Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: UFC three fourteen is headed the South Beach. It won't be all blitz and glamorur, but stars will be out. Don't miss any of the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the UFC. It promised to be another banger Knights of fights, especially the featherweight main event between two evenly matched fighters first time. Just picking something simple like a fighter to win and make your pick. It's that simple. And if you're new to Draft Kings, listen up. New customers bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly step into the octagon with Draft Kings sports Book. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook out now and use code money Moves. That's code money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler, or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot neat in New York call eight seven an eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants you to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one charity A really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and entered to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund, or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial Envirovor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Head coach Mike Malone and the general manager, Calvin Booths, was terminated. Ed Fear reported that the tension had been brewing between Booth and Malone for quite some time, so so much source that the source described it as a cold war. Denver had lost fourth straight and was just eleven and thirteen. Since the All Star Break, players such as Yoke have displayed frustration on the sideline, vibes have been low, according to a source. There's another report that said Westbrook's minutes were a part of the riff. Is reported that Booth was questioning, bro, why are you playing Westbrook when you should be played? I forget the younger guy's name.
Speaker 3: That beast Picket. Yep, yep, yep. That's it.
Speaker 1: And so you look at yo, he's given you forty five, thirteen and ten and they lost all three. He gave you a sixty point triple double, a forty point triple double, and he was gonna assist short of a triple double on the thirty eight point game. So he gave you forty five, thirteen and ten over three games, man.
Speaker 3: And they lost all three. Yeas, my thing is this, it goes back to what we were talking about Dallas. Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is a problem that was just been brewing this year. I think the problem was lost after they won the championship and they didn't pay Bruce Brown.
Speaker 3: Right, you lose, you lose. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say a defensive I wouldn't say he was a hard and soul, but you lose a little grit, right Yeah, if things get hard, you need a little bit more grit.
Speaker 3: Okay. Cool.
Speaker 1: They was able to sustain that, right. Then the following year they came up short. They lost to Minnesota, and actually the year before, Bruce Brown had a stellar US. He got paid off that Minnesota series. Then coming in free agency. You lose Caldwell, Pope, right, you talk about now you're the lost and as a team you need the locker room. The locker room is the most important, right, The culture is the most important. And the ability to win games and the real games is not based on the star players. It's basically on the culture of your team.
Speaker 3: That's what the role. So you lose these two guys, right, you.
Speaker 1: Try to fill a void with Chris Brown, You try to fill a boyd with Watson, and you try with these young guys. Pick it right, and then you want to go get Russ Right, you're surprised it doesn't work now and now you have to point blame at somebody. You're talking about they beat us three to one in the bubble. We were supposed to play the UK. You know that team we had, We were supposed to be the one out Bakers yep, y'all had to beat us three one. So I'm able to see this this team up close and personal. I'm able to see this coach up closer personal, right, Elie coach. I honestly think he overachieved in Denver, over achieved and to be able to come down and implement your system, right, have a two time MVP that's selfless. Usually the m VP's like, no, give me the rock. I'm shooting a faded away. How I'm doing this? I'm talking about selfless MVP, right, And you don't make the moves you're suposed to making free agency and you wanted to write your team it's not the same team.
Speaker 3: They baffles me. It actually baffles me. Pat.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, did you hear what James Harden said the reason why they're having success? He says, well, he said person He said, he said personnel. There are the only two guys that's not there. And I don't know what he would trying. What was he trying to say? Because he said the only thing is personnel, I don't need to say anything.
Speaker 1: The thing was like everyone knows their roles, right and as a and as a player, who's you know?
Speaker 3: I didn't have a cup of tea.
Speaker 1: I spent twelve thirteen years in the NBA, right, So like knowing your role and for me to be, you know, the ultimate role player, right? Knowing your role helps everybody else out around out, don't right? Not only do you know your role now you can thrive in your role? Correct, Okay, cool, I know.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: My role on this team is some things rebound and if I get it, you know, I get it in the corner, I'm gonna shoot it.
Speaker 3: That's my role.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stay in my role. Now I'm gonna thrive in my role. Right, He had guys over there, obviously, the Paul George, you can name the Paul George, Russell Westbrook, the PJ Tucker. Remember PJ Tucker was boneshil and all so up. Yeah, they went through that whole for Tobacco with Tyloo.
Speaker 3: They were all in there. They were forget those guys.
Speaker 1: Also, all that makes the third again talked about it's hard to win games like that. Man, you got so much, you got so much bad going around. You can't basketball how because you got James hard. Look, it seems to be like James Harden. Kawhi is back, healthy, Kawhi's back healthy, Box is playing unbelievable. I still magic, my guy. I love magic, magic without his mind for traving Mike Muscala for bots.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine Box with Lebron and Luca.
Speaker 1: Or with a D and Broun because now now Luca, now a D could.
Speaker 3: Have slid to the four like he wanted to play. Leave Zube at the five.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what that would I don't even want let's let's let's not know.
Speaker 1: I was there when we traded for Big Zoo. I was there and Man probably getting his big center there.
Speaker 3: I mean, what are you from, man? Somebody from man? He from overseas?
Speaker 1: Pat man, I break a man, Big Sue Man had a box haircut. Yeah, I got him right on. Hey, man, put some swag on you, ma'am. Yeah, I'm bugging your shirt. It can chest south.
Speaker 3: I got Zue right top, top four center in the NBA right now.
Speaker 2: He played like it. I mean he's had a thirty twenty game or twenty twenty game. Zube is playing and guess what he can get his points. And you don't run that one play for it, not one. They don't say, Zude, go down there? What hand you want when you want to left? Get on the right block. I'm gonna throw it here. Go down to the left. I'm gonna throw it there. All he does, hey, James Harden layoff? Oh he get it off the rim, put it back. I'm not running anything for him. So now I get James Harden do what you do, Kawhi, do what you do. Like you said, know your role, oh cho new every game, I'm number one receiver. I'm gonna get my catches. I'm gonna get my ten targets. Now, Oh jo, ain't got a fake.
Speaker 3: I I ain't. Oh hold on, I ain't got but one target.
Speaker 2: Okay, the next three quarters, I'm gonna get at least three a quarter, maybe four. So when you know your role, like you said, Pat, when you know your role, you can thrive. And the simpler you keep it, you don't have to think. I can just let my athletic ability take over. I take my athletic ability over anybody this play I'm playing.
Speaker 3: And that's what anything right, that's what life right.
Speaker 1: And the minutes you start to merge to the left lane, you know that ain't your lanes stuff styll yoused to start to hit that little gravel, no standing, young man. You try to merge in the right lane, you hit that horn. No man, somebody behind you, real quick, stay lane, staying your lane.
Speaker 3: Good things happen, Good things happen. All right, Pat, this is how I'm gonna need your experts on.
Speaker 2: Tell him this one, y'all threw a grenade at the crowd the other night. You know, he he can't, he can't. He can't do that anymore. He can't do it. If you was in the locker room with y'all, what what what what would you what would you sit down to talk to the young brother.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't try to write because I was in the locker room and Anthony edwens too, right, So my my job in the locker room is, man, Look, I ain't here trying to be your daddy, but I'm gonna try to be a brother.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: You know, these folks on you right, you hot right now? You just got out, he just got out. Yeah, you gotta check in everything off the theay, off that corner. Them folks, they're looking for you. Yeah, calm down, tread lightly, just do that for about six months.
Speaker 3: Them folks go give your head.
Speaker 1: Thing you want.
Speaker 3: You can keep it moving.
Speaker 2: Not him, I mean, And a lot of times fasts we hear people that's not in that position. Let that man be him, let that man live his life. Well that's why you're not in that position. Because I don't care what anybody says. There are certain things that you have to do, no matter who you are or how much how big you are.
Speaker 3: It is all but my thing is I hope it's not. I hope it's not gonna be a lingering thing. That's my thing. I hope it don't get to a point where we told you so. Fact, they did it.
Speaker 1: They did it to thousands, right, they did it to Alan Iverson. You're talking about a trend setter. You're talking about somebody who literally changed the game right out of that, not because of no no girls or no a I wasn't even doing that. They got a mind of that because I practice, do you practice? They made a thing, a big thing and got him out of that. So that's my fear and everything, Right, you don't want to get to a point where you're such a big distraction that it's a negative kind of tutor that comes to you and around that organization, you know, So you just don't want you, especially his age, and especially what's going around now, right right, especially.
Speaker 3: What's going around now, especially what's going around.
Speaker 1: In Memphis in these inner cities who need who need that face, they need job, right because he's their coaching, right, So if he can like turn that light right and just turn it the other way right. And I ain't telling you to go out there and pray to the gods and do all that. I'm telling you to be yourself, be a basketball player, be swaggy, do your dad, my son, do the gritted so they taking some type of positive from it. My thing is that's just use that big old light, that big old platform.
Speaker 3: You got job, and that's just use it in another way. That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you a question, how surprised would you be if Memphis moved y'all in the That's the next I mean, that's that's I wouldn't say that's gonna happen now, but that's usually the next steps. You see a coach leeve right, anytime if we're in the locker room, we see a coach get fired with my players get to look the linet, nobody next man, then it becomes player Listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you why I have my sources in the NBA.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna disclose those sources because they probably wouldn't tell me anything else at this point.
Speaker 3: And Pat and you know I could.
Speaker 5: Tell you know I can see y'all coming down here, coming down here to Miami.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna tell you who told me, and I'm not telling you. I'm not telling you what I heard. I'm telling you what I know. So if it does happen to have happened, you know later on in the future, you just know you heard it from me first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not I don't know if y'all got anything that they won't y'all gonna trade them. Bam, y'all gonna trade them Tyler Hero because that's the only pieces that y'all got. They're not gonna give you your best player. You gotta give them something comparable.
Speaker 3: When we're we're across that dridge when we get there. But I'm just I'm just telling you what I know. That's it. Because the report how.
Speaker 2: Nico Harris, Harris Harrison, Harris Harris Harrison, he reached out to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: And man, is he face absolutely not? He reached he reached out to Milwaukee, is y'all? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But at that point in time, he was like, hold on, we're probably doing too much calling around this go.
Speaker 3: So now, so dowpad Ben, we got a hone in.
Speaker 2: Okay, our next our next move gotta be our best move.
Speaker 3: Hey uh, he called l A.
Speaker 6: Rob.
Speaker 3: Hey man, how you doing? Yeah, man, I'm good. What you think? Well, you think we can get the Davids off you for a loop?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: The language was different. The language had to be like this. He uh ring ring ring, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey, hey, Pat, what's going on? I'm good? Check it out.
Speaker 1: I got something for you. I'm about to give you a ferrari. You give me back a bag of potatoes?
Speaker 3: Yes, matter of fact you could. Matter of fact, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go liu to you a bag of potato with the hole in the bottom because you're giving me damaged goods.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: At least you could have said you're giving me damaged goods. Man, I got my goods. I couldn't even eat my goods. I can't play my goods. I can't cook my goods. My goods aren't available, right, dang damn. But I see you in l A you driving ferrari, aren't you? You're doing me like this? Dawn? Yeah, and now the ain't looking at me crazy time about five me?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we ain't gonna do that. Nah, we ain't gonna do that, not here, not here, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But you know what in order, because here's the thing, there are certain people you don't even call and ask about. You're not even calling Boston asking about Jason Tatum. You're not even there's certain you not I mean free. There are certain people you won't even call. So the meyre of fact, Rob prot said, hold on, you would really consider trying Luca.
Speaker 3: Come cause Rob is taking.
Speaker 2: Like hold on, you not called you not calling Golden State about no Steff, You not calling OK.
Speaker 5: See about you as the phone.
Speaker 2: You not even you not calling them about yoga. There's something you didn't even pick up the phone to call. There's some things like we were growing up, you wouldn't ask.
Speaker 3: Your mom, dadd or grandma. I wouldn't even bother Already.
Speaker 5: Every time listen you get you getting ready to go in the store with your mama. Matter of fact, she tells you before you even get out of the car.
Speaker 3: When we get in here, don't you ask for nothing? You're asking nothing.
Speaker 2: Don't ask for nothing. And you better not push that bugget up on my damn heels either, for real.
Speaker 1: I mean that that's you don't hey, hey, oh Joe, you know we pushing the and all of a sudden, I.
Speaker 3: Did not tell you you hit that. You hit that? Lord, calve that Achilles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, matter fact, hold on, my grandma, listen, I'll never forget you know about zays heard the zas before. Oh yeah, Pat, I done ran into my grandma, into a kid's not paying attention, pushing the buggy, and she just stopped abruptly in front of me, And I had no idea, ran into the back of her and she ain't even look back at me.
Speaker 3: She just.
Speaker 5: Cool swim without even looking back. Because you knew exactly what after that? All right, right upside the head, boy, that's memories right there.
Speaker 3: Brock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't ask for nothing, like, don't ask for nothing? Were going here him, so on, so on? Hey, how did he look't get your I didn't get your feelings on this because you know you you you you you. The way you handled this was very very very perfect. The h you had two friends kind of get into it a little bit.
Speaker 3: How that feel who that lebron is? And I know that puts you on a little pickling man, I know that puts you on a pickle. Bad bad look here stephen A and stephen A.
Speaker 2: Lebron felt that stephen A crossed the line because he questioned him as a father. You're not questioning Brownie's skills. You're not questioning my skills. You're questioned and saying I'm doing damage to my son by having him play bro He's the fifty fifth player.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's only there's only six.
Speaker 2: You play a selected They make it seem like they took Bronnie at the lottery. And if I'm not in plus, you have to understand the man had a major medical issue. Give him some time to recover from that. Now if in three years he's still mailing around, okay, it is what it is. Maybe he's a career g leaguer, maybe he's a serviceable role player. But for me, once it tells me a lot for Lebron to do what he did, because Lebron has swallowed a lot of stuff for twenty two years. For him to approach him at a public setting during the timeout of a basketball game, lets you know just how upset he was.
