Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bingals Ring of Fame, Arnoi the pro Bowler, All Pro. That's Chad O Cho Senko Johnson, and we have a very special guest joining us tonight from Grand Valley State.
Speaker 3: Four time Pro Bowl pro.
Speaker 1: Bowler Baltimore Raven New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons. He's currently a free agent, Matthew Judan. Matt, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: We'll get to you in just a second. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your support, and you'll continue support because thanks to.
Speaker 2: You, Ocho and I are able to do what we do Nightcap.
Speaker 1: All the wars that we've won, all the wars that we've been nominated for, is because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. And we can't personally thank you enough. So thank you again for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you go check out Shade by Lapotier. We do have it and start tonight. And if you're in Atlanta, go buy and check out Seersuckers and sun Dresses. We have a booth there, My team is there and you'll get an opportunity to sample it. If you're in Atlanta. The Seersucker in Sundress event is going on right now that I think they have something going on again tomorrow. But if you can't find Shade by Lapotier in a city or a state near you, order it online. But best believe we are coming to a city in a state near you in the very near future. It is the best taste in premium vsop Cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drank responsibly and stay safe. Go go follow my media company page all of this platform Shay Shped Media Shay Shp Media at my Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out UH.
Speaker 2: The Lincolns pen in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last.
Speaker 5: UH.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned at the top of the show. We have Matthew Judon joining us tonight. Matthew, as I spoke at the top, that you are free currently a free agent right now, So what is what are the next steps? What is what is in the future for Matthew Judon.
Speaker 5: Coming to Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: But go ahead?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, shoot, if I came to Cincinnati, man, what they gonna do? They gotta they gotta get a trade, right don't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey yeah?
Speaker 4: So uh but right now I'm chilling. You know how to uh you know how to lead go h not for long? Uh, you know, I have fun and so right now I'm just chilling. So if I if I get a call, I'm working out. I'm doing everything I need to do to be in shape and ready for camp or a call any day. But uh, you know, a lot a lot of stuff not up to me. So I'm doing what I can do.
Speaker 5: Well, let listen. Now I'm gonna say listen, I don't watch you over he is I know what you could do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The product on yourself, your resumes speaks for itself. You're going to get that call.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Most of the time when we at this point in your career and then you're waiting do you have a preferred destination or would you would you would you just want to play football? Or do you would you rather go to a contender?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: After last year, I just want to play football.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, I just want to want to just get back out there and be able to beat me, do me and so uh, you know, keep going forward, rushing the passer, Uh, things like that. But uh, you know everybody always have a preferred destination when you kind of get uh at this stage in your life, you know, you want to win games.
Speaker 3: You don't want to just go out there to compete. Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not really building a resume no more. I'm trying to win the championship. I want to compete at the highest level.
Speaker 1: You think about it, Matthew, are like you said, you're waiting for that call. But what if that how long are you willing to wait? Are you willing to go with a couple of games a week, a month into the season before you receive that call? Somebody get injured? Obviously, if somebody gets Dean or Nick in training camp, that call might come sooner than later.
Speaker 2: But how long are you willing to wait for that call?
Speaker 4: Uh? You know, you just wait. You know how, I'm not retired. I don't feel like I'm retire anytime soon. So right now I'm just waiting. So if it's if it's you know, week fifteen, week sixteen of the.
Speaker 3: Season, you know I'll be ready.
Speaker 4: I'm always gonna work out, you know, I'm always gonna I find you something to do different every year. So right now I'm big into Pilate's and then I got a roll bike that would be right.
Speaker 3: So I'm never going to be not in shape. But you know how it is with football.
Speaker 2: You know you got a shape. Being in shape different.
Speaker 4: You gotta get your body conditioned and take it hits getting back up the bruising h So you know I won't never get that condition.
Speaker 3: You only can get it in football.
Speaker 4: So right, I mean, whenever they Call'm be ready whenever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I always like and I always find interesting is ask some players that are not towards the end of their career, but but obviously in a situations like this where you're actually wait on the call to come, and do you have any other passions of hobbies that you're really enthusiastic about that if I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking, if that call then come, you know, finally I can go into that second stage of life and focus on whatever said hobby or dream it is yours outside.
Speaker 4: Of Oh you know, I really uh like I said, I really stay working out out kind of mostly through my whole career.
Speaker 3: And uh and I never wanted.
Speaker 4: To be gone for too long because I'd be like, I'm always thinking like I gotta be ready in shape. But if I do, if I don't get that call, and you know, uh, it ain't it ain't for me.
Speaker 3: It's not ridding the cars. I'm gonna trap.
Speaker 4: I'm getting up out the I'm getting up out the US. I'm going to I'm going to see some different things.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Earlier this summer, I went to South Africa. Uh that man, it was nice.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. Uh and you know I'm I'm into nature. Uh and heights.
Speaker 4: So we hiked, uh me and one of my best friends from high school we hiked Cabletop Mountain and so, uh, you know, I'm gonna start doing.
Speaker 3: That and I'm gonna start doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then did you go on a safari? Did you did go to the Arunga Mountains? I mean, did you do anything like see anything? Big five?
Speaker 4: So so I gotta I gotta video, all right, okay, And the Safari man was kind of he was playing, but I got a video and he talking about the elephants as they walking in because we was on a little reserve where they keep the elephants in closed but they free is huge and the elephant walking right towards me. I'm talking about, if this man don't move a vehicle, I'm about to get stepped on.
Speaker 3: And so we're just right there and he.
Speaker 4: Not with the vehicle off, He not moving the vehicle, and at the last minute.
Speaker 3: Like he turned it on and moved. But I got I got.
Speaker 4: A video, like I had to get ab out of there, like I'm running from an elephant.
Speaker 3: I'm about to get stepped on.
Speaker 4: But you know, just just seeing just seeing that type of stuff and it's upcoast in person. Ye man, like the world beautiful in the nature, all that stuff. And so I like to do that more. And then y'all got four kids to just traveling with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just see to see those animals in their natural habitat, not even an enclosure like at the zoo, but to see them in their natural habitat and to see how they interact with the other animals. Obviously, it's a prey, it's a it's a prey and a predator environment.
Speaker 2: So it's all about survival and that's all. It's about them. The Serengetti.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you this, mate, you have a very Look, you started out with the Ravens, then you go to the Patriots, and then you go to Atlanta. If you don't mind share, because you, I mean, not a whole lot of people get an opportunity to play for the Ravens, you know, play for Ravens and the Patriots, and we know how you know, a lot of times it came down in the playoffs. They kicked the Patriots out of the playoff, Patriots kicked the Ravens out of the playoffs, and they end up in and and and Atlanta. Can you give a little insight to the differences in the and the culture and and and and what's going on, like say, from Baltimore to New England and then Atlanta when you had raheem Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 4: I mean I think I think I was blessed to play with three different great coaches and they all different in their own ways, and I think the more relaxed and uh down the earth coach was a rock and uh, you know, h I felt like I was able to talk to him and connect with him on a different level because I'm I'm a veteran in this and kind of just how how we talk and how we talked as men and so uh, that was that was different. But uh going to the Patriots locker room, uh and playing alongside Devin and High Tower and you know, Kylevin Know and Jamie Collins and and just people like that. You know, I didn't get the time, so I was in the post Tom Verdier.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But you see how those those kind of players that played with him or played in that regime, how they worked ethics was different than so many other people. And not saying that I ain't played with like good players at Baltimore, but just those type of players.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I learned a lot a lot from them, And then I also learned a lot from uh like Matt Slater.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all ever man, he was there.
