Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the feeling of being right never get sold. So keep the season rolling on Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We're in the fake of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry.
Speaker 1: That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week ten of football with something lots of upsets. Bill's Miami, I'm all laying on devon a chan all day, baby, more and more and more. Man, that guy's really special. Prize Pick is the only app that offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Wanna pick more on Josh Allen's pass yards, rush yards, touchdowns? Now you can pick all of them in the same lineup only on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats, and if you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today, use cold shunning to get fifth in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup on prize Picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC, Shannon Sharp, and that is my partner and co host, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler and an All Pro that is Chad Ochosenko Johnson. Johnny will be joining us shortly as you watch the number five Georgia Bulldogs run rough shot over the number ten Texas Longhorn by the score of thirty five to ten. Georgia scored twenty seven twenty one in the fourth court order to pull away from what was close ball game probably could have been closer had Texas receivers held onto the ball earlier.
Speaker 2: O Jo.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of big, huge drops that didn't do Texas any favorites, but Georgia pull away late and win but comfortably thirty five to ten.
Speaker 2: We got somebody joining us for the very first time in a long time.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's ups?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Twin, I ain't seen you in a minute.
Speaker 4: Where we been at?
Speaker 2: He said? I've been hiding, But guess what I'm about to do? He said?
Speaker 1: My favorite thing, pop tart. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, do it a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth. Thanks to use Nightcap It to become the phenomenon that it is, and only because of you will will continue to grow. So thank you again very much for your support. Make sure you check out Shae by Laportier. Just head over to Laportier Kanyak dot com. If you can't find it an a city or state near you, order it online will shipping directly to your door. The best tasting premium bisop Kanyak on the market. Try it compared against others and you'll see what we know to be true. We do have the best tasting premium vessl pe Kanyak I want to thank each and everyone that showed up to Lee's Liquor on East Flamingo last night, thirty four eighty East Flamingo Road. Thank you guys for showing up and having support. We really really appreciate that. Go follow my media company on all of its platforms. That's Shape Shape Media. Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. As I mentioned earlier, Johnny Manziel will be joining us a little later and running back Keewan Lacy from Old Mess as he broke the Old Mess single season touchdown rushing record today.
Speaker 2: But first, the game that you just watched, the.
Speaker 1: Number five Georgia Bulldogs look really, really impressive and might have been the most impressive team thus part today other than Ohio State. But this was a level of competition that Ohio State did not face. Thatwithstanding the number five Georgia Bulldogs thanks to Gunner Stockton.
Speaker 2: Twenty four to twenty nine, two twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Four touchdowns, he did have the one turnover, but they pull away late, scoring twenty one points in the fourth quarter and they win this ball game comfortably o Cho by the score of thirty five to ten. Arch Mannon was twenty seven to forty three, two fifty one, one touchdown won an exception. Texas just could not run the football. They could not get anything on the ground. Established ol Cho seventeen rushes, twenty three total yards. They had some costly drops earlier that could have kept some drives alive, but you can't when you're dealing with a team like Georgia and they're playing at home under the lights. Every opportunity that comes before you, you got the capitalize on your Texas wasn't able to do that, and Georgia pulled away. Ojo watching this ball game, what did you like about?
Speaker 4: Which is verb?
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: Defensively, they have the pressure on. They didn't allow Texas to run the ball. They played they played very well on defense, you know, on on the back end, the secondary. But honestly, the way the score line shows, it really wasn't like it wasn't really like that until the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: This was the close game.
Speaker 4: This was the game where Texas could have actually you know.
Speaker 5: Came back and made it a little bit more competitive, actually had a chance to win it if some of those plays had been made, you know, from their receivers.
Speaker 4: The receivers are too good. The receivers are too good.
Speaker 5: When when you think about texts, you think about all the receivers that have come out of Texas, you you would hope that that that train of of of of elite talent continued.
Speaker 4: They just don't look the same. They don't. They don't look the same. They have some big names. I expect a lot out of Wingo, more from him. But it's just it was bad.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 4: They stunk with the.
Speaker 5: Place early in the game, which then give them a chance. And it was a great play, a great play called by Kirby Smart too, when they scored that touchdown to go for that on side.
Speaker 4: When they went for that on side, that took the win out.
Speaker 5: That took the win out of Texas, when they were able to score on that drive to after one for that on side.
Speaker 4: And it was a good game.
Speaker 5: Arch Arch played Okay, he didn't play bad. They were two for twelve on third downs.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, George, he played.
Speaker 1: He played well early, O Joe. And that's like you're not talking about. It was those drops early on third down, O Joe. You stayed on the field. The thing I mean you got, you got Georgian kind of reeling. You got okay, we got thirty management. We got a shallow cross and he got drops it. We got another where Andy drops it, and we have another where and he drops it. You cannot make those kinds of mistakes when you're playing the team as well coached and as many four and five star players as the Bulldogs have. You have to cash in on every opportunity that's presented to you because if you don't, you know, if you make a mistake, they're gonna cash you.
Speaker 2: Hey, how the partner, Johnny? What they do?
Speaker 1: Harry is ladies and gentlemen, host of Glory Days, Hosman Trophy winner Texas saying them aggit Tilly College stations home. That's the Johnny football Johnny, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Howdy? How are we doing? Having a very aggty day to day?
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, y'all scammed me for a minute, Johnny, y'all, y'all scam me for a minute.
Speaker 2: They had them scared too. I was scared until we got in the locker room. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Lord sels was thinking about, Johnny. I don't know how much of this game you saw. But I thought Texas played really well early and it had some opportunities to cash in on third down and keep some drives alive. I thought al tre Mannion played really, really well early in this ball game. He put the ball on target, the offensive line did a pretty good job of protecting him. But when you play a team, the number five team in the country, you're in their building, with those four and five star athletes and as well coached as they are, you can't leave that many opportunities on the field because when they get their opportunities, they're gonna punish you for I.
Speaker 6: Mean, you saw it happen in real life, real time. Listen, Georgia up in their ears back. If they get that kind of attitude and they're coming down hill at you, you're gonna have a long day. You allowed Georgia to get comfortable and play their game, You're going to have a long.
Speaker 2: Day if you let them get in that mode.
Speaker 6: But if you can keep them on their heels, get the QB off game a little rattle, get them messed up and mixed up with some stuff, have some frustration, you have a chance with them. That's what we've seen throughout this year. But if you let them get comfortable and do their thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, boys, you know, you know what I don't like to man when I think about it.
Speaker 5: We talk about arching, and normally you want to see ars play very well in games like this, and the fact that Georgia was able to make the goddamn Longhorns one dimensional where they couldn't run the ball really at all. They didn't have any success doing there, so they had to go through the air, and.
Speaker 4: Arts played really well.
Speaker 5: He played really well throwing the ball in the air, even though that defense was suffocating at times. But the goddamn the receivers they wouldn't They weren't catching the goddamn ball.
Speaker 2: They weren't catching they weren't doing anything. I think the thing of Choe.
Speaker 1: The problem with Texases is that they haven't been able to run the football all year, which is very uncharacteristic of a star team.
Speaker 2: He likes to be balanced.
Speaker 1: He knows in order for you to win, you have to have some level of balance, and they had none today, and so Georgia was just able to like, look, we just gonna come get you. You can't run the football, We're gonna play the run on the way to your quarterback because we realize the way your team is built, you need to be able to throw the football, you can't run it. So we're not even worried about Hey, don't even pay no attention to the run. Just they just keep gap integrity and go hunt the quarterback, and that's what they were able to do. I thought Texas did a good job Johnny and Ojo of stopping Georgia's run because we know the Bulldogs run to run the football.
Speaker 2: Kirby really likes balance.
Speaker 1: He wants to run the football, play action off of that, but he wants to get after you with his defense. I thought Texas did a good job of shutting down the run for the most part, but when they had their opportunities to potentially stay on the field and put points on the board, they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: They had three four.
Speaker 1: Drops in the first half, and I thought that was the difference in the ball game early because maybe it could have given them some separation, maybe it gives them the lead. Who knows it, Georgia get out of their game playing, But when they didn't, and then Georgia got in Texas you know, pulled what was it, ten to fourteen, and then the next thing, you know, in the fourth quarter, you go boom.
Speaker 4: Boom, boom, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the Sean Payton. That's that Sean Payton opened the second half of the Super Bowl. They ain't gonna be expected. They're just gonna be happy to get the football. Oh I'm not bad, You're not gonna get it. It's same thing with Texas. You're thinking, oh, they just scored, they're gonna kick the ball off to us. Kirby knows that front line is gonna be leaving early. They left early, and oh they played to win the game. Man, you play you it's all fair.
Speaker 6: You better be on your p's and q's all game, every minute between those lines.
Speaker 2: If you're not a good team, you you you you make a play like that.
Speaker 1: We saw coach Saban do that in the Super Bowl in the all in the National Championship game against Clemson. Remember they scored and they went the on side kick and Marlon Humphrey that guy hit the high bounce and Marlon humphreyking.
Speaker 2: But you better be right. You put a team on a short field.
Speaker 1: Who knows what't happened, But that was that was a gutsy a big time call and only a Kirby Smart. They're only a handful of quarterbacks that know I got the job security to do this, because that's the difference in potentially who knows, Johnny, You know you all of a sudden, you lose this game and now you're on the outside of the college football playoff looking in. I don't think Georgia would have had that problem considering who they've beaten, but it would have bear bear interesting. But give the Bulldogs credit ninety one the five seed. They're gonna move up obviously because Alabama lost and we're gonna get the basketball game.
Speaker 6: This eliminates Texas from all talk of being in the college Yes, but see you boys next season in August.
Speaker 1: But you know, Johnny, look if if, if we can't have fun, we don't want nobody to have fun. The number four Alabama Crimson Tide was upset at home in Tuscaloosa by the number eleven Oklahoma Sooners by the score of twenty three to twenty one. The home sec loss dropped Alabama to six and one in conference play in eight and two overall, while John Mattier and the Sooners improved the four and two in the conference and eight and two on the season. Oklahoma won despite generating only two hundred and twelve yards of offense. It is the fewest since twenty twenty two, oh us fewest then to win since two thousand and one against number five Texas soon as rode a defense which for three turnovers and the tide end of the game, Eli bo Bowden's eighty seven yard i in t return for a touchdown materier fifteen to twenty three, one thirty eight no touchdowns, knowing exceptions. They only had seventy four yards rushing on twenty eight rush attempts. But you get two fumber recoveries and you get a pick six return for a touchdown. And that was the difference in the ball game, because you get ten points off turnovers, and and and and that was really the difference in the ball game. But I told Johnny, oh Joe, I told y'all last week. I said, you're going to be mindful now Vnable's not here his defense. That's how they win their games. They create short bills for their offense and and get scores like that pick six scooping scores like that. But I don't know what y'all, guys. I'm interested to see what you guys think. This is the worst crop of running backs that I've seen Alabama have in a very very long time. They're very marginal in the state the base, and I know they're four and five star recruits, but they are they're not very good.
Speaker 2: And the offensive line, who.
Speaker 4: Well, listen and listen. It's you got to understand.
Speaker 5: And it's nil era and the stay in the stage that we are. Now all the talent, most of the talent always went to Alabama. Now that even the playing field is even and other teams can grab. Just because you're a four or five star doesn't mean you're gonna be that once you get once you get to goddamn college. It does not mean that, you know, I think to me in the sense I think it's overrated sometimes.
Speaker 4: But again, now that the playing field is even, where the talent is.
Speaker 5: Now spread out all over instead of everybody, all the great running backs being at Alabama or being at being at Old Miss or being at Georgia or some of the big you know, PWI schools, Now that all old place.
Speaker 4: That's why it looks the way it looks now.
Speaker 5: Oklahoma played very very good defense, and the difference in the ball game was the turnovers. Alabama doesn't have that kind of offense that could overcome that stuff.
Speaker 4: They don't have.
Speaker 5: They don't have that kind of offense that's explosive like they used to be back in the days when they had hell of running backs, great five real I'm talking about real five star receivers across the board where they could be very explosive and score at will.
Speaker 4: It's not like that. They're not. They don't have that makeup. They don't have that DNA like that.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 5: Listen, Oh, Oklahoma played really well. I mean Materier didn't. He was what fifteen for twenty three, he didn't, he didn't do much.
Speaker 2: For one hundred and thirty six thirty one hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 4: That's it. I mean that they weren't.
Speaker 5: You know, they had thirty Mister Robinson had thirty four yards rushing receiving what I think Carter had three for thirty six.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was it.
Speaker 5: It was I'm not going to call it a sloppy game, but it's a game where the game was decided on those three turnovers because they played very very good defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Look, we watched Jeremiah love what he's doing. It Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: We're used to seeing a guy like that on Alabama sideline for real. We're used to seeing them have a real dog.
Speaker 2: They don't have that.
Speaker 6: Hi Simpson still throws for three hundred and forty six yards. He's the he is the glue that holds that team together. And him still throwing for three forty five and not being able to get the job done because of the turnovers and other things. It's tough because he played well enough from his position to win the football game, for sure, But you come out in the second half and you don't put as many points on the board as you need. You stall some drives and just can't make that one play to get over the hump. Interesting story of what Alabama's going to be to.
Speaker 2: Make the end of the season.
Speaker 6: This obviously mixes some things up, but uh, you know, a very very good win from Oklahoma. I think they're sitting at eleven, so you have to bump them up to a position to.
Speaker 2: Where they're Yeah, they're they're in the mix.
Speaker 6: They're looking pretty I would I would still think Alabama is going to be in the mix as well. Can't knock them too far out of the equation.
Speaker 1: No, no, because that is, like you said, Johnny, that's the number eleven Sea go ahead, number eleven team.
