Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from.
Speaker 2: The most trusted journalists.
Speaker 3: At Comedy Central, it's America's only source for news.
Speaker 2: This it's the Daily Joke with your host Jordan Clipper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wasn't the Daily job, George Clipper.
Speaker 2: We got so much to talk about tonight.
Speaker 5: Hunter Biden has something in common with Donald Trump, congestion, pricing gets stuck in gridlock, and Samuel Alito's wife, let's her freak flag fly.
Speaker 2: So let's get into headlines.
Speaker 5: You start with one of the most dangerous criminal masterminds in American history, Hunter Biden. He's gotten away with being Joe Biden's son for years, but today he faced Delaware justice.
Speaker 6: We begin with our breaking news, a federal jury finding Hunter Biden guilty on three felony gun charges. The President's son walking out of the courtroom earlier today, a convicted felon Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, Frankly, I'm shocked. We're actually enforcing gun laws in America.
Speaker 2: Halla, helujah.
Speaker 5: What has been wild is watching how eager Republicans have been to hold a gun owner accountable. Of course, it's only because he's Joe Biden's son, but that's an opportunity all we need is for Joe Biden to adopt every single person in America and we can finally have some responsible gun control in this country. Yes, let's move on to some news out of the Supreme Court. Last weekend, an undercover activist stuck into a private reception secretly recorded Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, and no surprise, it turns out that the guy who over ruled Roe v. Wade is a bit of a religious nut. What was much more interesting is that this activist also recorded Alito's wife, Martha and Alito She's already been in the news for flying an upside down American flag at their house after Trump lost the twenty twenty election, and then for flying a far right appeal to Heaven flag at their beach house. And if you thought two flags with a lot of flags, this lady's just getting started.
Speaker 7: You know what I want?
Speaker 8: I want a Sacred Heart of Jesus' flag because I had to look across the lagoon at the Pride flag for the next month. And he's like, oh, please, don't put up a flag. I said, I won't do it because I'm deferring to you. But when you were free of this nonsense, I'm putting it up, and I'm going to send them a message every day, maybe every week.
Speaker 7: I'll be changing the flags.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, this lady looks flags.
Speaker 5: We Once Alito retires, that house is going to look like a Spanish alien.
Speaker 2: I mean, lady. The United Nations called, they said, tone it down with the flags, you know.
Speaker 5: But even Betsy Ross is like, Jesus was only doing this because we didn't have Netflix liking flags this much as ironically the ultimate red flag, and yeah, let's a thinker. I also love how she refers to her husband's job as nonsense. This man is one of the most consequential men in the country. But she's like, I can't wait until you're done with your little black robe bullshit so I can focus on what really matters semaphore. So Martha Ann got so mad after seeing a Pride flag that she's planning to put up a whole bunch of Jesus flags to combat it, because everyone knows Jesus is the ultimate symbol of your love. And also, if she runs out of flags, don't worry, she's thinking up more flags in her head.
Speaker 8: There'll be all I made a flag in my head. This is how I satisfy myself. I made a flag. It's white and it's yellow and orange flames around it, and in the middle is the word Vigonia.
Speaker 7: Vigonia in Italian named shamee.
Speaker 2: Whoa First off, what a bird on justice?
Speaker 5: Selino, Your wife is going around telling strangers that she has to think up new flags to satisfy herself. I gotta think up new flags because it's not like there's anybody else taking care.
Speaker 2: Of my needs.
Speaker 5: Somebody's got a plessy by Ferguson. Come on, No, not to be a hater, but designing a special flag for yourself is literally a homework assignment. My kindergartener just had he drew a butt farting on a stick figure man who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be me. I don't love it, but it still beats Virgugnia. Look, I think there's a missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: Instead of getting mad at.
Speaker 5: The Pride flags, Martha Ann could use this opportunity to find unity.
Speaker 2: You love flags, They love flags.
Speaker 5: The people you really should be fighting are the lawn sign people. No motion, you can't see it from up high, no way to tell the wind direction. I mean those lawn signed people are animals and we all know it. Finally, let's talk about a local story with major implications. Here in New York City, we have the worst traffic out of any city in America. Did you know it took me two and a half hours to get to work this morning? I mean, granted, I stopped along the way to watch the Garfield movie, but uh, tuesdays am I right now?
Speaker 2: To solve this?
