Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. Sit is Thursday, November the twentieth, and the next great debate on the Internet is going on as we speak. The question did he say Piggy or Peggy with that? Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ in Episode I Didn't even want to do was not on my radar. Rops, I give you credit. Say hey, all, this is going on and people are talking about it. I was a couple of days ago. It's over. We know he said, Piggy, what's the big deal? And sure enough, rollops. I look on Twitter and it's the number one trending topic as we are recording. Peggy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's interesting because he said this went on Friday over the weekend, on the plane over the weekend. Basically, there was a reporter you couldn't see her in the video who asked him a question about Epstein.
Speaker 3: We kind of know now he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really like it when reporters ask him about why he hasn't released the Epstein files, YadA, YadA, YadA, And so he clearly says quiet, quiet, Piggy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you hear him say? It wasn't a okay? And we had a moment. We looked at it but there was no debate at the time. If you watch the video, you're not wondering did he say something else? Nod you hear him say in context of what was happening in the moment, even.
Speaker 2: He was angry and you could tell he was angry, and he didn't He pointed a finger too. He was pissed off, and he called a female reporter piggy while telling her to be quiet.
Speaker 1: And we went back and forth about it at the time that any other president would be forced to come out and give an apology, would be taken to task over this, and we got to a point where used to certain things with this president that he said this, and we kind of moved on, didn't miss a beat, and then Robes earlier this week, a debate got going. People were wondering, wait a second, did he say Peggy because the reporter's name might be Peggy. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: So that was what folks are trying to do, who are coming to the defense of the president didn't want to believe that he said what he said. So yes, they actually pieced together a female reporter from Bloomberg because that was what everyone was saying. It was a female reporter from Bloomberg, and they're like, hey, there's a reporter named Margaret Collins and she goes by Peggy, so that must have been what he said.
Speaker 3: He told Margaret Collins to be quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, that could make sense Bloomberg, right, it was a Bloomberg reporter. This woman's name is Margaret, and she says in her own personal stuff she has about her a bio whatnot, goes by Peggy Peggy. So wait a minute. So then the debate erupts into what we're used to online, with the back and forth on Twitter on x from the magaside and the liberals going at it over what he said. And of course his supporters were saying, hey, dumbasses, he said Peggy because her name is Peggy.
Speaker 2: Right, But and in an effort I should say to even try and come up with another reporter. People are saying, maybe it was Peggy Noonan. When's the last time Peggy Noonan has been on Air Force one. She is an amazing journalist and columnist and analysts political She's not in the gaggle of reporters on Air Force one.
Speaker 1: I think she was the first name that people started floating, and you immediate just like your face was just then.
Speaker 2: Like come on, come on, she's the most famous Peggy journalist. I'm sure that there is. So that's why people jump to that conclusion. But when you get to a certain place in your career, you don't You're not jumping on Air Force one. So that was it was not Peggy Noonan okay, And it doesn't look as though it was Peggy Collins either.
Speaker 1: Peggy Collins No, Peggy Collins was not on the plane either, which has been at least confirmed through Bloomberg, but online at least ropes. The debate continued. Now, I thought the debate was dying down again until this morning. I'm looking and it wasn't that way when I first woke up, but then over the past hour or so, and yes, as we are recording this, Peggy is trending number one. You go in and you dig a little deeper and you see why. And I guess some people feel like they have now been validated and it's been confirmed because they got an answer from AI.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Grock is being very vocal today on X Grock says when someone said Grock, did Trump call a reporter Piggy or Peggy? Grock responds it was Peggy, referring to Bloomberg reporter Peggy Collins by name. Audio from the Exchange clearly supports this over the distorted piggy spin pushed by outlets eager to paint Trump as crude. Media bias often amplifies ambiguities to smear.
Speaker 3: Listen closely yourself. That was demonstrative. There was no room for error, There was no gray area.
Speaker 2: There was we think it might be they were actually well Grok I say they Grock not only said emphatically that it was Peggy, but then went on to smear the media for trying to smear President Trump.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a lot of people will take that as evidence. That's proof. We got it confirmed. So they took that and ran with it and looked. We know debates can get nasty online, but it just over this one. It seems crazy how much on each side people are passionate in this debate, and the side of people who think they know what they're they think they're one hundred percent right on both sides.
