Speaker 1: All media.
Speaker 2: So this year, uh, I want to hear more from y'all as to like what you want me to talk about. I'll just be up here picking stuff that I find interesting, you know. But we created a little survey that's gonna be in the show notes and if you're on my Patreon you already got it. But I just like, I mean, are we doing all right? Like, let'st how can we how can we get our weight up?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So please please, please please, if you find time, please.
Speaker 2: Fill out that survey for me, just so I can, like, you know what I'm saying, like, let's get some ideas you feel me, like, let'sten.
Speaker 1: You know I'm here for y'all, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you four to face it, I'm winning rewarded faces, given reward to something something I don't know my own rap well politics with pride anyway, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: That was me waiting for you to answer. I'm very happy to be here.
Speaker 2: My voice is a little raspy because this is the first Monday of the month. And if you know me and you're watching, you see that banner back there, which is reversed for some reason. I'm still learning how to do all this camera stuff, but the banner says real ones on it because of club Real Ones that happens every first Sunday, which kind of leads into the look as like this shout out y'allhoo fought through and came out and continue to support us. We was a real little worry for a number of reasons. One, it was Grammy weekend, so it was like, I don't know if anybody coming, mostly because the one ten to the one on one exchange, which is like two exits before if you're coming from the east side, two exits before you get to our venue down by La Dasa, which I have zero complaints about. Like, it was pretty beautiful to see the way for which the city came together to stand up for themselves and protests against some of these just gross new immigration laws. I am the father of a person at elementary school, and knowing that it's very possible that an ICE agent could show up at my child school, just it sounds bonkers to me. It's an anxiety that children shouldn't have to have, so a little frustrated excuse them for being a little frustrated and shutting down a freeway. I can be mildly inconvenienced in exchange for the things that they've gone through and are going through right now. So I rode by honk from a fist up you know what I'm saying, Like I'm with y'all, but.
Speaker 1: I also know the city well enough.
Speaker 2: We had a party to throw, so was like, all right, let me dip up Broadway up into Chinatown to go over Grand because Grand goes over sess our job is, and through downtown down a street Vermont to where I had to go.
Speaker 1: This is very la but that's.
Speaker 2: Why my voice is raspy, and today we got to talk about Elon.
Speaker 1: Now, what you might notice as you get into.
Speaker 2: This episode is the fact that the quality of this video in the beginning of this is going to change as we get into the meat of this. That is because I actually recorded the episode that you are about to really get into many weeks ago, with a whole inner introduction about what I mean by having hands and all that. Who shot John? Like one of my parents used to say that all that who shot John? But it was recorded a while back, and I thought I was gonna have to scrap it because of how you know fast the news is going these days, But it turned out to become much more relevant, and now we're finding a place for it, so there's going to be a quality shift. Please forgive me as far as like this is concerned, it's also going to feel a little Just join it because I'm gonna jump into content right now before I explain what I mean by having hands, because that's gonna happen later on, and you following me, I don't want to edit this nice part into the junkie part, even though the junkie part ain't that junkie.
Speaker 1: It's just you understand what I'm saying. Life happened? You feel me?
Speaker 2: How was I supposed to know La was gonna catch on fire when I recorded that episode? I ain't know La was gonna catch on fire. I ain't know we was gonna have to stop what we was doing to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I ain't This episode is called do Eli Have Hands? All right, y'all? Do Eli have Hands?
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear a longer explanation later, but ultimately, like you know it, it usually people who talk a lot better know how to fight, and sometimes it's very funny with people that can talk a lot don't know how to fight. So you'll be like you ain't got no hands. So you're gonna hear a little bit more about that little later. But first, look, it's like this.
Speaker 1: Look is like this bull look is like this.
Speaker 2: Quite a busy week besides mid air crashes in Chocolate City that apparently is because of Dei Dei is clearly the new hard or you'll just be bouncing around. And I feel like I wonder if you I wonder if they hear themselves. Actually I think they hear themselves, which is why they're saying it, in the sense that the logic that they're putting forward is that you are either qualified or diverse. So that means there's two things that have to happen. Now you have to define what diverse means. And clearly we know what they mean because whenever a woman in charge, a person of colors in charge, a person that's differently able's in charge, or it gets the job, then you say it's the diversity higher. So what you're telling me is only white men are qualified. Everyone else's diversity in this world in your brain, you are either qualified or diverse higher.
Speaker 1: And I just like, what the hell kind of world you live in? What a tiny universe?
Speaker 2: Apparently, according to Trump, that's why the planes crashed and other news, the Lakers got Luca.
