Speaker 1: Well, well, well, Jimmy Harden has finally moved on, and we got to see Katie and Wemby. Just take it down to the wire.
Speaker 2: What is like Christmas? Early and Lucas starts on a tear and we're gonna talk about the league in general, obviously the Lakers two.
Speaker 1: With Sports Better Extraordinaire and NBA analyst Jamison Welsh on today's episode, I'm Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Then I'm Jack O'Brien, and this is Miles Jack Rah Davis. Gop here your Jammy driving Spinnyky.
Speaker 4: Curry a three stop Curry from the tell again, be honest, the tailors look out shows.
Speaker 2: What Yes, Okay, we're back. The NBA is back.
Speaker 1: We're about four games in, give or take depending on when your listen to this.
Speaker 2: Uh and things are things are? Things are going well.
Speaker 3: I think they're happened in Miles. They're happening out here, Miles. I'm in the streets of Philadelphia, reporting live from the City of Brotherly Love, where James Harden has been traded.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and before.
Speaker 1: We get into that, we got to introduce our guests, Jamison Welsh, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Stop by the show. What's up?
Speaker 2: Jamison. Of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: I mean the last time you were on, I told you that I put money on okay see to win the title. You thanked me for my contribution to the city of Los Angeles or in the city of Las Vegas County clerk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the parts.
Speaker 3: Well, who's laughing now? Oh you're still laughing? Okay, Yeah, I was. Actually that was a genuine question. I was just asking if okay telling me?
Speaker 2: Who laughing?
Speaker 3: All right? Should we get right into the James hard In trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this has been something that's definitely been on our minds, the collective minds.
Speaker 2: Of the show or a mine.
Speaker 3: You told me about it when we started recording. I just found out about it when you just mentioned it at the top of the show. Never heard a little space I'm giving. Yeah. Now, I'm nominally a Philadelphia seventy six ers fan. This is a lot of people are saying, all they just got role players. I think those picks are going to be valuable. I think they're I think they've got some value on the open market on those those dang picks. So if they're if there's still moves to be made, I think this could be interesting. You know, there are some people were saying that they might be trying to get Zach Levine in Martin, Philly. Yeah, you know, og Anobi potentially, So I don't know. I don't know because otherwise, yeah, otherwise, this does feel like the move you make before you trade Joe l Embiid for picks to the Knicks, you know, right, so we'll see. I mean, MAXI has looked amazing so far this year, so you know, I don't think they should blow it up. I think they should try and use those picks to get a third star. A lot of people are saying to match a star with Embiid. How about add to the two stars that they have in Philadelphia including.
Speaker 2: This is from a nominal Sixers fan, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just not nominally a Sixers fan, but Jamison. The the odds have not been favorable in response to this trade. The Sixers odds to win the title have gone down, the Clippers odds have gone up. How are you viewing this trade?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't think neither of these trades matter. These moves matter for either team. Like you mentioned, Philly's in a situation or where they can add a piece somehow, some way, either using the picks or the expirings or whatever it might be. H you mentioned Ojoby, I think Pascal Sap would be the guy.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go for a guy one him and Duel and Beata from the same country. That's the first thing. If I'm trying to keep Joel in town, That's one of my.
Speaker 6: Angles is trying.
Speaker 4: Secondly, I do think that if you're gonna end up playing Boston in the playoffs, you do as many big wings as possible, You as many guys that can defend Brown and Tatum as possible Adam Lavigne. That ain't gonna work, Like because it's on defense that ain't gonna work. I think that you can get Ojonoby or Pascal. I think that would be a better move. But right now, yeah, odds of for Philly. I mean I would be cautiously. I would be costly get out the first round right now, and not because they're bad and like that is just because as season goes on, we know Joelle it is conditioning not great for whatever reason it might be. But he gets injured some time and he comes back is not the same, and they don't have that other guy that's that main score. You know, Maxill's and all took its start. They don't have that other guy that's gonna get you twenty points a night consistently. I don't know about this team currently right now. Now, like you mentioned, I probably gonna make moves. We'll see, but right now, the odds though they are and I would bet they not be the gallther the first round if by at to today the Clippers they got.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I do just want to remind you that the Sixers are incapable of not losing in the second round.
Speaker 2: That's almost it's almost nailed on.
Speaker 3: It's nailed on.
