Speaker 1: Wind Down with Javin Kramer and Michael Coffin and I'm her radio podcast The Black Market and Nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird because I feel like, oh, sorry, before we started this episode, I was showing everyone my nails over zoom because I just got my nails done and very festive, might iadd very christmasy.
Speaker 3: But you didn't even get them done. You got them did?
Speaker 2: I got them did? But Mark and them we're saying that there's no nail salons. I forgot that. You guys are in full lockdown in La pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to get your hair done, you got to go to some back alley, your garage somewhere where somebody will do it on the down low.
Speaker 2: I just, I mean, I don't know. It's I just I don't know. It just sucks. I mean because we're not really going out out. I mean we've we've we're doing a few things for the kids, but we're limiting like who we see. But I feel like when we when I do do the nails, and I guess that's going out. But I mean, you know, you're wearing the mask and you're like, is this really doing anything? But I still wear it and honestly, now, I kind of love the mask because it's cold, so I like, I find myself like leaving Whole Foods or wherever and still have the mask on because I'm like, this is actually kind of cozy, Like I like it. So I'm complying with no issues because it's freezing in Nashville right now. Yeah, finally, everything is so cold. And we just had our hvat guy because our poor son's room is uh he woke up. I mean literally like like he's the only house like the only room in the house where it's you walk in and it's like fifty degrees and I've just some like listen, people, you've come five times now, I'm like, you are not leaving until there is warm air blowing out of my son's vent And they're like, just leave the door open, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, that's not the right answer. Fix it now, poor little guy. I wish I could sleep out there some days because it's so chilly and I love it, go for it. But I think we have it text hopefully we'll find out tonight.
Speaker 2: It's whenever I hear that people don't sleep in the same room, it makes me sad, But at the same time, I'm like, that's because they're maybe not connected. But I would be fine if we like did our thing in bed and cuddled and then it's like okay, good night, and then like you go to the other room. Because I really like to spread out, you know, like I really like to just like starfishes when she Yeah, I don't like to just be, you know, just in the corner. So sometimes it's really nice when we get into a fight and I'm like, they go to the other room.
Speaker 4: A lot of new homes are being built with two master bedrooms.
Speaker 5: It's a definite trend in this direction.
Speaker 2: But I feel like that could be bad though, too, unless like if you're not having the connection time before you go to the other room, does that make sense? Like I know a couple that doesn't do any connection time before they go to their separate suites. I mean it kind of makes sense, Like, you know, I do like having someone next to me though, but every once in a while it's maybe like hey, every Monday, like you don't sleep in bed.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not opposed, but the whole trend of this being a thing, I mean, that's just dividing.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't seem.
Speaker 3: That's Yeah, that's just putting a bigger wedge in relationships and monogamy, I feel like, because even sometimes it's those things where you go to bed and just knowing the other person's right next to you. Otherwise it might feel like an apartment, you know what I mean. If like you go to the other room and you have this whole other setup and every night you're pretty much doing your own routine, that'll just feel weird.
Speaker 5: That's why I take a lot of comfort in her being there.
Speaker 4: That's why I say I don't like sleeping alone, because I really like looking over and having her next to me. But to underscore my point, Architectural Digest this year called it the hottest new trend in home building double master bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a fresh topic. We didn't even know we were going to get onto. That's so interesting, you know, yeah, definitely interesting. But then when I say that I could fall asleep cut like laying on top of you, Like I love cuddling and falling asleep, but that's not really your thing. So I've kind of morphed into like, okay, like you can go then if you want.
Speaker 3: If I can't cut and fall asleep when you I'm out.
Speaker 2: I want to starfish get out of their room.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting. What is this? According to a twenty seventeen survey from the National Sleep Foundation, almost one in four married coupled sleep and separate bedrooms.
Speaker 2: I don't. I bet it's probably like because they're I will say this, I if you snored, I could not sleep in the same room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right back at you, Like I'd be like, you have.
Speaker 2: To leave because that would just be or if you I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to story.
Speaker 2: Okay, mister e snore, wait more.
Speaker 3: But if I do, it's because I'm really, really, really, really really tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My two roommates in college once we're all was off campus, so the way our townhouse was set up, all was on the main floor. We had a basement, and their two rooms were across from each other, above me, and they both snore so bad you would think they're faking it right, Like it was literally like you can't be asleep. There's no way they're asleep because the story is that bad. And they would be and it's like they would compete with each other out here one in one room. You'd be loud. The other one would get louder and just escalate. And my room's underneath them. This is college housing, right, so it's not like you can hear everything in every room. And I would get upset with them. I oufter go upstairs and wake their asses up, because I'm like, I can hear you downstairs, like, stop snoring. Wake them up, so I could try to go back downstairs fall asleep before they start storing again. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Is it like your vomiting noise? Like it's so overdone that like it's like I'm vaking it. It's like you're vaking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyways, let's take a break and I have another topic I want to bring up. Oh, okay, So the topic I want to bring up. I've read something on this recently. I didn't really read any like facts.
