Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio. Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly.
Speaker 2: Source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice.
Speaker 1: Now along with the guys.
Speaker 3: From Guillotine Leagues dot com.
Speaker 4: Here's your host.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchi and co hosts today are Scott Fish and Brian Johnson. Hey guys, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 1: No, Colin mccochney, No, no, no, In fact, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll stay then I'll stick around it is.
Speaker 2: It is sad to report his his emergency issues at Mayo Clinic last week did.
Speaker 1: Not go well. No on life support.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds like Cony not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: We're considering it GoFundMe for Colin mccockney due to the staggering medical bills that he's he's heard while here. We're got plenty to go get do it.
Speaker 5: We'll definitely get to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, We've got a London game. We'll call and do it from bedside. Now find out absolutely not. We'll give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance. We'll answer three tough questions we'll give you premature speculation. Players will break down every game Fantasy Football Weekly style with letter grades on every meaningful player, and we're going to answer the really difficult questions surrounding the Indianapolis running game with Zach Moss and Jonathan Taylor excited to dive into that. Let's get right into the matchups, beginning with the Lions taking on the Buccaneers. Scott Lions offense has been really fantastic Later good No, Jamir Gibbs, Nope. I view David Montgomery as a top five fantasy running back at this moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, I completely agree.
Speaker 2: The way they're using him, the way they want to use him, he's bordering on automatic. A each week's territory is really what it is. His giant workload of twenty three point two five touches per game.
Speaker 5: You gotta love that.
Speaker 2: It's mostly carries, that's for sure, and backs have not done well against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers their opponent for this week. But outside of that Eagle and because outside of that Eagles game, no running back has had more than eleven carries.
Speaker 5: That's really what it is.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are the one team that truly went after the ground game against them, and they did that to the tune of thirty carries for one hundred and seventy three yards. So if you stick to the run game, it seems like they're beatable on the ground. I did give Montgomery an A grade in this one. Over to the passing game, Jared Goff's getting a B grade. Now I'm gonna I'm gonna preface this with this matchup. The Bucks currently rank top I believe top seven or eight in almost in just top twelve, definitely in a bunch of defensive categories, but top seven or eight against every single position quarterback, running back, wide receiver, or to end, tight end. So it's not the best defensive matchup, not the best matchup for this offense. But I believe in Ben Johnson snapping balls between quarterbacks, legs to the running back and doing trick plays. I believe in Ben Johnson and this Lion's offense. Bucks sixpence defensive DVOA DVOA. Only one three hundred yard day for Jared Goff. In fact, his highest is two hundred and fifty three yards outside of that one day and only two multi score games, but he's safely been a two hundred and thirty plus and a score guy, which is sea level B or sea level you know, depending on what you.
Speaker 1: Have, you go see the downso see the downside. And golf is just Montgomery eats so many touchdowns.
Speaker 5: It is it is.
Speaker 2: I do have a bee here just because there's so many opportunities for this lion's offense to score. So I gave him. I gave him the upside of a B grade on this one. I'm on ros Saint Brow practice fully on Friday. We fully expect him to go.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Cards are third toughest against the slot. But honestly, it's a Moanra. All but one lead receiver has went for one hundred plus on the Bucks full practices. Amra's a nine catch a game eighty two plus yards coin flip of a score.
Speaker 5: That's an A grade for me.
Speaker 1: What do you think of Josh Reynolds. I think is a much trickier decision.
Speaker 2: I actually have a C grade on him because Laporta has been not practicing. He went through walkthrough on Friday, but not practicing with that sea with that, with that injury, I believe that he might be a little limited.
Speaker 5: Sounds like he's gonna be good to go.
Speaker 2: But if it, if it flares up, he might Josh Reynolds might see extra work. Second wide receivers have topped fifty yards in every game and scored in all but one. Wow against this Tampa Bay team. Josh Reynolds, maybe he is a conservative grain for if you look at Josh Reynolds, He's had sixty six plus yards in four of the five games. He's had three to five catches in each of the games. Nine to twelve points is Sea territory. You do want the score though, So on him, I believe I said I mentioned Laporta.
Speaker 5: You know he's kind of questionable.
Speaker 2: He's an auto A. If he starts, he's a top five tight end. If he doesn't go, he doesn't go. But if you're starting Tom, if he goes over to the other side, the buck side. Baker Mayfield, I got a C grade on him. Lion's third best in d defensive d v O A lines of However, lines have allowed multiple scores to every QB they faced. Not named Desmond, right, So that's pretty good Baker.
Speaker 1: We had down. Look, we get plenty of things wrong. Yeah, we we identified Baker Mayfield and this early schedule really early. You know, in the preseason, we're like this, he's got this run of games or he's gonna have really positive opportunities.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: And one thing that I didn't target before the season, but I really should have should have was their OC Dave Canalis made Gino Smith really something last year and he left and now Gino's Baker's having having some having kind of a heyday. By the way, those four corequarter backs that the Bucks of you know, the the Bucks have faced, also all got two hundred and forty five plus yards. So if you're if you're pegging in two hundred and forty five yards and a score or two for Baker Mayfield, we're talking Sea territory, maybe b if if he can. But he's only got one more one multi score game, so let's give him a see there. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, I'm giving them both sees. It's kind of kind of frustrating that the first three weeks Mike Evans was the better one. He plays Marshawn Latimore. In week four, Chris Godwin has the better week. They both have, you know, a little bit of tougher matchups. Camp South Camp, Sutton allows a ninety five passer rating against fifty four percent completion against. That's going to be up against Mike Evans. Chris Godwin's going to get the easier matchup against Jerry Jacobs, allowing a lot easier. I think, Yeah, so I have c grades on them both. If I had to bet against one or bet for one, it would be Mike Evans, who in the non Marshall lane more games, had the better scores. A sneaky, sneaky, sneaky dart throw that I can't give a starting grade to. I just can't do it is Trey Pomer. He's only got one to two catches a game, but he's going in the slot where he's gonna get Will Harris, who's allowing nearly a half a fantasy point per route run, a one eighteen passer rating against an eighty seven percent completion percentage against. And he's allowing thirteen yards per attempt against thirteen yards per attempt against a slot corner.
Speaker 5: Like, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of yards per Palmer run from the slot that much. I mean, I think of Godwin as being more of the slot guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's actually moved outside quite a bit. I could get I could get the I need it.
Speaker 1: Right this second.
Speaker 5: You don't need it right this U.
Speaker 1: But I am interested in attacking the slot against the Bucks or against the Lions rather with Chauncey Gardner Johnson out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I was going to try to I think for shot.
Speaker 1: White is probably the last guy of note.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, way, just the last guy of note. I was going to try to grab that. Uh Rashad White I actually have.
Speaker 5: On the bench.
Speaker 2: I guess he could be a dart throw because he's getting eighteen nineteen touches a game. But man, it took Ken Walker seventeen carries just to hit forty three yards.
Speaker 3: White.
Speaker 2: What he's doing with this nineteen touches is super inefficient. He's topped eleven Fantasy points just once. No touchdowns, no touchdowns. Yeah, yeah, absolutely so it's it's.
Speaker 1: Just defense is turning into a beast.
Speaker 2: You could you could give him. You could give him the volume seed. By the way, Trey Palmer fifty five percent from the slot.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could give him the volume seed.
Speaker 2: But I have him on the bench forced fourth worst rushing yards over expected for rush White this year.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Seahawks taking on the Bengals. Brian for the Seahawks side Kenneth Walker, the aforementioned Kenneth Walker has just turned into an automatic start at this point.
Speaker 6: He's more than that, he's getting the fan to see Fonsie. The Bengals own the highest opponent rushing yard percentage at forty four percent, meaning that nearly half of their opponent's total yards have come on the ground. That's a great ratio for running backs since he also allowing one hundred and seven rushing yards per game to running backs that is fifth most. And when we last saw the Seahawks in Week four, if they're coming off their bye in week five, they had one healthy starting offensive lineman, they expect all their starters back for this game. And despite having that bye week already, Walker has tied for third among running backs with five rushing touchdowns, also fifth in red zone carries, just one fewer than Isaiah Pacheco, who has played six games and Walker has played four. So the Fonsie for Kenneth Zach Charvina on the bench gets clearly clearly taken a back seat in that backfield over the wide receivers DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett both get a C. I don't like the passing game nearly as much as the ground game for Seattle in this one. The Bengal are allowing just ten catches and one hundred and forty yards per game to wide receivers as a whole. That is not good when it comes to Metcalf and Lockett's prospects. But since he has surrendered surrendered a wide receiver touchdown in four straight games, so they are both still startable. Jackson Smith and Jigba not startable. Has yet to top thirty five yards. He is on the bench, as are all the tight ends for Seattle. He just can't trust any of them. Lastly, for Seattle, Gino Smith, I'll give him the see. Not the best match up here. The Bengals are allowing two hundred and thirteen passing yards and one point four passing touchdowns per game, so the touchdowns aren't too bad. That's why we'll start Gino still, but just barely. It's really all about Walker in this game over the Bengals side, starting with Joe Mixon going to give him a see. Mixon is playing seventy five percent of the snaps for the Bengals, which is great. He's getting a ton of volume, but he's not doing much with it, mixingan excuse me mixin. Averaging less than five yards per touch not good, just one total touchdown all season.
Speaker 2: His part of that is his up the middle like runs up the middle rate is second worse than the NFL, like something like sixty sixty five percent of his runs are straight.
Speaker 5: Up the middle. That's not gonna not mark it. That's not gonna be good.
Speaker 6: And what else isn't working? When he gets the ball inside the ten yard line? Oh for ten carries inside a touchdown from inside the ten so brutal.
Speaker 4: Just to see for mixing.
Speaker 1: Has he scored this year?