Speaker 1: You're saying they can't even do the norm, which is going wow, yeah, Because.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing too, we all know how this works. The press that goes on, hey they made a trade. Now the whispers are going to become loud with the Knicks talking other teams trying to get well. It's tough to come through when it's like pressure going on, you know to Biston last year of a de deal. There's a lot going on with the Sixers and they need to do something as quickly as possible or else it might be a reveil situation. However, with that being said, I do think they have some moves they can make to put them out in the conversation with Milwaukee and Boston, but they got to make them quickly. But the Slippers, they're trusting four guys over thirty Yeah, I believe thirty two.
Speaker 6: That's rough.
Speaker 3: Believe the NBA calls that a sweet spot. Thirty yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean Russell Westbrook I believe turns thirty five.
Speaker 2: In a week or so.
Speaker 4: So's it's kind of you're asking a lot and then you're asking a lot of players to do things.
Speaker 6: That they normally don't do.
Speaker 4: So either Russell or James Harden is going to be off the ball and in a secondary playmaker role and that's not what they're good at. Why they're both really good with the basketball in their hands. When it's not their hands, they're not the same player. Not saying they can't adjust, but we have yet to see it at a high level thus far. It can be very interesting to see what happens. And also injuries. James Harden has not been the same since the hamstring in twenty one. He aurn't a hamstring and Brooklyn he has not been the same player since, and no really talks about that, but he's.
Speaker 6: Not the same guy.
Speaker 4: He's still really good, he's not the same guy. But also, what happens when you got four dolls on a contract year? What happens when there's somebody versity and you have a coach in the contract year too. But I'm really very kissed that it's all works out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 3: People are bringing up the Westbrook thing as like the fourth guy, but it does feel to me like Westbrook is not like it, both contract wise and just like how he was being thought of when they acquired him last year and how he was used as like kind of all right, he comes in for energy, Like that doesn't seem to be the concern to me as much. But maybe I'm underestimating, like once now that he's a part of the team, Like is it will it be a problem? Will it be a fit? Ish you? Yeah, that that that makes sense to me, But it does feel like, I don't know, if you just have those three guys in the starting lineup and then Westbrook coming in to like just give you energy off the bench, that could be interesting.
Speaker 2: But I've heard I've heard this one before.
Speaker 6: I be that it's.
Speaker 4: Very it's very difficult because once you come off the bench, it's very hard to become a starbird game like once you out that's at that age where you know you're thirty.
Speaker 6: Five, hey, just who you are now?
Speaker 4: At the same time helping the team win games, it's really tough the winma that you get put in. With that being said, uh, the rust well, the Clippers fit was great, Like the fit was really good because he did the things that the other two wings just didn't want to do or aren't able to do. Now with Harden, I just don't know if you have a guy that defenses aren't going to always rotate to, especially when you have the close game of the playoff game. It's hard playing four and five at times, and it's very difficult when you don't have a lot of guys that can, you know, get to the basket consistently. So it's gonna even say to see but talent wise beats where they overwhelmed people. Absolutely, there's definitely nights where there's just a problem. But I'm just kissed to see if you have that many guys.
Speaker 6: Kind of pass their pond. They're still good players.
Speaker 4: They're all kind of past their home finds in the Saints can they stay healthy, can they make one run towards him?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Kawhi, Like I still think back, Like as much as it seems like Kwi has passed his prime, there was there were two games in the playoffs last year where he was the best player and the like seemed like he was the best player in the playoffs. Like that's so I don't like, I don't I feel like there's still something there for sure, if big, if he can stay healthy. But it does feel like these the move on these odds seems I don't know, like the Sixers odds from plus two thousand last Tuesday at bet MGM to like plus twenty eight hundred, like you can the entire city of Philadelphia could hear a collective slide whistle, is what I'm hearing from on the streets. And the Clippers are climbing like up to plus twelve hundred, which feels like, I don't know, it feels you know, that's in the contender category, which feels it feels like maybe we should we should wait and see a little bit here.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason why the Clippers are that is for protection, Like you want to make sure that if a lot of people bet them and they somehow win a championship.
Speaker 6: You don't get killed like that's that's the.
Speaker 4: Sports book and the people who set the lines they want to make sure they protect the book because at the end of the day, if something happened to where hey, everyone be'st the Clipper at twelve to one or fifteen to one.
Speaker 6: And everyone, hey, it can be pretty much.
Speaker 4: A bankrupt a sportsbook as you get on like that. So that's why they keep the lodds lower than you would beIN it's not all based off of champs.
