Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Gabe is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Harper. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Gabe, how long has it been since you heard from.
Speaker 3: Harper's been like a week. And I think I know why I was ghosted. Oh really?
Speaker 4: Oh sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, tell us about the date first, and then tell us why you think you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 4: I mean, for well, first of all, it was late to the date, so right there. Oh yeah, it was like thirty minutes late, and I know that's bad. But so I was helping my neighbor move a couch and the whole morning just slipped away, like I just lost a sense of my sense of time. But I texted her. I told her what was going on, and I apologized. And when I ran to get there, like as soon as I realized what the.
Speaker 3: Time was, So okay, did she wait for you? Yeah? She waited, which I did not expect.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I would have done that half hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But okay, so you're trying to make up for being late, and she waited for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she waited and she stayed and we had uh so the day was we had we had coffee, this cute little spot, and then after that she says, you wanted to hit up this ping.
Speaker 3: Pong bar nearby?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's so into ping pong, Like I didn't even know that was a thing. I think I had never heard of ping pong bar. Like, she lit up when we got there. We played a few games and we got some prize, and honestly, I thought we were vibing, like she was laughing.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 4: She was so cute, she was trash talking.
Speaker 3: It was really really cute.
Speaker 4: She was cool. She's really cool, And I was trying to redeem myself for being late, you know, like trying to make up for it, right, I thought I did. I don't know, though, because now she's not answer me, and I can't stop thinking about her, because it's like it's rare that I meet someone like her, Like she has this great energy, she's smart. She didn't make me feel like I had to be anything. I'm not, like I was just who I was, which is so comfortable as.
Speaker 3: Being late the reason you think you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did I just blow it beyond repair? Or maybe she's just busy, Like I don't like, I was helping my friend and I just lost track of time. That's kind of careless. But I felt like I explained it all well.
Speaker 6: So then what else happened? So you guys played ping pong? Like, did you guys kiss? Did you guys decide that you're going to have another date?
Speaker 4: No, was sort of just like talk to you soon?
Speaker 2: Like did it end like you thought maybe she was like upset or didn't really have a good time.
Speaker 4: No, I don't. I didn't think she was upset. Like if she did, it wasn't into me.
Speaker 3: Why or did we go to the ping.
Speaker 4: Pong bar and like we hung out there for a while.
Speaker 6: I mean, unless you just used her to take her to a ping pong bar. She really likes ping pong. Hey, this guy doesn't know how to be on time, but I'm gonna get some ping pong out of it.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I didn't say that, though I don't know. I just do not like even if I don't know, it's been maybe she's busy, but that's also why I'm calling you, guys, like, I just want to know because it's it's the hard part about being ghosted is but not knowing totally.
Speaker 6: But did you reach out to her then, so like this is an obvious ghosting? Or was the last time you talked to her on the date?
Speaker 4: That's the last time I talked to her was on the date. Okay, it's been over a week, just over and the last time I texted was yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, play a song, come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you.
Speaker 3: And maybe get you a second date. Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first date follow up, And if you're just joining us, Gabe is on the phone and we're about to call Harper who's ghosting him, and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, hey, why don't you refresh our memory in your situation real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes, I went out on a day with this awesome person.
Speaker 4: She's super cool, she's super sweet. I thought we vibed, but I was late to the date like half an hour, and I felt bad about that, and I felt like I tried to make up for it, but we hung out for a while and now she won't answer my text, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on. Okay, were you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, man speaking to Harper? Please?
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: This is Harper. Hey, Harper, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewbill Show. Hi, Harper. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victorian and my name is Jubal. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm confused. Good.
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened to The Jubel Show before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh cool? And I'm like, I don't know what you could be calling me for.
Speaker 2: Well, we do a segment on the show called the First Date follow Up, where if you go out with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us.
Speaker 3: Familiar with that, I've heard it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, So is there anybody you can think of that would email us about you?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately? Yeah? What's their name? Gabe?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes it is, Yeah, Gabe emailed us told us a little bit about your date. And says that he's very confused. He liked you a lot. I thought you guys had a great time. Would you mind telling us why you're ghosting him?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I ghosted him, like I don't want to be rude, but like, honestly, I didn't know what else to do, like this, the whole situation just seemed really scammy scare me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean okay.