Speaker 5: New York was set to become the first city in America to try congestion pricing, which is a toll on anyone who wants to drive into the busiest parts of Manhattan. That is until a few days ago, when Governor Hokeel pulled the plug on the plan without warning. And while everyone assumed she was worried about Democrats losing votes in the upcoming election, Hochel has a different explanation.
Speaker 9: Hochel says her experiences talking to people in Manhattan diners like this one near Grand Central made her realize New Yorkers just aren't ready for congestion pricing.
Speaker 7: All I know is I.
Speaker 10: Encourage you to go to the next diner with me, and I'll probably be.
Speaker 7: There Monday morning.
Speaker 10: Huh, sit with me and watch the people come over and thank me.
Speaker 7: That's all I need to know.
Speaker 5: After literally five years of debate, study, and preparation, Hochel scrapped the whole plan because she talked to some people in a diner.
Speaker 2: Who cares what people.
Speaker 5: In a diner think. There's other Americans. What about the home cooks.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: The guy who pops open a can of progresso soup, goes to put it in the microwave, says it that just drinks it coal. Ah, don't I I mean they deserve a voice too. Look, it's true, congestion pricing won't be popular with everyone, and it might cost you some votes in the suburbs. But from time to time, leaders are called upon to envision a better future, be bold the implementation and execution, and be undaunted by the opposition. That's how you secure progress. Wait a second, I heard that somewhere before.
Speaker 10: Anybody's sick and tired of gridlock in New York City. From time to time, leaders are called upon to envision a better future, be bold in the implementation and execution, and be undaunted by the opposition. That's how you secure progress.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 5: Dathy Hogel has an evil twin who is good at governing, who knows. For more on Governor Hoche's decision to reverse congestion pricing, we turned to senior political analyst Michael Costa. Michael likeel like, Look, the governor was fully in support of this plan six months ago. How is she so weak willed that she would change her mind after a silly diner conversation.
Speaker 11: Well, actually, Jordan, there's nothing silly about a diner conversation. Political experts like myself understand that any opinion has extra power when it's set over a plate of eggs and toast.
Speaker 2: It's called the diner effect.
Speaker 11: Okay, Now, for example, if I were to tell the governor to flip flop on congestion pricing, she'd say no. But what if I said, hey, Governor, you got to cancel that plan, because every working guy knows that when the screws gets stripped, you gotta hammer the nail yourself.
Speaker 2: All right. I don't think that.
Speaker 5: Means anything, Michael, but you know there's something in that that is very common sense.
Speaker 2: You're right, canceled the plan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you see what happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Wait, oh shit, did I agree with you? Yeah?
Speaker 11: You've fallen for the folksy ramlings of a man who doesn't know how to make his own toast.
Speaker 2: Damn it, damn it, damn it. You're right. Okay, you know what, I won't fall for that again.
Speaker 5: We can't afford to because the city has to figure out how to replace all the revenue that this plan was going to raise.
Speaker 2: Well, I have an idea.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, well you know what I says. The whole thing could be soft leganty split. All right, you just take away to immigrants and you say get out of here boom.
Speaker 2: But hey, you know what do I know?
Speaker 11: I'm just a guy to eat six sausages links for breakfast.
Speaker 2: I'm I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't think there's any they got anything to do with immigrants. But there's something about the way you eat those sausages that makes me believe you.
Speaker 2: Got you again, God damn it. It's all in the diet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: As long as I'm meeting the number four special, people will think that I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I mean that it is very very effective. Now check this out.
Speaker 11: Okay, if you got through a stack of thirty pancakes, you don't even have to say real words.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, let me.
Speaker 11: Tell you something, all right, got mos good dong oh congestion.
Speaker 5: So okay, I know, like Michael, Michael, don't you see the irony here that the actual working class people are taking the subway. They're the ones that are going to be hurt by this performative fealty to suburban car driving voters.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you're saying right.
Speaker 12: Now, Michael. We'll come back, we'll find that out. Politics.
Speaker 4: Hey, well, back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 5: Our political divisions are worse than ever, but there's one group of people that surprisingly benefit from it.
Speaker 2: Troy Wata has more.
Speaker 1: There is no doubt that this election is exhausting and furiating and divisive, but to some the endless cycle of insults and part of the attacks might actually be a turn on.
Speaker 13: That's right.
Speaker 1: The hottest new fetish is political humiliation, and this correspondent is ready to dive in to see political shaming is the new sexy. To find out more about this niche fetish, I traveled to the top spot for political shaming, Tampa, Florida, to two of the top specialists in the field. Goddess Vivian Lee, a dominatrix who specializes in humiliating liberals and goddess branded all have small pieces A dominatrix who specializes in shaming conservatives using her popular personas Evonka Tramp and Laura Hilbert. When did you notice that people were asking for this political shaming?
Speaker 14: I put up my first video when Trump first went into office.
Speaker 15: I had this terrible blonde wig that started off with Avanka.
Speaker 14: They got a lot of exposure and they just flew up, especially on my phone line.
Speaker 15: Request started rolling in from there, and I just kind of leaned into it and kept going with it.
Speaker 1: So do you think that Trump played a huge part in the growth of this need? Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: It didn't exist before him, and I don't think it would really exist without him.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, who knew that eighty year old men can make people so horny?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 14: I would count on that to pay my bills.
Speaker 1: M So what do conservatives want to be sexually humiliated about?
Speaker 15: I definitely focus on what I would consider to be the sensitive subjects, like race based topics, feeling and adequate to black men, and wanting that may be rubbed in their face a little bit gay temptation, the fact that a lot of them have issues with like women of power.
Speaker 13: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that rich white men are insecure?
Speaker 7: And what turns on lubrious American anything?
Speaker 14: Camo agains, they go absolutely insane for the Confederate bikini. We often end up discussing a certain politician's part.
Speaker 1: Who's the popular one?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 14: Sometimes it's Daddy to Santi Stick.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was time to find out firsthand what to expect from a political humiliation session.
Speaker 2: So ring ring, hello.
Speaker 7: Hello, Troy, how are you tell me about you?
Speaker 1: I am a news anchor.
Speaker 14: No, no, I'm a little sissy liberal bitch, and I'm calling for you to tell me I'm going to vote for Daddy Trump.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm that was a long line that you gave me. I'm very conservative, as is my penis.
Speaker 7: Stupid, stupid penis. You know what I think you need?
Speaker 2: What do I need?
Speaker 7: A strap on?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: That's what I think you need?
Speaker 13: Like a fanny pack.
Speaker 1: A big what's in the fanny pack?
Speaker 7: Penises?
Speaker 2: Real penises.
Speaker 14: I'm going to put you in a cute little American flag diaper and a Trump T shirt and best little Mega had a boy could wear.
Speaker 13: Hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a big fanny pack of penises on my head, and I hate drag queens. They're ruining the world with their fun.
Speaker 15: Just trying to mind your own straight business, and these temptations are everywhere.
Speaker 7: You were once entitled to a wife. Yeah, and now.
Speaker 15: All of these fems running around deciding not to marry white and cell men.
Speaker 7: They need wives and mommies.
Speaker 14: Say thank you.
Speaker 1: Daddy, Thank you daddy for letting me vote for chump, for letting me vote.
Speaker 7: It's hard to be a straight guy.
Speaker 1: Do you think that those involved get more knowledge on their own and opposing political views because of your services?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 14: I think that I inspire them to want to at least look something up.
Speaker 7: I mean, their penises are in their hands.
Speaker 15: I guess it would be awesome if you could take a step back and think to yourself, like, hmm, are my thoughts and opinions obnoxious and hateful?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you're dealing with shame, so maybe you have changed them. But they're a shamed.
Speaker 7: They're just not going to tell me exactly quietly shamed.
Speaker 1: I needed to understand more about this fetish from a psychological standpoint, so I brought sex expert doctor Justin Lee Miller to the Museum of Sex to make him feel at home and ask if you knew why this fetish was the one thing that crossed the political aisle right now.
Speaker 9: There's some trauma conected to our politics, and something that happens in our fantasies is that it provides this opportunity to take control of a previous trauma. So there can be something empowering about taking something like shame or humiliation and then having complete control over it. There's also some sort of humanizing element that happens when people engage in this kind of kinky behavior. People can tap into deeper elements and aspects of the self.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this fetish could help the country come together?
Speaker 9: No, pun intended. I don't have any data that could necessarily say that's the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need the data, and since there is no official data on this topic, it's up to me to do the research to find out if political humiliation is the solution to America's problems just in time for the election.
Speaker 2: I don't really batch you more of a purple. That's too hard, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm a slept boy for that policy or that policy.
Speaker 7: If I want to.
Speaker 14: Let me me, let me me levin.
Speaker 2: What is your because you've been going in circle?
Speaker 1: Did my dada result in a fix for the election?
Speaker 7: Talking?
Speaker 13: Was I turned on?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure? You know what?
