Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Fantasy Bros. Football Podcast. I'm your host, Derek Brown of today's show. We're going to talk about NFL Combine, risers and ballers from testing from the QB, running back and wide receivers from Saturday. All right, Erickson. Before we get to all these players, we are going to be doing also a show recapping the combine on Monday with Joey p So getting that out there for everybody. Let's kick this off, dude, into the risers. This is your guy, your loveless guy. I'm gonna let you have all the avenue to talk about. Bay Shall Tutin, your man, your man crush ericson the floor, is yours.
Speaker 2: Bea Shall Tuton, running back from Virginia Tech. He blew all the expectations I had coming into the combine. I knew that he was exposed a he exposed it on tape. He was exposive at Virginia Tech. Yards after the catch, our yards after contact, forcing missed tackles, but two in just me. He ran the fast forty time among the running backs, four three two four yard dash. He originally his first run was fourth th tote eight and that had caught my attention as one of the fastest time for the running backs, and then his second run of four to three to two. You combine that with his jumps both in the ninety fifth percent out or higher in both the vert and broad broad jump. I mean, Pishal Tuton, he has to be the number one winner. I think we're just looking at expectations going in. I mean at this guy. When we looked at this guy at the podiums, there wasn't a lot of people around. He wasn't, you know, creating a crowd because we weren't. The consensus was not excited about Bushell Tuton, but a lot of the sharp fantasy gamers were on Tuton, and he was someone that I talked about a couple of weeks ago. So I'm super excited to see that he hit the ground running here, blazed the forty yard dash time, and he did this at above two hundred pounds. So this isn't a sub smaller running back. I mean, his four yard dash time was the same as Devon h chen Hn was weighed significantly less than Mishal Tuton. So super excited for him, and and he's he's going way up on the rookie running back rankings. I think it's gonna be tough to keep him outside the top six, maybe even crack some top fives. So sell tooton big winner from today in the NFL scouting Combine.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree with everything he'd laid out there, Eric sent, and that's gonna lead me into a guy that was already inside my top five wide receivers, my wide receiver four entering the combine. You just took a victory leapt and stretched the hamstrings on Beashall too, and I'm gonna do it again for Jalen Knowle. And look, Jalen Nole went out on social media before the combine and had to tell people on social media how to properly pronounce his name. I will own this. I messed it up before going to Senior Bowl, but I'm here to tell everybody. If you didn't know how to spell Jalen Nole's name perfectly before the Combine, I promise you after the NFL Combine you better put respect on his name and say it right. Jalen Knowle crushed the combine. He went out there and ran a four three nine, jumped out the gym. The burt was amazing. This guy is going round too in the NFL Draft. I'm here to tell you that's the evaluation that I had on him coming into the combine that is not changed after he crushed the combine on Saturday. Love this guy. I'm gonna be drafting him in every single Dynasty Rookie Draft, best Ball, all the places, as much as I possibly can. I love him. I love him, And I consider and talk about Jalen Nole for another fifteen minutes ericson, and before I do that, I'm going to just go in and kick it right back to you for Matthew Golden, who in his own right ran even faster than Jalen Nole.
Speaker 2: Yes, Matthew Golden ran pretty fast four to nine official forty yard dash time the Texas wide receiver. Mean, he did it all when it comes to stealing the show. We had a bunch of Texas players come out before testing saying that they were gonna break Xavier Worthy's forty yard dash time, they were gonna be the fastest there on Saturday running. But it was Matthew Golden, you know, one of the players that seemed the most modest during his press conferences. During his podium interviews, where he was just really excited to be there taking the moment. And that's all Matthew Golden has done. So this goes beyond what he ran in the forty yard dashtime because his profile is really strong. He had another great year at Texas after first two years playing at Houston. Actually was with Tank Dell as a freshman at Houston, and he's always showed up with the biggest moments, even the same to be said for him at Texas. In some of the Texas big games during the College Football Playoff, Matthew Golden was the one delivering, and he delivered once again when the shine was on some of these other players from Texas. And now he's the one that stepped up at the NFL scouting combine. Again. I thought he was fast, I thought he was explosive, but to the extent of four two nine, I was blown away. And I think that he's definitely cemented himself as a top four wide receiver in this draft class. So Matthew Golden, hats off to you, man. I will say too, I'm going back to Nola real quick. Jayden Higgins, the other receiver from Iowa State, I think, also looked pretty impressive as a bigger body X wide receiver, someone I think that is maybe going to be a Round two selection. I think that both Iowa State receivers did really well in the drills, and I think they have analytical profiles that back it up. So excited to see where he ends up going as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he kept all that perfectly man. And this kind of leads us. We're talking a lot about Texas players here. We talked about one that crushed the combine, backed up everything he didn't have to tell everybody at the combine. Let's transition this over to the followers and the guy that couldn't apparently back up anything he said coming into the NFL combine. Ericson telling you about all the pain and the slowness of Isaiah Bond.
Speaker 2: Isaiah Bond, Man, he is consistently letting everybody down. Like that is really the case here with Isaia Bon. We actually got the opportunity to talk to some people that were following Bond throughout his college career, going back from Alabama to Texas, and he is the one player that seemingly, no matter what, is going to let you down in the biggest moment. So he sets the bar very very high, lofty expectation. He just doesn't deliver. And it was the exact same thing we saw play out at the scouting combine. He said, I'm going to break the forty yard dash record. I'm going to run four two. Not the case. And it sucks because running a four to four or I think four to three nine was his official time. That's not a bad time. That's fast for a wide receiver. That's a really good time. But the fact that this was married with, oh, well, all the other expectations, well, that's where it becomes a disappointment. That's where he becomes a follower, because it's all about weighing in expectation versus reality. Well, Isaiah Bond, you sick the expectation you're going to be blazing fast. Well you weren't. You were slower than your teammate Matthew Golden. So Isaiah Bond for me, is someone that I'm looking far away from in fantasy football drafts. He's falling very far in my in my my rookie ranking, especially at the wide receiver position, because I just don't want any part of this guy. Man, Like he's going to be a flash in the pan even if he hits uh, I just I don't want a piece of them, d bro.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with anything he said there, man, I mean, like to me, these guys know they're testing numbers before they come in. It's not like you're just putting on cleats and it's the first time you ever run a forty, So you're just kinda shooting in the dark with the time that you're gonna run. So to go in do the combine and to run your mouth and say you're gonna break the record and go out and run a four four one, I'm sorry, Like, you're not even in the stratosphere of breaking the combine record. So next time, speak softly, carry a big stick bond because it didn't work out for you this time. So I'm gonna lead into my guy coming into the combine. I was expecting him to run in the four fours low four fours did not happen, owning ganel here ericson and this is this is painful for me. Caleb Johnson running in the four fives, four five, seven. Look, I don't think this is a coffin nail for Caleb Johnson. I don't think that this is what's going to And I know we're bringing up darned followers, and I sound like I'm just capitulating, and I'm trying to make up for loving this guy so much my RB two coming into the combine, But I want to be real about this. Yes, can this push him down boards? I do not think this makes him fall out of the second round of the NFL draft. Can this be the determinating factor between h whether he goes round one or round two? Possibly? But you look at the other analytics about it, miles per hour, max bead, all these types of things. None of this was bad. So and running a four five seven is not bad either, especially when you're hulked up. You're a bigger running back. It's not like he was five eight and one ninety and he goes out there and runs like in the four fives and lets down expectations. So, KITTLEB. Johnson, we're putting him in the followers only because, yes, does this possibly ding his NFL draft stock a little bit? Maybe maybe the determining factor whether he goes round one or round two. But I don't think that this is anywhere close to Okay, he's RB three and you're pushing him to RB six, RB seven, RB five whatever in your rookie rankings. But for a guy that we're about to get to here, staying with another Johnson here, but a smaller one. We're gonna talk about Tes Johnson Ericson. I'm just going to tee you up here and just lead this off and say, at one hundred and fifty five pounds, considering the forty he ran, he is undraftable in every single fantasy format. Tell the people what you think about Tes Johnson? And am I wrong that he should be off of everybody's draft boards for fantasy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Tes from Oregon. He clocked a four I believe it was a four or five to one official forty yard dash time, So it was actually slower than Tanked Dell. And that's kind of like the main comparison you're looking at when it comes to Tes Johnson. Can he be success at the NFL level? Well, Tank Dell was a success at the NFL level, depending on how your your perspective on it. Obviously success is a rookie. But you know, he's slower than Tanked del by a little bit. He's smaller than Tank Dell by a little bit, and that's just like the biggest concern. Man. I just don't think that this archetype of player is one that you want to bet on hitting. I would I feel very strongly saying that Tank Dell is an outlier, so just betting on, oh, well, he's gonna be the next Tank Dell. I feel like that that's being very aggressive, and I think that, you know, we try to be process oriented here again. You know, they're going to be outliers every single or I don't even really know, maybe not every single draft, but outliers exist. You know, have to acknowledge them, and you can gain a big advantage by hitting on the right outliers. But betting on this guy to be the next Tank Dell, who's also dealing with his own injury issues at the moment, I think is kind of like a false practice. So for me, Tess Johnson, again, I get the analytical profile, very strong numbers at Oregon and the fact that he's a you know, he's a really good rout run like, he does have speed, he is a route runner. He can get open, but how long is that going to last at his weight in size, at the NFL level, It's a big concern. So again, not all these guys are gonna hit. You know, there's a reason there's risers, are the reason there's followers, and it's just because of his forty yard dash. I mean he had issues even if he had run a four, three five, right, There's still be potential holes in his game that you could poke at. But now you're adding another layer into that analysis. So for me, yes, Test Johnson is someone that you know, I'm not looking. I'm definitely not circling on my rookie draft, so I got to get Test Johnson. I'm definitely not the case.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you, and like I just for all the great things that people want to talk about with Tesz Johnson, there are so many differences between him and Tank Dell playing the slot versus playing the perimeter, having a ten pound difference, having a speed difference, all these parts or pieces. I mean, I think this all just again leads us back to you cannot draft tes Johnson. You cannot bet on outliers of outliers of outliers every single time, or you're going to hate the roster that you build, whether it's redraft or dynasty or any type of fantasy format. So look, we talked about risers, talked about followers. That's it for us people. The NFL Combine has been fantastic and we got a ton of content both on the site at Fantasypros dot com and coming soon. We're gonna go through all of this again and more with joeyp on YouTube on Monday on the podcast again, Seth and I gonna be back for the NFL Draft Show or on the Dynasty Feed talking more prospects, all the things taking you all the way up to the NFL Draft fre ericson and I signing off from Indy. Has been a wonderful week at the NFL Combine, but guess what we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.