Speaker 1: Worrying. Today's episode contains spoilers for the final three episodes of Ironheart on Disney Plush.
Speaker 2: And Nabe Jason Coups and on Mersey Night.
Speaker 1: And welcome back to x ray vision of that podcast where we don't have the video favorite shows, movies, colleges of pop culture comedy. You from our podcast where we're bringing you episodes every Tuesday and Thursday, plus alsomber long. We're highlighting the summer's biggest movies every Fridays.
Speaker 2: In today's episode, we are finishing our Ironheart coverage. Can you believe it's already gone? I know, just two weeks crazy? Well, we are talking about episodes four, five, and six wrong.
Speaker 1: A strong, A stronger.
Speaker 2: Finish, A finish. And in other great news, we are gonna be at San Diego Comic on July twenty fourth to July twenty seventh. Let us know if we'd be there on the discord and what you want to see from us at San Diego Comic Con.
Speaker 1: But first Ironheart. Okay, we open on a flashback episode four, A strong episode four like immediately immediately a leap up.
Speaker 2: I think this is maybe my favorite episode of the series. Now all taken.
Speaker 1: I'm still very silly, but in a good way.
Speaker 2: I tell like Superhero TV kind of yes.
Speaker 1: And it really feels as if this show knew where it wanted to end and for some reason got shortened. And the shortening clearly happened I think in the first three or middle episode. Yeah, because this is a stronger finish. So we open on Parker and Jonathan earlier into their criminal careers, and it's interesting that Jonathan is more of the instigator, the person who's like, hey, park like we can do this, and you know, like so they're breaking into a beautiful home. Parker is hesitant, but they have good intel. It seems they really seem to know like where stuff is in the house. Parker finds it safe, he opens it. There's like gold bars and fucking stacks of good stuff in there to steal. But then security shows up and gets the drop on Parker, and Jonathan shoots the guy dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after promising Parker no harm, no one's gonna get hurt. The old classic Jonathan killing people. He can't stop killing people. Also, I have to say as well, he kind of says, oh, how did you find me? Like how did that guy get like how did you save me? And Jonathan's like, I'm always with you. I started to think at this point, I was like, wait a minute, is Jonathan like kind of his Mephisto? And I had that felt like there was some supernatural kind of but I think it was more of just uh paka, like a very overwhelming memory. Now that as they call him cousin, Jonathan, though I still am feeling some tension between the two romantically, is now sadly dead because re Re killed him. Well let him die, let's say.
Speaker 1: I agree more on that in a bit, so Parker. We go to the present. Parker is thinking about this moment. The gang is having a wake for Jonathan downstairs at the pizza portion of the headquarters, and they're eating pizza, and you know, people are like, should we say a few words? Slug says some stuff, The siblings say some stuff. All the while Parker is like spiraling and clearly hearing domonic voices that we can only assume come from the Fisto but possibly also dor Mamu. And then all of a sudden he speaks up and he says, you know what I'll miss the most about Jonathan His loyalty Meanwhile.
Speaker 2: Re Re is there and he's looking super guilty the place for this moment, like she is legit looking, I mean, so guilty.
Speaker 1: I think some people are gonna say, well, she she didn't kill him, and I agree to you, Like she just chose not to save him, which she could have done, yeah, pretty easily, I think, and then he died, so and he did also threaten to kill her, so like it was a there's a mean situation there. But you know, I think when you that's why I say, when you add up the fact that once she had motive to see him, she had she had reason to benefit from his death, and to the fact that she didn't save him, we're going to continue to say that she and she killed him.
Speaker 2: I think it's like and I do think that in this case. And one of the things that I think really does shine about this show and that I've been interested to see people react well to, is Reri is very far from your kind of standard MCU hero. She has a very complicated figure. She's a story and she's actually more like a real human being who is like under pressure. But yeah, Parker, and also I do think this is funny because, like you know, Parker's looking at her, and you're hearing these kind of evil dom Mamu, Mephisto, whatever you want to call it, like evil kind of whisperings, but also like they're right, like she did kill him. So I'm also like it's also kind of funny because I'm like, does he need to get puppeted? Like she is right? Like, but yeah, it's not looking good for Ri and Parker's budgeoning relationship as criminal enterprises.
Speaker 1: Yes, partners together and this in this thing. So you know, Parker is like, Okay, we got have another heightst coming up and everybody's gonna have a job. But he doesn't address and is like what about me? And he's like, oh, yeah, I got a job for you. He says it was like menacing way.
Speaker 2: Like a special job. You don't go to that job, please, like come on, my girl.
Speaker 1: So re goes home and she and Nat do some analysis on the Hood swatch, but they can't They could tell it's powerful, but they don't understand the readings they're getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like they say, it kind of it reads as if it's some kind of combustion inside, but it's the powers the Hood. But it's unclear like where the combustion would come from.
Speaker 1: Yes, so definitely all the while because of like the fact that she can't figure out what this thing is and the fact that like Jonathan is clearly so so I mean, excuse me, Parker is clearly so powerful and is probably knows that she killed Jonathan and the and the kind of veiled threat. You know, re Rea is like cracking up. She is becoming increasingly increasingly anxious to the just the point of a panic attack, and re Re is like, Natalie, why are you acting so like why are you so chill about this? And that I was like, hey, man, didn't Jonathan, I don't deserve to die.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa, I want to say, like one, okay, so is this is something I found very interesting about this scene in general, is like I'm definitely I'm on Mephisto hunt at this point because I'm like mishearing stuff and she's saying stuff to her mom like is that because she's crazy? Is it because she's being influenced? And then also is not saying that kind of stuff because she is clearly being influenced, because that was a crazy thing to just drive. I mean, that was like a crazy thing really, But also, as we were talking about the other day when we were talking about the first half of this or is that just like really prescient to the nature of how like AI just tells you what you're want to hear?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was like, which one is it? But it definitely doesn't seem like it's a normal thing, especially with this really funny interaction with Reeby's mom, who also needs to go to therapy, yes, and like not just accept her dead friend's best friend day I living.
Speaker 1: In Revan listen little and this one, I'm just like, fine, let's go with it.
Speaker 2: Natalie then tells, uh, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, why don't you call Shuri to help you out with whatever? This hood thing great like great suggestion, actually good idea. This gives Reread the opportunity to give us like a complete exposition dump on the Coanda Forever. The events after Wakanda Forever and like what led her.