Speaker 6: A lot of it also has been business as well.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you know, from my neutral perspective, not being a Clippers or a Sixers fan, and just Jack seeing the way you talk about James Harden, just observing how I see James Harden everything. It's just like, Kause, what this is fourth team in almost two years, Like, honestly, what is it about him that so many teams are like, you know what.
Speaker 2: I can, I can fix them.
Speaker 1: It'll be different here, It'll be different here, like or this will be the situation that brings the best out of him, because I just feel like he's to your point, jamis and it's like he hasn't been right for a while, Am I missing something with like like what what's the Clippers strategy here? Like where like what holes is he feeling or what do they what's the most optimal outcome for them?
Speaker 4: So it's very interesting because in the situation like this, the owner is like, Hey, if we're paying forty million towards three guys, we're not playing that much. Why don't we pay forty million towards a guy like James Harden.
Speaker 6: Also, James Harden does give them.
Speaker 4: Insurance on having at least a name going into the new arena just case things don't work out and other guys go out the directions something that's gonna happen. But you know, you just never know how things work out. So had that guy James Harden the name is a local guy at least buys you time and it gives you some sort of star power. And I think he's the biggest star, but it gives you some star power. If things go Left of that being said, it's not the best to fit. Why you're adding another guy that needs the basketball to be effective, and when he doesn't have the basketball, things can go.
Speaker 6: You know, it can get bad.
Speaker 4: Now the one thing I will get in the slack on is this Houston situation ran its course. Why you know, it was what it was. They had their window, it closed. It was time for everybody to move on.
Speaker 6: They did.
Speaker 4: Those are Brooklyn all right? The Brooklyn thing is weird because the whole COVID and you know, people playing some people not that one. I think everyone is like, hey, there was so much going on there. I don't really fall to for Brooklyn outside of not signing the big contract that he was offered. I think the biggest situation is one the Philly one. I think that's the one where it's like, hey man, you made a decision. You you forced stuff to go to Philly. You go with Drylmore and to play with the b and it didn't quite work out. And then you pull this done and it's like, hey man, when I'll see situations, we kind of gave you the benefited out. And like you mentioned, it's a short period of time. It's not like it's been eight years. This is all within two years, two calendar years of stuff, and it's like, hey man, we can't keep doing this. So that's why it's like, hey, it's common enough is enough and you're not the same player as you once were.
Speaker 6: Why if you're why hearing your PyME? You could do almost whatever you want.
Speaker 4: In this league, but once you started pining, we start to look at you sideways.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: He had some moments in the playoffs last year too, like that's it. It ended badly obviously game seven. Uh, I'm not recalling whether he attended or not, but he you know, he had a couple of games in the series, the Sixers Celtics series where he looked like he had probably his best professional games in playoff games. Ever, so I can see, you know, they're thinking there, you know, it's also it ended badly, but so like we like that's a cognitive bias, is you know, the like how it ends is what dominates our thinking about a thing instead of like but yeah, but I had those moments, and if he's not the main guy that you're relying on in the playoffs, he can do a lot of good things, which he had to be because mb it wasn't uh wasn't healthy basically.
Speaker 4: And also there's also off the court too. You know, it gets hard as a guy likes to have a good time.
Speaker 3: But now I've never heard.
Speaker 4: This, Yeah, he's where he's from, which is like a forty minute flight, and he's well known out here. He goes and rains a lot and other establishments.
Speaker 6: So garrit see what.
Speaker 4: Happens and how that comes about. Well, yeah, I can't wait on awfully, I can't wait to see. I'm really curious to see how this works out.
Speaker 3: See, this is the thing where I realized that I've missed, like I really should have been in the NBA, because, first of all, never go to clubs at all. Would have been an amazing candidate for that. Second of all, I am a player who thrives with the ball out of my hands, like you don't want to give me the ball at all, like I should. I shouldn't touch the ball at all. It's going to be a problem for the team if I do. So, you know, I can fit in very easily. There's a lot of touches left to go around because I when people pass me the ball, I passed it right back to them as quickly as possible. Otherwise, Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing? No, these guys are so good. Yeah, I can like Tyler hero out here.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about one of our first big matchups we've been looking for, looking forward to, uh in the Sun's Verse Spurs game.
Speaker 2: That just happened.
Speaker 5: So we'll be right back, and we are back.
Speaker 3: And that's wild that the Sun's Verse Spurs is a one of the big matchups we were looking forward to. But I know I was checking for it.
