Speaker 1: This is Frosted Tips with Lance Bass and iHeart radio podcast. Hello, my Little Peanuts, it's me your host, Lance Bass. This is Frosted Tips with me, Lance Bass and my lovely Peanuts. Today I got Turkey Turchin, I got Jay Dizzle USA, who's obviously be talking a lot of Olympics today. And I got Drew Boo with us.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Happy August? Everyone, Happy August. I can't believe how quickly this summer's already flying by.
Speaker 2: Holy moly, I'm not okay with it. The summers get shorter, and when you were a kid, the summers were so long. In fact, there were times in the summertime when you actually had an opportunity to get bored. I'm so bored. I'm so bored. That doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 1: Did you ever go away for camp during the summer?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, How where did you go? Well, you you go for a week at a time, But I went for several weeks because my family didn't like me. No, but no, it was. It was. It's called the International Music Camp, and they have all these different kind of weeks. You can go there for choir, for band, for drama, and I went basically all summer long. I loved I loved the International Music Camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was would you got a camp? You know, I went to camp during the summer, but it was always with you know, the church. But it was only a week. So when I got older and started talking to people about their summer camp, and some people were like, oh, I went for two months, I'm like, what two months at a camp? How does your family allow you to do that? And Turkey Church in here would go what for a month?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for a month? I go for four weeks up to Maine. Yeah, my sister would go four or six or one years?
Speaker 3: You went? Did you go for eight weeks one summer? You might have gone?
Speaker 1: And Maine is gorgeous in the summer.
Speaker 3: I think you went to one of those.
Speaker 1: I think may might be the most gorgeous state we have in the summertime.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of summer camps in main.
Speaker 1: I mean, what would you say, Drew, but what mean?
Speaker 2: I mean? I was just at my family reunion in in Minnesota and Bridger it was just like, this place is so gorgeous. I mean, I think any of those those those northern states that had a lot of trees that are really lush with lakes. They're all gorgeous. But Michael, you went to a bougie summer camp for sure, if you. Oh, I suffer in May.
Speaker 4: I summered in Maine nine to thirteen, and it was it was a disaster. Every time I would go, like the just me leaving my parents and then I would make such a scene in the airport of screaming and crying, like until like one year, it was like my third year, and they there was like a liaison that would like walk us in. But a third year, my parents like they're like, okay, we're getting out of the car. They're about to get out of the car, and they just jump back in the car and drove off. So I couldn't even have so I couldn't freak out at the airport with them and makes up a scene.
Speaker 3: So I did it to the liaison instead.
Speaker 1: And I still do that to him today. It's it's kind of crazy. Well, all this talk about the different states the Olympics going on, I'm feeling very patriotic this week. You know, we got an election. I mean, this is America's American american ing. It's American americanizing.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm glad we have Jay Dissilon because this one is an expert on the Olympics. I don't know why I'm feeling that this particular Olympics is even more beloved than the ones we've had in the past. Are y'all feeling that too? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, certain, why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just everyone's really just excited about this and watching just four or eight years ago, I just don't remember people caring that much.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it sometimes depends on what sports you're gonna be able to watch live. Like obviously last night on NBC there was the Wholesomerman Miles, there was the Women's from Nestsminster. Maybe that was the night before, but anyway, I can't remember. But we also took some time out of our day to watch some of this stuff live as it was going on. And sometimes when the Olympics are in other parts of the world, it's really hard. Like the Tokyo Olympics, it was really hard to watch anything live at all. You'd have to be up in the middle of the night. So I think that makes a difference as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, And that don't really make it so easy for me to watch you know, events before it gets ruined on social media, and you know, it's my fault to even open up social media if I really want to not know about something, which I mean, I don't care that much. So I knew all the women's gymnastics stuff before I even got to watch it last night, so which again I'm fine, but it was I mean, they're kicking as some mobiles with a hurt ankle or no it's a calf right killed it. So Jay deasil catch us up on the latest on what is what is our American teams doing? Who are we watching? Who's doing great? Right now?
Speaker 5: We're loving We're loving the uh, we're loving the American women. I mean they're killing it. We're loving the drama behind the American women.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I just found this out just ten minutes ago, right, So one of the ex American gymnasts, right, they're a little shade out there for the women's team about how lazy they are and they don't have the work ethic that they used to have because she's blaming it on some rules that they have with the Olympics where they can't yell at you as much anymore or berate you or make you cry, and she thinks that is being weak. Look, I agree with being tough when you're a director like that, but you don't have to be an asshole like I mean, there's you know, there's limits you can still get. Obviously, look at the women's gymnastics team. They weren't berated and they won gold. So oh sorry, spoiler spoiler, you know it can work.
Speaker 4: It's all about how you can work. Yeah, yeah, I said, you don't got to be mean.
Speaker 1: All right, what else do we have, Jay Dizzel. We have the guys, which has not won a medal since two thousand eight, and this is the year. Everyone's very been very hopeful. We have a really good team this year. The boys. A few days ago they got the bronz.