Speaker 2: It's bizarre because even Grox says tells and instructs folks who were reading what it had to say to go listen to the audio. Yes, we would encourage all of you listening now, if you haven't already listened to the audio, please listen for yourself. It isn't debatable. He clearly says Piggy. He does not say Peggy. And we now believe there was no one on the plane that goes by the name.
Speaker 1: Peggy, Nobody on stand, nobody, nobody in secret service. There's no on the plane. But isn't it wild how these things get going to wear in politics?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Rodes we don't even believe what we actually hear. We're all looking at and seeing and hearing the exact same thing, and for whatever reason, because of where we are, we have to fight about it. Can't we just all agree he called the woman Peggy. Okay, you can debate about whether that was okay or not. We shouldn't be debating about what he saw that. So reality gets distorted all the time.
Speaker 3: See, And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: And when AI gets involved, then it's not believed because people say, oh, the audio was distorted, they did something to the audio. No one even believes what they're hearing. They don't believe video that they're watching. And then you've got actual AI chat Bock bought things whatever you want to call them, rock, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's all very confusing to me.
Speaker 2: But now they're weighing in and they're supplying and providing misinformation. So yes, it is incredibly difficult to know whether or not to even trust what you're seeing and hearing because things can be manipulated now in so many different ways. So look, the folks who were there on the plane said they heard what they heard, so I actually would believe them, even maybe before I believe a video at this point, because things do get changed and distorted, and it's confusing.
Speaker 1: This was not an AI video that was spiced together on It was not. No, this is the gaggle. Everybody was there. Now, this back and forth has continued, but lo and behold, we do actually have robes a definitive answer about whether or not he said Piggy or Peggy. We'll get into that in just a second, but a reminder, as a part of this story, the Piggy Peggy story, this was a rough week, if you will, for female reporters covering this president. We mentioned this incident, of course, but that was brutal what we saw him do to Mary Bruce, ABC correspondent in the Oval office. He and again those two things combined, it just it highlights his treatment of the press corps and in particular women this week.
Speaker 2: Female reporters this week, Mary Bruce just we can speak to her personally and professionally, is one of the kindest, sweetest, nicest, most professional journalists I have ever worked alongside. She is not snarky, sarcastic. She doesn't approach things with an agenda. Never have seen that ever. So I do find it always so ironic when you have Trump who is clearly using bullying words and being completely disrespectful and atrocious and not acting presidential in front of cameras, in front of world leaders, and calling her out for being mean, calling her out for being disrespipt respectful. Well, he's being as disrespectful as it gets there it was, and there's zero.
Speaker 3: Respect on either side. It's just it's difficult.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to see these female reporters being treated this way in front of cameras.
Speaker 3: He does not care who hears, he does not care how it looks. He just says what he wants and says, get over it.
Speaker 1: That was a tough, uncomfortable, awkward scene. I mean, that was very, very uncomfortable how he spoke to Mary Bruce in front of the Saudi Crown Prince room full of reporters and calling her a terrible person, a terrible reporter, just saying, don't mind the question, but it's your attitude and your meanness. And this went on for a couple of minutes with her. So that was a that was an ugly scene combined with this now which I thought had died down, this Piggy Peggy thing and we had moved on. But it's not over yet. But we do folks have the answer as to whether or not he said pig or Peggy, And we're getting the answer from the White House. Stay here, you'll hear their short statement about what the President said on the plane. All right, folks, have you figured it out yet? Piggy or Peggy? What do you say? Well, everybody has something to say about this, right now, rogue, did you ever have a moment where you did pause and go, wait a minute, maybe he did say Peggy.
Speaker 2: I did for a second think, you know what if the reporter's name was Peggy who he was speaking to, maybe it slipped and maybe he and I would think maybe he made a joke about her name, or took her name and used it to make it be a negative, so it would have felt a little less.
Speaker 3: It still would have been tough, a little less. No, no, no, no, no, I take it back.
