You get the ball like the fifteen or something. I think it's ridiculous, the fifteen or twenty. There. There's a whole lot more rules that go into the kickoff more than just a touchback or not.
Speaker 2: Can you type in new kickoff rule Jack?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like everybody. Everybody has to be.
Speaker 1: I know, no, it is.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, there are cats who are like bubble players that are that get their name because they flash on kickoff or punt at gunner. I don't think pun's getting me, but they flash on like kickoff right because they're like the first guy down or truly just effort. You can tell they're just scrapping for that first NFL paycheck. And that's gonna suck for guys like that. All right, here we go. It'll be decided Monday, which is today. Okay. Of the twenty two players on the field of play, twenty one of them will be the receiving team. Will be in the receiving team's territory. That number will break down like this. For the kickoff team, all right, the kicker will be by himself. The kicker will be set up, will set up the ball at his own thirty five yard line, and after kicking it, he won't be able to cross midfield until the ball is in play. The ball will be considered in play if the returner catches it, or if the ball hits the ground in the landing zone I'm assuming that's before the goal line, or if the ball gets to the end zone like rolls to the endzone like you're saying, Mitch. Coverage team will be lined up together. The other ten players excluding the kicker will be lining up on the receiving team's forty yard line. Each player has to have at least one foot on the forty before the play can start. Also, the kicking team has to have five players on each side of the ball, so they won't be able to load up one side. As for the receiving team, their setup will be slightly different. Most of the receiving team will be at the thirty five yard line, so these guys will be five yards apart. The receiving team has a five yard setup zone that runs from its own thirty to its thirty five. Seven players from the receiving team must have their foot on the thirty five yard line. The receiving team can also have two more players who are in the setup zone but who aren't touching the thirty five yard line. Those players will be lined up outside of the hashes. The receiving team can have two returners. I mean, go down. If you're someone who you can hopefully you can put this chart up. They say, here's the look at here's a look at it if you're more of a visual a visual learner. So it sounds like there'll be ten ten kickoff guys lined up on the opponent's four, and then the receiving team will be set up on the thirty five yard line, so they'll be five yards apart. The receiving team will have a five yard setup zone, so you know how you drop back in the coverage, setup doubles, whatever it is, you only get five yards to do that. So you'll literally be setting up there'll be ten yards apart when the when the play happens, then you get two returners. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I guess we'll have to see how it looks. I'm sure they're gonna run this stuff in preseason no matter what, do we know if that rule is getting passed, they vote, they they're voting today, Like as we're talking about it, no fun league, man, that hip drop is is so bad. That is such a bad rule.
Speaker 11: And yeah, you.
Speaker 3: See Jerry Jones his paper. Yeah, yeah, the scroll had to be practicing his signal like it looked like would you just practice your autographing.
Speaker 2: Just scribbling all over it. Yeah? That sucks, man, that sucks about the the hip drop tackle, the hip drop tackle. In other news, JP, He's back with us. JP's back with busting with the boys. Made some good waves on what was that Thursday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Would you like to would you like to drop an official statement? JP? Would you like me to talk about it? I saw I saw you battling back and forth with some guys.
Speaker 3: I know you to go first.
Speaker 2: Okay. So JP has a pure heart, and I think muddies is water at times when he sees some opportunities for content. This is a prime example. And I'm pumped that you went with it because there's a part of me I was like, once we started to get to I'm up in the air, and I'm like, have you tweeted it posted? I'm thinking, like, now is where he might think, Like, I don't know if we should go. I don't know if he wants to go this route, to go that route. Yeah, I put in the group chat, Hey, here's what we're gonna do. But I texted JP. You know, I was like, here, I'll read the text you guys.
Speaker 3: Is that like seven fifteen am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm flying to Chicago and I'm just caffeined up espresso Lucy in my brain, just ready to go here. Here we go Thursday. Yeah, we had a lot of texts just fast forward on this apartmentch.
Speaker 3: Well if we as Will's looking for it. When he sends, he's like sending this whole thing, and I'm like already kind of feeling uneasy about it. And then I didn't respond for like two to three minutes and he just HiT's back. It would be hilarious. I'm like, oh God, that's when I knew. I'm like, I don't know if there's any turning back.
Speaker 2: I said, are you in the shop today? I can't remember when you leave because JP had a wedding. He's like, yeah, I'm there, I said, idea for you do a post today quitting Bust with the Boys and go uh and go in the happy hour David Busters, and JP goes, any ideas on how to make it funni or like non? I'd like, obviously, I'll try to brainstorm, but didn't know if you already have something in your head and JP sent and I already had a full caption as very few of as very few of you know, today's my official last day with Bus with the Boys. Legit bittersweet feeling because I'm sad to be done working with the guys who have become like family to me. But I'm also very excited for this next opportunity. I can't say what it is, but I'll have a video later this morning. And I was like, something like that, and then you just go to Dave and Busters to make your video there excited to announce that I'll be at Dave and Busters for their free happy hour whatever whatever the deal is blah blah blah, could be hilarious. JP Ah, I got you. Oh man, let me see here two options because I go, You're like, due to recent events, today is my official last day of BUS and I was like, you got two options make it seem like we had a part we had to part ways because ultimately you were the point man for the emails where people try to battle over the decision or a new opportunity that you can't pass up, where people go sentimental route. And I'm just thinking in my head, like, because after everything unfolded, what was that Monday or Tuesday? Was that Monday? Yeah, Monday when we missed the Bracketbusters and Dave went off went off on us on the bracket Busters and we did the show and Dave called in and kind of gave it to us verbally, and then throughout that week we're kind of over. We're trying to like, how can we make this right with David Busters? Because that does suck that we didn't show up, but how can we accept what happened? And fucking you know, how can we be creative in doing something to make it right? And next time the next day when we come into the shop, I remember thinking about I should at least go take a picture. I come in, JP's like, hey you should go to David Buster's. Jack comes in, he say, hey we should go make videos and content at David Busters. Everybody's kind of like on board that we need to go to David Busters if we're gonna make this stuff right. All the boys are telling us. So we go out that day and we do all of our david Busters content. We end up getting messages from the high ups at barstool like, hey, David, us is just They're pumped about the day. They think it's funny like this, Thank god you guys did this, like way to basically gbot you get back on track. And so I'm just continuing to figure out, like how we can we can play this up because you hear people talking about, you know, you read some of the comments on YouTube from the video like you know, taking bullets, like I'm the only one taking bullets, like nobody else is saying nothing, Like oh, it seems like Will's just smiling. You can see what kind of guy is Like he's not taking stairs. All the guys in the back are laughing, thinking that this is a big fucking joke, Like no, we are. We were mentally in a blender. But there's sometimes you just gotta like you gotta be able to take it on the chin, have a not have a smile on your face, but ultimately like there you know, that nothing drastic of like, hey, we got to split up, because at the end of the day, you would have thought we were a March Madden. You would have thought we were a March Maddness podcast, like we're some college basketball podcasts. We had never shown up on the Barsol Bracketbusters. We'd always been told that, hey, this is gonna be your team riding them into the end. Now this is obviously it was a much bigger sponsored event, a lot more dollars behind it. We've been seeing some of the unfoldings about whether it's MINSI with the combine or guys not showing up. Remember Titus got something for a big sponsored events. So there are things that feed up that have fed in the day's mind of like these motherfuckers just people fucking up when we have highly sponsored stuff. We've had our hiccups recently with whether it's the draftking stuff or not reading an email for the day of the Super Bowl that played up in us getting reamed. So you see all this stuff and you're just thinking like, thank god, we the boys figured out how to like make this stuff right. Because at the end of the day, it's a content game. It's a content business. Like it's all media, it's all entertainment, Like, how can we take this reaming and spin it into making more content off of it without being like dickheads, without like you know, being going the routes being silent about it, like okay, we kind of just took that. We're not gonna say anything else about it. We're just gonna be quiet. It's like, how do you make content? How do you have creativity and like make content with all the boys, which we did and everybody was very pleased to where I think David Busters might be coming back around and working more with the company, with Barstool, with Busting because of all that stuff. So we fast forward into going to Chicago, and I just have this idea for JP because you see people like why don't you have a fall guy? Like why not a fall guy? But why don't you have somebody checking emails? Why don't this? Why don't that? Everybody kind of having an opinion on it. So it's like, how can we lean into it more by having JP or having somebody to make content. I knew Jack was going to Chicago JP. He kind of he's seen as like a producer for all the stuff that we do. So I was like, how can we make it seem like JP's kind of a fall guy, but make it seem like there's quiet private conversations that happened. We're all good, but there's some undertone of jpkin is just moving on but saying everything's all good, busting for life, but also I'm excited for this. Basically JP's kind of standing on business or I'm not going to be talked to like this in a private conversation or a saving saving Facebook making it seem like it's all good between us, but there's a question mark on what the fuck's going on. You played it perfectly. You crushed it. I know you took a lot of people being like okay, they were legit said, I'm getting a lot of texts. You show me. JP's still getting a fuckload of messages. He has over one hundred and sixty not the flex, but the also flex that his text message Shane has been run up over this whole fiasco. Dave comes in and sits down. He's like, Hey, what the fuck happened? Did your guy quit? Did you fire?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What happened with this? What happened with this producer that's going on a big Cat's like, yeah, apparently it's a bit or something, and I was like, I was like, yeah, I mean we're just making we're making more content off and nothing happened and everything's all good. He's doing a callback to now we're at David Busters, because the whole play of David Busters was, Hey, go to happy hour on March twenty first, whether you're working, if you're working that day, skip work or work from David Busters. PFT had a tweet that sparked my inspiration from me. He's like, what a great day to quit your job and go to David Busters. And so all of it kind of ed in. Let's do another callback to DMB on March twenty first with all the boys. I saw your video like one eats we all lead all the boys or there David Busters taking photos. I thought it was played beautifully.
