Speaker 1: Thanks for being on the Second Date podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and Man, Today's Second Date.
Speaker 2: It's brand new.
Speaker 1: It's about this guy who has a new plan to stop being friend zone.
Speaker 2: It was interesting that it was interesting. We tried, We tried for him. We're going to find out if we were successful or not. Here in just a second before some comments from our Lovely Lovely listening. Yes, this one made me laugh.
Speaker 3: Julianne Stanford said, I was seriously considering divorce until I heard the dating nightmares on the show.
Speaker 2: Now I'm clinging to my relationship like it's a life boat. I'm like, am I happy for Juliana or not?
Speaker 1: That's all We get clean to your relationships right now, because you could be in the same boat as our listener.
Speaker 2: Let's get it started. It's our Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: I'm going to share something with our audience that's happened behind the scenes here it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Oh what is it going to be?
Speaker 4: I don't remember if.
Speaker 5: Brooke has said this on the air and it's not bad, but off the air. Whenever somebody brings up online dating, Bok's response and Jose Alexis, you can confirm this. She's always like, Ugh, I don't think I could ever do online dating. There's just there's way too many options. How could you ever just pick one?
Speaker 2: No, I totally do online dating. I would just never do marriage after I did it, exactly because I would have never dated anybody long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I.
Speaker 2: See what you mean. I thought you meant.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's the crux of dating with all the apps.
Speaker 2: Now, too many choices for people.
Speaker 5: I think it was intended in a good way to match people up who would have never found each other if they were just left to their normal lives, But more often than not, it just ends up being with you have so many choices, men and women can't make up their mind. They can't commit to just one, and if they're not blown away immediately, there's you know, twenty other options that they could just go explore.
Speaker 2: I go to the Cereal aisle and it feels overwhelming. I should choose.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, that's where our listener, Evan is that right now. He claims he is a victim of being just one guy in a sea of a billion dudes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jeff's dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah to it, But Evan, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Evn, I'm sorry, man, he sounds like you're going through it with this online dating stuff.
Speaker 6: I am. It's been years and there's been ups and downs. But I'm just I want to try something new and I think it's gonna work. I just need a little help.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So what is your your stance on dating right now? Like?
Speaker 4: Where are you at?
Speaker 6: I think that you should date a lot of different people because experts say that if you focus too much on just one person, you're gonna end up disappointed.
Speaker 5: But you're supposed to like date a little bit and then when one stands out, then you kind of focus on them. It doesn't bode well. Her Brooks married. She fuses a lot on that one guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 5: So Evan, you're you're not focusing on just one. You're dating a lot of different people.
Speaker 6: Well, I wouldn't say a lot, but i'd say a small handful at any given time.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Is there one in particular that you really like or are we just going to call ten girls?
Speaker 6: Yeah? There is one. Her name is Jenna, and she's a top contender.
Speaker 2: Is that a compliment, alexis it is?
Speaker 3: I mean, I want to be the top one.
Speaker 4: So where do you and Jenna stand?
Speaker 6: We had one date, it was good and nothing bad happened.
Speaker 2: Is that your bar says defensively, nothing happened?
Speaker 1: I mean, is that your bar like you had a good enough date that nothing bad happened. So that's why you want to call her?
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes I do feel that way, but this was a good date. It was genuinely good, and I do believe that she likes me and would like to go out on another day with me. I just want to try this thing to kind of make her work for a little bit.
Speaker 1: What wait, wait, she's so, you're not calling us because someone's not calling you back or isn't interested.
Speaker 6: Greg, he is interested, That's what I believe.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is different. I guess let's hear him out.
Speaker 2: So this girl trying not to think game. He's playing games in my head right now.
Speaker 6: It's not a game, but it is reverse psychology.
Speaker 2: Oh that works so good on me?
Speaker 4: Did it just work on you? He's like, I'm trying to figure this out.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: All right, you already have Brooks interest.
Speaker 5: Now, so what is your idea for reverse psychology with Jenna.
Speaker 6: I want you to call her and tell her that, like, I thought that she was cool, but I'm a little on the fence about it.
Speaker 1: Huh wait wait, why why would we be calling her just to tell her that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going to make her morning?
Speaker 4: Why do you want to do it this way with Jenna?
Speaker 6: The thing is, I've had a lot of dates this past year where the first meeting is great, but then it just it sizzles out, okay, and then the girl will say to me, Hey, you're super cool and everything, but there's just not a strong enough of a connection for me.
Speaker 1: You're getting friend zoned, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 6: It makes me feel like I need to be defensive and prove myself because she's in the power position. So okay, all I see you're good at the first couple of days, which is the sounds.
Speaker 5: Like he wants to flip the script on these women and he wants to be in the power position being like, hey, like I think you're cool and everything, but I don't know if it's there, then the girl will have to sell herself to him.
Speaker 2: So we should leave our front and alone. Wait, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You sound like a genuinely nice guy, and that's probably why this is happening.
Speaker 5: Did you see Alexis gag when you said genuinely nice guys?
Speaker 4: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Everything makes sense. I mean, you do know this couldn't backfire, right.
Speaker 6: I have nothing to lose at this point, trust me.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is a bold move. You have to admit risk.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us anything about Jenna that would make you feel like this is gonna work on her?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What is she like? Would you do?
Speaker 6: I can tell you, but she's literally like every other girl that I've been dating recently, Like, you know, she's sweet, she's funny, she's pretty, like they all are. Yeah, but she's gonna turn on me. She's gonna turn.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Let's not get caught up in the minutia of who she is as a person. I don't know if this strategy would actually work. It sounds kind of manipulative, similar to one of my co hosts.
Speaker 4: And they're happily married, so it might actually be a good strategy at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing, Like, we tell her this statement, and then what Jeff like? We tell her, Hey, so and so, how can we follow.
Speaker 2: Up that conversation.
Speaker 5: You know what, he is on the other line right now, So like maybe if you want to try to convince him to go out, you might be.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like, we won't do a lot of the talking.
Speaker 4: No, I think Evan wants to be in control here.
Speaker 1: So Evan is it's not interested, had time to call the radio, Wait on, hold, wind around, Okay, No, he's not gonna say hello, Henna, say suck oh I forgot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just gonna be super non committal about it and let Evan swoop.
Speaker 2: In for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 5: I'm it's an interesting experiment at the very least, so we're gonna find out how it goes when we call her in your second date update right after this hold on then second date update if you're just joining us for the second date, our listener, Evan has asked us to do something that we've never really tried on this segment before, because.
Speaker 2: It's not an idea any of us have ever happened.
Speaker 4: No, probably too smart for our simple brains.
Speaker 2: I like that spin.
Speaker 5: But he wants us to call his date Jenna, and instead of saying he had a lot of fun with you, he really likes you. He wants to see you again, coming on kind of strong, even.
Speaker 2: Me saying that, are you giving yourself the ech.
Speaker 4: I kind of even? It does feel like a lot, That's why.
Speaker 5: Instead Evan wants us to say he reached out, but he's kind of on the fence about it, not really sure how he feels.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, how are you feeling about him?
Speaker 5: Basically reverse psychology Jenna into loving him.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be so disheartened if this works, Like you can't just be open with your emotions anymore.
Speaker 5: Well, Evan has been rejected so many times. He's tired of being put on that side of the conversation.
Speaker 4: He wants to have the upper hand this time.
Speaker 2: This is the only problem people are.
Speaker 4: He's trying to stop the cycle of what's going on in his life, right, Evan.
Speaker 6: It's time I got to stand up for the pack, you know. And there's a storyline that's just been playing over and over again.
Speaker 1: I think you could have used the quote about like how someone who does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result is the definition of insanity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something new and he thinks that if he does it this way, then she's going to be more open to not just a second date, but the third date, the fourth date.
Speaker 4: So how cool do we play it? Jeff I'm worried, like do we do?
Speaker 5: We get her name wrong at first? It's a good question, but I think we just have to play kind of non committal and more just ask her about what she thinks about the day.
Speaker 4: We'll just go right to that.
Speaker 5: Okay, deafening silence from the room.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, let's try it.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Jenna?
Speaker 3: It is who's calling?
Speaker 4: We're a radio show actually called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Jenna, Hi, thanks for picking up.
Speaker 5: We're doing a segment on our show A you may have heard of it before. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Yes, but where calling.
Speaker 1: We're kind of surprised we're calling you to segment because it doesn't actually fit.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, this is a little bit different than what we normally do. But we got an email from one of our listeners that you went out with.
Speaker 4: His name's Evan. Okay, yeah, yeah, remember going out with Evan?
Speaker 3: I do? Okay, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Evan emailed our show.
Speaker 5: He told us that the two of you went out and you know he had, he had a decent time. He's considering seeing you again, but he is kind of on the fence about it. What he said that, he's just he I mean yeah, like he enjoyed the date, no question about it, But the future he's a little bit uncertain of.
Speaker 3: Wait, so he doesn't like me?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, he doesn't not like you. He just doesn't. He doesn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his heart is congested. What confused? I don't know.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know.
Speaker 5: That's not what I meant. He doesn't know where his mind is at one hundred percent. He's trying to fit your stuff out.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just confused. I thought we liked each other.
Speaker 4: I thought everything was say specifically that he liked you? Or did you just feel the vibe?
Speaker 2: Nobody does that anymore? What did he write a note and circle yes or no?
Speaker 6: Do you like you?
Speaker 4: Make it a whole lot easier? But I like you so far. Sometimes it's hard to know how people feel.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you're reading signs, you're reading them wrong.
Speaker 3: No, No, we had a great time.
Speaker 4: We even kissed. Okay, Well that's good.
Speaker 5: Tell us more of stuff like that, like what exactly happened the day we'll give us more indications of why you think he liked You're so out of a box right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we grabbed drinks. I got to really know him. He was super, super nice. I don't really go out with nice guys, so he was the first nice guy in a very long time or.
Speaker 6: More.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe you thought that he liked you, but he never actually said that to you.
Speaker 4: Could just be like a vibe that you were getting.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is just extremely disappointing to hear because we were vibing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, maybe the vibe that you're feeling from him is the literal phone line connection that is happening right now because he is listening to this call.
Speaker 2: Oh makes him feel like he wants it more. Yeah, you know, I'm not going.
Speaker 4: To say that. I will say he does want to talk to you, though, what.
Speaker 3: Evan, what is going on? I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry to throw a loop in things, But you thought I was nice? Yeah, I thought you were really nice too. But I'm just not totally sure that there's a romantic connection between us. I'm just not surely.
Speaker 3: Huh. Okay, Well, I guess I guess maybe we're just better off friends.
Speaker 1: Well, hold, well, what are you doing, dude.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't think we should jump to that. I just I need to be sure that you really do feel that way before I.
Speaker 3: This is weird. This is a very strange way of going about this.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand where he's trying to go here.
Speaker 5: Evan, you're saying, you're saying that she's saying that she likes you, but you're not sure if you believe that.
Speaker 6: Not completely, because I'm a nice guy and I I have a hard time believing that she really likes that.
Speaker 1: I thought you just that you were attracted to her because there was no romantic connection for you.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying there isn't. There isn't. I'm not sure. I'm in the middle here.
Speaker 2: Okay, your message, I think, is getting a little lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Jenna, maybe you have to show him a little bit more strongly that the feelings are there, that it's worth it.
Speaker 3: After all this, why would I do that? I mean, this was it was going so well without even getting anyone else involved. This is like turning me away.
Speaker 5: You see, one day they're saying they like him, and then all of a sudden, something switches, and they're like switches.
Speaker 1: Is you telling her there's no romantic connection and that you weren't sure if you liked her or not?
Speaker 2: That's the switch. You can turn that back. You can be honest about where you stand.
Speaker 3: I would have never been weirded out as I am right this moment if you just didn't do all this. This is very strange. What's turning me off?
Speaker 6: Oh no, it wouldn't have happened on the second or third date anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jenna, you may not realize this now, but after three dates with him, you would realize that you weren't into him.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to tell her how she's going to feel on a future date.
Speaker 4: Unless we're wrong.
Speaker 5: Because unless we're wrong, because normally at this time I would offer to send you guys out and we would pay for it. But I kind of have a vibe that both of you are still on the fence. At least you might want to plead your case to him right now, Jenna, and ask Evan out after he turned her.
Speaker 6: I just want to I want to partner who will fight for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's respectable. I think it's an him, Jenna right now.
Speaker 3: To be asked with you.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, you have.
Speaker 1: Nothing else to lose at this point, Evan, why don't you just tell her the truth?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is this truth? You have to tell me? This is the very insane that how this is working out right now? If you have to tell me something, I mean, you might as well tell me right now.
Speaker 6: Look, the truth is I really like you, and I was, and I was afraid that if I just carried on being nice and showing that I really liked you, that you would get bored with me. And if I use reverse psychology on you, then you I would think that I was a bad boy or like something that you're really attracted to and want to, like, really work towards winning me. I'm usually the one that's trying to win somebody over, and I wanted to flip the script.
Speaker 3: Oh buddy, I mean, thank you for being honest finally about this. It was weird. It was a weird way of going about.
Speaker 1: It, but he was just trying something new. Dating is hard these days, and he liked you, and he didn't know how to keep it going.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't the smartest move. I think he is finally understanding that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, now that we've really sold him. We'd love to offer to send you guys out on another date, Jenna, and we would pay for it. I mean, he has finally come clean, he's told you the truth, and no more games going forward, at least not for Evans, has never happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Kenna, I promised no games going forward.
Speaker 2: Come on, Jenna, don't wait. The player hate the game. Let's go one more day. Yeah, we're the games.
Speaker 4: We're going to date.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fe reverse psychology does work.
Speaker 2: The honest truth works, real feel leeds work like we feel accomplished when literally nothing changed.
Speaker 4: We did it.
Speaker 6: You guys are the best. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, buddy.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it's.
Speaker 4: Rooky Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's any way she would have said yes if Evan didn't finally come clean and just be honest about his true feelings at the end there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean we literally just we added more drama.
Speaker 2: We did, and there was no need for it.
Speaker 5: This is what happens when us non cool guys try and play cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. It was a be yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a nice due, be a nice dude.
Speaker 5: It's a win for nice guys everywhere, and he's lucky that, for some weird reason, she just liked him for who he was.
Speaker 1: But I really don't want to get an update from them that on the third date.
Speaker 2: She decided there was no romantic connect.
Speaker 5: He's just too nice, So we need to talk to all the girls to find out what's the real reason.
Speaker 4: Already keeps up the act and he shows up an hour.
Speaker 3: Late to the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 5: But you know what, if you're a nice guy, or if you're a bad boy, or anything in between, we will help you with your dating life.
Speaker 4: Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of.
Speaker 5: Our second dates wherever you get your podcast app Brook and Jeffrey and on YouTube
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning