Speaker 1: Official Jets Podcast is presented by Win Bett. Betty is a team sport bet together went Bett. Eric Gallen here joined in the studio by Jets offensive lineman Elijah Vera. Tucker Avt. Thanks for coming. What has the last week been like for you? It is Monday, last Monday, at this time, you're preparing to play the Buffalo Bills to start the season and then you just finished up.
Speaker 2: The week in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Crazy span of time in terms of emotions. I gotta imagine I gotta be a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you said, were coming in a week ago, we were playing Monday night football. Energy is very high and then unfortunate things happened in that game. You know, we came out with the dope, which is really cool. So the vibes really high going in to last week, and unfortunately, you know, we just didn't perform like we wanted to in Dallas. So credit to our team, good defense, good offense, good team as a whole. Fans showed out, so you know, we know we have to work on and we'll come in. We know we're gonna face diversity again throughout the season obviously, and it's just about everybody being on on point.
Speaker 1: Talk about the emotions going into last Monday Night and had you ever been part of pregame atmosphere like it was at Mount Life Stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, playing college ball at SC is definitely a lot of cool things that you get to experience. But I would say definitely Monday night pregame was something I'll definitely never forget, you know, with the fans showing up early, being loud, and the introductions were so cool, and then when you had number eight too and everybody just walking out of the tunnel with the flag, I mean, it doesn't get any better than that, right, And that was the loudest.
Speaker 4: I've heard Met Life in a very long time.
Speaker 3: So danger was real high and U you got to give credit to a lot of the fans even when things didn't go our way early on in the game, that they stuck through it with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you describe what was that like for you coming out of the tunnel because method Man introduced me, Yeah and the rest offensive teammates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it was really cool. So I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: Method Man was was actually introducing us until I'm running out to sit on and see him, like, oh shoots, it's methan.
Speaker 4: Man doing this.
Speaker 2: Oh you really didn't know.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know. So that was really cool and all the guys loved it. You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it just really picked up our energy going into that Monday night football game, because with late night games, you're in the hotel all day or just doing whatever you're doing all day, and then you got to come in and play football game eight eight thirty at night, right, So, uh, the energy was definitely up. Juices were flowing, and it was really cool. Like I said, something I never experienced before, and uh, the energy was was real high.
Speaker 1: So when you see Aaron go down fourth offensive snap play, yeah, what immediately goes through your mind?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would say for me and speaking for the O line or the offense in general, wash he went down, We see him looking on the field. All right, you gotta move on to the next play, right, So Zach comes in, and Zach comes in with high energy and great poise as well, and I feel like the offense kind of knew what to expect, Like, you know, obviously things are going our way right now, so let's pick our energy up, Let's get this run game going. Whatever we need to do. To win this football game. Let's get it done. And that's just basically what we did.
Speaker 2: When did you realize the significance of his injury?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I kinda could sense a not so positive vibesas feeling during the game that the game, you know, it was confirmed that it was achilles. So obviously you're out for the remainder of this season with injury like that, and that one hurts not only just thinking about, you know, the future of his team, but really just feeling for Aaron in general. You know, the season end of injuries is no no fun for anyone who you know, me personally experienced something like that.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 3: So really just reaching out to him after the game, I feel like it was really important to all of us. He seems to be doing well now, So.
Speaker 2: What kind of dude? Is he a good guy?
Speaker 1: Because you watch him from Afar, but then he joins this team in April, he's here throughout the off season and you have a relationship that others don't see. Yeah, in terms of they're watching hard knocks and picking off a little bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny because I get that question asked a lot like family, friends, or what he's.
Speaker 4: Like, what's he like like?
Speaker 3: To be honest, he's just a normal dude. You know, you just obviously a hell of a football player.
Speaker 4: We all know that.
Speaker 3: But then he comes in and I feel like one of the very first things he wants to do is build a relationship with every single guy on the team, in the facility, whatever it is. And I think that's real special because you know, not too many guys are willing to do that, and for him to come in and do that, try and build relationship with everyone, and I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened at halftime? You guys are now in thirteen to three. Most people thought you were left dead to right, but you guys came back and people pointed to, hey, some of the discussions that you guys had at the inner mission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean, honestly, it was nothing special. You know, we just come into the locker room and we know what we're doing wrong, we know we need to fix and we came in the locker room knowing we could win that game if everybody just you know, on their on their toes doing the right thing, winning their assignments within the one on one blocks. So we had high energy going to the locker room because we knew that we could beat them last Monday. So, like I said, nothing special to know who rob speech is just everybody having that feeling that you know, we can come out with this win.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Breese's perform? Guy goes down for ten for one a reception. We're gonna get to what happened in Dallas, but yeah, I just want from a calendar perspective, us to go back and say, Okay, this is what happened against the Bills and then we'll take it forward where you're at right now.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, that was wild man. Those I mean, what do you have? What do you have again?
Speaker 2: Like time for.
Speaker 4: So that's wild.
Speaker 3: So credits to Breee. He's a hell of runner. But uh, I feel like that the run game was going, you know, and uh with that gap schemes and shut out, I think it was like two of those breakaways from like good tight end blocks as well right at the edge. So credited those guys, and uh, I mean when you get when you give Breece, you know a chance, he's gonna he's gonna break it run and uh, clearly that's what he was doing last Monday night, and it was it was pretty cool to see you.
Speaker 2: Ever played with a guy like that before.
Speaker 4: He's so unique, honestly, yeah, I don't think I have.
Speaker 3: I mean just exposing if he exposedness he has out the back field is a it's pretty unique to watch. And then I mean he's pretty fast too, so that helps, right when he gets in an open space.
Speaker 1: How much do you like blocking for a guy like that because he's so shifty in no small spaces and patient at the same time, and like you said once he has a crease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I was about to say too, is like he's really patient, waiting for the perfect opportunity to hit that hole and to you know, make a break.
Speaker 4: So, uh, it's real cool.
Speaker 3: Obviously for officer line, you're always like a guy who could be able to set up the blocks in the backfield and then break for one. And he did that plenty of times last Monday night, which was very cool to see it. And it's always fun, whether it's receiver or running back, whatever it is. I may have a breakaway for about forty fifty hours as the obviously line, you get pretty excited about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went for eighty plus you guys were backed up at like the four young after that white hat interception. Okay, so Xavier Gibson your first round pick, so you don't know this life. How pumped were you for him to shine in that moment in front of the nation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a really cool experience. Man.
Speaker 3: I just remember on the sideline seeing him running down scoring. I'm thinking, like, there's no way that could have happened, right, It's got to be flag somewhere. So I'm just sitting there and then it hits me all of a sudden, like this man really just did that. And you know, credits to special teams get and all that, but it's really cool, exciting, you know, for Xavier. For a guy to come in day one, works his tails off or works his tail off and you could always just he's grinding in the playbook every day this and asking, you know, a lot of questions, always doing the right thing. Really, so for him to get that spotlight Monday night football, I mean, what more could you ask for?
Speaker 4: And he definitely deserved it.
Speaker 2: Storybook I need, So that was week one.
Speaker 1: This is a seventeen chapter book though, yea, indeed it is. So what happened in Dallas. Jets fans obviously upset disappointed this morning. You're disappointed, but you got to turn the page. Yeah, from your dvantage point, what happened in Dallas because you guys got behind the eight ball early and then never could kind of get that momentum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think, you know, for offense in a whole, we just never got into rhythm. You know, I think our game plan was was coming in. We knew how, we knew we had to run the ball. We knew we had to run it well, and unfortunately, you know, we didn't. Like I said, we just couldn't really get into the rhythm and were forced to, you know, be throwing the ball pretty much all second half. And uh, I mean it is turning into the passing league. But the end of the day, you gotta be able to run the ball, and like I said, we just weren't able to get it going. So credit to their defense, you know they did. They did a good job of shutting it down early. And that's that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It's just that's all I could say about it. So we couldn't get into the rhythm, and yeah, so now we gotta gotta put the page and move on to a big game this week, Patriots at home.
Speaker 4: We all know what type of game that is. We all know what's going to be a dogfight.
Speaker 3: So everybody in the building is isn't happy about you know, last night or yesterday's game. But uh, we had to come in and fix those corrections and make sure, you know, we turn the page.
