Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hi, Hi, Hi. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 3: We're doing okay, thanks, Yeah, we're doing all right.
Speaker 2: Sending my love to all of you. You've been in my thoughts.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: So Danielle you have a home office that you always recorded that because everybody should know that. Danielle has her own podcast called Talk Scary to me.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you were so fucking hysterical on.
Speaker 3: By the way, thank you. I was on one.
Speaker 2: Your son made it great him being there for us to talk. Naughty was like, yeah, did you guys ever see the episode when Holly when Holly came on my show live? I think we were in were in Orlando?
Speaker 3: Where were we?
Speaker 4: I think it was Mega con Or? No, No, no, it was uh.
Speaker 3: SPC CAMPI I had no idea this happened. Really, Oh my god, I'm going to be listening. No, I'm going to be listening to this immediately.
Speaker 2: Oh it was so good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and Finley was in the audience, so yeah, yeah, stuff happened.
Speaker 2: He was like, I do not And she said something like do you know how many sticky socks I found on your floor? That was yeah.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm gonna just leave now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he walked out of the auditorium. He was he literally left the building.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that was a real high point for him, just his mom talking about his sticky socks.
Speaker 4: Literally stiff, they were stiff, and but literally as he walked out of the auditorium, I see like he follows Danielle and Scout immediately on Instagram, and I was like, oh, really, really I know that cue Oh yeah you did, Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 4: Just when I say, hey, it's you know, the kids grow up and they're just fine.
Speaker 3: It's they're normal. But maybe let's not use the term sticky socks ever again.
Speaker 4: I still have two teenagers in the house, so I collecting sticky socks all over the place. And actually Finley is around here somewhere lurking. See, I'm trying to work from home today. We're going to see how it's going to go for me because I've got too many dogs and too many kids here.
Speaker 2: So I have no animals and no children home.
Speaker 3: Oh see, you're so lucky.
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't say that. It was my inside.
Speaker 3: Voice, my god, speaking of Scout though.
Speaker 4: So Scout and Danielle are like the best of best friends, and you were her brid her made of honor at her wedding.
Speaker 2: Made of honor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, recently, and everybody should know Scout Taylor Thompson, who plays one of our fairies and a couple.
Speaker 2: Of how many how long ago? She was in the first season too?
Speaker 4: Yeah she was teeny tiny. I mean she was so young when she did the show. And actually we talk a lot thought about that and what her experience was on set in their podcast, which was really cool. But how old were you when you started acting?
Speaker 2: I was How old was I first jump to? Really?
Speaker 1: Like eight?
Speaker 2: Eight or nine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: At nine, I was already on a soap opera New York. So I started like commercials and you know, little little things before then, right I did?
Speaker 4: I did as well. I just found in like a box like this Energizer battery preant ad that I did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, shut up, you know what I just found. That's fucking weird. I just found a tide ad that I had done of me jumping rope tie. It was a magazine I like, like you used to get them in like the I guess the Sunday Papers, right, they.
Speaker 3: Still do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like they were like coupons. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So I actually I still don't know this story. So did you and Scout meet on Halloween?
Speaker 2: We met on Halloween. She was having a hard time getting the job because nobody wanted her but Rob basically, and you know, they wanted to go with I think Britney Snow or somebody, somebody that just wouldn't have been the same kind of vibe. And Rob was like, nope, nope, nope, I want her. But she had to screen test a couple times and then it was like yes, no, yes, no. So we met there. But she was seventeen turning and yeah, seventy each turned eighteen on set, and I was thirty thirty or thirty one. So we were playing best friends. But there was still that pretty big age gap between us, and there still is now. It's just gotten closer as she's gotten older. So we weren't really friends. We were cool with each other and like, hey, girl, what's up, what's up? You know, hugs, kisses, that kind of stuff. Are you good, how's your life, what's happening? You know, Doggie's good? Okay, cool? We didn't become friends until COVID really where I just invited her over to my house because I was trying to do you know, stuff online, trying to make the time go by and create content, and I'm not very good at a lot of that stuff. So so she came over and uh, we just had a good rapport with one another, and we started chatting and we were watching Halloween together. And my idea was to watch actors like kind of like watch alongs, like what you guys are doing essentially, but I was doing it with my friends that I had never seen their movies before. So you know, I know Kane hadd he's like my he was like my uncle in real life. But I've never seen his friend at the thirteenth movies, so you know, we're in them, We're not really watch them that much. So I would have them over to my house and we'd watch the movie together. And we just happened to I have Scout come over and we watched the Halloween movie together and we were like, whoa, there's a different kind of energy here. And my husband's like, you should do a podcast. We're like, what's a podcast? What does that mean? What do we have to do oh, I don't have to get dressed and go out anywhere. Amazing. So we just started doing it, and we wanted to do like non horror movie stuff because we were getting asked the same shit over and over again as you guys do, and we just thought, there's got to be more to this than than what we're doing. So we just made it about sex and love and and things that are scary to talk about essentially, but within our community of people that you know, there's some interesting folks that may need a little push in the right direction and love department here and there in our in our little world. So if space where they could they could feel comfortable and also get to know a part of us that wasn't the same stuff they've been you know, that's been talked about for years.
Speaker 4: I had no idea there was such a big age gap between you two, Like you both seem like the same age by the way.
Speaker 2: I love that, you know, and She's like, I mean I could definitely. It feels like I'm her mom slash older sister, Like I'm kind of a little bit of both. I think as some super protective over her. I was telling her the other day that she's not going to my therapist that I was I had gone to for fifteen years twice a week, and I started with her when I was in my early thirties and she just changed my world and saved my life. And so I had Scout go to her, and now she goes to her every week as well, and I'm seeing the changes in her that I saw in myself in the beginning of therapy. But it's almost at like an accelerated pace because my therapist back then had never had a child actor, you know, patient before, so I sort of was she was learning along with me, and then now she, you know, has fifteen years of experience working with me, so she gets to use that on Scout. So Scouts and like the accelerated program, so she's she's getting all the good stuff at a much faster rate. And it's cool to like sit back and watch her become something that I know she could be but just needed a little, you know, a little bit of a push.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I love that, and it just reminds me, you know, as you know, my world was turned upside down in the last two months. But Scout called me and she was directing her movie and she called me and wanted me to play a therapist in it, and I just couldn't get myself together in time to do it, and I just I'm kicking myself still.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll find work for you, Holly, do sure worry, we will find it. We are doing so many things together. It's one of those things where like we're you know, we're about to direct and start a movie together that we that was Scout's idea. So we've been working on and we're going to shoot it in November, and it's that like, oh God, who, what friend do you want to make that call to say I love you? It's only scale. I promise you'll have so much fun. And you know, we get those calls and we're like, ah, fuck, okay, fine, okay, we'll do it. We'll do it. But so we're doing three movies back to back. Ideally we're going to start our first one in November. So we're going down our list of all of our friends that we could call in favors for to play opposite us, and oh, you will be on there. I'm sure all of you will be.
Speaker 4: I will make it up to both of you.
Speaker 3: I swear that's amazing by the way that you guys are doing that. What's the first one? Like, what's the plot, what's the if?
Speaker 2: It is basically like a Hills Have Eyes. It's like, you know, yeah, it's her and I are getting married to each other in it, and it's uh, we were taking a road trip to Vegas essentially to this like taj Mahal of Nevada to get married. This horrible it's actually a space in La called the Pink Motel. I'm sure you guys are probably filmed there at some point or another. So we go there and of course, you know, we get trapped in the compound with the freaky, fucking weird people and and all hell breaks loose and there's a crazy twist at the end of it. So I mean, it'd be fun. We were going to find a director, and then we were like, we can just like, we can just do this together. We don't really need someone to direct us. We just need a really good producer, really good first at the monitor that tells us that we got what we needed if we're in the scenes together, and if we're not, then and you know we are, one of us is behind the camera, so we feel like we can we can just do it. I mean teeny tiny, like you know, three hundred thousand dollars budget, you know nine days. Shoot, we're just gonna the best. I'm going to do it ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly what you should be doing. And it's it's what you said, you nailed it. It's really important to Like, when I've been directing and I put myself in it, you have to have someone behind the monitor that you trust that you can just look up and we got it, or like just go again. And once you have that, it can gives you the freedom and you realize very quickly that you are capable of doing being both in front and behind the camera.
Speaker 2: And I love prep and I love post. I can't function during production to like I need to remember my lines, Like I need to show up and just sort of do my thing and I can sort of watch what's going on, but I can't put out fires and I can't handle that kind of stuff. I can't make those decisions when I'm when I need to focus on in the moment where I love, like put me in the editing room all day, put me in to do the score. I'm down to fucking color correct like I love that stuff. Pre production, I want to do all the wardrobe Like, I've got all the design sheets, We've done it, We've done everything. Scout just loves to be like in the director seat on set, so you know, I get it. I'm like, it's cool. I think cause I have maybe because I have kids now, it's like I don't really have the brain capacity or space to like hold all of that stuff. So we make a good team working together, and it could be you know, and we've been working together on the podcast now for three years, so and I've we've only gotten closer, you know, being her maid of honor. Went from like barely talking to being her maid of honor in a very short period of time. So so I think we've got each other's back and we'll see, hopefully we'll still be friends afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually very much like Shannon and I's dynamic was, is that she wanted to be in the director's seat. She wanted to be in the hot seat and answering all the questions, whereas I wanted to do all the behind the scenes stuff. And I was that other person that could say, no, you're good, you got it. And it's really cool to see you guys do this for each other.
Speaker 2: You know, it's I feel like there are some being a kid actor and also just being an actress in general. You know, there's so much competition and weird things people have with one another, and I feel like it's really rare that you find your competition essentially, like who you would go up against all the time, and who you would need to need to beat out in order to feed you know, your family or yourself or whatever, and to combine powers together and and not. You know, like when Scout gets a job, I'm sincerely and genuinely so fucking happy for her, Like all I want is nothing but success, and I don't feel like that's a very common thing with people that are competitive in business. So I definitely see the similarities. And you know, seeing all your pictures and I've got so many, and I had, you know, other actress friends that I've grown up with that were also considered, you know, competition against me. That also I've got along for the ride and support it and tried to make things happen together. And it doesn't happen very easily, and it doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 3: But that's the kind of energy that this we should be fostering and nurturing more as opposed to being pitted against each other. Yeah, you know, because I think so much like this industry is so brutal, and it's so tough, and you can never you can the ebbs and flows and the highs and lows are it's so drastic.
Speaker 2: You can just accomplish so much more together. It takes so much core work to go against one another. I say tell that to my kids all the time, Like, you, guys, your life would be so much easier if you just worked together instead of against each other. Even in like Fortnite or whatever shit they're playing in there, it's like you're on the same fucking team, Like why are you screaming through the walls at each other? And why are you smirking? And you're killing him like that's your brother. And then it's like, well with that kid, you know booted him off, why don't you kick that. It's like this, I don't understand. It makes me crazy, Like you could take over the world and you're going to need each other one day, so stop, Like from you know, my kids are only eighteen months apart, so it's that I don't know how far apart your boys are, but I know they're going to be best friends. Two and a half years, they're going to be best friends or you know, or Drew, do you have any siblings?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: We were.
Speaker 3: The problem with that is we were a guy older, she's four years younger, So like, there's not a lot of you have in common if you're a sixteen year old guy and a twelve year old girl. Yeah, it just doesn't like And so every time I moved to a school, she was entering that school that I had just left, and so we didn't have that kind of interaction of like that closeness. I think four years is just a little bit too. I mean, I love her and we get along great, but it's not like I have that insane beautiful dynamic Like we didn't do anything, have any similarities or like interests, like we just there was not a relatable kind of time or wretch.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, people keep telling me it gets easier, and mine are now fifteen, seventeen and twenty and literally I had to have this very passionate discussion with them last night of not fighting and not fucking fighting and not.
Speaker 2: Fighting Still still do?
Speaker 3: They keep telling me they do.
Speaker 4: Occasionally it'll like I'll see when it's about to get to that point, and that's that's when I step in, which yep, that happened last night. So here we are.
Speaker 2: What could they fight over? I mean, they just bicker.
Speaker 3: They bicker like old ben roommates. Like it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They just bicker, and they bicker in the car, and they bicker at home, and they bicker at dinner like they just it's the Bickersons all the time.
Speaker 3: Do they swap socks?
Speaker 4: God? I hope not.
Speaker 2: Oh god. So my kid is asking me a lot of stuff though that I feel like he's two. He's seven. So my older one, my younger one, is not asking any of that stuff yet, but he is looking at like nude sort of busty girls on the internet. So I had to go into his like parental controls and YouTube and change it to like make sure that horrible things weren't happening on his little account.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 2: That's my five year old. My seven year old is watching it and I don't know what he's watching because he's wearing headphones because he's super smart. But he's the one asking me, like, mom, what is it when when it's a girl's time of the month.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, They're just exposed to so.
Speaker 2: Much more, too much right, Like it's I feel like it's like I didn't ask that stuff, or you know that I'm in a relationship where I broke she broke up with me, or mom, I know what sex is? You know, like stuff that's like wait a second, is this YouTube or is this kids or camp? Or like I don't remember being seven being like this.
Speaker 4: Now they learned to turn off those parental controls as well. They totally figure it out. So you have to do it like periodically over and over again, which reminds me I have to check my seventeen year olds because I'm still gonna check it. He's under eighteen, I'm still going to change it back watch me, I'd be like, thirteen, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what the fuck they're watching. And then my older ones let my younger ones like, oh mommy, someone gave me. Oh my sorry. It was my older one that said, oh, I have to check them. Let me know when you go check the mail, I've got to check the mail. And I was like, what are you checking the mail for? What are You're not getting anything of the house? What are you checking the mail for He's like, oh, my friend on fortnite said he's going to send me something. I said, how does he know? How does he know where you live? He's like I told him, I'm like, okay, okay, okay, and god he doesn't really know, you know. But it's like wait, wait, so yeah, but I don't want to be that mom. But I want to be that mom.
Speaker 3: But now I understand why people leave, like and kind of move to an island or move out of like a big city. I had a bunch of friends who left New York proper and moved up like upstate, up the Hudson to kind of try to contain it will still find you everywhere you go. Like just that's the nature of the world and where we're at right now on Internet and just the access, the instant access to anything and everything you can imagine. But like to kind of slow down life just enough to like try to preserve just enough innocence and keep them sheltered. I don't know if that's the right word, but just away from all the things that are just going to be waiting and knocking down the door. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's better, though. I mean, it's like I grew up as one of those kids where all the kids came to my house. You know, we were fourteen, drinking and playing pool and we had everything. My mom was like, if you're gonna you're gonna do it, so bring them out of here. And you know, a whole bunch of actor kids would roll out with their zemas and you know, packed into cars and we would just play pool and video games and like smoke Marlboro lights and like you know, talk shit, and nobody talked about what they were fucking working on. Nobody was looking at their phones, even though you know, we had a little teeny I had a little red Nokia remember those that you could like text with one hand. It was like ABCD FGHI, and it was that little thing we could all do with our eyes clubs while we were driving drunk with one eye over Laurel Canyon at two twenty in the morning, where we fucking totally shouldn't have and don't know where we're parked the next morning when we woke up. But you know, like stop talking about life prop our lives, right, I mean, we've all been there, so I don't know where that tangent came from.
Speaker 3: But are you from La?
Speaker 2: I'm from New York, but I was. I moved to LA when I was thirteen, so I lived there until two years ago. So I'm a little bit of both. But I I went to New York last week. There's a movie of mine that actually came out today called Stream and it's done by the same guys that do the Terrifier series. Pretty Much everybody's in at Dee Wallas and I love her. She's the sweetest. She's the sweetest. It's like, I mean, like every you know horror person that you've probably worked with or know it from, you know shows is in the movie. So we're going to get a nice week theatrical release and hopefully hopefully it does very very well. So yees originally from New York and then LA and now now Texas.
Speaker 3: How is Texas?
Speaker 2: It is fucking hot.
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's hot in La. You guys don't have humidity though, Are you Austin based? I'm Austin right It's bad.
Speaker 4: There was like a there was like a heat warning last night till nine pm, nine pm.
Speaker 2: Wait where are you, Holly?
Speaker 4: I have a house in Texas outside of Austin in between Austin and San Antonio.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. Yeah, it's it's gnarly. It's gnarlely here. But it just became summer like hot. It just became that over one hundred degree heat.
Speaker 4: Yep, just getting hotter.
Speaker 2: We're like old people talking about the weather.
Speaker 3: Totally are you doing? It's the humidity, they say, it's going to be hot all week? The humidity.
Speaker 4: God, it's the heat.
Speaker 2: How many episodes have you guys done so far?
Speaker 3: This was let's call it eight? Ah.
Speaker 2: I thought, what I feel like you guys were doing more or you were you were not well every week.
Speaker 3: Well, what happened was.
Speaker 4: Shannon joined us and so we started again from the beginning and she was able to do five of them. So well.
Speaker 3: Rewatching it, by the way, this morning, you were phenomenal and I think I told you that last time, but doubling down, you're so good and like you played immediately, like you fell in line immediately with the girls, and you're dynamic with them and kind of acting as like a foil. And the way you kind of manipulated Phoebe Ilyssa's character in the show, it was it was such a joy to watch you work and like, I just thought you were you were awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. I I uh, you know, it's scary coming onto a show like that because it was so I mean even then, I remember auditioning for it, and I think it was was this the fourth or fifth episode and you guys had just like maybe had two air or one air and you had had blown up already. Was like everybody was talking about it. So going into the audition, I was like, oh, please, please, please. But I was working on a movie at the time that I was doing night shoots for, so but I was like, I don't care. I don't care. I'll fucking I'll do it. I'll go and I can work two jobs and I'll go during the day and then I'll go at night and thinking, not thinking, and I ended up getting the job and then got to set and I went I think I was telling you guys this last time I went to for my makeup and wardrobe fitting and makeup and hair tests, and I was like, oh, makeup and hair test. That's weird. Never had to do that before. And went into the trailer and they were like, oh, we're gonna have to dye your hair. I was like, you're gonna have to dye my hair, Like we're gonna have to dye your hair red. We're gonna do it, you know, fiery red. I was like, I'm in the middle. I'm in the middle of working on a movie, Like I can't just dye my hair. And then they wanted to, like, you know, put some kind of rinse out thing in. I was like, no, you don't understand, Like I'm gonna I'm going like from here like tomorrow, like I wrap at six, I'm gonna go at seven to a movie that I've already started and I'm in the middle of shooting. So they ended up slicking my hair back. It was really short at the time. But I came on and they were like, you guys, you all look too much alike you just you can't look like them.
Speaker 4: And you would think that would be a good thing, but it was such a spelling thing to have somebody distinctly different from the other that it was. It was a silly protocol.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 2: And when then when I saw the script name, because of course I just had the size. I don't think I even had the script yet until like the day before or so, and the title of the episode is the fourth sister m So I was like, it was perfect the way that it was totally you know, we're like five three ish bunch of brunettes, like you know, nice ladies and good skin at the time, so I was like, this is perfect. And uh yeah, so we we slicked my hair bag, which worked because she was sort of a goth you know, goth kind of character. Uh that was really popular during that time. And uh yeah it was. It was really fun. But I will never ever do that ever again. I will never work two jobs.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean I had, like I think I rewatched episode. I saw some of it on TV not too long ago, but I didn't get see the whole thing, and I had forgotten how many scenes I had. It was a lot as a guest star, like I had a lot.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was working more than you guys were, and then maybe because I was just tired.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I can't let this go. It's five three ish code for five to one five five. A bunch of five three ish girls running around. That's just so everyone knows that they're all five feet tall.
Speaker 2: They are all taller than me.
Speaker 3: So in fact, I'm watching they're all wearing foods platforms.
Speaker 2: I stand up in my five in platforms and people still go, oh my god, you're so small. And I'm like, if you if I I even took my shoes off, you would be like, oh my god, do I seem small in person? I don't feel like when I'm around you don't seem small either.
Speaker 3: Because you guys are the same height. So it's like he's like looking into a mirror, going, we're giants. Well, of course you guys are giants, because you're just looking at each other.
Speaker 1: I get a lot of people that come up to me and think, oh my gosh, I thought you were so much taller. Oh get because I've been around the girls so much and I look, you know, They're like, wow, we thought you were so much bigger.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, no, no, they're they're sure.
Speaker 2: I could never understand why someone's shocked at how small I am because all the people that I play against are like seven feet tall. So it's surprised that place.
Speaker 3: In the horror genre, right, like you know, having a bigger like shooting a like like Michael Myers from that viewpoint, looks like he's twelve feet too. Larger than life, scary, and then you it's like from a it just aesthetically it plays perfectly.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why I've always worked in horror movies. Correct, I thought my size was against me all those years when I was a No.
Speaker 1: It's it's your ability to a vulnerability you showed, like even as in this character of you know, you're this tough girl and the whole attitude, and I get it that went with the zimas and the Marrol lights, but you know, the vulnerability you brought on the other side of that of why you know she was looking for a friend?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably through a lot of your characters being able to show, you know, I'm hard, but I'm also this. I wonder did they was there a possibility of coming back and being the fourth sister or was this always going to be a one off?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm sure I had hoped and dreamed after seeing the title, like, oh my god, this could turn into something, but no was never no never discussed before. But I never thought about that. Brian, that like, because I always play the same kind of roles. I've always anytime I would get a script and it was like a tough girl or what you know, a bad girl or whatever. I was always like, Oh, I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna get it, I'm gonna get it. So when I read this, I was like, I'm going to get this, and then I never really thought about it. But in real life, I'm sort of you know, I'm very sensitive and very you know, little girl inside, but there's still that Maybe it's the New Yorker thing too. It's a little bit of maybe a little bit of both or being kid actor having to like protect myself, you know, growing up in this business.
Speaker 1: I feel like that thing how you fit in so well with the other girls because you know, I know Holly has had, Shannon had that. I mean all the girls did, you know, they're it's kind of the same. You guys will step on our throats for not careful, so it's like okay, but but then you're vulnerable at the same time, and it's like I love you, So it's like, okay, there's something to be learned here, you know, tough exterior, let me take care of business, and yet I'm a real person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's appreciated for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that's you know, like I was saying earlier, not even knowing what a podcast was a few years ago. I've gotten a chance to know a lot of people that I have known but didn't really know over the last couple of years, and being able to listen to everybody and getting getting to hear them, There's been a different kind of connection for me than seeing stuff that they post. I remember when Instagram first came out and I was like, this is stupid. Who's going to look at pictures all day? Like it's like a polaroid? Is that what this is supposed to be? You know? And then you're like, oh, wait a minute, this is turning into something else, and then turns into something else. So being able to see even you know, all of us, being able to hear and see and and create that is super cool to get to know everybody. So I guess maybe that's why I played all those tough girls all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh look dogs and kids.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe she was so funny on that episode.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I got to listen to that.
Speaker 2: I was scared to ask her because I was like, she doesn't want to come and do a live show? Oh at the convention, after you know, signing and being around people all day like Friday, you know, or it was think it was Saturday at like eight o'clock, Like, I don't want to ask her. So of course Scout was like, I'm going to ask her, and then she was gonna do it. I was like, thank God, thank god, because you know, we go to the shows and we're doing the lot, we're doing what you're doing live there, we're selling tickets and we don't really know if we're going to just do it us or we're going to get to pull somebody on and uh and oh, here we go. He's gonna tell us.
Speaker 4: About everything's totally normal.
Speaker 2: Totally normal.
Speaker 3: What's buddy?
Speaker 2: We're seeing how we I might have traumatized you. Your mom might have traumatized you.
Speaker 3: That was not your fault, that was her fault.
Speaker 2: It's just oversharing about being jack hammered on the on the kitchen island, right.
Speaker 3: She actually said that, Huh Jesus jack hammered on the island. You know, none of us need to hear that.
Speaker 2: No, especially not me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Is that a mustache? It's getting there?
Speaker 1: Broke.
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to uh? Are you allowed to be in the military? Are you allowed to have a mustache. Yeah, I have to cut it here and here I keep it, keep absolue on. It's so bad, it's amazing. It's not No, it's great grow out.
Speaker 2: Does it grow on your gin? Just fluffy on the top or this is the style.
Speaker 4: It's just fluffier on the top.
Speaker 3: This is I never.
Speaker 1: Been.
Speaker 3: It's all soft. I got through mine.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 3: It looks fluffy, but it's coarse. I encourage this, damn. You can't know, dude me, and then come on and be rocking it like you're rocking. This is a choice, that is a serious choice that you have committed to and just own it. It's sick. I think you're more committed to it than I am. I don't even have one right now.
Speaker 4: You're committed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drew. Can you grow facial hair all over? Does it fill in? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's crazy Like I shaved an hour ago, clean and already has like wow, some scruff gone?
Speaker 2: What about you? Brian?
Speaker 3: It takes it.
Speaker 1: This is about where it gets to and if I grow like I've let it go for a couple of months and you'll see like it only grows so I can't get this. It just like it goes in everywhere, but it's it's all gray and it doesn't get very long. So it's kind of this is the best effort.
Speaker 3: It's the stash. Oh, it's great, best foot forward and it's working.
Speaker 2: Is that like a family thing? Like with guys, how do you know like how your beard's going to come in? Because it's different for everybody. So what is that based on? Is that like a genetics thing?
Speaker 1: Is that my son has a beard to hear? Oh shit, okay, I mean like he's got it's like it's full.
Speaker 2: So it's not genetics.
Speaker 3: It's not me. I'm yeah, I'm kind of hairless.
Speaker 2: The mom's father because isn't that what they say like about like the missing your hair if your if the mom's father has hair, you'll be okay or something like that. I don't know. My mom could put my mom's play making that up.
Speaker 3: It's an old wives tale because you can have two you can have two sons from the same parents and one son is bald and the other one has this like full head of hair hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hmm, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think like all your babies don't have your hairline. No, another two the other two are receding you, like yes.
Speaker 4: You just have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same parents, the other two are receding, and he's the oldest.
Speaker 2: Brothers you're the oldest.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really going to take so like that, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: When they're like thirty, it's wraps. Oh oh that's incredible. See it's a it's a it's a crapshoot. I did one of those twenty three and me's yes, me too, and they one of the things that came back was like, oh you because obviously they don't have a photo of you, or maybe they do, but they're like I had a fifty percent chance being bawled by like thirty two. Like ballow, it was a coin flip. Oh jeez, thank god.
Speaker 2: I found a first cousin on twenty three.
Speaker 3: Oh way yeah, the time to be alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, I wonder how many marriages this is ruined. But I found a first cousin who ended up contacting me, and he was his mother. I was like, your mother or your father is my aunt or uncle? And I knew that it wasn't well, I didn't know whose side it was. One of my grandparents one of my grandpa's cheated apparently, so it was on my dad's side. But the mess up thing is everyone in my my dad's side, they've all passed. My dad, my uncle, my aunt are all gone. And then so I have this first cousin, which his mom essentially would be my aunt half right right, which would be the only relative that I have left on my dad's side of the family. And this cousin on twenty three and me doesn't talk to his mom anymore. They don't have a talking relationship, so he wouldn't get in touch with her for me. So I was like, oh my god. And then of course I told him my name, and then he was like, holy shit, I watch your movies. Oh my god, you're my like was freaked out that I was his cousin. It was crazy. He lives in Staten Island. I don't know. It was weird. Twenty three that was insane.
Speaker 3: That is weird. Yeah, I'm scared to go on. Unfortunately we have to wrap this up. But you were the most lovely to talk to. Thank you so much for coming back and chatting.
Speaker 2: Her clastomers sending you guys my love. Just know I'm thinking about you.
Speaker 3: Really appreciating. Best of luck with Tell everybody again where stream Yes.
Speaker 2: Stream is out in theaters today for the week. Check your local listings and then catch Talk Scary to Me. It's our podcast, where podcasts can be found.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, Thanks guy, and good luck on that film.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much