Speaker 2: Of course, we want to see Wemby, we want to see KD. We want to see just something.
Speaker 1: We just want to see what it looks like, what these sort of matchups begin to look like.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it did not disappoint the I mean at least in turn like there were some great moments. It was a thrilling end to the game. I think I think the Neutrals definitely won that one.
Speaker 3: Watching along, Yeah, James, and I do want to just note because one of the other things I pointed out or I put out there was wembing Yama for deepoy as a possibility deep in the summer when he was like in the twenties, like he was, you know, the twentieth best odds for that year. He is now seventh for defensive Player of the Year, even though it does like his numbers haven't been gaudy, but it does feel like there is a gravitational force and teams are having to play, you know, do drills with a person who has stilts on and broomsticks on their arms in order to just like get their mind around what it's like to play basketball when he's on the court. So I am excited about that. I'm excited first of all, just all around about webbing Yama, but the second of all about him potentially making me look smart and his name is starting to get involved in the DePoy race.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not necessarily stocks with him, It wasn't gonna be impact. That's why we have to watch the basketball games. That's why I've impressed that, you know, everyone watched the sun Spurs last night because Suns are like twenty plus at the time. I think in the third quarter, I'm not mistaken, and then they came back and end up still in the game that they're partially foul call, but it wasn't. But it is what it is that you know, who cares at this point. That being said, though, you have to watch them be and the reason why is because there's certain things he makes players do that normal people cannot don't have the same effect people make. Guys either pass it early or try to make plays they normally don't make, so when that happens, it's usually an error of some sort. So that's where it's like, Man, he may not get the block or the steel, but he's causing players to do things.
Speaker 6: That are not comfortable and doing, or.
Speaker 4: He's causing guys to rush and get either on pace and there's a lot to that. And when they get better players and when they get better defensive system, he's gonna win to the Player of the Year because the stats will come. But he's amazing, Like he's really amazing. He's nowhere close to scratching the surface season. That's the beautiful part why he's so far away. But defensively, I remember we talked about the summer. I think it was like forty to one or thirty somewhere.
Speaker 6: That range, which is really high, I think.
Speaker 4: And now it's like what tend to one or fourteen to one, So yeah, yeah, it's in that ransom. Yeah, you just have an equity in your bet from two months ago was huge and there's a there's a legit possibility he played sixty five games when they were there's a lot honest pathway that happening.
Speaker 6: So it's gonna happen, but there is a way of it happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good value, and I'm glad that I did not take that bet, but I know people who did, so I'm happy if anybody makes money off of my lucky guess, some of them being on'm his stats though like that. So he has twenty nine points on twelve of fifteen shooting. So we've talked a lot about as a defense, and you know, there are these flashes of brilliance on offense, but I didn't realize like he was really closing games strong. He's twenty nine points on twelve of fifteen shooting in the fourth quarter through the first four games of his NBA career, which makes him the most efficient scorer of the eighty four players who have at least ten field goal attempts in the final frame this season.
Speaker 6: It's very impressive, and.
Speaker 4: They're going to him like. The only thing I don't like is that at times it feels like his teammates are freezing him out, which is wild because he's the best player on the team already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Basically featuring him every time down before court like every time he should get the ball wherever he wants to, because he is the best option was the jumper, whether it's the dunk or lea, whatever it is, he should least touch the ball before anyone else gets a touch. But with that being said, he's delivered this first week, been very impressive outside the Clipper game because they got blown out.
Speaker 6: Well every other game he's been very impressive.
Speaker 4: And I said, he's not even close to being what he's going to be, which is very scary because right now he's a huge problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Kevin Durant said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Basically, he was like, it's like this guy's just getting started and it's only going it's going to going straight up from here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the point you made about like looking like he's getting like frozen out or something. I don't think it's like getting frozen and out, but like it just feels like people aren't ready to defer to him at all on that team and where maybe they should be. And it's hard for me to determine, is it because I just want to see him have the ball every time, right Like it like I'm a parent watching their kid and be like, get him the ball. Yeah, yeah, but it does. I don't know, it does feel like they could be looking for him a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I mean, like there's plenty of game.
Speaker 1: I'm sure maybe on some level psychologically it's like you can slowly increase the burden.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean every time you see him with.
Speaker 1: The bar, like I think it's gonna okay, the jump shot is wet, okay, you should.
