Speaker 1: Guys, what a week have wed? I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I have two coffees and tequila and what a career? Huh, it's all over. We just finished up a weekend of shows at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 3: That's right, three shows at MSG sold out. It was a great but they still.
Speaker 1: They took it from me. It was amazing. What you have no soundboard? That's apparently they cut me off.
Speaker 2: We're about to see how little personality Joe actually has.
Speaker 4: This is going to be an extremely unfunny episode.
Speaker 2: How'd you feel the weekend went? I felt it was great? What else happened this weekend?
Speaker 1: We played listen, when's that for the first time? That's right? We have the.
Speaker 2: Ropemer coming up this week and we all over the place on radio, on your iPods, your CD walkman's oh those.
Speaker 3: You know we talk about burning a CD in the song please don't burn the City of our song.
Speaker 1: That was just it's just a reminder of what was illegal. I like that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of uh burning CDs, we did quite a bit of that with our guests.
Speaker 1: Today, we have.
Speaker 2: Our first ever repeat guests, Double Down. They are some of our closest friends. They are full of memories of their time when they were the Og Band. Uh once once was We'll always be, will always be. But we felt like the first episode with them was a bit soft. Yeah, it was like a first date.
Speaker 1: It felt kind of weird.
Speaker 3: We all left there being like, yo, I like you, but I feel like you didn't get like Yeah, I felt like I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready for a second date. So this is we're giving him another shot. But they apparently have come.
Speaker 2: They've come ready with lots of stories, never before heard story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even John Taylor took a helicopter in Hey. This episode brought to you by helicopters. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back to the Couch to the Hey Jonas Couch, the Og Band.
Speaker 1: John, Greg Jack. Great to have you back in the pot.
Speaker 2: I'd hit a clapping sound board, but I don't have it, so we're going to put it in the edit. Every time I do this, I am giving the producer's freedom to come up with any sound.
Speaker 5: So I like that one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I just imagine.
Speaker 2: What do you think it was that Joe became unfunny? When did he lose his what year?
Speaker 5: I think you're just born with it.
Speaker 1: From a fee to a fee. I would say that media and the comedians you guys watching at home.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Greg has been funny for quite a while. Yeah, Jack Jack guy in the band guys fluctuate.
Speaker 3: We're talking about your first visit on the Hey Jones pod and how we felt like the first episode was like a first day with you guys. It kind of was like, huh, not good enough for a second. I'll tell you that much, so we're giving you another shot. That makes a lot of sense. That's great.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I thought it was. I think it was great.
Speaker 2: It was a good I'm just trying to keep him on the hot seat. It was a good first try. It was a good first try. We all left going we could do better. Like John, you told like three or four stories as we were walking away from the podcast going to sound check that day.
Speaker 1: That or gold that you didn't share. Yeah, we got a vault.
Speaker 5: What do we remember?
Speaker 2: He apparently doesn't remember anything. He's been saying that a lot recently covering his tracks in case I know a.
Speaker 1: Good I remember it all. Greg remembers every day.
Speaker 3: I remember saying that just for the viewer or listener agent height, please.
Speaker 1: My age, I'm forty four years old and I'm six foot eight. That's one of those things. It's true.
Speaker 6: I'm thirty nine years old. I had to think about that. My birthday's coming up, so please send me something, and don't.
Speaker 1: You tell me address.
Speaker 2: Where are we going to celebrate your birthday? Send them a tweet to at poop McGhee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, send me gift cards and we're going to be in Australia. We are on my birthday when I turned the Big four zero.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: We had a running joke the other day that we're going to celebrate your birthday with a Nick got a salad at a restaurant and it was positioned linear and it was like, let us laid out.
Speaker 2: It was positioned horizontally. It was long, so it was a long salad. It was long like dominoes.
Speaker 1: I was following along via text. It made a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 2: I will say this. We were not high when we started coming up with.
Speaker 1: This, but we were. We were in Canada.
Speaker 2: We're gonna open a restaurant. It's where everything is served left to right. It's all long. Eat a long salad. It goes like this, you eat it across left to right, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to give it.
Speaker 1: French fries that are just lined up individually, you have to eat it.
Speaker 2: What about the spaghetti and then yeah, long spaghetti with a drip of marinaro in a row, they're laid out. It's going to do well in certain places. Yeah, cities like Sioux Falls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my god, they'd love to eat left high concept dining.
Speaker 4: You eat and sit left to right like you like walk in, sit left to right, long Canoli's.
Speaker 1: Here's my pitch. Here's my pitch.
Speaker 3: You get a My pitch is you get a if you bring a guest and you can get through the entire dinner without them mentioning that everything's left to right and it's obviously very is all?
Speaker 1: Are you get a free meal?
Speaker 7: So explain this a little bit more for those listening at home, and because we're using our hands a bit. Is it like you are you deconstructing a hot dog or something to that effect?
Speaker 1: Is an ingredient by an Indian jump on one side.
Speaker 2: Dog is technically a long food, so would we wouldn't have it at our There are foods that are long, no foods that are not long.
Speaker 5: Long long foods the basic food.
Speaker 2: But ros already got it off the Men like the Men item.
Speaker 1: You can order it. We have lots of we don't really prefer to make it.
Speaker 2: Oh Jack, we forgot to ask your birthday and your age and your favorite.
Speaker 8: Your birthday and your age. My birthday September twentieth, nineteen eighty seven. Okay, so that makes you thirty eight years old.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: So John is the oldest, the eldest. Did you feel like he was always the eldest? Did he?
Speaker 1: Did he make you feel like you were younger than him when we was in the band a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like he was like older brother vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John told me everything about life I did.
Speaker 2: Like Actually, John taught me a lot about life too, like what it was effectively my chaperone for a lot of the early days of touring, and he was dangerous. Teach me about conspiracy theories. He gave me hot takes on music, which was mostly you just kind of shitting on everything that wasn't sort of emo pop Jason or came out of Burke or the Beatles, came out of Burkeer the Beatles.
Speaker 1: It's true Berkeley to the Beatles. Then memoir of John Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg was sort of more Greg and Jack was sort of more around our age, closer to our age. Yeah right, and so we did silly stuff.
Speaker 1: It was cool what happened.
Speaker 3: But I back to your point of not knowing anything. John Taylor taught you how to use microwave.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, which we mentioned in part one. We didn't get.
Speaker 7: See, this is this year we can unbock some things that we brushed over and please one.
Speaker 1: So here's the real story.
Speaker 7: Greg lovely Greg, incredible family, incredible parents. Greg is allergic to almost everything. So for one of his birthdays, I made Greg a business card that lists all of his allergies so that when he's abroad he could hand that or anywhere he could hand that to a waiter.
Speaker 1: Because I love Greg that has all of his allergies.
Speaker 7: Gifts, I'm allergic to all these things. Please give this to the death. I think I gave him five hundred of those business cards had a great cartoon version of Greg on it, the cars Dude, and so it was foods that the groove Dude approves. So Greg had never cooked food, he'd never done laundry. He went home every weekend from Seaton Hall to stay with his folks because that was a safe place to be because of the sold world's dangerous for a guy like Greg, so flash he's trying. He's trying to, you know, bring himself in and acclimate to an environment on the road, and we're helping him through that.
Speaker 1: I was maybe a little aggressive and a bit of a bull and you didn't bully him at all. No, I sure know. I come from a family of four.
Speaker 7: I'm the third of four, and I grew up in a neighborhood of the thousand people in it. And bullying is it's a little bit in there. It toughens the skin a bit, thickens it up. So Greg he takes it upon himself. He's hungry. We're on the tour bus and I watch him and I just observe, almost like a guy on a safari watching an animal who's just been born.
Speaker 1: And he reaches into the cupboard. I'm like, oh, what's he doing.
Speaker 7: We're on a tour bus, right, And he pulls a can of spaghettios out of the cupboard and he glances at the can, doesn't certainly doesn't read the instructions whatever.
Speaker 6: He opens the microwave, but I read on the can microwave for three minutes. Yes, but for some reason.
Speaker 7: There's a lawsuit into the microwave. I'm still watching it at this point. My eyebrows are up. I'm like, oh, this is good. For some reason, he doesn't press three minutes. He just hits like the you know, rapid start button whatever, and it goes for one minute.
Speaker 1: And I'm watching him and he's whoa, whoa, and the sparks start flying up. I'm like, Greg, Greg, turn the front of the mic I let him get all the.
Speaker 7: Way there, because sometimes you gotta let the kid to touch the flame before you pull him from the phone.
Speaker 2: Part of you that was was curious what would happen to him in the scenario or.
Speaker 7: Was it just a by arresting the scenario that was happening at the time was probably selfishly motivated because if the microwave broke, I wouldn't be able to microwave my four hundred Totinos pizza roles that I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Eat after the show.
Speaker 7: So h you know, because I've gone through some phases, guys, I was, I was. I was housing maybe five thousand calories of frozen food a day back then.
Speaker 6: Also, John, once on the bus you drank like ten water bottles of water in like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I think we had to pull the bus over. It was like a bit you would do.
Speaker 5: John did this thing one time.
Speaker 2: It just went right through his body, massive amounts of liquid and as as quickly as you possibly can you and Big Rob.
Speaker 1: That was like a feat.
Speaker 7: I would be.
Speaker 1: I remember remember the red bulls. He would chug red bulls as fast as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I recall John, you housing two or three red bulls as you often did. And at this particular show while we're on tour, there was a very famous televis angelists that attended the shows, and he did the prayer at the prayer circle was the show, and your heart was pounding.
Speaker 1: I just remember looking over.
Speaker 2: At this hell of angelists and he looked at you and it was like, this person's going on stage in two minutes.
Speaker 1: And I lived to tell the story, I would be.
Speaker 7: I would be rich today in the TikTok Instagram world if I could still chug liquid siced. There's this guy who fills up a cowboy boot with stuff and just takes it down the hatch, And like I could do that, I can't.
Speaker 3: We had some legendary people in the pre show huddle, which would sometimes be a prayer, sometimes just be like a I don't know if campfire.
Speaker 2: Was a minute care living the dream. Matt Damon was one person.
Speaker 6: He joined in and closed out the Burning Up tour in Miami. Yes, he was there for prayer.
Speaker 1: Our mother really enjoyed having Matt Damon at the prayer circle.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed it too, But you're dead guy. Thank God for Barry Gibb when he was there.
Speaker 2: Came to show this family and he joined the prayer circle and he would come and in the Miami are for get Another person we had in our in our pre show huddle, which was pretty incredible for all of us because he was also just hanging out and catering one day was Paul Simon.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's John. You and I had one of our favorite nights ever his friends at the Paul Simon show at the Hollywood Bowl. Yes, yeah, that's one of my favorite memories.
Speaker 7: These are the things that would happen as a band member with Jonas brothers, and these are the things that sometimes these guys would have to miss because of how hard they were working for you guys.
Speaker 1: The fans at home.
Speaker 7: So at that point we were doing big meet and greets, and I remember your dad came and said, hey, every day, what's a big meet and greet? Like five hundred, six hundred people. It would take show, it would take hours. Because you're really gracious with your fans, you took a lot of time to really show up and connect with them. And your dad came back. We were in uh new work at P and C and your dad comes back. He said, would you mind spending some time with someone? Because the guys were tied up. He got here early and his daughter's in the meet and greet line and he didn't mention who was He's like, he's in catering. And then because you guys were tied up, I walk into catering and it's Paul Simons and I'm like, yeah, I'm going to hang out. And I like almost two hours with Paul Simon while you guys were in the me I walked him to front of the house and to HUTSI I took him through the back. He played some of my guitars, we walked around the stage.
Speaker 5: You didn't calm hang out with me, and Simon.
Speaker 3: Wanted to for me to be honest, I would also not be like, sorry, guys, I didn't even know who it was, and I'm a really all these years and then wow, that wasn't the only musical legend that you met throughout this process.
Speaker 1: You've got like the what's it.
Speaker 2: Called, what's the the Guy and Avengers in finish stones, you get the infinished stones of legend because Brian Wilson also come to you and said, Hey, how's music.
Speaker 7: Brian Wilson did say how's music at backstage at the hollywa.
Speaker 1: On multiple occasions.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney was around, But I will say John and I I'm sorry, guys. We have one of the best memories of you know, meeting pretty cool people. During the Obama presidency, I was asked to be a part of the Motown tribute Facts. John accompanied me as both my friend, musical director and guitar player, and last minute they're like, hey, can you do a song for the for the luncheon before the event tomorrow night? And I'm like, uh, sure, I'll perform for Motown Legends with basically no rehears.
Speaker 7: Smokey Robinson and Barry Gordy and Michelle Obama in the front let us.
Speaker 1: Play your three thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're like, what if we just play the song I'm doing tomorrow night, which we've been practicing. So we played jug A Ba honey Punch, just John and acoustic, and then that night went to sound check at the White House and the next day and this is I'll land I'll land the plane soon. I remember asking John who was also there, sort of as like a management rep kind of like help you know, like what's the dress code for tonight because I don't recall like having seen that. And it was listed as right like casual or something. Yeah, it was something like cocktail casual. I don't remember it was. It was not as hard to understand language.
Speaker 4: So it's one of the garden party like wedding.
Speaker 1: Things like we don't know what it is. We realize.
Speaker 2: By the way, the wardrobe attire was for the daytime event.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the nighttime event was a practice high.
Speaker 1: White House.
Speaker 2: In the East room at the White House, Michelle Obama, Stevie Wonder, every legend you can think of the front row and I'm doing a Motown tribute with Seal, Jamie Fox and John Legend. They're all suited, booted I'm I scramble. I go to like Sears or something nearby. Just get a white button down shirt and a black tie. No jackets would fit them on stage, and just that.
Speaker 1: You looked amazing. It was ridiculous, looked amazing.
Speaker 7: And they sat me directly behind the president and the vice president. And I said to the person when they sat me, I think I'm in the wrong seat, and they were like, no, that's your seat.
Speaker 4: So you have a hard time with that stuff, like when you when you show up to an event and it's you're under dressed or you think it's going to be something.
Speaker 1: Like do you panic? Have you met nick Y? Like what kind of question is that regularly?
Speaker 4: Have you before today to say, hey, what like it just happened to me face, it's kind of happening to me.
Speaker 1: You look fantastic. It did happen to me.
Speaker 4: Before the Disney Legends thing, I had a suit with my outfit and it looked like I was like a five year old. Put on dad, let's unpack this because you were you were your little Let me see that the trailer was warm and it got hot and Kevin was injury.
Speaker 1: You were really long.
Speaker 3: I thought it looked very fashionable. Kevin did not like I knew. I've been I've been there. It's frustrating for a minute.
Speaker 1: You got to you got to recalibrate and you have to get it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have like you should buy like a like yeah, boxing, no jacket, no jacket, no shirt. In his case was great. In mine not so good.
Speaker 1: I remember it and I think it was great.
Speaker 7: You can find that online the PBS special. Yeah, you crushed it. It was incredible. Greg filling Games was the music director. It was a world class band. You were up there with your peers and contemporaries. You say, you were up there with a bunch of legends. You're a legend yourself, and you crushed it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Well thanks John Taylor and I also had a really good celeb highlight night. I think all of us went to go see YouTube play at the Toronto Blue Jays Stadium. We were filming Camp were filming Camp Rock Deuce at the time. I had an early morning the next day and during the show.
Speaker 2: Important to to note to you were nineteen at the time, right, I was, you were legally able to drink in Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: We were approached all of us by what was Bono's publicism, and he said, excuse me, Hi, I just want to let you guys know that Bono is going to be having a really exclusive after party and he wanted to extend it by you and the band. We'd love to see you guys there obviously is on stage, but right now you can't say hi, but he would love to say how do you guys after the show? And we're all like, oh, thank you. Now that kind of felt like, oh, this is probably not really, like it's not Bona's not really they really say an exclusive after he said exclusive VIP like slib only party. That's hilarious, And so we said some thing a I would write.
Speaker 1: So we were like one million we knowing that we had at early morning, We're like, well, like all right, let's just write this off. Is not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So we go by the hotel, but like the whole drive back and by the way, one of the best concerts we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Did you shave today? Yeah? I'm gonna look different now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I shaved her. Well, I shaved twice. Actually I shaved a game when I got here.
Speaker 1: Shadow. So anyway, so then we get to the hotel. I remember we get on our floor at like floor fifteen.
Speaker 3: John Taylor looked at I'm I'm like, bro, the parties across the street, like we're going to the part.
Speaker 1: What if we don't go? Everyone to bed.
