Speaker 1: He shot. If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my bro Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last and come in with him love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up to? Yeah? You know she raided shout towns on speaking to the ground a second. We're gonna last cut up and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits. Did you want to revisit? So your first second? Listen Jill folk So it's lip oh folking, we dig it. Hey, no this do what you do?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: This do what you do?
Speaker 1: Ha, No this do what I do? No? Hey, hey, hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Ladies and gentlemen. We are so glad to be back. It has been such an exciting week in politudes going on with the news and I miss you guys. Hire your tutz hi a tutz how's it going? Everything is going? Find if you don't know who Tisy is, lady, if you're new to laugh a learnt and we always love new subscribers. Then that is my beautiful co host, Bobby Clifferck, especially or to the regular fame that she's known as Miss cot because she's she's Irish, Catholic American and she lives in Boston, so you know, it's all kinds of accents going on over there. Anyway, how was everything, Bobby? How was everything?
Speaker 2: It's been a rough week, which we're going to get into. I'm okay personally, everybody's doing okay. It's it's I don't even want to turn the TV on.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to get into the polities. Let me tell y'all about my week. First of all, Whens. Last Wednesday night, I opened for Tiffany Hatis here at the Lone Beach laugh Actor. Y'all know my history at the laugh Factor right now. But Tiffany asked me to do it and we had a great show, Yes, she and I and and then the next morning I fell up to Chicago and I did Urban Pride. I hosted a fashion show and then I hosted a show at the Park and Jackson Parks for Urban Pride. Thank you to the Urban Pride Committee. Treated True Love Ken Beach. I co hosted with my guy oldis smack uh.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was such a wonderful pride celebration. And when I say that, I'm a part of the LGBT community, even as ostracized and sometimes I feel but I love to see my age demographic. A few younger people that hung out with us, loving on each other, showing what pride really is supposed to be about. We were barbecuing, They had the street vendors, they had the sponsors who was giving our literature for mental health, mental care, health care, condoms, HIV testing, just so many people barbecuing. Everybody was playing come get one of my ribs. I'm like, oh, let me see what you your setup looked like, because if your hands don't look clean, I ain't need your reel. But it was the camaraderie of everybody being so wonderful toy to the other. And then they had these kids there. These were dancing girl groups that were so good. They thought I was thought. They said, can we take a picture what you have? I said, sure that you so if you go to my Instagram, Paige that marbo Fa, you could see a picture of me with one of the groups. They were the sweetest little girls. I encouraged those little girls and told them stay and keep going, stay on stage. Find this is such positive because what it taught, what it teaches as a parent. It teaches your children's sportsmanship, It teaches them teamworkmates, the dream work. It teaches them camaraderie, and it teaches them how to work with other people. You're not always the star. Somebody else was shying here and you might shine there. But you also know if they're in those rehearsals, and if they're in those practices, they're not on the internet, and they're not into bullying mess. They're in rehearsal to learn. And they were all very very good. So hats off to those parents and to those young ladies who dad stay bus off too. Good. God, they was jumping over in the air, Bobby and doing the dem drop all on their back. Every time one of them did it. Mind you, we were on a wood, the surface was wood on the stage. Girl, My back hurt. For all of them. I had to go take an average prof good God, I was scared to damn.
Speaker 2: They never felt a thing at that age. You didn't remember that crazy stuff you used to do.
Speaker 1: But it was so amazing. So I came home Monday, and today I'm actually supposed to be at my premiere because the premiere came out of We Got Ours, the movie that I was in. But it's just it was impossible to get there with with everything going on. But I am here with my flames, with my Bobby, because with my producer, mister Aaron Howard, and we are glad to be here. Now we're about to get into it, and I'm gonna get I want to talk about no other stuff going on in the news, but politics. What we did not give you guys that we're going to start off with. And it's not even on Bobby's schedule, but we're going to start off with the recap of last week's debate because we were supposed to do it, but I was in Chicago and I was stilling myself and I didn't want to talk. I'll let Bobby go second. I'm gonna just gonna give my my analogy or my synopsis of how I felt about the debate.
Speaker 2: Can I asked you one question before you get into it, because I want it. I sort of want to out June with something that's positive. And I'm really I'm sorry. I'm interrupting you a sorry, come on, Well, so Pride, because you were talking about Pride Month is over and something that for all our our people who think that Joe is sleepy and he's this and he's not the one thing that he did do and he ended Pride Month with is he pardoned potentially thousands of ex service members that were convicted under the Uniform Code of Military Justice Article one twenty five, which criminalized sootomy these people were put out of their jobs, they lost all of their benefits. He is trying to write a historic wrong and this is clearing the way for them to go back and get their benefits retro. So I just thought it was a great way to end our Pride months that you were just talking about, And thank you for that.
Speaker 1: That was wonderful And this is what I'm talking about. That was perfect segue into where I'm going to go with this is how I feel about about the debate. Do you see that this man sees you? Do you hear that this man understands who you are as a person, not your sexuality, not your color. He is not perfect. Yes, in ninety four he he sided that bills, that Crinsville Act. But this is not ninety four. And he has mended his ways and he has fixed suit loans. And they always talk about the nigga that he owed.
Speaker 2: He's slow.
Speaker 1: He got this coombobulated. Haven't you had a bad day at your job before? Haven't you had an off day? And you've been doing this job for fifty He has been doing this job for fifty years. Not the presidency, but he has been in service to this country for fifty years, for better or for worse. So the experience is there, because I'll be damned if I, as an experienced person, is going to come in. I've been working on his job on the assembly line for twenty years. I'm the supervisor. And some kid goes to college and get their master's degree, and they have the degree, they have those skills. But I have been working at your company for twenty years. You want me to train this kid to be my boss? Bullshit, bullshit. I would never do that. What I will do teach this kid, and if you get on my nerves, I'm gonna let this kid go cold turkey because they will teach you how to run this machine, but they won't give you the experience of the hiccups, the hiccups, will say, y'all because we're losing jobs day by day. Amazon just laid off a whole bunch of people and hire robots. I need you off to be paying attention to all of this. So y'all gonna let three years of presidency of good service because this man has did a whole lot for this country and economy is jacked up because he was handed the jack of economy for one hour debate that he had a bad night off of because right after the debate his mind was there. Have you ever now never thought that Joe Biden could get nervous a lot of he already has a stuttering problem. This was probably the most watched debate in history, so of course he was nervous because all eyes was on him and they were expecting them. And Bobby made a very valid point to me, because I'm not gonna take credit for this. Bobby said, you know how you cram in college for a test and you study study stuch. I think they get overkilled to Joe. I think they overha with what he was supposed to say. I'm like, he's been in this for fifty years, and what we love about Joe is YO got a quick wit and a fast response. Sometimes people want to see your sharpness. They don't always want it to look like it was scripted. But I will I'm the loyalty is shit in this country one more time. This might be the name of this this episode. The loyalty is shit in this country from the Democratic Party. Stand with Joe. He needs us now more than ever. Yes, he's old, but he was old when he was the vice president. He ain't got no damn Benjamin Button juice or he would have shared it with me. Shit way at Hope. I mean, you know, you want to be good in order for him to feel like he is relevant. He has the power, He is the man. His people need to stand with him. Yes he's weak right now, but we should be standing with him to make him strong. Everybody like rats, you're ready to jump ship because somebody told you there's a hole in the boat. Fix the goddamn hole and be loyal, save the boat, save the country. Yes, he had an off debate, but what he said was the truth and Trump baited him, and they did that because Trump speaks with authority. He was seventy five percent lines, but he speaks with such authority that you clowns and losers and people who don't know who you are. Listen to that shit and buy it, because what I'm telling you what's coming if he fucks up and winning, is going to be way more scary than you ever know. There will be no a presidency, there will be no a lot of stuff. Everything will go by the fall, by the wayside. That's in the Bible too. Now. I just want to say I was not happy with I cringed watching my president at that time, but I kept screaming, come on, Joe. I was encouraging him from here. I believe that if we stand together as democratic American citizens that believe in the democracy of this country, he will feel our energy. But we can't show him that we're scared too. We are afraid, God, Devin, we scared to death. So we have to stand together like monsters, push this machine, push back to this machine, and keep Joe in office so that we can say whatever the microcity we can say. And the Supreme Court is not working with us, and to me it looks like they all hand in hand and Trump. Whoever advised Trump when he was the four year president, they strategically played chess like a motherfucker, because they have implanted spaces and places that we cannot penetrate right now. This is why we have to show the power that we have short up to the post voting Blue. I know, I know. I hear you. I hear the outcry. I hear the outrage, I hear the fear, I hear the he's old. I hear all of those complaints. But what I don't want to hear is I told you so. I don't want to hear that. I don't want to hear that. I want you to understand that if we lose and Trump gets in, everybody will lose. Period. Okay, I'm sorry, Bob, that's my take. I'm still rad with that, But you damn show we did directions.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think he was over prepared too. They're trying to come through with things like he had jet leg. He hadn't, he's been he's been in camp, David studied like stupid excuses like let them go. The only thing that Americans really need to know, and I think that we would find out one way or the other, whether he wanted to or not, is whether Biden's health Was this an episode or was this a condition? He just had a full physical that he passed with flying colors in February. I am sure that doctor O'Connor would have had to turn him into somebody if he felt that that there was any type of dementia. I'm sure of it. So, you know, the press asking to see medical records, ask him to speak to his doctor. They, I guess they've never heard of hippop. All he used to do is be transparent. The other one is bragging about the cognitive that he was forced to take. Did you see it? Because I never saw the results claim? You know. And it's the loyalty I'm disappointed with because they're saying forty percent of the people who voted for Biden lost time are field that he should step down. But it's not that easy. Your representative Rocanna who I think we're going to see big things from over the next ten years between him and Newsom. Was on Chris Palmer the other day and Chris sought a called for it, you know, well you didn't have primaries, and Roe shut that down, and I think Chris appreciated getting the knowledge. He said nobody didn't have primaries. He said. The problem was when any of the people that were going to compete, let's just use Gavin Newsom. But that's not what he wasn't talking about. He said, when they pulled the poll numbers and they did all their due diligence to see if they had a shot and howl of winning, they didn't, so they didn't waste their time, their money, their effort. There was no one to go up against Biden for whatever reason. So it's not that we didn't have a primary. And is it going to get me better if they say that I'm president Harris's polls or her appool rate, he's even worse. But nobody also is that I'm super frustrated.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: This is like, it's like setting me off because it was painful to me.
