Speaker 1: Warning, this podcast contains spoilers for a whole bunch of stuff. We lay out a bunch of theories about what we think could possibly happen regarding a variety of properties, most specifically the MCU phases four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, so be aware of that, but it's mostly just a lot of theorizing.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: My name is Jason Concepsio, and welcome to x ray Vision, their crooked podcast where we dived fit dear favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. In today's action packed SDCC heavy episode, we're gonna talk about all the SDC news. We're gonna talk about our experiences there, we're gonna talk about the stuff that was announced in the airlock. We're gonna dive into Marvel's extremely heavy, massive surprise laden slate from SDCC, and let's jump into it.
Speaker 2: Joining me today.
Speaker 1: She is the number one Godzilla writer, their number one comics historian, the number one comics journalist. She's reading the comics, she's writing the comics, she's doing at all.
Speaker 2: It's Rosie Night, ladies and gentlemen, Hey.
Speaker 3: It's me. I really that was like very sucsact. That is basically my whole life, she's reading the comics, she's writing in the comic, she's talking about the comics. It's like, that's definitely it.
Speaker 2: Rosie, We're back from Comic Con. How was it? How was it was?
Speaker 3: It was really cool. Yeah, I was a bit nervous about going, obviously because of everything that's going on, but it was really amazing. I was out there predominantly for Den of Geek and they put me up in a tell that was with Walky Distance, which was amazing. And my cover story was there with The Rock and p and Quintessa Swindell, and it was really surreal to see people just giving it out in an extremely unexpected thing that occurred. I think it was Thursday or Friday night. The Rock Dwayne Johnson took my cover story on Jimmy Kimmel, which was being hosted by Kerry Washington, and then was just like Kerry Washington was just holding the cover stuf.
Speaker 2: It was an amazing thing to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none of it, I know.
Speaker 3: None of us knew it was going to happen, and it was the only copy that was out there, so that was really special. And then the Godzilla panel was amazing. It was super stacked, a bunch of people came. We announced a bunch of amazing new comics by a bunch of my friends and people that I love. So that was really cool. And yeah, it was just really good. I played it pretty safe. I didn't really do too many of the parties or anything. I didn't. I just I snuck onto this show floor where I could. But generally I felt like it was very chilled out compared to San Diego's in years past, and it had it had quite a walkable vibe in a way that the old San Diego's didn't. So I was enjoying that. How is it for you and your low? Uh? You had a low little time? Well?
Speaker 1: Let yeah, first of all, uh, I love a con Let me just say that right off the bats love.
Speaker 2: I love a convention.
Speaker 1: If you've never been to SDCC or Dragon Con or New York Comic Con or whatever comic con is in your area, it's so fun. It's like being amongst our people, you know what I mean. Like and you see everyone in costume, You see all the cost playing, You see like whole families in costume, which is always so fun. Walk by artists alley and see artists that you've.
Speaker 2: Loved and admired your entire life.
Speaker 3: Jem Dodam's the most famous eyes. You know. I was I interviewed a couple of people for another piece, like a vibe check piece I have come in and one of them was just like you know. I was walking down the street and Rob Lifeld was walking the other way like it's just every I remember the first time I ever went to San Diego, I was walking. I was just walking around the show floor. It was I think it was probably preview night and I was just chilling and Grant Morrison was there signing at a heavy metal booth and there was no cue, so I was chalking to Grant Morrison, and then two booths over was the Hernandez brothers who do love them rockets, And that really encapsulates.
Speaker 2: The magic of it. That's you can bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can see, you can meet fans who you who love the same stuff as you, but you can also meet those creators. And also, like you said, I saw a whole family and they were dressed as every character from everything everywhere, all at once. So there's just like amazing cosplaying and that this is all the stuff that's aside from those massive moments like hal h, this is just stuff anyone can enjoy.
Speaker 1: And I did host the House of the Dragon paneling age that was first of all the night before. So by now you know that I'm also co hosting the HBO's House of the Dragon podcast, which I'll talk.
Speaker 2: About more in a second. So we were doing interviews, a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of interviews and stuff for that with really exciting people, including one George R. Martin, the guy who started all you'll hear that on the House of the Dragon podcast. But knowing that I had to do that and knowing that I had to be around people, I too was like, I'm not going out. I didn't go out until I had finished all my obligations. I didn't go to art sally do any of that stuff because I was just like, I don't want to get I don't want to be the person that potentially gave anybody COVID. I want to just be responsible in stand now the entire I did not sleep.
Speaker 2: The night before all age because I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, let me watch other people moderate, let me see what it's like, let me get my questions together, let me get all this together.
Speaker 2: And I was like.
Speaker 1: Every time I kind of fell asleep for like five minutes, ten minutes. It was just dreams of me asking questions. And you know, because it's like that was my first SDCC, I've always dreamt about going.
Speaker 2: I've been to many New York comic coms.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I didn't know that that was my fast thing.
Speaker 1: And you know, being inside Hall h that's like the Sistine Chapel. Like I've always just wanted to be there as a person, and it's getting in it is crazy. It's when we were pulling up to do the panel, there was just like a line that just snaked all around and around and around around people Like yeah, they got here at ten thirty with tents the previous night, just camping out. So just to be in there is something I've always wanted to do as a just a civilian, like to take it all in so to be bh. The mic was it was nuts and now I'm not. I don't get nervous. I'm not a person that gets nervous about stuff. I get it cited when I have to be in front of a crowd or interview somebody cool or do anything. I don't but I don't like get scared for whatever reason. I don't know the reason, but this is I was legit.
Speaker 2: It was scared. It was scary.
Speaker 3: You know, there's six thousand people.
Speaker 2: There are six thousand people there. It was packed the lights.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like the backdrop that you've seen the whole time, and and it was.
Speaker 2: It was scary. So let's let's go to the previously on.
Speaker 1: First up, previously on, we're going to talk about all this stuff that we were just teasing. There are one hundred days until midterms. We know just how high the stakes are in on November eighth. We need to make our voices heard and protected. Join Vote Save America's mid Term Madness program and take our count me in pledge to volunteer, including our July thirty first weekend of action. Get involved in the most important elections in twenty twenty two at votes save america dot COM's Lash mid Terms. Okay, HBO's House of the Dragon panel, we're back.
Speaker 3: I had you moderated it.
Speaker 1: So I did moderate it, and by now people know I'm hosting the House of the Dragon podcasts, the official Game of Thrones podcast House of the Dragon. You should also know that I'll be doing Ask the Master in podcast form we'll be doing it here. So the Ask the Master at Gmail account is open. We have questions, start dropping them there and I'll be answering your questions in extra vision right here, in addition to all the stuff we're going to be doing on the official Game of Thrones pod House of the Dragon, which I am co hosting with wbe z's Greta Johnson.
Speaker 2: Hear her on the nerd app podcast.
Speaker 3: She's wonderful, She's so great.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I've done official podcasting stuff before. I did the official Foundation podcast, the adaptation of Isaac Asimov's Foundational Sci Fi books for Apple TV Plus show run by David Goyer, who that was a really fun experience, and I may do more of that stuff in the future. And so you may be asking yourself what does that mean for ExtraVision.
Speaker 2: Here's what it means. Nothing. We continue to be great.
Speaker 1: The lifeblood of x ray Vision is the conversation that Rosie and I have and a lot of just wild theorizing because that's what we love to do. Obviously, when you do official podcast work, you can only talk about the thing. Right on Foundation, we only talk about Foundation. On How's the Drunk, We're only gonna talk about How's the Drunk.
Speaker 2: Here's where we can talk.
Speaker 1: About comics, DC, Marvel, Image comics, video games, weird kung Fu movies, Godzilla, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. We're gonna talk about all the stuff that we like, plus hear you talk about the stuff that you like.
Speaker 2: Plus we're gonna be able to have.
Speaker 1: Conversations that were not gonna be really on the table for an official podcast. Here I can just get crazy and talk about stuff and don't I don't for House to the Dragon. I don't know anything. I will be getting screeners tonight. I'm going to We're taping us on Wednesday. I'm going to the premiere. I'll see the first episode. I'll be getting screeners so that we.
Speaker 2: Record that stuff.
Speaker 1: But I've also read the books, as I did with Game of Thrones, and I'm not going to sit here and spoil anything for anybody. And it's not like I'm really gonna know anything. I'll have a couple of days jump on everybody, But that's so we could record the podcast, and that's no different than anything that has happened before. All of which is to say X ray Vision remains cool and it will continue to be cool. Let's talk about the House of the Dragon panel. It was just really fun. It was amazing to get to interview George, to get to hear him speak, to get to meet him. He had he also has been very concerned about COVID, had not really left his home, as he said at the panel, and so just have him there to see him there was just I really appreciate the time with him. Quick editorial note George R. Martin has indeed tested positive for COVID, although thankfully it seems that his symptoms are mild. Back to your previously recorded proper. You know, that is a set of stories that it just meant a lot to me in my life. I absolutely love them. I think that as a world builder, he's maybe the best to ever do it. I don't think, you know, if you look at the way he's built out a Song of Ice and Fire and Westress and all the stories that revolve around that, it's almost you could almost go to any date in the fictional history and find out what was going on. It's just so granular and it's amazing. And so that was a really incredible experience. I would say about ten to fifteen minutes in my adrenaline warn off and I felt okay, but it was like it is surreal. My hands were shaking. Now who went up before us DC Films and Black Adam, which means that I was. I was in the green room watching the Black Adam team react to the Rock coming out of the ground, levitating, levitating out of the stage in the Black Adam costume, like fully committed to the thing. And then later, as you know, the entire house, the Dragon panel was lined up to go on on stage.
Speaker 2: The Rock then walked past us.
Speaker 1: Now you did this entire cover story, big deal for Black Adam. Tell us about your reaction to the Black Adam panel.
Speaker 3: I thought, I was just thinking about how Dwayne the Rock Johnson legally before we start, he must have been so happy. This is just such a passion project for him, you can tell. And something I mean, this is fifteen in the making, you know, ten years since he started developing it, but fifteen since he was first attached to the role. And this is something where the thing he cares about the most. In my cover story, which is you can now read it as well on the Den of Yek website. But in the cover story, he tells this great story about how when he was you know, wrestling to fifty people in flea markets, that's when he learned that fans will always guide you. And Black Adam is all about this notion of him wanting to bring this character to life, bring the JSA to life on the big screen in live action, which has never happened before. And he wants to do it because he loves the characters, and that's clear, but he also really wants to bring the oldest DC superhero team you know, to life, because he knows that that's something fans want. So I just it warms my heart to think of him with six thousand fans in the fore costume levitating, and it's been so long since somebody's taken advantage. Paul h like that. I think the most famous time is Loki. You know Tom Hidles still dressing as Loki.
Speaker 2: So I love it.
Speaker 3: I love to see people blow up. They played five minutes, I think five new minutes, but they released a shorter clip of that. It looks great. It expands on what we already knew, which is, you know, his son is going to sacrifice himself. He was an enslaved Kandaki man in the past. He gains these powers from the Wizard Shazam. I love it. It's such a dark, gritty trailer, but it's so fun every time you throw it back to the fact he got his powers from the Wizard. That means we see Jam and Hansu, who I love. We also got a trailer for Shazam Fury of the Gods, which is inherently connected to Black Adam, though we don't know whether he will be in this movie or not, because in the comics, Black Adam was the first person to get the powers of the Wizard Shazam before Billy Batson. Billy Batson whenever he says Shazam becomes the hero known as Shazam formerly known as Captain Marvel. For a fun, confusing nod, Black Adam always has the powers because he was the first person to get them, and he got them as an adult. But yeah, I thought it was really fun. I loved the first Shazam movie. I thought it was just it had like a real Ghostbusters or Gremlins vibe. It had these horror elements, but it's a family movie and there was a big moment at the end. Spoiler alert for a movie that came out a few years ago where all the kids in what used to be called the Marvel Family in what DC casually calls the Shazamily now they all get powers. And it was great.
Speaker 2: It's a great it's a great family right.
Speaker 3: It works, and it's actually so I love stories about kids, as everyone who listens to the podcast knows, so to see these kids getting their powers, I mean, Megan Good as a superhero who doesn't want to see that. So I'm really excited for that aspect, and I think it will be really fun. Chazam's coming out the end of this year beginning of next next year, and Black Adams coming out in October. So and the fact that these were the two movies that they bought to San Diego makes me think that they're probably gonna have that connection that was originally meant to happen in the first Shizam movie.
Speaker 1: Up next a lot of really fun Star Trek news. We got to see what the Star Trek the next generation cast will look like in costume for some promos for the third and final season of Picard.
Speaker 3: I love that show.
Speaker 1: They got a trailer for the very funny Lower Decks season three, which included an appearance of Deep Space nine and for the panel, Lower Decks leads Tawny Newsome and Jack Quaid were there.
Speaker 2: I saw them in the green room also. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: And they're going to appear in a live action crossover episode of a Strange New World season two that was also announced. And then producer Chris has some fun Star Trek Royalty stories to tell us, because at one point I was like, I was like, you know, I had gotten done with a bunch of my stuff and I had finally braved artist ally and spent all my budget in under a minute.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, Hey, what's everybody doing?
Speaker 1: And Chris was like, you know, just casually hitting the bars with various cast members of Lower Decks.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 4: Yes. I was very lucky that our dear friend and colleague Kendre and I were able to get to go to some of the events.
Speaker 5: His main reason we're down there was to kind of go and promote.
Speaker 4: The show and connect with people, and so we were able to get to go to the FX party, the What we Do in the Shadows party, which the whole the whole cast is also there too. I briefly got to meet a chance to meet some of them. But the most exciting thing was I got to spend pretty much the rest of the evening hanging out with like half the cast of Star Trek, Strange New Worlds, and half the cast of Summer Decks, which as a Trek fan was incredible and I kept my cool all the way through. It took till the end be like, oh, like, by the way, I'm also a big Trek fan, and then we got to like geek out about love that wrath of con and everything. But yes, they are all like as lovely as you'd want them to be, which is also exciting because in particular, Strange New Rules and Lower Tax are just great shows. They're like, they're so good. They're episodic, which you rarely get anymore. They're really funny, they're really heartfelt. Genuinely, I think.
Speaker 5: Some of my favorite steffiic on TV right now.
Speaker 4: And I got a chance to tell them all that, which was pretty crazy. But yes, I never thought my wildest days of going to comic Con for for over a decade now, like two thousand and nine was it my first year going. But I never thought that I'd get to do like the Macarena with the actor who plays Bock at a San Diego bar, which I love.
Speaker 2: Magic, folks, is magic.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying right like this, These are the experiences, especially if you're like Superducer Chris. If you can be in that space and be respectful and just be like, here are some people who want to have fun, like yeah, I love them, you can end up having really special experiences because everyone who's there is just there because they love this stuff. They love making this stuff, they love talking about this stuff. So you get to have these kind of out of body experiences. And I'm really glad you and Kendra did the socializing because this was the first year when I really got invited to any of the big proper parties. But I was just so nervous about COVID that I was just chilling in my hotel. I'm living by Carrious your story a month ago.
Speaker 4: So okay, I think it's worth the risk and ultimately proved very much worth it.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I mean people, folks have been clamoring for Star Trek stuff, so we have to have you and Kendra, who is is Star Trek Royalty. I mean, look, legitimately, she's Star Trek roy Yeah, we need to We need to have you guys on to just talk about.
Speaker 3: Especially we're in a gold This is like a new golden age of Star Trek. Really is it really is Pickard Discovery, especially in those later seasons. But now you know, strange new worlds, lower decks. I feel like those two have really Star Trek is always a fandom that has many different facets, and everybody loves their own season and different things like they work for them and don't. But strange new worlds and lower decks. I feel like that has united the Star Trek fandom definitely in a way I haven't seen for a long time. So we definitely need to have you guys on.
Speaker 5: Oh we got yeah, No, it's it's a great time to be a Trek fan.
Speaker 4: And no, I'm anytime, anytime happy to come on the Talk Star Trek.
Speaker 1: And finally, this was the image on everybody's SDCC pass and surely one of the biggest events in Hall h And on Comic cong weekend, Amazon's Lord of the Rings Rings of Power debuted.
Speaker 2: We got to see Daddy Sourn. We got to see we get to see.
Speaker 1: Daddy Sarn with his with his hood, looking looking young and angry about stuff. Of course, this is the upcoming series on Amazon Prime Video inspired by J. R. Tolkien's notes in Return of the King and the Simarillion, And there is a big trailer drop at Comic Con that looks fucking great. I don't know, there's not much to say other than it looks really great and I can't wait to watch.
Speaker 3: It looks like it cost a billion dollars, which allegedly it did, so I'm glad it looks that way. I want to shout out that I'm really excited about everything about this show. We've talked about a little bit. We're going to talk about it way more when it comes out. But it's really cool to see Lenny Henry, who's playing a new part of a new like Hobbit family. Is my understanding. He is like a black British comedian who just has been such a big part of all different things that I've loved since I was a little kid. So to see him in there and they really highlight them in this, it kind of just that was It just had that special, warm, nostalgic feeling, and I feel like a lot of the casting in this is kind of in that way, and I love Ja Bayona, who was kind of one of he was a big creative force on this, who directed Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, which I know not everyone loves, but I do love it. And he also made another really amazing movie, which is absolutely why he got this film. He made an incredible movie called A Monster Calls, which is this unbelievable meditation on grief. But it's also about a giant, walking, anthropomorphic tree. So I think that's like a good calling card if you're going to do a Lord of the Rings thing. So I'm just, yeah, I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to see more. I wish i'd been in Hall h because, for the I'd never seen them do this before. Like, feel free to let me know if you've been in a panel where they've done this. But they put screens on all three walls, so it wasn't just behind the cast where you usually watch it. It was down the side. So I bet it was just absolutely stunning to watch the trailer in that hall.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was up on the stage, I was unable to process any visual information because my brain was just like scrambled, and I was like, don't make a fucking mistake. Next up the airlock where we're gonna go into the MCU. Folks were stepping out of the airlock into the multiverse saga toa breakdown the massive, massive amount of stuff that Marvel Cudos dropped on everybody's head at Comic Con, plus some additional news, and let's start with Marvel Animation. So Marvel Animation panel was Friday, happened the day before the hall Ah stuff and man, a lot of fun stuff, and let's start here Marvel Zombies heiring twenty twenty four. Of course, we were introduced to the concept over the course of what If and this is gonna be epeed by zeb Wells, who is great and super funny, and.