Speaker 3: Also be could also be a conspicuous decision on the Spurs part to be like if you're not putting him putting him in any but the best of positions to score in crunch time, like then he's going to shoot twelve fifteen, and so they're you know, trying to build his confidence and create ease for him where he can like kind of step in uh and feel the flow as opposed to you know, so maybe that's a conscious decision by popping sure and their staff.
Speaker 6: There if another monitoring ad minute.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad they're not just playing them in the first and third quarter and let him sit the bench in the fourth. I'm glad they're actually letting them play in the last six statements in the fourth quarter where the big game actually.
Speaker 6: Matters, because a lot of times.
Speaker 4: You'll see gut in a minute in restriction and they're playing in the third quarter and they're to set up the whole fourt and they're.
Speaker 6: Like, what as good as that? But first I know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's move on to a segment producer Jabbari just very accurately described as the Lakers road.
Speaker 2: To number eighteen. Uh, we're doing too right now.
Speaker 1: But we've I know, Jack and I in our text threads, we've been giving some stick to Jabari because he's like, look, Christian Wood, just go like, U, this is gonna be it. And at first we're like, this is your guy, now, joke down. But now Jabari hits us with every Christian would highlight that. That's you know, I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with where Christian Wood is at for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: And at first I wasn't quite sure.
Speaker 1: But you know, we're starting to see something, you know, something percolate.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 6: Christian Wood's interesting player. He is a guy that went from.
Speaker 4: Not being able to shoot once upon a time j almost being a spot up points here, which is very interesting. He doesn't have the greatest awareness the defense struggled at times, but for what the Lakers need him to do, it's a pretty good fit. And when you added he's on a minimum contract and he rebounds the ball very well, in which they struggle with doing as a team, he's okay, like he fits for certain matchets and he's very one of the bright spots of the first week of.
Speaker 6: The season for them.
Speaker 4: We look at the team and the roster, he's been okay. He has not been an issue. Their issue in the back court. They got to get consistency in the back court with Damslo Russell, Austin Reeves, Gabe Vincent I need to play match Christy Moore, cam reddis running the passport.
Speaker 6: And a multen ball.
Speaker 4: They are a situation to where they need more consistency from the back court because we know what a D le Bron gets you.
Speaker 6: We know everyone knows.
Speaker 4: I know the jokes about throughout a D but he's best playing team to starts backing up the first him. Yeah yeah, so I don't want to hear it like anything else. But in terms of the actual like consistency, the back quarter is so hot and cold, you can't really go anywhere with that. You're gonna need some sort of consistency and if you're not gonna get from this group, then you may have to make a trade later on the season, because you know, Lebron's window is now. There is no next year or two years from now. This is the window. He just turned thirty. His window is now too, so you gotta make some moves if it comes down to it. I think Austin Reason will get better, but I would like to see Max Christie play some. I think he's I think he's warranted some point in time for what his ability.
Speaker 6: To show, So we'll see for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like with Di lo it is it's so funny, like in the beginning in the offteine and they're like, okay, yeah, you know, let's let's let's see what we can do again, and when we saw glimpses and then yeah, just we were sort of right back to where we started. There are times I'm like this he's the truth. I'm I'm glad, I'm glad he's wearing the jersey. And then other times I'm like, what what happened to you? Like for the ice in your veins, You've seen ice cold in the not good way sometimes, so it's been really jarring for sure, and man, my boy, Austin, please please, let's let's get back to it, sir, we need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, d Lo. Man, I don't know. I don't even want to. I already have fight with Sea what.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man. I love the Lakers, I'm a I love Lebron. I don't want to see the season squandered. I'm hoping that they make moves or stop playing de Lo or yeah, because I don't know, it just feels, it feels like not a fit.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about somebody who is consistent, just really quickly. I do want to talk of just there was a there was some some real fun in the Houston Golden State game with Dylan Brooks and Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Uh and I for.
Speaker 1: A second, I wasn't sure if I was watching an actual highlight or if this was like some kind of two K recreation. But there was just this one exchange they had where Steph Curry, I don't know how many times did he have him just slipping like three times in that one possession. It was like a crossover a pump and it was like anyway, I again, we were starting to see the entertainment value that Dylan Brooks does bring to the league, and I and I do appreciate that that was that was there was a sight to behold and it was nice to see Steph Curry just give him the screen face after he hit that three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the what was that? He was like, I still remember what you said about me? What do you know what that was? In reference to there there was like some lip reading happening about what Steph said to Dylan Brooks before he went and did that to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't know, Jamison, do you know what he was talking about? What specifically he was made referencing.
