Speaker 1: M hmm. Thank you guys for being here. You know, we got invited to the Holly Shorts Film Festival for Black Mark Nathan who is always thinking, he said, how can we make this more than just a viewing? He's like, shit, let's do the podcast. I'm like ship with Jack Listen Atlanta. Okay, we're gonna fly him in and we're gonna interview Marshaun Lynch. Okay, we're gonna fly him in. So again, Nate Man, thank you for making all this shit possible. Yes, sir Jaring all your hard work. Appreciate you, bro. Man. It's it's been a good day man. So we're gonna finish off strong here with one of our home boys. Man. First of all, just give it up for Marshawn Lynch Man. He don't talk much. Y'all about to hear him talk for forty five minutes, So here you go. They might, yeah, you might not, he might not. Never get this shit again, man, welcome a little live show. All the smoke. Thank you guys for being here. We appreciate everybody's time. I've got a chance to know Bro over the last ten fifteen years and always been a fan of his game and we all know what his game is, but you know what really what gravitated to me was the man off the field, what he does for his community. And then his business savvy is crazy and he don't never like to talk about that. So we're gonna we're gonna run into him a couple of times and make him actually talk about hisself a little bit, because this dude is all over the place with olden sports teams and businesses and all kinds of cool ship. So, man, let's get started off the rip. So you got something right here? What's what's this? Explain this to us.
Speaker 2: That's the beast mode blended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got a bit of clients. Yeah, so so how does it get the way show? How it works is we got our alcohol in there, so let's blend that up, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, simple, hell, that's simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just touched the button and then it turned off by itself.
Speaker 2: Ship, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is your ship? What you mean you don't know?
Speaker 2: I guess we've been a fine. Now it's gonna turn it'll come on by myself. Yeah, you got about a lot of a little sound blended.
Speaker 1: It is not done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making sure your water whipping your ship right now.
Speaker 3: Maybe that ship shuts blended. You gotta blend that blend that much that ship blend did? Did it in that ship David blended it down. If you ain't got no teeth, you're gonna be all right. This ship is going down. Fine, So how you take it off?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Show me how to take it off with the boy. Okay, I'm taking this one home, by the way. So yeah, it's mine. That's why i'm'na drink out the cup like it's already mine.
Speaker 2: Oh how long? What you got in there though?
Speaker 1: That's our mes Cow right there? You get you get you some yeah, anos, yeah, cheers, Yeah that much? Right, yeah, go ahead, go ahead and tap. I know you on the hand, but go ahead, yeah, just just a little bit. Mm hmm oh that pretty good. That's pretty good. Bro. You're gonna pour some henessy or chase it with some henesy you thikka chasing it with some henay?
Speaker 2: I meant now everything cochesthetic brought to you by me and Matt mes Cow. Y'all tried. Thank you'll, thank y'all, Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's get to it. Let's get to it. A man of many hats uh be Smoked Beast Health, part owner of the Seattle Cracking Facts, part owner of the Oakland Roots Facts. You dabbling the tree space, the cannabis space, it's some us multiple restaurants facts. Yeah, yeah, we got down this in the restaurant for the Shore and then just commercials, brand deals. You were never someone who you just always like to get to business. So post career being the forward part of business talking kind of opening up a little bit, how's that been for you?
Speaker 2: I mean it's been interesting, very interesting, but yeah, I mean the truth behind it is like you will sit here and say like, oh, yeah, you don't you didn't do this, You ain't have this going on yet. But a nigga always had motion. Yeah I'm talking about it just gets overshadowed by when you get somebody I mean, who don't go speak ill on your name, like, oh, he don't talk. So then everybody gonna say, oh, he don't talk. But then you go back as early as well, shit high school, and you got a clip that's going eighth shit right now talking about me taking my lineman a sizzly this when I'm what fifteen sixteen years old?
Speaker 1: Our linment.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if my linement wasn't so good. Oh my god, I don't know what to do, and me being as broke as I am, I'm about to find a way to treat my alignment just SI well, nigga, if you pay attention, you will see that, nigga, I do. But because the media said, oh, he don't talk, Oh, he don't talk, he don't talk. But then, like you said, you'll see me on a commercial, you'll see me in a movie. You know what I mean, You shoe me popping out doing you know what I mean, this type of shit. So it's like that is you stupid? I don't know what's been your favorite part?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously a very successful NFL crew, and we'll get into that, But what's been your favorite part after you hung it up?
Speaker 2: After I hung it up, I started getting to do shit like make my uh, make my my my god, kids, you know I mean, graduation, school plays.
Speaker 1: Shit didn't matter, little stuff.
Speaker 2: That type of shit you feel me though, The little school dances, you know what I mean, getting to pop out to their little events, the prim send offs, and you know what I mean, real real, real shit. Yeah, I mean, at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: How does Marshawn the businessman compared to Marshawn the football player.
Speaker 2: They both burn out. Man, I'm telling you they they both burn out. Look, man, I'm telling you shit. I mean, you know, to be honest with you like it really ain't no difference. I mean, you know, as far as how how you attack things like, you know what I mean, the nigga don't want to play in the space of you know what I mean, when you're playing with my chicken and shit. So I gonna make sure I stay on top of my ship just as well as on the field that nigga I want to get in motherfucking head buzz, So I stay all my shit there. But just like anything in life, you know, I mean, sometimes you get your shit got damn Yeah. I mean you got to make sure you on the other end and make sure you get your shit as well.
