Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Master psychic author speaker Barbara Jean Lindsay experienced an NDE in nineteen eighty nine that awakened her psychic ability. She teaches people on how to access their own innate psychic ability in order to help navigate the earthplane and make correct decisions. A couple of her books include Dying for the Light, Ambassador for the Light, and her website is linked up at Coast tocoastam dot com. Barbara, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for having me. George.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to this. We're going to have fun for the next couple hours and you're going to do some readings next hour.
Speaker 3: I hear right, Yeah, I'm excited about doing that. Super my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. Tell us a little bit about you before the near death experience, which I want to get into in a big way.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I was like your normal average Merrick girl homecoming queen, had the two point five kids and lived in Sacramento, California. I had an art gallery and real active in the local community and looking for something though a little bit more. It wasn't enough. I had everything, had all the stuff, had all the vacations, the cars, the house. But I just was looking for something more. There had to be something more than that, and I just started exploring psychic phenomena. I met a girl who had disability, and she gave me a free psychic reading, and it just changed my life, and I started to learn about it. So I was going to school and learning about it. When I had the ND, I wanted to know everything about spiritual everything by five o'clock through and so I kind of got that when I had the MD and when to Acoma and had a whole different experience there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened nineteen eighty nine? Tell us about it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, it was kind of a wild day. When I got up, got the kids ready for school, I was feeling a little bit weird. I went to the psychic school. They said my energy was way off the scale and they kicked me out of the school.
Speaker 2: And they kicked you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't help me. And I thought if anyone could help me, they could, because I figured they had seen everything at that point, but they at a school, you want to keep it neutral energy, and my energy was out of control and it was playing with the energies at the school, so they asked me to leave, and so that kind of scared me even more because I felt like there was something going on. I was a little bit out of time, out of sync, and I wasn't sure what it was. And so that night I went to a women's healing center to see if they could do some hands on healing to help me, because I just knew that I just needed some extra kind of help because I had never been in the state before, And so I walked into the women's healing center in the middle of winter in December fourth and as I started to walk into the building, a lady came in said, hey, she was told that someone would need an inhaler and she thought it was me, and so she handed it to me. And I walked into the building and I couldn't breathe, and I felt like ten thousand knives going into my chest and the pain was so excuciating that I popped out of my body. And when I popped out of my body, my body slumped to the floor and I don't have memory of it, but they put me back up in the chair and I pull body channeled the being from Egypt in a male voice that said, I'm here to kill Barbara because she has information that can't be given at this time. And it scared everybody, and then it ended up being actually clapped my lungs and I flatlined and was taken to the emergency care there. Just happened to be a cardio specialist there that evening who saw me come in and helped save my life. Yeah, I was pretty pretty wild, and my oxygen levels were just at the brink up death, and I had was given last rites and my family were told that if I did come back, I would never be the same, and I didn't know how bad it would be, and to prepare for the worst. And so while my body's going to for all these changes and fighting for its life with Western medicine and prayer from from the people that were in the school at the time, I popped out of the body and went to a beautiful, beautiful place where there was absolutely no pain at all, and I had no recollection of my body at all, and I was fully present in this undulating, warm vastness of water and love. And in this loving, beautiful, immaculate waters and all this love there, I had never experienced love that much in my whole life. And I'm kind of a loving and nurturing, happy kind of person anyway, But in this love, I it was beyond my idea of what love was. And I was a mom with three kids, you know, and really loved people, love life, positive person, but this was beyond the love that I've never had experience before ever. And as I'm in this undulating, love, beautiful space, I look down and I noticed I don't have a body. And when I and so I didn't have a body, but yet I still existed. It just blew my mind and my consciousness expanded.
Speaker 2: So it's been thirty four years since that near death experience. Have you had any medical issues since then like that?
Speaker 3: I haven't had any other ntes at all. I still have asthma, and I thought that wasn't fair, because you go through something like that and you come back and I still have asthma, but I'm still controlled. But I haven't had any kind of no lasting, permanent damage at all. A total miracle, according to my hospital records.
Speaker 2: Were you puzzled by the experience. When you came back, were you curious? What did you do? I?
Speaker 3: Well, what happened is when I came back, I was different. I was different in a lot of ways, mainly that I could all my psychic abilities turned on like one hundred percent. So someone would come into the hospital room right and I could read them. I could see their pain or their suffering, or where they were happy or where their joy was. And that was new to me, and it was out of control. I didn't know how to control it at all. It was just this new part of me, this new expanded aspect of myself that I never knew was there before. And I'm mde had turned that on for me.
Speaker 2: Did you have any assistance from the other side, any helpers?