Speaker 1: How good is Parsons because this guy lines up all over the place and moves around and he's so explosive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's a it's a good Eleven is a good player. Definitely.
Speaker 3: Uh we seen it yesterday on the field. I mean we've seen it for the past two years now. Uh say, credit to him, he's definitely. I would say that the leader of that defense I wanted to get them going, makes a big plays for him, and yesterday he was all over the field, So getting credit to him in their defense. But yeah, I mean, good player. You know, we had our good plays against him, he had our good He had his good plays against us. So that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: It seemed like you guys situationally weren't in I guess traditional first and tense situations like a lot of the time that you will facing. Okay, you gotta definicit right out of the gate. Yeah, they get the lead, they take the ball, go right down the field.
Speaker 2: It's seven to nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that fake punt early in the first quarter, that a nine yard run from Breese. I just thought this was a microcosm of how it went offensively. Nine yards on first down, and then second and one can't convert, third and one can't convert, and then before you know it, you got a punt away and third down was a problem all game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what I'm saying about earlier when you asked me the questions, like we couldn't just get into the rhythm. I don't know what it was looking at the tape, you know, it was either we were one block away or or we were just shooting ourselves in the foot, you know. And that happened pretty early on in the game. And then once that happens, once you don't come out fast, you know, especially in this league, it's hard. It's hard to I guess, get the energy back or pick it up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, we just didn't come out.
Speaker 1: You were close though, because Garrett Garrett score. They were dominated line. But then it's ten to seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing, Like we were, you know, we were very close, and our defense, you know, we didn't obviously put him in the best situation, so you know, our defense was able to keep us in the game for a little bit. But yeah, it's just right when we got closed, then just started to slip away again. And uh, like I said, that's something that we got to look at and figure out why, you know it whether it's you know, one block away or shooting ourselves in the foot or or miscommunication whatever it is. You know, so we got to take all that and turn the page, move on to Patriots and figure out the best way, you know, to get this win.
Speaker 1: There were two plays there in that first half where you guys almost had a lead on the sauce Sauce drops of route on the sideline for ceedee lamb. Yeah, he catches that ball, he's probably making a call and you guys have a lead. And then they're at that of the half. What did you see Because Zach makes enough a few nice plays with his legs and then he's got Garrett open in the end zone it and somebody just gets his hand on the ball. Otherwise that's probably a touchdown. It's a four point game at the half.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: That's another thing too, Right, It's like we go into your two minute drive and then and half you know we're moving. The ball is actually do in a real good job in the pocket making plays with his legs. Old line is you know, holding up, you know, with protection pretty well. And then it's just like that one play where Garrett's open and then someone you know gets to that that slightest bit of his hand that kind of throws out the throw. It's those plays that I'm talking about. It's you know, you never know what play it's gonna be, so technique always has to be there.
Speaker 4: You always got to be sound with that.
Speaker 3: And that's just one of those plays where it just didn't work out for us. Like I said, where one guy is you know, unblocked for a split second.
Speaker 2: What was it like in the locker room after the game?
Speaker 4: The the energy was I said, energy was low.
Speaker 3: It's always gonna be low after after a loss, right, especially one like that where we know we're we're going in there and with high energy and then we just come out knowing that we beat ourselves. Right, Like I said, credit to them, they're a good team, but we did a lot of things to ourselves that we could have prevented. Right, So you go in knowing something like that, or you go into the locker room with the end of game knowing something like that. It's just one of those, you know, weird goody feelings that if we were just if we just did this and we just came out, you know, like this, and we just didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, like I said, you know, it'd be a different outcome. But you know, we happed on a plane, came in this morning, watched all the film. Know we have to correct and like you said, it's a long season, right, Yeah, So thank god for that.
Speaker 5: Jets fans. We're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Win Bet is giving you a golden op opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three season. The win Bet Green Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium, with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers. All you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win bets sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win bets the sports book. The best part, you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: What about the continuity upfront? You guys hadn't played a snap together, you five starters before Buffalo. Isn't there a reason to think that, Hey, over time, this thing is gonna look a lot different upfront? I mean, obviously you had your struggles against the Cowboys, but you had a lot of success I should say against the Bills, especially on the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say with that for offical line, you didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you really gotta gel well with each other, right, And I feel like we were definitely doing that each week where or each day we practice, we're taking another step, you know, to improving. So just the more reps you get, you know, the better off we're gonna be. But I think, you know, people would look at you know, grades and stuff like that all over Twitter, and I don't really think that translates.