Speaker 5: Slate was there when I was there.
Speaker 4: Man, Slave Slate been there. He a cornerstone of that franchise. And people like that and how how they prepare, how they work, and how they keep their bodies right. Uh. They they there from almost before the sun rise until the sun set, and and then and then when you see them with their families and so uh, it was just amazing to see something like that. And and I know that the younger players that came through there, they learned so much much from Bill, but they learned so much more from the culture of the locker.
Speaker 3: Room and how the locker room was ran and how and how like.
Speaker 4: The Bill didn't have to keep the ship tight because everybody else in front of you was.
Speaker 3: And uh. But then and then playing what under uh Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, he kept he kept young, He kept young coaches around him because he know, I think he knew that he wasn't never gonna connect with the players like the younger coaches. But but him just asked like getting in front of the meeting and just kind of his mannerisms and you know, his kind of jokes and and how he was and his knowledge of I mean, I mean, I think I think he know everything about everything like you you asked him about.
Speaker 3: I mean, he might know he.
Speaker 4: Know a little more about the game than we do, like the girls than we do. He pull in, He pull in whatever he wants. So so uh so Bill like like he he know everything about everything and he and on Monday, he gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You how the game go. He how the how the game don't go for Sunday.
Speaker 4: Uh, and then he gonna he gonna stripped it out all week and then uh and then you know, after win, loser, draw, he gonna have the same mentality.
Speaker 3: So I really respected that from him. And then uh, the Ravens.
Speaker 4: Like I was a baby, I was, uh you know, I got I got trained, I got trained by Terrell Sugz.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, you know I got to I got to play with Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Crabtree. Uh, you know some guys that you know I just watched growing up, watched getting into the game.
Speaker 3: I got to.
Speaker 4: I got to play with Darious Web And then I still I still got friends, uh like like true genuine friends. We talk every day from from that team and so uh so it was just different. It was just different. It's different at different stages of my career, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: At one point in time, you know, I never made plays in the NFL. Then one point and then at the next the next stage, you know, you know, they like I have to make plays. I'm getting paid. I got paid to make plays. And then uh then I went through a trade and see period, I got traded. You know, they traded me on my birthday too, like kind of crazy, but uh yeah, so uh but I traded and then coming into a locker room trying to trying to see, like how you fit in where they see you as in the last year of my contract.
Speaker 3: So you like you're like ship is y'all gonna.
Speaker 2: Keep me around?
Speaker 3: Pay me? Uh? But you know, it was just different parts of the locker room.
Speaker 4: And then I think I got to play, like with one of the greatest quarterbacks that's ever gonna I'm gonna play Lamar like I never I never say nothing bad about he, Like like, uh, anytime I speak about him, it's gonna be highly Uh.
Speaker 3: I think he know that. But oh when it when it comes down to it, I think, uh he gonna be one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Are you do you wish the situation had played out differently the way the situation ended in New England? Do you do you look back and said you could have done something differently, handle it differently. They could have handled it differently. What would you if you could go back now, knowing what you know now, what would you like to read?
Speaker 2: What would you like to redo? What would the redo be? What would the doe?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know it. I ain't know.
Speaker 3: I ain't really know big Redo peep person.
Speaker 4: But I do play stuff back in my mind though, like you know, like like do I do I have to say this? Like it was it wasn't necessary, but I feel like in a moment, man, we're human, like, uh, if somebody, if somebody, I treat you like that, like it ain't never gonna go. It ain't never gonna go. Overwhelmed with me like I go, I gotta say something. I gotta say something. So that's just me. But uh, I would have made sure I never left New England. I would have made sure I never left Boston. Uh, the connections in Boston like uh, I don't think it's I don't think it's no other place like you know, uh, from the Bruins to the Celtic to the rest like like like I know players from each team you know, and uh, and we cordial. It's it's not like no big ups or nothing, and and we cordial and just uh from the people down on Newberry Street to the restaurants.
Speaker 3: Like when you when you down there and you're you in it like.
Speaker 4: You you uh, you the musician, you, the you, the you know, the the.
Speaker 3: Demand, the demand a high school.
Speaker 4: That Like that's how I feel like when you in Boston playing well and you're a part of the New England.
Speaker 2: Like when you're a.
Speaker 4: Part of that, like it's not nowhere you can't go that you want you to feel like I ain't supposed to be here. Everything welcome and everything open, So I would I would have made sure I never left the building.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this NFL news, guys. The Stealers have found their starting quarterback. Aaron Rodgers put pen the paper on a one year deal. He signed a one year thirteen point six five million dollars of passing the physical at the team facility on Saturday. Sources told Adam Schefter the deals include ten million guaranteed and with incentives, can reach nineteen point five million. Oh Joe, let's go to you. What do you think? What do you What are your expectations from Rodgers and what will he give the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, he would he give the Stealers. You give the Steelers hope, you give the Steelers organization, you give the Steelers fans. He gives him hope. You look at the AFC North, It's dominated by Lamar Jackson Joe Burrow, and I'm not sure what the Cleveland situation is going to look like. But flack O obviously has has inside tracked and starting, yeah, inside track, because he's been in the AFC nor before being in Baltimore and then having success in Cleveland when he when he came in to start for Deshaun Watson when he got hurt. So Aaron Rodgers is better than everything that the Steelers have outside of him at the quarterback position. And that's no disrespect to them. That's no disrespect to Mason Rudolph and whoever else they have there they have at the Helm. But Aaron Rodgers, if he can show glimpses, just glimpses of what he was once in the past, I think they would be okay. They have enough pizzas around him, obviously. DK Metcalf, I'm not sure who the who the who the running back is.
Speaker 2: They got Austin and they got Robert Woods.
Speaker 5: Robert Woods is there, he has he has a nice supporting cast around him, and you need the support and cast to be on point to make it job easier. Because Aaron Rodgers is not in the position again to elevate those around him. He going to need to help from those he's surrounded by.
Speaker 2: What do you think you done? What you think about this deal? You like? You like it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I think uh. I think the stealers are like they are there. They get hurt from the greatness of Mike tom Mike Tomlan always gonna have them in contention, so they can't go and form a quarterback from the draft. So I think this they I think this is their best pick. Like there's nobody else out there. Uh listen, there's nobody else unless you want to make a trade, but nobody really trading no good quarterback like that. And so uh if Aaron Rodgers had come in and complete passes and be good in the locker room and do enough, they gonna be in the playoffs again because just how Mike Thomlins had that physical defau Yeah, you're always gonna have a great pass rush with with Cam and TJ like, so it's gonna it's gonna be hard for them to be bad.