Speaker 2: Maybe I should just vote independent? What I think?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what we might be getting somewhere else but this. But I guess no matter what happens in November, in this country, there will always be plenty of shame.
Speaker 2: Here. You probably when we come back.
Speaker 5: Kevin Bacon joining me on the show, Don't go what.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 5: My guest tonight, an award winning actor who has started in the horror film Maxine and Beverly Hills cop axel F.
Speaker 2: Please welcome Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 7: Nice nice, nice, nice, Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, all night, apoc David there, dare I say.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay?
Speaker 2: That that that? Dare I say? Beloved? That's what that sounded like? Oh?
Speaker 13: Thank you? It's nice. It's nice to be loved. You know. It's funny people talk about what a pain in the ass. They ask you about what a pain in the ass it is to be famous, and I'm like, you know what, it's the greatest thing. People will stop you on the street and say I love you, and you go, who gets that in life? Yeah? You know what I mean, it's like, yeah, I never take that for granted. So thank you. You're very tough.
Speaker 2: My first question, is it a pain in the ask to be famous? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's funny watching that clip right there. You get to be a bad guy in the new Beverly Hills copy, and then also in mazine you get to be a bit of a scumbag in.
Speaker 13: That as well. Yeah yeah, yeah, Erry, real scumbag.
Speaker 2: What demons are you exercising?
Speaker 13: You know what, It's funny you say that because I mean, I'm not afraid of being a bad guy in the movie. You know, there's a lot of people that go, that's like a gross thing. I don't want to do that because they think it's going to somehow reflect on them personally. And I've always thought they're just gonna like the work speak for itself, you know. I mean, I'm an actor. It's not about me being me up there, about me trying to walk in somebody else's shoes. So when I look at these two guys, they're they're completely different men. The character of Maxine and the character in Beverly Hills Cops. So to me, it's just great parts and I just want to I just want to be them and I'm exercising some demons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's where you were going from. There's a darkness there, right, Yes, there is?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Is that something you had to grow into?
Speaker 5: Like when you start out acting, were you comfortable taking those roles or were you in your head about how you would be perceived.
Speaker 13: I was never in my head about that. I was always about like I just I just was always about doing something that was edgier and darker and more of a stretch. And listen, it's it's like the greatest thing because you live your life and then you get to pretend to, uh, you know, hate somebody without hating them, or kill somebody without killing them, or you know, do like questionable things and then just go back and live up, you know, hopefully you know, a decent life.
Speaker 2: We should get more people shitty things to do on camera.
Speaker 13: Maybe yeah, you might be on this upthing there.
Speaker 2: You get to work with Eddie Murphy on this. You never worked with that.
Speaker 13: I would never work with Eddie Murphy. And it's really cool because you know, he's just I mean, he's just Eddie Murphy. He's just that guy. You know, he's so he's so great, he's so cool, the way he comes on the set. And you know, the other day, I was on the flight flying back. I can't remember where I was coming from, but I was watching YouTube and a clip from one of his comedy specials popped up. And I don't know if you ever had this experience on a plane where you're laughing so hard at something you feel bad for the people around you. Yeah, And I was literally trying to tamp it down and tears were rolling down my face. I mean, he's just, he's great, and so to be on camera with him and to be in a scene like that was just so much fun.
Speaker 2: Usually for me on the plane, I'm weeping.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, it could be a comedy or a tragedy.
Speaker 5: I'm weeping, and I'm not trying to hide it from other people. I'm looking for any kind of comfort I can get.
Speaker 13: Fear of flying, fear of just fear of.
Speaker 5: Facing my own in personal demons and emotions.
Speaker 13: Yeah, maybe you should take on some bad guy parts.
Speaker 5: You know what, if they would offer me any single role. I would say, yes, they're afraid to let me even walk on to most rolls. They're just like, you know what, stick behind that desk and talk about politics, shall you. It's different because Beverly Hills Cop came out. The last Beverly Hills Cop movie was thirty years ago. How do you think, I mean, how do you think gen Z is going to relate to a movie like this? A lot of these folks didn't come up with the Beverly Hills Cop franchise.
Speaker 13: Okay, this is going to tell you how old I am.
Speaker 2: Remind me thirty four, Let me get thirty four.
Speaker 13: No, remind me what gen Z is.
Speaker 2: What gen Z is post millennials.
Speaker 13: So I don't know what a millennial Oh.
Speaker 2: Boy, jeez, I'm not. I'm serious.
Speaker 5: It's the phone generation, a generation that came up always knowing the Internet.