Speaker 4: I don't know specific I don't know Doyling Brooks talking about everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Great to have a long memory and books talked about everyone, you know.
Speaker 6: It was probably when they played in the series and a couple years ago.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing I think, But I thinking recently because most of it it's been like about bron and other people. But yeah, I can't think of anything. But it didn't matter, didn't matter well, And.
Speaker 3: That's just like another thing that a lot of people are talking about. Terry's Maxie through three games, thirty points, six rebounds, six assists, splits of fifty to fifty six and ninety one. Probably going to be able to keep up those splits. So a lot of people mentioned him as an MDP candidate, which would be wild, you know, to have MVP come from Philly two years in a row. But he's he's played really well. Embiid is branding into shape. Philly has the highest point differential in the East. Again, three games, so pretty definitive. I think we have the best team in the East.
Speaker 2: Is I think we can stamp that one, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: So done done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the Nuggets are just continue to man, they're good. Just I really appreciate them because look, our first game against them just reminded us again we're we're pretty much where we left off.
Speaker 2: But I love the Nuggets for allowing that.
Speaker 1: They're truly like a barometer to be like, Okay, how do we stack up against them? And then you find out very clearly where your weaknesses are. So for that, I do appreciate the Denver Nuggets. But Mike, yeah, Jokic is not he has no off switch.
Speaker 2: It looks like.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: And they're point differential is fourteen point three a game which is better even than Philly the point differential Kings of the East as they're being referred to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's way different.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: They window case the other night on Saturday or Sunday night and just destroyed it. Was It wasn't fair like it looked like literally the champs versus it's another team in O case.
Speaker 6: He's good.
Speaker 4: Why Yeah, you guys throw the show like you know there's a chance of them catching a ticket maybe, but yeah, nah, it was different on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did not look like the past champs versus the future champs, which is what my money is saying. It is, are you seeing any anyone who's like underrated or who you think has good value at this point? Any teams to win the title? Any like MVP candidates who you think like people aren't paying attention to yet but should be.
Speaker 4: Literally candidates are always tricky because it's always be the same guys in top ten, Like there's no one by tyres match is not gonna win MVP like you might some food, Well you're not gonna And even if you have a remember even he has thirty at night like Shay average thirty last year right, you know what I mean. So it's not even in that conversation. So it's just the MVP is basically the top five guys on the top three or four teams in the league, and that's kind.
Speaker 6: Of how it goes.
Speaker 4: So it would be you really have a lot of value they're here, unless it's before the season.
Speaker 6: I think your best.
Speaker 4: Value is going to be like storing Champ, like rebounding Champ. Uh those, I think you're probably about the deep player of the year. I think that's where you probably get your most value from. But the team wise, New Orleans is interesting, Like if they're fully healthy, that's the one team that has a lot by talent and a lot of different matches they can throw at people. So that's the one team that I would keep an eye on. Okay, he's still a little little young, but they have a lot of assets where they feel they're close, they can make a boop or two. They have all the pits, so it's not like they can't make any trades. They can really trade for anyone who is somewhat available and make whatever offen they need to make. So that's always a key. But I just don't know what timetrame. They're on I don't know, Okay, so he's on the five to six year plan and they're saying, hey, let's go for now. The league is kind of in a weird spot, let's go for it. So it just depends on that. But those are the two teams out West.
Speaker 6: I would keep a close eye on.
Speaker 2: All Right.
Speaker 3: One MVP candidate that I think people should keep an eye on, all right, you ready, sure, because he's been out with an injury, but he had that one game, that first game when he was running point for the Phoenix Suns, Devin Booker looked incredible. He's currently eight. I'm just saying, there is a world where he comes back looks as good as he did in that first game and they are on a tear that I don't know. He's so good man, Devin Booker, Like I could, I could see him getting some momentum as the season wears on, especially if they have him. They're leaning on him to run point and he's like piling up assists on top of like thirty point games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they say the best ability availability, oh you know.
Speaker 6: There's no to come back.
Speaker 2: That's what just kind of wild too.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, oh, you know, I saw the first game and I was like, Okay, clearly we're gonna see this big three get together at some point. But the fact that it's still kind of up in the air, I'm I don't I don't like that for Devin, But.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't think that's as important because it gets in the way of the thing that I just said. So I'm gonna discount that.
Speaker 6: The sixty five gamble of this year or is it next year?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Right, all right, should we take a break and come back with the fastest segment of podcasting?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think so. Actually, yeah, I think all right, we'll be right back and we're back. We're back, yeah, jameson Welsh, Yeah, I think we're back, Jamison. And this is the fastest segment of podcasting. We're giving you just quick questions. You got to hit us with the first answer comes to your mind.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: It has to be both quick and correct and well thought out too and well react like just it should be very well thought out.
Speaker 1: We want people to say, my gosh, the truths that came out in that fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Rapid fire around a question from Jamison Welsh.
Speaker 1: I have not considered the game, and that's that first thought, best thought.
Speaker 3: We want both of them your first thought, and it has to be the best thought that we've ever heard.
Speaker 2: All Right, all right, jameson for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, here we go, Miles as the clock started, I guess that would be to Brian start the clock. All right, Okay, you want to kick it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jamison, give us your bad hot take or takes for the NBA season based on just the very little data we have.
Speaker 2: Now, take a big swing, Now take it, take it home with this one run swing.
Speaker 3: I want this take to make me say that's a spicy meat to ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, get weird on this.
Speaker 4: Come on, now, there will be a trade that will swing will win the title this.
Speaker 3: Year, and it's yet to come.
Speaker 4: It's yet to happen, the deadline that will swing the title race.
Speaker 3: Okayang bad news for Nuggets fans, bad news for Celtics.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it's good news for everybody else potentially.
Speaker 3: Okayse is going to trade all those picks away for James Harden and he's gonna come in. No, that's probably not gonna happen. All right, you can watch a movie with one of the following players, and I've done some research. I need you to tell me who you're gonna pick. Okay, and this is courtesy NBA Film Tweets, an account that you can follow that just finds interesting NBA players. Yeah, with their movie takes. All right, you can watch a movie with Nick van Exel, Anthony Morrow, Jalen Brunson, or Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 6: Oh, Nick van Exel easily.
Speaker 3: Nick van Exel, Nick van Excellent. Nick van Exel multiple times in the past three years, has just tweeted the phrase any given Sunday with multiple exclamation boots, you are watching any given Sunday, not a bad one. I do have to say, I do want to read Jimmy Butler's because that would have been my pick. I'm kicking with Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Butler back in twenty fourteen tweeted Transformers for was crazy good, crazy in all caps. Everybody has to go see that at Movie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's big, that has big.
Speaker 4: I remember niggas being ice coffee though, right, is gonna charge you for coffee bringing the ice coffee?
Speaker 3: That's right? Yeah, to the day. Also, Klay Thompson responded to that by saying Transformers is two hours forty five minutes too long. Thompson shots fire.
Speaker 2: So are you in any given Sunday fan though? Oh yeah, absolutely, Willy Beman, Willy Stephen Beman. Okay, I'm Willie.
Speaker 6: It's for children, but.
Speaker 2: It's no, no, but suitable for was is it Oliver Stone? Is that Oliver Stone movie? That was a wow? Hey great soundtrack though too.
Speaker 1: Anyway, next question, Jamison, because we got to keep this moving and I'm sorry that you didn't tell us to keep it moving, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Happy to tell you that we have to do it. Jamison, who is the best player you have ever witnessed in person? And what? What? What did they do?
Speaker 1: What were they what were they demonstrating when you were seeing that in life with your with your raw eye.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: It's going in raw with those eyeballs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was a really good question. I've seen almost everyone in person.
Speaker 3: So it's wow.
Speaker 4: All the performance at the time it was Dame's career high yet like fifty either.
Speaker 6: Fifty four or fifty one versus the Warriors in Portland.
Speaker 4: This was joined the the Warrior Super Team Era. So it was a big deal and he was just unconscious, like he was hitting everything do whatever he wanted to do. That was part of the best game I've seen from a player that game that night, is that he was unstoppable, like he was literally he beat them by himself.
Speaker 6: Basically he was that good. Still that good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I heard, I hear that guy's pretty good. I hadn't seen him play, but I heard it. I keep saying that he's good. Okay, is it?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like he's a person you need to see in person to fully appreciate just how quick quick he is, how.
Speaker 4: Yes him and stuff because you see the shots on TV. He doesn't do it justice when you see a guy pull up from like thirty feet basically two steps from half pour off the pick and roll and get splashed on.
Speaker 6: Your repeatedly, yes, personally, it doesn't do.
Speaker 4: It justice watching on the on the TV or fun game cast or whatever.
