Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. I'm Tamara Judge and I'm Dan Gesling and you're listening to Talking a Big Game. Hey, guys, welcome back to another episode of Talking a Big Game with myself, Tamor.
Speaker 2: Judge and Ding. Super excited to be here.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like I haven't seen you in like a week.
Speaker 3: I know it's been a minute, and I've got some like serious I have a serious question for you. I don't want to I don't want to start things off on this foot, but i have to know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what is it? The hate that is no hate?
Speaker 3: Well, because so so this is the first episode we're recording post launch, right, so we you know, we've recorded some episodes in this the first one, and so in the comments, like people are extremely not kind to you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that that's new. That's something new, and it's it's going to go away. But because the show is airing right now, and I'm not falling for Shannon's victim act on the show because I've known her longer than everybody, people are thinking that I ditched my best friend when after she got a DUI and that's not the case, and it will come out. But people, but not only are people coming for me? Most of them aren't even real people. Somebody hired bots to go after me.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my question, is that, regardless of the reason, like people are like super like just saying like super inappropriate stuff.
Speaker 2: How do you deal with that as a human?
Speaker 1: Oh well, last week I took xanax one day. I'll tell you that I couldn't understand the amount of hate when I'm actually doing something for somebody out of tough love and wanting them to get better and not enabling them with their drinking. So it's really hard. But it's also an edited reality show and not all the information comes out at once, and I've been on the phone with production and they say, just wait, just wait, you just gotta and I go you They're like, you know better than ever I go. But I haven't really even done anything on the show to warrant this hate. You know. We got into one fight and I called her an alcoholic, Like, I get it. My words were a little harsh, But other than that, it's a lot of her playing the victim in interviews, saying like tiam Ridge just left me. It's not true, It's not the case. So people will see even this week's episode, you will see a different side of me, and I'm hoping that that hate will stop. But however, somebody has hired bots. They're not even real accounts, so I kind of noticed that, and Kayden really, you know, he's like, don't read the comments whatever you monitor or whatever. And somebody reached out to me on social media and says, I just want to let you know that somebody hired bots. They're going after you bad. And the reason why I know their bots is their empty accounts. And they say the same basic sentence reworded three different times. And they also are putting it on posts that have nothing to do with me, nothing to do with housewives. So it's like, you know, when people hire them, they just they just flood.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, because I know you in real life, like, and I know all these things that are like I'm sitting there and like the feeds are getting blown up with all these comments. I'm like, I know who you are as a person, Like you're a very kind, genuine, like real person and then to see all this stuff, like I'm getting riled up.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, how does Tamra.
Speaker 1: Like Tamra's used to it, But you know what, I wasn't expecting it because I went into the season, you know, Shannon, and I had to step away from her, which is a very toxic friendship, and I felt like she wasn't getting the help she was she needs, and I, you know, she wasn't going to change, so I had to change. So I had to walk away from her. And There's a lot more that's to it, But I'm not one on reality TV that plays victim.
Speaker 3: Haama, let may ask because this is like Danda Tamra like yeah, and like we've talked storylines and all that, but I'm saying, like you as a human, like it, are you read it? And then like what do you do? Like physically, what do you do? Is there a point where you're like enough's enough? Because one thing that like I laughed, but I saw something on Twitter that you were tweeted someone like, oh, you turned off comments on Twitter because it was about your daughter, and you're like, of course I did.
Speaker 2: You're a loser first talking about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever I post about my kids at all, which is Sophia is really the only one that I post about, and I turn off comments because one time there was a comment you know, it was a happy birthday comment to her, and somebody is like, oh, I hope she's going to get a nose job when she gets older. And I didn't see it, but she saw it and it really kind of hurt her feelings at the time. And of course this was like three four years ago, and she brought it to me and I thought, nope, nobody's commenting on my kids.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of you know, hurting feelings and not hurting feelings and turning the conversation to excitement, Caitlyn is here. Let's bring her in, but tamer, we're not done with this. We're gonna take because I want to. We got to talk about this the next episode. You want to bring Caitlyn in for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're super excited. So today we have Caitlyn Bristow. She was contestant on the nineteenth season of The Bachelor, and she ended up coming in third place. She was later chosen as the bachelorette for the eleventh season of ABC's The Bachelorette. She was a celebrity winner of season twenty nine of Dancing with the Stars and the first Canadian to ever win the show. Now, there was a lot of drama around Caitlin. That's why we want to bring her in. There was stuff about her appearance. There was even some stuff being said that we need to ask her about her producer, allegedly her producer from Bachelor allegedly not allowing her to do Dancing with the Stars. So let's get to the bottom of this. Let's bring her in. Hi guys, Hi, Hi Lynn. It's so nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on. We've got a ton of questions for you, like a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: So before you jumped on, here, me and Dan we're talking about social media hate and well, right now I'm like the the hate most hated ever on my cast, because I'm are you really? Oh yeah, I mean it's going to change next week, but right now I am because you know, I'm not buying somebody's bullshit on the show, and I'm not bound down.
Speaker 2: I'm over here getting defensive.
Speaker 3: I'm like, these people don't understand, like out of a world of fake people, tammers the real one.
Speaker 2: But anyway, sorry, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've had your share of hate on social media.
Speaker 4: The real ones always get the hate and it's it's we're the easy ones to hate. I feel like real ones are easy to hate because we say how it is, and that gives people an opportunity to, like, I don't know, clap back to what we think.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I always feel like people who are the most show up, like the most authentically on social media. You usually get the most backlash, but you're probably doing that on your own season of television is just showing up authentically and people, I don't know, people are afraid of bright lights.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, no, I'll absolutely agree with that because there's people on my show right now. I don't know if you watch Housewives, but they're people that are like they're fake and they're not being honest and they're like, oh, isn't she sweet? I'm like, yeah, I don't want sweet on reality TV. Let's just be straight right there.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you do it. I've heard, like the drama of Housewives to me gives me anxiety and I don't even watch, like I'm just like it's so it's freaks me out because I feel like you guys get pigeonholed too into these like hit casting characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that I'm used to it, so.
Speaker 3: It's like, eh, Kaitlin, you're Canadians, so like Canadians are notorious for like being kind and nice. At what point you know, in your vast reality TV career did you like become callous because it seems like, yeah, I've dealt with hate, but you seem like you're unbothered by it. Not to call attention your sweatshirt you're wearing right now that says unbothered on it.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I am like a walking contradiction all the time, Like I am, I get bothered easily, but I wear the sweater that says unbothered. I just honestly, it depends where I'm at in my cycle, what time of a month it is. But sometimes it like doesn't bother me at all, and other times I like I want to throat chop people and like fight them in real life. So it really it just depends because I actually think I dealt with it better when I first came off being the Bachelorette, which was like nine eight nine years ago, and I was like, this is crazy. People hate me for just being me, Like how funny, And then over the years I actually feel like I've gotten softer, Like I'm like.
Speaker 1: Wait, you still hate me, Dan, It's like, how do you handle the hate? And I'm like, first of all, I want to apologize, Dan, because the hate that's probably going on to your page because of me, it is clearly my fault.
Speaker 2: No, but it's just crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I'll say like, yeah, oh well it doesn't bother me. I'm like that last week I had to take his annex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I feel you it really, I'm really up and down, hot and cold all the time. But Dan, I'm like, Big Brother fans are so nasty sometimes, like I am. It's first of all huge Big Brother nerd. Like I've watched since the I think I was I don't know whatever age I was in two thousand and three. Og I am an og. I love it so much. And over the years, I've like forced friendships on so many Big Brother cast members because I'm like, hey, look we both have a following, let's be friends. Like I've dreamt about being friends with people from Big Brother. I remember creating a fake I tried every email I could for this girl I was a fan of to write her and say I was a fan.
Speaker 1: So this is clearly.
Speaker 4: Like back before anything, I was just making up emails.
Speaker 2: Would who was it? Tell me?
Speaker 3: Because I'm like an og Big Brother fan until you're going the show and.
Speaker 4: Then you're like, all right, I'm blanking on who it was. I literally was this is? I mean over twenty years ago. I'll think of it. I'll think of it and and tell you. But oh my gosh, yeah, I used to just like make up email addresses to try and get a hold of her. But like now with social media, I find and I'm sure it's the same for housewives, but the Big Brother like fandom, whatever you want to call them, Like I'm a live.
Speaker 1: Feeder, they're so main So I mean, well, I was telling Dan earlier that I just found out that somebody hired bots to go after me. And the reason why we found out is because it's the same sentence written four different times, and when you click on the account, it's empty, and it's going everywhere, even on even on post. I'm hearing that have nothing to do with me, these random messages. I'm like a somebody bought thoughts. I go, hey, I'm making in life, right, I must be pretty popular. People wanting to spend their hard to earn money. Attack bending you should you should do something with that, like like get a life.
Speaker 4: You know who Jill Zarren is theres are and I don't know how you get it. Somebody made like a website called like I hate Jill aron dot com and she like bot my website.
Speaker 1: Oh that's smart.
Speaker 4: You gotta get creative, like start start making merch and be like people buy bots.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm sure Jill Zan's already made it. She's got she is the queen of merch. I did.
Speaker 3: Is like what if sh is the one that's behind it? And then like there's a whole storyline right there, but I wouldn't pass it.
Speaker 2: But Calyn, I want to bring this back to you real quick.
Speaker 3: Was there a moment when you're like when you're going through all the social media and you're like a breaking point you're like, okay, I can't keep looking at this or was there a moment you're like, let me figure out where like you learn.
Speaker 2: How to deal with it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I got to a place where I was like I got to stop what my therapist and now I call it shopping for pain. I got to stop shopping for pain. Where I go looking for it. I know people are going to be saying mean things. It just depends on how quote unquote relevant I am at the time. So like, when I'm on a show, the hate is a lot louder, and so I have to look at that through a different perspective of, Oh, I'm I'm in the media right now, so the hate's going to be a lot louder. And then when I'm doing like wholesome shit like toy story with my godson, It's like nobody can hate on that. I'm just being boring. So I just kind of like have to brace myself and know when the hate is loud, I can't go shopping for pain. And so it really just depends again on the timing of everything. But it's it's it's really important to me. I've never looked at a Reddit article about myself and I never will and I just again, you just don't go looking for it.
Speaker 1: But enough of hate. Let's talk about the good stuff that you have done.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You were on you were on Dancing with the Stars, but there was some drama that went along with that. From what I understand, I hear that your producers from the Bachelor didn't want you on there.
Speaker 4: Oh that drama. I'm like, which drama. Yeah, it was not the producers, it was the man that created the Bachelor franchise. He yeah, he didn't want to go back to your image or something. Now, I don't know what. I think. He just didn't like me from the get go. I think I think actually I know, Oh, he didn't like me from the get go.
Speaker 2: And how do you know, Like, why do you know that?
Speaker 4: Because he I mean, he made it very obvious and he he didn't want me to be the bachelorette, so he had called a meeting with me, and I think he usually goes for I mean, he gets to make the final decision, so he is like, you know, ahead of the franchise, which I don't think he's even there anymore. But he likes, you're all American girl next door, America's sweetheart. And when I came on The Bachelor, Yeah, the Bachelor, I was very much this like edgy Canadian with tattoos and I swore and I was just like like I came out guns blazing. I was like, I'm just gonna be me, like weirdo. Caitlin from the small town in Alberta, Canada, and I'd rather be I said, I'd rather be hated for who I am than liked for somebody I'm not. I didn't want to go on TV and pretend to be somebody else just to get people to like me.
Speaker 1: And I like that line.
Speaker 4: Oh you can thank Kurt Cobaine for that one. I got it from him. But I was like, I'm just not going to care what people think, like I still know and deep down in my heart, I'm a good person, so I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to care.
Speaker 4: And then I don't think he liked that. I think he wanted, like, if there's going to be another Bachelorette, I think he wanted to go with what's always worked for that franchise, Like America loves their comfort food and they always love the America's Sweetheart, and I was going to be a change up to the franchise. And so I don't think he really liked me from the get go. And then the season did well, and then when I came off, it was like I grew up dancing. My mom was a professional ballerina, and I grew up dancing my whole life. I never had done ballroom, but it was a dream of mine to go on Dancing with the Stars, and he said, I just don't want people coming on my show who want fame. He always had this belief that I wanted to get famous from his show, and I never understood where that came from for him. And he like, he was like, the gossip magazines say you're just here for fame, and I'm like, well those are gossip magazine, Like, I don't know where this is coming from.
Speaker 1: But it was like, I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you get famous from being on TV.
Speaker 4: Well, and this it just didn't add up. Like this is another reason why I knew he didn't like me, is because all he's had like four of his past bachelor's go on Dancing with the Stars, but a bachelorette had never done it, and so they had asked me, and then I was over the moon excited, and then he took it away from me. So then it was such a full circle moment that five years later when I thought I was you know, five years Yeah, it was five years later.
Speaker 1: Well not only did you go on, but you won. I wan congratulations.
Speaker 2: What does that mean when you say took it away from you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I had the contract, and I didn't know. I didn't know how contracts television worked. I didn't know I had to like get approved from then.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, Abc, ABC, both ABC shows. I can obviously go do Dancing with the Stars the past bachelors have. And so I had the contract signed and everything. I had an entertainment lawyer that went over it. I signed the contract. I was supposed to be announced on Good Morning America like the next week, and he just said like, no, You're not doing it. Oh yeah, he just said, no, you're not. I'm not going to allow this, and I were you crushed? Oh? I bawled my eyes out. I wrote an email to so many people at the franchise just being like, I'm not doing this for fame, like dancing is really a dream of mine, Like I would love to get this opportunity, and uh yeah, so I've It's funny because I've talked about it, and I always have to remember this because you guys are a new up podcast with a different audience than me, because I'm like, people are probably so sick of me talking about this, but you have a whole other audience the way I have so they're probably hearing this for the first time. So yeah, I've He just said, I, you know, I don't want people coming on my show for fame. And I said, dancing is a passion of mine and he said, well, Sean should be your only passion right now, which is the guy that I chose to get engaged to off the show. And I asked him if he had more than one passion in life and he said, I'm not. He said, I'm not talking about this, Caitlin, I'm not. I'm not talking about this, and and then he hung off on me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I mean that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, that's amazing. You talked to like the head of the whole franchise like that. I mean it's not like that's like fake some stones. I'm not gonna lie Like that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I had to I had to jump through hoops to get that guy on the phone. I was like not taking no for an answer until he yeah, there's just no other option for me. Wild What influenced you to apply for the show for Bachelor? Yeah, I didn't. My girlfriend signed me up. I was just getting out of a long relationship and I had kind of bopped all over the place he played hockey, and so I was kind of all over the map and I ended up being in Germany, and in Germany, I completely lost myself to this relationship. I was depending on him emotionally and financially, and I just became a shell of myself and I had no friends, and I had no career, and I didn't have a dollar in my bank account. And he broke up with me, and I was just like beside myself and it was totally a rock bottom moment for me. And I had to move back in with my parents at the age of like twenty seven, and you know, go back to a restaurant job that I didn't like, and kind of like start from the ground up again and you know, get friends back. I'd lost all my friends because I was never there and I was only focused on this relationship. And my girlfriend just said to me, she goes, I just see you on the Bachelor. And I said, do they take Canadians And she goes, yeah, they do, because Big Brother doesn't take Canadians. And I said, if I was going to go on any reality show, I wanted to go on Big Brother. And she was like, they don't take Canadians, and so she sent in all of my information to the Bachelor franchise and it's all timing, you know, timing everything, And they didn't choose me to go on, and they called me and they kept me on file and called me about a year and a half later to come on the next season.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing with reality shows, and it happens on our show as well. They don't give up people. Just because you try out for a show and you don't make it that season, doesn't mean you won't make it, you know, the two second or or fourth year out because it happens all the time. Do you think you were going to get chosen?
Speaker 4: No? No, I was like, they're never going to take someone like me. I'm so weird, I'm so quirky, and like if they do, I'm going to be the drunk girl that goes home night one from like embarrassing herself. Like it's I thought it was going to be a yeah, No, I didn't see it going the way that it did.
Speaker 1: Well your personality, sure shine, Because then you were chosen for the Bachelorette seasonal. Yes, what do you have to say about that?
Speaker 4: That was again hoops were jumped through to get there because I never I was. You know, a lot of girls go on and they want to be the bachelorette, and they try and make it to a certain point just so they can possibly be the bachelorette. Truly on the bachelor, thought this guy's going to pick me, I'm going to get engaged, and like I thought for sure it was me, and so I had no agenda to be the bachelorette. And then he dumped me and I was very shocked. And then when they asked me, it was again shocking. But I had to go in and kind of like prove myself to this this guy again who didn't want me to be the bachelorette. But I remember I had to cut my bangs a certain way, they sent an outfit that I needed to wear, and my makeup had to be done a certain way to go in and have a meeting with him, just to like present myself.
Speaker 1: Is he still a power?
Speaker 4: I guess I still have a job.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, oh, well there you go.
Speaker 3: I have a question for doing that show. What was it like having that presence over you? Are you like looking over your shoulder while you're like essentially the star.
Speaker 2: Of the show, Like what was that?
Speaker 4: Like, I didn't no, I didn't realize actually that there was that kind of power until well on The Bachelor. I had no idea. I didn't understand anything about production television. Like when I came out of the limo, I was confused why I wasn't hearing the romantic music plane and I was like, oh, I guess that's just like well you watch it back on TV. Like I didn't know, and so I thought the producers ran the show now until later when they're deciding for me to be the bachelorette. I still didn't really see him much after that, So while I was the bachelorette, I didn't feel like my head was on a swivel for like the higher ups, because I think they really want you to like be comfortable and trust the producers, so I want. I think they want you to just like fully lean into the vulnerability of feeling comfortable and like like the producers are almost like family.