Speaker 13: What are they going to think of the movie? I think I think the movie is is really fun and really cool, and I would think that you know, it's there is a certain amount of nostalgia in it, for sure, but probably with a franchise that's that well known, you've probably heard your parents or maybe your grandparents talk about it. And and and you know, maybe you go back and watch watch the originals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Now you're also a Maxine, a great horror franchise.
Speaker 13: It's the third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's compelling to go back. You Friday the thirteenth. It is one of your first roles. It was second role. I believe you have a great death where I think you get knifed while having sex and the knife through your neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, awesome, man, Yeah, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 13: It was great because you know, horror movies, especially back then, were often kind of thinly veiled morality tales. They it was a way to pick whoever were the type of people that somebody decided should not should die, and those people were usually people that did drugs and had sex, right, and so I did.
Speaker 2: But that's why I wanted to die.
Speaker 13: I was like, how dare you? Exactly? And you know, the funny thing is is that in those days, like those were those are the cool people, you know what I mean? But those are the ones that always had to die in the in the in the horror movies. And so I had you know the one to the one two punch had Yeah, I mean I had sex. I got sad sex first and then and then smoked the joint and then the arrow went through the throat.
Speaker 2: If you gotta go pick it that way?
Speaker 13: Can I tell you something where you know e sometimes you know there's people that have photographs that they want you to sign, you know, right, And the number one photograph that I'm asked to sign is me dead with an arrow sticking out of my throat. Really yeah, And I'm always like, don't you have anything of you?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 2: That's the image?
Speaker 5: Is that your fear that at the oscars in memoriam, that's the image that they show.
Speaker 13: My fear is that I don't make the end memorial.
Speaker 5: Kevin Bacon, Judging by the reception that you had, you were going to be there, you think so, And they're not going to show you dead. They're going to show a picture of you having sex at the end of the.
Speaker 13: DESERNI listen, hopefully that's how I died.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that you go out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to segue into your marriage.
Speaker 2: But it feels weird, now, does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: You know why it feels weird because married people don't have sex. That's why it feels weird, because that's the overall perception.
Speaker 2: It is the overall perception.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will say, why, like you're you're all over TikTok Instagram. Uh, you look like you're living the best life. I will say, you and your wife kers Edgewick. Yeah, you you're singing, you're dancing, you're playing with alpacas and goats.
Speaker 2: Yes, it feels like you hacked it.
Speaker 5: I'm curious what advites you up for somebody who wants to be successful on TikTok and also save their marriage.
Speaker 13: Wow, that's a heavy lift. I don't know. Listen, I never give marriage advice because it's just we don't know. Man, We're just marriage doesn't work. Let's face it, how many people stay married? It makes no sense. Nobody's the never one gets to You should think of it as something that you're just doing for a while, and then if you turn around and you know, thirty six later, thirty six years later, you're still doing it for a while or whatever, you know, then we'll you keep doing it for a little while longer.
Speaker 2: So switch the vows.
Speaker 5: So not till that was part, but till till maybe September.
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly right. Don't put too much pressure on the whole idea of like that. That's why when people ask ask both of us about it, we're like, no, no, no, no, we're not We're not going there.
Speaker 2: Do you get that?
Speaker 13: Like, did you get instantly?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yes? How do you do it? How do you do it? How do you do it? And not just in the in the public situation or in a press situation from like you know, genuinely young people, especially young actors in relationships, who are looking at the idea of two actors being in a relationship and and and you know, is that is that going to be hard? And I really I just don't have any advice. My one piece of advice that's silly is my one piece of advice that we usually give is just don't take advice from celebrities on how to stay married, because I mean a pleasure.
Speaker 2: I promise to disregard all of this. Then.
Speaker 5: Beverly Hills Cop Acts Left premieres on Netflix July third, and Maxine will be in theaters July fifth.
Speaker 2: Kevin Bacon, We'll take a good break from back. I got shopping tonight now where it.
Speaker 16: Is I love it is that we just got Speaking of New York City, Mayor Juliana former Mayor Giuliani's mugshot from Arizona authorities. This is his mugshot. That's not the mug shot. This is the mugshot that was another mugshot of his, which clearly he's gotten a lesson from that prior mugshot because this one is he's smiling.
Speaker 13: At least that's right.
Speaker 9: The prior mugshot was from the I guess the Georgia cases.
Speaker 13: So now he's on his second mug shot.
Speaker 2: What happened to him?
Speaker 3: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast