Speaker 1: What's that at the Bed's spooky? Hey, Judy, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I.
Speaker 1: Said, Nanda's.
Speaker 3: Collease hey boo, it's me Raz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's my favorite. A listener phone call extravaganza. What a perfect way to end this year. As always, if you want to be on a listener phone call episode, are you gonna do? Send me an email Ghosted by Raz at email dot com. Subject line listener episode. If you write like, oh, I have ghost stories, that's fine, but you know when it's time for a listener episode of the travel Gown. So we're looking for the word listener in the subject line. Okay, so you're right, listener episode and then you just give like one sentence bullet points of what your stories are like, and then that way we can look through and find listeners. You guys, it's the holidays and we will be taking off next week and the next week. It's something we do every year, and don't you worry, babe, We're going to be back with a bang in the new year, so you'll be in my heart. I hope to be in yours as well. If you're really missing me, I don't know. Maybe maybe you could go watch my YouTube channel well raz Hernandez the Haunted Doll. If you're looking for a holiday gift last minute, probably your best bet for me would be a cameo. I'm on cameo. You just type in my name, you'll find me. I'll send a message to your loved one or you know, you can always check out our merch at the exactly right merch store. We've got a cute enamel pin. We've got a sweater. I sell polaroids of myself on my Etsy which is linked in my link tree. There's options. But anyway, let's talk to some listeners. God, I love talking to listeners. This first one is Haley, and Haley has had experiences with everything. We even get a bigfoot. So let's hand it on over to Haley and with the show. I'm for Hailey from Alabama.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, Okay you, according to this email I received, you are the ultimate triple threat, honey, because you've got UFO, Bigfoot, and ghosts.
Speaker 2: I do it all, I do it all.
Speaker 1: You could do it all that is, Uh, there's diversity in these stories. You are well rounded in your paranormal experiences. Which one do we start with? I gotta hear Bigfoot? Can we start with Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I will say being a triple threat.
Speaker 4: I come from northwest Florida, and I know everyone has heard of Florida Man.
Speaker 2: And that's probably why we have so many stories. It's been a lot going on.
Speaker 4: So when I was nineteen, I was transferring to Florida State, and like at your average nineteen year old, I wasn't really.
Speaker 2: Thinking through what I was doing.
Speaker 4: When I was registering for my classes, and my hometown is about an hour from Tallahassee. I send up for a seven am class in Tallahassee, which is on Eastern Time, not realizing that was a six am Central Time class. So I was leaving my house every day I had to be out by four forty five am.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know how I did it, honestly, Actually I didn't a lot of time. But one of the day when I was.
Speaker 4: On the road, you have to pass through hense forests to get to the interstate, and it's we had been eclectrical and national forests and it was one.
Speaker 2: Morning, it was like four thirty four to forty five.
Speaker 4: I was driving through and all of a sudden, I see something coming from the right out of the forest, kind of like into the road, and it looked at me. We made eye contacts, and it was a sick but I swear to gone a standing by that till the day I die.
Speaker 1: Tell me what I look like.
Speaker 4: It was what you would expect, I guess whenever people say it, just like super tall, Harry, just I don't know, you're as age generic, just good old fashioned, you know, all is reliable. And we locked eyes and it chilled me to my core. I was like terrified because I knew that I had seen something that I wasn't supposed to see. And all I can like compare it to is if you saw like a huge crime going down and the people that were committing that crime, like you guys locked eyes and they knew that.
Speaker 1: You saw what they were doing, like witness protection.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I started crying. I was calling my mom and she was like, don't call me, just early.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: There was no sympathy, but it was a memory like I will never forget it, and I've told my wife about that.
Speaker 4: I sway right, and she's just like, you know, I believe it's out there, but not in Florida, but in the Athletesiclon National Forest.
Speaker 2: He has come shore where.
Speaker 1: But so you you know, it was not a bear.
Speaker 2: It was no, it was not a bear. So I've seen bears several times. We have a lot of like black bears, and it was not.
Speaker 1: It was not a bear, like a more human face.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And he was standing straight upright and it had you know, those long arms and kind of like the big steps and swinging arms.
Speaker 2: And it was truly the.
Speaker 4: Most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my entire life because I knew that I was not supposed to see it, and it.
Speaker 1: Locked eyes with you to see this could have been like a round com It could have this bigfoot was falling in love with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you could have seen me in the car looking like I looked, I think he would have just turned away so quickly.
Speaker 2: But he couldn't tell because of the headlights.
Speaker 4: And that's where I really was able to connect for just a minute because he couldn't see what I looked like.
Speaker 2: Inside.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Uh Okay, So we got bigfoot. Yeah, let me hear about an alien or a UFO situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, So these are the crazy stories that you're like, no one's gonna believe me when I say this, and it makes you want to not tell people because there's anything that you're crazy.
Speaker 1: And so I get it, I get it. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you enough to just worry about me. Like, so't I don't need to add this in.
Speaker 4: And so I was talking to my cousin, Caitlin, and she was talking about how her and her then boyfriend had gone out. They were in pen northwest Florida, driving around like hunting, and they were going out of the hunting leaves and they were just kind of chining and seeing if they have like any deer that were kind of like showing up out there, and they saw this strange light in the sky. And we do have a little airport in town, and they'll do a lot of kind of like army training exercises and so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what they always say.
Speaker 4: Well, they'll give you a heads up and say like hey, we're doing these exercises or we're you know, doing stuff out in the woods, or we're you know, doing a little practice man hunting situation. There's always something going on. But they saw the same in the sky, and the way that it was moving was just not average at all, and it would kind of go vertical a little bit and then kind of horizontal and just stay there.
Speaker 2: And her boyfriend had this huge like maghlighte and just shined.
Speaker 4: It up at that to see if they if they could see anything any kind of detailer you know, how big it was. And immediately when they did that, it like flashed its lights and just went off like completely black. And we were talking about and she said that she was like killed to the bone. She knew like that wasn't right. We were not up just to see that, and so we both had that same kind of experience where you've seen something that you knew was not meant for you to see, and that just fear of oh my god, are they.
Speaker 2: Going to come for me?
Speaker 4: She was sharing that, and that was what finally let me be like, okay, let me tell you about Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Something about your family, you guys are or maybe you are supposed to see it.
Speaker 2: I well.
Speaker 4: And then this was you know, obviously before the government released all the information about aliens, and so after that it all came out.
Speaker 2: She's like, I knew it. I knew it. And I was like, I'm just waiting on them to talk about Bigwood now, yes, waiting for that to be let out.
Speaker 1: Okay, now tell me a ghost story.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So my grandma we were very very close, and like back in the seventies, she was super super skeptical, but a few of the girls that she worked with were really into going to this poem reader, so she went with them a couple of times.
Speaker 2: One time she went and.
Speaker 4: The woman told her that she was going to have some man expressed his admiration or you know, desire to be with her in that week. And then another one told her she was going to be married or sent her life with a tall, dark haired man, and that she would die in a fire. Oh god.
Speaker 2: Well. Then also grandma told me that one time she had done a weekly board.
Speaker 4: Also I'm not sure this was before after the poem readers, but that it also told her she would die in a fire. So you know stuff, I'm like, okay, this is crazy. Why would you even ask? The questions are like, I wouldn't want to know. Well, you know, Graham didn't believe it at all. And then the next week after the first palm reader, she was picking her son up from baseball practice and his coach asked her out on a date.
Speaker 2: And my grandpa was a truck.
Speaker 4: Driver, so that wasn't around much, and the coach had no idea that Graham was married. So that's the first poem reader, you know, personal expressing admiration, wanting to you know, be with her.
Speaker 2: That came true.
Speaker 4: Oh and then several years later said grandpa wound up leaving her and the kids, and she moved back to her hometown in Florida, and she wound up meeting and marrying my papa, who is a tall dark man. So of course I'm existed in this and so in the back of my mind, I'm just saying, like, Okay, this guy's going out in a fly in a fire, like just blaze of glory like that.
Speaker 1: I would avoid every I wouldn't even go near a lighter matches nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, so here's where our family humor gets a little morbid. So my grandma found like really bad help, and she'd be lifelighted several times since I had a few year death medical experiences, and she was my best friend and I couldn't really bear the thought of ever losing her. So whenever they would take her away and the joance their helicopter, we would joke and it's like, hey, this isn't your time, baby girl, just going out in that fire. And she's like, you're right, You're right, this isn't it. I gotta wait for the fire. And it would just weirdly calm us to say that.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's an old I mean, I like that. Well, at this point, she gets really bad.
Speaker 4: She's on full time oxygen, so she plugged up the machine NonStop. She is almost completely bedbound. She's basically able to just get from her bed to her bathroom and then back to bed.
Speaker 2: That was all she could do.
Speaker 4: And in twenty twenty one, she was in her bathroom and she looked over into the laundry and that was attached, and she watched as her electrical box caught on fire.
Speaker 2: Knock it off, Sorry to God. So she is like screaming for my grandpa.
Speaker 4: He is in his little man cave across the house asleep, and he's almost completely deaf, so obviously he could not hear anything. So like naturally one would assume like this is it homegirl's time something. I don't know if it came over her or into her, but she was able to get up. She took her oxygen off, she walked across the house, got my grandpa called nine on one, got dim and her dog out of the house.
Speaker 2: So somehow she said all through it their lives.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what exactly happened that day, but Graham was like a little different after after the fire, they wounds up moving to my mom's house in Tennessee, and you know, Graham's back to her usual help of you know, oxygen full time, almost completely dead balanced. So when they moved up there, my mom had told me, you know, Graham's I think she's like declining a little bit.
Speaker 2: She keeps talking to her parents like they're in the room with us.
Speaker 4: And I was living in Tennessee, I'd moved there like a year before, so I was glad I was able to spend some time with them. And my parents went to a wedding and so my then girlfriend and I went to stay with my Grandmampapa and we were straightening up the house.
Speaker 2: And I was vacuuming, and as I'm vacuuming.
Speaker 4: I don't know if everyone doesn't. So like, you take a couple of steps for and the couple steps back. You just trying to make sure you get it real good. As I'm backing up, I'm back into a person. And I just assumed it with my girlfriend because I knew my grandparents were and their requiners, and so I just turned around, was like, oh, I'm so sorry. I look and she's in the kitchen and there was nobody behind me, and my face went wide.
Speaker 2: I was so cold. And my grandma just looked at me and said, oh, that's just daddy. He's fine. I was like, okay, okay, cool, cool cool. So then Graham.
Speaker 4: June of twenty twenty two, they were back at their house in Florida. Now we talked to her on sohone all the time, and she really started to decline. So you know, the whole family came in.
Speaker 2: We were it was like a movie scene. When she passed.
Speaker 4: We were all just like circled around her bed, telling her how much we loved her. She kept telling us that her mom had come to fear and wanted her to go with her, and so we're like, Graham, you know, it's okay, like we'll take care of each other, you can go. And it was the sweetest thing.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad I was there.
Speaker 4: So grandpasses and one of her last things that she asked was if I would do her hair and makeup for the funeral.
Speaker 2: So I did. And I don't know if you ever had people talk to you about this.
Speaker 4: I'm imagining this is just gonna be this beautiful moment, like me do my grandma's pair makeup for the last time.
Speaker 2: It was not Uh.
Speaker 4: They put me in a room and my aunt decided she was going to come too, and it was my grandma perst particular to my grandma, there were three.
Speaker 2: Other men deceased in the room with us, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the more cause she's like, all right, well here she is, and you know, it's a small town. So she's like, take care of my cousin.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: So as I'm like doing your makeup, I'm bumping in to these men no, and I'm just like, oh, sor, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. And my aunt, who I guess that are morbid humor.
Speaker 4: Mentioned one of the gentlemen's noses and she's like oh my gosh, the thing is huge.
Speaker 2: You could just write it. And I was like, oh, dear God, and I am just like apologizing for please with me, and I'm like you, we don't mean it, we don't mean it. Please don't come back to haunt.
Speaker 4: And it's like I think you look great, and so I'm telling Grandma, like I want you to come back.
Speaker 2: I don't want these men. I don't know. So we had just kind of drug about that and kind of light in the movie Oh my God.
Speaker 4: One night in my apartment, I have, you know, just really been talking to her every night and like, hey, I love you, miss she please come see me if.
Speaker 2: You can, please come see me.
Speaker 4: And one night I had this super vivid dream and she was sitting next to me in the bed and she told me, She's like, hey, I love you.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I want to come back. I'm trying to come see you, but it's really.
Speaker 7: Hard for me to do.
Speaker 4: And she was like still trying to figure out how to do it, and so she let me know like she was there, she was coming, but it was just kind of hard for her to figure out.
Speaker 2: And it just gave me so much peace.
Speaker 4: A few months later, I wounded up meeting my now wife, and I had brought her home to me my family for the first time. And so at this point, my mom is living in my grandparents house. She is taking care of my grandfather, and my mom's bedroom is my grandma's old bedroom where my grandma passed away. And I take Beth in, and you know, we're getting ready to go out, and everything's fine. Everyone seems to like get along, We're great. A couple months later, we're back home in Alabama and I said, hey, no, let's get ready to plan Easter. We're going to Florida and I mentioned my aunt Kim and Beth says, oh, I don't think she likes me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why do you say that?
Speaker 4: She just really wasn't wasn't feeling me the last time I was there, and I said, best she was not even in town when you came. She was like in the Lucky and She's like, no, she came in and she did not speak to me. She didn't really acknowledge me. It was just really weird, and I knew any kim usn't there. I even had to call my mom and my other aunt. She'd be like, hey, can you please reasure best because she does not trust me.
Speaker 2: Was Kin there and was not.
Speaker 4: Beth describes a woman coming into Graham and Papa house. She said that she walked her through this front door, went to my grandpa's room to check on him, came back out, went to my grandma Fuls bedroom, came back out and was just standing by me and my aunt for a while. And I said, did anyone talk to her Best? And she said no, nobody said anything. Really, I thought maybe she was your aunt. But if it wasn't her, maybe it was like a nurse coming to see your papa. And I'm like, no, nobody came in, I would have introduced you.
Speaker 2: What does this woman look like?
Speaker 4: She described in the perfect detail my grandma Cirka like two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was the craziest, scarious, like all hum of comforting thing. And I think, honestly Graham was there also trying to check out best to make sure she was okay to join our family, because that was like one of my biggest things, Like, oh, I just wish you could have met Graham.
Speaker 1: That is incredible.
Speaker 4: And since then my wife is so means that she apparently can see quite a bit and has seen her debased grandfather and has seen my grandmother since been at.
Speaker 2: Our new house in Alabama. So apparently she has learned how to travel.
Speaker 1: So do you think that she approves and they get along and everything's good.
Speaker 2: I think so. But one of the funniest things I have.
Speaker 4: I keep a couple of pictures of her in my car, and it was in the little passenger sun visor. Whenever you pull it down, there's a little cliff and it's on there some reason that's pulled it down, and I know she had to do it, like Graham. Grandma was a little staffy, but she pulled it down and the sis here Graham came flying and had the rest the face and She's.
Speaker 2: Like, tell her to stop.
Speaker 1: Has she seen pictures of her from like two thousand and two and been like, yeah, that's the lady.
Speaker 4: So she had never seen pictures of her before. Really, she had seen my aunt who looked almost identical to her. But she was talking like sh had a panicle in her hair and she was blaring one of those like HoTT in sweatsuit situations, and it was.
Speaker 2: It was her, but it was like two thousand and two. It was I didn't go in.
Speaker 4: So I found some old pictures and I was hoping I could find one of her in like that kind of outfit. But I found some old pictures of her from around that kind of doesn't like, that's that's who I saw that who came in the house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so Beth saw her.