Speaker 3: They got bronze.
Speaker 1: That's got bronze.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The hero that came out of it was this Steve, who I think everyone's seen by now. He's you know, the the quote unquote nerd of the team. He has these you know, glasses because he has he has some kind of disease for his eyes that his eyes are always dilated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got actually two eye diseases, okay, like disorders. One of them is always dilated and then one of them is like lacking tissue in the eyes.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know this until I saw him do that last Okay, so he was brought onto this team to just do the pal maholes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a specialist.
Speaker 1: Just that's one of it. I mean, just one little thing. And he's the one who closed it out for them. And spoiler, spoilert they got the bronze this year, so they meddled for the first time since two thousand and eight. He was the hero. He takes his his his you know, the bottle or coke bottle and glass bottle glasses off right before any studies the pommel horse. Then he takes the glasses off. He can't see. He does everything by feel. Is that not insane? And he kills it? Yeah, it is. It's been amazing, So that was really fun to watch. I love stories like that. Paris I think has been a beautiful place to hold these Olympics. The opening ceremonies were gorgeous. You know, of course they had some makeups because it was raining everywhere. Those can can girls cover slipping everywhere. But good for them for you know, really going all out to try to make it a very memorable opening, and it really was.
Speaker 5: Celine Dion Celine Dion.
Speaker 1: Celene was incredible, and of.
Speaker 3: Course, yeah, that was the best part.
Speaker 1: I mean and singing an Edith Peoff song. I mean, come on, come on, it was so beautiful. I know. They did get a little controversy because people thought that these drag queens created the Lord's Supper. But I can tell you I have researched it, and it wasn't the Lord's Supper. It was the Feast of the Gods. Because you know, the Olympics, uh, you know, started in Greece. It was a Greek thing, so they did an o to the Feast of the Gods and that's what that was. And I guess I don't I mean, was the Last Supper based on that story?
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean the yeah, the Last Supper, I mean, the image kind of came from that. I mean, it was a it was a commission and by the people in Italy in the fourteenth.
Speaker 1: So maybe they took the story from the Bible and then used that in exact, that visual thing, and that's what they did.
Speaker 5: Because there's literally nothing in the Bible that talks about what it looked like the long table with Jesus in the middle around him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've read that, you know, I've studied the Bible a lot, and I don't Yeah, I don't remember the visual coming out of that, but there's a famous painting obviously, the Last Last Supper. But yeah, I'm just here to like tell people, you know, don't don't attack our drag queens because they people were misunderstood what that was.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't like to get political on this show. I mean, I look, I unfortunately have to be political because I'm gay and there's this there's certain things you know, you have to stand up for. But I always didn't. I never wanted to use the show as a political platform. But we do have to talk about I mean, one, registered to vote people. You know, I'm not here to tell you who to vote for, but register. Go to vote dot com. There's other websites. Just check to see if you're registered. Vote dot vote, quote dot gov, vote dot gov. Go check to see if you're registered. You know, this is our civic duty to you know, to be uh you know, involved, and yeah, just just go do that. And of course this is a pop culture show, so we have to talk about the viral video that went I did with our vice president, which you know, again, I mean I are getting political, but whatever for for those that and I've got a lot of comments about how I turned my comments off on quote unquote political posts. There's a reason for that, and I would just like to explain myself now after those that want to listen. I put up a you know, just register to vote post a few days ago, and again bipartisan, don't tell you who you're voting for. Just just vote. Go out there and vote the vile things that we were starting to get hit with. And you can tell of that A lot of them are those bots, right, I mean, you know, you know those bots, they only have one follower, they've never posted anything. It's always somehow a blonde woman with a hat. I don't know why. They're always blonde women and a hat that says, you know, patriot first, you know whatever. Family it's you know, just yeah anyway, So it's just very strange. But once I start getting death threats for my family, it's done. I will never turn on comments again for anything slightly political because I just don't want to give a voice to bots first off, that are just saying the most vile things that they they might not even it's not even a real person, and they're sitting there there, I mean.
Speaker 2: Are so angry.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I apologize if you got offended that I would turn my comments off. But my page is not for a debate. It's not we're not learning. You're not gonna debate on my page. You know, I'm gonna put up things fun, Like you know, I did a freaking TikTok with the Vice President of United States. I think that's fun, and it was a nice dad joke, by the way, a very good dad joke. But that thing got like forty million a lot of news. It's so fun. But I have to say, just as a citizen I am, I'm kind of motivated about this election. I wasn't before. As many of you know, I am not a registered Democrat or Republican. I I hate a two party system. I think it's the worst. I have always been an independent. Obviously, I'm progressive, so I leaned towards, you know, during these elections, towards the Democratic nominee. And that's where I know I was so not motivated this year. I did not as much as I think Biden is a good man, and he did some great things, and he's kind of set us in the right direction. I just didn't care, unfortunately, and that sucks. As I said, is not to care. Now that he has stepped down, which I think was a huge, amazing thing that he did. I'm like, I'm motivated, and I've known I've known the Vice president for so many years, so I've gotten to sit down with her. I've had amazing conversations. So that's why personally, you know, I'm in her camp. And here's one thing I would love for anyone listening right now, again, doesn't matter Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever your party is, volunteer. People. Forget about volunteering in this company. I'm the company this country. It teaches you about civics, and I think our young generation doesn't know anything about it. Gen z is you know, you don't really learn about it in school much. I mean he might, you know, hit on it just a little bit. But go volunteer, especially local government, that's where it's so important. Go take your family, go volunteer for a day so they get to see what happens backstage of all these things that go on, you know, help run the photo copier, you know, hand out things, you know, go knock on doors, answer phones. That's what's so great about you know, this country is we get to do that. So go have fun with it. And you know, let's let's not let's not get angry. Let's just let's talk to each other.