Speaker 2: About it or I didn't really read it, but I read, but just the.
Speaker 3: Topic of it was interesting to me. And what was something that you used to hate that now you love running? Running? Yeah that was easy. Yeah, scary movies and in the course of our relationship, like I've hated them, but I want to watch them more. One thing I refuse to what happens to like mustard.
Speaker 2: No, never, oh never. We are a no mustard house. No mustard is allowed. If we have burgers. We even say to people, b yo, m because we will not have it.
Speaker 3: No, we do not purchase. We do not waste hard earn money on mustard. But you know, another one for you is that I thought you're gonna say it's beats.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well okay, I didn't know like food anything. Oh right, but that's not where like my mind didn't go to like food, you know. Ye, No, I like love beats now. I used to hate beats. Now I like. But they say your taste buds and I could be wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, Becky, But your taste buds change every seven years, so something that you might so maybe mustard. I mean, we don't know, never refuse. But I didn't think I would like beats. And then all of a sudden I had this make this beat carrot goat cheese thing and it was the best thing I ever had in my entire life. And now I have it. I almost have it.
Speaker 3: Anytime I go to the store. She's like, don't forget to get my beats. Like she's like like like she's loved them. For ten years. It's just like you forgot my beats. You know, my mom has got to have her beats. I'm like, you just started liking them yesterday.
Speaker 2: Anything you guys can think of for.
Speaker 6: Me, cooking in general, I was not confident in it for the very long time, and just this year I got to be feeling good about it and I really enjoy it, and it's something I really like.
Speaker 2: So just cooking, cooking, I like it.
Speaker 5: Mine is musicals.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: My wife brings it up sometimes because when we first got together, I was like, no way, no, how Once I started singing, I'm out. Now I find them delightful. They bring me great joy. And maybe part of it is my daughter is so in the broad Away and whatnot. But I feel like the transition had already started before that. I really enjoy a good musical.
Speaker 3: Is there one in particular that kind of what do you remember the first one that you're like, hmm, it's not that bad?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Wicked was probably a pretty big turning point for me because I thought that was pretty spectacular.
Speaker 3: And you saw the Broadway show.
Speaker 5: In La the Pantagious, Yeah, major, Can you.
Speaker 2: Here's my question? Can you watch them on like a movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, I loved La La Land.
Speaker 3: We couldn't get through the first like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, which is okay, maybe we should go back and watch Lalla Land. I mean we didn't. We ended within yeah, like five minutes. We're like, not a thing.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say that, though, Mark, because literally last night.
Speaker 2: Whatever night we were fighting last night.
Speaker 3: Or the night before, I don't know, it's sorry to keep track. Yeah, I'm a gambling man. Good odds here, Jana. I was on my phone. Jana comes in and starts going on Netflix and turns on the prom with James Corbt or what's the name Corbyn and Meryl Streep and all them turns it on.
Speaker 2: As the minute that I didn't know what it was about. I just was like, oh, Meryl Street, Nicole kidman, I have a story about that, by the way, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: And as soon as they get to like the third note of the opening song, she clicks out of it next.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I can't do this. But today when I was running on the treadmill and I was like, ugh, like I got nothing else to do while I'm running, I'll watch it. It's hilarious, really, Ryan Murphy. Have you seen it?
Speaker 4: No, but I'd like to wait, is it appropriate like my daughter if I love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about this girl who is lesbian take a same section with girls and wants to take her partner to the prom and they cancel prom and so they make this huge deal about it. And then the Broadway stars because Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman and James Corbyn are these Broadway stars but their showed is really bad, so they're trying to redeem theirselves. But the numbers are hilarious, like they're they're making jokes about like just Broadway in general, and then just other things. It's really funny. I'm like, I actually kind of want to go back. And because I was, I'm out there after we got into a fight this morning, I'm like out there like wiping tears and going, oh, this is actually really funny.
Speaker 3: Going from laughing and crying, crying to laughing.
Speaker 2: So I was like, this is actually really good. So I want to actually want to watch it with you, because I think you would laugh at some of the parts because they're like, it's just funny.
Speaker 3: I'll watch it. I never have have had anything against musicals, Broadway shows, I love I have always have huge fan of them. I'll go to any Broadway show. Book of Mormon is one.
Speaker 2: The Mormons is our favorite.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 3: Tears belly laughing when we went and saw that. We saw that at Pantages.
Speaker 2: And if anyone goes, yeah to Pantages. I don't know if Broadways shoes are Are they even open right now? Oh it's gut wrenching. We're in a pandemic news flash, reality check. Yeah. Crazy, But Book of Mormons is by far my favorite. I mean I was like bawling, crying.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Love Jersey Boys, I mean Hamilton. I just sat on Disney Plus and it was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: So we were going to get tickets to Hamilton, but it was too expensive. I was like, I can't, Okay, is it still it's good over because it's long.
Speaker 8: Right, it is long.
Speaker 5: But I really enjoyed it on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: We had tickets for it this past July or whatever, and then all got canceled.
Speaker 5: So my daughter was pretty devastating about that. So we're gonna hopefully check it out once everything's up and running again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have an appointment. Uh uh what No, I just said we have an appointment.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, an appointment to talk to the doctor.
Speaker 9: Yeah about number.
Speaker 2: Three, Mark, what are you doing. It's just a conversation.
Speaker 3: We're just weighing options.
Speaker 4: But you both seem interested and excited, Like I don't see any kind of bristling on either side.
Speaker 2: It was actually I wanted one, he didn't, and then I was like fine, and then it was once I felt good about it, then he was like I really want another one, and I was like, oh, like what where's this. Where's this coming from.
Speaker 3: It's coming from Jase getting bigger, and.
Speaker 2: But that's the reason not to have a third one. They say like, don't do it because you want baby.
Speaker 3: Trust me, it's no. I know that's what you've been saying. You're like, I want a baby or a puppy.
Speaker 8: Give me.
Speaker 3: The fact that you can weigh the two in the same category is not not.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't want the baby because I'm thinking about it and I'm saying like, I'm not just wanting like a baby. Because the other day we were at you know, we went to see the lights and took the kids sledding, and it's like, man, they're good right now. Can you imagine a third baby, A third kid would be fun, right.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing too. I think that people especially, I mean, you know, people in our situation that might look past the infant stage where it's you know, Jolie is going to be five, Jason's two. They're getting those prime ages of like doing all this stuff right, going to see light shows, going to Christmas things, trying and doing all these fun activities because they both can enjoy it now. And then it's like, if if we end up having a third, we're not going to sacrifice Jolie and Jason's enjoyment. So we're just having to be lugging a third along for the ride.
Speaker 2: Here a kid, take your bottle. Yeah, I love babies though, they're so sweet.
Speaker 3: I see why parents Just the more kids you have, the more lenient you get later on because you're just like whatever here you want to eat now, shore you want to eat later? Whatever, here's some cheerios at it, dude.
Speaker 2: So having o'clock of.
Speaker 3: Nights like fish food just a little bit each day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see though, Mark and Easton and Becky, you guys will be the first to know, I hope.
Speaker 5: So that's exciting. I mean, you got to think about it.
Speaker 4: A family of five is different in terms of restaurants, getting out a roller coaster, in terms of your car, in terms of making Jason the middle child, like, there's all kinds of stuff I think.
Speaker 2: Through here, so I would want two more. Okay, I don't know though it I'll I mean, Becky just said your babysit, so that's good news. She lives in California. A little small, small issue.
Speaker 3: It's fine, you know. The other day too, I had the kids in the morning and I went and ransom errands with them and had both of them, and it was great. The kids were awesome, They behaved. I went took them to home depot and had them on one of like the push cars, and they both sat on there as good as could be. They loved it. They're like tired of the old shopping cart. Just I just got to start taking them to home beepo and pushing them on one of those. And I came back and told Jane. I was like, you know, it was so great having them. They were so good. I was like, but if I were I started picturing if I was holding a car sheet right now, or holding like a baby carrier right now while I'm pushing the other kids, I was like, that would be a lot, It's a lot to think about.
Speaker 4: Well later today we have an email from somebody who's in a similar situation, but they are not on the same page as their spouse.
Speaker 2: Chilli. I don't know though, I mean because we have to just I mean, the other thing to discuss is like I had hyperremess with jas and pretty much Jolie too. I'm mean, I puked all the way and we've had miscarriages, so I'm like, you know, we've even talked about maybe not carrying because if we have one shot at it, my body's probably not the body to carry it with all the miscarriages and you know, so it but yeah, we're just we're just gonna talk about all our options and then put it on the table and drink a lot of wine and then figure it out. You know.
Speaker 3: That's where we do things.
Speaker 2: What's the email? I want it. Let's do that, do it now? Yeah, we don't formats bother me.
Speaker 3: Structure. I want structure.
Speaker 2: Structure.
Speaker 3: Jillian.
Speaker 4: My husband and I have been married for four years and together for ten. We have a two year old daughter, and my husband has recently made it very clear that he doesn't want any more children. I am heartbroken knowing that I will have no more babies and my daughter will not have a sibling.
Speaker 5: When I bring up my disappointment.
Speaker 4: All he says is that it's too much to handle and that he doesn't know what else to say.
Speaker 5: I'm lost. I don't know where to go from here. I love my husband.
Speaker 4: I don't want to split up my family, but I don't think I can accept having an only child without feeling resentful for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: There it is the word I was going to bring up. She's going to be so resentful. And nothing against only children. I mean my cousin's and only child. He's the you know, they turn out fine, but there is something like I that would really be tough for me, because I think, if anything, like it's easier having too because they play together one.
Speaker 3: Hundred per se.
Speaker 2: They entertain each other.
Speaker 3: Once the other one gets to like two years old, they'll sit there and play with each.
Speaker 2: Other, Like we have mad breaks right now with Jason Jolie, Like will we get like sometimes fifteen minutes where they just play together and we're like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we'll go play like Monopoly deal real quick.
Speaker 2: We will. So it's like, and you don't want to be resentful. I mean, I'm not saying to leave your husband, but you need to really tell him.
Speaker 3: Why has a husband say it's too much to handle.
Speaker 2: Just have them listened to this podcast and they'll say, hello, husband, it's not too much to handle. They're going to play together.
Speaker 3: It's not you, it's you're thinking in you're thinking short term. Yeah, husband, you're thinking of I get it, the sleepless nights, that when the babies cry and all that stuff. I get it. Having two is hard. But once you get past us first eighteen months, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Once you get past the first like I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, when they start, oh yeah, when they start sleeping again, it's it's a game changer. But when they're starting to play together, it's not just for our own benefit, but for their benefit to see that. I mean, Jason Joly interact with each other, and Jace just be a little pest little brother and wrestle Jolie.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if I wonder if there's a survey out there where it's like they surveyed single only children and ask them would you have wanted a sibling. I bet you they would say yes. You know, it's almost like you're doing it for the kid too.
Speaker 3: I thought you're going to go a different direction and say they surveyed only children and said how much of how many of you are psychopaths or sociopathic or serial killers or okay, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Carl is an only child, and he's you.
Speaker 3: Know, but I because Uncle Ray is like a brother.
Speaker 2: Right, but he I think maybe he took that role because they wish they would have had more kids, you know, so I think, but you don't want to wait too long. So I feel like, if you have a two year old, they have a two year old, right, you should just be like, listen, buddy. But here's the problem. You don't want him to be resentful that he has another one when he really doesn't want another one. So then it's just going to be resentment ali with both people.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna he'll get over that. He's gonna hold that little baby and he'll be like, all right.
Speaker 5: I think so too.
Speaker 4: But also we're dad's and we have numerous children, so I don't know, and everybody's different. This is a really hard one because she's clearly, according to this email, has given thought to leaving her husband over this, and I wonder if she's communicated that to him.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he realizes.
Speaker 4: How passionate she is about this, because guys like you said thanks short term, Oh it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be a hassle. Yeah, it is gonna be a hassle. But then that hassle is going to be behind you. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think make it clear to.
Speaker 5: Him this is probably a terrible idea. You're welcome to tell me that. Is there a negotiation to be made.
Speaker 2: Here, like I'll have sex with you every day if you give me another baby, like that kind of negotiation, because I had a friend that got a puppy and made that deal and she has not love you boo boo, like she has not done what she's not held up her under the bargain.
Speaker 4: I was thinking more like, ask him what's the biggest house is are going to be and tell him you'll take care of it. And maybe maybe that's a terrible idea, like that should definitely be a team effort. But maybe it's the late night feedings you promise that he doesn't have to deal with it, or maybe he sit in a separate bedroom for the first year. I don't know, but maybe there's a path where you figure out what he's most concerned about and try to alleviate it.
Speaker 3: For I think that's a great idea. Actually, what's your biggest fear about having another and how.
Speaker 2: Can I, you know, help help that, because, like he said, it seems like it's going to be a lot. Well, there you go. You're just saying, what is a lot? Because I can do that and moms can do it all.
Speaker 3: That you can.
Speaker 2: I will say, I appreciate you foolding the kid's laundry. I feel like that's karma for the one out of five hundred times. And I love how you do it too, Like you like make all the noise in the room when you're folding the laundry because you want me to see that you did the kid's laundry. And that was what the most annoying part of the entire thing was. I'm like, wow, honey, you want me to say thank you for the one time out of five hundred that you did the kid's laundry.
Speaker 3: Oh, strategic boys, I did it when she was mad at me.
Speaker 5: What noises are you making?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: How do you make noise?
Speaker 2: Like throwing the clothes?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Just like really yeah, really making long, big arm movements. When he folds our little baby two te pajamas.
Speaker 3: You'd have thought all was folding flags and sheets in here, baby whipping bedcovers and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with kids, jam And I knew what you were doing. You did it on the day that we were fighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like, she can't be that mad at me. I'm doing the kid's laundry.
Speaker 5: Suck it.
Speaker 2: Strategy, boys, what were we even fighting about?
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows, No one ever knows. She comes with a marriage territory, all right. So we have a guest coming up here soon, Leanne Lockin, who a couple of years ago. Yeah, she was. We had her on the show in the early days. And she's a real housewife or was a real housewife of Dallas and she recently left the show. So we're gonna have her on and talk about that.
Speaker 1: Hey, if we're still looking for some fun holiday gift ideas, we had some amazing vendors in our holiday gift boxes that we sent out for iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball and then make some great last minute gift ideas like Card Sharks the game. Just like the hit ABC TV game show, you can now play Card Sharks at home with the official Card Sharks board game from Endless Games. All of the fun of guestimating answers, the quirky qui questions, and hire or lower card guesses. Play solo or in teams with family and friends. Get Card Sharks now at Barnes and Noble Colds or Amazon dot com.
Speaker 8: Teleties Holiday themed hair ties.
Speaker 1: They are the modern scrunchies and the perfect stocking stuffer.
Speaker 8: Shop now at teleties dot com.
Speaker 1: Diddy Reese Cookies are in La Staple and maybe the best cookies you've ever had. There is always a line outside Diddy Reese order delivery at didyrees dot com. Hey, I know you've been getting sick of the masks you've been wearing for months now. While Dancing with the Stars, pro Cheryl Burke and clothing company Bailey Blue created a line of fashionable and comfortable face masks. All twelve unique styles are available at Bailey Blue Clothing dot com. Looking for a holiday dress or a gift for someone special, make Francesca's your holiday shopping destination. With new styles and deals daily, You'll always find something you love at a price you'll love. There's still time shop online at Francisca's dot com, at your local boutique, or in their all new app. You can count on Francisca's You'll something for everyone. This year was all about music for the world's most fashionable dolls Lol Surprise, from the remixed music line to their own music album. They are Extra, they are fierce, and they're the hottest dolls on kids' holiday lifts this year. Lol Surprise dot Com to check them out. Enchant Christmas is where everyone can make magical Christmas memories, whether that be unique gifts through the Enchant Shop or the ability to transform yourself into Santa and make real life video calls through their Santa Calls app and Chant Christmas dot Com. Randy's Donuts and La Legend is offering ugly Christmas sweater donuts topped with green and redfrosting and festive holiday sprinkles, available at all locations for the entire month of December. They're the perfect dessert ensemble to help us all get into the holiday spirit. Visit Randy'sdonuts dot com for locations or follow them on Instagram at Randy's Donuts. Also, did you see our cool Instagram video singing to jingle bells benefiting Children's Hospital LA. Help donate to c HLA this holiday season visits see h LA dot org slash high five today.
Speaker 8: You can also click the link in our Instagram bio.
Speaker 2: Hikuti. Hi, how are you? Are you drinking a mountain dew?
Speaker 3: That's amazing?
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 7: I used to you know it has It has tripled the caffeine of any other soft drink.
Speaker 2: I used to drink those, the ruby redkind in high school. Every single day I get one. I love those nine in the morning.
Speaker 3: So many cavities, Okay, let's not.
Speaker 7: You can get diet though, and it has the same amount of caffeine with no sugar.
Speaker 2: I stop drinking pop like a pop you know? I like a diet coke is that I'll do a fountain drink every once while I don't drink caffeine. So mountain dew you can have. You can't have caffeine free anyways. Hi, how are you? Your Christmas setup looks beautiful?
Speaker 7: I have a little elf here.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: How is how's how's quarantine? Four years marriage going awesome?
Speaker 7: Aw I gotta tell you, you know, I'm the kind of person that I'm always gone. I mean, last time I saw you, I was there and being forced to stay home and like, look at every corner of my house while I constantly have to remind myself it's okay, take your time.
Speaker 9: I'm enjoying the hell out of redoing everything.
Speaker 7: I mean, my husband maybe not so much.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's why there's a home goods store or tej Max. I think it is right outside this little my gym place our kids go to, And every time I leave, that store is opening, and there's always a line outside the door. And I'm like, it's probably because everyone's just redoing everything in their house.
Speaker 7: You know what, I will say this, I have a lot of people who are like in construction, and so during the summer when COVID first hit the summertime, everybody was like putting him. You can't even schedule to get a pool put in your house right now because they're so backed up on orders. So people were putting in pools and redoing their outdoors. I redid an entire I have like a half fake or so one half of my yard. I'd never even touched that patio before, because of course we focused on the pool side and I fixed it all up. I used reclaimed ship black wood and put up a stucco wall, and it's I loved every second of it. My husband cannot say the same. I have several pictures of him going like.
Speaker 2: This, do you miss not being on the show?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, is it one of those things? Where do you Because there was backlash like do you do you regret? Do you regret any part of it?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think all human regret things. If you don't regret, you're basically just an ass right, So certainly there are things that I regret. But I also I will say this, there are a lot of things that got twisted and are so you know what's hard for me is and I feel this so deeply. And maybe it's because I live with you know, an ex law man who you know, first responder, but I get so tired of sheic. I want independent, educated thinkers, and so it gets sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to not to have a conversation with someone that's just guided by what they saw.
Speaker 9: And not by what reality really is.
Speaker 3: How's it been. I know, you know, you quoted saying part of the reason you left the show is to spend more time and focus time on your husband and family and everything like that. How's it been with you know, being recently married in the spring, and really it's like, all right, pandemic time, you really get that call time?
Speaker 7: Yeah you do, Hi, honey, how are you gonna?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, I will say my husband is really kind of a genius, not really kind of. He really is a genius. He quarantines himself in his man cave, and he he has since the pandemic hit. He was just like, look, we can beat up each other's butt twenty four to seven and you know, just do this little or we can set time that we There are projects we work on together, there are projects that we work on independently. But it's just really been a bunch of like love on the house, love on each other. It's funny, you know, if we get to a point where we're ready to pull each other's hair out, He'll just like order a meal in and a bottle of wine, and.
Speaker 9: I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's got to be hard to when when he said that they twist things, and I think it's that's where I don't think I could ever do a reality show because you don't really have that full control be able to go.
Speaker 9: You have no control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like no control.
Speaker 7: You are who you are and that doesn't matter. They will make you who they need.
Speaker 9: You to be for the show.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's just got to like that just has to be just soul sucking.
Speaker 7: It can be when they.
Speaker 9: Take it too far, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: And the problem I think that you have is, especially with a city like Dallas, you know, there isn't a lot of storyline.
Speaker 9: So because there wasn't a lot of storyline, I.
Speaker 7: Ended up having to be a lot of other people's storyline, which is just exhausting. I mean, I do believe I have the most famous unexhausted line ever, but I mean it like it can get exhausting. And I knew that as long as I stayed, I would continue to be the target.
Speaker 9: And I just book break cut the tie.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's it's like you don't want to be there, and it's like you can if that's like your frame, and it's like okay, great, like you're I'm going to be the villain I don't care, like, you know, cash the checks goodbye, But when you have that, I personally couldn't do it because it's just like I want too many people to know my heart and know my you know, the reasoning for things, and if it's always being twisted like I would just be, I could see how that would cause a strain in my marriage and just in general and work in life like that would be really tough. So do you still talk to any of the girls.
Speaker 7: Yeah? I do, Yeah, I do. I mean, I will say that last season was my hardest, both in my marriage and personally. And you know, it's just really devastating what people are willing to say about.
Speaker 9: You and you have no control over it.
Speaker 7: So I think, yeah, I think since leaving the show, my marriage and my home life and my friends, Oh my god, my friends. Can I just tell you when the season ended and everybody's like, who's going to come back? Who's going to come back? I legit. I had a friend invention where all my friends came over and they were like, Leanne, we love you, we just got you back. You're funny again, You're lighthearted. We don't want to see you go through that anymore. We don't want to listen to you cry for another year. We just don't you deserve better. And you know what's funny is when you say, like, cash the check and just not worry about it. Well, that would be great if I had like an Atlanta household check, but I don't. I had a Dallas check and the ratings are barely higher than Salt Lakes.
Speaker 9: So you can imagine it went.
Speaker 2: Very big, right, I guess, like you can look at it, it's like, okay, then you use it to like build a brand. But at the same time, you're like, is that even worth it at the end of the day, you know, I mean you see how fast things can your brands. If you get canceled off a show, your brand can go away. The same time, well, I think I will say this.
Speaker 7: You say, I'm sure, stay on and build a brand. But if you're on and the choices they may are to show you in a light or twist you into something that nobody wants a piece of that brand, well then what's the purpose. So now you're barely making six figures and your brand and your name are in the gutter because of what other people have decided to say about you. Whether it's fact or not doesn't matter. The truth doesn't matter in reality TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, so leanne on a positive note, are what do you want to do now? Like, what's your vision for twenty twenty one with everything that you know you can control?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm excited.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited.
Speaker 7: You know my life hasn't changed from leaving the show. I'm still out there. Sunday night, I was doing the virtual gala for Unlikely Heroes, which is based there in La. They're out there rescuing and recovering children and women from sex trafficking all over the world, but mostly in Mexico and Thailand. And so did that Sunday night. Today at four o'clock, I'm building a gingerbread house for alcohol recovery center. You know, I did a food drive on Sunday for Aid Services Dallas. Here in town, I don't stop the need. Listen, when the need stops, i'll stop. But the need in my community doesn't end. So because of that, I want to be present and I want to be a positive ripple that shows people.
Speaker 9: How they can help one another. You know, I think a lot of people.
Speaker 7: I think more people would help if they knew how So I'm going to continue my nonprofit. I'm an ambassador for Bryan's House here in Dallas, which takes care of critically and medically sensitive children and emotionally and physically sensitive children, so they really handle special.
Speaker 9: Needs and I love what they do, so I'm I'm you know, doing that.
Speaker 7: I still work with Della Street Dog advocates with strays. The nonprofit world doesn't end. Not my nonprofit world in this city still relies on me to make a difference, and as long as they.
Speaker 9: Need help, I'll be there.
Speaker 7: Personally, what I'm looking forward to is getting way back into what I wanted to do in season one, and that is get back into motivation and inspiration and encouraging in my own unique way because you know, I'm not you know, I'm not politically correct.
Speaker 9: I'm not a non bad language using human.
Speaker 7: I say it how it comes out, and you know, just stuff so kind of falls out. So I just want people to know that you can still be you can still focus on making yourself better without being perfect. Listen, nobody's perfect, and I think you know, if you find someone that you think is perfect on Instagram, beware fire beware, because you know we all broken one way or another. And when you learn to accept that you're broken and you learn to take where you are and grow, that's when you can really become not only an amazing human for yourself, but for your family and for your friends and for the community around you. So I'll be doing getting back into that, writing a couple of inspiration books that I've got coming out for January, February and March, relaunching all of my affirmation books, which I have thirteen affirmation books. Those will relaunch New Year's Day starting. I'm working with two jewelry companies.
Speaker 9: We're building a huge brand.
Speaker 7: I'm calling it a candy land, because you know I think of jewelry and stuff like that as candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm you know, still taking my DJ lessons. I'm still wanting. My goal in life is still one day to DJA a party. You know, I don't slow down just because you know I'm not on that particular show.
Speaker 3: Well, that's amazing, And a few things. First, the fact that you had that friend intervention from your friend. I mean, that's some real friends right there that they're able to do that. I mean, that's the kind of people you want to surround yourself in life, which is amazing. Second, it seems like you are full of life and energy since leaving the show, and just you're able to do all this, So that's encouraging for us, you know, being able to talk to you a couple of years ago and seeing you now, that's amazing and we're happy for you. And last thing before we let you go, we talked earlier in the show about something that came up and we read a survey that a few years ago that said the National Sleep Foundation that almost one and four married couples sleep in separate bedrooms. Do you and Richard? I know, Jane and I are like what, But we also talked about we can kind of see how it's enticing that times do you and Richard sleep every single night together?
Speaker 7: At times makey like when he's like right now, he's got a fever and he's been was coughing all night. Trust me, at three am when he was coughing, I was like, if I could pick you up and carry you into another room, I would, but no, but no, no, laying down in bed at night and talking about what you want to accomplish the next day and what's important to you and I mean so sweet. My husband every night says, honey, are you mad at me? And I'm like, no, baby, not at all. I'm just falling asleep, And I love that we fall asleep holding hands. We're best friends. If you are at a point where you're not communicating or feeling love from your spouse and you're.
Speaker 9: Not in the same room, how are you not just roommates?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like, I understand, I understand in the pandemic how that can be convenient. But value yourself more and want more for yourself because every human deserves, at their base core unconditional love, So you need to find someone that.
Speaker 9: Will love you that way.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. It's almost like you're blurring the lines there. If you start to act like roommates too much, things get, you know, things get sticky, because then you're not as connected.
Speaker 7: You aren't connected, And I think that's the most Communication is the most important thing in a relationship. In any relationship, communication, I will say my husband loves to make me laugh, not that he does it in ways that I would ever share with another human that doesn't genuinely know who we are, because people would be like, oh my god, did he just do that. I'm like, yeah, I mean, you know, he'll pop me on the back of the head sometimes and I'll be like, don't touch the driver.
Speaker 9: You know, we just we're kids.
Speaker 7: When we lose the joy of being around each other and laughing together and wanting to make each other's lives better, then that's when you have to really look at what's going.
Speaker 9: On with not just your relationship, but with you and what you really want from life. And you have to be honest. And so many people struggle.
Speaker 7: They struggle, not just to be honest with the world, but sometimes I think people struggle to be.
Speaker 9: Honest with themselves even more.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got you gotta get real if you want it, if you want a real life, you got to.
Speaker 3: Well, Leanne, thank you so much for your time. We appreciate it. We're happy for you and so excited for all the things that you got coming up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lianne.
Speaker 7: You and I'm happy for y'all. You look a little skinnier.
Speaker 2: Not pregnant anymore. Thanks, Thank you so much, Leanne.
Speaker 3: We appreciate your time.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, Happy holiday Christmas.
Speaker 2: Well, she's got a lot going on, she does, and I feel like it's just such a curse. It can be such a curse if you are on a reality show and then you don't have the capabilities of editing it because you know, you've seen how people can get so twisted, and then it's once people make their mind up about you, it's it's hard.
Speaker 3: To especially especially on that scale. Yeah, yeah, that's a that's a gamble right there for anybody that does that.
Speaker 2: I mean even with you know, we don't obviously need to bring it up, but just when someone has a preconceived notion of what they just see on you know, websites or something, they you know, they don't want they don't take the knowledge to get to know the person or know the actual facts behind it, and they just read what they see and it's not always the truth.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we can get real with it.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I was just like, you know, no, I think it's.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk about it, we can. That's totally up to you.
Speaker 3: And re marks behind his screen right now, like.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, no, it's it's it's sad and it makes it but it's the whole point. And what I was just saying was you know that it people don't give the benefit of someone's real heart, and they just read stories and they make up their mind about people, you know, and there's a lot of people that dislike us because of our story. But something just happened recently with Mike and if he wants to share it, but it was just it's just so it's such a personal attack too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Unfortunately, like one of my biggest fears was validated from a professional standpoint where I was gonna Initially things were looking good. I was going to partner with this company to work on something that I've really wanted to work on, and and you've.
Speaker 2: Put a lot of hard work into it. I mean a lot of hard work. The company was very gung ho and also just you know, very receptive and very involved for about I say, like two or three weeks. Yeah, just like all like you know, and he took a lot of time, a lot of nights, a lot of the hours in the day, and really like worked hard on this project.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And then once things got into you know, paperwork being drawn up and more you know, legal teams being involved in everything, all of a sudden things took a turn and I started getting emails that It felt like smoking me. It felt like just smoke, like, actually, you know, we realized it wasn't a good thing for Q one, but maybe Q two. It's something we can revisit and this and that and the design of book and everything. Every obstacle they stated, I've fired by Okay, if this is a problem, let's do this, let's do that, like, let's talk about it, let's all conform all, you know, offered a solution for every single problem that they were, obstacle that they brought up. I was like, it doesn't have to be in Q one. Let's but let's keep this train roll and let's talk about things for late. And then, you know, after my last email last week, heard nothing back.
Speaker 2: And then let's say they wanted to do a zoom. They're like, okay, let's set a zoom to talk about all of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then our manager followed up, Well, that wasn't even the last thing. The last thing was there were more emails after the zoom talk yeah, because again they were just kicking the can down the road. And then ultimately our manager followed up this morning and they came back with just a very direct like, yeah, it doesn't seem like the direction we want to go. So if that was the case from Jump Street, I wouldn't take it as personal as I ended up taking it. And my biggest fear since all of this stuff with jan and I is that opportunities will be taken away from me because of me publicly being a sex addict.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And it's really hard because there's there was one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 2: Degree shift once she brought in her team.
Speaker 3: Once the legal team and stuff like that were brought.
Speaker 2: In, and it's also part of a kid's company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, So you were vetted and then their tone changed and you felt they said the playoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it would be different if if as soon as the team came in that was said kind of from the get go, but it was the whole kicking the can down the road and like smoking me, like, don't give me this bullshit about well, you know, the the financials and this size of an order and like just tell me, hey, you know what, after further review, it's not going to work out. So sorry, well okay, fine, don't sit there and with me.
Speaker 2: After a few weeks of everything was great. It was until she brought in her other partner legal team is what it.
Speaker 3: It was just like, yeah, so it's you know, and I did my best at in Janet you know, did her best supporting me and being like, hey, you know, it's we can't go there and think that it's that personal. That's just my shame. And I was like, yeah, you know, you're right, it's my coming up. It's just my fear. But then just the way things unfolded even this morning, I was like, I don't see how it's not you know, when we've offered solutions for every obstacle accent So it just sucks.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: It's it's one of those things that just it's like the scarlet A in a way. You know, it's I mean, I'll be naive to think that some opportunities wouldn't be taken away because of society's lack of acceptance. Understandably so with this disease at times and right now, so but still it stings because it you know, I tend to take take things more personally anyways, So when it a fears validated around the most shameful thing that I have as an individual, not a great feeling. So but I'm just trying to do my work to not dwell on it that this is where the stuff about. You know, majority of people in twelve step programs live with inonymity and be able to live that way. This is where I'm just like, you know, must be nice. I love you, thanks, Anny, and that's all I need.
Speaker 2: I love you too, Mark. Why are you looking at us just such a Yeah, we're gonna do something and we're gonna blow their company out of the water.
Speaker 3: And there's my wife.
Speaker 2: Go for the throat, go for the jugular. Okay, all right, Well, we hope y'all have a marry marry, Marry, Mary, Marry, marry, merry Christmas, and we can't wait to wind down after Christmas. Fullis Nada and this Christmas we'll be