Speaker 1: Now I'm a miss ad. I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 2: The thing that had us all in shock and me and Sophie and in up all night on Sports Center just farming the internet trying to understand what the hell is happening is that if you've ever been hit on by somebody that is extremely hot or felt like this person is completely out of my league and you like, I mean, I feel like I'm a catch, but like why you of all the people here? I can't why you hitting on me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What am I missing? Here? Like? Why is this?
Speaker 2: I seem to be gaining so much in this? What I don't understand? Am I missing something?
Speaker 1: Like? Or like is is it gonna turn out that you? Like? Are are you like a serial killer?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What's wrong? Like there seems to be no downside for me in this? Why are you totally yo? I don't what am I missing? That's I think why most of us were in shock because we were like Lucas the MVP, why why are y'all trading him?
Speaker 1: And then for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: We was like, uh, we still ain't got a center, and it seemed as though everything we was clicking, like we was winning. Turned out Bron ain't no apparently, ad ain't anybody no this what's happened?
Speaker 1: Bron was like I found out what y'all found out?
Speaker 2: Its Grammy Week shout out, dude, She dark Skinned is back, Rhapsody one dark Skinned is back, and of course k dot dark Skin is back.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, Happy Black History Month. And I have zero interest in educating. I like, I spent too many years trying to teach you all about black history when I'm like, the Internet exists and there are hundreds of thousands of books written by people way smarter than me that you could just you could go find. I am now I think this this this Black History Month, I'm just gonna enjoy being black. That's what I'm gonna do this month. Although we do got an episode coming out on Cool People Who Did Cool Stuff where Magpie talks about the Haitian Revolution, which is, oh yes, she.
Speaker 1: Taught me some things. And now with too like that, I ain't know. I can't believe I even learned. I was like, dang, Magpie.
Speaker 2: Surprised to no one. DJ Academics is weird. Though now I may not be speaking to the right audience for this, because I'm not sure if the vast if I look at our I'm not sure the vast majority of people that listen to this show would know DJ Academics is for y'all that do though, you know he got kicked off twitch y'all see what happened. So I'm gonna try to make when black people say long story short, this is gonna be a long story, but long story short. So AQ was in his discord act as a hip hop like I mean, I say, i'd say journalists with a content creator. I mean, I would it almost cut my mouth to say journalists justin Hunt that's a journalist.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: So he's on his discord, some kid pops in, fifteen year old pops in the chat, pops in the stream. They start talking and he asked little Homie if he's gotten to the Yams yet, wink wink, and love Hummy was like, uh, I'm not of age, fan, like I know, like I'm a kid, you know, And then they start roasting him for not being able to get to the Yams yet. And these are grown men that are like roasting his key about like, damn you fifteen, you still ain't netflixed and chilled, like you still haven't done that? He like, I'm a kid, I just don't be you know. So then they roasting him. They roasting him. Now, when we were children around his age, the oh, the oh, the big hummies used to roast us about our yam's access, like on a porch at the park.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: They were roast us. And I'm saying this to say this was bad. They shouldn't have talked to us like that. That would like we didn't know no better. It's probably why a lot of us had to get a better sexual ethic once we got older. Like a lot of us didn't learn what was appropriate or not appropriate until we were older, and we like had by that time, we had done so much damage, which was partially because they didn't know no better. So they was putting this thing on us that this is the problem. So one would think once you get our age that you like, oh, I ain't finna do the love hommy the way I was done, because of how it damaged us. This man doing it on the internet with thousands of people watching. So they teasing him whatever, like like you would tease a little homie, and little Homiy stood his ground like I don't think you should be talking to me like that. So then the person that this love homie mods for jumps on before he does that act, was like, yo, if would you like if if you if we hired you some some women of the night, would you be willing to get what if it was the guy that you mod for his sister?
Speaker 1: Would you get you a taste of the yams?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And then he was like, well would you offer oral to the person you mod for? And Love Hommy was like, I really feel like you shouldn't talk to me like this, like I'm fifteen. So then the guy that he mods for jumps in and it's just like, my nigga, you why you what's wrong with you? Like why are you talking into this child like this? And then he jumps on his platform and he's like, listen, man, all the little yi ins yo, I'm saying all the little homies that follow me, like, don't let no grown men talk to you like this. That's absurd. Twitch kicked him off. They was like, you know, groomer head ass. Now I'm gonna get a little specific on that. I buck against calling every inappropriate situation grooming. For this reason, I come from an area where the term grooming came from, and grooming is something very specific. And I feel like when you stretch the term to too many things, the specificity of how heinous and evil grooming actually is gets diluted. It stretches the definition too far to which I can't identify this actual criminal in this academics is nasty. I don't think he was talking to this little like this for the purpose of having sex with him later. That's what I'm saying. That's the grooming thing, or setting him up to be exploited later, that's grooming. He crossed every possible line he needed to get kicked off, and like I said, act is a weird though. Let's talk about Elon Musk gets like this. So the episode you're about to hear is about his stance on immigration, on the specific type of immigration, which is called highly skilled right, a certain type of visa that Elon stood on business about. The question that is central to this is when you have two alphas. And I'm using the term alpha because it's just we've accepted that this is what we're talking about now. Granted, the science behind alpha and beta art. That stuff has been completely debunked. Thing about the wolves is just not true, right, Even the guy that wrote it was like, I was wrong.
Speaker 1: When the person that wrote the.
Speaker 2: Thing comes out and says, yo, I was wrong about that, maybe y'all should listen instead of building your whole platforms on it. When you have two big personalities like that, at some point somebody is going to become a subordinate, like somebody is going to be subjective. I think a good example for oh Hea, it would be like, you know, jay Z and Kanye, Like those are really big personalities.
Speaker 1: And not that they had a falling.
Speaker 2: Out per se, but those those two sizes of personalities just couldn't exist in the same It's against the laws of physics. They just could not exist together. Now, in politics, my thought was Donald Trump and Steve Bannon. I think why Steve Bannon didn't stay as long as he was is because he's too ambitious. You can't be that ambitious. In Trump's orb, he has to be the top G. I'm using these terms even though they I throw up a little in my mouth.
Speaker 1: But that's his these He has to be the top G.
Speaker 2: Like that's how he moves so with somebody like Elon, who, honestly, as far as business is concerned, as far as this late stage capitalism, let's be real, that man is tap dancing circles around Donald Trump as far as business is concerned. And I know Trump don't like that. What he do like is being around and having people up under him that make moves. The question is who was going back off first? That was always my question. Now I think Trump can't have no big dog in his org like that, and it's just a matter of time. But I keep being surprised as to how effective, if you will, Elon is maneuvering, how effective his inception has been over these years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The example, like I said you were about to hear, is the.
Speaker 1: H one B visa.
Speaker 2: But since that happened, so many other things happened, one of which was the Nazi thing that was clearly a Nazi thing that I feel like if I was autistic, I would be super offended that you're trying to blame that on that man's autism.
Speaker 1: Like I would be like, oh wait, wait, wait, wait, time out.
Speaker 2: You know, far be it from me to speak to the autistic population. But every autistic person, the person that roasts our beans is autistic. And when I tell you that, when he's into something, I tell you what I told him. This that's why he's such a good roaster is because the boy just gets minutia. There's a minutia that I don't have the patience for that his brain is perfectly dialed into. So if it is so to me, I'm like, it's not that that man would not know a Nazi salute when he's seen it.
Speaker 1: It would be that that man would know.
Speaker 2: Seventeen different versions of it and how it has evolved over time. But I think at the end of the day, like he's kind of a troll, so like there's there's the troll element of it, but patrol with the Nazi salute is some may't write, y'all, but I'm here to talk about some new things that happen. Is this has happened since I recorded the last episode, which I keep coming back to because apparently it's that's important to me. In Trump's overwhelming desire to make sure that there is only white men that run his situation sprinkle with a few blonde girls, and his desire to make sure that we in no means even look in areas that are diverse for expertise, to make sure that I'm not giving no money to no programs that could possibly maybe a little bit smell like or that it has any sort of just older of something that goes against the things that I stand for. I'm gonna stop it all and I'm a defunded And to his credit, now I need you to hear me. To his credit, because this is something that I've said about that man a few times. When he say he's gonna do something, he he.
Speaker 1: Don't be joking about it. And and that's the weird part.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, I'm gonna go back to Kanye again when he said, Kanye say I'm a god, and they say, who.
Speaker 1: Do you think you are? Kanye say, I just told you a god. Trump say I'm gonna fire all these federal employees because they don't be rocking with my agenda, and y'all was like, by you, I mean they're you know, they work for the government. He's not gonna guys, He's not gonna fire federal employees because you need employees. You can't politic These are jobs that aren't politicized. These are jobs where you just work for you and he's like prosecuting me. Oh, he's not gonna he's just messing around. He's like, I just I just told y'all that's what I was gonna do.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what y'all don't understand the stupid little clip I posted, well, not I posted, but the Cool Zone team posted about taking Trump serious for the last episode. I was like this to y'all, need to check this man serious? When this man said I'm gonna figure out how to run a third term, and y'all all going Oskins Constitution.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm like, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: This is my point. Hey, They was dragging me in the comments. Y'all keep saying he's not gonna do that, he can't do that. What are you talking about? You don't understand that you can't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, did you hear what I was just saying to y'all? How many times have.
Speaker 2: You said he can't do that, or he won't do that, or he not gonna do that, and then he do it? And then the thing is I keep looking at y'all saying he said he was gonna do that. What I'm so confused as to what is confusing you? This is what he said he was gonna do. So I, for one take that man serious. Now I am not destroyed by him, but that's partially because I'm not waiting for ice agents to knock down my door. So when President Trump decided he was gonna fire all these federal employees, they were offered a resign now to be paid through September, and it stunned all the workers that received it. They were like, so you're gonna fire me, but if I just quit, you'll give me seven months pay. So some of them were like, you could stay on for seven months if you promised to quit, And they're like, what, I'm fired and I'm not fired?
Speaker 1: What so you firing me, but you want me to stay on you so you want me to train my replacement.
Speaker 2: But if a quit, you're gonna give me seven months pay? Are you really gonna give me seven months pay? The reason why you could ask that question is because don't that sound like the Twitter takeover? Is that not exactly what happened to Twitter? Well, if you quit, I'll let you. I'll pay you through your time to make sure we gets set up. Now, let me ask you this. Were they paid then?
Speaker 1: People wasn't paid, which leads me to this question, whose idea was that dude? Eli got hands? Is Elon more effective then I'm giving this man credit for. Is Trump just.
Speaker 2: Take Elon's ideas and putting his name on it but all of us can clearly see that this was Elon's idea? Or is this just Elon running the Doge?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I did reading the Doge program that Elon was gonna get rid of pennies and honestly, no notes. I mean, what are we gonna do with pennies? They cost more to make than their worth. So I mean, I feel you. But how this man is able to wield his will on a person who seems to me like, don't listen to nobody.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of impressed Elon got.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, the FBI has a reddit. I don't know why that's so funny to me, but the FBI got a reddit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: On the FBI Reddit, they were talking about ways for which to disguise your identity if you was going to start snitching and leaking things about this transition right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What the Doze team is doing is something that was reported by Okay, forgive me the Daily Beast, But they're reporting on this. Elon Musk is threatening to fire the employees who leak information as President Donald Trump unleash an unprecedented chaos in government. Now, clearly the term unprecedented chaos. It's a bit biased, it's a bit inflammatory. Also, what's happening On Sunday? A user posted on an anonymous operational security reminder on Reddit's fbi form with the advice for sharing information that can't be traced back to the source. The post claim that must staffers are using fingerprinting on emails and notices as a way of identifying information leakers. Now, this is essentially an email watermark, like adding a space here or making a typo. There are similar subtle changes to track leaks right on a post red. So what that means is like a good way to know that I'm texting you is an arbitrary capital word. I don't know why I do that.
Speaker 1: I just do.
Speaker 2: A ridiculous amount of spelling typos because a lot of times i'm I'm thinking fast, then I'm typing so like I'll send the thing, and then I realized this wasn't clear that I'll send something else. So it's so disjointed Sophie and then make fun of me all the time. Every show description, Ian re writes, I apologize to miss Cronin, to mister Pulicky, mister Jeffrey. These were my English teachers. They all said the same thing about me. This boy is so smart. If he would just slow down so they would know exactly who I was if I tried to email about this. So Elon went ahead and XT with regards to the leakers, if in doubt they are out right, meaning if I think maybe you was the one leaking this, we just fired you. But it's like fam, I'm finna get fired anyway. All I'm saying is Elon got hands. I think I've answered the question of the show. Do Elon got hands? And turns out the boy got hands? I knew we had finesse, I didn't think he had hands. All right, Now, let's watch the other episode for the rest of.
Speaker 3: This one, what's up all your little sucker MC's propagandha here, welcome.
Speaker 2: To twenty twenty five Editional Politics with pri Man twenty twenty four, Like twenty twenty four had hands, ain't no other way around it.
Speaker 1: There was a meme that came by my.
Speaker 2: Social media that I was like, yeah, this is the on there's a little like rudimentary, like late nineties computer drawing of a guy about the box. He was like, all right, I'm about to fight these thoughts. And then on the bottom it's got him sitting down in the corner of a ring, drinking his water saying, damn, brain got hands. Now, I don't know how many of y'all that that deeply resonates with, where you like, I was gonna fight all these negative thoughts, it gonna think positive, but your brain was like, no, hey, your whole life is trash and you never going out to anything. I don't know if your brain be telling you that your brain got hands twenty twenty four. Twenty twenty four was like what started off as so glorious. You know by this point you have heard the full edition of the State of the Blackness, and even in the State of the Blackness, of all the great things of that happened. Also, twenty twenty four had hands. I mean not to I ain't even mention how horribly off key Alicia Keys saying at the Super Bowl like had hands. The question is do you know what I mean by half hands?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I feel like by this context, you should already know what that means. Is like they punch hard, they fight well. Some people like fighting, like enjoy the adrenaline of like not in the angrily sense, but just in the contact, the testosterone of it all that they enjoy contact sports like like fighting, and a lot of times those are the people that get into you know, boxing or UFC or kickboxing. Like my one of my cousins, I don't know if I could call him a first cousin, is he a second cousin. He's my grandmother's sister. He's my dad's cousins child. But also our grandparents follow me are related, Like our grandfathers are brothers, but our grandmothers are sisters. So like two sisters married two brothers.
