Speaker 1: Pretty good when.
Speaker 2: Uh Colanodo went down and Jayer came in as the captain of the defense. Do you do you have any communication with with jay or is there a message that that then you give him for his first play?
Speaker 1: Noah, I mean, I there wasn't There wasn't much said, and honestly, it's it's always next man of mentality, and uh, my heart goes out to huff you know, not exactly sure what what's going on there, but you know, obviously they're fearing the worst for him right now, and that's obviously my my heart and prayers go out to huff Man. That's sickening news. But to to talk about the way JayR played today and being ready for his moment, can't say enough about it, you know, I mean, that's that's huge, And even though we were up in the game, like to be down there in the red zone and make the plays that he made to help us get out of there speaks to the way that he's worked, you know, and been ready for his opportunities. So there wasn't much that needed to be said. I I knew he'd be ready.
Speaker 2: Specifically, there was the fourth down play where they said Isaiah on the blitz which left against Mike Evans, right, Is that something you normally see out of a rookie. Is that something he's earned behind the scenes, that kind of assignment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I turned around. I see him on Mike, you know, and making the PBu in a big time moment. I'm sure we usually wouldn't put a young rookie in a in a position like that. But I mean, the dude is just ready, like he has he has the right mindset, prepares the right way. So he was ready and I'm happy for him.
Speaker 3: Did you see him coming on and talking? Did you see him coming on and practice over the last month or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, he's been working his tail off. He's been obviously on the on the the scout team against the offense and making plays. I see him, you know, flashing and doing his thing, taking it serious. You know. I have side conversations with and letting him know, like, you know, he needs to make sure that he's using these reps. Is vantage to to get better, you know, as a player, it's not You're never just like going through some sort of like red shirt year, you know what I'm saying, Like, you never know when your opportunity is gonna come. So he was obviously fully ready when when his time came right a couple you said this team needed to learn to win the grimy games, and you gotta pre grimey spedful coming up here in the.
Speaker 3: Next few weeks.
Speaker 2: Do you do you feel like you're gonna get into one of those kind of situations, possibly in the.
Speaker 3: Next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean, the goal is always to to blow him out. But hey, you know, uh, you talked about it. We got we got some great opponents coming up, but uh, none bigger than Thursday night in Seattle. You know, that's a divisional opponent that's coming off a tough loss today, but they're gonna be fully ready to go. And uh, we we gotta win by any means, you know. And that's what we talk about, that's what we prepare for and however we gotta do it. We gotta we gotta go on the road and win in a in a hostile environment.
Speaker 3: Your DB's Ambrie and Oliver and demo. They held Mike, Mike Gavinth Chriscotlin only eighty three yards combined on nineteen targets.
Speaker 2: What are you speaking on them and how they've evolved their game since the.
Speaker 1: Five week man. They've been big. They've been big. I can't say enough about it. I think the rush and the coverage was obviously something that was talked about, you know, going into the buy, how we had to work together as a unit, and that's been a point of emphasis. Guys have stepped up in the big roles. We knew we had to shut down thirteen, you know, with how he's been playing this season. You said both of them went for eighty three combined, eighty four combined. I mean, that's that's big time. You know, we knew we had to stop the run. We knew we had to keep keep them from it, from getting those explosive plays down the field. We could have been better, you know, in certain areas in the game, but overall, I think they played admirably.
Speaker 3: It's a quick turnaround. It's a quick turnaround this week. What do you guys gotta streamline everything? What what's something that you might cut out this week that you would normally do if it was a regular length.
Speaker 1: Week, something we might cut out not I'm not quite sure what we'd cut out. I mean, every Thursday Night is all about how how fast can you recover to be able to play another game on such a quick turnaround? Uh, game plan wise, it's gonna be, you know, a smaller game plan in terms of what we're putting in and and preparing. I think Thursday night games are all about obviously health, you know, getting getting healthy to be able to play on a quick turnaround, and then whoever can play smarter football and take care of the ball and take the ball away in that game. You know, that's that's what it's all about. Thanks guys,