Speaker 2: Here also made me laugh because like she basically is like, oh, I can't tell Shurry I got kicked out of college, I did this, I did that. I'm like, baby, not literally you were literally and Wakanda while Shurry like stole the black Panther started a war like she's gonna I don't think she's gonna judge you. I just I think it would actually have been totally fine. But you know, that's the nature of being young.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. So we goes to see Joe Uh to maybe get some help with this. But Joe's houses police tape all rounding and guess what, ze Stain got arrested and re regoogles it and finds out that, yeah, it was her fault because the cops found the biomesh traced it to Joe Slash Ezekiel Stain, just like she promised wouldn't happen, And in a I think quite hard hitting little montage, we watch Zeke gets swallowed up like by the prison system, of his head shaved, he's getting fingerprinted, he's getting id they're checking his gums see he has any like hidden knives or needles or anything in there, and it's quite heroic. The gang watches the news report about Zeke and his connection to the heirloom heist and they're like, how did how did Zeke's how did this guy's technology get into our heist? And Clown meanwhile, is like, this guy's kind of cute, which is interesting, okay, and Parker goes upstairs, Oh see thee Parker is upstairs while they're talking about this, and he's like taking a full on submerged ice bath. I guess to like lower the I think like demonic temperature, like getting so hot.
Speaker 2: From them, and he doesn't have his cousin to like do tattoos to cool him down anymore.
Speaker 1: We goes to see Zeke in jail, and she's like trying to immediately like diffuse with like comedy, like, hey, I guess they did trace the bottomus.
Speaker 2: Don't say it, make a joke.
Speaker 1: And then she and you know, Zeke just is like staring daggers at her through the glass and she's like, listen, I promise to get you out, and he's like, yeah, how are you going to do that? And he's like, I made I made a huge mistake trusting you. You were not trustworthy. You manipulated me into just getting what you wanted, and now look at me, I'm in here. Goodbye, and re feels terrible, and she's ready to feel terrible. She goes back to the gang headquarters and finds out that Parker has like hired a new tech person or is in the process, is in the like the paperwork is not done, you know, but like is in the process. I haven't got the docu side back yet. He calls her to his office and he's like who the fuck is this guy? Zeke, Like what do you know about this? And was like who's what's.
Speaker 2: The one? Is like so good at acting like she's a bad liar, Like it's really funny to see the way that re reinteracts once the heat is on her, and Parker.
Speaker 1: Does I think a very smart thing here, which is just he just pretends like it not even pretends, like he just bulldozes over the lines, like why don't you just tell me that you needed help, Like if you needed help with some of the tech aspects of the thing, like we would have got you help, like and that's why I went out and had to hire someone else to help you. And re is like completely gagged at them.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She goes back to her apartment. Now she's like in full panic mode. She's installing a security system all around the house. Natalie is trying to get her to relax.
Speaker 2: Why I can't and relax It's a bad situation.
Speaker 1: Gives her mom like as like you know Ripley and aliens giving the little watch. Yeah, gives her gives her mom like a smart watch so she'll be able to like track her and and there's also like some defensive aspects to it. It will protect them, like unbeknownst to them, it will create a shield to protect them. Goes to see Ze and man is like, why can't I come see my brother? And they briefly debate, finally get into the stuff about Natalie. This is important and should have happened earlier, but I'm glad it's happening now. This is really like a meaty conversation. She's like, first of all, you're not that's not your brother. You are code. You are not a person. You came from my thoughts about who Natalie is. And anyway, stay here, guard the house and fix the fucking suit and yeah, okay, So we goes to say it gives him a smart watch as well, and then it's like, hey, do you think I'm a good person? And he says, well, it depends on you know, what's the what's the other context? But yes, like who you are, Like what's the criteria? Yeah, but like yes, you're smart and you're a good person. But of course, like has no idea that she recently killed Jonathan during that's all over the new and that also like a person who is not connected to the heist has now been kind of framed by her sort of it's anyway, it's also clear that he has feelings for her. Reory gets home, Nat teases her about Zay, but Reary is just like full on, like Parker's coming to get us, I know it, and we need to get We need to be ready to defend ourselves. And that's like, you need to get some sleep, because you do. So, she falls asleep and she's, you know, like we can't tell. There's this moment where I'm like, is this a dreamer? Is this real? She's like checking the security cameras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they want you to play like it feels like it's kind of all consuming her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then she falls back asleep in the suit and wakes up to her mom screaming. She like goes in in the suit, breaks down.
Speaker 2: Her boots the door down, boots the.
Speaker 1: Door down, and her mom is like, in this orb, this defensive shield ORB. And it turned out the smart watch the algorithm. The defensive algorithm reacted to like gunshots in her mom's television show and placed her in this defensive orb. But mom is now like, listen, you got to tell me what is happening, because this is a mess. Like you're freaking out and clearly something's wrong, but you won't say anything about it. And Rerey is like, well, I do need to relax. I do need to calm down. Maybe like her mom is into like crystals and sound baths and all this kind of stuff like I'll let you do your sound bath kind of relaxation magic on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh so I just want to say, you know, we did talk about this before. Yeah, but like if you can make a watch that reacts that way, you can basically like make people immorts. Also, again, your money. I feel like MIT would have funded this project that you made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go get investments like this.
Speaker 2: Means on this specific thing. It's really interesting, could be utilized in multiple different ways. Could be great people with kids who conways be like who they got a baby is and maybe get a fall over. I'd know, put it in this funny orb. I feel like, really you're missing a lot of marketing opportunities and see how you're leaving billions on the floor.
Speaker 1: Base absolutely could not agree more. So they go to Reebe's mom takes her to h miss Stanton's store, which is like a crystals and candles and tarot stuff store. It's this and also like.
Speaker 2: Book different things. Yes, really fun.
Speaker 1: And so they go there and we meet Zelma, missus Stanton's daughter, and Zella immediately senses that really has something powerful on her. First of all, is we find out is carrying a piece of that hood swatch in her pocket, just casually, just.
Speaker 2: Like not even like in a little bag, in a little she just holding that thing. But maybe that's the power.
Speaker 1: It could be a good point, yeah, And so Zelma does some handtutting and then boom opens a portal takes her mom, Miss Stanton, re Re and Rere's mom to this workshop that she has in some other dimension. And Revere's mom is freaking out. Miss Stanton is like, I told you to never do magic without telling me. I told you to not set up secret rooms in other dimensions without time. I've done a lot of stuff without telling me, but like why, And Zelma's like because of this? And then they the piece of the hood comes out and they start doing some work on it, and they're both very alarmed. We find out that Zelma was born at comartage. Her mom apparently was in the sorcery program there but dropped out no longer involved in it, and this swatch is super super super dangerous. It comes from like a dark dimension, possibly the darkest dimension, and is clearly tied to some very very evil and palaving.
Speaker 2: We get the dor Marmou name drop. Yeah, like they lean into that. They show us a very Mephisto looking sketch of dor Marmu. I was really happy to see Zelma appear here. I think this is one of the my probably my favorite sequence from the whole show, because I think it brings something totally different to the MCU. We haven't really seen this kind of idea of magic that, as Matt's Missus Stanton kind of explains, it is like Zelma's had to create her own magic that kind of mixes her being where she was raised in Chicago here rather than in the Bronx in the comics, and kind of like how that interacts with what her mum knew from carmouitage, and they're kind of generational like magic that they share THO, it's so fun. This is a pretty new like ish character like ten years old from a first in Doctor Strange, but probably created by Jason and Chris pa'charlo what team.
Speaker 1: In the in the Stranger, Kay you meet her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Strange Academy is the best stuff. That's like the stuff that makes me.
Speaker 1: It's very very fun title if you really fun.
Speaker 2: And also that's where this kind of idea of the Neverish, which is sort of this kind of like world within world's kind of pocket universe that she is kind of created is And yeah, just really fun. I love Strange Academy and yeah, it's so fun. And Zalma's just like yeah, I mean this is probably to do it Dormmu and and dude, she and missus Stanton is like pissed. She's like, get the fuck out, bro, this is like get it out of my shop, Like what.
Speaker 1: The yeah you get this, Get this dorm Mamu ship out of here. This is beyond because that's kind of that's like Sorcerer Supreme type stuff. And they're not exactly the level of No one wants to be like fighting Dormmaly. No, that's too much so. Elsewhere, Parker uses his magic to get into Zeke's jail cell and he's like, hey, what's up with re Re. Do you know her? And he's basically is like yes. And then Parker's like, well, guess what. We need a new tech person, and I'm gonna give you a job.
Speaker 2: I also, I just want to say I love again. Shout out uh to Alden. He's so funny in this scene. Right, He's like great, He's like, he's like, great hallucinations, the last thing I need. His response to this guy just walking into his cell is like so fantastic. But it also is a great interaction by these two people who have now been joined by how they feel like they've been wronged by by re Re.
Speaker 1: Re Re breaks into Zeke's vault because she feels like this is this there's totally no respect, but also like this is a this is a safer place to like do some work on the suit. During the break in, Natalie is like blabbing about, oh, the hood, it must be something really ancient, it must be something really old. She's going on and on and realize re Re realizes then that this problem is probably more than she can handle. So she flies back to Chicago, and she's completely freaking out because of the danger they're facing. Meanwhile, at night in the prison, Zeke's door opens and with the help of the gang, he just basically walks like right out of prison straight to the loading dock where they're waiting. Well, that was a prey rad sequence. It was fun, yeah, really fun, and he just like walks out. Re Rey sends the suit by itself to.
Speaker 2: Go get Zay. We think, but no, it was Natalie.
Speaker 1: She did it on her own. Because re Rey is like complete panic attack, almost nonverbal by the stress. Natalie brings Zay there to like talk to her. Zay is like horrified when he comes face to face with Natalie and basically and this is like Natalie did not think that this would happen, but really, he basically says to you had no right to do this. You had no right to resurrect my sister, like this, that's not my sister. He's really right, He's making a lot of sense. And Rerey is like, well, you know, it was an accident. I didn't mean to do it. And anyway, like once you get to know her, it's pretty odd, Like she's pretty great it's very Natalie, Like Zay wants really immediately to delete Natalie, like delete this. This is like horrific to have this like doppelganger of my sisters. I thought, this is like such an she needed to tea this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I had to question, Like, Zay is definitely one of the characters where you don't get to know a lot about him in this context, and in the six episodes we get we don't have a lot of time with him. But I felt like this was a really important scene because.
Speaker 1: He she needed to hear this.
Speaker 2: She did, and he has that response of like, this isn't my sister and actually it's this spectful to kind of yeah, tend it is, which I thought was a really interesting and like normal response.
Speaker 1: That's a normal person response.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normal person response that we haven't seen yet.
Speaker 1: So Zay throws the watch AT's feet and just storms off. At gang headquarters, Zeke is getting to work now, getting his like tech operation up and running. At the pizza base. He shaves his head and Slug helps him install like all the nude like neuralink stuff, and as Zeke screams in horrifying pain, Parker that tells the gang that their next job is killing reread uh. Oh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back with episode five, and we're back. Natalie is hanging out in the suit watching the video that opens the series, watching the rest of the video where we get more of that conversation. It's, you know, re Re and Natalie just talking about their lives. Natalie is learning more about herself, She's learning more about re Re. Uh and I found myself wondering if she was wondering now like am I Natalie? Like yeah, it's how I felt like, am I this person?
Speaker 2: Like what do I have to be this person? Do I need to understand this? Or yeah, it's really really interesting.
Speaker 1: But before she can really get too far down that road, she's ambushed and captured by Slug in the suit. So she's in the suit, captured by Slug. He'ses like this big magnet to capture. Re Re and Zelma are at White Castle, and Zelma is showing re Rely sketches of Dormamu and saying like this is who you're up against, Like this is who probably created that, and this is he's really powerful. Here's what happened in Doctor st Range The first movie with commerce, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kill me about that? Like that also, like do you know their name? Dropping the mad to Michaels Celia give everybody thinks about anymore. I was like, you know what, good for you, Zelma, you've been keeping up on You'll love the Zelma. Zelma and Kamalakon definitely friends on like the Wikis the superhero Wikis because she knows that stuff.
Speaker 1: She knows her all her Phase two stuff, and so Zelma is is like listen. Parker is definitely like under the thrall of Dormmu and dor Mamu or whoever is controlling him. One does not care about Parker. He is just a means to an end, just a tool, and like you're gonna have to like kind of eliminate Parker and is like what what does that mean? And Zella's like you're gonna have to kill this guy, like he'll have to die. And before re Re can really process this, the gang comes into White Castle. It's the siblings and is like, Zelda, get out of here. This is none of your business. Even though I'm like re Rey, you don't have your suit and Zella could probably help, like why are you sending Zelma away. Anyway, Alma has been the most helpful person in this situation. I think couldn't she just like put you in a different dimension would have been a good yeah.
Speaker 2: Like just likes. I think Re's big lesson she has to learn in this is like not to do everything by herself. So I'm just sad the nature of it. But I was also like, keep Zelma please because I love Alma and also she could help you.
Speaker 1: So it's the siblings. There is a really fun fight like across the White Castle. Real is all the while trying to call Natalie, but Natalie is not answering because we know Natalie has been captured in the suit. Just when you think the siblings are gonna take down, really, she uses her smarts and the shield that's in Za's watch to trap them like in this.
Speaker 2: She throws it at them and when they shoot the gun, boom, it pops up and blocks the bullet. Nice, very smart, also well established without exposition because of the sequence with the mom just good, good word, good luck.
Speaker 1: This is a in a lot of ways. I think four is the best episode, but five has my favorite moments because I love this showdown with the gang Now it's clown. Clown is outside and is like, you're gonna have to get through me now.
Speaker 2: Also really fun crazy character work being done by the acts who plays Clown, Like, I want to see more of.
Speaker 1: That clouds, you know, a lot of personality from down Yes, yes, I feel it.
Speaker 2: I need to see them again. I am enjoying it.
Speaker 1: While that is happening, Natalie is in the van driven by Slug and is like trying to work out, like how am I going to get out of this magnet thing? So she pulls out like a circular saw, one of the pizza circular saws that every suit has to have.
Speaker 2: The pizza also has one of those, like you it.
Speaker 1: Must have the pizza circuit. So uh, you know, Really is fighting with Clown and is telling her listen, I didn't mean to kill John. That's a flat out lie, but also I respect it. Clown is, you know, stalking re Re across the White Castle. It's very much like the lasts the Raptor scene in in Jurassic Park crossed with the Last of Us creature like a boss scene. So Real smarts Clown with this kind of like gas canister cannon that she makes and then gets it. Now she's running down the street. Slug sees her to run her down in the van, but before she can, Natalie has popped out of the magnet and she suits re Re up just in time, and the van like gets crushed and Slug gets thrown. And now our heroes are suited up and it looks like they're gonna win this one. Nat and Reary are arguing about whether or not she's human.
Speaker 2: This is what I mean. Look at how good they was so well set for success, but they just need to do some quiet and have this conversation.
Speaker 1: They can't have this conversation. It turns out Natalie was really hurt by what Zay said, which is like, listen, Natalie, you need to really sit with what this person who was the brother of the person you are based on. You need to really fit and process the emotions that he's having and then not making it about yourself because that's toxic and not what we need right right now. So but then the suit malfunctions and re re crashes and it's because of Zeke, and it's Zeke is here, his his he's all powered up with his new neuralink tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, by the way, I just want to like shout out the fact that, like so in the comics, right, Zeke has like many of his own suits. Yeah, I love that. In this show they were like, re Re is the one who needs a good looking suit, and she gets it. That's one of my favorite moments, honestly in recent MCU stuff. Is in is in the next episode with the suit. But I will just say, like I love that they were like, Okay, how can we save some money. Just stick some little stickers on it, little stickers on him, and he's fine. And I appreciate that because, you know what, he doesn't need a nice looking suit. Re Re does. So.
Speaker 1: Re Re is horrified by what Zeke has apparently done to himself with Parker's help, and she tries to get Zeke to stand down by being like, listen, it's all my fault. Okay, it's my fault that you got put in jail. It's my fault that you're now working with Parker. I am going to take full responsibility and fix it. I promise. And Zeke's like, it's too late for that. And by the way, I'm too strong for you now. You can't do anything. Hew. He basically just like powers down her suit easily peels her out of it, like peeling an orange.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: When you're thinking, oh, now he's going to kill her, he's like, now get out of town.
Speaker 2: Yes I go again, another great, unexpected, kind of wonderful character. Yes we get we will get to see more of it here, but like what a Zeke's palace. Now, Like he's like Palpatine. That's he's just.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a knockoff Palpatine, I crossed with lawnmower Man. So he's like, listen, get out of town before Parker finds out that I let you live, and that's it. Get out of here. This is a moment of tenderness and kindness. Yeah, so he just like leaves her and the suit just like all mangled in the street. Mom lets really absolutely have it. When she gets home and is like, you're not you're not telling us what's going on, and clearly this is very serious. But Ory's like, listen, not now, I need your help, and she can tell that. You can see that Rory's banged up, has been in a fight, and Mom like really gives her some like important truths right now. It's like, listen, you're obsessed with your suit. To an unhealthy degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You know why, And then Rory says, because, like I want to make sure what happened to Dad and Natalie never happens to anyone else. That's why I want to like create this technology that protects people and protects my loved ones. And I'm also going to help people who are in that situation. And Natalie is like, I we need to leave Chicago right now. It's too dangerous for us here. But then Mom convinces re Read to stand and fight. This I didn't love and kind of it's it comes back to my thing of at some point we read like needs to like stand up and make a choice. She does eventually make a choice, and it's one that is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will get to that. We will see, we will see if the choice gets made also as well. Like I would say, I also my biggest feeling about this conversation is like I just and there's a lot of stuff actually in this episode that I just wish we'd got to, like episode two. I feel like I feel like that would have set Rea up in a better situation to be able to make the choice to kind of go and fight. But I get it. It's kind of this. It's meant to showcase like who re Re listens to, and like this connection between her and my mom.
Speaker 1: Her create this feeling of this community that like is lifting her up. And I get that. I just wish it would have provided her with a little bit more agency. See they go to the garage. Mom convinces that, or at least tells her that the bad things that have happened to you, to us, to this family are One they are things you have to accept. They happened. They happened, and you have to accept it. And two you have to also accept that they molded you and made you what you are, Like your genius, your suits, all of these things that you're so passionate about are part they come from this, Like they are part of this, So we need to accept these things. We see this really kind of touching moment where Dad is letting Rereno that she's being a little bit obsessive about like her work and the things she's the things she wants to do, her inventions, et cetera. She's stressing herself out. It's something that I think, to your point, it would have been nice to have earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because also the message is really great where it's kind of like it's very important to see this, like showing this and that is also going like, hey, remember you actually like don't need to only think about the bad stuff, like you actually need to focus on why we need to care about this and this relationship you had with him. And again, I feel like that would have been a great earlier kind of introduction to build out her life with Gary a little bit more. And we got it a little bit, but I would have loved to see some more of this. Also, Uh again, can I just put this out there please? Another thing really living billions on the ground. Tony Stark tried to do a version of this. We saw him do it where he sees his parents. It didn't even look this cool. You could do this. You can do this in a better way than Tony Stark. You already have this, babe, Babe. You could literally just no need to do thet and a holographic like vacation. It's like fucking total reco shit without a horrible surgery like this is. You have the technology, You and Natalie could be making a lot of money, baby.
Speaker 1: That's right. We also get this wonderful other flashback where we see how the iron Heart name kind of came about where a wrench fell on Rey's head and Dad christens the wrench iron Head gives her and gives her the nickname. Ironhead is moved by all of this, but like the question remains, like how can we fight back against Parker? Her suits wrecked? And Mom's like surprise, guess what? Look outside and there is the Baracuda muscle car that Dad gave her. That's a beauty, Like is it condition?
Speaker 2: I'm like the mumboy back in that condition? Like again, do you need to do the hest? I feel like that money dollars? I know. I'm like who did you buy it back from him? Like did real salad? That looks stunning.
Speaker 1: So now they're going to get back to work and they're going to use this car as the basis for a new suit. Back at Pizza HQ, Parker is like thrilled with the way the re retakedown went because she's dead, right, and Zeke's like, yeah, she did one. She is dead. I killed her very clear that Parker who listened, he knows about lies because he's dealing with some very powerful demonic liars, and he says, you know what this story lacks it lacks drama, and he's basically saying like, I don't believe you. Clown then fills in the blanks. It's like, well, listen, Rey was kicking all of our asses, but then Zeke shows up, he destroys her suit and then kills her and it was awesome. And then Parker's like, okay, yeah, that was better.
Speaker 2: And trusted in that choice as well. I think it's because I think that Clown understands more now what Jonathan was really like. She re re revealed to Clown that Jonathan had or had Stuart killed or did kill Stuart. RP Eric Andre, You're in the show for far too short, but I was happy to see you and uh yeah. And so Clown is like, okay, well I need to find out more about this. So that's how she kind of gets Zeke. Like why she gets Zeke on side? I think I thought that was a great money.
Speaker 1: I agree. So Parker now is really trying to sell Zeke on joining the gang on a permanent basis, but Zeke's like, I did this one job and I'm out. That's it. I don't want goodbye. I'm leaving. Zay at home is listening to music, but then his headphones dies, so he picks up the box of the you know, the gift headphones that had given him and with that crime money, with the crime money, the blood money, blood money, and then it comes with a little card with a Star Trek symbol on it and some nice words that Relyhead writes to him that we don't know what they are. In that moment back of the garage, Real is like prepping her materials. Landen shows up and is like, Babe, you owe me six hundred dollars. I will help you, but like you got, you're gonna have to pay up. Yeahs is gonna have to get paid to this child.
Speaker 2: Now, can you please pay this child because we know now that you have a law of money. Yeah, I mean he's money floating around, Babe, she has to.
Speaker 1: I mean that's not even counting the ten grand that Parker gave her on day one, like finders fee money, like before the money from the heist. We're rolling in, so pay this trust. Yeah. So re re Is is in the middle of one of those wonderful Tony Stark is freaking out moments, you know where like the genius is like losing it. We can't. How are we gonna possibly? And then it comes to her she knows now what she has to do. If Parker's power comes from a magical dimension, she's going to have to discover where that dimension is and cut the source of the power. At Pizza HQ, new heist planning is underway. Clown. Then out of nowhere comes up and is like, you killed Stuart, didn't you? Parker? Mister the hood, look at this. I've got the autopsy report. It shows and according to this evidence that I have found, you lied about what happened to Stuart.
Speaker 2: You killed him, didn't you?
Speaker 1: And it's very circumstantial. But also of the entire gang is like, you know what, it seems like something you would do, Parker. And now he's like hearing voices. More of the voices are getting louder, and Parker's like, you know what, You're all.
Speaker 2: Fired, that's it. And from the gang about he's like really yeah.
Speaker 1: And this turn is so funny to me because the entire gang was like very very upset that Parker murdered their friend Stuart aka Rampay.
Speaker 2: They're so much more upset about being fired in the moment, What the fuck? Come on?
Speaker 1: It is so funny. Zelma then arrives at the Gang to help the whole gang show.
Speaker 2: I love the time she shows up. I just like I'm like, I'm loving it. Where's my strange Academy show. She is even now.
Speaker 1: Much more like very very sure that this power that the Hood has is coming from Dormoum. But she's like less sure than she was previously. It's like forty seven percent, not even a coin flip, but like reasonably sure. Zay then shows up with coffee and they talk about Natalie and really says, well, yeah, like, let's it's not Natalie, but it's my perceptions of her. And and he's like, listen, we need to have the bigger Natalie talk. Okay, but not now. Let's you need help with this. And until that is done, we can table the Natalie stuff. But that's an important conversation to have later. Let's get down to business. So they're constructing. We get a wonderful construction montage where they're building the suit and Zelma's painting ruins on the building.
Speaker 2: And that sequence with Zelma is like sitting on the ceiling and she's like yeaning the ruins and you see her upside down. It's so cool. Also, all the Zelma stuff is very runaways coded like its year is very much like that, which was such a great early kind of introduction to the MCU. It's good stuff. I mean, this is the this is the this is the rumor Williams.
Speaker 1: Builders in a garage of scrim up boxs.
Speaker 2: Like you're literally looking at it and you're like, babe, if Mit kicked you out. They are so dumb, let them be plagiarizing, like this is you literally built this with a car and you just turned it into like really sick looking, very sick looking suit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So back in Evanson, Zeke is getting ready to move out of town. But when But when Heather across the street, the mean, the terrible neighbor, Heather pushes a little too far with a comment about Zeke's dad, Obadiah l Rip. Zeke kind of flips out a little bit, and he's about to like wreck her flowerbed, like for real and forever with his little Palpatine powers. But then they sat out. And why do they fritz out? It's because Parker, we find out, completely controls all of Zeke's bionics, Like like Zeke is merely a passenger in his own body now, and Parker makes Zeke come with him and they break into the mansion from the cold open of the episode where we saw the flashback of Jonathan and Parker and they get in there and they're gonna apparently steal some stuff that they didn't manage to steal in that flash in the in the original heist with Jonathan, Parker and Hood is making Zeke like take out the security guys and he's doing it with ease. They're just like messing him up. It's actually kind of funny with yeah, with Zeke saying like, I'm so sorry about this, like I can't I can't control.
Speaker 2: That's very fun. Also, I liked that we did get like a tease that this was gonna happen, because when Slug was like reformatting and kind of upgrading the bionics, we got this moment where he Parker like snuck over and basically was like, make me the administrator, And I'm like, I love the idea. It's like, yeah, making the administrator of this guy's sick palpatine powers. But yeah, again, Alden and Parker Hare are really good. Also, I loved Olden and she Calay in that moment, I was kind of hre they would get more. Those two had really fun chemistry. But yes, what is why why are they breaking into his house? What do they want? Jason?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, we figure out that the guy it's it's the classic Parker thing, where sign this, sign this extortion contract and give us the show jobs, et cetera. But we find out that this businessman that lives in this home is Parker's dad, dog and apparently a really terrible dad who Parker's like, you threw me out of the house when I was a cue, threw me out into the streets, and I fucking love the dad's response is so good, it's so buying.
Speaker 2: I was fucking howling the dead. This delivery is so good. It is so good.
Speaker 1: I was howling. Parker is like venting all of this deep, deep emotional trauma, like basically child abuse, child neglect. You threw me out on the streets. I had to figure out my own way out on the streets by myself as a child. And Parker's dad is like, yeah, okay, he's didn't like you.
Speaker 2: He's like, I didn't like you, so I didn't like you. Like tis no point in you know you did. Okay, yeah that was and look at you now you did.
Speaker 1: You did fine, so you're welcome. I guess, well, just like I was fucking howling.
Speaker 2: Also, I have to say, like the dad thing is really funny because the dad just casually had security going around that could just like kill a guy. But then his like busted ass son comes in with his little magical guns in his hood and suddenly the dad's just like, yeah, okay, here's here's the house. Take it. But I like the idea that the dad's probably like, yeah, you can take this fucking shitty mansion. I got like an island, and here's what You're never come in here, my annoying twelve You know, do you remember that? Remember that tweet from many years ago. It's one of my favorite tweets civil Time, where the guy's like, oh, people are always like being mean to deadbeat dads, but they never talk about what if the kid had bad vibe? Yeah? You know what I mean? This is the dad was like that dad was like I didn't like you, so I kicked you.
Speaker 1: So then Parker makes the dad sign, you know, puts the gun to his head. It's like I'm gonna blow your brain's out sign this. He kicks the dad out of his own home and sits in his chair. It is in his desk in his uh, you know, wonderful office. That's it. At the garage. We're putting the finishing touches now on the iron Heart armor. Zelma imbues the suit with some magic, which is so cool. This.
Speaker 2: I also love this because basically, like this is kind of really bringing together what how how she like the person she's fighting in Parker and also like what she can bring to the suit. And I just I thought this was such a cool twist. I did not see it coming. I love the idea of this magic impute suit. The way they bring it to life when we get to see it is like, so so, so cool. But then Zelma did tell us, Alma said she's always a cost she she did tell.
Speaker 1: Her there's gonna be a there's gonna be a downside, whatever it is. We don't know what it is. And guess what it is. There's too much with the magic in the suit. There's not enough bandwidth for Natalie and the magic. And Natalie is like, oh no.
Speaker 2: No, it begins to be arranged. You're telling me a race on a USB drive, like how she trapped in that suit. You didn't time machine back her up? Come on, are yours? You don't have like a hard you know, solid state hard drive while you keep your movies like you carry your friend on that. This is a absolutely rookie mistake. Also, Natalie has so much power to be like moving around to control the suit. This is hard to buy. But it's really to do with magic. The truth is she could have done all that stuffs magic.
Speaker 1: Every version of it's a magic issue.
Speaker 2: Every single version of Natalie would be gone because this is the cost of the suit.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and then we'll be back with the finale of iron Heart.
Speaker 2: We're back, okay.
Speaker 1: The finale iron Heart season one, after escaping from the heist on his dad's house the first time with Jonathan Parker runs into a tunnel spooking man.
Speaker 2: Yes, he meets a mysterious looking man who is basically Robert Denara from Angel Hot. This is so so Louis Seifer. You couldn't need and I love everything, the long hair, the fish, it's so much of his vibe is about eating like devourys. Yes, yes, it's O's Cipher from age one. I love this because also the Pizza Place seems like a magical dimension that Maso chooses to I mean, not that we don't know it's him yet. Guys, you won't hear the name until the end of the episode. I was like logging him. One I want to give. I want to give the writers, the people who were working on this. I know you guys working on this since COVID when those conversations were happening, and I want to say good for you for actually making this cannon because if they had not done this at this point and it had been another tease, people would have been so pissed off. But I actually think the way they do this is so it so it was well done. Yeah, fun, it's weird. And yes, so the Pizza Place I am interested in because I'm like, okay, so that is Parker's HQ. But it's also a magical dimension where Mephisto is, Like, I really want the canon of the Pizza Place to become important to Mephisto's law because I think he's so interesting, but he basically like also, I like knowing that Pa is just like oh yeah, the Pizza Place and the tunnel like it's canonical.
Speaker 1: Now that Mephisto has a pizza place.
Speaker 2: Mephisto's pizza, they bad be doing a pop up of that San Diego Marvel, take that idea, We'll be that.
Speaker 1: So Mephisto makes the pitch over pizza and is like, I'm very powerful. Watch this. He stops the flow of time in the pizza place, just basically stops reality, and Parker's blown away. And now Mephisis is like, listen, what do you want? Like what when you what do you really want? I mean, what is the desire that you is so powerful and so wrong that you would never admit it to anybody.
Speaker 2: Don't just tell a stranger. That, by the way, bad thing to tell a stranger, honestly. But also I actually thought this moment was very heartbreaking because the reason Mephisto stops time is he sees that Parker is getting distracted by looking at a family and kind of this family having this really nice interaction, And the real truth is that's what he wants, and that's kind of what he built with the gang. But instead, you know, Mephisto, as is the nature of the manipulator, and we talk there's a lot of manipulation. In this show, a lot of talk about manipulation, and it's kind of all leading to Mephisto's arrival. Mephisto manipulates that into something that is more cold, more hard coded, more corrupting, because that's what he does. And this is just such a funny, like the whole thing is really funny, but in a way that works because that is how it is in the comics. And Mephisto kind of gets him to this place where he's like, yeah, you want to be king, Sure, you want to have power. Sure, Mephisto gives him the Mephistos doesn't even give him the hood. That's my fa thing. He just like leaves it there. He's like yeah, He's like oh yeah, yeah, He's like, uh, you know, if you want it, like that's yours. He's like, no, that's not mine, that's yours, and I love it. So don't take the mystery hood from the mystery Man. In the Mystery Pizza Shop, though, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: The party is like, yeah, I want to be king, and Mithistle's like, well, your highness, I'm not gonna make you king, but I'm gonna give you the tools to become king.
Speaker 2: Because you can do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Like he's a little self help guy back at his new mansion, his dad's mansion that is now his hood, is making Zeke eat breakfast, which is just like.
Speaker 2: One again older and you're hilarious two heartbreaking because he's God, he's gotten rid of this found family. He's got the thing that he wanted, which is his father's well. But like you have to force someone to be there with you, eating alongside you. It's really great, very funny homage to the bat the really famous Batman eighty nine sequence where Michael Keaton and vickyll are eating at the ends of the other table. The food is like annimal level food styling, Like who is still in this house making that for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who's cooking?