Speaker 6: I think he's got one one touchdown. It wasn't from inside the ten yard line. I can tell you that much. Who has scored more than once this year? Jamar Chase. He gets an a last week was cathartic if you drafted Jamar Chase, especially with the with the first overall pick, which I did in a fair amount of leagues, you know, bucking the trend and not daking Jefferson. Very solid matchup for Chase here as the Seahawks are allowing nineteen catches and two hundred and twenty yards per game to wide receivers, and they have surrendered five touchdowns the position over their last three games alone. So love Chase obviously, with an A A. T. Higgins trending towards playing with the rib injury, if he does, I will give him the sea. We've seen Higgins play when he's been on the fence and then leave that right. That was more of like a lower body injury. So if he plays, I'll give him the sea.
Speaker 3: I saw.
Speaker 1: I heard he's Scott. If he's gonna play, he has to take some kind of mid chest injection if it's a pain killer, if he's gonna try to play through it, which sounds like awful, like wedging a needle between the ribs or something.
Speaker 4: That's what they do when you get rabies.
Speaker 2: I think this kind of stuff is the fantasy killer Higgins when he's suiting up and not scoring, but he's in so you want to start him.
Speaker 1: I think I'm out on Higgins. T.
Speaker 4: Higgins is a dog.
Speaker 5: Though he's a dog, he's.
Speaker 4: Got that dog in him.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna throw a segar at Tyler Boyd either way, regardless of whether Higgins plays or not. Again, the Seahawks giving up a good production to opposing wide receivers Irv Smith Junior. Though he is on the bench, he wasn't even targeted last week when Joe Burrow threw for three hundred plus yards. Tight ends are fools goal the year in and year out. I will never draft one ever again. I promise you that I'm putting it on Wax. And lastly, speaking of Joe Burrow, he gets an a. The Seahawks on the eighth highest opponent completion percentage and as a result, opposing quarterbacks are averaging three hundred and five passing yards per game, and Burrow says, the calf feels great. Hopefully that injury is behind him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean look great last week. Let's hope that that continues. We want the old Joe Burrow back, no doubt about it when we come back. Ravens taking on the Titans Dereck Henry with a daunting matchup, coming off a dud game. What do you do with him when we come back? Fantasy Football Weekly, Take a chance on me. Nine players not normally in your starting lineup, but begin at the quarterback position. Scott Fish who you got yeah?
Speaker 2: For the quarterback position this week, I have Matthew Stafford. I know that he's like QB fifteen on the season, but man, he's throwing the ball a ton. The Cards are the third worst in defensive DVOA. No team has a lower pressure rate than the Arizona Cardinals that just twenty five percent, So they're not gonna even get to him. Finally had his first multi score game last week, and opposing quarterbacks are dropping two hundred and seventy four point four yards and two point two touchdowns per game to keep East, not to mention a seventy six percent completion percentage. By the way, the Rams lead the league in plays per game too, so there's a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 1: We talked last week about getting out of Kyron Williams. It's this feels like the time this thing's gonna start tilting. He's got all those touchdowns, things are going.
Speaker 3: To start tilting.
Speaker 4: I wasn't on the show last.
Speaker 1: Week, clearly not let's go to it. Look you're still right, hey, it doesn't change a great call. Don't give up on get, but now's the time to sell hide. Let's go to your your quarterback, take a chance on the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Broun Oh, you know I gotta go with a revenge game and Gardner Minshew at Jacksonville. The Jaguars are very much a pass funneling defense. Seventy six percent of their opponent's total yards have come through the air, that is third most. They are yielding a healthy thirty six pass attempts per game, and Jacksonville also owns the seventh highest allowed per yards allowed per pass attempt at seven point two. That is a very healthy number. These teams met in Week one the Colts and Jaguars, and Anthony Richardson started that game for Indy. He threw a respectable two hundred and twenty three yards and a touchdown in his very first game. Is a pro, but I expect Minshew to top those passing numbers. Three of the last four quarterbacks to face the Jags have thrown for at least two hundred and eighty yard cards and multiple touchdowns. The only one who failed to reach those benchmarks Desmond Rinter. We got to pick on him again.
Speaker 1: Josh Dobbs goes up against the Rams. He looks shockingly competent. Back to back multiple touchdown games against San Francisco and a good Cincinnati secondary. Rams defense not great. The rank twenty second in past rush win rate and thirty first by Pro Football Focus and Coverage, and he's got some sneaky value as a rusher as well. The Rams have been hammered by Jalen Hurts and Anthony Richardson over the last two weeks on the ground, Scott, your take a chance on me, Runner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one made a little bit easier with the news coming out Friday that Miles Sanders was not going to suit up. Chuba Hubbard was already working in on that split on Miles Sanders. He's the passing down back. He does a lot of long down and distant stuff. He's going to get all the work this week in a game that they're going to be playing catch up with Miami.
Speaker 1: Brian, you take a chance on me, Runner.
Speaker 6: I got the Cowboys Rico Dudele at the charger as Tony Pollard has been limited by a shoulder injury. So if you were to sit or leave this game early doubt it would be in a smash spot.
Speaker 4: I expect Pollard to.
Speaker 6: Play, but either way, there should be some meat left on the bone for dowdle against a very soft run defense. The Chargers are allowing one hundred and forty seven combo yards per game to running backs, and despite having their bye week already, Las surrendered the seventh most perceptions to the position.
Speaker 1: Arizona running back of Mari de Mercado showed up in a splashy way last week, and people are freaking out because Keante Ingram is listed on top of the Cardinals depth chart. I say, who cares? He has been awful in every opportunity he's had. Ingram as a career rushing average of one point seven yards per carry unfathomably bad. Meanwhile, de Mercado, in his first ever meaningful work last week, rolled up forty five yards, showed some wiggle, scored a touchdown, and he can catch Rams are a middle of the pack run defense. There's a nice opportunity for super de Marcado, super dam Makara. I like it for our Spanish speaking friends. Scott, your receiver, take a chance on me, receiver.
Speaker 2: I'm going back to the Jacoby Myers well who has of this morning on sleeper has only fifty percent started revenge game versus the New England Patriots currently only fifty percent started. As I mentioned, ten plus targets, seven plus receptions in all Jimmy g starts, he'll see mostly JC Jackson, who was one of the worst quarterbacks last year. He was even benched this year inactive healthy scratch against the Vikings, got traded over New England and he's only.
Speaker 5: Been there for a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: And now he's got to try to try to defend Jacoby Myers, who leads the NFL in targets inside the ten.
Speaker 1: If you want to know just how bad Bill Belichick is as a general manager, he let Jacoby Myers walk so he can sign Juju Smith Schuster to the same deal.
Speaker 5: Who won't play in this game.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, Brian, you take a chance on me receiver.
Speaker 4: I'm sticking with the Cowboys. Up the Chargers.
Speaker 6: I got Michael Gallup, finally a great matchup for the Cowboy offense, especially their wide receivers.
Speaker 4: The Chargers are.
Speaker 6: Allowing fifteen catches, two hundred and thirty two yards, and one point five touchdowns per game to opposing wideouts. Over the last three weeks, Gallup has seen eighteen targets, while Brandon Cooks has drawn fifteen looks. During that span, Gallup has total thirteen catches for one hundred and sixty seven yards. Cooks just seven catches for forty eight yards. He's not looking too good. Cooks that news.
Speaker 4: Cooks looking cooked.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I got right itself there.
Speaker 1: kJ Osbourn goes up against Chicago and now is a lead role. He's going to take the Justin Jefferson routes. According to head coach Kevin O'Connell's a pretty straight shooter. Chicago's got an excellent cornerback Jalen Johnson, who's going to return for this game, but I think he's going to be shadowing Jordan Addison expected to go in this one. The rest of the Bear secondary very suspect, especially if Eddie Jackson misses another game. Bears are allowing the ninth most fantasy points to wide outs, and we've seen some other slippery players like kJ Osbourne, Curtis Samuel Romeo Dobbs have success against Chicago and when he runs out of the slot, he's got a fantastic matchup against Greg Stroman, the sausage King Chicago. Let's go to Ravens taking on the Titans. I want to start with the running game where we're putting both Justice Hill and Gus Edwards on the bench. Hill and Gus roughly even in snaps and touches over the past two weeks, with just waters down their efficiency. Zack Moss randomly destroyed the Titans last week, but that's way outside the norm. Prior to Moss last week, no back had top sixty seven yards in twenty one straight games against Tennessee. Non Zack Moss, runners have averaged only three point one yards per carry, and Tennessee ranks third and tackling by Pro Football Focus. So we're gonna bench both Hill and Edwards from the Ravens. Let's go to the passing game. Eight drops last week by the Ravens receivers eight including two sure fire touchdowns that were taken away from Lamar Jackson as he goes up against Tennessee. Now, Tennessee looks like their past evens has been better lately, but they goosegged a gimpy Joe Burrow and Gardner Minshew the past two weeks. The previous three quarterbacks to face Tennessee averaged three hundred yards and two scores, and that would be the upside for Jackson here who's throwing more downfield last two games nine yards per pass attempt. I like that. Tennessee's been very good at stopping quarterbacks via the ground, though last week in a short look, Anthony Richardson only had five yards. Last year, Jonathan Allen Josh Allen ran for ten yards, Jalen Hurts ran for twelve yards. So I can only get to a B grade here for Lamar Jackson, but I do like him as a solid starter. Mark Andrews coming off the game with three drops, including an easy touchdown. On the season, he leads all tight ends and drops and drop percentage. Titans have not allowed a tight end score, but they've also faced a lot of bottom tier tight ends. So far, eighty percent of the targets two tight ends have been completed against the Titans. So we're coming in with a B grade on Mark Andrews and a hopeful bounce back game off of last week's brutal endeavor. Zay Flowers dropped a touchdown last week as well. He's the team's leader in routes and his ten plus targets in three of five games. Titans allowing the third most receptions and the seventh most receiving yards per game to wide receivers. Flowers runs from all over the field, but it's got a particularly juicy matchup against cornerback Christian Fulton, who's PFF's sixth worst graded cornerback. Let's go over to the Titan side. There's only two players you care about. We begin with King Henry. He smoked these Ravens last year, piling up in one game one hundred and thirty three yards in a score. But the good news for Derek Henry this week ends right there. Baltimore hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown. They haven't. They've given up two rushing touchdowns in their last fourteen games. Four or five opposing lead runners have failed to top fifty nine yards, and Baltimore ranked seventh and tackling by Pro Football Focus and seventh in run defense by Pro Football Focus. Two of King Henry's last three games straight up duds.