Speaker 1: I hated.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is there are two parts of a debate. There's there's they call it. One piece is called rhetoric. It's the speech that you say the way that you say it, and argumentation. So Trump had the rhetoric because he sounded strong. There was no argument, and I'll tell you Joe was struggling with the argument too. That's when you build a case. He said that Joe's economy was bad, so Biden should have come back and said it wasn't bad. I have this percent, this, this, this, all of his wonderful things that he's done. Trump was awful. So why people aren't looking at that, I don't know, and I am so people believe.
Speaker 1: People believe the supersede controversy supersedes the truth. And Trump is he's entertaining. Bobby, he's compelling. Can't if you don't know who you are. Let me say this with conviction, if you don't know who you are as a human being, he will reel you in like a piece of meat and open a piece with blood bleeding out for the sharks. Because he is. He is captivating the way he did. He's hilarious, but he's entertaining, and this country wants to be entertaining, as opposed to reading the firing Prince. He's the fan print, gonna get you all caught up.
Speaker 2: He's a buffoon. I don't want to be entertained. I don't want to be entertained anymore. Rokanna used a quote that came from my four time mayor, Kevin White back in seventy nine. Was speaking to a bunch of press, and he said, and he was saying. Rocanna was saying this between Biden and former President Trump, don't compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternative. And he's saying, if we don't have if you don't don't like Biden, then you're voting for Trump because there's no way in the short time to get somebody in there that that they can get up to speed and that can beat Trump. It's not the Trump is so great, it's that we have to get used to the fact that that somebody knew. So I mean, alarm bells are ringing for everybody. I'm not saying that, and they should be. They desperately need to get Joe out. I don't know why they've had him in the back room.
Speaker 1: And he's showing such fear from the Democratic Party. We are at the race. If you wanted to switch Joe out, you should have thought about this two years ago, a year ago, hell, the beginning of the year. But now we are at the finish line, and he has been Trump in the past. Yes he's feeble and shaky, but if we're going to do a comparison, so was Ronald Reagan the last his last turn. But we didn't have social media, we didn't have so much intrusion into seed. They on a day to day to day and they might paint have because you see him all over everywhere, because the media is everywhere. So that's the difference because and the truth be told, Biten is sharp. But then then then that Ronald Reagan, would y'all just.
Speaker 2: Think fear it? So here's the really strange thing. He spoke an hour later or an hour and a half later. I don't know if it was campaign Funday. People are screaming about that. Well, why is he still kept coming up with money because even if it's not him, he still has to raise money for the next guy. But he was shocked. He said he had a bad time. He said, I'm old, I'm this, I'm not He said it the he said it. The next day he had he had a rally and he said, which I always loved, this is this is Joe Biden in a nutshell. He said, you know what when they're when you're knocked down, and he knocked him out, his own own self down. He said, that's not that's not the dividing factor. It's how you get back up. It's if you jump back up and you keep moving and he did so. I think his people, I don't know who's advising them. I don't know if they're doing a bad you know, we never hear that stuff. We'll hear it ten years the historians will say it. But he needs to either do some town halls, have a back and forth with the press, you know, give him a finite time, ten minutes. He needs, he needs interviews. We need to get here himself. I said that this next week is going to be critical, critical for his campaign. We need to get more surrogates out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say this, Bobby. I strongly believe, and I know it looks very dark, but there's always uh, there's always.
Speaker 2: The life before the dawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I strongly believe that Joe Biden is going to prevail. And I'm going to say this publicly because I believe because I work with Bobby Clifford, and Bobbie Clifford is a white woman. And I'm not saying that to say I'm looking at Bobby as a white woman, but she is a fucking white woman. Whatever I am, she's a white woman. And I think that white women are going to be saw fit with the sexism that's coming from the gopis and understand that they are the ones that's on the land. We already know all the other women are and there some of their eys a second class. But when you're white queens, because that's what you are to you, to your white me, and you're their white queens or you should be, are going to get so frustrated with the rhetoric and the bs and the disrespect because what is showing is disrespect. I used to have respect for the Republican Party. I can't respect this Republican Party because they're allowing they allowing all this foolishness. They used to have a backbone as far as integrity and truth, and they wanted the best for a maybe they wanted you to work, they didn't want to give you a were fra. But you never wanted to give people a fair opportunity. This is beyond unfair. This is almost dumb for you guys to see such a brilliant party, y'all. The Republicans, I believe are a brilliant party because they're still Americans. But well, but not this, not this group, well, no, not the not the far people.
