Speaker 1: H h. Hello everyone.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the eyes of your w Transcine.
Speaker 1: Nan, you're a bost You listening transcine alongside is my buddy and partner in crime, d Sir. Are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm doing awesome. I'm so happy to be here tonight with you.
Speaker 1: You're always going, but.
Speaker 3: We're doing tonight tonight.
Speaker 1: It's different, different five because.
Speaker 3: It's right, Yeah, I feel different.
Speaker 1: I'm tired and then I feel tired in the morning. It's different.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I yeah, I don't know if I feel better, if I feel worse. But it's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird because like you wake up in the morning and like usually we come down here like what nine, nine thirty. Sometimes I'm just kind of my coffee's just kind of kicking in, but I'm still kind of sleepy. And now it's seven o'clock and I'm just starting to get sleepy from the day from you know, doing everything in the day, and it's catching up on me now.
Speaker 1: And usually seven o'clock is the time where I kind of wind down.
Speaker 2: I get my decaf coffee, I sit on the couch, I go to the DVR, look up some.
Speaker 1: Stuff and kind of unlined for a couple hours, but tonight it's all about the podcast. There is no rest.
Speaker 3: Do you always drink decaf?
Speaker 1: No, I drink caffeinated.
Speaker 2: I drink one cup in the morning of caffeine, but then at night I can't drink. If I want a cup of coffee, I have to do decaf or else it'll keep.
Speaker 3: Me up for really.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't have caffeine at night.
Speaker 3: See this, This is calf to the gills.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Now, I could drink a vat of caffeinated coffee at night and give me a pillow. I'll be asleep in five minutes.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: But you stay up late, don't you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: I'm not like a late person anymore. I used to be.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I used to play poker online until like five point thirty in the morning. Sometimes I was a maniac. I guess after I got married and had kids, I got so regulated with my times. I have to be in bed by like ten o'clock or I'll I'm sleeping on the couch.
Speaker 3: But you've also run into you know. I do stay up a little late, but I also wake up a little late sometimes too, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh my god, that one day it was what eleven thirty, like.
Speaker 4: Ten forty five.
Speaker 3: I'm like, look, I just got up. I'm just catching my bearings. I get back of you in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell you the last time I slept past like seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's too funny.
Speaker 1: That's rare.
Speaker 2: I was like ten forty five, it's almost eleven o'clock at trias out of bed?
Speaker 1: You got work to do?
Speaker 4: No, it was?
Speaker 3: And that was was that the day I was confused on what day we were recording.
Speaker 2: That probably yeah, and I think it's the day that both girls were sick.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, we were so thrown off. Oh so thrown on. We might have been drinking that night before. And I woke up so paranoid that either I was about to miss our recording time because I was like thinking about it, give.
Speaker 1: Me a half hour and I go, that wouldrow are about?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I thought I was off. I was like, what day is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? No, you're wrong?
Speaker 3: That's too funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'll tell you what like some nights and I I'm trying not to do this anymore. But for Christmas one of my presents from Hubs, he got me two bottles of Bailey's, so one bottle was like the original and one bottle was a vanilla cinnamon. So I've been putting like a double shot in my nighttime coffee.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: It's like every night I'm drinking. Now, it's like seventeen percent alcohol.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 3: I mean it's good. Okay, it tastes good. It's good, but is it good. I mean it's not great.
Speaker 1: That is not good for you.
Speaker 2: And I've been like knocking myself out in the gym, you know what I mean. And I said to myself, Man, I'm sitting here and I'm drinking this. I'm not that I'm an alcoholic or anything, but I'm drinking this cup of coffee with this double shot.
Speaker 1: This can't be good at nighttime. That's I guess.
Speaker 2: There would be sugar in it, plus the additional calories plus the alcohol. So I stopped doing that. I said, I can't do that anymore. Now I'm trying to stop the coffee at night altogether, like I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to just drink water. But I was on a kick. I was like every night.
Speaker 2: I was getting my little coffee and I was sitting down because it's so relaxing.
Speaker 1: I had my heating pad, I have a fuzzy blanket. Then you know the cough, the spiked coffee like it's it's that's a dream night. That's so fun for me.
Speaker 3: Can't beat that. Well, you know, so, I know you like the moonshine, right, you like the Uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Not that I like the moonshine. It was the watermelon moonshine was very, very tasty, but it got me effed up. I was spinning.
Speaker 4: Drunk.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, well that's liking it. If you get spinning drunk, that's usually that's fun. But there's a there's a like a little booze bottle of moonshine that you can there's like a coffee flavored one out that you could like it's like a chaser almost that you can put in your coffee that makes it like it's like a Bailly's. Well I got those, put it in the wife stocking and we've added that to the coffee at night as well. There's a strawberry one, I think, and like a mocha like it's like a straw like a hint of like a strawberry, like I don't know if it's streamer, yeah, like a creamer. And then there's like a mocha one. It's awesome, but it's like a Bailey's.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so delicious. But I said, this can't be good for my body, Like I'm trying to detox. Yeah, I've been going like, you know, the days that I lift, I lift heavy, right then the days that I don't lift, I do cardio and then I we have a steam the steam thing and I go in there and I sweat my ass off, and I'm trying to like detox and like drink the water and get the tox.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying, Balli's is not good. I'm sweating out Bailey's right now. This isn't good for me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a sauna, so I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a fine stein goes. Oh is it the kin the plastic that you zip up like the bean bag chairs? What is real? Sauna?
Speaker 2: Made of wood? It has infrared lights on it. It's it's like it's awesome and you sweat, like you really sweat, And I've been doing that because it's supposed to help like your inflammation and your joint. Yeah yeah, and they say, you know, you might live longer if you start to use the sauna more. So, I've been trying to get in there for like thirty minutes and do that. So, I mean, once in a while, like when I have my girl's weekend, I'll go and I'll have a drink. But I think the baillies and the coffee needs to stop. Yeah, you know, but it's so good. Oh, it's so relaxing at night. Put a little whooped cream on the top.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I miss it.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you, I know. All right, Well, I'm gonna send the link to our We're being we're being meme bombed.
Speaker 1: I'm not even checking my father.
Speaker 3: We're being mean bombed to death.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you people know who's coming on. And if you don't, you're gonna in a minute.
Speaker 1: You can do the intro for him. Well, you love him so much.
Speaker 3: I love him so much.
Speaker 1: You love him so much.
Speaker 3: Go that far as to say that, But I mean, what what can you say about former e CW Champion, former w CW United States Champion, former w CW Tag Team Champion, the one and only and now back in the podcast Realm Yes with what is it? Franchise University?
Speaker 4: Is that the name of it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't want to butcher it. But he also had a great association with the Queen of Extreme Francine and E. Cwat the greatest duo in ECW history.
Speaker 2: We are and let me tell you, I can't get rid of this guy. He's up my ass twenty for seven. I just can't get rid of him.
Speaker 1: But now he's one of my best friends. We're still traveling the road together, up and down the territories doing our thing. We have a lot of stuff planned for the first half of this year.
Speaker 3: There he is, so I was right.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: He is my good friend and yours. He is a well quapped franchise. I guess can I do this too? As he comes on, look can I do this too?
Speaker 4: Look? Look?
Speaker 3: Oh man, it was hot in here. Oh man, oh so hot already the title?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's the we quaffed franchise.
Speaker 4: E's easy taking care of this prodigious quaffing.
Speaker 1: Did you just get it done? It looks fabulous, Thank you very much. Yeah, how are you doing all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I understand me. I'm doing great. Right now. I understand there's a massive air strike going over in the Middle East by the United States and Britain.
Speaker 2: So do you know I was just looking at a film of Alaskan airlines.
Speaker 1: Are the doors are flying off in midair?
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was going on. As much as you love to fly, I could just see you on that. I was done.
Speaker 1: I would literally lose it.
Speaker 4: The door just came off, full disclosure. I'd have a cinder block in my pants.
Speaker 1: I swear to you. It was I remember one time.
Speaker 2: You know, Sandman was a self called plant atheist at one point, and I don't know what he believes in now, but uh, we were going down. We were on a flight and it was so I've never been like that, had turbulence like this, And he grabbed my hand and.
Speaker 1: I don't know who you pray to, but you better pray to him now. And I was just like, how do you want to pray to my God? Because you're gonna die. I thought we were goners. The plane was literally doing this.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say Sam and bolted to the to the to the cab and crushed in and like flew the plane and landed it and saved everybody.
Speaker 1: That would have been a better story. Unfortunately. What's going on with you? Do you wanna do you want to talk about your podcast? First?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, it's well. First of all, Happy New Year's to everybody gets there. Uh we uh franchise university. We've uh been you know, pushed us to number that. We had to take seven weeks off because James when got married. I tried to talk him out of it, but he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: He would join the club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's so we're back. We had to record two episodes this week. Uh, apologies to everybody. Honestly I was getting delused by people at the grocery story. Hey so episode this week. But yeah, so we got caught up to it. Uh two weeks we got we're three weeks behind, so we got caught up to well and two weeks hit two more. But uh, we're having fun with it. It's uh, you know, it's it's for me, as you know, I get so nervous on cameraon in front of people. What about you guys, what's new? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, you know we're on.
Speaker 3: He has Yeah, he hasn't been here since we've been on. iHeart yes, right, that's right, since you been on. Oh yeah, yeah, he hasn't. I think the last time Shane was on was when Punk had the meltdown at the press conference?
Speaker 4: Was that time He's gonna kill ton That was?
Speaker 3: That was the time when Tony when he had the meltdown in front of the press and Tony was just sitting there with the bug guys watching it, and then uh uh the brawl out went on backstage and then Jericho whispered to Tony, some ship just went down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know this this thing that happened what last week? Week before? I lose track of time. I'm like, it's a kind of twilight zone. But you know, first of all, I'm sure Tony Kahn's dad has some pretty well qualified communications experts. There are times you go public and you say things and there's other times to shut the hell up, And clearly he doesn't know the difference. So it's, uh, it's it's it sends a shiver down your spine watching it and thinking, like, you know, how carefully we would try to do things in the past, and when you'd screw up, and there were plenty of those, you know, we try to figure out the best way. What's the old saying when you're in a hole, stop digging, And boy, it seems like old Tony Khan's got himself a backo. He's taking this thing as deep as he might end up in China. Who knows before we're done well.
Speaker 3: And he's made even more I would say, even the press conferences and whatever he's had to say publicly in front of people, being as bad as he could possibly do. That that's terrible. Online, he's worse because he's created a controversy between the companies now by going after talent. And have you seen that Shane this week?