Speaker 1: It's only right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a rumor or maybe an urban leigure. I don't know if it's true or not, but they said you didn't really spend your NFL money. They said you was working all off endorsements and side stuff. Talk to us about financial literacy, because that's something that I know none of us up here come from. How important is that to you? And again, you're someone when I tell you this is when I started getting to know him. Just when I got to he allowed me to tap into his business mind and see how his mind works. And it reminds me of someone else who My brother Trevor reads it too. He don't talk much either, but great business mind. What does that financial literacy mean to you? Especially because we come from nothing?
Speaker 2: So since because a nigga had h and a nigga didn't know what type of time it was, it was more so I just put my situation like with shit, if I can't if I can't spend it twice and be comfortable, then I ain't gonna do it. And then along the way it's like, all right, now you know what I mean. Some of the first things that nigga asks as financial advisorss like, look, I know I could go and spend some money, but how do I spend money in the right way? How do you really spend money? So then you start getting into taxes, you know what I mean? How to you know what I mean? LLC's s corpse, C corpse all the shit. So it's like, all right, let me sit down pay attention to some shit, but you were just talking about hell on a dock, like educate yourself because shit wasn't nobody gonna do it for me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then I mean, you know you got hello motherfuckers and yo uh in your corner on some shit like yeah you need to do this, you need to do that, And I'm like, well, shit, that that's just like why to be just giving you hell of money for you to tell me to give somebody else. I me like, nah, that shit didn't make no sense to me. So then there was just more so like uh, well nigga, I grew up top run and this ship, so like nigga, I'm nothing. Yeah, but that's a that's a if you won't to type shit right. But the thing is, I'm like, well, I'm not about to go back to that. And also if I'm gonna eat it, it's gonna because I want to, not because I have to. So it just made me Yeah, I mean put that ship in my mind from all ship. If I ain't got it, then that's why I'm gonna have to do. So you know what I mean, let me go put this ship up, and then I ain't know my simple nigga, I don't really need too much. As long as my people shake, I'm good. Once you have that hustling mentalent, it's different ways to hustle. People don't understand that. Like, even especially after we retired from our sport, we still hustle. You know what I'm saying, We still hustle. It ain't got to be illegal, y'all. But you be still hustle. You know what I'm saying. It's legal ways to hustle. But then even don't understand that the whole this gets harder once you're done. You're right, But I mean, that's that's how I looked at it, you know what I mean through my career, like I just looked at it like everything that I had was a product for my speed, my catching ability, nigga, my power, my vision. I just looked at it all as like, okay, well you got some coke, got some weig, got some hairnd you feel me dough, you got some pills, you got some syrup, all right? Now what that shit gofo? And then it was like, all right, well, if I put my talents into the mindset of this product, all right, I think I got the best shit. So when it comes to you know what I mean, perfecting it, then hell yeah, I want to go as hard as I can. And then that way I'm not even competing against another player or all the you know the shit that all the superstar or the great athletes you know say that get their mind going. It was like, well, shit, I know if I got the best dope, nigga's gonna want to come by, So I'm gonna go out. You feel me work on on speed. All right, that's my crane because that's what's selling right now. You feeling my hands, that's the syrup because you know what I mean, bo is coming. Motherfucker's waned. But when you say it in the hustler's mentality, that is how I moved it. So then when you do go and get a check, it's like, well fuck that, i'ma go and tuk that motherfucker and I'm gonna use this over here. At the same time, So when you talk about you know, I mean my game checks, that was money, like, well, I don't even that shit don't even count away. Yeah that that shit don't even count. But then because I don't talk, it's what they said. But then I'm getting paid from doing these commercials. Okay, yeah, this the foof all right year run that because all I did was just go say what's up and the nigga gave me a couple of dollars. Okay, I'll take this. Then I'm just gonna flip that. Okay, now we're putting this into investments and some more shit. But then that was how I looked at it. That's how they shit flipped for me. Makes sense, Yes, sir, let's do career reflection. Five year pro bowler, super Bowl forty eight champion who played over ten years, one of thirty one players in NFL history to rush more than ten thousand yards, one of seventeen players.
Speaker 1: In NFL history to.
Speaker 2: Score more than eighty five rushing touchdowns. Eligible for the twenty twenty five Pro Football Hall of Fame for motherfucking show my dog fuck?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about.
Speaker 2: Along with Eli Mann and Luke Eagley, Adam Vinnitaria and Tail Suggs.
Speaker 1: Nice class? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: What would it mean for you to make the Hall and get that gold jacket? My dog? M man?