Speaker 4: She thought that because she knew like they were like looking at each other, because I said, you know, like, did any of us even acknowledge her? Surely you can't think her entire family is that rude that we're just gonna completely ignore someone.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the fact that when she chose to come back, she's chosen like Sweatsuit two thousand and two, like the juicycatur What are we talking?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm like imagining like Jessie just Rittler, but like and she's just got this a little popping figure back and she's just showing it all off.
Speaker 7: Like look at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, like go for comfort if you're going to be a ghost. I love that.
Speaker 4: Well, Okay, here's a little thing the ghost through. Whenever we're talking about what we're going to bury her in, you know, she's talking to us about it and she was all about a mumoo and she's like, you know what, when I'm buried, this is how I wanted to be.
Speaker 2: I want to be in a comfortable mumu.
Speaker 4: I did not want to brawl on and she had ventures and and I want you to take my teeth out and just put him in my hand. You didn't just bury him in my hand with me. She's like, I'm going out in comfort.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, And she sure did that.
Speaker 4: We got her this cute little like Satine mumou and it was yellow, and then we took her.
Speaker 2: Teeth, like, don't even put my teeth end. I want to be comfortable. Don't put me in a brawl I'm not trying to be in that for the rest of eternity.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, she was all about some comfort.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Do you know so many of these ghosts are from the eighteen hundreds with their corsets, and you know that does not seem like a way I would want to spend eternity. Take my bra put me in a moomo. I'll hold my teeth.
Speaker 6: I'm with her on this exactly like I like to imagine she was in some sketchers also and she is literally just like walking on cloud just comfortable as hell.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Well, Haley, you are indeed a triple threat. And if you have any other stories in the future, you know where to find me. Thank you, Haley. Hey, you know what we need? Kathleen. Who Kathleen's got one of these stories. One of these stories the type they would make a movie ota. So we're going to hear that right now, Kathleen, take it away. I am talking now to Kathleen and Philly. Hi, Kathleen, Hi, Rod. You've got some stories. Where do we start?
Speaker 8: Well? I do? I have so many stories that we should probably start with the fact that I grew up in a hunted house.
Speaker 7: I'm one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, what's the story with this house?
Speaker 7: Well, so I was the middle shovel of five kids.
Speaker 8: I know that you've talked about this on your show before, but my sister and I played with a Oiji port, okay, and that's when things started happening. How old were you I was about twelve or thirteen and she was like eight or nine when it all began. So this house was the house that used to be like the main house of an apple farm. But all of the property around it was all chopped up into other houses. It was a regular neighborhood outside of Pittsburgh, but we did have the oldest house in that neighborhood. And the reason why I feel pretty confident that the Wiji board is what opened that door is because nothing had happened before we played with the Wichi board, and then stuff started happening.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what happened.
Speaker 8: Well, the biggest thing, the most pervasive thing, was there would be a something behind the headboards of all five of us kids, and it was the loud and pervasive and repetitive and it was just make us up from sound sleeps. And every one of us swore that the something calming was coming from inside the wall and behind each one of our own hudboards.
Speaker 7: Like everyone was like, no, it's on my wall.
Speaker 8: No, it's on my wall, right weird, And I mean, it is kind of funny that one of my brothers actually like drew a map at one point and was like, hey, eds are a different walls. My parents kept trying to blame that on various things. You know, Oh it's an old house. Oh there's raccoons to the chimney, you know, various things, and we found out years later that they also thought it was supernatural, and actually that's probably.
Speaker 7: A little bit of a spoiler because what else went down.
Speaker 8: So so that was the most that everybody experienced, but my sister and I had the most and the worst experiences. Okay, So we shared a room and we had a big walking closet, like it leaves ten feet deep, and.
Speaker 7: People would come out of the closet, just walk out of the.
Speaker 8: Closet, talking only to each other, not even looking at us, but talking to each other, and.
Speaker 7: We would just be laying there.
Speaker 1: Where would they go if they would walk out the door.
Speaker 8: And into the hallway what And they would be very engaged in these conversations with each other, and it was all different people, so many different people.
Speaker 7: We would be terrified, even though they never would look at us. So that happened night after night. Whoa you know when you watch.
Speaker 8: A scary movie and everybody says, get out, get out of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I understand why they don't.
Speaker 8: These things that were happening were not happening every single night, So it was like easy to keep pretending that.
Speaker 7: Like that was a one off that won't happen again.
Speaker 8: You know, we were all raised Catholic, we weren't super duper religious, but we would lay there. I really remember praying aloud with my sister and saying, don't let it happen to me.
Speaker 7: Don't let it happen to me.
Speaker 1: You know, like how many people a night would we be talking?
Speaker 2: Oh, ten or twelve?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 8: And we would wake up from them talking to each other the sound of people coming through the room.
Speaker 1: Would you ever hear what they were talking about?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, it sounded like you know, your EVPs would just you know, just voice it.
Speaker 1: So do you think it was like a portal or something?
Speaker 8: Pullly do that goes? That brings me back to the Luigi board. I think open a door is going to walk through.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't.
Speaker 8: You can't open your window and expect only butterflies to fly in.
Speaker 7: Anything that's a good thing. Yeah, well, I think that's what it was.
Speaker 8: And I think, I mean, it's probably interesting to tell you too that my parents just refused to hear us.
Speaker 7: It was very much.
Speaker 8: I didn't realize this a couple of years ago, but it was almost like stranger things. Like we kids were all on the second floor, all five of us, and My parents' bedroom was on the first floor, and we would tell them about this, or we would just start screaming and my dad would yell from the bottom of the steps, get.