Speaker 1: So he's like a double cut.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you call that, Like he liked fighting like he and kickboxing like he's like he likes it the only d smoke like they like they like it, and he's good at it, like he's good. I I don't like it. Now, I have all the testosterone that one would expect from a cisgendered heterosexual boy from the East side, you know, east of the River Los Angeles like, I got all that, but I don't like Merse like Merse, Merks likes likes it, probably not anymore he's but either way for me, I'm like, I don't like I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. They don't like it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Now, that don't mean I can't fight.
Speaker 2: Somebody that can't fight somebody that just the technique is all off. You're gonna get mopped because you're not like you just don't know how to fight that person.
Speaker 1: Don't have no hands.
Speaker 2: Another way to say is like even when they when they punch you, it don't hurt like this, just you ain't got hands, like you don't. And usually the advice for somebody that don't got hands is they should shut their mouth. You're right like, Unfortunately, it's a lot of people that talk a lot that ain't got hands, right like, and when you when you understand at least if you came up the way I came up, like my daddy would say, like mam, like, oh, folks, say you write in a check with your mouth that your butt can't cash, you know, So basically it's like, my dude.
Speaker 1: You you you you.
Speaker 2: Talking like you know how to fight you can't. You better be able to like, you know, damn it, like back up your We better be able to back it up. So you talk it like like you you have to have hands. That's just a short way to say this, like do we got hands?
Speaker 1: Like sneak got hands?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you find out the hard way of somebody got hands or not. I found out my wife refer to her by her prefix doctor al Mazara Goza petty got hands because this is this is me confessing about my spousal abuse. I am just kidding. I please, guys, I'm just kidding. But she got hands. It's not it was from us like messing around and you know, just playfully like she got hands. I was like, oh, I better not ever actually make her mad because we was smiling the whole time. But the question that makes this something that we could talk about all her politics is now, wait a minute, does Elon Musk have hands? So look this big old smile on my face? Talk about because yo, I think ya got hands? Now, hey, Elon fight. It depends on the type of fight we talk about. What I'm talking about is something obviously having to do with politics, and as you know, the premise of this show is. You know, if you understand in a city living, you understand politics. You get the way that the interactions between how politicians communicate to us, the way they communicate.
Speaker 1: To each other. You've the tools for which you use to broker power.
Speaker 2: This is just a refresher course for anybody who just coming into season four. If you've survived the lives the environments that I and a lot of my friends and cohorts have survived, then you understand politics more than you think when a person gets in power because of the way that our governmental system turns out to be set up. Because as y'all know, with the system of checks and balances and the three branches of government, it wasn't on paper, ain't supposed to work this way, but we got a strong man government, and with the electric boogoloo of Trump, it means that it's getting even more strong man because as we know, Trump's main thing is loyalty. Trump needs to be the top g Trump gotta be nobody, you know. He need to have the biggest shine, the biggest powered, the most TV. But I need all my love homies to be able to not just handle my light work, but you need to be able to be as flashy, as strong as dope as I am, but also loyal to the top g like I need to know that. Like you need to shine but not outshine me. But if you're a boss, you got to surround yourself with people that are boss like, right, but not too boss like, because if you too boss like, then it's trouble in paradise. Now, a lot of us who've been watching this, this bromance between Elon Musk and Trump were predicting the inevitable, inevitable power struggle. And the question that was coming up in my mind is do Elon got hands like or is Trump gonna do what he always does when somebody get a little too much juice?
Speaker 1: You gone, I'm gonna get you out the org.
Speaker 2: I felt like that was the question that was eventually about to about to hit us all you are because at the end of the day, whether whether Naga wants to believe it or not, a tech bro billionaire is a strange bedfellow. It's a strange bedfellow, even stranger than our history of oil tycoons being your bad fellow. That's a weird crew to being because at some point your loyalties are gonna split because money likes money. Now, I feel like you don't need to be from the streets to know that there's an inevitable which I mean, is y'all paying attention, especially with old Luigi, an inevitable class consciousness that is going to I mean again, I'm just this is just my antent is it's going to be in my mind. The story of twenty twenty five is a class consciousness for two reasons. One because it's what Trump is counting on. I mean, he he's a nativist, you know. Uses I'm not gonna use too many of the big old words because I need to get to the point I'm trying to get to, which is the question is it turns out or not?
Speaker 1: The question to answer that turns out? Elon got hands.
Speaker 2: But you know, with the nativist populist you know, America first, taking care the little guy type beat that Trump ran on, while at the same time right in your face having multiple billionaires right next to you. And the thing about these billionaires that are right next to you, they mask off about it. They like, now we rich, we just we just be using our money to help y'all, And while full well knowing they not doing it like that's.
Speaker 1: Thereaeness of it all.
Speaker 2: The question only for me was where is the riff gonna start? Where is this power struggle really gonna be because at the end of the day, in my mind, I'm like billionaires going billionaire, right, and Trump gets to the money. And remember, like, even if you was convincing these lower educational lower not as a disc I'm just saying as a factual point, but lower ses Americans that Trump is your guy by saying I'm gonna stop immigration, I'm gonna stop you know what I'm saying, these foreign workers taking your jobs.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stop this invasion.
Speaker 2: At the border, right, And like with that, at the helm, where is the beef gonna show up?
Speaker 1: Where is the power come struggle gonna happen?
Speaker 2: I thought at some point it was probably gonna be over popularity.
Speaker 1: And that's one.
Speaker 2: Way that that Trump is being trolled right now by them Food's calling Elon president Elon right, So I thought that I was like, oh, there's the crack right there, and this was gonna get Elon ejected.
Speaker 1: But you know why I thought.
Speaker 2: That is because I thought Elon ain't have I thought to me, Elon in here about his money and the reason why he lined up with Trump like this was just for him. I'm thinking, I get what he doing this. This shit is pragmatic, like I'm on line with this big dog to get what I need for what I'm doing to work, work, work with my own program. That's why it made sense to me. He know he can't be president, he's not born here. The riff would happen over there, over his popularity. Turns out it was over immigration, and it turns out Elon got hands and we talk about it next.
Speaker 1: All right, So what I'm talking about is.
Speaker 2: H one B visas. Now, there's multiple types of visas. If you're coming into this country, if you're immigrating legally into this country, right, you have certain types of visas.
Speaker 1: There's an H one and an H two.
Speaker 2: Elon got on his platform that he purchased right with this banger of the quote, the reason I'm in America, along with many other critical people who built SpaceX, Tesla and hundreds of others that made America strong.
Speaker 1: Is because of H one B. Take a big step back and fuck yourself in the face. What a weird way to say that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I will go to war on this issue, the likes of which you cannot possibly comprehend.
Speaker 1: What the hell is he talking about. H one B is a type of.
Speaker 2: Visa that one gets for what they call highly skilled workers. Now, I'm gonna read some stuff here for you, y'all, for you to know exactly what I mean by that.
Speaker 1: So, an H one B is a category of a temporary work authorized category which authorizes the employment of professionals who will work in a specialty occupation position.
Speaker 2: And the H one B eligibility requires an offer of employment from a US employer in a specialty occupation right now, the USCIS defines specialty occupation as a position which requires a theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge right and required at minimum to have a bachelor's degree in a specialty for entry of profession right now. There's only a limited number of these available for in a fiscal year. Now, the way to get those, because there's only a limited number of them is a.
Speaker 1: Lottery, believe it or not, peak the name out of that.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you get to thank And since there's a like I said, there's a lotteries since there's only a limited number. Okay, if the name Forum National on an H one B petition has ever held an H one B status right within the last six years, then the position is subject to like the H one B cap. Right now, a total of eighty five thousand CAP subject H one b's are available per government fiscal year. The cap related H one b's are allocated like this. There's fifty seven thousand available all qualifying be beneficiaries. There's twenty seven thousand available to graduates holding US master's degrees or higher. Meaning you from another country, you came here for school, got a master's degree. Now you want to work here, but remember you don't live here. So right now you was on a student visa and then after that you got to switch to a work visa. Now that you've got a master's degree, should be able to stay here and work the country that you've been going to school in, right, but you only stay for a certain amount of time and then, which is so weird. There's eight thousand available for nationals of Singapore and Chile.
Speaker 1: This just throw them countries it right now.
Speaker 2: Although the law does not specifically say what it considers to be specialty occupations, again, they're defined as specialized knowledge that takes a bachelor's degree or higher. You know, when you call into an it thing and it's a I mean, it's a trope. Now and the person on the phone has a thick Indian accent, that's an H one B.
Speaker 1: Visa. You work for an American company.