Speaker 3: He said what he said, steven A said he understood. Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem that I had with steven and and I told Steven A this bro. You should have left that alone once you say you understood it. But when you went made the rounds and you said what you said on gils Arena and you went the other platform and then like you added yes to the story, that's where That's why I was out on it. I mean, Steven and my guy, we talk about a lot of stuff, not just you know he first take stuff. We talk about a lot of stuff. And you know he's helped me, gave me, giving me some good advice. And I like to think I've given him something. I just wish whatever happened that Friday night or whatever it was, that we made a.
Speaker 1: Good case on our on our part, we made a good case. People should be judged case scenario.
Speaker 7: Right, right, talk about the talent right, talk about me not being good and talk about like criticized me, right, But don't criticize me because of who my dad is.
Speaker 3: Like you say, I'm fifty fifth pick.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody talking about these two buma ass motherfuckers that was number one and number two.
Speaker 3: Exactly. That's losing every game we don't even know.
Speaker 1: Look, we talk about Brownie so much, people forget that he was the fifty fifth pick. People forget who the first three picks were. Mmm, Hell, I couldn't tell you. I mean hardly end of the picks. My point exactly, you feel me so like when you when you're dealing with that, right, and and and and and One thing I liked with about the James family the way they take the criticism is absolutely everybody came.
Speaker 3: Everybody built for that. Remarkable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you also, pat you know, you've got to understand, you got to understand how long they've been in it, how long they've been there.
Speaker 3: So really, after this, after this long, you got to think the pressure has been on. Lebron says, what coming out of high school?
Speaker 2: I said he was jud heights everybody he burst on the scene when they put him on covered on Sports Illustrated, said that chosen one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's forty, he's forty now. He was sixteen or seventeen then. So that's been twenty three, twenty four years for damn near a quarter century.
Speaker 3: He's been in the public eye. Yeah, so he.
Speaker 2: And so it's just like it's just like any parent, if you're in a situation and you can help your child, who doesn't We see these we see these CEOs and presidents and the ownly companies. What did Jerry do all of his kids? Ain't nobody say nothing? Well, Steven ain't qualified, Charlotte ain't qualified.
Speaker 3: Yeah. As a parent, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: You try to put your kid in the best situation seen and then it's up to him to make the both the best of the situation that we got.
Speaker 3: We got the blueprint from them.
Speaker 1: That's what we got, the blue Oh man, I see the CEOs they're doing this now. Okay, man, this person deserved this job. If they go hire, they gonna hire a cut cuzzle over here, cuzz away and really did numb?
Speaker 3: They still go high? Okay, cool, We tiled all that, and when.
Speaker 1: Let us do the same thing, right, I mean collectively longevity you talk about legacy wise, you have to get the first, the mom a lot of credit because it starts with her, and the trickles all the way down right to Missavant, It trickles all the way down.
Speaker 3: You have to give that family a lot of credit.
Speaker 1: They've they've done a lot, and to steal every time you see them for them to look so so royal, so.
Speaker 3: Like with so much royalty and handled themselves.
Speaker 1: Class is really impressive, especially coming from the black culture, especially coming from the black coachure.
Speaker 5: And this is how I know this, how I know not only did James class, the James family is class personified, but Lebron James well pat because you think about his accolades, his achievements, and what he's been able to do since coming out of high school, the pressure being on him, him being able to take it all this time, and reaching a milestone of being the highest scoring NBA player of all time, and the fact that when he hit that fifty thousand points, you know, and whatever game that was. I just want to show you because the rest of the chat has seen it, some of some other some of the other people that have been on here be able to see uncles been able to see it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Lebron gifted me the fifty thousand ball, the fifty thousand point ball, and I just going to show it to you.
Speaker 3: Just check that out.
Speaker 1: You sure, Yeah, you know, I was, I was. I was on the legers when that game happen. Yeah, this is the ball right here. You'll turn around a little bit. No, that ain't it. No, No, that ain't it. I know, I haven't played with that ball. I haven't playing with the ball I'm scoring to that game. That ain't the ball I scored with. That ain't the ball. What's going on with you? Lou Wheels and Brandon Jennings.
Speaker 2: You posted today that you kick their ass in the one on one tournament, Lou William, Jeff Tige, Brandon Jennings to every one of the boat fos, No, you get on the court with me, and I'm gonna dog.
Speaker 3: Y'all what you what you say? Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Low five high five patent five.
Speaker 1: Were talking about, Hey, no, but soon you got to understand, like, uh, for me, my role coming to the NBA was very different.
Speaker 3: Right, I've been on the team with Ty Lawson.
Speaker 1: Right, I've been on the team with Lou will Right, I've been I played against Brandon James. So five on five segment is very different than the one on one seg Right, Hey, I'm able to practice against these guys and I'm the guy that man I can't shoot anyway. I gotta play defense all the time. Because I got to say, y'all asked anyway, So okay, so they know what I bring to the table, like you know that guy in practice that no matter you suit up with you.
Speaker 3: Man, he gonna get me hell every single day, he ain't gonna let.
Speaker 1: Up right right or if y'all in my case, y'all probably was the guy that didn't let up on people know what I'm saying. So that's how it is with me in practice. So like I know, coming in in the door, like one on one in the door with me, like like with me, I'm a different animal, Like I don't stop chewing.
Speaker 3: I keep going. I keep going, I keep going. I won't bone. I don't want flesh, I won't bone. I want media, I want gristle.
Speaker 1: I'm in veins like i'm I'm Yeah, I get wild when I'm in that cage.
Speaker 3: You know. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I got a question. Since you really got that kind you got that? In fact, you got that obviously most most of us we call it that dog mentality. It's not something that's taught. It's already in you. You already got that. So I'm just curious you talk about playing them boys if you are not able to play one on one, knowing that we both kind of think alike and we cut from the same motherfucking claw.
Speaker 3: You think a game the eleven. You could deal with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not not not not not like uh see, look at my finger's doing something I do on even know what they're doing. Look right, right right, But but not not like just because uh because like you play a different sport or whatever. That's not the like just the just the case that I will die out there before I loops.
Speaker 3: Are you willing to do the same?
Speaker 5: Hold on, I'm willing to die about a lot of things like Okay, oh listen, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something about me. Right, I owe on fifty two hundred dollars. Right, I ain't paid money in about seven months because I will fifty me.
Speaker 3: It's this, this makes you crazy.
Speaker 1: He gonna about our own own and I ain't even paid it, and I ain't said oh hell dog oh hell dog man. You gotta think that up on the half cut before and on the side chat, y'all heard this path, this path be talked about all day. Tell about yeah, come run you get Baltimore. Now he getting to him with paying ball, told about hen.
Speaker 3: I'm usually have a small example. Now I'm gonna give your money anyway.
Speaker 5: I'm just I would give I was telling Pat, I'm trying to give him example of how like I'm willing to die bout not giving it, but I'm gonna give it to you. So I'm just trying to try to Yeah, I'm trying to get Pat. Do understand like I'm really like that too.
Speaker 3: And if you're willing to die by that, I mean we on the same you paid right right? I would.