Speaker 2: To do pay attention to that stuff yourself.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't, because I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was like it's hard for you to to really know what's going on unless you in the think of it, right, So when you look at all these grades like it's gonna show you something, and then people just kind of run with that, right, But you don't really know what's going on in the room. And we really tape, you know, I don't want to say it wasn't it wasn't bad, but there's definitely some things we could work on. But there's also some things that you look at where we're like, okay, yeah, we got this right, Like we know what type of unit we can be. So we're coming in today knowing that, you know, knowing that there's a lot to improve on, but there's also a lot to look at that we could build off on and go from there.
Speaker 1: How do you feel physically? We went down in week seven the torn try steps you work your way back. You were here throughout the spring, but after two games now back in the lineup where.
Speaker 4: You at, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling real confident.
Speaker 3: You know, in my play always some things you can work on after the game, right, we all know that, But you know, physically I'm feeling good. Mentally, I'm feeling great. And I would say my conditioning is a good thing too. That's something I was a little worried about, you know, not playing in a lot of those games last year after going down in Week seven. But I'm feeling good, you know. And my dog over there to right tackle Makai. He's a he's doing a really good job right now too, So credit him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much do you credit him for what he did this offseason coming back at three fifties, say, he's your dog. A lot of people when you were drafted, we're thinking, okay, Mackay comes in. You guys are gonna be on the left hand side together, But now you guys over there on the right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's crazy how life works, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking about the other day, like, you know, I got drafted and we were supposed to be on the left side to get it, and unfortunate things happened with injuries, and then two years later, you know, we're both on the right side looking to make some great plays with each other. I mean, that's just how life works, right, kind of comes full circle and going back to Mkay, I mean, away from the game for two years unfortunately with injuries, and then comes back off season, gets in shape, doing all the right things, you know, to protect himself his body whatever it is, and comes out in the games and kind of does this thing right and each week improving on the little things. And that's definitely what he's been doing.
Speaker 4: So credit.
Speaker 1: How painful is the torn rides ups that you sustained against Denver, then you know you got that's got to be an injury, you know immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was hoping right because I never had that. I mean I had pulled a hamshing before, but I never had anything with upper body issues. So, you know, I just a normal punch, just like any other punch I've done, you know, my career, than some odd reason, you know, weird free accident. You know, my tricept just pools or whatever whatever it is.
Speaker 4: So it definitely hurt. I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: I thought i'd be out, you know, probably three four weeks really at most. Yeah, I mean, because I just didn't know what it was. I didn't know it had completely been torn off. So that was tough news. On Monday after the Monday after the game, getting the mry and them telling me I'm out for the season. You know it's real tough mentally, but you know, I got through it, came in, got my rehabit, and.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling strong this year.
Speaker 2: What was rehab like a lot of hours.
Speaker 3: In the facility when nobody else is here during the off season, So you know, I got a crab out here, you know, living my wife and stuff. Coming in here every day for about three or four hours, you know, get the rehab in, maybe a little lower body lift, you know, when I could do that. And it's a lot of hours man too. And surgery is obviously no fun for every for anyone. No one ever talks about that too. But yeah, the surgery, I like doing all that.
Speaker 1: No, I know, how long does it take you to put weight back on, because you're saying, like I come in and I'm get my lift in and doing the lower body stuff. But you're a big dude like you has got to lose some weight after surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like after even after the season, like two weeks of not doing anything, I just feel I feel weird.
Speaker 4: I feel like I need to move my body around.
Speaker 3: So getting surgery was definitely weird because I can't do anything for at least two or three weeks, right, because I can't really sweat, So that was that was tough on me. But definitely have to change my whole diet for that. You know, I just can't eat like a like a regular obviously Limanwood, you know, someone who works out every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was definitely different.
Speaker 3: You know, of course had my cheap days, but yeah, it's when you get like an injury like that, you know, you have to prepare for surgery and then for the whole playing for the whole off season. It's a lot, right, So well, luckily I had a good uh, we have a good training staff here who kind of walking through everything and got me.
