Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 2: Well, what's up, everybody?
Speaker 3: Happy weekend. So excited you're joining us today. My name is Morgan and we are catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. But first please go check out Part one Part three. This weekend, Amy joins me. In part one, we talk about her vacation, how the new house is going, how mom life is shared, an update on how I'm feeling with things, and then in listener Q and A on part three, we talked about her favorite memory ever from the show, and she's doing any More Live podcast, So a lot of fun stuff in both of those.
Speaker 2: But the reason you're here is to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show and that's what we're about to do.
Speaker 3: A little Tuesday reviews day went down. We had two movies from the theaters, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice and It ends with Us, and then some shows that you may or may not like. There's The Killing, the Perfect Couple. Gosh, there was so many. So if you're looking for stuff to watch this weekend, this is really the only segment you need.
Speaker 4: Number seven Tuesday Reviews day.
Speaker 5: Let's review something you had to finish it. I'll review The Killing season one. My wife wanted to watch the show because she had heard for friends it was really good. But we started it and season one was like twenty eleven, and so some of the stuff it's still a little cheesy, just because shows were a little cheesier then. Anybody watched The Killing back in the day, No, what is it? It's about a murder. There's about a killing and two detectives to try to figure it out. Season one is pretty good. It's just a little cheesy. But again I have to think to myself, this wasn't made cheesy. It was just eleven twelve years ago that was made. I would give it three and a half out of five packs of cigarettes. Everybody smokes in this show, because apparently that was like being edgy then. But it was good. I think back then it had been five out of five. But we're in season two now and it's getting a little like newer, like things are just make more sense. But the Killing is pretty good. So it's based off and on like Danish TV show. But I'll go three and a half out of five on season one of the killing. There are four seasons, Amy You.
Speaker 6: The Perfect Couple. It's the new show on Netflix.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: We started that and I finished it.
Speaker 8: There's six episodes and I give it four out of five.
Speaker 6: Dances on the beach.
Speaker 5: They do a line dance. They're all like, look at our line dance. A rich. I was like, I told my wife what are we watching? She read the book and she was like, it's going to be really good. And then they're all doing like a line dance perfectly, like fifty people on a beach, and I'm like, there's no way that's even cheeper than the killing.
Speaker 6: It's the intro of every episode.
Speaker 5: It's so fun. You liked it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 5: It's good Netflix. Netflix, Yep, Lunchbox anything. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I watched a documentary call it Addicted to Life. It's about this woman in Belgium. She's a gold medalist and they have euthanasia and she wants to exercise her right to do euthanasia.
Speaker 5: So ethan asa is when you choose to kill yourself, oh with the doctor. Yeah, and it is who tough? Yeah, yeah, it's tough. So I'd say about a five gold gold medals. It's good.
Speaker 10: Five.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Just because it's sad doesn't mean it's not compelling. Right, So it was really good, really good, Mike Dan, did you go watch Beetle Juice Beetle Juice? I did, right, movie, Mike saw Beetle Juice. Beetlejuice, which is not Beetlejuice.
Speaker 10: It's part two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, And.
Speaker 4: It takes place thirty six years after the original one.
Speaker 5: And I thought this was just gonna be like another cash grab movie. It's actually really good. Is Michael Keaton selling it? Yeah, he's Beetlejuice. He's still the same Beetlejuice. Sa Beatle. Does Beetle just a son like show up or anything? Or is he's just still him? You gotta watch it to point out. Okay, I don't know if it was like I'm now gonna make my son the guy that comes out. Do you need to watch the first one again? Definitely? Okay, it's now the daughter of character. Is that Ginny Ortega? Yeah she's good. Yeah, yeah, she's pretty good actors.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but do you give it?
Speaker 4: I give it four out of five.
Speaker 5: Striped Suits movie Mike with a strong movie? Yeah at anything?
Speaker 12: Okay, Yes, I have a documentary called David Holmes The Boy Who Lived. I saw it on the airplane, so I don't know what streaming service it's on, but it's uh, Terry Potter. What's his name of Daniel Radcliffe. He had a stunt double for all of the Harry Potter Potter movies. In the last movie, he got paralyzed doing a stunt during a stunt, and it's the story of his life and what happened and what he did after that.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 12: So I'm gonna give it four and a half ones out of five.
Speaker 10: Dude, it's so so good.
Speaker 5: I looked it up. It's a ninety seven percent of Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 12: David Holmes is his name, and I mean him and Dania Radcliffe. He's in the documentary. He's part of it because they were buds. They were so close when they were making the movie.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to the theaters and watched it ends with us with Lively and Justin Baldini.
Speaker 2: It's been all over the news.
Speaker 5: Oh I watched. I was on TikTok for three weeks. I was in the algorithm of the.
Speaker 2: Drama there the rabbit hole of all.
Speaker 5: Of like those two. Yeah, how was the movie?
Speaker 3: It was really good, made me like super emotional, very uh triggering real.
Speaker 2: Life for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: But it was so good, Like I'm glad there's a movie out there that's like this now.
Speaker 2: So I give it four out of five.
Speaker 5: Blooms all of the Tiktoks out wat for like two and a half weeks and like Blake Lively way less tho as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 5: Still either me neither I believe, but TikTok tells me. Let's see ray final one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 14: The Deliverance it's on Netflix now that it is Spooky Sison.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a Halloween.
Speaker 14: Theme, the ges Spooky Sison, and it's based on a true story of family lower income can't move out of a house and it's haunted.
Speaker 10: Is it Deliverance?
Speaker 5: Likenriginal, It's the Deliverance? Oh what you give it four out of five? I will make you have some nightmares. Woe be careful. Rotten Tomatoes give it a thirty three percent splat is that fair? Well, my rating's a little bit higher than that.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but do you feel like thirty three percent is probably because of the vulgarity. There's some bad words in there. I don't know that it's because the vulgar reviewing on Rotten Tomatoes. But you liked it, yes, okay, then we will last all of these Tuesday reviews days. You go to any of our social media pages, but go to Bobbybones dot com. We'll put up a whole story if you want to hear what we talked about and what shows to watch. It's all up there on Tuesday Reviews day. Nice shop, Thank you. No podcast LaunchBox, No, no podcasts. Been busy man, I haven't had time. No new friends you want to review? No, no new friends, no new anything. Album release parties, no album release parties. But hey, I will work on a podcast. I'll get back on it. Hi. Thanks Betty. We appreciate that.
Speaker 4: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Ella Langley and Riley Green have not one, but two collaborations out right now and they stop by the studio to perform. They're super big one You Look Like You Love Me and you can watch it on our YouTube page. Unfortunately I can't play it for you guys here, but it is up there for you guys to watch the whole thing. But right now you're going to hear the interview how that collaboration happened and from both of their perspectives. Riley made a joke that he came in to be Ella's guitar player, but they both talked. We both heard their different perspectives on how all of these collaborations are happening and them touring together.
Speaker 4: Number six, There we go on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 5: Now Ell Langley, Ell, I became a big fan. Just buy a TikTok. I mean you pop it up an algorithm because obviously I have a lot of country music and algorithm and it's been really cool to watch it organically, Like especially this song just become a monster. Yeah, what does that felt like to you? Is like more people recognizing you, more people come into when you're playing, Like, what's been happening?
Speaker 13: Well, I've wanted to do this my whole entire life. This isn't something I just kind of stumbled upon and was like, yeah, I like playing guitar or I love singing, Like this is just like it's it's like a limb. It's just something I was always going to do. This and I've been working really hard at it for a minute. I moved here five years ago, and before that, I was going to school at Auburn And you went to sold really yeah, yeah I went for the two years when I went to school, Yeah, and then I dropped out and moved here. But yeah, I just play a lot of cover gigs. I started out restaurants, just I mean literally every kind of gig you can play, I've done it. Whatever you can travel there in, I've done that too.
Speaker 5: Like just traditional someone moves to Nashville. Yeah, with a dream, you're playing anything you can play to make money to survive so you can chase the bigger dream. But then this song hits so hard again I would just start singing it forgetting where I would even ever have heard it, Yeah, because it would pop up and not just in your video, as it would start to be used in other places too. I just wonder what that feels like when something starts to build wherever it starts to build, do you actually, day to day feel again more people pursuing like your music or is it like, man, I know it's blowing up, but I'm really not seeing it yet.
Speaker 13: No, I'm seeing it I'm seeing it. It's this song is crazy, That's what I was saying. I've been doing this for so long and it's been a slow climb, and I'll put out single after single and kind of just organically grown fans.
Speaker 7: But this song, it's the things that's done.
Speaker 13: And we didn't even plan on This song was never supposed to leave my audio recordings on my phone. I wrote it as a joke with Aaron ray Tier first, and then the label heard it and loved it, and then Riley asked us on tour, and him and I just kind of being from the same area, growing up on the same kind of music, and I was thinking maybe we could do it out in the road.
Speaker 7: That's why I asked him to do it.
Speaker 13: And I was like, hey, just kind of write the second verse how you would respond to a girl coming up to you in the bar like that.
Speaker 5: What I like about it is it's so old school talkie singing, which very much happened in the forties fifties, Like it sounds super super super traditional with people that aren't born in the forties in the fifties, is that probably why it wasn't supposed to be more than a voice recording because you're thought, I don't know, well, anybody even think this is a legitimate song.
Speaker 7: No, I think it's just kind of more I'm drunking. I'm really you know, it's.
Speaker 13: Kind of silly, you know, But yeah, I guess it's it's a little bit of a risk, you know, just because it's not something. It's not the popular thing to do, you know, and traditional country is only just now kind of coming back.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I don't know, but I grew up on it.
Speaker 13: I love it, and I'm just kind of doing what I love to do and not what I think other people think they want me to do.
Speaker 5: Did anybody suggest that you change some of when you recorded it, some of like the talking parts of the song. Yeah.
Speaker 13: We went back and forth a lot on it, on singing, singing it, on all kinds of different things.
Speaker 7: I never wanted to sing. I never wanted a song.
Speaker 13: I'm never going to release the version where it's a song, it's also the song.
Speaker 7: I have that.
Speaker 13: My argument to the label was every other song I've put out sings the verses, so can I not just have one that doesn't.
Speaker 5: And that's why it sticks out so much though? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well that I mean, it's a goot a girl walking up to a guy in a bar.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 13: It's like that's also not a common thing in country, well not over the past ten years. Now recently it has been. But yeah, so I don't know, it's kind of a risky thing to do, but it's it's crazy to see the reaction. It's I just started my first headlining tour and it's a little nerve racking to have such a viral song and wonder are they going to be here just for that? But I put out the my debut record, which is what You Look Like You Love Me, came off and they're singing every word to every song. It's crazy. They're listening to the whole thing and it's just wild. It's like, just watch my dreams come true.
Speaker 5: It's that one viral thing though they get some even pay attention to the rest, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well it's also cool too.
Speaker 13: Just a lot of these fans are not just the song, but you know, I saw you out with Randy Hawser that was my first tour three years ago, or I saw you John Party, or I saw you Riley, or you know, it's a lot of these fantasy we've grown through playing so many shows over the years and just working hard that way. But yeah, the it's wild to see when that song went. We did it in Hyde Park too. That was probably the wildest time thus far. It's fifty thousand people, that's crazy. We opened it for Morgan and it was just crazy.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 13: Probably the first time I had seen a crowd a matt like a mass amount of people sing words that I had written. And for it to be fifty thousand people in the UK was It's just hard to I don't know, it's hard to put into words.
Speaker 7: Almost.
Speaker 13: I remember I had my ears in because when you're way way out there, the slap back was so bad, so it's like you can't keep up with the drum. You gotta keep your ears in, so it's hard to hear the crowd. And I kind of remember walking back being like that was crazy. I just like, I don't know if I registered anything, and I was like walking back, thinking like just a normal time of us singing the song and everyone that was like on both of our teams. I was like, was that crazy? And they showed me back the video and Mean and Riley both watched it and it was just like massive, so I think that's what when we both realized it was like the song is doing something ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And also, I mean Riley's a massive star and he's like perfect for the song as well. Yeah, like all the stars kind of aligned with him, going YAO do the song. That's cool. And he's also a big star and it works with him. Yeah, what was the ad? How did you ask him? What would hey, you want to do this song? Well? Text to a version of it? Was it always a duet? No?
Speaker 7: I mean, like I said, I wrote it just for fun. I mean it wasn't like.
Speaker 5: You didn't write it for fun, like another a duet?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, I just I just I was just listening to it after we cut it. It was not going to be a duet right when we first cut it, but Riley asked us on tour right around the same time. So I don't know, it just I just thought of the idea. I was like, oh, what if we asked Riley to sing the second verse and then we could do it on the road. And obviously I didn't think it would just do what it's doing now. It's hard to expect something like this, But so.
Speaker 6: Did you have a second verse before he came in.
Speaker 13: Yah, yeah, and that's what I'm singing out on the Actually, we wrote a lot of verses when we wrote the song. We just kind of giggled and wrote as many verses as we had in this, and then we just picked our favorite ones. So I kind of throw those alt verses in the live show right now.
Speaker 7: I usually start off with like before there was.
Speaker 13: A main named Riley Green singing this song and then all the girls were like, and I'm like, ah, I was singing the second verse.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I tried to really do a do it with me. He turned it down, so I was just jealous us. Yeah he didn't didn't.
Speaker 13: Well really, my manager, Bradley Jordan, he's he's kind of he's the reason I met Riley and he's just help a lot of artists coming up. But he showed it to him. I was and then uh, and then yeah, I think. Actually I played a show with Riley and went on his bus and I said, I think my first line was Riley, uh, do you like making money? That was my first pick up. Well, that was my first line, and didn't know he was going to do anything from there, but so I started.
Speaker 5: And now he now here it is he makes money, does makes it? Makes it anyway, but they make makes more. Now this is always fun. I'm being told that Riley just arrived. Riley, Riley Green has entered the building. So why don't we take a break. Ella Langley's here? Is that true? Scuba is Riley here?
Speaker 15: He's in the green room.
Speaker 5: Okay, Riley Green has entered the building. Wow, they're there. There's underwear being thrown at him as he walks, so we don't even know. There's nobody else in the whole building. Underwear still landing on his head. We'll be back in one second. We'll get Riley in studio. You guys will perform it. Yeah, all right, back in one second. Okay. So Ellen Langley's here, Riley Green has entered, and Raley good to see buddy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks for having.
Speaker 5: Me, Thanks for coming up. And so I think what we'll do first, if you don't mind, why, I would love to hear the song live and then we can just talk a little more. You guys get with that, okay. So this is the song that I love. I've been playing on the show and I sometimes sing it and wonder where did I hear it? And then realize it was on like nine different videos from nine different people, and this is called You Look Like You Love Me. It's Ella Langley and Riley Green.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry we can't post a live performance on the podcast, but if you go to our YouTube page, you can watch it.
Speaker 5: There or maybe listen live.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 5: How many times do you guys have played that together? Now? First time? Right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 13: Hey, I don't think we've done it the same time twice. It's the same way twice, yeah, no, over.
Speaker 5: On over fifty now at this point, can you like it? Because again, when you I'm not good with numbers, but I would say tune okay, so wow, yeah, okay, see I'm not good with that. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Probably like us together. Probably, like I'll.
Speaker 1: Say, it's gotten louder every time we played it, which has been really fun to watch.
Speaker 5: Why did you say yes to the song?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 10: Well, I always like Della.
