Speaker 1: He is drinks Chess, motherfucking podcast make He's a legends every queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't say greed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J e f N.
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most.
Speaker 5: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 3: Drink chans Mo Days New Year's c That's it's time for drink Champs. Drink up.
Speaker 2: Mother Billy could be hoping to your boy in r E with up his d J e f N. This Miller take Me Crazy World podcast, Drinks chest.
Speaker 3: M make some Now we are.
Speaker 2: We are talking to two brothers today that's gonna get us out of pop. They got our forty eights and a mule, and right now we're going to school the youth on some serious things because the one thing for the youth, Yeah that's the youth and grownman, because one thing for sure, two things for certain people think that superheroes only come in to hip hop form or entertainment form. And I'm here to tell y'all, superheroes come in the form of these brothers.
Speaker 3: Right here. We go.
Speaker 2: So first off, First off, so, okay, I know this is something that you get. I was watching y'all ONNESSA and which we saw each Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, Yes, yes, yes, So I know this is something that you probably get every day. Right, you guys are a successful black man from the hood. You know what I mean of the coach that you guys are cool?
Speaker 3: Like if a person.
Speaker 2: And for lack of a better term, my mom might use a person coming from jail, right, person that wants to fly straight, has a couple of dollars, what would you say to them?
Speaker 3: Should be their first investment? Yeah.
Speaker 4: First, I don't want to be sound cliche, sound corny, but I'm gonna be honest with you. The first investment in your education, that's the first. It's funny that you say jail because I have a cousin. We actually spoke at a federal penitentiary earlier this year and they started a book club with our book called You Just Had to Be Written Inside of Jail, And we was talking to them and.
Speaker 2: Their book club and jail, let's make no noise for that guy. Just like when I hear a book club, I hear a lady named Benny you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what was in the session when we were speaking, su sir wo jail Wow. So long story short is like so many people are smart, but they focus their intelligence on the wrong things. I always say, it's like poor kids learn how to gamble, rich kids learn how to invest.
Speaker 3: Like if you can learn how.
Speaker 4: To play space, poker, blackjack, tonk c low all of these games, there's no reason why you can't learn how to invest money in the stock monkey. You just wasn't applying yet that energy into it. So the first thing that you should do before anything is invest in your education. When I say invest in your education, read a book, read a.
Speaker 3: Book, watch a podcast, go to college.
Speaker 4: No, you can't go to college for sure, But I'm just saying a lot of stuff that you're going to learn is going to be outside of college. Like all the stuff that we learn it outside of college. So most colleges are not going to teach you the stuff that we're teaching you or that you need to know, Like they're not going to teach you, nine times out of ten, how to actually buy real estate the right way, like real life applications exactly, or how to invest in the stock market, how to trade stocks, how to really you know, improve your credit. These aren't things that most of the time you learn in college. So the good thing about education now is that it's free for the most part.
Speaker 3: Right you buy a book is what forty dollars?
Speaker 4: You could go on YouTube and watch thou thousands of hours of education for free. You can educate yourself anything right now. But for artificial intelligence, everything is changing so quickly, you really, really, really really have to invest in your education.
Speaker 3: I think after education is invested in the market, you think about the barrier of entry for some of the other things that we're thinking, Right, how do I get into real estate? You're gonna need some capital for that, right, or how do I get along? Well, you're gonna need credit card for that. You just coming home. You got the education, how do you apply it? What's the lowest barrier of entry for you to have maximum game? It would be putting in the market, invested in the United State's economy. Right, And so we're looking at it. It's growing. We understand it because we've been using the technology a lot of times. You reading, you hear about it, get adapted to it. I remember were talking about people who you know, how do I use a cell phone? Right? What's the first cell phone that you're getting? And so understanding how the world getting associated with it again, but realizing that technology is always going to be the growth engine for anything that we do. That's going to be the growth engine. And it takes five hundred dollars over the brokes you account start if it's one share, two shares and just keep building.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something the album that was speaking about real estate. I had just learned recently that in Puerto Rico, right, they say you never own your house right because the people who buy it it goes down to the next generation. So even if I sell it to you, they is that? Is that something that's normal in the United States?
Speaker 4: No, So it's so okay we having a development. We're building a real estate development in Ghana.
Speaker 3: And Ghana in Africa. Yeah you have been Oh no, I have not. I've been doing your.
Speaker 2: Instagram smell everything smelled it.
Speaker 3: I feel like do your Instagram? Might do you have to sit on.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, Yo, I'm good, I'm good, I'm cool with y'all brothers.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was with y'all.
Speaker 4: Forget so so One of the things with Ghana and a lot of places in Africa is that it's like a land lease pretty much, so technically you never really own your house outright. It's like you leased the land for fifty years at a time, ninety nine years then, so people are saying, like in the comments, like why would I want to buy a home that I never own. I'm only leasing it for ninety nine years, and then at the end of the ninety nine years and you got to pay another feed and you're leasing it for another fifty years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is obviously your family members that will take it over.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, you say that, but do you really own your house in America? Because if you don't pay property taxes, they're gonna take your house away from you. And those property taxes every single year, and they increase every single year. So it's like even if you this is a reason why a lot of people go broke because they.
Speaker 3: Don't fully understand real estate.
Speaker 4: So it's like, even if you buy a house in cash, right, you still have to be responsible for property taxes. Depending on where you live, your property taxes could be more than a mortgage. So if you live in Beverly hills, or you live somewhere, you got a multi million dollar house. You're thinking, Okay, I'm good, I paid this off.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: Now you get one hundred thousand dollars eighty thousand dollars a year property tax that goes up every single year, by the way, so in ten years that's going to be two hundred thousand dollar property tax. Let alone the maintenance that comes with it. Now you got to cut the grass. Now you gotta pay for the light bill. Now you gotta pay for for boiler breaks. So but you could pay for one hundred years. If you miss a few years, you're in danger of your house being taken away. You missed three years and your house is gonna be taken away.
Speaker 3: Fro It happens all the time. It happens all the time, especially for healthly people that that don't stay on top of that.
Speaker 2: So not in Florida, though, I think Florida got like some type of claus that you can keep your shit.
Speaker 3: But we got property taxes though. You see, like the athlete, the first thing or anybody entertainment, the first thing they want to do is by their mama home. That's what everybody says, right, body, mama, home, you get a home, right, you mean you're thinking that the home is paid off because you paid for it, right, But when them ten thousand dollars property tax twenty thousand dollars property tax bills come and you're not expecting it, and now you stop playing and that house is still there collecting property tax. Now your mom's lost the home. Now she's coming back to live with you. And so against that education piece because we think we're doing the right thing, and it feels on the service like we are doing the right thing right, Like my parents have done so much for me. I want to give back to them. But you don't realize you're leaving them. What that means, Bill, You're leaving them with that property tax, even if the mortgage just paid off. Well, so you got to keep those things in my school tax, school tax as well.
Speaker 2: So my friend of mine, Grant Cardon, he said it doesn't makes sense to buy. He said, he rents everything. He even like rents the money that he's getting getting in.
Speaker 3: What do y'all feel about that?
Speaker 4: I think what he said is it doesn't make sense to own your house where you live like you can own real estate.
Speaker 3: But it should be renting.
Speaker 4: Rent you rent you where you should be come where you live, you should be renting.
Speaker 3: I mean there's some truth to that.
Speaker 4: I would say this, most people in America go about it the wrong way. They buy a home that they cannot afford if you really think about it, right, here's how we taught in America. We're taught to put as little money down as possible. It's really a dumb decision if you really think about it, because, like I said, even in Ghana, they play that they paid the.
Speaker 3: House off in cash.
Speaker 4: Because you go to the bank, the bank will approve you for five hundred thousand dollars, right, So you get a loan for five hundred thousand dollars, but you over extended yourself, so now you're paying you're working just to pay your mortgage. Your mortgage is five hundred thousand. By the time that you get finished paying it off, you're gonna pay three times more because of interest for thirty years. So instead of saying, Okay, I got approved for a million dollars, but I'm a buy a home for four hundred thousand, nobody does that.
Speaker 3: People go to the max.
Speaker 4: You get approved for five hundred, you get a home for five hundred, you get approved for two million, you get a home for two million. Just because you get approved for something doesn't mean that you have to go up to that max. That's not an intelligent way to go about it, because that's how a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people end up broke.
Speaker 4: They think they're making smart decisions, but they're actually putting themselves in a liability financial debt for thirty years.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, if you get a two million out a loan, you should get a house for one.
Speaker 3: Point five good a house for one, get a house for one.
Speaker 2: Nobody the million stays in your bank account.
Speaker 3: No, you're not getting the two million. They're saying that you can get a house up to We're going, okay like that. At that two million rate, that's going like you're really gonna have to pinch and say how am I going to afford this? Right? Rather than saying I can afford the two million, they're gonna get me a loan for it, Why not just find a home that's a million, right, because you can probably figure out how am I going to afford that? Right, There's there's less of a state strategic plan that's going to be needed. If you're in that class. You know what I'm saying, And most people don't do that. We always talk about live below your means, right, but most people live up to their means. Right. So if the house, if I get a loan for five million, I'm looking for a five point two, right, because I could probably sneak. That's how most people think it. Right. Other countries, the housing situation is a lot different. Right. So in God, for example, if the house is three hundred, if you don't have three hundred thousand, you're not getting a house in the bank. You got to pay for that, or at most, and this is most more recently, they'll give you like a three month lease. Right, You're where you're paying one month, you're paying one hundred thousand, and that's what one thousand. They're not giving you a thirty year mortgage. There's no such thing. It doesn't exist. America's financing the bank constructure is not the same. So because they don't.
Speaker 4: Want you in market mortgage the mortgage was is a financial instrument created by the banks to benefit banks. Americans are addicted to debt. Like I said, if you really think about it, we lease our cars or when we even buy our cars.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? We're financing it seven years.
Speaker 4: When we buy a house, we're financing it for thirty When we go to college, we go to colleges that we can't afford, We get student loan debt.
Speaker 3: We lease it our phones.
Speaker 4: At this point, we're normalized paying as little as possible for things that we can't afford. We go to school that you go to college and you can't pay for it. You can't afford to go there. You buy a car and you can't afford to pay for it. You can't afford that car. You buy a house, technically, if you get a mortgage, you can't afford for that.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to say that. Nobody thinks about that.
Speaker 4: But if we're being honest, other countries don't think like that. That's how that's saying. But these are all financial instruments that benefit the banking system because they put interest on top of it. So if I can give you a loan for thirty years with an eight percent seven percent mortgage, how much money am I going to make over the course of thirty years. So if I could convince you this is the best thing for you, don't worry about it, worry about it later. Then you're not even thinking about it. And I'm making residual income every single year.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's like thirty years rather than saying it's a thirty year loan. The bank is looking as you're not my thirty year customer. You always you're gonna owe me for the next thirty years, and if you can't afford it, they just take. You're gonna take they no matter what, they're gonna repossess the house. The house is going to appreciate and they're gonna take the difference. That's like what we see in neighborhood Renascenter. What is rena Center.
Speaker 2: Written your furniture because you couldn't afford it?
Speaker 3: Right right, I'm saying, just like payment loans, like by now, pay later, it's the same thing we grew up when it was laio way. Now they change the term they recrafted to say by now, pay later, But we grew up. You know you're putting that on lay away, right, you're gonna pay over time to real life. And but with lay away you couldn't get the product until you finish paying now, it was like you could buy it, take it now. And continue to pay me over time it up.
Speaker 2: You couldn't take it, right, right, You don't got to share it, so you can fucus, I got to.
Speaker 3: Pay the whole shit, exactly. Think about it.
Speaker 4: You think about something when you got to pay for it in cash, you think about it. You don't really think about something if it's a monthly. If it's ten thousand dollars, you're going to make a conscious decision do I really want to spend ten thousand dollars on it?
Speaker 3: If you could break it down for five.
Speaker 4: Years and it's one hundred and fifty dollars per month, and then.
Speaker 3: All right, it's not that big of a deal until you realize them.
Speaker 4: I actually paid more than ten thousand over the course of time, but the smaller increments makes it psychologically seen it's irrational.
Speaker 3: We live in our lives on a month to month, right, right, So that's why we always say, like I have six months and twelve US reserves, because you never know what happened. The education part is important too, right, because the people who are trying to get these loans, if we don't have good credit, then interest rate is higher, right, interest rates to sit in like six and a half to seven percent. That's I mean in our lifetime, that's pretty high. In the eighties, that feels like, oh, that's a really affordable thing. Right, But there's adjustable rates. I talk about it in our book where but my parents lost the home because they weren't educated on a fixed rate Morgans versus adjustable rate. Right, they bought it, it was six percent. In three years it was seventeen percent. We could afford it that six We couldn't afford it that seventeen. In fact, if we can't afford that seventeen, what happens next year when it's nineteen All right, now we lose the home. You see what I'm saying. The education piece is important. So let me bounce around a little bit, right. I was going to get this property in Dominican Republic, right just because like it was like, you know, it was up my alley, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was up my ali And I was like, and I went and I asked, you know what I'm trying to say. You know what I'm trying to say somewhere, but you know what I said.
Speaker 3: Lived on the Russian kids say today, live on the road. Yeah, it was one of those. It was one of those things. Right.
Speaker 2: So just as a formality, I met with Jamie Leftfrack, you know, the guy who actually ows, and I was like, yo, I was adamant about like, yo, you know what I want.
Speaker 3: To He suggested Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: But what he said was a lot of these islands. Like we were speaking earlier, you don't own your property, but if something happens where the US government and they go to war, they can easily take your property.
Speaker 3: The country can, the country can? Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean it definitely depends on the country that you that you go to, because whenever you look at the country for us, it's definitely the political structure is important because you could go to a country and I were just so happened with Venezuela, right, Like they just take the president.
Speaker 2: You can't see that far, but they taking property too, Say is the property.
Speaker 3: Take the president? And right? But not the president. But I feel like that's just some Trump like uh, the boldness of it. Yeah, And he was doing it like he.
Speaker 4: Was on the block they take.
Speaker 3: Of them in that's right, took but he was foul. He was with the c I A. He was following it wasn't convenient. He was double yeah. I think we just wanted to test some equipment out there. But you definitely got to be mindful of like.
Speaker 4: Different like governments with the lawyer is like that, because I think that's a big thing when American co overseas, they think everything is America. I went to Thailand, I went to Singapore.
Speaker 2: Sing I love Singapore. He wasn't smoking to Singapore. You know you're give me my stories. Hold on, stop this. I go to Singapore. I have no idea I'm going through.
Speaker 3: They pulled me over at airport jail Oh. I had two cartons of new ports.
Speaker 2: They said, listen, sir, it's illegal to bring cigarettes into Singapore.
Speaker 3: So they put myself to the side. They ain't thrown in the garbage.
Speaker 2: They put myself to the side and made me buy two cartons of smiggling cigarette. Cigarettes is a part of Singapore. I'm sorry, sorry, so singattefore crazy.
Speaker 4: You know, you know when you go to these different places and they give you like the pamphlets to read about the I never really read it, but for some reason this time, like let me actually read this, and I'm reading the bylaws and they say drug trafficking of any kind is punishable by death. Oh yeah, I'm like, what the fuck? Then I get there and we know somebody there. So my friend his cousin lived at the time, so she was telling us. She's like, yo, there's no weed. Oh yeah, there's no drugs. You can't even it's a crime to spit gum on the street. I respect that, but guess what, it's the cleanest place in the worst of this. So I'm like, what they mean is punished with by death? That oh you know you can that's death penalty if you get caught with drugs.
Speaker 3: This death penalty.
Speaker 2: You never see that movie Paradise Lost or something like that with a girl get caught. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I say to say, it's like a lot of times the Americans go to different countries thinking it's America, Like I'm gonna do what I want to do, and you end up in jail in Dubai for forty five years.
Speaker 3: After y'all nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, Maldis there's no smoking Dubai, no smoking.
Speaker 3: Saudi Arabia knows.
Speaker 2: I'll get it out of my mind though, Like I'll be like, yo, I take cigars, bro, Like you.
Speaker 3: Know, what I mean like and like it like that teach y'all out there.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry I'm bouncing around, but okay, you guys are bumping head with sheikhs and ship like that, like how like you know, no, no, this is really.
Speaker 3: Not bumping what I mean like this is like this is like.
Speaker 2: You know, I heard, I heard y'all say, and this is what I was trying to establish it an intro is you know, for a long time, people only look at entertainment for people that's like that superheroes and people like you know, uh.
Speaker 3: Uh what does that ship?
Speaker 5: Uh uh?
Speaker 2: Ball players and ship like that, But guys are actually breaking the mold right where you're making it cool to be financially aware of what's going on and not only that, like like so I want to break it down in two questions.
Speaker 3: First off, like how does that feel?
Speaker 2: And then the second off is like how how?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: Well? Let's answer this first one first stick gro overseas because like me seeing y'all in Dubai, me seeing y'all and God and me seeing y'all with these people, and these people are breaking down all this ship, this ship is amazing to me, Like how how? How is that and because your word is coming across so many people who have been been preaching their world and it just doesn't land on people. Y'alls just landing on people not only here but abroad.
Speaker 3: So no shit is humbling. Man.
Speaker 4: It's one of these things like our culture is exported all the the world and you you realize that when you travel, and so it's like the music was exported over the world. You got kids in Japan that's been breakdowns and doing all of crazy ship with the fashion and all that. So it only made sense when we really broke through with business and finance and talking about it the way that we didn't.
Speaker 3: Doing a cultural standpoint. They was waiting for that.
Speaker 4: So when we go to London Royal Albert Hall and thousands of people is lying up there like that, we was waiting. We was waiting for this moment, or when we go to Canada, or when we go to Ghano, or when we go to Kenya, when we go anywhere like it's like they was waiting. So many people has been left out of this conversation for so long. That's one of the blessings with social media. It's a gift and the curse, but one of the greatest blessings is that social media gave everybody an opportunity to become like a celebrity. Right before you morpetizing, you had to be an athlete or entertainer. Now you could be a celebrity, chef, personal training, anything, yeah, anything exact.
Speaker 3: Speaking a restavoir. Sometimes see people everybody like looking like a curse.
Speaker 4: But so it gave us an opportunity to, you know, become notable and reach people talking about finance because the way that we did it completely different than anybody else has really done it at scale, and you know, we just had.
Speaker 3: More relatable I told like Dougie Fresh said this to us. He was like, yo, y'all are the last piece of the infinity stone. He was like, hip hop has five core elements, right, Like it's the DJs, the mcs, breakdancing is graffiti, he said, it was the beat box, which is obviously his part. And then he was like, y'all, y'all making it cool to be smart, Like, imagine if we had all six of those in the age from the beginning, right, and.
Speaker 2: You know what's fucked up about that? And this is real talk. I've been in this industry twenty five years, maybe more. Maybe I'm shaving a year two.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure we're approaching thirty years for the war. The war. War was definitely hit about the hit thirty.
Speaker 2: I have never as many checks as I've got, as many deals of I've closed. No one has never said, hey, man, you think you want to invest in such and such, or you think you want to like you know you're getting this and you're getting this up front, you want to take a piece of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No one has never told me that. Did you ever work with Burke Pide? I was just about to bring that up, and how the are you? In my mind? I got to me, you've been that's been something cool one. So here's no.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 3: He was good by Harris Horace Madison. I heard him this black black. I believe he's.
Speaker 6: Urged right by the artists, like he was trying to give you all solve the advice.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I ain't work with Burke myself. I was in the office when Biggie was working with people. I was shopping for my account when and uh yeah, yeah, so I didn't get to work with him direct.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but that language is how we forget who these people are like when Big said stash more cash Burverde, I was like, all right, who's that? When the lots are saying, oh fuss being violenced to get stocks and bonds, it's like you listening to it and I'm like, oh, ship, that there it is. I feel like that was a common theme that we had amongst each other, was we was hearing that ship differently than everybody else. We're hearing it like oh that Oh that's advice, right, like subtractive links from out the chaining ridse and start ringing. All right, we got to keep our crew together. If every nigga and your clickers rich, your clickers rugget no one because every wanted to be each other's crutches. I bet that goes to principles. You see what I'm saying, And now you're right, you're right, But even.
Speaker 4: The perfect because like when Ross was like handle is handling money, they never come across and it was crazy because like that era, I don't know if it was like correct me if I'm wrong, you had to go to your accounting to get money. Absolutely, like yo, I need to fit the thousand wired to me. And like he said, I remember him saying that to me all the time. You I got to go get.
Speaker 3: Money, sound with it.
Speaker 4: But if you really think about it, right, it didn't feel weird back then. But if that's that's why that line is so crazy, He's like managers handling money. They never come across they themselves have never made that much money, and they're giving you a permission slip on.
Speaker 3: You can take this no weight, that's too much you're.
Speaker 4: Doing and everybody was okay with it, and you'd be the biggest gangster in the world and talk all types of crazy shit. They have to acts a eight year old white man. Can I get an allowance that was trained to hip hop that you don't. You can't be a owner. You're not responsible. You're not even responsible to manage your own money. We got to give you your money, but let alone ever think about getting ownership and asking for equity or your publishing or masters or none of that. Ship Like, so it's like now it's like our responsibility to bring the culture out the dark ages as far as like we've already mastered sports, entertainment, speaking a variety of different things, but now we really got to master this finance thing. Because it's like nobody respects you. If you can't control your money, that's the biggest thing in the world. So it's like, we still don't have control of our resources now, like they would say, we go to Africa and they be like, damn, it's a shame Africans. They don't have control of their resources. We all got control of our resources. What's our resources? Our talent? Like, we don't have control of our talent. We don't have control. Like, if you really think about it, all of these record labels, all of these sports teams, they no ownership. How many NBA teams are owned by black people?
Speaker 3: None? How many NFL teams are owned by a black person? None?
Speaker 4: How many major record labels are owned by the black person is gonna kill you? Gods and magic ownership?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 4: How many record labels is owned by black people? They give you a subsidiary record label. That's a psychological play to make you feel like you have powers. It's like putting a manager in a position at Walmart. You don't own Walmart. You yourself feel like you're better than the employee. So now you can get on you can go on video and shit on you like, yeah, you broke motherfucker, I got a label, but your label is under a label, So do you really have a label? Are you a manager for somebody else's company? Yeah, it was never a label.
Speaker 3: That'd be the thing and the idea of education and finance. It feels like, yes, our community needed it. But when we travel they look at us. I remember the first time we was in Africa, they were like, I've never heard black men speak so freely, like meeting meaning that you guys get to say what you want. You have to educate people, and people are gravitated into the masses of it, like we need that here. And so our thing was like, all right, bet, this isn't a domestic issue. This is a global issue, right, So that's why when you see it's traveling, it's always from a standpoint of like, all right, what can we learn from this area? How can we find business here, How can we find entrepreneurs here? How can we find opportunities here? And less help shape narrative and show people this is opportunity. So when we are gone opportunity, when we in Kenya were looking for opportunity, when we in Rwanda, the same thing. It's crazy the movies. So that's the thing, like in our mind That's all we remember is hotel. They they suck us up with that. They took us up with that cleanest place in the on the entire continent.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, And all I see is the movie.
Speaker 6: It's a long way from that at that time in a short period of time.
Speaker 3: Remarkable turn remarkable. Yeah, chain of events for sure. Yeah, but America once was had a I mean, it still has a crazy history, but it still has a dark history. But we don't tie to like I'm never going there because it's dark history. We say, oh, okay, that was the past. When it comes to Africa, it's like, I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it is what I really really, really really want to go to Africa for. Told to me to train with the Kenyans running. No, I never said yeah, but I wanted like like longstance run like you know, like you know, I ran a marathon running again this year, oh yeah again this year but New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing I'm only second with New York City. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So uh so what I want to do, what I'm doing this time is because I did this ship raw with just me, my homie, Mitch, my homie Lows and a bunch of us and you know they have ran marathons.
Speaker 3: But you know, we hire no real trainer.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, yo, we got access to all this ship, Like what that's that's like you know, having Michael Jordan and have him on the.
Speaker 3: Bench, like you know what I'm saying. So I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: But then the last part to that puzzle is to say, you know what before it like four weeks away from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go to Kenya though, I'm hiring the dudes that live here.
Speaker 3: I'm hiring the two people that I know that one the marathon.
Speaker 2: I think one is an Ethiopia and one is a Kenya, but they live in America.
Speaker 3: So I'm hiring them. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But but then I'm gonna go to the real deal. I want to go to the dirt. Yeah, I'm gonna go to.
Speaker 6: When you guys go to these countries, does it always translate the same knowledge of what you do?
Speaker 3: Does it translate always? I think people they hear the information and they can interpret it, but so much right because the laws are different, governments are different, policies are different, and so it's that that need for it right there, Like again, somebody's at least speaking about financial education. I know some of those things don't apply, but maybe I can use this in terms of entrepreneurship to get my business off the ground, which is part of the reason why we kind of go there because we understand that. But if we were able to do this in America with Earn Elijia, what happens when we go to Africa and we go to a crowd and we find entrepreneurs that are doing it, and I'm saying like, hey, we want to give everybody this story so that the people here can now find opportunities in this story. Right. It's one thing to hear us do it, but it's even a better story when I hear people that are from where they're from actual doing it with the step of us. Because I think the most important thing for us is, yes we have intelligence, right, Yes we have a voice, Yes we have a platform, but most importantly we build trust. Right, Like every week we're talking to people, every day we're talking to people, and so when people build up that trust, they feel like, Okay, what are they going to do next? Because if they do something, I know they're going to give us to realist information possible so that we can benefit from it.
Speaker 4: And that's why we started Eyo Africa too for localized content, because the entrepreneurship aspect, people can always draw inspiration, but it's a lot of nuances. So we actually started a new division called Eyo Africa and that's local like not one clopt local content. It's about six countries right now. We're looking to expand it.
Speaker 6: Not to welcome to in one of these countries by a government, like is there anybody like that doesn't necessarily like you said that, they were surprised at people speaking so openly.
Speaker 3: One government.
Speaker 4: I won't mention the name, okay, because you know politics is tricky. Well, we was affiliated with a person and we was about to go and they was like, wait, they had to figure out the affiliation Andrew Tate.
Speaker 2: That would.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: But I'll say this though, one thing is like another thing. In America. A lot of countries in the world, you just can't talk about the government like that's one thing in America.
Speaker 3: I think we take for granted you say anything.
Speaker 4: About the president, about Congress for the most part, for the most part, for.
Speaker 3: The most part, now.
Speaker 4: You go to some of these other countries, you say something about the leader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I avoid speaking about politics, so good would person say to me, you're from America, Yeah, he goes, you're president?
Speaker 3: All right? Man sniggers over there. I changed the subject so bad. And I don't know. I can't lie to you. When Obama was in office, I would live. I would speak so freely about the like of them. I'm about Obama was cool to these people. You don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know, like you don't know what out of the friend of it is with Trump. You don't know if they might be an agent, might be somewhat thinks damn it the aar and like.
Speaker 3: They like in Russia. Yo, you know, and it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry to get political, but let me let me ask you.
Speaker 3: Do you have a stance on Trump? Is he good because he's known for last term? This is water right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, last term people he gave out the Stemmys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. I'm not. I don't listen. You know.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, I wasn't paying for dinners like my brother friends.
Speaker 3: You ain't get broke. Christmas Miami were created. Everybody talking about Miami let meat.
Speaker 2: It was during the BBB joint, right, so we have to film, we have to film, so.
Speaker 3: We rushing. We just go get some Moet.
Speaker 2: We didn't have the ace of Spade, which is the the you know, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Best on the planet.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We didn't have it when we went and got some some Moett real quick, right just before Jay had made the deal.
Speaker 3: So you know, everyone's bored in the crib, so that he.
Speaker 2: Must he must have saw this ship and he's like, yo, man, I thought you would be like, you know, you funk with the owners. And I'm like, He's like, do you know mister Moett. I'm like, no, I don't. I do not know, mister Moett.
Speaker 3: No I don't.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I was like, yo, but they ran out of ace out here. He's like, Nori, they don't run out of a I said, I'm gonna go with and I had to literally go to each store and be like, yo, what's your aspade that they're like, yo, we ran out, We ran out. We ran out, ran out. I swear to God, That's what I'm giving you that I'm saying. How much money was being splent out here.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about ran the hood.
Speaker 2: Why do you even got Miami, Cody, That's what I got.
Speaker 4: Got number number one COVID city and in America was Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That was Atlanta never closed. Brother, that was the best time in the work was I was. I was out in Atlanta, back and forth like nothing. That never happened. But the number, the number two was Miami. You know, I know we spent a lot of time in Miami during COVID, bro it was a great time. Granted I did catch COVID in Miami for the first time.
Speaker 3: Goddamn it. You gotta leave a suthing coming from Miami. I'm leaving vacation Lea never it was like twenty people dinners. But so Trump, let's get up Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think that Trump is an opportunist and he's making the most of this opportunity right now.
Speaker 3: Man, he said, how much you make three billion dollars? Man?
Speaker 4: Since he became president this time eighteen Like yo, he's bringing up I've actually never seen somebody take full advantage of an opportunity like this, Like that's that's part.
Speaker 3: And that's hard. That's no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, that's the one thing I wish would have did. I wish he would have went out with a bang like I wouldn't I would is legal for you to something like that?
Speaker 3: Like that is the thought process exactly. But you're looking at it like, yo, how was he able to do all these things and still fall in a kind of legal category? Trump? What he's doing now? And you're think about, like all the presidents have come before him, they never tried any of these things.
Speaker 4: Now, he don't give a Let me give you all. Let me give y'all a quiz. So, how many stock trades do you think that? That's not a clip about this so I know the answer? Stock clays? How many stock trade do you think that President Clinton took during his eight years of being a president?
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Take a guess fifteen?
Speaker 3: Zero? Okay.
Speaker 4: How many stock trades do you think George Bush took during his eight years of being a zero? How many stock trades do you think that Joe Biden took during zero? Barack Obama?
Speaker 3: Zero? How many stock trades do you think that Donald Trump to in the first two years? Two years? What's it? What's it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Eleven? Thirty six hundred what two years? Now, imagine that the guy who.
Speaker 2: Waits you'd talk about, right, so what is he taking stocks out on everything?
Speaker 6: He knows what policy is about to inside trade?
Speaker 3: I love it likely, right if a company like palent here which has defense contracts, which has government contracts, and you know they're signing off on those contracts, and stock is trading at thirty four dollars and you know they about to sign a six billion dollar deal in two months once you invest in that, h right, Well the policy that with Mark Stewart with the jail for yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, right, So that's what I'm saying. You think, like all those presidents did nothing, this guy has done thirty six hundred in the past two years. It feels like it's illegal. The people who are making policy right and changing laws and changing restrictions are actually the people that are investing in the companies that are doing it. That's like twenty that's like twenty trades a day.
Speaker 6: It's more like and to be fair, it's not just him, it's the whole of Congress on both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but nobody doing that follow that he's doing it? No, No, conflict, prediction, trading, prediction, market the market mar The last part is on this right because number one, he makes three billion in crypto and some becomes a billionaire from crypto. He's a crypto friendly president. They're going to again change policy to make sure that the crypto economy the flourishes, right, because they want to be out of that. But the next part is like what he's done recently where he has true social his own social media platform, and he's watching this pattern when he says the company the right, the company appreciates He's done this like three or four times over the past year. But he's saying now, like look, if you want that type of like tweet to go directly to you pay one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Wait, you could pay him to the tweet for you know, if you join the subscriptions of marketing, if you join a subscription in his social media information before, you.
Speaker 3: Will get the information before the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: But you know what's so crazy, It's like John Morgan is Morgan. He said something that was l the hardest working people in America make the least the hardest working people in America. The harder you work, the broker you're going to be. That's the harsh reality of it. These people is finding new ways to make money out of dinner. From the stock market. They turned that shit into a casino with gambling. Now they actually the prediction market is so crazy, like you could predict anything. You you could predict Donald Trump is gone, say I ran in his speech. And if he says I ran in his speech, you can make fifty thousand dollars. Like they just finding ways to make money that you don't do it, you know, I'll be seeing are playing going crazy?
Speaker 3: They just do what he's saying right now. The speech writer actually did that, of course because he wrote the speech. He been, yeah, it's crazy, bro, And then he went on polograph problem market market. I was like, yo, I wonder if they're gonna make it by four and you say no, he says yes yes. I said, yea, let's let's put the odds on it. Just do that without even knowing we can just natural thing. How can we make money from that?
Speaker 4: And it's like okay. Jeffrey Epstein said this in one of them when they was leaking the file. They said, look, we don't we don't work for money, we don't work for money, like, that's that's beneath us. We just invent ways to make money. These motherfuckers are inventing ways to make money. That's what the whole subprime mortgage shit was about, right, They just making mortgages out of nowhere, subprime mortgages and let's let's credit security back loans and fucking like I said, now you've got stocks and derivatives, and now you got prediction markets, and then and then they got the ship where you can do an IPO without actually IPO and a company like they just come up with different formulas to make money in front of a computer doing nothing, while somebody that's actually working in the farm and literally breaking it back is getting paid thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: For the day.
Speaker 6: But doesn't that make it feel like our whole financial system is on thin ice if that's the way that everybody's operating at the top at least one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent, Yeah, one hundred percent. Absolutely. That's why I said, I think the predictive market is like when they say the fitting stones, like that's the last fun tea, But you said, would say, what the predictive market so cal she's the polyly markets of the world. Because when you think about, like who's doing that, that's amost feels like it's game of five. Like you and I might have the education and say we're not gonna do it. Nory say he's already gonna do it right, But like kids, kids are gonna do it right. It's the same. It's the thirty year mindset. Right. If I can get a kid to start doing that at fourteen, I'm gonna keep him for life. Right. You can get into that habit of saying, I think Joe Burrow is going to throw a touchdown in the first quarter and I'm just thinking that it's fantasy football. But that translated into later in life when you're doing it for anything, right, Like you're talking about somebody that's writing a speech to say that I know what he's gonna say. I remember during the Super Bowl, who were sitting like, are you think Cardi B's gonna come out? I'm looking on polymarket like there's a sixty percent chance. I'm getting phone calls like yo, she's not coming out.
Speaker 4: I'm like, sure, you know what I'm saying now, people, I mean there's people that knew that she was not coming out, right, Like if you're around her. You know she's coming out or she's not coming out. Now, let's say that you bet what you're saying. Okay, okay, okay, now people you know, people be like, yo, you have made content for a living, y'all do that's not real work? Once again, well, the hardest working people in America make the least so tight you should find a way to work.
Speaker 3: So what's that shit on Netflix?
Speaker 2: It's like a thirty six six minute documentary. It's about this shit, just sort of ship and social. No, I don't think it's that name, but it's a guy he invested and then he knew like someone knew inside, and.
Speaker 3: He pulled all his money out because of that percent. It is that illegal?
Speaker 2: So if they say with Shad, it's going to go to Blimpe's and order a turkey and cheese, and I know you don't eat.
Speaker 3: Turkey and cheese, is that illegal for me to go on bet and say he's going to order? It's not illegal.
Speaker 4: If you know that, it's illegal. If I tell you yo, I'm not going okay, okay. If you just use what you know, okay, then that's not illegal. But if you have what we call inside information, you know for a fact, it's impossible for me to go heare, because I'm here with you.
Speaker 3: So now you have information at.
Speaker 4: The public is not privy too, but Congress, so two weeks before COVID hit the stock market crash, when COVID hit two weeks before COVID hit, like sixty percent of the stock of Congress sold all their stocks because they had the information before we did. So they knew that the world was about to shut down. They acted on that information. Think about that.
Speaker 3: So they get it. So if they know, imagine what the presidents go. Look at in February of this year and right before we go to conflict with Iran, which is kind of out of nowhere, Marcus at the all time high. Look what it does for the next three weeks. Right, if you look at the Defense secretary, well was he called, it's not even the Defense secretary secretary of war. Look at the things that he's invested in, right, he's invested in the war technology companies, defense companies. RTX is the company he's invested in companies world. Why you think he doesn't know anything that we're about to go to conflict with the company.
Speaker 6: Trump partnered all of them already he already said, do't where you're all gonna be pardoned.
Speaker 2: That's another gangster shit he did too. He part of the whole, the whole white boy grew, but.
Speaker 3: Already the rest of Yeah, he parted his whole staff, like everybody, you're good, don't worry about it. Keeping out. But he can't even as a sitting president, Like there's certain limitations that he cannot be found liable for, right, and he's made sure that that's happened, and he's put a Supreme Court in place, right, Like, he's put justices on that court that hopefully are going to ruin his paper. And now they haven't always done it, but the likelihood it is, like you got a better chance if they didn't. Like this ship.
Speaker 4: Remember we was in Dubai. But what was the name of the card that card? Credit card? Dude showed us, Oh oh so that was it. He was like the black He's like, you hurt a black card. I'm like yeah, black card. He's like that's a piece of ship. That's like He's like, that's like MX. He's like this card he showed.
Speaker 3: Us the card I forgot it was like a goal. It's some other ship, bro. That ship.
Speaker 4: You know, like damn you was this you know the video games, like how you get to the next level and then it's like, oh so you got to the next level, like this level to this ship, bro like and it's like when you like we literally was with the dude and he was telling us like, Yo, the black Cardian ship.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: Wow, Like this is one hundred million card is literally unlimited. No, the next the nex, yeah, the next ship. He was showing us the ship. I'm just like, yore with the.
Speaker 3: Fun but obviously it's not ax no okay. So he's like, yo, you could put fifty million dollars on this credit card. Wow. Yeah, she was ridiculous. Wow. And he was like, Yo, there's a there's a there's a whole nother level to this ship that nobody knows about. Wow. They just playing. You got to get invited to even be a part of the ship. Wow. So you got to be invited to get the black card as well. You gotta spend a certain.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent hundred percent. But we heard about the black card. I never heard of it, and this was this was from a retail American bank that issues it.
Speaker 3: Wow. Like he's just a guy in Dubaidom.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he's in Dubais So I'm just like, yo, this is just crazy man. It's like, you know, say, ignorance, ignorance, it's bliss. Yeah, true because when you when you're ignorant, you can go through life kind of care free. But when you start to know things, then you have a burden of responsibility. There's a burden of responsibility that comes with the truth.
Speaker 3: When you know, you just eat.
Speaker 4: Fast food with McDonald's all types of shit. You ignorant, you're a little kid. Then you start to do the knowledge and you're like, damn, this is causing how blood pressure and do betes is fucking up my brain cells.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 4: Now it's like, not only do you feel bad about it, you feel bad when somebody you love now you got to teach them. Now they getting mad at you, they don't want to be around you. But it's a responsibility that comes with education.
Speaker 3: That's what we have.
Speaker 4: It's a responsibility that comes with education. Like I said, we know that people have been ignorant for a long time. So now when you see some shit, you can't unsee it. So now you change your life. But now you got to change other people's lives and it's like what Jay said, we ain't get through to you yet. We still got to deal with the fucking idiots that still don't fully understand it, like while investing is gambling, or like fuck it yolo, or while whatever I life insurance, if I don't fuck my kids, like you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, I ain't thinking about them, Like I'm not thinking about dying. Why would I get Like and sure that's the ship, but like when people see it, they're like, oh, what are these guys doing again? Like we go to Dobbles, They're like, what the hell a y'all doing in Dobbles. I'm like, well, that's where two hundred and eighty one billionaires meet every year. Who want to know what they're talking about? Oh no, they probably a little nati. I have to get sacrificed in the mountains. I'm like, what they're talking about? Because once we hear what they're talking about, we come back. We'll be sitting there like, oh shit, like they have no idea what these dudes are making the decisions for the entire world right, and we're coming back to tell y'all like, Yo, this is what's happened. They're like, nah, Broyo, you at that freestyle?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You almost feel like shit, should I tell these people? Are they ready to handle what we're about to tell them? From what we're hearing? And most times the ain't not earlier And I was in La working with Donna, Dre.
Speaker 2: See everybody telling it saying that this was like the greatest concert.
Speaker 3: On earth the three days. But then I saw what you, yep, you was like to rock.
Speaker 4: We was he went all three days. I went Saturday and I went Sunday. Sunday to me was the best concept I've ever been in. And that's the one that started at two am. That's twelve am. Twelve Yeah, it was technically Monday morning fast.
Speaker 3: Okay. It was the best show I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 4: It's also the worst logistical ship I've ever seen in my whole entire life.
Speaker 3: Both days can be true.
Speaker 4: Leaving, yo, Leaving on Saturday took me two and a half hours to get out of the Bronx and you know Yankee Stadium, the bridge to Manhattan is right there. Hours to cross the bridge. Logistical night man, Yo, we was outside, he was inside. I got there A little later on Sunday, we was outside for four and a half hours and ten thousand people. Yeah, was outside a Yankee stadium, filthy four. I've never seen nothing, you know.
Speaker 3: Like Okay, but wasn't it because people rushed the doors. That's what they said. That's what they said. I've seen it online, so they said side, we don't know that. Inside, we're just waiting, and I'm like, yo, d nice he went off a long time ago because the.
Speaker 2: Nice because you know why the Bronx wasn't being the Bronx Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 3: Like you had, like it's the last day. We let y'all know, y'all in the Bronx.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, because a lot of the Bronx people didn't get tickets so that this is their way.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it was an older crowd, which was help help because most people that was that's great critic It was thirty forty fifty wow, so nobody really trying to fight, and if it was young.
Speaker 3: Just fucked up. Yeah, aggrevated, but nobody really wanted. Nobody left. But everybody say nobody. It didn't get violent, nothing like that. We never even felt like old niggas. Old niggas ain't got it exact exactly. It's a mature crowd. At a certain point, everybody got that same feeling like this is gonna be something historical. It just had that feeling like this is the night where we already know that the Night one was for reasonable doubt. We know Night two was for blueprint. We kind of don't know what Night three is. But it feels like it's gonna be a Melloy or wild card. You feel like he's going to bring some people back. You can start to see that people in the city, I mean, New York City is going crazy, right. You got all of these events happening. The next started, the nixt started it, you had obviously the World Cup ended there.
Speaker 2: Trying to bite off down. I ain't gonna lie like they saw, sorry, they trying to like what we did at times.
Speaker 3: Not one was like that, nothing like that. I'm sorry. Remember what you was talking about all the things that happened in New York at the time, So you felt like everybody's there, like you was there. I was there Friday night. You saw the people that would attend this Saturday night, same people. I'm like, yo, this bron there like everybody's there, and so Sunday kind of felt like that, and during the time where everybody's waiting, I'm just like, shit, I'm starting to think about from an event standpoint, like if he doesn't get on stage by time or they gonna start, you know that this is gonna be a fine. If he doesn't get get off about eleven, well, if he doesn't get off by twelve, or maybe they're gonna pay the fine. Meanwhile, he's asking, like from outside, yo, what the fuck's going on? I'm like, yo, bro, I don't know what. He was like, Yo, they just shut down the gates. I'm like, what you mean? And you outside? Yeah, I'm like, I'm like, they shut down the gates. I'm like, oh shit. I'm like, if they shut down the gates and there's people outside, he can't start to show because if he started to show, they about to bump rush the ship. That would have been so And I get a lot of credit to him and his team for realizing, like we told it, we cannot do this because he knows the Reaper cousins. If he gets on that microphone and they hear like that, this whole shit gonna get shut down. Now. The credit to the people that were inside because again they sat there. People were patient, it wasn't too hot outside. People just waiting because they wanted to be part of the moment. And we just sat there for four hours. Right, Nobody wants to get out because you're like, yo, if I go get something, they start to show I don't even it's so crowded. I might not get back. I'm miss something. So we're just sitting there like get you know what's so crazy?
Speaker 4: Though I was outside, it wasn't that bad because it was a vibe. I'm just running into random people that I hadn't seen, people like y'all fuck with the show. We have a conversations, We're trying to go from one place to another place to get like it became like a whole scavenger hunt of how to try to get in and outside. But it was so crazy because it's like, here's my thing, because we do events, right, so we know that you work with the facility. So Yankee Stadium, that shit was terrible. They had a complete failure. They had like eighty year old men and like sixteen year old kids. Yeah, their security was completely unequipped at all. Right, NYPD, I don't know what the fuck they did because they changed the whole route. They came in Sunday, they blocked the bridge off. You know the bridge from Halllem to Yankee Stadium. They blocked that bridge off. I knew we was in trouble from that point because that wasn't blocked off on Saturday. They blocked the bridge off. They got cops there. They're the ones that called the Yankee Stadium security inside. Imagine this, so we outside because I got there right before they closed the doors. We had the entrance for the suite. They had closed the doors. Yankee Stadium security is already like undermanned and not trained. They're not even real security guards. NYPD comes. They completely undermanned. Also, they call all Yankee Stadium security inside. That's a dumb ass decision. After ten minutes, people realized there's no security inside and they bump bushed the barrier so that I'm like, oh shit, this should get ugly.
Speaker 3: Luckily they didn't get too crazy.
Speaker 4: But NYPD, I don't know what the fuck they did, Like they were completely clueless and helpless, and if they actually made it worse. So the rock Nation thing, I'm just saying Live Nation, Rock Nation, have it worked that together? They might have just been Live Nation. You got to coordinate with the venue because they was like, well the venue had just entrance closed, and they well, you should have coordinated that. You I'm sure you've been speaking with Yankee Stadium for months. You got to go through, how many interests do we have open? We're gonna need all interests open. We're gonna need this da da da. The event planner got to take some responsibility for that. Yankee Stadium one hundred percent take responsibility. But you can't have logistical failure three nights in a row. One night, okay, fuck it, Saturday, we're gonna get it right.
Speaker 3: You fucked up Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It felt like it was almost a sabotage, like they wanted it to be crazy. They wanted something to happen, and that's kind of what it created.
Speaker 2: Like that was an advocate. What if it's just something that they wasn't prepared for it, like you said, but they want to be you. You said, like you said, you do events right, and there's been there's been times you you probably estimate this certain amount of honey coming and then you know, like like again there's there's there's there's people that that's tagle laws like like me, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, like some people like related, right, Like they used to call me a come up artist, right, like meaning like I used to get there and once I get there, people call and get the tickets like they want to know that I'm there, right, So what if it was like a situation like that where it's like you know what you know the first night, you know what I mean, and all these crowds and it was.
Speaker 3: Just unbearable, like they wasn't prepared for day two. Day have it figured out? Day two, you should have it finished figured out. But like he set the attendance for a live event, right, So he's done tours when Yankee Stadium was part of it, right, like when he was with eminem when they did justin Simbolate. So this is not something that's not unfamiliar to them. In fact, when the Yankees playing they got a playoff game. It actually holds more people than what Jay had that those those nights, and so you're looking from a sheer population standpoint, it can hold up to fifty two thousand and his max he had forty four thousand, so that means that there was less people. Logistically, it was just not mapped out right. I don't know that I can only enter through Gate two if I have this ticket, or I can only introduce Gate eight if I got this ticket, and so you start getting people piled up. You got a VIP line that's converted. It was just logigically confusing. The reason why I wasn't chaos is because the love for ja Yeah, but people love him so much that they were like, we're not going to fuck this up for him. This is and it could have been. I think the people that came yes, that made historic. I don't think it was his best show, but I think the night was so historic. But it could have been something that was I mean, the would be talked about forever. Still, it would have been different if that doesn't happen. But people love him so much since they didn't want to fuck kurby.
Speaker 2: Your enthusiasm, Yeah, yeah, Remember the episode with Larry David and he kept asking him, he goes, he goes in the rest of way, he goes, your food has been delayed because there was a small a small I forget what he called it.
Speaker 3: In the back.
Speaker 2: It was a small something in the back right. And my point is do we blame gay because, like I.
Speaker 3: Said, I don't blame jay Z.
Speaker 4: He actually he I think he knew he had to perform at the highest level possible and he gave a hell of a show all the guests that was there. But you could just tell he didn't take no breaks throughout the whole show. Once he got on, he knew, like I got to make sure I give these people what they paid for. So they stayed, and they stayed and it was a great show. Kudos to him. Like to me, that was the best concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: But but I'm just but I'm just saying, but everybody makes mistakes.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying from a Live Nation standpoint, Rock Nation Live Nation, Yankee Stadium, n YPD, they just that was a logistical failure. I don't think he's the one that's in a meeting of Rock Nation Live. Like you know, I'm saying, I don't think so. So you know, they could just they just gotta do better next time. It's not it's nothing that you know, learning experience, L.
Speaker 2: See. This is the reason why like those first like I believe if he would have did like almost like a residency like Bad Bunny. I think I think he could have sold it out every single time, every single time, and I think he would have got like like the first couple of shows. I believe Bad Bunny had like someone of the same type of problem. But by the time I got there, I got there like maybe like a month into his ship. No no, no, no, no, I was I was in the middle. I was in the Joe went to last week. Joe went to last week, and he went to the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: I went the third week. It was tight.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I might go to the Paris show. Think about London is what is that? It's on Beyon's birthday level.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I think something, You know what I mean. Paris is not eleven, the tenth.
Speaker 2: Paris is the tenth year. I'm supposed to be out there anyway. So I'm about it around and we'll we'll get back. So another thing, my friend Jamie Leftfrackt told me where it's like, you know, I was asking him like and he said, invest in rich enrich rich, like like like if I wanted to buy property like that, I want to keep like, you know, enriched communities, like and like like you know what I'm saying. And I thought about it, right because uh, for the friend of my Eric, everybody knows Eric. Eric kept sending me things and I was trying to do the flip ship, right, go get a house, a sixth bedroom. I was gonna get a six six where's that said, six family house? Get it, get a property manager, do all that ship multi family, and the multi family didn't go, and then I was going to get another joint that I wanted to rent out, but I wanted to like live in there, like so I wanted to some fla ship.
Speaker 3: Is that something that you guys agree with? I think?
Speaker 4: I mean, you're getting a rich neighborhood is going to appreciate over the cost of time.
Speaker 3: I appreciates, I think, all right, but.
Speaker 4: The entry level is harder to get into, and then it's a really bad neighborhood and there's a lower price point obviously, but you're gonna have to deal with issues. The slightly dangerous neighborhood is probably the sweet spot because that's the one that's changing.
Speaker 2: Almost middle class, lower middle class, lower low lowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the one is about to be gentrified. Yeah, the one that's just about it planning.
Speaker 2: There's no arguments that they got the Starbucks with no cappucinos.
Speaker 4: In ten years, you're going to say, oh, ship best died now looks like Fort Green right when Fort Green now looks like soh.
Speaker 3: But this area was winning with this was yo yah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know when I first came to Winwood, wow yo when what was so dangerous?
Speaker 3: It was like dangerous night.
Speaker 4: It was like Night of the Living zombies where it was so many crackheads on. I hadn't seen no ship like that because I was born in the eighties. I didn't grow up in the eighties. I grew up in the nineties. So I heard stories about how there used to be one hundred fiends lined up on the street shit like that. I have physically never seen that before. But I was like, holy shit, this is what this is what looks like like you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, Like I was, And then I came back four years later and it's art bozo. It was so dangerous.
Speaker 6: The only people that would do arn't out here was a graffiti artist because the cost wasn't fucking with them. So that's why it became all these murals and that started to so how how did they because this ship just changed. This was the mick of like hip hop in Miami, Like we would have all our hip hop parties, everybody from Miami would come.
Speaker 4: Out, so nation was out here. They would they would do. How did they clean the shit up so quickly? It was it was big money that came eventually, but it was the galleries. So it happens all the graffiti artists in the city. They had these things called pennance.
Speaker 6: So it's all these walls where they all agreed, we're gonna all do our murals here. We won't fight here, but the cops aren't fucking with us because it's this neighborhood is like off limits even to the cops.
Speaker 3: So you start to see all this art here. And then these warehouses were.
Speaker 6: They were just warehouses, you know, abandoned warehouses, car body shops. And then they started to do galleries popping up around the fact that there was like all this graffiti and art like that became like the cool factors. So these little mini galleries started popping up, and they started doing little art walks where you would go to the galleries serve you free wine. And then you would have like these like people that were like trying to be cool into the art world, but they was just like like on the ground level it was different. But it was the graffiti artists that really had this going. And then going back into the nineties, we would come out here and there was this area called Well Women was like a predominantly Puerto Rican area, like a little Puerto Rican pocket in Miami, and they had Virtual Clemented Park and Zoos Nation was pretty heavy out here, and they would do a lot of hip hops out here, yeah in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it had like a chapter in Miami. Yeah, and so they would they would do security out here. Well. Yeah, it was that.
Speaker 6: This is like late eighties, early nineties. Going into the mid nineties, they had the thing called Hoodstock that this dude DJ Raw, he was infamous out here in Winwood. He did this huge concert free to the whole neighborhood out here with all the top hip hop artists, and it was.
Speaker 3: It was rivalry.
Speaker 6: When how can I be down? If you guys know that convention that used to happen in the nineties. Yeah, Peter Thomas def Jam was a big hip Hop convention. Yeah, so that was what was That's what really started this whole area. But then what happened is it started to rise in value, and then people started.
Speaker 2: Selling property here like like you feel like I feel like from Brickle.
Speaker 3: They stopped building, they started building, and everything starts moving on.
Speaker 4: Like even Brickle in the early nineties was crazyhood too. Yeah, well they said, now it's like a little Haiti.
Speaker 6: It's been getting Yeah, it take time because there it's like little Havana.
Speaker 3: There's so much culture that they're fighting. They're trying to fight a little bit. Yeah, it's like someone story.
Speaker 4: One dude we actually ran into a few times. I guess he's like one of the community leaders, and he was saying, like theyre trying to fight against it because they even tried to change the name I think like Lemon City.
Speaker 3: I think or Lemon City, something like that, Brigle West.
Speaker 2: So so let me ask you that's crazy. This is the reason why I asked. Right, you know, I'm from New York City. I love pizza, and I went to cut the slices the other day, Right, I was the one in Manhattan, right boom so.
Speaker 3: Just out the blue.
Speaker 2: I had a photo shoot right by the Brooklyn Bridge, right somewhere. I was like, right over the Brooklyn Bridge. So I wanted to cut the slices again. So I was like, all right, cool. It was like, where's the closest one? It was in Brooklyn, right, I didn't even check the neighborhood, Like you know what I'm trying to say, Like back in the days, you like going to Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: What part of Brooklyn part of that?
Speaker 2: Like we're going to best stop, a best stop like like Jennifications.
Speaker 3: So comfortable happens quick.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize what I was doing. I was like, this is still Brooklyn. Like, so I'm asking, is justification a good thing?
Speaker 4: The definition of gentrification is a positive thing. It's turning lower income neighborhood into a middle class neighborhood to improve the residence, lives and infrastructure. That's the definition Dictionary definition. The condentation is negative. The condentation is pushing people out, pushing people out, changing the culture that was once there and now reframing it.
Speaker 3: So it's like.
Speaker 4: Anybody should want to improve their neighborhood. I think what people don't appreciate is like the colonization aspect of it. Of like we've been doing block parties here for twenty years and nobody ever gets hurt. And then you are one person you move here, and now you call the cops because you don't like the sound of the music. Well, you should have never moved here if you didn't like the sound of the music, because it happens every Sunday, right.
Speaker 2: So advocate real quick, right because a lot of people say, then why didn't you buy the neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Right? No, one hundred percent. And I think that because because when you say you, I think that's part of it too. I'm gonna let you finish it. But I think when we hear gentrification, we think that white, wealthy people coming into black neighborhoods. That's what we can take. That's what we think. They already owned the properties though, but we don't. We're not doing it. And that's the problem too, to own the hood. It is, but you got it, and two different questions at one.
Speaker 4: This is it's like it's like don't they say, like, don't sell Grandma's house, right, like don't sell your home. And because it's like, okay, sell your home and you move to the suburbs. But then when you moved to the suburbs. Somebody from the suburbs is moving into your neighborhood. So now it's the reverse situation that that's happening. So you can look at it from a few different standpoints, But I think the first thing is that you got to have pride in in your community. That's why I love Rwanda so much because Rwanda not only is the cleanest country in Africa, it's also one of the safest countries in Africa.
Speaker 3: I think that it's a direct correlation. How you do one thing is how you do everything.
Speaker 4: Direct correlation to what Okay, if you feel comfortable throwing trash on a tree on the street, pissing on the alley, treating your shit like you're gonna feel comfortable robbing somebody, you're gonna feel that may seem like an extreme, but it's true. If you feel if you feel like I got to leave this place cleaner than what I saw it, You're gonna think twice about any level of crime about It changes the whole.
Speaker 3: It changes the whole dynamics. It changed the whole dynamics.
Speaker 4: I always said at a lot of our problem in America is our mindset. Because even if you go. I remember the first time I went to South Central and they was driving us through and I was like, when are we going to get to Crenshaw because I had seen it in the movies. They like, we were actually in Crenshaw. It looked like a suburb because it's manicured lawns, it's private homes. But of course it is dangerous and it's gang activity and all of that. But what I'm saying is that people will come from another country and see what we have as a mansion as an unbelievable opportunity because they was literally sleeping in a hut.
Speaker 3: We don't have.
Speaker 4: Fully, the idea of air condition is something that half the world's population doesn't even understand, even.
Speaker 3: In England right now. That's why people are dying with lights. Lights.
Speaker 4: There's four hundred million people in Africa that don't have lights. They don't like seven o'clock at night. The night's over, you know what I'm saying, Like the night's over when when the sun goes down. Literally, So it's like the mindset is a big, big thing. A lot of a lot of times we don't We can go to Beverly Hills and turn into a hood because of our mindset, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's like we got it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that that style was a bad neighborhood because obviously they turned into what it is, the Halem.
Speaker 3: They saw the value in it.
Speaker 4: So it's like a lot of times we are not necessarily in the worst geographic area.
Speaker 3: It's the mentality that we have.
Speaker 4: And like I said, it's just little things like throwing shit on the street or you know what I'm saying, like just taking pride in something. You see something that's broken, fix it right. Like how you do one thing is how you do everything. And it's a trickle down effect. And now the whole community rally behind it. So nothing in Rwanda. Every Sunday they walk as a country and the president walks with them. No cars on Sundays. You would appreciate that run chance they walk every single Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's like and they get out and clean every get what. They go outside and clean and clean, like the whole country does community service, community service. They get out. You see people sleeping right in front of it wherever they live. They sweep in the street. It's pristine, right because everybody buys into that mentality. They take president, right, they take They believe that there's value and where they're at. We don't see where we're living as value. You know, when we see value. Somebody puts up a skyscraper, they're like, yea, what they're doing here. They're looking at it like, Yo, you've been here this whole time. Y'all didn't evaluate it. We're going to actually show you the value. Then it becomes on affordable and we're like, yo, what happened. Right, let's start Yankee Stadium. You dropped out of the Yankee Stadium. You look at Mount Haven, right, you got Mount Haven and then you've got twenty new buildings going up. Wow. They're looking at it like a luxury, luxury apartment. They look like that's water fun property. Right long out of the city.
Speaker 2: Wow, long out of city is the city's little manhattan.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Queens, it's not queens. They're looking at it like that's how water fund property. We can put luxury buildings here, we can change the narrative of how this this this place is going to be looked at, fly fly, But how long has it been there? And they're looking at like always those warehouse, those warehouses, like they're looking at that's how we're seeing it. They looking at it as opportunity.
Speaker 4: But that's why ownership is so important too, because you don't appreciate what you don't own. Think about it like you lived in an apartment. You live somewhere, you don't you buy a home. It's a difference. Ship breaks in an apartment, call it super break.
Speaker 3: Into your crib. You breaking in your crib exactly. So it's like your strong inflection of you.
Speaker 4: If you own that home on the street, you're gonna be looking at everything that happens on the streets, the dogs, ships, If you just have an apartment, you might not care you it. I'm just gonna go, I'm gonna look. So that's why ownership is so important too, because when you don't own it, your mindset is different. When you own some ship, you have a different level because you fully invested, you got skin in the game.
Speaker 3: You look at it differently, and you're watching everybody. You're watching the neighbors. That's when you really invested in the kids, Like what they're doing outside, Hey, they're playing outside, Like let me go talk to them, can we go help them? Community watch? That's it right, It was a community neighborhood community. We got the neighborhood h ab be strict. Of course, this guy if the kids on a motorcycle, like, there's a whole neighborhood. Watch, Yo, did y'all see that bike? Like what y'all talking about? Did you see the bike? Like? Yeah, I mean that they're they're driving pretty fast on our street. Maybe we should put speed bumps.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I want to get down with neighborhood, but there's value in conversations.
Speaker 3: I'm not there yet. I'm like, yo, if y'all can waste my time on another one of these fucking texts, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it's a kid, he's on he's testing his bike out. Why do we need speed bump that? It'd be the most random thing, you know what I'm saying. But that's part of it, because again, we're all homeowners in that in that space, and we're looking like can this devalue the neighborhood or is it going to keep the appreciation the neighborhood up? But schools are important too, Okay, that's important. We should get that part. But like, I'm not moving to somewhere if the schools aren't great. Why because my kids got to go up there, they got to grow up. We got to figure out how the education system because if that's not great, and that again goes into the taxes as well. If we're not having those type of conversations, then we're really being missing formed. Right. So like when you're looking at in the city schools, they're like, oh, they're not the best schools, Well, who's doing the rating on it? Who's giving them the resources? Right? Like how making sure that our kids are going to even wherever they live, are going to the best places that are going to help them out in the future. So let me ask you, right.
Speaker 2: I actually this earlier, but in a different way. Now, I'm a guy who's never been to Africa, but everyone is telling me, including a kon Akon Akon has been. He's been waving the Africa flag. I only been the whole continent. I don't even know if they got a flag.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make it one the whole concept.
Speaker 2: Big fact he's telling, you know, go back to Africa the best, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I believe he said it on this show.
Speaker 2: He said every if every African American was to go back to Africa. They would live ten times better over there.
Speaker 3: This is what this is.
Speaker 2: According to the right.
Speaker 3: So now taking y'all advice, taking his advice.
Speaker 2: Now asking y'all if a person never been to Africa, they want to go there, they want to own their house or invest in their house and maybe AIRBNBA when they're not there, and what will be the place? What will replace you?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 4: Recommend first the entry to Africa is Ghana. That's the entry to Africa. It's one of the closest places because it's on the west coast. It's very familiar. You feel like you're in the Caribbean. It's a vibe. Everybody speaks English. You won't feel like out of place. It's very safe, it's not aggressive. People are not aggressive, you know, running up on you every ten minutes asking for money.
Speaker 3: Ghana is the entry to Africa.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean entry level?
Speaker 4: If you first going to Africa, first place, my recommendation, that should be.
Speaker 3: The first place you go to, like to acclimate to the on the ground.
Speaker 4: Now opportunities, the opportunities there. Kenya is where it's at. Kenya is where it's at. Man Kenya is so dope Brow Road by Kenya is a vibe, bro, like some of the best food. It's very metro Politan area. Then you got the Safari like twenty minutes away. So you got the animals, you got the skyscrapers, you got people from all over the world.
Speaker 3: It's super diverse within an eight mile stretch. You got the Serengetti and you got them Samara right, like two of the most prestigious places on Earth that you can think for wildlife in the same country. That's crazy. Right. You got white sand beaches right like you said it's a tech hub. It's Kenya, Nairobi specifically, you got white sand beaches on the coast right, think of the coastal properties. Like you said tech hub. Is when my ears starts sparking because I'm like, wait, if they're thinking about tech, they're thinking about growths. Talking about affordability. We went to a luxury building, Bro, this is no Joe, no Joe. Pool on a balcony, thirty three hundred square feet pool on your balcony. Were looking at each other like, Yo, how much you think this is. I'm like, nah, it's probably like maybe a mill. We asked the lady. She was like, yeah, this is going for twenty five hundred a month. It's two hundred and fifty to buy. It's a pool on a balcony, not hot. A pool pull on your balcony around three sixty balcony Yo.
Speaker 2: Okay man.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow crazy bro super and then and then you.
Speaker 4: Know it's we gotta go to Ethiopia, haven't. That's the next place we gotta go. So I've been hearing great things about Ethiopia. Also Nigeria. Nigeria is very aggressive. Shot shot Nigeria. Shot to Nigeria, you know, David Oh, the whole team. We connected with them out there. But Nigeria is like, all right, if you first come to America and you go to Brooklyn, that's the first place you go to, you might not be fully acclimated to deal with that.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying. That's the whole thing. Yeah, this is exactly how New York City is exact.
Speaker 4: Nigeria is very you know how I said, Ghana is not aggressive. Nigeria is very aggressive and very fast paced. So it's two different things. I mean you, Nigeria has over two hundred million people, right like by twenty I think by twenty fifty you'll have more people in the country than the entire United States, Like the population is increasing.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. So I mean Legos is very fast paced. There's a lot going with the Beato from yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there are a lot of good things about that.
Speaker 4: But shout out to Nigeria, like I said, they they got a lot going on. But it's just you just gotta It's like double Dutch, right, like you got to catch your rhythm.
Speaker 3: I ain't ready for that.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean by that.
Speaker 3: Those Nigeria again English speaking Robi and not rob So we went to craw uh he said, Kagali, Rwanda is dope. We were just in Morocco. We spent some time.
Speaker 4: There. Is fantastic. Rocco is dope. Different because they're very it's not.
Speaker 3: Like frince Montana from there. Yeah, we sat down with them like the day before we went.
Speaker 4: So it's not they got like so up Saharan Africa and Saharan Desert Africa, right, So Saharan Desert Africa is more an Arab.
Speaker 6: Feels Middle Eastern Middle has the French influence the exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know Africa, like when we think of Africa as far as like black people. That's Sub Saharan Africa. So, but we've been to Morocco, Egypt. Morocco got a lot going on. Morocco is a beautiful country, great weather. They got a lot of opportunities there for sure. So Morocco definitely is a place that they got the World Cup coming. Yeah, they're getting busy in Rwanda is a hidden gym Yo. Rwanda is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to in my life. Like Speed, I show Speed he went there. He was like that was his favorite place.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: It's so beautiful, bro, Like you see the mountains, you just you see that. We went to Gorilla Trekking. They like we went to with the gorillas you did, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah out of line now you yeah yeah, it's crazy, like you like right here, that's wild. That was crazy. Yeah, that was great. I mean those are the English speaking ones. But we've been to like soccer dope, I'll come. I know they got a lot of toil.
Speaker 2: But I went to to Cape to Cape to, South Africa.
Speaker 3: That's the place. It's the most American, Like you feel like you're kind of America.
Speaker 6: Burg felt like it was New York in the eighties, Like that's the vibe that I got. But I mean, like the city, like Cape Town was beautiful. It was like it was like Miamia with mountains Cape beautiful. But every time we went out and we were a group of dudes, they were like, don't stay out at night and I'm like, that's what, Yeah, that's what, Like, what's gonna happen there? Everybody told us that's that's the riffle.
Speaker 4: Not like that Ghana. You know, you stay out to six o'clock in the morning. It's no problem. Ghana, It's no problem at all.
Speaker 3: Was right. We was in Benin. That's Kenya. That's key unfortunately French speaking, but Banan. I mean you can feel like there's a change happening. Right. Politics is a real thing. Leadership is a real thing. We went in Guinea, you know what I mean. Guinea has potential, but you can see like the opportunities that that can happen there. That's another spot. That is Senegal.
Speaker 2: And my man.
Speaker 3: T is from sagal the car. How about Liberia. You've been heard they.
Speaker 4: Got the best jolof Rice actually because we went to something actually, yeah, Rice wars is real, right. The three places that we went to Major is for rice is Nigeria, Khana and Senegal, so they all are different. Senegal they kind of have a cheetoke because they put fish in there. They put all types of crazy ship in there, so that Rice is like a jumbalaya.
Speaker 3: It's like a jumbaya. But man, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, very similar. It was good. Yeah. I don't want to infect anyone. So they're all great, they're all great. I want to do quick We got that? Or do we want sending the picture's idea sonny?
Speaker 2: Right, idea afterwards?
Speaker 3: You want to do it after all? Right, we'll let him think about it. You got to explain them. We don't believe you quick time, which.
Speaker 6: Oh you gotta drink with douse anyways as well. Yeah, because there's only be me and you drinking. Nobody else'll drinking.
Speaker 3: I'll take a shot and I'll take them shots. We'll do some shots. Uh, what kind of back you guys? Oh this is bulls were in Miami. Let's do it. I gotta wine. Why you could just and she'll give you some shots. Why fight time when you can wind?
Speaker 2: Fight the time when you come up one and then we gonna get into some hip hop ship to and we interview the owner.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah what Carol, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Here, if you're gonna you could give him, yeah, give him a thank you.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. Why you need anything? You can start with mine. I guess you're gonna take some mamajuana. All right, let's see. All right? Oh you guys didn't play quick time those last time we did, did you? Okay, so you guys know the rules. We gotta say not anyway, we ain't get in trouble after. So just to say it, we give you two choices. You pick one. We don't drink if you say both are neither were drinking?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Elon Musk or just Bezos n Jeff Bezos. Yeah, I'm going with Joff. Any reason why you would say Jeff Elon must be Elon Waller? Yeah? He doing too much ship, He's doing too much crazy shit.
Speaker 4: Now he's saying, like, hysse you heard about that ship?
Speaker 3: Wait the movie Oyssey? Yeah? What about it? What he said?
Speaker 4: Something about it got Lupita younger in the Odyssey, and he was on the whole thing of like, why is she in the Odyssey? You don't understand the Africans came. The Africans civilized Europe before when they was in the Dark Ages, like Europeans, that's one of them. But the Europeans, the Greeks and the Romans came to Egypt to learn. The Egyptians called them children's and their mystery. Like, there was black people in Europe way before you got to tell.
Speaker 3: You about Spain. It was colonized exactly for six hundred years. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Mafia Coast apartment for cutting you off. In the Mafia Coast is a whole area of statues, and they're all black, all black, And I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 4: That in America and America people know about Man Samusa, but they don't know about his brother. That's the richest man on earth right ever, Okay, ever, his brother was the King of the Sea. His brother was the first one of the first explorers to actually come to America. There was Africans in America before Christopher Columbus. Wow, on their own, not on the slave trade, they on their own as explorers.
Speaker 3: Wo.
Speaker 4: So it's like I can't rock with Elon Musk, like he's doing too much crazy shit. But history lesson If anybody that's interested history is important. There's a lot of context.
Speaker 2: I was just in Greece and they showed them the statues of black people too.
Speaker 3: You tried to say like this was this was Ai, that was how crazy AI is. That's a good lesson everybody. I sat down with an author and he said something that was like they stuck with me forever. He was like, people think of indoctrination, and when we think of it, it's a negative connotation, right, And he was like, indoctrination could be good. We just have to change the doctrine. In order to change the doction, we have to have education. And so if we tell people the right thing and the true stories, then that becomes the doctrine, so it won't be indoctrination, you know what I'm saying. So like that's why the education pieces is like vital, because if you don't tell that story, then people forget the history, which is kind of like part of that process of trying to figure out, hey, let's erase the history. Let's not teach from history was wor the Moors came through Spain. That's standable, Barker.
Speaker 4: But the crazy thing about white supremacy is like it just funks up your mind so crazy. People is just so indoctrinated. They'll tell you it was no Africans in Greece and no black people in Rome, and then they have no problem having Elizabeth Taylor playing Nepher.
Speaker 3: Titi and Egypt.
Speaker 1: We was in.
Speaker 4: We went to Egypt. We saw, we saw the Valley of the Kings. We go to the we go to inside the tombs, and these people is darker than me. These are the original opinions from three thousand and five thousand years ago. You know what's so crazy is like even that if you put a black man as a pharaoh, the people will be like, that's that, that didn't happen. The painting is on the wall. Literally, I'm looking at the pinion. I don't need no interpretation. The Egyptians that's there, now, those aren't the original Egyptians. Those are people that came. So it's like we could look at a picture and people will still say that's not real. It's like the white Jesus, how you gonna have You have a white man that lived in in the Middle East?
Speaker 3: What have you do? You know, any blonde hairl our.
Speaker 8: Person and describes what he looked like in the Bible's but if you put if you put that picture up there, people will be like, this is bullshit, It's not real.
Speaker 3: Why would you do this? Why would you?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: How is it going to be a white person?
Speaker 4: And it's described as different way and geographically it don't even make sense.
Speaker 6: Damn near Stockholm syndrome. Like you ever, you know I pressed you or kidnapped you. You start to like them and believe them.
Speaker 3: You see that every day. Yeah, that's crazy, all right, Damon John and Mark Cuban, man shout Damon.
Speaker 4: You know he's he's the bro. He actually came to invest fast. But Mark Cuban did our show twice too, so got love for him. I got to go with Mark Cuban. I mean just he's a legend in the game from a few different reasons, and he wear.
Speaker 3: T shirts number one reason. Now I'm going with I'm going with Damon just because outside of what he's done from the business side, what he meant I still like. I told him when we met him and interviewed him. I remember being the kid watching video Music Box with Rob McDaniel. I told Rod McDaniels this, and he went to Queen's and sat down with these dudes on the step and I was like, who are these guys right? And when they created, when they was doing football, I'm just like, Yo, this is crazy. And then to watch that brand grow, to see what it meant and to see what he's done with it, obviously being on Shock Team, but the businesses that he's been able to create, and he's I mean, he's a solid dude, like a really good human being. And not to say that Mark Cuban is it. He's done amazing things as well. But I'm gonna go with Damon just because I watched him involved into what I I'll go with Damon too. Been oppositely, we would have had to drink college. It's three.
Speaker 4: It's three for one if you black, because it's three times harder. So if you make a hundred million dollars when you black, technically you worth half a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: That's how I look at it. Like jay Z.
Speaker 4: Jay Z been at two billion dollars for fifteen years. Jay Z's supposed to be worth thirty billion if you really think about it, that's crazy. Open everybody that's black at worth two billion? Oh Lebron James, Michael Jordida. You never realized, like I remember Templand told me that at our bossle You're like, yo, you ever think about this shit?
Speaker 3: Everybody, you got to be.
Speaker 4: The most incredible person in the world to be black, to be worth a billion dollars. Sam Bank mcfree, nobody even knew who he was, was worth thirty billion dollars and he was thirty one years old.
Speaker 3: No, you're about to get a text. He's gonna be like wrong shot Champ and again, how even ten billion?
Speaker 4: It's like, look, it's true booky that you've never heard of in life, that's worth eighty billion dollars. This about Bucker's got to be the most impactful, most sell out Yankee Stadium ten times, do crazy shit. And it's like to get eight billion and everybody is worth the same amount.
Speaker 3: His intrinsic value is what we can't count, right, Like how many people have he sparked the idea to create something? So Yeah, on a monetary standpoint, like, yeah, we can say he's worth three point eight or whatever Forbes says, and that's whatever he reports, but his intrinsic value is so much more. The really interesting thing is that the wealthiest black man is in Africa and nobody talks about them, right, but technically we interview him, Yeah a Lincoln Dangodi.
Speaker 4: Robert Smith Okay, yeah Rob Smith with Rich's Blackmans.
Speaker 3: So he's actually number two. Now David Stewart's number one. They go back and forth, but the last three years has been David Stewart. But legal Dangodi triples them in worth, right. And what he's about to do in Africa, Yeah, what he's about to do with his oil refinery in Nigeria potentially can have him at the sixty to seventy billion dollar rate. Some people have him estimated at one hundred billion, right, But like that's how that needs to be studied, and nobody talks about that. Like we follow entertainment so much that we forget that the business world where it's actually happened. He could care less about music, right. His thing is like natural resources? Is it rice? Is it flower? Is a cement? Is it oil? All those things are part of his ecosystem. And now his daughters are doing it too, right, So like that what he's doing is going to change the entire trajectory of his country, not his like city, now his neighborhood, his entire country where they go from a place that used to they got oil, they exported it out to get it refined, and then had to pay to get it back.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something with Kadaffi wanted to do.
Speaker 3: K wanted to do a lot of.
Speaker 4: You wanted to have a unified African dollar backed by goal. He wanted to have the United African Nations like. He wanted to do a lot of stuff. But you know the crazy thing about the richest black people in America. They could walk through any black neighborhood in America and nobody would know who they are.
Speaker 2: And I saw this, Huh, that's dope, right, No, not really. He wanted to be famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you got That's what you got a little inspiration.
Speaker 2: Like Robert somebout the image be famous, but not them because they want to protect We don't.
Speaker 3: Know the image. If I showed you a picture, you wouldn't who is definitely I'm saying Robert Smith.
Speaker 4: Robert Smith had a press conference in Harlem because he had an initiative of like prostate cancer because like, black men get prostate cancer at a much higher rate. This is a couple of years ago, so we went. It was in the middle of the projects. I think it was in whack then projects the middle of the projects they had Steve Harvey did Charlotte Mane all that body. It was nothing nobody like maybe one hundred people, no shoutout top.
Speaker 3: But if Cardi B was there, O, bro, if you.
Speaker 4: Understand, it would be five thousand people there that would be asking for autographic picture and yo, can you listen to my music?
Speaker 3: All that type of shit. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We don't even know who are the people to actually look up to, Like you know what I'm saying, like this dude is worth twenty billion dollars, fifteen billion dollars, but.
Speaker 3: Is that how you market it? Hey man come to see me and knows what I would do, saying it's like this is the part, right, this is going to go all the way back to again. And this is when I'm listening to a reasonable Doubt and I'm listening to Kid not the Hustle and he says like all black God is sports, it entertainment until we even yep, I'm like, yo, that's prophetic, right, because he's saying, like all we look up to are people in sports and entertainment, and that's how we're going to get to wealth, and then you look at the wealthiest people and none of them come from sports entertainment. Wow, you see what I'm saying. But if I showed you a pit literally did this for fourteen year olds. If I showed him a picture of Beyonce, they know it. But that I show a picture j they know it. Dre they know right like Oprah they know. They don't know Dango they don't There's so many names that they don't know. If I show hi Robert Smith, they would have no idea. If I showed you Dave Stewart, you wouldn't know. Dave Stewart doesn't speak a lot. So how do we know? Like, we can't emulate what he's done. We can't say like that's aspiration. We can look at the Dollar Mount and say like I would love to get there. The how is that we don't know, right, So if they never tell their story and if we don't know who they are, then we can't emulate. We can't aspire, we can't inspire to be that. That's why it's important. That's real, all right. Russell Simmons are Lyric Cohen. I got Russell Simmons. I'm rolling with Russ about you know what I'm saying from a business, I'm not sure what he has. I would say a good time.
Speaker 2: I think I posted, you know, you know I love all the boogaries, boogary hotels everywhere.
Speaker 3: So I posted like that was gonna go to Boogery and and Bali.
Speaker 2: And he put me on the text for like trogph p Hnson like everybody like he was just motherfucking Norman just said, I'm like, what the fun I texted him personally like what they don't be convincing like from these people? And yeah, but yeah, so I've never been to Bali. You've been to Bali? They said you can't smoke weed? You know, I don't smoke you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I wasn't it you you didn't pay it because Thailand. Anything goes in Thailand.
Speaker 2: I don't remember Thailand.
Speaker 6: Remember they got some rules in Thailand. Maybe everything goes in what he wants Thailand. They got like like vandalism rules out there, wasn't it Thailand where they that American kid got got uh right?
Speaker 3: Then they got last that was like the nineties. I feel like I remember you got the last year. That's a fact. That's crazy that's a that's a like prerequisite. You gotta know if you can smoke an area.
Speaker 5: See like like like.
Speaker 2: Like you know, no, no, no no, I definitely plan where I'm moving accordingly to that. You know yeah no, so like again Dubai, the maldis like in that area, I know already. I'm not I'm not bringing nothing. I'll tell you a funny story. Motherfucking in La with alchemists. He takes me to be Real's farm. Uh, I fucking stuff. This is when this is like when we were.
Speaker 3: Backing gigs back then. I slumped the bud in my little pocket, in the change pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the change pocket boom pretty much, get out and roll it forget go to La, come back to New York, come out to Jersey. Five from Jersey to Dubai. They're telling me, I smell like I'm so confident.
Speaker 3: I'm so confident. I'm like, yeah, I was smoking before I got head. Yeah where I'm going.
Speaker 2: Like you know you smell like, but I'm like, yo, listen, I'm confident man like like I just you know, I burnt before I got here. I'm sorry, I was spoking some strong ship. I get this my first time in Dubai. I get to the to the room, God gives me like a like a like a junior sweet.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, he can tell us I don't like it. But I'm like, he's like, yo, you like it.
Speaker 2: I'm like yeah, man, but he could tell like I'm trying to be respectful. He's like, man, I was just walking with you, man, And I'm like, all right, cool. He told you bring me to like damn the like a palate, right, I'm like, oh, ship, yes, give me.
Speaker 3: The zoting fruits. He wants to know, you know, the dragon food, you know. So he goes away.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, I want to get This is when Chris Style was popping or something. So he goes get your style. I look at my pocket. I got that blunt left.
Speaker 3: I just burn it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know no better. I just burned this ship. They must have smelled that ship.
Speaker 5: They came in.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 3: And I put that ship out like a modal flip. I'm not gonna lie, but I.
Speaker 2: Never never never tried that ship again, like like you know what I mean? They said for Yanna, it's clear and Snoop is clear to smoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in that area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, the people gave us at the hotel. The people gave us a shower caps. They was like, you're going to see Snoop, right, We're like yeah when we did the part. When we did the the hotel gave us covered the Snooper is clear everywhere, like anywhere goes like they know that he's smoking. I've seen him in New York one time he smoked out seven floors seven floors of the alarmers just going on, don't want.