Speaker 3: I did, and I did learn that I was never alone when I went through to the other side, I was never alone. I met a guardian there and he telepathsed to me, and all this was new to me. George, Okay, I didn't know any of this. I was just minding my own business, having a pretty good life, and this just totally came in from nowhere and changed everything. And so when I was on the other side, there was a large being with about eight quot tall, with square shoulders, a big white hood, a beautiful sense of presence, a male presence. I never saw his face, but he said I could call him the Guardian, and so I did. And so his job, he said, was for me to communicate with some people that I would be introduced to. And so during my time, I was in a coma for about three days. And during that time I have full memory of it like it was yesterday. And they took me to different places and I had different experiences. And then when it was time for me to come back, I didn't want to come back. I was having such an amazing time and I was so fully present there. It's not like a dream. It's not like a movie, it's not like as I was one hundred percent present having that experience, and it was really beautiful. And when it was time for me to go, I just didn't want to. I didn't want to invent.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Though that's what they said, that's what brought me back. They said, what, Barbara, you have three kids, And I said, oh, my gosh, that's but I do. And I go, yes, I want to go back right now. And so then the next thing, I saw my body laying down in a bed in the hospital with my friend next to it, and I said, who is that? I didn't even recognize my body, But when I looked at it and I did finally recognize it, I just went, oh, my gosh, that's me down there. And I said, oh, do a little bit putty, but not too bad. I did, And so then I was ready to go back in the body, and that's when the guardian said, before you do, we would like to give you a gift. And so they gave me the gift of white light, and I was kind of upset about it. I threw a little sit like a ten year old, and I said, well, after going through everything I went through, that's all you're going to give me its white light. Everybody knows about white light. And they thought that was really funny. And so then they I started to go back down into the body and they go, wait just a moment, and then they kind of pulled me back up again, and the guardian said to me, we would like to make you ambassador, an ambassador, and I said, okay, I'll be an ambassador. Is that At the time, I owned an art gallery so I said, well, maybe I'm an ambassador of art. And then I'm thinking, as I'm going down into my body, well maybe I'm an ambassador of love. Maybe I'm an ambassador of beauty, you know, And I'm thinking that, And as I go down into my body, I really go into every aspect of my body with the white light, every little morsel of me into one totally filled up. And then the next thing, I remember sitting up in the hospital room with all the stuff in my mouth and I pull it out and I said, I'm starving. I want nachos.
Speaker 2: You want nachos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I said, and and I was, And it was like I had felt like I had just gotten up from a nap instead of in a command fighting for my life.
Speaker 2: Now, the psychic abilities, when did they really start kicking in?
Speaker 3: Right right from that moment you could tell?
Speaker 2: And how did you know you had them? What did you what did you start doing?
Speaker 3: Well? I just when people would come in, like my friend, you know, Cindy, when she came and talked to me, I knew something was going on with her and she wasn't hiding it. And I said, there's something going on, and she said you're right. I didn't want to bother you because you're going through so much. And then the nurse would come in and and she was flup up my pillow and she would tell me everything's going to be okay. But I could tell, you know, something's going on with her. And and so then within about a couple of days, I'd say about three days, my hospital room became the place where everybody came. It became kind of a social hang out. All the interns would come, and even the doctors would come, and they would hang out in my room and I would give them readings, I would talk to them and help them. And I think at that point I was still more coming from the other side than here, do you know what I mean? Because when you go to the other side, it's very high vibration and all the love and the beauty that's fair, and then when you bring that back, it's pretty dense here. And I know that going into my body, my body felt really dense because as a being, I felt a very light, a lightness of being.
Speaker 2: Would you recommend that everybody get a near death experience or would you shy away from that?
Speaker 3: Again, I think I would shy away from it in a way. I'm hoping that all of us, there's been so many that I've had them, so that we can tell our story so you don't have to go through it. The physical part of it was so excruciating, and I had three children, right, three natural children, sure being born and so but to go through what I went through with the collapsing of my lungs, I wouldn't wish that on anybody ever, you know. But I think for us that have had this experience, I think we have to tell our story as part of our own healing and our own journey, but hopefully it helps other people as well so they can learn from it.
Speaker 2: Your kids are in their late thirties forties right now. What do they think of this experience?
Speaker 3: They're glad it's done. At the time, they just wanted they were teenagers, you know, and so I'm like, my son's stippy something now, but at the time they just kind of wanted a normal mom. And I tried to be normal, I really did, but I didn't quite fit in because we would go to like this that time, we would go to seventy eleven and get a slurpie and my son would have a skateboard and the guy at the counter would would look at me and he goes and he would start to cry. And so and that happened a lot. Why the first year, I think just just seeing me, they would just cry. They would feel it and it was out of control. No, not at all, not at all. It just those And if it happens with other inty ears too, I don't think I'm the only one. But it's where people feel you, you know, they feel your heart, they feel your presence, and and they just start telling you stuff and so then you just you know, you listen. Sometimes people just need to be listened to, right, and that helps them a lot and so so so my kids would want a normal mom. But now that they're older and they've been through this whole process with me, they're they're okay with it, and they they get who I am and they're actually proud of who I am. And so, but I think I had to learn to be proud of myself first. Right, you go through a traumatic experience, and at the first I just wanted it to go away, and then I wanted to turn it down, and then I wanted to try and blend, and so I tried all these ways of trying to not have it.
Speaker 2: Describe describe Brabara, what the other side is like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, when you're there on this other side, the colors are beautiful, it's like technic color. And there's different plants. I saw different plants, different uh, different places I had never seen there. They're like, uh, they're very crystal clear, uh and very very uh there. But when you walk walk through it and into it, it's almost like it's being created for you in that moment. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's kind of what it felt like. And I met different guardians and I met a council. I was taken across these forced for miles of just forced, seeing the force without building heaven. I felt like I was in heaven. I really did. And I was raised a sudden Baptist on my mom's side Jehovah witness on my dad's side, really Lutheran, and then married to a Catholic at the time, I had been a Catholic for thirteen years. But I was also curious and my mind was open two different things too. I was exploring, you know, seeking, But when I was on the other side, I can tell you it is so extraordinary and beautiful. And for me, I had the most loving, kind gentle beings that I met, and they taught me lessons. The first lesson I was taught was they showed me in a portal, like a portal, an image of a hologram of our mother Earth. And at the time, I was an organic gardener, and I thought I had a relationship with the earth, but I had no idea. And so they brought in the earth and I could see that the earth actually had a heartbeat. And later I worked with a Native American First Nation chief, and so at that time it was like the beat of the Native truma, and it was this beat where with the earth and with my heart became one.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to Coast a m dot com for more