Speaker 4: I hadn't, but but I've heard people like complaining about things just in general. So fill me in please.
Speaker 3: So what he did was so Jinder Mahaal, who's a WWE talent, was on TV a few weeks ago. He was in a segment with the Rock. Okay, the segment got rave reviews, got pretty decent rate. Means they decided to give gender Mahal a title shot. So gender Mahall has been kind of off TV. They've used him as a manager, but they he is a former champion. They gave him a title shot. Well, Tony used the fact that he hasn't really won to match as the barometer to say, oh, well, why does he deserve a title shot and kind of took a shot at him in a tweet, right, and you hook Tasa's son as an example, you know, as to somebody that is a superstar. So then Gender took a shot at Hook, and then Tony came back and took a shot at Gender and then shots fired back and forth and it just did not look good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and what's the end goal? You know, it's it's you're putting heat on some of the boys. That poor Hook. But I mean, good kid, Right, he's sitting there minded his own business. Hall sudden he's in the middle of his controversy. It's uh again, like there, I think it's time for Tony to sit back and say, like call his dad, Hey, you get one of your damage control people, communications experts online. It's it's it's so frustrating to watch because there's so much talent. My god, we've talked about the sad nausea and there's so much talent in those dressing rooms and yet you know, you see stuff like that, it's like Peyton Place, you know, for all your kids out there, that's the soap opera. It used to be the TV, uh, you know, and it's just like this flailing about. It's it's embarrassing to watch. Focus on the product. It's the product in the ring. And you know, I did JP's a podcast in today's ninth anniversary and was saying, then, you know that it's the product. Remember the old line from Bill Klint is the economy stupid. Uh, it's the product, stupid. Fix the product, Get the product right. And instead of trying to take these shots. You know when we did in ECW, we were the little tiny guy trying to get eyeballs on us and uh, you know, taking shots to get some of that attention. But to be like one of the quote unquote big two and out there playing this kind of Peyton place where you know we're gonna go and tweet something mean out and everything else, it's just so ill advised and so stupid. And again, everybody knows my personal feelings for Vincent man, but I you know, there are still things I've learned from Vince. You know. Whenever I remember when Hogan years ago did the uh the promo after went the WCW said he had all the irishmen, yes, even the man shaking in his boots. I went to Vincent, said, hey, during one of the Dean Douglas vignettes, let's have a grip, make some noise in the back of the room and I'll be annoyed by it and I'll finally say something like, mister Bellie, will you sit down and shut up? And maybe you'll finally learn something about this business. And Vince loved it. He tuck you. But you know, we don't do it, never talk about the enemy and directly from Vince. And now this this kind of stuff. Tony has tried to place himself as being one of the talk three bookers and all this other stuff we've heard. But you've been on national television for three years and failed to grow the audience. There's still between this three and eight hundred thousand number. Correct. Yeah, yeah, so they've already failed. I mean three years in my guess would be somebody at T and T. Unless they have absolutely nothing to air, it's start. There's there's discussions going on like, hey, how long do we want to do this? Because are they still paying the production costs? Yeah? I'm not sure at some point this this this fan dango will come to an end unless they get it right. And they have some really great young talent there, but they're also you know, I won't use names. I'll try to keep my friends' names out of this, but I had spoken to one of my dear friends from there, and they told me that in since the beginning of the company, there wasn't a single question asked of them. And I can assure you this person taught me a world of stuff that I would later use as the franchise. So the fact that nobody's asking him questions or asked him any questions, seems to me to be just crazy, insane. They got to write that ship. They have a chance. You know, they have the money and they have a great dressing room of talent. But you know, a runner, the ship just sort of floats around and goes in the circles, right, And I think that's what we're seeing with aew. Get the ship right, get the runner fixed, get this thing moving in the right direction, especially as Vince's numbers have sort of sloughed out. We keep saying this for the company formerly owned by Vina McMahon. It's you know, take some lessons from him, because, you know, love him or hate him, the guy knew what the hell he was doing as far as business goes.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before when they the scrum.
Speaker 2: The way that Tony was behaving and cursing and just acting more so like one of the boys and not the boss. Right when I see him tweeting and childish stuff like not even something like an adult man would write, just like taking cheap shots. And to me, he's trying to poke the bear, which is either like triple h or you can even say Vince McMahan or somebody in charge, and nobody ever pokes back. You know, gender is the one that poked back, and he's talent. So the boys always fight on Twitter like it's like an everyday thing. Somebody's fighting with somebody on Twitter, okay whatever. Tony, to me, I don't know what his ultimate goal is, but he keeps trying to poke that bear and no one is responding, and it's like, after a while, you have to say to yourself, Okay, do I look like an asshole? Or am I getting my point across? Which is your point?
Speaker 1: You look like you're seven years old and making like potty humor jokes half the time. It just comes off.
Speaker 2: As very childish to me and just disrespectful to the business that we're all in. Yes, because why do you have to take shots at another worker just because he didn't win a match in a year?
Speaker 1: Guess what, Tony, it's a storyline. It's not real. He was booked to lose.
Speaker 5: So honestly taking jabs at this guy, it's it's to me that just shows you how disrespectful he can be, you know what I mean, just to make his company look better, but it just makes.