Speaker 3: Everyone was like, all right, we'll see in the morning, and you and I look at him like, I know it's already like eleven pm. We have to wake up early, Like I think our call time was five a am or whatever. I was like, but if, like Bono, one of my heroes, is just I had this vision of him just waiting for us, like I guess they'll never show.
Speaker 1: So Johnna is like, let's just go.
Speaker 3: So we went down walk across the street, walk in and it's kind of like empty, Like it was like people were starting to kind of like trickle in because the concert was just finishing.
Speaker 1: We got there pretty fast.
Speaker 7: That's that's what happens when you have a party that's a little too exclusive, you know, when it's all VIP celebrities, it's thin and super important.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of people around you.
Speaker 3: This is like pre Drake, So the party was not at many Toronto's Lips Drink was still into grassy at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so then Jimmy got shot.
Speaker 2: So then about forty five minutes in, I look at John, I'm like, look, we can wait another ten minutes, but if like Bono doesn't show them, we should just.
Speaker 7: Leave quick side note there was also a hater in the room and you got to squash some beef.
Speaker 1: So don't forget about that part. That's important. I was gonna forget that, okay.
Speaker 3: Like the doors shoot open and like like it felt like a movie scene, like a mist of smoke, and Bono walks in with his shirts buttoned down to like the flask button. He's in a jean shirt and jean pants and he just has his sunglasses on.
Speaker 1: He's looking around.
Speaker 3: He's like hey, hey, yayyy and he walks stripes to us.
Speaker 1: It's just me and John sitting on a round table.
Speaker 3: He sits down right next to us and we're like ugh, and he immediately just starts talking to us for hours wherever.
Speaker 1: And he then is like, you need to meet my friend.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do it his impression. I'm not gonna even try to do impression. You need to me my friend. And Maxwell, the singer comes over and says with us, I'm like, oh my god. And then somebody sends him a flag and it was like an Irish or his favorite team's flag and it was like defaced, like like jokingly, like funny content, and he's like where is he?
Speaker 1: And he kids up.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'll be all right back and Colin Colin Farrell was outside apparently, and they're like best friends but also rivals of the like it's similar to Man City and Liverpool Jack and Iran City favor there's like a friendly robbery and he was like, where is he going?
Speaker 1: And he walks outside him to mess up.
Speaker 3: Colin Farrell was wild and but the highlight for me and for both of us, I guess I would say he was like not giving us like tons of amazing advice, talking about songwriting and like we're in our career. It was everything you would have dreamt of meeting one of your heroes. And yes, and then the lead singer at Snow Patrol. Two weeks before that, he there was an article where he essentially wrote something about the purity rings that we had at that time and how it was a way for us to sell music to people and to like and it was like a Disney's idea and we were.
Speaker 1: Just like dangerous.
Speaker 3: It is a marketing selling sex to young people as a marketing tool, and he thought it was like selling non sex, Yeah, non sex, and he sat down. And at this moment, I feel full of confidence because I'm like surrounded by Maxwell John Bono and like.
Speaker 1: Kings Leon were the opening band that they were there too, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were kicking it too, and I just remember being like, yeah, I kind of feel invincible.
Speaker 1: And I just was like I met the lead singer Garry Walks up.
Speaker 2: Bono was like, oh me, my friend Joe Jonas whatever, and I'm like, oh hi, and I was like, oh yeah, actually I have something I want to talk to you about. And I was like that article was like when we went we kind of got into it and then Bona made him sit down and we like kind of aired it out and it was really.
Speaker 1: Mediated and squashed a beef.
Speaker 7: Regularly well, driving home late at night in Ireland will pick up like a guy who's trunk out a pub and drive him back to his house and knock on the door and wake his wife up and be like I got your husband here, and the wife's here.
Speaker 1: He's a saint, so can I.
Speaker 6: This reminds me of a time I had a huge fumble. Kind of has to do with Bono my first year working in management with you guys, Joe's and and Jack uh. We had just launched d n C and we traveled constantly and we were working every single day trying to promote Kicked by the Ocean.
Speaker 1: This is right before the song started.
Speaker 2: Getting We're operating like an eighties hair metal band.
Speaker 1: It was. It was tequila at three.
Speaker 5: I was totally exhausted.
Speaker 1: It was fun, it was so fun, but it was the time.