Speaker 5: I'm volunteering on this podcast right now, you are.
Speaker 1: So that's all I have to Still won't won't because again we don't like to talk about politics on.
Speaker 5: This, but it is a great timing with the Olympics because we are all feeling so electric about it so many things and it's so cool to be like all rooting for the same team and the same gymnasts and the rolling this together.
Speaker 2: So I don't know about you and ever watching the Olympics, I get like choked up when I saw all of these coming together meeting and it's so beautiful. It's a beauty. I know.
Speaker 1: I get choked well, just in the last few years, I really get choked up on a lot of things. Just I think it's because I have kids now, so it just really hits it differently. And so yes, this Olympics is the first time I've ever choked up on a lot of things, and I think it's because I don't know why my kids bring this out of me. But when the gymnasts, you know, she held up the sign saying it's a girl. You know, when he found out, you know, the sex of his kid. I choked up on that. I'm like, oh my god, what a moment, you know, getting proposed to there, I mean, just all these amazing moments that God, I mean, this is just gonna be one of the best moments of their lives. And you got to be there and see it.
Speaker 5: And NBC has been doing this package at nighttime during their primetime telecast. I've been watching as much stuff live and early as I can avoid spoilers, but I rewatch the primetime telecast even though I'm seeing the stuff again because the packages that they do are so good. And they do one where they take the gymnasts and they show old home videos from when they were kids, and then their parents come on and their parents like comment about how proud they are. I'm telling you, especially knowing the outcome, you're like, oh crap. They were recording this Go Get Gold weeks before the competition even started. I don't even have kids, and I'm bawling.
Speaker 1: I know. It's a beautiful thing. All right, So is there anything else you want to catch us up on with it? The Olympics are what one more week, ten more days I think, and they're sixteen totals, so it's just like, yeah, a week and a half, okay, so they always fly by, but uh yeah, so go watch your Olympics. It's on NBC.
Speaker 5: Also, there are so many gorgeous swimmers this year, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Men and gorgeous gorgeous but nothing, I mean, come on, but the the gymnasts that would come on, I've never I've never seen bodies like that in my entire their their biceps are bigger than my head.
Speaker 3: There's there's a guy from Turkey that's making.
Speaker 1: The rounds I've heard, man, I want to.
Speaker 3: Go to Turkey.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing I want to talk about is you know movie of the year Deadpool versus Wolverine or is it it's just Deadpool and Wolverine? And yeah, ever not Versus and Wolverine. What a great movie. We went obviously to the premiere and it was It's one of those things where when you go to a premiere and usually it's for your friends, and you know you're there to support, and you always think it's such a great movie because everyone in the audience worked on the film, so everyone's laughing where they need to laugh, crying where they need to laugh, just celebrating, clapping at the credits. So you think this is the best movie ever, and then two weeks later you're like, wait a minute, that really wasn't that great. It was okay, So coming out a Deadpool, I thought it was so great. The action was amazing, the music is killer, and I came out like, wow, is this the best Deadpool maybe slash Marvel movie I've seen you yet?
Speaker 3: Fun?
Speaker 1: And I think it is, and I've now had time to digest it, look at all the reviews, and it's true. It's so great. Made a whopping what two hundred and seventy million the first week, just domestically. Oh my god, that's me. And of course we get a little nice little bump on the side because they do use bye bye bye in the song, and that thing has catapulted our song back into the charts. I mean, as we're speaking right now, it's number thirteen on Spotify worldwide, which I don't think it's ever and no, it's never hit the world wide charts because there was no Spotify back my day. But the fact that the whole world is now hearing bye Bye Bye for the first time, and I think it's the dance that's really catching people. Darren Henson, who created the choreography, I've seen him in Forbes all this. He's really having fun with bringing this back to the public and everyone trying to learn this dance. Because, of course, in the movie spoil Alert, there's they call him dance Pool. What you've seen in the commercials, it's a dancing Deadpool. And anyway, he dances a little to the bye Bye Bye and so because of that, for really want to learn the bye Bye Bye dance. And so it is of this crazy resurgence, which is really fun.
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 4: I have to say, now that we're talking about Deadpool, I'm doing a podcat next to you. Lance feels like I'm the movie Deadpool because you were very expressive with your hands and you hold this pen and you literally are about to poke my eye out every time you speak.
Speaker 1: I'm very expressing.
Speaker 4: So if Drew might have seen me giving you looks or kind of moving my head here and there. It's only because you were trying to blind me and I could become the next caramel guy.
Speaker 1: I had a viny vinty coffee, so I'm really literally he is moving those hands like he is one of those fake interpreters you see on the news that namboozles in.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's like, oh, I could translate that for you, and he has a pen and it's trying to.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm watching you dodge. I'm watching you dodge him left and right. I also saw the face you made when he was talking about these beautiful gymnast bodies, and I'm like, what is Michael chop Liver? My god?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, Well I didn't want to touch on that. I've never seen bodies like that. Well, I guess you have really bad mistaken.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Next, all right, well let's take a little break here. When we come back, we have a new segment called plot Twists that we're going to do, and we have a little update from Jay Dizzel's niece here. I don't know if y'all know, but Emma Myers is Jay Dizzel's niece. That's right, the Emma Myers Wednesday, I think my favorite gen Z actress right now. For sure. She's got a bright, bright future. And I know she just has a new show that just came out that we want to talk about. Yeah, all right, we'll be right back. Welcome back to Frosted Tips. All right, Jay Dizzel. As we left, we have to catch up with our favorite gen Z or Emma Myers, your niece, who is on Wednesday, which I think they just finished. No, they just started filming the next season and they're out there in Scotland.
Speaker 5: H you know they're in Ireland, Ireland.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They shot the first season in Romania and it was miserable and it was cold, and they switched to Dublin because that is closer to where Tim Burton lives. So they're filming season two. They wrap in December. She plays. For those that don't know, she plays Wednesday's roommate, the perky, colorful blonde girl.
Speaker 1: She's so great and she's really great. She is the breakout and I'm very partial.
Speaker 2: Wait is she is she the werewolf? Yeah? Were wolf?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's so great. How is she dealing with this pretty much overnight sensation? I mean, I remember when before Wednesday came out because she's you know, we've you've known her forever, but I have known her like for a long time. Coming out to La getting into acting, she really really you know, and she she started like, yeah.
Speaker 5: She was she was born. She was born around the time that you and I met way back when. And uh and so yeah you remember hearing her from the start. But yeah, she I mean, she's a shy girl, and the personas that she plays the last couple of years are not shy. So it's been interesting to see how she's jumped into this. I mean, she's got like something like eleven million followers overnight.
Speaker 1: It's wild crazy.
Speaker 5: So yeah, she's she's she's chucking on. She just finished filming Minecraft with Jason Momoa and h and Jack Black and Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 1: Whoa, which I was like, so she's getting all the roles right now and that's a three picture deal she's got coming down the pike. Good lord, all right, talk about her new show.
Speaker 5: So this actually premiered July first in England, New Zealand and Australia, but August Netflix August first. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder. It's a that's a book. It's a book series. Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like a book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: So she plays a she plays a little like a high schooler that kind of pulls a cold case and uh and goes and tries to solve it. And it's it's super fun. I've watched all six episodes.
Speaker 3: And it's it's great. It's really great.
Speaker 5: It it's it's shot differently, the music's really cool, even the way the intro each episode with the credits are different. The characters are really fun. And she says the F word, what time, which is super scandalous.
Speaker 1: Oh, I bet your brother is like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: I texted her and I was like, you are gonna create some waves, little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because your old family is very conservative, very conservative. Yeah, well, you know what, it's acting. It's acting exactly. It's rain wait wait till she has her first like kissing Lord of all Right, guys, we have a new segment on the show. It's called plot Twist. So instead of rebooting your favorite movie, you're gonna give me a movie you think would be cool to tell from a different point of view. So, for example, a final Destination was told from the point of death. So do you have any movies in like what point of view it would be fun to see it?
Speaker 3: From Titanic, from the icebergs.
Speaker 4: Iceberg was mining as well as sleeping, and I'm sorry no one thought about the Iceberg being cut in half by a boat that attacked it in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that saga.
Speaker 1: Where there's like mean girls told by the girl who doesn't even go here.
Speaker 3: I know She's like, well, I don't know them, I don't go here. And that was a very short movie.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's like this high school seems like really bitchy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's it. I don't really know anymore. I don't go here.
Speaker 1: Toy story told by Andy Andy's view, You know what.
Speaker 3: I don't need to hear another point of view of little kid. It's not that interesting.
Speaker 1: What would a Forrest Gump different view be in set of forces? Who would be a funny.
Speaker 3: Maybe from his mama Sally Fields.
Speaker 1: Oh, Sally Field contin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because remember she was like stuffing the guys to like help him.
Speaker 3: She was like in the background, like that'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: Or Lieutenant Dan. I want to see an origin story of Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I mean we kind of got it. I guess the whole movie is an origin story about everyone.
Speaker 1: Involved of our country. I didn't know Forst. Gump had so much to do with the history of our country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a real It was a real person.
Speaker 5: Vietnam War.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a big he.
Speaker 1: Was smiley face, T shirt. We would have any of these things.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't have nothing.
Speaker 1: The slab bracelet, uh huh. They cut that scene out, but the slap bracelet, post its, post its. He invented post its.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or like Romey Michelle from like the perspective of Jo's character.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and that was the lead from Posts.
Speaker 2: I like that, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: Anything else broke Back Mountain from the you know, Michelle Williams perspective from their lesbian experiences behind the scenes wise time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like this idea because I'm really getting tired of the reboots, and I feel like, as long as you've created this world of this movie, why not explore this world a little bit more from somebody else's.
Speaker 1: I don't mind a reboot. I don't for the ones I complain so much about. You could do well, then don't watch it. Don't watch it, but give me the option. Give me the option to watch a reboot. I'm totally fine with that. There's some that I would never watch, but then there's some I think are so creative that I want to see this. Give it, so give it to me all. I mean, this industry of Hollywood is really hurting a little right now. A lot of productions, I think forty percent of productions have like basically gone down, and I think that's because of all the different apps we have and all these platforms. When when platforms like that are created, you know, the Hulus and Netflix all that, they start throwing money at these actors and producers and they know they're gonna lose pretty much everything they throw, but they just want to start it out so good that you can't, you know, you can't look away. And I think we're family to that point now where all that is dying down the leg. Okay, now that we've got your attention, let's start worrying about our bottom line at this network and start making some money for our investors. So yeah, so productions have definitely calmed down a lot lately. So I think a lot of these reboots, you're not going to really see much of anymore unless they're just spectacular. Look, Wednesday is basically a room. I mean, it's a retailing of the story, but they're they're great, They're great. I like it, you know, the reboot. I really really really want to see Clue. I think what's great about a Clue reboot is you don't have to remake it. You don't have to worry about it origin story or a part two. The great thing about Clue is it's a game, so you just reshuffle and it's a new game. It's the same characters, but different people.
Speaker 3: Play, same premise. But I can do a whole new, whole new.
Speaker 1: Game, different era everything, So you don't have to worry about, oh, pissing off people like me, the biggest fans of the first movie. I like this. Yeah, I wouldn't be mad if someone just like, no, it's just a complete redo of the game. It's you know, someone won next, let's reshuffle the cards and we're going again. Yeah. I mean I think where would you set Where would you set the new game of Clue? Because it can't be in the twenties like it was before. Was it the twenties? No, that thirties forties. Okay, yeah, oh yeah, because it was after the war, so forties, and you know, in this beautiful mansion. I think this time I would love to see eighties.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, eighties, let's go maybe are actually go ahead?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: And I was gonna say, and I guess, but eighties like on a cruise ship, you know, somewhere completely different, you know, like you're trapped on a yacht in the eighties. You know, it's just something completely different from a mansion in the forties. Sorry, at almost.
Speaker 5: Trapped in a shopping mall.
Speaker 2: How about how about something very mid century modern, like mad Man like in the late fifties, early sixties. It's very sexty. Maybe it's in Palm Springs.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I learned at a resort.
Speaker 1: Oh little side note, trap looks really good. The m Night Shyamalan new movie with Josh Hartnett. I've been talking about this for a while. I just I can't believe it's just now coming out, because I've been discussing this for a while with my friends. Yeah, but I'm glad to see Josh Hartnett back. And it's, you know, one of those m Night movies. So there's gonna be some kind of crazy twist, but I don't really know too much about it. But they go to a concert, like a Taylor Swift concert with his kids, and it's a big trap. They're trying to find a serial killer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they know he's going to this concert, so he thinks he's going to this concert, probably to find someone to kill. But then they're trapped, all stuck in the arena stadium wherever it is, and uh, and they're all trying to get.
Speaker 3: Him, but no one can leave once they're interesting like that, trying to get this serial killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that. Oh in side note, because I see it on my notes here, I totally forgot to talk about because I think it's great. Back to the Olympics. So the the women's gymnastics team, you know they have they have a name that they call themselves, but they didn't want to reveal it, I guess until after they just won this gold because it's their n s f W not suitable for work name, and it's faffo.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, would you like would you like to say what fofo is around?
Speaker 4: And find out that is hard? That wasn't me that was Actually that was Jade Meyer's niece.
Speaker 3: She has a voice.
Speaker 5: She was practicing their NPR voice as you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, round and around and find out. So that's there. That is their their secret name. That is no longer secret anymore.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, they they absolutely lived up to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sure did. I mean, come on, someone, even though they're lazy, they're lazy, their work ethic is horrible, phoned it in. Just give them the gold already.
Speaker 2: Well, and and our wonderful producer is telling us that that their actual team name that they have, their official is Golden Girls, which also.
Speaker 1: Fits well definitely for this show.
Speaker 3: Golden Girls.
Speaker 1: Le are a little gay on this said, we love our Golden Girls. All right, Drew Boo. You know, it has been a great week. I think it needs to get greater with a little of Drew's news.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it. Well, there's a couple of there's a few different things going on here. But I wanted to start off by talking about joy Behart because you know, we're talking about the Golden Girls, and certainly she's a Golden Girl. But she was saying that, you know, she said on the show before the view that she's had sex with ghosts.
Speaker 1: Which no, yes, never heard that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, she said on the.
Speaker 1: Show she's had sex with ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's had sexual relations with spiritual entities.
Speaker 1: Like dating, had like one night stands, no sex.
Speaker 3: She didn't say she went out for dinner in a movie with sex.
Speaker 2: This is a strange way for her too, you know, and I'm now you're going to get it into it because we're talking about an eighty one year old woman. But well, then the latest thing that she's talked about is that she really wants to uh to have a seance so she can get advice from some of her friends that have passed on. And you know, because she misses being able to to talk with her friends and get their advice or get their take on different things. So she really, she's serious. She wants to have a seance so that she can these people.
Speaker 3: That's what she said. She's trying to have an orgy.
Speaker 1: All right, Joy Behart, this is what I suggest you do. Halloween is coming up, Thank goodness. There's the stores, by the way, are already started to decorate for Halloween. Literally yesterday, body Works, Bath and body Works. I was in the mall. All right, yeah, July thirtieth and all of their Halloween stuff.
Speaker 3: All Halloween vampires.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I'm here for it. I'm here for it. So Joy, this is what I want to see in October. Have our girl Beyonce on right, And I think y'all should do a segment where y'all do a seance and you call it a seance Beyonce. Would that not be the best segment ever?
Speaker 5: I can picture you in the mall thinking of that and giggling and oh my god, this is what she sance.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'd watch that segment. I haven't wached the view in years, but I'd watch it with a seance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Even know what to say about that. Well, speaking of Halloween, asking news, even though we're we're barely we're barely touching August right now. Dylan Sprouse, you know one on one half of the twins, Cole and Dylan Sprouse, Well, he wants to cast his twin Coal in roles where he gets killed in violent ways. And he talked about this. He talked about this on Live with Kelly and Mark, which by the way, has gotten so much better lately. But and uh, that he but he just he loves this idea that he can find ways to put Cole in movies where he gets killed in violent ways. And I'm wondering, is this a twin thing? Is this like what is this sort of demonic thing that he's wanting to do? And have you do your twins get along? Do your do they have this weird like? I know, Michael, you and your sister when you were little, you always got along. But is there this?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think it's funny because you would think that Alexander would be the one too if this was the case, you know, put his sister in movies where she violently gets murdered. I think it's the other way around, because now she's starting to kind of get that little uh. She does this kind of devil voice. It's like, you know, yeah, it's it's a little scary sometimes like hey, you're like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: It's it's I know, today we dropped her off at school and she.
Speaker 1: Goes bye bye bye, oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well, Nicki Glazer says she has to do a tlend after every roast she does, because she says, it's it's a disgusting place to write from. She says, my mind is in just such a bad place where I'm constantly thinking the worst things about someone, looking at pictures of them and thinking, what is something I can think about them that is going to haunt them for the rest of their life because I'm going to reveal it to everyone. It's a disgusting place to write from, but that that's the job. So I always thought about how this makes the roasty the person being roasted feel, but I never thought about what it does to the people we have to come up with these horrible roast jokes.
Speaker 4: Well job, well done, because she's the best roaster there is, I think there is period the best one. Like the things she says are so dark and unhinged that it really are. They're just so good and so it's good. Just go to YouTube and look at best of Nikki Glazer Roast as a compilation video that has like miiins of views and it is hands down, it'll your jall will be on the floor.
Speaker 1: That's a nod question and it you know, it used to be fun to use a little dark comedy, right, dark humor with a little truth in it, you know, to really you know, get at people. But now, it just it feels everything just feels very vile right now. So I don't even like roast anymore. It just it just it just I just need positivity. We all need is positive.
Speaker 2: Well, that's in our lives. That's Drew's news for today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a little break. We are going to come back with a game. This is the game now and then which Drew bo is going to explain to us when we come back. Welcome back for us to tips everybody. All right, this is lamce Bass. Obviously, I have Turkey churching with me. I got Jay Dizzel, I got Drew Boo, and now it is game time. All right, Drew Bo's got a game from Michael I and can Jay Dizzel play this with us?
Speaker 2: Yes, you all three can play, but I'm going to ask that one of you keeps score over there and then.
Speaker 1: I can keep score to date.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, and then keeps us up to date on the score strout. So let's play a game called now and then here's how it works. I'll describe how a celebrity trend or technology is in the current day, and then I'll and then if you can guess the celebrity or the trend or the technology. When I say that, you get two points. But then if I have to give you the second clue, which is this thing back in the day, then you only get one point.
Speaker 1: Do you understand, Let's just do one?
Speaker 2: Yea yeah, all right? Said so today Today, she is a successful film actress and producer, recently starring in a major Apple TV Seriespoon.
Speaker 5: No, Lisa Cudro.
Speaker 2: No, you already guessed Lance. Okay, so and and and no, just wait, just wait, just wait. And j Dizzel said, Lisa Kudro, that's not correct. So the second clue is she became a who said that me? Okay, you get one point. I hate how you play game.
Speaker 3: It's the worst. What what was you?
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have revealed. You should not have revealed that. That was right answer. It was in your It was the tony voice. I can't help that. I get from how hard you are at playing games, hosting you.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you for that. All right, here's the here's the next question. You get two points if you get it on this first clue. Okay. Today. This platform has been taken over by other platforms like Instagram and.
Speaker 1: TikTok taken over.
Speaker 2: Oh it's been overtaken and popularity.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say my Space.
Speaker 2: That's correct for two points. You can all gets.
Speaker 3: Oh I forgot, I forgot.
Speaker 1: Bring back Tom?
Speaker 2: Remember Tom from my Space?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think Tom needs to be the next president United States? Why not? I think he's very right in the middle. Everyone loves him, Everyone's friends with him.
Speaker 2: So everyone's friends is everyone's friend that coy over the shoulder shot that made him look so cool. Okay, here we go, let's play again. So Lance has three points, everybody else has goose eggs. Okay. Today, he's a critically acclaimed actor and director, known for his work on projects like The Affair and Little Fires.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, Scars Guard.
Speaker 3: Not Stars Guard, Yeah, Don domond Nick.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, all right, I'll give you the second clue. In the early two thousands, this actor was known for his role as a teenheart.
Speaker 5: Th Joshua Jackson.
Speaker 2: That's correct for one point in the.
Speaker 1: Waited that he was in it.
Speaker 2: But he's also an acclaimed director as well, So anyway, Josser Jackson is correct. Point. So now j D has a point. Okay, Yeah, he played pasty.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, a point.
Speaker 3: I see this, but don't worry. I got you today.
Speaker 2: This accessory is remembered as a slightly painful relic of the nineties era slap bracelet.
Speaker 6: That's correct, you bought your son a slap well, it's it was a watch.
Speaker 1: You really love this watch because you know, we watched this show thanks to Jess. Here we watch Gabby's Dollhouse.
Speaker 2: And what are we talking about right now?
Speaker 1: It's really fun. It's you know, at least it's educational. Anyway, it's you know, it's all about cats, right. She has a dollhouse full of cats, and so there's one called sprinkle Cat or yeahcake cat.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of cats, sprinkles fast. Anyway, they have a walk, they have a clock in the.
Speaker 1: Show, and they like ticky talkies. They call it technical and they love Sprinkles. In this watchat Sprinkles all Over had to get it for him and guess what he did. Oh he breaks it within two hours completely show.
Speaker 3: They got a dog.
Speaker 4: And started banking on the glass as hard as you can, like a hammer. Look, look, I'm like, if you do that, it's going to break. And he did it and it shatter and the but it was a slap bris.
Speaker 2: Okay, the stars in the TV series nine one one, Angela Bassett.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think i've seen that one. I think you said he.
Speaker 3: Right, oh he she oh oh. Jennifer love hewittt yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Show Party of five, you get zero because you already guessed one.
Speaker 4: So no, please, you already guessed one too, and you got your Jennifer Aniston point, Jenniferson point.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did did, Yeah you did?
Speaker 1: I mean the second round because no one said it weirdly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't matter. I said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was the first round.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I am a I am a stickler for the rules. Stickler for the rules.
Speaker 3: Are you I can still get one point.
Speaker 1: Though, Okay, I'll give you one point. Get one point, So I guess the final is five to one to one, and I guess I win that one. And that is exactly why I did in the game.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I haven't had a feeling.
Speaker 1: We are running out of time for this show, so you know, I always like to end the show with a little good news because we need some positivity in this world. So Drew Boo, you have found some good news for us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have, all right, let's get to it. First of all, did you know that recently the La Zoo has broken the record for condors hatched in a season with seventeen condors? And these you know, this species needed a lot of help. California Condor has had the California Condor Recovery Program for a long time and it's really working. Our condor and team, they say, has raised the bar once again in collaborate effort to save America's largest flying bird from extinction at the Los Angele Listen Zoo. So Betty White would be proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah she would. But do we really need more condors?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do we really? Sounds more like.
Speaker 2: Your attitude today. I just like news.
Speaker 1: They're in the way, they're big. I mean, do they really help when.
Speaker 3: We need a campaign to make people care about them more?
Speaker 1: It seems like it's pretty expensive to feed these things.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's like con boor. Wait the story personally.
Speaker 2: Its con boor.
Speaker 3: But I guess good for the con population. I guess that's good.