Speaker 1: Right, why are you so open to doing whatever anybody asks of you? I mean, because not all players are like that, Like I'm really comfortable at guard, or I'm really comfortable at tackle. Last year, case in point, Hey listen, we'll switch you over to left tackle. Ope, we'll switch you over to right tackle. Even this off season, as you were asked multiple times by the media, hey where do you want to be? And you say, well, I think I think my past fit is guard, but I'll do whatever they asked me to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that's just me having the confidence of myself. Uh, you know, be able to tell myself I can I can't play anyone on the line.
Speaker 4: That's just me.
Speaker 3: Then the other part is just me being you know, a team guy, doing whatever the doing whatever I can for the team, whatever's best. So, like you said, like an off season asking me, it's like, you know, I like guard, but you know, if they need you to play somewhere else, you know, I'll do that, you know, because that has a confidence of myself to do that, and I know the guys around me on the office line are can to help me to do that as well. So also with that a lot of support from the guys. And uh, I mean going you know back to last year, that was kind of crazy coming in and then I'm playing left tackle and right tackle, so I had to adjust to, you know, certain things and playing with good players.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that was a that was a cool experience. That's something I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: And you know, hopefully it doesn't happen again because of injuries or anything like that, you know, but if it does, you know, I'll be ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when Lincoln Thalinson signed here, this is what and Initially you were moved because he started as a left guard and they said, hey, you mind moving the right guard, and yeah, I'm good with that now.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was funny too because he they signed in my scene he's left guard coming from a San Francisco.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, you know, let's see what happens. Coach calls me, asked.
Speaker 3: Me, uh, you know what the deal is, and I'm like, look, I'm like, if he likes playing left guard, you know I have some experience at right guard.
Speaker 4: I'm cool with playing right guard. You know.
Speaker 3: You just gotta give me time to prepare for you a little bit. Ohta, So I said, that's pretty much. My only request was just tell me early you know what the plan is, and then we'll roll with it.
Speaker 2: What's it like for you now?
Speaker 1: A new offensive system, Nathaniel Hackett, you have a new line coach and Keith Carter. I think people probably thought Aaron coming in knows the system. You guys got to pick it up that maybe you get off to a faster start. Now you got Aaron out, you got Zach back in the lineup, but he's learning the system him as well. But for you specifically, what's been like the change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the change, I would say it's it's been. It's been pretty fluid right from the start of the OTAs. I think Hackett.
Speaker 4: Uh. One, I think he's a good office coordinator.
Speaker 3: Two, I think he's a cool, funny guy, which not many people may know, but dude's actually hilarious and he makes those opposite meetings fun and and uh just makes you feel, I don't know, more relaxed or whatever you want to call it. And then you know Key Carter as well, coming from Tennessee with a good running game coming in, I think he really knows how to coach will and knows a good scheme as well. He's come in and I like him. You know, he's a real physical all that or brings a real physical mentality to the office line play. But sometimes you don't see anymore. So I think both those guys, Hackett and coach Carter do a real good job together.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're seeing you all over the nation right now in commercials. It is Hispanic Heritage Month, it is Latino Heritage Month. Can you talk about how the league reached out to you and what you're doing right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was really cool last year.
Speaker 3: I think that's when they're putting the flags on the helmet, right, which I thought was really cool. I think it's always cool, do you when you get to represent Yeah, when you have an opportunity to represent your culture.
Speaker 4: Right. And then this off season.
Speaker 3: NFL Mexico kind of you know, hits me in the family of say, hey, we want to we know your hair or your background. We kind of want to get you out here and do something right and trot to Mexico City. And why would I turn something like that down. Be able to go back out there and having out there in a very long time, which is really cool to be back out there and just be able to kind of tell my story a little bit more, you know, the people was real cool opportunity for me as well. So me and if we had a lot of we had a good time out there.
Speaker 1: What do you tell kids when you were in Mexico about your background, your story and how you grew up and now where you're at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's a I'd say it's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up obviously, I'm like half black and half Mexican, you know, growing up talking about my Mexican side, you know, just the kind of traditions we have, you know, in the Mexican marriage, it's real fun. Uh, And being able to go to Mexico, you know, every other summer is really it was a real cool opportunity to see our family out there as well, and just kind of I don't know, like it's just it's kind of hard to explain, right unless you you've done it before, I guess, But the opportunity to go out there and tell my story, you know, to younger kids was a real cool one.
Speaker 4: And I just had a lot of fun out there with the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're an Oakland kid.
Speaker 1: But you said every other summer or every summer you'd be in Mexico and whose side of the family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every other summer, so yeah, I'd be with my mom and my dad as well and my two little sisters. So we go out to We have family in San Luisa, Potosi, so we'd go out there, and then we go to like, you know, Coudonovaca as well. At the time, we go to like Uncle Pulco. So it was a real cool place to visit in Mexico. But like going back and looking at it now, it's definitely something I'm grateful for because each time we went out there, I got to experience, you know, my culture.
Speaker 4: And my hearts just a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And uh, like I said, I was able to do that again as well this past summer, so it.
Speaker 4: Was really cool.
Speaker 2: How much time do you spend there this summer?
Speaker 3: It was a real quick trip, really yeah, real quick business trip. So we went out there, did some filming for the commercial right and then so we had a little day off after and then I was out there with my pops and my brother met our uncle out there as well, and we went to the Pyramids, like an hour out of the city from Mexico City, which is really cool. And that was like my second time being there, so it was cool, you know, taking kind of before and after pictures, you know, when I was younger and being back out there.
Speaker 1: What have you thought of the commercial and the response you've gotten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a I think it's really cool, you know, especially those other guys being able to to share their culture as well. But Mexico they have a pretty big fan base, I would say for the NFL, you know, they a lot of fans like the Raiders. I was a Raiders fan growing up as well. And the Niners Steelers have a good fan base as well, so.
Speaker 4: It was really cool.
Speaker 3: And then going out there too, it's like people are recognizing me or recognizing me as well because they already knew right then, I'm a you know, playing in the NFL. So that was really cool, real cool experience for me and my family as well. And that's just something you know, I just will never take granted.
Speaker 1: For Are you sad about what's happened to the Oakland sports teams? You're gonna be playing the Raiders, You're going to Vegas this year. I mean that's a cool stadium setup, but sounds like the athletics are moving as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, it's tough.
Speaker 3: So you got the I don't know, was the maybe the Warriors left first, I don't remember, but the Warriors leaving San Francisco, I mean that's just right across town over the bridge, but you know, still kind of hurts. And then you got the Raiders. You know, in Oakland for so long, you know, going to those games growing up is really cool, and now that in Vegas, which hurts. So you know, I'm still a Raiders fan. You know, I'm not gonna switch up, you know, unless we play him, then you know I won't be out bins, right. Yeah, but yeah, that was tough when they moved on and then the A's I guess they trying to get out now too, going to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I has more opportunity out there. So what you're saying.
Speaker 1: All right, what can you say about the rivalry between the Jets and the Patriots. Here's week three, when your seventeen game journey here, and it's spend a while since this team, well before you came on board, beating this team.
Speaker 2: In the regular season, the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so being here for three years now, we haven't beaten the Patriots, right, we all know that. And also being here for three years, you kind of pick up on the rivalry between these two teams, and it's a big one between the two teams, the fans, whatever it is. So coming into this week, we know what type of game it's gonna be. We know it's gonna be dog white. We know we're gonna have fun with it. We know we gotta come out strong, high energy, and get the ball moving early on. And these are the games you look forward to, right, these games where it's a little it means a little more than just you know, a game. This is divisional game probably with that Patriots versus Jets, you know, so you got to come in with that mindset.
Speaker 1: Did you watch any of the game on the way home last night, Dolphins?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have you dove into any Patriots tape already?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I actually did just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Nothing crazy, right, you know, still thinking about the last game we just played. But yeah, those are two good teams that were going at it. And you can never sleep, you know, anyone in this division, right, they always come out swinging.
Speaker 4: And we got good teams in the division as well.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a fun game on Sunday versus Patriots, and we know what type of energy they're going to come out with, and we got to come out you know.
Speaker 4: Leave more.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your time as always, Thank you appreciate it.