Speaker 1: It seems like we're always gonna be talking about Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: I want to stop it.
Speaker 1: I look through the news and I scratch out soon as I see the name Kyrie, as soon as I see the name Durant, as soon as I see the name Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: I try to just delete it. But this one, this one caught my eye this time.
Speaker 1: It deals with I mean, it's always Kyrie, isn't it. If it's not Kevin Durant just wanting out, it's Kyrie. He's in the news due to what's popping in Los Angeles. More on that in a second, But today Kyrie is trending on social media for another reason altogether, connecting to Los Angeles as well.
Speaker 2: Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 1: And let's be honest, Like, if you watch Winning time, you know Kareem's got a high sense and standard for what the role of an athlete should be. He even imparted that on Magic to the point where he was mad at Magic for smiling all the time. So when I read this story, I was like, Okay, it's just Kareem being kream.
Speaker 2: I saw the headline, I saw the quote.
Speaker 1: I didn't really look too far into it until I decided I would talk about it on this show, and at first it was.
Speaker 2: Like, man, can you just leave Kyrie Irving alone?
Speaker 1: So Kareem decides, I see this quote basically calling Kyrie a buffoon.
Speaker 2: What could lead him? Why? Why is he doing that right now? Why would he do that?
Speaker 1: The NBA's all time leading scorer decided to weigh on weigh in on Kyrie because, and this is where it gets bad. Kyrie Irving decided he was going to post repost and Alex Jones video from two thousand and two purporting to claim that things like COVID were planted by the government, that plagues would be planted intentionally for financial gain, and I believe the comment on top was someone saw it before everyone else or something to that degree, basically praising Alex Jones for spreading disinformation as a quick aside disinformation, misinformation very nuanced. One is intentional misleading, the other one is not.
Speaker 2: Kyrie though you.
Speaker 1: Can't do that. At this point, we baby, what are you doing? I was so ready to defend you, like, oh, you know, Kyrie, he doesn't mean any harm. He's a man that's just trying to be in tune with the universe.
Speaker 2: He's a little offbeat.
Speaker 1: He's marching to the beat of his own drum. He wants to be an activist. Why is Kareem getting all over Kyrie?
Speaker 2: You know what? I agree? I agree with Kareem. This is the full quote.
Speaker 1: Kyrie Irving would be dismissed as a comical buffoon if it weren't for his influence over young people.
Speaker 2: Who look up to athletes.
Speaker 1: How much influence does Kyrie have over like a nine year old right now? Truthfully, as an aside, when I look at some of the athletes who have used their status to actually improve society, Colin Kaepernick, Lebron James Muhammad, Ali, Bill Russell, Billy Jean King, Arthur Ash and Moore. When you create a list by the way of like seven, you don't need to say it more.
Speaker 2: It's really just like Lebron, Muhammad, Ali, Bill Russell, and Moore.
Speaker 1: It becomes clear moving on, it becomes clear how much Irving has tarnished the reputations of all athletes who strive to be seen as more than dumb jocks. Kareem then, I mean, actually I don't necessarily agree with that full quote, but he then goes on to say Alex Jones is one of the most despicable human beings on Earth, and when you share his video, you share his stench. That part, that part, Alex Jones is a scumbag. I think that's pretty much. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Say words like scumbag anymore.
Speaker 1: But if there was someone who would fall under that umbrella, it would be Alex Jones. He's very harmful, He's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: He has a massive platform.
Speaker 1: He gets people to buy in to his lies in order for them to do whatever he wants to do, so he can make hundreds of millions of dollars. Kyrie, stop it. We can't have people out here. This is like part of the flat Earth thing. Like Kyrie is a conspiracy theorist and he's not smart enough or well researched enough to be able to be spouting things. It's him and Joe Rogan and all these bros that have just enough information to be danger You're too good with the basketball to be like supporting Alex Jones. That's pretty much it. You are too good with the rock to be spreading that bullshit. It makes it almost impossible to cheer for you.
Speaker 2: No wonder, No wonder that.
Speaker 1: La Lakers say that you are no longer in their long term plans. Moving on to that now, apparently someone in the Lakers organization is peddling the idea that they are not interested in Kyrie serving long term next season. The Athletic reported an anonymous source declared that Kyrie is quote not in the Lakers' long term plans. Outside of this Alex Jones nonsense.
Speaker 2: Does anyone really believe that?
Speaker 1: Does anyone who's watched Russell Westbrook, Dennis Shrewder, Patrick Beverly? Is there another point guard I'm missing Austin Reefs believe that any of those guys are even on the same planets? Were flat earth as Kyrie Irving? No shot a team that gave up their half their team to.
Speaker 2: Bring on Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: You don't think that they want Kyrie Irving just for free agency, just to pay in the money, no picks, no assets, No.
Speaker 2: We're good. Are you serious? That is such a lie.
Speaker 1: That's maybe one of the most blatantly obvious lies I've seen from the Lakers in a long time, outside of the fact that they said, I don't know, we're not shopping Russ, which is.
Speaker 2: Also a lie. And if as you've seen this article. Just keep in mind that Lebron James has also.
Speaker 1: Seen this article and probably walked immediately into Genie Bus' article office and said, hey, do you see this.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on the fact that we are not interested in Kyrie long term?
Speaker 1: Because I personally Lebron James very interested in like Kyrie long term. We wont a title together. We had many good years, we went to multiple finals. He's the only guy I got a ring with in Cleveland, So I mean, what's that? And she's probably stammering, and she's probably backpedaling, and she's probably saying, whatever you want, we will do. And that is the way that it is in Lebron james business. Very suspect information. Not sure why it's coming out now. Where could this sourcing be coming from? Well, probably someone who wants to assert themselves as being in charge or powerful or a decision maker. It has come to my attention there are new players involved in the collaborative process within the Lakers organization, Joey and Jesse Buss.
Speaker 2: Has anyone heard those.
Speaker 1: Names in like fifteen years since the last time they staged a coup to try to get rid of Genie Buss. I thought that they were out like trout, but they are now, according to this athletic article, an integrative, an integral part of the decision making process. So if it was me who just got a powerful new role, maybe I would pull up my Rolodex and call a reporter start leaking some shit. We're not interested in that flat earth there, Kyrie Irving, he's not in our plans.
Speaker 2: It's like hmmm.
Speaker 1: And if it is Rob Polinka, which it could be, GM of the Los Angeles Lakers, I mean he's just continuously a.
Speaker 2: Liar, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's an agent. That's what they do. That's all that's all they do is lie. He said, oh yeah, Frank Vogel won't be fired. We're not shopping Russell Westbrook. He's gone on. And oh, Anthony Davis is gonna be healthy for the postseason. Anthony Davis is healthy right now. We're committed to Kyle Kuzman. There's been so many things. Don't believe anything coming out of Los Angeles. I mean, it's all smoke and mirrors and spin and pr this.
Speaker 2: Is what they do.
Speaker 1: And the thing that I don't understand is they think they're good at it, like they think that they are good at these like very non believable lies. We all know you want Kyrie. Lebron wants Kyrie. Kyrie wants to be in LA. There's no reason to refute that nine months before any decisions need to be taking place. They think they're sneaky with ad also saying he wants to play eighty two games this season, and then he's immediately.
Speaker 2: Listed as doubtful or probable for the preseason game.
Speaker 1: It's like, Bra, you have to be completely in all the Russell Westbrook drama, Darvin Hams trying to bring discipline to this franchise. They say it's gonna be very long. It's gonna be a very fascinating season.