Speaker 2: I mean, we need, we need, we need more for Joe. I started to say we needed surrogates. We need like Buddhagees get out there and start talking about the infrastructure and the changes that it made. We need Senator Warren to get out there about student debt. Secretary Rimondo, I think is her name. She's the commerce person. She needs to talk about the manufacturing they brought up, brought out and Harris has to go over after Trump every waking moment of the day. And then and I don't mean this as a slam because I do like Koreine John Paul Pierre. I keep calling her Jump Paul the press secretary, but we need someone stronger. She looks like she's playing a dodgeball game at the last few things she is giving in kind of talking like well, no, that's not appropriate. We need someone you know, like no, we're not talking about that, that's not it and shutting that ship down. I hope they want to see his medical records. I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: It's damn movie. I want I want to fight you right now, Bobby Clifford. I want to fight you for for I can't even disagree with you, because I can't. I don't dislike her the woman, but I don't like the position that she has. I don't think has the authoritative voice. I don't think that she has the capacity to shut it down like you stop. And as much as we did not like all the last that that's funny looking at Sarah Hunkerby Fanders shoved to you. She was impenetrable. That bitch was a wall.
Speaker 3: She looked like she looked like good gosh, but couldn't have if she didn't want to go down whatever road you.
Speaker 1: Was taking her. She immediately went to somewhere else. And I think that.
Speaker 2: Was the first press secretary under Biden, wasn't it. Isn't it how you say her name? Patacky?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was shut it down. No move, it's not productive. This conversation is from productive. Let's continue on.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, and I know I'm gonna get my ass handed to me for this, but I think that in Karren's all mine. And I don't know this woman, but I think because not only is she a black woman, but she's openly gay, and she's in such a hobby she may even have fears of I don't want to overset my balance because as a black person still in this country, in twenty twenty four, and I'm speaking from a black person's respective. There is some shit that is still off limits to us to say and or do. And that's just the truth.
Speaker 2: And I feel badly about that. But what I'm gonna say about that is if.
Speaker 1: She wants a job in six months, well wait, wait a minute, boy, because you just brought up the point I was gonna say, thank you for saying that. Do you think the reason Sanders and Warren and Boudajets has not spoken up? And I think that in June Budade did Boudajets did a great disservice to the community because that was his time to shine. It was Pride month. He's openly gay, he has a husband and children. That was your time to really push to the gay community how much Biden sees us, understands us, and allows us to be free in this country. But you did not. I think you dropped the ball with it personally. And do you think they are afraid to speak up against Trump because they are in fear that if Trump wins, he already if you go after me, I'm going to get your ass. He first afraid that he's gonna come with Revine woke up.
Speaker 2: I mean, what was what was the first thing he did when he got in in twenty sixteen? What what what website?
Speaker 1: Shut down the LGBT day one? He came down day one down?
Speaker 2: What was? What did President Biden do day one that he got in?
Speaker 1: Hosted right back up?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it. I mean, I own I'm with you with something to with with loyalty. We have Texas Democratic rap Lloyd Dodget and Arizona's wrap rabul Oh god resolvo. I'm probably killing his name. They spoke out a turn as far as I'm concerned. They both came out publicly and said that Biden needs to shut down. If you need to speak with Biden personally, go do that. Tell them I'm coming out with this. Somebody would give you a phone call. You don't come out and say that. You see that inside with your own party. Do you think Charles people are doing that? No, the GOP steps in line and they fall back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they're all petrified. Bobby. We lost the We had a hulk in a Democratic party. Nothing here was the hawk. We had a hulk. But y'all attack that woman's husband and she's all he's a seasoned woman, and y'all scared that woman. I believe that Nancy Pelosi was our hulk. You couldn't shake her. She didn't back down. She stood on principle, and she stood on what this country is supposed to be, which is a democracy. But they did what they needed to do to get rid of her. I don't know this new party. They all seem like what's is Bobby. Everybody's so favot and afraid. And I get the fear of Trump, especially if you're trying to have a political career and you're trying to further and you think that if he gets in office, you are in trouble. You're still going to be in trouble because you will always owe your lips to his artists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get it. I mean she I think that Nancy wanted the leadership role and all that comes with it, as much as President Biden probably actually wants to run for president. Right now, they're both of a certain age. It's time to sit back and relax, write their memoirs, make a gazillion dollars that they can pass down to their family instead their working tirelessly morning, noon and night. I mean his family is supporting him, which I actually love. And people are getting there getting their chops in to Hunter Biden like he's ever made a good decision in his life. You know, they just I mean, the wax don't keep coming for this family. The things that we have to worry about. He's already had one fundraiser that was canceled in California. The money. We got to keep the donors happy. We've got to keep the unions happy. These are all people that Joe needs, and we better buck up. I was going to say something else, but I don't want to. I don't want to be a potty mouth. We're going to figure it out because.
Speaker 1: Now you don't want to. Now you don't want to be a party mouth. Ladies, you know, I don't want people.
Speaker 2: I don't want people hearing me. So I know, I'm curious. The only thing that made me happy this week, the only thing that I kind of half smiled, although it doesn't really make a difference because he's an old man, is Giuliani got discarred.
Speaker 1: Oh I say, uh, fad words, what took them so long? Good guys, right right exactly?
Speaker 2: For I know, And Bannon went to Bannon went to jail finally for his four months. Trump is screaming that it should have been Biden, that should have been going. And the meantime another people listen up. Now, not only Louisiana, but Oklahoma. They are insisting that the Ten Commandments be displayed within the within the schools, and that the Bible should be taught. I do agree with one statement they made. Oklahoma school said, it's a historical document. It should be it should be taught if you go about it actually in that way, because it is a historical document, and you don't jam it down someone's throw you just say like it's the history book. You open it up. But of course I want all history, all of American history taught. Then I'm not as outraged. But our forefathers started this country back in the sixteen hundreds as a separation of church and state. This, this goes against the absolute fundamental of what our country is built on.
Speaker 1: You just opened up a can of worms in my head when you say it. What was the topic you said? You just say it to church and state. The history is a historical document. That do you Now you just start a conspiracy theory in my head. I'm just speaking this is not on topic. It's on topic, but it's help. It's not on paper. Is that? Why? Is that why Trump was selling bibles? Is that is going to be the new technique that they're going to use, which is a very old technice because we could read you have to buy.
Speaker 2: His Bible's blame. That's that's what it will be. He'll make the schools out by Jill, I'll have to buy his bibles.
Speaker 1: It's all about it's all about a dollar. Because remember he was pushing the bibles. This is the same one who want to read the past press conference but you read scripture. Yeah, you bad as Joe Osting because Joe Osting has the same message every week. My father went to be with the Lord. I was like, you only dad one time? According to your show, he did about twelve Wickham.
Speaker 2: I mean. And this is the other thing that's a want want this week is it's the second anniversary of the Dobbs decision. Right of Rob's waybying called back people. This is the type of stuff and they're not going to just start with the preventative stuff. It'll end up being IVF. It'll end up being they'll start sterilizing people. If they're depressed, you know, way back in the olden days. They're going to start going back to that. That is what Project twenty twenty five is about. Pay attention. People look at it. Do a little reading instead of picking up the S magazine at the at the checkout stand. Do a little reading that way. And I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be snarky something I do well, I know, but I'm trying to pretend to that that's.
Speaker 1: What they understand. So please be snarky. The nice we just talked about Karee Stepan's the nice they don't hear. Trump was not nice. He lied and he wasn't nice. But y'all heard everything he said. You just act like you did, Okay, So please be snarky. It works.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Robert Kennedy. Robert Kennedy, as we know, did not make the numbers to get on to the stage. I actually would have maybe that would have helped, you would have been a buffer. But he's he went on News Nation as the post debate coverage, and I didn't see his take. I would have been very interested to see what his take was, but I didn't, so I I don't know if anybody out there give us a little, a little snapshot. If you did, well, let me you this.
Speaker 1: I interviewed Robert Kennedy Friday before last. It's on Andrew Stanton Kings were waiting on her to release it, and I told you he changed my views about him in such a pleasant way. He was and his voice was a little not shaky with his nervous But he has some kind of dystonia.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's just a condition that makes it sound like.
Speaker 1: It's My question is, had he been on the debate, would y'all have thought something was wrong with him? Because he spoke very intelligent to me, even though his voice was a little weird. So but y'all had thought the same thing about him. That is my y'all, because we are so visual as a nation now stupidity. Good God, let me let me. I'm getting frustrated. I almost took my brows.
Speaker 2: From the love of God. Are you gonna be a bride burner? I have to, but I'd have to put something on my ankles to protect them from my boom setting them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But he's like he's either a hard yale, he's a very bright man. You educated, Yes, He's.
Speaker 1: A very bright man. I loved you. I loved his policies. I loved what he was coming at it because I was not for him before that. But when I spoke to him personally and I asked him, what were you going to do for the American people? What would you do for the LGBT commentity? Do you see me as a black person? Questions like that? And Bobby gave me the questions. He was he was, he was direct, he was brutally honest. And I'm a great judge of character. I can tell when you shit me because I'm a great shitter. Did that come out right? But I can, I can smell it. That's that July cancer birthday is in eleven days, by the way, y'all. And uh, I never got that from him. I got genuine cared about the people and his legacy because in his in his lineage is Kennedy, that is American royalty in politics. I asked him, do you ever think that you be as loved as your dad or as your uncle? And he says, I would hope to be, but I will work to try to be. That's what you want, somebody with a plan and somebody who sees you somebody who is iron hard. I'm still a Biden, been in politics fifty years. He and his sharpe's his words. I'm not I'm an old man. I'm not moving like the way. I don't debate the same way I want to. But I tell the truth, and I'm telling you right now as soon did y'all start letting his shoots peek back through the through the curtain, because y'all have lived in a super superstitis, super sensation of bullshit so long. We're going to be a better place and he is a better place for us right now. A good guy, that's scary.
Speaker 2: He's got a very busy week. Today he was meeting with the governors, the Democratic governors. I know Harris was in there. I think it was going to be kind of like a rah rah speech, and I think he was shutting the shit down that he's actually getting out, getting out, you know. I think they were coming in with that and he's closing it down. I know that Friday he is going to be in Wisconsin. He also Friday evening, I believe, is doing an interview with George Stephanopolos, and he's he's in Philly on Sunday, and then he's going to have a press conference next week with NATO. So I'm hoping to Jesus all of those events go well and he doesn't get in his own head and make the situation worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you something. I said this on coffee time. You can hope all you won't you, but hope and vote and pray of course, but hope and vote because hoping and voting goes hand in hand. All that hoping and you didn't go vote. When you say your one vote don't count, this is the one time that those words will bite you in your ass. Your vote, your one vote does count. Because they're gonna be watching this and it's gonna be complaints anyway. It's gonna be period.
Speaker 2: We won't find out till the end of December in the new year, before we probably find out who actually is the president, they're gonna be counting everything. So every single individual, and if you live in a swing state, please Jesus get out and vote and vote for you know, I nobody called him so the four I wasn't crazy over the format the debate. With the debate format, I liked that in the beginning I mentioned it last week that I sort of liked that they were wasn't going to be an audience for Trump to pander too well, he has an audience in his own head, so he didn't really need anybody. I believe that the CNN did not want to do fact checking or shut anything down because they didn't want to seem like they were biased over one candidate over another candidate. But the lies he told and he just kept going, and he just kept going. I just think half of it it really needed to be It really needed to be shut down. So I was super disappointed with that. Let's hope that he does. I don't even know. Tidam Me says Trump won't even bother to show up the next time. But then the other part of me, he loves to get in front of a group of people, so he probably will. I hope that Joe does better, he does not get all in his head and the next week goes goes well. He's got a lot of knocks on on poor Jo.
Speaker 1: Problem with all of it, Bobbi is just there is no loyalty. Yes, he's an we knew he was old member fifty years of experienced ship. I'm goin to say the word fifty years of experienced. Trump's Trump.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Trump has no political experience. He is a businessman, y'all can saying he failed, but he has won at selling us because he sold the ship out of this country allegedly.
Speaker 2: Do we think he's a terrific businessman? This is a This is a man. I believe that's the number is six times he claimed bankruptcy, So I don't know, you know, and I feel badly it happens once or twice, but six.
Speaker 1: To the law. I said, y'all say he a terrific I said you, I say he was a terrific businessman. I think he's the biggest scammer ever period my point of view. But it's working, and it's working for him, because again, if you don't know who you are as a person, you will fall for the oki do career fast, and a lot of y'all is shameful. It's shameful that you see exactly what we see. And we ain't even talking about the racism, or we ain't talking about the sexism, but the corruption and the lies. And it was never good enough to be a part of your family, It was never good enough to get the job that they wanted because they had a crime. But now y'all letting somebody who got thirty four convictions. These ain't indictments, these ain't charging just pending. These ain't we we haven't found you guilty. Now he's been found guilty, y'all allowing him to be the president? Young When did y'all lower y'all standards and didn't tell us? Because according to us, y'all standards still high except for the person that you want them to be low for. Ooh did I say that? Come on, Bobby, let's go oh, well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of found guilty, So let's let's move on. Scotus. The Supreme Court, they've been busy bees this week and one of the things.
Speaker 1: That they have speaking of lowering standards, please, well.
Speaker 2: You know what, So what we have to remember about you have to go back to you your history classes when you were in I can't even say high school it was really lower. Is that the Supreme Court is set up for all we're never supposed to know anybody's anybody's political affiliation and what they think. This whole week has been nothing about but decisions along party lines. And let's just remember remind people there are six Republican appointed justices, three Democrats, and that's how it sort of rolled. So the community case came up. I wasn't really surprised by this, but I was very disappointed. They the justices, right along party lines, all said that presidents do have immunity two for official acts versus non official. And that's the hokey doke, that's the murky wicked area. But it's going to affect President Trump in his upcoming cases, which is sort of disappointing. So he sent the I'm thinking Chief Justice Roberts sent back the decision for that Judge Mersham was looking at and he wants him to go through and he wants him to see hallo dexter. He wants him to see what acts our official versus non official. So they have moved it is no longer from July eleventh, the sentencing. They've moved it to September eighteenth, and a couple of talking heads believe it or not, have said that that's not necessarily a bad thing. They think if it was closer, he might have raised more money because people would pity him. But super super disappointing Justice wrote that president should have an absolute immunity when exercising their constitutional powers.
Speaker 1: But what is that?
Speaker 2: Sonya sought a mayor. She dissented, Actually all three Democrats dissented, and she said that, you know, like, when does it start. If the president orders Navy Seals Team six to assassinate a political rival. She says, he'll be immune if they organize a military cup to hold on to power. He'll be immune if he takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon, immune immune, immune immune. She was beside herself.
Speaker 1: If the Democratic Party played their cars right, they can use this immunity, this immunity case to make it by Trump and his ass But if they play their cars right, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, I think so what they they ultimately did is they're sending everything back down to the appellate courts. They really don't want to be dealing with any of the stuff. So we'll see what Merchant has. Jack Smith's case, they say, you know, everything is going to get pushed so pushed out anyway. He's going to have to look. He still feels he has a solid case regardless. So we're gonna see, We're gonna see, Actually what happens. Trump is trying to throw out the case in New York because one of the people that actually testified was that is her name, Hope Hicks or Hickey or something about some of the pot He informed her that some of this the hush funny case was going to be coming down blah blah blah. And they said that that one conversation could could be considered official. But that was only one conversation. They built a case around a million of the things.