Speaker 5: Taj Spears league winner.
Speaker 1: He could be a league winner down the road. We keep talking about it, but you can't start Tase Spier, by the way. See granted, Tarrick Henry, he's just not getting enough touches. You get five rushes and three catches that's not enough for Taj Spears. Maybe a prayer dart throw just on sheer talent for Taj Spears, who we love. Let's go to the passing game. The only guy you'd consider starting in a tough matchup is DeAndre Hopkins. Finally had the breakout game last week, as suggested by this very show, but I do not like him here. Tannehill's been mostly ineffective. The Ravens secondary's gotten healthier with the return of Marlon Humphrey, although he got lit up by this similarly physical George Pickens in his debut last week. So I'll note that Baltimore allows the third fewest yards per reception to wide out and that Pickings touchdown last week was the only touchdown they've allowed to wide receivers all year. So they can only get you to a c great and DeAndre Hopkins and the rest of them are on the bench. And the only other guy for the Titans you might consider Chaga Konkuo. And you got to pick your spots for Jig And this is not it. Baltimore is a fantastic tight end defense. They haven't allowed a tight end touchdown in ten straight games. That's it. For that matchup, Brian, I don't think you can do forty nine Ers Browns in less than three minutes.
Speaker 4: You want to bet? Can you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Then go all right, thank you, Ken, Let's do it.
Speaker 6: This is an ugly look, ugly looking game over under. It just thirty six point five points, and I think all those points were implied for the San Francisco side.
Speaker 4: Christian McCaffrey not.
Speaker 6: Gonna say I'm easy A and give him an A here. It's a tough matchup against the Browns, but with Cleveland turning to PJ Walker, a quarterback, the forty nine Ers should dominate time of possession here, So I'm gonna stick with the A for McCaffrey, Brandon, I can Deebo Samuel just a see for these guys. A brutal matchup on paper for IUK and Samuel. The Browns are allowing seven catches at ninety one yards per game to wide receivers with just one touchdown all season, and I just fear the forty nine Ers pump the brakes when it comes to passing in this game.
Speaker 4: They're not really gonna need to throw.
Speaker 6: It a ton, So just a C for IUK and Samuel also a C for George Kittle coming off the hat trick. Tight Ends do fair the best when it comes to skill players against the Browns. Mark Andrews burned Cleveland in Week four with five catches for eighty yards and two touchdowns. But again, I don't think the forty nine ers are going to throw it a ton, and that is why Brock Perdy also gets a See the Browns own the lowest opponent completion percentage at fifty four percent. The Niners should not throw a lot in this one, but two touchdowns for Perdy is possible, so he gets the sea and over the Cleveland side. I just have a starting great on Jerome Ford with a C, probably because you have to based on volume. He should remain the lean lead back that is Ford, that is over Kareem Hunt.
Speaker 4: But this is a bad matchup.
Speaker 6: Opposing backs or averaging under eighteen touches per game for just seventy seven combo yards against San Francisco and you're benching the passing game. Ari Cooper, Elijah Moore, Dovin Peoples Jones twenty thirteen, Josh Gordon two thousand and seven, Brailn.
Speaker 5: Edwards, Hotel beckup oh, everyone.
Speaker 4: On the bench with PJ.
Speaker 6: Walker quarterback, including David and Joku. Of course it's gonna be an ugly game for Cleveland Josh Crimp speaking of.
Speaker 1: The Buckley Browns, David and Choku's face, good, lord man, Glad, he's okay.
Speaker 5: How did a toaster do that?
Speaker 3: I feel a.
Speaker 1: Pair was I tweeted toaster? Turned out it was fire pit.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that was wrong about I saw your tweeted.
Speaker 1: I was still I was, dude, holy cow, Like I said, Glad, he's okay.
Speaker 3: If you haven't, you have.
Speaker 1: Tried to Guillotine league. New leagues forming now today, right now, as you're listening new leagues, Guillotine leagues dot Com your opportunity to play in the freshest new way to play fantasy football every week, so much fun as the lowest scoring team gets chopped and everybody else built superstar rosters like you. We'll be back with more Fantasy Football weekly after this. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchie and Scott Fish and Brian Johnson. You can follow us on the site formerly known as Twitter at Scott Fish twenty four Got it at BTXJ for Brian and I am at Paul Charcion Panthers take on the Dolphin.
Speaker 4: Scott.
Speaker 1: The Panthers offense has not looked great, and I've already talked about Cuba Hubbard take a chance on me. But let's turn our attention to a passing game that last week put up some solid garbage time opportunities and should have a similar situation exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Opposing quarterbacks are throwing for an average of two hundred and fifty eight yards and one point five scores against the Dolphins, A lot of that in ketchup mode, which should be the game script this week. Bryce Bryce Young hasn't toped two hundred and fifty yards yet, but last week, in that similar game script against the Lions, where they were down bag they were playing catch up garbage time, he went for two hundred and forty seven yards and three touchdowns. I expect somewhat similar, maybe not three touchdowns again, will see yeah, but I expect something similar here. So I do have a C grade on Bryce Young. I think he gets there with the ketchup garbage time.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 5: I have an A.
Speaker 2: Grade on Adam Thielen, and we maybe we very much disagree. You're ranked you're ranking him too low. This week, I looked at your ranks and I'm like, that is way too low.
Speaker 5: I have him.
Speaker 1: I will look at my ranking.
Speaker 2: I have him as a top twelve wide receiver this week Thelm's THELAN is lining up in the slot sixty three percent of the time. He's getting thirty eight percent of the red zone targets, thirty four percent of the first read targets. So when Bryce Young drops back to pass a third of the time, he's looking and throwing to THELAN twenty six percent target share, twenty nine percent are yards. I don't need to go on. He's getting all the work. Five plays of twenty plus yards. He's also going to see second year slot corner Cater k Who who's allowing a one hundred and thirty five point two passer rated against and a seventy one percent completion against seven plus receptions in four straight For Adam Thielen.
Speaker 1: He's been great everything that we hoped he could be in the preseason when this show wit contrary to basically every show in America. Yeah, yeah, on feeling.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if his ad out was more than seven in his yards after the catch was more than four HUD right up there with the top top wide receivers.
Speaker 5: The amount of volume he's getting.
Speaker 1: You've convinced me and I've moved him up my rank.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: I have DJ Shark on the bench. He's playing consistently ninety percent of the snaps, but he's only got a twelve percent target share. He's only seen two to four catches per game. The fifteen plus eight hot helps average depth of target, so when he when he gets the ball, it's it's deeper. But man, he needs this gord to be pre productive, and I can't count on that. Jonathan Mango, I'm giving a C grade here. I think it's a sneaky spot for him. Five for forty eight on seven targets last week in catch up mode. Similar spot here against the Dolphins. In his three full games, he's only played three full games. He's missed a game unlimited a game eighty seven percent, ninety eight percent and eighty six percent of snaps. He's on the field a ton twenty eight percent of air yards in those game games, twenty percent on third and fourth down, which is awesome. Also, he's getting Eliappole instead of Xavian Howard, who's gonna be on Chark shutting that down, So C grade on Jonathan Mingo. Over to the other side, the Miami Dolphins. How much do I need to talk about to a Tyrek and Waddle because I think they're automatic A's absolutely like Wattle, I have ranked a little lower, but I still think it's on Maca. No one's benching him. So I'm gonna go over to Raheem Mostard, who.
Speaker 1: Also should be an automatic gay honestly, particularly now that divon A chan Is is out on ir Yeah, and it looks like Jeff Wilson looks like Jeff Wilson won't go, so yeah, absolutely, Salvin achmed, Yes.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna mention with Mostard here.
Speaker 2: Lead backs not named Tony Jones Junior have all gone for ninety plus yards against the Panthers, and even Tony Jones Junior scored twice.
Speaker 5: Like he didn't get the yards, but he scored twice.
Speaker 2: No team has allowed more touchdowns to running backs than the Panthers, where he mostered also seven touchdowns rushing A grade. They're converted four of five inside the five. By the way, I know you love your inside the five to that eighty percent is nice. But I have a C grade on Salvin Achmed. Assuming Jeff Wilson does not go, there just should be enough. Once again, the Panthers have allowed the most rushing touch or much most touchdowns are running back. Miami has scored the most. They are running the ball in a lot UH this game. If it gets out of hand, they're thirteen and a half favorites. Solvin Achmed could get the mop up duty. I have a C grade on him.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. I think he's a sneaky play.
Speaker 2: I thought about a take on for him, and I was debating those two all week, but Jeff Wilson muddied it too long.
Speaker 4: Command Wilson's doubtful.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think. We don't think he's He was fun Friday. We don't think he's gonna go uh. Commanders take on the Falcons. I'm gonna start with Brian Robinson, who broke our hearts last week with a stone cold dud against the Bears, and now he gets a brutal matchup. Atlanta allows the fewest Fantasy points to running backs. That Atlanta defense is turning sneaky good. They're only one of three teams that hasn't allowed a running back touchdown. Robinson may be catching a little bit more than expected, but the Falcons have alsoled the fewest receptions and yards to running backs. Bench grade on Brian Wobinson in this one, even with some volume presumably coming his way, just can't do it. Let's go to the passing game. Curtis Samuel's been a nice little story this year, shockingly involved in eric enemy's offense, topping fifty one yards in four of five games. I really like his individual matchup against de Alford in the slot. He's allowed two touchdowns already and an opposer passer rating of one hundred and ten. Slot receivers Christian Kirk I'm on Ross Saint Brown posted very strong games against Atlanta. Curtis Samuel c grade in this one. Terry McLaurin also gets to see grade leads the team in routes, targets, and receptions and yards. The problem is the Enemy's offense is so diverse that nobody's really a go to receiver, including Terry McLaurin. The Falcons underrated secondary top six in yards and receptions to wide receivers, and a very difficult individual matchup with cornerback aj Terrell.
