Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty. He did what was right for our nation, and so.
Speaker 3: On that terrible day September tenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Five, our greatest evangelist for American liberty became immortal.
Speaker 1: He's a model now for American freedom.
Speaker 5: The Charlie Cook Memorial yesterday, Charlie Kirks Memorial, drew about one hundred million people in viewership according to ratings.
Speaker 2: I just saw.
Speaker 5: That's big. They had about two hundred thousand people show up in person. They got about eighty thousand people into the building. It was five hours long, and it was a combination of politics and you know, tent revival, thereat, the next great awakening of Christianity in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really interesting.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch the whole thing again, it was five hours long, but what I witnessed personally and the clips I've come across as well, the good, the bad, the ugly, the strange. It was a very American ceremony. And we'll play you some of the highlights and perhaps you might think low lights.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But that was Donald J.
Speaker 6: Trump, the President of the United States, who was the keynote speaker, the last fella to speak, and he went on for about forty five minutes. What he just said there was beautiful, I think, and most can agree with it. Then he went on to say this.
Speaker 4: It was a missionary with a noble spirit and a great, great purpose, did not hate his opponents.
Speaker 1: He wanted.
Speaker 2: The best for them. That's where I disagreed with Charlie.
Speaker 5: I hate my opponent and I don't want the best for them.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I am sorry, Erica.
Speaker 3: But now Erica can talk to me and the whole group and maybe they can convince me that that's not right.
Speaker 2: But I can't stand my opponent.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. It's interesting taking it. It seems to have been, you know, ad libbed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know what, it's a lot more charming in the audio than it is in print. Sure, because a lot of news outlets are going with that, and in the cold black and white to print, it seems very well cold. But I like the way he said, Sorry, Erica, I'm trying, but you know it was it was a very human I didn't mind that a bit. Speaking of Erica Kirk, she wowed, as she seems to every time she opens her mouth. Charlie Kirk's widow, in the new CEO for Turning Point USA, said this, that man, that young man.
Speaker 7: I forgive him.
Speaker 8: I forgive him because it was what Christ did.
Speaker 7: And is what Charlie would do. The answer to hate is not hate.
Speaker 1: The answer we.
Speaker 8: Know from the Gospel is love and always love, love for our enemies, and love for those who persecute us.
Speaker 5: And she's like, I'm looking up at the TV bank right now. She is on all three networks right now, the big networks, which don't mean anything, by the way, which is a part of the FCC discussion we'll get to later. But as Joe pointed out in our one tremendous amount of fair positive coverage from the mainstream media media about what she had to say yesterday, which was heartening. The lead up to her saying she forgives him was that the young man that killed her husband was the exact sort of guy, young man that Charlie Kirk was going around the country trying to reach with his message of the Gospels. Again, the emphasis from her was really more about spreading the Word of Jesus, and then you know, throughout the five hour Speakethon there is stuff that leaned more toward, you know, the politics of it as opposed to spreading the Gospel.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think that's probably at least somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that Charlie is characterized over and over again as a proselytizer for Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump, Right, yeah, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: So I think that's what I missed in the last week because I was not. I'm not a young man, that's for certain, and I was not in the Charlie Kirk orbit. What I think I missed most mainstream media is missing because how much of the mainstream media that covered his assassination, and since then some of them didn't even know his name, and then some of them knew his name, but nothing beyond that, and then all of a sudden they're covering it, and it's just he was a surrogate for Donald Trump as opposed to is a surrogate for Jesus. That's his main thing in life is going around the country preaching the Gospels.
Speaker 6: And certainly part of the package of messages he brought to people went beyond that, sure, but it was all about you know, principles and holding them dear, and which principles work for your life and which don't speaking which I think this is a perspective worth hearing.
Speaker 1: Clip forty two. This is ABC News.
Speaker 9: Tens of thousands of mourners gathering at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, to honor slain conservative activist Charlie Kirk. Attendees asked to dress in their quote Sunday best, with red, white, and blue colors encouraged. The service was given the high possible security risk assessment rating by the Department of Homeland Security, local police telling our Jacqueline Lee that the stadium would be monitored by thousands of cameras and hundreds of law enforcement officers, some on horseback, others equipped with canine units and drone support.
Speaker 6: Lots of drone support, from what I understand, which was obviously missing on that dark, dark day.
Speaker 5: Right which you know we talked about this a little while you were gone. Was talking to a friend in the world of security. It's unrealistic to have. Well, first of all, Donald Trump nearly got killed with presidential level security, right. He came close enough to getting killed two different times with presidential level security, one of them after a previous assassination attempts. He can't get better security than that. The idea that you're going to have anything with him, you know, miles of that for every controversial person that steps onto a college campus.
Speaker 2: It's just unrealistic.
Speaker 6: Wow wow, yeah, true. So I think there was one more. I definitely wanted to run. Well, here's a question for you, Jack. Do you want Marco Rubio being very sincere speaking eloquently or Tucker Carlson being weird?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, I won't actually have time for both. Yeah, I want to hear both of those. Yeah, bring us Rubio first. Michael forty seven place.
Speaker 1: His deep belief that we were all created, every single one.
Speaker 7: Of us before the beginning of time, by the hands.
Speaker 5: Of the God of the universe and all powerful God, who loved us and created us for the.
Speaker 1: Purpose of living with him in eternity.
Speaker 6: But then sin entered the world and separated us from our creator.
Speaker 1: And so God took on the form of.
Speaker 5: A man and came down and lived among us, and he suffered like men, and he.
Speaker 1: Died like a man.
Speaker 5: But on the third day he rose unlike any mortal man.
Speaker 1: And then, and to prove any.
Speaker 3: Doubters wrong, he ate with his disciples so they could see and they touched his wounds.
Speaker 5: He didn't rise as a ghost or as a spirit, but his flesh.
Speaker 1: And then he rose to the heaven.
Speaker 3: But he promised he would return, and he will.
Speaker 5: And when he returns, because he took on that death, because he.
Speaker 1: Carried that cross, we were freed from the sin that separated us from him.
Speaker 3: And when he returns, there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and we will all be together and.
Speaker 7: We are going to have a great reunion.
Speaker 5: There again with Charlie and all the people we love.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and God bless me.
Speaker 5: That's not about Donald Trump. Yeah, that's not about Donald Trump. And that's what most of the crowd is there for, is that sort of thing. And I do think that that has been missed the last week and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'd meant to make the point after the clip from ABC News that they're now referring to. Charlie Kirk is a conservative activist which has evolved slightly from far right wing provocateur, which seemed to be the wording of choice. I believe this is no pun intended, a turning point and a preference cascade, a term you've heard us throwing around lately. We'll talk about that a little bit more later in the hour.
Speaker 1: Let's see, is now the appropriate time, Michael.
Speaker 6: To speak to the good folks about our friends at Webroot. Yes, Webroote. TransUnion confirmed a breach recently, over four million people affected.
Speaker 1: That's a wake up call, friends, let's do this.
Speaker 5: That's a company that got hacked and then it affects you, as we all know, or sometimes you can get hacked and that is a nightmare. Can take one hundred to two hundred hours to fix yourself your life when it gets disrupted by somebody who breaks into your you know, your phone, your computer, whatever. These breaches are happening constantly, and that's why we use Webroot total protection. It's not just anti virus, it's identity protection from up to ten people, dark web monitoring, and up to a million dollars in fraud expense reimbursement if something bad should happen. Twenty four to seven US based support, an elder fraud hotline, VPN, cloud backup, anti virus, the whole package.
Speaker 1: It's like digital armor for your entire household.
Speaker 5: Get fifty percent off Webroot Total Protection on Webroot Essentials at webroot dot com slash armstrong webroot dot com slash armstrong again, that is webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 6: All right, ladies and gentlemen, I happen to be watching Live when Tucker Carlson came on and he did his Tucker Carlson act, and it.
Speaker 3: Actually reminds me of my favorite story ever. So it's about two thousand years ago in Jerusalem and Jesus shows up and he starts talking about the people in power, and he starts doing the worst thing that you can do, which is telling the truth about people. And they hate it, and they just go bonkers. They hate it, and they become obsessed with make and stop. This guy's got to stop talking. We've got to shut this guy up. And I can just sort of picture the scene in a lamp lit room with a bunch of guys sitting around eating hummus, thinking about what do we do about this guy telling the truth about us?
Speaker 1: We must make him stop talking. And there's always.
Speaker 3: One guy with the bright idea, and I could just hear him say I've got an idea, why don't we just kill him. That'll shut him up, that'll fix the problem. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand exactly what he's saying. They thought they was unhinged visually. Oh really, I see that's interesting that that's the way you describe it, because I've only heard that and read about it, and it sounded like a pretty good description of what happened. You got Jesus spreading the word and being disruptive to the powerful, and they thought we'll kill him, and that did not shut him up. And he's making point about Charlie kirk Charlie Kirks got killed, and that is not going to shut him up or end his movement either.
Speaker 1: No, No, indeed, quite the opposite. I believe.
Speaker 6: I think it's worth noting, as a semi professional communicator that Trump's words were made much more human and and and endearing by hearing the actual audio as opposed to the print, where Tucker's were made to seem much more reasonable and and you know, acceptable in print than the audio slash visual, which again I found. I mean, he was like cracking himself up with the cleverness of his comparison, it's just weird.
Speaker 5: Tucker did say some strong things anti Pam Bondi following Trump's orders over the weekend, that I was happy to hear the right and left seems to have joined hands. Normal right and left have joined hands in the now. We can't call hate speech. We can't start cracking down on something called hay speech hate speech. And we need to talk about that later because I think that's a good movement, maybe a turning point itself.
Speaker 2: Lots of stuff on the way, stay here.
Speaker 5: You know, Tucker Carlson was clearly right in his comparison that, you know, the in the attempt to shut down Jesus's message, they killed him and it only amplified the message. I think that is almost certainly true of Charlie Kirk. I mean, his organization is going to be bigger than it's ever been. His wife is going to continue delete it. So people who were, you know, doing touchdown dances about him dying, thinking that shut up that voice are just wrong, just factually wrong. But then you know, the killer he was just he just had the toll trans thing I think is what drove him.
Speaker 6: Right, right and a disaffected hyper online gamer Unplugged from Reality, troubled Kid, just terrible. The Babylon PE's headline to your point, Jack twelve million Charlie Kirks created overnight, which I thought was a good one, and they retweeted or just showed a note from Matt who's part of Turning Point USA. He writes, we have eighteen thousand new chapter requests since Erica spoke. We had nine thousand college chapters and eleven hundred high school chapters prior to this. This is the Turning Point, which I thought was really interesting, and then I came across with the help of honorary producer Jeff.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sending along.
Speaker 6: Jeff Glen Harlan Reynolds, who is the writer and thinker I've been quoting when talking about preference distortions and preference cascades, and he writes on this topic, preference cascades were large portions of the public, often a majority conceal their views for fear of punishment, which leads to everybody having a distorted view of who thinks what and what percentage of people think what anyway, only to re field those views when some precipitating event takes place. And his classic example includes the fall of some communist regimes like Romania, where the dictator Chichesku himself thought everyone loved him until shortly before he was stood up in front of a wall and shot because everybody despised him, but everybody was afraid to say so. Anyway, he says, usually those things happen in one direction, but in contemporary America they're happening in two. The murder of Charlie Cook at the hands of a leftist gunman has revealed it in many I got to jump in with a Kirk, did I say Cook?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I'm rereading it.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: I know, it's so odd.
Speaker 6: The murder of Charlie Kirk at the hands of a leftist gunman has revealed that many, many more Americans and even people elsewhere around the world supported Charlie and his views and was commonly appreciated. And he goes into New Zealanders in London dancing the Hakka dance in his honor people all over the US as well as Rome, London, Germany, Israel. Charlie's views, uniformly disparaged by the presses far right, are in fact mainstream generally held by the majority of people. His assassination has caused people to step forward and realize that the normal American community.
Speaker 1: Is a huge majority.
Speaker 6: I like that normal Americans as as.
Speaker 1: If Irish American. That's very thing.
Speaker 6: As Jonathan Turley writes, Charlie was brave and he was brash. He refused to yield to the threats while encouraging others to speak out on our campuses. He was particularly hated for holding a mirror to the face of higher education, exposing the hate and hypocrisy on our campuses. For decades, faculty have purged the ranks of conservatives and libertarians. Faced with the intolerance of most schools. Polls show that a large percentage of students.
Speaker 5: Hide their values to avoid retaliation from faculty or their fellow students.
Speaker 6: Charlie chose to change all that. TPUSA challenges people to engage and debate them. People are getting the courage not to hide their views, which is problematic for the left, who state has consisted of using bullying in propaganda to convince eighty percent of Americans that the view and other people, we'll just say the population. They've used bullying in propaganda to convince eighty percent of the population, that the views of the twenty percent of the population are in the majority not anymore.
Speaker 2: That could be a turning point. That's very interesting.
Speaker 5: Vice President Vance gave quite a emotional and emotional speeches he and Charlie Kirk got closed over the last couple of years. He said it's better to die a young man in this world than sell your soul for an easy life with no purpose, no risk, no love, and no.
Speaker 6: Truth, which got a out of cheers. Yeah, we autograph some quotes of JD. I surprised we don't have them, but maybe for later in the show. Will this event actually break through and be looked back at as a point of inflection.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It's difficul to make a dent in the modern world. Everything comes and goes so fast.
Speaker 6: I don't think it'll be a sitcom or a rom com moment of inflection.
Speaker 1: It's going to take a long time in a lot of hard work. But yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris's new book coming out got some fun highlights and I almost.
Speaker 2: Got attacked by there arm Trong and Getty, but it's true. Kamala admits Waltz was never her first.
Speaker 5: Choice it's the fastest she's turned her back on someone since Willie Brown asked her to roll over.
Speaker 2: Terrible, terrible, it's the crowd reaction. I like to that.
Speaker 5: Not particularly good joke, Okay, coming up drama in real life, nearly eaten by a bear or anyway, it was enough that we ended up packing up our campsite at four point thirty in the morning and leaving in the dark because neither one of us can get back to sleep after the bear. M So that coming up in a little bit, that joke about Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris's book. I assume it's coming out eventually. It keeps being talked about. It's been going on for months with more. It's probably not even that long a book. Pretty soon all the excerpt the entire book will be out in.
Speaker 6: Excerpts, and it's ironic as nobody wants to read it.
Speaker 5: No, not really, but Mark Alpern makes this point today in his newsletter. Before I get to some more bits of the book, a super anti Trump New York Times commalist trashes Kamala Harris in her new tome to such a degree in the New York Times this weekend that gives one a clear indication of how difficult it would be for her to gain enough support to compete for the Oval office, as in, you know, if the anti Trump New York Times is gonna trash Kamala Harris this bad and where's the support gonna come from?
Speaker 2: If she decides, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think she's gonna run, but no, no.
Speaker 5: Not if not, if she has any grasp of reality. I don't think she has any grasp of reality. But I just don't think the money's gonna come together and enough people, but she won't be able to get any of the talent on board.
Speaker 2: AnyWho.
Speaker 5: Back to the book being reviewed in The New York Times, A couple of parts that I thought were interesting or funny even before the disaster of a debate had ended. We all know what debate we're talking about. Kamala writes. The campaign staff had sent her wildly unrealistic talking points to guide her in television appearances. You know, obviously she's got to go on TV after the debate, and her staff was figuring out what she was going to say that night.
Speaker 6: The President at cold he he was slightly tired from I don't know, flying around the world, flapping his.
Speaker 5: Arms, including Joe Biden won he fought through his cold as he was fighting for the American people.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, that's gold right there.
Speaker 5: Harris's reaction in the book is italicized. As it points out here, there are a couple of sentences in italics that say, are you kidding me? No, don't feed me that bulls And as the reviewer writes, it's not clear if she actually said that to someone. She's describing what she thought, or she's describing what she wished she had said, but it's not clear, which she kind of got to make it clear. You don't get to many many months later, you know, throw in a what what should have happened? Well, right then, that's what I said. You said that, well, I thought it of the uh remember the old Camp Obama people took over her campaign there at the end to try to write the ship and David Ploof told Kamala Harris Bluntley people hate Joe Biden, which is one of the reasons that those around her couldn't understand how she ended up on the view And I was reading a segment about this the other day. She didn't realize at the time what a disaster. Her View appearance was and then it just blew up. Her phone blew up, all of her campaign aid's phones blew up. That's when she went on the View and was asked the question what would you do differently than what Joe Biden did? And she said nothing comes to mind, which is one of the worst answers ever. I mean, because there are there are like forceful, energetic ways to say the same thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, saying the same thing's a bad idea. But she said the wrong thing poorly.
Speaker 5: Right because the way she said it indicated, probably accurately, that it had never occurred to her.
Speaker 2: To think about it.
Speaker 5: You've never thought for a second, running for president and working under a president, not any things you would do any differently? Nothing comes to mind. I mean, it's just a sorrow horrible weak answer if you if she had said absolutely not. I stand by every decision Joe Biden made. I was in the room when those decisions were made, and I agreed with him. I'd be fine. You'd be way better off than nothing comes to mind, or some load of crap like we didn't fight hard enough, we didn't push far enough for these policies.
Speaker 1: I believe in xt.
Speaker 5: Y and Z. I mean, did somebody tell her you're actually a candidate right now you need to have ideas or somebody else's ideas that.
Speaker 1: You bear it.
Speaker 5: And I think it just shows to how she has no political skills, that she had zero idea, that that was like the biggest disaster of the entire campaign.
Speaker 6: And you know what's so crazy about our political system is I you others have been saying for a very long time. She has no ideas, she has no principles, and she has no skills. And every time she is thrown up against the electoral wall, the populace says, no, thank you, we're not interested. But because she's somehow made the grade, she's a person on TV, a name, they keep looking to her again.
Speaker 2: Stop Well.
Speaker 5: The critique of this book from this reviewer is that even in her book, she quotes others ripping Joe Biden or Joe Biden's staff apart, but she doesn't say anything strong at all, which is such classic Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: I better not.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's just so cowardly and so a risk averse. So she quotes her husband with a strong statement about they hide you away for four years they give you impossible s jobs, they don't correct the record when those are mischaracterized.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But she doesn't herself say anything in the book because she doesn't want to have to defend it or something. I don't know, but I thought this was interesting. Democratic luminaries immediately after Biden left the race, hoping to enlist their support, and her recollections of the exchanges nicely capture their personalities. Hillary Clinton said I want to be part of your war council, suiting up for battle. When contacted by Kamala Harris. Immediately Barack Obama said, Michelle and I are supportive, but not going to put a finger on the scale right now, which he came out, and then Will leaked out that he thought there should be some sort of primary. Bernie Sanders was on brand, Please focus on the working Please focus on the working class, not just on abortion, which is a very Bernie thing to say. And Nancy Pelosi said we should have some kind of primary, not an anointment. Said that to Kamala Harris, which ended up not being what happened. Another call was to Pete buddhajeedge, you're going to be a fantastic president, he said, and Harris admits in one hundred and seventy one hundred and seven days that the Transportation secretary and expert Dismantler of Fox News Interviewers was her top choice for running mate. I love Pete, she writes, but she felt that the American people were not ready for a gay vice president in addition to a black female president. He would have been an ideal partner if I were a straight white man. Again, just pointing to her risk averse, non daring weakness, I think Pete would have been a way better choice to be her running mate. I mean, he's like the Marco Rubio of the left. He's good in all of those situations. But no, he's gay, So maybe just I mean, it just shows what kind.
Speaker 2: Of person she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's a phony.
Speaker 6: He's a complete phony, but he's politically skilled.
Speaker 2: He's really good at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't that we couldn't take a woman of color and a gay dude. It's that we didn't want a dunder peyton a phony.
Speaker 5: Well, right, Instead, she went for the reading from the New York Times. Instead, she went for the rumpled everyman vibe of Governor Tim Wallas of Minnesota, who later disappointed her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know a lot of men, and not only is he not every man, he's not any of them. He's a thing, was and a liar and a Putts and a phony.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: So you didn't think people could handle Pete buddhaedge because he was great gay. But he thought, I'll get this guy who's going to represent the regular person on the black female ticket. He was about to be least every man, as you point out, as you can imagine.
Speaker 1: And I'm a knucklehead at times, somebody he characterized him. I wish I had it in front of you because it was so clever.
Speaker 6: But essentially, Tim Waltz is the left's idea of what a regular guy.
Speaker 2: Is, right, exactly Exactly.
Speaker 5: Also in the book, when Trump said in an interview that Harris had only recently embraced her black identity, and a campaign advisor encouraged Kamala to respond with a major Obama style speech race, Kamala Harris shut him down instantly.
Speaker 2: Today he wants me to prove my race.
Speaker 5: What's next He'll say, I'm not a woman, and I need to show him my vagina I'm not going to say anything, so again called.
Speaker 1: Pass But.
Speaker 5: I see your point. How about he just agree you're a woman. But again the classic Kamala Harris. I'm not gonna give some forceful remark just because they're demanding it. Okay, good luck with that. She is weak at every turn.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and again the American people have spoken that as loudly as possible, repeatedly, but the establishment still turns to her and not anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't think no, no, no, no, no no. The New York Times is the establishment and they are shunning her. And then again this similar She resists her interview on the View where she said she couldn't think of even one thing she would have done differently from Joe Biden. And then she writes in the book she does a period after every word. If you've seen this done or used it yourself to like be extra dramatic, why didn't I separate myself from Joe Biden, Harris wonders in the book. Her answer is that she didn't want to embrace the cruelty of her opponent, and that she felt she owed Joe Biden her loyalty.
Speaker 1: Once again, at your job.
Speaker 5: Once again, just weak, not daring, just the opposite of a Barack Obama or a Donald Trump or anybody who like really goes for it and ends up winning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but explain, then, dear and again, keep her and he's together.
Speaker 1: Explain, please, why.
Speaker 5: You didn't say something like I support.
Speaker 1: Everything he's done.
Speaker 5: We've got to keep fighting, we've got to push farther, we've got to ask for a bar blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's a dopey non answer, but nothing comes to mind.
Speaker 5: Well again, and it was the So she clearly had never considered one of the most obvious questions you're ever gonna be asked. That makes you an idiot, And I don't your answer is good except for if David Pluff is coming to you, one of the smartest political minds in Americans, saying, people hate Joe Biden, right, but feel free to distance yourself.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna hurt you any That's what people.
Speaker 1: Are wanting, right, one hundred percent true.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to illustrate the lowest bar, Like the bar is laying on the ground.
Speaker 2: You literally just have to step.
Speaker 1: Over the bar.
Speaker 5: They haven't even put it on the little brackets yet. Let's me couldn't clear that I have to show them my vagina?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: WHOA all right? Ten hey, speaking of things you don't want to happen.
Speaker 6: Great news from our friends at simply Safe home Security. The old style systems expensive, nobody used them, and they only went off after an intruder is in your home and your feeling as safety is shattered. Real security should stop crime before it starts. That's why we trust.
Speaker 5: Simply Safe designed to be proactive, not reactive. So your transition was people don't want to see Kamala's with JJ and people don't want their homes broken into. Why do you do it more armstrong and getty for simply Safe?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 5: There are four million American people like me who trust simply Save every single day to their home security. And there's a sixty day money back guarantee. Why not try it? No contracts and sign You can do a little reading on the website. But the AI powered smart cameras identify threats lurking outside your home immediately alert simply Safe professional monitoring agents. It's technology and human beings working together. They called the cops. They can talk to the scumbags. Visit simply Safe dot com slash Armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system. Why that's half simplysafe dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 1: There's no safe like simply say.
Speaker 5: Probably should pay off the nearly eaten by a bear story at some point and expect to be disappointed. And of course you tuned into the show expecting to be disappointed. You're a longtime listener.
Speaker 6: Um uh yeah, that guy got it by a tiger just the other day, so obviously you know the animals are are hungry.
Speaker 1: They got a plot going.
Speaker 5: We need, if you will, we need to take a look at free speech in America. As the Attorney General is talking about hate speech. That's not something conservatives are supposed to that that's a no go term for conservatives, hate speech. But we got a lot on the way. I hope you can stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Talk show hosts are going down like blockbusters in the nineties. I might.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I guess you all heard Jimmy Kivel, my friend, my compatriot. He's by ABC for comments he made about Charlie Kirk's assassin the day right after the FCC. Guy came ou ahead of the FCC. So I'm just going to revoke ABC's license. Let me just tell you something. I am not intimidated by the FCC. And if President Trump is watching, I have one thing to say to you.
Speaker 1: Have you lost weight? You look terrific.
Speaker 5: And Sonny John Stewart did a similar thing. He did a rare Thursday night appearance on the Daily Show where he mockingly fawned over President Trump to try to keep the FCC away from him.
Speaker 2: Of course everyone should know.
Speaker 5: The FCC's got nothing to do with cable or satellite or anything else. It's got to do with a broadcast license for things coming over the air from TV and radio. And it's an anachronistic, antiquated way to look at the way information is distributed. But we're going to talk about the whole Jimmy Kimmel first, a minute FCC thing to kick off our three.
Speaker 1: Jimmy love the First Amendment.
Speaker 5: What percentage of people who will ever watch Jimmy Kimmel watched it from airwaves coming to their home?
Speaker 2: Maybe less?
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't know about that, but be very very low. I don't think I know anybody who watches him at all. So I'm the wrong guy to ask.
Speaker 2: Well, who's watching TV? Comes to you to an antenna in your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know verybody.
Speaker 2: Any who will talk about that later.
Speaker 5: So joelways talked about bears and camping and stuff like that, and I hear people talking about I've heard people talking about it my whole life, bears and cougars. I've never worried about bears and cougars. I just I treat them like lightning strikes. It's like they're so incredibly rare. The reason they make the news is they almost never happen. So I just never think about it. I walk through the you know, I got to get up and pee in the middle of the night and walk outside in a tent. It doesn't cross my mind for whatever reason. Maybe behind every leaf do. Yeah, So I never worried about it. So I went to this place to camp way up northern California, four and a half hour drive north of where I am. And I'm already in northern California and beautiful right by the ocean and cold waves crashing on rocks and giant redwood trees and maybe you can picture it.
Speaker 2: And it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 5: And part of the advantage you get from driving far enough is there no people around, very very low population of camping up there, and Henry and I did a seven mile hike on Saturday. It was just freaking glorious, fantastic, although my legs are still sore from it. As also, while I was on that hike, thinking about that ridiculous would you rather encounter a man you don't know or a bear when you're walking through the woods, And most women said bear, which is just the craziest, dumbest thing I.
Speaker 2: Can possibly imagine, having had my beer experience.
Speaker 5: But anyway, at this campground more than usual because I've been there before, they had signs everywhere bear activity. We've had bears in the campground a lot lately, So no food around, lock it in your car.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah, watch out for bears.
Speaker 5: And again, because I just I treat them like lightning strikes, I just didn't think about it much other than following those guidelines because I know that's just a smart thing to do, and I did. As I was going to bed on Saturday night, I remembered I had a bag of bacon in my backpack.
Speaker 2: In the tent, and I thought, oh, that's a horrible idea.
Speaker 5: As I was going to sleep, so like ten thirty at night, I get up and I grab my backpack with bacon in it and go put it inside my truck and close the door.
Speaker 2: Any who. Apparently there had been enough food in the cooler.
Speaker 5: I'd taken everything out of the cooler and it was full of ice and everything like that. This big, really big, like too long and heavy for one person to carry cooler had it sitting right next to the tent. Apparently it's still smelled like metware. I'm sound asleep. It's a four o'clock in the morning. I'm sound asleep, Henry, sound asleep. And I was kind of having that thing where I think the noise I'm hearing is a dream.
Speaker 2: So I didn't really make anything.
Speaker 5: Just bang bang bang bang bang really loud. And then I realized, wait a second, that's right next to us, and what is going on? And bang bang I really holy crap, that is like up against the tent, bang bang, bang bang, And I just immediately thought, that's got to be a bear trying to get into the cooler, and that is what it was. I did not stick my head outside, but I woke up. Henry said, Henry, there's a bear.
Speaker 2: What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Because we had talked about bears and he's a boy scout, and it was what is this saying it's black, make a racket, brown, lay down, and white say good night?
Speaker 6: Those are the rules for bears. Wow, no need to bring race into this. That was problematic.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we start screaming and yelling and clapping our hands and everything like that, and then eventually was quiet. I stick my head out and the bear had up ended the campsite and everything like that and taken off, and neither one of us were going to go back to sleep, so we packed up everything and left at four thirty in the morning. But I couldn't sleep after having a bear like two feet from my head.
Speaker 1: Were the bears who you thought they were?
Speaker 2: They were? I believe, yes.
Speaker 5: And we got a lot more about free speech and whatnot in hour three.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stick around read on
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty