Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Fun Weekend Hall of Fame speeches Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Luke Keikley. You had Roger Craig and Adam Vinnetieri. Adam VINITERI it looked like he was auditioning for something. He was bringing out all of his one liners. There, took a shot at Peyton Manning, took a shot at Pat McAfee, took a shot well at Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: Thank you for demanding excellence every single day. Your preparation, discipline, and attention to detail shaped.
Speaker 4: Far more than my football career.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately Bill couldn't make it here today.
Speaker 6: There's a lot.
Speaker 5: Going on at UNC right now.
Speaker 3: He may be on a recruiting trip right now, looking for the next Lawrence Taylor. I thought it was because training camp had already started, but in truth, it's because he's judging its girlfriend's cheerleading competition.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, low hanging fruit there, speaking of low hanging fruit. And he did have a shot at Pat McAfee as well, and you could tell there was a big wind up. You know, here it comes, here it comes. And then he thanked Peyton Manning. For allowing them to use his forehead for the teleprompter to read off of all right, pull question Dylan. First hour on this Monday is going to be one.
Speaker 7: Well off of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Dan Pauli sent this one over. What's the toughest position to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame? With kicker slash punter, middle linebacker, running back, center, other perhaps.
Speaker 2: Well, there's only a couple of kickers in the Hall of Fame and there's one punter in the Hall of Fame. I believe Ray Guy, so I would say those positions are very, very challenging.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin specifically kick returner.
Speaker 8: I think it's only Devin Hester who's specifically a kick returner that's in the Pro Football Hall of Fames.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, if you look at this Vinitaria kicker getting in Roger Craig, I mean this is over thirty years since he retired, and then he finally gets in. Luke Keighley is a middle linebacker with concussions and probably retired a year or two early. Larry Fitzgerald playing with Arizona and not playing with great quarterbacks, although he did have Kurt Warner and he ed Carson Palmer. Drew Brees gets drafted by the Chargers and then ends up in Miami for a moment, and you know, you start to think about Drew Brees and I think we've underrated Drew Brees.
Speaker 4: He's got eighty thousand yards.
Speaker 2: His his stats are better than Peyton Mannings. Now, I know, he was nine to nine in the playoffs and Peyton had maybe a five hundred record in the playoffs as well. He did add the other super Bowl that you know in Denver. But when you look at Drew Brees's numbers and the fact that he spent I think five years with the Chargers and then shoulder issues. Nick Saban was going to be his coach and then looked at Drew Brees and said, I don't know if he can play with the shoulder, and then they had Dante Culpepper.
Speaker 4: Saban ends up going to LSU.
Speaker 2: I believe after that, I mean Bama after that, that move changed so much in football college football, at dynasty at Alabama. Drew Brees, Miami doesn't want him. He goes to New Orleans and brings that city a super Bowl. But his numbers better than Peyton Mannings, And I think that surprises people because we look at Peyton, we go, you know, he put up better numbers than anybody, or at least close to it.
Speaker 4: Drew Brees's numbers are crazy, but.
Speaker 2: You start to look, who would have thought a guy who's six' to one has a shoulder issue not considered you a strong arm to begin, with and he's going to be A hall Of.
Speaker 4: Famer Larry.
Speaker 2: Fitzgerald Larry fitzgerald's numbers are mind, Boggling like it's one of those where you, go he he had that many yards and that many catches and that many shutchdowns and he played for that. Organization Luke keickley a middle. Linebacker they don't make The hall Of fame. Anymore Roger. Craig Roger craig was the first running back to give you one thousand yards, rushing one thousand yards, receiving and at the time like that just didn't. Happen AND i don't know if, now given thirty years to look at other running, BACKS i Mean marshall fall And christian, McCaffrey i think that's. It, Hey Roger craig was before his, time and you can't tell the story Of nebraska football or the forty nine ers Without Roger.
Speaker 4: Craig Roger craig.
Speaker 2: Punished he had those knees, up real, high upright running. Style and you, know then you get the news that he has the beginning stages of, dementia AND i hope that he was really able to enjoy the.
Speaker 4: Weekend he had his son there and you know he was so.
Speaker 2: Excited but you wait that, long and The hall Of fame is so difficult to get. In canton is so difficult to get. In there's so many you, know baseball we kind of go, okay football you don't do. That it's really. Rare basketball is. Easier baseball is probably second on that. List and then you Have Pro Football hall Of. Fame it is really tough to get. In, Now Keith lee was great all of, THESE i, mean, vinitari is there a greater clutch kicker in the history of the. Sport you're Winning Super, bowls you forget, about you, know The Tom brady in the, grasp you, know With Charles woodson and he's kicking a field goal in the SNOW afc. Title, GEH i, mean just littered with all of, that and then he goes to The. Colts you've got a couple Of Super bowls that you've. WON i, mean really a great, weekend and it was. Fun it was fun to be able to see these. Players, todd DID i ever get My Drew brees? INVITATION i haven't received.
Speaker 8: IT i was HOPING i had them send it to you, directly but it makes me upset if you didn't see an if they get in the, Mail.
Speaker 4: I'm probably gonna get it like this.
Speaker 2: Week But Drew brees did say he sent me an invitation to go to The Pro Football hall Of.
Speaker 4: Fame seemed very.
Speaker 9: Genuine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, WELL i don't know if he would lie to. ME i don't know if he was like, joking BUT i don't. Know maybe just email me or you, know just say, Hey i'm gonna text you. Here here's a this is what it looks. LIKE i don't need a hard copy to. Go but it was very nice that he did, THERE i. Think but it was fun to. See and you, Know canton surrounds this and it's a it's a great. Moment now get ready because now we got preseason, football college football in the on deck, circle and this is when it gets.
Speaker 4: Fun for the next six.
Speaker 2: Months college football title odds according To, DraftKings Ohio state And Notre dame the co favorites right now plus six. Hundred then It's, Texas, Georgia, Oregon, Indiana, Miami, FLORIDA, Lsu Texas, tech And TEXAS a and. M you start to think about college football now and who has. Experience that's WHAT i want to know as a, quarterback and all of these. Teams IF i look At Ohio, State julian say and one year of, EXPERIENCE Cj carr one, Year Arch manning one year of starting, Experience Georgia's Gunner stockton one year starting, Experience Dante moore To oregon one, Year Josh hoover three years of experience He's indiana's new, Quarterback Darien mensa two years of experience he's At. Miami And Sam levitt two years of experience he came over From Arizona.
Speaker 4: STATE i.
Speaker 2: Believe and you start to look at these players who have this, experience And i'll go back to Bo nix And Jaden.
Speaker 4: Daniels they had a ton of.
Speaker 2: Experience NOW covid had something to do with that as, Well but when you got five years of, experience six years of, experience if You're Carson, beck you're winning over fifty, games you're playing in two really competitive. Conferences that's such an. Advantage now we look at. It if you have one year of, experience maybe, two it's like you're a grizzled veteran and this will have a large say and who wins the national championship because in today's, format experience gets you.
Speaker 4: Through talent gets you.
Speaker 2: There but that experience of being able to rely on a quarterback who has been in the battle before.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: THAT i think that's why you see these teams ranked in the top ten with great.
Speaker 4: Odds all, right what else do you, Have, Dylan, well we got some From todd per. Usual.
Speaker 7: Okay should A hall Of fame speech be used to take shots at, people playful or?
Speaker 4: Otherwise?
Speaker 6: Sure why?
Speaker 4: Not or that's not the time nor the place for. THAT i don't have any problem with.
Speaker 9: IT i.
Speaker 2: Don't Adam vinitcherry's a. Kicker we never hear from. HIM i think we had him on a couple of. Times got a sense of humor WHATEVER i, Mean Michael, jordan he. Wouldn't he was roasting. People he was going after. People i'm okay with. That it's it's kind of. Fun it's your. Day you have the, microphone your, moment do with whatever you want. To you, know it can be, serious can be, emotional it can be, fun be a. COMBINATION i don't have any problem with. That what else doan.
Speaker 7: Another one From todd when it comes to preseason, PREDICTIONS i prefer my team is among the favorites to win a championship or under the, radar.
Speaker 6: Ready to sneak up on the.
Speaker 2: Competition, Well, todd let me ask, you do you want The broncos to be under the?
Speaker 8: RADAR i like exactly where they. Are Bo nix wasn't rated in the top. Tiers no one considers in one of the top, ten maybe even fifteen. Quarterbacks no one's Giving denver any. Love they think that that maybe last year was a. Fluke you hear little things On, instagram but people that cover the, Team But denver's not among the top teams expected to get anywhere near the Super bowl from What i've.
Speaker 4: Seen, OKAY i g it doesn't, matter it, doesn't it, Doesn't BUT i do like.
Speaker 9: THAT i prefer them be under the.
Speaker 8: Radar, then like be A rams fan right, now where if you don't win the Super bowl or at least get there like it was a.
Speaker 9: Failed, season because that's what it's going to be for The.
Speaker 2: Ramps, yeah, okay so what if somebody, says, HEY i think The broncos are going to be the best team in The. West it doesn't mean, anything right, Now that's that's the point of everybody's going to have these predictions guaranteed to go. Wrong who Had seattle in The Super? BOWL i, mean go down the list of who Had New england in The Super. Bowl it doesn't. Matter it's just we're supposed to give a. Prediction that's. All, now if you value the person who's giving the, prediction or you trust them and they have a track, record, Great but you, know if It's Jimmy lipper telling me that.
Speaker 4: He, thinks you, know The.
Speaker 2: Titans are going to be the surprise team in THE Afc, south then, okay what other predictions have you? Made Like Peter schrager's really good at a as you, know making a Super bowl. Prediction he's got a track record and he's not a hot take. Guy when he gives me a Super bowl. PREDICTION i think he Had Green bay In Kansas city last. Year maybe not a great, prediction but you, know prior to, that he's had some really good predictions, there SO i don't get caught up in that at. All now if there's a, trend and that usually is what, happens somebody makes a prediction and then somebody also.
Speaker 4: Go, yeah, Okay i'm gonna change my.
Speaker 2: Opinion LIKE i love The rams last, YEAR i just didn't know If Matthew stafford could.
Speaker 4: Last well he did and won THE.
Speaker 2: Mvp now everybody loves The rams this year because they're, like, Well Matthew stafford's THE. Mvp he's just a year older for, me AND i, GO i hope he can. Survive by the, way remember when the big deal was they took Ty. Simpson when's the last time you heard anybody talking about Ty simpson going to The. RAMS i think he's going to get the first start in preseason AND i saw that AND i, Go i'll be, damn that's. Right they took Ty simpson first round and everybody went, crazy, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 7: And when they drafted, him they're, like there goes THE ram Super bowl chances this. Year got to face the team right, now and everyone's, LIKE i don't see how they don't.
Speaker 2: Win, yeah that's how good they are that they could take their quarterback of the future with THE mvp, there and you Got Aaron donald coming. Back that's a lot of pressure, though because the NFL's. Tricky you, know with the number of games you, have you know, baseball the better team is going to be great during the regular. Season then you bring it down to five games or seven, games that's when you bring everybody back. In with THE, nfl it feels like everybody's back in because there's only seventeen. Games AND i couldn't help but think of this forward press for eighteen games and here we, Are Roger, craig you Got Chris, Johnson Luke keikley retires. Early like this is right in front of. Us we don't want to look at. It it's right, there and THE nfl is not going to talk about. It Roger goodell is not going to be talking about what a great, weekend and you, know we want to further our studies on cte. Als Steve gleeson was, There Steve gleeson of The. Saints it gets right there in front of, us AND i couldn't help but Think Roger, craig at LEAST i hope that he has capabilities to you, know grasp everything that happened this, weekend because that would be a.
Speaker 4: Shame but it looked like he was having a great.
Speaker 2: DAY i can't help but think Of Chris johnson On Good Morning america a couple of weeks, ago and these are running, Backs luke kei cle a middle. Linebacker now you've Got Aaron donald thinking about coming. Back he gets hit on every single. Play he hits somebody on every single, play and maybe maybe nothing. Happens we Had Marshall falcon last week and he, said you, Know i'm just starting to do my research to make Sure i'm okay the rest of my. Life once, Again Roger craig brought that up to let people know.
Speaker 4: Right in front of.
Speaker 1: Us be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Wapp so the goats. HERE i have a podcast. Empire it continues to, grow AND i.
Speaker 9: Have brought it here To.
Speaker 10: iHeart i'm also doing a live radio show from three to five Pm eastern because.
Speaker 9: My wife wanted to kick me out of the.
Speaker 10: House it's Called Stegatzi Company, live which is available on podcast form right when the show finishes every single. Day some of the biggest names in, sports a lot of phone.
Speaker 1: CALLS i love.
Speaker 2: Show it's one of my.
Speaker 10: Favorite a lot of interact sit guys not taking themselves too. Seriously those are just some of the things that you could expect From stu Gottson company And Steve Gotson Company. Live so listen to ste gods And Company live and our original. Podcast please, subscribe rate and Review Stu Gotson company And God Bless. Football taylor's livelihood depends on.
Speaker 4: It you do it today and you can.
Speaker 10: Check all of those out on The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcast or wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts He's kirk Kurbs STREET Espn College Football. Analyst you can also find Him thursday night On Prime. Video and the biggest signing in the off. Season Kirk kurbstreet his Dog. Peter he got an nil deal and he's going to make weekly picks game day picks thanks To hurts and there he.
Speaker 4: Is, Hi, pete how are? You we did ask For peter and and Just peter not.
Speaker 6: You, Hey, HEY i get, IT i get. IT i, mean, uh this is a big it's a big deal with all everybody getting an il. Deals i'm not. Surprised it.
Speaker 4: Hurts, Okay Is peter gonna become a? Diva?
Speaker 11: MAN i hope. Not we we shot a huge commercial with. Him he had everybody all around. HIM i mean it was it was quite a quite a. Scene it was an all day. Performance and he's starting to get a little bit, cocky getting a little bit too big for his.
Speaker 6: Breeches that's What i'm concerned.
Speaker 2: About, Okay but you have Other golden's, THERE i. Do is there any you, know?
Speaker 11: Jealousy you'll see in some of the, spots there's a little little friction, there you. Know I'm I'm i'm talking to him often about just trying to keep it level. Headed AND i, mean look at that.
Speaker 6: Face THOUGH.
Speaker 4: I wish my kids were as well behaved As peter.
Speaker 6: Is every time we come and hang out at the. Top he loves hanging out with you.
Speaker 4: Guys he is. Great.
Speaker 2: Okay IF i gave You Ohio state And Notre dame or the rest of the field to win the national, championship because those are the two favorites right now according To, DraftKings so who would you?