Speaker 5: He's been good.
Speaker 1: He's been really good, allowing just a fifty nine percent completion rate and only twenty five yards per game in his coverage. I can only get Terry McLaurin to a C grade. My Josh dottson, we were wrong, John Yeah, Johns. Excuse me, John Dotson. You know we thought the breakout was coming.
Speaker 5: It's not well, that was offinished at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I don't know, very disappointing. Obviously a bench grade for him until he proves to be a bigger part of this passing offense.
Speaker 5: What about.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get there, all right, I guys got to hit Logan Thomas first in three straight. In three straight weeks, the Falcons have been rocked by tight ends Sam Laporta, Evan Ingram, Dalton Scheltz. In four or five games, Atlanta's yielded a touchdown and or fifty nine plus yards to the Titan position. Thomas major part of the Commander's passing offense. He averages thirty five routes per game and only one fewer target per game than Terry McLaurin. B grade. Logan Thomas still available in over half a fantasy league.
Speaker 2: Well mostly because I dropped him in all of mine, like a week and a half.
Speaker 1: That's already got hurt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, it's a shame Scott was in that Fantasy Football Weekly training camp when Logan Thomas was one of my d nods. I like that, dudes, no one drafts at the time.
Speaker 1: It made sense. He has performed well. So I can only get Sam Howell to a C grade and they and I'm nervous about that, second only to Kirk Cousins and completions Sam Howell, who to guess that, and his accuracy has been really good. He's got the fifth best adjusted completion percentage. What's holding back Sam Howell's fantasy value is these two things. A complete lack of depassing and literally not one designed run this year for the very mobile Sam Howell. These are the two things I was counting on in the preseason to come together for Sam Howell to be a regular fantasy contributor. So far, they're not using him that way, and I can't get him to higher than a C grade. In this matchup, Let's go to Atlanta. Bijon Robinson obvious A grade. I believe. I don't think I need to spend any more time on Bijon Robinson other than.
Speaker 5: The fact his mom calls said his name is Bajan.
Speaker 1: Well, too bad. We are not going to even dignify that. Unfortunately, there's there's an opportunity here for Well. I think we're just gonna go obviously mb John Robinson and just move. Ok okay good, Let's go to the passing game beginning with this guy, Drake London. Mixed bag for Drake London. In this game, Commanders have allowed the fourth most yards and the most touchdowns to wide receivers and rookie cornerback e Manuel Forbes. So they took in the first round getting killed out there. He's allowed the second most yards of any player and over twenty yards per reception. Drake London could be a very sneaky start here. Volume is always an issue with London. He ranks forty eighth in targets and that worries me a little bit because you can that's Arthur Smith, right, So for any other team this would be an A grade opportunity, but I can't do it with London because of Arthur Smith and the potential that he's sitting on a four target game. So just the B grade on Drake London. What about the tight ends? John new Smith backup tight end, Kyle Pitts, what about Van Jefferson and Jeff we're keeping We are keeping John hu Smith and Kyle Pitts on the bench. Oh boy, now, Johnny, I know what you're thinking, John, Who's got more receptions, more yards. He's an amazing athlete. I know that's what you're thinking right now.
Speaker 5: That's exactly it.
Speaker 1: But Washington's been very good against tight ends, allowing the fourth fewest fantasy points. They put very capable tight ends zach Ertz, Dawson, Knox, Dalton Kink, Dallas Goddard, all on bad games, and only Cole Comet has found the tight end front the end zone. The only tight end excuse me, no tight end? His top forty two yards against Washington, John Ojohnu and Kyle Pitts on the bench.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing. Kyle Pitts actually plays wide receiver though.
Speaker 1: So you say so, you say, all right, so where does that leave us on our quarterback? Desmond Ritter, coming off the best game of his career, his first three hundred yard game, winning and this is a home game and we and although the deal on his home road splits pretty positive matchup, so maybe keeps the juice flowing here. Only Josh Dobbs has failed to score multiple touchdowns against Washington, including the Justin Fields explosion last week against Washington. For all the talent to that Commander's defensive line, that looks you know, with all the first rounders, man, they don't do much. They ranked twenty sixth in pass rush win rate for all those fourth all those first rounders, very very weird. All right, let's move on Brian Colts taking on the Jaguars Gardner Minshew at the helm. As you've already mentioned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's might take a chance on me quarterback, which it generally equivocates to a CE, but I really have a B grade on him. It's a pass funnel defense, as I mentioned for the Jaguars, Minshew's former team. So for that reason, Michael Pittman gets an A his last three games. And by the way, these teams did play in Week one, Jacksonville won thirty one to twenty one in Indy, so we had some recent days to hear Pittman's last three games against the Jags starting with that Week one matchup this season, eight catches for ninety seven yards and a touchdown, thirteen catches for one hundred and thirty four yards, six catches for sixty four yards and a touchdown, and the Jaguars are allowing more than one hundred and eighty yards end a touchdown per game to wide receivers. So Pittman again, a grade for him, and watch out for rookie Josh Downs.
Speaker 4: He gets a B. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Downs has drawn a twenty four percent target share with Minshew's quarterback. That's some B squad chemistry from preseason right there, that spent a.
Speaker 4: Lot of time together.
Speaker 6: Got to love it Downs averaging seven targets and five catches over his last three games. And I smell a breakout game here on Sunday for the rookie. Not a breakout. I don't know if he's ever going to break out ever. And that's Alec Pierce. He is on the bench.
Speaker 1: I'm done with him.
Speaker 5: Catch totals field all the time he is.
Speaker 1: He's on the field like ninety one percent of the plays. They never thrown him ever.
Speaker 2: By the way, Josh Downs, my prespect two weeks ago. Hope you picked him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Pierce catch totals one two, three, one one. He had one catch five yards against Jacksonville in Week one.
Speaker 1: I tried Josh Downs as they take a chance, I mean guy like two three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was yeah, he wasn't ready. He wasn't ready. Not exactly right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it was out Pierce. I tried all Piers, I missed, spoke well.
Speaker 5: Josh Downs wasn't he's yeah.
Speaker 4: And per usual we're off the Colts tight ends.
Speaker 6: Way too much of a rotation there until until Jolyns come back.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And of course we have.
Speaker 6: To talk about Zach Moss and Jonathan Taylor. We'll get into this more later. Let' let's focus on the matchup. Brutal matchup for both uh Taylor and Moss. Opposing running backs were averaging just ninety two combo yards when facing the Jaguars, who have surrendered just one total touchdown to the position this season. Deon Jackson, Jake Funk, and Evan Hole combined for fifty seven scoreless yards when these teams in Week one. So I have just a c on Moss and Taylor. You gotta like Moss a little more than Taylor. Going into this game, but just a see for both over to the Jacksonville side. It doesn't look like any of my high school report cards, because there are some good grades.
Speaker 4: Here, starting with Travis Etn.
Speaker 6: He gets an a one hundred and four combo yards in a score against the Colts in Week one. India has allowed three rushing touchdowns for running backs over their last two games, and Etn is getting bellcow usage as much to the chagrin of Paul Charchian and Tank Bigsby. We're not gonna call Bigsby a dead dat yet when you're bringing the Caddy shacks sounder, I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, all right, look, I just need to own up on this. I really thought Tank Bigsby would have be a much bigger part of the offense. I loved what I saw in the preseason. I was skeptical about Travis Etn. He's been good and he is an absolute belcow in a league where there's only about six of them, and he's one of them. Yep, I I was I was wrong.
Speaker 6: Sticking with the Calvin Ridley gets an a. He had eight catches one hundred and one yards in a touchdown when these teams met in Week one. Other notable wide receiver box scores against the Colts this year Nico Collins seven for one forty six and two, Tank Dell seven to seventy two and one, Puka Nakua nine catches one sixty three in a touchdown, and DeAndre Hopkins had eight catches for one hundred and forty yards against the Colts last week. Missed a touchdown by about half a shoe size, so he almost had a monster game. So Ridley in line for another big game. He gets the a Christian Kirk though, just to see he was invisible in this Week one matchup, just one catch for nine score less.
Speaker 1: I was in a panic at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Colt slot cornerback Kenny Moore is legit. He hasn't allowed a touchdown or more than five catches or sixty yards in a game this season. It's a much better matchup for boundary wide receivers. That's why Say Jones gets a start in great with the see he had five catches for fifty five yards in a touchdown in the Week one game.
Speaker 1: Well, you need to watch his injury stats, need to watch a real chance he does not play.
Speaker 6: If he doesn't play, obviously you're not going to play him. I would roll with him as a wide receiver. Three if he does suit up, the Colts are allowing nearly fifteen catches and one hundred and ninety yards per game to wide receivers, and again, a much stronger matchup for the boundary guys. And if Jones does sit, I might bump Kirk up to a beak because he can run from the outside. A good matchup for Evan Ingram. He gets a be five catches for forty nine scoreless yards in the Week one matchup, but that.
Speaker 4: Feels like a safe floor here.
Speaker 6: Over their last two games, the Colts have yielded twenty three targets to tight ends and lastly, easy a for Trevor Lawrence with all these starting grades on his receivers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lawrence is sitting on a I think of a really nice game here. I think I've got him ranked in the top five for the week. Should be a good one for him. If you miss any part of the show, you can always check all my player rankings available for free at Guillotine leagues dot com. You don't even have to be playing in a Guillotine league, although why wouldn't you play in a guillotine league. But yeah, if you don't want to, you don't have to. We won't make you, and you can still get all the player rankings for three if you do want to join a guillotine league basically drafting every day of the week except Sundays. So you got a lot of opportunities to join a gullotine league. Thirteen weeks left, so thirteen team leagues starting now at Guillotine leagues dot com. When we came back, three tough Questions play along see if you can go three and zero our number two Fantasy Football Weekly. This is a segment we like to call three tough Questions.