Speaker 1: She's from Alabama, very very country, uh musically and in spiritually.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we just grew up the same way. Bradley Jordan, he her managers, a really good buddy of mine, and he kind of put me on tour and I just like to see good folks do well, and and she was on tour with me. I thought it made a lot of sense. I thought the song was fun, had no clue it was a giant hit, you know. I thought Talking Versus was probably a little too old school, a little too traditional. But how cool is it that a song that's this country is doing this well?
Speaker 5: You know, when did you start to notice, oh crap, this is a this is a monster. Uh Like, did it randomly ever, just come up or were your people deciding, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, well, no, I mean I've never had any type of I guess what you would call viral, you know, and this song is really like viral. I mean I can barely work TikTok. I don't really know how that works, but it's just everywhere. So you'd get your phone out and it was every scroll. Would you hear this song playing? So I guess that was kind of the eye opening thing about it. But certainly playing it at a show, I think maybe yeah. I mean some of the stuff I would just kind of randomly bring L up and we would do a couple of songs together, and we did this one of a couple of times and it just didn't take long.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. That's so cool that because it organically happened right like you. Yeah, and any creator, any musician and the artist, you're always one really special piece of content away from having a real shot going viral. You never know what it can be. And there are people that it's a weird dynamic because you know, you're like, you don't want to give it too much power, but also if it's really good and nobody's giving it a chance, sometimes the chance is right here. Like it's a platform that is able to be used. And I think this is one of those examples of five hundred executives are going to hear that song and go like what you just said, Riley, it's maybe this a little too old school. We're probably not gonna invest any money. However, the people freaking loved it, and that's what makes all the difference in it.
Speaker 6: Now, after you wrote it, you're like, I don't know that any video I'll ever hear this.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I mean I just kind of like my whole goal for writting the song was just to honestly, this is when I was still playing a lot of rounds in town, is to just have a song where like no one's listening, they're all talking to maybe they'd laugh a little bit because I'm talking in the verses, you know, but yeah, some of my hands. And she works on my team and she heard it. She just was like, dude, you've got You've got a sentence in And I just fought it for so long.
Speaker 5: So this is the first time you put it up that people reacted to it or it take a few times.
Speaker 7: No, No, it did not. It just wasn't that hard.
Speaker 13: Like I just posted one, Uh, we were out on the roads, I think on the West Coast towards the end of the tour, and I just posted like a video of me doing the verse and that's it, and it just that's kind of what started it. And then I did one other video of just me singing the chorus and that's the sound that everyone's been using. But then whenever we did red Rocks and posted us that he's actually on the song, and then yeah, and when we did it for the show the last day of the tour too.
Speaker 5: So I'm a sports nerd and I was and I like sports memorabilia. This is gonna be a this is how I heard the song the first time, as I was watching this sports memorabilia being broken, the song's playing in the background, and I'm like, that sounds like Riley. I don't know who the girl is. What is that song? I hear it as a background sound when I'm watching them freaking break signed helmets, and so I've searched for a couple of things I heard. That's where I heard it. Then it was so ubiquitous, just existing everywhere. Then that's when I started to play it here. But like congratulations, like it's something that's so awkwardly awesome that it makes all the bit of sense, and it's why it resonates so much because it doesn't sound like everything else and it's good.
Speaker 13: Well, I think it's also like kind of for this next record. I'm already working on it, but just like the creative freedom I have now, just it's like there's literally no singing in the verses, and his songs on radio doing well right now in as wild, so I kind of feel like it's kind of ripping the structure out of my head a little bit and just doing what feels good.
Speaker 5: I mean when I think about like Conway Loretta, because they were awesome and they did their music together. They do funny songs, they do talkie songs, they do singy songs. That's what it kind of feels like to me. It's here, Yeah, so yeah, it's good.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know THO song the reason Archay Yeah, e Riley. I was talking about your on social media. I didn't know you're gonna be here, and at one point I was like, I want everybody to make sure that they know this is a compliment. But I was talking about how your everybody knows you're a star and you have a lot of hits, and but I don't think people understand the amount of megastar you are at shows. Meaning what I compared it to is you have a lot of number one songs, a lot, and you have a very successful career. But any other people that I know that have had that many number one songs, they don't have the crowds that you have. And I was talking about the only other artist I've seen do it like this kind of low key megastar it is Kane Brown, who it took forever for people to understand the Caine had built this following that it was selling out arena's until people are like, oh yeah, I can't. But that's you now, and I think what you're doing is on such a level and people don't even understand the level that's on right now. And I just want to congratulate you and celebrate you because you are. You're killing it. So I was talking about you a little bit on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I took it as a compliment regardless of how you meant it when I heard it, So I appreciate the kind words and it's man, it's it's it's a wild time. I think it has to do with a lot of putting out a lot of music. You know, I've got a lot of songs that haven't been on the radio that people seem to know. And you know, the song with l is a great example of you just never know what somebody's gonna latch onto.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought the chorus was catchy, you know, in the in the song and maybe it'd be a little bit of an earworm, but to see it be as big of a song as is just proved you never know. And uh, you know, writing from where you come from and hopefully people can relate to it. And I think that's what Ella does really well. And uh, it's working really well. For us right now. So I'm blessed to be out here doing it.
Speaker 5: Are you? Are you on the road every weekend? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I was on the road today.
Speaker 5: You are on the road. Wake up, wake up now.
Speaker 10: I had to come play a guitar gig today for.
Speaker 7: Guitar players.
Speaker 5: That's how big the song is.
Speaker 1: I'm playing guitar for Ella Langley.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Ella's album is out. It's it's called Hungover. It came out in August. So hopefully you hear this song. And what it does is you go, oh, I like that. Let me go check out some other stuff. And that's the great thing about something popping is that people check out the other stuff. If I was playing yeah, and Riley Green, maybe you've heard of him a big deal.
Speaker 6: So does the line work, though.
Speaker 5: It depends what the depends with the girl looks like I drunk, the guy is. That's generally what I'm waiting to hear about.
Speaker 13: Like you know, you're that pickup line? Got us married? Yes, I'm ready for that, or you just you see this kid right here, it's like.
Speaker 5: You except it's like you say, this kid, we're not married, but thank you? I said that. Yeah, Ella Riley, thank you guys for coming in. Appreciate congratulations, looking forward to Elis and a whole lot more thanks there they are, Ellen Riley, good job.
Speaker 4: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Has claimed that he is a big loser. After a really big Arkansas loss, he tweeted some things and they came on the show and was like, guys, I'm a huge loser and none of us agree with that, but he feels that way.
Speaker 2: And maybe if you're also a massive.
Speaker 3: Sports fan and have a really big love for a certain team, you're gonna feel the same way Bobby feels sometimes.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 5: I made a deal with myself this year. I'm like, I had this moment. I'm an adult man. I've got to stop relying too much on investing like heart, soul into how my teams do. And I really have like two teams, the Arkansas razorback in the Chicago Cubs, and very much I put it all into Arkansas. I'm talking about time, energy, effort, money, And I think I've said it before. I think it's because as a kid, the only consistency I had in my life as we got moved all over and I lived with different people. We'd go from the trailer park to an apartment for a minute. The only consistency I had was I knew once Saturdays, Arkansas play football and TV and it was on free TV, and I have cable would it'd always be there for me. It was the only thing. And so, and that sounds a bit dramatic, but that's kind of what in therapy, like why I think I get so emotional about it? And I like Oklahoma State as a program. We got, we whooped their butts first half and had everything not gone wrong completely got we lost, and I was just gone for the whole weekend gone everything went wrong.
Speaker 6: Meaning in the game or your weekend, well both.
Speaker 5: Because of the game. Like it was like I'm sorry, nalts, drop balls, time management. It wasn't a single player, it wasn't anything. It was just overall. It was like the second half they were like, boy, we already got this. We're good. Anyway, I was miserable. I hated it. I hated it. You want to hear my statement, my official statement I put out because I was hard. People texted me, okay, yeah, and I'm gonna read this. I'm gonna stop talking about it because it's gonna make me so mad again. This is my official statement. I am a loser. I've been a loser in my whole life. I'm a loyal loser, but one nonetheless trying to come to terms that I might also be this exact loser the duration of my life. I am shocked and sad when things happen over and over again. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that this is me? I am the problem.
