Speaker 1: Oh, this is actually costing me more money to do myself than to actually just have someone who knows what like who won't fuck it up, you know, like anything like breaks. I won't fuck with the brakes. Yeah, yeah, sure, yes, but that's so the opposite of me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, the are easy. I funk with them all the time. Are used to one thing.
Speaker 3: I will say, there is that place bicycle kitchen in is it like kind of silver Lake?
Speaker 2: Oh smoke? Is it?
Speaker 3: Or I think it's called bicycle kitchen or it used to be called the thing that I said it.
Speaker 2: Was called Blake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like barn you're talking about pedal palace.
Speaker 3: But they have all the stuff and people who are like repair folks to help you out. But you know, nominally you're supposed to do everything. So I that's the kind of joint I used to go to in Brooklyn. But again, cannot stress enough it's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: I wish I was more of a tinker. Yeah, I'm always impressed.
Speaker 2: A Taylor Soldier spye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I was more tinker less Taylor Soldier spy.
Speaker 3: It's like three jobs at a hobby that's right, right, hobby job job that fool is trying to put he's just starting.
Speaker 5: Let's try to like sneak in tinker like it was equal with the other three, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, sixty nine, Episode two of day production Oh My God, a production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel YouTube slash at Daily Zeitgeist Pod. You can go check it out, check us out saying stuff like these words. It is Tuesday, December seventeenth, twenty four, just a day and a week out from the Big Day. I don't know. I don't in track of these official days when Miles is out, but I think.
Speaker 2: I got that right. I think you're right. The big Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we can't legally say and bleep this Christmas, right right, yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Can't say so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The NFL does have a have a trademark on the word Christmas, so we're actually not allowed to say Christmas. We just call it big Baby Jay's Big Day, a big day out, huge and gorgeous baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People.
Speaker 1: People talk about the magic of Jesus, but he was a gorgeous baby.
Speaker 2: Orgeat he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean not just gorgeous baby, some of some of those crucifixes.
Speaker 2: He's Shredsville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean thank god they waited till he was a grown up to put him on those, because if they put.
Speaker 4: The baby version of him, it would have been good.
Speaker 2: It would have been my man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. We two hosts of ted z are casting zits and trends to up are arresting now tuone scams from hok two drones on the Jersey shore. Oh no, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I won't keep going.
Speaker 4: That is courtesy a Fighter of the night Man on the discord. Shout out the Fighter of the night Man on the discord. I am thrilled to be joined, and I'm just realized I didn't didn't put this guy's name a big thing, so fuck.
Speaker 1: No, I wrote I have admin rights now, okay, so I was able to fix. I fixed the whole document the amount of errors that were in that thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Are I appreciate it? Crazy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, of course, thrilled to be joined by a very special guest co host who you've already heard.
Speaker 2: From, because he won't shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Brilliant comedian writer, the actor whose special Daddy long legs you must go check out right now on YouTube. One of your favorite guests on the one hand. On the other hand, the coiner of the disgusting phrase plumpers to describe his thighs. Please welcome, the brilliant, the talented, the riding of recumbent bike in short shorts. It's Blake Wexland.
Speaker 1: Always great to be back on. I love radio. This is Blake Wexler, AKA what's that in the Jersey sky propeller's lights? We're gonna die. Take a shitty picture with your phone. Oh, drones, give me some drones. Drones that go peo peo, peo pew. Oh drones. I love my drones. Drones that go peo peo, peo pew.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was drones And I threw that together in two hours. It took me two hours of provisions to put that together.
Speaker 2: Thanks that, I hear was like pretty fun.
Speaker 4: They had like this whole game around lunch and like picking out like the lunch spots. But yeah, you can't argue with the with the.
Speaker 1: Results though, no, no, no, nor should you. It was a union room.
Speaker 4: And it was nobody accused you of being but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was. Now now it's suspicious. They are all union rooms.
Speaker 4: Maybe the story I was remembering is that you paid them with lunch.
Speaker 2: Is that what it was? And exposure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna they have a follow Friday coming their way that's going to really send them into the sky. But yeah, no, it's great. I'm glad, I'm you know, I'm very busy in general. But despite four minutes notice, I was able to do this because because it's raining outside.
Speaker 4: But he's right on the edge. He's right on the edge, so he's physically sick. Last second was like, I don't want to do this, and so.
Speaker 2: We brought it.
Speaker 4: Also but the big gun, Yeah, he's a big gun. I like that.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you don't get vaccinated like Miles, you just get six. So this is a telling, a telling story.
Speaker 4: But now he's gonna be able to say, yeah, I've been immunized because he's been exposed. You know, Blake, We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat. What a lineup today. One of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore. Two of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore. On the same episode. Hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer. You know him from the oz This Racist podcast. It is Andrew T.
Speaker 3: I saw three takes come say Land on Christmas Week, basically Christmas week. I saw three takes come Sayling in like eight days before Christmas in the morning, Wait this morning, and were these takes from andre Ty from and Drety from Maderty? And were these takes from Anderty on Christmas Week or the morning?
Speaker 2: Yes? They were.
Speaker 4: Were you raised a question? And I was on the edge of my seat, So thank you for answering that news.
Speaker 3: I went to tam O Shanter and my friend Tampa shanter'sday. I guess like steak restaurant, primary restaurant in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that remains open against all odds.
Speaker 3: It's really well they I feel like they do a lot of their business during Christmas time because they it's like a I don't know, like a It has a very strong vibe. It's got a pub kind of like taverny vibe. And they have carollers all through the month of December. And my friend requested that song. And this is the one piece I want to bring to the world. Did you know that song is not called on Christmas Day in the morning, three ships, right, It's called three ships. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like a Christmas carol that like gets kind of artistic with it, Like, no, this is actually called three ships.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you talking about? Three ships?
Speaker 4: That's what they saw. Man, that's like a whole motivation for the fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Fucking I don't like any of this.
Speaker 4: And also, what the fuck are they talking about? Is that like a nautical version of the Christmas Story where like the people are ships? Is it like in the Cars Universe Christmas story in the Cars Universe where the wise men are ships.
Speaker 3: Baby Jesus sort of starts out as like a like a kayak and then yeah, a catamaran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was so annoying.
Speaker 3: My friend was like, I'd like three ships please, And of course everyone else at the table is like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: That's not a Christmas Carol?
Speaker 3: And then the other part, this is just a note for Tamila Shanter, a place that is doing fine.
Speaker 4: Huge fans they have, the restaurant themselves, are big listeners, big fans they have.
Speaker 3: Someone's gotta be the Carolers have worked in this dimension now of like they kind of do sort of like a I guess, like a Victorian era version of the rat Pack kind of deal, and I strongly dislike it.
Speaker 2: I think, just do the do the fucking Carols. There was like a guy who was sort of like some cross between ebonyz or Scrooge and I guess Dean Martin doing bits just I don't want to from the Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was vaguely horny as opposed to infamously sober Dean Martin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was was just like, guys, let's just fucking do the Carrols. You know, we're on video character. I really went to tout on my face right now. It really bummed me out. We characters just saying.
Speaker 4: We were at a Christmas party, an annual Christmas party for my children's school yesterday, and the Carollers were like I just saw like I came in at the same time as the Carollers, as I always do to make sure that I'm announced.
Speaker 2: As a caller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and I just watched them go through the process of like they had amazing costumes on, like Scrooge era costumes and rosed up cheeks with like makeup, and then you know were immediately like ignored by all the like the just children running between their legs and like just like totally not what they had in mind at all and just stuck through it like Champs and were you know, did did did there?
Speaker 3: I think Carols if you're if you're dressing up in costume and you're Carol and you're really going for it again, but maybe you got a little bored and you decided today this is the year I'm going to do a little fucking character work. I will also say this is this is a real pitch for I guess whoever makes the iPad app that handles sheet music, which I assume as someone because most most modern singers, I think put all their music. You know, they don't have like sheet music anymore.
Speaker 2: They just have everyone's got an iPad.
Speaker 3: And if you are the maker of this app, I beseech you put on like a just like a soft yellow filter onto your thing, because everyone else is like got their iPad in the tavern and just blue light blasting on their faces from beneath, and it looks crazy, so at least fake it so it looks like a candle or something. If you really want to go the extra mile, put in a candle flicker. But that shit, that shit really took me out of it.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: I think now I am not one to waste papers, as you both know me, but if you're giving a speech, I do feel like it adds another element, where like, if you're giving a wedding speech, for instance, having it on paper or note cards makes it seem like you put so like like a hundred times more effort into it. Then if you're reading it off your phone, even though it's still the same thing.
Speaker 4: And having it on a yellowed scroll even better, youll like the edges and reading it by candle light perfect. I do like that idea of the you know, changing the white. I feel like just generally like the white Christmas lights are sometimes too white. I feel like whoever makes the two bright headlights headlamps what are they called headlights of cars, like has gotten into the Christmas tree light game and they're making me like bright white blue Christmas lights that are like blinding and like look cold. I like a warmer, yellower glow, and I think you can do either one. So I'm just telling my neighbors you fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big, justin edit all that out and all that light bullshit that Jack was just this weird.
Speaker 4: Cold, weird cold light.
Speaker 2: Is fucking with us. It's fazing yeah.
Speaker 4: The coldish light. Yeah, get your white balance right, fucking decorators. All right, this is going to be this episode of the Mess. We're doing great, Andrew, I I can't. I also can't remember which one of you is a guest, which one of you? And Andrew, we're going to get to know you a little bit better at a moment. First, a couple of things that we're talking about. Uh. Today we're going to talk about the backlash against the CEO who snitched on Luigi Mangioni to the cops and was like, hey, that's our backpack that he was wearing. FYI, I don't know what I can tell you about that, but anyways, people are mad at him. We'll talk about that and just the ongoing response to the Luigi the Mangione of it all. We'll talk about bend Oregon's Google eye bandit, the Google eye bandit can't stand it, so that's the green eye bandit anyways. Uh, and then we'll talk about Craven the Hunter.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: They keep making these fucking movies, these Sony Spider Man Universe, non Spider Man movies. Another one just dropped. I did not know that's what it was. I never know that that's what it is until they come out. Nobody sees them and they're like, well, Sony tried to trick us again, but again nobody went and saw this fucker.
Speaker 1: Look at all this money. This movie lost it. It's like, oh, I don't even know that that's probably why.
Speaker 4: But this has an incredible detail in this story that was It was like a real fucking plot twist for me. Yeah, we'll get to but that's we'll get to at the end. And that is called a tease. You can you can stick around.
Speaker 1: This is a harder job than it seems like the teas thing people don't talk about when you have to put in a tease, Like you are a good host, Jack. I think I'm sorry for all the things I've said in the past about you. I think you are pretty good at this.
Speaker 4: Like, that's so nice of you. Unfortunately we edit all those things out of the show, so none of the listeners know what the fuck you're talking about. But oh, well, I think you're a huge fan of mine.
Speaker 2: So I am now now I am.
Speaker 4: Nobody's allowed to say anything bad about me on this show. But you both know that you signed the contract, the yellow scroll contracts that I.
Speaker 2: Mean, so yellow Yellow.
Speaker 4: Just signed that ship. Before we get to any of that, Andrew, we do like to ask our guests, what's something from your search history?
Speaker 2: History? Ch history?
Speaker 3: Yeah, motherfuckers, get right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stupid.
Speaker 3: I searched for well, so I went to five holiday parties but really Christmas parties in two no three days?
Speaker 2: Whoa too much?
Speaker 3: And I also sort of volunteered to cook too much? And I added on an additional cooking thing yesterday for no real sensible reason. But the first one was some of my friends new friends Ish who moved here from London. So they're fucking English as fuck. Yeah, they had a Christmas roast.
Speaker 4: Are they new Ish or they're your friend's Ish?
Speaker 2: No, they're new Ish friends. Okay, very nice? Yeah, okay, but they're you know, they've they've only been here a yearine change.
Speaker 1: I think I just wanted to clarify for their sake, because these that you're friends with similar age, the red Coats that you're friends with lobster.
Speaker 3: Fats, So yeah, i'd say probably. I don't actually know they're They're not like good enough friends that I know everyone's age.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. I went to a birthday party that I didn't pay attention to what was happening.
Speaker 4: Actually, one of them said the candles.
Speaker 3: To be honest, there is an age, okay, indisputably an age. I just don't remember it. But I I thought I would get cute and make a English trifle okay for dessert. And then I just because I clearly have too much time on my hands, I thought, oh, instead of doing just fucking pudding, I'll like get the stuff. And this is where my searchestor comes in, called bird's custard powder, which is the shit you're supposed to use to make English trifle. It's that kind of it's thinner than pudding, and it comes in a little you know, it's powder. It's basically cornstarch and another stabilizer powder. And what I learned about myself and America and the rest of the world because I made a batch and I did not realize that because America is America and the rest of the world is the rest of the world. Bird's custard is not inherently sweetened, Like it has vanilla flavoring, but no sugar in it, so it is not sweetened. And I just assume every other prepackaged mix in America, even shit you don't want to have sugar, has a fuckload of sugar in it. So this was disgusting, and I ruined my first batch of trifle, which was like, honestly like kind of a lot of ingredients when it So.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting, but you made it the way that it was intended to be made or no, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I was just like, obviously this has sugar in it.
