Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show with My Dog, my brother b D.
Speaker 1: What was hiding in bro?
Speaker 3: What's up everybody? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Just tell them brother? Before we get into this special episode. Please subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron David so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Follow the show on all social media platforms. That's at Dremond Show so you don't miss none of our great announcements. I do want to say something. We wanted to reach out from the show and set our hot felt message to everybody in LA going through the fires.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, first line defenders, people losing their homes, people getting sick from the smoke, being displaced.
Speaker 3: You know, our heart goes out.
Speaker 4: You know, being from LA and living in LA, you know, we know the importance of community, the importance of together and so you know, on our behalf, we're gonna be dropping some links different organizations that you can donate to, that you can volunteer, and you know, hit us up whatever we can do to help, whatever you can do to help. We want to bring La back. And you know our goal is to unify La. We've been through a lot. We've always been through stuff, but we always come out on time. So shout out to the whole fire department, first responders, the city, you know, the volunteers. We just wanted to show you a lot of love and appreciation in these times.
Speaker 1: We most definitely appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: And also all all all the fire departments that came from outside places to help fight those fires. Couldn't imagine being there, you know. I know the stress that I've dealt with over the last we can and half of just wondering and worrying that our house, that our home will be okay.
Speaker 1: You know, and just to know, like.
Speaker 2: But people being in that every single day, actually getting displaced from the home that they live in on a daily basis, you know, being taken out, kids being taken.
Speaker 1: Out of school.
Speaker 2: The reality is some of those kids being taken out of school, some of those parents still have to work, you know, and so you know, just with all the stuff going on, So we definitely send send our love to the whole city of La everybody affected, all of those helping and you know, doing all that you can in your power.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you all enough. But we're going to get into the show b D.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why you got the Is that is that the Elwood hoodie? I think so, man, GP put me on this brand. It's I think they based out of LA It's called Oh.
Speaker 1: Let me too?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about my new ship?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 6: You sir?
Speaker 1: Bar is gone?
Speaker 7: Happened to bar Old mill Bards.
Speaker 3: Transferring barn On mil to a true animation at the dreads.
Speaker 5: Shot with a boar.
Speaker 3: Hey man, you know it's I'll start weekend coming up.
Speaker 4: You know I got about when I say, about nine ten months to get ready for training camp. You know what I'm saying. So, hey man, I had to cut the dreams off. They was holding me back. I was missing shots and ship. So I staid off off with the hair. You trying to go back to BD with the with the hornet. When I show up in training camp, I'm out of headband, everything in the baggy shorts. Ah.
Speaker 1: This man just popped up on TV with a bar.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know I just switch him up.
Speaker 4: I had to look more professional, you know, we gotta look put more professional. The handing out these Amazon, MTV, NBC, Netflix deals, I'm like, okay, let me is it the hair.
Speaker 1: Let's see it was there because I know I could talk to talk. Is the hair is the hair? To me?
Speaker 3: You're scared of the gyms. These just say't real?
Speaker 1: Did you shave it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Did you shave your hair with a raise or clippers?
Speaker 4: Now what happened, bro, was the barber. He gave me a good cut, but my hairline I had a stephen Ag And so my kids kept calling me stephen A. And so I went back to the barber and I was like, hey, bro, I cannot be called stephen A nowhere.
Speaker 5: In l A.
Speaker 3: My kids is doing this. They was on the FaceTime them and all their prayers. They was like, stephen A. My dad got a stephen A. So I told the barber, I said, bro, take me all the way, take me home, take me home.
Speaker 4: So are you so?
Speaker 1: Are you saying stephen A need to come on home too?
Speaker 3: Man? I stephen A. That's that's his moniker, that's his logo.
Speaker 8: If you had a he was a silhouette, you would you would know that. You wouldn't know that stephen A.
Speaker 4: You feel me like he is like if that's how that's how pretty much you know, think about it, like if he was a silhouette. You can look at the silhouette and say, oh, that's Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 1: So he can never go ball.
Speaker 3: Nah. He you gotta keep that. Yeah, he got it, he got it. He gotta keep that. You know.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like when you go to the lowrider so and they got the uh and they got the trunk, like will help it so.
Speaker 3: You can see the motor.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh my god, I could have a low rider.
Speaker 4: I can't have a trunk open. I said, Man, I'm just cutting off. I can't be Stephen at it.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and go home, man, kudos, ta.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into today's guests.
Speaker 3: Oh man, listen, get.
Speaker 1: Today's guests.
Speaker 2: Uh an all star point guard And I say that were all pun intended, and we will get into that. Nonetheless, he's average twenty one seventh shooting nearly fifty percent from the field. He's very close to the fifty forty ninety club right now. And the twenty one points on fifty percent from the field at that size says a lot.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna get into this.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, he is a twenty twenty two NBA All Star, and like I said, he gotta get another one this year.
Speaker 1: One of the best guards in the league that I play in.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, he been on the pod this this rundown that I saw. I say, a friend of the pot. He ain't no friend of no goddamn pot. That's just my young dog right there. Dj PG, what's happening?
Speaker 1: You're good with You.
Speaker 10: Appreciate youa having me, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: He's staring down the possibility of joining the exclusive fifty forty ninety club this season. I know your team first, guy, but how important is it for a point guard to be in this club? Especially season you haven't?
Speaker 10: Man, It's cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's like eight guys in the NBA history that's actually done it and actually completed it for an entire season, which is pretty tough to do. But I mean it's cool just having the stats and like a great field goal percentage, like Drake mand said, like at my size, it's it's pretty hard. So I mean, it's cool just being up there with some of those guys haven't been completed yet for the entire season, so I'm not gonna I'm not gonna like jump into it, but I mean it's cool just being recognized like that.