Speaker 6: I uh, so was Christmas time and we finally had just gotten off the the jingle ball shows actually nice.
Speaker 1: And I had been away from home for so long.
Speaker 6: And that year my brother in law, Reeve Carney, was was in a show, a Broadway show, spider Man Turned Off the Dark, which was all the music was written by Bono and the Edge, So Reeve and the entire family we were all invited to Ireland to spend Christmas at Bono's house and I and everybody went except for me and my wife. We said, oh, you know, I've just been touring a lot. I think I'm just We're just gonna hang.
Speaker 1: At home, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I totally fumbled, like.
Speaker 7: You did not have your allergy card yet and that was probably a safe decision.
Speaker 1: Foods are safe and you probably some peas or something cereal awesome. That's the first time I met by me.
Speaker 3: He's just like sitting there going like, why did that guy not want to come to.
Speaker 5: I have a story. I'll make it short though.
Speaker 8: I got into a Paul McCartney after party because they thought you guys were going, and I was like, yeah, the guys are on their way and they're like, cool, come on in, and then I got to hang out.
Speaker 5: Came you guys never came.
Speaker 8: Actually, I don't think I knew you guys were coming at the time, but by the time I got in, I was like, where I'm not going to leave. It was at the Hollywood Bowl show. We all were going to go and then you guys went WHOA.
Speaker 5: I was like, do you.
Speaker 1: Guys ever use that? Like use the band thing?
Speaker 6: I got out of a speeding ticket once because I just said, it's just in New Jersey during the Burning Up tour and I said, uh. I played bass for the Jonas Brothers and he was like, do you have a CD?
Speaker 1: Like what, why would I have the CD?
Speaker 2: A CD on you?
Speaker 1: Though? No?
Speaker 7: And he just I just he just believed me same and he let me got out of a speeding ticket early days because of you guys. On one of those North Jersey turnpike off shoot ros, I was going very fast.
Speaker 4: I got the opposite though, I got pulled over and I got you.
Speaker 1: Got to take it because you're Jonahs brother.
Speaker 4: I think it may have been because he was like proving a point to his state trooper friends that he pulled over a Jonah's brother and he was going to send.
Speaker 2: Me the full letter of the law. Name in badge that's three seven to two on the New Jersey No. But like he like pulled me out of the car. The whole thing it was like inspect the vehicle, you need to see.
Speaker 4: Because he I presented him with a Texas license and his whole thing was, you can't own a car in New Jersey with the Texas license, And I.
Speaker 1: Go, can you live in Jersey? Still? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But this was when I had residents in Texas and I was said, I have a home in both places, and but that's my main residence he goes, that's not allowed.
Speaker 1: I spent six months and one day.
Speaker 4: Exactly and I said it is allowed, and then he got me out of the car.
Speaker 2: I think you should start a like a offshoot podcast of the hay Jonas podcast, which is where you talk about legal stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we're gonna do some voicemailing, uh and we'd love your your help with these.
Speaker 9: I'm just approaching two years of marriage and it's been great. However, I have a terrible fear of spiders. And my husband doesn't want a pet dog, a pet pig. He want a freaking tarantula.
Speaker 1: How would you approach this?
Speaker 9: Thank you, Love you guys.
Speaker 3: So you're hud okay, so you guys are approaching two years of marriage. You don't like spiders, He doesn't want to get any other animal except a tarantula. He might not like you And yeah, that sounds crazy. I think if he gets a transula, you get whatever pet you want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something that eats tarantula's probably, Yeah, get a snake.
Speaker 4: Thinking about the tanslo typically it's gonna stay inside the glass case.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you ever seen home alone? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good point, I think, uh, yeah, you get whatever you want if but you can say yes to the transla.
Speaker 3: But you can get any animal you want, any animal, doesn't matter the price. You should you should retort? You should what's that word means?
Speaker 1: Retort?
Speaker 7: In other words, you should get a thing he hates. Oh, it is about compromise and retorting. Yeah, sometimes you need to just retort.
Speaker 1: Okay, next up, what do you go sonus? How are you guys?
Speaker 9: Listen? I got a buddy and he's on the call here with me. We've been we've been really good friends for over twenty five years, you know, almost best friends. We're close with each other's families. His kids call me uncle, My kids called him uncle. Uh.
