Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, the Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 2: So there's like three stocks moving to day them all. I mean, you know, it's a chored today, it's a podcast and Alexis is up to the tasks stock movers, what do you have?
Speaker 3: It was a little challenging, but we found some good ones. So stay Lauder. This stock is now up today. Investors are applauding the collapse of merger talks with the Spanish beauty brand Pooch. And by the way, you do pronounce it pooch, even though it's spelled p u ig. Okay, it's up. Buzz so want her music business?
Speaker 2: He's Quig is a guy the guy that mixes records.
Speaker 3: Okay, well this is different pooch pooch. Yeah, so it's up eleven point six percent esday, Lauder. So this news is caught Wall Street by surprise because these two sides had been talking since March. They thought they were progressing towards a deal. It would have created one of the world's largest fragrance and skincare companies. Why did it fall apart. We don't know for sure. The two sides aren't saying, but Bloomberg is reporting that the makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury was demanding a certain compensation in this deal. That was one of the sticking points. Tilbury actually sold her brand to Pooch back in twenty twenty, but still has a you know, a bit of a stake in the company. So, now what happens to es Day Lauder, Well, the CEO there is left was still trying to revive the brand. It's reported three years of annual sales drops, so there are challenges ahead. But a lot of people on Wall Street didn't quite understand this deal. They didn't know how Esday Lauder would integrate, you know, Pooch's products.
Speaker 2: I mean, where do they fit in in you know, like across the street at Bloomingdale's. Where does Esday Lauder fit in When I'm looking at the future as hydroplump tended lip bomb thirty eight dollars.
Speaker 3: And that's one of the challenges, you know, is trying to lure the younger skincare product folks, because that's really what they're after, right Esta Lauder. Yeah, I don't feel like, I see them in there, and I don't know. Don't start telling me.
Speaker 1: A lot of their focus to online if I'm not mistaken, right, I mean, I think the Amazon and the TikTok shops.
Speaker 3: I mean they're selling lower price items to remember my my like for instance. Really, honestly, I think of my grandmother when I think of Esta Lauder and her scent. I mean, that's so, that's their challenge.
Speaker 2: That's the smartest thing I've heard.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, Imax soaring fourteen percent. The Wall Street Journal has a story saying that this is the large screen theater company. It's exploring a sale. It's already approached some entertainment companies for as potential buyers get this. The stock is up forty percent since last summer, but it is down seven percent so far this year. They've got a market cap of about one point eight billion dollars. I didn't realize this, but premium screens, including IMAX, accounted for more than five percent of domestic box office sales last year. It's taking a bigger share of the box ops. I have to tell you, the last movie I saw was an IMAX, and I do not go to the very often.
Speaker 2: What is the sphere in Las Vegas the new.
Speaker 3: I'm that's the question.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean Sweeny's more we're Sweeney. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's got to be golfing.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's at an IMAX, but you never know.
Speaker 2: He's probably on the vespa, you know, yes, morning beverage and listening to us on his Bloomberg Listen years ago with one radio stage hanging on everywhere.
Speaker 3: I remember those days. I still have one, you still have them. I actually do think it works.
Speaker 2: Mister Bloomberg has it. He told me another day. That's how he listens.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what mister Bloomberg said to me. I was listening to you this morning time, and I can't remember things said.
Speaker 1: I said, thank you.
Speaker 3: Praise one more here for mister. Ross Stores up five percent. This stock is up twenty and a half percent so far this year, raising its sales and profit guidance after first quarter results beat the street, aided by get this strong customer traffic among younger shoppers aged eighteen to twenty four. What is Ross Stores doing right? This is the off price retailer meeting. It sells brand names, does sign merchandise for less. It is said that same store sales growth was the best in the company's history of seventeen percent last quarter, and Ross's CEO on the call said the company is outperforming virtually every other retailer that they can track when it comes to younger customers.
Speaker 1: Wow. The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.