Speaker 3: T about this. Is he the most famous rapper?
Speaker 6: Yes, he is the most famous rapper all the Olympic stuff that happened.
Speaker 3: He's Kanye West.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, but let me just tell you something. He would try to sneak out by himself. You ain't gonna really see Snoop sneak out by himself unless he's in California or something like that. Like like I'm like, I've seen Yay come out Yon like awesome himself.
Speaker 3: Yea himself is crazy. McDonald's out here. When he did anybody see him? He went to mister Yeah, everybody saw him. He went.
Speaker 2: He made mister Lee's inside in order, mister Lee. He made mister Lee's model look exactly about McDonald.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, he came back around. He got your rocket like six in the morning. I was like's not ready, Yeah, you cantinue about right now. He went by himself.
Speaker 3: No kids do that, yo, And he came back. That's crazy. He called me one day he was like, what do you what do you doing on Tuesday?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I feel like he's Michael Jackson at this point, like this is this is this is the first interview because after the first interview, the first one was and the second the second one is a little different, but this is the first.
Speaker 3: He goes, yea, what do you do?
Speaker 2: So I was like, said, I just go to my my wife's juice bar and I hang out there and he never really technically set up on my way. He just hung up, and I was like, this motherfucker's coming in. Like he didn't ask me to address Leo Coles did that to me. And I pulled up and showed up. This motherfucker was pulling up and it was like ninety degrees. He had he had the biggest level, but he went sweat.
Speaker 3: He went in sweat, Like I was like, yo, this is crazy. Some friendship this guy, he didn't sweat. Jadakis will push your tea.
Speaker 4: Jadakiss shout out the push were now want four guys, so I push your tea.
Speaker 3: My GODU out to push kisses. That's a local legend for us.
Speaker 6: All right, this one is business wise, not artistically. Jay z or nas.
Speaker 3: Ship take a shot. I'm gonna take a shot, a shot because yeah, take a shot of Shout out to Esco. Shout that casino serious power. And the restaurant you're gonna drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to White Club, White Cluster.
Speaker 3: Coco Deck is my favorite. You've been to Coco?
Speaker 2: The Korean barbecue spoke with a certain oil that's supposed to make the chicken not fry.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like oil. Yeah, I don't. I don't eat. I had to fish, but they put the caveat on it too, the fish nuggets with that's my style. And the salad, yeah, that's my style. Yeah didn't it didn't hit the salad from there, but uh oh yeah, I was there earlier. Yeah it was you was. I was crazy because my daughter's birthday and I was going there for for dinner with her friends and you was there with nas. Okay, yeah, yeah, pull yeah, yeah, I hit the tee him like they was like, yeah no, he was here earlier. I'm like, oh ship, yeah yeah, that's the one. That's what running champs. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do that again. Okay, well all right n W A republic.
Speaker 3: Enemy, public enemy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I grew up on that.
Speaker 2: That was not one.
Speaker 3: One is a Joe that's fight the Power favorback planet. That was in my house, Like we used to draw those symbols that, you know, like the P symbol, but we used to sketch that. But how do wasn't win ice Cube that was with the Bomb Squad and made the most about the top five most influential rappers in terms of business and I had Cuban airs five. I think people see he definitely yeah, all right, farreller Kanye as.
Speaker 4: Far as the producer, but whichever want whatever criterion Kanye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's too He's too versatile, got everything. He's one of my favorites. Steve Stout or Jimmy Ivan.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know Steve Stole, I don't know Jimmy Ivean, So we gotta go with Steve Stout.
Speaker 3: About the fourth we never met jim It's crazy. We never met Jimmy Iveanu. The style he probably been writing room like so quiet I heard, I mean, we heard stories about him. We just never person that the gangster A Master per J Prince Love J Prince. We had a print story Master.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is more impactful to us because No Limit Man, that No Limit in print. We just interviewed Master p that No Limit was so strong. Bro, I knew can enabled me a x.
Speaker 3: All the albums like that.
Speaker 2: You drop albums a month, use calduggery when when Silphie was.
Speaker 3: On the cover of Source, it was you corrupting dmxic came cannabis fun pun. Yeah, that's before it was like a freshman thing like y'all was a cover.
Speaker 2: That's and then and then silk Shot could beat me in every category in the Source he did. I don't know why I'll still be with him, Like Yo man, Yo, Yo bron, that's what man.
Speaker 3: When that album dropped, I had Nory on my door. That's right.
Speaker 2: Goddamn, it makes some money this.
Speaker 3: Man right now, I'm so crazy. After we did Drink Chance the first time I had him signed the Orange and Blue bo Jackson's and my brother sent me the picture. He's like, that's a real full circle moment. Literally, be like, Yo, why you keep talking about this guy? Annoyed my posture making. He was like, because he was doing deals with I think Rockaway was just trying to find a credit line, so he was working with them. He was like, Yo, jay Z's going to be the guy. I was like, I'm listening to the Nooy right now, right now, like the War report had just dropped and he's coming. You had just did the freestyle. We were talking about the freestyles of the night, the Hot ninety seven freestyles.
Speaker 4: Ray Daniels, but he never heard of a freestyle before. I'm like, nah, that's the guy. Bro and his clue freestyles were classic. And then the album band from TV. First I'm like, oh, it's over. And then what what was like, No, you can tell me that the Cannabis d m x Nory freestyle argument about we had a whole conversation.
Speaker 3: I said, you know they jumped me. You were prepared. You know they didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know them each other. It was just naturally the day we became friends. After that, you know, if you listen to the to Flex. At some point he keeps saying your pun stopped calling pun was downstairs.
Speaker 3: To her, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred cent positive, but about cam but one baby, they were coming today to come up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like because this is all the freshman class, Like they got me goosebumps. Jesus Jesus to me, I was like, we had this argument because he was cannabis is nice. We're not gonna if one some rappings. He was all the blue tat. He was the master.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you so the Cannabis was the only dude that I see. I have a laptop and rhyme students.
Speaker 3: This is back then bad not not so X was up there. And then when you were spitting, I'm like, yo, this ship. I'm like, yo, no, he got he killed it. He was the best one up there. And then we heard the album, like yo, oh that was he was just like giving us what he had. I think he was in that n E molt already ma in the album. I'm like, oh, so like when the album dropped, I'm like, oh, I know some of these verses it made even more enjoyable, like oh yeah, yeah, let's do this for some stuff too. We listened to that we listened to that tape so much.
Speaker 4: That was when radio you actually had to catch it because if you didn't catch it when it actually happened, you might not actually hear it, and then you had to get a tape. So when that freezed, I remember, I was actually it's like when I Hate Me Now came out wow flex oh yeah, two hours.
Speaker 3: Hours. That's why I hate me now? Man hate me now.
Speaker 4: That's the most bombs I ever heard in my life. But I remember you when you freazed out with fabul.
Speaker 3: That's the reason why.
Speaker 2: This is the reason why him and Yaloe's argument is so like it's so like legendary because he says that, you know, QA.
Speaker 3: You was my favorite. I said you're my favorite. He didn't like that he was at the top of my list. And then he can we say something? Just let me just say something artist. This is what Yayo said.
Speaker 2: He was like and and I had to like fil him so much because he was like, was you in the city with big drums and it was like it changed the detectory of our homes. So I like Yayo saying that. I'm like, damn, I was dead. I remember that ship. But people don't remember home.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, listen, okay, let's have this hip hop conversation. Okay, Myth Bleak, we can't discredit history. Myth Bleak has a lot of Greek verses. He does that ship when he said, man, my favorite Myth Bleak verse screw good and I pitched in the pj's little if the DJ split does you with my ring finger you find it's that only kaream Binger black things from bing. I got off between a citizen concert. That's why I packed the Johnson and Johnson for the nonsense. Who wants I go to sleep with a picture of my portion on my wall. We used to listen to that. We used to listen to that. That was the intro to the Hard Knock Life album. Hard Knocked Life is with Change. Jay Z's Life sold five million records. Bleak is the first thing you hit on that album Celebration a thousand bars. I don't know what this narrative came that Bleek is a one hit wonder or he not. Bleak has a catalog of music that we was actually listened to, Like, we can't, we can't rewrite this.
Speaker 3: It's all right because a lot of people don't know history. That's what's happening. Now you can write it. That's an unfortunate part of podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people coming, they're looking like an authority, and then they're rewriting history and then their.
Speaker 3: Audience is like, okay. When he said, like, yo, cop to Jordan's two weeks before they came out, that was so real because that was a thing. In high school.
Speaker 4: It was always the one kid that had the Jordans a week before everybody else had it, and he was like, how did you get it.
Speaker 3: A week in advance? That was the thing.
Speaker 4: So it was like when he was saying a copy Jordan two weeks before he came out that ship was so relatable because that's what he was.
Speaker 3: Trying to do.
Speaker 4: We were trying to get the phone. I remember when the phone pauses came filled. The first sneakers that cost two hundred dollars two hundred dollars was the Pennies. Yes, that was an amazing thing that sneakers cost two hundred dollars. Now, fucking Air Force once cost one hundred.
Speaker 3: Ten dollars up there on the Morrow.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, I never I never met him before were in life, but I just saw that that's kind of a trending topic right now online, and I'm like no, no, no, no, no no, because a lot of people don't know that. Yeah, and that's not just it's happening. It's happening to a lot of partists. Bleak is a legitimate rapper. He's not just like a hype man. He actually had a career. Yeah, he's a legitimate rapper that actually had some legendary verses.
Speaker 6: Make you did say that you got a story with Jay Prince. I'm not going to keep going, he said, legendary. So tell us Houston. The first time we went to Houston, this was like six years ago.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had an event. We had a networking event in Houston. We was going to different cities having networking events throughout throughout America. And we always respect j Prince from his business acumen. At that time, he never really spoke. Now he's speaking a lot now, but at that time he had never really spoke. So they just put out the book. There was a lot of mistique around Jay Prince because he's like the silent person that you never hat just hear stories about. So we're like, yo, when we go to cities, we try to interview people. So we're like, we want to interview Jay Prince. So I'm like, who do we know? So we was connected with every single person that we knew. My god, Chris Gotti shot out to him, spoke because him they like were murdereding, like they super boke. So we called Chris Gotti. Chris Gotty called him, couldn't get in touch with him. He's like he had town for the weekend. We went to the radio station. We talked to the people at the radio station. They was like telling us Jay Prince stories. Everybody had a J Prince story in Houston. I already had a J Prince story. So we're doing an event. His son came to our event. The other one, any is that his name? Yeah yeah, not not not not the people and not Jazz. He has a bunch of sons that I found out about. So another one came to our event. Cool dude shot him and he invited us.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 3: He was like, yo, yeah, no, it's so good, Like we're trying to put your popsitu an interview. He's like, ah, no problem. We knew we had a mutual friend. There was a young lady who was with us, and he was like yeah, they said yeah, come to the rent tomorrow. No, no, that was later. That was later. So okay, so we want a quest to find J. Prince.
Speaker 4: We're running through Houston trying to find j. It's like, where's Waldough.
Speaker 3: Doctor?
Speaker 4: And every time we asked her, every time we asked the person about J. Prince, everybody has a different J. Prince story that's crazier than the first J. Prince story that we heard. And they're all crazy. So we're in the club, as fate would have it, shot the Slim Dog Slim Doug is in there, James Jane Hard weekends in the club and lo and behold, we look up on stage and Jay Prince is on stage and he has an afro with an air piece. It's real old school ship like he has an airpiece in the club. Uh a wine glass on stage? Like who drinks wine in the club with the airpiece on?
Speaker 3: Imagine a bunch of niggas partying around you, chase partying around you, and you're there with an air piece in a wine glass and it's like swirling the wind like like like like like like what wire hanging one wire in the head joint that comes up not a little in the apple white.
Speaker 2: On the shy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this with it washing the crowd. He got the wine glass going so much.
Speaker 4: We had for three days straight, were like trying to find every Chris told us show he's out of town for the weekend. His son told us show he's out of town for the weekend. Everybody tell us he's at town for the weekend. So apparently he just flew back in and he went to that party. So'll be like, oh ship, he goes right.
Speaker 3: Here right there. So we outside, No, No, before we go outside, dude, we was like, yo, I know my kid. I'm like, oh, you know. I'm like, oh, let's go like introduce us. Halfway, I'm walking over there, I see him standing there. I'm getting closer. I look back the dude who said you know, no, No, I can't find him. I'm like, I'm like, I'm like he's trying to to introduce it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, can't proacha y half point.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like, that's the one thing we learned, yallar we'll go soft. Texas is not like New York. This is the real letout right. This is not like anywhere. Really, there's two o'clock in the morning. That ship is over, so then everybody's outside. So one of the girls that we worked that's our friend. She knows uh J Prince Jr. So she like she's talking to Prince Jr. So, okay, I'm right here. There's a car fan it's like a fan.
Speaker 4: And then on the other side of the phantom is Jay Prince Senior and Jay Prince Jr.
Speaker 3: Is like close to us. So I said, yo, tell J Prince Jr. We want to meet his dad, like do the introduction. There's like six of us at this time. So she's like, she's like, yo, now, it's not a good time. I'm like, it's the only time. He's right there.
Speaker 4: If it don't happen, we're leaving in the morning. If it don't happen, now, it's not going to happen. So she goes up to she said some words to him.
Speaker 3: Jr.
Speaker 4: So Junior was like, all right, we'll tell him to you know how. So it's kind of an awkward situation because there's a car there, but reading the room, we didn't really want to walk too close because it looked like it was you don't walk don't approach him.
Speaker 3: So he like he like, He's like, Pops, they want to talk to you. Now. It was six of us. As we moved like ten feet, there's like three of us. Well I have people fell back.
Speaker 4: People was like there looking at it like I can't leave them.
Speaker 3: A super aggressive So I'm going and I'm talking. So he like he like, what what you want? What you want? What you want to do?
Speaker 4: Swirling the glass. I'm like, yo, I'm trying to have like a network in at two o'clock in the morning, a pack parking lot six feet away from the car. So I'm like, yo, you know what I'm saying, Like from the yok we do a podcast and Yo, this was the craziest shit in the world.
Speaker 3: So it's a.
Speaker 4: Letout and everybody's talking to girls, everybody's doing I don't know what I said, but apparently I said something that was a trigger word because there's about fifty different people that stopped what they were doing and started looking at me like one got here, one got here. It was like he had the secret service and they all scattered around. It wasn't like they was together, but I could feel that. It's like a movie like Scared they stopped playing music. Everybody's pointed at me.
Speaker 3: So I looked. He took the air piece off. He said.
Speaker 4: So, I'm like, I look back and we was I had six people with me. When I look back, I didn't see anybody.
Speaker 3: That's not.
Speaker 2: That is not.
Speaker 3: That try some point because we got to change the doctor. The truth is the shout the man man was there and I was there.
Speaker 4: Tuesday there was Tesdaye. I looked in the wrong corner, the corner because he he says something and he ain't respond.
Speaker 3: He ted told the glass and he said something again, and everybody started looking. Now I'm like a ship. This could get dangerous. And then he said, Chris Gotti christ So that that was so I'm gonna get to that point.
Speaker 2: So now.
Speaker 3: Chris Gotti is our middleman to the situation.
Speaker 2: So this.
Speaker 4: It's looking shaky, and I'm like, I'm like, this is financial literacy, Like I'm not about financial literacy, Like this is this is looking this isn't looking good, right, it's not looking good because he's swirling a glass of I don't know how he got his glass outside. He's He's still had the same glass swirling the glass of wine and there's people that's like looking like just waiting for a cute you know what I'm saying, get him. So okay, So now like I got to de escalate this situation quickly. So then that's why I'm like, Chris Gotti. Throw the first name, and he's like, oh yeah, oh Chris Gotti, Chris Guy. Yeah, okay, my man. So I'm like, yo, we do a podcast, but I'm still having I'm still having the conversations coming, like we do a podcast. We want to get you on the show. He's like, okay, we're gonna get that ship done. We're gonna get that ship done. Like okay, he turned around. He turned around and looks.
Speaker 3: At me and says, let's get the funk out of here. He said, let's let's get the I'm thinking, okay, yo, let's get the funk out of here now. And I'm like, yeah, okay, time ago.
Speaker 2: He agreed, agreed.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, let's literally, this doesn't look like a situation. We need to stay at this. It's time to go. Somebody got crazy.
Speaker 4: So the crazy thing is the whole day happens and the next day we leave. We got like a one o'clock we got like a one in the afternoon flight, and then I noticed that you got the interview though, no, so we didn't get the interview. I'm like, god, cool. But at five o'clock in the morning, I had a miscall from Chris Gotti. So I hit him back at like twelve, I'm yo, bro.
Speaker 3: So on the way to the airport, He's like yo, he was.
Speaker 4: He was ready to do the interview. He called me at five. He said some on the address. I said at five o'clock in the morning, He's like yeah, he was all. He's like, okay, look, I'm ready to do it. Have them come to the compound, because everybody kept talking about the compound.
Speaker 3: Apparently apparently he has a compound in Houston in the middle.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows, y'all. That's like a like it's like a fortress in the middle of Houston. I could imagine it. I don't know, but it was synonymous. So he's like, send him the address to the compound.
Speaker 3: I can avoid it. Go stret show.
Speaker 4: We never got to take Prince interview, but that's what I'm saying. And then his son told us to come to the ranch. No, that was That's what I said. Before the day before she was like, come to the ranch.
Speaker 3: We're thinking like, we're not thinking, oh, like that's what they call his crib, the ranch. He has a compound in the city. And then like, yeah, they ride horses out there. But then I'm thinking, like, ain't got an island. Let's not forget that. When I'm thinking the ranch, I'm like, yo, what they're doing in the ranch, I'm like, I'm not thinking, like that's where we're going. Then I'm like, I don't know why Silence of the Lambs came to mind Part two. When he got the ranch, I'm like, nah, I ain't going to the ranch. But we go on our way to the plane. When we realized that damn, he really just wanted like four am. He was trying to shoot that interview. And then we found out later like that's just part of like the process with him.
Speaker 4: I tell you, go tell me, I never saw somebody. I never saw somebody with that much power in real time. Because he didn't say anything. I said something that apparently soldiers was on point. They stopped, they were talking to girl. They they stopped. Everybody stopped, and he didn't have to call he had to say nothing. He have to whistle. He's looking at me swirling the wine glass, and there's people in every direction. They he didn't have to say anything. They was and it was at least fifty people. I personally had never before or after seen anything like that ever in my life. So what I was telling and this is what Chris gott he told me. Chris Gotty was like, yeah, I've been around prem I've been around you know. He said, nobody is as strong as j Prince on that type shit. He's like, nobody's as strong as.
Speaker 3: Him like that. I don't know. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: But that ship, it's not a myth. It's not like I saw it. I saw my own eyes. Yeah, so you chose po right, well, master.
Speaker 3: P shipout out the peak, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Jordan Lebron, Jordan Bron, greatest ever and now we got to drink because they witches.
Speaker 3: It's not even Jordan's not close. No, no, no, no, for me, it's not close. Right from Jordan from what he's want to the game of Bron is I think it's one A one B. I'm not saying like Lebron isn't the next best player. I just think what what He's meant to the game of basketball. I don't think can be ever replicated by anyone who Jordan's Yeah, just different and just from like a share determination. You watch Kobe become who he is because he was emulating somebody of that greatness. I think it's just Jordan, but Bron what he's done is phenomenal on the court. We'll never see it again. I think he's had the best career that we've ever seen. I think Jordan's the best basketball player to the John going going to the East Coast Nixon Foster Nick said five.
Speaker 2: Still, that's what I text Wallow and Gilly the kids. I swear to God, I do know that. I said, Nixie vib like, get the fuck out of here, NIAI. Wallow got to call me and cursed me out. I was like a got one ship.
Speaker 3: I'm like that was like whenever he says that, like repost him in that Jalen Brunt Jersey. Oh yeah, No, Wallow was out here loose. He was out here loose. My buddy did the same thing. He came to the to he was azzs. He had what you add on, Yeah, I'm san Antonio under his Knick shirt. So just in case, just in case, y'all y'all insurance and crazy. That's crazy. He put on both. Yeah, I can't loose cougie rap or slick Rick. Oh, actually, I'm gonna choose slicker. Real one g rapper is one of the illis rappers of all time. The event is a slick Rick. You remember when you have to order CDs out the magazine you could buy like ten for it was a Columbia Columbia. Yeah, my brother did that. We got up with those joints. We got The Adventures of slick Rick and that was it. Man. I think that was a five mic album and the so it's too like when they when they went back and revised. So just a slick Wrick. Damn sure it is in my life.
Speaker 4: That's as life one of my favorite songs of all time.
Speaker 3: Does he have a classic white Boy Johnny That's that's God in the hook. Yeah, it's incredible. But you know, you know they do these AI videos of like old hip hop story they fucking me up. Should be good. I see that videos. I'm thinking I'm in this ship. Like I'm like, they got an animated one, but they got one.
Speaker 10: Where they like making me and nas like I had to look like I had Like I was like, wait a minute, always did have to drink you all, remember yo, I know I'm talking about like really because because they got my haircut from that from that era, you know, I changed my shit up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was like one of them, and I was just like, holy shit, Okay, get ready, Yeah, let's do it. Thirty eight Special or styles p Let's have this. Can we have this conversation. Let's have this conversation?
Speaker 3: No, Like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: I think Okay, you guys hold an important role in hip hop. I told Mickey Fax this as well. They should have a hip hop council. I'm a fan of hip hop. You guys are figures inside of hip hop.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: We gotta have bylaws that we live by.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Okay, somebody in the G League can't just play one on one with Lebron and be taken serious by the fans. It's disrespectful to the work that Lebron James put in. I like thirty eight specially. I like his music, but nobody knows his music, so for him to even battle for him to even and people are actually saying well, no, it's hip hop.
Speaker 3: They should get in the ring. Oh yeah, you gotta battle that. How does Jadakiss battle somebody that we? Okay?
Speaker 4: If I put a gun to most people's heads and asks them name your favorite thirty eight Special song, they're gonna die.
Speaker 3: But no respect seriously speaks. But Jadakiss has thirty years of classic verses. E did ship with Big jay Nas.
Speaker 4: His freestyles is on iTunes, like you know what I'm saying, like the verses like he's battle tested. He don't went through the ship with State Property, Beanie seguel with jay Z like fifty bro.
Speaker 3: It's a certain you can't fight versus forget it? Yeah you can't. He certified?
Speaker 4: When did we even gets how did we get to this point? How did we get to this point in hip hop to say he's thirty eight Special? Because even styles? How can we even How is it comparable? What's the album has he has? What classic verse has he had that feature that he's referring to. I never even heard the song. We never heard the song. I never heard the song. No, it was never a conversation like we heard conversations of like who has a better verse on who runs this Town, jay Z or Kanye Who got a better verse on Brooklyn's finance? Jay Z are Big? Those were topics of this. Uh, it was never a topic of discussion. Who had a better verse, Benny the Butcher, Jada Kiss or him. I never heard anybody in life talk about this. It does hip hop with this service, That's what I'm trying to say. And I don't want to discredit the brother, because I'm sure he worked hard, he's independent, and I do think he can wrap. But if there's no bylaws, it lowers the value of hip hop. Like you know what I'm saying, Like you just can't come in and fucking just challenge Lebron James. And it gets taken seriously on Sports Center, like you know what I'm saying like that you can't just come in just say okay, I want to fight Terrence Cowford and you a Golden Glove fighter, And then ESPN is seriously having conversations about it, and fans is seriously taking the shit serious. It discredits like there's certain things that you have to do to fit to certain criterias to be able to battle or have conversations with certain people's that's not a conversation that should.
Speaker 3: Ever happen in life. Yeah, I don't know what record. So it's I mean for us that's born in New York City, raising West just for us anything now on four, we're going to support that one for right, that's our area of code. So like growing up and it's the lots. There's nothing you're going to tell us about the lots. It's like you're not going to tell us anything about X. Like we ride on with that. If it's married, we ride with that. When it was heavy D we ride with that. So like especially when it comes to kiss chic and styles, like those are the guys and they're still the guys. Like what they've done throughout their career since ninety five ninety six to now, what they've shown right still being relevant even you know from the podcast based making music, Yeah, the documentary documentary. We actually their documentary at a vestpest this year. Because the loyalty that they've shown each other, but the dedication that they've shown to the rap being their contribution. Like when we talk about like everything you just said, if I'm thinking about what has been your contribution, I can't name too many people that have the resume that they have, especially like people who are trying to make themselves the name and trying to have a career. I don't know what those other people's contribution has been. I know what that contribution has been, right, Like we've seen big on On. You'll see going back and forth with them, even to the point where he's dissing them and they realize, I'm like, yo, this dude's actually talking about us. Niggas talking for Chris some citizen and listen ship Jady Kiss.
Speaker 2: You know, they had to convince me that they were the biggest talk about that.
Speaker 3: We still where did they get like the information from.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess they justlter.
Speaker 4: But I will say that, yeah, Jadaykiss hometown hero for sure. But even if he wasn't a hometowl hero for us, I still I just I just think it's disrespectful, and especially the way that he went about it.
Speaker 3: Because he didn't he didn't give you a verse. You you calling him.
Speaker 4: Out of his name, and you disrespecting and doing all this shit, and you're making the videos and doing all this ship. It's like it's like Dylan Brooks that Dylan Brooks is whack. To me, Bro like you disrespected one of the greatest players of all time for clout Like you know what I'm saying, Like Dylan Brooks bro Like, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Course I don't like, but I don't like. I don't you have him a little bit because at least Deler Brooks is in the league. Yeah, but I don't like the way. I don't like it. I don't like when people disrespect legends and I don't appreciate that for no reason. And it's it's like, but you can't. Here's why. Here's why. I'm a competitor the other greatest. I'm gonna talk as much as I can to get into side of your head. But I'm in the league. When guys that are not in the league doing it, then that's different. But he's thirty eight specialist in the league. He's a rapper, but he's not in the same class as the Jakis, the G League, some league. He might be in someer league. But all I'm saying is this.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is this, There's no way we should have a comparison of thirty eight special in styles or Jadakiss. That's disrespectful to the cloth, the sacrifice of thirty years of pioneers if you really think about.
Speaker 3: It, and Joe, but even Joe, like disrespecting Joe. I'm like, yo, bro, what they don't even make sense. They really don't even make sense. I'm like, yo, you're talking about another guy thirty years plus, like you gotta flow Joe, Like that's ninety four, ninety five. They just it's still probably even more relevant than he was then. And I don't and I don't like that's something you can emulate. And I don't like how people just are so quick to be like, no, well Jady kiss he got a battle. It's rapped and he don't have to Yeah, you don't got a battle, You don't gotta's he's earned the right. Yeah he got level. He's like nahs.
Speaker 4: People say creative about knas all the time. Don't respond they niggas. They' not on NAS's level. Like I hate when I hate that part about our culture. We don't have no respect for Founding, all of us. We don't have no respect for Founding follows and his ageism. Shit, I don't like that either.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: They fifty years, oh you're forty, like we all are adults, Like you know what I'm saying, like, and the goal is to age exactly.
Speaker 3: That is the goal there actually doing something that you can replicate, right, because the further they go, the further you'll be able to go. We shouldn't be knocked. It's like I was watching Mav Carter and he was talking about he just had to go see the Rolling Stones perform, and he're like why he was like, Yo, think about this. They're eighty one years old and they're still on stage doing what they love. Right. So the further they go, the next band can still tour at fifty, at sixty, at seventy, potentially at eighty. If you start discrediting the guys that are actually creating new lanes and new revenues for you at fifty, what happens to you at forty five? Right, Like it does make sense. We grew up in the eighties, right. Kr Rest didn't get to have the career that like a jay Z has had, right because he had to put down the fourth filling steps to get to that point. We can't knock him. He didn't get to tour the world. I mean he's doing it now, but not at the same level. If he's still on the ship yeah, he doesn't like to fly. So now it's like like if Jay can perform at fifty five, then a boogie potentially perform at forty five or fifty. It should be endless.
Speaker 4: You want to do so much you out if Jennakiss is just like your fuck thirty expected, all right, it's a sport. Now you got to defend your manhood. But from my knowledge, it wasn't about no ship. He didn't give you a first Okay, you taking it this far?
Speaker 3: All right? Dre or Riza, doctor dre Rizza, doctor dre or the Risa. I think we're going to disagree here. Get up shot ready, Yeah, make it make sense though. All right, So I'm a huge Riser fan. I'm a huge reris Of fan. Like I said, just Blu tag was was everything down to, like obviously getting every album that they made, probably when they I remember when they had to w on the cover of the Source and like it was the Red and that was it was the first time there wasn't a person on the cover. It was just a symbol of how they were moving at that time. I don't think there'll have be another movement like that. The fact that he was able to make all that music and have all that music and lost some of the music and still have that impact was incredible. Obviously, Dre is a legend. Most people put him as the best producer at that time. I was probably a bigger Rizz fan up until I think when Life After Death when I started looking at the credit, so I'm like, yo, damn Rizzi produce on that, right, And then I looked at and then I looked at Twisted Dogs Fantasy. I'm like, damn Risid produce on that. I'm like, yo, this, so the under I've taken the underdog. Obviously we know Dre's career and the catalog he's had, but I'm gonna take Risid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean as far as a global person, doctor Dre. As far as what I was listening to impactful for me, it was it was Rizid Purple Tape. Specifically, Purple Tape changed everything for us and we was listening to it. It was a few albums, the infamous Purple Tape. It was written, that's like the Holy Trinity for me. So that Purple Tape. So you're picking Rizz, so we are for me personally. If I'm saying non objectively, the world of course is doctor Drek. Yeah, I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: Now I'm taking I'm taking Ris taking. Yeah. I mean Purple Tape was incredible, but even I mean you think about thirty six Chambers. That's a classic, right, Purple Tape classic. I love Liquids Swards like I thought, I thought that's what yeh, I thought that was when I thought that joint labels ridiculous and that was that was That song was like two years prior to Iron Man. I mean you're thinking about a guy that is like, he's making these songs, like I remember when he did the verses it was him verse. It was a classic verses too, was it premier? I think it was him verse permit it was it was rizz I think you about it was like before it became something else, and I was like, damn, rizk got a bunch. The man is another one that's just out of control, like in terms of catalog, but I'm like, yo, that catalog that had it slept on so track, yeah, called raizor Bumps. It was the Cols though, I think people sleep on to night cough Man. Yeah, all right, Scarface of ice Cube, Damn I go Scarface, I go Scarface. I'm probably leaning towards Scarface because I think The Fix is what I'm thinking catalogs. To Fix is one of my favorite albums, the first death jam album right Fix in Classic. Bought the CD and it came with Yeah, and I bought the vinyl and the vinyl came with the little dope bag inside of it. To Fix It was a mature album from artist that we watched grow from Ghetto Boys and my mom's paying tricks on me to The Fix. When you're hearing a man who's having reflection, who's talking about out that part of his life, but also talking about him finding God. The drum with faith on there is crazy. It's a great fix. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That remind me like a Donald's Goings book visualized everything that he said, Like you know when you read it Donald's Going Book, like you can see what he's saying.
Speaker 3: That that my block. I guess who's the Zach is on there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is Kelly Price on? Kelly Price on it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: I think she's on it. That that's that's one of them and Cube From a music standpoint, I loved him in n w A loved them America's most Wanted West Side Connection I kind of was like it was to me it was the injection was it was the predator, lethal injections. Those are all to me up to that point. And then it changed when when we did Westside Connection, which I was like, all right, cool, I'm rocking with the guys out that L A L A.
Speaker 4: C Luis got you. All right, big your Big l G gotta go with Biggie. But Big L is he's one of the dopest he was.
Speaker 3: He would have done.
Speaker 4: I had an argument with Mickey Facts who said that Big L essentially was overrated.
Speaker 2: I don't agree.
Speaker 3: He said that he didn't live up to He literally didn't live so four song. His argument was like, when now he's assigning to Colombia, L was there right before before true he was. So you think about the time span by the same person, Faith Faith Newman. So you think, like ninety three to ninety he passes in ninety nine, right, he's maurder in ninety nine, So that's a six years span. In that same six year Spanns puts out it was written in ematic. Big puts out ready to die and life after death. Ja even puts out reasonable doubt. So he's his thing was like, and that's time span where these guys are creating what ninety three to ninety nine. I understand he didn't live up to his potential. Understand what Yeah, and then we could agree to that.
Speaker 6: It doesn't mean it changes, but he could have been like ninety eight right in ninety eight in his ninety right.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying, like, in those two years, you could still this cemented classics in that catalog. When they're saying, like from ninety three ninety seven outside of maybe his thing was like five songs, does he have that classic body of work? And I don't even think it's about the songs.
Speaker 6: I think we focused on what Viggo was as a lyricist as oh, no, for sure, that's what he.
Speaker 3: Did on the underground, Like well.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, And then they're saying the rumor was he was gonna sign I think we even asked what that could have been?
Speaker 3: Been crazy? That was his state. That was his argument, right in all fairness, b I g is b ig No Yeah, yeah, MJ or Prince.
Speaker 4: I got Michael Jackson shout the prince though we stay in his villain yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know right, like yeah, let me tell you something. Wait, like wait a minute, I'm a married man. God, this it was bloody.
Speaker 3: I loved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, family oriented, My mom's there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going. I'm going m J. Michael Jackson's movie A great movie. Yeah great, I read that part. Yeah second I said it was a good movie. What going documentary? What Michael? I saw that when that was the movie? This is.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah I saw that. Okay, okay, Joe He's and everything. Now. Yeah, that actor is killing it. Man. He was in Disclosure Day. Yeah, yeah, he was in Walking Dead World forgot, he's killing it. That's actually nominated.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 3: I like that movie a lot. Domingo, Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 2: Story happened with me when Prell gave him beats and you never heard the story.
Speaker 3: You never heard story. The story is like he was like man, man.
Speaker 2: Said, man, Man, I don't know remember it was it was the manager at first, and then it was like basically like, yo, if Normy ain't rhyming on the beat, don't send me to beat.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson, Yeah, did you wrong on it? No? No, no, if I wouldn't want nor wouldn't why I want to beat?
Speaker 2: Like he wants he wants.
Speaker 3: Beats, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you give me the ship that that whatever, because like I'm up in the middle. I think I was in the strip club or somewhere.
Speaker 3: He was like, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's up about He's like, yo, man, Michael Jackson just told me. Like I was like, that was one of the best calls in my life. Dad and Biggie, Like when you see Biggie movie. You remember the Biggie movie and he was in l a and he makes those phone calls. Like I cried because I was one of those phone calls. He called me and he was split a verse Ma tilla and why And I was like, how did you get Instead of me being like happy, I was like, how did you get the record? Because I forgot bad Boy produced the record.
Speaker 3: My ricks before it came out. Yeah the first y'all, yeah this is gonna be yeah, this is going to be the remix.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, holy ship, and he was like, don't tell nobody. So I'm walking around with.
Speaker 3: Like possibly a big verse, the biggest dude, and I got to shut up. And then like two days later he is murdered. He got killed. You remember the verse? Hell no, like he kicked over the phone.
Speaker 2: Season remember this, Yeah, crazy, it was pretty diverses crazy.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: The big vers especially had it been crazy from and and to take the truth and this is real talk. I've never really like said this part. I could tell like he was competing with with with nas. He wanted to compete with nas. He was like together, yeah, so he was like, yo, he wanted to like why happened to be it? Because I believe it was out like on like like a lower level, like a stretched armstrong and like that. But he had the instrumental like we didn't drop no instrumental.
Speaker 11: Like he that and then he wanted to sign poone right. He played he he he he, he played you the first to here. But he laid down.
Speaker 3: No, he did not lay he just he was like, yo, gough the room and then he just was and I was just like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, don't tell nobody. And I'm sitting there like he didn't write down there. I'm sure you know everybody that was with me, even though he said was like like that was.
Speaker 3: But imagine big Ones. I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to imagine because I don't even picture his voice.
Speaker 2: Gotta that's the same person who made who shot you?
Speaker 3: Not my ricks? And why yeah?
Speaker 2: And why this same brothers as Carlos Bardway and that my ricks, the same people.
Speaker 4: Who may you know, you know what I gotta do. I'm gonna go to a I and be like, yo, put it, put it up, say imagine it, yeah, imagine to put it on that.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna use? Oh no, I gotta see what chat she saw? Right, they're right the round you ship rock might say, some wild ship all right, l A or Miami? Oh tough choice right now.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty six, Miami shot to l A, but l A kind of changed a little bit after COVID it changes.
Speaker 3: It seems like all those expensively live in Miami. It seems like it's way.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: We just created. Yeah, number umber one, so number one New York question from San Francisco number one. Before you answer your question, right, remember what question of this? Right? I sent that to y'all the other day. He explained the whole thing. Yeah you did, so, so what did he explain? Explained? He said, that's a clip of a guy.
Speaker 4: Because you know, the headline was New York takes Miami takes New York.
Speaker 3: It is more expensive. So they were saying, it's not a.
Speaker 4: Fair comparison because New York they they're using a wider spectrum. In Miami they're using a smaller spectrum. So it's like, technically the greater Miami if you do the greater Miami area versus New York's greater New York are all the birs rounding areas Long Island, Westchester that they're comparing. No, I think they was only comparing versus Miami. I think something like that where it was the smallest case size.
Speaker 3: So it was like, it's kind of a misleading study because it's not showing entirety. It's showing like New York City. That's what it was. It was showing New York City, just New York City.
Speaker 4: But you know, okay, Manhattan, it is super expensive, but you still got the bronx that brings the price down some parts of Queens even. Like so it's like, but if you had all the surrounding areas, But they didn't just do the city of Miami.
Speaker 3: They did the surrounding areas.
Speaker 4: They had like Fort Lauderdale, they had Boca. Yeah, so it wasn't it was the greater Miami region versus just New York City here.
Speaker 3: But isn't that the Boro versus the great Miami area. So if you took Westchester County, if you took Long Island, Long Island, Nasau County, that you added those things in, then it's going to be different. So that's what they were saying, is the home prices. If you take a place like Scarsdale, which is one of the wealthiest cities in terms of home value and definitely in New York but maybe in the country, that's going to change the way we look at New York City, right because those homes twenty thirty million dollar homes, you add that into the mix, that it changed the conversation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but I mean, of course, but long story show at Miami is still an expensive place, but it's not as expensive as New York when you look at it in totality. But Miami's cost of living has going up crazy. Just looking at apartments.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 4: Angela Ye told us she got an apartment and it already doubled where it's not built yet. It's like one of these new construction here in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even built yet and it's double trying to get down. So it's like new constructs. So are they comparing square footage like the price of square footage? Yeah, so, but Miami, you know they get you with the hoa fees out here a lot too crazy. I'm taking Miami too. I'm taking Miami over Miami's I always love Miami. My wife said, this is how happy, happy place. She like looking at the manatees. You got to live by the river White and Brooklyn. You see them joints in the morning, the rivers. Not almost lived by the river. That's what that's what the river. That's what I learned that dolphins getting.
Speaker 1: The river.
Speaker 2: I've seen dolphins running the whole shops on the ways.
Speaker 3: Better weather it gets cold in l A. Yeah, I forge about the better weather raised them out here.
Speaker 6: It raised the summer here is horrendous right now and it's more studying this morning.
Speaker 3: It was hard. It's human too, right. It's like because from both areas.
Speaker 6: I'm from l A originally moved to Miami, and I have family out there, so I know the weather both areas and actually like I like steady in la the weather.
Speaker 3: I like the l A. I like here in the cool night. Yeah, I hate humidity. Hurricanes, hurricanes I'll tell you what you got, hurricane over earth quakes.
Speaker 2: When it comes to business, I like l a a lot more Sure Miami, everybody's a scamma and nobody works.
Speaker 3: Everybody's That's why Young Miami made that record. Well right here, lie right here, they're right here, the regional record that turm global Thursday. This nigga worked for you, Pat Miami Saturday, that nigga got a Ferrari? What the fuck happened on Friday? Product? It was a good Miami.
Speaker 6: It's a very transient city, but it's also very global city, which I think is the positive side, you know, but it's it's a wild city.
Speaker 3: Miami is always above real estate or the stock market, the stock market, stock marks, stock market.
Speaker 6: Now, I have a question for the stock market for novice investors, right, Like people would think, okay, I'll invest right, But how do you equate that into your every day like pocket for yourself? Like you'd be like, okay, I'm investing it, but I never want to take the money out because I want to keep growing and if it dips, you definitely don't want to take it out.
Speaker 3: So how do you equate that into everyday normal spending value?
Speaker 4: Well, you can sell stock if you want to, right, but you don't want you don't want to. So here's what they're really rich people do and smart people do. They take loans from their portfolio. So, okay, you have ten million dollars in the stock market, right, But like you said, why would you sell that? Because even if you send.
Speaker 6: Ten million dollars in stock market, let's bring it down to the people that don't have ten mins. Let's freak it out to the guy who has five thousand dollars in the stock market.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I got, I got, I gotta give you that comparison, because no, but that's too crazy.
Speaker 3: Nobody but you. I gotta give you inspiration. I gotta give you inspiration. Okay, million average person doesn't have ten million.
Speaker 4: But the average person didn't have a yacht on the Hamafi coast when we was listening to Jay the average person, they have a ten million dollars chain, and we was listening to Baby the average person they have a phantom when we were seeing Knaves in Queensbridge with the Rose Royce.
Speaker 6: So let's take baby steps, please, because even what you're saying right now, even though you're inspiring, they're still like, I don't think I can get there yet.
Speaker 4: Good, I'm gonna all right, I'll get I'm gonna give you one side, He'll give you all the side.
Speaker 3: Let's bring it, let's let's take it. Let's let's do a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, you have a million dollars in the stock market right now, even at of ten percent a year, right, which isn't crazy. You're making one hundred thousand dollars a year right doing nothing, just having your money. So like you said, why would you want to take your money out when it's making a hundred thousand and it's going to keep compounding so that one hundred thousand's going to turn to one hundred and ten thousand to one hundred and twenty thousand to two hundred thousand over the court, Like it's just just leave the money in. But you need money, so you're kind of like in a catch twenty two now with wealthy people do with that, they'll take a loan on their portfolio. So now you could you could take a lot of credit. They'll give you a lot of credit, which is better than a regular loan. Yeah, it's actually it's actually not a long it's a lot of credit. So you take you take a lot of credit on your portfolio. You get approved within a week at opposed to like refinancing the house, which takes everything you do an application online. They'll give you like, let's say sixty percent of your portfolio available at an interest rate that's like three percent. So now they'll give you six hundred thousand dollars. So now you have six hundred thousand dollars at your disposal that you can take a lot of credit on. So if you need fifty thousands, take fifty thousand. You pay it back on a monthly basis. You don't sell no stocks, so your stocks are still growing. So now you're accessing it. But the best part about it is tax free, So now you're not paying no tax. If you sell stocks, you pay taxes on it on the capitol show term. So because the credit of the loan is a liability, exactly exactly, so that's what people say it then Richard, people will be like, all right, so now that thing is like damn, you got to pay it back. Well maybe maybe not, because it if you don't pay it back, then when you when you pass away, it gets inherited to your to your descendant to your your inheritance. So now your beneficiaries get the money, but the portfolio has grown, so even if they got to take a portion out, your money has made money.
Speaker 3: Or what you do is you get a life insurance.
Speaker 4: So now if you have a five hundred thousand dollars loan, you've got a million dollar life insurance policy. The life insurance is taxed for you also, so now you're using that money to wipe it off. And it's like it's like it never happened. You never took you never, you never touched the money. The money kept growing. You was able to access money from that and the best part about it was tax free.
Speaker 6: And I think we should tell people like the line of credit. The thing that I found positive aout line of credits is as you pay it off, you're opening up more.
Speaker 3: Exactly, you get.
Speaker 4: More so you can use that your portfolio goals you get you get more credit as well.
Speaker 3: Right, so in your portfolio piece, that's the number that you're getting the loan at. But again, the portfolio is going to rise, right if we're invested in the right companies that are going to grow that you think five to ten, twenty years what does that look like? Right? So I mean and it's non taxtable, which is the most important part for the person who's trying to start, right, I think the foundation is important, So like owning shares is important, right. If you don't own shares, you can't do that, right, So if you get five ten shares. The other part is like, after we've gotten some shares and we've created our foundation, we trade derivatives, right, And so derivatives, options markets, futures markets, commodities which we don't really do too much of, which is inside the futures market. So if I'm in a company like Nvidia, right, and I'm going to have ten shares, twenty shares, one hundred shares, then I'm going to go to the derivative side and try to figure out if I can make option calls right puts and calls right options, meaning that I'm making a predictive price point that's an expiration date on what it's going to get to. And this is the price which is the right price of where it's going to be at a certain time. And so why is that important in terms of your idea? Because that expires, right, So there's going to be a certain time that that's going to expire either I've made money on it, I can sell it, or it's going to expire worthless. Now hopefully you've done it. You obviously educate yourself in that space. But those that type of income is going to be maybe yearly or it's going to be maybe every two years. Why is that important? Because that, again is short term capital games is long term capital gains. You're going to have to pick capital gains on it. Right, If you do it for a year in a day, that's going to be long term. Anything under that is going to be short term. That's the difference between maybe thirty six percent and twenty percent. Right. So the person was saying, how do I can I build capital? Now I don't have a million dollars, I don't have ten thousand dollars. Let's start with shares, it's a company you believe in, then let's maybe look into derivatives. If I'm invested in the video and it's had one hundred and ninety five dollars, and I believe in this company, and I know that they're going to have three earnings reports, and I know that they have new technology, and they have different types of initiatives, and I can see that global expansion. So I think that company gets to two hundred and five dollars by July of next year or August of next year. Yeah, So I'll take out a contract on that, and as that company gets to that strike price, we're gonna make money on that. If it goes past it, we make even more. Right, but that's going to expire in a certain time. Now you can continue to do that. You can take the profit from that and say, hey, I'm just going to reinvest it. I might say, all right, got to two o five, Well let me give myself another two years, kind of get to two ten and when we just rint and repeat. Now you've generated income from a derivative and you kept your shares right, you still believe in it. Or you might take some of that income and say, I'm gona buy more shares so I have the foundation because I never have to sell the shares. Like you just said, I never have to sell them. They're going to continue to appreciate it. But I'm gonna do that in strong companies, and that can create income force in the intermedia. You mentioned in video.
Speaker 6: I want to shut out you guys and Ian that couldn't make it because of you guys Ian specifically he mentioned in video a lot years ago, and I went ahead and took that advice and invested in video and it's been very profitable.
Speaker 3: So shut out. When we came here today, we were like, look, we heard e f and said we're here to collect our reparations. No, but that's dope, Like that's information, right, Like most people have never even heard of the company. It's was a five trillion dollar company up until recently, but people don't know about it because it's not in your house.
Speaker 6: Well, if you if you're watching what's going on with Ai, yeah, when you hear you guys explained it, and I did the research after I didn't just blindly exactly.
Speaker 3: I looked.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh yeah, this is the future. This is what's running this whole thing, the chips and everything. Then I said okay, and then I actually invested in it and forgot about.
Speaker 3: It and went back. I said, oh shit, exactly. So I'm waiting for that moment for people because once they see that that money's made money, Oh, let me do that again. The problem is people say, all right, I watched that dude, Big three thousand dollars yesterday. I'm a day trader. I'm gonna buy it today and hopefully we'll make money by next week. And I'm like, nah, no, you gotta invest it, you gotta believe in it, and you just gotta let it, right, Like, we're gonna let that bubble. We're gonna let it. And then when you come back, you're like, oh shit. Once you've had that moment that you've seen your money make money and be like, why what else would I do but have my money make money, it becomes contagious, like, and that's what we got to get to people too. So the first part is I had this conversation the other day. I'm like, have you ever heard of a video? And they were like, no, I've never heard of it. I'm like, okay, all right, so we you have you've heard of Apple? Yeah, you have a phone. All right, Well let's start there. Let's look at it. This company. Now, this is a five trillion dollar company, right, And so most people it's easy for me to break down Apple because number one, if they're using the phone. Number two, they got the MacBook, they got the iPod, they got the You've already been a customer of this company, then they've never been an owner of it, and so that mindset shift changes everything. All right, let's see, we're almost done with these guys.
Speaker 4: Loyalty or respect, Oh, that's the that's that's the big one that you guys ask everybody and loyalty, all respect.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna take loyalty. I'll take loyalty. Yeah. I think respect. I mean I think that that waves right, and we're seeing it now with the ballets you talked about. I'm sure at some point these guys were highly respected. You looked at them as highly respected, and as you grow that kind of phase like, oh I can do what they do now matter fact, let me challenge them, and then all respect goes out the window. I think loyalty is something that if you have loyalty, if people and your around people are loyal, that stays.
Speaker 4: I'll take respect, because what you're speaking of the people that lost respect for a person if as long as you keep I don't I need loyalty from a few people in my life. I don't need loyalty from more than everybody, five people, probably maybe even less than that. I don't need loyalty from every single person that I know. I do need respect from every single person that I know.
Speaker 3: I got to count it to that. So if you respect me, we can have a great relationship. You don't got to be loyal to me, like you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't even you got I'm not expecting you to be loyalty. Like if I don't like somebody, loyalty would be like you don't like them either, But no, I don't. I wouldn't feel no way if I saw you with some person that I didn't like, Because you know what I'm saying, that thought our relationship. But we respect each other.
Speaker 4: So if somebody speaking bad about me, you would be like, yo, nah, you know, let's not do it in front of me, or you let me know, or you just kind of corrected.
Speaker 3: That's respect. So I'm big on respect.
Speaker 4: I think that respect for me is higher on the total pole for most people than loyalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say even in terms of business, like loyalty plays a bigger part like look at your phone, right, look his phone, my phone, probably yours yours. That's not a respect factor. You're loyal to them. Oh you do respect apple to but you respect Samsung. You appreciate what they do, but your loyalties to that brand or you would have chose Samsung five years ago, you would have chose it last year, you would have chosen ten years ago. But you're loyal to Apple. Would you call that loyalty though, or just you're familiar with this brand and that's what they bank it on. It's not even familiarity because it's been at one point. At one point, at one point you would next, hell was a phone?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Or like when they had the Scott Pages that was that was anything? Right? But they're banking on that loyal to every year because that's the carrier. But here's the thing, that phone has been the same for the past seven years and you never left, right. But I don't know if I already quit that with loyalty, it's brand loyalty, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I think familiarity is like you're just familiar with the device, you know how to use it, you don't want to switch it.
Speaker 3: You might even know that why better why you're just familiar with it.
Speaker 6: But that's what I don't know if that's loyalty, I wouldn't consider that loyalty.
Speaker 3: See why you ll because real brand. Look to the point where at one point we were like, look if I get a green text, they're not with us. I said that before you know why you're right.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you why you're right because my son, my son was came into my office and he's like and I never talked to him about devices or nothing.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a device himself. We Apple, what it got you?
Speaker 6: He's like Apple, Apple, He points, he points that the computer everywhere in your house.
Speaker 3: And I'm like you, Yet, you could have chose another computer. You could have chose another headphone company. You could have chose another of violence. It's called the tablet. But we know you got to iPad. You could have chose another tablet, but you didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm saying as a okay, as a counter argument, when you said you talked about these countries that you went to Satia Arabia, you can't smoke in Singapore. You can't smoke. And you know, loyalty is I'm holding a flag, I pledge allegiance. I have a deep reverence for this country. Respect is I respect the laws of the land. You don't got to be loyal to a country to respect the lawyers of the land. When you go places, how do you establish law in order to respect? So the countries, they don't need you to be loyal to the country, but not being respectful is not optional.
Speaker 3: Loyalt loyalty is a choice. Respect is not negotiable, right.
Speaker 6: Because loyalty doesn't have to even be evident. But awkwardly, arrest of my case, how many countries are there? Every country?
Speaker 3: America? America loyalty respect? You think people coming That's why people are getting locked up and doing all types of getting harassed for not standing up during you just said, like I can go on any media right now and talk about the President United States, but that's part of the American bylaws. That's what I'm saying. They does not respect anymore. Hold on the finish, it's not respect anymore. And I can say that about the Vice President. I can say that about the Secretary of War. I don't have to respect them because that's my freedom of speech. There are some companies that's not you don't have to write. But go back to the World Cup. What do you see loyalty to their country? It's different. We can't we can't fathom it because we look at it differently. We have the freedom to say, like, yeah, I ain't fucking with that, and I don't have to funk with that. Fucking up right now, I'm blurring up the line respect.
Speaker 4: That's not a disrespect because America was founded on free speech. So what I'm saying is the respect is the by laws of the country. What are the Republicans saying. If you want to come here, you got to do it this way. You got to respect the country. You gotta speak English. This is a thing, this freedom of speech thing is not disrespectful in America because it's part of the American fabric. But there are some things that are disrespectful in America, right that you can do it that you can't do America, that you could do all other places. But I wouldn't necessarily say talking bad about a politician is disrespectful because it's in the bylaws of the country that you can talk bad about the country.
Speaker 3: It's like when you come to my house, take your shoes off.
Speaker 4: If you purposely know that I have a rule to take my shoes, your shoes off and you wear your boots in my house, that's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: But when you go to somebody else's house. They don't have that rule.
Speaker 4: So me wearing shoes in their house is not disrespectful because to them, that's not their rule. But they might have a set standard. Take your hat off. Now if I wear my hat, that's disrespectful. So every when you go to somebody's house, we all have rules. And the respect in one person's house is different from the respect and different person's house. But the common denominated is every house has some level of normalized respect that people follow.
Speaker 3: I think I think England would be the idea of what loyalty looks like when England fucked up loyalty. This is what I'm saying. I'm not saying it's good. I'm not saying Brexit no, no, no, in terms of I'm not saying it's a good thing. But like if you go, especially like growing up in like sixties seventies, like people honor the Queen of England. This is a Jamaican background coming out right, this is true. But go to Canada, same thing, right, they're loyal to that that it ain't even about respect. You know, we were loyal to the kingdom.
Speaker 6: What do they call that with the queen in every country? What do they call that the way that they they're a part of the Kingdom. What do they call it again, the common Wealth? Common They are the Commonwealth and they're going to be long to.
Speaker 4: That's that's crazy to me. I know that the Commonwealth is still hold brot.
Speaker 3: It's not. One of one of my mom's greatest moments is when the Queen of England flew into Jamaica and she was waiting there as a child at the airport to watch the plane land. She'll tell you that and I'm like, yo, just why for the plane in the land. Well, I mean it's the Commonwealth, so she's the queen, right, So like they're like, oh my gosh, they had all the kids that said the Queen of England is. I know they had dominance, but I didn't realize that that was a colony of talenty.
Speaker 4: Wow, Australia, I mean even places, even when you go to Canada, they got and Canada got the French.
Speaker 3: Side and the English and which is yeah, and they don't like each other. They Canadian. That's what these conversations.
Speaker 4: Look at their money, they still have the Queen of England's face on their money.
Speaker 3: Well it's the king now they print dollars. They have the Royal family England, Royal family face on their money. So Charles on the on the on the currency now and then Prince well he'll be King William will be on the face of the money. But the homie that was messing with the black girl, they got him.
Speaker 2: Out of there.
Speaker 3: He's not even thinking ruling car Damn. You know no more used to be a just Los stripes. Harry break yeah said he married him.
Speaker 12: Man, Yeah, I know, trust me, we know Sonny got Sonny got a pitch. So let's get cool, let's get it. Let's hold relax. You're getting ahead of yourself before.
Speaker 2: We get to that.
Speaker 3: Our shows about giving people they flowers. They to us what the appreciate You get flowers the first time? Right now?
Speaker 2: That one, not that one.
Speaker 3: You give it to that Yeah, get his flowers? Oh wow that yeah? Yeah, yeah, I got this in the crib right now. This is fine, Thank you too. Tom. This is a two time until he now he gotta gotta make it to the next one. That's what you were saying about. Got the suitcase from the yalla.
Speaker 6: As you run out, I'm like listen, So last time Sonny gave a pitch. It was damon right, Yeah, he did this we called the drunk tank. It's different and it didn't go well, right, And I hope he came more serious with his pitch. We want to see that his business idea makes sense to y'all. So go ahead, Sonny, let's.
Speaker 3: Get it to the microphone.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he already went in with the shirt. Everything is business, everything's passed. When somebody gets a it will be you. Actually, you know, you're kind of like your own business whatever, because you know.
Speaker 3: Whether you make fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: A year working for somebody, your business makes fifty thousand dollars, it's the same ship, right, my differences in taxes.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this for a lot of people. By the way, just saying you're doing work for a lot of people. Where I'm going with this pitch. You're representing a lot of people.
Speaker 5: But I don't have around aspire on to be happy with people, right, because only fifteen percent of the population in America have a business, So what about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's true like six percent. Yeah that knowes he knows only.
Speaker 2: Six percent of man and blow up.
Speaker 5: You know it's my numbers. What I'm saying, if eighty five percent of people are working, why don't people who work?
Speaker 3: And I know a lot of it has to do with discipline. Why fits right? You just feeling I haven't You guys don't know my point? Listen to my friend.
Speaker 5: That's about what I got.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you going to pitch your business? Are you going to ask question? I am not going to put your business? The point, bro, that's one of that. But the start, the start is great. That that idea, that mindset where I'm going with you. You know what I'm saying, since I started, these are my friends. They gotta big pres ship. He's righting his mentality in his mindset. I was teaching for fourteen years. I was working you guys eight thirty eight o'clock to like three thirty most days. Right. So the idea of like being an employer is important, right, But the idea of looking at it like the school district at that time was my investor, right, investor in you. They invested in me, and they got return on their investment. They pay me for that service, but they got return on the investment. I always say, like, how I was respected inside of that school community, How I was received by the children. Right, the rapport that I built with my colleagues inside that space, there's a return on the investment. Right, I'm pouring back into that community. What I do with that investor's money, well, that would be up to me, right, Obviously if I make more, If I do more, I get paid more. In that system. Most people think, I'm just getting paid for my job and I'm going to pay my bills with that and I'm going to live my life. And I'm looking at it from a standpoint. Okay, they're going to invest money, and me, what am I going to do with this money? Obviously I have to live somewhere, or obviously I have to invest. Maybe I can start a business. I got good friends who are doing things in that space that entrepreneurs is. That's something I can pursue. But most people don't think like that. So I like where you started with the mindset piece because that's the most important part. It was all point from the shirt man.
Speaker 5: But why is it that the average millionaire in America's at the average age is in the sixties. Everyone wants it in their twenties, and people don't think they could work and be able to invest their way twenty five years, thirty years down the line and have the seven figure portfolio via investing every time.
Speaker 3: They get paid, which is not much.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's very minimal to invest if you're in your twenties and then the thirty in your thirties.
Speaker 3: It goes up a little bit in your forties.
Speaker 5: That's kind of like the time between you know, twenty five years forty fifty years old against real deep because now you have to invest a lot monthly time. Why don't people do the long game? Because people really don't think they could get rich from work in a job. And I don't know why people think that when all you have to do is have the discipline and take advantage of a four to one and do the employer match. Give even more if you have to keep your bills low, forget Louis Vaton by Nike. You know, play your position, and the younger the younger you start, the less you have to invest the month. I don't know why people don't think like that when eighty five percent of the country works for someone else.
Speaker 3: It's a good point, man. You you said everything right there, But I can't answer his own question. No, I know what I'm talking you know, because why don't we don't talk business with the guys. A lot of people talk to them about business people started businesses.
Speaker 5: They want to know this, but we forget about the eighty five percent when I want the eighty five percent.
Speaker 3: To be inspired to know that this is the lake round. You can start working.
Speaker 5: You don't even have to make that much money to the average millionaire in America never made one hundred grand gold on.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling y'all stuff.
Speaker 5: The average millionaire, the majority of millionaires in America never made one hundred grand in their life.
Speaker 4: And then now you put up a lot of good points, you did a lot of great research. I think it's the lay gratification. Nobody everybody wants to get rich quick or get rich in a moment. They don't want to wait thirty years, but they gonna wait thirty years to be broke anyway. So if you're gonna wait thirty years and still be broke, you might for wait thirty years and be rich if you think about it, right, Because the only thing of waiting, the only thing worse than waiting thirty years to get rich is spending thirty years and still being broke.
Speaker 3: So the only the only thing worse than because that's what you hit that all the time.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me I gotta wait thirty years to get it like millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: You buther, you out your fucking mind.
Speaker 4: The only thing worse than waiting thirty years to get rich is spending thirty years being broke, right Like when Big said being broken thirty give a niggata chills? Okay, how you think it feels being broken seventy working at Walmart because you have to.
Speaker 6: I think, really most of it has been lack of education. I think, like for example, and there's also I come from the era of predatory lending. Yeah, I had no money coming in and I had credit cards, but actually, to be honest with you, I leveraged those credit cards to start building my business. But I found myself in debt and I had issues.
Speaker 3: Down the line.
Speaker 6: I was able to finally fix them down the line, but that caused me a problem other people might be.
Speaker 3: A problem that can never come back from. So I think it's education.
Speaker 6: There's issues like predatory lending or other things that could happen like that that stop people from from.
Speaker 3: All those things play play a role. It's the mindset, right it's the immediate gratification. It's gotten worse because now we're seeing more, right, Like I didn't know how somebody in Miami was living on a daily basis. Now I can't run from it. It's on my phone every day, and so people are chasing that. Like we come from environments, but we haven't had for so long that we want it fast. But like fast money don't last long, right, we know that, Right, You're always gonna have to chase it. And so we got to get to that mindset where it's like, Okay, can I hold something for five years? People only have relationships out of five years, I think they're gonna have money that's going to be in an account for five years. Right, we want things now, we want it, But that's not how wealth works. Like I don't even want people to get rich, I want them to be wealthy, Like that's right for the rich, just get wealthy. Who else gonna fee?
Speaker 2: Wee?
Speaker 3: Like, we got to get to that point, and the only way to do that is to have time on your side. It's the most valuable asset that we can have because we've seen and you brought out those stats where historically the market has given us thirteen percent and each year. But we grew up in especially me, we was like, yo, put your money in a Savers account and that Savi's account going that you points zero three percent and you made nothing on it. But that's what we're taught. That's lack of education. The mindset, the education, those go hand in hand. And then you got to figure out all the factors that are contributing to us not learning right. And it's just to be fair, I mean to I'm saying lack of financial education. Fincial think about what what has entertained us and pretty much taught us right. It was music, it was sports, it was movies. We didn't get these lessons from people that look like us, and so now in this day, and that's why I like, now, I'm like, there is no excuse, right, there's education everywhere. Now who you're getting it from, yeah, you should vet that out, but there's education has really available that you should be taking advantage of. Because there was an error where there wasn't that and we just have to learn on our own, and sometimes it crippled us. We never were able to come back. Sometimes it worked out in that benefit. A lot of times it didn't most people are just trying to how can i's about today?
Speaker 4: Right, And that's and that's what invest FST is for invest Fest August seventh through Knife in Atlanta. That's August seven through the Knife, so soon this week, yeah, this week, Yeah, for sure, that's the institution because we it's one thing to learn things virtually, it's another thing to actually have a set community. So school is a reason why schools will never die because you need that communal feel. You need to be around other people, you need to see be motivated inspired learn like in person events, in person learning, in person education, it's still unparallel. Even though virtual education is great, we do both. But you know's that was the whole idea why we created invest Fest is to actually create something that's never been done before. Because we've seen music festival at the highest level, We've seen you know, fashion, we've seen so many different things about culture, but we've never really seen a business event that every year, people come from really all over the world at this point migrate to the city of Atlanta and for three days they only talking about stocks, crypto, real estate, How can you how can we get better? How can we improve my credit? You're doing the deal, let's work. Let's let's figure out how we could do something people. That's the number one thing people say is like, my friends are not on what I'm on, or my city is limiting. This is that's you need to change your environment. You need to change your social circle. It's hard to make new friends as an adult. That's why you got to step outside your comfort zone. Get an environment. So that's when we put together that work, that that ecosystem in the in person experience of invest Fest, and it's just grown every single year.
Speaker 3: So that's why. But that's why because I like, you know, they're not going to listen to the lead, not the people.
Speaker 5: Yet everyone in the business, every single one of my friends there has a business.
Speaker 3: That's not true. I mean, you're you're being very kind of that's okay, we have for ten businesses, let's go.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is back to the working person. If you're twenty years old, and I want people to understand and believe this.
Speaker 3: Is like in twenty year olds. Man, let's get back to that's my chops all the time. I don't even that's what you know? Man, you got right? You know, stay and I'm with these guys, And I'm with these guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're twenty years old, how much would you have to invest for the thirty years to become seven figures?
Speaker 3: Were don't do that? I know the numbers. What's the numbers? You tell us, No, it's not it's less than five hundred bucks a month. Yeah, I would have said seven figures the time you sixty five thinking, you said, you know, thirty years, thirty, thirty, twenty, forty years, fifty, will you be a millionaire at five hundred dollars a month? Probably?
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, yeah, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know ten percent of Yeah?
Speaker 2: How that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're putting five hundred away in your bank. You said investment, let's see become invest The S and P on average over the past hundred years is need thirteen percent. So you figure and you're doing that monthly, right, so there might be months you got mon months. There might be months where it's close to nineteen percent, right on average, So you figure you do that one hundred and seventy nine. So if you do that on an average, yeah, I mean you could be closes. The problem is that over that thirty years, inflation is still a factor, right, So it's just good that's why the percentage, right, So, like the million dollars is not the same value in thirty years, it's more than we have. You're gonna be better than you have.
Speaker 4: You so in thirty and thirty years, if you put away five hundred dollars and it earns ten percent a year, in thirty years, you have one point one.
Speaker 3: One point one three actually, to be exact, one point one point three million dollars.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's so the interest return on that is nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So what you mean you made that's all interest, so you're pretty much all of the money. Also, money is about what you put in, yeah, for that type of return, what that return is.
Speaker 5: And then there's a there's an amount at thirty years old which will be less than.
Speaker 3: What you're gating on that, like.
Speaker 4: Under now one hundred and fifty thousand, So you would your principle, Your principle is one hundred and eighty thousand mills.
Speaker 3: That's how much money. So thirty years you put in one hundred and eighty thousand and you made nine hundred and fifty thousands. Feels like it breaks well, I mean five hundred five hundred is actually a lot for the average person a month. A month, that's not well to two hundred. Whatever you can do two fifty you can do is positive, right, But we're gonna spend a hundred. We're gonna spend two hundred fifty thouars on the most ridiculous nonsense every month. We don't do it. It's just a choice. They don't think they have. But you know what it is.
Speaker 5: It's the Yolo mentality, like you might die tomorrow, so let me live it up right, right, But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Then you get stuck being alive at fifty something, you're like, oh fuck, yo, happened Now you're still right and you got and you got no money? Yeah, people living longer, right, So the fifty year olds looking at it, like, damn do I have fifty fifties? The new thirty?
Speaker 4: If you ain't think about it, man, I'm fifty one and I'm happy exactly.
Speaker 3: Like then as you get older, you stay making more. Yeah, so so like, no, right, you don't have to do a five hundred. He's made more you could make. You can put dollars. You shortened the time because you double the money. They could put a fact. You know what I'm saying. You put a thousand dollars. Now you don't wait thirty years. Now that fifty you got it at sixty five. Now it's play to make it something. I'm like, not, you know what I'm saying. Thirty But that's what I did. I said, let me speed up what I didn't do before me.
Speaker 5: I got to go in now and now you're and now you have muscle to now say you know what, Now it's time to start a business because I got some capital. Everyone wants to start a business now because they see everyone got a business. Why don't you get you some money for business? What you say, I'm just curious money, because you know what, my business will be called shacking up.
Speaker 3: Ship break this down. Shacking up would.
Speaker 5: Be like a business where I'm trying to get young people.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you're in your if you're you're not gonna laugh business. My friends. You could be If you're in your twenties, then I'm gonna keep twenty one.
Speaker 5: And if you're in your thirties, I'm gonna keep your people in your and I'm gonna show.
Speaker 3: Them it's hot up. This is shacking up right, shacking up. This is the direction the country is going. The country shacking up. You know, open up a site.
Speaker 5: App and then they all they hit me and then I get you all to become roommates.
Speaker 3: You and you respond.
Speaker 5: Everybody listen, so you to the website with shot there and I'm gonna put people together in local areas. I'm going to help them live together because so they can save money.
Speaker 3: It's like Airbnb now now but they living together. So this is more like he's trying to combat the housing crisis because affordability is out of it's right. But this, sorry, it's crazy. You can't even get a couple of words.
Speaker 5: And they.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Bunks is crazy because they got to save money for their fut But that's you saving the money because you're finding a bunk bed. No, you gotta get them at least they're paying. Come with a lot of them from the service. It's crazy. They got hot house and questions before the room the roommate.
Speaker 5: The roommate they're saying, is I'm putting people together, shocking up, background check on them, real talk.
Speaker 3: You would have to do back like you have to do a profile, so you take in commonalities and all that men and women.
Speaker 5: You're putting them together real world so that they could save money for me. They're saving money where they live. You could put a bunk better in this room. Two bedrooms, four people. It's called New York City.
Speaker 3: That's a fashion. They got those pods. Positive bedroom, four people. How do you how you gonna make money? Though? How do you make money? Take a commission?
Speaker 5: They're coming to me for the service, and I'm propratuker. It's like a person putting two people together to date. They make the money.
Speaker 3: Shack what shocking?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: It's actually honestly, it's a good idea because affordability is so high that people have to live with roommates. But people who want to live with just a random motherfucker. If I have the mimistry, if you know it's.
Speaker 3: Actually connection, you have to question. You got to say, like what religion are you?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: You eat me? Do you do? It's just like it's like we got to clean it up. We got to clean it up, but we got to clean it up. But I'm just trying to get this thing. Might I might changing this? It's good, it's a good I like shocking up, shaking shocking up is good marketing one. Yeah, I like you get shocked in a fool you talking about shock the commercials. Remember the name is clever, right and we got to now. I like it. I like it. I like the whole point is like you were going because you understood where I was going. We got you.
Speaker 5: It's for people to one save money. But it's web because then maybe there's a dating.
Speaker 2: That's a reality show.
Speaker 3: It's the reality show the Urban edition.
Speaker 7: No, this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow wow the little shocked after just shocked up after. This is not the real that the premium the premium package. This is like the streaming. You know, yo, we got back crab chicks. But you might love you might. You know it can go and by floor you can if you don't follow like your first floor, you go up to the top. Yeah you know. Listen, I'm saying fun with it. You have to die with it. Think it's I try to give them into that blong. You have no so you don't got none that you know that the best mom English program. So I got one. I got one right, you can stay here, bron shack up with us real quick.
Speaker 2: When I first started, like, like you know, people like for me to our and things like that, and I you know, I wasn't really into that, right, But what I did get into was watch this, right. So I was fortunate enough to like nice walk have thank you yeah too? Yeah yeah to sunny too.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't like mine? Not really really. I'm a loyal customer, yea loyal people, but so many people, right, So when I when I first there's no flaws. But when I first started getting into it, I didn't want to I didn't want to lose money, right, like.
Speaker 2: Because you do sometimes you can buy something that depreciates, that goes down, and so I would call a whole, I would call Warburg and I would call Kevin Harklass. I said, I'm not trying to flow, but I'm just saying what you want to be live, and we're saying you gotta do it. That's your truth, man, Mister Lee fucking has to sound like I was spending a certain amount checking up.
Speaker 3: But then what happened. So what happens is you're starting to get that and then I get lucky. I get lucky, right, meaning like I'll spend.
Speaker 2: Something like this amount on this and then this ship will go on and then like without knowing without knowing, you recommend people like because it was one wise that I bought right, I swear to guard it was seventy nine, and that shit is two sixty nine right now, So fbjong.
Speaker 3: I do that in the back of my safe, I mean in the back like like like this is just like do you recommend people like like the same way art?
Speaker 2: Right, you could buy art from somebody, maybe it's ten grand.
Speaker 3: The artist dies and shit, I'm sorry, what bro it happens?
Speaker 2: And then this fucking artist worker fucking a million, two million, ten million dollars? Do you recommend like people to invest in watches?
Speaker 3: Both of y'all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the watch thing is interesting. I kind of fell off the whole watch thing. I was heaving the watches for a little bit. I got turned off because I just don't like the elitism of it. Like I went to AP, I got I got a AP in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I tried. I had to wait a year to get it, and then they invite there.
Speaker 4: The first watch was cool watch that I wanted, but they I wanted another one. So I had a meeting with the AP store in New York City and I had to make enough appointment. Man, and you know, they talked to me for like an hour and a half and showed me the things and did the whole thing. I'm like, okay, like you know, we're gonna put you at the top priority and then you you know, just I'm just like, yo, send me the watch man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, buy it. I'm over it.
Speaker 2: I'm over it, just just from that little thing. Person once you would one a p you should stick with them.
Speaker 3: But I did that. But I did that, okay, so like you got to wait it out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I learned how to drink coffee.
Speaker 2: From just going there and just hang it on because I was always told.
Speaker 4: I was always tolt and I don't and I don't disrespect any jewelers, but I don't trust jewelers.
Speaker 3: I don't trust jewelers. Damn, my bad, my bad. So so they was like, you always get all I said. I was raised. I always get authorized, deal me to roll leg store, you know, ship like that. So I'm a go. But like I said, I don't want to have to buy a bullshit watch.
Speaker 4: Wait eight months doing that, Get on the waiting list, go to this, go to the private event, talk to the manager, stay in contact.
Speaker 3: That's too much. Yeah, it's too much. Man, I'm going to wait list. It's two years too much. I'm not interested, but you might. You gotta be into that's you're into the culture into it, man, I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to eat up at that party talking about Yeah, I want to eat up Dirs, Little Cavio Crackers.
Speaker 3: I'm into that. I'm into that. I want to. I think it's the education in that as well, right, because like you, like you said, like you might go to the dealer and they might sell you, Hey, you got to get this one of those to get that one, right, so now you buy that one six months later, you know the rule you can't vibe within six months. And if you go to another dealer then they find out that to each his own, man, yeah, yeah, but the process is like, didn't do that with me picking the right watch, right, like finding the watches that appreciate over time, of the ones that have like specifications that others don't, which makes it rare, which is going to increase the value.
Speaker 2: See, that's the reason why when people ask me, right, like when I was asking Whole and I was asking Mark and I was asking keV, I.
Speaker 3: Was pretty much asking like should I get this.
Speaker 2: Right, But people come to me, they don't ask me that, like why you They asked me, yo, is this a good investment?
Speaker 3: And I'm sitting back like that's just hard to tell.
Speaker 2: You get like, I don't think you should buy a watch as anybody says the art.
Speaker 4: Like by art that you like, because honestly my personal opinion, I'm not the biggest watch expert by any means, but I feel like that is hype. Richie Milly. I feel like Richie Milly just got popular. I don't think it got to the point that it got to because of the movement and like I think motherfuckers start talking about it, it became popular and supplying the man they just played that game.
Speaker 2: But it is there is really watched enthusiasts and really will argue horology like like like listen, I went to Watches and Wonders.
Speaker 3: I felt stupid, like I thought I knew about.
Speaker 2: Watches because I had the complications and I had that when you sit down with people like like you know, we went out there with washing roon across the team.
Speaker 7: They flew us out so right, that sounds expensive, so they again, but they they they showed us the most complicated watch in the world.
Speaker 2: Right, So when I sat there, I thought I knew that. What is it called horology the study of.
Speaker 3: Something like that? So I thought I knew that, right. But when they start.
Speaker 2: Breaking it down, like the most complicated watch in.
Speaker 6: The world did not only that, but like like uh, like they're showing you the mechanics, the mechanics of the watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when you when it actually breaks down like so, so then they bring me to another room.
Speaker 3: I gotta put it on like a hazmats suits. Yeah, I gotta put on one of those.
Speaker 2: So once a year they picked one of their clients or like their store owners. So I'm able to bunch of store owners like and my homies, and I was the coolest dude there. So they picked one person to like to like design to watch. Obviously they picked me because I'm you know, that's what even even like to when you like sit and you know, this is an old school company, so even like to like like like.
Speaker 3: Like like like to like play around.
Speaker 2: Obviously they're making I'm making a watch in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: But it's like even a place like these movements, these.
Speaker 2: Ships, and so I know what you're saying with the hype and I really understand that, but like and this is, this is, this is, this is how I got my Richard Mill. If you're interested, I called for around, I called for a real right and I said, I said you're interested.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I said for reund.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't ask for much me and we we had history, we have sure history, sure, but so I don't know if he's thinking about to ask him for a beat. And I'm like, listen, I just want I want to rich it Bill, but I wanted from rich Hard. He's like, all right, cool. Three days past they don't call me, and then like the fourth day for calls me. He goes, all right, cool, he said, you know they wanted to do like the main guy, to take care of you like some boom. So anyway, let me bring you up my point. When I walked through the this was a Richard Many factory. I can't say where was at going through it. They maybe taking the ship down and there they may be taking ship down there. First he told me the film and then I filmed and I put it up that's a hit world started. He was like wait a minute, no, no, no, So anyway, so when I went to see this ship. The guy was fixing this other guy's richard. He knew at the time that the ship got bumped, Like he knew exactly that. I guess the dude was drunk or something and he fucked up his richard.
Speaker 3: He must have hit the ship.
Speaker 2: He knew at the exact moment, like like, so that's when I started to realize, Oh, this is these complications.
Speaker 3: Ships are real, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I'm not trying to convince you that, but so so again it's true, like don't don't invest in that by what you want and if you happen to do it, because.
Speaker 3: All of them don't go off sometimes education but when I got my AP that year, AP's.
Speaker 4: Went down, so even Rolexes. Rolex has been down since COVID. So it's a lot but the time, but you educated us a lot, and even I want to say this too before before we wrap, because you know this show is about giving your guest their flowers. I want to give you guys your flowers because not only are you pioneers in the space of podcasts and content to your.
Speaker 3: And you and you and you've been very consistent and you have a broad range.
Speaker 4: Of people that you bring on right from politics to people like us to musicians, and it's helpful. Your platform is very influential. Last time was on here to this day, people still here us like y'all, I see y'all, drain chance whatever. So I think that you actually paved the way for this new generation of podcasts that we're seeing, especially the hip hop space where you you you you've given people a second chance in life.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, because before it was like damn, I got to still try to write a song. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to write a song forty nine years old. I don't want to be in I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like you've actually you want to write a song for the check. You want to write exactly another exactly so you have to do it.
Speaker 4: You actually are very influential, and sometimes in life our impact will never be known you You yourself don't even know all the people that you've impacted that started the show and changed their life because they watched you.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: So I want to give you, guys your flowers, and I want to thank you for having us on your platform twice, yes, because.
Speaker 2: You don't take me for playing and I want to thank y'all man, because you know what, teaching financial literacy literacy, it's not easy because it's like it's really necessary. It's really like it's really like a person that has to go to the gym, right and you know you could you can go and get you know, your your your blood work and they'll tell you like it's six months. You'll be like in a tip top of shape ever, but you don't see it that first week. So that first week is like you know, like like with result, I said, like, has somebody came to me and been like you know what I mean? Like when I first got my first check, my first check, I'm sure I went and got.
Speaker 3: Jewey No, I was like I'm sure, Like I can't remember, but I know it. I know you know what I mean, like like no one no, hell no, hell nod. But like like like like like.
Speaker 2: No one said to me, yo, listen, okay, you can do that, but Dreury, don't go up.
Speaker 3: Jewey is just going to stay on even if that's like they're actually charging you for the for the craft.
Speaker 2: Picture of doing it, like you know this the lego piece like she's off of him doing that could because it was yours. And that's another thing that we can go into later on in life. Yeah, but because we do things, we appreciate the values. Yeah, but your but no one has told me, man bro go put that ship in real estate stock go put that ship in stocks, go put that ship in such and such like no one like, like, I know, we iterated what we were saying earlier. So I want people to see this. And I know you keep saying young people, but goddamn.
Speaker 3: People need to say generation people need to all still learning. Yeah, because like.
Speaker 2: Financially like and then likes it's crazy, like I know I'm a little bit off subject. But one time I was in Italy, right, no, no, I was in Paris and I had to Bulgaria. I think, you know, we always say Swiss veg accounts and we don't even realize, like that ship is a real thing, like that it was just a Swiss bake accounts.
Speaker 3: You ain't really like really you I was getting away just talking, ain't living it.
Speaker 2: I went and did the deal in Switzerland and like we was in this one part of the airport. I don't know if you ever heard of this ship. It's like it's like not, it's not not part of nowhere. The airport, yes, like asylum like.
Speaker 6: You do the.
Speaker 3: Like oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then when I got out of there, I guess what. Guess what the first restaurant I've seen. I can't make this up McDonald Dominican rest.
Speaker 3: Love y'all, man, listen to the drinking past trance fans.
Speaker 2: This was the smartest all of us have ever been on this side of the table, like they bring out this morning to send us.
Speaker 3: So listen, man, tune in. That's going back, Yes, sir, we gotta we gotta do drop.
Speaker 6: Congressional Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, d J E f f N and n O r E.
Speaker 3: Please make sure to follow us on all our socials.
Speaker 6: It's at drink Champs across all platforms at the real no Reagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's creat on I g at d J e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com