Speaker 3: I know. I just I feel like, because I have a smaller following that I do like, you know, I try to reply to people like throughout the weeks whatever, like build these little relationships with people. So then when that happens, I truly feel like I'm connected with a decent amount of my followers and they're sending me the nicest messages into DMS and I'm like, oh my god, Like, then.
Speaker 2: You got people who earn the gray, who know you, who probably don't communicate with you all the time. That's kind of given like a right am. I thought you were really gone, like I kind of can't trust you, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it just I made me feel so bad. I mean it worked and shout out to all the new followers out there. I was gonna say, you got but man, yeah I did. I felt I just wanted the people to know that I felt bad misleading, misleading the people.
Speaker 2: There was one I did send JP a text. I said, your good heart is blinding you from the bigger the bigger picture, which I thought it was good. I thought it was good content. I thought it was great content to continue to play into.
Speaker 3: Caleb text me Presley and said brother exclamation by exclamation point. I was like, what's up. He's like, you're leaving the bus and I explained it to him. He said, classic will with the death jokes. I was like, oh, I could just talk about the theo vonn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the theo von stuff, which, by the way, I feel like hasn't gotten fully until we get THEO on the bus, or there's finally a conversation to be had about how much of just a set up joke that was in his In his following things, it's like, oh, Will's just a bad perdon who fakes the death, YadA, YadA, YadA. But uh, yeah, I thought it was great. I went in when I got to draft to uh the sports book. Every Oh, there were so many people like for solely he goes, He's like, dog, you fucking had me. He's like I was. He's like, I was so hurt. I was like, text me a sap. Yeah, he's also hurt to see that, like other people like, hey, is that real? Big Cat was even like, hey, so what happened to your guy? But we were on camera, so I thought he was kind of just right. He kind of understood the bit.
Speaker 3: Fight sent me a message. He was like, bro, it was honestly so nice. He was like, man like love getting to chop it up with you, Like, let's make sure just because you're gone like that, it's not the last time we hang out like all the best. I'm like, Fie is such a real one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry to make you like the the fucking goat that comes up for the for the t Rex in Jurassic Park, just sitting there. Because another thing that sucks is that if if something ever does happen, it's like he almost kind of blew your water on though.
Speaker 3: Shared I said, now I got to wait at least six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, there goes my plan. I gotta I gotta hold this one out a little bit more thought. I thought the content was good from it. We had a good little good little get right, good little make right.
Speaker 3: We were only into all the it do what we were owning the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we were. We made it, We made it into something. I was telling MB. I was telling MB and Jack Mac. I know he's in with like the Draftking stuff or daven Busters. I'm like, hey, rumor has it like you guys can now add in an extra responsibility making sure the busting guys know their information because I know we make you guys work overtime a little bit more now. And they kind of like laugh because they're like, if there's an example of handling it, you guys would be the example for other brands handling it that way, which, hey, shout out the boys, not the flex and put everybody else in a tough spot. But that's how that's how we do it with bust with the boys. Bye. I appreciate you doing that. I know it kind of hurts your soul a little bit. I was following along the weekend. When I would get in the reply well, I'd see your replies. I was like, he's really, he's really trying to reply and make sure. Hey, I will earn your trust back. Everybody. Another way to earn your trust back Verizon. I'm always relying on my phone to keep up with the latest news, football, sports, JP's replies, and everything in between. Whether you're streaming games, searching for live scores across the NFL, or keeping it up with major trades, I can always trust my phone to get me there. There's nothing worse than your phone glitching out during a game winning drive or finding out who's taken with the first overall pick in the draft. That's why you can rely on Verizon's fast, reliable network that lets you stream games and keep up with what's happening in real time. Verizon has you covered on the go and at home. Plus, when you bundle your mobile and home internet plans with them, you can save tons of money. Just visit Verizon dot com slash barstool to learn more anything else from the last from the last week. Fellas and Dave and I are solid. Who are like people who might question that Dave hates us or they say that like the boys are solid. The boys are solid as long as we as long as we make content off bad content like you can rest assured the boys will be solid. Whoh great, fucking great by g We are going to our spring tour kicks off this week TBD on how we're going to release everything, because some of our visits are spaced out a little bit. Last year to give you guys some perspective and context the years, the years prior years past, we've gone to a new school every week and release the content the following week, within like a three or four week span. This year, we're going to Florida State this week Tallahassee. We leave you're listening on Tuesday. We leave today. We're gonna be shooting content today and tomorrow with the head coach and some of the players. With coaches and players, we go to Nebraska like the first weekend of April, so not like not bang bang, not like right after Florida State, and then we're doing Oregon third week, yeah, third week of April, and Alabama the fourth week of April. So stay tuned on how we're gonna kind of drop that content because we would like to have it bang. We would like to have it back to back to back, so you might not be getting Florida State next week exactly. But also right now, we do have some some some sad and good news. Some sad news is I believe we might be pulling the plug.
Speaker 12: What's up, gid JP really quit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The tough news is I think we're gonna be pulling the plug on this first live show. The boy Taylor, as you see, he's not with us right now. He got a massive opportunity and he is out of the office for the next month. The boy is we can't really say what it is, but he's on site working on something and he might be in the next TV star. That's what we'll give you. Taylor's working on a TV series right now. He might be the next TV star. That's all we can give you. But Taylor is out for the next month. So the boy, he loves to do the live shows. I know, we got to provide three of them. We will be doing the one at Nebraska because let's just call spade of spade. We got coach rule locked in for Nebraska. You kind of don't you kind of don't need the boy at a spot like Nebraska. Now we'll be moving to one. What we're gonna look to do because there's a couple there's a couple issues. There's honestly a couple of things that we kind of hurt ourselves on. We want to expand in the new college football worlds, like with new college football fan bases, so we're going to places like Florida State and Oregon. However, when you go into these corners of the country where our fan base isn't that big, we're also doing where we also like to do live shows when we're on our spring tour. However, if we want to make good content for those fan bases in the digital world, you want to go to the Organs in Florida States. But if you're trying to do a spring tour around live shows, like when Comedians tour, you go into your niche places before you expand and build out our dumb asses, we would be like, oh, let's do a lave show here, Let's do a live show there. We sell like four tickets to some of these spots because nobody has really any idea, or they might but not they're not close enough, tight end or where Hey, we want to get to a show, or we're going to book a flight to fly to where's Oregon? Eugene, Yeah, Eugene, we're out in Tallahassee. Now, we sold a little bit more than four tickets to Tallahassee, but not a huge amount. For those people who are going who had bought tickets to the Tallahassee live show. I know we're gonna like do a make right way. We're gonna be at Pop Belly's hanging out, mingling, having drinks, having a good time at Pop Belly, just to have that engagement, that personal reaction. So if you that personal interaction, So if you are going to Tallahassee, if you had bought tickets, like, we're still going to be there. We're just not gonna be running this live show because Taylor he can't be he can't be a part of it because the boy had to take a last minute and it is it's a big opportunity for him. I'm fired up for him. He's gonna do really good at it. He's gonna knock it out of the park. It was kind of like one of those things. He was super excited about doing it. He didn't want to bail on the boys, and we were kind of just like, dog, you can't pass up this opportunity. He needs to go do this thing. So we'll be doing the spring tour at Florida State in Oregon. We won't be doing live shows there because the boy won't be with us, but we're gonna be looking at doing it here in Nashville. So be on the lookout for those details. Whether it's at you know, the barstool, whether it's at the barstool, bars, Zani's, Raymond, any of these spots. Be on the lookout. We're gonna be doing one in our own backyard because we realize, like we're idiots if we're just gonna try to do live shows and all these different parts of the country without like obviously sprinkling where our base is the best, and that is in our own backyard with Nashville, with Lincoln, Nebraska. So we'll be doing shows there. Just follow us at busting wtb Gee anything. I'm missing with that.
Speaker 12: We can cut this if I'm not sure. But those people that bought tickets will get refunded.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know that that's gonna okay, perfect still coming out.
Speaker 12: I don't know this one hundred percent, but it feels like that should be the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you guys getting me hopped up enough, hand me a mike.
Speaker 13: Well, I was like, I don't want that to be misleading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, you will be getting reimbursed. You will be getting your money back. Get me hopped up enough, I'll get hand me a mike. You never know what can happen. We'll still be We'll still be hanging out, I'll be taking photos, We'll be doing twenty minutes. It'll be turned into a big time me and greet party together, all that fun stuff. We'll be doing that. We just won't be having the theatrics of a live show. And you will be getting refunded your money. So just y, very good point. Gee, do not want to be have muddy water when explaining that you will be getting refunded for this, For this, if you bought tickets for the seven people who bought tickets, I think it was like twenty five thirty is it forty? Did you jump up to forty? That'd be a nice party. It'll be a fun party. Yeah.
Speaker 12: It was like eight people. But Will's doing twenty minutes to stand ups come out?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, TP's like, ah, man, that sucks and we're gonna pull up. We'll just do stand up like I'm just some natural, like I've done my rounds. I have a set. We'll just do twenty minutes to stand up.
Speaker 3: I believe in you, bro.
Speaker 2: It's not that I don't believe in myself. You just know me. I get insanely like right now if I even start to think about it, the nerves are sky high because I want to do well, like I want to have something for the people, versus just sweating my ass off and just bombing. Speaking of Bomb, we have Brian Bombgardner on for the interview. I know we've talked a lot about everything else. Our interview is Brian Bombgarner from the Office. He's most well known for the Office. He was a fun conversation. Uh, that'll be a good time for those who are tuned in right now watching what else has anything? Whole Free Agency snead. Yeah, welcome the Titans getting uh, what's his first name? Lagarious? Lagarious Sneed. He's a dog you think everybody think, Okay, yeah, you know because he puts.
Speaker 1: Chief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm bum but that's good. Hey, Tennessee's been having a quiet, little good offseason. They've been having a quite a little has.
Speaker 6: Been really just Texans and Titans.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Texans will be will be good. But uh yeah, no, Snead is a big pick up. Everybody knows the clip too. I don't think we can use it because the NFL copyright. But when Sneed was just dogging Hill at the line of scrimmage, bodied him, bodied him. No, but that's a that's a big pickup. I know Jeff Simmons he's happy. I know he had a tweet saying, like, help me, help you. That's what you need. You need them coverage, sacks, just under pressure picks, Uh, any other movement in the NFL. I feel like I've been in a hole just again watching watching the tournament from eleven am to midnight, so I hadn't really saw a whole lot of NFL free agency news. Do we want to hit our shout out? No for shut out? Have some fun shout out no for shot out. Well, and guys bear with us, like we have a fifty minute interview, forty five fifty minute interview with Brian. We're obviously running this intro right now. The boys we got ads. I know you guys fucking hate the ads all the time. Uh, but we love them. We love the ads. We especially love Duke Cannon because as always, the boys have a special code for you, just for the Tier ones. Use code Tier one t i e R one, the number one t I e R number one on do u cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order. Use code Tier one again on duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order. I was actually at HQ forgot to forgot to put the odran on that morning for whatever reason, I was trying to make breakfast with wit forgot to put the oder on, but was able to get Duke Cannon to your boy. I got a whole slew a whole fucking toolbox of Duke Cannon delivered right to me. But again Tier one for fifty percent off your first order. Our shot out, no free shot out, our very first one will come to us from the one the only Mitch.
Speaker 9: Carsley, I shout out this week. It goes to that first breeze you could get after working out. So if you're working out in like inside, you get that that good sweat going and then you you it's like time to leave, so you go outside and hit your card. Immediately you just get that that cool breeze and like you're a little bit sweaty, so it like makes you cool off even more. But that as soon as you get outside, that breeze hits you, like, yeah, I just got that working Yes, sir, shout out that breeze.
Speaker 2: Shout out that breeze. Shout out that cool bream. And if you got that, if you got that, duke can the owner on that breeze hits it. He hits even harder with that ac that they already having in there. Go ahead, Jack.
Speaker 6: One of these days, my shout out is going to be when Mitch has a really good shout out, because it fires me up. I'm not saying, I'm not saying, I'm not saying he's like missing a bunch, But when he hits one, I feel like the whole the whole state of the bus is just kind of elevates.
Speaker 2: It's like, thank God, we're gonna have an okay week, right But but.
Speaker 6: That is not my shout out this week, maybe next week. My I'm not actively living my shout out right now, but my shout out goes to the first day you get back to after being sick. I thought about this shout out going out to Vegas, and then we've ben't talked about it. We did obviously off the bus, but I got very sick in Vegas. So I don't know if I had to actively live through this experience to really own this shout out. But I think tomorrow when we head to Florida State, I feel like I'm going to be possibly on the first day that I'm at one hundred percent again. So I'm really hoping that's the case. But there is a very special moment when you finally get back to one hundred percent, because you all live through the same moment when you're sick or you're like, God, I had I had it so good, it's so good. At one point, I took everything for granted. I'll never take it for granted again. Just like I just make me be healthy and I'll be happy. There's nothing that could go wrong if I just could be healthy again. So that first day being one healthy again after being sick to me is yeah, you can't beat that. So I'm praying it's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It reminds me that quote I think you go something like, shit, a healthy man wants everything, A sick man wants one thing. That's that's to be healthy.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure put that on a quote. Graphic Coope.
Speaker 3: GP got one, Yeah, I got one. This morning, McDonald's brought back their uh their breakfast bagels and we were kindly invited to a local McDonald's in Nashville to enjoyed me and four others.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Because we because we had been tweeting it out like for a while, and then the the McDonald's Nashville guy, he like tagged us all last week in uh in like their little marquee signs saying March twenty fifth, bagels are back. So then we got in like a little group chat on Twitter and they were like, hey, come out, like pick a location, come out, We'll hook you' all up with some some of the sandwichesne Tommy Guns I think his name is right.
Speaker 2: The gun show, Yo, shout out the boy.
Speaker 6: Wait did they bring him back just for you guys for like a day or it's bad back back.
Speaker 2: Oh, they brought it back just for them, run it backcas JP called for it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the end and just to let the people know. I did ask him about the snack crap and it is in the works to come back.
Speaker 2: Do we know when? Do we have any We don't know when.
Speaker 3: Apparently the hold up is McDonald's wants perfection and they don't use some of the same ingredients that they were using back then in like the ranch or something. They're like, it would have to be the ranch dipping sauce, but that's not what it was like when the snack crap was hitting. So they're like they're they're working through it. I love that his name's clarkild Clark Gray.
Speaker 2: Shut out Clark.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's hilarious and the smoke show that's this morning.
Speaker 2: I love that. Man, are our insider on McDonald's snack crap is in the works? You want to tip on how to do rants go to go to Home Team Pizza? Actually that might be my shoutout? Have I shot out Home Team Pizza? I think so shout out Home Team Pizza again? Dude. Yeah, basically them are a midnight oil. We get a midnight oil. Five guys, we were a massive five guys. Like again, I'm gonna start shouting out all these local pizza spots, but yeah, Home Team is local. Oh my fault. Five points five points. I'm convinced if you got five in your name, you're successful. You're a successful franchise. Uh. But yeah, hey, Home Team, that's a true local spot. I'm talking. They share they share a space with like a I think, another pizza business, but they share a space where you gotta walk up and there's no storefront. I actually think that they're in the works of getting one. So they're moving up because they're expanding and getting bigger. No, they're a part of me wants to like tell them, like, hey, if you need do you need any investors? Hit your boy up. I'll be an ambassador. I already am. He's like, hey, you mind if we use your stuff for our Instagram was I was like, dog, dude, you guys are the fucking best. Their buck guys are incredible. I always get I always get a little four pack every Friday. They're little breadstick bites, insane garlic butter. Oh fuck, they are the real deal, spicy Italian, spicy Italian with the bread stick, with the breadstick bites and get you you a four piece of Buckeyes. That is your Friday Night. My barber, they're not doing pizza Thursdays because of the inspo. He's like, it's fired us up to do more the you know, not get outside of the annual family, annual tradition stuff of like holidays, but get a weekly one going pizza. Friday's boys Home Team. Shout out the boys at Home team once again. I'll also shout out, I don't know, it's another shutout I can throw out there. Your wife getting right before a long trip. Oh, not to put my wife on the spot, but we love you, sweetet, all right, I love you, sweetheart.
Speaker 3: Oh man Florida State tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll have to make sure my trips are now on the calendar. Hey, sweet you know I'm going here tomorrow. I'll be going for forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: Well that's Murphy's bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh fuck uh g, you got one. Don't have one telling you that brain will failure. Yeah, that's ct ESPN. Somebody's running his account, right, AB's account.
Speaker 3: Who knows? I could see it being him?
Speaker 2: I think even under his name it says like admin. He's got like an admin tag something that goes up under it. I mean, there's no way it's it's him running it. There's no way because it's that. It's a it's a funny. It's a funny Twitter follow right now, I'll to find it on my phone.
Speaker 6: He only follows two people though, on Twitter, and it's his CESP Network and Dick Bender.
Speaker 2: Assistant men's basketball coach Clemson University. Oh, Clemson's having a good tournament. JP.
Speaker 3: Really random to throw that in there.
Speaker 2: I know, I saw Clemson.
Speaker 3: It just made me actually know what a Freddie Clemson fan that's listening. All you guys wanted your coach fired all year. Going into the tournament. You said, oh no, we don't want well, we want to lose in the first round so that we can finally fire Brad brown.
Speaker 2: Ow.
Speaker 3: Now next thing you know, they're in the sweet sixteen and everybody's I love this team, love this, I'll die for this squad, shout out coach brownel just on their knees for him, on their knees, like yeah, this is not how this works. And that's what they're doing with Dabo. So Dabo, watch out man. Your head's on the on the stick right now.
Speaker 2: Your head will be on a stick some December. I can't wait for football season.
Speaker 14: Many Yeah, go ahead, shout out Ran karth On and the Titans forgetting getting to see Titansvin Ridley?
Speaker 2: Yeah what did he?
Speaker 13: I mean, who do you draft?
Speaker 2: Now? Ridley? Sneedy? So you know who to draft? Go ahead? Tell them? Jack?
Speaker 6: Yeah what?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: We went all dude left tackle? Yeah, beas Notre Dame, but who knows. We'll get him powers Joe All. That's that's who I'd like, Joe allt If we get Joe Alt at seven, I think, isn't is that what we have? Seven we get Joe All at seven, he could potentially be, like I'm not saying the next Taylor Lawan, but the next kind of player that could play in the franchise for a decade.
Speaker 2: I think, right, well, yeah, I mean you want your first round cats to be a second contract type guy?
Speaker 6: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 6: I ain't good?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 6: I think it's great.
Speaker 15: Taylor's first year he got after it bro first like first yeah, first three?
Speaker 6: Really, when he stopped going out is when I think the first a cl kind of busted him up.
Speaker 2: So I think it was Taylor was the saving grace. He found Taylor and then I left all the boys behind. They kind of didn't know. You know that the boys are kind of talking like this guy gets a girlfriend just bails on us. What what what happened to bros of her? Hose?
Speaker 3: Mitch airing it out?
Speaker 9: Damn man, I'm not saying nothing.
Speaker 2: On man Carsley, are you trying to bring him down?
Speaker 9: Good for him? Stay it into the mic, then shout out Gronski was hanging. I have Magan Maroney.
Speaker 3: Airing it out.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you don't know what his personal life' is like, man, he's got a wife and kids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was a bunch of people there. Maybe they were just mutual friends.
Speaker 3: Did you see Dion what he was saying about Sar and Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: Yes, saying that they're gonna go.
Speaker 3: He was like he decided Eli.
Speaker 2: He said that there's going to be an Eli situation.
Speaker 3: The Eli because I know for me it took me a second. Eli just basically said I don't want to go to what.
Speaker 2: Was it the Chargers, Yeah, chargers. Chargers were drafting m Eli said no, force their hand had the leverage, and that's how he didn't end up on the Chargers, ended up getting drafted by the Giants. Basically said like, no, he's not what was no.
Speaker 6: They they took he took him, and then they was saying they traded Eli and got Philip Rivers got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Apparently Dion saying that it's gonna be a similar situation with Shuder and Travis.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't really specify which one.
Speaker 2: He said, somebody's gonna they're gonna go. They're gonna both go in the top four. Right, he goes one of them he knows isn't gonna go outside of four. I would almost think that might be uh, Travis, and then Shudur, I think you're gonna That's where the whole Eli situation comes in because he's got what four cities, four teams that he's kind of looking at. I listen, I'm gonna have my popcorn ready to see this thing unfold, because it's like you can look at it as like, oh, what a petty, what a weird way to go about it, Like that's stupid, that's gay, but also like if anybody's gonna have the power to pull something like that off. Dion. Dion kind of had a similar situation. He just knew he wasn't gonna get drafted low, so he would go in the teams that were later in the draft at the combine that would try to interview him, and he'd just say, like, y'all are gonna be high enough to get me, y'all are gonna be able to pick me up?
Speaker 6: This was his direct Q.
Speaker 2: So gangster. Yeah, all this is subjective because I know where I kind of want him to go. Uh and let's not forget Shiloh, but I know where I want them to go. There's certain cities where it ain't gonna happen. It's gonna be an Eli Manning. It's gonna be an Eli Manning situation. He said that on million dollars worth the game. Uh that that that fires me up. I'm excited to see how that goes down. I'm excited to see what kind of year Colorado has after last year, like they started off hot, seemed like they were immortals. Yeah, I mean they essentially in my I in my opinion believe that like Nebraska got a little uh deer in headlights, like just kind of got fascinated by all the headlines and then beating the shit out of TCU. Then they became mortals after about four weeks, fairly quickly after Oregon said, Nah, we ain't wearing a condom on this one, but I am. I'm excited to see how the Colorado team kind of goes about it this year. With the record's gonna end up being anything else, Boys, get anything else to touch on? Twist the question, Uh, I can't wait, cannot wait? Twist the tea is a refreshing hard I see, made with real brewed tea and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. Twist The tea goes down smooth. There's no carbonation, which makes it easier to drink all day long. Twist the tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect alcohol beverage for game day, whether they're tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted with the boys and grab a refreshing twist the tea today, Mitch Twisted question.
Speaker 9: This one comes from Max Merriquin. On Instagram. I feel like we could maybe change this around because I feel like they're kind of I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Would you always have your flight?
Speaker 9: Would you rather always have your flight delayed or always have a middle seat? I think what we could switch that is, would you rather.
Speaker 2: Read it again? Would you rather always have your flight delayed or always have a middle seat?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: I know, and that's that. That's why I'm fucking saying we should change it around.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Would you rather?
Speaker 2: I guess, but would you rather always?
Speaker 9: Would you rather always have a really long security line or have a middle seats?
Speaker 6: Definitely more interesting. I would just never if it's a delayed flight. I'd rather be home, even if it's being in a middle seat. And that's coming from a guy who's like touching the seat to in front of them every time, so.
Speaker 2: So long security line. In my brain, I'm assuming we still make the flight. But you were the anxiet. He's just sky high because you just don't. You're like, oh God, do I ask these people in front of me? Okay, I'm gonna ask them. Never mind, I bitched out, I'm not gonna ask him. Charlotte remind me, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're talking about it was me and Taylor, right, all of us? Was it? All of us?
Speaker 3: You remember?
Speaker 2: He was this the one? What did Jack? Was Jack on their first.
Speaker 10: Oh god, which was the only one who was on the flight at one point because I had ts a pre check and then y'all got caught in a crazy line and then I made it just barely before and then they literally held the flight so y'all can make it on.
Speaker 3: Now, that was a testy time?
Speaker 2: Was that? Was that the gear one too?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were you guys got with the gear and Jack just went just full t s A because you've changed it up now, like you do you understand you remember that situation.
Speaker 9: But we got there with like and you've.
Speaker 2: Legit, you've won eighty I think when we were where were we recently tore? You're like, you know, you guys go, you guys go, I'll sit here with the bags like you don't even there's no need to sit here and wait for me. Yeah, Miami, you guys don't even need.
Speaker 9: We got we got there with like forty five minutes to spare, but like that, the security line was very long.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what would you rather?
Speaker 3: And it wasn't even it wasn't when we were running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't even the fact that because it's like, yeah, everybody can't stand there and do the It's like, okay, one person's gonna ultimately have to do this. But it's almost not even thinking about, Hey, I'm just fucking.
Speaker 6: And look I was in the wrong and I've changed. But I've been telling people for I don't know how everyone on our team doesn't have TACK when we travel. I'm literally in the process minimum once a month all of us probably and none of us have tsa PreCheck. That to me is like you've had enough time to where I can only take blame for so much moving forward.
Speaker 2: No question, because what's all changed.
Speaker 3: I did not too.
Speaker 2: It's even that it's even all you guys being like, hey, always or we need to.
Speaker 6: Responsible traveler and get tsa pre check if you travel over six times a year.
Speaker 2: Fair, very fair.
Speaker 13: Our employers should pay for it, for sure, they will if.
Speaker 2: If you are the one with it and you know you get through.
Speaker 13: I feel like that's always the case guy then.
Speaker 6: But also if I also think if you are the production side of the job that technically falls on you as well, I do it though I do it plenty. That's also we all wear the same hats. I and again, I a good.
Speaker 2: Comversation meeting to have to be like, hey, will.
Speaker 6: I will continue to help whenever I fit.
Speaker 12: I'm busted with the boys driver, but I drive the car everywhere we go.
Speaker 6: I mean, so do I when you're not there.
Speaker 2: Exactly when I'm not there, don't look at me when when you're.
Speaker 6: I'm moving forward. I'm just saying, we've it's it's we've been working in this situation long enough where everyone should have TSA pre check.
Speaker 2: Everyone agreed, agreed. I think that's even if we don't.
Speaker 6: I will always help put that bag on wherever check it because I have a little bit extra time. I'm just saying it just helps. It helps your life tremendously, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I agree that we should all have TSA PreCheck.
Speaker 6: You have to bring like two forms of IA.
Speaker 2: I actually have the links that I can send us that can drop because I got the links. I got the links last Friday.
Speaker 13: I went and didn't have the right paperwork.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you had your appointment.
Speaker 2: I just was like, you didn't. Ever, he said, it's not meant to be.
Speaker 6: It is the best eighty five dollars you'll ever spend.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I agree with you there, because it's even got to the point. It even got like after a couple of those situations, it got to where it's like, hey, what time are you guys getting there? Okay, we need to stop. If we're gonna ride with if we're gonna ride with Will and Taylor, there's either a point where I'm like, Okay, I'll be there and we can leave it this time, or you guys are like, all right, we're gonna get there. Because JP tries to finesse the boarding time over the flight situation, like when does the flight leave? And he's always like when does when do we start boarding? Because I'm always an hour before flight time. JP tries to get an hour before boarding time. But you're always a one.
Speaker 15: So the boarding we're all in different field, we're all in different we're all in different situations, we're all in different situations.
Speaker 13: We don't travel as one anymore. Something happened, something change.
Speaker 6: Now this is the hell we realized.
Speaker 2: We've all realized how to survive, in advance, in our own in our own turn.
Speaker 5: A team anymore.
Speaker 3: What we need we need to just start. All book are separate. We all just show up at different times.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about, You're a logistics guy. You're in the logistics seat. Gee, you are a logistics guy. You are.
Speaker 12: That means I don't have to carry the case then, because I'm I'm legitng on, hang on, hang.
Speaker 2: On with one one issue at a time, one issue, hang on, time out, time out, one issue at a time. You are the logistic guy. Okay, we go post show. I'll just say you are the logistics guy. The book on the Okay, that's a different that's a different problem, that's a different situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm the one carrying the case all the time. That is facts like, I'm fine with doing it. I do need to get pre check in order to get through the line quicker. But it's I'm the one who's always been carrying it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we got we got. This is good. Yeah, this is fine. These are some good issues to talk over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can we can discuss this.
Speaker 2: These are yeah, these are easily solvable. It seems like this is that that we're getting It is some of the rage, some of the some of the stuff that's putting down in the closet out.
Speaker 6: I feel like we might work through a lot of positive things in the next month while Taylor's gone.
Speaker 2: There's no question, there's no question.
Speaker 6: Back Like you know what, we don't actually need you anymore. There we'll always need to make That's a joke, guys, this.
Speaker 2: This would be one that we can all laugh and have fun with. But if the big guys watching, we definitely need our guy. We need our guy.
Speaker 6: Well just put it at the end of the thing. He ain't watching the whole thing.
Speaker 2: By the way, But can you give us a recap of Vegas what people can look forward to in the Vegas blog.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Vegas best three days of my entire life. Uh No, I was sick, but we still got things done. A lot of gambling went on. Taylor once again comes out unscathed. Wins uh an undisclosed amount of money that you will see in the vlog. We got to go to david Busters catch some of the stets in game in March Madness, check out some of their new games, which was even when I I was sick, really fucking cool. It was a new high tech David Buster, so to say. We also got to go to UFC Fight Night and saw a couple really crazy knockouts. You'll see saw some celebrities. One of our good friends that I'll tell you off camera was sitting next to us. We have to tune in the bog and see it. Dana was in a blender one of the nights we see there each night with you guys. I think one two nights, maybe one or two nights, but not not every single night. And then there I'll have to confirm with Taylor or not. But there might be a really sad part of the vlog. So we'll see if that gets put it or not, and I'll just leave it at that. But yeah, very exciting.
Speaker 2: Another Vegas blog coming in Vegas vlog man coming down the Pipe.
Speaker 6: Hopefully there's just more and more Yeah to come.
Speaker 2: Some of those people in the comments call for him, Yeah, just keeps going down.
Speaker 6: The Pipe'll want one of them, I'll go, you know, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we can get in this Brian Bombgardner episode. We hope you guys enjoy it. It's a fun one. I love his take on how he catches people taking.
Speaker 11: Photos of him. Yeah, the old Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Guys will see before we get to a cars dot Com, the leading digital marketplace that connects car shoppers with their perfect Car, celebrating twenty five years of helping shoppers research, find inventory, finance and sell cars. Up to fifty thousand cars are added daily to cars dot com. Shop over two million cars for two million possibilities. Find your next possibility on cars dot com. Where to next and wherever life takes you next and whoever you're looking to be, there's a car on that for cars dot at cars dot com. Enjoy this episode with Brian Bombgardner. For all the Tier ones and everybody's sticking around, listen to this episode. We appreciate you guys, big hugs, tiny cases. Do not forget to leave comments and subscribe everywhere you are, whether you're listening on audio or getting this on YouTube or rumble, make sure you subscribe and following the boys on all platform warms.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Lady Jon and welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. We are with Brian Bombgarter.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be on a bus.
Speaker 7: They look behind you. Life is full of surprises.
Speaker 2: Get you to Nashville to get there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh really, why didn't you bring them? Why didn't Oh it doesn't run?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, it's like a novelty item. It's not a novelty item. Is PXG golf, dude, And that's why you're here today, right.
Speaker 1: Did you like that? It's not that was really by the way, he was really nervous about that pivot there. But yeah, you almost left him hanging. Yeah, p XG Golf, it's not.
Speaker 7: It's not novelty at all in Greenville. JP over here, he's from Greenville.
Speaker 1: You're from Greenville, dude. It's the best Greenville South Carol. Have you guys been to Greenville?
Speaker 7: We have not hear about it once a week.
Speaker 1: I'm truly underrated city in this country. And let me just say this, and to the people of Greenville, I'm saying nice things. Remember that my cousins lived in I'm from Atlanta. My cousins lived in Greenville. Shithole. Oh it was, it was. It was a shithole. And what I mean by that is like, there is nothing memorable and no real desire to go, Like there's no like where We're going to Greenville to visit our cousins and we're going to drive home that same day because there's nothing to do. It is now underrated city in the country. It's really great. What changed they rebuilt downtown. They put in a lot of like good restaurants and bars and people are great. I feel like they got up in Flawd. It's not far from Clemson and Furman, so they kind of brought in a destination I guess for younger people to go and and really good restaurants. Halls. Shout out to Halls is like the best is uh yeah, I'm there six or seven nights for this event. I go to Halls, really six or seven nights.
Speaker 7: It's always great falling in love with a restaurant and establishment where you just feel like when I go here, I have to see this spot, I have to have this meal for me and.
Speaker 2: They know I'm coming, and they know I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you have you been to Scottsi, Arizona? I have have you ever been to a place called Zips Sports Grill?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe I don't know.
Speaker 7: I know you'd remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Zips.
Speaker 7: If I'm on death row and they're like, hey, you have one more meal, my meal is going to be Zips Golden Wings, extra crispy, extra saucy, and then a Monico f Kasha that is to me, like everything as far as my meal, I don't saying that to boaster tell you a little about myself. I'm here to ask you, if you're on death row, what is your what is your go to? What's like the number one thing? Like this is my favorite meal?
Speaker 1: Favorite meal?
Speaker 2: Meal?
Speaker 7: Place you got to go to? Alls might be a good reference point for you to you're dying tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Choose your favorites my favorite restaurant? Well, I will say because I'm kind of stalling because I'm thinking. But I am very very very much like you. Like if I have a spot in a city, I will that's where I go. I feel like I don't know if it's like some weird old timy mobster mentality, like I know where the exit is, I know where the back door is, I know where the bathroom is, Like I don't know what it is. And if I find something good, I'm like trying something new, try something new. That's okay there? Oh oh they have one there where I live. Now I'm not telling you. They just open Steak forty eight. Have you been to? Steak is called Stak forty eight in Scottsdale. Stake forty eight.
Speaker 7: Is it that's a place we went with No, no, no, he's saying stay forty eight the place we want with stake forty.
Speaker 1: Four but no, but but I think it might be the same. Really the Mastro family, is that the steakhouse they do?
Speaker 2: All I know is that place is incredible. Forty four is I don't know about which going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's phenomenal and right now is that would be it for me? Right now?
Speaker 7: So what's the meal? What's the said?
Speaker 2: Stay for appetizer entree?
Speaker 1: Uh? They have well a steak yeah, medium, rare, low hanging.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It depends on how they do it. I think there I go medium, rare, plus we want to be specific, okay, uh yeah, and fantastic, uh chilled. What do you call it? Seafood we'd be yeah, shout.
Speaker 2: We'd be good together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we could eat food together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, big Seafood Tower, guys, Seafood Tower.
Speaker 7: Got to get theo not just the taste, it's also the like presentation of presentation. Yeah, it makes you feel more special. People look they turn their heads when it comes in. You're like, yeah, I know that. Yeah, yeah, gotta have the extra horse radish. Have you ever been to a place called Saint Elmo's.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My memory is also bet where.
Speaker 7: Is it Indianapolis?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, shrimp cocktail?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, Indianapolis when the Super Bowl was there. Actually, yeah, that's the only time I've ever been to.
Speaker 7: Indianapolis has a shrimp cocktail there when we played, Like, anytime you go play Innianapolis, like that is the place you have to go. It'll re raut your whole sign of system.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, and I'm gonna I'm gonna make a transition here about this because this is this what you guys are talking about is what I'm about. What I love is like either food or like products. I was just talking to somebody about this knife store in jacksonwayom because they do something incredibly well. They like you feel like they care. And I'm not just making this transition, but PXG is Honestly that's why I work with them, like I worked with not to mention any names, a couple of the larger, more maybe traditional companies, and it's it's not the same well saying anything, but they yeah, they call it. Bob Parsons from Go Daddy Fame, ex military guy. He started this company because he wanted to build good golf clubs and he had the money to do it. But like, who does that? You Like you would think, Oh, I'm gonna go and I'm gonna find the best clas He's like, no, I loved golf. I'm gonna build this company out of literally nothing, put my name on it, and try to make the best clubs that I can. And uh, it's why I'm here. And it's and it really is applicable to what we've been talking about, Like whether it's a freaking awesome restaurant or some little product or craft or you know something that I love to do, which is golf, that they do it really well. Like that's that's what excites me. Like in life, it's like these places that you're talking about. You think about Indianapolis, you think about Saint Elmo's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you know the details.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the details. And obviously I'm not an I've played nine holes of golf as the most amount of golf I put at one time in my life and happened a month ago. I'm awful.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're going to take me on.
Speaker 7: A journey of y phg their clubs are the best. What makes them the best to you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a story. So I have been doing this, like I don't even celebrity golf, you know, like I a circuit thing, eighteen years, eighteen years. I play in tournaments around the country. We're talking about Greenville, Like that's a like I said, that's a professional event that they invite celebrities to. I They said, you got to try these clubs Black Ops And I was like you again, Military reverence And I was like, okay, they send them to me. I fly to Orlando. I'm on the Golf channel playing golf. On Thursday. I played one practice round with them. I had the best round that I have ever had in a tournament, play on like in a real tournament, like on television tournament, because they just the ball just goes further, like you're just you know, they're just better, like like I've never hit the ball better. And so when they were like, hey, do you want to come to the Super Bowl and talk about them, I was like fuck yeah, like like I like, I like talking about and being associated with companies that actually just do good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, or where'd you finish in that tournament?
Speaker 1: I mean, the next few days weren't as good. But the first day, the first time, first the first day, No, you know, this is I was talking to God? Who is I talking to about this? It might have been might have been Marcus Allen. We were talking about this that that people don't understand, and you guys are going to be the same way. I don't know if anybody plays it golf. You think of golf as like drinking beer and driving around a cart and having fun, which it sto gyas it is stow GY's which it is, but like professional, like this is this tournament four days, you're walking eight miles. There's wind, there's rain, there's like it's it was in Orlando. It was forty degrees when we teed off on the second day. And I live in southern coge I don't it's like Arizona. Like I don't play in the if it rains, I'll wait till tomorrow and play the next twenty days in a row, Like I don't need to play in bad weather. Just the it's it becomes really difficult. That's basically a way of saying it wasn't the club's faulty. I fell apart throughout the turn.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you a monster? On the course, Like, are you pretty competitive?
Speaker 1: It's what the reason I do it is because it gives me that release and competition because I've played sports as a kid, and golf is like there is an equalizer to golf, which you guys would like where through the handicap system, like you can play Tiger Woods, like you can actually compete given that you know how many strokes you get off of the other. Like there's a whole system behind it, so I can play with somebody way worse than me and we can compete like against each other or people that are way better than me. And it's yeah, I love it as long as it's for money.
Speaker 2: You do you have one, I have another one. But I was gonna ask, like being like being an avid golfer and that being one of your big interests in hobbies, like who are some of the coolest guys you've met, like through the golf circuit and add all these celebrity tournaments.
Speaker 1: Well that so, I mean, that's another reason why I'm here is because so many people from from your sport and others that I've gotten to meet. I mean, I was a huge sports fan and you know, at one point, this is a few years ago, I was like, let me check my I think I had like eighteen out of the thirty starting quarterbacks numbers in my phone, which is just golf.
Speaker 5: Like I was.
Speaker 1: That was that we would meet, we would play, we would hang out, and a lot of things about sports. A lot of the sports. And this is again a few years ago. A lot of the sports guys love The Office. They would watch it on the road when it was on and and I'm a big sports so there was this sort of like mutual like I don't know right, well, but.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be sick, like knowing your knowing your young kid like loving sports. Who's your team?
Speaker 1: Well, so I'll tell you this. I was, I'm from Atlanta, and I was, I'm now a Dodgers guy because I love baseball. But John Smoltz, Tom Glavin, Greg Maddox, that three, that trio of Braves pitchers back in the nineties and they're going to World Series and winning. I now play golf with Greg Maddox, Tom Glavin and John Smoltz and like my little self, And when I was talking to John Smoltz actually earlier this week, because the baseball guys, they they go pro so early. He's not that much older than me, but I'm still like in high school a child living at home and looking up to him and now like, yeah, we play golf, so like that like that is that's probably the coolest, like from little Brian like to now like, oh shit, like I can have this experience with these people through golf and you know, obviously here the relationships with with Hall of Fame guys from football, which I is now is probably my top love now is really fun for me.
Speaker 2: Fellas we interrupt this episode to bring you, guys a solution for promoting hair growth. Your boy has been on and now for a few months, and I've got to say, I'm loving how the hair is looking full, luscious and full of life. Nutrifall the number one dermatologists recommended hair growth supplement brand with over one million people seeking thicker, stronger, faster growing hair with less shedding. Nutri Falls hair grow supplements supplements are physician formulated using one hundred percent drug free ingredients no chemicals. Their patented technology provided provides consistent, reliable results without compromising your sex life. While many supplements rely solely on ingredients, studies nutri Falls clinically tested final formulations to ensure there efficacy. In a clitical study, eighty four percent of men showed improvement in their hair after six months of taking nutrifalls Men's hair growth supplements. Take their wellness quiz on neutrifail dot com slash men for a personalized hair health plan based on your specific root causes. Take the first step to visibly thicker, healthier hair. For a limited time, neutri falls offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you go to nutrifail dot com slash men and enter promo code busting. Find out why over forty five hundred healthcare professionals and hairstylists recommend nutrifall for healthier hair. Neutrifall dot com, slash men, that's in utr afo l dot com slash Men and enter promo code busting nutrifall dot com slash Men Promo code busting. Back to the episode. That is awesome?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: If you bring up the celebrity, you bring up the office, is there ever, Like, are you sick of talking about the office, about people talking about the chili, talking about the moments. Yeah, because it was. It was an iconic show, and it's hilarious to show that you can watch and follow the storylines, but it's also a show you can put in the background and just get a giggle once in a while and you feel like tuning out to your real life, right, And so people have so many feelings about it. Yeah, I'm sure it's got to get exhausting.
Speaker 1: Well it's Look, the joke is which I made, I made it a lot. Was the last night I was talking to so I saw Irana Tony Romo, who I know do golf, and his wife who is Chase Crawford's sister, who I know Chase for a long time, and she was talking about, you know, them watching the show and whatever, like late at night and watching it in bed, and so there's like an intimacy. I never knew Chase, I knew Tony. I don't think we had ever met before, but like they are watching me in bed, right, Like they are watching me in bed, like and a lot of people, like the number of people who say, like I put it on before I go to sleep, like people are and so when they run in to me, they feel like they know me, like I've shared these moments. I'm not even being sexual by the way, I'm just literally saying I'm not. That's not where I'm going. But I mean just like, yeah, me and them in bed. I don't know, but there's a team intimacy. The way we always talked about is like, I don't I think that walking through day in Vegas, Tom Cruise probably would not get approached as much as me because Tom Cruise is fifty feet tall on a movie screen and is like like he's there. I don't know why I use Tom Cruise as example, but you know what I'm saying, like that is like a movie star, and I feel like people would be like, oh, there's Tom Cruise with me. It's like let's have a drink, Like what are you doing? So, yeah, it's just different.
Speaker 2: Has anybody got a bad Brian Brian Bonegarner experience, Oh like that for me, just you were in a bad mood or something, you feel like questions feel like thinking back, You're like, oh, they probably they didn't get the real Brian.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look, I would answer this, I would answer it multiple ways. There is a time and because especially we're talking about Vegas sometimes the nights go longer. Here, there is a time everybody's done, right, Like you're just you're done. You're hanging out with your friends and you're just done and you don't git the time for pictures is done. And it's not like I'm trying to be a jerk. It's just like I'm I'm I'm done. I'm just done. And later I'm like, so that person may think that I'm an asshole. I try to always be nice about it, but it's like, you know, I'm not. But the the thing for me is taking pictures of me without.
Speaker 2: Asking, like just staying on the side.
Speaker 1: Zoo animal like I'm I'm at the zoo, I'm the monkey and they're standing back like taking it. It's just so it's just such a weird things are. Yeah, It's like there are plenty of pictures of me on the internet, like if you need to see me, that's right, Like what is like, I don't know that that because that's the one that's the one thing where I'm like I will get a little testy.
Speaker 2: So have you cast put the phone down?
Speaker 7: You figure them over and they just come tail between the legs. Oh yeah, you have somebody run away.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, just like yeah, like what.
Speaker 2: Do you say when you figure them over?
Speaker 1: It depends on the circumstances. Depends on the circumstances. The thing that I have done a lot is the come after. I have seen them like, you know, pretending to take a picture of their pasta at a restaurant, but I can they're clearly taking a picture of me. And then I'll get up to leave the restaurant and they'll say hey, can I have a picture? And then I just well as quickly as I can and say, yeah, if you delete the ones you took of me earlier, But they just.
Speaker 2: Lose the color in their face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean like come on right, yeah, taking a picture without like that isn't that weird?
Speaker 7: No question? And also in a social setting and they're like, hey, took up this photo. I got it, Brian, it's just you like talking to somebody. It's like, Yo, was that exciting? That's what I'm saying. Especially Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think they I think they think that they don't have the balls, and maybe they have a cocktail and they get some more balls and they're like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna ask him now. It's like the other thing that I feel like has has changed through the success of the show or whatever. And I've joked about I feel like, remember the original Terminator, Arnold Schwarz and you know, and he would walk in and like I'd like be able to scan a person is like that is a threat, that is a that is not like you know, I feel like I walk through life that way. I feel like I walked through life like if I walk into a room, yeah, like like just like okay, like they're gonna be trouble, Like they have no idea who I am. They're you know, big fans, but look nice or whatever, like whatever. Yeah, when you.
Speaker 7: When you were scanning the room when you first walked in, how'd you feel about us this one?
Speaker 1: It was kind of dark when I walked in, and the light was in my eyes so I couldn't really see.
Speaker 7: I couldn't really see.
Speaker 1: I was expecting a bus and then it was a hotel room.
Speaker 7: Nothing. That's what we do, man, We throw you off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I like going with the room scanning. Go ahead, hit me with the boys. Who's a threat? Who's not a threat?
Speaker 2: Back there?
Speaker 1: I like Greenville. I'm happy about all right, is not a threat, although now he left.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he's everybody San Diego hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, I would judge that immediately because the.
Speaker 7: Padre is not. Because you said, you live in California. What part of California live in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dodger's guy.
Speaker 2: You like baseball morning football?
Speaker 1: Growing up, I played a lot of baseball, I would say, now, uh, now I follow I follow football. I mean I I've you know, done a bunch of stuff on NFL Network, and like, I love talking about it. I love I love watching it. It's it's it's also it's it is. It is the easiest to be able to see everything and obviously not everything, but you know, baseball it's impossible. I mean, you know, I'm not You're not watching sixteen games every day of the week, but you know the way base the way football spreads it out. You've got one game here, Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm watching a lot of it, but I love it and love talking about it. Who's your team, Packers? You guys are the most spoiled quarterback franchise of all time.
Speaker 7: Huh, Well, it's been a good run.
Speaker 1: It's been nice. It's been a good run.
Speaker 7: Other guys are just other franchise are just scrounging around trying to find their guy, and you guys just happened to fall into one every fifteen years.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, right, I mean they they legitimately should have won two weeks ago. Yes, they legitimately should have eight minutes. Yeah, they legitimately should have won. And it was but it was I think for the first time in a long time. It was also like, you know what they did good, Like there was no like disappoint There was no disappointment I mean obviously in the moment, because it was rough.
Speaker 2: The first half of the year and then they really put.
Speaker 1: On i mean starting starting Thanksgiving, like they just started looking great, defense, started playing a little bit better. But yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 7: It's a thing like expectation and the result, Like the expectation Jordan Love, you don't know what you have yet, ups and downs of the season, and then they make it as far as they did, playing the team that's in the Super Bowl now, being like, hey, that was awesome. I to look forward to kind of like the Lions, like obviously a very big disappointment losing the NFC championship, But you and Detroit, if you're a Detroit fan, You're like, bro, we are going to be good. You have this now feeling in your head like maybe we're the next dynasty, right, and then you and being your fan of a Packers, You're like, dude, we get to go through another opportunity to be contenders every single year for the next however many years until we find the next quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know. I will say this though, and I haven't. I haven't talked about this so much. I think it's very easy to be like it's the same. It's like FARV and it's Rogers, and it's you know, now Love. But I think I think the other part that is surprising and and it kind of feel good. I don't know why that's such a lame way to say it, but I think with FARV they knew what they had. I think with Rogers they knew what they had. And I think legitimately, if they say inside that building now that they that they made this decision to bring in Love because they knew he was ready, that's a lie. I don't think it was the same this time.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I think they can look back and and Guda Kuns can say like, well, you know, I drafted him I knew what he had or whatever. But I for me, that's a little disingenuous because I don't. I think they were very publicly unclear about what they had. But he started playing great. I mean, you can't. You can't argue with that.
Speaker 2: Because you're saying like they knew and they were ready for Rogers to take over. It's just farvo decide to come back, or there'd be drumming. You're kind of just like wait on things to play out. But they were very excited about Aaron Rodgers, whereas with the whole Aaron Leavin and Jordan being I think they know it's kind of like Eric and you know he can do it as long as he can. This would be really good for Jordan, who actually knows what we have. But you gotta be ready for you know, as Aaron left.
Speaker 1: I mean, the other thing is people talking about the Packers and maybe some people jaded people saying like they're lucky or whatever. Guys like resting, sorry, sitting a guy that you drafted for a couple of years, maybe is not a bad fucking idea, Like why they're throwing No disrespect to anybody, but if you're drafting high you're shitty to start with, and so you draft a guy, you bring him in, you're shitty as a team. You can't protect him, you don't have playmakers around him. Now he's getting his balls beat in and his confidence shook. And then you're surprised with three years later that we still don't know about him, or we like he hasn't performed, or you know, he moves to Kansas and retires or whatever. But like having somebody that you're I don't know if you guys agree with me or not, but sitting somebody, I know, you make a huge investment and you want to get better as fast as you can. But man, bringing in a veteran, I mean, Jordan loved you know. Aaron and I know each other really well. And I watched a hell of a lot of Packers games and by the end of the season Green dude. His tone, his rhythm, the way he does fakes, it's it's very Rogers esque. Like if you watch him, now, how did that? How did that throw off the back? How did that happen? He watched him, He sat there and watched him for two or three years.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I love the I love the passion, I love the tangent. There's there's definitely truth to that. I feel like it's so circumstantial because it's a lot of it just depends on the organization. Is the head coach gonna actually get an opportunity, They just going to cover their ass by throwing them out their back. See, it's not us, it's you guys drafting this. Like, there's so much political bullshit that it's circumstantial. But I do agree that it's only going to benefit the player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously it is player dependent, but you're not gonna have a tremendous amount of success if you don't have an offensive line to protect your largest asset and potentially best player. I agree, Yeah, you're they're not gonna be good, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But it's so tough with the NFL because everything's zero patients in the NFL. If you look like the Papers franchise, they're turning over coaches like it's nothing because everybody's so impatient and wants to compete. And if you have, like your largest asset, you draft a quarterback in the first round. That's a lot of money and that's a lot of impatient fans that have more access to you through social media, and you hear the noise so much more to where even though you're this topic zech or you're this owner, and you should have the mental fortitude to withstand that it's so difficult to go and be like, we're gonna sit this guy for a year and let him learn and develop, as opposed to like just throwing them in there. I hear you feel by fire.
Speaker 1: And look, it's if you're if you are the Packers, you have somebody good playing already, yeah, and you're playing it high level, so you know that. I get that. That's a different Were.
Speaker 2: You bummed when your when your boy left Green Bay the golf conversation?
Speaker 1: I uh, look, I think that he was ready to go, and I think it was best for him, which makes it not uh not, it's like sad, I guess, but sad in like a nostalgic way, you know, like that Derek Jeter play, you know, all these years for one franchise type thing. But I think the reality was he needed to go somewhere else, and he's been incredibly happy in New York. And I mean, let's face it, they probably I mean not probably would have been playing here, but they certainly would have had a chance to be playing here today, and he got hurt, and but it sounds like he's energized and ready to come back next year.
Speaker 7: The Aaron Rodgers obviously has been the guy that has been the headlines about the COVID stuff in aahuasca. If you ever wanted to take ayahuasca with.
Speaker 1: Him, I have not taken ayahuasco.
Speaker 7: Would you ever want to?
Speaker 1: I have not taken ayahuasca with him.
Speaker 7: I have not taken away right, fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I have not taken ayahuasco.
Speaker 7: You have not taken it. I have not if if the option came to you to go on a journey.
Speaker 1: I have not taken iahwuasca.
Speaker 7: All right, fair enough, that's a fair question. That was a loaded question. I would take ayahuasca with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Hey, that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The way he answered the Aaron Rodgers question, you're like, oh, he's had that conversation with there, and he's trying to be like he's trying to be do good by his boy right now. But I think he was ready.
Speaker 2: I think you knows get me? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is that a surreal feeling when you're able to meet these these guys are fans of do you, like as a celebrity yourself, do you get that feeling like, oh my god, that's so and.
Speaker 1: So for sure? Oh for sure, Like I yeah, I mean, and you know, it's sort of like because the Office has you know, stayed so popular and you know people are still watching it. It's even just some of the young guys who are starting out in the league. Now, who are you know watched it or currently watching it or whatever. Yeah, I mean it's yeah, it's really fucking I mean that like Aaron or Josh Allen or Mahomes Kelsey. You know, those guys are are all playing and you know, tournaments with me over the year and we're joking around and chatting and yeah, of course that's cool for me.
Speaker 2: All Right, boys, we interrupt this episode to bring you Verizon. We are always relying on our phones to keep us up with the latest news of football, sports, trends, everything, whether you're streaming games, searching live scores across the NFL, or keeping up with the major trads trades. I can always trust my phone to get me there. There is nothing worse than your phone glitching out during the game on the winning driver finding out who's being taken first overall in the NFL draft. That's why you can rely on Verizon's fast, reliable network that lets you stream games and keep up with what's happening in real time. Verizon also has amazing home internet, so you can stay up to speed both on the go and at home. Verizon has you covered on the on the going at home. Plus when you bundle your mobile and home internet, you can save tons of money. Visit Verizon dot com slash barstool to learn more. Back to Brian Baumgarner House, Dude, it's got to be so sick knowing that the part of the Office Dynasty franchise, like getting to look back and back. Man, we were really part of something that is will be battle tested and last a very long time. Like again, newer generations like you come on, oh you have to watch off. You've got to go turn the Office on, and then people start watching it like oh, you're totally right about it, and then it will continue to happen. Yeah, it's got to be so cool to look back and back.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We were part of something special.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, yeah, I mean the crazy thing is is that and part of this is that, you know, streaming is on the newer side. But I mean, it is the only show that I can think of in the history of television that got bigger once we were done. Like when we were on like you know, one Emmy's and you know, we were NBC's biggest show when it was on. So it was a hit. I'm not saying it wasn't. But we were not friends and we were not Seinfeld. We were not even cheers, like, we were not that. And part of it was the way the show was constructed. And I'm really not making a joke, like I spoiler alert, like I don't look like David Schwimmer or you know, our Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Like this was not this is not We weren't on the cover of Vogue and Glamour magazine or whatever the big magazines are. Fuck, we probably couldn't have been on Barstool if there was a magazine. So so we just weren't that. But the fact that people found it and it's just kept growing and growing and growing. And then when they it was around the COVID time when the stats came out and we were all like, I mean, the text, like the group text was like insane because it was like they released the streaming numbers and it was like, not only are we number one, but we'd double number two and that's Friends. And then it goes down from there. I mean just the number of people who found it, Like how huge it got once the show was done. That that's the part that was surprising. I mean I was always very proud. You know, we did ten years, nine seasons, like that doesn't happen a lot. But to be able to do that and feel really good about the show, like that's awesome. But the fact that it's continued to live like it has now is like, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 7: It's crazy when you get to the end of those nine seasons and everything's wrapping up and there's truly going to be an end date. Now, some shows just get canceled. This one actually had to have a full lifetime. Where were you at as far as like were you ready for it to be over or were you like there was more juice in there for you?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a really good question. I think that the collectively and this this kind of sounds like bullshit. It sounds like too too good to be true or something. The reality was people, you know, Correll left Corell was there a long time and he was homing the show, and I think you could you can make an argument that him leaving allowed some other things to happen, but we were going to continue to lose people. So there was a conscious decision like I don't know if you know the show or remember, but like er like are we going to are we gonna er it? Like is Clooney gonna leave? And then Julianna Margaret like are all these characters are gonna leave? And we're just gonna plug in a new cast member.
Speaker 2: And see what you've got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got to you know, a few people who stay, but a lot of people leave or whatever. So so we were like, we had that story that we wanted to tell, and the decision was we all need to be there as many of us as we can be there to kind of finish the story. And then once it's once that the creator's belief was once this this documentary that we're filming for nine years that never comes out, that once it comes out, then the show can never be the same because now these characters who have been just behaving, now they'll be behaving because they've seen themselves on television. By the way, Greg Daniels, who I'm talking about, he's absolute genius because you look at it. You look at reality shows now, not that I watch very many of them, but I know enough to know. You know, there's some Real Housewives or whatever it is, and then season two they behave differently, or they've gotten some plastic surgery or that, because they've now watched themselves on television. They play to the camera a little bit differently because now they see how they come off or they want to come off, so their behavior changes. So his idea was, once these guys, this accountant named Kevin Malone sees himself on television, he's going to act differently after that. So that's why that for him, that was always the end of the show. The show is shown, the world sees it, the characters see it, and it's done.
Speaker 7: When with like a reality TV show and people see themselves the next season they do they're looking themselves differently. Like you're saying, as an actor, obviously you're not supposed to change anything, but from your process of going about it, how difficult was it for you to see season one, take those until notes and then be like, all right, I've got to be the same character with the new developments that these creators have made for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I this may have never happened in the history of the show. That was the second good question. Yeah you went to for two early on you had some rough but that was too.
Speaker 7: Soy aahuasca.
Speaker 1: That I think any show that it makes it. What television uniquely different from film is that there is a development that happens, right even like practical things like you're you know, season three, you get married, like you know, like you have a baby on the you know, your your characters have you know, so so things change. I think behavior starts to change as well. And they're starting they write a different storyline. You think about, like what are they call I'm like like soap opera, like primetime, So you know, it gets the stories get crazier and crazier is like each and everybody's having sex with somebody else. So they were still trying to find I think Kevin Malone early on, and they sort of fell in love with the writers I'm talking about, sort of fell in love with the let's just call a childlike sensibility of him and started to write more to that. And so as an actor, You're like, well, how can I change? So I'll share this with you. I had a nerdy justification. Nerdy justification is there. Kevin Malone has never seen cameras, and cameras are now filming him. But as he becomes more comfortable, this is in the fake the world of the fake documentary. As he becomes more comfortable with the camera people in the South people and maybe goes out to have a beer with them after work, he starts to feel more comfortable, so more of his true personality comes out over time. That was my justification.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 1: That was my personal That was how I justified being able to do stuff. I think for the writers, they just were like, this is this is funnier and fits in best with the other characters that we have. So they started tweaking like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you, you're looking at it as like your craft, Like you're they kind of want to write me this way. How can I kind of develop in my own right of how I can start to act a certain way and get more comfortable. Was there any were there any big friction moments amongst the cast and the writers, like as you guys are in the middle and later seasons.