Speaker 5: Eleven team in the country, especially when they comes to the playoffs. They still have two losses? Do they do they take that into consideration at all? Or is Oklahoma going to be a team.
Speaker 1: That well, oh you oh, you have two losses and Alabama has two losses, but oh you beat Alabama.
Speaker 2: I beat you here, d okay? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought Todd Simpson was a little off to day. He missed some throws today.
Speaker 1: He had Barnard wide open in the middle of the field and I don't know if he was throwing it to him or he's throwing the guy running the end cut in the m zone, but he was way over.
Speaker 2: But I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 1: Alabama fans, y'all been getting on o Jo and I something is wrong going on with Williams.
Speaker 2: Ryan Wives is not the same Ojoe. He's not.
Speaker 1: He's not on Yo, he's not. You see it, I see it, Johnny said. Everybody sees it. And don't give me this. That offensive line hasn't been good all year. I don't want to hear nothing about no offensive line. Well, he ain't got no receivers around him. Oh, he got other good receivers around him. So does Jeremiah Smith. And Jeremiah Smith shows up every week and he make plays. Ryan Williams, I don't know. I don't know if he's injured. I don't know if he has something going on outside of football. I just know the guy that I saw last year. I don't even I don't even recognize this guy right now.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what's going don't It has to be something, you know, away from the field.
Speaker 4: It has to be something off the field.
Speaker 5: I hope he didn't allow to start him the fame, you know, in such a short amount of time, to get to him where where he has somewhat of a lack of focus and and and forgot you know, the basic fundamentals of how you got where you are right now.
Speaker 4: You know, to be as young as you are, you.
Speaker 5: Should be legitimately the second blessed college footballiver in football period, behind Jeremy.
Speaker 2: He's not even top ten in the SEC right now.
Speaker 1: He not. I tried to tell O Joe this, Johnny, he not even the best receiver on his own team, but not it is better than he is. Harden is playing better than he is. I get who he is and what he is, and maybe what he is translate better to the NFL. But right now, if I just take them and you don't know anything about it, and you just watch these guys play, just watch him play this year, and you don't know anything about Ryan Willis, you don't know.
Speaker 2: What he did last year. There is no way you're thinking two is better than one in five defense, I have one thing in his defense.
Speaker 6: I will say if Lane Kiffen was the coordinator of this team offense, he would have a player two dialed up against the coverage they know they're getting on third and five to seven. They know they're getting this. There is a route and a play schemed up for him to get him the ball. I don't see that shot that they're trying to take. They get sacked or to overthrow, or it's just a different I don't see them even attempting that shot, which would say are they really scheming for Ryan Williams. So what goes on behind the scenes is how does his practice look? Because whatever it is, his situation in Alabama right now is disgruntled as it can be, But I still don't see them trying to get him the ball.
Speaker 1: I can agree with that, but my thing is, Ojo, you've only throw the guy. The guy has two targets, and on fourth, the most important play of the game, that's who you're going to.
Speaker 2: You gotta make that makes sense to me, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Now, if that's Jeremiah Smith, if if that's Ryan Williams of last year, I got no problem whatsoever with that call.
Speaker 2: But based on what you've seen this year and what you've seen in this game, that make me sense.
Speaker 5: But based on what he did last year and understanding you know what he can do once he gets his hands on the ball, then I'm taking that chance.
Speaker 4: I'm taking the opportunity because.
Speaker 2: Based on what he's Ojoe, you you can't think like that.
Speaker 5: You can't think like that, especially Okay, he hadn't played well all year. He hadn't let's say he hadn't played all year, right, So if you're playing basketball, you got a three point shooter and you know he can shoot, but he's in the goddamn slump. Do you do you tell him to stop shooting? No, you you continue to give him those opportunities and allow.
Speaker 2: Him shoot the ball.
Speaker 1: They felt, no, no, no, no, hold on no, I don't tell Steph Curry to stops shooting. But if it's Ryan Williams, based on what I've seen this year, this ain't no ojo. If this was an isolated incident, if this was one bad game, what have we seen throughout this season to tell you that's the.
Speaker 2: Guy on fourth and on fourth and fourth, fourth and five. I think they need to see it. It was fourth and five.
Speaker 1: So what makes you think based on what you've seen in this game, what you've seen throughout the totality of this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trust you do know he's their most explosive player, despite the way he's playing this year.
Speaker 4: Right, He's their most most player despite the way he's playing this year.
Speaker 2: You know that, right.
Speaker 4: That's why they oh, Joe, I got a call, I gotta I gotta got it. They know he's the mostly supposed to player.
Speaker 5: He hadn't played well this year based to our standards, based on what we saw last year. But the team and the play call and the quarterback also know in this in this opportunity, in this scenario, we want to go to him because we think he can make that play.
Speaker 1: I'm confused. Maybe Johnny go ahead, Johnny, Johnny muted, Johnny muty.
Speaker 6: Oh, Other than I hope he's open. They ain't going to him for nothing. They ain't getting him the ball for nothing. If they get pressed man on fourth and six and he's got somebody up in his face, he's good enough to where it should be looking at him. You better run the fucking go and you better win back shoulder or over the top. He's supposed to be that guy. Because if I'm at Ohio State and they pressed Jeremiah Smith, they press him and I look at tell him to hit up the band, talking about every time, and if we don't complete it on fourth and six, we walk off the field with our head high. This is the Ryan Williams we expect. That's crazy. He should be the guy getting eleven targets a game. He's getting four five.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, we just talked about it last week. There were times he wasn't even in. He was just coming in on a third down. Now, maybe he's injured. Maybe they're trying to protect him. Maybe you have a shoulder injury. Maybe there's something going on that we don't know, but based on what we've seen this season, he's not even close. Even if he could come out this year, which he can't, he has done so much damage to his draft stock he would actually need to come.
Speaker 2: Back just to improve it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on with him. I would love to talk to him, Ryan, if you see this.
Speaker 5: I mean, if anything, it got to be confidence, It got to be his confidence shot.
Speaker 4: Something's going on.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is, but I would love to talk to young boy Ryan. If you see this, may how let you boy, I'm easy to reach.
Speaker 4: I'm easy to reach.
Speaker 5: You know how to get a hold of me. No little conversation, you know, none too tough.
Speaker 4: Make sure you know everything still still you know, on the up and up.
Speaker 2: All this here is for the Eli Bowen is the guy that read yard pick six, go ahead.
Speaker 6: John us Here for the love of the game. We're just trying to spend some game, help him, help a brother out. We sit here and look at the game in the way that we see it because we know what people expect of you, We know what you expect from yourself, and all we can do now at the point of the life that we are at is try and get back some free game to the Cats who can need it. So this is a reaching hand from the nightcap to say, my brother, you're colder than this.
Speaker 1: You bet exactly. That's it, Johnny. You're what what you put on tape this year. We know us three know you're better than that. And like Ocho said, hey, if you need to talk to somebody that that played that position at an elite.
Speaker 2: Level, oh, your phone line is always especially somebody. Uh, hell, I'll talk to you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if guys reached out to me. I mean mainly, it's really never been college guys. It's always guys in the league out out of it really didn't have a problem, you know, they asked me, said, what you see, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What am I doing wrong? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So but I don't really I don't like to infringe because you know, oh, now I'm doing this and now you want to in search yourself. Now if you reach out, obviously you feel that there's something I can help you with. But based on the guy that we know and what we've seen, we think we think he could have been he could be special because he sure he had that potential last year and now I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it, especially as an understatement based on what we saw, do you understand you know how many college college teams it is in the NFL, I mean NFL, how many college schools there are?
Speaker 2: He was he Oh, yeah, well, I think it's probably.
Speaker 5: Legitimately all jokes aside as a freshman the second best player in the nation.
Speaker 2: At a physician, well, he was definitely. He and Jeremiah Smith.
Speaker 1: You had mac Millan at Arizona with sensational, you had a triumph at see you what's sensational? But o Jo, it's hard to say as a freshman. Yeah, I say he was the second best freshman. He was a top five receiver. He was a top five player in the position based on what he was doing last year. And to come back and to see to see this precipitous depth something if there's an injury or there's something going on off the field that we don't know about, whatever the case may be. If it's off the field, hopefully he gets RESI fied he's talking to someone that can help him get in the right frame of mind, the right headspace and do what needs to be done, because we understand sometimes you know, things can happen off the field, O Joe, that definitely impacts your plate on the field. So whatever the case may be, we hope this young man gets it figured out because he's too much of it. He's too good of a talent, too good of a talent to be floundering around. And like you said, Johnny, maybe they need to find a better way to get him the football. But I can't get you the football, as my coach used to say, son, I can't get you the football if if I throw it to you and you draw it back at me.
Speaker 6: I'm dead ass over here, just on chatting GBT, trying to figure out what precipitous means.
Speaker 2: But I figure that's a new one. I'm out in the BIB vocabulary. For sure. Alabama has two games left.
Speaker 6: They have.
Speaker 1: Eastern Illinois and then they're on the road at Auburn, which is the Iron Bowl. And right now they still have a chance to make it, maybe make the College Football Playoff. But if they lose to Auburn, all its everything's got the window.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, I think this is a game they need to come out and really maybe even try and put some style points on it and win this thing by seventeen twenty plus. For them to really assert themselves and put themselves in the middle of this thing and be like, Okay, we deserve here. They need to go onto the iron Ball on a primetime game and make a statement. They'll probably get in regardless because they are Obama and their pedigree and their history, and they're a good football team, better than some of these other teams that may limpen. So I think they deserve to go. Losing by it to a team that is eleven and also going to get into the playoffs. I think it adds more chaos. I think it's obviously with the way the game turned out tonight that we would want to see a rematch up.
Speaker 1: Had they won that game, I don't think it had been matter because look at it, they got victories over number five Georgia, they got victories over number sixteen Vanderbilt, number fourteen Missouri, number eleven Tennessee, and they would have been they would have beaten number eleven Oklahoma, So they would have had one of the most impressive resumes that we could that we could that anybody can try out. Nobody would have had a resume quite like this for sure, So no one would have had a resume like that. Oh Joe, you look at what and run that gauntlet to beat Tennessee, Oklahoma where they lost to Oklahoma, Tennessee, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Georgia, and it beat Georgia, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Missouri in consecutive weeks. They beat Georgia, beat Vanderbilt, beat Missouri, beat Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: But Tye, look, ty was not as act as he normally is today. The offensive line has been bad. The right tackle is not very good. And I'm being kind. I'm being kind because he is. You know, he ain't getting no nil money, I know that. But anyway, he's still you know, he eighteen nineteen years of age.
Speaker 2: It's bad. It's bad.
Speaker 1: And plus, stop all that scap protection. They breaking your scap protection down because there was one time when he got hit, they slid. They had three guys blocking one and the guy read right through it and number four. Hell, bro, I'm trying to figure out how you miss or read that bad. You got a blocker in front of you and then you run into the tackler and then the next play, you let the slot guy blow you up in sack the quarterback in two in consecutive and consecutive plays.
Speaker 6: Oh, y'all know a little bit about this, because he may had to been hot and have a quick little look every now and then. But you know enough about it, Shandon to know that if you start off a game and you can't get your scat empty protection type of scheme down, you're gonna have a long day. And Barry ty Simpson and what he's about to go through going to the league, he needs to know and he's good enough to have the ability to get up there and go yoyo, yo yo yo, flip this flipper, flipper, flip this around. You have to and be like, yo, worst case scenario, Let's find the meanest dog in the world, slide everything to him and just pick a stick aside and throw it quick if they're sitting on it. You figure it out as the game goes on. But you have to have answers that you're talking about at the end of every drive.
Speaker 2: That's coaching.
Speaker 6: You know, we can hit three different points tonight with Alabama. That gets back to one thing coaching a Sabing team didn't do that. No.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that look, if Procter is what you believe he is mainly nine times out of ten, you should slide the protection away from him and leave him one on one. And that way you.
Speaker 1: Slide the protection out. Run in backs, you block your way out. The way we did it, Oh, Joe and Johnny, let me know what you think about this. The way we did it, we would always tells the back you're dead last in the read. Block your way out. Do not be in a hurry to get out, because you're not first, second or third. You're the fourth in the read. So block your way out. And if somebody coming in, I'm watching guys getting out. Bro, you last in the progression. Why you in such a hurry. He's going one two three, and maybe dump it down to you.
Speaker 2: He might go one two three.
Speaker 5: If they come, if they come up too early, they gonna cover theyself. You're gonna cover yourself anyway.
Speaker 2: Fat And guess what I can't get you mall if I'm on my back.
Speaker 6: I love a running back that turned around and check three four times, do the huh huh, and then get out.
Speaker 2: I'm all about that. Yes, the shorter you're good at my book, you can get next to me on third down anytime and you.
Speaker 1: Run, you run by a guy that ends up bringing pressure. You see it again, you run by like, oh yeah, IM about to get this rock.
Speaker 2: No bro, you last. But like I said, see, I'm telling you why I can't coach, tell you why.
Speaker 5: That's the whole that's the whole point. You seeing what they're not doing based on what you already know. But if you were the coach, they probably wouldn't make that mistake because.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can. Maybe you can teach it.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can teach it because you've done it before and it registered a little bit differently than the coaches that are actually there right now, all right, and you don't don't miss your call. And I'm telling you that these opportunities continue to open up and go and God God knocking in the and you ain't answering it that I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you, o Jo, you have to realize in the era in which I grew up, how coaches were you made the mistake you can do.
Speaker 2: You might make the first. You might make that first when I guarantee you wouldn't make another.
Speaker 5: To take that same concept, that same attitude, that same philosophy and use it in today's era.
Speaker 2: It don't work in twenty five. They're too soft, boy, they a I'm more loan the lines with Bobby Knight.
Speaker 1: I grew up with that kind of Oh joe, man, it wasn't nothing for the coach to grab you by your face mass and snatched your ass off the field when you dropped the past and made a mistake.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, that ain't They don't work today.
Speaker 1: On and you try to walk, you try to walk past the he grabbed you by your pants and damn your amber. Hey man, you on the grind, the coach pick you up, pick you up by your by your pants, pull your whole jock strap off.
Speaker 2: He got your job scrap in his head. He don't pick you up by the back.
Speaker 1: It's just man, it's it's uh, it's it's it's it's a different era. You guys are right, man, it's a different Araa Now the number three Texas and m Aggie erase a twenty seven point halftime hold. I think, if I'm not mistaken, it's the largest comeback this season. It is the biggest comeback in Aggie's history. They shout out the game Cocks in the second half and score thirty one un answered points, the largest comeback in the victory in the FBS this season. It's the largest comeback in ANNCC game in the past twenty season. SEC teams had lost two hundred and eighty six consecutive games dating back to two thousand and four when trailing by at least twenty seven points and them moves to ten and oh, oh, show your guy. Marcel Reid twenty two or thirty nine, four hundred and thirty nine yards, three touchdowns, two interceptions, Hey, I got kse conception, seven catches, a buck fifty eight Bethel four catchers one thirty nine Williams three for fifty in a tub. Bo Kircher three for forty in a tub. He had to throw it. Running was not gonna get them back in the game. And plus Carolina was doing a great job shutting down to run Johnny twenty nine rushing sixty four yard.
Speaker 6: If you got'm gonna win this game minus nine yards a half, minus nine I'm sitting in that stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, what we've been saying them is pounding the rock. That's what we've been going to.
Speaker 6: All that play, all that scheme, for the week is out of the building early in the first half, so many uncharacteristic plays from this offense concept. On dropped the ball in the end zone for a touchdown because he jumped and he never does that. We had a third down drop. We kicked the field goal from the two yard line and miss it. It's two or three field goals in the first half. Everything goes wrong. I'm sitting in that stadium at halftime. Oh, I'm walking around the stadium telling people happened again? They have This is some aggie shit if I've ever seen it. They come out really do lock in. In the second half. That defense was not the same defense from the first half. That long touchdown they gave up number eight broke it, ran up the tunnel and them ran into the cop We haven't seen it and the Yeah, they've given up some gashes, but that was just they got outs. First time you've seen him get outspeeded, I guess you can say. But man, what an adjustment at halftime. That's good coaching. Elcho came out and dialed in unbelievable steam. Leonora's sellars look like a different person. You got pressure on him. He sat there all first half and just pat of that rock. Boom, I'm gonna hit the corner versus cover three because the guy doesn't drop deep enough.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take this and pull this for twenty six. It was all South Carolina to turn around. Marcel Reid Mike Elko in the locker room true story. He goes, man our quarterback, he I think he was playing for the other team. In the first half, I go, probably right, coach, he goes, But in the second half he gotta figure it out. Just the locker room after being there for such a game like that. Man, it's a great day when the Longhorns go down and the Aggies are on top.
Speaker 2: Let's get it. Somebody need explain to me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get into the whole thing because maybe people think I'm gonna Carolina and game called fans, but I need to know. Somebody need to tell me what am I missing about? Lenora Sellers. Oh Joe, it's fourth and sixth and he gets sacked going out of bounds.
Speaker 2: Throw the ball up, who cares? Who cares if it's complete or not. You cannot take a sack on fourth down, young man. You can't do that like Johnny said he looked like a different play. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was doing. He leonora Sellers has been bad all year long. Guys, that's not hyperbole. This is no embellishment. He hasn't looked good. And I think a lot of it had to do because there was a lot of praise about Leonor's Sellers and he might go somewhere else and that, and somebody got an eight million dollar nil deal.
Speaker 2: Bro. Maybe it's just maybe it's me.
Speaker 6: I still got faith. With all that being said, I still got faith in him. I think if he really buckles down and takes all that and sets it aside, he's another player that we look at, not as like sure as I am with like Ryan Williams that he's going to be really good. But in my opinion, being around enough quarterbacks, I think Lenori's Stellar's Seller still has enough potential to go out and come back next year and have an unbelievable year. He's huge on the field in real life. He throws it nice, it comes out of his hand. It's just when things are going really well, it's easy for Lenora's Sellers to go really well, able to get the run game and that motion and everything is mixing them up and he can scramble and slide. They did a fake reverse pass that he caught. They really emptied the clip in the first half for real. So you see the potential. And then when the chaos comes and the bullet's fine and you're in the trenches and you got the.
Speaker 2: Woo, it's a different guy.
Speaker 6: And that comes with time and comes with being comfortable in the offense to where you know where to get out of stuff and what to do. And really it's when the fire gets hot he really starts and you.
Speaker 4: Know what, that's all he has to do.
Speaker 5: Especially you understand you looked at him when they came back, obviously when Texas and him came back and the pressure was on him.
Speaker 4: You have to learn and stay relaxed.
Speaker 5: You have to learn and stay calm to be able to make decisions, to make make the right decisions, and pressure situations make some of the best quarterback play.
Speaker 4: That's where the best quarterbacks come from.
Speaker 5: When you're in in a hostile environment where you're in a chaotic environment and you're still calm and collected, being able to make the right decisions. You know during that time and sellers kind of folded under the pressure today.
Speaker 4: Simple fourth and sixth.
Speaker 5: The call should have came into the into the head said, listen, by any means you got to make a play.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't, you can't run it if you've got to throw it, if you have to throw it, even if you have to put the ball in harm's way, you have to do something with the ball.
Speaker 4: So just you know, running out of bounds.
Speaker 5: Obviously that's a I don't it's a huge mistake, one that he probably won't make again if he's back in the scenario like that.
Speaker 1: I really shouldn't have to tell a quarterback that's starting at a D one school that he should have to he got to throw the ball on fourth down and he can't take a sack running out of bounds. I shouldn't have to tell him that, O Joe, because I got a problem. I'm gonna have a problem if I if I gotta hold your hand every step of the way. Because you both guys said something very interesting. Did you see how well he was playing when everything was going well? Well, you know in the NFL there's gonna be more times than not it's not going to go well. If all you do is play well when you front run what happens when you fall behind. And you see if A and M started the mount of that comeback, he needed to be the guy I got there. I'm finna stop this down momentum. I'm finna put a stop to this right now.
Speaker 2: He didn't. He embellished it. He helped him.
Speaker 6: There was a fourth and one, There was a fourth to one in that second half that South Carolina went for that. If they scored any amount of points there, it makes it an extra possession game for an M.
Speaker 2: He makes it really hard. And they went for it on fourth and one.
Speaker 6: And I will say this number eleven and number nine on the Texas A and M defense stood tall today a couple times in that second half and played like some.
Speaker 2: Real real dogs that fourth and one.
Speaker 6: If they get that first down, there were seven minutes left and the third maybe they were bleeding a lot of clock. They get that first down, they knocked the clock down to three minutes left and kick a field goal and take points that for them. They didn't even put it in his hand. And they ran it again up the middle and got stuff. Little players like that where you're not so confident where you put the ball in his hands for sure, because you don't trust him enough. He should be running that rock. He's six four two fifty. What they do with Cam, he'd that big.
Speaker 1: What they do, that's my Johnny, You making my polling. If he's your best player out let me ask your question. If you notice it any clutch situation. They put the ball in my home's hand, say go make a place. So they put the ball all the Lamar Jackson hand. They put the ball in Josh Allen's hand. They put the ball in their best player's hand and say, Son, I'm gonna live and die with ever decision you make. If I give you a run pass option, I'm trusting you enough that you're gonna run and get it or you're gonna throw and get it.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna live with whatever decision you make. Son. They took that decision out of his hands. Say now, we don't trust you like that, bro.
Speaker 4: That they did.
Speaker 6: Cliff Kingsbury would have never done that to me ever a hour. We live and die by the sword, and we live and die with him. That's our cat, that's our guy. He doesn't have the keys to that program. In South Carolina, and he had all the hype in the world this year. So that's what's going on. That's what's going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: I can live with any decision my best player make. If I put the ball in Mahome's hand, I put the ball in Lamar Jackson's hand, I put the ball in Josh Allen's hand, or Joe Burrow or any of my top quarterbacks, I will live with whatever decision they make.
Speaker 2: Hey, we might say, hey, at least Andy Ree, we've seen that.
Speaker 1: How many times, no fourth down they give him a home the run pass option, only they fake the inside he's gonna take off the run and they bring the drag flat. They got the flat going right now, or they got somebody coming in behind the flat.
Speaker 4: But anyway, hey, I trust you also have to understand. You have to understand.
Speaker 5: Look at the players you just name, where coaches trust their decision making in those In those times like that, sell Us.
Speaker 4: Is not there, He's that he's not there yet.
Speaker 5: Obviously obviously he's not because they took the ball out of his hands with that fourth and one. Who you that's exactly who you want the ball, whose hands you want the ball to be in. But that that wasn't That wasn't the case. The fourth and fourth down, if it was any of the quarterbacks, if it went Josh Allen, if it was Lamar Jackson, it was Patrick Mahomes on that fourth and sixth, you think they would have run out of bounds. No, they would have threw it and gave someone a chance to make it hold.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, Oh, Joe, it's like.
Speaker 1: A two point It's like a two point conversion. You take a sack or you get no. Bro, it's the last place is two points throwing up who cares? Maybe you get a p I maybe the guy all of a sudden, the ball cars over the place and you catch it, but at least something. Get the ball out of your hands. The one thing you can't do, Son, you can't take a sack here. You gotta get the ball out of your hands. Really, it's really that simple, it's not that complicated at all, is that you gotta get the ball out of your hand, because guess what, O Joe, if you get sacked, the game's over. I don't know what happened. If you throw the ball, maybe we get a pie. Maybe he makes an unbelievable catch.
Speaker 2: And he catches it.
Speaker 1: But the one thing that we cannot have happen is that you get sacked running out of bounds. O joe, he was running out of bounds. Come on, bro, you better than that. There's a reason why you get the nil money that you get because the game called booster and alumni, and they believe that you're worthy of that kind of money. And to make these kinds of mistakes. Bro, if you're a first year player, I give you some You know what is his first year? I give him some creedit. I say, oh, yoe, you know what a hill first your guy?
Speaker 2: But nah m hmm. We can't not not not this, not no, no, you can't take a sack on fourth down on the flip side.
Speaker 6: How do we feel about the quarterback play from the other side of the field today.
Speaker 1: Oh he would Look what that second half was. He got those jitters out, He had a horrible interception.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: He left them short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, short, short way. That ball is high and outside forever. Because here's the thing that the corner slopt off.
Speaker 1: So so you got that's why you gotta be careful of that because you basically you basically got to know. Look that throat because you got to realize where you are. It's not like the corners. It's in the build of play.
Speaker 5: He ain't got nothing far to go, you know, depending on the experience and chimistry or the receiver of really about any le quarterback, you do what they would have deal with that.
Speaker 4: If that corner you want to shove off, they would have exactly and put it right on it on the inside shoulder. The force to turn around that ball.
Speaker 6: That ball's gotta be like uh a Santonio holmeshost in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big big.
Speaker 6: But what I always said about Marcel too, and what I like really stress on him this off season was you need nothing but different combinations of half line routes in seven on seven. You need to see that corner slump. You need to see what man press outside leverage looks like with the corner.
Speaker 2: You need to see more and more reps like that.
Speaker 6: So as it is a bad pick, it's such a good learning tool for him that he now takes and goes down the road and is able to keep.
Speaker 2: In his memory bank. So I don't think he'll do that again.
Speaker 6: I've got caught lacking on that and practice a million times where they slump on you and get back.
Speaker 2: You feel stupid as hell, really do, because you see it, but you.
Speaker 6: Have to trust it because it's such an early anticipation throw. Once he got settled in though, to look at what his stat line ends at to know what his impact was. And by the way, in the second half, he took a forty thirty five yarder to the house on a stamper that he scored on that they called holding on that old boy just fell over on and the old lineman was just over the top of him, wasn't holding. So I think if you look at his play as a whole, four hundred plus yards, three plus touchdowns, Okay.
Speaker 2: He played well.
Speaker 1: He had to play like he played the second half, Johnny, or they're losing this game. He had to play out of his mind and he did. And that's that's that's what you expect your guy to do. He's like, Okay, I'm the best player. Let me show you why I'm the best player. Let me make these plays. And he made those planes.
Speaker 6: If he goes to Texas and he has himself a game, does he win the Heisman?
Speaker 1: Man? Everybody been hyping about, what's the kid in Ohio State in Mendoza, the guy at Indiana. He had another what Moore touchdown day today, So we'll we'll talk about him a little later. But I definitely think Johnny, if he goes to Texas and does what you think he's gonna do, I definitely believe he gets an opportunity to be sitting in the Downtown Athletic Club, will be in New York come Heisman Saturday.
Speaker 6: He gives himself a hell of a chance if he goes out run the table. Yes, I believe he will still have SEC Championship game too. Before Yeah, absolutely fore voting yep.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, hey, if you're the quarterback and and you you know, you run the you've run the table, you're undefeated. You go and you play well in the SEC Championship game and say you beat a Georgia, I don't know who's gonna be on the opposite side. Maybe it's a Georgia or maybe it's an Oklahoma or whatever the case may be. That definitely increases your like illa hood and people like, damn, you see that gamut that they had to run, and here he is, you know he's sitting here. Yeah, it definitely helps. But Hey, it's Georgia kid. He played himself and and and and and getting some some people talking about him. Uh yeah, oh show and Johnny Stockton. Stockton stopped rising. Yeah, I'm not saying it's bitcoin in the video, but he it's a he got he got some.
Speaker 2: Slow broth going on here. I agree, Oh Joe, Texas A and M.
Speaker 1: Said The state trooper Johnny, that made contact with the South Carolina players during the game, was relieved of his game their duties. After receiver Nick Harbor called an eighty yard touchdown pass late in the second quarter. He grabbed his right leg, walked up the ramp, and oscar had away the third following As they turned to walk back down the field, the Texas State trooper bumped into them and then turned around and pointed at the players, seemingly scolding them. Harbor was quickly pushed away by a team made and continued to the field, but Beemer thanked Texas A and M for the quick action while speaking to reporters after the game. Got a ton of respect for the people here at College Station. It's a first class operation. Everybody from the game operation standpoint, they do a great job and a first class people, so we appreciate them handling that the right way and sending him home. Johnny, what are your thoughts about the Alba model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was just a little frustrated in that first half.
Speaker 6: He breaks off that runs out the tunnel around here in these parts, partner, we protect this house.
Speaker 2: We paid a lot of money for this house.
Speaker 6: Get out of my tunnel, boy, get back on the fie. So he gave him a little something, let him know what's up. To be honest, it didn't give us much of a spark. But listen, majority of the time, you don't see a lot of that from A and M people. You don't see it from Maggie's. It is a small gesture that, of course, in the day and age we live in, it's on TV and recorded and blasted everywhere. I'm sure the guy obviously feels bad about it. I'm sure it's one of those moments.
Speaker 1: But get out here with a me being in college, how to hit him, Dandy damn here with I'm just telling you, just just knowing me in college, O show. Because I'm not gonna be as professional as I am in an NFL sitting. I hit him Daniel's damn face.
Speaker 4: Hit him down in his face, and you see that uniform me win, I.
Speaker 2: Don't give it down a bout that uniform. He had.
Speaker 1: That uniform won when he bumped into two nineteen year old Okay, I see you, Oh Joe, they tried. If you go look at the one on the right, I think it was twenty seven. He actually tries to move, he's trying to tie the way, and then you're gonna you're gonna bumping up and.
Speaker 2: Then listen a young I don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's wrong with the cop. Obviously he's in the wrong.
Speaker 5: If anything, you could have got skinny and slid through them boys real quick. The problem outside of that, you know, tough guy, I got the badge on. I'm the officer I got I got. I'm gonna keep my broad shoulders up, and whoever whoever bumping to me, we're gonna, we're gonna, were gonna have a little altercation that it could have been.
Speaker 4: It could have been prevented. It was unnecessary.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. If I'm in that position too, I'm gonna I'm gonna go out.
Speaker 6: Think I'm definitely turning around getting in his face and saying, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Get knowing you, Johnny, you're gonna hit away the football team test him for sure.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get in his face and say, what's up, bitch right off the rep dad back to his face.
Speaker 1: I just just know it, oh yo, because I'm I'm in a hostile environment and I'm already I'm already.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so your your instinct is bark, I'm gonna react.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hit him, I promise you. In college not NFL. First of all, I don't think coms would be like that, you know. He First of all, they ain't really they got security but confident, they're just chilling out. They happened. They're like, oh man, they might give you a high five or something. But I don't know what he's thinking that. Oh you mean mugging to college kid. I got in the middle of a game at that. Yeah, that much, Oh Joe. He turned around in part like, bro, I don't know where he thought he was. See he thought he was on the street.
Speaker 2: See he.
Speaker 1: I want you to know now time he behaved like that, now I had the first time, because think about it, you in front of one hundred thousand how many y'all have today, Johnny a hundred? By y'all had one hundred, oh, Joe, one hundred and five thousand? You got two college kids. So let me ask you a question. What happens when you ain't got no thousand watching?
Speaker 2: You ain't lying? I got something, I got something for I had something for it. Your team. Just because your team lose it, you're gonna shove two college kids.
Speaker 1: A and M. You handing it correctly? Lebron James tweeted that A and M Cott needs to be suspended. That was premeditated and corny af He went out of his way to start some ish do better he did. Kudos to the gentleman to the South Carolina Nick Harbor and the other gentleman I don't know his name off the top of my head. Congratulations for concolding your composure and not because you could have and I don't think anybody would have said that you did anything wrong.
Speaker 2: But see, this is what we're talking about. O Yo.
Speaker 1: You see when no one's watching, how they'll do, what they'll do, how they'll treat you. See you see that on your I just want you to see that, not this. You got a funder and five thousand people in the stadium. You got cameras everywhere, and he did this, so you know how he will behave if there are no cameras around. Why, bro, why you're gonna shove up to college kid and then you're gonna turn around in point like they did something wrong.
Speaker 2: They got every right to be where they are. I just, man, please, but I just I just don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't get what he thought he was doing. I mean, I guess he thought he was doing a good gesture and some people might some people be by like, yeah, yeah, that was the right thing. They ain't have no business in the tunnel.
Speaker 4: You got nothing to do with Listen.
Speaker 5: I think everybody named, everybody named Alma, whether you a Texas A and M fan or not, knows the coppers in the wrong. There's there's fans of butts about it. It was unnecessary. If anything you could, you could have got skinny. You know, the kids, they just coming down, they just scored.
Speaker 4: It was unnecessary.
Speaker 2: He saw it. He sought it out for sure.
Speaker 6: And to be honest, I've had trust me, I've had my TIFFs with the state troopers and the city police of Brian in College Station so I've had my tips with them in the past.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 6: I will say for the majority of the people in law enforcement in and around this area, this is a very well policed.
Speaker 2: Very protect the school and protect the people area.
Speaker 6: The majority of law enforcement around here does an amazing job, and I'm very thankful for what they do for me and the other people of this city. But that today, what we saw was wrong for sure, and I think A and M did handle it the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the thing is that trying to get skinned. I ain't trying to get I'm big.
Speaker 2: I just going a touchdown on Joe. I'm big.
Speaker 1: I'm why like you say you big, like you two fifty to sixty. I'll covered through it.
Speaker 5: Five people understand what i mean by get skinny. I'm just I'm just saying turns sideways, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Like you're in a crowded club. Chat.
Speaker 1: You know, you can go to a crowded club and you excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, especially if you got a drink. You don't want nobody to bump you drink, and you don't want to spend your drink on nobody because then you got boy.
Speaker 2: You spill your drink on me. You ain't gonna say.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, my bad dude. People in here, wedn you make it make it seem like it's just me and you and this more folk. But uh, I just think the thing is is that it's a it's just a it's just a bad situation that shouldn't have happened. And the cop doesn't look good. The college kids look really well how they handle that situation, and and moved on, And Uh, it's just I just hated it. So and Johnny, like I said, Johnny and Johnny, Johnny went to school at College Station, so he knows how how they behave certain times. I mean, I don't think he has I don't think you have that problem now, Johnny. When you go back there, they love they love you now because the attention that you brought there, because.
Speaker 2: You know, A and M is A and M.
Speaker 1: But you brought a new level of fandom. You brought eyes back, You brought the national eyds back.
Speaker 2: To A and M.
Speaker 1: Uh Man, look here, A and M really hadn't been on anybody's map, saying Cory, y'all back in the nineties. So but what you were able to do is to bring a new bring eyes to Texas A and them, because like I said, Texas and them has been They were, they were, they were good once upon a time.
Speaker 2: But what you were able to do?
Speaker 1: Texas all and them they go seven and five, eight and four, whatever the case may be. Nobody was expecting them to do anything. And then Johnny comes there and he plays out of his mind. He wins the Heisman Trophiy. Now there's a level expectation that came along that comes along with that program, and coach Michaelko has these guys playing well. Barcel reed conception that they have a really nice ball club. We're gonna find out if they can keep this thing going. They got Texas and then if they and then they got the SEC championship game. So they have everything they can to play for. Unfortunately, because they handled this so quickly, they didn't let this incident mark a big time victory.
Speaker 6: Of course, Yo, I think one thing when I do come back to this town. First of all, Uncle, I appreciate you saying that I'm humbling the fact of what Texas A and M is now. And when I go back and look at that stadium and realize how different it is What an unbelievable opportunity I had as a young kid to be able to go have an impact on a school like that, in a state like that. And one of my favorite things when I walk on the field on a game day is to see my old police officer who used to take me home after the games and take care of me and be on the staff. And when we traveled, he took care of me like a fucking wrap me in a blanket pretty much and let nobody touch me. It's the happiest moment when I wrap him up on the sideline, I give him a hug and check in on him and his family. So what the school has done for me amazing. What a position we're in for the first time in a very long time, maybe even unprecedented throughout A and m's football history. Don't know if we've ever been in a position where we're undefeated, get into a conference championship in a playoff that, depending on how it shakes out, we get an easier run, or we could get somebody that falls off late here and we end up playing a team that was ranked probably in the top five all year.
Speaker 2: But you don't know how it's.
Speaker 6: Gonna shake out nevertheless, right, Shout out to Elko, Shout out to Marcel Reid, Shout out to Conception on all the boys, cast a pal, the defense and every age that showed up today. We needed everybody in that stadium because we needed to play it perfect and we did and it doesn't matter because we got a dub and we hit in North State to night for sure, all right.
Speaker 1: Keewan Lacy rushed for two hundred and twenty four yards in three touchdowns as the number six Mississippi Old Miss Reps rally passed Florida by the score of thirty four to twenty four dub. The Lane Kiffin Bowl is Lane Kiffin's current team picked to win Saturday over his potential new employer. As as Kiffin, a squad took a knee at the final minute, Old Miss fan chanted we won't Lane in a bed to persuade their salts after the coach not to vote for another school.
Speaker 2: Possibly.
Speaker 1: Florida Rebels have now won at least ten games in three straight seasons, and this victory solidified their chances to make the college football playoffs. Meanwhile, Florida has lost twenty consecutive games away from Glainsville against ranked opponents since beating Georgia in the COVID year in twenty twenty in Jacksonville, Florida Chamblers twenty six to thirty five three or one one touchdown. Lacy thirty one carriers, twenty four three touchdowns. The one thing you can say Lane Kiffing and coach's ass off offense, It's hard.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, and I have the utmost respect for Ryan Date, but boy, it's hard for you to find me somebody that's better at calling plays that's in college football than Lane Kiffy.
Speaker 2: That's not the funny.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I like about Lane two? It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter what he has on offense. He's always able to put his players in position to maximize their talent and what they do well. Always always been able to do that extremely well. The fact that he's going to Old Miss and he's had a really really good season. He's ten and one right now, and they definitely, they definitely gonna surprise the people. They're gonna make it. They're gonna make it to the college playoffs. At ain't no telling what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Given the final two games, we.
Speaker 6: Had a lot of talk in the last couple of years, obviously about how good of a play caller Lincoln Riley was and what he did with Caleb being a good getting guys in the position. Now USC doesn't have the pieces that they have before, so they don't look like the same way the scheme anything. Lane Kiffin is undisputed, undoubtedly the best play caller in college football, without a doubt. But calling this the Kiffin ball, I don't take the Florida job if I'm Lane Kiffin.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, how much? How much they got for me? Johnny? I see they just gave Al cold eleven million a year. I think it takes.
Speaker 6: And if I were him, I get this offer from not Florida, I get this offer from LSU. Oh that's the jobs, okay. If I'm Liken Kevin, what he can do recruiting there, what they will give him. It takes thirteen to fifteen million, It takes a crib in the bayou, it takes two yards, it takes the jet wherever I.
Speaker 2: Want to go, whenever I want. Now, I can only give you fifty hours, Johnny.
Speaker 6: We're taking all fifty and we're gonna try and give something. We're trying to give something to my son. He getting fifty. Grandma out there is getting fifty. Everybody getting fifty. Yeah, okay, fifty hours. I'm gonna spend that in a month in the offseason. You're crazy as hell. If I'm getting everything, if I'm leaving. If not, I'll take the thirteen million I get from Ole Miss and we'll continue to build something.
Speaker 2: Listen and yeah, you think that. You think they'll make him the highest paid.
Speaker 1: You think they'll make him they'll jump him over Kirby because right now Kirby is the highest paid of their.
Speaker 2: You got all the leverage he does. You want me that bad, show me you want me that bad? But oh but Johnny, I just fit.
Speaker 1: I gotta spend fifty plus billion to get Brian Kelly out the Doornny, go find it.
Speaker 6: We're talking about the governor's talking about hiring the dude. Go find some money somewhere. What we're talking about is this the name and.
Speaker 2: The Shaq got it? Hey, Shaq, they gonna need you to break him off.
Speaker 6: You got plenty, Shaq andl Reese, Jetta, Chase Joey.
Speaker 2: They need all that big time of love to come back and pitching in this pot.
Speaker 4: They got it in the pot without having a call on alum, Oh, they definitely got it.
Speaker 1: They got Their final game is eleven twenty eight. They played Mississippi State in the egg Bowl at Mississippi State.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, hold on, they got Mississippi. They got two more games. I thought, Okay, they got one more game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got a Mississippi State in the egg Bowl, which won't be easy. You know, it's a ribery game. You know how ribery games go oo every time and uh everything. Hope if they went out, do we play them in the SEC Championship?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably probably who who's gonna be? I think it depends on who's ranked higher, So you probably end up playing Georgia. You probably end up playing Georgia. Johnny agree, damn and uh And that's that's when the SEC walk could guess why Georgia. That's a that's our drive, that's our drive from athletes, So you will not have home, you will not I know, A and M travel and y'all got the big time, But that's in the the Bulldogs backyard.
Speaker 6: We're gonna sput it down the middle first time, that first time that SEC Championship.
Speaker 2: We're going full force, maybe not Georgia as on top that that that would be uh, that would be uh. That would be a burner, though,