Speaker 2: No, now listen. Like vultures and other scavengers, condors are part of nature's cleaning crew, feeding on the carcasses the large mammals, including deer, cattle, and marine mammals such as wheat, whales, and steels. It's a really im part of a really important part of nature's ecosystems. So they're going to eat our small dogs and little children. Wonderful, this is what we're promoting. Drubu, this is the good news.
Speaker 3: Sounds like JD I hate this show.
Speaker 1: I think we should change the Lakers to the La Condours personally, because you know that we are responsible for them to be surviving.
Speaker 2: I feel like there is a team, the Condors of some sort. Okay, moving on, A team from m I T has discovered a fence, a fascinating chemical reaction that can allow for ships and submarines to power themselves with zero emissions hydrogen by using things like soda cans, sea water, and caffeine.
Speaker 1: This great news, that is I mean, that is that is great news news. But I get you. But what's so sad about this good news is I can already hear half the people in the world being like, screw it as for some reason hating this. I want more emissions.
Speaker 3: I want more What about the soda cans?
Speaker 2: It's really reminding me of my favorite movies that I watch over and over and over to the point that Bridger is like really over it. Back to the future when he pulls up in the second movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he just puts trash.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's really making me think of that. But yeah, these students that m i t's a department of mechanical engineering, have really made some scientific breakthroughs, and hydrogen is being tested in all kinds of applications. It's extremely exciting as potential replacement for diesel because it's got zero carbon emissions. The only output is carbon dioxide also known as excuse me, hydrogen dioxide also known.
Speaker 1: As water water. Yeah, and fun fact, we already have cars that run off of hydrogen. So I mean that technology is there. It's you know, hopefully going to get bigger. It's you know, it's harder. It's going to be a very slow transition because then you got to get all of these you know, quote unquote gas stations hydrogen stations around almost kind of like the electric car havn't to put all these electric stations in.
Speaker 2: And it's about the creation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about the creation overnight changing things. It's about how can we slowly get to a better place and I think this that is really great news all around good stuff like it.
Speaker 2: One one last good news story, Okay, I have a story about this driver for uber eats. He he was driving his car delivering people Chipotle and other things that we order from uber Eats, and concealed inside the bag that he delivered was a handwritten note and he's delivering this and the note says thank you for order. I'm delivering for for money on the side to give my fiance the wedding. She deserves. Any additional tip through the app or Venmo is greatly appreciate. Okay. So this person, Erica Hernandez, she was she had ordered the Chipotle and she said, I don't need this kind of no, she didn't say that. She was really touched by his honesty and dedication. So she shared it on her own TikTok account, this little note, and her TikTok account isn't very big, but it's still the least she could do, she thought. And then all of a sudden, some money starts pouring in because people are seeing this on her TikTok and and he starts getting hundreds of dollars and including chip Chipotle itself donated five hundred dollars. So now the fund is getting bigger and bigger, and he is going to be able to give his fiance the wedding of her dreams. And that's some good news for today.
Speaker 1: That is some good news. You know, everyone, pass it forward, Pass it forward. Find someone you can do something for if it's you know, paying for that coffee for someone behind you, as simple as that, as letting someone get in front of you that didn't have their blinker on, you know, just something nice, passive forward, Start little, then go big.
Speaker 2: All right. The phrases also pay.
Speaker 3: It forward, but yeah, you can pay it forward too.
Speaker 1: Well, you can can'ss it forward? The goodness, the goodness.
Speaker 2: You absolutely ruined my last segment.
Speaker 1: Don't I run all your segments? I mean, That's what I'm here for, just to punch holes in all of Drew Booz's segments. That's what we do. But uh, you know how you can pass it forward? Guys, go to uh register right now because it isn't election, so go to vote dot gov or I think there's one called I will vote dot com. I don't know. Go everywhere google it because one year I remember. Because I'm always harping on voting, because again, I don't like to tell people who to vote for. Whatever, I will tell you who I am voting for, but I'm not gonna persuade you one way or the other. Really, I just want you to register to vote. One year I was trying to get people to register to vote. I was out there doing campaigns for it, and then like two months later I realized I wasn't even registered to vote.
Speaker 3: Oh is that rock the vote back? Then?
Speaker 1: No, okay, you just aged me.
Speaker 4: But okay, sure, yeah, got from Perrys Hilton to the whole thing and then shee.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you just sometimes you just forget or you just don't know. So a lot of brain farting going on. Go check to see if you're registered. So go to vote dot com or I will vote dot com or sorry, fote dot org. No vote dot gov.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, enough caffeine already.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, that's all the show. Thank you so much for being here, Turkey, turch lest Jay, Dizzl, Drew Boo. Be good to each other out there, don't drink and drive, take care of those animals, and we'll see you next time on Frost the Tip. But until then, stay Frosty Hey, thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at Frosted Tips with Lance and Michael Turchinar, and at Lance Beast for all your pop culture needs
Speaker 4: And make sure to write his review and leave us five stars six if you can see you next time.