Speaker 2: Literally, I'm like, I know this show is not going to be in little wards conversation because it's not how it is for super show is old. I'm like, give this man like a supporting he was really doing the most.
Speaker 1: It was really funny, funny, brought a wonderful like lightness to this.
Speaker 2: Role, even though the role is like really sad and also could be a bit like I think it could feel a little bit repair of like an extremist kind of situation, but instead he makes it his total own thing. You root for him, and you find yourself against Parker, and you do imagine other worlds are the spaces where maybe there's a version where him and Rely in the future, could you know, work together or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could really see that, like kind of creating the alliance between Stark and Stain that exactly, you know, like putting away the conflicts of their previous like generations.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things, I wish there was more time to explore in that show. In the show, I think that that is so good in him and Dominique Thorn are so good together, and I'm so interested in that relationship and what it means to be the legacy mantle holder, Like aren't these the questions that we should be asking in the newis post endgame phases of the MCU, Like they're onto something there and I want to see more of that. But at the moment, Zeke is just start eating like weird cuisine, not even delicious Chicago dog or something easy like edible flowers. You know.
Speaker 1: So Parker is like, I know you didn't kill re Rea, what's up with that, and then Zeke tries to stab Parker with a fork, but you know, Parker easily freezes Zeke's the body. They then they argue, and Parker realizes that he's actually he needs to be doing something, but we don't know what it is. Right now, Parker is back, He's now tattooing himself and he's thinking about the deal he made with Mephisto. Reary, meanwhile, is at the garage and is trying to get Nat back, but there's no backup, there's no other file. Zay is like, many, I'm really sorry, but he's like the anxiety loves it.
Speaker 2: He's like this, he's so so bad for you that this happened. But also like, get rid of that fucking zomba my sister, you motherfucker, Like get that ship got.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, you're hurt, but this is good. Actually we should just all move on from this. Is like, I'll use magic to get her back. Babe, babe, babe, come on, hood is you know yelling at Mephisto. He's he's he's increasingly unhappy with the way this deal has turned out. Mephisto picks up and is he's English now, and.
Speaker 2: Yes, very funny accent work here from Sasha Baron Cohen, like he's he's going between like Cockney English and this kind of like double layered voices that they they do. When he kind of reveals who he is and yeah he but Parker is like, Babe, you should have known you're not You're not in control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Memphisto just big dogs, Parker on all your power comes from me. Now you're gonna you're gonna try and challenge me with that power. Meanwhile, re rearrives on the scene. Zeke steps out to happin kind of delay Rere and she realized immediately like he's not in control of his movements, and he's like, yeah, I'm not in control of any of this.
Speaker 2: They fight Palpatine powers. He's electric shocking her all over the place. It's very old school. I kind of love how much it looks like watching like an old Star Wars movie. Like they did not they spared some expense on his powers, and I'm okay with it because it works with.
Speaker 1: The She does some diagnostic work and is like, listen, I figured out how we can reset the the bios in your suit to kick out Parker as the admin in the kernel window. And what I have to do is basically knee you and the balls like as hard as possible, and he's like okay, and so she does it hard. Red sets him really then demands the hood from Parker goes to challenge. Parker's like give me that thing. He is like, why so you can like have it for yourself and like steal my power. And you're a bad person, by the way, if you want to do that, Like you're truly a bad person. That's why you were working with me. Really is like whatever casts a sick rude, like really really cool.
Speaker 2: Just strange coded too, leaning into that kind of Zelma, but with a little bit more of the Red. It's looking very one division. It's looking yes sala, which which we will talk about again and minute. And Parker's basically becoming like a vampire.
Speaker 1: It basically like part of what it does is it like let's us see like what he has truly become now. And he's like very very gross looking.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. For those of you who has not seen the you know, understandable the famed Jared leto Flop Morbius. He does look a lot like Morbius. In this moment. I'm not gonna lie. It's a very similar look. Is he a vampire? I don't know the X Men are coming. Anything could happen, but he's basically demonic, is what we just supposed to tape from it.
Speaker 1: But then the Hood defeats her. He takes her armor apart, He's got his magic guns on her really is begging for her life. But Parker's like, no, babe. He shoots her, but nothing happens because when she casts that room, she put him in a very elaborate hologram. The whole thing is a hologram.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that she rips the Hood off of.
Speaker 1: Him, and Parker cries like a fucking bitch crying about it. He's like an addict who's whose drugs have been.
Speaker 2: Also, I yes, that's definitely the analogy that I didn't realize they were making until we got to this moment. Also, I love that this is like a throwback, and I'm gonna disappoint my Swarzenegger heads here because I do love him. But I cannot recall right now if it's total recall or running man. But this is a direct thing that he does in the third act of one of those movies where he keeps making holograms of himself to like confuse people. So as soon as I saw this, I was like, incredible plan. I love that really made the fake hologram of herself and kind of tricked Parker. It's very cool use of the magic powers and the hologram powers, and it kind of shows that blurry line between magic and science that I think is really interesting in the MCU. But yes, I mean great ending. Nothing could go bad after this, right, Like she gets the hood off him, Parker is crying, She's one what could happen?
Speaker 1: Well? Mathista shows up and invites brita pizza, and while they're sitting in this in uh Mephisto's pizza, he starts pitching her on why not accept a little help in the thing that you want? You know, we could take a little shortcut. He we poor Ringo.
Speaker 2: Star about the nicest beetle, like.
Speaker 1: The nicest beetle who is underrated and actually really get good gradimly underrated.
Speaker 2: Also Thomas the tank engine in England, guys, so like, come on we find.
Speaker 1: Out that Stars sold is sold of a pisto to be part of the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Anyway, scandalous.
Speaker 1: He reveals who he is and he says, listen, how about this, I will give you what you really want, Natalie back, And we get this vision of AI Natalie back, But then we realize it's a moment of doubt that is imagining what it could be like if if AI Natalie was back in her life. There were together in the shop and it's all it's wonderful and they're working on stuff together. But really has the strength to say, no, you know what, I reject your gift. But then the fisto ups it and says, okay, but what if I give you the real Natalie back, not the AI Natalie back, actual flesh and blood Natalie Ze's sister Natalie. What about now? And now re resed, we get this vision of them together and it's like, there, it's her. They're back together, and we.