Speaker 1: So first he showed up thirty minutes late, which like rude, but I can deal with it.
Speaker 3: I get it. I run late sometimes too, and like if.
Speaker 4: The vibes are there, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: And so we were hanging out, and then we decided to go play ping pong and then we get there, Oh my goodness, surprise, he lost his wallet trying to get to this day. I get.
Speaker 3: I don't mind paying.
Speaker 7: I just just be upfront about it, be like I you know it.
Speaker 1: Don't like make it like I lost it, like oh I you know, like I'm was running late. I left it behind and it mean too, or like just be like can you pay?
Speaker 3: You know, don't make a think about it.
Speaker 1: And so fine, whatever, I paid for everything because you have any money on him, which is not the deal breaker.
Speaker 3: The deal breaker wise, I mean it could be, but yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, there's more. On the way out, we're like saying goodbye, and then he's like, oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I don't how many groceries at home?
Speaker 7: Can you? Can you be one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: What dollars for groceries?
Speaker 1: And he was like, I gotta feed myself and my cat. I didn't even know that he had a cat. First off, didn't mention the cat the entire time we were together, but also like, what what can I use from a grocery store?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, did you give him the money? Who asks for that?
Speaker 1: I didn't give him one hundred dollars, I'm not stupid. But I also was like I need to get out of the situation, and like he's not gonna let up. So I was like, I don't have one hundred dollars, but like I have fifty.
Speaker 3: You gave him fifty.
Speaker 7: I had to get away.
Speaker 3: I had to get away.
Speaker 4: Okay, what you guys do?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: On the way home, like I just kept from playing everything, I was like, are you serious?
Speaker 3: He's wait, he doesn't have his wallet.
Speaker 1: He asks for money, Like now I'm an ATM for a stranger in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've been used a lot for money in relationships. Yeah, and I've never had anybody just ask for it on the first date. It's a long game, you know.
Speaker 3: Then you realize, oh, they're just they're just here. Something gets to help my cat. You can't get the groceries. I'm like, no, wow, okay, well thank you for telling us. I'm sorry. And I don't know if you forgot or not. But Gabe is on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh I would love to hear what he has to say.
Speaker 4: A Harper I okay, so that all sounds bad, Like no, Harber, No, I'm sorry, Okay, no, don't harper me. Like, come on, I just told Harbor. I told you I'd pay you back with interest. I was just I was like in a pinch, and you were like this angel who shows up at the right time. An angel?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: What a like what a beautiful, like literally sparkly way to say manipulation?
Speaker 4: Come on, No, I just needed help. I even borrowed money from my neighbor after that. I swear it was not a setup.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the thing, Like you could have gone home and gotten your wallet. You could have gone like you could have used apple Hay, like there were other options that you could have done other than asking a woman that you literally just met, were money, Like come on, wow.
Speaker 4: Harbor, I guess I just didn't realize you're so materialistic, care so much about money.
Speaker 1: I don't care about money, but I care about like I don't respect and like basic human decency, like I know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Understand why that's so hard.
Speaker 4: Doctor said, I would pay you back.
Speaker 3: Isn't that decent?
Speaker 1: I don't need you to pay me back. Actually, you can keep the money.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure, Harper, would you like another day with Gabe? We will pay for it.
Speaker 1: You get no, no, no, save your money, Save your money. You can keep the fifty dollars. It's a donation to the chaos that you have going on.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we'll find my Harper.
Speaker 1: To get out of having to deal with that again.
Speaker 7: So it's wine, it's money. Well off, all right, Well find Harper. I was going to pay you back to Chicky Bucks, but you gave me. But good luck finding you're mister rich man or whatever you're looking for.
Speaker 4: OA like a bank account person.
Speaker 3: Thank you. People that have money in it yeah. Yeah. Jubile's First Date follow up