Speaker 3: It's a mix, okay, So I just I just kind of like skimmed it. And I didn't clock that you're basically supposed to put in as much sugar as powder.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: She's also fucked up when you think about a box of jello, and it was the final result of that was still less.
Speaker 2: Sweet than just like your average jello pudding. Like, yeah, you is that? Do you enjoy cooking or is this something? Yeah, I'm pretty I'm pretty pretty.
Speaker 3: Good at like the big a big cooking thing, like doing a lot of stuff. So also on yesterday, that was Friday. And then yesterday I made lasagna for my friend's lasagna party, which was too much. And then because I had borrowed the trifle dish in the first place, and I was going to return it to my friend, and I still had a fuckload of birds custard powder and like all this milk that I didn't really want around, I made another trifle and put it in the dish to return it.
Speaker 2: Now, what is it?
Speaker 4: I actually looked up what a trifle was like over the weekend for some reason, like my kids, maybe there was a song that mentions the trifle or something like that.
Speaker 1: I forget why, but we were looking trifling. It's bills, bills, bills. Yeah, okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: We were listening to bills, bill bills.
Speaker 3: So that was the other thing that I didn't search but I probably should have, which is, how does fucking trifling derive? Presumably from trifle, because the trifle, as far as I can tell, is humongous and labor intensive, and I mean, it's ultimately not my favorite, but trifling seems.
Speaker 2: Much worse than that. And and there's a smallness implied in trifling.
Speaker 4: It's flavor it's a mere trifle, but a mere trifle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this trifle dish was like easily a gallon worth of putting with cream cake, port jam and fruit.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's fucking crazy. I put in.
Speaker 1: I got caught, of course, the alcohol one Jesus Christ blake, which yeah, like a custard's last stand over there. Yeah, call your co host an alcoholic. Is this something that you called Miles a drug addict?
Speaker 2: Huh? Because he is one. Yeah, we can back anyway.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a fucking tribal trifle. Is just like a big ass, fucking custardy mess.
Speaker 3: It's good, I think, but it is one of those things where you're like this is this is fucking ridiculous. I guess it's most similar to like a pre made strawberry shortcake in flavor profile, you know, like the kind of like when you buy of a strawberry shortcake that's been sitting in a in a cooler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just remember what it was. It's a book called children's book called The Worst Children, Part two, the World's Worst Children Too, and it talked about a baby that eats a trifle and they may it seemed like it's a big, a big amount of thing that he's eaten. Which, yeah, that that's why I looked it up. I was like, wait, is a trifle like big?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was having the same exact experience with you via David Williams is the World's Worst Children too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna If you're on YouTube, you're getting a preview. But this is like, you know, the closest size comparison. Yeah, that made damn ye.
Speaker 4: So this one's not going up on YouTube, but uh I wish it was now because I was a beautiful, beautiful cake.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not.
Speaker 3: It's just like a huge It's just like if a pudding like like putting in cake was in a gallon.
Speaker 2: It's like literally a gallon. It's so so much of the ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to be a real, real British lad, a little little lord to enjoy this?
Speaker 4: Was it? Do you think that they were like originally like trifle being small was like sarcastic trying to figure out how they got there.
Speaker 2: It's British says to humor. For sure. That is something that's very funny.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talking about overrated, underrated, and other shit.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by eBay. Whatever you love finding on eBay eBay things people love Miles, Oh, what do you join here over here in this giant novelty gift? How did you even get it in here? And even Merry Christmas? Brother?
Speaker 7: Wow, it's bigger than my tree. I knew something was going on when it smelled like sweat last night.
Speaker 4: How long you been in the box?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man? So you can see you can see just an outline of my body on the side of this box, right.
Speaker 2: Through the box.
Speaker 4: Look, man, I'm stressed out. We got the White Elephant party coming up, the holiday party coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm freaking did you find me something?
Speaker 4: Too many good ideas for gifts?
Speaker 7: I did find something actually perfect for you, and I love how for me easy it was. I just went white elefant gift and I go, yeah, that's for Jack. Yeah, guess what I.
Speaker 2: Found for you? Jack?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what'd you find?
Speaker 7: This is a wonderful ornament. It looks like a box, but peek a boo, it's John McClain an event from die Hard.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, because I always like to have this really interesting conversation where I tell people I think die Hard is a Christmas movie.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, and people are alown away. Yeah, people are blown away and think it's interesting. Like this guy's still saying, these are takes from fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know my favorite Christmas movie. Nobody said that. Nobody's asking you that my favorite Christmas movie. You have to be die Hard. Yeah, okay's right, sir.
Speaker 7: Please be quiet. This is your children's Christmas recital. It's not thank you though.
Speaker 4: Go on, go on seeing kids, go on. Well, I could have gotten you these dang flat top golf tease. Wait, what's a flat top golf tea? So there are golf teas and you can't even stick the ball on top because dang top is flat.
Speaker 7: Oh dang novelty. Yeah you know me, I'm always hitting the links. There's no concavity to the top of the dang golf tea.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 7: Well, look, golf, unfortunately isn't my thing. But we all got a thing on eBay. Maybe it's fashion, car parts, trading cards, retro movie posters, anything you can collect, So go find the thing that keeps you up at night. Whatever you love, find it on eBay, eBay Things people Love.
Speaker 4: And We're back. I just did a lap around my desk record time. By the way, barely.
Speaker 2: Take we did. We did good work while you took your headphones off.
Speaker 1: We did really good work. That's the first time we ever had to break in the middle of an overrated, underrated this episodes We're going craver. I could I could fill a buster about custard forever. Also the custard that was available with comments amens custard, which I took the colonizer mentality and went with birds but obviously omens.
Speaker 2: How could it not be superior?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple were there? A couple of birds at the party? All right, I'm gonna stop that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, mate, yeah yes mate, yes yeah baby, yeah baby.
Speaker 4: All we needed to get I was just seeing it would go.
Speaker 2: I feel Yeah, I felt so much better.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't you, it was about to be me.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: It was so fun. That was so fun. What is something you thinks underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? How much gambling debt this country is about to be in?
Speaker 3: I did not realize because I'm just like not like built like a sports.