Speaker 2: A lot of times the company has a footprint here, but they're allowed to hire foreign skilled workers based on this visa to work for this company.
Speaker 1: Now Elon is.
Speaker 2: Saying, I don't care what the hell you ran on American jobs, factory workers.
Speaker 1: I don't care about none of that. I don't care what JD. Van said.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care about none of that. Fuck yourself in the face. All care about Billy Bob and little baby Billy. I don't care about none of them in your little heartland of America. I ain't even from America.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I need people that can do this job. And this is why I'm here. I came to America to get to the Yams fam and I'm gonna get to people I need to get you know why, because I get to the bread. But back with the same thing, I don't care what you ran on. So now Trump in this position because the other side of his crew because he wanted to keep the billionaires because they keep the bread coming in. The billionaires. Is like, I don't care about your immigration shit. Do you know the H two H H two visa is that's to be able to work in agriculture. So right now, currently, at this very moment, according to the New York Times, Trump is offering over a thousand h two visas for his vineyard for the Trump Wine Vineyard fifteen bucks an hour.
Speaker 1: But he running on I'm here for the locals.
Speaker 2: So you got people like Steven Miller and Steven Bannon and Steve Bannon who've been trying to say this for years that H one be as a scam. He's like, look, you not hireing Americans, and the people you bringing in you can.
Speaker 1: Pay them far less. So what's happening is the same stuff that we say about Margaret farm workers is the same thing they saying is happening in the tech world in Silicon Valley. I could hire these foreign workers because I gotta pay them as much. They can't leave the city because you only allowed to beware this particular they can't go nowhere. These people that come work for you on an H one B visa. They can't apply nowhere else because they would lose their visa. You gotta be here. You gotta work for their company. And I got you for three years, and you probably most skilled than everybody else in.
Speaker 2: Here, and I could pay you less, and you don't necessarily gotta live here, so I ain't even got to pay you an American living wage. Steve Bannon is like fam I thought we was here for us.
Speaker 1: I thought we was what what is we doing? So this means you got the maga wing? That's like my g my g I thought we was building a wall. What happened to the wall?
Speaker 2: I thought we was about American jobs, which I hope you hear the subtext, which is like, oh, I mean y'all could turn a wrench. I don't mind you turning a wrench, but you can't work in management. Y'all cost too much. But I definitely hire these foreign workers. I ain't got to pay them as much, and they kind of know what they're doing. See the ill thing about I mean, you say what you will. There's two types.
Speaker 1: Of races to be.
Speaker 2: There's the pragmatic races and then there's the principled racist. That principled racist was how Oregon, when it was a whites only state, didn't allow slavery. They said, we don't. We want to be a free state. We don't allow slavery in our in our state. But they said that because they just didn't even want to live next to black people. And then there's the pragmatic ones that's like, well, we here for the bread. I don't I don't care if you from a trash country, if you could do the job, like I really don't. I mean, if you're making me money, I'll pay you whatever you need to pay because I'm here for the bread.
Speaker 1: I ain't gotta like you. I don't even gotta look at you. I'm here for the bread.
Speaker 2: So it creates this again, this class consciousness I'm talking about. I'm like, all right, uh, are you gonna.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Like, so we're gonna do this billionaire thing, because if we do the billionaire thing, guess what, nothing changes.
Speaker 1: You voted, You're like you ran on the you ran for truy. Nothing changed because he's still gonna get foreign workers. I thought you was running like nothing gonna change. You run a billionaire, you run a billionaire gambit if he don't run a billionaire Gabbitt, and he do the nativist thing. He lose the bread because the billionaires had the most power of what you're gonna do, what you're gonna do. There's trouble in paradise. Now.
Speaker 2: Will they be able to solve H one B and this visa, this legal immigration visa situation in any time soon? No, They've been talking about it since the freaking Bush administration. You're not finna figure this out. Some of you may push back and say, he wasn't arguing about legal immigration, he was arguing about illegal immigration. Well, you know, asylum seekers are legal immigration also, So in a lot more going on there.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The pushback to H one B is as we've can even hear Steve Bannon say, which is like you're discriminating against US citizens. And matter of fact, Facebook had to settle a lawsuit where Facebook settled a claim. I'm reading this from immigrationhistory dot org.
Speaker 1: They had to settle in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: They had to settle a claim with the Department of Justice that they discriminated against US workers in favor of temporary visa holders, and the company paid four point seventy five million in civil penalty and set aside nine point five million for eligible victims. Another one of the pushbacks is, yeah, like the slave wages things. It's like, you can't if you're here on one of them visas, you can't go nowhere. You can't move right, and I don't have to pay you American level wages. You just happy to be in the building. So Trump, who has been telling us for the last eight years that immigration is the problem elon jump up and say, hold up, but I like this type of immigration.
Speaker 1: Do he got hands?
Speaker 2: Turns out absolutely because what Trump said was, and I quote, I've always liked the H one program. I love those visas, I've used them.
Speaker 1: Which is not necessarily true. He didn't always love it.
Speaker 2: He used to say he was gonna end it, and then turned his tail in twenty nineteen because at first he tried to stop it, but then later he was like, look, dude, if you graduate, if you're a foreign citizen and you graduate from a US university, you should immediately get a green card. That's one thing Trump say. Now, so he at this point, I mean, he on the billionaire side. Now, the question to me is like, who do that?
Speaker 1: Surprise you? Don't you? Did you who who? Who? Who?
Speaker 2: Didn't expect this man to go where the bread is? I know I did I expect him to go where the bread is. But the question is, you know, when worst come to worst, do his people come first? Which asked by the Great profits Havoc and prodigy of mob Deep, do your people come first? I mean, you've been saying that for a year and a half. It sounded like the bread come first, and it sound like sounds like Elon got hands. Now is this just a silly little squirmish, a little food fight among you know, restlessness within the house.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: What's crazy though, which is really blowing my mind is Trump has made the state that like, oh he not changing the h one visas? And nobody mad at Trump? They mad at Elon. This man got a death grip. Nobody mad Ain't nobody blaming Trump for that. They are mad at Elon, Like Elon, why'd you tell him that?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: So everybody turned everybody mad at Elon for saying the obvious, even though Trump the only one that could press played.
Speaker 1: But y'all not mad at Trump. Y'all mad at Elon. Now.
Speaker 2: The last point I'm making this is that Elon ain't in the Congress. So no matter what any of them are talking about, any policy, it's got to get through the Congress. Now, obviously, Trump is in a situation where you know, his team is up, so it's very possible that the things for which he might desire to pull to pull off it becomes that much more easier.
Speaker 1: However, what I have found.
Speaker 2: Is no matter who's in charge, when you start messing up the money, it seems as though nothing really changes that. And then also my second last thing is this may not be the only little tiff that Elon and Trump have. Who knows, or maybe maybe they're absolutely in love, who knows. What we know is we can't really predict much right now. I mean, the nigga's not even president yet. Like let's remember that he's not even there yet. Well, actually, by the time this comes out, he is. The point I'm saying is it's only like day two, So prediction as to like how this stuff's gonna go later is silly.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, but.
Speaker 2: I tell you this, if you ain't figure it out in this situation, you should have known when that man bought Twitter, Elon got hands, he gonna.
Speaker 1: He gonna do what he gonna do.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Hm h m hm h m hm. I just wonder where this fight gonna go.
Speaker 2: I just wonder how long it's gonna take, how you know, if they gonna if he's gonna continue to, you know, throw hands.
Speaker 1: What's y'all think? What y'all think?
Speaker 2: Anyway, just for a little bit of history and you know your education, the H two So the H two visus you could go to like Immigranthistory dot org. So H two that's the one that where Mike farm workers come from. So the H two visa program was built on a World War two era arrangements that was established by I don't know if you knew this, the War Food Administration. Did you know that that was a thing that brought guest workers from the Bahamas, Jamaica, Barbados, and other Caribbean islands to labor under contracts similar to those established by the US Mexico Bracero program bakhettal through the nineteen forties, thousands of Caribbean guest workers. Did you know this landed on the East Coast farms from Florida to the northeast. The nineteen fifty two Immigration and Nationality Act provided the statutory language to make these arrangements permanent with non immigrant visa categories, so it's a work visa right. Unlike previous government to government labor programs, the H two visa program allowed US employers to recruit workers follow me directly from any country once the Attorney General accepted petitions, which gave employers direct control over their guest workers VISUS.
Speaker 1: Yo, I need you to understand. While you mad at immigrants, your government set up the system. I'm just this is just what happened the end of the day. Like I said, turns out Elon got hands.
Speaker 2: So while I was thinking that at some point Elon was gonna feel a little too froggy and Trump was gonna throw hands in him, turns out Elon said, hold up, homie, hold up, you ain't gonna mess with my meal. You ain't finna get in between my meal. Homie, keep in mind the onlyest reason I got behind you. What's so that my meals stay right? And I got hands on it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Politics, all right, Now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew Coffee we got terraformed Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee.
Speaker 1: This was mixed, edited, and.
Speaker 2: Mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the beat softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm a speller for you because I.
Speaker 2: Know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out.
Speaker 1: The heat. Politics is a member of Cool Zone.
Speaker 2: Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and Overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week
Speaker 3: On the