Speaker 1: If I was a Democratic Supreme Court justice, I would be petrified of him getting back in office because if he becomes a dictator that he wants to be, no job, you don't have no tenure, He will fire you the same day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the thing they actually kind. So it's funny AOC now from the squad. Actually it's only happened in eighteen oh five. She wants to have them impeached, she wants to have them removed. I don't know if she has the standing for it, but but she's she's thrown it out there. So yeah, and the Washington Poster has reported that the DJ is still going to continue with their their case even if it's it's past the November date. So he's going to go off to the convention and he's not going to have to worry about being sentenced. That's just that's just, you know, one piece. But Biden was equally kind of outraged. He handled it like I would expect a president. He said, I do not have that type of power. We're going to now have to rely on the integrity. Basically I'm paraphrasing because I can't think of what he actually said. It almost certainly means there'll be virtually no limits to what a president can do, and he doesn't feel that. You know, that's why he's a president.
Speaker 1: Including including leave after his four years because he didn't want to leave. The first time has he ever has he ever conceded even to this day.
Speaker 2: Three times during that debate, three times he was asked would he accept the accept the results? He deflected once he came out and said no, unmust Basically, he's not going to believe them. They have to be honest, they have to be.
Speaker 1: They have to be what he wants.
Speaker 2: That's exactly That's exactly it. And they did have a few other a few other things. They gave Biden a practical victory. Uh the rejectee. They rejected the Republican challenge over the whole social media thing. You know, social media platforms, the control of what they can have and what they have to put up because they feel like they're they're holding out against conservative values. And they said, well, they just didn't want to hand the case. It was like it wasn't you know, kind of moving along. Something else that goes the hand in hand with Trump is they found that the dj overstepped the January sixth how how the people were were held accountable. They they felt that obstruction is as a more narrow scope than what they were convicted for. So you know, that's going to open a whole can of worms there.
Speaker 1: I'm having a Joe Biden moment. By the way, did we talk about do we talk about Biden's shaky against Ronald Reagan's while we were on live or did we do that before we started taking I.
Speaker 2: Think we did it before we were shot Japan, because.
Speaker 1: I want I want you guys to understand that. And when y'all say that Biden is shaky and what he is, he's an old man, he gets tongue tied because he had he had studied his entire life. He's also been in service and y'all want to say that his man ain't there, but his man is sharp. He makes great decisions. The reason y'all at him so hard, and y'all wasn't there Ronald Reagan when he was going through his whole dimension during his second term was because of social media and the media. We are so much more We are so much more fortunate now against and unfortunate to be able to look into people's living rooms and look into people's daily lives and be able to see what they're doing. You can't even poot now without big Brother watching. We see Biden's slow for digression or progression and to get as getting older. We did not see Ronald Reagan because we were not privy to so much stuff that we are privy to now, especially with social media. That is the difference. And Biden had Biden has his wits about him, but Reagan had a strong cabinet, which I said on the Breakfastleven Juness, Biden has a strong cabinet standing behind him. We will be okay. He just would be the face of our leader, but we'll have a lot of other people making the decisions of who our leader really is. So I need y'all to stand together and band together. I want to make that because I think y'all don't. I think people forget that because you wasn't around during the Reagan era or you were, you know, you didn't pay attention to politics, but you were so much more privy to see now than what you could see then because you you only saw Reagan if it was a press conference, and y'all, they could have told him what words.
Speaker 2: He shuffled out at the end and he was only in his seventies. He kind of movedton as he came out. Yeah, no, it's you've gotta do something. And I feel like these these two guys that are coming out against Biden, the Texas and the Arizona reps, you know, they have to look at themselves when when they're up for reelection and it's going to be what they accomplished. They're probably worried that they're not going to get they're not going to get voted back in. But if they were strong within their area and they actually did the work. I mean, remember, this is the do the least amount of anything Congress and Senate that we have had in history. So that's on them, that's not in President Biden, but they the Scotus also pause the environmental remember the Good Neighbor Act with the smoke stacks and stuff, so that people didn't get polluted. They kind of put that on pause for right now. The Chevron and National Resource Defense that that's a they shut down that whole president so that that was sort of disappointing. They did then the oxyconton the Purdue Pharma Opaoid settlement. They didn't vote to protect the owners of it, which was a little the Sacklo family, So that was that wasn't so bad, probably because it's i mean, between that and fentanyl, you know, the world is kind of has kind of been been a hot mess. The other thing that they are I'm not going to say they're siding with the Bide administration, but they're temporarily allowing emergency abortions in Idaho because that was a whole thing when the mother is mother's at risk. So that was sort of good. They something that's sort of sad. I think it's just like immigration. I think that unentomed people, that's a that's a huge opportunity, and they are allowing Oregon to punish the homeless that we're living in the parks and I and I have to say, I feel a certain way about that. I feel terrible for the people, but let's put them somewhere. But I also think that if you were with your three little children and going into a park, you shouldn't have to be beaten off. Because a lot of these people are mentally ill or you know, they have drug issues, you shouldn't have to be beating them off.
Speaker 1: So it is, and it is, and it's very scary, y'all. And I'm telling y'all, I'm with y'all on so many different levels of fear and anger and outrage and what I want. But hoping is no good without voting. And I'm telling you now that your vote matters, and it is critical that we stand together as a nation, especially if you're black and brown descent, hell, if you have white descent. If you care and have dignity about who you are as an American citizen, I don't do a damn what nationality you are, what what race, creed, or color. I don't care about your religion, because he will have control of everything. You're not.