Speaker 3: They just can't mess it up on offense.
Speaker 1: The team announced that Rogers will wear the number eight. He wore the same number in New York after wearing twelve.
Speaker 3: In Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Cherry Bradshaw wore number twelve, and though it's not officially retired, the team doesn't typically give out that number. I think Joe Green seventy five. I think Ernie Stoutner seventy. I think though, I think it's like three numbers that are officially officially retired.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they've they've given out like thirty two.
Speaker 1: Whatever the number that is another number that I don't think they've given out fifty eight, forty seven like Lamb mal Blunt. But they are certain, you know, obviously from that Steel Curtain era in which they won force some Bowl in six years, some of those guys have numbers, and even though they're not officially retired, I don't think it's worn those numbers since. But I know I think Joe Green, yep, Frank o'harris okay, Ernie Stoutner de tackle his numbers retired seventy Joe Green seventy five, Frank o'harris thirty two. Numbers not officially retired but not reissued, Terry Bradshaw's twelve, Troy Polamalu forty three, Jack Lambert's fifty eight, Jack Ham fifty nine, DERMONDI. Dawson's sixty three, and number eighty six Hines Ward.
Speaker 5: M Well eighty six retired.
Speaker 1: It's not retired, but they haven't reissued it as well.
Speaker 5: You know, you know also you know Aaron Ward eight it at New York, but you know he was eight at Colt. Yeah, cally Well he was eight. So hopefully you can get some of that, some of that that that cal Berkeley magic back in the system. Tho they help those stealers out because listen, if.
Speaker 1: That's a very tough division at the top. Yes, yeah, you got the great in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah. If he doesn't play well, If he doesn't play well, you know, players get coaches fired. Man and Tomin could be on the hot seat for making Obviously he had he had him wait, he had the whole organizations waiting he's coming. And obviously he signed because they got Mini camp coming up very soon. Manator for Mini Camp and he wants to be a part of that, which is also a good thing. That's a good sign. That lets that lets me know that he's buying it as opposed to what he did last season out there in New York. So that's a good thing. But I think that they have a bad season. Think you think, Mike Tomlin on hot seat?
Speaker 2: No excuse me? Did you signed an extension? That don't matter?
Speaker 5: What that mean?
Speaker 3: They pay that all every year.
Speaker 1: Listen, they were they was already talking about it last year. Bro ste Steelers haven't fired the coach in sixty nine. I was born in sixteen. Im about to be fifty seven, So they haven't fired the coach in fifty six years. And you just said Judi and the man hadn't had a losing.
Speaker 3: He never gonna have a losing season.
Speaker 4: He trained him so well, they played so hard for Mike Thomas, He's never gonna have a losing season.
Speaker 5: That's enough. That's enough, just having just having this year.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think it's enough because he the one that said the standard is the standard. Well, if the standard is getting to and competing for Super Bowl, they ain't competed for a Super Bowl a long time that nobody thought, even though they make the playoffs, oldest man, the Steelers aren't threat. When was the last time that someone thought that Steelers would be a threat in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: But when they had Parla malo, when they had Ike Taylor.
Speaker 1: Man Parla Malu retired. He in the Hall of Fame. So he had to wait at least five years to get into the hall. So we thought about the least at the bare minimum five.
Speaker 5: Were you you asked when that's that's ass Winton, when they had to wait, when their identity was their defense.
Speaker 3: They hadn't been a serious threat since being But but do you mean that mean change? Does that mean change? We ain't been.
Speaker 4: A serious stat or or we have been so consistent that we just haven't got the right players, and they haven't. They haven't had a quarterback that's there since being here?
Speaker 3: Whose part is that there's consistence.
Speaker 1: They had an opportunity they kill it you and they had been Roethlisberger, and they thought Bread was gonna pay play like Tom Brady. You know he wasn't because he's been involved in too many crashes. He's taking too much punishment. So what you do is that what good teams do. What did Kansas City do draft the quarterback and they still had one on the roster. What did Baltimore do when they had Joe Flacco? You were there, they drafted a quarterback? You see what good team? What did Green Bay do? Draft the quarterback? What the Green Bay do with Aaron Rodgers? Draft the quarterback? You see what everybody does? You don't wait. If you wait to your car break down side the road, it's too late. You're already spraying it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, but it's that my fault.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you'll think might got no sake.
Speaker 4: If he say get us a quarterback, get us a quarterback, Please, get us a quarterback, and they don't get us a quarterback.
Speaker 3: And how y'all gonna get mad at me?
Speaker 1: You know, you give Mike all that, you give all that my credits say, he never gonna have he never gonna have him in a losing situation. So who drafting those players? The dream of Mike Tomblin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we don't know what go on in the war room, but you can't you can't just say, well, that's Mike Tomland, Mike tom won a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Matt hold On Joe Matthew, You mean to tell me a man that's been there, damn there twenty years?
Speaker 2: He ain't got no fake.
Speaker 3: How long the Jim been there?
Speaker 2: Not not as long as Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 4: I ain't never heard of still as fined no gym or getting a new gym.
Speaker 2: And I heard him. I tell you what you ever heard of him? Fired the coach exactly.
Speaker 1: So my thing is, when you're there that long, you have some say you have some sale free the fifty three, you have some saying free agency, and you that how long Mike Tomlin been there? My coach, Kyle retired in two two thousand, they won the Super Bowl in five. He came back in six, so he retired in seven. He's been there in nineteen years. You not. There's no coach that's been anywhere for nineteen years that does not have safe I refuse to believe that.
Speaker 5: I don't know who hold on hold on, Jude, I don't. I don't even think it's about saying I'm thinking about the relationship that Ben Roethlisberger might have had with upper management.
Speaker 2: With those great relationship with Mike Tomlin too.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no no no no no, no, no, no, Because if Mike Thomlin, Mike Tomin was the head coach, He's been in the NFL for a very long time. Mike COmON knows at some point, I'm going to have to find your successor. At some point. You look at you, you look at the landscape of the league. Those that didn't do it, Look what's happening now do.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 5: That's why, that's why I think that the calling was above Mike Tomlin's pay grade.
Speaker 2: I just agree.
Speaker 4: I know, yo, a, your starring court back, your franchise quarterback, is getting paid more than the coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, the relationships.
Speaker 4: Might be a little stronger than the even though the coach been there longer, he's more team I think, well, I mean, we're paying this due only seventeen million a year.
Speaker 3: We're paying this dude fifty.
Speaker 1: We understand that Mike Tomlin had a very strong relationship. He's always had a very strong relationship with his star players. We know that based on the history. We know that being and when Ab was there and a lot of these other guys. We know how he feels about his great players. But in order to keep this from happening to you, if you do not get a bridge. If you wait till somebody burn your bridge down, how the hell do you get to the other side. I gave you example Kansas City Alex Smith was a Pro Bowl quarterback.
Speaker 3: What did they do, Matt?
Speaker 2: What a super Bowl?
Speaker 3: But when you see that, when you see that.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, they went and got uh wis buddy from pitt They went and got.
Speaker 1: Man stop playing picketing out front.