Speaker 1: Did you always want to do something in the entertainment business There's just something that kind of fell on your lap?
Speaker 4: Oh, I always wanted to. I like, I I have this. I wish I still had the papers I have a picture of me writing down stuff that I wanted on a vision board when I was twenty four years old, and I really wanted to be on like a competitive show again. I really wanted it to be Big Brother lol, and or I wanted my own radio show, and I wanted to have two Golden Retrievers, and I wanted to be an entrepreneur, and I wanted like all the things where I look back now and I'm like, oh, should I did it? I have all those things I got down when I was twenty four years old, and like part of it was wanting to be a dancer too, and like everything just came. So there's so many full circle moments. But yeah, I always knew I wanted, Like if you ask any of my friends or family from growing up, I was an entertainer. I would stand up at the dinner table and sing O Canada before dinner. Like I always was wanting to like make people laugh or entertain and I just loved that side of things. Like never in my life did I think that would happen through the Bachelor world, but I knew I wanted to do something in the entertainment.
Speaker 1: It was a great platform, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: And you have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're quite the entrepreneur. I was just reading your successfully launched multiple businesses from wine to scrunchies. You have your own podcast. How long have you had your podcast while right?
Speaker 4: Almost almost eight years?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's impressive. I love it you. You've done so much with your platform. And I would say, there's a lot of women out there that get on a reality show and it's over and they're over. What do you think that's what makes you successful and all the things? Is it just your drive or.
Speaker 4: Is it what is it? I think it's a lot of things. I think I definitely had the right team of people around me when I came off the show, because I think if it was up to me, I would have just continued to be like, you're going to pay me to talk about teeth whitening and waist trainers and not that there's anything wrong with that, because I'm like, that's that's some serious mind you sponsorship, Yeah, I don't. I My girlfriend just was in the industry, and you know, I came from I had a job at a restaurant and I was teaching spin classes and making and meet and so to be offered a significant amount of money to post something on Instagram felt like a dream. But my girlfriend, who used to work for Scooter Braun, called me and was like, I don't care how much they paid, you delete that off your Instagram right now if you want to build a loyal following and a career and a brand out of this. And that was in twenty fifteen, so this was like right when Instagram was becoming something that you could build a business off of and you could really make money. And so she told me, I need to be smart about it. And we hired a team and some of the people on the team were my friends and some people I'd just been in the industry. And I think I just like, slowly but surely learned on the value of of building a community over like building your bank, and that the audience will start to trust.
Speaker 1: You and you have to be authentic to your brand. Yeah, I've done I've made those mistakes. Like one time, I'm yeah, I promoted a vibrator and I'm like, I'm not doing that again.
Speaker 4: I did that.
Speaker 2: I talk about it about Kitlin. Can you talk about specific things you would do so so?
Speaker 3: So, were you just more mindful about the brand deals you took or you talked about like building community. What does that look like to you in like day to day execution, like things you do to to build a community, not just you know, shill a product if there's anything wrong with Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, totally. And again yeah, I'm like I would have done the same thing, and who wouldn't you know? But for me, I think I didn't realize that I was quite the controversial bachelorette because I talked about sex. I had sex before the Fantasy suite, and it was this big like thing where I was like, oh, do people not talk about this? I didn't, I didn't know, And I think I got heavily slut shamed on the show and death threats and people just hated me for you know, not waiting for marriage or something. I think. I think a lot of people that watch that show are quite religious, and you know, it was just like the craziest thing to people.
Speaker 1: That I religious. But they'll send you a death threat.
Speaker 4: Exactly, yes, but Jesus does not did not love me in their eyes for having sex.
Speaker 1: Jesus wants you dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I felt so alone for like a short amount of time, and then when I addressed it, and started talking about how bullied I was getting and just how much it was affecting me. I saw people really like come together and other women who said certain things like you made me feel less alone. You made me know it's okay to talk about this. I don't have to feel shame around this. And I started seeing the value in like people coming together and not feeling alone in some and so I kind of used my platform as this safe space to just like talk about things that were faux pas or talk about things that were too.
Speaker 1: Mental health as well. You've been very open about your mental health journey. Is there any advice that you can Yeah, others that are struggling with anxiety and depression. I mean, I mean I know so many people. Even my daughter who's eighteen, she struggled with anxiety.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh I'm sorry. It's such a it's I mean, I feel like it's just becoming more and more common to and it kind of ties into this whole community thing because again I kept I'm such an open book and I'll talk about anything all the time, and to have my own platform on social media, it's like, how incredible is this I'm having, you know, being able to take my podcast on tour and see all the people that listen and how you know, talking about mental health, talking about anxiety has just made people feel less alone, more seen a safe space in this. I have a Facebook group of people that listen to the podcast and it's just turned into this wonderful like forty thousand people friendship, it feels like, and I love. Everybody talks about different things in there, and a lot of it is mental health, people struggling and what and everybody just shows up for each other on there, and it's so cool, so important. Yeah, it really is. I again, I struggle with PMDD, so pre menstrual mood disorder, and I get it bad. I go into a very dark place and I get depression. And anxiety for me shows up in a lot of different ways other than panic attacks. I could sit here for an hour and tell you about my anxiety. But I think my advice to people is again finding community, and it's finding you know, there's so many Facebook groups out there, there's so many people out in the world that are ready to talk about their mental health struggles. There's books on it, there's so many resources, there's podcasts, there's things that you could do to feel less alone. And I think it's like for me, I kind of learned how to surrender to the depression and anxiety and used it as a tool to listen to my body, Like my body's trying to tell me something, like something feels off. Maybe I haven't gotten enough rest the night before. Maybe I drank too much wine that day, Like maybe I did this, Maybe I need to move my body a little more. And I think we all don't know the power of our own body and intuition and gut, and it's always trying to tell us something. So I think it's you got to lean into what it is that you need to pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Heelen.
Speaker 3: You talk about this Facebook group of forty thousand people, Do you feel like you have a responsibility or a pressure that comes along with that, because like you're you're the summit of the forty thousand people.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've thought about shutting it down a few times when it gets rowdy in there, because I'm like, ah, this is on me, Like it's it's terrifying because I feel a responsibility just in general with you know, everything that's going on in the world. People think if you have a platform, you should speak up on it, and I don't agree with that, and so I do sometimes feel this responsibility, and especially in the Facebook group, like I almost think like the one point eight million followers on Instagram is like lovely and wonderful and up and down and scary and amazing and all the different things. But that smaller community that I've built with off the vine listeners feels personal. It feels really personal. It feels like people are choosing to be there. They choose to listen to me two hours a week. They're like, it does feel a little more personal. So yeah, I feel a lot of pressure because I can't be there for all of it and I can't change people's mind and I can't have that kind of responsibility because I'll take it on. So again, I have to watch how I show up in there, because if I'm having a bad day, I actually will go in there and see that everybody like, you know, being there for one another. But then other times I'll look on there and I'm like, do you guys forget this is my page?
Speaker 1: They'll like be.
Speaker 4: Talking about my ex boyfriend and how happy they are for him, and I'm like, well, yes, second, Yeah, It's a mixed bag of feelings in there, but yes, I do feel a responsibility and it does get challenging at times.
Speaker 2: So I mean, you've been able.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about you and other people we've brought on this podcast, it's like, Okay, you have this window and then it's not just a window anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like you've extended it.
Speaker 3: You've been able to morph this entire career to exactly what you've wanted it to be.
Speaker 2: Looking back, like, what has allowed you to do that?
Speaker 3: I know he said you've had a good team and that's part of it, but also internally, like I'm sure you've had to pivot and do things like that, But what do you if you could tie it back to one thing that you've done to like have this longevity in a space that could.
Speaker 2: Go like that.
Speaker 4: I do think it has everything to do with showing up authentically, Like I think we see so many people show up on the internet like in ways where you're like, what are you just saying that because you have a brand deal coming up with them? Are you just saying that because you know that's what sounds good? Are you saying that because that gets you the most likes, the most engagement, are you like, what are you doing this for? And I think a lot of times, and I believe this for like everybody in life, whether you have a platform or you don't, for people who are listening to this podcast or watching or whatever they're doing. I think when you align yourself with your truest, most authentic self, with the people that you surround yourself with, with how you show up in the world, I think that will always put you on the right path or doing things that you love. And sometimes, you know, I'm such a big believer in manifesting, and sometimes people think like, well, can I just think about a million dollars and I'll have it, Like is that manifesting? And I'm like, No, Manifesting actually takes a lot of hard work, a lot of patients, a lot of putting yourself in situations that not a lot of other people would put themselves in. It's stepping outside of your comfort zone to align yourself with the right place as people in life, to go where you want to go, and taking risks. And I just think I've always I always think my parents because they always let me be me, whether it was like I was so shy in elementary school and that I came out of my shell, and then I was a wild child, and then I wanted to like get tattoos and move all over the world. My parents just always embraced me to be who I really wanted to be and find my own path. And I just think that coming out of a show, I think I really was like, how do I stay humble, not get lost in this, not treat it like a drug that I get a taste of and get addicted to any sort of fame or attention, and really build something meaningful. And I think that always wins for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm the same way with my kids. As long as you are good human beings and you are nice people, I don't care. Like if you want to dye your hair blue, pink, whatever, I don't care. I just I want you to be able to express your self and show your creativity on your own and not me telling you what to do.