Speaker 1: No, un that's a good question too. But I mean, I think that the I think that the the biggest thing was, you know, if you're a fan of the show and you followed it, the the the thing that caused the most conversation was the Gem and Pam relationship and the like, you know, because they were doing and it was just, you know, essentially the same thing as like Ross and Rachel. They're like on again, off are they will they won't? They that whole thing and finding about because people became so freaking crazy about that relationship and so finding that balance between maybe there's another woman that Jim is interested in, but you know, let's not disrespect Pam or like make sure that that is still alive because they know they're going to kind of continue with that. That was the biggest discussion point. And I've said before, like nothing shut down production on a day then like we're going to have a big Jim and Pam scene today, and it's like, oh boy, we're going to be here for a long time. Are gonna They're gonna need some time to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for your like character development, when you're like taking those risks and the justification of you're seeing cameras for the first time, you're getting more comfortable. Battery went out again. That's this is the kind of production we're deal with.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 1: I hope you.
Speaker 7: When you're when you're going through that process. What's it like for you to have the writers write something for you and then you taking a risk to try something new and work through the process of like, hey, you envisioned it one way, they envisioned another, and then how do you guys come to that like common ground.
Speaker 1: Well, so the Greg Daniels who I mentioned before, he was from SNL, and so a huge component of the show was kind of an SNL model, which was you know, you know the cast of SNL. As I understand it, you're hired as a actor or you're hired as a writer. But oftentimes the writer is like Tina Fey starts to appears as a character or sorry, it starts acting. It's not just a writer and actors will write skits and pitch stuff and whatever. And Greg believed very much. So, like you know, we're here in this hotel room in Las Vegas right now, like if we were shooting, like if this were if this were a real production, that where the lights didn't go out. We were and we were shooting. Like the writers for this, they might be over at Mandalay Bay, like they're in another building, you know, at NBC Universal or wherever, like in their writers' offices, and they would have some guy come up. We were all there like we were. We had an independent studio, We had two sound stages. The writers were there post product I mean editors were there. So it's like you could if you had a scene off, you could just stroll over to the editing bay and look at stuff and they'd be like, hey, what do you think about this? I'm I've got these two different takes that you did. They just they would ask us, which in real television, like normal television never happens. You never get asked by an editor like hey, which one do you like better? Or like the writer being like, hey, I'm thinking about the storyline for you. What do you think we had in the summ you know, So we would chewt a bunch of episodes. Then before you start the new season, we would go in and talk to the writers. They'd be like, what do you what do you see for your character this season? Or how do you or we're thinking about this What do you think or how do you think that would? Yeah? So, I mean it was total open dialogue and most of the time it's very much you know, I can't think of the word, but it was very much like the writers are in charge in television. The writers are in charge. Stick to the r script and stick to the script.
Speaker 2: Ye all right, fellas, we interrupt this episode to let you in on a little known fact. The chances of getting a perfect bracket is one in one and twenty point two billion for the rest of us. Instead of not watching after our bracket is busted, why not be rewarded for it this March. When you lose you win at David Busters. Throughout the tournament, We're washing away your sorrows with two dollars beers. Terms and conditions apply, and anyone whose bracket has been busted can DM daven Busters with a picture of their bracket across all of their social media handles. In reward, Dave and Busters will be giving away one million chips a free gameplay while supplies last, with the terms and conditions also applying. But hurry. All chips will be given away and must be redeemed at your local Dave and Busters before the tournament ends, come to daven Busters for two dollars beers all tournament long, and DM your busted bracket to daven Busters for free gameplay while supplies. Last terms and conditions apply. Back to the episode, it seems like you guys are all very close, like the chemistry high, especially if you're having conversations like that. Yeah, did it feel like all the cast members, like you guys are basically becoming this little family because you guys spent like all these years together.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. Yeah, and we still, you know, we have our little group text and stuff, and we're still you know, going back and forth. And you know, people not you guys, you would never ask something stupid like this, but like who's your favorite? Like who did you like the most or whatever? And and and I'm answering that dumb question because because I think my answer is which is true. It's like we were so much a family. But like you treat your your your crazy aunt different than your sister, or your parents, different from your grandparents or whatever. So like you know a few of us, John Krazinski and Rain Wilson and myself and Andy Buckley, who played David Wallace and a bunch of the crew. We play fantasy football together. So like all every fall. Still we're like we're now like eighteen or nineteen years in a row. So we're just like shit talking about you know, who's going to perform higher on a given week, you know. And there are other people I travel with, vacation with and do dinner and talk business and so the relationships are just different, but they're all still strong and good.
Speaker 7: You talk about ship talking and fantasy football. If if I'm gonna go on the golf course with you, get a couple of those p X chief clubs and we get after it. Yeah, what kind of expect from you from your process of ship talking?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: You, No one can should talk better than me.
Speaker 7: That's the number one telltale sign of someone who is not great at talking ship. Yeah, well someone noticed someone say I'm the greatest shit talker of all time. My first thought is probably.
Speaker 1: Not, that's a fair point.
Speaker 2: I can see like taking a swing or whatever, and it just as you turn around and think, like day, see that he just come over and give you a little tip myself.
Speaker 7: In the short amount of sample time we've had, I could see us playing and me pushing the envelope envelope a little bit and you're going come overybody, Hey, that's we're not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. If you're if you're shitty, which you admit that you are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't ship talk you. There would be no reason to I would. I would give you, I would give you. The only thing that you might challenge me on is I would give you potentially patronizing encouragement.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the best kind when you're back.
Speaker 1: That was better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, hey you really got a hold of that one. You hit it kills a squirrel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hit it well, Yeah, it would have gone.
Speaker 7: Far if it was straight. Yeah, that was That was a nice deal.
Speaker 2: Right right, right? Do you guys see the office? You guys having like some reunion down the line?
Speaker 1: Probably nice right now? No, good, I don't have any Yeah, I don't have any kills. Yeah, that would be good for you guys if I had an announcement. Yeah, it's super Bowl week. Let me just be honest with you, guys, wear no, we can do. I think the gang will get back together in some form at some time. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Think you have to man. I like, I watch Friends, I see there union and you just think to yourself, I think I was talking to you about it. But you know, we think about playing with our teams in high school. You think about your high school days. You has four years or you grew up with them. You have your college guys, like your group chats that you stay in fantasy leagues and shit like that, and you reminisce on the old days and you realize you're, like, you're with these guys. You have these relationships, and you're with them for you know, four or five years. In the NFL, you have your teams. I always was watching them for five Taylor, my best friend. I was around him for you playing. We played as teammates two years. And you have all these relationships. And I just thought to myself, like, as I was watching the Friends reunion, they're all coming back together, they all want their different ways, are all coming back, and it's just like, man, it's so cool. But also you know, it's like this this full nostalgia they got to spend like you guys got some how many seasons nine ten years, ten years, nine season, like ten years like more than like double college double highs go all day like that's tell each other, right, and so you can only imagine how intertwined everybody is. You vacation, You're just like, man, we had these moments and you know it's obviously only right that at some point in time down the line, like it all comes back together and you're just like, man, we had a hell of a run. Yeah, we had a hell of a run. But I think that is uh. I think it's just really cool. I think especially you get to you got to be a part of something like that, and I feel like that's why you're you and everybody in that cast would be so approachable just out on the street because it was such a relatable gifts, quotes, all of it, man, And it's it's really cool that you got to be a part of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel we really appreciate you coming on then, Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks a chance, Like I want the actual bus Yeah yeah, man, if that would be I would be busting. There's some golf course in Nashville. Now you gotta you play. Yeah, I have played Troubadour. Actually come back play Troubada.
Speaker 7: Put you on the bus.
Speaker 2: I like talk on the course a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, p XG. You guys live in Troubadour, No, No, live in National Chance know what?
Speaker 7: You don't think we'd be allowed in?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Can I say my biggest issue with golf, my biggest problem with it?
Speaker 2: This might be a very important conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go ahead, it's not.
Speaker 7: It's like I like the Troubadours. I like the Discovery Properties where it's I'm more casual.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing that bothers me the most is when I walk into a country club or I'm in I do some sort of event. I'm in a country club and they're like, hey, you could be a member? Do you want to be a member? And I just say, can I dress like this? And like you need the college? Sure, you need to tuck in. Is that there's an attitude about it that that's what bothers me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a I don't disagree with that, but I think it's I think that's selective. I think it's I think there is like there are true just like anything like tradition, like there's a you know, I mean it's like it's been going on over one hundred years or whatever, Like it's there's a tradition based thing. That is, they need to get their head out of their ass. I totally agree with that, but I but I think it's also not like the places where I am are not that way.
Speaker 7: That's why, like an event like waste management is such a fun switch up event. Great for golf. That means great. Oh I can be a part of that. That's fun, awesome, chuk a beer, throw it on the thing, hole in one, everyone was crazy. That is an awesome event. But that's always been my kind of like hang up about golf.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the culture like that. You feel like it's stuffy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels a little stuffy, but it doesn't have to be. And that's what I need to I asked, where I need to do a better job of changing and understanding that because our boys in the back, like g right there with the boys had on big golf guy loves golf. These guys play golf all time. They try to get me in in it, And I always had this like golfist people that have made it type of vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this mad. This may not be.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe you had to make it to be a tribadur, But I mean I think Troubadour is a great example, and there are a lot of other places like that that are like we are. We are not we're doing it our way. We're doing it different and we want it to be fun and an experience. And yeah, I mean that's those are the places that I want to play too. There's one here, you know, it's as exclusive as you could get, but that's the Vibe Shadow Creek here in Las Vegas. I mean, it's it is. It is so fun and they make it fun. And yeah, you've got to find places like.
Speaker 2: To get you those courses, man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt the next time you're in Nashville at a tributeor.
Speaker 1: All right, perfect, thanks for coming on the show. Cheer is awesome making
Speaker 12: Yeah,