Speaker 1: The following. He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 3: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six past second.
Speaker 5: Pascot Tixis contents, touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: It is still a victory Monday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by a Black rightfle Coffee Company as thanks Giving, David belongs to Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yet again they feasted on the Giants.
Speaker 2: Whether it's twenty seven, twenty beat Down and week number thirteen of the NFL season, they still are celebrating a victory back to back wins for the Cowboys as they improved to five and seven.
Speaker 7: Welcome in, everybody, Glad you're with us.
Speaker 2: We got Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tany Yarsh, Chris.
Speaker 3: Beam in the back eye Am, Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 7: It was a sweet holiday weekend. It was great, Dude. I had some pumpkin cheese cheesecake.
Speaker 2: You did have some pumpkin cheesecat somebody made it of course we're working on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I had no idea what.
Speaker 2: The spread was gonna look like. And we hosted and so like my wife and the babies and everybody was there. And then as soon as I walked in the door, she goes by the way, we have leftovers. I was like, nice, and she was like, and there's pumpkin cheesecake. And I was like, there's what I was like.
Speaker 7: It was delicious.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic, and it was even sweeter after the twenty seven twenty Cowboys went over the Giant.
Speaker 1: Too straight, too straight at four days, don't call it a wins, got two division wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're three and one against the division we were.
Speaker 8: So it's kind of unfair that we get to like celebrate two wins in like four days.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, it's kind of unfair.
Speaker 7: Well, we were waiting. Unfair. We were waiting for three days beforehand to celebrate. I think four days that was.
Speaker 1: That was not un affair, screw fair.
Speaker 9: And it is especially an extra sweeter victory Monday for one Texas Longhorn, who did not who did not need eight overtimes.
Speaker 7: That is true.
Speaker 1: Three words never adount.
Speaker 7: I think there was more than one.
Speaker 1: Never Georgia almost with the upset Babe shouts out to Georgia Tech Hey, and North Texas is going bowling after they started five and one, went to five and six and yeah, congrats. But seriously, this Rivalry Week was wild. Talk about Michigan and Ohio State. This is just across the board man rivalry. It's crazy, and of course it had to be us that jumped it off with the maze wild close.
Speaker 3: Don't transition into the NFL the same way.
Speaker 1: They don't know. It's just not like that, not like that.
Speaker 8: My college is just facing a terrible, terrible lawsuit. So that the artist institutes of Dallas, well, talking about.
Speaker 4: Rivalry Week, they're not considered fraudulent.
Speaker 7: Artists Ballas against the State of Texas.
Speaker 4: There are frauds in a different type of way.
Speaker 7: Oh, they're facing to Texas. Just not the University of Texas, No, just.
Speaker 1: The state, the states, the state general. No Georgia, Georgia Texas Part two. Yeah, see, you can't do it'll be.
Speaker 7: A fun one, all right.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys went over the Giants and what they did on Thursday, I think it falls into the category.
Speaker 1: But we got to get the bad news out the way. What's that? We we lost some more guys.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to get into that first.
Speaker 1: I mean I was gonna so we can get back to the goods and stay on the Oh okay, so you want to start with the Yeah, I need, I need. Let's get some news.
Speaker 4: Cowboys hosted by Patrick.
Speaker 1: I don't want us to get good into talking about the good stuff and then have to interrupt the good stuff with the bad so bad news. As as everyone knows who's been following the Cowboys news and broke the news on Friday, I want to say, per stevehn Jones to one O five three the Fan, Unfortunately, the Cowboys have lost cornerback Josh Butler for the season with a torn a cl that will require surgery to repair. And I cannot state enough how much I hate to see that on any player. But you know, coming off of the breakout game that he had, Tommy had an excellent piece on Josh and his journey to this point. And we're not gonna say that Tommy jinks him, because you know, he's Longhorn stuff man. But nonetheless, Josh Butler, heel up hope to see him in twenty twenty five, he showed some great things. A little bit of not good, but much better news for jan Ye. Thomas won Ye was obviously carted off of the field on Thanksgiving. We've all feared the worst case scenario, but as it turns out, it's a moniscus injury. Two to three weeks is the prognosis. So not crazy end of the world there. That's actually great news, all things considered. Tyler guy in not so great news. He has a high ankle sprain now, in addition to the show that he's dealing with. Keep in mind high ankle sprains have notoriously taken guys out for several games. Talk about Michael Parsons. It just put Austin Richards on IR with only five games left. Now you have to wonder what the remainder of the season looks like for Tyler Guyton and just the left tackle position as a whole for the Cowboys. Schoo me Doe gets back. But that's a conversation we'll get into. So we got the bad news out the way, A little bit of better news. As far as wyyas can, he's not done for the season. So now let's get back to the fun stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, So Tyler Gotten's probably the biggest name on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For me, that's your starting left tackle that's already missed some time and hasn't been able to put piece together a steady run of improvement. And he's your first rounder. And I want to see steady runs of improvement and you haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 7: So yeah, best of luck to those guys.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk as we get deeper into the week on whether or not.
Speaker 2: Some of those guys are available and the Cowboys could get some guys back tank with it being an extra take them we want to talk about. Yeah, extra long and many by a week, so you go from Thursday to Monday, you get that extra day snuck in there too.
Speaker 3: So it should be, uh, should be an opportunity for a couple of.
Speaker 2: Guys to get back twenty seven to twenty Cowboys get to win over the Giants. It was you put it into the category of you got the job done, even though it wasn't necessarily pretty, Josh, you found your way.
Speaker 8: It wasn't perfect, no, And I think a big part of that was the offense kind of uttering along as they were right and it was the Giants not putting a stake into the coffin as it were, to kind of get into the game, find a rhythm and put us away.
Speaker 4: But it was the defense.
Speaker 8: I mean, again, what we've talked about the last several weeks is that Mike zimmers figure out a way to get this defense rolling. And Micah even said it in his last availability, is that by the end of the season, you're going to see a Dallas Cowboys that, you know, granted it was a rough go at it rough season, but at the end of the season, you're going to say, this is a damn good defense. You're starting to see that come to fruition, like Mike is. What Mike said is actually, you know, true in a sense, but a big part of it, a big part of that win was the defense and just the confidence that you see kind of exuding off of them, which was tough to see Janie Thomas go down. I thought that was a catastrophic injury. I was like, oh, no, he's done right, thankfully, you know, two to three weeks that's amazing. But obviously a big part of it is the way the defense is rolling at the moment.
Speaker 7: When you said by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: We could call this a pretty damn good defense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what would you call it? Now?
Speaker 3: What would you call this defense as it stands as we go into weekend?
Speaker 8: This defense has an attitude I don't know. I mean the proof is in the pudding, right, Like you see the after every single play that they make. You see the guys galvanizing, You see them rallying around around the defensive players. And then also just the swag that they bring to to each and every play. Right, you have some swag and they're swarming the ball too. They're not missing a lot of tackles. You're not seeing a lot of that now, not just such a problem, which was a problem early in the season. And like the run the most of the season, run defense arguably is getting pretty good. Like compared to how we started off the season, holding Saquand under one hundred yards a couple of games ago, it's starting to look like a pretty stout defense. Granted, the statistics are not on their side because of how how poorly we started the season against the Ravens and then the Saints as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this defense is going to be the staple of this team. Right when you look at the rest of the schedule. If you're going to win these games, it's not going to be because of your offense. In most cases, it's going to be because of your defense. What can they do to limit your opponent and do what they've done the last couple weeks, So we didn't see at the start of the season. Of course turnovers that's been much better the last couple of weeks. What stood out to me the most is Demarvian Overshown is going to be a staple of this franchise for a long time if he keeps playing the way he's playing get you.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: That and the fact that he just gets better and better every time. He's incredible week I talked to I talked a couple of I talked a couple of weeks ago about how he's kind of that newer kind of breed of linebackers who have started playing a position like safety or defensive back, and they've got that speed element to their game and they can still hit you like a linebacker, but they've got that speed element to their game where it's just very difficult to play offense against. So his development is one that you that you love to see. I think the real test for this defense comes on Monday. You know, the Bengals four and eight man, they might be.
Speaker 7: The best four to eight team ever. That's scary.
Speaker 9: That is a fantastic offense. Their defense is just poor.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Their four and eight a whole lot differently than I'm looking at the Cowboys five and absolutely right, I don't absolutely And I get that there's you are who your record says you are.
Speaker 7: There's an element to that.
Speaker 2: But Joe Burrow, if you take him out of context and you throw him on a team that's instead of four and eight, they're they're nine and three. Doesn't even have to be ten and two or at eleven and one. At this point of the season, you put him on a team that's nine and three right now, he's probably the front runner for the MVP. Absolutely, I mean he's been incredible. But they can't stop anybody. You saw that yesterday They gave up twenty seven points to the Steelers in the first half at home, and all all but.
Speaker 9: One of their losses this year are by one ession, all but one of them. Yea, including yes, appreciating so you know this.
Speaker 7: Is an chance, Yes, they did have a they've had a chance.
Speaker 9: A lot of their and it's just that they just can't get over that hump, and a lot of it is because of their defense.
Speaker 7: So and the line, dude, and.
Speaker 9: They're yeah, their old line has been well. They have been missing Orlando Brown for a little bit too, and that's a big part of it at left tackle. And Burrow's to Jamar Chase is thirteen receiving touchdowns at fourteen something like that, and I think he leads the NFL in receiving. So this is going to be the test for me for this Dallas defense, and it's going to be a really fun one because you've got Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase t Higgins and Deron Bland. Jordan Lewis hopefully Trayvon Diggs is back, so that's going to be a really fun battle to watch. And this is the game where Dallas proves to us that they are a damn good defense. If they play well, if they can limit Joe Burrow Jamar Chase t Higgins in that offense, then that shows me, hey, this is a defense that has evolved and they've gotten to that point where you can say, yeah, this is a really good defense.
Speaker 1: I like the description damn good. I don't know that they're not elite right now because for me, his full body of work. But when you look at how they're turning the levers now, how they're pulling the levers now. Where they weren't getting takeaways, now they're getting takeaways. They weren't getting pressure on the opposing quarterback, they're now getting pressure on the opposing quarterback.
Speaker 3: Mikeel helps a lot.
Speaker 1: Mikeel helps a lot. But now keep in mind, before Michael got hurt, they still had struggles getting after the opposing quarterback. But now he's back, he's rejuvenating. He's rejuvenated the defense. He in combination with the Marrionovi shown they have those two that combo have a stip, established an identity with this with this defense, And like Josh said, swagger is a good word to look at it. Attitude is a good word to use for those guys. But now, like Tommy said, you're going up against the Bengals team and I agree with the whole heartedly. Kyle. I know shouts out to Tuna, you are what your record says you are, but contextually that doesn't seem to fit the Bengals. Their last three losses, they scored thirty four points, twenty seven points, and then thirty eight points in a loss against the Steelers. They can rack it up. So it gives me confidence in this defense is seeing what I saw against the Washington Commanders. Outside of that big play to Terry McLaurin laid in that game, they came in. They walked into Northwest Stadium and shut down the front runner for Rookie of the Year and Jaydon Daniels. And outside of that play with Terry McLaurin, they shut down McLaurin. Noah Brown was having a career season. Josh Butler shouts out to Josh Butler strapped him completely. They bottled up Austin Eckler kept him from being a receiver right of the backfield. Robinson had some injury issue. He was back and forth, but when he was on the field, wasn't tearing off big runs on the ground. So this defense is doing great things. And then when you look at what they were able to do against the Giants. Granted the Giants are not world leaders, but what they did was show me something I needed to see before that game. I said, well, the Cowboys had five sacks last November against Tommy DeVito, and they had all these quarterback pressures, but only one guy who contributed to that, Mazzie Smith, is still in the current roster. The active roster, should say, needed to see the new cast of characters, plus Michael who was going to produce that. Yeah, okay, well, how to six sacs and fourteen quarterback prissures? Okay, you will take it. How about five QB hits for Carl Lawson alone?
Speaker 7: Dude, he was awesome.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk about an under the radar player, Yes, of this Cowboys team, and we talked about it a tiny bit before Micah got back, but once Michaeh got back, he's taking a step forward because he doesn't have as much attention around him. So he's been really good and the film shows it, the numbers show it. The way that he's making an impact in the run game is significant.
Speaker 7: Hats off to Carl Lawson.
Speaker 2: I think he's done everything in war to prove that he belongs not only on an NFL roster period, but on this Cowboys rosters. He's been a big time step up.
Speaker 8: Did you see the stats compared to Dorn's Armstrong for Carloss? Okay, so Dan Rodgers tweeted this out. Carl Lawson has four sacks, Dorns Armstrong has three. Carl Lawson has thirteen QB hits. Dorn Tom Strong with three mistackles, Carl Lawson zero, dornts Armstrong two Doorns. Armstrong's salary is eleven million dollars. Carl Lawson's is one yea to say, and also half the amount of snaps.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, cowboys are winning the Carl Lawson versus Dorrance conversation. If you're not necessarily yet winning the Carl Lasson versus Dante Fowler conversation, yeah that's a little Biteah, that's a different conversation.
Speaker 7: But if you're winning games.
Speaker 2: I think Carl Lawson is elevated in the way that he's being talked about right now. I think he's the story that Josh Butler is, but just for the defensive line. Maybe not the same complete background, of course, because of Butler's.
Speaker 3: Parents and the dogs and all that kind of.
Speaker 7: The really really cool story there.
Speaker 2: But Lawson in terms of the ex's and O story, he's that guy stepping up for the defensive line.
Speaker 3: It's been fun to watch.
Speaker 1: And then when you have a guy like to marve on overshown making the plays that he's making. Blow up single terry to to disrupt him on that route and then dude, he and then heads up, hands up play, get the hands up, create the tip drill interception, only to chase it down and come down with the interception himself. And oh, by the way, let's go ahead and throw in his first career pick six all on the same freaking plays.
Speaker 7: And that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: How many linebackers in the NFL can make that play.
Speaker 1: Only a couple in San Francisco.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the only one that came to Fred war Fred Warner, maybe Smith could make that play.
Speaker 7: Brokewader could probably do it like that. That that's special stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a couple.
Speaker 7: Guys that special.
Speaker 4: And he's still figuring it out.
Speaker 7: He's getting better every week.
Speaker 1: That's what I say. This is a fact old rookie season. And he also missed time in training camp in preseason with the hip pointer. And we we're talking about him, well, a couple of weeks or so ago, we had already put him in Pro Bowl Air, so that SOLIDI five. But I said, before the end of the season, we might be talking about him in an All Pro conversation. I think if he continues this trajectory this week against the Cincinnati Bengals and then maybe one more, maybe he goes to Carolina and just goes crazy, that has to be an All Pro.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to win some games, I think for him to get the.
Speaker 7: Pro yet. But you're gonna have to get there.
Speaker 1: Give me a couple of weeks. It's possible. Did it right? I mean, it's possible making it, but more edge Rush.
Speaker 4: He's making a name for himself.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: That was a breakout game for him, I think.
Speaker 8: I mean, granted we've seen it before, but uh, just a forty one point two million people.
Speaker 7: Yeah deal.
Speaker 1: You know what I love about the growing relationship between the Marveon and Michaeh is that Michah continues to give him this praise, but there's always this tinge of competitive Oh right, so he's like, oh yeah, he reminds me of someone not quite yet though he's not quite a number eleven. So I'm like, yeah, this is funny to see that back and forth because it shows that those two are growing a brotherhood. And I love the tweet that Michael put out when he said for years to come. With that picture of Demarveion and him celebrating, hint, Michael wants to stay at Cowboys for the rest of his career. Who make it happen?
Speaker 7: You want you want to poke the Yeah, give me the room.
Speaker 1: You up there. Keep those two guys together, and your defense has between those two guys and Digs is already in the contract locked up. If you can go ahead and lock up Bland and keep Jordan Lewis on a multi year deal and then just re up in the draft and man, that defense can be something. It could be something special, regardless of who's coordinating that defensive talent wise, could be something.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the offense though, because we're going into these five games. Tommy brought it up. There are some good offenses on the docket. You've got the Bengals who can score. Two weeks from now, you have the Buccaneers who can score. You've got the Philadelphia Eagles, we know what they can do later in the month, and then the Washington Commanders to round out this final five games stretched Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Brice is coming a little.
Speaker 3: Starting to figure it out a little bit too.
Speaker 2: So with all of that being said, you're going to have to score points even if your defense plays better than you anticipate.
Speaker 3: There are there's got to be points from somewhere in this name of the game.
Speaker 2: So offensive side, are you having any concerns with the way that it pitter patterned in that game against the Giants? And do you feel like there's a corner being turned on a certain member of that Cowboys offense. I'll tell you who when we come back right after this with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up.
Speaker 7: A bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 11: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 2: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today. Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 12: Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty min else for But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 3: Fast reliable, secure.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for dy deals.
Speaker 14: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 15: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 1: Be beat better.
Speaker 15: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 7: To talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Numb Numbs, so good.
Speaker 2: Quaker Oats in the morning, listening to some talking Cowboys with a little bit of Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 4: Use the Quaker code in the corner for buying your oats on the internet.
Speaker 2: Bang sick, bang bang sick. All right, let's get into the offense Cowboys offense. I thought the way that Josh outlined it in that first segment was kind of interesting.
Speaker 7: Sputtered.
Speaker 2: Sputtered, It's just kind of would have felt like twenty one to thirty six Cooper rush passing one hundred and ninety five yards through the air.
Speaker 3: He had a touchdown and had an eighty two quarterback rating.
Speaker 2: He had Cavante Turpin lead the team in receiving, oddly enough, four receptions for fifty three yards. Seed Lamb didn't do much two receptions on six targets thirty nine yards.
Speaker 4: He saw his shoulder was it was bothering. OK, yeah, but but a couple drops to him.
Speaker 2: You know who didn't sputter in the middle of this game because they stuck with him on the ground.
Speaker 7: His name is.
Speaker 3: When the passing game doesn't have it, you know who does.
Speaker 2: His name is Rico doubto Toutle finishes with twenty two carries.
Speaker 1: Twenty two tots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who happened?
Speaker 1: That happened?
Speaker 7: And he carries the ball twenty two times.
Speaker 2: There's no way he has a high average, Tommy, There's no way he carries it for effective runs.
Speaker 9: It's it's almost like he's been averaging four four and a half yards of carra.
Speaker 7: So weird here's the way he went about that.
Speaker 3: You know what he did. He went five points one yards per carrying.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, Kyle oh.
Speaker 7: No, a buck twelve on the ground rushing.
Speaker 4: You love to see it.
Speaker 2: First one hundred yard rushing game of his career and he had this first rushing touchdown of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: So couple of firsts for our man.
Speaker 4: Let's go, dude.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: Funny how that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you give him the rock and you win football games.
Speaker 8: You just shocker, you decide on the back and you just keep giving it till now.
Speaker 2: Almost like there was this podcast that starts at nine am Monday through Friday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, talking about that further.
Speaker 1: But you know what, this training camp, since training camps, could have been a one fifty tour, one touchdown guy if they didn't put him on a milk cart in the second point. Yeah, So and that that was my only that. I mean, that was much to mushag Grin. You see him tearing.
Speaker 3: He thought he was banged up.
Speaker 11: Was not.
Speaker 1: It was like, Wow, they just they just got away from what was working and didn't get back to it until.
Speaker 9: The third He had eight for fifty until the last three drives of the first half and then did not get a single carryer, so they tried to sabotage it. And you know, the thing is, what what the trend that has been when they give him carries and then they turn away from it. The answer has been, well, it's because we're getting behind in games, and you know, we feel like we need to throw the ball. You were behind the whole time you were behind. He still got over Hunters, still got that rushing touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 9: But Patrick's right, this could have been could have been a bigger could have been a bigger game for Rico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it oddly enough, and shouts out to Nick Eatman because he brought this up in the press spots conversation and I was having the thought, but I didn't want to say it out loud because I was, you know, trying to figure out why this was happening. But even said that, it's ironic at anyone who was present or watched the Green Bay Packers game. Okay, Cowboys were up in that game. All they had to do was control the clock at that point, not get past heavy and walk away with the win. And McCarthy's return to Green Bay to Lambo Cowboys got away from the run. It allowed Aaron Rodgers and his team to get back his offense to get going. Then you go down, you lose an injury at cornerback, and then the rest is the rest, and you lose that game. After that game, Mike McCarthy was furious. He was pissed, and he basically intimated not so subtly, that the offense needed to stick with the run and not get away from the run. Right that almost happened against the Giants. You almost let this game get away from you because you got away from what was working in ric o'daldo. So let this kind of be a lesson to hand the ball off to what's his name, Rico Swave. So the run is working with Rico, it's been working. Used that to continue to stabilize it, especially when you're in situations where your offensive line may or may not be protecting. But shouts out to the offensive line because they did a damn good job against the Giants front and Dexter Lawrence, and also shouts out to that rookie named Cooper bb. I saw you put Dexter Lawrence, Yeah, he did on the turf. We were just talking about how difficult. Did this even move Dexter Lawrence. He Dexter beat him off. That was that run by Rico. Dexter beat him off the snap, off the snap. Okay, okay, there was a pause. I saw your face. Dexter beat him off the snap. But as soon as Cooper got beat off the snap, he dropped anchor and then pushed back and it broke Dexter down. So that that offensive line, even without Tyler Guy and without Austin Richards, they did a damn good job. And shouts out to Cooper Cooper Rush. I was Cooper BB Cooper Rush. Shouts out to Cooper Rush because when the pressure did come, Rush was pretty solid in that he was eight four eleven against the Blitz with a touchdown and no interception. So when the press sure got back there, he's still student. He delivered. So Brandon Cooks had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 8: He said surprise to Dexter and nailed him to He Dexter several times.
Speaker 1: He dirted Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, right.
Speaker 9: With another good game. He got in a fight on his third play.
Speaker 7: It every time.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: He's like.
Speaker 7: He's our version of college football.
Speaker 1: Rivalry.
Speaker 7: That's what he is planning.
Speaker 2: If he would plan if he could be given a flag to plant a midfield at his home stadium or a road stadium, who cares.
Speaker 1: He's going to do it either way up Pepper Spring and you may not say.
Speaker 7: That's why he wears Yeah.
Speaker 9: So so here's here's the question that I'll post you guys. I know it's early in the week and we're not going to look too much ahead of Cincinnati yet, but it's like you're looking ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm not Okay, Belichick, are you on the Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Okay, Mike, I'm just saying great coach though, Oh it's long hoarded Spice. We have talked about this, this offense and from what you've seen from this offense the last couple of weeks. In a game like Cincinnati, where their offense is high powered, their defense not so much. If the Cowboys get into a shootout, is that a style of game they can win.
Speaker 1: With this personnel? I'm going to say no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say no, You've got to slow down their offense because that's some level.
Speaker 1: And how do you do that, Kyle?
Speaker 7: Pressure turnovers, let's say.
Speaker 3: And control time of possession. That that's one way your offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run the ball.
Speaker 2: That's the one way I think you do win this game is by continuing to be effective on the ground.
Speaker 7: Yep, you have to.
Speaker 9: That's the only way I think you can win. Got to if you control the clock, if you run the ball with threeco dawdle. If he this is a twenty twenty five carry game for him and he goes over one hundred again, so down the Cowboys win this game on Do.
Speaker 8: You guys like what you're seeing from Jonathan Mingo as far as run blocking goes, not really, I'm not loving it.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: I like his route running. I think his route running is actually pretty a ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had one really good throw to him and he couldn't hold on.
Speaker 10: So that.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the outright, You're talking about the out, not the goal, because that goal wasn't easy. Fantastic catch if he made, Yeah, but that wasn't easy.
Speaker 7: No, I'm talking about the out.
Speaker 1: Okay, he dropped over.
Speaker 7: I don't think it would have been a first time.
Speaker 1: It was like seven.
Speaker 8: Still, I'm thinking in the small sample size that he's given you, I think he gives you a better run block than a Jalen Tolbert does.
Speaker 3: That is true, absolutely, yeah, just because he's a bigger body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get in the way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Jalen Tolbert needs to run.
Speaker 2: Block at all anymore, if stop it being completely honest, So yeah, I think Mingo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's gonna be that regard about Brown Package. Every time Jonathan Mingo comes in, You're.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, maybe or they just go away from Tolbert entirely.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the case, but it'd be interesting this this Mingo conversation just in general, now that Brandon Cooks is back, because Mingo in the two games he was active before Brandon Cooks got back. You know, he's been targeted, but it's not been the best throw from Cooper Rush. And then when he did get a good throw, he didn't come away with it. Brandon Cooks comes back first game, what does he give you? He gives you a touchdown and he gives you a game ceiling fully lateral diving catchy. That's what Brandon Cooks gives you. Lest you forgot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he made his impact, felt he commandated.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: He was just like the long bar.
Speaker 1: Brandon cook man, that dude, he did it.
Speaker 2: He said, do you feel more confident in the way that Luke Schoonmaker has been playing?
Speaker 7: Yes? Absolutely, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: You love to see that.
Speaker 8: You love to see confidence, You love to see just the reps that he's getting more throws to Luke schoon Man.
Speaker 1: The fire. There's a fire in that young man's belly. You see it after some of those plays when the guy when the defenders are trying to yap at him and he's shoving back and he's yapping back. That's not the same schoolmaker we see walking around that locker room where STI learn that from listen, I can't everywhere really coping.
Speaker 4: There's some Jake Fergy.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, that's absolutely Obviously.
Speaker 8: Linda Belle's wells has put him into position to exceed in that role, the role that he currently has, and the fact that he's getting more balls thrown to him is all the better.
Speaker 1: Dude. Well, listen for our Michigan folks, and I know you're feeling good this uh this this Monday, because it's a victory Monday for you too. Let us know in the in the comments, YouTube and or Twitter. Let us know for those of us who haven't followed Schoolmaker at Michigan because some of us are SEC guys. Has has he always had this demeanor on the field as far as this fire in his belly or is this something that's kind of coming alive as he gets more reps with the Cowboys. I'm interested.
Speaker 4: Let us know it's taking him to Scoon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm stuck on the fact. I'm stuck on the fact that Patrick of.
Speaker 3: Some of us are SEC guys, some of us are We don't watch the Big Ten because.
Speaker 7: I didn't say that any superior conference I didn't know, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I'm simply saying my eyes every Saturday are typically glued to the SEC.
Speaker 4: So I lost go on HBO Max. Guys was watching movies.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Tony, my fellow SEC guy, can now relate. Yeah, you tend to focus on the Big twelve, guys, stop it. You tend to focus on the conference the school is in, so you know how things go with the standards. But yeah, I just I'm curious to know if Schoolmaker played with this fire on the field in Michigan. Olay, this something that's kind of birthing itself as he gets more reps.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I remember from his film at Michigan was the fact that he was used as a lead blocker on rundowns.
Speaker 3: Quite often. They would run behind him, whether it.
Speaker 2: Was Blake Korum or I forget the other running backs name that was before Korum, but it was those guys.
Speaker 3: Would run behind schoolmakers significantly.
Speaker 2: And he would lead the way against Big ten competition, those front sevens, the defensive lines that are uber good in the Big ten.
Speaker 3: You would make some noise there.
Speaker 2: So when they drafted him in the second round, that was part of why they wanted him, was because of the blocking ability and the fire and the physicality, and they just hadn't seen that, And I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: It, Tom Haskins.
Speaker 2: Was that what you're thinking of, Yeah, yeah, that's it Haskins because he was a draft pick too, I believe. But the he was blocking the way for those guys and having some significant success, I didn't see that.
Speaker 7: But now you're starting to see him.
Speaker 3: Take a step forward as a ball as a past catch, a pass catcher, and.
Speaker 2: You're also having a step forward in terms of the confidence as a run blocker as well.
Speaker 1: In speaking of guys who are improving upon their run blocking in the tight end room. Shouts out to Brevin span Forward. He's he's taking advantage of his opportunities. Such McCarthy's been raided, was taking advantage of his opportunities as well. So those two young guys in the absence of Jake Ferguson with the concussion. We'll see if Jake is cleared this week to go against Cincinnati. But you know, schoolmaker, Breven span Ford, you got to like what you're seeing there. And you know, just I can't continue to give enough roses to loun to Wales for what he continues to do with that room. But I'm going to figure out a way to continue to get him more roses. Just going to change the color of the roses.
Speaker 7: He loves the fight.
Speaker 1: He does. He does.
Speaker 7: He knows how to coach up some guys as well.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back here on talking Cowboys, Tom, he's got to get out of here.
Speaker 7: Do you have to get out of here? I do not, Okay, So you're good for a little bit with the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys are having their annual Christmas hospital visits today, really really cool.
Speaker 3: Tell us just a little bit about that before you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're just going to some hospitals here on the Dallas Fort Worth area, and you know it's Christmas time now, so we're spreading the joy and uh, some players going out and making some making.
Speaker 1: Some people's days.
Speaker 9: You always love to see it give back to the community.
Speaker 8: So just really excited now we're in talking Cowboys listeners go meet their favorite part time host, Tommy Arch.
Speaker 9: In terms of like, that's a great question, we're about to find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a wonderful cause they're going to It's always spread the joy to the to the sick children and families of the six Children. And I was blessed enough to be able to go last year. I won't be able to go this year because I having an important thing to take care of after the show. But last year I was able to go, and as a father, first of all, as a human, but as a father on top of that, it brought me to literal tiers on more than one occasion just seeing those kids light up, but also seeing the condition that they're in, what they're fighting through, and it just puts so much in perspective for you as a person, but also as a parent to just be thankful. You know, if you have healthy kids and you know, just be thankful and hug them and you know, but at the same time, shouts out to the Cowboys because no matter how the season is going good, better and different, they're out here in the community doing the.
Speaker 2: Good, doing the good, doing it and it's one of the coolest traditions that the Cowboys do every single year.
Speaker 7: So Tommy's got to go hop on a bus. He'll cover that.
Speaker 2: He'll have some good coverage on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. A little bit back on Nicole Hutchinson will be out there as well.
Speaker 7: Spliny more to.
Speaker 3: Come from the Christmas visits.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, it is a victory Monday, which means we've got some smelly stickers to award.
Speaker 7: Are players of the.
Speaker 2: Game Cowboys take down the Giants twenty seven ten.
Speaker 7: We'll be back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for U fifty deals. They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors, combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact can instruction equipment, Hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 4: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 10: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys and we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 3: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 6: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of AMERICAP mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash airicup by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica respondses me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message in dat rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 7: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment has brought to you by invisi line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back in two Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Crispiam in the back, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: You may hand this helmet.
Speaker 1: Over, Steward. Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Got some stickers to hand down?
Speaker 1: How these still? How they hold their smell like?
Speaker 7: It is pretty raild.
Speaker 1: The helmet is. You can still smell these from weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Did we get Tommy's We didn't get Tommy's.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't get this.
Speaker 3: I'll tell them, I'll get them on.
Speaker 10: What was that?
Speaker 3: There's no more?
Speaker 7: What are you looking for?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know I was gonna just grab one whenever you guys. Smelly stickers tradition here on talking Cowboys. After a win, cowboys get the dub over the giants. So instead of helmet stickers, we give out the smelly stickers, and we relate them to these scratch and sniff fruit sticks.
Speaker 3: Stickers that are probably coming to a close. I just gotta go buy some. Do they like sell these just at like any grocery store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this should be just anywhere Target, Walmart and Michaels most.
Speaker 7: Certainly Albertson's and Tom Thumb. Absolutely yeah, they definitely have it.
Speaker 4: Michael, do we Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So like I said, Michaels, yeah, just like that.
Speaker 7: All right, Uh Patrick, We'll let you go first.
Speaker 1: I'll start off. I'm going with the lollipop, lollipop, LOLLI why am I going with the lollipop? The lollipop is going to de marveyon overshown And here's why. On that play I described earlier where he blew up Singletary, but then he did not complete the blitz toward Drew Lock. Instead, he stopped short, got his hand up into the passing lane, created a tip drill interception, picked six, first first of his career. So lollipop is for him and the words he probably had for Drew Luck after that play, A sucker, got a sucker. That play, the deception there was so fantastic because after he blew up Singletary, he could have just gone right after Drew Lock that said I'm gonna get me another sack instead, like he said after the game, he said, once he got off of that block and he realized that Singletary was releasing he was like, something's up, something's up. It immediately clicked in his head. He couldn't be food. They tried to make them marve On Overshown the sucker, but it turns out that Drew Lock was the sucker.
Speaker 7: Coming coming for you.
Speaker 8: All right, So this one is partially I mean we just played what three games in ten days something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yah, this one is kind of for last week and then also for this past week. I have to give this one. This is a lemon. Let me say it's a lemon. And when life gives you Cavanti Turpin, you gotta use them.
Speaker 8: And I like what the offense has been doing. The one play that got you into the red zone, the very first play that got you the red zone the first time this game was thanks to Cavante Turp. The fact that they're using the more outside of just the kick return, outside of just the punk return.
Speaker 4: Giving them the ball, giving them space. To me, that is huge.
Speaker 8: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, use Cavanti Turpin as much.
Speaker 1: Got to get the Let me rub the peach, rub my peach, rub the peach.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: Friends, we have.
Speaker 3: H help me out. I need you guys to help me out here.
Speaker 2: If I were to do a lime, limes are known for being sour, right, no, no, no, so yeah, I'm trying to think of something sour at first, that's okay.
Speaker 4: You candy. Do we have candy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a little candy. I'll just pretend it's a sour candy.
Speaker 1: Good call, good call, situation.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, here you go.
Speaker 2: God, Yeah, a little sour patch situation is exactly what I'm going for here. So at first it's sour and then it's sweet, right, and first it's sour and then it's sweet. I'm gonna give this might be the first time we've ever given this gentleman a smelly sticker ever, which is saying something about how sour it has been in the past. But over the last four games he's taking steps in the right direction. He showed it once earlier in the year against the same team that we played this past Thursday. However, the fact that he's now starting to stack good games one on top of the other. I gotta give credit to Mazzie Smith. I gotta give credit to Masie because Mozzie has not been good. Let's keep it real out of all of the defensive tackles in football, especially when you have first round great expectations placed on you. Mozzie Smith has not lived up to the expectation. And I'm not gonna sit here and say that he has. Even then, I've seen positivity and good play over the last two weeks, steps in the right direction over the last four.
Speaker 3: So, Mozzie Smith, you were first sour, You've been a little sweet here lately.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go a little sour Patch kid with Mozzie Smith and you get the helmet sticker from me.
Speaker 7: This week, he had a great game, I thought against.
Speaker 1: The to Coyle's point, when Mozzie Smith was on the field, the Giants were only able to run for three point two yards per carry. Yes, when he was off the field, that number jumped to eight point seven five yards of difference. And that was that was just last last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was even It was like that again, Tommy did Tommy point it out from the Washington game. He did similar thing two good, good weeks from from Mazzie Smith.
Speaker 1: And then they split him over to three tick. He beats the combo block to meet Micah at the quarterback, got a half a sack out of it. Here we a Mozzie Smith coming alive. Absolutely very good last several days from Michigan. I tell you that we're talking about schoolmaker. Mozzie gets a sticker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good weekend for South Carolina as well as it was game Cocks got it, Yeah, got beat Clemson. They're still going to the a SEC Championship game. But Tommy Yarish is giving his doughnut too with a little sprinkle of a little extra sugar on top right there, because of Rico Dowdell.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 7: Pretty good week for South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Former game cock in his own right, Reco dowd first career, one hundred yard Russian game, first touchdown on the ground this season.
Speaker 7: We'll get Isaiah's and won't add it to the mix as well. But that's Tommy's. Isaiah Standbank.
Speaker 3: He's too big, He is a big time.
Speaker 1: He's very big, mister warm, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back tomorrow. Cowboys taking on the Bengals coming up this week. They beat the Giants this week twenty seven to twenty tomorrow. We're taking your phone calls. It is a talking Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I want to try and break the talking calls record tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: Let's do it first segments, second and third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's knock it out. Let's go straight into it.
Speaker 3: We're talking all day, all day tomorrow. Cowboys are off. We've got an extra long week.
Speaker 2: Let's have as many as many calls as we possibly can.
Speaker 7: When we come back tomorrow for Tommy ours.
Speaker 2: Josh Rodriguez, Patrick No Sewalker, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 7: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.