Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Zach is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Leah. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Zach, how long has it been since you heard from Leah?
Speaker 3: It's been about a week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a sweet spot where people start to panic a little bit, you know, I get that, though. Have you tried to reach out to her?
Speaker 3: I have and honestly just going straight to voicemail.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Oh that's got to hurt. Yeah, anyway, tell us about your date.
Speaker 3: Well, we didn't do anything too crazy. I cooked her dinner at my place, and like, I really can cook, so it was a good time. We played some Monopoly and how long was the date?
Speaker 2: Like seven hours? Monopoly takes forever.
Speaker 3: Came over for dinner around seven, We started playing around a thirty. She didn't leave for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a joke, really, but that's okay.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you guys are really enjoying each other's company ish.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, Like I even let her be the car, so clearly she's winning. L I well, uh, we messed around a little bit. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Like when you say messed around a little bit, you don't have to give us like details, but what's a little bit, Like did you guys hook up all the way?
Speaker 5: That is details?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all the details. We had a good time, Okay.
Speaker 3: You know at the end, I thought we were we were gonna like hang out because she said, you know, let's do this again, and I thought that was not facetious. And I haven't really heard back.
Speaker 4: Did anything happen like during monopoly or while you guys were messing around? That may be a reason why.
Speaker 3: No, Like so like during monopoly, everything was going great. We're connecting and you know, everything like flowed really really well, and like he's probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: And oh okay.
Speaker 3: It had me like wondering, like do I just have bad lighting in my house? And like is it like a nightclub in there? But like the only thing I could think of is I have a picture of my son by the door, and uh, I noticed that she glanced at it, but she didn't say anything, and uh, maybe that preaks her out.
Speaker 4: Did she already know that you have a son?
Speaker 3: No? Like, I didn't really know how to bring it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you didn't tell her you have a kid?
Speaker 3: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: See, I think I'll be gold if you were dating, if you're a single dad, I feel like that'd be good.
Speaker 4: I mean some people are super into it. Meybing one of those people behind me. Yeah, well, so did you notice her like looking at it? Was there a moment that was kind of weird with that?
Speaker 3: No, she glanced at it, and you know, move forward. Everything seemed fine, nothing really changed. She asked me anything about it, So I didn't think that there was anything there.
Speaker 2: It could also be that you didn't mention it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know something you're just better left to be discovered.
Speaker 2: Right, But I mean for her, she might be like, oh, he didn't tell me he had a kid, like he's hiding things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe I should have just been led with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't lead with it, but there's definitely a place where maybe that would come up in conversation, especially if she's at your house with a picture. But did that happen at the end of the night, in the middle of the night. I'm just trying to see, like if her mood shifted it all night.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well.
Speaker 2: We'll see if that is the reason. We'll play a song, come back and call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, thank you, all right, play a song, come back. Get your first Day follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's First Day follow up. Zach is on the phone and he's not getting a call back from Leah. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get them another date. But before we do that, Zach, refresh our memory about your day with Leah.
Speaker 3: So she came over to my place. I made her dinner, We played Monopoly. We had an amazing time. I think she's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. And I've been getting ghosted for about a week now.
Speaker 4: Why was it again that you think you might be getting ghosted?
Speaker 3: I mean, before she walked out, she noticed the picture of my son on the wall, and I'm not sure that freaked her out.
Speaker 4: A little bit because you didn't tell her.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean I didn't really know her to put that in a first date conversation.
Speaker 2: You ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, man speak to Leah. Please, this is hard.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to have you.
Speaker 2: Leah was up. This is a radio show. It's called The Jewbil Show. How are you, hi, Leah.
Speaker 4: I'm Nina.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jewbel.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. I didn't I think people actually did this in real life.
Speaker 6: I mean, like you hear clips online, but I didn't know it was actually real.
Speaker 2: So you actually have heard of the show?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, totally sweet.
Speaker 2: Great. Well, Leah, do you know why we're calling.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping I won something.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm hoping you did too. We do a segment called the First Day follow Up this where if you go on a date with someone and you ghost them, they can email us to call you and ask why you're ghosting them. Oh, I'm not telling you that for no reason. That's the reason we're calling. He's you're ghosting somebody and they emailed us because they're wondering why you're not calling them back, more specifically, why you're just sending him to the voicemail when they call you.
Speaker 5: Okay, well it's definitely zact then huh.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Oh, can you tell us why you're ghosting him? He really wants to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, the date was great. He's clearly a nice guy.
Speaker 6: I think we had a lot of fun, but someone has definitely been there beside me, and I think she was cooking, like right before you you mean, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 7: Like his place is immaculate, like it looks amazing.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking like this is not guys stuff, right, Like there's perfectly arranged flowers, decorative pillows literally everywhere, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Somewhere they've been usually been taught.
Speaker 6: And I guess that's what I'm saying, is like it felt like I've walked into Pinterest. It's doing it and it was very nice, and he just kind of so this is where it gets this where it's word. So I mentioned that I'm like, wow, your place is really beautiful, and he goes He just like casually says, yeah, my ex was an interior designer and still brings me fresh flowers and decorates every once in a while.
Speaker 4: She still brings him fresh flowers.
Speaker 5: I guess, and I'm twice a week.
Speaker 2: Wait, lea, that's Zach. He's actually on the phone list thing. I wants to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I didn't know you were high.
Speaker 4: So let's pick back up, Zach, your experts. Flowers still to your house.
Speaker 3: It's not like that. Like she's just an interior designer and she likes arranging stuff and it's the project for her, and we haven't been together in forever, and there's nothing that's going on between us. Zac.
Speaker 5: There are throw pillows.
Speaker 6: No man has that many simos I do unless someone else is acting.
Speaker 2: I've got a lots throw pillows. Yeah, I can couch stuff.
Speaker 5: I like it though, Okay, I mean yeah, I mean I like having a nice place, and like, I guess, maybe flowers and pillows are a bit much.
Speaker 3: But like she's not living there, Like I can't just have a little bit of taste and appreciate some pressed flowers here in there.
Speaker 4: I don't even know that it's because you have a nice playsack. It almost seems like this is her way of being like, what's the deal with your ex?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can have flowers. I think they're cool. It's clearly pretty, but they're coming from your ex.
Speaker 3: All right. Wait, so this is absolutely nothing to do with the g sing a photo of my son?
Speaker 5: What son?
Speaker 3: The picture that I saw you glancing at on the wall.
Speaker 8: So you lied to me twice, Your ex decorates your house, and you have a kid that you never mentioned. I feel like those good things to just skip over.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I get where you're coming from. Hill for a second, it looks like reset. Okay, let's just start fresh. Hey, I have a son. I have a good relationship with his mom. She's an interior designer, and she keeps the place nice for him, not me. She has a boyfriend, by the way, and she's supported of whoever I choose to date.
Speaker 4: Wait, so backup, So your ex is also your baby mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's why she's still over. She brings my son over and she brings a few things, and like, it's probably for him to feel more comfortable, so that his place that he's staying in with her is similar to my place. She doesn't want me to look bad in front of our kid, and like it creates a more comforting environment. So I'm open towards having my place have some thrill pillows and some flowers, as long as it makes my son happy.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, Zach, that's all well and good, but I don't see why you couldn't have told me that sooner.
Speaker 5: I really don't feel like this was when I should have been, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, that's not something you just drop on someone after a date, and like, I just feel like it feels like you held out on that, like you kept it a secret for me or something.
Speaker 3: No. Like, listen, you're the first person I've gone on a day with in a very very long time. I did intentionally. I'm actually interested in you. It's just I didn't really know how to bring that up into the conversation. I thought that was more of like a second day conversation. I thought the first day was just to see how we connect without complicating the scenario. It's not really something I did intentionally, And I'm sorry if you feel like that was what's helped for me, But that wasn't one.
Speaker 5: Of those things.
Speaker 6: Just weird because when you asked me about my family, I definitely mentioned everyone in it.
Speaker 5: I didn't skip a child.
Speaker 3: Listen, I would really love to like see you again and take you out again. And you know, if you're open towards it, you know, it's just I didn't know how to bring that up in a conversation. This is You're the first person I've got on a date with since Lea.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go on another day with Zach? Will pay for it?
Speaker 5: My heart wants to say yes, but I feel like I should say no. I've had this happen to me before.
Speaker 7: I've had an ex who held out that he had kids and it did not go well.
Speaker 5: Like, so, yeah, he had two and he didn't tell me.
Speaker 7: Until like four months into dating, which like obviously way worse.
Speaker 5: But like, this just gives me bad vibes.
Speaker 3: I'm not comfortable the fact that after a first day you found out I have a kid. You're not comfortable. I mean, I guess if you don't want to be around a kid. I mean, I don't think I liked you. I didn't. I didn't bring up something I did asked.
Speaker 7: About your family, and you didn't mention a child, Like that's longing, it's lying by omission.
Speaker 3: I didn't lie to you. I just what's held the trip?
Speaker 6: You sound like a delight. Yeah no, that's just like lying, but with wrapping paper on it.
Speaker 3: I guess we can agree disagreement if.
Speaker 6: That's why you want to put it, fine, but yeah no, mm hmmm, not doing that again. I'm not going down that road twice.
Speaker 3: And that's the last time I let somebody win a monopoly.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Jubile's first Date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney online at advocateslaw dot com.