Speaker 7: To bed to bed.
Speaker 8: So like we kids were always trying to figure out what the hell was going on and see what pattern we could find or whatever.
Speaker 7: But again, this didn't happen every single night.
Speaker 8: It was just sometimes. And then I guess I might have said the worst thing. The worst thing happened one time that my sister woke up and was talking in a voice that was in her voice and yeah, oh I've got sugar, even now remembering it, we had four poster beds.
Speaker 7: Her entire bed was just shaking.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, and she was again using some voice that like I don't even know, it will sound so silly if I say it.
Speaker 7: But like like an extracoist, like this deep voice.
Speaker 8: But you couldn't understand what she was saying, and I lost my mind, as you would imagine. So I was screaming, and my older brothers came running in the room because they knew my parents were no help and got to see enough of it. I did believe that something was happening in our room that get They like woke her up, they like jumped on her. I really remember my oldest brother just like bear hogging her. We're all going, you know, just saying her name over and over again, you know, just going, Karen, Karen, Karen, you know, and kind of like woke up. Her eyes were wide open even as this other voice was coming.
Speaker 7: Out of her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And this happened. And embarrassing too that my family let this go on so long, but almost a year of this, but not all the time, not all the time. And that's what allowed us to stay.
Speaker 8: We kids were always trying to figure out what was happening, right, So my very oldest brother was at the.
Speaker 7: Age of like climbing out the window and partying and stuff. So at one point, like we all blamed him and said he was coming home and thrashing about or whatever.
Speaker 8: Who knows, who knows. You're just looking for something logical, right, right, And so he, you know, vowed to stay home. And of course it happened even when he didn't go out. You know, there was a night that was really bad and he didn't go out. So we had not really a finished basement that it was still like where we had a pool table and a shelves of games, you know, and we had stopped playing with the Wigi board because we did think that could be the trouble.
Speaker 7: But we had to just downstairs with the games.
Speaker 8: Right. Well, unbeknownst to us, my parents did believe it was supernatural, so they took the Wigi board. My father took the Wigi board and put it in the trash can and put other trash on top of the Wigi board. After the trash men left, you know what the next part is, right.
Speaker 1: The Wigi boy came back.
Speaker 8: Yet it did, and my dad, I'm so scared something about his instincts just told him, okay, I don't want to piss anybody off here.
Speaker 7: And he put the Wigi board back down the basement and didn't.
Speaker 8: Tell us any of it, but called the priest and they pretended that we had never had the house blessed, you know, that they were remiss in doing that, and so they had priests come bless the house.
Speaker 7: And that was scary. She can mention too, like all five of us are like hiding behind furniture and watching this guy.
Speaker 8: He had you know, incense in the ball and was swinging the balls around and praying and Latin, and he went through every room in the house and we're like peeping behind furniture and watching him, and we're terrified, terrified.
Speaker 7: So that night that something was the worst it ever was.
Speaker 1: But the priest swing and his balls is supposed to help.
Speaker 8: I remember that we were just so sad. We were so sad that it didn't work, and it was the worst it ever was. I am telling you that lights were swinging, dishes were rattling, with all of us kids ran downstairs, and my parents finally gave up. They came out from the room and they were like, we're sorry, we gotta go.
Speaker 7: We got to go. Everybody gets shoes on, grab your toothbrushes. We're out.
Speaker 8: We're gonna go to a motel of the street, right. And meanwhile, while we're having this conversation.
Speaker 7: The entire house which is shaking, Oh my god. And so we're all ready to go.
Speaker 8: My second oldest brother was in first in mind and I was sticking in line, and he put his hand on the door knob.
Speaker 1: And it just went whoa, what do you mean, like a burst open.
Speaker 7: One loud boom that like reverberated in the air.
Speaker 8: Is what had been constant something for the longest ever, loudest, longest time ever.
Speaker 7: It all just stopped, frozen place.
Speaker 8: Nobody knew what to do, and we all just looked at my dad, you know, with that era down, he knew everything. We all just try to look at my dad and he goes, it's over. And can you believe it? Rose that we stayed up that night. We all stayed up together as a family. But it never happened begin.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the pre swing and his balls worked.
Speaker 2: It did work.
Speaker 1: It just took a little bit, you know, it needed to get out of there, yeah.
Speaker 7: Or something like.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that whatever that was was still like proving something or was angry about it that they had to go. You know, I'll never know, never know, But my whole family tells the same story. It has definitely greatly affected us. And my dad didn't tell us about trying to throw away the Ouiji boards.
Speaker 7: So we were all out of that house.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting. How much longer did you stay there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: At least fifteen years, probably the whole not everybody you know, out of the you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 8: But my parents stayed at least fifteen twenty years. Yeah, and nothing ever happened again. Yeah, And I don't know enough about this, but my brother is a journalist and he actually did go back to house and visit with a couple other families and they had experiences interesting.
Speaker 1: That's so weird. So it like it just kind of calmed down for fifteen years and then got some new people in there and was like, okay, lights, camera action, let's go.
Speaker 8: I think anything's possible. But I think that like whatever it was, I hate to say it like this, like we vanquished.
Speaker 7: The bad guy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: And I think our family finally won, but then when a new family came in, whatever, a dark entity that was wanted to be heard.
Speaker 1: Again, Terestic.