Speaker 2: Know that it's real Natalie. It's because she can touch her which and they they make a big point of people's hands going through the AI. Now, look, I gotta say I should say about this, guys. I mean, you literally just pulled a hood off of a man that made him a cursed vampire. I feel like, do not make a deal with this guy, and I understand. I love my friends. I would do so much for my friends. I love my little sister. There is no ends of the earth I would go to. But I definitely would question whether the best insane choice I can't take back would be to take help from a guy who had literally just given another guy a cursed cloak that made him go crazy. I feel like she's too close to the hood to make this decision.
Speaker 1: So she signs and brings Natalie back and sells her soul for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I do we see that.
Speaker 1: That's where we Leavey Williams's story.
Speaker 2: Do we see her sign or do we just see Natalie come back implying that she signed. She must have signed, right, yeah, I mean it feels like she must have signed, but it could be Mephisto messing with her. I maybe it. Yeah, who oh oh, okay, okay, okay, yeah, oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So okay, so you say.
Speaker 2: That, Okay, So she hugs Natalie. We see that Natalie is real, she's not the AI, and as we see Reeve's hand, we see the spooky red veins. So she dead signed. I'm like, babe, immediately go to Zelma and be like, what is going on? I need to get this all. This was shocking to me. I did not see this coming. Leave my Alma alone, Leave my baby, my sweet baby. She's never done anything wrong.
Speaker 1: In my magic. Parker, now eeling empty and like a husk of himself without his magic, goes to see Zelma and tries to convince Zelma to take him back to where quote the real magic is, and that's where we That was the post credit scene. So that's where season one of Ironheart ends. And Hugh, I mean, this is a I gotta say, I respect it.
Speaker 2: The big swings it.
Speaker 1: It's a big swing. I don't know that it lands all the way, and I think a lot of that has to do with the pacing and the way they set up this this crazy ending. But I love the ambition of this, like this is a This is not in any way where I would have expected me or her story to end with the hero selling her soul, also for bet her friend.
Speaker 2: I believe this is the official end of Phase five too, Yes, which is completely wild, but I kind of love that because it hints that you get this crossover between magic and science in the next kind of thing. I'm very interested as well. The thing I've been really happy with is I feel like something we talked about when we talked about our first couple of the first three episodes, we were just really impressed by the cost and whatever else kind, And I'm really happy to see that people are like, yes, this is a charismatic lead, like we want to see her in more stuff. I love that she's now like magically compromised, like is Mephisto gonna take over that suit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There are so many interesting ways to explore it. And also how does she now explain all of this today to her mum because they will very quickly realize that that's not an Ai, you know, or maybe she appears to them as an AI. I don't know, but this what I will say is this hooked me to want to know more about this, and I am probably more than any other thing that we've gotten. I am left after this wanting this to be the thing they don't raise. I don't want. I mean stuff like that. We know that a lot of that stuff is not going to carry over in the same way. Obviously we've spoken about why Kang is not going to carry over in that way, but this I'm like, don't make this one of those shows where you basically write it out of cannon. Like. I'm loving that this has been actually way more positively reviewed than I first thought it might be when I was watching episodes, So I'm really happy about that. I love where this ends up, and I can't believe it. Guys, it's been like a five year journey, even pre dated me and Jason doing X ray Vision together. Mephisto's finally here. Can you believe it? It took a long time, and I think a well done depiction of Mephisto.
Speaker 1: I think that was really Yes, they're charm in the kind of thing, the way to convince I was. I thought that was well done. I thought that was it was Louis Seiffer from Angel Arpert, you know what. I like that character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. Guess what, Angel, It's one of my favorite movies. So that's okay. Just take a take a little homage, Jason. What are your overall feelings as we leave phase five and head into I guess phase six beginning with the Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right that we're seeing Magic step up to the level of influence in the world. That technology has and that we're going to see clearly the the nexus of those things is going to be crucial in secret wars and doomsday. And I mean that's you know, Doctor Doom in a nutshell is you know, one of the he's simultaneously that one of the.
Speaker 2: Best, such a great point.
Speaker 1: He's one of the best scientists, one of the best, like the users of technology in the world, but also one of the most powerful sorcerers in the world.
Speaker 2: That's a fantastic point. And so bringing those things in.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting and it I think it points to the eventual arrival of Doctor Doom.
Speaker 2: I agree. Also, you know, we don't often look to rotten tomorrow sare but I do have to say currently on iron Heart it is at sixty nine percent on the Rotten tomorrow meat and sixty nine percent on the popcorn metal, which is the audience DA. So you know, I'm going to say as a double nice good for that, double nice, guys nice.
Speaker 1: What do you think of it? What do you think of the show, and what do you think it bodes for the next phase.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I am so glad it was made. I'm glad they took these big swings. I think Dominic Thorn is a star. There's a lot of characters I would love.
Speaker 1: Everybody is off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that episode four is like a very very great episode of TV, and I definitely my fave, even though I love the magic suit stuff in episode five. I want to see Zelma more. I want to know more about the Stantons. I want to know about Strange Academy. Like, if this is the way we're bringing in a new generation of young heroes, I'm here for it. Also, I feel like, you know, it's basically exactly a month as we record this, that not only will we be at San Diego Comic Con, but Fantastic four will be coming out. And I also feel like I don't know what's gonna happen next, you know. I feel like we know that this is a kind of retro futuristic space, but we don't know how it's gonna interact with this. We don't know what Phase five is gonna look like when we enter into that space, and I think that's kind of an exciting and scary place to be. And also, in like two weeks we have Superman, so it's kind of an unprecedented summer. But also you know, Aaron put a good point in the chat, which is like, what if this show came out two years ago? I would have loved that. I think if this show came out two years ago, like directly after Wakanda forever, I think it would have been received even more like popularly, probably because of the more direct connections there. I would have loved to see it. I would have loved to see Magic come in in a way that wasn't the Supreme Strange and all that. But I also understand that may have complicated some of the Wondervision stuff. And then later on the way Wander interacted with Doctor Stranger magic. So I don't know, but I will say that hood costume, that hood hood looks a lot like a combination of Doctor Stranger's cloak and Wonder's kind of suit. So yeah, again, could have been good. Another great point by Aaron. Could have been great to have this before Agatha to kind of expand out this that could have been a bridge between magic and technology, and then Agatha leaning fully into the magic. But yeah, honestly, I am excited for what comes next, and I'm excited to be chopping it up with you because it's gonna be crazy once once we see Super Matt, It's gonna be crazy summer.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow and X ray Vision's Popcorn pop out. We're breaking down Jurassic World rebirth.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Whoo. I love Jurassic Park. I can't believe that that's another thing we get this summer? What Summer?
Speaker 1: X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent, Dean Johnson and Fay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.