Speaker 3: Tough Question Number one.
Speaker 1: Will Jonathan Taylor resume his role as a bell cow back at any point this year? Scott?
Speaker 2: So, when I first saw this, and in fairness, your question mentioned seventy percent plus carries, Yes, I thought that was an insanely high number until I look usage. Yeah, last year eight games over that, the year before eight games over that, like, and he missed games due to injury, so the majority of his games he's going over that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't want a way down the listeners with yeah, and I wanted you guys to know what the standard was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming back from ankle surgery and you know his maybe he had it, maybe he didn't back issue. I would I would expect it to be know and with Moss playing the way he is, However, that investment they paid it, It's not like investing in a quarterback. They paid him to do some work out there. I think he's gonna have once he gets going, once he's fully healthy, I think he will have some games like that. I don't know how long Moss can keep this up, and if he's got the matchups for it, I think he might get to that in a few games going later in the season.
Speaker 5: Well, so the.
Speaker 1: Question was meant predominantly now predominantly like one game, okay, on on total? Will he go back to being a bell cow at some point this year? Where you know from that point.
Speaker 5: Didn't you know what?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna predominantly I'm gonna go now. I think they'll be just enough split.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, Will Jonathan Taylor resume his role as a bell cow back at any point this season?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say no, Zach Moss.
Speaker 6: I mean, let's talk about the timing of last week's breakout game. We've suffered through like three seasons of Zach Moss.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it. Well, I was right there with you taking for Zach Moss over the last three years.
Speaker 4: I was riding Shotgun.
Speaker 5: I was did you get a three year peak?
Speaker 4: But he broken't? I mean, he's RB six right now, Zach.
Speaker 1: West, you know what's gonna happen, Sorry to interrupt, twenty twenty seven, Tank Bigsby is gonna come alive playing for or I don't know, the Bears or something.
Speaker 2: In fairness here, if you're gonna get a running back like that, wrong, at least you're getting a double digit round running back.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Nobody took Tank Bigsby before round fourteen? Anyway, all right, sorry, continue, Brian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Moss currently orb sick in total points among running backs.
Speaker 4: He didn't even play in Week one.
Speaker 6: He went off for one hundred and ninety five combo yards and two touchdowns against the Titans last week were like the toughest run defense in the league at the time. So there's legitimacy here to Zach Moss. And now the Colts are invested in Jonathan Taylor for the next three years at least on paper. They're competing in the division, so they're not just gonna they want to know somewhat salage him for a playoff run.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna say no, this is going to be a.
Speaker 6: Sixty forty split. It best for Taylor in his favor.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a tough question. It is this lives up to the title.
Speaker 3: Off question number one.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of many similar talking points and something about how good Zach Moss has been. You've hit on most of those, Brian. From just a pure talent standpoint, Jonathan Taylor really should be way more talented given how insanely good he was, not just really the one season, but his rookie season after it took a while for him to ramp up, like second half of rookies season then the next year. Those two seasons he scored thirty two touchdowns and he averaged one hundred and three yards per game average. I mean, it was an insane run for him.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Eventually, talent almost always prevails in the NFL. Yeah, but can it prevail at the seventy percent threshold? That's when Zach Moss has proven himself to be good. I lean know, and you know and it's funny. At first I thought, well, the contract, he's forty million dollars, you want to get a return on that. But then I started thinking, Okay, it's three years. They may want to not run him into the ground in year one. If it's three year deal.
Speaker 2: I think about this a fair amount. And this is a little bit of a segue. How much does coach he like? Do the coaches even care about that when they're on the field and trying to win a game?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in the heat of the battle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, coaches do whatever you like. We're trying to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're going to go now.
Speaker 3: Tough. Question Number two.
Speaker 1: Is kJ Osborne going to be a viable weekly starter while Justin Jefferson is out?
Speaker 6: Brian Johnson, I'm gonna say no, you start him this week at Chicago a good matchup. Week seven, he has the forty nine ers. It's not as bad a matchup as you think against San Francisco because you have to throw a lot against them because the forty nine ers score a lot of points. But then at Green Bay a bad matchup versus Atlanta a bad matchup. Beyond that, in week ten, when when Justin Jefferson could be back, We're not sure if he will be. They have the Saints another brutal matchup and kJ Osborne you called them slippery earlier. Were you talking about his hands and how many drops he does?
Speaker 1: Too many drops?
Speaker 6: He was ducking, dodging, he diving, touched it. He can duck the pass he can so he can he can duck, dive, dodge, wrenches footballs. He's not a viable weekly starter. It's matchup base and right now, looking ahead, he doesn't have many good matchups outside of the Bears this week.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna say, no, not viable.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Scott Fish. It's kJ Osbourne going to be a viable weekly starter while Justin Jefferson is out.
Speaker 2: So when I started looking at this, I thought, yeah, duh at because it's while Justin Jefferson is out.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not for the season. Like for the season.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I don't know once Jefferson's back, but while he's out, yes, the matchups are absolutely very tough. But also this Vikings team passes at the highest rate in the NFL, and it's actually not that close. It's insane how much they pass. He was already playing ninety percent of the snaps, but now thirty four percent of the team's target shaars, thirteen percent of the end zone targets, and forty eight percent of the air yards need to go somewhere. Maybe the offense isn't as good and there's little less, but it needs to go somewhere. And maybe if the offense is not as good, Minnesota will fall behind more in some of those tough matchups coming up, and they're gonna have to pass a lot. I think he's absolutely viable at minimum a wide receiver three on a lot of fantasy teams.
Speaker 1: The good on kJ As is he knows this offense. He likely knows all of justin Jefferson's routes. He's been migrated out of the slot this year. In the previous years, he had been like a sixty percent slot guy. This this year he's down to forty five percent, So he hadn't been just this pure slot guy like he had been much more in years past. You mentioned Kevin O'Connell loves to pass league's highest pass ratio. That's good. The drops have been ugly this year, But if you go back and look at the totality of his career. He's not a dropped ball guy. It's it's been unique to this season.
Speaker 2: And drops are one of the least sticky stats for wide receivers.
Speaker 5: I bet they're not sticky at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you are. I'm thinking of Williamson, Devin Williams, Troy Williamson.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: Now here's the real ketch fairness.
Speaker 5: He did drop. They just went through his arms.
Speaker 1: Capture too. Where JJ kills defenders is on the deep balls from the strong armed arm of Kirk Cousins. And then what he does after the catchdown field that's not kJ Osbourne. Get this. He has zero targets this year over nineteen yards. Last year he had four catches over nineteen yards. That's it. This is so it's so much harder to gain fantasy relevancy when you're not getting targeted downfield. Those those are the plays that you that where you roll up the fantasy points. We mentioned the negative schedule. If I imagine myself after Chicago this week talking about kJ Osborne, it's going to be bench and C bench, C, bench C kind of stuff. I don't think. I don't think he's going to be a viable weekly starter, not weekly starter. You know the question was phrase weekly starter. We're going to go now.
Speaker 3: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: Kansas City wide receiver Rashid Rice will finish the year as a wide receiver one, a wide receiver two, a flex or a bench player.
Speaker 2: Scott Fish first hot take on Osborne. Maybe he didn't see those deep targets because Jefferson was.
Speaker 1: There over to Rashid. Right, we're on the Jefferson routes right, so you know, maybe wide receiver two.
Speaker 2: I'm going a little bullish. We've seen this many times before where it's taken some rookies a while to start hitting, and then they hit late in the season. We saw with John Dottson last year. Obviously, new new oci and all that stuff this year. So he gets thirty two percent targets per route run, meaning when he gets in the game, he gets he gets targeted just for the listeners, Jamar Chase twenty five percent, justin Jefferson twenty eight percent. Like so when Rashid Rice gets in they throw to him. It just says that they don't either fully trust him to be out there all the time, or he doesn't have all the routes down or whatever. He's getting worked in thirteen percent of the team's end zone targets when he's in the game. The Chiefs offense also hasn't really fully come together. They seem a little off so far early in this Once they get going, and for sure, you Rice starts taking more snaps, yeah, I like it. Wide receiver two later in the season.
Speaker 1: Brian Kansas City wide receiver Rashie Rice will finish the year as a wide receiver one, wide receiver two, flex or bench.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna echo what most of Scott said. They're averaging less than five targets per games because he's not on the field enough. The snaps go up, the targets will go up, and you have to trust that's going to happen soon, hopefully, because he clearly looks like the best wide receiver on the team. And of course we're not talking about Travis Kelsey. He's a tight end who really plays wide receiver like Kyle Pitts. But I don't know how how quickly they're going to ramp up Rashi Rice's involvement in the offense, even though they really should. But I'm gonna play it safe and just say flex. But He's definitely gonna be startable most weeks down stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally you'd highlight the opportunity inherent in catching passes from Patrick Mahomes, but we all know that that has not equated into wide receiver success for anybody outside of Tyreek Hill in the history of Patrick Holmes career. So there is massive opportunity though, for a Kansas City wide receiver to finally take command of that position group. This is the first guy that looks like eye test she Rice looks like he could be that guy. He's big, he's strong, and he's got shocking burst after the catch. He looks like a running back. I love that about him. The draft equity is good. It's second round pick, although that hasn't done anything for sky Moore.
Speaker 5: Was also a second round pick, first round pick.
Speaker 1: Or Mian kil Harmon. Great point, justin Watson's going to be out for a while round by the Giants. I think in totality we've finished the year. I think it's going to be flex. I want to believe wide receiver, I know in my heart, but I think the reality we always want these rookies to come along faster than they do, especially receivers almost always. I think the answer is going to be flex.
Speaker 5: The answer is flex. I just wanted to be fun and bullish.
Speaker 1: I like, you want to be bullish about a Patriots offense averaging eleven not even the offense as a team eleven points per game. The offense is even worse. Nope, this is a disaster situation for New England. Bill Belichick's two biggest most lopsided losses of his entire career back the last two weeks. General manager Bill Belichick has sunk the career of head coach Bill Belichick. Scott, talk to me about the Patriots. Is there anybody you're playing even against the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Nope, Nope, there is that Mac Jones. Has you know, been benched basically the last week or two, oh yeah, two weeks twice, yeah, twice, So we don't even know that he'll finish the game. Since the opener, Mac has barely been averaging two hundred yards and just two scores total in those four games. This fluttering offense puts all the pass catchers on the bench, even though Juju Smith, Schuster, and Tamario Douglas will be out. I can't even put Devonte Parker, anybody in your lineup? This this Pats offense, get this? Thirty four straight drives without a touchdown? Oh geez, thirty four straight drives.
Speaker 1: Thirty four cracks at the end zone and you can't do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So do you do you want Hunter Henry, a mostly touchdown dependent tight end in there?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 2: Ramondre Stevenson has gone full split with Ezekiel Elliott over the last two weeks, and he's super inefficient. Third worst rush yards over expected, behind only Dalvin Cook and cab Akers.
Speaker 1: What happened to Ramondre Stevenson so dynamic?
Speaker 5: Get this three catches total in the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: As a as a good pass catcher as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ramandre's snap percentages decreased five consecutive weeks. Zeke's increased four street But you're not starting either. Over to the Raiders, I had Jacoby Myers as might take a chance on me. Player DeVonta Adams is an automatic a every week. Just get him in your lineup, Jimmy g I do have on the bench though. The New England Patriots only allowing two hundred and eight yards per game and just four scores over five games they played.
Speaker 5: Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 2: They played Tua, they played They've played some quarterbacks and they've done that. Third hardest matchup for quarterbacks. Jimmy G's on your bench. But I think Davante and Jacoby just get the He can throw two hundred yards in one score and Joe Cooby and DeVante can be startable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 2: They'll get all of it, and they do. That's how their offense is set up. Josh Jacobs got a B grade on him. Seventy nine percent of the running back snaps, seventy five percent of the rushops opportunities, nineteen percent of the team targets. Been over twenty touches in four or five games. That's gonna get you the volume c anyway. But he's averaging nearly four or averaging four point six catches per game wiki, which gets his grade a little bit higher. And the path so the tenth easiest matchup. They just gave up ninety seven to Kamara and ninety to Kendrey Miller just last week in one game. Josh Jacobs gets everything B grade there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a very strong opportunity for Josh Jacobs. It started slow, but Jacob's coming around now it sounds like we could be talking about Justin Fields, who started slow, coming around beautifully right now. Does he stay hot against the Minnesota Vikings? Find out when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Georgian, Scott Fish, Brian Johnson with you. Vikings take on the Bears. It's a Vikings first game without Justin Jeffer, which obviously net hurts the whole offense, but it does provide more targets for kJ Osbourne, Jordan Addison, more runs for Alexander Madison. Bear secondary gets healthier here with Jalen Johnson coming back, Eddie Jackson expected back as well, that could be a huge boosts for them. Let's start with Alexander Madison. So I find this fascinating that finally a Vikings run heavy game plan should be coming here, not just because Jefferson is out, but also because the Bears run defense is bad. Chicago's allowed the third most points to running backs this season. They've allowed the third most tight ends to running backs eight already, did I say tight ends? Third most touchdowns to running backs eight already? Also the most receiving yards to running backs. Madison's not a gifted pass catcher, but he can pull in a few. The Vikings have the fifth best run block win rate, and the Vikings offensive line ranks number one by Pro Football Focus and run Blocking. I think Chris sitting on a really nice Alexander Madison game. This is the first one that I feel good about having in my lineup in all year.
Speaker 5: Viking offensive line number one.
Speaker 1: I never thought that would happen. It's a weird end of time stuff right here. Let's go to the receivers, beginning with TJ. Hockinson coming off a brutal game with three drops. He leads all tight ends in targets, probably drops two, and that won't diminish. With Jefferson out, He's going to continue to get a ton of looks for tight ends against the Bears. Volume equals success. Every tight end to get over fifty yards has also scored, and only one tight end has seen five or more targets and not scored. Eighty five percent of the tight end targets against the Bears have been completed. So even coming off a bad game for TJ, howkinson a grade on this opportunity? Boy, Let's see if it works out. Jordan Addison expected to go in this game. We're going to continue to monitor him up to game time. However, should continue running roughly the same route tree that he was before the Jefferson injury, but he should see more passes and Jefferson leaves behind ten targets per game. The Bears are bottom twelve in yards and touchdowns allowed to receivers, but as I mentioned, they are healthier now and should be better. I'm a little bit worried that Jalen Johnson, the one good cornerback the Bears have, that he's just going to shadow Jordan Addison and take that deep stuff that Jordan Adison has been good at take that away. That would worry me, and it subdues my ranking on Jordan Addison a bit. That, along with the injury, knocks him down to a C grade. kJ Osbourne was might take a chance on the wide receiver. He comes in with a C grade as well, and Kirk Cousins I've got I've got an A grade on Hockinson, I've got C grades on his receivers, so we'll split the difference and go B grade on Kirk Cousins. He's the NFL leader in completions and touchdown passes, and the Bears have allowed the second most passing touchdowns and the most passing yards. But again, as I mentioned, they should be getting healthier with Jalen Johnson and Eddie Jackson back. Bears ranked dead last and pass rush by Pro Football Focus, So Kirk should have some time in the pocket for a change for the NFL's most quarterback in back to back years. All right, let's go to the Chicago side. I think we've gone to a point where DJ Morris just obvious a guy now, but we don't have to really even talk about it. But rest assured none of the Vikings cornerbacks can hang with him, and a Caleb Evans, one of the starting cornerbacks, may not play in this game with a knee injury. That would only give more fuel to the fire for the A grade on DJ Moore.
Speaker 6: I saw justin Fields as a perfect passer rating when targeting DJ Moore this year.
Speaker 1: That's saying a lot because justin Field is not of a perfect passer rating in most other situations. But you know what, he does have the second most passing touchdowns in the league and the second most rushing yards among quarterbacks. That's why we drafted justin Field to begin with. The Vikings have surrendered multiple quarterback touchdowns in every game except Bryce Young and the only mobile quarterback they faced, Jalen Hurts, scored twice on the ground. The Vikings on the second worst opponent completion percentage and the second worst pass rush pressure by ranked by por Football Focus, so a grade on justin Field. Cole Komet comes in with a B grade. He's not three touchdowns in the last two weeks. He's topped forty five yards and four straight against Minnesota. He scored a touchdown last time they faced each other. The Vikings have allowed three touchdowns the tight ends already, including three in the last three games. Three different opposing tight ends have had six or more receptions against Minnesota. Darnell Mooney coming in with a starting grade YEP. He runs from the slot in three quarters of his plays and as a glorious matchup against Minnesota. The Vikings guard the slot with a lot of different ways, but most often the you struggling cornerback Byron Murphy. He's allowed three touchdowns already, including two last week, and he's giving up an approaching perfect opposer passer rating of one hundred and forty one for Byron Murphy. Minnesota's allowed the third most fantasy points to slot receivers like Darnell Mooney. Dust him off for this game. And lastly, Khalil Herbert's been ruled out. Roshawn Johnson's been ruled out, Travis Homer's been ruled out. DoD de Foreman last man standing. He'll give up virtually all the work here. Darrnton Evans, by the way, is your backup running back?
Speaker 5: What about blazing game car the fullback Viking to carry.
Speaker 1: The Vikings were destroyed at national television by DeAndre Swift, so I think there's a perception out there that they're really bad against the run. But non DeAndre Swift runners are averaging two point eight yards per carry, and the Vikings are giving up just sixty four rushing yards per game to non DeAndre Swift runners, which extrapolated across the whole league would be second best in the league. So it's actually a pretty decent run defense.
Speaker 6: And the Eagles offensive line, it's ridiculous, they're so proby the best in the NFL, probably run blocking at least.
Speaker 1: I'm only giving forman the c grade here. I think points are coming a lot in different ways, and the Vikings run defense is good in their past defense isn't Let's go to the Saints taking on the Texans. Brian Chris Olave had a nice bounce back game last week. What do you think about Chris o'lave this week against a surprisingly tough Texan secondary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Liking Olave a whole lot this week. I'm not gonna bene them, but just to see for Olave, who is dealing with a toe injury, but he should play a bad matchup though Houston has allowed the eleventh fewest perceptions, the fifth fewest yards, and just one wide receiver touchdown all season. Houston cornerback Stephen Nelson has only allowed twelve catches on the season and no more than fifty three yards in a game. And it's a long shot, but Houston could get cornerback Derek Stingley back, who only allowed too soon okay receptions in his first two games of the season.
Speaker 4: That's TBD. You got to monitor that.
Speaker 6: But if he comes back, I'm still starting to olive, but I like him a whole lot less.
Speaker 4: But either way, just to see for Olave.
Speaker 6: But I have Michael Thomas Rashid Shaheed on the bench for this one as our tight ends. Taysom Hill, well, depending on what sight you're playing on, I'll call Taysom Hill a tight end and Juwan Johnson if he even makes his return this week, they're on the bench.
Speaker 4: As is Derek Carr.
Speaker 6: Carr has in top two hundred passing yards and three straight games and is total just three touchdowns during that same span. On the other side, By the way.
Speaker 1: As a quick note, some of us mentioned this repeatedly in the preseason. Derek Carr not really an upgrade over Andy Dalton at quarterback. In fact, we talked about that as a lateral move that might have been generous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we call him emo Andy Dalton. Derek Carr.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Texans three passing touchdowns allowed all season, just two hundred and twenty nine passing yards per game by opposing quarterbacks. So Carr on the bench, but Alvin Kamara not on the bench?