Speaker 2: That makes you really exciting for Wells is involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big that's a big, a big kind of It's been a while since really the origins of the MCU, since we've seen comic book create as being bought on as creative forces for these shows. So that's really cool.
Speaker 1: And the thing that I think all Marvel Zombies fans, comic fans of the comics are asking, is okay, but like, how gory will it be? Marvel has said they are gonna up the gore level from what we saw and what If, so all the zombies chompling on people and zombies getting dismembered, expect to see it. This is exciting because I love Marvel zombies.
Speaker 3: I would also say that I thought that for more. I thought that what If did a good job of already being. It was a pretty gruesome dark episode. So if they're willing to promise more more than that, people who want to see the goal will likely be very happy.
Speaker 1: That was followed up by what If Season two, which is going to come out in twenty twenty three. Season two is going to feature Hella, Captain Carter Scarlett, Witch, iron Man, Black Widow, doctor Strange. There'll be a third season after that. I loved What If season one, so very excited, and just to kind of jump ahead, Marvel animation, very strong, very strong drops at this panel.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they were not afraid at all.
Speaker 2: Not afraid at all.
Speaker 1: Next up, something very close to our hearts X Men ninety seven, Fall of twenty twenty three. I mean, just the just hearing the soundtrack makes me very excited. It's all your old pals, Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee, cyclop Storm, Gid Gray the Beast plus Magneto and a nicely updated costume. Yes, we're doing it all Bishop, that's right, Cable, Sure, Nike Crawl or yes, Sunspot also there.
Speaker 2: I this is.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Look, let's go. We'll get into this. We will get into this more soon in the in the further part of this podcast. But I will say the fact that night Crawler and sun Spot are included on this team makes me believe that we are they are very committed to what we call the giant size X Men lineup, which is the one the issue relaunch that launched the Chris Clairemont stuff that me and Jason always talk about and you will only hear us talking about more from now till twenty twenty five. But yes, night Crawler and Sunspot here. That really says to me that we're not gonna We're gonna be expanding out from that original team which we've seen. And also this is very interesting because this is you know, when we heard that theme in MS. Marvel that we turned exactly that is now known as same as it was in the Doctor Strange. It's now known as the X Men ninety seven theme. I think X Men ninety seven is going to be the entry point for Marvel to reintroduce the Mutants into the MCU, whether or not it's actually going to be canon to the MCU, like all these are the same mutants. I don't I'm not making a comment on that, but I do think they see this in a very important space to establish the characters who will likely be important.
Speaker 1: Guy, I think this will be a primer. I agree with you. Let's just like wildly and irresponsibly theorize for a second, because I have a theory's love to do this right. Either it's canon or it's not going to be canon. If it's not canon, it's very simple, like this is just an extension of the ninety seven series. No big deal happens in some other multiverse. If they ever wanted to bring plot points over whatever, it's not part of six on six. If they did want to do six one six, then you say, okay, thirty years ago, back in the mid nineties, all this stuff happened. Then Profess X wiped everybody's fucking mind and all the news went underground because they were like, we're tired of this shit. We don't want to fight anymore, No more awards. We just want to live our normal lives undercovered, YadA YadA.
Speaker 2: Maybe is that how.
Speaker 1: They do it, I don't know, but that's the way they could do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that's a great cool and I think this lineup is very interesting. I also love Bishop so and Forge, so I'm feeling very catered to her.
Speaker 1: And a bunch of the original voice talent is going to return cal DoD, Leonora's On, George Buza, others, and they're gonna be joined by a whole new cast next up Spider and Freshman Year. Details have been revealed. Uh, classic Marvel villain known as the Wizard is gonna make an appearance here, voiced by one of my favorites, Paul F. Tompkins, whose Spontaneation podcast got me through a lot of dark times in my life. Matt Mardoch voiced by Charley Cox, is gonna is gonna play a role.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal.
Speaker 1: This is a big deal because and I think even talked about this.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Just to briefly jump ahead, you're seeing Marvel kind of establish the things that kind of make up the texture of Marvel Comics, which is street level heroes, the Avengers level, like the big teams be it X Men, be At Avengers, whoever, and then the cosmic stuff like three levels. So it's like, yes, yeah, the local neighborhood crime fighters, you're kind of global crime fighters, and then you're superheroes that exist outside Earth and in the galaxy at large.
Speaker 2: And this is part of the widening of that kind.
Speaker 1: Of street level lore that is going to be really really important.
Speaker 2: We're going to see a lot of that, particularly on Disney. Plus. This is really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think something that's really cool about this is Spider Man and Dead Evil. Those two characters are intrinsically connected skin in the comic books, and it's been hard. It's why every Not only was it exciting to see Charlie Cox's return in Spider Man Noway Home, but that's a touch point to these two worlds that in the movies have never gotten to crossover before. So to have him there and to have Charlie Cox, I will say, this is very much We talk about this a lot the Big two DC and Marvel. This is very much Marvel learning from all the things that DC has done in their animated world that worked for them.
Speaker 1: PC has DC has been owning Animated for twenty years and they not longer.
Speaker 3: And they've often used the animation to introduce stuff and characters and voices that would later become Cannon in the CW live action stuff. And then they've taken people like Matt Ryan, who played Constantine to much success and love and lording in the CW. He would voice Constantine in some of the animated movies and they would do it the other way too, So I really like to see them doing that here. It's also very interesting because reporting has said that Marvel has said that this is MCU Cannon and is essentially this show will establish Peter's life before Civil War. On the panel, Jeff Tremmel, who is the showrun an amazing creative from Craig of the Creek, just absolute brilliant. I was so excited when they announced him on this, and it's going to be he says. Spider Man Freshman Year is an animated series that follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider Man in the MCU. So take that as you will, but it sounds like with Charlie Cox being here, that to me sounds like this is going to be important.
Speaker 1: Now Here is the big the big news within that Norman Osborne is going to be this, That is, he will be Peter's mentor, which is a role that he has played amongst other.
Speaker 2: Roles, amongst many other roles of the colleagues.
Speaker 1: So there are questions about how this is gonna work because it was confirmed that he didn't exist in the MCU, and how.
Speaker 2: Well this all work. Will figure that out.
Speaker 1: Either it will be cannon or a multiverse cannon or whatever, but it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Let's go to Hall H for the live action stuff, well mostly live action stuff, and phase four. First, let's go to the big Figy map.
Speaker 2: Actually you know what this.
Speaker 1: Remember you will remember this, I'm sure. But somewhere in the earlier part of the Brian Michael bendis rain at Marvel and his like very very influential stranglehold that he had at the time on big books. Remember Tony had written like on the wall this big math problem prediction about what was going to happen eventually, and all of that stuff eventually paid off later on, you know, kind of in books after Bennis, but he had put it with this massive like map in this room of like, here's all the shit that's going to happen, and here's the Avengers, and here's here's the threats that are going to rise to meet the Avengers, and here's what that's all gonna mean. And it just looked like this massive, massive, massive equation. That's what it was like looking at the Marvel display. And it started with the end of Phase four and the reveal of the I Am Groot trailer, which is a collection of five original shorts all center around baby Groot that's gonna be released on Disney Plus in August tenth.
Speaker 2: And it looks really cute. This looks to be the you know, telling the.
Speaker 1: Story of Groot post Guardians of the Galaxy, after he saved everybody's life, right and then got reduced to a twig and then grew up. It looks like we're gonna see a bunch of scenes from his life that looks fucking great.
Speaker 3: I was blown away by the animation. Just looks see animation and cute and slick and smooth and shiny and experimental and fun and weird.
Speaker 1: It's like pseudo stop motion but not but cg but not stop motion. It's just like the textures there look fantastic.
Speaker 3: I was real more exciting, Yeah, way more excited than I thought I would be about a series of five shows.
Speaker 2: But I was like, this looks great.
Speaker 1: Next up, she Hulk first of all hit SDCC and the kind of environs around SDCC with those placards and handouts that kind of mimicked a like an ambulance chasing lawyers kind of ad campaign, which was very, very smart. You could call the number and you could hear the voicemail. They hit the ground running with a new trailer which has the vibe of kind of like a legal comedy. I think they've the creators mentioned that Fleabag was an influence here. You could really see it in some of the in the moment when Jen breaks the fourth wall. But I think, clearly, as we have, as we have been theorizing this whole time, this pretty clearly takes place before end game, before Hulk snaps.
Speaker 2: With the Iron Man wantlet and then Fries.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I think so we righte we correctly I think very fairly assumed that it was going to take place during that situation. But my understanding from the trailer and a et special feature today. The special feature showed Bruce and she Hulk Jennifer getting into a car crash, and I think that is why his arm is in the sling. So they duped us, We thought so, and in the et featurette that they revealed today, Tatiana Maslani, who plays Jennifer, says she accidentally takes Bruce's blood and then we see her whole cup at the site of the car crash. So I think it also reveals this new origin, which is they're in a car crash together and his blood gets into her open wound. That's my guest, sounds delightful, but I think that's the situation.
Speaker 1: How do we think then that Bruce's arm has healed now? To be fair, I think the common I think the reason we think that his injured arm post endgame was going to be permanent was because the Russo's basically said that it was going to be permanent.
Speaker 3: That was and he changed he had to arm, so we were like, oh, well, this makes sense that it will be before because his arm was fine, So.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to find out how that happens. This also teases the MCU introduction of Matt Murdoch.
Speaker 2: In the full suit.
Speaker 1: Uh, and this looks fun. I'm excited for this and also like you know, uh, x ray Vision Legend Cody zig Zigler wrote for this. My friends my friend's fiance, Dats Schwartz wrote for this. So I'm very excited on many personal levels to see.
Speaker 3: Friends and also as well just on an even more personal level. You know, we were right about Dead Evil being in this show, yes, everyone, we were, And we were right about it being a Superhero of the week show where it looks like she's going to be dealing with a different powered person and their legal troubles, and I think that that's really fun. I think the fleabag stuff is very smart. It also harks back to the most famous parts of She Hulk, which is that she always broke the fourth wall. So I didn't ever really smart to establish that before Deadpool comes, because she was doing it years before Deadpool, you know, So I think it's Yeah, it just looked really fun. They did great stuff, like the placards they were giving out and the adverts. You could call a number and it would it would, you know, tell you a little bit about the show. And there's some really wild I've been working very hard all morning looking at the trailer because there's a section where that in the office there's a wall of comic books, and I was finding out what all the comic books were.
Speaker 1: One of them it is a reference to our good pal Ghostwriter appears Johnny Blaze. Johnny Blaze the og ghost Rider is one of those comics apparently, which is exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And there's also there's a poster in the et thing that looks like a joke where it says Donny Blaze instead, but it's very blowy, so it might just be bad text, but I think it's a funny joke. There's a ton of really weird stuff war Machine nineteen from nineteen ninety five, which has the eat along warwear, which is when Rody gets this weird alien armor. And there's just a ton of weird fun things also in Unlike most of the Marvel Universe and especially in the MCU, in the Sheehop comics, comic books actually exist, and the fact that we're seeing that wall here is likely going to tie into the actual narrative of the show. So I think that's very cool.
Speaker 1: Up next, and this tugged at the heartstrings folks. Black Panther will kind Of Forever, which is coming to theaters of Umber eleventh. They dropped the trailer and I've watched it probably fifteen twenty times. It's amazing for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 2: Of course, this is going to be the.
Speaker 1: Movie that picks up after the passing of Chadwick Boseman, and all of that kind of emotion is present in the trailer and is surely going to be present in the in the telling of this story, and in your experience sitting in the theater watching it. Some really cool big news is nay More confirmed. We see him, We see him there, he looks great, He's got the Atlantans beside him.
Speaker 2: Name Marita is going to be there. Now. You may have noticed.
Speaker 1: Nay More not blue like the rest of his people. Well, in the comics, that is awesome the case, and in the comics the reason is because they've read kind of This a couple of times. But essentially, like naymar is thought of as Marvel comics first mutant, he is not like the rest of the Atlantan Atlantean people. And by the way, it's in the Atlantis, I forget the name of it.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, no, No, they haven't said whether or not it's going to be Atlantis, but our general understanding and guess based on the vision of name or that they've represented and the fact that the actor who's playing him is Latin American, is that it's going to be this messo American inspired version of Atlantis. Also would make sense because nay More is very similar because of these constant, hilarious DC Marvel battles with Aquaman. We saw Jason murplay Aquaman. They have very similar origin story of somebody who's human and somebody who is Atlantean coming together, falling in love, having a bit. So we're probably going to see a very big change here and as you can see another hint of that mutation that Jason talked about in the comics, as they like you said, Marvel's first mutant is the wings on the back of his legs, which we see here is when he's a baby. And we see that this trailer was just it blew my mind.
Speaker 2: I'm sumptuous, sumptuous.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting. Just so many people have sort of come up to me or commented to me that they felt like that the delay of seeing the trailer was because Marvel wasn't sure what to do post Chadwick's tragic passing, but I think that Ryan Coogler always knew what he wanted to do and has created something that is so intentional and feels so emotional, and it's just going to expand this world of because it's not just Name or isn't the only new character introduced here. We get to see Ree Williams for the first time Ironheart, you know, and the introduction is so cool, and that's like and you know, a friend of the pod eviewing like that's someone who is so integral and bringing Reui to life in the comics and to see that on stage now and also in a story about going to a Kanda something else that you wrote, you know, this is it's really going to expand out what it means to be black panther, to be Wakandan and Wakanda's place in the world, I think, and with Name more being introduced, it really establishes I think, from here to Phase five, which we're going to talk about in a minute, this opens up and establishes a lot of the conflict that we're going to see, and especially if you look back to the comics where T'Challa is incapacitated in a coma and nay More arrives and he's beginning to set up the cabal with Dr Doom and Emma Frost and all these characters that we can likely see coming to the MCU soon. I think we can get a good picture of where we're going to.
Speaker 1: Go now as we can surmise from this trailer, there's going to be we're going to see an on screen depiction of the Atlantis Wakanda war, which of many of you been asking about, where can I read up on this? So not going to spoil like how it starts to be the inciting event. I think the important thing to understand is the bulk of the fighting of the conflict itself, which is tragic and is like because the events kind of get out of control of both nay More and T'Challa in various ways, like they just take on a momentum of their own, which makes it feel and it's really a running b plot in in Hickman's New Avengers series and the time runs out arc, but the inciting incident happens in Avengers Versus x Men number eight from twenty twelve. That's going to be the thing that kind of kicks it all off. So if you're reading through the Hickman and you're like, oh, but how did this all start? They do reference it, but if you want to actually read where it starts, Uh, it's kind of a it's an event that happens in the run up uh to the to the climax of Avengers versus X Men, and I can't wait to see that because that's going to be a conflict where nymar is a really interesting character because he is a hero, but he's also like not quote unku.
Speaker 2: He's not like a Steve Rogers good guy.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's but over. Originally he was originally a villain. He hates humans, which but he's an anti hero and then he has become heroic.
Speaker 2: He's attacked Earth many many times.
Speaker 1: He's a really interesting backstory with with Steve.
Speaker 2: Rogers and with Sue. Well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is joving ahead, but we know that Fantastic four is eventually comic. Here's what's fun about Marvel about a Wars, Marvel.
Speaker 2: Gothings in general.
Speaker 1: Uh, there is a long running subplot in Marvel Comics of nay More just being really really hot for Sue Storm and not hiding it ever, being like, listen.
Speaker 2: Why are you with this nerd? Like you know, you're a queen? Yeah, what's you're a queen? You should be with a fucking king, which is me. I would treat you like the queen that you are now.
Speaker 1: Sue Storm is a family woman, obviously loves Read, although he often ignores her. And here's the thing, nothing is ever a quote unquote happened. I don't think I need to go back and check.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: There's a part of Sue that is uh more than flattered by the attentions that nay More places upon her. And I tell you what, if we get some really messy love triangle between may More.
Speaker 2: Read and Sue in the MCU, I will be absolutely fucking delighted. I need it.
Speaker 3: I mean also as well, like the actor that they cast to play nay More is hunky, like tayannuk Wata is, just like they really made nay More hunk. So I think the first thing that everyone was talking about is like, you, who are you gonna cast as Read? Because you have to make people believe that Sue would stay with you, Yes, I think, And the other like it's just a tease. But the other big thing in this trailer that everyone's talking about is like, there is a new Black Panther, even though we know that T'Challa has passed from the trailer, because we see memorials to him and we see people talking about their suffering and their loss. So you know, we don't know. Nobody knows anything, but we do know the comment that's why you come to xtra Vision. So really it's quite easy to assume based on the comic books, especially the two thousand and nine Black Panther series, which you can go out and check and I think is very worthwhile reading because it includes nay More, it includes Shuri becoming Black Panther, and I believe that is likely what we will see in this movie. I don't know where the Suri will hold the Black Panther mantle going forward, because they're about to do a new comic book about all different people that's held the mantle, but I think in this movie we will see something that echoes the story in the comics, which is T'Challa is in a coma. He's trying to heal his current wife storm of X Men fame. Sadly, I don't think we'll see her here, but she suggests Suri should take on the mantle. Sury goes and sees bast the panther god, takes the and bast is like, Nah, you're too arrogant, you're jealous of your brother, You're not right. Suri sides that she needs to sacrifice herself anyway to do the right thing, puts on this immaculate black Panther suit, which I'm very glad to see that they've redesigned for the movie. It looks like because it was very boob front heavy in the comics. And Shury does this self sacrifice, saves to' Charla and Storm, and then is recognized as the new Black Panther by the Panther God. So I think we could see something along the lines of Sury going on her own journey to take on the mantle of the Black Panther in the wake of her brother's death. When I'm sure there will be a lot of bureaucracy around who is going to take on that mantle, I think we could we know. Letitia Write's performance in the first one was such a breakout that a lot of people had wondered if this was going to happen even before the tragic passing of Chadwick, So I think that it's a pretty safe bet, though there are other options, you know, Nakia Lapita Nyongo. Yeah, could have Umbaku Winston Duke, who is so beloved, though I have to say we've seen the costume and Winston Duke is a I don't think it's him.
Speaker 2: That's sick enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's probably going to be shurey. And there are some leaks out there, so keep it if you don't like spoilers, steep your eyes away from the toys, because there are some leaks that seem to confirm certain aspects. The trailer also shows Mikayla Cohle as now confirmed as Akka, which is a huge bit because in the comics and and Io Our Girlfriends and I know, people really want to see that. That's Iowa is played in the movie by the amazing flor Florence because somebody who can remember from the Civil War scene that's really famous where she stands up against black widow and yeah, just so much cool stuff. This is really interesting because it's this really emotional trailer that I think got everyone in the feelings, but also like lays the groundwork for a lot of what is to come, kind of like hidden under all the tears. So I found it very interesting.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Uh and I'll be saying that I'll be saying that a lot this is gonna be.
Speaker 3: On it.
Speaker 2: I mean, naym war is. It's huge.
Speaker 1: Like if we get eventually an Illuminati or even a Dark Ring Council, I.
Speaker 3: Think we'll get. I think we get Cabal and then that will lead to the Illuminati or I think, especially with Norman Osbourne potentially joining the MCU in the Spider Man Show, seems timely.
Speaker 1: So the Cabal, for those of you you've heard us talk about the Illuminati, which is like this collection secret society of like the most powerful, smartest, all got all men heroes in the Marvel universe, and the Cabal is like the super villain version of that.
Speaker 2: Phase five onto Phase.
Speaker 1: Five and we go to ant Man in the Wasp quantum Mania, which is gonna come out February seventeen, twenty three. We got a poster for Quantumana, which includes a first look at Cassie Lang in full costume, which the Young Avengers are assembling before our eyes. And of course the villain this is a big deal is going to be Jonathan Majors as Kang. Apparently one of the clips they showed in the in the Hall, h Kang meets Scott and is like, you're an Avenger? Have I killed you before?
Speaker 2: Which is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Scott apparently has like a his part his his podcast and his basicly his content creation side Hustle is going to be a part of this Modoc also confirmed to appear, so fantastic, very excited for what looks to be our first real taste of Kang as a villain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we saw and they revealed a poster that had Cassie Lang recently recast Catherine Newton I believe is the actor now and she we saw her in full purple costume Stinger costume, not Stature. We thought it would be Stature because that was her Young Avengers persona and costume, but it looks like they're going for the bug theme, so that was cool. Also, apparently in the panel they showed a clip of Bill Murray's character, though they still didn't reveal his name, but he is in the Quantum Realm, which is where it seems like Cassie will meet Bill Murray, maybe Kryla according to rumors, oh and good old Kang, who we can't wait to see. Also, how's not going to play into this? I need to know Modoc Villa. That's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Who do we think built Modoc in this world? Since we haven't seen him, so we haven't seen him live yet. Is this like an AIM?
Speaker 1: I wonder if because this is here's a thing and we've talked about we've talked about that there could be we've I mean, we've talked about this before. Or one of the one of the super fun things about Marvel comics is there's always an Aim hideout somewhere in any city to be raided. These cult of crazy scientists who are looking to create super weapons and in various ways take over the world. We haven't seen Aim, of course since iron Man two, and I wonder, excuse me, iron Man three, and so I wonder if we get more Aim and then find out that one of the things they did is built Modoc, who now runs the organizations see a fucking crazy half robot.
Speaker 3: A lot of one Division seem to be pointing towards Aim with all the Beekeeper stuff because a famously wear suits that look like beekeepers, and there was a lot of aim illusion in one division, though they didn't ended up just being more to do with Hydra. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something around that also, like Modoc originally was from tells a suspense like ninety three and ninety four, I think is the first appearances, and that is.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: Therefore Captain America is a foil and a foe. So I wonder if we could have something where this is an old creation of Hydra or something that's kind of been in stasis or been hidden somewhere and then comes out, because that could be very fun explanation as to why he looks the way he does, because if you've never seen Modoc, he's essentially like a floating head with tiny arms and legs in a big metal head sock.
Speaker 2: He's Humpty Dumpty.
Speaker 3: He's Humpty dumpty. And it would make there's no reason that anyone would create something like that in a world where you can make a robot like Ultron now, you know. So I think having him as as an outdated but from the past brought into the future could work. Also could just be in the quantum realm. This could be something that somebody created, can could have created it, you know, and he's lots of interesting options.
Speaker 1: I will say also for the for the Sword Aim illusions in WandaVision, at least in the comics, a lot of crossover amongst the top scientists in both Shield Swords, oh yeah, at various other government agencies and the super villain super science villains community known as AIM. They there's a lot of crossover, and a lot of X Shield agents are are active AIM agents in Marvel comics, so I would not be surprised if we see in live action members of Sword or even X members of Shield now out of a job joining AIM and treating this.
Speaker 3: That's that your Yeah, that's a really good point, especially because Marvels really played around even with the connections between Hydro and Shield as we know, So I think bringing in more of that confusion around who's part of what storyline and which scientists, especially Sword, is definitely up in the air post one division. And we're also you know, we just saw Diva from Miss Marvel going rogue and being fired from the Department of Damage Control, So I think that could be space for a new kind of all powerful group.
Speaker 1: Next Secret Invasion, Now, this will debut Spring twenty twenty three on Disney Plus. We're going to see Samuel Jackson back as Nick Fury. We're going to see Ben Mendelssohn as our friend Tallos. The Scroll Kobe Smolders is going to return as Maria Hill, and I hope, you know comics, Hill got a good run at the head of Shield, and I hope we get something like that, because she's got a very different style than Nick Fury.
Speaker 2: And this is.
Speaker 1: We can guess this is going to have to do with Scrolls who are probably not as friendly as our friend Tallos, who have potentially four years been on Earth posing as various people in the government and perhaps notable people not just in the government, but in the superhero community and the kind of like military community that supports the super human community. So over the course of Secret Invasion, don't be shocked to find out that people that we've been watching on Disney Plus and.
Speaker 2: The various Marvel shows are.
Speaker 1: Maybe even the movies who have been active and appearing for a while, have been Scrolls.
Speaker 2: For an unknown amount of time.
Speaker 1: Now, why is this happening, Probably because the Scroll Empire was huge is huge. And while they are going to be you know, some friendly scrolls, some scrolls that are looking to live a peaceful life, there are also going to be warlike scrolls who are looking to take out any threat to them, and one threat to them might be this planet Earth that seems to have a lot of enhanced people showing up there. So we're going to find out that people that we don't think our scrolls are actually skulls over the course of this, and.
Speaker 3: This is leading directly into another Phase five announcement, which was Thunderbolts. The Thunderbolts were essentially established as a reaction to people losing faith in heroes because of the Scroll invasion, So you can assume that from Secret Invasion, all these things through Phase five are leading to the establishment of this superhero in inverted Comma's team that was revealed in a huge shock at the time to actually be a team of supervillains. So I think that those that is the beginning and the end of Phase five, and ironically, am Man in the West Coontomania seems like it's actually setting up more of what was revealed in What's going to be in Phase six, which was revealed at the end of the panel.
Speaker 1: So all which is to say, life on six one six is about to get very, very chaotic in a lot of different ways. I think you can surmise from Secret Invasion, right, you mentioned the loss of trust and heroes. Obviously no X Men news on the live action side, but as Rosie and I've discussed at length, a thing you're going to need to introduce the X Men and have them make sense in this world is a hatred and a distrust of heroes of powered people. We saw a little bit, we got some flavors of it and Miss Marvel and I think Secret Invasion is going to lead us there.
Speaker 2: The thunderbolts are.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm the guess is are going to be a reaction to the kind of heroes that we have seen in the past. These are going to be the more like government brand military. The military here are heroes, not these aliens, not these weird knows He's going to be. Are super soldiers, are super spies that are going to be an answer to these uncontrollable aliens, uncontrollable you know, mutants, although nobody has really said that in terms of powered people, yet uncontrollable gods, et cetera.
Speaker 2: These are gonna be the people that we control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we are gonna know as not only just comic book fans, but also as you watch Phase five. I'm assuming that they're going to be using a lot of dramatic irony to allow the viewers and the read the watches of the shows to know that the Thunderbolts are villainous characters, whether or not they might have a redemptive aspect like us Agent that is someone we can almost assume is going to be I'm still a villainous person. You know. These are the Elena. I'm like, put her on the Avengers. I feel like she's a good she's a good guy now, but like you know, she'll.
Speaker 1: I think she'll the squad and then be like, exact, I don't want to go this far, and I want to, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be that we're gonna know that they're villains, even if they don't necessarily know. And I think it's gonna be really cool.
Speaker 1: Next Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three. This is the final installment in this version of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Team James Gunn debuted the Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three trailer.
Speaker 2: They're in Hall h former extra vision guest Chuck Woody Wouji. Yes is it came.
Speaker 1: On stage as the High Evolutionary. Wow, folks, opening the door to a potential live action debut of Rosie Knights.
Speaker 2: Number one most wanted to see character. That's right, it's Bova, folks. The legend of my Wondergre.
Speaker 6: Bova has somebody who literally is now well known in the LA film critics scene as the person who screamed when they said Mount Wondergore in Doctor Strange and whateverse of Madness screening.
Speaker 3: I got so many messages people were like that was you, wasn't it? And I was like, yes, that was me. I could not be happier. This casting is stunning. It had been rumored. The costume looks amazing. The High Evolutionary is Marvel's maddest scientist.
Speaker 2: He is super weird mad science.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He debuted in Thor, which seems really unexpected in nineteen sixty six, But from the beginning from the outset when he was first appeared, he was immediately connected to Wander and Pietro Maximov. They were on the hunt for why their mutant powers weren't were fading, and they were headed to Mount Wondergore. They're in a very brief, few panels appearance, which is so funny because on the cover they're like Quicksilver in the Skulet, which in the most useless brief appearance of all time, and it became this huge part of their law in that it's a Jack Kebby Stanley issue. So wonder Gore is very much in the image of what we saw Chuck Woody wearing this purple Jack Kirby esque cosmic costume, so they're obviously going that way. It's very relevant to what the Guardians are doing because this is also going to introduce Adam Warlock. He was teased in the stinger of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume two, but in the comics, in that part of the movie, he was in his cocoon phase. In the comics he's known as him and when he's in his cocoon phase, him is found by the High Evolutionary who names him Adam and raises him, and that is likely what we're going to see in Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three. This is just this is so cool and.
Speaker 1: We are and we should add with the High Evolutionary. You laid it out there, with the High Evolutionary's connection to both genetic engineering, high tech super advanced genetic experimentation, and with their retcon many many times, but still connection to Pietro and Wanda.
Speaker 2: Here are more it means.
Speaker 1: Somebody described it, here's more mutant stuff. Somebody on my Twitter and I forget who, and I'm sorry described it as even though there's no X Men stuff, it's like evidence of a black hole.
Speaker 2: You can see all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Or you can't see it, but you can see all the stuff around it. And that's what the High Evolutionary is. Apparently, it's more evidence of this black hole that is the X Men out there, and.
Speaker 3: It actually makes it's really smart to do it this way, right because Thor wasn't the right place in the end, because of the way that Thor stories end up going, and I love them, so I'm so happy, but to introduce him as a cosmic being first, and then to later explain his human origins who he used to be, the story of the High Evolutionary of Herber, the man who wanted to evolve humanity and who did all these wild experiments until he met an inhuman scientist who had gone rogue who told him how to break the genetic code. That is in line with the comics. So I think Guardians of Galaxy three, we'll see high evolutionary, We'll see Adam Warlock, and then later on, as we get closer to the X Men Black Hole, we will start to see more of those connections becoming clearer more.
Speaker 1: Phase five we saw the graphics at least on that big Kevin Fagge Tony Stark super formula map for Loki Season two Echo, which is going to continue to widen out the kind of street level adventures of our Marvel heroes, the Marvels continuing the Miss Marvel adventure in a team format. Blade in Theaters saw no footage, but I just can't wait for I want to see that Ironheart on Disney Plus, which is going to be the continuing adventures we would expect. Williams, who one of, if not the smartest person in the Morn Comics universe, Agatha Coven of Chaos, which is gonna spring out of the events of WandaVision Captain American New World Order in Theaters and then this shocked me.
Speaker 2: This shocked me.
Speaker 3: And I saw the news, I yelled, Jason loocked me.
Speaker 1: Daredevil Born Again Spring twenty twenty four on Disney Plus. And it's eighteen episodes. So what does this mean. I'll tell you what I think this means. We're getting a We're getting a Daredevil. First of all, we're getting a Daredevil Netflix format series on Disney Plus. And irrespective of what the kind of like week to week adventures are, I think we're gonna see a big old showdown with our friend Wilson Fisk, who was introduced to Disney Plus in the events of Hawkeye. The Hawkeye series, Daredevil Born Again Frank Miller, David Matsucelli simply one of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Comic arcs out there. Pick it up. It's fantastic. And I can't believe we're going to see a version of this, David, I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know we talk about Maza Kelly's art all the time, but it's unbelievable. This is a very seminal and controversial story, but the thing that is important from it is this is a story about Wilson Fisk, Kingpin, trying to destroy Matt Murdoch's life on every level. On a personal level, on a business level, on a professional level, on a heroic level. That is what I think will one hundred percent be translated. Now what I'm very interested to see. They haven't announced that Debra Awn Waller is coming back as Karen Page, but this is a Karen Page story, so she is coming back. That's my prediction. In the Netflix Deaed Devil show, they actually adapted something from Born Again in a far more empathetic and thoughtful way, which is Karen has a past as an addict, now indebed evil Born Again, Karen falls into addiction and becomes a sex worker, and that's used against Matt by Kingpin. I would I'm very interested to see. I feel like you can't do Born Again without Kingpin exploiting Karen. But I wonder if what they'll do is to tie it into the Netflix. He will be using things from her past to try and destroy their life now, rather than seeing Karen fall off the wagon or go through the kind of horrendous things that happened to her and Born Again, I wonder if it will be Kingpin using things from her past as that personal way to destroy her.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 1: Similarly, one of the one of the hallmarks of Derder Born again. The comic version is the appearance of one of the experiments that were that came out of the Sprawling super Soldier program. This is a extremely deranged, mentally unstable, psycho killer super Soldier named Nuke who has an American flag on their face. I wonder if we either a get Nuke, the pill popping crazy super soldier who then goes on a rampage across New York as the Kingpin tries to draw Daredevil out, or if we get US Agent for a steeredevil.
Speaker 3: I wonder too, because Nuke. There was a version of Nuke that appeared in Jessica Jones yep in a very toned down I wonder if, like you said, I think you could do something very interesting with combining Nuke and US Agent into a foe for this because now even out Standerbolts, which was the last thing on this slate, I believe that those I believe that they will still pull the rugout from the viewers feet, as they did with the Thunderbolts. Was sold as a superhero team and then it was revealed in the pages of the comics that they were actually villains. And I think we could see something along the lines of that here, and having us Agent as an antagonist to Dad Evil would be a great way of setting that.
Speaker 1: Now Thunderbolts July twenty six, twenty twenty four in theaters, we've talked about it a little bit. We can assume from what we've seen on the Disney Plus side and some of the other Stingers, Black Widow, et cetera, that Julia Louis Dreyfus's character the Contessa, like Redyfontaine, will be assembling this team of anti heroes slash straight up villains pretending to be heroes, which leads me to wonder if we're setting up something like and people have heard us discuss this before, but a dark green paradigm as we head into to Phase six, right, at some point, you're gonna need to put these heroes, as we saw in the Infinity Saga, on their heels. Maybe Thunderbolts is a reaction to that. We're gonna see the human governments just absolutely fed up at this point with the destruction, with the flouting of the Cecovia Corps, with all the fucking bullshit, with all the new super people popping up that nobody can control.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows who they are.
Speaker 1: Some of them are teenagers and Jersey City there and they're.
Speaker 2: Out here and nobody can control them. We need our heroes. And more than that, we.
Speaker 1: Need a governmental uh strategy and plan uh and people within the highest reaches of government who are going to hunt heroes, take them, uh, you know, imprison them if need be, and hold them to a lawful standard if they don't say register or if they don't become part of this government program to basically nationalize heroes.
Speaker 2: Uh. I wonder if we're going to see something like that.
Speaker 3: I think so. I also think something that's really interesting. I've been thinking about a lot since this Spider Man announcement with Freshman Year is I wonder in Norman Osborne is inherently connected to Dark Grain in the comics I Wonder and Yeah and Thunderbox. Willem Dafoe, as as Norman Osborne in no way Home claimed Harry doesn't exist here, doesn't look he was. He was nice in some moments, but he's still the Green Goblin. I wonder if he was just lying like I wonder if he was just he wanted to just protect whatever version of his time him and his son were on this earth. I actually think that could be very smart. It wasn't. That wasn't a concrete establishment of Cannon. That was a covering up for his version, his six one six shall we call it, version of himself and Harry, who potentially do exist in this world and who at this moment Norman could be putting together the team. He could be the puppet master behind Contessa.
Speaker 1: Ever since Benedict Cumberbatch came out and said, I am not con in the second Star Trek movies, I don't believe anything any actor says because they got to say some stuff. Sometimes they just have to. So take William Dafoe, the Great William Dafoe's comments with a grain of salt, and we will see what happens. Now we're on the Phase six and this is the Multiverse saga. First Fantastic four and Overber eighth. We just got the we saw the graphics and can't wait. Phase six is the basically the climax of the Multiverse saga, and it starts with Fantastic four Novermber eighth, twenty twenty four. Big question here is are they from an Aulter dimension? Are they from our dimension? Or how does this happen, But I can't wait to find out if it's multiverse. I would not at all be shocked if the Fantastic Four appear in six one six because of the experiment that gave them powers opened a hole to another dimension.
Speaker 2: Next thing, you know, yea here and they're the Fantastic Four.
Speaker 3: Also, they're just in the quantum realm or the negative zone that somebody finds like, there's so many ways, and I think that makes the most sense for where we're at now, and the fact this is called the multiverse saga, and the fact that we have Kang the Conqueror. I don't think Marvel needs to do the hole well that you know, Captain America had retired, so then these people thought we'll go to space and try and become Superos or whatever version you'd have to retroactively do to fit them into the MCU. Now, I think a multiverse or Fantastic Four fits.
Speaker 2: With the team, fits fits with the.
Speaker 3: World, and would be really fun. I want to see the Fantastic Four as already established heroes. You know, that's that's so much fun to see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they that movie will be followed up on May second, twenty twenty five by Avengers King Dynasty, helmed by Destined Daniel Criton, who of course directed Hung Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. This if we can, you know, using Infinity War End Game as kind of a map, this is going to be the Kang Wins movie.
Speaker 2: Council.
Speaker 1: I would expect to see the Council of Kang's I would expect to see Kang triumphant, and I would expect to see Kang put our heroes. I mean, honestly, I think Kang kills a lot of Marvel heroes. Just because of where we are in the evolution of the MCU, I think Kang is gonna he is going to end a lot of our heroes.
Speaker 3: I agree. And the there's a comic book. It's really interesting, both of the Avengers movies that they announced. We'll get to the next one yet and it's another we were right, uh, but the Kang Dynasty that actually is the title of a comic book, as asked. You know, Marvel loves to do that. And it can be anywhere as it can be anywhere as directly taken from as Winter Soldier, which is so close to the comic, or it can be civil War, which is much more loose, or you know, it can be Infinity War, which is very different to the comics. So there is a storyline called Kang Dynasty also known as Kangwar by Kirk Booziak with Alan Davis Kirngui I recommend it, Ivan Reese, and that the kind of general summation of it, which I think is very likely it's happened in the MCU, is like Kang basically goes to the UN and is like, Hey, I'm going to take over the world to save you from yourselves and stop every other bad timeline. So it kind of leans into the TVA of it all and what we've already seen. I don't think it's going to be directly that, but I do think it's going to be Kang coming, like you said, killing a ton of heroes and basically saying you don't need them. I'm here now, let's work it out. Let's see what we can do to because Kang's always coming at it from the idea like kind of like low Ki in the original Avengers. It's like kind of benefactor. I'm gonna be a terrible fascist leader who takes over everything, But it's going to be better for you, I promise, I promise. So I think it'll be really interesting to see. And I love that they they announced Destin Daniel Cratton as a director for this. I think that is so cool because I was a big fan. Well, we were both big fans of Shang Chi obviously, So a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Avengers are going to die in this movie, and then it will be followed up by Avengers Secret Wars. So listen, we've already seen some incursions, we've seen visualizations of incursions. We've heard Dimension most recently, and Doctor Stranger of the Multiverse of mad As we understand it's a thing that can happen over the course of King Dynasty. We're guessing the end of King Dynasty is gonna be incursion after incursion after incursion, in the final kind of collapse of the multiverse into a single point. Avenger's Secret War is going to take place in that single point, probably a warped version of reality ruled by question Mark, ruled by Doctor Doom.
Speaker 2: We will have we don't know.
Speaker 3: Fantastic potentially, but yeah, you know, in the most recent Secret Wars arc, which we talk about a lot, Jonathan Hickman and Asaravich like we talk about that because there is this notion that they used for a huge limewide event, but also in the story of Battle World where all these different communities and dimensions are put onto one Earth and they have to fight each other. We have been seeing them establish something along those lines, as we've talked about on the podcast, with multiple secret societies in different spaces and different fighting styles. And the most interesting thing about this at all, as comic book nerds like we are, this very much follows the rules of comic books. The multiverse saga. We have talked a lot. Oh, they keep introducing these multiverses. The multiverse exists, Does it not exist? They're closing the time loop. No, this is the multiverse saga. Every movie from now on and has been is going to have something to do with the multiverse, and it's because they want you to know how big the world is. All these different characters can come in mutants, fantastic for whoever you need, Norman Osborne, Harry Osborne. And then when Secret Wars comes, they will be able to streamline, as they did with the comics, all their universes and take in the things that they want to keep and get us and the things that they don't and we will have what is essentially a new MCU and a new phase.
Speaker 2: Let's give DC there.
Speaker 1: Perhaps this is the infinite This is the crisis on Infinite Earth's method.
Speaker 3: Yes, everything exactly DC has been you know, this is the constant ebb and flow of DC and Marvel. But DC is definitely established. You know, we've mentioned it before. DC established an understanding of what the multiverse was for moms watching the CW years before Marvel even considered it. Like, there is a cultural literacy around this term because of the work of DC and Marvel, And it's definitely the crisis on Infinite Earth's idea of streamlining. And also, even though they only mentioned three movies, this is a false slate. It had the full Kevin Figy Tony Stark timeline. So there are multiple movies and projects that we don't know about yet. My guess D twenty three in September we will probably find those out, yes, but for now, these are the three. I mean. Also, Avenger's Secret Wars comes out literally like just months after Kang Dynasty, so they're looking to make two billion that year.
Speaker 1: Now we don't know who will even be on these Avengers teams. First, I should know, let's read this quote from Kevin Faggy talking about why only two Avengers movies and at the end basically of the phases that were announced, quote, you know, we realize it's very different than Phase one, two three, that there are more projects and less years, and therefore it didn't seem right to culminate. We're not going to culminate every ten months in an Avengers movie. And each of the films themselves now has become quite big in across our events in many ways, and after the creative experience we had with Infinity Warren Endgame, it felt like it was about capping a saga, saving back to back Avengers films for the completion of a saga. And that's really what we wanted to lay out. So let's just again get irresponsible fan casting wise. Who's going to be on these Avengers teams? Who do we we see here?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I Shangchi is going to be on the Shangxi is gonna be on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that the Kang Dynasty is probably going to be a Thunderbolt Stark Avengers team that's probably not going to do a very good job.
Speaker 2: And fucking yeah wiped out by Keg.
Speaker 3: I think it could happen, you know, and then as suit, I think that we're in an era. If we look at the movies that have been announced, there was a there was an era of the Avengers just post Marvel now, which was a big line wide relaunch in like twenty twelve went on. That's where Miss Marvel comes from. That's where the amazing Jane Mcalviy, Cure and Gillen young Avengers era comes from. I think there was an era of Avengers around that time which had Sam Wilson as Captain America, who we know is about to be Captain America in New World Order. Captain Marvel was on that team. Miss Marvel was on that team. I think that there I don't necessarily know that they're going to have someone as young as Miss Marvel, but I think we could see a world where there's going to be legacy heroes. We could see a Monica Rambo on the team, Sam Wilson on the team, Shane definitely, Kate Bishop Hawkeye. I think that we're going to get to see multiple Avengers teams because they is going to be multiple threats. Kang is not just a singular being. As we know in the comics, he's taken on many forms. So I think that we're going to have a failed Dark Avengers Thunderbolt style team, then an Avengers team. But then I also by the time that we get to Secret Wars, I think we're talking about West Coast Avengers, Young Avengers, New Avengers. I think everybody, everyone who's in their different location will I think King Create.
Speaker 1: I think King Dynasty, much like the comics where it probably comes from, We're going to see, to your point, we're going to see fighting in multiple timelines. We're going to see fighting in the farthest in past, right, a team that goes back into the past to maybe try and head off Kang before he becomes King. We're going to see a team fighting King in the quote unquote present, trying to hold off whatever he's trying to do, and probably the Fantastic Four, somebody fighting Ya in the future. And again it's going to be we predict it's going to be a bloodbath.
Speaker 2: And that's it. That was a lot.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I just want to say the last thing. I do think, so I do know that I do think that the X Men thing is a big gap, but there's a lot of gaps in twenty twenty five. I think that Secret Wars, speaking of teams, could be a space to see the X Men, because if we look back to the original eighties Secret Wars, that was really the first big lime wide crossover where you've got X Men, Avengers, all these different teams together. So that would be I would love to see a pre Secret Wars X Men movie in twenty twenty five, but I actually think that might be the smart bet for where we're going to see the official X Men rather than mutants.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Now, some of you had questions, and some of them are very good ones that touch on a bunch of the stuff where we're talking about, and some of the questions certainly arise from the various news drops from a hall h Let's start with Trevor, who asks, is the Kang from Loki actually dead or is that the same Kang We'll see an ant Man, the Wasp three and beyond, or always see multiple Kangs since Loki Kang said him being alive at the TVA were the only things holding each multiverse. A'd pay this is a great question.
Speaker 2: This is the question that's the question.
Speaker 3: It's the question.
Speaker 1: So I mean Rosie wanted you lay it up. But basically, Trevor, I think you got it that Kang is dead. But there are many many Kings. Yea, many Kangs.
Speaker 3: If you're going rather than digging deep into the comics, which I do love to do, so please go and look up Kang. He's so much fun. There's so many Kangs. They could have an infinite number of Kangs in this MCU if you base it on the comics. But as you so smartly said, Trevor, if you look just at Loki and the moment where he's showing that his descendant or his ancestor worked out how to go to the multiverse, and then it's all these different Kangs going throughout the timelines. Without the existence of the TVA and the pruning, we can assume that those Kangs all now exist the cart us, all different types of Kang. My I have a personal theory that I hope is what we're going to see in Quantumania. I don't know how true this is going to be, ok, I hope that the Kang that they meet there at least begins as an ally and then becomes the antagonist because I think that'd be a really interesting journey. I also wonder if the Kang that we see in Quantumania who is in the Quantum Realm is the descendant or ancestor of Kang who discovered the multiverse, because it seems like the timeline would work out and then we end up in this core referential loop. But basically I doubt that He who Remains will be the Kang that we see in A Man and the Quantumania. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw He who Remains again much further down the line, returning to help fight.
Speaker 1: As I guess that you know. One of the questions the key a listener Katie had it was he who remains lying about being the Kang that defeated all the Kangs. Wouldn't that make any other version of King we see less formal?
Speaker 3: No? I love that question there.
Speaker 1: It's a great question. The thing you've got to realize about Kang is like he's done all of this like infinite amount of times. It's like playing through a video game as many times as you want to play through it to understand how exactly it works. And that is he who remains a more refined version control freaky version of Kang who's thought about every possible angle to the story as he lays out there in Loki.
Speaker 2: Now, the other versions of.
Speaker 1: Kang maybe haven't laid out all the angles, but they're also just like a lot more warlike than he who remains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also as well, if you think about it, am I getting into time loop stuff now? Which is fine and tin lines an MCU multi vast. Technically, if every single verse of the timeline existed, there is a version where someone beat he who remains Even if the version that we ended up in and Loki was a version where he who remains one, there are other versions of Kang who will have defeated him in other timelines. That's just the nature of timelines and the infinite timeline kind of theory. So it's really fun, and I love that you guys are asking these questions because these are absolutely the questions that are going to be driving forward Kang's story arcs we as we go into these phases.
Speaker 1: Cody asks, is Armor War's gone? If so, how does this affect your sentinel theory?
Speaker 2: Code? Armors is not gone, Rosie, you have.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was as you can imagine number one Armor's sad. I was actually really worried. But you see Leicester, who is the showrunner of Armores, did a very funny postwag just says, I promise it is coming out and posted a picture of Rody in the armor. My gut says, because of how quickly Secret Invasion is coming out, much sooner than any of us thought, right, I think Armor Wars will be revealed sooner rather than later, perhaps as a surprise drop or further down the line than we thought. But I think I was really happy to see that was still confirmed. Yeah, and I think Armor was going to play a big part into the Sentinels. I also think that they're establishing weirder parts of the MCU law, so there's a lot of fun ways they could go. But so far we've confirmed it's still happening, and I'm very excited for it.
Speaker 1: And so for those of you who have not heard our Sentinel theory, the Sentinel theory is that the Stark drones used by Damage Control to hunt Kamala, etc. Are a early, early, early precursor to what will become the Sentinel program. I think that's still on the table, and obviously with the long kind of timeline before we get to any near an X Men team. I think there's plenty of time for that, for that technology and that storyline to develop. And then Thomas asks, we had Infinity Saga, then Multi Versaga, what do we have next? Need to know what happens by twenty thirty, Well, I mean, like I think what will happen? Expect that they're going to introduce the X Men right after this, I think seven or eight day and we're going to have a lot of our original talent off the board, probably all of them, right, and maybe Sam Jackson still around, but most of them will be gone. And I think what you're going to see is a reorientation of the MCU around the X Men. It's going to be X Men stories that are kind of like running things, less so Avengers stories. And I think listen, one of the big comic crossover events in the Marvel in Marvel of the last deck Aid plus or so was Avengers versus x Men. Yeah, I would not be surprised in an x saga and the emergency if we have you know, we have the emergence of mutants, the globe panicked by all these superpowered people, appearing if we don't have a showdown of some sort between the X Men and the Avengers.
Speaker 3: No, I think you're absolutely right, and I think you really summed it up. I think that for that to happen, the Mutant saga, it is X Men stories, Mutant stories, everything and everything else is on the outskirts to the point where we'll probably it will probably almost feel jarring, but in a good way. And I think that your penultimate or ultimate movie there is Avengers versus X Men because Magneto is doing too much, Charles is doing too much. They're both doing too much all the time in the comics, but hypothetically one of them is doing too much. Maybe the emergence of Crocola as it exists now, which is like a planet where the X Men live. You know, there's lots of different ways that an Avengers team could see the X Men as a threat and then post that you can have the world I think a lot of people have wanted since two thousand and eight, which is you would have your twenty thirty onwards would be X Men and Avengers together in the MCU. That's it for us.
Speaker 2: Big thank you to Rosie Knight for joining us.
Speaker 1: Today Rosie plugs, plugs, plugs, plugs, plugs, plugs, plugs, what do you gotta plug?
Speaker 3: Oh, if you want to know more about this stuff, I will. I will have big explainers going up on Nerdict about Churi High Evolutionary. They'll actually probably all be up by the time you listen to this. Also about the Thunderbolts. I will have a really cool vibe check piece that should be up at Polygon. There will be some other cool stuff going on. Oh my god' Silla comic It comes out actually really, it's going to be out on Wednesday, August the third, which is very exciting. We're going to go and next week I guess we should be able to tell you about the care giveaway that we're going to do and you can go to your comic shop and buy that you can enjoy it. Hopefully we will be. I'm doing two different signings in I'm doing a signing at Nostalgic Comics, which is in San Gabriel with Mark Martinez is my very good friend who is the cover artist of the book, and Oliver Owner who is the interior artist, and that will be from twelve till three on Wednesday, the day that The comic comes out Wednesday, the third of August, and then on Saturday, the sixth of August. I know dates. We will be doing a massive Godzilla Day at my local comic book shop, Pulp Fiction, where it be all kinds of artists. You can come and buy the comic, you can get some cool Godzilla art, you can have fun, you can say hello. So those are two really cool things that are coming up. If you want to find me, I'm on Instagram, Rosie Marx also Letterbox. That's my only two social medias. So yeah and yeah, obviously.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for God'silla to cons That's going to be really fun, folks. What a fantastic episode. X ray Vision has a new home on YouTube. The Takeline YouTube channel and Twitter channels are now dedicated.
Speaker 2: To all the stuff that we do here.
Speaker 1: Go check out at XRV pod on Twitter and x ray Vision on YouTube, and plus check the show notes for our discord.
Speaker 2: We'd love to see you there. Come join the community. Rate and review us, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Rate and review us on the platforms five stars only. If you don't want to give us five stars, don't rate.
Speaker 2: And review us like get out of here. X Ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by Chris Lord and Soul Rubin.
Speaker 1: The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy Garhard are editing in sound design. Who's by Vacillis Photopoulos. Dylon Villanueva and Matt de Group provide video production support Alex Rella for Handle social Media. Thank you Brian Vasquez for the music. See you next time, Everybody,