Speaker 2: Don't god, I don't even know how that shit work, you know what, man, I ain't even finna hole y'all. I'll talk to my agent like, brou is you supposed to do like a campaign or something like? What the fuck are you post to? How you know? How you supposed to rock that? What you're supposed to do? At the end, they like, shit, I don't. I mean, I don't know real but if it comes down to me, I ain't gonna hold you though, Like you know, I mean, I ain't never been somebody that playing for accolades and shit. I feel what I'm saying, but I understand how important that shit is. And it's almost to the fact wrestling fuck that. If a nigga don't get in off the first rip, don't come knocking at my you probably ain't even fine. Man. I'm here now, Ni, I go to the tailor. I got a little Asian nigga that a whip one from nigga man. I shit. After some fake jay's on, I go throwing the coat like the fuck shit. I swear to God, I don't come knocking at my door if you ain't gonna let me in off the rip, Bro, I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: You deserve it, though, Bro, don't you agree you deserve it? Though?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I observed we all know you deserve it absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is. First ballot. If you don't come with the first ballot, then keep that. Well fucking man, let me ask you this, at what point in your career did you think that that was even possible that you could possibly be a Hall of Fame football player? You know what? You realistically, like I said, you know, it was a something that a nigga had, you know, played for. But then even when you were in the moment, especially in your prime, like you don't even realize what the fuck going on? You know, I'm talking about you just yeah, you know, yeah you I mean, you're sitting here talking to the squad and all the shit that you know, it's just regular conversation, nigga, it's just Tuesday. What's handed, Well, it was Wednesday because Tuesday our day off, So you don't even realize what you're really going through. And then it wasn't probably until like you know, I mean, I think maybe my second time, my second time I retired, I'm like, oh shit, I'm holding at some of the uh, some of my teammates and niggas just talking about I mean, bro, you remember when we went to whoo and we was doing like yeah, like brou did you ever think we would be in this position? Like hell no, like not at all, Like, bro, we really got a super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Should have had too. We're gonna get to that like yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know how that shit go. Yeah, you know how that shit go. But I mean, you know, to have one, especially at in a time where you feel me Tom Brady, that nigga was like man mopping everything. Man, that nigga was like nigga like God out there, like boy for that nigga even like let you get a super Bowl, like you know, you appreciate it. He let you get one. You feel That's what it felt like, like he let you get one, Like all right cause you see what he did to them niggas in Atlanta, Like shit, he spotted them niggas with twenty eight and dann shit it walk him down. Fuck it bare face too.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I need all that. So it's like, you know, to get one in a time where that was the situation and then you know, I mean to look at the team that we had, it's like man realistic, like at the point of time, like a nigga didn't cherish them moments like he should have, cause it's like fuck damn man, you know, gotta get up, gotta go to the plantation, gotta deal with these niggas like man fuck like hell nah, Like man, me, I'm like this before we get in, were about to go to practice, now me by ain't tell me say, bro, we was going to practice. We was getting a hell of trouble and shit. He like, Bro, you went and took a whole little personal hennessy to the heir. Bro, we had a nigga said, we had an over under on if you was gonna throw up, bro. He like, Nigga, you went out there to practice and you killed us. My nigga, I'm like, for real, you feel I told him for real? Yeah, bro, you I said, oh shit, all right, but that's what That's what I mean. Like, you know, when you in the moments, it's like you don't even really think about it. You really don't even wrap your mind around us. I mean, what's really going on? It just worked, and nigga, you just pushed through that shit. They winning the chip part though, once you win the chip, you don't you don't stay in the moment, like you said, because when you go into your career and realize how hard it was to get there. You'd never get back. You're like, damn, I wish I would have I wish I would have just paid more attention to that moment. If another week, see, but what fuck this up was? We went right back and you fear me. We went right there again, and I ain't gonna lie that. The second time we got there, that ship was like it was you feel me, I ain't gonna hold you. That shit felt like it was easy. I mean at this point in time now, nigga, it's clockwork. Everybody know what type of time you on. Everybody from yeah, I mean our our little brotherhood like nigga, Yeah, I know what you're about to do. We ain't even talking about what's gonna happen right now. We talking about what we're finna get into later. You know how that ship man, you know how that shit is man. And niggas was young too, so you feel me and I was all the way retorted like mother ship Nigga. We Nigga by the end of the probably got about like six or seven games by the end of the second half. You feel me out and already took my shoes on fore me. I'm telling the youngsters, the younger running backs, like bro, go go eat, brother, it's time for you to eat. I'm finna be chilling over here. Just don't fucking nothing up. So I gotta put my shoes back on the side line with my with my flip flops, with my bare feet, wraw toes out and ship on the turf. Yeah, well we're getting into the night year we finish hit the world. Will you feel me patrinity on that. Yeah, we're gonna find some of that patrinancy. So we're gonna be.
Speaker 1: You heard it, y'all, don't know. You haven't heard that story, Stay away from it. Yeah, that's that's that movie. That's that mid two thousand blackout. Nice and then put some tree on top of that trinity.
Speaker 2: With activities, man activities and caestivities.
Speaker 1: Wasn't in it? You want to know what I'm like? I got a chance to so a lot of people don't know. When I transitioned out of sports into media, I was over uninterrupted and I got a lot of love for Brin and all them and obviously shout out the Olympic team. They want to go meta today, but I will say they fumble something because they didn't really know what they had. So my first sit down one on one was with Bro. Yeah, I talked about a lot of shit. So I want to back us up because I remember something from our first conversation. Talk to us about when you win the super Bowl, where you did immediately after, where you took the fam and and tell that story again, because that shit had me rolling, especially by Mom trying to locker room.
Speaker 2: Out of pocket. Yeah she's still man, she's them on that height too, man.
Speaker 1: But no man.
Speaker 2: To cut a long story short, everybody was out there in the.
Speaker 1: This is after they won their Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So man, everybody outside and there's that shit in the caffetti doing the again and all that shit. So I was in the locker room. I probably got up in there, you know what I mean, maybe about a minute two minutes before the game was over, because you know what I mean, I got in there, I got a shower and shit.
Speaker 1: So everybody out the super Bowl is going on. He had already showered and changed and everything, so that everybody out there, they pouredy in and shit, Hey, what's uh? You feel me?
Speaker 2: So I go outside and I grab my moms got my brother and my sister, a couple of my cousins and shit. So you feel me. They walking out walking back into the locker room like, man, y'all, hold on, moms, come check it out. We can feel me. Were gonna come show you what's going on and shit. So I tell my mama in the locker room and we in there fucking around. You feel me. I got the music playing the hell of ship dancing. Whoa. All of a sudden, you just hear them doors kick, hell of shit. I'm like, oh shit, like damn, you feel me. Everybody coming in now, you know, niggas taking off their uniforms and shit, and my mama, you feed me. They're kind of like froze up in that bitch like this mom. But man, my man, if you don't get your oh ass up out of here, you're trying to you feel me. MoMA was in there trying to see what it was, handing blood up. You don't get your ass about this locked hellong baby, holo, I'm gonna get you the man, get the fuck off the block. You feel me. Niggas in there taking off their clothes and all kind of shipp and I gotta rush my mama out of there like you got me, man, were about to throw hands in this bitch. You ain't gonna play me like.
Speaker 1: No, ship, no.
Speaker 2: That ain't you feel me? Man? I had two men, now, Nigga, donna let moms in there pipe twining out the teammates. No, no, no, they I mean they just they were.
Speaker 1: Just coming in after he gave more. He kind of gave more detailed contents. We sat there were basically he had the whole the family in the locker room and then he was already chilling, having a good time, and then came in and everyone started undressing. But Mom's kind of like trying to drag your feet leave you feel me? Mom?
Speaker 2: Shot mom trying to check me all kind of you don't get your goofy at all them. Nah, but you know everybody, you know, Mama, ship, I ain't gonna I probably ain't gonna hold your nigga. My mama probably more famous than I am. You feel me, Nigga's all hey, mama, Lynce you feel me? Don't let you feel man.
Speaker 1: She got a commercial too, Yeah, I'm commercials under her belt.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, she with the ship for sure, you know. I mean, that's the first hustler. Though you feel me, Moms bust down, You feel me teaching nigga how to shoot dice all kind of ship like you know what I mean? Mom's was really with the ship shott nigga. Hey, just I'm gonna go off subject for a second. Doesn't this look like the theater from Last Dragon? When he came down?
Speaker 1: She was like, you remember that when he came down?
Speaker 2: What's her?
Speaker 1: Genoa? Last drag? Your fault gino geno days Bruce Lee Roy was in here, Yeah, house drug dealer. You know Davis where.
Speaker 2: Show yehide?
Speaker 1: I knew I wasn't tripping.
Speaker 2: See don't look man, look because look, I do appreciate y'all niggas bringing nigga up here and shot.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you being here.
Speaker 2: But you got it. You gotta understand of y'all niggas. Can you feel me? You done came through the town and hell of ship, so you feel me, y'all. You know y'all got me by a couple of years in hell of ship. But you know what I mean, there's niggas like y'all who Yeah, I mean, it'll never go You feel me though? On wax or you know it ain't something that somebody just gonna sit down and be like, yeah, this is why woo and how I get down. But your niggas the way you niggas rock though, and y'all for me on the whole court and the hell of ship. So when I sit back and I look at and I see you niggas that bounce up any given moment and throw hands like Nigga was handing, you feel me? And it's like, ooh, you fear me them the type of niggas that you feel me? Like, hey cause you seen you seen any nigga he ran up in the stands, he's fined on the niggas. B Bro, You saying that bourns Bro. I know, blood, light, skin and ship, bro, But that nigga be throwing you feel me. So it's like you know what I mean as a youngster growing up and I'm watching that like, damn you know what, bro. They always you know, got people in you all, you know, supposed to do that. You gotta handle yourself, conduct yourself and this kind of and it's like, nigga, fuck all that shit. I just say, I just say match, I just say stack, nigga. They just got on the nigga and then you feel me. They was playing in the game l last week. So nigga, why I'm gonna just let the nigga nigga hold me out there for nigga, I could, you know what I mean, get on this nigga and then get on by my business like might be a little fine, but you know, and the nigga, you know, I'm gonna take that. You know, I know something that pout to find the two niggas. So you hear me. Yeah, So I mean, you know, like I said, it ain't something motherfuckers just get an opportunity, you know what I mean when they doing their little situation or whatever in there and say like, you know how detrimental you niggas is too, you know what I mean a nigga upbringing, and it wasn't even more just on no like no basketball shit or I mean no sports shit, or just like no street shit. It was like, now, okay, these is grown men who doing this and at the end of the day, they standing on they standing on ten toes and they get into a bag and the niggas still go out and do what he gotta do to provide and protect for a family, like that shit mean a lot to me though, Right, So I'm a young nigga saying this shit while I'm growing up, Like all right, well you know what I mean. You know, you watch some other guys who you know might have a bigger name get in a situation and it's like, well, why he do that or why he didn't do that, or why he let a motherfucker do that to him? And that shit didn't resonate with me. But then at the end of the day, you gonna put that mother fucking.
Speaker 5: Wind like that nigga like ten rolls up in the motherfucker stands getting witting nigga like like, oh, ship, nigga, nigga.
Speaker 2: Why you didn't dunk? But you know what I mean, that ship is motivation. So when I'm out there and I'm like, you know our sports, you know the football, that ship a little violent, like you got to right the busting nigga and they ship. So it's like, oh, I get to do this ship. I ain't gonna get no penalty, I ain't gonna get in trouble, Like, let me see how many niggas I can hit in they face or how many times I could break a face mass or something like, you know what I mean, but that that ship helped when I see y'all niggas doing that, So I want to tell niggas like y'all that you know what I mean, that that help with a nigga mentality, with a nigga going through it and ship, I love it. You got people looking at you funny and ship like fuck what you're going through?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was crazy. Literally. Next on the thing is obviously we're here in l A. But Oakland played a big part in both of our careers and our lives. Like my career was saved in Oakland. I was Jack got a second chance. Yeah, he came straight from this. He had two strikes coming straight from Indiana to Oakland. So Oakland played this huge part. Yeah, and it wasn't like I said it was. Obviously we did what were supposed to do on the court, but we were really out in Oakland and in.
Speaker 2: Surrounding time you got Jeff Freeze, you got Main Google something, Pink.
Speaker 4: Dolphin, nikked strip clue. We were there to the sun, came up to the sun.
Speaker 2: What was the smiper used to Valet police pulled up and moved all the cars that was parked by the Meeters and.
Speaker 1: Let us a start. Yeah, it was Kinkaids and the crush stations. Every game at the field More five. We was on the other side of the bridget. Yeah, they don't understand what Field More five. Go ahead, you explained it. You know.
Speaker 2: They got the Hampton five with k D and all them, but we was before them. So we was really in the streets and we so we called out that we was called the field More five because we was really in the mud every night going go to Oakland. Yeah, we didn't win the championship, but we just as famous. We're just you might be more famous than them. You couldn't tell a town nigga that y'all didn't win. You couldn't tell a town that really ship.
Speaker 1: Like all jokes aside, and we're not trying to glorify, no kind of bullshit. But we would go from oracle to somebody's house. But we go to the bar, locker room to the bar and the oracle. Yeah, my mom was in there taking shot. We all shots with us. Yeah, so she would be the tell mom, go say at the house, were about to go do some real growing up ship. You and dad go to the house for the night. We hit the streets, but we'd be on the corner smoking blunts right after a game like in this with real killers right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shirts off the club?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let you take a shirt off this guy here after skin this.
Speaker 2: How you know this the only time you know Matt drunk, he's ripping everybody white beater off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first of all, how we even get to the white biggers in the whole club and white beaters everybody? But he want to rip my white beater off because he drunk. Make that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's the light skin, niggatta tell.
Speaker 1: Y'alls, I got a lot of pent up frustration. Man, y'all saw where that ship came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, god, now we get it now.
Speaker 1: Hey, But again, Oakland was very instrumental for us, and we were I was from San Jose for me, growing up in Sacramento, then migrated to the Bay. But what did Oakland mean to you? That's that's life, that's where you you know, that's where you were developed.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you, to be honest with you, bro, just it gave a nigga everything, you know what I mean? And you know that's yeah, I mean, that's that's that's very difficult to say in the in the in the mindset, but like you see what be actually going on and ship and then the thing is like you were just saying, it ain't to be glorifying now, but it gave a nigga the tough exterior that a nigga needed. But it also gave a nigga heard that he needed to go ahead and execute in the things that I uh, you know, excelled in. And I mean, you know, you look at it. They talk about a lot of the violent, you know shit that going on, but the town history just so fucking rich and so strong just from like if me black panthers, I was just about saying the black panthers, and so you know, I mean just it's almost like you ain't got no choice. But you know what I mean, when motherfucker tell you it ain't on me, it' see me, it really get like that, and then I mean, you know, it teach you a lot of shit, you know what I mean. Just I mean, you'll walk through life, you know. I mean, there's some things that I'm not proud of, but you know, I mean they necessary and it's a nessity in order for me to be in the position that I'm in in and still hould my city high. You feel what I'm saying, Like that ship is everything to me. Everything I found out I found way a way out walked Broadway. Man. Look I found out too when I was playing in Oakland, I'm gonna put off the Texas and before I was born, a lot of people when the refineries came to my city, a lot of people put off the migrated mind to Oakland. Yeah, and when I was when I was there, I ended up meeting a lot of my family in Oakland. I don't know them. Niggas might have just been talking Brady. Everybody gonna say that, yo, cud it was care nigga. That ship we might because that nah, but but real talk about like man, that the history of Oakland just so fucking rich, is so fucking rich, bruh. I mean you know it get lost hundred you know what I mean? Right now? You feel me Pip City right now, you know, I mean, it's a it's a tough town. You got all the you know what I mean, the homeless situation right the genter for like, and it's crazy because you got all of that ship, all that ship.
Speaker 1: We get another cup of Hennessy real quick.
Speaker 2: You got all of that ship living in the same like, in the same community. So it's like, you know what I mean for individuals that's in there, that's growing up in there now, it's like, I don't I don't even know how to fuck you. You look at it and deal with it, because it's like on the same corner. You can have a gentrified spot, you got the motherfucking homeless, you got a tent city, and then you got the bibbers, and it's all on the same block. And it's like somehow they all make somehow they make that ship work and they coexist with each other. But you I mean just the just the history brouh and the lessons that it taught me, which I mean, you know, I think helped me through my career and then also helped me with my uh with my business.
Speaker 1: And yes, well we're actually working probably we want to get you involved to uh we're working on a dock about Oakland being the first city to ever lose three professional teams. Yeah, and when you here, make Oakland or make Oakland town again, make Oakland. What's that mean to you? It's possible? You said, is it possible. It's possible to make Oakland the town again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do believe it's possible. And you know what, and I think that the thing is, it wouldn't be just the formula to be used in Oakland. I think you take that ship to every hood across you hear me though, from from west coast down southeast and then you know, all the way through and through. But it's gonna take some help. But I mean, you know, I think I was listening to you up there talking about, you know, changing it and making it a uh making the world a better place. But that ship they start one community at a time. I just saying, Jaylen Brown and Jason Kidd doing something out there, for getting to make sure all the kids got computers or something like that in these schools and getting the right education.
Speaker 1: So that was big too, folks.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah that's what. Yeah, shit he what he went to cal right, Yeah, Jaylen Brown went to call then Jake Kidd another town Nigga. So I mean then he part owner of the hockey, the hockey, the soccer team the rules too. So I mean it's a lot of connection and ship there. But I mean, you know, with our foundation We've probably been going down realistically since two thousand and seven. So what that's what eighteen years our foundation been rocking for that loan met my cousin Josh and my cousin Marcus Peters. I mean, you know shit, and then you know, talk a lot about me, But then you just look at the resilience and them, and you know, I mean understanding that this family, Marcus Peters, you know that niggat live while he gonna get shipped.
Speaker 1: That's your real blood. Yeah, first cousin you so you had an uncle that played in the league, and then two cousins that play in the league too. You Chus burn too, super superfield.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about. But yeah, but that's real town ship. And then I mean, you know, you talk about my cousin Josh. Just what that nigga seventeenth year and that you gonna say that nigga played for damn near every NFL team, You know what I mean? Back up quarterback. You're backing up Lamar Jackson right now. So I mean just the whole you know, the family domain, lineage, you know what I mean. And then you know, I mean what we do with our uh with our youth foundation and open like shit, we've been going for them there eighteen years strong. So you know what I mean, that's a blessing.
Speaker 1: You can clap that up. It's yeah, absolutely absolutely you chose to stay at home yourself.
Speaker 2: Since we're talking about college, Steve, and you see at USC and all other schools were calling. Yeah, and uh, you found a way to major in social welfare. Makes a lot of sense. Can't talk about that. Yeah, Man, To be honest with you, like you feel me, it wasn't too much like everything that I had seen growing up. It was you know what I mean, the ship niggas like old school box adults, you know what I mean. Everything was on rams, you know what I mean, and all of the motherfuckers that I seen that game break great deep yoke something you feel me? But nah, you got the situation where everything that I seen it all, you know what I mean, pointing into a life of you know, I mean a crime and you know what I mean, there was one bright spot that I had, Like I had an uncle who was a parole officer, and that nigga would take me on some trips with him sometimes and he bounce out, have to go chase a nigga down and ship. You know, I'm hella fast and I'm hell of strong, so nigga won't shine. That's right there, bounce O go get him, Like, bro, what the fuck you mean? Like he gotta just he just gotta piss you feel me? So like shit, a bounce uncle run up on this nigga. Man, you know you gotta come piler. All right, man, We're like, don't head pissed? So the nigga, Yeah, I'm like, damn, so hold on you mean you don't take these niggas to jail. All you want to do is just like man, I just want to make sure that they all right, you feel me, they ain't get in no trouble. Then I'm like, oh, hold on, nigga, you feel me. At the same time, Nigga Pops was off some other shit too, so it's like damn all right, Damn I don't know about going into the you know, the police force and all that type of shit like that, and I couldn't wrapped my mind around there. I'm like, but this paroles shit that it makes sense. You feel me, and I know I want to help motherfuckers in the community. So then that's where the social welfare shit came from. And then the opportunity to go to caw that motherfucker five minutes right down the street from the from the crib. So I'm like, shit, all of this shit just you feel me though. It just makes sense and it's something that I'm interested in and I'll be able to help, you know what I mean. Motherfuckers who I mean went down that that path where you feel me though, motherfucker make a mistake and then at the end of the day, like nigga, they home life, it's over type shit. And then you know, I'm watching my uncle, you know, I mean, go pull niggas out of a jam, knowing damn will if if he didn't bounce out and do what he did, then my motherfucker's probably gonna go to jail, catch another strike and then you know, should it be ugly? So just being able to see that like all right, and then you know, just it just so happened that falling into uh uh football and shit, because nigga ain't gonna lie like I didn't. I didn't believe like I could go to the league or none of that shit, Like it wasn't even nothing. When I first got my uh, my handwritten letter, and I'm telling my cousin, like.
Speaker 1: Bro, what the fuck is it?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, man, nor the Dane want you to come, you know what I mean, come to their school type shit. And I'm like you like, yeah, college, I'm like, hold on, so you want me to go to more school after we already finished school? Nigga, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to pull that one off, cause nah, yeah, if you want to go to the league, like you know what I mean, you go to college, you know what I mean, then you could go to the league. So I'm like, I don't think this is gonna work, bro, And then them shit start coming in, you know, And now my grades was you know what I mean, The motherfuckers was trash. So I'm like, damn, I had to I mean, I had to switch up the whole dynamics of how it was rocking at some motion. And then I mean, shit start falling into place and start getting a little better understanding what was going on. Now, you feel me? All these college coaches coming out, you speak about it. Pete Carroll square ass came up there and all these he came up there, some big ass rings on like you feel me. You come there and see you could get these wove up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Man you're a hot boy. You be on some other ship. But like you know what I mean, I started to see it. Okay, this makes sense. So then you know, when the nigga do go, everything just worked out. I mean because now I'm at home, you know, I mean, family, get to come to the games, get to experience that atmosphere, you know, I mean, see what that shit like. And then yeah, I mean, if I was ever in a position, shit, I could just go right to the crib and go ahead, do what the nigga needed to do.
Speaker 1: Charge Yeah, you played. Obviously, Oakland is a hotbed for just a lot of talent. Obviously not just athletes, but someone I grew up knowing because he played with my brother Ryan Cooler The Facts, the director of Black Panther Fruitville Station, one of the biggest youngest Black directors in Hollywood, was a football player once and not even know so quick story when I was playing for the Warriors at that time, my brother was in fresh before a little bit before that, I got my first crib in the NBA, and there used to be a dude, readhead, little dread headed homie from Oakland. They used to sleep on my couch. I just thought it was my brother's homeboy until one day my brother's like, hey, did you see Bro's movie. I'm like what movie? He's like, Fruitville Station. I was like, Noah, actually I just seen that. Shit was crazy. You know, he used to sleep on the couch when I would come spend the night. Yeah, I'm like, man, really, So obviously Ryan Cooger was again one of the biggest directors in the space right now. They just refilled you if you needed. Talked to us about Bro and getting a chance to play against everyone again, just that the LINEA is to come through open damn.
Speaker 2: So I mean, you know, we played uh Pop Warner high school and college against each other, like you know, I mean all the way through because he went to Saint Mary's High School, played against him in college, and then he went to sax State where we played against some uh and I was at Cal. But yeah, I mean that shit came out of left field when when we seen him, you know what I mean, directing movies and shit, because you know, we knew Bro was We knew it was solid at football, you know what I mean. So I'm thinking, cuz we're finna be on you know, I mean on the hype, like how we was, but when that nigga switched it up and then you feel me though, got on that type of time like, Okay, that's what's up. But you know that's somebody who I alway given that nigga at work, you feel me. But nah, he was but he was a solid ass a solid ass football player then yeah. I mean, just because of how small Oakland is, my little brother, his little brother played together, like it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: So when I when he started doing Black Panther, he called me up and invited me up to Disney and we walked through when he was making it, and we walked through all these little different areas where he was doing all this shit and had a couple of the homies with him. But like, the one thing he pointed out is like, there's nobody that looks like us on this whole campus. He took me through the Disney campus and we went to the sound and editing and everything and just kind of understanding what he was doing at that time. Obviously, Black Panther one of the biggest movies in the history of all movies, but he was a kid from Oakland in there, which is a couple of his partners but doing real big things on the other side.
Speaker 2: And then you know the relationship between him and Michael B obviously from uh Fruitville. It's funny that you say that because I remember the nigga had called me like, hey, I want you to talk to uh. I want to talk to Michael B. So he could kind of, you know, pick up on the lingo on the way we say certain ship. So you feel me like, yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Brd?
Speaker 2: You feel me? What type of time y'all you off that ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He uz chairs check it out one time for the one time. Look, man, hey look blood tail curds to go holler that blood now I'm because look though, man, Auntie, I'm telling you she'd be with this ship, but he'll be going there.
Speaker 1: So you feel me.
Speaker 2: I just was hollering that bro some ship like that though, after you hear you know it just it's just a little thing though. But in our community, like Nigga in North Oakland, you got you got andre Ward all the smoke boxing. By the way, you feel me though, you got Leon Poe uh Nba ship. I think he won one with the Celtics and management over there now too. Yeah, and you got mc hammer, you got motherfucking h m, the fab you got Ryan Coogler, Gary Payton. I'm just talking about in the north. Yeah, this is only like maybe like a.
Speaker 1: Couple of handful of blocks.
Speaker 2: That's it probably like maybe like a square radius of like probably like maybe three and a half four miles. And you got all these individuals come up about this section. So I mean, you know, when you start thinking about it's like, god damn, it's a small lass place. But we got a lot of talent, a lot of it, you know. I mean, uh, creative motherfuckers that come up. A lot of motherfuckers with motion that's doing their ship. So that's that's that's huge. Hell Yeah, where's the fascination where Cat and the hat come from? Nigga? That was the first book I read.
Speaker 1: Bad, That's the first Bookie career.
Speaker 2: Man was the first book. And they caread front of the bag.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 2: Nah, that's sh series, bro.
Speaker 1: I was on of that.
Speaker 2: They gave me all that ship and what's the name. That was about the time I was able to finish reading the book.
Speaker 1: So this moment right here. Man put that picture back up there. We talked about this too, the Capda hat. We see that. He said he finally could read the Capdon hat when he was on the go back to the other one. Now. The golf cart, the golf cart mashing through cal Stadium after victory, talked us about where's it at, talked to us about this right here.
Speaker 2: After time after after probably was playing against Washington and we were just going into ah we just uh no, finish them off in and over time. And yeah, I mean it's another number ten on our team, Desmond Bishop, that's hard though, Yeah, on God, but you feel me. Desmond Bishop had just got a pick and that nigga took it, like I say, probably like eighty eighty yards he got caught. But I knew that nigga was tired as fuck. So I'm like, damn, I want to run down there and celebrating win him. But I'm like, damn, that shit is Hella Forest. So I'm like, I'm like, nah, fuck that maud I ain't. So I'm like, oh, oh shit, quick to see and I jumped in the thing, fired that bitch up, and as I was driving down there to go pick him up.
Speaker 1: You diving down to pick its teammate up on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of us and all the people started running on the on the field and shit. So then there was like, oh they the fuck it up some now, you know my driving instincts kicking in. It's like, fuck, now, I gotta get this motherfucker back. And then it was like, well, shit fucking on the way back, I just slide this motherfucker as far as as long as I can before they come in try to kick me up off this motherfucker. But yeah, that was a little iconic, uh, a little iconic move man.
Speaker 1: All Right, we know you gotta get out of it. You got to catch a flight. But I want to talk about the opportunity on the goal line where Pete Carroll decided to call a pass instead of a run. But again, you told me this ship in detail where when the play was called in the huddle, everybody looked crazy and shook and looked at you like, why the fuck are we not giving you the ball? Take us back through that play, bro.
Speaker 2: And then the second part, how many times have y'all went out there and Bruss said, man.
Speaker 1: Scratch that we're doing this? Why he didn't say that that time.
Speaker 2: Man, huh for real? Nah, he really don't know, he don't. Yeah, I mean, but I mean, oh man, man, shit, nigga, you're gonna play it or it's just a picture. It's just a picture.
Speaker 1: We don't want to.
Speaker 2: At this point in time. You feel me just right before this, I mean, you know, everybody was confused. I ain't gonna lie because right before this snap right here, I lined up on the on the wrong side because I was so confused about what the fuck was going on. So when this ship happened, it's like, I mean, you know, it's just yeah, I mean, this is something that you just put in your mind, Like I mean, you know, probably for a Hooper, it's like, all right, nigga, they give me the ball. Niggas five seconds on the clock, I'm coming down the court. You know, there's something you do as a little nigga, and I mean, you know you and then for everybody out there, for your sport or your moment that just defined you as whatever type of whatever you got going on. But that's your defined moment to make you like oh yeah, that moment where you go.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: So you set this play up and you in your mind, you replay this ship over and over. You set this up in the living room, like Okay, I'm gonna put this couch pillar right here, I'm gonna put this little coffee table right here. And so I mean, you know it, although you know you look at this situation right here. I just set this play up I don't know how many you know, I mean, in my lifetime and just bullshitting through and then for this to actually appear right in front of you, like, oh shit, I got the opportunity to do this. I got oh you knew exactly what's gonna happen. And then then when you hear like hold on, we this this No, this wasn't a part of what I set up when I was a little nigger. This is for those who don't know get the ball. This is the this could have won the Super Bowl for them for the second ring, this play right here. This, but I mean, you know this, this it do more than just you know not you know when the ring like this just realistically though, it changed sports in the way that you know what I mean, people look at certain shit and then I mean, you know, for a lot of the guys that's up there who took it a lot harder than me. It changed a lot of these niggas lives, like you know what I mean, they don't even mother life changed for sure. Oh yeah, on God, when he went up through the roof after that man, it did. Yeah, And that's my nigga to I fuck with blood. That's me. You feel he fucked with the patrium with me though, But you know all these but you know all these dudes up here though, like yeah, I mean at the end of the day, like wow, a lot of individuals fuck with you know, certain teammates. It's like, you know, for one, it's like, you know, motherfuckers take care of each other's families. And I mean, you know what I mean, when you doing what you need to do and everybody eat you making sure that you able to prove and put food on everybody's table, so they look at that shit different. So not only this shit just you know, fuck up a childhood dream. It crushed a lot of individuals like that nigga, like their life. A lot of people ain't shaped back from this shit and still having shook back from it. I don't think Rus's been in the same sense. I honestly don't you say you ain't been the same. I don't think Rus's been in the same sense.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: I think that is gonna be on him fever, because he could have changed that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have changed that moment. Knowing what y'all go through on that field, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, and knowing the camaraderie y'all have, y'all on the same page at that moment, being y'all leader, he knows the ball need to be on your hands. Fuck with coach talking about you. He ain't never been out here. Coach ain't never been out here, right, you know what I'm saying. He's supposed to make that car you right? And you know what the thing is like, Yeah, I mean, had it been had it been anybody else, I think that would have been the situation. But I mean, you know, I ain't no conspiracy theorist, none of that type of shit like that. But you just you know, when you start looking at it from a different perspectives, like damn, a lot of that shit makes sense. So I know before all of it, I know, before all of this, I my motherfucking agent. Just ask me, cause you know, I have all the shit going on with the fines, this, that, and the thre you know, they want to suspend me if I wear some if I wear some my cleats, they gonna suspend me. If I don't do this, they gonna suspend me. I had a whole lot of type of shit that was, you know what I mean, lined up and I just remember my agent calling me like, hey, you know, you got an opportunity, you know what I mean, Like if you win, you know, MVP, they gonna acc you. Are you going to Disneyland? And I told that, nigga. I like, nigga, why would I go to Disneyland. Nigga, I'm from Oakland. I'm going to the hood. And they're like, oh, because you got to go to the Disneyland parade. I'm like, nah, nigga, fuck that, I'm going straight to the hood. We gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna have the So, you know, Disney a bout ESPN, ESPN or however that ship business started talking about that, and then it's like, you know, I just had conversation with Dame with Draymond, and he like, I guess something had happened, Like, man, I could have been I mean, we would have won the MVP finals, and I mean opportunity, and I'm like, look at like, with shit, they couldn't have had two niggas. Like I ain't just talking about like two black men. I'm talking about niggas. That's really gonna rock like for niggas though, and then you have both of them at the top of the you know what I mean. And then you look at the situation where if I do score that toos down, it's possibly that uh you know, Nigga Wars Super Bowl MVP all the ship and it's like, with shit, would you rather have a little short Matt Bourn's looking mother bligga, but which he had one sean when this' MVP. And it's like.
Speaker 1: So they was trying to get rusted. They were trying to make rusty hero.
Speaker 2: So I was like, you know, I mean, I ain't never you feel me, I ain't because I'm like, ship nigga, fuck it, I'm tell because this nigga. I know after the game, Nigga, we got hot in the motherfucker We had the whole goddamn resort. Niggas smoked the fuck out like it wasn't you couldn't tell us that we didn't win, but yeah, that ship fucked off a whole lot of niggas live.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. It's it's always for your y'all. They never had an opportunity to play professional sports. Is so much more in the game than then the game, which is crazy. But anyway, we know we got to catch your flight man. We appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: Good. I appreciate it. Thank y'all, appreciate it. God bless Yeah, we got we got.
Speaker 1: To get
Speaker 4: Mm hmm