Speaker 6: It doesn't. You gotta see a lot.
Speaker 3: Got Yeah, you can't tell how far it is. It's just really far.
Speaker 4: Because once they shoot it from that far, the crowd is there's a sound on the crowd like, oh, I don't love expecting that and then we starts making them. Then yeah, the other sounds are going on, so yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me, yeah, yeah yeah Jack. Sorry, yeah, we got tams and we got to keep this movie. You should have told Jack that it's the next question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 2: I mean you're bad. Sorry, all right.
Speaker 3: You can take two players from all of history to create your Mad Boosty's Edition NBA Jam Team Wish. Two players are you taking?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's the horri a question. That's a very good question. Give me KD and give me a shock KD and.
Speaker 3: Shock Wow and touch and then just absolute demolition derby.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We can figure out the matchups whatever like, and the personalities too.
Speaker 6: But the person is a.
Speaker 4: Cool like you know what I mean. So it's not like you got two hard asses like na. Yeah, they both for cool personality hasn't get along the games comping to each other, like I think we'll good. That would be the that'd be the two KT.
Speaker 3: Is an underrated pick for that, like Kate we we've had actually is great because he's tall, so you're gonna be able to goaltend a lot. Oh yeah yeah. And then just the touch.
Speaker 4: For me, like I'm taking like I get to some fos one does one to do everything else? So yeah, I'll take my chancewers All.
Speaker 1: Right, Jamison, And how about this if you could have any NBA players physique? Okay, for like if you were trying to play basketball, You're like, this is this is the body I'm going to hop into and then go to l a fitness.
Speaker 2: Who are you picking? And why current?
Speaker 6: They are like of all time, of.
Speaker 2: All time, of all time, of all time, of all time, it has to.
Speaker 4: Be brown, right, like it have to be like, well, I don't want to get a I don't want to be a foot give me prime kg oh because I got the everything? Really do you can move? You can? You can play the post?
Speaker 6: He can?
Speaker 4: You know outside you can guard everyone? Like yeah prime prime seven footg you know you know he never said it seven foot, but give me Prime.
Speaker 6: Why are we? Why are we strong? Kevin Garnett?
Speaker 1: Right, and make sure that you have rubber bands as your jewelry.
Speaker 4: I get all the customers too, right, Like I get to do all That's.
Speaker 6: Part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, part of his physique. An indelible part of his physicus is the curse words coming out of.
Speaker 2: His poisonous tongue. Yeah, his legendary Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: All right. And finally, jameson Jack or Miles.
Speaker 6: The last time you got mad? I mean, it's a boat. I can't do that. M I gotta go with Miles.
Speaker 2: No, you heard it here, you heard it here, You heard it here, you heard it here.
Speaker 6: And because he's a fellow like the fan.
Speaker 2: See, and that's what it is. Sometimes Jack, I.
Speaker 4: Can't abandon him. I have a lot of love from the US. I don't like the process, but I love love for the Sichus. They're fans and compassive fans while the times. But I fellow like the fan that's not crazy and some sense I gotta roll with him.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, I never said I was saying, But.
Speaker 3: Miles and Jabbari leave the Lakers recap section titled Lakers Road to eighteen.
Speaker 2: I didn't even games in four games.
Speaker 3: Lakers Road to eighteen.
Speaker 2: So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: You know what it's what it's and Jamison, you are what is And that was our guest.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here today.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you and follow you and and and be blessed with your wisdom?
Speaker 6: Did you man well?
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I'm on Twitter's the best spot at the Jamison. You know, you'll see me on there ESP eleven hundred in Vegas, Nay season. You'll hear me at least once a week, you know, just talking about NBA and whatnot. Not necessarily a lot of gambling goes into more NBA breakdowns, but I'm going to be help with some gambling and some tips as well. We don't have draftings and bandu out here yet. I hope we do get those uh later, But yeah, I'm always here, always to make money if possible.
Speaker 3: I like to hear that, to hear that, make sure make money? Who doesn't?
Speaker 2: Who doesn't? This isn't Maria.
Speaker 3: Do you want to make more money? Sure we all do.
Speaker 1: And of course that's I have it tatted on my back. And make sure you guys follow us on Twitter. You can find me at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Ah yes, and make sure you also follow hashtag mad Boosti's b W O S d i e s for show links and updates. Thanks to everybody that's listening. Hey, please make sure you hop in there, rate and review the show and subscribe and do all that to support Miles and Jack got mad boosties and we will see you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,