Speaker 2: You're not hearing us.
Speaker 1: When I tell you the Department of Education gone, the FBI gone, iest gone.
Speaker 2: Pollution and climate.
Speaker 1: You have Marshall law rampage. The police will be able to They already get away with it in our face. Now they can get away with it just for sport. Understand that they will have competitions that work. I killed twenty agents today, Tomorrow you got to be my record back killing twenty five or I kill fifty black people. They will do shit like that and we won't have nothing to say because we don't have nobody standing for us, with us or buy us. Make the decision in your own heart and spirit, even if it is bite. You have to bite your tongue and close your eyes and hold your nose to do it. And vote your bike because you're voting for yourself. That's my piece. What you got body the.
Speaker 2: Only other thing I'm going to have. Just because you were talking about the cops, I had read it and I thought it was a little interesting. I want we want to give the US Marshals props. They have been out in a six week operation to recover missing children, runaways, people who are brought into trafficking, and they found in a six week period two hundred missing children over this year to date. As of July, the third, five hundred and forty six kids were found and either placed back with their families or placed in a different situation. Last year they recovered nine hundred and fifty kids. So these are cops who are doing the right thing and trying to get these kids off the stream. And I thought that was pretty great.
Speaker 1: We still have great people out here, y'all, we really do. They're just being superseded by all these clowns and all this foolishness. Make the decision, do the right thing, do the right thing for you. But if you want to save the country and you undecided and you're not sure, or you are a Republican, that won't sustain ry Republicans, but you don't you're not happy with this Republican party, then against your against your partisanship, but you'll work for your better judgment as a human and as an American. Vote for Biden. Save yourself, because if it hits us, it's going to hit you. It may not hit you the same way it hits us, but it will hit you and you will not like it. All right.
Speaker 2: The old man versus the bad Man's versus.
Speaker 1: The Orange mayor the Orange July liar liar pants on fire. Baby, if his pants got on fire and we saw them tidy white, he's burning, that would tackle the shit out of me. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want to smell it. According to the people that had to stand behind him in conch, oh my him skid knocks on him. He does love shing.
Speaker 1: I guess that's all. I'm big Max. You know he loves McDonald's yuck. Okay, and if he liked me, look if he liked fake meat, but he loved real money. He definitely don't want yours this lady. I don't thank you guys so much for joining us here at laughing. I remember. I will be in Atlanta, Georgia on July nineteenth and twentieth at Uptown Comedy Club. Get your tickets at the box office at the website, along with Sherwin Array and a Sham and Franklin. We're gonna have a fantastic time. I got some shit to talk about, y'all. Come see how pretty I'm look at how much shit I'm gonna talk. And I love Atlanta and I love Uptown, So catch me in Atlanta. D in and oh. The premiere came out for the movie We Got Ours Today even though I'm not there, I will be miss they missed me. I miss them too, but I missed that traffic. Good God. Happy fourth of July, Happy Independent Day. I know some of you guys celebrated, some of you don't. And in my old words are what I always said, it's a part of my history. You cannot erase the happiness of my history. Yep. We know about Juneteenth now, and we also know that Independence Day was different from very different cultures, but a lot of holidays was. But in my youth it was a happiness for me. So I'm gonna remember the happiness because it's much easier to remember the happiness than it is to remember the sadness. So happy fourth of July. I hope you guys are barbecuing and doing your fireworks. Please be safe. Don't have no kids around them. Damn fireworks. No sprinklers or sparkles or nothing. The most they can have is over those little pop things that you throw on the ground in they pop.
Speaker 2: Give your dogs some CBD too, if you got dogs that are nervous.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm Timmy gonna take two bit of drills, because Timmy be over here is shaking like a leaf. Good. God's the end of day. Enjoy your barbecue. I'm barbecuing, I'm cooking, and enjoy your holidays. Please continue to follow me on Instagram at Monroe Plane. I still do coffee time in the morning on YouTube like share and subscribe. My birthday is in eleven days cancer and my name ain't Mary, so we're gonna have a great time. I'll be thirty nine. Don't say shit, Bobby, I'll be thirty nine. And thank you guys subscribing Laugh and Learn. Please follow us, Please tell your friends this is season four. This is one of the hottest years in so many different ways and a great way for excitement, but in a scary way for how it's going down. But we will keep you as a rest as we are. Remember to get information, sent ideas, share stories, send topics to at Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram, at Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram, and Bobby will handle all of that. Bobby, what can we find you at gird oh.
Speaker 2: Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook. And then I follow the Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 1: I think I need you to create a new page called Can't I can't can never give us icon. The fans want an icon Bobby well i o icon icon Lady Jell. But thank you guys so much, and you're laughing and learn. The model has not changed and will not change. The decisions you make about who you are are your decisions and yours alone. You have to be responsible for them, and you have to own them when you're doing because you're laughing, learn. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because.
Speaker 2: Why, Bobby is, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: And a vote is the even worse one. Hope and vote, ladies and gentlemen, and then pray, hope and vote, and then pray. This is flame and row. That is Bobby Clifford. Thank you, mister Aaron Howard. This was Laugh and Learn. Until next week, y'all. Peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our objective deduce to is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys. This is slamming Row. Don't forget to laugh, listen and learn