Speaker 11: Take oh my, GOSH i just think there's so many good players. RETURNING i think it's. WIDE i Think, MIAMI i Think. INDY i, know both those teams had great years last. Year by the, Way indiana is not going. Away you know people that Think indiana was a fun. Story mendoza was. Great that was a quick one or two, years as long As signetti is in charge of that, team and get used To indiana being a. Perennial WHEN i say perennial, Power i'm talking top, ten top five every.
Speaker 6: Year so they're not going.
Speaker 11: Anywhere it's really going to come down to both of those, Teams miami And. Indiana the quarterback play with a couple of new faces. There BUT i Love Notre. Dame IF i had to pick a, team you, know in preseason we always have to make. PICKS i probably would pick leaned To Notre. DAME i Think Ohio state's got an abundance of. Talent, obviously with the way they've Recruited julian Saying Jeremih, smith their offense is going to have so much. Firepower but they lost a lot on, defense so you're replacing quite a bit on that side of the.
Speaker 6: Ball BUT i don't.
Speaker 11: Know i'd probably take the. FIELD i think it's just gonna be one of those crazy. Years there's a lot of unpredictable things are going to.
Speaker 4: Happen who is this Year's Fernando. MENDOZA i THINK.
Speaker 11: I Think Matt campbell was going to surprise people quickly how quickly he gets things going At Penn. State beck coming over with, HIM i, mean, again very much like what we saw With indiana with When signetti came over and he brought those guys FROM. Jmu everybody's LIKE, jmu and he had ABOUT i don't know eleven or twelve of them out there.
Speaker 6: Contributing it reminds me very.
Speaker 11: Very similar Now Iowa states NOT, jmu but it reminds me of bringing in A i don't know how many it was, total but he brought a bunch of guys in that know the culture At Iowa.
Speaker 6: State it was very.
Speaker 11: Successful why he was in ames AND i just think between what he's about THE dna and how he runs a program and what he's inheriting and what he's bringing, over don't be surprised If Penn state's hits hits the ground. Running SO i would say right, NOW i would have to Say Penn state could be that.
Speaker 2: Team, okay but who is that player For Nanda? Mendoza OH i.
Speaker 6: THINK i think he could be A Highway, yeah, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Do, now AND i give you, credit but IT'S i remember it was kind of an offhanded you, Know, Hey indiana's got this guy From cal For Nando. Mendoza And i'm, like, What, Yeah and that was two years, ago And i'm, Thinking, okay they got a guy From. CAL a guy From cal is going to be the savior For. Indiana And i'm, thinking but but you were on.
Speaker 4: It you were on it. Early and THEN i was, Like i'm going to remember that And i'll be Damn.
Speaker 11: Dan isn't it interesting, that you, know when you talk to these, Coaches obviously they still go out and, recruit they still put effort into high school, Recruiting but if you really talk to, him they're looking for not necessarily the high profile guy From Ohio state to.
Speaker 6: Transfer they are looking for guys that have maybe two or three years.
Speaker 11: Experience they're at THE mac or they're At division could be, one DOUBLE, AFCs could Be division.
Speaker 6: TWO i, mean look At Trinidad.
Speaker 11: CHAMBLISS i mean he was At Farris state and he played for you, know a year or two and last year he became an incredible story in his own right At Ole miss and he by the, way he gets an extra year of. Eligibility so he's another name that if you were kind of going in With Lane kiff and all that story AT. Lsu by the, way that's week three when they go To Oxford. Trinidad chambliss is a guy that if you're kind of looking for a for a name that was at a very small school and now could become the face of the entire. Sport but it's, different, RIGHT i mean it's it's guys that are at A, cow at A, jmu at A Farris, state and instead of looking at high school recruits who could explode on the, scene we're looking at guys that are sometimes at smaller schools that have a ton of experience that these college coaches are really trying to find a couple hidden gems that maybe gets them over the.
Speaker 4: Hump.
Speaker 2: YEAH i would be taking players, like especially in college, BASKETBALL i would be taking. TRANSFERS i, want you, know a proof of purchase. HERE i want to sample size, here because we've seen guys in high school and you're going this guy can't, miss and then they, miss and then there's that guy that you know maybe didn't get the. Chance then you get a chance to get him after one or two more. Years but you see what's happening With congress. Here how do you think this all plays? Out and how is this going to affect you, know basketball and? FOOTBALL i think we lost audio, There.
Speaker 11: Herbie, nobody nobody knows. Anything that's the one thing we can all agree, on especially when you Get congress involved and trying to predict how that's going to. Go is is not very healthy to to try to. DO I i want to see if that doesn't.
Speaker 6: Pass what the answer?
Speaker 11: Is is this where we're going to get these conferences that that break off and kind of create their own, world their own rules and.
Speaker 6: Regulation?
Speaker 11: Uh could we get anywhere close to collective bargaining agreement where the players become unionized and there's a negotiation when it comes to, portal when it comes to you, know how how much.
Speaker 6: Money can be made by these?
Speaker 11: Players something obviously is going to. Happen Uh is it going to get? Passed with with the government getting? INVOLVED i, mean you know how that? Goes that's that's that's impossible to really feel the already pushed it back To.
Speaker 6: September you'd like to, think.
Speaker 11: Hey maybe every body will come together and try to make some sense out of, this but at this, point you, know you kind.
Speaker 6: Of expect that things will not get worked.
Speaker 11: Out leadership in college athletics is very difficult to. Understand people, think, well is it the N C? Douby clearly it's. NOT i think the conference commissioners have the most, power but they also are worried about their own, constituents which is their you, know the their own. Conferences so it's tough to move, anything get anything. Accomplished and if it doesn't get passed In, SEPTEMBER i LITERALLY i have no idea What PLAN b would, be BUT i would personally love to see a collective bargaining agreement between the players and some kind of entity with the power brokers in college.
Speaker 2: Athletics THE sec is as you, know for the last three, years watch The big ten cash in and win. Championships, yeah if, we, oh, like at what point is their panic in THE?
Speaker 4: Sec this is three in a, row. Yep if you get to, Four.
Speaker 6: DAN i think we passed. It, PERSONALLY.
Speaker 11: I don't think you can argue with the, results, RIGHT i, mean it's not just three in a. Row what people are overlooking for me, anyway is the head to. HEAD i think The Big ten is six and two against THE sec.
Speaker 6: In the last two. Years and when when when it.
Speaker 11: Was the other way, Around that's all you heard about Whether big ten can't play with THE. Sec it wasn't just the national. Titles it was turning On New Year's day and watching you, know that second Tier bowl game and THE sec blowing out The Big, ten and you, know that's what we used to talk.
Speaker 6: About, geez look look at the.
Speaker 11: DIFFERENCE i personally that if you if you look for the, WHY i think in this new era that we're, IN i think The big ten has proven to do a better job of keeping their players more in vents in their. Team, meaning, hey if we're seven to three or we're eight and four and we're going to The Outback bowl or The Citrus bowl or whatever it. IS i feel LIKE sec players are like as soon as they're out of the, PLAYOFF i feel like they're like them and their, Agent i'm out of. Here AND i feel like The Big ten is doing a much better job of keeping them invested to the finish.
Speaker 6: Line maybe THE sec will learn from, this.
Speaker 11: AND i don't know what they can do to tweak, it BUT i noticed that When South carolina Plays illinois in a bowl game and you're, watching one team looks really inspired and one team does.
Speaker 6: It iowa Plays. VANDY i, mean these are good teams during the regular.
Speaker 11: Season you turn it on and one team looks really fired up to be. There it's almost like The Big ten is tired of hearing about THE sec, collectively and they're out to kick some, ass and THE sec.
Speaker 6: Is, like, Whatever i'm going to THE, Nfl i'm.
Speaker 11: Transferring they're just not invested in this new, era and not to mention the way the funds now are being spread out evenly throughout the entire. Country SO i THINK i think the the the.
Speaker 6: Fans of THE.
Speaker 11: Sec maybe the players don't, care but the fans of THE sec are tired already of hearing about The Big.
Speaker 2: TEN i thought When Urban meyer went To Ohio, state he was yet THEY i saw When florida Played Ohio state six, yes and that was a different speed on one sideline than the, other AND i Thought urban probably changed The Big, ten or at least he brought THE sec to The Big, ten.
Speaker 11: AND i think he said. THAT i think he publicly or. PRIVATELY i remember when he first got To Ohio, state he talked about he kind of challenged The Big ten and said, that you, know you've got to push the envelope a little bit when it comes to. Recruiting you you got to go out there and find. Speed and the days of three yards and a cloud of dust are no longer good. Enough AND i also Think i'm just sitting around watching over the course of the last couple of weeks THE sec media, days in The Big ten media, days well you start to look top to bottom at the coaches in The Big. Ten not to take anything away from THE, sec but you, know The Big ten is doing this With Michigan, state which is usually a, staple they're kind of not really. Involved Fitz eason now there and he'll he'll probably eventually get them.
Speaker 6: Back.
Speaker 11: WISCONSIN i, Mean Barry alvarez Forever beelam when he went, there, forever they were a ten to nine to ten win.
Speaker 6: Team they've been gone With Luke.
Speaker 11: Fickle imagine If fickle gets them, Going imagine If Michigan.
Speaker 6: STATE i, mean this is being done without.
Speaker 11: Some of the schools that typically get to eight or nine wins that NOW i think have a chance with the. Coaching the depth of coaching that they have in The Big ten is super impressive to me when you start at the top and work your way all the way down.
Speaker 2: Kirk Kurb street of The. Mothership so explain to me The Hurts Gold squad and what what your Dog peter is going to be doing this.
Speaker 11: Year this Gold, Squad and you've probably seen commercials on. It it's it's like this elite team Of golden retrievers that kind of brings smile smiles to travelers.
Speaker 6: All over the, country you, know in.
Speaker 11: Airports you, know you just look at at these at These goldens and their. Personalities IF i owned the, BUSINESS i would probably put.