Speaker 4: That's that's important. Unless I was on Big Brother, then I would be a line sheet and Steven of a shot, I would go.
Speaker 2: For it, including Big Brother.
Speaker 3: Are there any other competition shows you think you would do well on and want to be Because when you say you want to go in Big Brother, I'm like, when Celebrity Big Brother rolls around, you seem like you'd be a shoe.
Speaker 1: Is it coming back Celebrity Big Brother?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it all depends based on, like ear the industry is.
Speaker 4: I would love to, but I don't think they take people from ABC. I've never seen a Bachelor person or someone from ABC because it's like a competitive network. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I would do anything to have any kind of Big Brother experience. I also loved you on Traders. Were you both on Traders?
Speaker 1: Yes, we were on Traders together. That's how we met.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's okay, So I watched I can't remember how many episodes, but I remember, so I was trying to remember where I knew you from. Duh, that's it. Traders. Oh you were great on Traders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a damn trader. He murdered.
Speaker 4: No you you I know you both were really good traders. I would totally do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite a commitment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a commitment.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about doing reality shows? Competition shows where they take your phone away and you're gone for three to four weeks? And you have no communication to the outside. You like, it sounds great, don't. You don't have any children, right, so you have non children. It's hard when you have kids.
Speaker 4: I have two dogs that people think they're like, kay Caitlin, they're not your children. I'm like, yes they are. They came out of my room. They are mine. But no, I think I think to take my phone away and go. I am such a competitive person. I love competing. I I just like, I get so dialed in and I I love not having my phone. So I feel like that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, I hated it. I hated not having my phone.
Speaker 3: Speaking of competing, Okay, you've recently had a moment go viral. You were on Name That Tune and I watched it, and so you're competing on the show.
Speaker 1: But wait, where did you film that at? I was supposed to do that too.
Speaker 2: It was for Fox right, Ireland.
Speaker 1: It was in Ireland.
Speaker 4: I was supposed in Ireland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I can't do it Teddy Teddy ended up doing it. I couldn't. It was a compe should.
Speaker 4: Absolutely do it.
Speaker 3: So, Kayln, some watches I knew who you were and like New York Bash and everything.
Speaker 2: But there. It's endearing. It's like, Okay, there's this song. So I was what was it? Old McDonald had a farm. You didn't know who it was.
Speaker 3: But and I know that movement blew up when viral, but watching your reaction to it, it wasn't like it just seemed like really authentic and you kind of were in on the joke hosting fact, what was that like? I mean, because like it's all it was all over the place.
Speaker 4: I know, it's so funny because I I handled it much better than I thought I would, because I thought when Caromo and I were backstage and we were doing like a practice round in the green room, I was like, I am going to murder you. I am so good at this. And then we get out there and you know, the lights and the cameras and the music and freaking Randy and I just was so intimidated being out there. And it's like so much easier when you're watching from your couch or when the pressure is on and I go out there and they play and you know, she sets it up. The host sets it up and says, all right, Caitlin, this is a gift we're basically giving you, like the easiest song in the world and it's Old McDonald had a farm and all I heard was da da And I'm like, Mary had a little lamb obviously, and I just there's nothing you could do but laugh at yourself in those moments, because how does somebody not get a nursery rhyme?
Speaker 1: Like, right, I'm laughing at yourself is the best.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was because you're Canadian. I'm like, I don't Maybe they'll have Old McDonald in Canada. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I should have.
Speaker 2: Thought of that.
Speaker 4: I should have thought of that. I blame being Canadian on so many things. I don't know. I didn't know that I'm Canadian. I didn't know, but I know, I know.
Speaker 1: We got to wrap it up right now. I just want to thank you so much for you know, coming on our podcast and we adore you. I have some personal questions I want to ask you, but Dan, you can, you can leave. Yeah, it's about plastic surgery.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure, really, It's like it's it's it's cool to interact you and finally get a chance to meet and I always find it like so fascinating and also encouraging and amazing when someone can take the reality TV experience and essentially make it their own, as opposed to like this is who you are. You're in this box and you're like, no, this is my path and be successful at it. It was amazing, great bucking. Do you thanks for coming on?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Waite. Can I ask you a quick question me? Yeah, yes, okay, I just have to on Big Brother. When you guys have to do like your speeches, do someone saying like okay, now you close the box and you say this ceremony adjourned, Like do you are they in your ear for that stuff?