Speaker 10: It's cool to have some stats like that.
Speaker 4: For sure, you walk into the game, right, It's not like you're saying on fifty forty ninety you hit those marks.
Speaker 3: You walking in the game, like, what is that? What does that feel? Right? Because because you had a high clip, right, man?
Speaker 2: Like, what is that?
Speaker 3: Confident? What's what's that feel? Bro? It's gotta be a yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, just going in with confidence, bro, Just trying to play the right way, be aggressive when I can, but just trying to take the right shots, playing the system a little bit, you know, but just trying to be aggressive at all times, trying to get into paint as much as possible. And then with the live thrist that we got, I mean, everybody going back to their man. They five man fives don't never want their big.
Speaker 10: To score ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, going right now, I'm getting.
Speaker 6: Some easy layups. So that's why the field goal percentage so high. I'm getting looks from the three point line. Been saying some really good screens for me to come off and get some open looks, and then my teammate send me up so well so and then the free two percentage, I mean that's just focused and concentration, so not too much.
Speaker 2: I'd be pretty focused and concentrated. I'm going to the free throw line, not like that telling me it's just focus and concentration. That's just simply true. But you just made that sound less difficult than what I see. No, I'm talking about one thing you said and specific which is specifically, which is you said, biggs don't want their their their sinners don't want their men to score, so I'm getting easy layups.
Speaker 1: I disagree with that. I agree that sinners don't like their man to score.
Speaker 2: But I think you do such an incredible job of keeping like what we're taught as biggs is to cat and mouse, like never give up, like if you're going to fully commit to the guard, never give up if you're completely taking a big away when you're in that two on one situation, and you do it just about as well as anyone where you will literally pass the ball at the very last second, like if you get all the way to the rim and you about to lay the ball up and finally I go because I have to go at that point. You do as good a job as anyone of them making that drop off fast after you get that guy to commit at the last second, and.
Speaker 1: That's such an incredible skill.
Speaker 2: So I have to disagree with you there where you say I'm getting easy layouts because I got live threats, Because I get a lot of guys with live threats in that situation and they can't finish. And so they can't finish that layup, don't know when to take that layup, and if they drop that ball off, you better believe it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to steal it and go the other way. And you do it as well as.
Speaker 2: Anyone in this league. So I just wanted to throw that out there while you make it sound so easy. But moving on, I love that you call this your revenge season because I know the player that you are, and last couple of years you haven't quite been the DG that I know. And that's due to some injury, right like you bring Donovan Mitchewan that takes some time to get used to. Everybody think it's just gonna happened the next day. That don't happen like that, right like, And so there's things that were happening that I think could have caused it. Nonetheless, I want to ask you what, what for what reason did you feel that you needed a revenge season.
Speaker 6: A lot of people doubted me last year, bro, Like you said, I was going through a lot of injuries, broken jaw, a lot of family stuff that I was dealing with. But I mean, most importantly, the jaw was detrimental to me, to be honest. I mean, I lost fifteen pounds. I'm eating out of a straw. I'm trying to literally just blend anything up I can find in the house just to try to get some nutrients in my body.
Speaker 10: And I mean that's what it was, bro.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm in the second round of playoffs playing against the Boston Celsius I won the finals. I'm down fifteen pounds in that little since high school. So I'm playing at the highest level and the most intense basketball in my career and I'm not even fully healthy.
Speaker 10: Like I'm just going out there. I just really rushed it.
Speaker 6: Just trying to get back out there with the guys and play the game that I love for real. So yeah, this is I knew coming to that summer. The next summer, like I really had to really lock in on my body, really lock in in the gym, and that was my whole mindset, Like I'm coming to get what I deserve and what I had, Like, I want all that back. I want the All Stars back. I want to get back to the Eastern Conference finals that we really want to get to.
Speaker 10: I want to get back. I was saying, have like a like a good little jump start for it, you know.
Speaker 6: So I mean that was that was just like a big thing for me last year and going into that summer was just it's my time to get what I deserve. And I mean I just had that confidence send me every sense the injury, just to go in and have that mindset like let's go get it.
Speaker 4: I see a different look at different fire, different confidence, and a different poise.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I also read that you got a list. I love the fact that you got a list. You feel me you have to have a list when.
Speaker 3: You're a PG.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about this list and if you want to give me like three or four names off the list. I heard you check sawm a. You know, I'm just here as a witness, you know, to say yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: The list was just I mean, you know, y'all know this this league is really hard guard heavy. So it's a lot of great guards in this league. And I want to be mentioned as one of the top guards in this league because I really feel like I'm one of those guys. And I mean, just this summer, I'm just thinking about all the guards that I had to go through to get back to this All Star level and even get an All Star node. And it's a couple of people on the list that I got it this year so far. Uh we forty games in, we got a whole nother second part of the season. But I'm not gonna take no names though, b D. I'm sorry, Broyes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can guess, Yeah, I can guess.
Speaker 10: But yeah, I just want to play with that confidence.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: It's not about like just knocking nobody off or anything like that, but I want to be seeing that's one of the best guards in this league. And that's been my mission. That's been my goals since I was a younger. I wanted best to to play at this position. So yeah, just having that confidence in me, Bro, going out there and playing with confidence and having that swagger that I've always had, and having the trust in my teammates and my coaching staff that I can go out there and do it on a nightly basis.
Speaker 3: But that list is like a chip, Yeah you got you put some chips on your shoulders for me.
Speaker 4: I remember it was Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billis because each one was like a different level.
Speaker 3: You know. It's almost like a video game. And I want to go to and oh against him four and oh against him. You know. I like that you got them chips.
Speaker 4: When you put them names, you know, on the board, it's like you really got you really got a issue.
Speaker 3: Right. It's not friendly basketball no more. What other point goes exactly, And.
Speaker 10: That's that competition level.
Speaker 6: Man, just having to chip on my shoulder and just going out there and competing at a high level, especially against those guards. But on a nightly basis, it is always a different guard that's gonna give you something different every night. So I mean you still got to go out them, go at them the same way you're going at the guys that you got on your list.
Speaker 10: So it's on a night to light basis.
Speaker 6: Every every guard in this league is really good at something that they do, and I'm just trying to go at them and tack them as much as I can.
Speaker 11: NFL playoffs, we're talking about NFL playoffs, you bet we are get in on the action at DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is a key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key tou scoring big is betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. A player scoring a touchdown, go to Draft Kings sports Books app, download it, make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush it on the playoffs. If you're a new customer, you bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks. Get two hundred in bonus bets instantly by betting just five bucks, So score big Draft King sports Book during the playoffs. Download the app. Use the code colin cli N That will get you two hundred bucks in bonus bet So if you want two hundred dollars in bonus bets, you got to put in the code Colin only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 1: The Crown is.
Speaker 12: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void and Ontario Bonaspet's expire one hundred and sixty eight hours zeph for richiuins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: You spoke about eating out of a straw word on the streets that you start to step into your grown man weight now like you to put on twenty five pounds, Like, do you feel the difference in the weight helping you, like getting in that weight room getting stronger? Are you f feeling that difference because I think that probably is a part in the confidence as well.
Speaker 10: Not for sure, that's definitely part of the confidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I've been in the weight room consistently this year, which is totally different.
Speaker 6: This like my first year actually being in there consistently, and then the weight that I put on that helped tremendously.
Speaker 10: So I'm just trying to keep that weight on.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm getting somebody.
Speaker 6: It's a little bit bumping a little bit and my chest a little bit more on the defensive bands. So I could definitely tell a difference just getting through screens actually like making the first blow instead of taking it first, you know, keep me off my heels. But yeah, I'm getting a little bit more physical in the trenches.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I see in your defensive mentality that you're stronger like you're You're looking to guard more than I've ever seen you look to guard, and it's like on a possession of possession basis. At times, it's you turning around everybody like, hey man, we need to get a stop, and you sitting down.
Speaker 1: And the what that brings to a team.
Speaker 2: For a point guard to be doing that like yourself, it gives you your guys behind a whole another set of confidence. But even but not even the confidence, it gives them a whole nother sense of responsibility. And you know, for y'all to have a Jared Allen and an Evin Mobley, you know, who are two defensive stars in their own right, but to see our point guard turn around and give us that sense of responsibility, that's a totally different thing. You know what I'm saying, and I see that, and I think that is due to you putting that weight on, and it's like, no, I can. I can take the bump, you know, and still be there. And that comes with a different bravado.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like me just turning around talking to them like I'm the head of the snake, like I'm the person on the ball, So I gotta be the one that's that's sitting down pulling on my shorts and try to try not let him get in our paint even though we do seven for this down there. That's all defensive caliber type of guys, which helps a lot for sure. Just being in the weight room, Bro, I'm actually taking a lot more challenges. And I owe that to Kenny Kenny Akinson man, He's he let me know you're gonna guard this year.
Speaker 10: Like we switching one through three, one through four.
Speaker 6: You go out to guard bigger guys, And that's motivated me a little bit more to get and more in the rate room so I can guard small fowards that's trying to post me up and how to back me down like they did in my earlier years.
Speaker 10: So yes, like you, like BD says, it's a chip on my shoulder.
Speaker 6: Bro, I'm trying to let nobody just score on me whenever they can or just blow by me, and trying to try other bas so he can get in rotations and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: So yeah, just trying to put my shorts up and move my puppies.
Speaker 1: A little bit more, park.
Speaker 4: Man, You and Donovan Minta, y'all look great this year, uh together after three seasons, you know, it looked like y'all finally finding y'all groove.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I remember playing with David Wesley, you know, and when you uh, you know, it's like almost similar size backcourt, right, it take you a little bit of time to figure out, like, Okay, he's he a point guard to you said, having a ball in his hand. You know, I'm a point guard. This is what I really want to do. Like when did y'all really like what was.
Speaker 3: It a player?
Speaker 4: Or when did y'all feel really feel like y'all was locked in, you know, as teammates, And when did you feel like, Okay, I'm the point guard.
Speaker 3: You the two But I understand you know how you flowing.
Speaker 10: To be completely honest, bro, I'm gonna really say this summer.
Speaker 6: Really really got locked in knowing what we really want to do with what we want to accomplish. He knew that I was pretty upset about last year and not having the performance that I wanted and what he wanted, and as like a team perspective, Yeah, we just sat down.
Speaker 1: And talked and.
Speaker 6: We just really explained to each other, like, this is what we're gonna have to do to win, this is what we're gonna have to do to get to the Eastern Conference finals and to the finals. And yeah, it was like a grown man conversation. It's really sat down and just unfolded everything. That's like probably like the first row man conversation I had in the league so far. Wow, it was like, Yeah, it was like a lot of release off my shoulders, and I know it was a lot of release off his as well, because I know that Tannem can work perfectly. He's a scoring guard and I.
Speaker 10: Like to play mate.
Speaker 6: And then coming to this year, he's used to average thirty and high twenties, but now this year his minutes start down low and he's not averaging twenty five. He's assuring like twenty three, twenty four, And we did a number one team in the league, right, like he just realized what the talent that he had around him, and he's just letting me facilitate, and he's just playing off me a lot more as well. Just trying to get him open shots and open list because everybody's going to hand him on the office event because he's Donovan Mitchell Righting a VP candidate, So just trying to get him some easy ones, get him going, and when we need stretch to make some tough shots, that's when you can go go be Spider to everybody else knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like that grown man conversation you can see because that's how y'all operating in the back court like grown professionals.
Speaker 13: You got taken care of each other, and you know, sometimes it's not even communication, it's the numb and you can tell he'll play make for you to get you going right at the same time you're doing the same thing for him, you know, and you can see the maturity.
Speaker 4: I just like the fact that you know, that's your first grown man conversation and it's with your back court man.
Speaker 10: It definitely took us over the top of what I believe.
Speaker 6: Because that was my thing, like my first All Star year at Laurie Market and Jared Allen Evan mob as a rookie Isaaca Corro, like I thought I had to do it all by myself.
Speaker 10: He felt the same youtubh before he came over here.
Speaker 6: So it's like, now we got a dynamic duo with these two cent footage down here that can move their feet on the defensive end, block shots and then catch lots break screens on the offensive end. So let's figure this thing out. Then we bring Max Strews, George Me and God talk big top hooping here, Like you know, we got we got a lot more pieces now, so we don't have to do as much on the ball. We can get off the ball a little bit more and they can go make a play for themselves. So I mean, it was it was a perfect dynamic for sure.
Speaker 2: As we're taping this, y'all are currently thirty four six, and I must say, before a couple of days ago, I thought, yall, I was getting a little worry y'all was getting a little too close to being on pace to break to seventy three.
Speaker 1: So you know, lose a couple of games, but.
Speaker 2: Lo now the last team to have for All Stars, though Comet the same team in the one season was in twenty eighteen gold to State Warriors. Why do you think the Cavs should have four All Stars this season? And by the way, before you answer, I'll say, I think y'all should have four All Stars this season.
Speaker 6: Number one, the league, best record in the league, four guys playing probably the best in the career, all Star level at an All Star level, and all guys played thirty nine forty games so far. You know, that's I think that's going to be something that actually means something. By playing games this year, especially the new rules for the All Stars, everybody's playing at a high level. Bro guys at an MVP caliber level. Mostle he's breaking the threshold and showing the world that he's one of those guys. And Jared Allen he's showing that he's one of the best centers in the league and playing every game at a high level, and both fans of the floor. So, I mean, I think it's pretty simple that we should have four in the game.
Speaker 10: But you know that's not up to me.
Speaker 1: That's set up.
Speaker 6: That's up to the guys that's doing the votes and the coaches and people like that. But yeah, I mean it's it's definitely four for sure, and kidny acac coaching that you saw.
Speaker 10: And I'm a stamp it. I'm a stamp it.
Speaker 1: Listen, I respect it.
Speaker 2: I think I think all for you when I look at so when you take a step back and you look at how things have gone in the past when talking All Star voting, the reality is.
Speaker 1: Most guys that becomes an All Star usually gets snubbed.
Speaker 2: And so if you think about it from that perspect I'm sorry Evan Mobley, but you have to be the one that get snubbed because you've never been snubbed before, right, Like, that's just it used to be a rite of passage if you was going to become an All Star, unless you was Lebron or somebody becoming an All Star year one, year two, you had to get snubbed first. Now I don't necessarily think the way things used to be in the NBA there are that way anymore. But for me, I have a hard time figuring out of the four guys, which one of them shouldn't be an All Star. And the answer is none of them, Like all of y'all should be an All Star. But say they take three, if they take three, then it just has to be Evan, And I'm sorry because he's playing some of the best basketball. He is playing the best basketball he's ever played in the NBA. But he's playing some of the best basketball of any power of power forwards in the NBA, and it sucks that it would have to be him. But You've been an All Star, Don's been an All Star, and if I'm not mistaken, Jared Allen, I think he's been an All Star.
Speaker 1: Twice, but has he been twice?
Speaker 3: He's a snub Yeah, he was snubbed down for sure.
Speaker 2: But to my point, he's been snubbed already, you know what I'm saying, So it's not right for him to necessarily get snubbed again. And so just in looking at it through that lens, like, it definitely has to be you, Donovan, and Jared, and there should be four because I think Evan's definitely playing at an All Star level. But if there has to be three, it's unfortunately it has to be him because he just hasn't been snubbed yet.
Speaker 1: That's kind of that. That's how I look at it. What about you, Bed, I like, for I.
Speaker 4: Think the record they have, the way they've been playing, the type of basketball they've been playing, the consistency of the stars. When I look at the East, I don't see why not there is not a strong case right outside of the You know, there's a lot of guards in the East, but you know, you and Donovan and right now when you look at the Eastern Conference, big guys like Evin Mobley, Jared Ally, Johannest a couple other people like, I'm not sure if it be made, you know, like andmb it ain't even play this year.
Speaker 3: Does he make it right?
Speaker 1: So like, so.
Speaker 4: As I'm looking at it, I'm like, number one record, big guys are playing well. You know, you have top ten big guys at both positions, top ten guards at both positions.
Speaker 3: You know you number one in the East.
Speaker 4: This is the time that the league should take for This is the time y'all should be on Slam magazine.
Speaker 3: This is the time that you know. I like it because I like the hype.
Speaker 4: I like for y'all to get y'all shine, And I also want to see y'all get youall flowers and beat the dogs, like let's get the competition going, you know, I want to see what Boston feel like after All Star weekend, Right, it's just for me, you know, as a fan raises the end. But it's also rewarding you all for the type of season that you haven't and you just you a buzz saw, You just you buz saw and everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do I feel about the All Star votes?
Speaker 10: Is it a popularity contest?
Speaker 1: It is a.
Speaker 2: Popularity for sure. I'm gonna tell you how. You know it's a popularity contest. Be He's just said Joel may be an All Star. Joys played two games this year, So you know it's a popularity right, because that's the way it's been a condition.