Speaker 6: A golden right out in the. Lobby you. Know they just kind of get people to feel.
Speaker 11: Better And peter's honored to be able to join this this squad and hopefully get a chance to meet a lot of fans throughout the, country whether it's at games with The Elite squad or you, know possibly at, airports whoever it might.
Speaker 6: Be but it's a heck of a.
Speaker 11: Group of That he's honored to be a part of and they'll be traveling around starting in a couple of, weeks throughout the entire.
Speaker 2: Country the question was actually For, peter BUT i mean you, Did, OKAY i.
Speaker 6: Did, hey that's the. Thing, hey he's making picks this.
Speaker 11: Year, now it's gonna be unique and different and how how they're gonna how hurts they're going to deliver these.
Speaker 6: Picks But i'm kind of, like you, know CAN i make a? Pick they're, like, no, no, no we. Don't we don't need you Can peter make the.
Speaker 11: Picks i'm, like all, right here he, is you, know so we'll see how he. Does i'm going head to head against him this year and hopefully wouldn't be surprised if he beat.
Speaker 9: Me with my.
Speaker 6: Picks that's that's.
Speaker 4: Easy bringing back up SO i can say, Goodbye.
Speaker 6: Dan what's you say by come?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 6: Betime he give me big? Here?
Speaker 4: Yes how much does he?
Speaker 11: Weigh he's about ninety five, pounds about seventy in his.
Speaker 2: Head that's a big. Noggin that's a that's a like a size eight and a half head.
Speaker 4: There tell, yeah he's an eight and a. Half yeah for. Sure good to talk to. You herbie thank you, too.
Speaker 6: Man you got It.
Speaker 4: Bed That's Kirk.
Speaker 1: Kurbstreet Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 2: Live adam Vin, terry who knew he's up there taking shots at, People Roastmaster general there The hall Of famer joining us on the. Program all, right did you run your speech by anybody before you gave it this?
Speaker 4: Week?
Speaker 3: Yeah you, know, honestly my, speech my oldest, SON aj AND i kind of worked on my speech from the get, go kind of bouncing jokes off each. Other my, wife who hadn't heard the, speech just heard some of the. Jokes she told me exactly what you. Said you can't turn Her hall Of fame, speech you, know thank you to everybody into a. Roast AND i, Said i'm. Not i'm throwing some, jokes But i'm reeling it back in and giving guys love in the. Process SO i finally had to sit her, down give her the, speech and then she, Was, okay these are pretty.
Speaker 5: Good they're gonna be all.
Speaker 2: Right, okay The pat McAfee. Line your wife was fine with. That joke too.
Speaker 3: Well pat said it a hundred times on his, show so she's heard.
Speaker 5: It a bunch of.
Speaker 3: TIMES i threw a little spin just to make it, funny but she it took a little bit of. Convincing BUT i think after she heard it about a dozen, times it desensitized her a little bit and she was, like all, right it's gonna be. Okay but all eyes and all cameras were on. Her.
Speaker 4: Right have you heard From Coach? BELICHICK i have not.
Speaker 5: YET i have not.
Speaker 3: Yet brady reached out to me, said really, FUNNY i hope you have a hangover this morning kind of thing the following.
Speaker 5: Day SO i have not heard From coach.
Speaker 2: Yet what About peyton was in the. Audience he was fine with the forehead.
Speaker 5: Joke he was he thought it was pretty. Good i'm sure his brother teaches him about.
Speaker 3: That so that's always kind of the thing that people like to give him a little crap. About, so you, know everything THAT i said was all in fun. Love, OBVIOUSLY i love all those. GUYS i wouldn't mention them if they didn't mean the world to, me so, Hopefully and here's the other. Thing there's a couple of those guys THAT i threw a couple jokes. At hopefully it will be on the stage here very soon and they'll get their opportunity to throw.
Speaker 4: It back at.
Speaker 2: Me compare the nerves of going on and doing your speech to kicking a game winning field.
Speaker 5: Goal kicking a game winning field goal is.
Speaker 3: EASIER i think it was funny all of all of the older guys that you know came up to, us and they all had bets on who was.
Speaker 5: Going to cry or who was going to cry.
Speaker 3: First you, know it's a common thing that you get, emotional and to be honest with, YOU i had the toughest time until the morning.
Speaker 5: OF i just repped it so many times to try to get.
Speaker 3: It a little bit less desensitized in me BECAUSE i couldn't get through it without getting. Emotional and THEN i saw my dad WHEN i started mentioning it to, him and then.
Speaker 5: It screwed me up BECAUSE i lost my train of. Thought and then Now i'm now Now i'm all messed up.
Speaker 3: Myself SO i literally at that point had to look away from my family at the other teleprompter Because i'm, like IF i look at, Them i'm gonna lose.
Speaker 5: It so tried to be as professional AS i could kind of sort.
Speaker 4: Of do you feel different? Today you, know.
Speaker 3: It's one of those situations that you dream about it all your life and and then you get the knock on the door and then it's all about it's game week, again, right, preparation making sure that you do the right things and say the right.
Speaker 5: Things and and it was funny BECAUSE.
Speaker 3: I was really really nervous sitting there listened in To fitzgerald' speech knowing THAT i was.
Speaker 5: Going to be up in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Later but there was a weird calmness WHEN i WHEN i watched the video And boom was talking about the stories and and.
Speaker 5: THEN i was just, like you know what this. Is this is what we. Do you're, prepared you're you're ready to. Go AND i think that this holds true with football as.
Speaker 3: Well if you're, out if you practice and you're prepared and you do everything, right then then when it's game, time it comes.
Speaker 5: Easier SO i won't lie to.
Speaker 3: YOU i was nervous for the last several months writing the speech and thinking about WHO i need to, add and unfortunately you can't talk about.
Speaker 5: Everybody Coach.
Speaker 3: Doungee bill Pull in like there's so many people out there THAT i WISH i had more time to.
Speaker 5: Think but this was maybe one of those.
Speaker 3: Speeches that you didn't want to get mentioned in because if you, did you're getting. Roasted so probably those guys are sitting, back please don't mention my name in.
Speaker 4: This who was The hall Of famer you wanted to?
Speaker 5: Meet oh, man there's so.
Speaker 3: MANY i tell you, What Joe green did an incredible toast in the bus room when it was just Us hall of.
Speaker 5: FAMERS i, MEAN i look around and you, Know.
Speaker 3: Ronnie lott sat next to us in THE nichekei the Ray nichke luncheon because obviously he played With Roger, craig and you, know AND i just EVERYWHERE i, LOOK i saw my. Heroes it. Was it was the most incredible time sitting in front of the team photo and there's one hundred and twenty plus Us new five.
Speaker 5: Guys it.
Speaker 3: Was it was really really, humbling just because even at my earliest, memories you, Know Franco harris And Lynn swan and you, Know Terry bradshaw and then then you, know And i'm obviously mentioning The Pittsburgh, steelers but but you, Know Joe, montanne like all of these guys that WHEN i grew up as a, KID i just idolized.
Speaker 5: THEM i dreamt that SOMEDAY i would meet.
Speaker 3: Them and and NOW i get to be on the same team as, them, right and and them just. Welcoming they don't care if you're a, kicker they don't care what position you. Played everybody in that organization or that. Fraternity now we're all. Brothers and and it's you lose football once you once you step away from the. Game the thing THAT i feel like THAT i miss the most is the locker, room the you, know the just being around the, guys the, banter guys teasing each other and talking trash to each, other and being.
Speaker 5: Back in that situation was well. HUMBLING i got goosebumps talking about it right.
Speaker 3: Now but it was just so great to know that you're part of a family that they say you can't ever get cut. From you're you're a member for life and. ETERNITY i guess. Right so it was really really a wild.
Speaker 2: Experience He's ADAM Vinenteri hall Of fame kicker and won Four Super. Bowls If i'm going to take one kick out of your, career what's the one that you say that one.
Speaker 3: WOULD i would say the game Tying Division zo playoff, game The Snow, bowl tough, rule, whatever when you want to call, it that's the one That i'm.
Speaker 5: Absolutely the most proud.
Speaker 3: Of you could have made a tougher situation down by Three Blizzard playoff. Game you miss, It you're cleaning out your locker the next, day and just the sure difficulty of making THAT i still WONDER i watched. It anytime it's, ON i have to watch it Because i'm still blown away THAT i made that kick because of the intensity of. It can never you can never discount your dream come true as a kicker of thinking about.
Speaker 9: You, know.
Speaker 5: Being you, know kicking a game Winning Super bowl.
Speaker 3: KICK i, mean that's that's absolutely the thing THAT i dreamt about the most in my entire life life as a. Kid all the way tell the moment that had, Happened but the one That i'm the most proud of is the one in the snow because just out of the, difficulty but whenever you can end A Super bowl and you're world champions coming off of the coming off your, FOOT i think that's probably one of the greatest moments as, well.
Speaker 4: You've got A brady STORY i haven't, heard.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 5: KNOW i JUST i admire him so.
Speaker 3: Much you, know obviously we've all seen his draft day photos and and how he started and then how he you, know when he came, in when when When bloodsol got injured that, game and watching how great of a teammate he, was and how hard he worked to take care of his, body into how he studied and how he led the. Team there's just so many things that WHEN i think Of Tom brady and and his his, greatness IT'S i just LIKE i said in my, SPEECH i was so honored that our paths came together and we got to write that story.
Speaker 5: Together OBVIOUSLY i left and and he, uh he.
Speaker 3: Continued on and kept on building that dynasty and his legacy for many many more.
Speaker 5: Years but how we all started it.
Speaker 3: Together those guys on that two thousand and one, team you, know they're just as much my true brothers is my biological.
Speaker 5: Genetic, brothers their family like anybody. Else for.
Speaker 2: Sure my Guy, fritzie who is the one who books the guest he critiqued Your hall Of fame, Speech, todd would you like to say To adam what you thought of his.
Speaker 8: Speech, yeah my concern is when you're doing anything that's in a roasting, fashion or you're making a joke that may or may not call fall. Flat that was really basically my only concern as far as the time and place when you're thanking everyone and you're going through your childhood and all the people that came out to see.
Speaker 9: You so that was my big.
Speaker 8: Concern you don't want your special moment of being ducked into The hall Of fame ruined because someone may have gotten offended or it took something the wrong way when you were just trying to make a joke or say something like.
Speaker 9: That so that's that was the only POINT i want to, well.
Speaker 5: And WHAT i tried to.
Speaker 3: DO i started hartfelt, obviously talked about you, know my family and what they meant to, me come my grassroots From South dakota and just along the way HOW i got.
Speaker 5: There and then OBVIOUSLY i wanted to keep The hall of.
Speaker 3: Famers you, know the guys that were sitting on the, stage they always tell, us, hey, man make it, short like don't we don't want to be sleeping up.
Speaker 5: Here they give, you you.
Speaker 3: Know put a little pressure on, you, Right SO i Said i'm going to make it entertaining and then the heartfelt. Part the hardest part for me is WHEN i was addressing, FOOTBALL i wanted to make it be you're a, person and how DO i thank you for? IT i tried to make it poetic at the, end, right and that was the hardest part for. Me every TIME i did, THAT i literally would be wiping tears away from my.
Speaker 5: Face and SO i wanted it to start.
Speaker 3: SENTIMENTAL i wanted to make people, laugh and THEN i wanted to end it with a bang at the.
Speaker 5: End so HOPEFULLY i accomplished.
Speaker 3: That if if people got offended or thought it was, INAPPROPRIATE i apologize to you.
Speaker 2: Guys but apologize to anything To todd's the buzzkill at.
Speaker 8: IT i will Add i'm a Huge bronco, fan so anybody associated with The patriots and, cults you got to understand with a, Wink i'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Be critical before you say one. Word it's, okay, Right Adam.
Speaker 2: Todd todd was critical of your speech until he found out we were going to have you, on and then all of a sudden he started to backtrack a little bit on that he Was he was critical Of Michael Jordan's hall Of fame speech as. Well just want to just want to let you know you're in good company. There, congrats thank.
Speaker 4: You, yeah and, uh you're A hall Of famer. Man feels.
Speaker 5: WONDERFUL i never knew gold looked that good on.
Speaker 3: Me i'm definitely tickle pink AND i just it's still it's weird to even say it hasn't one hundred percent sunken in, yet but, uh you, know my. CLASS i couldn't have been more honored listening to their speeches and being around them for the last seven, months just the pros. PROS i just got to develop great relationships with those, guys And i'm so happy That i'm going to be able to share that and be part of their class.
Speaker 2: Forever Maybe gronk goes in next year and you'll And belichick that's, right yeaph, Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah and then Obviously brady the following. YEAR i mean THAT i would BE i mean that's a that's a guarantee.
Speaker 4: YOU i would have thought you would go in Before.
Speaker 2: Belichick, yeah it's it's pretty wild for.
Speaker 4: SURE i want to go To gronk's party the after, Party oh me.
Speaker 5: Too hopefully he invites.
Speaker 6: Me we.
Speaker 5: Weren't we. Weren't we're obviously both, patriots not all.
Speaker 3: Both but here's the, thing right when you're a gold, jacket you get a bounce around and go to the.
Speaker 5: Party so even if he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Invite, him thank, You, adam thank, you thanks for having me. On Adam, Vinit Terry hall Of, Famer Todd.
Speaker 9: Hall Of, Famer Adam nitary have the patriots and.
Speaker 4: Cults, okay you didn't THINK i was gonna call you, out did you?
Speaker 8: Ask the interview was going by him LIKE i think he's gonna make me give me a reprieve and he's not going to come to, it but we just knuck it in.
Speaker 7: There, Yes, DYLAN i, thought as far as backtracks, go that was actually pretty well.
Speaker 12: Executed Credit no about thought about THE i said all the time, Anyway but do you want to say someone that can take away from your special day in your in your history of your.
Speaker 9: Life it's, like that was great. Thing he's A hall of, Famous but why do you make that comment About belichick Or Peyton? Manning they got upset about.
Speaker 2: It he talked about how he's going to miss the camaraderie of giving each other grief in the locker.
Speaker 4: Room that's probably last call for. Him you're in the.
Speaker 2: Bus you had problems With Michael jordan's Retirement hall Of fame.
Speaker 8: SPEECH i was ready to Critique adam before he said one. Word up, then because Of New england and the.
Speaker 2: Cult he's still, listening Though i'm sure he should. Be he's got, this he's got this puzzled.
Speaker 4: Look very he's not Leaving. Todd he's got one more cold jacket THAN i.
Speaker 5: Have i'm still.
Speaker 2: Listening four rings and a gold.
Speaker 9: Jacket god bless.
Speaker 4: Him, alrighty That's hall Of Famer Adam Vin terry