Speaker 8: I do believe that some people are more sensitive to things, and some people, you know, even draw things. And I think there's just something about my family's energy. But Luigi Board was definitely opening the window.
Speaker 1: I think, oh my god, Yeah, do you have like one more story you'd want to share?
Speaker 7: And my instincts you're telling me to go with this one. This isn't my own, this is my mom and her sister. That's guide or do you want another one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, let's hear it.
Speaker 8: So my mom and her sister dearly loved their grandpa, and their grandpa died when they were both pregnant. Okay, so this is my mom and my aunt. My aunt was I think three months more pregnant than my mom, and this grandpa that they loved dearly passed away.
Speaker 9: So years go by and they're sitting at my grandma's at some kind of family party and they haven't cocktail, and they're talking to each.
Speaker 8: Other, and my mom says to her sister, I need to tell you something I've never told you that after I gave birth to Karen, it was actually Karen ros come to think of it, after birth to Karen, it came to visit me.
Speaker 1: The grandfather came to visit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And while she's saying this, my aunt Audrey is just sitting in Her eyes are getting bigger and bigger, and Audrey said.
Speaker 7: Oh, my body came to see me too.
Speaker 8: They both were crying and they telling each other, telling their stories simultaneously, and it was very similar story that he just walked in the room. He looked like himself, he smelled like his pipe, he was wearing the plaid jacket he always wore. All of the details were the same, and then he walked over looked at the baby in the crib in the master bedroom.
Speaker 7: And how people did that then, I don't know what people do now, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: They came in, the baby was in the room with the mom, and dad came in, looked at the baby and then looked at my mom and said, nice baby, Joan, and then just turned around and walked out of the room. And my mom immediately woke up my father, who had fled through it, and said, Granparatus is just your grandparatis is this year? And he sat up straight in bed said, oh my god, I smell a pipe. And the same thing happened with my aunt.
Speaker 7: He had.
Speaker 8: He came in the room, looked at her baby, told her beautiful baby. She woke up her husband. Her husband smelled the smoke, and so that it was really beautiful moment.
Speaker 7: Rons.
Speaker 8: That was one of those lovely ghost stories because they couldn't believe that.
Speaker 7: They didn't share it with each other for like a decade, you know.
Speaker 8: And I really remember them just crying and hugging each other and they were really happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's such a special story. I love it, so that happened too, So it's not all terrifying. Sometimes it's sweet.
Speaker 8: I mean, and one could argue that it brought my family closer. I think it did in some way going through what we went through.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now when you were going through this your family, did it ever occur to you, guys, like we shouldn't get a movie made about this or this is good enough for like a book to be written, Like did you ever think about any of that or going to the newspaper or anything.
Speaker 8: Kid did, But my parents were firmly wanting to be in denial through all of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they just weren't having it.
Speaker 1: I get that. Thank you so much. This was great.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate it. I love you. Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Damn, Kathleen, that was spooky. Next up, it's Julia, who lived in a haunted apartment during the pandemic. I hope she got the deposit back.
Speaker 10: Julia, gab me a ghost story. O, my god, from the Big Apple.
Speaker 1: It's Julia. Hi, Julia, Hi, Ras, please tell me you have some New York City ghost stories.
Speaker 5: These ghost stories aren't Ashley New York ghost stories. It happened when I left but I hope you'll have them anyway.
Speaker 1: Of course, absolutely. Okay, tell me what stories you got, Okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm originally from the South. I grew up in southern Appalachia, and when the pandemic hit in twenty twenty, I was living in New York working on my bachelor's and I decided pretty immediately once news broke about COVID that I wanted.
Speaker 7: To leave the city.
Speaker 2: I did not want to be here.
Speaker 5: My classes were online and there was nothing really, you know, tying me here. So a couple of friends that I had at the time, two sisters their parents, lived in this huge apartment down in North Carolina, and the three of us left the city together and had it down there in mid March. And so this apartment was in a pretty old building. It had been built in the early twentieth century, and it was originally a hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh what could go wrong?
Speaker 5: Interesting vibe. There was a plaque out front from like the governments, marking it as like a historical landmark. And there was a basement with quite a few small rooms that we assumed had to have been the morgue when the hospital was active. And you know, I'm not an elevator expert, but I'm assuming that the elevator that was in this building was the original elevator because it had like a door with a handle that you opened out to reveal a metal gate that you had to slide open and shut. And the up and down mechanisms of the elevator were literally two buttons, like an up button and a down button.
Speaker 1: Perfect like you had.
Speaker 5: To control the whole thing. And I'm going to be really honest and say that it is the most beautiful place I've ever lived. There were like giant ceilings and real wood parquet floors, and our apartment had three balconies. My god. And the total rent for a three bedroom apartment was eleven hundred dollars. So if I had not wanted to leave this town, I totally would have stayed inspite everything that happened here.
Speaker 1: Do you think that it was like the apartment was like multiple patient rooms or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, From what I read about the building, it was originally able to house like twenty to thirty patients at a time, and you could like book a room, but you also might be like taken there. I don't understand how hospitals worked in the early twentieth century.
Speaker 2: That you could book a room at the hospital. But that's what I read.
Speaker 5: And since my friends and their family had lived there before the three of us came down, i'd heard a couple of stories about the place beforehand. Years back, they had moved to that apartment from a first floor apartment in New York, so they were really used to hearing a lot of noise above them, and they told me that it had taken them quite a few months to realize that they were still hearing the sounds of footsteps and you know, general noises above them in this new place, even though the apartment was on the top floor.