Speaker 6: Wait, that is your I don't think you do this.
Speaker 5: I did do it because I can't. I shouldn't be upset when this happens to be every single time.
Speaker 10: You never reference the razor.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I thought at the beginning of this, you said you're I'm going to impact you.
Speaker 5: It is, though, more than ever, this one more than ever, because it was like a fundamental It wasn't a single player, It wasn't a single player messing up. It was every and so I I questioned everything that I do and live in every way I live life. That's all I'm done. I'm even done talking about it. This is a me thing because why do I do this to myself? Whenever I never win. I'm not a winner when it comes to sports. I don't pick teams that win.
Speaker 6: Why don't we focus on what you do win?
Speaker 5: But I'm never going to change. I'm just going to be a loser forever.
Speaker 6: One thing.
Speaker 5: I will be loyal to the Arkansas Razorbacks until I die, and I will die bitter.
Speaker 10: You won Dancing with a Star.
Speaker 5: That's true. I would rather win a national championship. I would run.
Speaker 8: What absolutely no, I mean, I guess regards that, but I'm thinking of other things in your life.
Speaker 5: This is the thing won a national championship. If I could win a national championship and fire all you guys, good luck with your new jobs.
Speaker 10: I don't need to do all that.
Speaker 6: One in the career. You've won in the life.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. It makes me so, it doesn't like it hurts, it physically hurts.
Speaker 10: You know, you win pickleball time.
Speaker 5: I never had a breakup.
Speaker 6: You win a lot of bets.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 10: That's true.
Speaker 5: I want a lot of money off that game because I knew if it's like plus ten, I was like, there's no way, it doesn't matter. I don't want talk about the game specifically because it makes me sick to my stomach. But what I want to say is it's on me anytime we continue to do something over and over again and we get the same result and we're like, yeah, I am insane. I am a loser. I will always be a loser. I am a loser.
Speaker 6: You're a loser.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 6: Guy, I think you should just join in.
Speaker 10: It sounds weird, but yeah, I do sound weird to call you a loser. Okay, man, we'll call you a loser.
Speaker 5: I am a loser theme song, don't you No. It's so anyway, I'm going to stop talking about it because I'm just all I'm gonna okay. My point was I've never been I never was in a breakup where I was like all sad. I never even really got broken up with because I never really got in a relationship and people would be like, man, when you break up, it physically hurts. Yeah, that's what it felt like.
Speaker 10: Your heart's hurting.
Speaker 5: Because we crushed them. It was over. It's over. We put a boot in there. Ah, it's the And then as we came out and I was like, the football, what shape is it? It's terrible, But it's not about the game. It's about me being a loser and continue to set myself up over and over again. And I donate a decent amount of money to the program. I almost text him be like I'm keeping my money. I didn't because I needed I need I needed a time, I needed to take some breaths. But I didn't.
Speaker 6: I'm so this like next weekend when they win, they're.
Speaker 5: Playing a team that's not any good. But it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. I don't, I don't, I don't base. I've never once been like this, as far as to the point where I was like just on the edge. I've been upset and rage full, but never like this. Okay, I gotta get it. I have to go.
Speaker 9: If they would have lost from the beginning, would you have been better?
Speaker 5: Yeah, much better. Okay, if we'd have just got outclassed or outplayed. But it was like they fell apart more than I've ever seen in the history of my life. You know.
Speaker 8: I declared that I was going to try to get more into sports and get be more of a Titans fan, And when they lost this weekend, I really tried to get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet a lot of I bet a lot on them and plus four and they blew at the into the game. Will Levis does even play quarterback? Does he even know? I told football? No he did? He No, it doesn't even play football. Should he have been kicking? Should he been playing kicker? I'm taking that out on him because the Arkansas lost. Anyway, I have to go right get me out here.
Speaker 4: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 3: And I know I've seen all the comments about this segment when it aired of oh this is voodoo, You're crazy, what are you talking about? But I got an energy massage and it was a really great experience for me, and I'm feeling a whole lot better, which I couldn't have told you that a month ago. So I'm telling you this energy massage was a game changer for me. And maybe just maybe keep your mind a little open as you listened to the segment.
Speaker 4: Number four, I've never heard of such thing.
Speaker 5: We could tell Morgan if we think she's a weirdo or not, but she had an energy massage. I don't know what an energy massage was. I don't know what's the energy massage.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys, remember the lady who helped me get my smell back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, COVID and she rubbed like your nose or something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He did like cupping in fascia massage on my face and it's the same. But she also helped you know, I went through my breakup and I had a lot of bad energy in my body and she's like, I need to come work on you.
Speaker 2: I think this would be really good for you. And she did. There's there's two things that happened.
Speaker 5: Does she actually touch you or does she put her hands over you?
Speaker 3: She was massaging my body, Okay, something.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: So apparently your stomach hides in times of stress, so like if you stop eating, your stomach literally goes up underneath your rips so you don't feel hunger pains.
Speaker 5: Is that like when ninjas pushed their testicles into their body so they have no vulnerabilities. Yes, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 6: You have to physically push them up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. It's what ninja does. Ninjas are real, so I can understand if you have anxiety, while your stomach would tighten, a lot of our body parts do different things when okay, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Yes, So she literally worked on massaging my stomach and got my stomach to move back to where it was supposed to be, and literally immediately after, my stomach started growling like it had it had food and weak which it hadn't, and I was like, immediate hungry.
Speaker 5: Okay, now that I believe it doesn't feel energy related, that feels physical related from stress. And she probably actually pushed part of your stomach, so that to me, that doesn't seem weird though that's not energy related.
Speaker 2: But it was part of the energy massage.
Speaker 5: Of course it was part of it.
Speaker 3: And then also in my so in my like liver and kidney right down in my side, it felt like I had this giant just not like there was just a ball, and every time she touched it it was super painful.
Speaker 2: And she was like, no, I'm you know, I'm gonna hold onto this for a little bit.
Speaker 3: And as she did, it was like my emotions were starting to release, Like I started hysterically laughing, and I was like, nothing's funny, not crying, No, I was hysterically laughing.
Speaker 5: Point, why not think that.
Speaker 2: Just like holding it like pressure pressure on it?
Speaker 5: What part of your body?
Speaker 3: Again, it was right in my like liver kidney area, I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm like literally just holding onto it.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you don't, she went.
Speaker 2: She was not tickling me.
Speaker 5: But you can hear Eddie's point though, because it isn't a takle place.
Speaker 2: It is, but I'm not super tiiculous right there anyway. So she literally was just.
Speaker 3: Like holding her hand on it, and I am just sitting there like his like something somebody just told me the funniest joke of my entire life. And then after the laughing pass, I start bawling, like it was just like things were just coming out of my body.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 5: Should you take like a mystery pill beforehand?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: No, And I'm like I'm crying. She's like, okay, we're gonna sit here for a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: And then it just kind of subsides and it goes away, and I was like, what was that?
Speaker 3: And She's like, yeah, you had like a ball of literally your body was protecting you of like all these emotions and you needed to let it out.
Speaker 5: So you your stomach came out from hiding. Yep, you laughed hysterically, then you cried. Then you're normal now is it over?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 3: Then it's like okay. She's like, Okay, you're an Aura. Do you believe in aura's? Everybody has an aura?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: An energy?
Speaker 5: Sure, ish, you're starting to sell like Amy, I know a different Amy Sisan. I'd say, but yes, we're getting there, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: So she was like, when you're when you're really depleted and things are really hard in your life, you will suck energy in and like you take everything on. She's like, but now, like since we've kind of worked that those emotions out of your body, She's like, now you're pushing everything out and you're back to being like your normal self, and like the energy is going out.
Speaker 11: Instead of in.
Speaker 5: Okay, and then so what happens? Did you? Like you leave in your a new person?
Speaker 2: I really felt like I was. I genuinely did.
Speaker 3: Like I felt like I was kind of walking on clouds. It was like my I just was having a very out of body experience.
Speaker 5: I had to prove that any of this is wrong, by the way, and I'm not. It's just to me, I've not had it happen, so it's hard for me to go, Wow, you can get pushed in the side and laugh and cry. I've never had that happen, and I'm not trying to be a hater. We're just making jokes here. Did anything happen afterward?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: So I went to a pool with a girlfriend and guys, I'm not kidding you. I cannot make this up if I wanted to a guy. No, I really couldn't.
Speaker 2: Like the girl. My friend was sitting next to me and convouch, what this happened?
Speaker 3: This guy straight up came up to me and was like, I really love your energy. Something about you is just really awesome.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, guys just say that.
Speaker 5: Okay, question, are you in a swimsuit?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, talking about your energy?
Speaker 2: That just happened.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, he's your energies. You're putting off a hotness.
Speaker 3: I've never had a guy count anything about my energy.
Speaker 5: This is coincidence.
Speaker 8: We do have energies about us, Like I do think that people pick up, Like if you someone walks in the studio with a bad mood, we feel it mood?
Speaker 5: Can it be an energy? Can be interchangeable? I agree, Yeah, I agree with every I said. I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I just it's hard to me to agree with it because I've never actually seen it, and the coincidence of him saying energy, but were you were you in a bikini? Yeah, okay, I think a lot of guys would have been into the energy of No, that's a good energy feeling that energy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm a girl, and you could have come up and just been like, hey, like you're super cute, let's talk.
Speaker 2: But instead he came up to me and said, I really love your energy.
Speaker 5: Like that's what you say to somebody who's half naked without addressing Yeah, you're like, hey, your smiles great, or you have a great energy, or your stomach looks like it just came out of hiding. What did it?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 5: What is it? What does this call mean? Is that a lot?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But she actually came to do she had seen the post about my announcement. She's like, I actually I just want to come work on you. I want you to feel better. She didn't charge me.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, maybe hold on, maybe there's a crush happening. No, okay, now he's going to fantasies. Thank you. But you believed that that helped your energy?
Speaker 4: I know it did.
Speaker 3: Like, guys, I'm telling you, I had an out of body experience that I cannot explain.
Speaker 5: Crying into laughing or laughing at the crying as bazaar. Sure, but if so, that's awesome, Like I'm sure, but there's also thinks about a body we have no idea about, what the science doesn't even know about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that can happen, but have died.
Speaker 10: I cried and laughed too.
Speaker 5: You don't know what pushing you in?
Speaker 10: No massage me.
Speaker 4: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 3: Raw dogging sweatshirts. Yes, this was a very real topic on our show. Eddie brought it because his wife was making fun of him for not wearing a shirt under one of his sweatshirts, and then it became a whole debate like how do guys typically wear sweatshirts?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: A little bit different for ladies because you know, those no broad days. I really enjoy just wearing a shirt and not having to have anything underneath.
Speaker 2: But maybe it's different for guys.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what this whole debate turned into. And then it also turned into like a pants debate. And I'm not even gonna say that other word associated with that so here you go.
Speaker 5: Number three, the dumb question for the room, brought to us by Eddie. Can you raw dog a sweatshirt? Do you raw dog a sweatshirt?
Speaker 2: What that was?
Speaker 5: Well, I've I've never thought about this, Eddie, So give you a question like, when you wear.
Speaker 10: A sweatshirt, do you wear an undershirt underneath?
Speaker 5: Or you just raw dog raw dog like skin on raw.
Speaker 6: I guess I do, so I don't have to have an undershirt.
Speaker 5: If that's so. Where does this come from? Though?
Speaker 12: I was putting on my sweatshirt and my wife, I guess, was in the room and she's like, what do you You're not putting undershirt in that? And I didn't think about it, but I guess all my young life I used to wear undershirts and somewhere in the middle I just said, nascrew it.
Speaker 10: I want to raw dog it.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I have a real feeling on this either way, because she says, like it itches if you don't wear an under shirt, Yeah, that I agree with. And I would say some sweatshirts, if they do it, I'll row I'll not raw dog, but some if they feel fine, I'll raw dog it up right? I guess I never even thought about the question.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my wife's only brought it up.
Speaker 5: Like today, I have on this is on a sweatshirt. It's kind of like a sweater. It's kind of like a sweater with a little little zip on it. I have an undershirt on it because the sweater gets my little I have one percent chest hair, like almost none, but it does get caught up in there.
Speaker 10: The little zipper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the little chest hair ow. So just generally speaking, raw Dog a sweatshirt, Amy, Yes, I say yes too. I think mostly I just saw a sweatshirt on, unless it like lift, if I lift my arms and shows the bontom part on a belly, I'll put an undershirt on to make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 10: And you tuck in the undershirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I don't like a little part of a belly showing lunchbox.
Speaker 9: I never really raw Dog with a hoodie on because I feel like it is too itchy.
Speaker 5: Well, because you weren't five days in a row though, That's what I'm saying. I clean and also where I'm going, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like it may be cold when in the studio, but when I leave the studio, it's hot outside, so I want.
Speaker 5: To take the sweatshirt off. What if I change?
Speaker 9: So if I raw dog it, I don't have a shirt underneath and I can't take it off, then I'm sweating. So no raw dog for me.
Speaker 5: So two raw dogs one, No, I'm raw dogging now. Wow you are?
Speaker 10: Yeah, dude, it.
Speaker 5: Does seem kind of white trash though.
Speaker 10: It is a little bit, and I guess that's where my wife is coming back.
Speaker 5: That's why I do it too. When I say it on you, I'm like, eh, And it almost be like not wearing underwear under jeans.
Speaker 10: Right, some people do that.
Speaker 5: That's that's over the lines.
Speaker 10: I want here to do that, but here's no, Okay, I don't either.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that hurt? It's not even that to me. It's that I drive. I dribble. See, there's a lot of reasons I don't want my dribble to get in my dinum like, that's that real reason. And it's just very light dribble.
Speaker 6: That's why I don't understand my y'all. Don't pat No I do.
Speaker 5: That doesn't meaning you still don't dribble a little bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's hard to explain it. I understand.
Speaker 5: And also like that denim's rough. It's like it's not smooth holding her face right now, No, I get it.
Speaker 2: It's conversation of the dribble, really, but.
Speaker 5: It's also you girls don't have to worry about that. You can wear jeans with no underwear because you don't have anything.
Speaker 6: No, I don't really like that, and that's.
Speaker 5: Fine, but you don't have anything that the texture of the denim would actually be affecting. Right, So raw dog sweat sure, yes, raw dog pants no. And not because really the paint that, but because the dribble.
Speaker 12: I haven't even thought about raw dog and pants never never crossed my mind.
Speaker 5: I'll wear shorts if I don't have underwear. No, that's fine, Like that's not ok just because I'm so anti dribble. I will wear gym shorts underneath pants. If oh I thought you may you wear just shorts no underwear. No, no, okay, I wouldn't even do that because I don't people see it, like I don't want to sit down and somebody be like he look at that, like the little guy.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, morning, everybody, morning.
Speaker 4: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Thunder I don't feel like I had that beat, right, You get the point.
Speaker 2: Well, Thunder from down Under.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox is supposed to be going to two of the shows after he was on the wheel of punishment for losing.
Speaker 2: A game, and now he's saying he can't go.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure how this is gonna work out because this is a punishment that he's supposed to fulfill. But now he's saying, guys, I can't make it, so maybe no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: Thunder number two's this.
Speaker 5: It's a mail review for all these dudes. They take off the clothes, they dance on underwear. It's called Thunder down Under. If you go to Vegas, you go. But it also tours and Lunchbox lost a game and he has to go to Thunder down Under for two days in a row and sit close to the front and Scooba, we had contacted him, right, like he's set up to at least go to that.
Speaker 15: Yes, he set up for that and a lot of other special things that will happen.
Speaker 5: When he's there.
Speaker 6: Tell us more about special things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't need I don't want to special things. He lost and now he must pay his punishment. Which is under down under the all male review, which is going to be so many ladies there though, Lunchbox it will be. It'll be all probably ninety three percent ladies, Oh for sure. So Lunchbox and out scooback you already.
Speaker 6: You can't go Wait what what for.
Speaker 15: The one I put in the calendar? You can't go to that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got hold one.
Speaker 15: I spent weeks talking with this guy working on all these things.
Speaker 5: What guy the guy who's the person who's.
Speaker 15: Setting up the whole thing, he's a pr guy for it. They'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: So what's so why wouldn't you ask me what night I can go? Well, because window we talked about it on the show that there's a window is happening the window on the on the show we said the window, Yeah it's And then I send you a counter in by off every I take a breath, Lunchbox, what is your conflict?
Speaker 9: I have my co ed reck soccer game that night, and as the captain and the one that brings the jerseys. If I'm not there, the jerseys don't get delivered to the game. It causes chaos. So I mean my game is at eight fifteen that night, which I feel like is probably going to be right in the middle of thunder down under, so it looks like we have to cancel.
Speaker 6: No, he can get the jerseys to somebody else.
Speaker 5: I had to miss a Rex softball game. I didn't like to have to do it, but it was okay. Valid the first the keyward is wreck. This keyard is job.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, pays your bills, bread and butter.
Speaker 9: But I just can't let my team down, is what I'm saying. Yes, I don't know why I wasn't even in I.
Speaker 5: Was the star player.
Speaker 15: Are you Are you getting like lots of gold?
Speaker 5: Bring all the jerseys? Not that big of a start.
Speaker 6: It causes chaos if no, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Why there's chaos. If he brings orange slices and jerseys, gonna win.
Speaker 9: I just found it weird that I wasn't even consulted on what day. I said the day in the bit, we said it was in September.
Speaker 5: What day?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 15: We give you the window, and then I put in your calendar several days ago.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he had a calendar. No, no, he sends it in your email. Yeah he doesn't have a calendar, Scooba. But he goes to his Yeah, he gets it in an email.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, and it says, uh, Wednesday, September twenty fifth, Ah, I'm busy that day, man, I got commitments.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know what to do. My recommendation would be to fulfill this bet because it will only get worse if you don't. What do you mean worse? That's all I said. So I will leave it there. I'll let you guys handle this. Yeah later. But if for some reason, because you are an adult man, this is an adult job, although at times it's not. If you go to scuba and go off air, I cannot go to this because it is absolutely a priority to go to the soccer game. If you say that, even though we don't agree with you, you get you're an adult man to make an adult decisions. It will be worse for you if you don't go. Absolutely well, why can't I just go the next day?
Speaker 6: Because you have to go to two days in a row.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah you have, Yeah, you have to go two nights in a row. You kept using the game.
Speaker 9: I understand that, but there's days that I can not, Like, I go the next day in the day after that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 15: Excuse well, I've set up a specially this is a very special occasion for this particular day.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, the bet wasn't. The bet wasn't special occasion. The bet was I go and what I'm going to let you guys handle this. But for some reason it is not.
Speaker 5: It does not happen in the way that we think it should happen based on the results of the game. It will be much worse for the player. But it's up to you. We make our own decisions as adults. So no decision right now. I'll let you guys handle that. And I know you're reck So it's probably the championship game, No, I think it's like the fifth game of the regular season. Probably the game that determines playoffs. It's probably a determined if we get in or not. So it's like close to the end of the season. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's only seven games, you know what I mean. That's gonna be a pivotal stretch.
Speaker 9: Like you don't want to go in limping into the playoffs. You want to be playing your.
Speaker 5: Best and it is your key cog. You're the key cog, one of them. I think you will be able to see a lot of keycogs at the Old Thunder down Under as well multiple multiple key dogs.
Speaker 6: Really okay special one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll let you guys Australian. We'll let you guys handle that. Give me an update tomorrow the next day. Okay, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 4: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Miranda Lambert has a new album out, so she stopped by the studio and I always love when she comes in. She's so real Miranda and just every way will come in just exactly who she is, and she's honest and open and share some fun stories.
Speaker 2: But also one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: Parts is that she admitted she doesn't like doing encores and honestly, her reasoning makes sense.
Speaker 4: Number one so Bobby Bones Show Interviews in case you didn't know.
Speaker 5: Miranda, what we normally do is we do an intro before you walk in. We've never done this with somebody where you're already here. What would you say to people that don't know about you? What's what's something about you that they should know that they should know? Yeah, like very very basic, Like you're like so fundamental. That's one thing. She's from Texas. We're gonna do three. Yeah, I like this three fundamental things. She's from Texas. What's the second one?
Speaker 11: I rescue dogs.
Speaker 5: She rescued dogs, rescues dogs, Okay, and the third one?
Speaker 11: And I like Tito's.
Speaker 5: She likes Tito's. And now here's our interview with Miranda Lambert on.
Speaker 4: The Bobby Bone Show. Now, Miranda Lambert, good.
Speaker 5: To see Miranda. I was I was writing about you on Instagram. I know it never got to you, but I didn't tag you because it wasn't about that. But someone had asked me my favorite people to interview, and I was pretty honest, and there are a lot of my friends I didn't even mention. And now it was like compelling interviews. And I had different tiers and I only did like three tiers. And I put you in the tier of what even take a phoner from? Meaning we don't relate to a lot of phone call interviews. But if you're like I can't get there, I'll do it. I can be on the phone. I always say yes, like that's how much I love being able to talk with you. It's not thank you, You're welcome. And I also feel like your favorite thing is not doing interviews. Would that be accurate. Well, I mean, I like talking to you, and I like talking to you, and I don't like talking to everybody, but I would say, but I think that's part of the reason I like talking to you so much, because I feel like when you come in in the best way, like DJAF, we just talk, we do whatever, promotion, but you always give me really amazing honest answers. So that's why you didn't read it. But that's why I said that. And I really love when I get to talk to you, So thank you for coming in.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go look at it.
Speaker 5: It's gone. It's it's a story. It's a story, so it's dead.
Speaker 11: Well okay, well you just told me in person.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's even better than that story exactly. So let's do a little business first. The new album is out today. I got two questions. I'm going to have you say the names of the songs. There are two names of the songs. I'm not gonna say the first one. It started as A d in it. What was the name of that song, A d in it? It's called something Randy?
Speaker 11: Oh, yeah, can I say that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: The story, well, I was I went through some things that did that. I needed to like shd and let go of and that did not serve me. So it's kind of a song about to anybody that you kind of just need a moment to flip the bird too and then move on. And in my case, his name is Randy, so damn it, Randy came about.
Speaker 11: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 5: The second one is be on the sauce. You can say it.
Speaker 11: I love that you picked the two cuss word titles.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want me to talk about it, and we're talking about more, but I don't. I haven't cursed in years, not ice curse all the time. But I when I was doing stand up and writing books, I didn't want to lean, I would curse all the time, and I would use that as a comedy crutch. So I stopped saying bad words in general. But I love bad words, so that's why I'm not saying it. But I love it when people use bad words. That's my favorite thing. So bad words, also saying eight years old, you.
Speaker 11: Do bad words?
Speaker 5: Yes on the sauce, what's what's what's the official title on the sauce? And what does you give me? That that one?
Speaker 16: Because it's really I wrote it with Jaron Johnson out on the road and it was like kind of called just drunk and already have a song called drunk, So I was like, well, what other title can we use because one of my favorite lines and is as hard is the sauce that's gonna do?
Speaker 11: What to do? That's what it is.
Speaker 5: He's pretty awesome too. He's great, like in like eight different ways.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean Jaren does it all.
Speaker 16: He does the art, the business, the production, musicianship like he's he kills it.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite things on albums when they come out, I always am very curious about why track one? And and with you there fourteen tracks. I always like first and last track because there's always gotta be some discussion about what's first and what's last. There's always a discussion about what goes where in the flow, much like a said list. But I love first and last. But why number one? Like, what what's the idea?
Speaker 16: I just thought it set up the record in a really great way. My friend Aaron ray Tierra wrote that song and I just it was the first song I wanted to cut for the record because it I was making my album in Austin and I was like, this is.
Speaker 11: This is a very.
Speaker 16: Austin, Texas sounding song. It's about a hot armadilla, the titch hacking. So I mean, I just felt like it's fun. I always want humor on every record, and this was the moment for that.
Speaker 5: I've seen this song like ten times.
Speaker 11: You should have him come in here because he's real fun.
Speaker 5: You're walking, You're walking to come in, Aaron. That's so weird because when you were saying, I was like, I already know the words of this song.
Speaker 11: He's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's a really cool version of it. Okay, and then I want to do the last track, and again, is this cover?
Speaker 11: It's cover.
Speaker 16: It's the David Allen co song from like the seventies, and I just randomly I thought I knew like David Allen's cataloged pretty good in that song. I just found randomly and I was like, I want to cover this. I change a few lyrics, but I don't know. Like my last record, Palomino was all about travel and and sort of stories you find along the way and road trips, and then this record felt like coming home. But then living on the run feels like setting up for whatever. The next adventure is.
Speaker 5: A lot of home with this record, a lot of feeling like tech. You didn't record in Texas, right, Yeah, all.
Speaker 16: Of the first time to record a record in Texas since I was seventeen, my little independent record.
Speaker 11: I just felt like I got a.
Speaker 16: New label with Republic and Big Loud, and I felt like I just needed to go back to the route where it all started sound wise and art wise and just from my heart. Like so, and I have a house in Austin, so I'm there a lot anyway, but it just felt like, let's go back to like what inspired me to start this whole journey in the first place, which was I started twenty years ago.
Speaker 11: So it was it was really.
Speaker 5: Great fun fact all of us are from Austin. I'm from Arkansas, but we all met in Austin twenty years ago, did yeh came together? Yeah, Austin High Lunchbox Anders, Austin. That's where I started doing Knights and then met all these goobers as my friends.
Speaker 6: They congress.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, that's like I made this worker to Arlen, So that's crazy. I didn't even realize that we.
Speaker 5: Wrote a song about you thirteen years ago. She's gonna make it one day when we first started. We don't have it. We don't have the file.
Speaker 10: No, we don't.
Speaker 5: We lost but we lost that one.
Speaker 11: But I don't have to explain any of this record to y'all.
Speaker 5: You get it, No, yeah, oh yeah, for sure because we're all Austin is like.
Speaker 16: I know you're from arketsall, but I didn't realize that y'all all came together in Austin thirteen years?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 10: What us in Austin?
Speaker 6: What is that long you live there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We did the show together. Yeah, two years in Austin. Maybe let's make this about us thirteen years. Here's another question I haven't right here. I like when people do a song, they write a song by themselves. Usually there's like one if any, but usually if that happens, it's like one and it's like some sort of motivation inspiration that comes in. Somebody just grabs a guitar and goos, I need to write this. Now this happened, ray, would you play number seven?
Speaker 11: Run that song is?
Speaker 16: I wrote that song twenty fifteen the end of twenty fifteen, and it was like I needed to write it at the time because I needed to get it to say that all and put it on paper, and it was just a rough time for me personally, and I just hadn't really found a home for it until this record, Like I think going home and sort of being like starting back at the root of it all. It felt like it landed on this record better than it would have any other record, and I was ready to sing it. Like sometimes you hold things close. I think it's important to do that. Like every song you writes not for the world at all, the moments, you know, I think they can find their moments, especially when it's a song that's really personal. I think it's important to save it till it's time to put it out for the world.
Speaker 5: You know, have you had any songs And if the answer is yes, you did not have to elaborate on it that you've put out. And it was so personal that you never actually told the real story behind it. You kind of gave like a secondary story because you were like, I really don't want tell the real story, but I want to get this out because it's for me.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And I think, you know, I think the song tells its own story. And if you're honest enough in the lyrics, people can I mean, my whole record, Wait of these Wings was like super honest, and it was like twenty something songs, know, and it was like, I don't really have any more story to tell. It's all here, It's all on tape.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: That's the beauty of being a songwriter. It's like we're lucky because.
Speaker 16: We can say it in a way that it has a melody behind it and sort of it's you know, it's therapy.
Speaker 11: It's like written in a diary.
Speaker 6: And then your therapy becomes other people's therapy.
Speaker 11: That's what we hope.
Speaker 6: I mean, they hear.
Speaker 8: Themselves like they if they have a similar story, they can resonate the I don't know some songs, I just picture what the artists must be like or the writer. But then also then I start to insert myself and my picture reel of my brain is my story if I relate.
Speaker 11: Which is what is the point?
Speaker 16: I mean, that's exactly what I would want you to say it, you know, for being able to write a song that somebody can go that's my story too.
Speaker 11: It's like that's why we do it, you know, because we don't want to fill alone.
Speaker 16: We want to know everybody's going through haus and lows, just like we're just people.
Speaker 11: Like everybody else, you know.
Speaker 16: So I think it's important to have, you know, a lot of different kinds of songs on a record, because there's humor, and there's sadness, and there's nostalgia, and there's stories that are all we'ved in that hopefully we all have can find something to relate to in the lyric.
Speaker 5: I don't want this question to feel like it's praying, So I'm going to give you my example before I ask you your example, which, by the way, Miranda's record today, Postcards from Texas, it is. It's out today, so go stream it. I have a comedy special coming out later this year, and it's not pure comedy. And there's a story I told every single night, and I choked up telling it because it was a very emotional story for me to tell, because a lot of my show isn't just jokes. There's a lot of live stuff. And like I probably told the story ten times, and like I either choked up or would like have a tear or almost start crying every single time. Yeah, And it was I just thought I would numb to it. Honestly, I thought that after four I would just be like, oh, I've told it. It just rents and repeat to where I'm not going to be emotional telling and that never happened. I was shocked that I couldn't become numb to the same and I started choking even thinking about it. Now, does that happen with any of your music or can you separate yourself from something that you wrote that was so emotional?
Speaker 16: You know it has happened, especially like when you're in the thick of something hard whatever it is, like, you know, and that's art though, that's like, you know, when I was having a really rough personal time, I was on stage and I would just like sometimes break down and be like, oh, I'm having a rough one today, But like that's just you know, we're artists and we're humans, and I feel like it's better to show your cards on that than try to like be something you're not every time. And like on House That Built Me, I didn't write that, but like somebody cries every night, so then I cried, like cry once a weekend. And I've been singing that song for so long. But it's like it's amazing what just people being real can do. It moves people emotionally, and that's important, especially with music.
Speaker 5: I think and going back to somethingname you said, something you guys are talking about. I think too, even if the song, if you wrote it, or whomever writes a song, means something. I think we all find even if sometimes we insert our story that has nothing to do with the song, we just feel like it has to do with the song, and it's kind of a therapy session because we don't really know what the song's about. It's we're able to insert a story that is not even exactly what you wrote it about, but it feels like it is fday, like even tonally.
Speaker 16: Find a common denominator like put yourself because it is there's got to be a piece that's moving you emotionally. Something in there got you, you know, even Armadilla like it's silly but really got me. I believed in it, you know.
Speaker 5: I remember the first time I saw the video of Armadil, I laughed. That was so he was playing on a small stage. I don't know where it was. It wanted like the little Austin. Yeah, like restaurants that that's so funny. That's the first one. Top three cities in Texas go.
Speaker 11: Top three cities in Texas well.
Speaker 16: Lynndale my home it's not a city.
Speaker 11: Yeah for Earth. I love the stock Yards, it's my favorite.
Speaker 16: I had my fortieth birthday at Billy Bobb's on a Monday when they were closed.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a show for your fortieth. You literally had your birthday there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 16: They let me have the building because I've been playing there for so long, and I had Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers Adam Hood come play.
Speaker 11: It was super fun with line danced.
Speaker 6: It was super fun, s awesome.
Speaker 5: Do you pay them for that?
Speaker 11: They didn't make me pay.
Speaker 5: That's cool. That's a birthday present.
Speaker 11: That's birthday present. That's the prose of We and Friends.
Speaker 5: October fifth, you're doing the music for Mutts, Yes, which is the show where you're raising money for animals, which is something you've been very consistent out over the years in such a giving way. What what's to deal with this show? Because I don't where is it, I don't have.
Speaker 16: The Oh got a sind and I've got guest stars coming to do songs, and you know, I haven't done a real fundraiser, just straight out fundraiser show for my nation in a while, because we were doing where we would you know, every ticket sold for Vegas. We were given a dollar to monation. So I'm excited because it's my passion.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 16: We talk about it every time and thank you for always talking about rest.
Speaker 5: Well it's mine too, or I just I would just do something else. I mean, there's a lot of stuff talk about.
Speaker 11: I have a just it's awesome.
Speaker 16: And it's like, you know, friends that give up their time come sing some songs to save some dogs. Like it's just it's so important, you know, And I feel like if I have a platform, I'm always going to try to use it for giving a voice to the voiceless and for you know, we all find our charities that are really close to us, but the sweet little animals are for sure my passion.
Speaker 5: It's always easier to make the ask two to your friends to do something if it's for charity. It's like a show in town.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you could trade we trade off, you know.
Speaker 5: It's like rappers, Yeah, go my song, get on yours? Yeah exactly, except it's not at all charity charity. Miranda's album Postcards from Texas is out today. I'm going to ask you a really vague, dumb question today, what's your favorite song record today?
Speaker 11: My favorite song on the record is probably dam It Randy.
Speaker 5: And what is your favorite song from your catalog that's been a hit? Right now? Oh god, right now.
Speaker 11: Right now. Favorite song that's been a hit.
Speaker 5: Little Red Wagon, that's fun. That's probably like good energy too, right.
Speaker 16: I look forward to it at the end of It's always at the end of the show, and I'm like, oh, that's fun.
Speaker 5: What's your encore song?
Speaker 11: I don't do encores. It's weird. Everybody knows.
Speaker 16: You just go off the stage and then you're like, wait, all clap louder, and then I'm coming back, and then everybody's leaving to go the car.
Speaker 11: I'm just like, we just do our show and then it's over. Okay, but it's like by y'all know, you've got to get home.
Speaker 5: Hypothetically, let's say they wouldn't leave the lights already on. That's how I know there's no long core with any band. I don't like encores either, Like, as soon as it's over, turned the lights up, so everybody knows.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm like house music and means let's go.
Speaker 5: I'm like lights up house music. O.
Speaker 11: My sound go's todd and almost like Todd roll the Bean footage.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're done. Bean, it's odd.
Speaker 17: But theoretically, let's say, hypothetically, theoretically, all theoctically is let's say that lights come on the house of music up, but the crowd will not move, and they're like, we demand one more song or we're not feeding our dogs, Like nobody's gonna go and feed their dogs.
Speaker 5: Okay, well theyn not have to get you have to go out and do one other song.
Speaker 16: That's ever happened because it's country music. And they're like, well, that was great, we love you, see you next time. But I would just go out there and do one by myself, like a Hag song or something like I have done that before back in the day, like at bars when they're alrowdy and they're like one more, Like go just do.
Speaker 11: One by myself.
Speaker 5: Let's do Mount Rushmore a favorite artists of all time. None of them can be from Texas.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, well, dang it.
Speaker 5: I know I got to catch off there because I knew where you'd go because obviously we know who you love.
Speaker 16: Me Emmy Lou Right, she's not Hag. He's really not from Texas. I mean he was in the region, but.
Speaker 11: Gosh, that's hard.
Speaker 5: We got two, I got two.
Speaker 11: Let me see, there's so many that I can't use.
Speaker 5: Now, that's why I want to make we.
Speaker 11: Grow good down there.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 11: How about kicks and Ronnie?
Speaker 5: But that's only one though in Ronnie's Oklahoma, Texas are it's too close. You know, I'll give you. I will give you that.
Speaker 11: Can I have WILLI please have Willy? Can I have kicks?
Speaker 5: And Willy give her Willy bo? Okay, you've probably nine people on this thing. We're gonna be chipping away all day long on this this note rush.
Speaker 11: Too many, there's way too many. I can't say doors straight. I could put Dolly. Oh yeah, let's put rebup there too.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is not clay, this is rock. We can't just mold it with our hands. Miranda, you're oh, let me ask you his final question. You are the best. I mean it, sincerely. I love when you come. Thank you so and I know you know you don't have to be cool when you are cool. You're at that stage of your career where you're still you're such an icon where you can just show up and mail it in and everybody's happy to have you. And I'm glad. Thank you for not doing that.
Speaker 16: No, I washed my hair today and that's a big deal. It's a whole I like drove into work today with a coffee, like I had a real job.
Speaker 6: How many days can you go?
Speaker 16: No harrold Oh, I mean I try to really stretch it. Yeah, Like it depends on the five shows.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 11: If I get all sweaty at shows, I'm like, well it's over.
Speaker 6: I made it eight days one and I'm I know it's like a big moment. Well it's a thing.
Speaker 16: So anyway, all that to say, I got up, got ready and try to look the part today.
Speaker 11: We first time I was in here, I was like kind of raggedy. I came off the road and like I had and braids.
Speaker 5: Okay, we like that. Yeah, like all versions. Okay, final final question, because I had listed you as one of my favorite people to talk to other you take me out of it. Who's your favorite person to interview you other than me?
Speaker 16: Ooh, you know I love Kelly Bannon. Yeah, she is like so fun to talk to and I feel like we just have girl time and it's on the radio. Yeah sometimes and I'm like, oh, maybe we should have settled up.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's a good answer. I ask you, your favorite person to interview them is other than me? No, exactly. That's how I to im a good interview as I'm the best favorite. That's why I'm her number one, number one, number one, Miranda, Thank you everybody. Postcards from Texas. It is out today and it's fourteen tracks. But go and say, listen to it all the way through once and then do your deciding.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all the way through it would be great. We're still romantic.
Speaker 5: About it, even just once, even just one.
Speaker 16: It's only forty two minutes. Because I've timed it. It's forty two minutes. You've got forty two minutes.
Speaker 5: Was that a thing where you go, Okay, if we do this, we can put as many tracks, but we don't want it to be seventy three minutes like.
Speaker 11: It's a lot. People don't have that kind of commitment.
Speaker 5: I agree, which is why I would encourage people to just to go through it all the way one time and then make your decisions. Yeah, Brandon, thank you, you are a plus the best and we will see you soon.
Speaker 11: Thank y'all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two and now you're all caught up on the Bobby Bone Show from this week, so go check out part one, Part three this weekend with Amy and if you've already listened to those, then you can check out my new podcast, Take This Personally. I had on a career coach named Ashley who talked about Lily throughout a career and how to make a fulfilling life. And then I also brought on Carrie Underwood's hair and makeup stylists of the last eighteen years and she shared how they got together and her story of quitting high school to.
Speaker 7: Chase a dream.
Speaker 3: So really fun stuff over there if you're kind of in a career situation and you're just not sure what to do. And now it's time for me to go take an out because you know, two podcasts the show.
Speaker 2: A lot's going on.
Speaker 3: Lately, but we love it. I hope you guys have a great weekend. Be safe, lovey bye.
Speaker 4: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 6: Show and follow ed web girl Morgan
Speaker 4: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.