Speaker 3: No, we won't go. We gotta put that on somebody.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 3: We gotta put that on somebody.
Speaker 4: When when somebody don't turn out in the draft, how you think they are not saying he's a bad player. They didn't like him for the system and they didn't like what he was doing, so they had to move on. Do you put that on the coach or do you put that on a person that selects and pays the players.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that I believe there there are drafts that they had better quarterback options.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You could sit back and say, you know what, next year, this quarterback is good, but you have to move.
Speaker 2: What did the Green Bay do Jordan? What did they do with Jordan Love?
Speaker 1: How much was they paying Aaron Rodgers and they and after they signed him, they gave him a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came.
Speaker 1: He was pissed off, absolutely, And just like Brett Farr was pissed off when they did what drafted Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: I mean then Aaron Rodgers seen a situation playoffs, he said he already he already knew what was in the car. So he said, all right, y'all not gonna play me. How y'all played Brett, and just move on. I can't worry about one year. I got to worry about the next ten fifteen years. So if you just worry about one year and one guy's feelings, you'll be stuck. All right, those in those nineteen years, In those nineteen years, I mean what they I think the only the only player that would have felled that far to him, which is a bad pick, was Lamar.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that you fought. You move up, Patrick Mahomes. They moved up to get Patrick Mahomes. They moved, they moved up to get Jordan Love. You don't have to stay at seat you looking at the philosophy. Let somebody fall into my lap. No, if there's somebody, you move up to go get them.
Speaker 5: And that's where what I said comes into play. Uncle, not pissing off your franchise quarterback. I think the relationship with Ben Roethlisberger and management in GM and president was much stronger than that of whatever Mike Tomler might have wanted. You think Tomon didn't want a quarterback when he realized being Okay, you're not moving the same, Oh Ben, you can't throw the same or the velocity on the ball is not the same. Mike Toman can see that stuff. Yeah, he didn't have to say so, regardless of being the coach for nineteen years to go and get who we wanted.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing you still got. You maintained that great relationship. Now, how you looking this part? Because the Steelers, what's the standard for the Steelers. When we think of Steelers, we think of what oh Jr. Championship Championship?
Speaker 4: No, No, you think of defense? Sal you think you think of steel Mike townand that's his defense.
Speaker 2: That they got.
Speaker 1: They got Ben Roethlisberger, and they had Antonio Brown and they had leveyon Bell. They've been abandoned the defense when they had the triple bs, they were throwing the ball. Ben Roethlisbergers got two five thousand yard seavers. He's got four or five hundred yard games.
Speaker 3: They've been abandoned that.
Speaker 2: They just had.
Speaker 4: They had they had a exposal offense for five six years. They had like they had his sposal offense. They always had a good wide receiver. They always had a good wide receiver. Somebody get the ball, take the top off. They always gonna have that defense. When you think Steelers, you think hard hitting defense.
Speaker 3: You know you know when you.
Speaker 4: Hear that, Hey, Mamroun, you hear that, don't you know that it is about to do something.
Speaker 3: You know that. You know that, you know it's gonna be cold, rainy, wet when you go in there.
Speaker 4: The grass grass ain't worth nothing, but the defense gonna have to come to play. And so if you're gonna beat the Steelers, you have to keep the ball, You have to know how to run the ball, and you have to limit.
Speaker 3: Exposed to plays from their offense. That's all you gotta. That's how you be distabed when.
Speaker 1: The last time they've had explosive plays from the offense. Ben Roethlisberger's been gone, A Be's been gone, Leveyon Bell been gone, so what if you know the Steelers that have explosive plays.
Speaker 4: And that's why that's why George Pickins left the building. George, George Pickens want to be he wanna, he wanna dance, he wanna he want to be in the ends all he wanna he want to do that. That's why George Pickens left the building. He said, I have I need. I need to the linel like I want. I want to see I want to see how that feels. He want to be Jamar Chase. He wanted he's seen he's seen what that look like in the division, and he said, I can't get that here.
Speaker 1: Right, Matthew, thanks for joining us tonight, man, best de luck you free agency. Come back when you when you get something penciled in, come back in Jordans and let us know.
Speaker 2: Where you're going.
Speaker 3: All right, I got y'all appreciate it, bro, all right, my.
Speaker 2: Boy, Oh Joe, Hey, hey, y'all.
Speaker 5: Hey, before you start, like like real quick, real quick, I just I just want to say something to you. I'm gonna say it in Coldlon, but you understand what I'm saying, even even though it's Mike, Even though it's Mike. I don't think he has the pool, even though he's the head coach to override pissing off the franchise quarterback.
Speaker 2: Stay with me. He got I get you what you're saying. But he got more do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely, because he's been there so long. But with that, with that centerpiece that been there, that lot.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying. I'm not saying. I'm not saying he's got had Bill Belichick pool. I'm not saying he got Andy Reid type pool, but he might have. He might be next in line with when it come to pool.
Speaker 5: Right right, right right, I got you, I got you, well, same thing.
Speaker 1: Can think about it. They went out, they got Joe Flacco, who led them to a super Bowl. What they gonna do They trade back into the first round, give up next year's first round pick to get Lamar.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know you can see it, right, you know you when your player is declining, Yes, things are the same, especially at the quarterback position, you can see it. The funny thing about it is how much do players or how much are they self aware that they're declining. It starts slipping.
Speaker 1: It's hard because oko, you don't want to believe it, because you've been great for so long you don't want to believe it, and so oot to yourself. You lie to yourself, You lie to yourself.
Speaker 5: Hey boy, you turn that film on and be like it is that damn damn?
Speaker 2: He moving slow?
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh that's me. Man who like they got on tims who run it like they got Tim's on the field.
Speaker 5: Where that camera, that camera, that eye in the sky will embarrass Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh oh Joe Adam Fanler the cast deck. We we ain't got I mean, we ain't got what you call him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, you just wrote that in there. That what you just wrote this This tweeted.
Speaker 5: That Webb well well weeb.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jordan Tuck, Yeah, Jordan Tuck made a good point on Twitter. Imagine moving on from George Pickens thinking the locker room distraction, only to end up with Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean Aaron Rodgers is a different type of distraction, a different type of distraction. Now, obviously I think he knock going to cause any problem because his lease is short. Because if you know that.
Speaker 2: He is back up sorry, his least long hold.
Speaker 5: Listen, you messed things up in Pittsburgh. Where's your next destination? Where's your next home? I mean about heat. That's what I meant you you have the leverage. You don't have the leverage you once had, were sought after, were you wanted the best in the league. You're still living off that past resume, which is why I wanted and waited for you to sign this late before mandatory mini camp, because they don't have any other options.
Speaker 1: Right, So at twenty a year twenty one, I mean, this is gonna be his twenty first season. How many more seasons do you think he really want to play? He want to subject himself getting up studying film, studying film all day money, studying film all day Tuesday, watching film after practice on Wednesday Thursday.
Speaker 2: And you know how long you think Aaron Rodgers wants to do that?