Speaker 1: We look quite alike.
Speaker 9: We've always known that, but recently we were on a family vacation with our families late into the night when our kids were talking about how much he and I look alike and even act alike.
Speaker 1: Our mennerisms are the same.
Speaker 9: And you know, Jesus, like you guys are like brothers. It's like you guys are like brothers. My mom comes out and tells my buddy. She says, well, I knew your dad. This caused everyone to sort of squeal, and even the youngest kids knew what that little ellipsis after I knew might mean my mom was insinuating that her and my buddy's dad shagged in the past, and this got everyone investigating our kids, finding out timelines when it could have happened. Some timelines did add up for the possibility. Uh, there was a time where my my mom and who I have always known to be my dad were in a divorce and during that divorce, my buddy's dad was you you want to speak on this, but.
Speaker 10: Well, they were boning and there was he.
Speaker 9: We that that's the point, he was. What they were is a hotel receipt that was in the.
Speaker 10: There's a The point is I want to say to the Jonas bros. These guys are smart guys, very savvy. The obvious thing to do we take a DNA test, because because it's really clear that they were having sex at the time that you were pro created.
Speaker 9: Yes, you're jumping to a major conclusion, which is complete bullshit.
Speaker 1: Hang on a second.
Speaker 10: It doesn't mean there are some things and all of the evidence, all of the evidence backs it up.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is take the test, and you refuse to take the test.
Speaker 9: Question is why won't you, So let me speak about the details that my buddy is just harping on to believe that this is a scientific fact that we're actually actually Okay, Granted, my mom and who have always believes my dad, were in the middle of their second divorce when my buddy was in a place in West Texas where it is, we do have proof that my mom traveled to at that time.
Speaker 1: Doesn't say they hooked up. It says to my mom traveled to that place at that time.
Speaker 9: There is a quote that my buddy here likes to always say that my mom always says that her husband, the man I always believed to be my dad, said the day I was born.
Speaker 1: What's that he said?
Speaker 10: She said, come on, let's go to the hospital. She were about to give birth, and and she said, and he said said, I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To the hospital.
Speaker 10: That's not my kid, Which you told me long before ever mentioned anything to knowing about knowing Charles.
Speaker 1: That was in jest, okay, And mind you.
Speaker 10: It wasn't in jest that Now you're modifying history, your revisionist historians.
Speaker 1: Because you want this to be true. It's white part.
Speaker 9: This is what sucks about you. You're you're you're all excited about it and you and you're like, well me be excited about it, all right. You're right, if this was true, you gain't a brother, but I lose who I thought would be My dad has been my dad the last here's my life.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: But if that's the reason you don't want it, man, take a DNA test and that's maybe a legitimate reason, but at least it's an honest reason because you know that the evidence is there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: So so I just want to ask you, guys, what would you do in this situation? We take a test, but what would you do if the guy's unwilling to take the test? What's your idea.
Speaker 9: Whether I treat you like a brother blood or not. Let's just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Huh. I love it. You gain a dad too, by.
Speaker 5: The way, I love you and you.
Speaker 1: Alright, I leave it that hilarious? Wow, Wow, I'm blunt rotation.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, look, you could do a DNA test consentually. You could maybe take everyone back to sceneic Prime have a holiday vacation again, and then I'll be like, hey, we're gonna play a fun game.
Speaker 2: Everybody swallowed their mouth. It's like COVID something like that COVID the game. I liked it the whole time. We all just pretended like this thing that was obviously happening was not happening the whole time. It's like right there in front of you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Oh no, At first I thought it was Italian Jersey.
Speaker 2: I recognize it was just not even acknowledge it, you know what I mean, what are you guys talking about? It was definitely McConaughey, That's what we knew. But yeah, we just pretended the whole time like we didn't know that it was. At first, I was like, wait is this And I even said that was wild?
Speaker 3: That was great. Okay, well, guys, thanks again for being on the pod. Always good to see you guys, love your love you. Thank you for sharing some stories that we've we've that were unheard, and I think you're probably gonna have to come.
Speaker 1: Back for round three. That was good. Third date invite, Yeah wow, things are moving fast.
Speaker 2: Would like to join us in our our our send office, as we always do to our one phone listeners.
Speaker 1: By bye bye bye. I missed it.