Speaker 1: Him look worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think nail on head, right. I mean it's they at this point should be nipping at Vince's or the company formerly owned by Vince's heels. But I think there's some criticism to throw there too. Completely different topic, but I would think that if if I was going to spend nine billion dollars for a company, I'd have a plan in place today, I got the keys, I would hit the ground running. And from what I'm hearing from fans, and again full disclosure, I haven't watched more than thirty seconds here and there of their product in the last two months. Been too busy. But from what I'm hearing from the fans is that it looks as though there's really no plan in place. They just took the keys and said, okay, one hunter running like you want to. Is that accurate?
Speaker 3: Sort of, It's like it's like almost like some people had like the ideas that they've always wanted to bring to the forefront and they just kind of were able to use them now. So kind of like that, but I don't know, it's kind of hard to say. It's like it's almost like they finally got the clearest to be like, all right, the old guy's gone, let's kind of do whatever we can now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I mean it's you know, it's you got one guy like Franny just hit the nail on the head, you know, trying to play like the guerrilla Warfare tactic. As one of the companies that's been on the air for three years national television and has shown no propensity to grow that company. It looks like desperation, right, Remember Fannie, when Paul kept wanting me to do the Flair stuff, and I kept saying, it's clear he's not coming. It looks desperate for us, right, And he wanted me to keep doing it and you know, we had that argument over it, same thing, like we there's a time to cut and run and move on. And they need to focus at this point on whatever the hundreds of millions of dollars invested so far. They need to figure out how to make that investment and get a return on that investment. And h Keyko or Endeavor whoever, I don't know which one is the parent company, but they need to figure out what it is they want to do with that nine billion they just spent. It's uh, you know, it's it keeps going back to what we've talked about for years on a Triple Threat podcast and other places. There is a massive audience built in to professional wrestling that has been completely ignored and worse than that, you know, given a little more, let me there, we go get the nice you know, that's basically what our industry is saying to that forty eight to fifty million fans, and it's sort of just see a child Tata. They've they've left, and nobody but nobody's even thinking about them, let alone figuring out how to get back. Ww's make it still making a ton of money, right that had the most profitable year from what I'm reading, Uh, if if that's true, what if they would do something to get some of that forty eight to fifty million fans back, and what if they w would sort of court them in some way and get them up. They probably get the ratings beyond that three to eight hundred thousand range that nobody is paying attention to. That is, like, to me, incredibly perplexing.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear an adult talk about wrestling. Oh, I used to watch that stuff, like when I was a teenager. That's the most the sentence I keep hearing. It's the same one from different people all the time. Yeah, I used to watch that back in the day. I don't watch it anymore. Like to me, people they don't think it's cool anymore. Like I don't know how to explain that they're still a market for it, obviously, because you know people are still tuning in, but like you said, the numbers aren't there like they were years ago. And you know, it's kind of like some guy or even embarrassed to admit they were wrestling fans at one point, which I.
Speaker 1: Don't get that.
Speaker 2: It's like, you like what you like, you know, wrestling movies, whatever, you're into your dungeons and dragons.
Speaker 1: Who cares. If you like it, you like it, and that's me. But when you talk to these people like people.
Speaker 2: Will like, you know, if I meet like my Oh, I went to uh my husband's where he grew up, and there were people there that we were talking to.
Speaker 1: Oh, you used to wrestle? Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know, I like that when I was like seven, and I go, Okay, that's fine, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But to me it comes off nowadays like it's not the cool thing to like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like what did they switch over and get into all those millions of people?
Speaker 1: What are they into now?
Speaker 4: UFC right, remember this point where there were so moose in the company pushing to take wrestling more in that realistic direction as the rest of the industry was flying off the cartoon land. And the UFC is massive. That's how they were a Ford nine billion. But they excuse me for the WWE. I wonder though, first of all, to support what you just said. How many times have we been at a table and somebody comes up and says, oh, I used to love watching you guys, and you or I will ask them do you still watch and it's all, okay, I got a rock, you know what I mean, the plane goes down in flames. Yeah, I watched my kids. And you know, my kids had grown up in the dressing rooms. They loved being around the business. Uh, they used to really enjoy I think, just you know, they thought they were important. They could come and go as they wanted and get a hot dog when they wanted or whatever. When they walked away from wrestling coincide with the time that they both started wrestling amateur and uh, and I remember it like being like literally today tomorrow, thing today. Up until today, they loved it. Every day they were out on the front stoop playing with their friends and the wrestling rings and the video games and all of that. And suddenly tomorrow they didn't. They just stopped and it was UFC for them. But for others. You know, kids, you've got kids, There's gonna come a time when your kids a little bit younger than mine, they're gonna find music, they're gonna find girls and boys, and they're gonna find a whole slew of lot of things, cars and whatever else. And you know when that happens, other things fall by the wayside, and that's that's the real look, see right to the what wrestling had always been. I started watching wrestling at six seven years old, and I've been a fan since you started watching wrestling. All three of us here started watching wrestling young, grew up watching it, and now we've got into the industry and worked alongside of it. But I still can watch great wrestling. You know, pull something up old or whatever. Somebody sends me something and I watch it. I still learn from the stuff. You know, you're watching an old Harley match or you know, an old Bruno match or something. You know, Wow, you just see that they're thinking in the ring. But that's gone. You know, we've seen our industry. I think it's now more transitory. The kids come in at six, seven, eight years old, they watch it for a couple of years and they sort of mature and say, oh, hey, there's girls, there's boys, there's cars, there's music, there's UFC, there's all these other things going on, and that I think is a bad slap in our business and what's being presented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I hear so much negativity about the sport, and part of me gets enraged because there is still a part of me because I love it, you know what I mean, I still that's what I did for the last thirty years and that's what I continue to do. So I'm offended at one point, but then the other half of me.
Speaker 1: Goes, I kind of get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like I kind.
Speaker 2: Of see where they're coming from, especially with today's product. So you know, there was a time when I I didn't even have cable and Monday night Raw would be on and I used to run up the street to my girlfriend's house for that hour and watch hers because I didn't have it.
Speaker 4: And then I did you guys cat fight?
Speaker 1: No, I was in the business back then. I would just run because I wanted to see it.
Speaker 2: And I would run up the street and I would sit and they you know, her mom was great, she was like my second mother.
Speaker 1: She would let me watch it and then she watched me run down the street. I'd go home.
Speaker 2: Right, That's how much I just adored the sport. And now I can't even sit there and watch it. And it's no again, no offense to anybody working, but I think at this stage in my life, I'm just doing different things. I have different obligations and I'm not as obsessed as I used to be, because I used to be obsessed with it. You know, we would drive and all we talk about our spots and what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: It was constantly running through my brain.
Speaker 2: Maybe because I'm not working, you know, ringside, although we do have two shows coming up with that we're.
Speaker 1: Going to plug and I'm freaking out over them. Just to lay I have to do stuff and it's killing me.
Speaker 4: But you know, one little power bomb off the top road table.
Speaker 1: That is not happening. Well, you know, you get into like the older you get, you get a different mind free and you know, there's just certain things that I think about now that are way more important than professional wrestling, and you know, family and kids of course, life, and so I get the transition onto other things.
Speaker 2: But you know, when people talk about it in a negative way, I want to punch them in the face. I'm like, ew, you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be crude about it, you know what I mean. So, you know, there's.
Speaker 4: How many times how many times have you heard me say in interviews and including our podcast probably on here, I'm not indicting the kids, it's you know, when we've both been there when you're a kid in this business, unless somebody takes you by the nose and explains to you when to do those big bumps, when to take this or do this move or not do it? Speed up, slow down. At Dominic's, Jim, we learned how to do the moves. And it wasn't I didn't learn the business like actually wrestling and telling a story till I was on the road. And and I've said this so many times, it's like that goes in my own brain. If it weren't for the pez Wattley's and the black Barts and the Dick Slators and Murdocks and all those guys, you would have never met me. You guys would never have known me. The fans would never have known me. Because everything that I learned that I would apply later came from being in the ring with those guys. And these kids, bless their hearts, they have never been given that opportunity. So I was asking a kid again, name irrelevant. Last summer, Moose was having a show down there in Kentucky and he was a fan of mine and came up and introduced himself and we started talking, and I said he'd been in the busines us for four years. The first question was how many matches per year? How many matches have you had in those four years? And it was something like sixty seven or sixty eight and four years? And I asked him, I said, have you ever been in the ring with the guy with twenty years experience? And he said, yeah? Said how many times? He said, one time with Al Snow? And I thought, so four years. This kid had been in the ring one time with the guy with a lot of experience. Again, in my day, would have been passing all those guys I just mentioned. You know, if me and mit fully had gone on the road together and only ever worked with each other, what could I possibly have learned from him or he from me? We were at the same level. There was none we could teach you about each other. But you know, so I always looked at stress. I'm not indicting the kids, but when you have a dresser room full of guys back there that have all proven themselves on deck for decades that you know, drawing money, telling stories and surviving in this business, if you make to the top of this pile in this business, you clearly know something. Because there's a whole lot of people that don't. It just perplexes me that anybody would think that there's nothing I can learn from talking to Francie and or Shane or anybody that has that thirty forty years in. It's just a head scratcher. And so, you know, there's that push and show. And the last time was at an aw show in Pittsburgh. One of the kids came up and please don't mist understand. He was not being disrespectful. He was, I think, trying to explain, you know, me and Taz and we started talking, and his son Hook was there, and Jerry came over, and Dean came over, and different people were coming over, and suddenly there's this little crowd of people and Taz and I started talking about my angle, and one of the kids said to me, see franchise, that's the difference. Like back in when you guys worked, the fans still believed in the business, but everybody knows it's to work now, so it doesn't have to make sense. And I looked at Taz, really just say that to me, like jokingly, and so I asked the kid, you know, trying to be funny. I guess it didn't quite land the way I thought it would. I said, there's a movie I used to watch when I was a kid. Have you ever heard a little movie called Star Wars? Because oh my god, I love Star Wars. I said, okay, so you know what a lightsaber is, and you know what the millennial falcon is, and see three po in Darth Vader's mask because yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I said, well, why does Disney spend two three hundred million bucks per on special effects? I mean they can put you out the actors with a broomstick and put the sound effect over it and you just imagine that it's a light saber, or put a ten bucket on the actor playing Darth Vader's head, et cetera. And the kids look at me like I'm like I'm crazy, And I said they do that because not going they'd want ry to put two three hundred million bucks in the bank. I assure you they do that because they want you to suspend disbelief, to go to that place that doesn't exist. And in our business. I told the kid, I said, if you're telling yourself before you go out that curtain, none of this has to make sense. You've already defeated yourself before you've walked through that curtain. I hope he listened and learned and he's learning from it. But again, it's just a completely different industry. All that talent in the dressing room that could could, you know, allow them to sit into the learning tree. None of them are in the ring. Billy gun a bit, but uh, none of them are in the for the most part, not in the ring. So they can't literally get in there and say, Okay, I'm gonna teach you time we go out there. Here's here's how we're going to do this. And and it's a shame because the kids, again I've said this so many times and I meet it from the bottom of my heart. They are so incredibly athletic that if somebody would just make them learn their craft, imagine the stories they could tell with that athleticism.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think there was a missed opportunity not hiring a certain franchise to be.
Speaker 2: A coach, because you know, I think there's youngins into shape anders.
Speaker 3: You know, Shane, I didn't realize I saw a match from I think it was last summer that you worked the match, but Adam Cole was in the corner of you. I had never seen that before. What was his role at that show? Because he's taken on such a role there in aw as a top guy, but like, what did the guys at that show kind of treat him?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: He came in and was respectful. Uh, you know, he was seemingly like took his segment of that and then worked on it. But here there wasn't a whole ton of communication. Uh you know, so he uh how do I put it without making this sound good or bad? I mean just describing it. Uh, he he came It was almost like he came there and filled his role. You know. It was uh yeah, I think he was trying not to be like seemingly disrespectfully. You know the look first of all these kids today, the twenty twenty five, they can't make eye contact, so you know, you get a whole lot of this. But he was he was pretty uh conversational and uh you know, and I can't remember. I'm gonna go back and ask Mose. I can't remember why he wasn't working that night.
Speaker 1: He's been injured a lot.
Speaker 3: It was it was a weird spot, but he's coming off.
Speaker 1: Of he was injured and then he got injured again.
Speaker 2: So maybe they just brought him in as a name, but he really couldn't do anything.
Speaker 3: He was physical, He was physical, He hit a move, he he laid somebody out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why didn't they bring him into work work?
Speaker 3: That's why it was so weird. But I was wondering what.
Speaker 1: He probably could do something, you know, how you work around your injuries.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, so maybe maybe that's what happened, But I didn't see it, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just yeah, it's that's a year ago is ten million years ago to me? I'm sure specific.
Speaker 1: But he uh he had for breakfast this morning.
Speaker 4: You have no idea it is a coffee, Yeah, coffee. I always coffee for certain Yes. Uh. I also heard that Kenny Omega is uh yeah, the diverticulitis and you know it's a elt. Yeah, that's you know that that's I had a person I grew up with, one of my friends in the neighborhood. She's had that life long and you know, we've talked quite a bit about it. And you know, that's no joke. I mean that's a really pretty serious thing and at some point if it gets you know, I don't know the modalities today, how what the treatments are. But back then, her big concern was that she would start losing pieces of her intestines and uh, you know, so, I mean that gets pretty serious. And I said, look, when Kenny first got it, had all those injuries needed surgeries. Uh I. I think it was on the Franchise podcast where I said, you know, that's as somebody who's had you know, a long list of surgeries. You know, you can bounce back from a certain number, but once you get like over seven eight nine surgeries, it starts getting harder. And you know, as you're getting older, that gas thing goes empty a lot quicker. And uh, you know, and like I said in my podcast, like a message to him was, you know, I understand, And I noticed for these kids impossible like it was for us to understand. There's going to come a time when you hit that ripled age like we have thirty nine, and you know, you still want to be able to get out and like in your case, out in the pool with your friend, your your kids and I you know me, you know, playing like an idiot with the NERF guns and the you know, balls and stuff in the backyard. There there is life after wrestling. And so, uh, you know, hopefully I wish them the best of luck on that because that's a tough tough thing to deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's sad. Let's let's uh change the tied to something happy. We today were announced for Wressel Con.
Speaker 4: Yes, finally, where is it this here?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you where do we have to go? It's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, And I was like, they're they're announcing everybody, where are we?
Speaker 1: So there's there's this strapping young buck right there. That was your announcement.
Speaker 4: Today, Handsome Devil.
Speaker 1: Actually you were. You were announced two days ago. I was announced today, But did the drummerroll first? I don't think you got it circumstance.
Speaker 4: Be honest with us. Now, full disclosure here the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Me absolutely not comment.
Speaker 3: Right there, it says great announcement, looking forward to meeting the franchise, But how are you going to announce Shane without the lovely E CW diva?
Speaker 4: Fred?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah, I was nowhere to be found. So I'm like, hello, am I booked?
Speaker 4: You would be shocked in Chaddy and how many times people book us? And like like at the gathering. What was that last year? The year before Francine was appearing with with him man.
Speaker 1: I was appearing with Bill after.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah Bill after, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw that who I love.
Speaker 4: It's great, but but I mean how many hello? We were both there I used to work with remember that it was.
Speaker 1: And the promoters promoter there I A promoters will say to me, oh, yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: Do you still look at that quaff?
Speaker 1: I know that was the porn star hair. I love that. Yeah. Promoters are still like, oh do you and Shane still talk?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 1: I go what?
Speaker 2: And then somebody said, oh, you worked with Shane before.
Speaker 1: I looked them like, are you what? I don't understand. Oh, I'm a big ec W fan. Oh you worked with Sene Douglas. Did you watch the show? I mean you missed the big chunk of that year. It's battles me. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But anyway, they announced us today, so we'll be appearing all three days. They also announced us uh for icons, which.