Speaker 1: It's one thousand percent of popularity contest.
Speaker 2: But if I'm honest, there ain't much popularity doing anything in the Eastern Conference, right, Like, so when you look across the East, you got from Boston, you're gonna have j T and jb right from the Knicks, you're gonna have Kat and Jalen.
Speaker 1: From Milwaukee, you're gonna have Dane and Jannis.
Speaker 2: Orlando would have had one or two guys early in the season, they've been hurt the rest of the year.
Speaker 9: Atlanto get Trey Young, in Detroit to get Ka, then Miami maybe here maybe, but like after that and then Charlotte, Charlotte will get.
Speaker 1: LaMelo in.
Speaker 2: So when you look at the guards, you got LaMelo, you got Donovan, got Jaylen Brunston, you got DG. You got Dane. That's five guards. You see what I'm saying. And k Cunningham that's six guards. All right, Now you got Jannis, you got JT. You out Evan, Jared Allen, Jaylen Brown and.
Speaker 1: Cat. That's your twelve wall Stars.
Speaker 2: That's eleven. That's that's six guards. That's six six bigs. That's your twelve all stars. And I don't see how that could play out any differently than that like to be because here's the thing. Some people try to make the argument and say Derek White, right, which Derek White's balling is after twenty points. But if you're gonna say they get three in, y'all are six games ahead of them in the Eastern Conference with forty games in, you're six games ahead. And so you can't say both of y'all get three in. Y'all six games ahead. And I think that gives y'all to note like I think there should be four guys. But it's definitely a popularity contest. And I think there's not much like at some point with this All Star stuff and with the voting stuff in general, they gotta get it figured out, man like, because it's just it's just all over the place. It's too many opinions that don't really have a real opinion. But they got to say it's it's just it's too all over the place for me, if I'm honest about it.
Speaker 4: And then and then when you look at the coaches, you know, I would say I got stuff probably twice because the coaches hated me because I was, you know, because if you're killing the coaches, they not going to vote with somebody who really killing them, right. Uh So it's a it's all a campaign thing. I used to look at it like, man, if I don't make it, then now on my list, you know, now on my list coming up. And I always wanted to prove myself I guess the best, but I start I stopped kind of relying on that and more so start looking at, Okay, what does my numbers look like against whoever they think.
Speaker 3: Are the top dog.
Speaker 2: I think y'all get four and I just don't plays out any other way. And you're definitely an All star. H. So yeah, that's how we move you know what I'm saying, all the Star.
Speaker 4: Vote right now, you right now you uh you and guards, so you know, and that's that's just that's just a fan vote. But you know, you leading this team man as the point guard and and and and taking taking the role as that that PG for this unit. I definitely see you in as an All Star this year. And you know, as we're talking, you're coming off one of the worst or one of the toughest losses of the season. And okay, see Thunder who also been balling in the West. When you lose, was a game like that in that type of fashion, how do you bounce back? Like what do you say that as a team, how do you'all bounce back from that?
Speaker 6: You play Minnesota tomorrow? That part, yeah, I was just watching him play the Knicks h super tough, super long, defensively gotten to kill Alexander and seeing mcdames out there at six seven sixty six.
Speaker 10: You know, you got Rudy.
Speaker 6: And man just a dog, you know on an offensive end, and uh, Julius Rendall just playing his part. So I mean it was it was an old fashioned built ass. I mean that's what it was on national television. So yeah, we watched that film and try to figure some things out on the defensive end, trying to stop Shade, which is pretty tough to do. But it's just eighty two game season, man, So I look forward to the next game. We got another tough oppony coming out the West in Minnesota, so let's getting ready for that one.
Speaker 10: Let's me they on our list.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: What I'll tell you is this, y'all just had a tough loss to the second to the team with the second best record in the NBA. The year we won seventy three games, we lost to the Lakers, who won seventeen games all year twice by twenty five happen, and people will try to point to that loss and be like, y'all because we live in this twenty four hour news cycle, right, so people try to point to the los as.
Speaker 1: Soon as y'all lose. Ah, man, they're not big enough, they're not strong enough.
Speaker 2: Look, we just showed y'all and a team that y'all just beat last week, right, Like, that's just the news cycle we live in.
Speaker 1: But y'all, y'all will be y'all will be just.
Speaker 6: Fine and then they start talking about trade talks immediately right after the loss.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, on the plane yet now I'll talk about.
Speaker 2: Thirty four and six, best record in the league by four, three or four games games.
Speaker 1: I had the next closest team in the Eastern Conference. That's that's the world we live in, though, so get used to it.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it because as y'all sit at the top, which I don't see that changing, that's that's just what comes with it. And take it on the chain, keeping pushing. I call them all smart dummies. They're smart, they got they don't know. Kenny Atkinson was assistant coach for US for three years, one of one of my favorite guys.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember Kenny was interviewing for the job and he called me and he was like, what do you think about this job? You know they got I think you know, they got Darius, they got Donovan, Like what are you thinking? And I was like, well, I think they got talent. You know, they have the pieces, but it hasn't worked. And he was so excited to get there to get the job number one, but then once he got it, or at the opportunity to get a job, and then once he got it and just seeing how he went to work.
Speaker 1: You know, I got to know him really well, and I love the way he have y'all moving the ball.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: When we played y'all the.
Speaker 2: First time, I felt like my net was like this, Like so I turned one time, somebody drove and I dropped, and I turned my head for a second.
Speaker 1: The ball flew by my head and I turned to go back to where I.
Speaker 2: Was, and you was way on the other side. I'm like, man, these dudes moving and moving this ball crazy. But what has it been like just having Canny come in? What would you say it is that he did initially? Because the season is this season, right, Like y'all got talent the offense, obviously, but what what was some of the things that Kenny did initially before you ever even had a practice like summertime.
Speaker 1: What was some of the things that he did to ultimately get y'all rolling to the way y'all are now.
Speaker 6: Man, just building that confidence and everybody, Like literally from day one he came to Nashville and see me just to sit down and talk to me. It was like, I need you to be that all star guard that she was. He told me straight up, like I need you to go go run a team and go do what you do. Go play with that confidence and that swiker that I've seen you with for the last three or four years before that. So I mean I took that and I just had that in the back of my head the entire summer, like I got to get to work and I gotta go be me. And he did the same thing to down. He did the same thing that Evan and Ja so and that's our core foward, that's that's really locked in with each other. And then as soon as he got the job, we went to training camp, you know, a couple of years ago with JB he had Evan and Ja and the and like the dunker a lot more. Now Evan's on the three point line and a lot more spacing in the trail position, and he's like Kenny saw a lot of things that Evan could do on the floor on the outside, like behind the perimeter, he can all he can make the right reads and uh, he's stretching the floor this year, shooting the three ball a lot more. So that's that little slight change chance our entire offense for us. Just a lot more spacing for me and Donna get downhill to create for others. And then Evan just having that confidence in himself and his his work. Just shooting a trade ball with confidence, and I think he's shooting at like a forty rate right now and it ain't on a three game either, right, just confidence him just to shoot the tray balls just so he keep the defense, honest.
Speaker 10: I mean it changed the world for us.
Speaker 2: Before Kenny coming to Nashville and having those conversations with you, did a part of you feel like you was possibly going to ultimately need to change the scenery. You know, it hadn't been quite going the way it has started going for you in Cleveland. You kind of not feeling like yourself before having that conversation and Kenny assuring you, like, no, this is the guard that I need. Did a part of you feel like, Man, maybe I need to change the scenery because that createps into all our minds. I've been here for thirteen years. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been like, man, maybe I do need to change the scenery. Like throughout the course of this journey.
Speaker 6: He crept in my mind a little bit, especially a couple of times over the summer. But I mean, it was really really my parents, Bro, They was like, just stick with it. You didn't have a great season last year with the injuries and stuff like that, and you and Don just now getting to really have a good feel for each other, Like, just just stay with it, just for another year.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 10: With Kenny coming in, I didn't I didn't know how it was gonna be. I didn't know how it was gonna work.
Speaker 6: But when we got to Sarasota in training camp, Bro, it was it was off and running after that, like everything was just flowing.
Speaker 10: Our connection is was pretty.
Speaker 6: Good at the time, but now it's it's really good. We can talk to each other off and on the floor. I get a lot of input from him, he get input from me and Don. So I mean it's it's like a work in tandem right now, Bro, in our relationship. Man, I remember even asking you a little bit dre about Kenny and how he was going to be, and I mean, that's that's my dog, Bro, To be honest with you, I.
Speaker 1: Told you you great coach. He know the game.
Speaker 2: And the one thing that I love, really loved about Kidney as a coach is he knows those analytics better than anyone but he's not an analytical nightmare, you know.
Speaker 1: And what I mean by exactly what I mean.
Speaker 2: By analytical nightmare is he gonna tell you, hey, so know this about this number. He ain't throwing it in your face every day, like yo, these numbers say this. You need to and to understand the analytics like he does, but have the feel that he has. That's a dangerous combination.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I had him in New York. He used to work me out. He was an assistant coach. He's sharp, he worked hardy efficient. He understand analytics, but he understand players.
Speaker 3: He liked players. He like he liked hooping.
Speaker 4: And anytime you find a coach that like hooping and like hoopers, then you give him the little, you know, analytics stuff. It makes it perfect for the point guard. I was going to ask you that with the relationship with the coach, Like how important is it for you as the point guard this year to have that relationship and that communication with a coach like Kenny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's super important.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Me and Kenny like we really like this right now, like no bs like my dog. We even talked about the OKC loss this morning. He came up to when I was getting recovery. He was like, we we didn't shoot it well, but they kicked our ass.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. That's here. Yeah. I just asked him. I was like, that's it.
Speaker 10: He was like, yeah, get ready for get ready for Minnesota.
Speaker 6: So you feel the same way how we feel like once in the next one, we got another, we got another game coming up.
Speaker 10: You're inassured and shoot rounds. Like He's on the floor with me.
Speaker 6: When I'm getting shots up, He's guarded me, trying to get over his screen. He going unders, giving me a hark like this this was gonna be like in game. And then when I'm done, he'd go over and take a ball, go on the sideline, start working on his hand doing so.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 10: Like man, I just alright, So it's super cool.
Speaker 6: Just have like an active coach like that, just always on the floor with us, always getting input from us, and then he can receive it and then we can receive it as well, and just that communication part.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: It really means a lot to me as a point guard to have like another point guard coach. I actually been through it, and she played the game. I actually know, and it actually been around great players. That's one of one of my favorite players to ever played the game. So I try to get like some little input from Kenny. How what was stuff doing? Like what can I do to help my game? How can I How can I get over this screen a little bit fast, get my feet down quicker to get into the shot.
Speaker 10: So it's getting like a little notes from him like that. It's it's super cool.
Speaker 1: I know y'all just saw me laugh now.
Speaker 2: I was laughing because a couple of years ago, Kenny with that same intensity, uh him and laying our video guy got to talking some ship and uh, you know Kenny like Kenny, check up, Kenny always check up, check rock always.
Speaker 1: First play towards quad, first play. He was pissed that ladd. He like, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Come on now, you want to come on, let's go first play towards Quad. That choir slowed him down before. I'm telling you before when Kenny first got here, before that quad, Kenny was like a machine. He worked out all day every day, right like all of that he tore that quad and that that choir slowed him down.
Speaker 1: That choad slowed him down for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it's chasing you over the screen all that like that was Kenny, like he got crazy energy and crazy shape. But and eat, sleep and breathe basketball. But that that Quaird slowed down like to now though.
Speaker 1: Bro he he in the gym he was.
Speaker 6: We was at Okay, see shoot a route. He on the stairs, hands up, running up the stairs, the ball handling drills.
Speaker 10: He was in a pool.
Speaker 4: He enjoyed and all that minute he said, I said, I'll be doing if I was stunting, I'll be doing.
Speaker 3: The same thing. But I'm playing. You know, I'm trying out for the Warriors next year. I'm going to train camp.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, me and d Me and Jay got a bed. I tell him I'm gonna make the team. Man, he keep he keep doubting me. I've been doing that ship too. Yeah, it's easy. It's easy.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I gotta come back to the league. Money, y'all gotta retire me. You know, I love y'all game. I'm just like, man, put me on the bench, let me come in guaris time. That one of the young young dudes trying to retire me. Hey, but I'm definitely making this court come back, he said, come had some braids. Man, I was going for you for the hang time. I was going like that, said, man, let me go, let me reverse to the clock and ship. You know what I'm saying, Jake, we hopped on DJ. We hopped on the zoom today. This man had this hood off.
Speaker 2: He had the bar oat mills going, he had the little dreads going.
Speaker 1: He had and it's not hopped on this zoon with a hood off. And he took his hood off.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 1: On the zoom with the body.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: People was asked me, I went from here, someone's wrong.
Speaker 1: He like, go to the taper. That man went from here.
Speaker 4: To I ain't gonna I ain't gonna even known this time. I went, okay, take you know, take the bread, take the dress down. Let me get the best heavy curls. I looked at the curls. I said, you know what, let me get a cod biness. Let me give me a Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: So I go to get the Draymond Green to cole bidis you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: And I look in the mirror and I said, oh, I go, oh right. So I FaceTime my kids and they get I'm not playing. I FaceTime my kids, bro, and they get on the fall and they said, oh, Stephen A Smith And they.
Speaker 7: Said I look and I said, damn, look the line. The hairline. The hairline was like he had line me up. I said, come on, bro, take my ship up.
Speaker 4: I'm hey, bro, my hairline was like this that she was clean, but that ship was he said, Now.
Speaker 2: I got cut it off. Bro, I'm just here to tell you that desperate, I'm here to tell you it wasn't clean. If your hairline was here, it wasn't clear. It was no way for it to be clean.
Speaker 3: No, I was a sick edge. She put a sick edge on it.
Speaker 4: Like imagine if you take three inches back and then that's your hair.
Speaker 3: Lord, I mean that's sick.
Speaker 1: Bro is crazy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's what we are.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: Hey tell it before we get out of here. Tell us about Tenfold why you decided to start that series.
Speaker 10: A lot of people want to know, like the real DJ.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just trying to give him a little input, but what we go through, what I go through on a daily day basis, and then like my number ten, you know, tenfold, I've been ten times greater than I was ten times I was the day before.
Speaker 10: You know, just play on the number ten just got a little insights on what I do on a day to day basis.
Speaker 4: Now, I love that because this first person as shall perspective, right, And you know, for fans and people who know your game, the more we get to know you, you know, the more we pour in and root for you.
Speaker 3: And you talked about how Chicago and Derrick Rose is one of your favorites growing up.
Speaker 4: You know, tell us about why he is one of your favorites, and like, what aspect of this game do you try to implement into yours.
Speaker 6: I'm a Gary Deanna kid, born and raised Gary Deanna by the way in Nashville. But yeah, that number one jersey. That was the first jersey I've had, and I was the only one I've had. I just got rid of it when I moved to my house in Cleveland. So probably like my second second year of the league, that's that's I got rid of the jersey.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: But then my rookie year, my first preseason game was against d Rose when he was in d I was like, man, this is insane.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: But just going to the United Center, brouh, just making that little drive to the city. That's my grandmother's favorite team. So we used to watch that going to over her house. We used to watch all the games growing up with Kirk Hyenry, Ben Gordon and all the other guys. But man d Rose just had the whole regional lot like from Indiana to Chicago, damn near the whole world, not even a lot.
Speaker 10: To but just his relentlessness, bro, he was just relentless, like by any means necessary.
Speaker 6: He couldn't shoot it as well, but just his handle, his quickness and just getting to the paint, shooting a floater, using using his athleticism which I don't have, wish I I wish I had, but nobody got his b Yeah. It was just just this was insane. He just brought so much excitement to the city. And then like as a young kid just watching him on a night and night basis, it was super cool to see the youngest MVP in the league. It just brought so much inspiration for us. Like we used to lower the gold so I can go dunk like d Rose.
Speaker 2: DG you have some bounds you have so can you still dunk? You have some bounce first? You still dun't you both.
Speaker 3: That I didn't you know this?
Speaker 10: NBA take your least knee surgery man and being old bro. My turn twenty five this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness, his insurance about to go down, ladies and gentlemen, his car insurance is about to go down.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah.
Speaker 6: I did have bounce at high school and college, though I had a couple of bodies in my day, you know.
Speaker 10: But if I get to the floating down trying to save a couple of those bounces.
Speaker 2: By the way, for the for those of y'all that don't don't know it, don't understand, he said that short driving you probably like shorts ride from Nashville d G to PG is from scary Gary, Indiana for those of y'all don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, scary Gary the next great place to shoot a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah got y'all got so many vacant buildings, all.
Speaker 10: Of churches and liquor stores and abandoned houses.
Speaker 1: I love the city though, absolutely. That's sagging off for you, sagging all the same way.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 3: Shaging got cows in farms.
Speaker 2: You think Gary, Indiana don't the part of sagonof I'm from don't have farm.
Speaker 1: But if you drive far enough out you're gonna find a but not in Gary.
Speaker 2: Bro Yeah, it's no farm sitting in sagon Off. But you dry far enough, you gonna find a far better Believe.
Speaker 6: Without lights a Paraiso and Hammon, you might You're gonna catch a farm, for sure, he and Gary, though, no, you ain't find nothing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Two more before we get out of here, I saw a firefire ask you are you going.
Speaker 2: To bring us a championship this year? And your response to him was we have enough, more than enough. Why do you feel like this is the year y'all can get over that hump and capture your first ring, Cleveland's first ring since twenty sixteen, and.
Speaker 1: You know, second ring all time. Man.
Speaker 6: Just the talent that we have. Our depth is insane. We can go nine ten deep, which a lot of teams really can't do.
Speaker 10: I think that's for another notch. And then our coaching staff is really good.
Speaker 6: Bro'll y'all hit on it earlier with ka Uh just being so intensed and being so detailed, and scouts and everybody around them that helps us really locked in on both sides of the ball and actually understand the game and actually been in some important games in their careers as well, so they know what it's like. And then back to our team, it's we've been in some of those games now too. We had a couple of playoff appearances, so we know what it's like. We know what the physicality is like, and we know what it's like in that last six minutes of a close game in the playoff series. We're gonna have to really take care of the ball and execute at a high level. They and to fit at a high level. And with those two big sound foots back there at the all defensive level, I think they can take us anywhere.
Speaker 10: With the competition and the spirit that we play with.
Speaker 1: Then we got a chance.
Speaker 6: Man, But another team and that Green is they hungry for another one as well, and USC in the West and in Minnesota over there as well.
Speaker 1: Go to stay y'all.
Speaker 6: Y'all never know sleepers with the talent. So it's gonna be tough, but I think we have a chance for sure.
Speaker 4: You know, I was gonna be a shifty guard. I always say I created the bot.
Speaker 3: Uh Me and Jay.
Speaker 4: We love a good list, you know, you being one of the shiftiest guards in the league. Right now, give us your top five shiftiest guards in the NBA right.
Speaker 1: Now, right now five shifters, the shifters.
Speaker 10: I ain't gonna lie b d I gotta, I gotta. I stole a couple moves from you too, though.
Speaker 3: Bro, come on, man, thank you like that?
Speaker 4: Hey, Dremond, I'll be sitting on the bench twenty five, twenty six.
Speaker 1: Your back, you're back when out walking around. It's over for you. It's over for you.
Speaker 4: I threw my back out soft dance, Hey, dj I was I was SA dance and that's how I really threw my back out.
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel me.
Speaker 1: D G.
Speaker 2: You threw us back out the day before kids were pop on that crip Walker threw us back out of there, Andy.
Speaker 5: Looking out ball, no matter how many crips.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Oh man.
Speaker 2: Five, though I'm including myself, you can if you want your list of top five shifters.
Speaker 10: No order, no order, I'm gonna put me Kai o h shay, I'm gonna put Trey in there.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: The last one I got too.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna car I already know he ain't gonna call.
Speaker 10: I don't know where that fifth could be.
Speaker 1: Bro ain't good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, mm hmmm, Well mellow Fleet.
Speaker 6: Okay, I guess yeah, Fred got a lot of snatches. I don't know Mellow, Mellow Pack, Jordan Poole.
Speaker 4: I might go with Pool, Jalen Brs do you think do you consider Jalen Bruston shifty or crafty?
Speaker 1: I like George Jordan Pool. I like that on the shifty list, George Pool shifty as hell.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna beat Shae Trey and JP go Pool.
Speaker 1: That's a good list. I like that.
Speaker 3: We'll be on that list next year for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's oversea, and that's why we got to get out of here, because this went ball. And think he back in Charlotte with the number one jersey. I'm sorry to tell you Mellow took the jersey. He took to Jersey.
Speaker 3: Playing for the Warriors.
Speaker 2: All right now he won't now now he want us to be struggling more than we already are.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, Lak. The Lakers signed that dude to attend that he was fifty six years old. Remember that.
Speaker 5: I got a chance.
Speaker 1: They was looking out for brother. Ain't nobody looking out for you?
Speaker 3: It is over I get on sorry because of you. You got me, big brother.
Speaker 1: You gotta go sit down somewhere.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep doing this, and sooner or later I'm gonna join you sit down somewhere too.
Speaker 1: But it's over.
Speaker 3: I'll be on the TAM next year.
Speaker 1: DJ, we're not listening to this, No, Hey, DZ, we we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to seeing you out here at All Star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a I'm A. I'm a definitely throw me a banger at All Star. So I'm gonna make sure you got your section for DG to PG the All Star. We're gonna have a good time. But keep hooping, bro, Keep keep staying in that weight room.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: The weight room is the key to success. Bro.
Speaker 2: We don't understand that. As basketball players, we don't understand that. You know how important that weightroom is. But the sooner you get it figured out, the more longevity you'll have, the better you'll play, the less injuries from a day to day basis you have. Like obviously, longevity is one thing, but just from a day to day basis, Bro, when you're lifted the knicks and knacks, they don't happen as much.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so stay in that weightroom, bro, keep doing what you're doing and this is your second of the next non All Star appearances, So congratulations, my dog.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you coming on the shelf.
Speaker 10: It means a lot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely love bro. That's a rab y'all pleads.
Speaker 6: The volume
Speaker 2: Mmahm.