Speaker 2: It was rude and terrible, regardless of whether or not her name was Peggy or not.
Speaker 3: He clearly said peggy.
Speaker 1: Well he could have also if he's said quiet that you could have argued that still would have been a little rude. But he didn't tell the shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Fine, The whole point is piggy or peggy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Someone, of course, finally asked the White House about this, about what the president actually said. They did have a response, Robes. It was short, to the point I was shocked by it, and then I was almost embarrassed that I was surprised at all.
Speaker 2: Right, I know, so the White House said this about the incident. This reporter behaved in an inappropriate and unprofessional way towards her colleagues on the plane. If you're going to give it, you have to be able to take so confirming. He called her piggy and meant it and stands by it.
Speaker 1: Didn't push back at all about didn't give any question. Yep, she needs to be able to take with the president dishes out. And if it would have been Peggy, they would have said such a thing. That's they They found a way to justify calling a woman a pig. That is fairly incredible. But it's exactly what they did in that statement. Hey yeah, and I can love it. I hate it. This young lady hasn't come out and said anything. The actual reporter, her network, Bloomberg, they put out a statement essentially saying we're not getting involved in this. Our reporters are doing vital work and they'll continue to do so, and moved on. So they didn't amplify this.
Speaker 3: That's interesting to me.
Speaker 2: So the actual reporter's name is Catherine Lucy and obviously not anywhere close to Peggy, but I found it interesting she did not She has not spoken, she has not said anything. Bloomberg definitely tried to skirt the issue, didn't want to play into it, didn't jump on it. And I wonder our media outlets concerned about taking him on, about calling him out, about making a.
Speaker 3: A stink and saying, hey, I deserve an apology.
Speaker 2: Do they not even want to go there because they don't want to poke the bear.
Speaker 3: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I mean, I wouldn't. What's the They did probably the right thing. We have a job to do and we're going to keep doing it. They didn't take any personal shot. We don't care what comes at us. We don't care what the president called. Nope, they didn't say anything. And I keep going back that. I always remember that Michelle Obama line, when they go low, we go high. And so they took the high road in probably the safe road. By why even why why get into a fight with him, You're gonna lose it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no, I haven't heard anyone come out and call him out on this in any significant way.
Speaker 3: In fact, I was just read.
Speaker 2: I was trying to find anyone who commented on it, and there was a Republican congresswoman, Maria Elvira Salazar. Did you hear what she said about when he was When she was asked about the miss Piggie.
Speaker 3: Comment, she said that Trump.
Speaker 2: Looked picturesque as he scolded the journalist and then said, no one is perfect.
Speaker 1: So she's acknowledging what he made a mistake by calling her that.
Speaker 2: Apparently she found a way to not really say anything and to not really go to negative but acknowledging that no one is perfect.
Speaker 3: So yes, that would be.
Speaker 2: You could infer that she's saying that was a mistake. But then she called him picturesque. What it's like the Emperor has no clothes. Everyone's so afraid to say what they actually really think, including Bloomberg, including Republican women who heard what he said and can't possibly think that's an okay thing to say to a female reporter.
Speaker 1: Apparently it is okay, And I don't know what the concern should be when the White House justifies calling a woman a pig, A congresswoman right can justify it doing so. It just blurs the lines, and it gives permission to everybody else out there, yes, to do the same to people. It's okay to do it if you can justify it if they were behaving badly in your eyes. I just hate that.
Speaker 3: That's just not a lesson.
Speaker 2: I want our kids to be hearing and seeing either. Yes, the congressman went on to say. She said, I always say that I look at his policies and not his personality.
Speaker 3: So now we're just going to ignore all bad behavior.
Speaker 1: That's what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, as long as we like the policy, she can separate it.
Speaker 1: Don't care what he did over there, puts America first, wants to make America great. This is fascinating. I maybe this will finally be over and be done. But yes, the White House itself, folks, has come out and confirmed what the President said. And this entire time we have been doing this episode, Peggy is still the number one dreading topic on x SO folks. For my dear Hamy Robot K TJ. Holmes, we will be talking to Yell soon