Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I want to take some look now at stock's on the move today. I'm Alexis Christophers along with Lisa Matteo. We're joined by Christina Quino. She is back to look at what's moving and maybe a little early for beers for some, maybe not, but the maker of Medello Corona beers Consolation brands in the news today.
Speaker 1: That's right, Alexi. I mean, you know it's five pm somewhere right here you go, but yes, Constellation Brands ticker STZ not doing so hot today, shared it down more than two percent, and I was extending some of those earlier opening declines here. And that is because a City opened a negative thirty day catalyst watch on the company before its investor conference presentation on September second, So that's going to be after Labor Day weekend, and so City analyst Filippo Falorni is expecting the company to use the conference to lower guidance targets for twenty twenty six, particularly for the beer business. Now we know that that business has been struggling because of lower consumer demand because of the tariffs on aluminum cans. In July, they did report first quarter results that trailed expectations, and so analysts are expecting that there's going to be bad news next week from this company. All right, we go from Consolation Brands to Olaplex. So explain who this company is what they do nex Yeah, well, you know, they make fancy shampoos and they're very famous among TikTok influencers. You know, I've ever heard of a olaplex, but like that. This is how they they became part of the ze guys.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 3: She keeps us young. I like this, Christine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's have a look at that later. But yes, Oliplex ticker o lp X so shares are down at the moment, and that is because, you know, we did get announcement of acquisition for this company, per Vala Bioscience, So Olipex acquiring this Boston based biotech company that develops health and beauty products for the hair and skin. Investors are not particularly liking that they've actually extended the declines into shares two point six percent now, so not landing well with investors. But you know, we have seen a lot of volatility in their revenue trends since their IPO in twenty twenty one. But you know, we did get good news from Olipex Earlier this week. We had analysts from Caniqord turning bullish in a company citing their quote brand reinvigoration. So I'm sure the TikTok push is part of that, but it's not quite landing with investors today with shares.
Speaker 3: Down and you've got Semtech, that's what I'm hearing tech Sumtech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a semiconductor company ticker SMTC. Shares are roaring Alexis. They're up more than sixteen percent now, so more than doubling some of their opening games there. So they reported second quarter results a just a EPs of forty one cents, above the consensus forecasts and also way above their year and ear of eleven cents. And they're also forecasting a third quarter EPs in line with Bloomberg expectations. Our Bloomberg Intelligence analysts are saying that their results and outlooks suggests quote robust smartphone related revenue growth, so and particularly citing strong MyPhone sales. So good news all around for a sumtach.
Speaker 2: Here the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.