Speaker 5: I would really love to scale one on one between us. I come to you, I'll spot you five to eleven. Who me, ain't no hour, I'm talking to you?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: But see this, this is the thing you played. You played professional basketball. You have yet to see me play. I average fifty six in high school. I was supposed to go to the NBA, but I got in trouble, got suspended that I got kicked out of school. So I had no choice and I went to the school I only had football, so I was forced to do that.
Speaker 3: You and me, huh, So I got this su sat not the transition into that.
Speaker 5: And if I need to get back to what I normally do and that put a built the ass on the court, you could be the first one.
Speaker 1: So so with sports, and I think we all know this with sports, it's uh, it's the it's the major major component that's always important, and that's conditioning.
Speaker 3: Right, that's me, that's me. I'm conditioning.
Speaker 1: I just played a game a month ago in front of seven thousand, you know, eighteen five and five. You know, I'm ok they yeah, they screamed another language over that. Why I'm playing. I'm I'm I'm right by way, I'm back telling on the way back like this, right, okay. So conditioning is a part of it. Mental conditioning is the most important part of it. That's that they don't teach you. That's what you can't get at gym, right, that's that's that stuff. I'm gonna just lift and keep doing this rep until all my muscles burned, until I feel a burn that I ain't never felt before. And then when I feel that, I'm gonna do some low like okay that but ya.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, let me yeah, let me, let me. Let me tell you something about my jack Wow.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me? Yeah? You know, I say, yeah, all right, wild I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you about my my kind of conditioning. All right, my conditioning. You know, I play soccer. You hear on what that is? Let me write it, write this down because I like to be ahead, right, right and down.
Speaker 5: I played a striking You hit me, I played a nine. I played forty five minute half straight with no break, running full. Gimme that's fast. That's no breaks, no timeouts, no commercials. Forty five minutes. That's two halves of those. Okay, that's part of my conditioning. Then my physical and mental conditioning.
Speaker 3: I take these right here. Huh these called roast falls. Now, this kind of conditioning I do at home? Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Pack one of them. You hear me.
Speaker 5: I put chan cam, put her through the mattress. Gim me, I make sure she touched every corner of the wall. Huh.
Speaker 3: I put on the.
Speaker 5: Ceiling fan and I tied to the ceiling fair and make it go around in the circles.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of condition I'm talking about. You ain't built like this. Won't be post die, it won't be No man, he too, fittle man.
Speaker 1: Man shooting up for Trumper. Don't turn your back on about your figure. Yep, hey man, that the three go. Hey wait boy, Pat, I love you boy. But those guys, man, they know they know those guys man, they just you know, they I get the text like it's funny because I get the text from guys like yeah, man, that's let's keep running it up for the media. And in my mind, I'm like, no, I'm dead serious. Yeah, well I ain't doing this because no media, I'm dead see this. I bust all y'all ass like career like and we we could do it with cameras.
Speaker 3: Without cameras.
Speaker 1: How do you want to do it? You feel me how you want to do it? So yeah, hey, pat, so let us so, let us just let me get this. I get a sponsor and I'm gonna put fifty thousand line so you lou will tye lost some Brandon Jenny's one on one. We're to take off. Who taking the money.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this, you will be not in the intelligent man to bet against me. I'll tell you that. Don't better. No, We're gonna put it down the winner, get it off, the winner getting the whole fit fifty thou.
Speaker 1: What you ain't fit out on both I'm not even mine to it. And listen, I know it's captain when I when I tell a person, come on, let's play one. Hunt's let'slet's let's play one one, four hundred thousand. You gonna get go your chase. I'm gonna go to my chain. I'm gonna take out a Hundy, you take out of Hunere. Don't nobody got to be there. We'll play. I guarantee you all. I'm gonna say, no, I don't know. Hey, hey, hey uh Brandon Jennies, Hey, no long got to matter of fact, I got something even better for y'all. Right, Well, y'all, y'all both know, and y'all say, y'all got sources, and y'all both know people that's in basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, ask them, just ask them.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, look, if if one of them suitable pack because you know, we don't really know, but if one of them suitable, Pat, how did I come and beat?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Tell you the saying, like, man, yeah, they can play, but boy, Pat different, He different, different, heat different, he different, He just different. He not go stop, he's still working out, he's still playing basketball like he Pat different, different. Yeah, so that's all. Are you trying to a Pat? Are you trying to come back to the NBA? Are you cool with you know what? I'll lot to you and say I don't want to come back to the NBA. Right, A lot to you and say that, like, you're a basketball player. You want to keep playing. You want to you want to get a game, anything you can give it. You want to get a game, anything you can give it.
Speaker 3: You can play. Play, I still can play. I still I still got a good three years left.
Speaker 1: And you feel we just got a couple of calls if I one decide to go back overseas and play. So like basketball is always a door open open for me. But again we speak about longevity also, which is important. You know, I've done a good job take care of my body to still even be in this position. So yeah, if that opportunity presents itself, I'm gonna be misster ninety four feet.
Speaker 3: To be ready.
Speaker 2: So in other words, in your claws in the overseas, you can opt out to come to an NBA if an NBA team, oh you correct, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Been it's been a fun ride.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for seventeen years, right, I've been doing this five years overseas. Uh, I have seen the whole world, man, I have seen I haven't seen Italy. I haven't seen Russia. I don't say I done seen Israel. I don't seen Greece. I don't seen. I don't seen so many different countries, aren't right.
Speaker 2: What's what's some of the best souvenirs that you brought back from the countries, because I know you got to bring something back because Russia and Italy is real, and the Greece and Turkey all the place you've been.
Speaker 3: What's some of the best souvenirs that you bought up? No, what I'll just say.
Speaker 1: I just say my mentor ones, right, the people I've met through my journey, right, the coaches I've had, because you know, the European coaches are very different than what the what the NBA is, The friendships I have, right, The restaurants that I can go back in Israel right now if I want to go to and and it looks exactly the same, right, I may ring my mom, you know, shot glasses from different countries just you know, you don't drink at all, but just to have something that you know, my son bring me there.
Speaker 3: So like I mean, this ride of mind.
Speaker 1: You're talking about twelve years in the NBA, five years overseas, man seventeen years pro doing an inner city kid from Chicago. Man, for you got to think John Shire, me and Derek Rose, we are the same class. I was the third best. I was the third best player in that class. I was the last I'm the player still playing basketball.
Speaker 3: Yep, John shotted coaching sire him me.
Speaker 1: Derek Rose, i was the third best player out of all of them. I'm the only one still playing basketball.
Speaker 3: Bet y'all didn't know that, did you? Chant? Why Pat bab your twelve years in the NBA, you played with a lot of great players. He was on failure.
Speaker 2: You played with your EMBIID, and you with Lebron and a d and you with Kawhi and PG and jas. You played with James Harden. You played with some of the great All seventy five players. If you don't mind what was some of the things that you said, you would think that kind of made them who they are what they are.