Speaker 4: What year is it? Because he's getting a.
Speaker 6: Oh A for Alvin Kamara averaging nearly twenty five touches per game over the last two weeks. That's the highest clip in the league among running backs. During that span, the Texans are yielding more than twenty eight touches to opposing backs for more than one hundred and twenty five combo yards and a full touchdown per game. So, with Jamal Williams still on IR, I got an a on Alvin Kamara, and if you're really desperate, I'll throw a segar at Kendre Miller, who had sixteen touches, four catches for them being catches for fifty three yards. Granted it was a blowout win at New England, but if you're desperate for running back, Kendre Miller is startable against a Texans defense that is funneling their opposition to the run over to the Texans side on offense, starting with Damian Pierce. Another brutal matchup for Pierce. It's not entirely his fault. He's been dealing with a banged up offensive line. Awful matchups.
Speaker 1: They have the offensive line ranks dead last and run blocking by Pro Football Focus.
Speaker 6: They should be getting back left tackle Laramie Tunzel the Texans that is. That will certainly help, but even so, again an awful matchup for Pierce. The Saints are allowing just ninety six combo yards per game to running backs and they haven't surrendered a score to the position all season. So just to see on Pierce float this bad matchup by the Pierce manager and that he has a bye next week, and try to buy a low because the Sedle softens up big time after the Texans by in week seven.
Speaker 1: I need it because I got Damian Pierce all over the place, as you can imagine.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you do.
Speaker 6: I do as well. So we'll root for that soft schedule. It's starting in week eight. Nico Collins Robert Woods can give them both a ce. Tank Dell has been ruled out with the concussion. Scott, you had a concussion stat I don't think you've mentioned it.
Speaker 4: I think it's worth worthwhile.
Speaker 2: No, oh yeah, I looked it up with Kincaid and Russian. Johnson's obviously out now, but out of the sixteen players that have had concussions, fourteen of them missed the next game. The protocols have been tightened since the two of things last week, only two have come back. So if you see a player going out with the concussion, assume they're almost assume that they're.
Speaker 5: Going to miss the next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good stuff right there.
Speaker 6: So Tank Dell ruled out, so there will be more looks for Collins and Robert Woods.
Speaker 4: Woods should play. He's dealing with a I.
Speaker 6: Believe a rib injury of his own, like t Higgins, but he should be suited up for this one. But it's a bad matchup. New Orleans allowing just one hundred and forty three yards and less than a touchdown per game to why receivers as a whole, So just a see for Nico Collins and Robert Woods. I have Dalton Schultz on the bench. He went off last week, but this is a bad spot against the Saints, who have allowed eleven catches, ninety nine yards and a touchdown to tight.
Speaker 4: Ends all season.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Luke Musgrave was the only tight end to top twenty yards against New Orleans. But he is the fastest player on the Packers. I don't think Dalton Schultz is the fastest player.
Speaker 1: And by the way, twenty yards is nothing. That is a very low threshold.
Speaker 6: Oh it's a very low play. I think he had like forty nine yards, so he actually had a decent game musk Grave. But anyway, Schultz is on the bench and I was close to Benching CJ. Stroud, I do not like his receivers a whole lot. I will give him a see, even though the Saints are ranked the sixth against the pass by Pro Football Focus and the only second lowest opponent completion percentage at fifty seven percent. But you know what else has not been great? The opposing quarterbacks to face the Saints. We're talking Ryan Tannehill, Bryce Young, Jordan Love, Baker Mayfield, who actually had a great game. He had three touchdowns, yes, and then Mac Jones Bailey's appy last week. So Baker Bakyfield the only competent quarterback the Saints have faced, and c. J. Stroud certainly certainly looks more than competent, So I will give him a ce.
Speaker 4: But it's a pretty soft one.
Speaker 1: Scott Carter is taking on the Rams. I already mentioned Josh Dobbs was my take a chance, I mean quarterback.
Speaker 5: No, I think you mentioned to Mary Dear Marcotta was your running back.
Speaker 1: Both I got Bobbs was your quarterback. I was Baby's by quarterback. Oh man, So yeah, I like Josh Dobbs. What do you think of his receivers?
Speaker 5: The only one I actually have a grade on is. Oh, no, that's not true. I would do. I do true.
Speaker 1: Grand's got a lit of Mike Wilson in there.
Speaker 2: I nope, nopeh Marquise Brown. I do have a B grade on He's averaging five for sixty eight over the last four and scored three times. He's been over fifty yards in all four. If you're getting fifty yards and you're getting four catches and all that, you're at nine points right there, right, and it's a decent spot.
Speaker 5: Brown will run about excuse me.
Speaker 2: Brown runs about eighty one percent of his route against the spot where Akila Witherspoon is. It's a not a great matchup forty point nine percent catch right, thirty six point seven passer ratings.
Speaker 5: So I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't give him an A. That's if he moves around, he might get a better matchup. But B is the absolute best I can give him. I might even take it down to a sea bit it's a good enough matchup. I'll give him a B. The C grade is not going to Michael Wilson, who's had a few good games, but he's got a pretty tough matchup in the outside. It's going to Ronde Moore slot Rams allowed the ninth most of the slot, but mostly with Connor out, Rondel Moore is getting carries.
Speaker 5: He's getting deebo volume. He's getting three to four carries.
Speaker 1: He's spilled like a toothpick. Why is he getting carries?
Speaker 5: I don't tell him. I don't know. I think they just like him on stretch runs and jet sweeps and fourteen.
Speaker 6: Point five yards per carry for Rondell Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah carries, yeah, yeah, if he's gonna get three four five carries, now that Josh, now that Connor is completely out. If he's gonna get three four five carries and he's going to get a few targets, it's a It's enough in a matchup against in the slot that I like.
Speaker 5: I'm giving him a C grade. It's probably more of a dart throw, honestly.
Speaker 2: Zach Ertz, I got a B grade on fifth best matchup for tight ends. Three scores allowed in just the last two weeks, including god Its explosion last week. He leads the team in red zone targets. Yeah, B grade on zach Ertz. Over to the Rams side, Matthew Stafford was might take a chance on me quarterback? Yep, I like Puka Nikoua with an A grade. Do I need to talk about Puka and Cup? I will say in a game Stafford only through thirty seven times, which was his second lowest mark of the season.
Speaker 1: Last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cup and Nikoua each had ten plus targets. Those two combined for sixty two percent of the targets.
Speaker 1: Genious about two to two out. Well, you know who was absolutely fantasy viable up time on the bench. I think I think the runs over for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cards are allowing third most to the slot where Puka and Cups switch off two two out. Well, just two catches on nine yards. I got him back on the last week in that return for Cup on the bench, Tyler Higby, I got on the bench too. They held Kittle to nine yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not great's Oh.
Speaker 2: Wait, Kien Williams real quick converted for a five from inside the five I mentioned earlier in the year. According to next Gen stats, Kyed Williams is the only back with at least thirty tempts to not have faced the name box. But he's getting all the volume. Fifth worst rush yards over expectation, but all the volume I'm giving the volume. C I could be talked into a bee bit a volume C for Kien Williams.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not a great player, but at the opportunity is absolutely great for Kyron Williams. Yeah, your opportunity to look like a genius is coming up next because we're gonna give you a bunch of players that you'll want to pick up this week that everybody else is going to try to pick up next week, and they're already on your roster, and you're gonna look and feel brilliant when we return to Fantasy Football Weekly. Final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly for week number six. This is a segment we call premature speculation. We give you a player you want to pick up this week. Let other people be trying to bring up down the road, but you've already got him, Scott Fish.
Speaker 2: You know what, you already gave a C letter starting grade to the guy I was gonna go with. Who's that Darnell Mooney. I think he's got a great match up here against Minnesota. Next week he gets a decent slot match up, you know, bottom twelve Raiders against the slot. Okay, and then the week after that he gets the Chargers, who are just as bad as Minnesota defending the past he's got. You know, I don't know that I love Darnell for the full season, but it's a good three game stretch that might be flexworthy over buys.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, your premature speculation player.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give a two for a two for one. I have running backs from Tampa Bay Sean Tucker and from Cleveland Kareem Hunt, and the rational rationale is the same for both. There's one guy ahead of each YEP, and they could beat them on talent alone. If an injury were to happen, we got you got a starting running back in each case. And they both have had their buy in week five, So moving forward, okay, they could be a viable warm body, especially starting in week seven when there are six teams on buy and everyone's gonna be looking for running back.
Speaker 4: So Sean Tucker and Kareem Hunt.
Speaker 1: Neither one's done anything to this point, but it's about opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll be out. They're available.
Speaker 1: That's They're a warm body running back.
Speaker 2: That's why I said Keaton Mitchell last week. I'm like, you know, a running back behind some interfestion backs. Hopefully they plan.
Speaker 1: Home, all right, I've already mentioned Johnny Wood's name like three times in this show, and he's an on ir for Pete's sake. But it's a hamstring injury suffered in OTAs. For the love of God, this thing to timetable. It should be coming back soon.
Speaker 5: Find someone who loves you as much as Church loves july.
Speaker 1: Ts not possible. Colts tight Ends without him right now are averaging eight targets sixty two yards per game. They've scored in three out of five games. And that's the likes of Kyle Granson and Andrew Ogletree and Moe Ali Cox Jelohnny Woods is six foot seven, two hundred and sixty pounds. Last year he averaged thirteen yards per receptions and five yards after the catch. The dude is a freaking beast, an insane athletic specimen. He's rangy. He gets opened downfield, so much more talent than Moe Ali Cox Kyle Granson at some point, and I can only hope it sooner rather than later. Johnny Wood's going to make an impact at a position everybody needs help at tight end. I love it all right, Let's go back to our matchups. Eagles taking on the Jets. DeAndre Swift has entered into obvious a territory does not need any more really, I think discussion than that, except I'm going to mention this. It's coming off a game where we just had six receptions and the Jets are giving up the most reception and the second most receiving yards to runners. So he's going to help you two different ways. For Deandres Swift, let's go to the receivers. AJ Brown B grade in a tricky matchup, but he's red hot with over one hundred and twenty five yards in three straight games. On one half of the field, the Jets have Sauce Gardner, a top ten Pro Football Focus coverage corner. On the other side, they have DJ Reid, who's expected to clear the concussion protocol by Sunday. Reid is not quite at saut Gartner's level, but he's still very good, and he has allowed a touchdown in nine straight games nine times going back to last year, the Jets have allowed the second fewest wide receiver yards and the fewest touchdowns to wideouts. So AJ Brown just the B grade DeVonta Smith C grade. He's got the same difficult matchup as AJ Brown against Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid, depending which side of the field you're on. But he just gets less volume than Brown, at least in recent weeks, unless they're going to try to force feed Smith to make up for the fact that AJ Brown's dominating right now and he's getting he's been kind of iced out of his own offense. So I've only got the C grade on Smith. You could convince me to go B, but I'm gonna go see Dallas Goddard B grade, you know, because those outside corners. So the Jets are so good. Some teams attack New York with the tight end. The Jets have given up five touchdowns to five different tight ends, and they've given up the tenth most receptions ninth most yards to tight ends. The Jets us linebacker Quincy Williams for some of their tight end coverage, and he's very good. He's his second most pass breakups at the linebacker position. B grade for Dallas Goddard coming off the best game of his season. So I've given you some little A stuff for DeAndre Swift through the air and some b's and some c's. Jalen Hurts comes out with a B grade. Tough matchup against the defense. That's one game removed from putting Patrick Mahomes on two hundred three yards and one touchdown.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: Opposing quarterbacks averaging just two hundred and eighteen yards and just over one touchdown per game against New York. They're averaging as quarterback twenty against the Jets, no quarterback has rushed for a touchdown, but they did give up six rushing touchdowns to quarterbacks last year, and Mahomes and Russell Wilson combined for one hundred rushing yards against them over the last two weeks. So I like Jalen Hurts on the ground enough to make up for the fact that this could be a tricky passing game. The B grade for Jalen Hurts Jets side, there's only two guys that you care about. This team did not get it done against Denver last week, so well one guy did, Price Alid, Yeah, it was under the C grade here. He has assumed full control of the snapcount, with Dalvin Cook down to just seventeen percent of the snaps last week. Billy go brutal matchup, allowing the fewest fantasy points to running backs, including just one touchdown to running backs all year. No back has topped fifty three yards against Philadelphia, and since the opener Runners are averaging just fifteen receiving yards per game, Philly ranks number two run stuff win rate. There's nothing to like about this matchup for Breese Hall except volume and ability C grade. And then there's Garrett Wilson. I was tempted to put him on the bench, but fortunately Eagles best cornerback Darius Slay is out, so that normally Slay shadows the opposing best receiver in many games. Now that might be James Bradbury, who's good, just not as good. Still, you gotta have significant worry about Zach Wilson getting anything done against the Eagles. Eagles have the sixth best pass rush win rate and the seventh best pass rush ranking by Pro Football Focus. No Jalen Carter in this game, though, and that's a bit of a loss to the pass rush. Garrett Wilson's so good he could turn any catch into a big play, so he remains startable. But this is one of the toughest matchups of Garrett Wilson's year.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the.
Speaker 1: Sunday night game that is the Giants. Speaking on the Bills. There are basically no giants left standing for this game.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly, Tyra Taylor is gonna get the start. But this is a matchup for the passing game. Fourth toughest against quarterbacks, got tough against wide receivers as well. You wouldn't start any giants wide receivers anyway. You're not gonna start Taylor anyway. But is there anyone he might start?
Speaker 1: Maybe Darren Waller if he even plays in. If he plays, he's shaping up as a game time decision on a Sunday night.
Speaker 5: Exactly. I have a bench grade on him.
Speaker 2: If you think, if there's better news coming out before you know, before your Sunday morning lineups, you could slot him in. It's a tough matchup the Bills allowing thirty one scoreless yards to tight ends. But last week he got eleven targets, was used all over, was used in motion, used even on a screen. They were really really getting him involved in thirty three percent of Taylor's targets when he came in went to Waller. Okay, so in a game they should be behind. If you get better news before Sunday, I'd bump him up to a sky but with the news we have right now, probably a bench grade.
Speaker 1: Giants are gonna be missing three offensive linemen in this game.
Speaker 2: Saquon Barkley is the same deal, a deal three offensive linemen out. I have a bench grade on him. But if we hear better that he is going to go, and it sounded like he might go, but I would give him a C grade. But reminder that a few years ago he missed a bunch of games on an ankle injury, came back. Here is the ardage totals after coming back from that injury dealing with it. That's not good twenty.
Speaker 5: Five forty fifty five sixty four fifty.
Speaker 2: He did add three to six catches per game, which kept him in a nice sea level. Would you added, you know, three catches for thirty yards on top of it? It's for sure sea level. And Travis CTN just rolled over the Bills like a tank.
Speaker 5: Like a tank.
Speaker 2: Devin a Devon a Chan destroyed them the week before. Breest All also a major game against the Bills, So there is a chance. But if even if Barkley doesn't go, you don't want Gray or brid splitting carries anyway. Now on the Buffalo side, I think Josh Allen and uh Stefan Diggs are obvious a's at this point, so we will move on to Gabe Davis, who has six catches over twenty yards one over forty yards in his five games, and he's scored in four straight games. Get this, Get this gave on Gabe Davis. He's gonna get Trey Hawkins, who allows a one hundred and fifty eight point three passer rating against him at home.
Speaker 5: That's perfect. That's a perfect rating, and say one fifty eight point three on the road.
Speaker 2: Both both happening here beyond Gabe Davis, and that's and over to James Cook for the run game C grade, highest snap percentage, the percentage of the year last week, averaging fifteen touches per game. He's going to get the volume C against the Giants team allowing five point three yards per carry. I'm not trusting Murray or Harris. They need a touchdown to get in there. It is a good game though, good game script for them.
Speaker 1: Cowboys taking on the Chargers, Brian.
Speaker 6: I'll start with the Cowboys side. Tony Poter gets a B. I'm a little worried about this shoulder injury. You should play, but they might limit his workload. A great matchup though, the Chargers allowing one hundred and forty seven combo yards per game to running backs. That's why Rico Dowdell was might take a chance on me running back over a CD lamb. He gets an A. He's the squeaky wheel of the week. He's been upset with his usage and he should be. CD is averaging three point three yards of separation when targeted, that's fifth best, but he's not seeing the ten to twelve targets he needs. Hopefully that change is against the Chargers, who are allowing fifteen catches two hundred and thirty two yards at one point five touchdowns per game to opposing wide receivers. That's why Michael Gallup was, might take a chance on me wide receiver. I was attempted to go to Brandon Cook's so he's been invisible. So he's still on the bench even in a shootout scenario. But Jake Ferguson not on the bench. He gets an A. His route share has gone up in four straight games, from forty percent to fifty eight percent, sixty two percent to seventy three percent. Last week, he leads Dallas and targets per route run and is tied for second among all tight ends in that metric. The Chargers haven't faced much when it comes to tight ends, with TJ. Hockinson and Josh Oliver combined for ten catches, eighty two yard and a touchdown against them in Week three. So Dak Prescott he gets an A based on all these starting grades for his receivers. Over to the Chargers side B for Austin Eckler, who should make his return. The Cowboys have surrendered four touchdowns to running backs over the last three weeks, and they allowed six catches to forty nine Ers backs last week.
Speaker 4: Keenan Allen gets an A.
Speaker 6: With Trayvon Diggs out, the Cowboys secondary is nothing to be scared of. So you're obviously starting Keenan Allen, a top five wide receiver right now. Sure, I'm also starting both Josh Palmer and Quenton Johnson.
Speaker 1: In the show Wow Johnston.
Speaker 6: I like Josh Palmer a little more, but I think Quentin Johnson He's sitting on a breakout game one of these days, and this is a great spot for it to happen. He'll see plenty of double coverage against a secondary that is in shambles without Trayvon Diggs. And lastly, for the pass catchers Gerald Everard and Donald Parham.
Speaker 4: Here we go, both get a c A. As a whole.
Speaker 6: Chargers tight ends are Averjagts five catches in fifty yards per game, and despite having their buy all Edie, they have the second most tight end touchdowns. But all those touchdowns have gone to Parhum. Not my boy Gerald Everett, but he's still the starting tight end. George Kittle just scored thrice on the Cowboys. So if you're desperate, I think you're desperate, you start Parham. But safety on Gerald Everett and of course a very safe A on justin air Bear Herbert again Trayvon Diggs on the shelf. The Cowboys just lost linebacker Layton vander ash to injured. Reserve defensive tackle Neville Gallimore is questionable to play, as his linebacker Dumone Clark and safety juan Ye Thomas. A shootout it's gonna happen on Monday Night, the only game with an over under north of fifty points on the slate or all weekend.
Speaker 1: I like it well done. Parum completely off the injured part practice in full right to have him back oft injured. But we love the athleticism, the size, the talent. Yeah yeah, If you want to join a brand new, fresh Guillotine league, you can do that. We'd love to have you play new leagues forming now thirteen weeks left in the season. That's a lot of fun to be had between now and January. You know how it works. The bottom team gets cut every week and the rest of us feast on the roster of the dead. It's so much fun, all the strategy. When great players hit the waiver wire, it's a blast. You'll love Guillotine Leagues dot com. And if you missed any part of this show and you want to go back and check all our player ratings available for free Guillotine leagues dot com. You don't have to even play in a Guillotine league. The get the player ratings rankings for free Guillotine leagues dot com. Best of luck this week, everybody duck you next week. Cobine Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.