Speaker 5: Listen, hey, when you see what the AFC Nord's like, ain't no tailor where he might be one and done after this season.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 1: I mean, at twenty, I mean you take it first of all, once you get to a certain number of years, you take it eight. I probably a quarterback. Other positions probably take it year teen. Quarterbacks probably take it a year fifteen, especially if the way they protect him now so he's gotten six years past year fifteen. Yeah, ain't like Yeah, I don't think you try to eclipse Tom. He tried to play twenty four. You think you try to play twenty four seasons. Ain't no telling, Ain't no telling.
Speaker 5: Because I obviously they will continue to sign in the one year deals if things go well.
Speaker 3: I listen.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a very ten friendly contract. I mean thirteen ten guarantees.
Speaker 5: Nothing nothing, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm listen.
Speaker 5: I love the Steelers. I don't want them to do well. I want them to do well, except when they play the Bengals. I want DK Metcalf, I want Calvin Alston the third, and I want Robert Moore. They have Robert Woods, Robert Woo, I'm sorry, Robert Woods. They have phenomenal seasons like they can. I just want to see him do well. For Mike Tomin's sake, I steal a fans has always been good to me. I fucking love all of them. But when you play the Bengals, y'all neat, y'all ass for.
Speaker 1: Oh Yoe, we all heard with Joe Flacko's comments about being a mentor or not being a mental should do them well Russell Wilson was asked about how he approaches mentorship with Giants QB Room, including first round draft pick Jackson dark.
Speaker 2: I've always viewed it as I'm always tried.
Speaker 1: To be at the very version of you, and then you're always giving back to everyone else. I think I think that's just not about one teammate. It's about all the teammates. It's about everybody in the building. It's about from all the way to the from the quarterback room to the.
Speaker 2: Receivers to the running back.
Speaker 1: So it's like, to me, it's all inclusive, and that's always the approach. Russe says. I'm not just trying to mindle the quarterbacks. I'm trying to mindle receivers. I'm trying to mentor running backs. I'm trying to be the best because I feel if I give to you, you're going to give back to me, and then we'll all give back to.
Speaker 2: The team and then we'll succeed. You look what Russ had to say.
Speaker 5: Can you can't ask that man Rush? That's the preacher. The preacher always gonna say the right thing. Huh Okay, can't you can't ask You can't ask Rush that man? You got to ask You got to ask somebody else that question. You know, Russ is going to always say the right thing. Russ is gonna run for office. What's gonna run for mayor? Hell, R's gonna run for goddamn president, right, man, he had he has the gift, the gap. He understands the position that he's in. He's been afforded another opportunity to prove himself, which I think he will do. But in that situation, he has to say that does he really do that way? Absolutely not. Hell, this motherfucker is here to take my goddamn job. Yeah, he first round pick out of my mouth, he's the first round pick.
Speaker 3: I know, my least is short.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he like to say that, does he really feel absolutely not as a competitor as a football player.
Speaker 2: And the thing and the thing is, though, Jose, look it doesn't matter how long.
Speaker 1: You know, Russ came in in twenty twelve, So this is year what fourteen for us?
Speaker 2: Your fourteen for us?
Speaker 3: Good years?
Speaker 5: Good yees.
Speaker 2: So we're like, man, you try to speed up my process to get out of the league.
Speaker 5: I'm on that. That's what it is. I mean. Mentors, man, she better, you better, you better, get it on your own. Hey, just think about just think about that, people in the chat, people in the chat that's listening. Think about somebody coming to your job that's brand new and your boss telling you who train them to take your job?
Speaker 2: That's all it is.
Speaker 5: And when you do a mentor as like as if what you mean mentor like come on now, they make it sound like it's a good thing, but it's really not a good thing. The person is there to replace you. When you're telling me the training will take my job.
Speaker 1: Talk about don't you get a man some porters on your damn who tell the man how to beat man coverage? Tell the man how to god sit down in his zone, look, turn on the film. Got to talk to him, he said, man, he let me tell you what I do.
Speaker 2: Then what you do? This is what this is what I do.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 5: Then, because listen you we don't we don't have the same DNA. We don't have the same DNA, we don't have the same quick twitch fibers. So even if I do tell you what to do, you're not gonna be able to do it because I stopped.
Speaker 2: I just want you to tell if I just want to say, hey, I learn from Ocho.
Speaker 5: Nah, listen you Blad play mad Mad tell you how to get open on everything.
Speaker 1: Hey, remember how they've got everybody to bet that we trained with Kobe. I trained what Elija want? You know, I just want to you know, I just want to say I trained with I want to trade with I trained with Bruce Lee. Ye, that's why I want to say I trained with Bruce Lee.
Speaker 5: Hey, and don't look nothing like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's gonna have their opinions.
Speaker 1: It's it's very I mean, it all depends on the quarterback because you know, but that's the reason why if you notice starting quarterbacks they take the kneel down and everything they don't and they do not Andrey they're gonna fight through injured because they don't want you to get a look at the backup. The last thing I want you, man, did you look kind of good in price today?
Speaker 2: Ojoe did? Yeah, he threw it with some conviction block.
Speaker 1: Nah, he can get the scout team refs, but he ain't get no refs with them number one receivers.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: So I looked.
Speaker 1: It's to each his o, his eaches on. I mean, everybody, there's no, right, there's no wrong. As long as you're not you know, hey, as long as you're not giving him no faulty information.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: I don't really have I don't really have no problem on because I tried to help all the guys. I wanted to make sure if something were to happen to me, oh Joe, they were prepared to go in there and perform at a high level. But you know, I get it from the other stand because, like I said, I mentioned all those guys, and you know, Mike felt they were good enough to replace me. And then the same thing happened. When I got got to Baltimore. They drafted Todd Todd heat after we won the Super Bowl. I tried to, you know, do the best I could have mentor him, and they're like, well, yeah, he's good now. So they released me and I had to go back to I had to go back to Denver. So I don't know, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: Do you I was good?
Speaker 1: I would Let's just say with you, I wasn't disappointed to go back to Denver.
Speaker 5: I got you. I got you all right?
Speaker 1: Joining us now from the from the booty remember the hot boy, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: I was so was So what's up.
Speaker 2: Joining us? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man? Man, I appreciate shall hap man? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: We'll show being like St Shan Vegas cent a minute, man, we ain't bumping shut out missed the breakfast spot in a minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, at Chris Cafe. I'm gonna be down. I'm gonna be down that way in a minute. I'm gonna be down that the way. The minute I gonna hit you. Man, we go to that eat a little bit, man, talk your politics a little bit, bet that tell us about tell us about this happened that you just dropped freedom of speech?
Speaker 2: What what's what's in the name?
Speaker 3: Oh freedom of speech?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: It just comes from you not just come home from doing a twelve and a half year federal sentence.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: So you know when I first came home, they had put a gag all on me, man, and pretty much silaced me and told me they didn't want me doing nothing pertaining to rap or entertainment that I could make money off of, you know what I mean. So that I had to go through that and go back to court and fight it and go in front of the judge, and you know what I mean, It just was a lot, man, that I had to go through just to be able to rap again. Man, And I just felt like, you know, they was parading on my first amendment.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They absolutely, they absolutely were. So you say, you just came home, you did a twelve year bid going you're in there. I mean, people know who you are. I'm I'm I'm thinking that you're in G pop. You're not in so and so now everybody knows who they are. What mm hmm, what's what's what's the many? Cause think about it? Be you had it all, bro, you I mean you was, you was on top of the world, and now a lot of.
Speaker 2: The things that you probably took for granted you're like, damn.
Speaker 3: Naw, that's a fag.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's it's many nice man that you know. I was in that cell when the lights went out and shaded a tear too, Like, man, how to fuck put myself in this situation?
Speaker 2: Man? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But you know it is what it is.
Speaker 6: Man. At the end of the day, you know I understood I wasn't no angel, right, and you know I had to I had to take my lick and accept what came with it. Man, they were trying to let me out in like, you know, two three years. But they wanted me to take some of my homies down with me. Man. And you know, I ain't grew up like that. That ain't in my heart, you know what I'm saying. So it was like I gotta stand on what's real and and and take it on the chair and you know what I mean. So you know I took my licking rope many.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, hey, listen, listen, being being being behind that ball man eleven twelve years. Man, it can change anybody. I just got a young boy down here in Miami. He just came home from doing seventeen. I said, I asked him, you know, firstly when he got out, I said, well, what do it feel like to do seventeen? He said, they gave me too much time to think.
Speaker 3: No, that's a fact, man, said, they gave They gave me too.
Speaker 5: Much time to think. So for you doing that eleven twelve, what habits? I mean? How has your mindset changed differently now as opposed to how it was when you went in?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know when I when I went in, I was you know, young, wow, reckless, you know what I mean, so you know, it gave me a chance to really like he was saying, like, appreciate you know this this this this thing called hip hop. Man, that that that that changed my life. You know what I'm saying, change the people lives around me. You know what I'm saying, Like put my family first, like you know, put my career first. Put up you know what I mean, Like, just just.
Speaker 3: Just focus, man, Like I'm a proun example.
Speaker 6: When keeping it real goes wrong, man, you know what I'm saying, Like I had been you know, made it out the hood man and not. I just don't surround myself with you know, the same people I used to surround myself with, man, Because at the end of the day, you gotta understand when you outgroup mother for the man.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, and that that's that's a hard thing too. One of the things that you just said is everybody can go on that journey. You know, you get out and the same people again want you to be right back in the same place that you was before you went in there.
Speaker 2: B it's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something I listen, man, I came home and sing this song, but the.
Speaker 3: Who who's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Twelve, Yeah, a third ten years, a little steel touring the same ship I left him do.
Speaker 3: And that's when I say.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can hear us. Seemed like it's ah, can you Oh?
Speaker 3: How you went out on me? Okay?
Speaker 1: They said, look, your physical body can be in prison as long as your mind isn't in prison. Had a hall boy says, Look is that when your mind isn't it's incarcerated, that's when it gets difficult. That's when you get guys doing crazy stuff and they succumb to those four walls. How did you keep your mind outside although your physical body was inside.
Speaker 6: I ain't even lying, bro, Like it took me like four or five years, you know what I mean, because when I first went in, I really couldn't see the end, you know what I mean, Like that was a long stretch for somebody like me who was coming from the life I was coming from the lifestyle I was coming from. And you know, they slamm me behind the wall with all these lifers, and you know, dudes with thirty forty sixty seventy years ain't never going home, you know what I mean. So them first couple of years, like I had found myself getting institutionalized, you know what I'm saying. So you know, I started, I just started going to the low library, you know, started doing a lot of reading because I had put my pen down and everything. Man, I wasn't even right, you know, more because I was like, man, it's old for me. Man, like the game, it's hard to remain relevant in this shit for a couple of.
Speaker 3: Months, like a year.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, man, I'm like, man, twelve years. Man, I'm like, man, I ain't gonna I ain't believe in the beginning that I'll be able to make a comeback.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But you know, being a part.
Speaker 6: Of a click that pretty ones to find the error, you know what I'm saying, which is that dollar sign cash money and all my homies you know, remain relative and still was doing the thing. It made that transition a little bit more easier for me, you know what I mean. But yeah, man, I just you know, the Internet has started the boom, man, And you know it was it because I ain't like when I went in and I was doing everything I wasn't supposed to do, Like you know, I'm told nih something.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm I'm just I'm in there life.
Speaker 6: So it's like, you know what I mean, and you gotta get with the program, you know what I'm saying. And then by me being who I am, you know you got to be a little bit more extra, you know what I'm saying, because you know niggas he really yeah, man, And I wasn't gone for none of that, you know what I'm saying. So you know it took it took a minute for me to just kind of life, you know, call down man, and get my mind all the way right and get focused and and realize like, man, I got another.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna tighten up, you know what I'm saying, stay focused, read these good books, and you know what i mean, get back out.
Speaker 3: She'll try to put my life back together.
Speaker 2: Man, What was a typical What was a typical day like for you?
Speaker 1: So you wait, what you wake up at, what time you do, whateffter that you do whatever that?
Speaker 2: Then what do you what time of the lights out?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What was a typical day like for BG?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 6: I pop up five in the morning, Bam, throw my pop like six, I'm gonna make me a cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, why seeing.
Speaker 6: It see you know what I'm saying, Why seeing it with some of the old heads.
Speaker 3: He what's going on on the news, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And then bam, watch some first take, then catch the wreck y'arll go work out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Come back in, you know, make something to eat. You know what I'm saying. Get on the phone, you know us for a few businesses or something. You know what I'm saying. Didn't go back outside?
Speaker 7: You know, oh, man up, go ahead, finish it about go ahead?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 2: Boo?
Speaker 3: Bah?
Speaker 2: You did that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You said you hit to the reck yard? So you do a push ups? Pull ups? Do they have a weight room? Can you live weights? Or did they take Have they taken all the wayside of the facilities?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: They acted. Man, they was trying to start.
Speaker 6: Some of these out. It was pull up steps, push ups, burpies. You know what I'm saying, like all callous, that is man, yurel man. But that shit'll ripped you up.
Speaker 3: Due.
Speaker 1: So you said when you got back and you say, you know, you make your coffee. You do what you gotta do you come back and make some food you was making?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Oh, you was making So you get stuff from the common sary. You probably get ramen noodle, you're getting the honey buns, you're getting a little babbie, You're getting certain things. So you actually cooking.
Speaker 3: In your room. Yeah, all late food. That was cold flooding with the cooking.
Speaker 6: So you know, I got all the previous every day he needs and we whipping up in the microweed you know that micaelweed?
Speaker 3: You make that shit? You think that ship came out the oven and off the stove or some ship you know.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, they put it out like that.
Speaker 1: Man, they got.
Speaker 2: Fishing and start chefs in there.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, yeah they hey.
Speaker 3: Be talking about five star shifts. Shit me, when you're.
Speaker 5: I want to get back to you, I'm going to get back to the music, right. I'm gonna get back to your music right. When you talk about you know, the album the LP peach right, and when you went to talk to the judge about your first amendment to be able to wrap the way you want to despite you know, the conviction, to despite your past, were you able to win that so you can have them to say and rap about what you want to expecting that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that's and that was their main thing, Like you know, they was trying to control my content and tell me what I could and couldn't rap about, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And you not just felt like you know, that was wrong. I made a career for, you know, doing gainst the music. I ain't the first one to rap about it. I ain't gonna be the last one to rap about it, you know what I mean. N W and two live Proof you know had this first Amendment fight thirty years ago, you know what I mean. So I was I was looking at it from from that point of view. But the judge she ordered me to, uh, before I make any you know, raps of songs available to the public, that I have to turn them over to my po So my PIO could put them on the record, but they don't have to approve it or nothing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they definitely listening.
Speaker 6: Know they be listening, man, That's why they're trying to leave Jnsters Man. Be mindful, man, you heard me, because the people listening, man, and they'll take them wraps and turn them against you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Tell the people how they can find your documentary, because you did a documentary about your life on the outside before it started inside and now you're back out again. How can people find your documentary?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man?
Speaker 3: Many from my other on my speech to documentary.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, It's just me, you know, basically know that I had because and they called that a violation of my probation. You know what I mean saying that. You know, they, like I said, saying, they didn't want me throwing nothing pertaining to wrap entertainment that I could make money off of.
Speaker 5: And I'm.
Speaker 1: So how you're supposed to live, how you're supposed to survive. We lost them, Sorry about that, guys of them. And this is a very interesting conversation. Oh Joe, this is what I don't get. Okay, you say, hey, bro.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't hang around the people and partake in the life that landed you. Hear, Okay, cool, let me go back. I'm gonna go back and get on this music thing. Nah, you can't do that, you see, that's why the recidivism rated so high. Yeah, first of all, it's hard to get hired if you have if you have a.
Speaker 5: Resident anyway, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: So now people don't want to hire you. You're telling me what I can and can't do. Yeah, I ain't got no choice. Now you're telling me, so what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's how it is. I mean, obviously, once you're once you're a part of the system, and you leave that system, the system still does everything they can to control you despite.
Speaker 1: Holding whatever you did over your head. I paid my debt to society. Hit you on your video. We can hear you, BG, but we can't feel you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what I don't get, O, Joe. I mean, bro, I pay once, I paid my debt to society.
Speaker 2: I'm clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're supposed where you're supposed to You're supposed to be clear. Now you're clear depending on who you are. You know how they operate, you know how that you know how they operate. They move by a different set of rules, and there's some people that play by a completely different set of rules, and you know you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So for sure, O.
Speaker 5: Other than that, man, listen, and the fact that we do come out, you try to do the best you can with whatever record you have and hoping that you can get that second chance and grace and whatever it is that.
Speaker 1: You do if I'm a football player, Oh Joe, Yeah, and I let's just say I have a slip up and I do something that I get, I get cent away. Yeah when I get out, and I'm saying I'm twenty I'm twenty five. I'm twenty six, right, but nah, you can't play no football with Yeah. Oh this is small example, mister Ruggs. Well, wait, we got to beat you back. Okay, beat you I'm gonna start back over. Tell us about the documentary. Where can they find it? And what what is the documentary? What does it entail?
Speaker 3: Man? A documentaries on YouTube.
Speaker 6: It's on my YouTube channel, and you know, it's basically really walking you through everything that I had went to through what led up to my incarceration, you know, what led up to me being silenced, me going back and forth, the core and really just you know, me telling my story man, because it's a generation of motherfuckers that don't even know who I am. I feel like I'm reintroducing myself to the world, you know what I'm saying. Because I've was going for so long. I got you know, my core solid, you know, fan base that grew up with a motherfucker. But it's like, I'm just you know what I'm saying, trying to introduce myself to you know, a whole different demographic, you know what I mean, And and and these you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's eighteen to twenty eight year olds and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So you know, I'm just getting something wrong, man, basically, you know, trying to let them all fethers. Don't don't let them know they ain't got to be like me, man, be better than me. Man, you know what I'm saying, learn from my mistakes.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying. Like I've been there, done that, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, sometimes you you gotta go through it yourself. You know what I'm saying, moll father, don't be more head. But that still don't mean you know what I mean. I ain't gonna tell you right.
Speaker 5: Hey, b what be what you think about the state of hip hop right now?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: What's what's ther what what's your thought about the state of hip hop right now? Boss? Man? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: I mean you know I'm I'm I'm a hip hop fan man in a hip hop head man.
Speaker 3: So you know.
Speaker 6: It, man, I I it's it's definitely different now. It's it's it's you know what I mean. Like, but I don't want to sound like the.
Speaker 3: Old head, you know what I'm saying, be hating and all this and all that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's it's it's really really different, man, Like I wish you not come up in the era. Well, originality and and and authenticity you know, created longevity, you know, understanding, and I don't be getting.
Speaker 5: A lot of that.
Speaker 3: You heard me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like, it's like everybody you know a lot of dudes be sounding us the same, you know what I'm saying, and will work for him, might not work for me, Like we'll work for me, ain't gonna work for you, you know what I mean. So I should just be wanting to hit get a little bit more originality, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Have you heard have you heard uh Weasy the new song the Menu album the card Si?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm riding to it now. Well I listen to it one time. I'm giving it a second go through right now.
Speaker 1: I tell you, let me, let me ask you this, give me your top five rappers and they can be they can be all New Orleans based. But if you if somebody saying, you know what, BG, give me your top five live past the present. They can be all passed, they can be all present, they can be dead, they can be alive.
Speaker 2: I just want to know who you who you think are the best five?
Speaker 6: Tupac scoff Face, Oh uh, Tupot scuff Face, Little Wayne Soldiers slim and uh and.
Speaker 5: Me, Hey, hey, hey, b G. You know listen we took told by that talked about that little Wayne, right h Listen that song Maria with y Cleft and yeah yeah and the beat that the beat that made Fresh Maid for being myself. Man, listen, man, that's that's I.
Speaker 6: Ain't gonna lie to that, that one he got with that one he got with Big the Plug.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm stuck on that one, right, I'm stuck on that one right now. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Like I said, I gotta listen to because you know Wayne, you know his word. Please, So this is you know what I'm saying, that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be over your here.
Speaker 6: It's gonna take you three times to listen to for the you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 6: I got a record on this deluxe album that I'm about to drop for freedom of speech with me little wine and bust the rhymes. Man, that ship, that ship, that ship gonna be Yeah, it's it's. It's one of the ones. It's it's one of the ones. But yeah, now I'm on that six right now.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 2: Who you gotta win in the finals? You watch you you you up on you up on sports?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't. I'm putting my money on o K. See. Man, they blew me up the other night.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I should have took and did with the points. But I thought I thought. I thought, okay, se was gonna stand on business. But I'm yeah, I'm still riding with ok C. Man, I ain't. I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna wear the white flag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on, hold on, you got gee? You sure you shure you're gonna okay? See because I got I got the pace. You try you try to better or something. Hey man, listen, hey, I ain't got that old show. Money gonna be a little friendly bit. You know what I meant, little friend.
Speaker 4: Friend say that hey, bg, he.
Speaker 2: Don't pay.
Speaker 1: Right now, he don't pay, he won't be fitted out hundred right now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me ask you what when you when you were inside? Did you write it? Did you write anything when you was inside?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, I got a couple of movies that I'm about to I'm about to put out.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I got an Urban livel I started on my autobiogle.
Speaker 3: Fee Yeah, man, I was yeah, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I was going dope with decade. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, man, I did a lot of right man, I got a little material.
Speaker 1: Man, let me ask you this, had you not been sat down for a period of time, would you have taken time to do what you do if you want to be outside?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, jail saved my life.
Speaker 6: Well, just to be honest with you, man, you heard me, And I'm just saying like if I wouldn't on whether jail, I'd probably be dead or in shall the longest sentence, you know what I'm saying. Like, so you know, I don't think I needed that much, you know what I mean? Like you know what I'm saying, Like I probably could have learned my le You could have been home, and you feel like I probably would have learned my letters and about five ships.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But you yeah, man, it's saved my life.
Speaker 3: I could be honest with myself about that.
Speaker 2: Well, the boy put two pennies on the dimes. They're gonna pull that.
Speaker 3: Nah for real, for real, for real.
Speaker 1: So your family, I obviously had to take a toll on your family because nobody wants to see a family member.
Speaker 2: How did that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Because you know the family see you, but damn, y'all got to see me like this behind this light, like like I'm in the zoo. And then I know it's tough on them when they leave, and I know it's tough on you when they leave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I was it was hall man, Like you know, I left the streets like my oldest son was eleven years old, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: My daughter was three, you know what I'm saying. My other son was five. I come home.
Speaker 6: I thought of graduating high school, my other son in college, my other son, you know what I'm saying, Like I come home the whole man with the bed like tough I'm saying like I'm talking about, it's it's it's man like. But you know it's like I had to get to know them all over again. You know, even do they walk there being down with me, you know what I'm saying, And you know we jose truth visit and through the phone and you know, through mail and all that. But yeah, it definitely wasn't easy, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you know it grew you up. It grow you up.
Speaker 6: I read that, I've read the I've read the I've read to them see me. You know what I'm saying in jail, and you know, have to come visit me in the grid yard, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I told him, I totally I totally get that. So man, glad to have you home. Best of luck on the documentary, guys, go check the album out. Freedom of Speech, BG's First Thing is his first album since being out.
Speaker 2: He got a documentary, he says, he got a novel.
Speaker 1: He got an autobiography coming out, detailing his life, what led him to where let him.
Speaker 2: And how he turned his life around. He said, he ain't going back.
Speaker 3: I'm done, you know what I mean, I'm done that ship. Oh a bird. Man told me to send y'all his love too. Man, you heard me. I hollered at him for I came home, man, he said, Man, let him know. Man, send my love. Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, man, Thank you very much. All the best. Congratulational being home. Hey, good luck on the documentary. Good luck on the autobiography. We're gonna ohe you're not gonna check that album out, check.
Speaker 3: It out, man, Thank y'all. Brother love love love all right, yo.
Speaker 2: Man, that's that's tough for yo. Yeah, that's tough, man.
Speaker 1: I mean to go with like I said, you go away and you got kids and you got to relearn them all over again.
Speaker 2: On your time is the one thing.
Speaker 1: Time is the one thing that you can't It's the most precious commodity that we have because it does my thought is what you cannot make up. Yeah, and once it's gone, it's never to be recaptured, you know. He said, I got it. I had a thirteen year old when I went in, I had a five. I had a three year old. Yeah, bro, we donet half half their life.
Speaker 5: Everybody grown.
Speaker 2: Now they got to relearn him. He has to relearn them, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's that's crazy. Listen, I'm glad that everybody don't get a second chance. No, no, I'm glad he's been afforded. It's been afforded a second chance. He's been hive and grace and then the good thing about it, some people go in and take their head right back because they ain't learning less than the first time. But you listen to him talk, you could tell his sharp now his mine different. His man.
Speaker 1: About three weeks ago on my podcast, he like Shannon, I knew he like, once I get out, he said.
Speaker 2: I know I wasn't going back.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because I knew I wasn't going back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've had homebus and Noah, sharp, man, i ain't going back in hell.
Speaker 2: Three months later, they're right back in there. You're right back, they're right back. Hey.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it only take it. It takes for it takes for him to sit you down one time long enough, man, you can't get that time back, man, man.
Speaker 1: Nah, and all the stuff the free you talk about bad, I hate you ain't got nothing in there. They tell you what time to get up, what time to go to bed, where to go, when to go, how to go, what to do.
Speaker 2: When you get there.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Adam Sandler will cast Deack Henry in a movie if if he runs for another two thousand yards. Adam Sandler sent Henry a message saying, two thousand yards plus this year not only gets you in a movie, but I'll have a nice dinner together and talk about dan Patrick facial era and how hard it is for him to grow.
Speaker 2: I love you. Keep it up.
Speaker 1: Henry one of nine players to ever produce a two thousand yard rush season. He did it in twenty twenty. If he eclipses two thousand yards and twenty twenty five, he'll become the first player ever to record two two thousand yard seasons and could earn a cameo in a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean that, they don't need to be no cameo. I need you. I need to have it about ten minutes in the movie.
Speaker 5: You need the whole thing. You need to be the manustraction.
Speaker 1: At least ten minutes. Oh Joe, you got to think about the NFL. The NFL is one hundred and six hundred and seven years old. Yeah, nobody has ever done two thousand twice? Right, Yeah, man, I need I need about ten fifteen minutes. Yeah, listen, he's in the right situation to do it. He's sure it's to do it.
Speaker 5: You know over there with Lamar brother Babman Brother Brothers the Flowers.
Speaker 1: Listen, he'd got two thousand and didn't listen to me early instead of put him in that offset eye.
Speaker 5: And put him h yeah, yea yeah, yeah. Well listen, they know now, they.
Speaker 2: Know nine told him man a man, shut up.
Speaker 3: You don't know what.
Speaker 2: You put the man in the eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an eye back yeah, yeah, because he did. Oh Joe. The thing is he needs to get ahead of steam. He ain't want him quick back to jump stop like sake on Jamire Gibbs can run out, can run out of the offset.
Speaker 5: Montgomery could do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's not but that's not him. He's an old school he's a he's an Emmitt Smith. He's a Bo Jackson, a herschel Walker. He's an Eric Dickerson. He's that guy what his heels at nine tossing the ball? Yeah, land the ball, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They bull jotted around the first three games. He bully had two thousand, could have had it. Yeah, you know what he might hit it. You got to realize that was his first season. Man, mm hmmm, that was his first season in offense. So now he's already activated. He knows the plays, you know. They they understand what he can and can't do. They understand their strengths.
Speaker 5: And I'm crazy for even saying they understand his weaknesses as well, and what not to do with him. Man, ain't no telling what he's gonna run for them. Yeah, the volume