Speaker 1: Lebron, I'm gonna start with Lebron James because he has to go first, because he was probably the biggest impact in my career. I met Lebron when I was a rookie in Miami, and he really gave me the blue Plant of being in the NBA and what his goal took to stay in the NBA. Right, he just did all extra shit, like, Okay, we we sprinted with the Miami Heat. He fucking pat, Let's do five most sprints. I'm a rookie, I'm a say no Lebron James, Okay, we're doing the strength. He don't want to do regular sprints. He want to touch the wall.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be it might be nothing, It might be an extra little two feet, but those extra two feet add up over so many more times. Right with James Harden, I seen his ability to take the game of basketball and make it okay. How can I shoot the game when I say cheat the game? Like?
Speaker 3: How can I get to the free throw line twenty times? What's the gray area into that?
Speaker 1: How can I use my IQ when my athletics and falls, my athleticism falls, and still be an elite skill player?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So I learned pick and roll isolation, the amount of time it takes to get from an ISO to a you know, from a switch. Then I go Kawhi Leonard. I've never seen anybody in my life workout like him on the basketball court. Right as basketball courtse basketball player. As you rep it, you know you might shoot fast wats, you might shoot seven spots. I'm gonna shoot the corner, the wing, the top of the key, corner wing. I'm gonna shoot fots. Him he different, he shoot nine spots. When you shoot fast spots regularly, he make ten. With him, he make twenty twenty nine spots. And it's not surprising to me.
Speaker 3: When he plays. Sometimes he gets hurt.
Speaker 1: Yes, he gets hurt because he's putting in so much extra work on a basketball court. Wow, I've never seen a player. I've never seen a player work out like Kawhi Leonard in my entire life of being on this earth. His work cards are simple, They're extremely hard. They're extremely hard. I'm talking about make twenty nine spots, make twenty another nine spots, make twenty going left fast spots, make another twenty left fast spots. Your arms so tired, you know, your minds so drained, like you forget. Yeah, I done got up a thousand today. We go do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Path two thousands. We're gonna do it again tomorrow. Pat three thousand. We had six thousand makes in a week. I say, man, this man is this man different? He doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you miss you missed the gang winner. You gotta make twenty, You miss twenty, you go back down to fifteen. I'm talking about when it comes to like, and it's not a lot of h Ain't no joking in the locker room, Ain't no a clue for eight to ten people, ain't no cameras.
Speaker 3: It's me, his homie, my home, four people, homies, rebound, let's work. Wow, So what he did? Like and everyone knows, y'all know, like, with that amount of work you put in, Yeah, you know, you might be hurt.
Speaker 1: It might not show up this game, but in the playoffs he shows up every single time. Yeah, every single time. I was able to have some really good bets. And I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: I have some motherfuckers that I was like, Yeah, let me stay away from him. I'm cool, you feel me.
Speaker 1: I the best stay walking at with flip flops game starting an hour, they walking there with flip fops on, Okay, cool, Okay, next two years.
Speaker 3: They out the league okay cool. Yeah, Pat, don't do that, Yeah, don't do that. Don't do that. So I had I had the best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: I was able to see people with big names get out the league, and I was able to see people that stayed in the league without big names. I ain't never average over ten points a game. I played twelve years in the NBA. I missed the playoffs once. Wow, I got drafted forty two. I got draft the same draft Steph Curry, Drift. They took nineteen point guards.
Speaker 3: I was one of them. Mhm earned Keith earned my keep up. That's it. I made over one hundred million dollars in the NKA, Man, Uncle, I earned my keep.
Speaker 2: You recently made some critical comments about the Sixers wasting opportunities. If you were the GM of the Sixers, you got max contract, Joel and b max contract, Paul George max contract, Tyres MAXI you're the GM pat be up at the GM mother Sixers.
Speaker 3: What are you doing this off season?
Speaker 1: And it'll be tough. It'll be tough for me again because now I have damage goods. All those players you name, they ended this season hurt, right, So now I'm doing a deal with a team, it'll be tough for me. Didn't even get that off They didn't play well, they underperformed, and they hurt. So yeah, I'm I'm I'm giving you unk that red Ferrari ain't a red Ferrari no more. It got a little ben center, the little painting, shipped a little bit, the muffler, hang it back on the loose. It ain't the red Ferrari no more. I don't think you're gonna drive. It ain't gonna lie more. I don't think you want what I got to give you. We gotta overload. We got to ask them first, some first rounds. We gotta ask some second rounds. I think they put themselves in a position to either be really good or to be really bad.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, when you got the contract, Joel Embiid, you got three years coming at one hundred and ninety three million. You got Paul George Gotta he's gonna pick up that fifty yards, he gonna pick that up, so you basically, so basically you got uh Paul George for another four years excess a two hundred million.
Speaker 3: Tyree's Maxy.
Speaker 2: I think Tyree's MAXI is he's gonna be an all star. He's phenomenal. But I just don't know what you're gonna do with Joel and b with his injury history, with his age and that contract. Paul George, his injury history is a late his age and that contract, what could you possibly do?
Speaker 1: You know what you gotta You gotta let him play out one more year, right, and then, like we said with anything with basketball, the first person to going ain't the players the coach.
Speaker 3: Right. And I played for Philly, I played for that beautiful city on I played for Nick Nurse.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I played with Joel.
Speaker 1: I know how nice he is. I play with Tyreez Maxie when he got most improved that year. I know how good he is. But you go feel a lot of pressure from that city. Y'all know Philly, Philly a different city when it comes to sports. When it comes to sports, Philly takes. They take they sports. They go to sleep with it. They go to sleep with their sports. They drink coffee, coffee mugs, they got Phillies cup, they go, they sleep, they wake up with they sports. If you don't do something fast with that, no matter what it is, and don't do the wrong thing and the wrong thing, you get rid of Joel.
Speaker 3: You get rid of Joel, and this don't go right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about losing for a lot of years, right, But if you if you if you get the right doctors in, you get the right medical staff, and you get the right locker room pieces around them that you know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys don't feel hurt. You feel me? Yeah, maybe you guys. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: If you got ten games to go, right and you you need to win seven of them to make it to the playoffs, that need that was hurt, and it don't feel that that bad today, right, Right, But if you got ten games to go and you got to win eleven of them, yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: I don't want to play night. Right, It's just different, huh.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They just need they need a coach.
Speaker 1: They need a coach or anything with that involves winning, regardless if it's a company, that's a football team, it's a basketball team, it's a it's a karate unit with with with ten year olds. You need coach. You need culture. In order to be good at anything, you need the right culture and right and this year they didn't have it.
Speaker 2: Pat, I look at Ocha or now. We had a discussion and I said, I looked at it like this. Joel embiid end of the season. He played in the postseason, but basically he was on one leg. Why not have the surgery on the leg or risk the leg? If surgery weren't required, why go to the Olympics. And I understand the Olympics. America has done so much for Joelnbid and his family. He's made him rich. But Wilder is beyond his dreams. But he had a talent he parlayd that I don't get going to play for the Olympics. And if I'm the Sixers, I'm not gonna allow Joe to play because I got two three hundred million dollars tied up in you and you spent the half the season, the majority of the season injured.
Speaker 3: Do you think he should have played in the Olympics?
Speaker 2: If you, if you own the if you Josh Harris and you owned the Sixers, are you allowing your injured player who injured the season, who uh the last part of the season and in the postseason was injured. Are you going to allow him to play or to have or are you gonna say you need to have surgery or you need the rest to make sure you're healthy for.
Speaker 3: The same So throughout that whole year, they knew that the team came up short.
Speaker 1: The year before So being around the NBA at that time, you heard little chatter, right, you hear little chatter and Joel playing, m KD playing and Kawhi you playing, Seth Curry playing Lebron said he planned you playing like you start you start hearing about it, and now it became not everybody playing, all the top dogs playing. Right, you didn't want to miss a seat on that bus because what they did, they go down in history, right, they go go down in history.
Speaker 3: So with that with the States have.
Speaker 1: Dumb, you know, and his defense in his mind, he was like, you know, pat like, feel me like man, like my son was born here here, feel me like I was born here.
Speaker 3: I'm putting on for the little home.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You can't go against that, Uh right, I'm putting I'm putting on for my son.
Speaker 1: So like I thought, I thought what he did, the decision he made, I thought, I thought it was a fantastic decision. Right, I thought him coming up winning winning gold, I thought he was gonna take that momentum and go back to Philly because in the Olympics he seemed he seemed in great condition, he said, in elite condition.
Speaker 3: He didn't seem like, you know, like he was dragging anything. He looked really good.
Speaker 1: He was probably one of the reasons, the main reason he hit the mid range shot when when US couldn't score right there on the right wing. Uh over Yokich against US. Yeah, so he hit that shot. That was a big shot. People don't understand it. That's probably one of the biggest shots because the USA couldn't score. He hit that shot. They go on Steph Curry, dowist thing, Lebron do his thing, but they win the game like they brung home the gold.
Speaker 3: I can't never fault a person who put on for his country and brought us back gold.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But if you if you Josh Harris, and you got three hundred million dollars tied up in it, you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if Hugh Josh Harris, you're looking at it from a whole different beast.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, you're looking at it from a business point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I hear that. I hear you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we're gonna need We're gonna need Golden Philly too. So yeah, it goes both ways. Yeah, I'm just glad I ain't Josh Harris. I'm glad that's a that's a hard job to have. That's a whole work job to half.
Speaker 2: Because you shilling, you shelling that money. Because here's the thing, and you had what's the gym in Philly? You had him in the in Houston. You're talking about the GM. I walk on the bus. Uncle, I say, hey, Darren, more you trade me? He know, Pat, I ain't trade you. Uncle was traded three days later, damn.
Speaker 3: And you know me.
Speaker 1: I'm twelve years in so and I know him. He came and got me, you feel me. He came and got me in Europe. So he brought me to the rockets. He gave me my contract. So it's my mama, noia, you know. So it's so you really can't he be mad even though he traded. You can't be mad, that's my man. Yeah, it ain't personal's business.
Speaker 3: But y'all got on the bus. I got right on the buck. Hey Darrel, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 1: I see you on a on a lot of away games, like, man, I know trade about to go there. I'm getting traded old on Pat?
Speaker 3: You cool? Yeah? Yeah? Pat? You going to the walkie all right?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Thank you? I know the bit is, uh you feel me? Dirty game?
Speaker 2: But if this ain't no work out because he extended Joeling Bead when he didn't have to. It's easy to give somebody else money this way pass as opposed to spend your whole Josh Harris looking like hold on. You brought in Paul George, gave him a five basically a five year deal, when it seemed like the Clippers was only willing to go to three. You signed Joel and Beid when he had two years still left on this deal, and you gave him a three year extension at a one ninety three.
Speaker 1: This better hurst the bad don't forget about that. Yeah, its Maaxi the bag. Yeah, so you got three guys basically on the max time. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough. I think this is years out. I don't think this is something that can just turn around instantly. I think again, I think they gotta fix what's in the locker room. Right if it's a star player, if it's a superstar player, if it's the kid who you draft, or if it's the role player who wave in town, you gotta get that. You gotta get that culture together, and once you get that together, you can kind of navigate your way through basketball games. That's the easy part. But they gotta fix that locker room. They gotta fix the culture, that organization back. They gotta get them back.
Speaker 2: The Gators take down to Houston couver sixty five sixty three. Florida wins an instant Classic, their first title six two thousand and seven when they went back and back six o seven when they had Joe King Noa, they had Al Horford. They won back to back titles under Billy Donovan. I think that's what I think, that's what their coach was, Billy Donovan. Houston had a chance to take the lead or tie in the final seconds, but failed to get a shot off in the final what nineteen seconds for twelve seconds, but anyway, they fail to get a shot off. Coopis have now paered in three national championship games, seven final four without a victory, and they were really close. Reminds me of eighty three. They were a top ball game and Derrick Wittenberg heaves up a shot and Lorenzo Charles catches it and dunks it as time ends and they lose that heartbreaking game. That was five Slamma jama a Keem Elijah Wan Clyde Drexler. They had an unbelievable team, but unfortunately Larry Micheau, Benny Anders, they were not able to get it done. They got taken down by the NC State Wolfpack. It was nineteen second yeah, and they didn't get a shot off in nineteen second yeah. Oh Joe, watching ball game, I thought Houston, you know, I thought both teams got a little asking. Hurley started taking some Eli Bio shots. It seemed like everybody was trying to end the game early and late. I don't know why Houston was taking some of the shots that they took, but I think you got to give Florida credit because they didn't panic. They got down twelve, and they didn't They stuck with their offense. They kept getting great vents. Houston was filing, putting them on the free throw line.
Speaker 1: I mean, they got a couple of A and ones and dug themselves back into the ball game.
Speaker 3: But watching this ball game, I know you picked Florida to win it, But what did you like about what you saw? I mean, listen, I like what I saw from Houston.
Speaker 5: I know they didn't win the game, but obviously I think Houston forcing Florida to have so many turnovers in the first half and a few win the second half. I really thought Houston was gonna run away with the game at some point when they were up by twelve. Listen, Obviously, Florida being known for their explosive scoring, you know, they faced challenges really penetrating the Houston defense earlier early early in the game, especially once they got up twelve, I thought Houston was going to run better place, slow the game down itself, and kind of keep the lead extended. But obviously, in the Florida coming down in the second half, they managed to get back into the game. And obviously we see all the how the game ended, you know, in in Florida's favor, But nonetheless, it was a great game.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: One of the few times now that I've been a part of the show, one of the few times I've actually sat down and watched collegiate basketball throughout the entidy of the NCAA series, and I actually enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I thought both.
Speaker 2: Teams played outstanding defenses. Nobody shot above forty percent. Both teams were twenty five or below from the three point line. Florida was better from the free throw line, seventeen or twenty one for eighty one percent. Houston was nine or fourteen for sixty four percent. Rebounding was right there. Forty rebounds for Florida, thirty nine for Houston. The game was really nipping tuck. But the thing is is that we saw the other night with Duke in Houston, and Houston should have known that teams don't give up because I mean two minutes, three minutes of they in college basketball.
Speaker 3: But I think you really have to look.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people go say, Houston gag this one off, they choked this, and maybe so, but still in order for you, it ordered fourteen to come back and win when you're down twelve points late in the ball game, when you're down at any point in time, you still have to execute your offense because even though they may have chow, that don't mean you get the lead automatically.
Speaker 3: You still have to put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 2: And they were down and they executed, and they put the ball in the basket when they absolutely had to.
Speaker 5: And most definitely also, I think Houston in the second half their shot selection, on their shot selection, some of the shots, you know they were trying to put up instead of waiting allowing the game to come to them. They were very bad and I think that also allowed Florida to come back into the game. And I just want to mention Walter Clayton Junior his leadership. His leadership throughout the tournament, especially in the championship game, solidified his status as one of the top performers to me of all time. You know, I can't run down some of the top performers in a game of this magnitude, but what I saw from him and his ability to score under pressure and facilitate plays and crucial moment for Florida, I think is one of the reasons why they won this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't. He didn't have his best ball game. Will Richard or Richard played ritty well.
Speaker 2: He came in hit a coming three early that really kept him close early in the ball game.
Speaker 3: He played well. Alex Condon played really really well.
Speaker 2: Clayton got eleven points, but he was one for seven from the three, and he got most of his points. Matter of fact, he got all eleven of his points in the second half because he was shut out in the first half, three or ten from the floor. But like I said, both of these teams played outstanding defense, and I think a lot of that had a lot of the percentages that you see had to do with the defensive effort.
Speaker 3: And you look, you on this stage, util we dealing with teenagers.
Speaker 2: We did a lot of these kids nineteen twenty years of age, not big in this situation, and so you know, you, they know what's at stake. I got a chance to be a national champion. I got a chance to be remember forever at my university. And Houston's gonna be kicking himselves because they had this game under control and somehow they let it slip away from him. But I think you got to give Florida a lot of credit because they stuck with it. They got timely played, got timely turnovers. I think the biggest turning point, oh Joe, was when the guy tried to split. He tried to split the double team. He ended up dribbling the ball off his feed. Why why there's a guy on you. You try to go to a go between another guy that's guarding the guy, but you try to split it, which was unnecessary.
Speaker 3: Pull the ball back it is also unnecessary. But we see it happen all the time.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm not saying he's in the NBA, but we see many many guards, many many many players that played the one in the two split. We see him split all the time, so I know exactly what they're trying to do. He just wasn't able to execute it the right way because the ball obviously hit off his knee.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. But this, this was this was a very good game.
Speaker 2: Look, it wasn't esthetically pleasing, because both of these teams can make it have the potense propensity, They can make us make a game less ugly. They can munk it up, especially Houston, because they played defense to get up until you and they they make you execute. And so yeah, you look at the percentage, and you're gonna understand why the game was sixty five sixty three because.
Speaker 3: Neither team shot above forty percent from the floor.
Speaker 2: Neither team shot twenty five or better than twenty five percent from the three. And so when you get those kind of percentages, O shoe, you're gonna get a low score game and you're gonna get an ugly game. But at the end of the day, let me win ugly as opposed to lose lose pretty. That's the way I look at it. And Florida did what they needed to do. Like I said, they kept themselves attached even though they got down twelve points, and you're like, damn, oh, all right, Florida, y'all better do something. And every time they hit a three, they hit another three, they cut it to six, they get a layup, they cut it the four. Hey, Houston, push it back to eight, they get another two. Blow they going to six. But Florida had excuse me, Houston had this drought o shoe where it was just basically they were just getting from the free line. They couldn't put, they couldn't get anything in the basket, and they hit a couple of guys shot the three out the corner of the backboard.
Speaker 3: At all anger. I'm like, well, hey, hey it all times. I gotta be feeling good about that. Ohoe, I'm like, hey, everything going there for us? Listen that that shot selection was was abusinal in that second half.
Speaker 5: Instead of allowing the game, get allowing the game to come to you, You pressing when you shouldn't be pressing.
Speaker 3: Take your time, run your plays, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's one thing to say sitting here at home, but understanding the magnitude of the situation.
Speaker 3: No things change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and plus Florida early on, Houston was getting second chance. Off the second chance, they was getting the opportunity.
Speaker 2: They was cleaning up on the glass, played outstanding defense, they were blocking shots, they were stealing the ball, and they were doing everything. This is the type of game that Houston wanted to play, and Florida kind of got out out of sorts, taking quick shots, turning the ball over because at one point, I think Florida had turned them all over five times and Houston didn't have any. But they settled themselves down. I think you have to give Florida a lot of credit. That coaching staff did a great job of selling his players down, like, look, guys, we can't win the ball game in the first half. Let's not say let's let's play our brand of basketball. Let's let's do what we do. But it takes a lot for a team to get down like they did and still find a way to come up and win because when they needed to make plays, they made plays. And you have to give Florida a staff credit for that. Kelvin Samson is probably kicking himself. He's like, ma'am, what the hell do we have right?
Speaker 3: Get one?
Speaker 2: And I guarantee you if somebody toned them up, say you know at the beginning of the year, you're going to be up twelve points with about seven minutes to play in the ball game, he would have liked the position of being in twelve being in that position, but that's all eternity, and it seemed like, damn, can the clock go any fast again?
Speaker 1: We have a running clock. Even if the ball goes out of bound, that clock is stopping everything. And then you're like, damn, But here was a situation I'll show you have to give I think you have to give Florida more credit than you put plays blame on Houston. I know Houston made some mistakes that they don't normally make in that position, but even though you made those mistakes, somebody has to capitalize on them.
Speaker 2: And that's what and that's what Florida was able to do. They were able to capitalize on the mistakes and that's what they did. They capitalized and they're the national champs and they uh, here it is again.
Speaker 3: The SEC they pulled it out.
Speaker 1: They sent fourteen teams to the tournament and the last man standing was an SEC.
Speaker 3: Team. So that's uh, that was that was pretty That was a pretty good game.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I got an opportunity to because you know, hey, Florida's really not a Florida's a football school.
Speaker 3: Most you in the SEC, unless you're Kentuckey and law school. Yeah, most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 2: And Houston Houston is a basketball school because Houston, they've had some good players come out of Elvin Hayes came out of University of Houston, Clyde dregsonll Keem Elijah One.
Speaker 3: So they've had some pretty.
Speaker 1: Good players come out of there, more so than I think of as the football play the football team. But I think you got to give Florida Gator's more credit that you placed blame on on the University of Houston, because I think Florida got this with their executions, laying the ball game and they were able to pull out a win, a sixty five sixty three win.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, So it was a good ball game.
Speaker 2: I know that everybody in Houston is gonna be everybody in the Texta's gonna be upset.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are gonna be.
Speaker 5: Unpaid because they think Houston gast honestly, honestly, if they I know everybody in Houston watching the show. I know they watched the show yesterday and I told them. I told him when to talk to k Mart. One thing you don't do, you don't bet against Florida. Now, even though I didn't go to Florida. Listen, I am from the state of Florida, so I understood. Houston is one of the greatest cities. We talk about it all the time, one of the greatest cities of all time. You hear me now when I look when I listen, Hey, look, if you get you can see me, right. I saw I'm talking to you when I'm talking to you, but I know you're picking up what I'm putting down. But when it comes to basketball, I already knew. I already knew how the script was gonna play I knew how I was gonna play out.
Speaker 3: That's why I made the better I bet. Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Dan Hurley says he regrets this game is a postgame post game outburst. Dan Hurley reflected on the f bombs directed to Baylor players about officiating, which was sparked by a call that didn't agree with during the contest. Hurley regrets how it all played out. That was embarrassing. I wish somebody could have stopped me. I got to get somebody that I think that maybe could just walk under mail off the court, maybe like a collact college football. You aren't listening. He ain't gonna listen nobody you you like. It's hard, oh sho, when you in that moment and you feel like you just got to get one of them all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knows it. He's a very he's a very passionate coach. He's a two time that champ.
Speaker 2: He's going for a three pat something that hadn't been done since the Wooden days in the late sixties early seventies.
Speaker 1: But at that point in time, I'm not so sure. He was so riled up and he genuinely believes that that call. Right, Listen, this is what I don't like.
Speaker 3: Why are you apologizing for how you feel? Remember I told you about telling the truth.
Speaker 5: There's a certain time where you have to be politically correct and you just can't be yourself and actually explain how you really feel and be passionate about something. It's okay, Yeah, I mean, as professional as he is, and Dan is allow him to really express himself on how he truly feels instead of bite, instead.
Speaker 3: Of bite the bullet, a bite to tongue. It's okay to be. It's okay to show us some time. It's okay.
Speaker 5: You don't have to be a political robot all the time and say everything right.
Speaker 3: It's okay to express how you want to for a change, it's different.
Speaker 2: Don't want to get that caught on camera. You're dealing with college you're dealing with college kids, and the cameras are on you. You can't say we got FT and I hope you guys don't get f because that what just happened to us.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: You're right, okay, because you got to realize you're the CEO of you God, those those those those are the boots, the what do they call him, uh uh, the president or chancellor whatever whatever, the provots whatever they go by.
Speaker 3: It said, you do you think they see something like that and be like, you know what, we don't like that, or you know what, that's what we need. That's what we need.
Speaker 1: We need to We need a coach with that kind of passion, that step. We like your passion, but we you understand that's what happened. Okay, that's why you apologize it. And he liked that seven eight million dollars that he collected. Yes, sir, don't don't mess your money up. Yeah, it is how A when I get into the locker room, hey, cut them cameras, right, man, they screwed us. Everybody know that I got you. I won't go use the word screw. I will use the word that he we've all been in the locker room.
Speaker 3: We owe. Hey, hey, cut those cameras and then boom, hey when them cameras off. Boy, it's different. Absolutely, it's different when them cameras off.
Speaker 2: Of course, But I think the thing I think he's right, Hey, let me get somebody that a because when emotion is high, logic is low, you throw caution to the way.
Speaker 3: We've all been there on Yo, we get to a point. It ain't no turning back. So what you need to do is have somebody before you get to set point.
Speaker 1: Come on a come on, don't you Hey, come on, hey, I know we frustrated right now, Hey take it out.
Speaker 3: On me being on me?
Speaker 2: Hey, why the hell you call that to? Why the hell you get such and such? Why did you tell me you're right, coach. For me, you got to have somebody like you know, in a situation you out with your lady. You got to have a lady that's strong and say, baby, you ain't gonna mess up this money. Come on FtM. He he ain't had no chance. So don't even worried about all that. I know I'm going home. I know who I'm going home to get me. Hey, I'm cool with that. I'm good so all that other stuff.
Speaker 1: When he talking, I mean, I've had a situation where you know, I'm talking to me and this dude.
Speaker 3: I'm talking because I know why. But he got a parka. He ain't he been He up.
Speaker 1: There smiling, waking at weet wi ging at the lady that win whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Hold on he was drunk, yes, but no no, But but I'm saying I don't know him.
Speaker 2: I know the dude that he's black him and I I've known him for a long long time. He was a couple of years he's a couple of years younger than me. And so she brought it to my attention. She say, hey, I don't want you to say nothing, but I handled it. I said, right, right, he said, you boy that you was with his partner kept looking at me, winking and smiling, blowing kisses. I walked the tour him and told him out with him, and I think you, I think that's very I say, that's that's very unprofessional.
Speaker 3: Said, you don't do no stuff like that. Hold on, unc buddy, must have been drunk or something. He wasn't drunk. He wasn't drunk. But so check us out. As after he was getting ready to leave, yea, she he did it again. So I was he need it, you know, he need get Yes. See that's see, that's why you need me with you sometimes when you go places you need to die. That's why you need me with you.
Speaker 5: Man, you need you enforced with you. Man, that's like, that's that's not listening. That's total disrespect. It is not just to you, but the HUDs well.
Speaker 3: Because matter of fact, after after she after she already told him what time it is, he told him what the play was. And you're still trying to back go to my dog like that.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah yeah, but uh, I brought it to I brought it to the old boy. He's like, man, I'm sorry, that won't have blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You I say, cool, I said, I ain't got no problem, Broke, I said me, and you, I know you knowing you you we always yes, I cool.
Speaker 1: But I'm just I'm just saying, everybody ain't gonna be like in a position that he got stuff right right right right some situation. She would have told it, but she told it in such a way as to diffuse the situation. I am, hey, listen what I mean. Only only time people do stuff like that. I'm telling you had a little look in the system.
Speaker 5: That's liquid courage, being able to pull stuff up, pull stuff off like that when you know, you know, listen, that's my friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, he with somebody, and you're still sitting there winking and.
Speaker 5: Smiling, trying to catch somebody attention, trying to see if she gonna play you know, all right, bad okay.
Speaker 3: Bro I'm like bro I mean, look, oh Joe, we all have been around.
Speaker 2: Look, if you're a professional athlete, you doesnet built around situation with Somebody got a bad lady, somebody got a bad wife, or she might not even be.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she is, but she's with him, so that for I look at it. I don't care what she is. She his wife.
Speaker 2: Automatically know that she's a significant other. You know that even if it's somebody he just met. Y'all together? Okay, cool, and you know we already know it. I remember the conversation Gillam had long time ago.
Speaker 3: Remember that episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you know, you know, as nd NBA players and NFL players, can you already know who's off limits? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Limits, not everybody else.
Speaker 1: You want to get to save one. Now you can't say, you can't say, oh this, I got a wife and I got no no, no, no, that don't work.
Speaker 3: That don't work. You get one. You get to put one up on the show, and that's it. Everybody else. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 1: It's a green light. Yes, I don't care if your wife, she your girl, or you just better. You got one, you get to keep it. It's like, hey, hey, it's like you go to the store and your mom said, you pick one thing out there. You can get a soda, you can get chips, you can get cookies, or you can can't get them all. You get one, you can't get them all.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's a rule, and it's been a rule like that for years, that it's nothing just nothing new, that one is always off limits now any thing outside that. I don't care who it is. I don't care how long I've been talking. I don't care how long you know each other. Well, there's a green light, and nine times out of ten in that circle with.
Speaker 3: Us, she going.
Speaker 1: No, it's like uh uh. But I was like bro, I was like, man, you know what. But it was rough ideal with you, it was rough there the volume