Speaker 3: So yeah, like there's a speaker and they'll be like, okay, like here's what you say. So if you botch the lines or you like the box falls off, they'll say, just do it again. But like in terms of like what specifically to say, not really it's not. It's like they just give you like height, here's where you do this, okay.
Speaker 4: And then my only other one was when you're reaching inside the box for the players for the veto competition. Is that rigged or is that really at random?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean there, I think they've changed that now because I think people were like peeking. But I mean it's completely random, but I think some people could like either feel name like a letter on a ball or whatever, so they adapted. But that's how I know you'd be good at Big Brother, because you're thinking about that stuff now. So when the opportunity comes, I would like to do it, do it, but also, like you got to hook her up, Dan, I will.
Speaker 2: But don't do it like well, I'll tell you about it later anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guys, I know Dan has a heart accred. I do want to ask a couple of questions now, Yeah, it's really open about plastic surgery. And the reason why I'm asking you this because you said you admit having a brow lift and teeth bonding. I'm doing exactly the same thing next week.
Speaker 4: Amazing, Oh amazing.
Speaker 1: So I have personal questions for my own the brow How bad did it hurt?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So I think I messed up on the terms. I'm a browlift by botox and film.
Speaker 1: Oh I say you were pretty young? Okay, Okay, so you didn't, I haven't done here, and then pull the mess. I'm much older than you, No.
Speaker 4: But I am so down to do that, Like whenever I've I so I've never actually gone under the knife for any plastic surgery, but I have done a lot of botox and I've gotten filler.
Speaker 1: Well, the worst thing in the world happened to me. What botox is not working for me on my forehead anymore. It just decided Nope, not today, not today, forehead.
Speaker 4: Wait, is that a thing that can happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I hate it. Wait till you get like fifty, but yeah it is. And people will say we'll change it up. When I tried, it didn't work. So my doctor's like, just get a row lift, and I'm like, okay, let's do it. Yeah, let's do it. And then another thing you just did, you did the prenubo scan. I just got my results back. This is the second time I've done it. I can't say enough good things about it. The first time around, I had they found like assist on my like four different six cysts, but they found something on my pancreas, which nobody wants to find anything on their pancreas, and it was very small, but I was so happy to renew redo it a year later and it's actually shrinking, so they're like, it's assists. So you don't worry about it. I'm like, oh, thank god, but what a piece of mind that is, right?
Speaker 4: I know so many people I actually was shocked how many people, uh like, had comments on that, Like so many people are like I could never do that and they're too scared. And I was like, no, you should be scared to not do that.
Speaker 1: My husband wanted it not yeah really yeah, he's like no, I'm just I'm gonna go the way I'm going to go. I'm like, well, why when you can prevent it. I think for me, like if I can prevent it, and I have children, like I want to be there for them, and you know, and so to me it was I want I had to do it. In fact, I want to have my mom do it as well. She's seventy five years old now, so I'm like I want my parents to do it too.
Speaker 4: I just think it's so like, what a what an incredible breakthrough we can have for this. I feel like we're all scared of how many people are we hearing about getting cancer and this aneurysms, and so I was like, oh my gosh, they couldn't get me in that MRI. Soon enough, I wanted to know everything and it is scary, of course, but I was like so excited because I wanted to know how to I want to have kids and I'm thirty nine and so to know that I have fibroids and like to get a like I'm get ahead of the appointment with my obg yn. Like, let's talk about it. Yeah, I think it's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's that's the only thing I wanted to talk to you about personally. But I thought, oh my god, she had a brow lift. She's actually too young, I would say, So it makes sense now.
Speaker 4: It was just from I know, I didn't realize. I didn't realize that you could do an actual browl of I mean, don't get me wrong. When I get to an age where I feel like that's time for me, I anything that makes me feel young I want to do. I don't know why people have such an issue and hate on people for doing these things. If it makes them feel.
Speaker 1: Good better, That's what I always say. If it makes you feel better, than do it. Don't ever do it for somebody else, Just yeah, for yourself. But I just want to thank you again for coming on, thank you for having me. Yeah, and enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much you as well. It was a pleasure and I appreciate you guys having me on and I.
Speaker 1: Hope to see you on Traders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lead too.
Speaker 1: They just renewed it for two more seasons. So I keep saying they're going to run out of reality people because they do twenty twenty each season.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, there's enough reality people to go looking for forty more.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: I'll I know one of the casting directors. I'll just go raise my hand with them.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Okay, it was great meeting you. Bye bye.