Speaker 1: So not good. Oka.
Speaker 5: The worst story that they had told me beforehand was of one specific night. The apartment was really long, It spanned the whole front of the building, and like you brought up, it was like probably a lot of rooms just like mushed together, and on one end of the apartment was the kitchen and the dining room, and then you walked through the living rooms there were two of them, and then on the other end of the apartment were the bedrooms and the bathroom, and so on this night, my friend's mother was laying down on the couch in the living room and she heard what she described as the sound of someone walking around the dining room table a couple of rooms over, and then they made their way down the hallway, but she didn't see anything. She just heard on the really nice parquet floors, she heard someone walking down the hallway. Two of the bedrooms in the back shared Jack and Jill style bathroom, and so my friend in the first bedroom she recalled that she was getting ready for bed in the bathroom, she was washing her face or whatever, and she looked up into the mirror and she saw the reflection of a man standing behind.
Speaker 1: Her classic horror movie.
Speaker 5: And in classic horror movie fashion, when she looked behind, there was no one there, and then once she looked back into the mirror, he was gone. My other friend, who was in the very back bedroom, her bed was positioned across the way from a small walking closet. The closet didn't have a door, It just had a curtain on a rod that she often pushed to one side. So on this night, she turned over in bed and looked into the closet and she saw the face of like something. She said that to her, it looked like, you know, those Chinese lion masks. It looked like that, but like white, like it was looking at her that kind of feeling like it wasn't just something in the closet that had been there, It wasn't there before. And none of them did anything that night. They didn't like run to each other and like say, what was going on. It just like came up in the morning. They all like shared their experience of something really crazy happened to me last night, And then when they put their stories together, it made it seem like something might have been moving through the apartment, like it moved from the dining room, down the hallway, through the bathroom and into the back bedroom. I knew all of this going in, So.
Speaker 1: This is all before you moved in.
Speaker 5: This is all before I moved in, before you heard you.
Speaker 1: Were going to be on lockdown and you were publicly mandated to not go anywhere. Exactly terrifying.
Speaker 5: So you know, despite experiencing multiple paranormal things throughout my life, I've always been of the extremely delusional stance that if I say that I don't believe in the supernatural, Like if I say out loud that I don't believe in it, then nothing really bad will ever happen to me? Sure, I mean, like to be fair, nothing really bad has ever happened to me. Deeply unsettling, which is why I'm here, But nothing really bad. So we all like moved in mid March, and everything considered at the time, you know, for what was going on in the world, I was actually having a pretty good time. The apartment was beautiful, and nothing very ghosty was going on. The only unsettling thing that started pretty immediately was that I would hear this scraping noise coming from outside. So there was a sidewalk that connected the various apartments to the front entryway, and it wound around the building. There would be this sound like someone was scraping a rake over the sidewalk. But the really weird part about it was that it was kind of a constant sound. It didn't never really sound like it was getting closer or farther away. It would just start and then it would stop. And I looked out the windows on quite a few occasions to see if I could see what was making that sound, but I never saw anything, even though I could see the sidewalk from our windows, and it sounded like it.
Speaker 1: Was right below the windows weird.
Speaker 5: That didn't really bother me that much, so I was like, whatever, if I don't see anything, it's not that big of a deal. When I really started to get freaked out was with a couple of things happened to me my sleep. There was this night where I was woken up by what felt like someone shouting my name directly into my ear, like I remember the feeling of the breast and the hotness inside of my ear, But there was nothing there when I looked around. Obviously, there never is except for when there is. And I really really really do not like anything bothering my sleep. I'm the kind of person like I'm out in a minute, I'm down the rest of the night. I've never had any problems with sleep paralysis or night peers, so this kind of thing, I was like, I really really don't like this. My bed was positioned across the way from this short bookshelf that had on it one of those lanterns in the shape of a Greek statue, like the head of a Greek statue, and then the plant like comes out the top like hair.
Speaker 4: Okay, cute, it is really cute.
Speaker 5: One night I woke up in the middle of the night, and that kind of waking up where you're like blinking and looking around for quite a while before you fully realize that you're awake. So I'm coming to and I realized that standing right in front of.
Speaker 2: Me is a little boy.
Speaker 5: He was pale and like marginally translucent. It was like he was he wasn't fully there, but he also wasn't fully see through. He was substantial enough that I could like make out strong features on him, but I could also see through him some. And as my brain starts to register that he's there, he starts leaning towards me, and he stops really close to my face. And this whole time, I'm not moving or anything. I'm not feeling particularly scared. I'm just really curious. And so he gets really close to my face and he stops and he yells run. That's all he says. He just yells at me to run. And after he's shouted that in my face, he just like fades away.
Speaker 1: Did you run?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't. I was woken up in the middle of the night, and I was like, where am I supposed to go?
Speaker 11: Outside?
Speaker 5: How's that better?
Speaker 1: Right outside?
Speaker 5: Where the rake is being scraped across the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: The rake Demon's gonna get you, no, And when.
Speaker 5: He fades away, I remember the last thing to go was his face. And then when his face disappeared, where his face had been was the face of that planter. And so I was like, oh, maybe I was having, you know, a sleep paralysis at the so, except I've never had those, and I wasn't scared. I didn't feel like I was being trapped or anything. I felt like I was just watching something that was going on in front of me. But after he faded away, I was like, really really scared. But my coping mechanism when things scare me in real life, for like watching a movie, is to cover my ears. Something about like sound is the worst part of scary things for me. So anytime I wake up in the middle of the night from a really bad dream, I'll put on a podcast, usually not yours, because I don't feel like that helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get on.
Speaker 5: Like a different podcast or like thunderstorm Sounds. And so that's what I did that night and pretty much every night after that for a really long time, because in my head, if I make it impossible for me to hear the thing that goes by in the night, then it can't do anything to me if I don't hear it.
Speaker 1: Totally, I sleep with white Noise.
Speaker 5: And I know that logic is flat, but it really really works for me.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's flawed because, first of all, who knows, But there could be a ghost right next to everyone listening to this podcast right now. We could be encountering ghosts all day every day. But if you can't see it, you can't hear it, then what's the big deal?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I put on the white Noise machine every single night for the exact reason, thank you.
Speaker 5: And after that, like nothing really much happened again in that apartment. I would pretty frequently wake up in the middle of the night with that like feeling that something was wrong or that there was something else in the room with me, but I would just put on my headphones. I think that like that is with the boy beside my bead freaked me out so much that I like really slammed that like mental door shut in my head. I was like, I don't want any of.
Speaker 11: This, Like it was crazy for a little while there where like that thing yelled Julia at me, But I don't I don't want any more of this, and so I kind of just like said no more.
Speaker 5: Please, Like I really I'm not strong, I don't have fortitude. I will not make it out of this a lie, like you're picking on the wrong person.
Speaker 1: You are probably just rest like sleeping like a baby and a cloud and there's just this invisible boy being.
Speaker 5: Like rud rd and you're just like, I can't hear you over my thunderstorm on beyond.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: So do you have other stories you said that you had had experiences previous to that.
Speaker 5: I I do have two others that really stick out in my head. Like I mentioned, I grew up in the South, and my best friend's house is like kind of in a rural area out in the woods. It used to be a mining community. It used there used to be miners who lived there. And it was the summer after we graduated high school. She at some point during high school, she had asked her dad to, like they had this walk in closet in her bedroom, and she'd asked him to like build a little bed in the closet. She was sharing a room with her sister, so I think she just like wanted a private space in that room, and so he like built a little bed in the closet that had enough room that you could sleep on top, and then you could put like a palette down on the ground beneath it and someone could sleep under that like bunk bed style. And we were eighteen, and I was like, I will sleep under the bed. That sounds fun. And so the first night I go to do that, it's fine. I fall asleep in two minutes like normal, until I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm like laying flat on my back and I hear directly above me on the wood of the platform holding her bed up above me, I hear the sound of someone scratching their fingernail along the wood in front of my face, and I unlike when the little boy told me to run, and I didn't run. I shot out of that bed. I was like no, no, no, no, no no. And I went to sleep on the couch in the living room. And I told her what happened the next morning, and she said, you know, sometimes I hear stuff in that room like it were out in the woods. There might be stuff in the walls, and I'm like, okay, but it was like not in the walls. It was right above my face, and I was like, I will give it one more shots. I go to sleep the next night under the bed and the same thing happens, Like I wake up and there is something scratching right above my face, and that time I remember I shot out of there again and I hit my head so hard against the underside of the bed. But I was like, I really don't care. I have to be anywhere but here. After that in that house, nothing ever really happened. But also on their property, they have a trailer that they like rent out to friends and stuff, and when there's no one in there, it's fully furnished, and so we like to go over there and hang out. And so one night she and I were spending the night in there, and we were getting ready for bed, and I was like, let me go double check that I locked the b So she's like in the bedroom, which is on one side of the trailer, and then I had to like walk through the living room, around a corner, through the kitchen to the back door. And as I'm walking through the living room, I hear someone sneeze and I keep walking and I say, bless you, because I thought it was her. And as I'm locking the back door. I hear her response that wasn't me, but I heard that too. It's like, right, okay, so I have to walk back through the living room I get to see you. And because I was going back through the kitchen, I grabbed a bunch of knives and I just booked it. I booked it back into the bedroom and we closed the doors, and then we like conferred about what our strategy was. We were like, okay, so there's obviously someone in the house, right, Like, there's someone in the living room that I just ran by, and so we like armed ourselves, had our flashlights and like went through the trailer and there was no one there. And I was like, okay, that's almost worse because I heard someone sneeze. We went to bed that night. Whatever. A couple years pass and we're there again, really late one night, but we're not spending the night. So we're getting ready to leave and it's probably like three am, and we're standing in the kitchen together and I am on my phone and she's standing pretty much directly behind me, facing the same direction as me, just like getting stuff ready in her toe bag or whatever, and I hear someone very like it was inaudible like I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I heard someone whisper into my ear and I look back at her and I say, what, like, because I thought it was her trying to say something. And for the second time in that trailer, she's like, that wasn't me. But I heard that also that again, and so we just left and nothing has happened there since. It just feels like I really don't I do not like being there very late at night. I don't understand what was happening either of those times, but it definitely felt like there was something trying to communicate or just like hanging out around us, and I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: These are some good stories you have here. Thanks for doing this, Thank.
Speaker 11: You for having me.
Speaker 5: This is so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much to Haley, Kathleen, and Julia. And again you can be just like them. So send in your stories to ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Happy holidays everyone, I will speak to you next year. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience. On the podcast, I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jeeha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hard Stark, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.