Speaker 2: Guy in this way. But like, obviously I understand.
Speaker 3: Like sports huge, I like my few esoterokey sports, and and I all recognize that what I'm about to say is people will perceive this with a tinge of irony. But I was playing poker at the casino the other day and there was a fucking kid at my table who was holding up the table because he I mean, I'll just you know, I'm not here to judge anyone else's poker play, but let's just say he was pretty bad at it and very sort of aggressive, relatively splashy flashi as an It felt like he was just there.
Speaker 4: To around, not knowing what he's done. Yeah, but not holding the table up with a handgun. Not, No, he was holding up He was holding up play, holding the works, holding up the way because while he was meant to be in fucking poker hands, this is also he was in every hand because he was just you know, calling everything.
Speaker 2: How old was this child?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: How child? Are we talking?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty old, but I mean he felt like he was in his mid twenty maybe.
Speaker 2: Okaya, of course this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but this this dude was holding up play because he was on face time with a lady friend of his who was placing draft kings bets for him while he was gambling, you know, playing poker rather badly. And I was just like, oh, we are like fucked, fucked or like people's like money, there's just a new quicker dimension for people's money to leave them with legalized sports gambling. Then I then I realized I was just going to get faster and worse. It's really wild, yeah, because I was just like, well, a lot of like relatively stable countries have legalized sports gambling, Like how bad could it be? And I was just like, oh no, this is like truly wild. And look, I mean I know again, I'm a I'm a poker player. I don't do any gambling related activities that I don't at least believe I have a mathematical edge.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, and you have.
Speaker 4: Your mathematical edge because of that Kenny Rogers song. That's what you told exactly. He said that you just studied that song and that really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all you need, you know, and data is bearing it out. But I do not currently have enough large enough data set to be sure I'm a winning poker player of what things seem to be trending in that direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who made who kind of made his living for a number of years playing poker, and it was just it sounded like it was a monotonous grind. It was like a four hour like at least four hours at the table, just waiting, waiting, waiting, and then like you know where they don't know what they're.
Speaker 3: Doing, Yes, exactly. It's that that's the tricky part is like just having a good enough hand. Tricky slash depressing part is just wait until you have a good enough hand at the stakes.
Speaker 2: I play out to just take people's money and it's really unpleasant.
Speaker 3: But it was wild how much like this guy was like I got a system to beat draft kings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, you're right.
Speaker 3: This feels like do you know how much like the mouth they spend in advertising alone means they need to be so profitable, which means your ass doesn't have a system.
Speaker 1: It's like supersize me where he's like, I'm going to beat McDonald's, Like, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: You're just too it's too big.
Speaker 1: My one of my best friends is a professional poker player, and it is when the same thing happens every single time we're out, people ask you what you do, and I say comedian and then he says professional poker player. And people are so psyched to talk to him about it. And it is always the least interesting thing. Where the reason why he does it professionally. He clocks in at nine, he clocks out at five, He doesn't go to the casino. He plays multiple hands. He will then take a break to pick up his kids from like it's the most like standard. He's very you know, professional and treats it like a job. So I have a bunch of hands open, I play them, I fold. I don't get emotional about it. It's all like you said, Andrew, like just mathematical, like playing the paper.
Speaker 2: It's more it's I've started.
Speaker 3: This is this is the thing I've gotten into. This is truly revealing too much about me. Is a friend of mine is going pro and he is in this group of pro poker players, but one of them has ambitions of becoming a screenwriter. I've written a pilot, so we are trading with me with this like very high end poker pro I love it, like literally sessions of poker coaching and like screenwriting class. And it has been so this has sort of formalized my practice. I have all kinds of graphs and data and shit like that, and the way I'm like the romance of potential like romance of pro poker player, and the reality being like the number of spreadsheets that are involved in being an actual profitable poker player. It's like kind of indistinguishable from being a pretty low level Wall Street guy, right, Like, yeah, it's only math and large numbers, and that's that's how you handle the variants.
Speaker 2: It's really the spreadsheets.
Speaker 4: Like he has something capturing the hands and then basically like putting putting that directly into a spreadsheet, and then he analyzes and like sees where he could have improved.
Speaker 2: Yes, basically yes, let me see.
Speaker 3: It will be incriminating if I hold up my laptop with a graphic. I don't want to do this, but I literally I'm just like gathering hands and like putting him in graphs and then analyzing the play and then.
Speaker 2: Just sucks all the fun out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they go to Teddy KGB's warehouse game with all the just guys in town, where you get a royal flush at the end and probably win in dramatic fashion. And your girl leaves you. But in the end it's like it's better for her, and you got to be like, hey, you know, that's the breaks of the game. No one to hold them, no one to.
Speaker 2: Full Ye, that's right.
Speaker 4: Never count your money when you're sitting at the table. I think about that line all the time in the most pathetic context, like if I'm like winning it fantasy football, and I'm like, should I go check and see, like what place this will put me in? If I win? If I get like what I expected, then I'm like not Kenny Rogers. Kenny Rogers said, never never count your money when you sit at the table.
Speaker 3: I will just say, if anyone really likes poker, and it does it, it's just getting into it. Almost every piece of advice from poker media is you almost want to do the exact opposite, right, always know how much money you have?
Speaker 2: Almost always uh, you know you can't.
Speaker 5: Your everything from Rounders is crazy, Like it's just like, don't do any of that.
Speaker 4: You don't listen to the Oreo cookies to see which way it wants you to go.
Speaker 3: It's so if you had, if you had to tell like that, why would you tell the man just take his money every day for the rest of his natural life.
Speaker 4: Got a built in theatrical little tell that I do for no discernible reason. Yeah, Andrew, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, talking to your friend's dumb kids? I was at another holiday party.
Speaker 1: And that's Jack. No, I'm just kidding me. That insinuated that your kids were dumb. Your kids aren't dumb.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I wanted to insult you, and I insulted your family. You know, I'm gonna tell you this. My kids are probably pretty dumb.
Speaker 3: Jacks kids count Jack's kids count as dumb kids. Yeah, I haven't even met him, but they're within the you know what I think? Actually, you know, I think the problem is my friend's kid is smart for a kid. Yeah, because she was at like, you know, a holiday party with mostly adults and like doing fine. I had two realizations. One is just like, because of like the way my life is configured regrettably, I as a single person with no kids and you know, kind of no real responsibilities. Was the adult who was by far the closest to this. I want to say eleven year old's life experience.
Speaker 4: The time you wake up on the weekends. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Literally, I was just like, I kind of just like, oh, man, yeah, it's like funny that I'm talking to the like the kid.
Speaker 3: And then I kind of looked around the party and I was like, I'm her closest peer at the party. You're both asking for rides to them all.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 3: Like like, oh, everyone else here has shit, like real family life responsibility shit happening, and I certainly do not. And that means me and the kid are the same. So yeah, so don't talk to your friends dumb kids, because they don't really make you a question a lot of shit about yourself or myself most importantly, but also this kid understandably didn't. The hallmark for me an old person is how long it takes for them to understand nine to eleven was a pretty bad day, and it took a very long time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know what, fuck you kid.
Speaker 4: Wait a second. That's what you do in your conversations with kids, is you're trying to convey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I start this is a question. I'm doing the opposite of George Bush reading The Hungry Goat. You know, I'm just like, I open with this to see if the kid can handle it to like, you know, are you are you?
Speaker 2: Are you really?
Speaker 3: No? The kid brought up how sad she was that fucking January sixth was upcoming, and I was like, uh, you know, I think her friend had a birthday on January sixth, and I countered with, well, I got a bunch of friends who have birthdays on September eleventh. Eight ship kids, that's a long beat. And then she's like, oh right, nine to eleven. I was like, you know what funk? You can't you forgot? Oh man, yeah, anywhere a second plane has hit the tower. We're under attack.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I was a clear Tuesday morning. That's how you open the conversation. You're doing different postures I do.
Speaker 3: I have a little audio clip to just make it richer of like very you know, Wolf Flitzer like stings like Brillian.
Speaker 2: Leaning, yeah, yeah, oh my god, yeah and yeah.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like a little radio play I do for children, and then ends with like a star spangled rendition of Star Spangled Banner by the children's choir, and I am crying a little bit by the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do stick the landing. I've seen you do it, and it's thank you. It does stick in your head. Yeah, thank you, sir, I'll never performance.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you taking off enough and off been talking quite a long time, but we.
Speaker 4: Have been talking a long time to get to these stories. But as you heard when we were previewing the stories, nothing's really happening, so we can just you know, we got plenty of time to talk about these these three bullshit stories. We talked about the New Jersey drones yesterday on the Trending episode from the weekend. But do you guys have drone takes?
Speaker 2: Do you are you?
Speaker 4: Are you believing?
Speaker 1: Do you believe? Pissed off? I'm really pissed off about these drones. I live in North Jersey and have not seen a single drone, and I've been looking like i've I also have never I've just been wanting no one's smart walks around looking at the sky. Yeah you know what I mean, maybe look where you're going. But I didn't realize how many things are in the sky near New York City. And it's like there's three of the biggest airports in the world are within fifteen miles of one another in this area. There's helicopters, there's fucking consumer drones.
Speaker 4: You know, there's Andrew to cue the tape with the sound type with the jet. It's just someone.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know. I don't really think it's that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Like I haven't. I'm here either, and I don't see any of these fucking drones.
Speaker 4: H I think there's a lot of drones, and this guy constantly because people are allowed to have drones, and they just change the laws to make it even more possible to fly the way of the fuck you want, and people are just catching up to that fact. That is my official stance as of this moment. But I do famously want to believe. I coined that phrase. I want to believe, and yeah, I'm one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did hope we're in aliens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Andrew any any anything.
Speaker 3: I will say I had completely been ignoring this because I was like, there's yeah, there's so many fucking drones. I did not realize how much of the discourse had veered into alien business, which, yeah, come on, guys.
Speaker 1: It doesn't disservice to the drones, to this American made.
Speaker 4: Technology, you know, Oh god, I think it does a disservice to the USS NIT minutes sighting where the real alien sightings. These are just drones people. But that's that's the type of annoying person I am to be stuck talking to. I can't even get sentence with eleven year old. They're just like this guy's talking about drugs.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: The worst case scenario, of course, is that these are like US owned anything, which they almost certainly are because they're flying.
Speaker 2: Around the US. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, there we got nothing for you, folks. If you if I'm if I'm missing something big, please hit me up. But I'm just like, I've seen zones do cool shit. I've seen lots of drones fly together at the same time, in coordination with one another. I have yet to hear of like something that these drones are doing that is like more impressive than what I've already heard.
Speaker 2: Of drones do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something very funny happened yesterday. Were at the Eagles game in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: There was a fight.
Speaker 1: They do those flyovers of like military planes, and then people like around Philadelphia started being like what.
Speaker 4: The fuck these drones? Did anybody hear those truns?
Speaker 1: It's like no, there were these f sixteens that were booked four years ago to fly over the stupid stadium anyway, do you.
Speaker 4: Buy in at all to the idea that it's just something endemic to the people of New Jersey, it being like New Jersey was.
Speaker 2: The place famously drones.
Speaker 4: Well, no, they were famously the people who got fooled by the War of the World's teleplay or radio play back in the day, Like the farmers in New Jersey were the ones who were like I'd like to see Orson Wells and his aliens come out here like holding a shotgun. That might be it.
Speaker 2: I think they want something, you know, like one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Philly has you know, like it's the Declaration, you know, Yeah, they have their own thing they want like can it be drones? Can it be aliens? Can we please have something?
Speaker 2: And no? The answer is no. The answer is.
Speaker 3: Not yeah, yeah yet, Yeah, the aliens are gonna get fought off by our sick ass drones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's talk about the backpack CEO peak backpack. Actually, before we get into any of the stories, let's take one more break. Yes, jam through these motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna push ups? What are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna do forty push ups, be right back here we go. That's why I sound like what I'm doing push ups? Never done a push.
Speaker 3: Up before, and we're back. No, we're from now on. We're taking bets or I'm laying two to one that Jack's next lap doesn't beat the time on his third lap.
Speaker 4: I did two laps that time, so well, yeah, my heart was really at its breaking point after those two laps the commercials.
Speaker 1: Is that a problem? Can I just talk over the ads? Is that a big deal?
Speaker 2: We assume this, I'll stay it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you guys? Have you guys heard of the Peak CEO? The CEO of the backpack company that made Luigi Mangioni's backpack, He like kind of with real pick me energy, reach out to The New York Times and was like, hey, uh, by the way, I recognize that backpack, that's one of ours. Sorry the NYPD. Easy to mistake with the New York Times, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, stay on your grind.
Speaker 3: Obviously market all the time that they cannot not capitalize on an opportunity to get your brand out there.
Speaker 2: And this is I mean, you know he had them.
Speaker 3: He was a maker of the most famous backpack for easily a week and you gotta fucking you gotta you gotta snatch that w you know, but he just earned nice backpacks.
Speaker 4: And like they are like really nice backpacks that are expensive. They're like top of the line. So maybe like for people, maybe the NYPD were like, yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: We got a rich kid.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's how they started like putting together a profile of who it was. Oh my god, plus all that monopoly money. But then so I don't know, I don't know what information he thought he was gonna provide, Like it feels like telling So right after the shooting, I couldn't stop telling people that I had stayed at that hotel the week before. It was actually like two months before, but I was like so excited right there was right there. It could have been me. Yea, I should have been you know, God, damn it, it should have I get real grizzled. That should have been me.
Speaker 2: Man, he did nothing deserves that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this feels like him just trying to like get make the big story of the moment, like be about him or involve him in some way. And then he immediately got started. People started calling him a snitch and he had to like post all these things like we won't violate your privacy if you register your bag with us, like because you know how all companies like all they want is for you to like buy their product and then be like, and this is all of my information because we're friends now. So that was the immediate question is like, well, if he's tugging to the cops, then he must be he must be like providing the serial number. But like basically he called the cops, was like, hey, that's our backpack. They're like, great, is it registered? And he was like, I don't know if I can tell you that, and I don't think ultimately told them anything, and then had to like post to be like I'm not gonna snitch on you guys, I swear, but yeah, I don't know. I felt. I think people were immediately like this is CEO solidarity. And the comments, the menacing comments that came from people are like definitely like not the fun, the fun Luigi Mangioni memes. These are like y'all left with the wrong people, enjoy what is left of your company. Like it's just like sounds like twelve year olds trying to be like bad as in a movie closing sale event coming soon.
Speaker 2: The tertiary effect.
Speaker 3: Of Luigi Mangoni bringing out all these like tough.
Speaker 2: Guys, yeah, has been like a little depressing.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, like, you know, just there's no none of y'all are killing a fucking CEO.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's be honest. I let the fuck out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do hope that actually that company starts to go under because these backpacks are so nice, like they're great, and they are like three hundred dollars. So if you can cut this in act like I don't know, like maybe seventy five percent off whatever you have to do to tank this company so I can get an everyday tote pack in a twenty liter bone colored I would love to do it because right now it's one seventy nine ninety five and I can't.
Speaker 4: By the way, a lot of people are like speculating about Luigi Mangioni's motives, this whole thing has been a very long piece of sponsored content for what Lake just said, It's all been a piece of spon con on the daily zeit geist to get people to drop their guard so we can tell them how fucking nice these backpacks are. Holy shit, they.
Speaker 1: Have added a funny money pocket in one.
Speaker 2: Of their their bags. So I don't know if that was you know.
Speaker 1: If they thought of that before, if that's a new thing. But wow, yeah, oh man, it's nice.
Speaker 3: That's the problem is any any political and political adjacent murderer, They're never what you want.
Speaker 4: As the very first thing I said, I was like this, you guys are going to be disappointed. This is not going to be who you hope it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at least the people it Yeah, the people were really and seem to continue to be really willing to overlook the differences in his case.
Speaker 3: All that being said, I do think everyone should just take a peek at the concept.
Speaker 2: Of jury nullification. If you're in New York City, just throw it out there, just a thought.
Speaker 4: All right, how do you guys feel about the Google I banned it? I'm sure you've been all over this Bend, Oregon's Google I banned it.
Speaker 3: I'm not, but I do have a pretty pretty pretty significant take, especially this part. There's a there's a portion where the city of Bend is complaining about how much it takes to.
Speaker 4: How hard it is to remove Google eyes. Yeah, so just real quick for anybody like in case you've been living under a rock that doesn't have googly eyes stuck to it. There is somebody going around sticking googly eyes on sculptures installed in Bend, Oregon, and they're being called the Google I bandit because nobody knows who's doing it and the city is boost and they're saying, I, yeah.
Speaker 3: I will just throw out all public art is only okay at absolute best.
Speaker 2: So who who gives a shit?
Speaker 3: And in what world does it cost fifteen hundred dollars to take plastic eyes off? How could you damage? To put it charitably, this fucking juvenile garbage that you call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a sculpture of a deer. Yeah, who cares, It's a sculpture of.
Speaker 1: Like a rock on top of a rock on top of one another.
Speaker 4: But I do have to shout out the makers of googly eyes, like I did not know that they had such size variants, that like you could get googly eyes that fit onto like a life sized deer sculpture and look like kind of comically big. They they look fun. I do like, just you know, my kids will stick googly eyes on things and around the house. It's very fun.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 4: I will say, contrary to the idea that you need a budget of one than five hundred dollars to remove the Google eyes from installations, those ships fall off themselves, like I have. Every Google eye that has ever been applied to anything in this household has ended up on the ground, stuck to the bottom of.
Speaker 2: My socks like that.
Speaker 4: They never stay where they're supposed to stay, like they are at best post it note quality glob o.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really dramestic terrorist. I'm sorry, go ahead, I'm just loving this picture, I guess would be what toy story six the villain just a sock with a thousand googly.
Speaker 4: Google ass on the bottom.
Speaker 1: Dirty sock, very very scary. That was a big part of everything everywhere, all at once. Yeah, this person's a hack, not an art.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hacks on hack hack.
Speaker 1: Hack the worst type of crime that is criminally uncovered. It's not covered at all.
Speaker 4: So apparently this is like a thing, like a thing that some strange adults like have or you know, not strange, but like adults, very specific adults are kind of obsessed with. Earlier this year, some people in Boston campaigned to have googly eyes stuck on the front of trains kind of looks like a Pixar movie in which all the characters have been day drinking. But they're again, they're like the right size or to turn the front of this te train into a cartoon character.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a commuter rail.
Speaker 4: That's a commuter rail.
Speaker 1: Jack, that's the commuter rail. Dude, that's the commu rail. Yeah, that's the Purple line. That's the commuter rail. All right, I'll take you so August four.
Speaker 4: You're gonna beat the shit out of me for making a mistake because you're from Boston.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, obviously he's gonna beat the shit out of you. Peering and you made a mistake, Boston Strap, you're looking at something.
Speaker 4: I've had people try and fight me because I was watching a sporting event on a TV and they were like at the bar but below the TV, and they were just like, I think the fucking kid's looking at me.
Speaker 2: Bro, Have I ever told you guys this story in my twenties before?
Speaker 3: I wear eyeglasses now, but I got them very late in life, and when I lived in New York, I had a run in my twenties, you know, going out of bars where I was like constantly almost getting in fights. And then I realized when I was like twenty seven or something that I needed glasses. It's because I would sort of like stare squint at people like constantly. Yeah, and I was evidently starting shit. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. It was like a real thing. So it's just people randomly walking up heah. Yeah truly. Yes, Like for like a couple month period when I was like, I don't know, I probably twenty six, twenty seven somewhere, and I was like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 1: These amorphous blobs keep challenging Yeah, fights, It really was wild.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh man, this is something's up. It didn't help that at the time, my roommate had started doing jiu jitsu, so he was like very up for a fight.
Speaker 4: So says, hey, man to you, and then your roommate just comes flying. Oh truly, it's just like completely parallel to the ground.
Speaker 2: I can't see. I just can't see. I can't see. I can't see. Yeah, So gay you get your eyes checked. Kids, All right, Well.
Speaker 4: We do need to hurry up and get to our curving segment. Craven the Hunter News, So this one hurts, guys, We've been looking forward to this one all seven years that we've had this podcast. Craven the Hunter featuring starring the actor from Badass.
Speaker 2: Was that the name of that movie?
Speaker 4: The like Young Kids Super kick Ass? That's the one kick Ass.
Speaker 1: And whose name is also Craven the Hunter. That is his real birth name.
Speaker 4: But this is the latest Sony movie set in the Spider Man universe that in no way features Spider Man. Again, I did not know that was the case. They do not advertise that. They're just like, obviously you know Craven the Hunter. I assumed it was like a video game character, but just like Morebs Madam Webb and Pandom. I guess is the one that worked out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tom Hardy.
Speaker 4: So that's the answer the question of like why do they keep doing this? Because Ven did well well enough to like expawn its own trilogy that did just okay, the third one, the second one did really well, the third one kind of tanked. Anyways, This is the first R rated entry in the franchise and it did not do well. The movie cost from its production budget was one hundred and ten million dollars. It made eleven million at the domestic box office just to like I think fifteen at the International in sixty countries, So not what they were looking for. And yeah, I don't know. So people were thinking they were gonna end this idea of doing like non Spider Man Spider Man Universe movies. The theory of why they do this has always been that they're doing it to keep their like they have something in the track where if they don't make a movie in this universe every X number of years, their right of ownership like lapses essentially, and so they have to, like on a technicality, keep making these. But I just want to read this section from one of the articles about this. They say, the RAPS reporting suggests that Sony might be pivoting away from this strategy of making these movies about background Spider Man characters without Spider Man and instead of trying to make more Spider Man movies with Spider Man in them. What whether these films would feature Tom holland Spidey having non MCU adventures or whether they would be something new is unknown at this point. That was an option this whole time, was to just be making Spider Man movies and they were like instead, they were like Craven the Hunter instead let's go with Craven the Hunter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it. If I think that, it feels like they were just like, well, since we had to loan Spider Man to the m CU, let's not confuse the issue.
Speaker 2: Be sure our movies have a tone that's not mc U. It's dark.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, let's make movies in that tone that nobody will like, thus ruining that tone for people.
Speaker 1: Go to the movies for the tone. I like just tone, characters writing movies for.
Speaker 4: The vibes mainly, that's true.
Speaker 2: I love they could have just like been. I love popcorn too, Yeah, I do likeorn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your what's your candy that you go with?
Speaker 2: What's the popcorn? Are you not? Yea? Yeah I had.
Speaker 4: I knew that, Like I was asking me Andrew because that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: And I put some of bird's dust on it.
Speaker 5: Bird's custard dust. Hell yeah, bro, Yeah, I mean my problem is dusted. I got I got a fucking passed to Alamo Draft House. So my my actual go to is a fucking order of Monzarellistics.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that too.
Speaker 3: It's they're not the highest quality on earth, but I've probably I would say confidently that in Los Angeles I have eaten more Alamo Draft House Monzerelistics than any other human being alive.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: I'll just say that sounds like that sounds like something you should use in your next conversation with that, letting go.
Speaker 2: Hey, kid, how many monzerelistics have you had? You know who you're talking to?
Speaker 4: Do you know who you're talking to?
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Premiere I.
Speaker 3: I kind of have this thing where I'm just like, because I actually kind of like the idea of Spider Man movies, and these are all sort of pitched to me, and the fact that I kind of, well, admittedly I do see most of them, but I haven't enjoyed any of them, is kind of a bummer. And I do think there's a little bit of like the same thing that happened to DC, which is they kind of got fucked by the success of the first one and misinterpreting what the secret sauce was. The secret sauce, of course, is marinera, Yes, but they thought it was just not being the MCU, and so they keep trying to replicate this thing that I personally think. I'm trying not to talk myself out of any potential jobs ever in my life. Kind of think that even though the executives are geniuses, they are geniuses in this instance only they may potentially have misinterpreted what it was that was bringing people to the movie theater.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: Something fucking crazy to say. And Jack hasn't asked this yet. Jack has glazed over this multiple times, So I'll just fucking ask it. Fried cheese kurds and mozzarella sticks not that different as a product, correct, Yeah, And yet I've had Ranch served with fried cheese curds, and also this is more catch up. Let's like, let's dive past that. And also Marinara, of course never Ranch with mozzrella sticks. And I feel like we could very conceivably bring Ranch into the Mozzarelli sticks side.
Speaker 2: Who correct? Is that crazy thing? I think the difference is because cheese fried cheese curds have more acidity and a little more like them that I think, yeah, Rane, Whereas if you do mozzarella sticks and and Ranch, what are you doing? It's just too to Ye, there's a lot, it is a lot. Okay, good, I'm glad I asked it. That's why I asked and.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna want because invest in a in a restaurant concept that's just morella.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a drone in the kitchen goes kitchen and drone.
Speaker 3: The craziest, the craziest condiment they have at Alba Draft House is with the chicken fingers.
Speaker 2: They just give your side a gravy, which is insane.
Speaker 4: Jesus, whoa sick.
Speaker 3: The first time I had I in the dark dipped a chicken finger in gravy and put in my mouth, I literally thought like I had covid. I was like, whatever, this tastes like this, this is not right.
Speaker 4: There is kind of a mucus equality to gravy that I'm gonna try and forget.
Speaker 2: A surprise gravy in the dark is like, you can't surprise gravy in the dark.
Speaker 4: Surprise, Yes, andrew T. What a pleasure having you on the daily Guess where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you know you got to come down to blue Sky dot Uh.
Speaker 4: Bluesky dot com.
Speaker 2: It's beast guy.
Speaker 4: What the fast guy?
Speaker 2: Everyone mad at Blue Sky now too. We're just everything.
Speaker 4: It has been like there's been a noticeable drop off I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, yeah, listen, I I've been loving looking at Twitter and it's you know, equivalents way less. So yeah, you'll find I guess find me on Instagram and Andrew T because I got you'll see pictures of trifle every third day apparently.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, you know it is this racist? That's my podcast? That's it? Yes, good, thank you, yes, good, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Andrew. Is there a working media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: This is not new to anyone, but they've been They've put episodes of Taskmaster, which is this like British show online. I think they actually tried an American version that didn't work because those interpretations never work.
Speaker 2: But it is great to have on while you're writing. It's it's really it's.
Speaker 3: Like kind of it's sort of like it's sort of just like adult double Dare a little bit. It's that they're competing in like dumb tasks. It's a little bit better than that, but it's, you know, it's just like adults doing dumb stuff, comedians doing dumb stuff, and it's just very very nice to have on when you're like doing something else.
Speaker 2: I find I only.
Speaker 1: Heard people that I respect like comedically and intelligently recommend that show, Like I've never heard someone like be.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not going to watch that fucking idiot.
Speaker 1: Like it's all people like, not not to not to blow smoke or smoke, well, smoke blow smoke blow, but watch.
Speaker 2: Full episodes, full episodes on on YouTube. And it's very handy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so, I mean Blake was kind of talking about me too. Yea. By the way, task Master, when you google it is uh And I wasn't googling it because I don't watch it. I was googling it just, you know, to make sure it was the one that I watch all the time.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: It is a fictional character appearing in the Marvel comics, so we could have a task Master film at some point, thank you. It makes ten million dollars on a three hundred million dollar budget.
Speaker 2: Nine million in Boston.
Speaker 3: I think actually Taskmaster in the MCU is, isn't it David Harbor. It's someone Oh oh no, it's it's Olga Carolinko.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're they're they're they're there already, so don't worry. They won't be ruined by Sony. It'll just be kind of ruined. By ABC, just just fooling around, Marvel what you.
Speaker 4: We love you, We thank your geniuses. All of us would love to write for you.
Speaker 2: Hey Blake, Yeah, yeah, is there like a media.
Speaker 4: You've been enjoying? And where can people find you? And not in that.
Speaker 1: Order, I'll answer that, not in that order. I will be in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania doing my show that the reviews are in. It's a variety show that I host. I'm doing that on January a fourth, March fifteenth, I'm doing stand up in LA at the Ice House in Pasadena, headlining there. And then April fourth through fifth, I am performing at Sisyphis in Minneapolis. So all those tickets, well, most of those tickets you can find in my link tree on Blake leicster dot com and work of media.
Speaker 2: Paul F.
Speaker 1: Tompkins on Blue Sky, who might have been one of those people who suggested task Master in some medium for an hot almost certainly, and he said, imagine being the person who cancels Sesame Street and just living your life after that. So HBO and Max is not renewing Sesame Street. So Sesame Street doesn't have a home for new episodes.
Speaker 3: I believe they What about today it got I think they gave it up taken. Yeah yeah, like Max or just Max, just like Turner or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fucking fuck man, it's cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know I need the drones.
Speaker 3: This is you know, Kurmit's got a great samples. I'm sure he's gonna find work somewhere else. Like the important thing that the real thing to think about is like you know, your Bunson's and Beakers, like they don't have that many options, So like, really, like you got.
Speaker 2: A not in this. I think science is out thinking of the wrong. I'm thinking of the muppets.
Speaker 1: Hard you were thinking of the muppets. But I liked hearing about it, So I did.
Speaker 4: Say Beaker's actually got a huge only fans following.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and it's Alma Almo almost fucked, almost fucked you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ella, Actually killing big bird actually might be fucked because.
Speaker 2: It's a huge bird.
Speaker 4: That bird.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about how big that bird is? The bird's insane, it's like an eight foot bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked this year about there there was a day where big Bird like had this big, carefully coordinated media campaign about like how big birds like a small bird Now and you feel small and like has kind of lost his meaning and context and it was like a mental health therefore, and then Elmo was like, Hey, how's everybody doing. Everyone's like fucking Elmo, like start yelling at Elmo. Like Elmo just effortlessly took over the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Couple tweets I've been enjoying at shut up. Mike Gain tweeted, if you told me the story of Jesus for the first time, when you got to the crucifixion, I would be certain that he was going to use his powers as a carpenter to get out of it. That's why it must have been included. And then Corolene Jones Corolene x Maria tweeted, why did I just watch a ten minute analysis of the Wicked movie by Ben Shapiro? And also why is he kind of cooking? He needs to give up all right, drifting embraces blatant bisexuality, pivot into musical theater commentary because it's clearly his true passionate passion and I'm being so serious and she links off to a two minute video of Ben Shapiro just having the most impassioned and like serious takes about Wicked and the performances they're in and like just like a theater critics take on Wicked. Yeah, it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: I not clearly a failed theater kid that when Nazi was like the only way left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what which is like a lot of those dudes. Yeah, yeah, it really is. All right.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian and on Blue Sky at Jack ob one the number one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter at Daily's I guys read the Dailies, I gust on Instagram. We have Facebook fanpage on a website dailiesig guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we that we talked about today's episode well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin Connor, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You can't say three ships?
Speaker 4: Oh man, damn?
Speaker 6: All right, I got a pull one out of my ass. Yeah all right, well, okay, I have one. I think this song came across my timeline a minute ago, and it's so cinematic and dreamy. I could immediately picture film scenes in my head to this all day.
Speaker 2: This song is called rok Ki Ranie appreciate.
Speaker 6: It, which literally means queen of the night in Urdu, but it's also the name of a type of jasmine flower. It's apparently about a person who's allure, magnetism and charisma floats through a beautiful evening garden party. According to the songwriter a rouge off Top, I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly, and you can definitely feel that vibe in every note.
Speaker 2: So check out this song.
Speaker 6: This is called Rakki Rani by a rouge off Top and you can find that in the footnotes footnotes.
Speaker 4: It's not a mistake that that charisma, this is the charisma of that song came to your mind when we had Blake Westler.
Speaker 6: No, Andrew, if you weren't going to say it, we were, Yeah, it's just oozing out of there.
Speaker 4: You guys have garden party energy, just like a person who's drifting through a garden party, absolutely killing it.
Speaker 6: With specifically an evening garden party.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 6: You guys, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just covered and insecticide, so I don't get it.
Speaker 2: You know that kind of charisma?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, The daily Zeitgeist is the production of iHeartRadio for more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then Bye.