Speaker 1: We'll be doing double duty.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna high tail it out of.
Speaker 4: This one more one more power bomb.
Speaker 1: You're nuts. Look, this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're working with al Snow for battleground. Uh, Night of the Extreme two or something like that. The spot that I'm gonna do is I'm just gonna steal ahead and take her to the back, not come back out alert.
Speaker 4: That's all you're doing, So let me drop an elbow on.
Speaker 1: I'm going nothing. I'm just gonna take head and I'm gonna I'm telling you, don't do my entrance. Waive it everyone, steal head and I'm on my way. So you're on your head? Yes, goodbye?
Speaker 4: Am I going? I can't get my hand in the right. Is that the way you do it?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: That? Is that it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just did, Shane.
Speaker 3: You guys have had some tag matches you you and l against each other, But have you had many one on ones since ninety seven?
Speaker 4: No one that I can remember in Blah Detroit the day that got thrown out of the building and.
Speaker 3: The day yeah that was the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh he dominict for setting up and he was talking about somebody he is a politician, show remained nameless and I had told him I had voted for that person, and he about lost his mind. He started going great. Dominic Walker was, hey, can take East. You're gonna have a stroke.
Speaker 3: That's the day he slapped Santino.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there was a slap. Yeah, he got grazy. We had left. I had taken Dominic back to the hotel because it was afternoon. We were setting up, and I took Dominic to the hotel and we came back and it was here what happened to?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 4: What happened? I was likely smokes.
Speaker 1: Why did he smack him?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, long, some kind of you know Corney's opinionated, you know corny.
Speaker 3: Okay, So back in ov w Uh, Jim Cornett was trying to get over the Boogeyman as a as a scary character, and he had Santino in the crowd and Santino was laughing. Okay, So he took him in the back and he chewed him out and he has held a ground on him ever since. So he saw him at that show. They talked trash back and forth for years, and he saw him at that show and he slapped the piss out of him.
Speaker 1: And why he got ejected from you got thrown out?
Speaker 4: Yeah he should have taken dominant advice, take easy kid, Yeah, that all I.
Speaker 1: Needed to do. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're booked on a bunch of stuff together, So get ready. There are a number of shows coming up. The big one was the Russell Khan announcement, which I wanted to say, but everybody knows to go to my Twitter. Shane doesn't go online.
Speaker 1: You have to follow me and you have to I feel them and everything.
Speaker 4: But so I've got to barry Franny here for a second because everybody calls it a queen of extreme and I recently learned that there was one hundred and six year old woman who drank one hundred and six shots of fireball. And you know, I've never seen Franny do more than twenty, so she's.
Speaker 1: He called me up after, uh, the after I did my virtual and I was like, oh my god, I'm so sick. And he's like, what's the matter. And I was like, oh, I did like eight shots of the fireball and I feel so ill. And then he sends me that old lady. I'm like, oh, and this is such a work shots. She crippled.
Speaker 4: You can crust you crust you. You got jogged by the by the centenarian.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you we are also booked for the Bash at Beckley in West Virginia. Dude, and Gary said he has the moonshine ready.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you gonna tell that story?
Speaker 1: You can tell that story, but you have to you have to come in early. I'm coming in the day before. You have to come in the day before.
Speaker 4: I'll get down there. Yeah, it's just so that the wrestlcade two years ago. There we are a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, Fran do I look like you smacked me across the face. I look like I have a black eye.
Speaker 4: Now that's your.
Speaker 1: I look like I have a black eye for some reason. I don't know. Anyway, Yeah, I invented the duck lips. But anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So we were invited to Brian Meyer's room and we get there and he had two pretty big uh Mason jars of flavored moonshine. Franky pours herself like a glass, like the whole glass.
Speaker 1: He gave me the jar. He just gave me the Mason jar and it was full.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when you poured it into your cup, you filled the whole cup up like to the top. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I never had time before.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good watermelon. And about five minutes later.
Speaker 1: I chugged it. I chugged it. I did, and Shane.
Speaker 2: It was so loud in that room, like Shane and I were fossils. Everybody was doing something thirty something. Shane and I are like what you said, We're trying to talk to the room. I couldn't even hear him. Right, I'm sitting on the bed with this cup and he goes and I'm just rank it like a normal drink, and everybody was gasping.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well I left the room ram laid down four am. I had the spins.
Speaker 2: I was sick, and then I was up at six with the world's worst headache in the world.
Speaker 1: So now, Heith Slater taught me, you have to put it on ice and you sip it. You sit on a rocking chair on Yeah, So that's what I'm gonna do. Like a lady. I'm just gonna sip it.
Speaker 4: That old lady smoked you. She jobbed you out out of here.
Speaker 2: Man, I was sick as a dog on New Year's Day.
Speaker 4: Oh you're killing your gimmick here for Anny, You're killing your gimmick.
Speaker 1: I am the worst. Anyway, this hour flew by. I can't believe it. I just saw your mug and now you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Do you wanna do you want to plug anything?
Speaker 4: Just a franchise university. It's but there's a story about it. You guys mentioned about the social media earlier. Both my Facebook and my Twitter had been hacked. Like my recovery stuff doesn't work. So if you're well, go through all that again, come on. It's and you know, I don't miss any of it. It's it's nice to just be floating long and doing the stuff. You know. Again, the podcast is doing well enough. I will probably get back on social media when time dictates. It's uh, but I honestly, I I really don't miss it. I know it's important and I just don't have the time for it. If I do that, it's invariably something else I'm not getting done. And it's I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: I'll promote for both of us. We have so much stuff coming up.
Speaker 2: I told I was telling chatter earlier. I said, my god, I have so much up until June and then the second half of the year. We got to get it going.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, but I mean, but we're what we're two weeks into the new year, so.
Speaker 2: Something always comes up. But when you look at your calendar and it's like, oh, you know what I mean, we have a lot of things coming up, and don't worry, I'll promote for the both of us.
Speaker 1: Curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your kids, they ever watch your stuff that you allow them to, or you ever see them ask me this? No, absolutely not Okay. Next time my.
Speaker 2: Son goes, mom, I think you have too much showing. I know I have to go downstairs and work. He goes, yeah, but I think you should cover up.
Speaker 4: A frock. You need a frock.
Speaker 1: I need a movement. Always what I needed, love me go get my Uh where are they called, uh the doilies that you put over uh depens.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's the women wear a modesty panel. That's what it's called. It's a modesty panel and you can clip it like in your shirt and it covers your chest.
Speaker 1: That's what I need to get as a modesty panel. I suppose you never heard of a modesty panel.
Speaker 3: I can't say I have.
Speaker 4: I think they used to call those bibs.
Speaker 2: Now I'm telling you, well, I did Brian Alvarez his live Yeah, it went really well and a very short amount of time. So they're going to have me on for the full hour next month. I literally had five minutes.
Speaker 1: Shall it was real quick. Uh.
Speaker 2: But he said, every time you say eyes up here, I get nervous. And I said, well, I said you should. I said, because you know your eyes should be up here. And he goes, how many times have you heard that out a signing like the eyes up here? I said, oh, I've said it all the time. And then the guy will say, well, look at what you're wearing, and I.
Speaker 1: Go to chet, Yeah, what am I supposed to do? I can't cover up? These are the moneymakers, Dodge, Perry Thrust any who do you want to plug Connor's gig?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That little ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's again welcome to that artistic brain. But I know he's in His group is called Dan do Vans d A N D O O V E I N S like in your arm. They're in the studio today. They went to Atlanta and they're working with I don't remember the guy's name, am with names, but he's like a fairly big producer and they're gonna be recording four songs and they'll be releasing those. So he's he's pretty excited about it. You know, obviously, I'm a proud father. But their music, I mean there's something there. You've heard their music, I mean it's it's not just strumming a guitar or whatever. These kids are pretty talented. And I have a college buddy that had gone to Nashville years ago and he became a big songwriter, wrote some pretty big songs and it was pretty well known. And so I'm gonna connect those two because he's in Nashville now and get those two together. But Dan do Veins. Go any any music outlet. You can check out some of their first four songs, four or five songs they put out. But they'll be releasing these songs fairly soon on the Imagining Party within the next month, and they're available all the all the music outlets.
Speaker 1: So talk about open invite when he's ready. Yeah, I want him on the show.
Speaker 4: And you know, well, I'm just gonna warn you. I mean, he's a talented kid. But the old man got the looks. Believe every time I every time I say that, both my boys go.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, buddy, well I will I'll talk. I'll probably talk to you tomorrow because that's how we all. But I appreciate you coming on. Everybody go over and check you out.
Speaker 1: Franchise University on YouTube with James right, James is your co host. Yeah, go and subscribe if you haven't. And always a pleasure to my friend.
Speaker 3: The second best looking co host he ever had.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you guys, Ma, I'm good seeing you again. I'll talk to you soon later, Buddy, I will see you guys. Everybody, bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: First is me, of course?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that what it was? It was me spoiler.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always good talking to my friend the franchise, who I talk to every day of my life anyway.
Speaker 3: So that those are my my pinch me moments, my my two best buds in the world, the Queen of extreme in the franchise.
Speaker 1: I just want to do this to you right now. What do you got going on?
Speaker 4: Anything?
Speaker 3: Well, I can announce it now here on the airwaves of Eyes up here. The first signing for IB Exclusives in twenty twenty four is private signing with a returning guest beating up Scottie. William Shatner returns IB Exclusives for a third time. This April. We will be meeting with William Shatner again. I'll have all the details coming to my Twitter to ibexclusives dot com. So if you've never participated in private signing before, what you do is you send in an item to get signed, or we provide you an item to get signed. But all that information will be on my website. So you can go to ibexclusive dot com or my Twitter which is at Chad, E and B.
Speaker 1: That's great. Are you going to get them to come on the podcast?
Speaker 3: I wish? But that is out of the pay grade.
Speaker 1: That is terrible.
Speaker 3: I wish, I wish. No media says it in the contract.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow me on social media, you can do so at ECW Diva fran Scene. If you haven't already, go on over to our YouTube channel, ECW Diva fran Scene.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button. If you choose to do so, you could be a channel member for only five ninety nine. There's exclusive content.
Speaker 2: But if you don't want to do that and you know you want something for free, just hit the subscribe button. We're so close to ten thousand subscribers we need your help.
Speaker 1: Go over and hit it. And if you're not following us on iHeart or on any of the other platforms, please follow or subscribe and support eyes up here. I hope you all are staying safe. I hope you're staying healthy. Most of all, I hope you are staying extreme.