Speaker 1: Miss Spelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi Joshua, Hi babe, Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh much? You miss me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I haven't done a podcast in a while. I don't Usually it's I don't know that this format. Usually it's like somebody asked me questions or whatever.
Speaker 1: So oh no, I just I just talk. It's just like we're just talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: Do you miss me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, life's just been great.
Speaker 2: Give me the updates.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The kids are okay. Yeah, divorce isn't final.
Speaker 2: What's the latest with that?
Speaker 1: It's good. We're co parenting. Well okay, are you surprised to hear that? Right?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: Toby sober two years in June.
Speaker 2: It's two years ago.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? It all went down two years ago.
Speaker 2: Your fiftieth was two years ago?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that's wild. What's the latest of the kids.
Speaker 1: The kids are okay, they definitely. It goes in ebbs and flows like it's hard. It's you know, it was a traumatic time. They went through a lot, and they have great friends and support and they're trying their best to live their life. Wait, when don't we first meet Lotterwards.
Speaker 2: No, No, at the Beverly Wolfshire Hotel. We were sitting next to each other.
Speaker 1: You remember everything.
Speaker 2: We're sitting next to who was that guy who was one of the hosts on entertainment not on entertainment tonight on like Access Hall would Yeah, girls sitting next to each other. It was a charity event.
Speaker 1: And okay it wasn't the Gladerwards, but we were both there with world of wonder?
Speaker 2: Is that why?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why they put that table together? Maybe and you were so it was me and Dean correct at the time.
Speaker 2: I remember Dean, but you blocked a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Out also, and you internex.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. Maybe it's possible. I just remember sitting you amazing.
Speaker 1: Really cute. He was tiny, he was like blonde.
Speaker 2: There was a lot that was so then it's probably fifteen years ago. That's nice. Probably fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've known. It's rather longer, but I guess so it.
Speaker 2: Could be twenty and then okay, so what else is going on? So like you're doing this every day? What else?
Speaker 1: Not every day?
Speaker 2: Every day?
Speaker 1: No lips are.
Speaker 2: Dry, My lips are try I had the spaghetti and clams three days ago, and I cannot stop shitting. I don't understand why. Literally, I don't know. Maybe I'm gluten or something or I don't know what's happening, but I'm literally in so much pain for three days.
Speaker 1: That'd be karma. Yeah, if that became your life. Literally, Yeah, from where d'antana's.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to say because I like the rest of.
Speaker 1: Fry and Fine. Okay, wait, so I only people know that we've been frunds for a long time. Yeah, do you think people know that?
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Someone asked me recently. I said, I was gonna have you ow Podcastica. He's so great of you, mad him, and I'm like, I was like, insult.
Speaker 2: I've lived in his house, I have. That was fun. It was an interesting time.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on with the kids. What do they do every day?
Speaker 1: High school?
Speaker 2: Are they in school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, all the same school?
Speaker 1: No, because it once in elementary, two aur in middle school, and two are in high school. So they're actually in four different schools.
Speaker 2: What about the fifth one.
Speaker 1: He's in, Yeah, he's in the high school. Sell Us in a high school. Patti and Finn are in high school, in Bo's middle school, and Bose in elementary. Got it? Wait a, heays, count five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are five.
Speaker 1: Two go to the same schools. Four four.
Speaker 2: Where are you living now in the valley Calabasas Camp? Do you like it?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Like a lot?
Speaker 1: Or you know you've always wanted me to move back. I don't know if I could.
Speaker 2: You like the valley.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, remembering you used to say, You'd be like, I'd be like, come over, and you were like, I don't drive over there. I don't go that far.
Speaker 2: I wonder what happened to the old house with the pigs.
Speaker 1: Oh the demolished it. Oh gone, because remember the whole mold thing. Then they sold it and he demolished it.
Speaker 2: Were the pigs.
Speaker 1: They're at an animal sanctuary. Nice, I have no animals, are you proud?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thank god? What do you mean you didn't need to have forty two animals at your house? That was so fucking weird, like forty four But uh, yeah, you don't have a dog.
Speaker 1: I have a dog.
Speaker 2: That's it. Where's the housekeeper is She's still around?
Speaker 1: Isabelle still around?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good, Isabelle?
Speaker 1: Isabelle? But she's eighty one.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you're gonna start having to clean up after her start. Yeah, that's the problem when they get that old and you just can't get But it's like, what are you gonna do? I get rid of them?
Speaker 1: You did? You did?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 1: But you don't get rid of them. You just passed them off to someone else. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just gave it off to my ex husband. It was a part of their divorce settlement. I said, you have to take her. I got George and he got the housekeeper. Oh god, what was her name?
Speaker 1: With a C?
Speaker 2: How can I forget? This woman lived with me? Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She was on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was so sweet, but horrible cleaner, horrible cleaner. How do you forget the name of this one who lives with you?
Speaker 1: And you are like, you're a neat freak. Neat freak, but like everything has a way, a certain way, it has to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck is her name? This woman lived with Yeah? Olympia, Olympia, Olympia, Olympia, Olympia.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. She was great. Oh we used to have like cocktails with her and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get drunk with her. That was normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the best?
Speaker 2: Are you going on any trips?
Speaker 1: No? Are you gonna take me on a trip?
Speaker 2: Sure? You want to go?
Speaker 1: You go to Europe every summer.
Speaker 2: I'm going four times this summer.
Speaker 1: I hate you.
Speaker 2: I'm going next week for a charity event, and then July August I'll be You should come. I'll be in the Hamptons for the month. It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: You can come stay the Hamptons. Can't you take me somewhere like super exciting?
Speaker 2: Hampton is beautiful?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Have you been?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: It is. I always promised Europe.
Speaker 2: Europe is fun too.
Speaker 1: I just can't. It's hard for me to leave the kids. I need to start doing something for myself otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, who watches them when you're like, when you're like, well, they're old enough, they write they don't need somebody to watch them, do they?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they don't ever have kids.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Like, what's the age where you're like, you don't need somebody to watch you anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, the youngest is eight? Is that okay? In your book?
Speaker 2: Well, but if the other siblings are there, that's fine. I don't think you need somebody to watch somebody at eight. I don't remember, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I work a lot. I've been going to a lot of like fan conventions on weekends and stuff and the childcare having to hire a babysitter the whole time was getting all my profits.
Speaker 2: Like it was just like it came back like we fan convention.
Speaker 1: Like going and they have signed autographs, meet and greets where like where is Oh my god, I was just in Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Oh, Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 1: If one coming up, Niagara Falls, I've been there and.
Speaker 2: For I did a vet there. I don't remember what it was for.
Speaker 1: It's like when you go and talk real estate, except.
Speaker 2: I mean do you have to speak or do you just do me?
Speaker 1: Like a Q and A like a panel?
Speaker 2: Who books these agent? What's her name? Oh, Ruth and Ruthande.
Speaker 1: No, there's like a specific agent just for conventions. They would love you at conventions. I mean some are more like anime and like I don't do well with those. It's all like a class play. It's like comic book and they want to like people are dressed up as Marvel characters, you know, all that stuff. So that's like a niche thing, but then a lot of them now are pop culture ones, and that's what can be bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: I can go to do those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of fans have said to me like that, they love like you and I together.
Speaker 2: We could do that. We should look into that.
Speaker 1: That'd be It's like easy too, not easy, it's I mean, sometimes thousands of people a lot of work. But yeah, so hiring a baby sitter and then going and being gone. I would come back and be like, oh, that wasn't beneficial financially for my family, but it was worth it because I love meeting my fans and doing all that. But but yeah, Dean's been helping out. So the kids can go there with him, like the youngest one, and then the older ones can stay at their home. So that's been that's been help books and I don't have to hire somebody.
Speaker 2: So what do you do during the day, Like you're wrapping up this, what are you going to do after this?
Speaker 1: I do pick ups. I'm an uber driver all day long.
Speaker 2: Oh, you pick up your kids different places?
Speaker 1: What I was like, what we The sad part is you actually believed it first the.
Speaker 2: Way you said it for a second I was with a straight face. I was like, what what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Wait? That could be a show. Imagine. Imagine you get in the car. Everyone knows who I am. So it's like not in a good way. I mean that, but like around, I'm like, I just like the face today.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same. So I'm gonna go from here. I'm gonna pick up the kids at all their four different schools. Come home. I don't know, there's no me time.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you get home?
Speaker 1: Uh? Help go with his homework? Get dinner ready? Answer a gazillion and one emails? Because I don't have an assistance, so I do everything myself.
Speaker 2: Would you say, get dinner ready? What you're like? What did you did you cook last night?
Speaker 1: We do last night? No, last night, we did not cook.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Trader Joe's is my best friend. You don't even know what that is? Of course, have you ever been there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want once?
Speaker 1: What'd you buy there?
Speaker 2: Orchid?
Speaker 1: They do have good flowers and way cheaper in the Bristol farms or Kilsons. I'm just saying, but yeah, the kids love the.
Speaker 2: Food there, So what will you have for tonight?
Speaker 1: They love the beef bull gogi. The what beef bull gogi?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is that?
Speaker 1: Koreane short? What is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is am I wrong? Is that right?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's kind of a blend of like fresh food that you can heat up.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So it's not like home cook, but I do home cook. They have different palettes. I have one that wants sushi every single night, my child what he is? My child? One that wants chicken, one that won't eat pork, one likes beef. Yeah, I lod to here.
Speaker 2: I was just like the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the oldest one is how old? Eighteen eighteen?
Speaker 1: William's eighteen. He wants to be a designer. Okay, yeah, so he's I have a friend who was like one of the og Denham designers, and he's taken Liam under his wing and he's kind of showing him how to do samples and doing all that. He's designing it. We'll see, we'll see where it goes. I don't know. Stella is getting her license. Stella your favorite real estate license?
Speaker 2: No, this is no all aboute oh a driving license. Oh I thought you made a real estate license. Oh so she's getting her license.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's sixteen, So.
Speaker 2: When is she officially hit the road?
Speaker 1: Her driving test is June third? Nice and yeah, I have to get her a car. That's the bait of my existence.
Speaker 2: What does she want?
Speaker 1: She wanted a vintage car, like an antique car, and I'm like, that's if it breaks down your passing car. Yeah, she wanted like an old pickup truck or a vintage Bronco, you know, kind of like from the eighties. She's really good at looking into everything, so she's done all of her work. Her dream car would be a Bronco, a new one, or any a used one, anyone. She's found one on Facebook marketplace. But I don't know anything about cars.
Speaker 2: What was your first car?
Speaker 1: BMW convertible Champagne Champagne? Huh, I won't pick that. Oh my gosh, I remember, Oh gosh. We used to tease each other about this because she I wanted a rabbit what cabriolet like that?
Speaker 2: Oh, a Jetta or what do you call it? No, I know what you're talking. Like a Volkswagen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted one of those really bad at the time, not expensive. It was like I wanted like a red one. Or something, and my mom was worried and she was like, it's just not a safe car. And I was like, okay, I'm not asking for something fancy. It was just that. And you know, you're a teen, you're like, oh my god, I want this so bad. So she had looked into it and she felt comfortable with me getting a BMW, so she said, what color do you want? I was like white, And then on my sweet sixteen, the car like rolls up. I'll never forget. We have pictures. And my poor mom was so stressed out because my face dropped because I looked and it was champagne bronze, which, in hindsight, Oh my gosh, I'm so blessed that she even got me a car, like come on, but when you're sixteen, And she'd been like, I told all my friends, oh my god, my mom and I talked about it. My mom and dad are getting me a white BMW convertible and we were all talking about I came out a big red bow on it.
Speaker 2: Champagne, we mean came out like was it a wutane ball? Like where were you?
Speaker 1: No? Like we were at our old house on Mapleton and we had my sweet sixteen in the backyard all girls like a tea and then she was like, oh, I want to show you something out front, and then we went out front and there it was.
Speaker 2: How long did you have that car?
Speaker 1: For? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Years?
Speaker 1: And then they went on to have Donna Martin have the same car on nine oh two one oh oh? Really yeah, same color, same color everything.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: So, whether it was like work or play, I couldn't get away fum use the same car like my car. I don't think for like legal reasons you can do that because I find like if something happens to it. So I had to see that champagne car over and over again.
Speaker 2: Fun what was that? Where did Donald Martin live? I can't remember Beverly Hills? But like what was the like what was that an actual house or was it a set?
Speaker 1: Actual house? And it was in in Sino? I believe are Tarzanah?
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to say Tarzanah.
Speaker 2: Was any of us actually filled at any houses in Beverly Hills?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, isn't that crazy? No?
Speaker 2: Was b roll? I can't remember of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Who talked about true Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: O the best. Oh my god, yeah, who's not alive from that show anymore?
Speaker 1: And we think, I don't know, they're all alive?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 1: Someone dead.
Speaker 2: I just felt like, maybe, oh what about the old the you know, the squad leader, the old lesbian.
Speaker 1: Betty Thomas?
Speaker 2: Was that our name?
Speaker 1: We did? Okay? So we had that troop Beverly Hills like entertainment Tonight reunion where randomly, not randomly, you were at the Beverly Hills Hotel, which is like your second home in office, not shocking, you were there that day and I brought you in because I was like, this is my friend Josh and he's like a huge fan, and you went wait you went home and got your green bray. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Was piazador U there, no? Or Shelley Long.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes? And Betty Thomas And it was so wild to see them as an adult because they were all so cool and so nice, and I was like they were intimidating when I was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Do you know any of those kids?
Speaker 1: I do so. Kelly Martin, she lives in Hidden Hills, so we're friends still.
Speaker 2: Who did she play the one was poor. Those was poor.
Speaker 1: You knew exactly when I said that, Okay, and then Carla Gugino, Am I saying her name right? She's the one.
Speaker 2: Who was the one that played like the daughter of the dictator, like a Melda Marcos.
Speaker 1: You know. Oh, you know, I haven't seen her since. I don't think she was there. Yeah, but carl you know, am I saying her name right? She went on to do movies and do big things.
Speaker 2: I just was that Chuck Freeze.
Speaker 1: Yes, wait, so we've talked about this because I'm like, all I want to do is do a remake, not a remake, but like a TV version, like a reboot. I want to be you know, Shelley Lung's character, even like my mom in it. I think I told her this and she was like, that's a great idea, And I think it would be such a great thing, just because it's such a cult classic and people still watch it. Even kids now are starting to watch it because their parents are like, I wonder remade it. So Michael Kagan at the time, we like reached out and they said, oh, Chuck Freeze won't release it is dad, What do you mean you told me we were going to go to his doore. He's dead now.
Speaker 2: He's dead now.
Speaker 1: It was like two years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we could reach out to his estate. Ava's I think dead too.
Speaker 1: Talking about yeah it was the son that ran the state. I believe he's a lawyer if I remember correctly, and we were like, yeah, he would have a part of it. We just want to present the idea. Oh my god, I remember this talk with you and You're like, well, let's just go over there, and I was like, what are you gonna talk with this?
Speaker 2: Knock on, Chuck Foreze Star. We should call Keg and we should say we should see who wrong? Who I mean, I'm sure it's the estate owns it. We should find out what the story is because Sony.
Speaker 1: This is the first time Sony is the Sony picture, right, do you want?
Speaker 2: I don't remember who made it. It would have been Columbia. If it was Sony at the time.
Speaker 1: It's Columbia, not Sony, Columbia TriStar. He has a better memory than me always, which says no one ever like it. I believe it was Sony Pictures that on it. I went in, Why did I pitch to them? Though? They must have some connection to it. And basically it's the first time in my career that I pitched an idea and came in with a full pitch, even had you know, green and Brown on, but like modern Ie and I walked out and they came out and stopped me in the parking lot and they're like, we just discussed, we're going to buy it. I was like, oh, like selling an idea in the room unheard of. We went through all of it and it stopped at Chuck was like, didn't want to let go of the rights and like play ball, but yeah, maybe maybe there's a way. And then buzz Lerman who did Mullan Rouge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not my.
Speaker 1: Mom's play, but like the movie right Nicle Kidman, he was going to make a musical movie of it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that done already?
Speaker 1: Of Troop Beverly Hill, Oh oh I.
Speaker 2: Thought you no, Sorry, I got it.
Speaker 1: I know, Sorry, I digress.
Speaker 2: That seems weird, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: They were like, we can't even entertain if it doesn't go any further, we'll discuss it. That was like four or five years ago. I think we have something here.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else?
Speaker 1: Who would be happiest you were Kim Kardashian If I made that?
Speaker 2: Does she love that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's obsessed with it. Her baby shower was true. Beverly Hills, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's so funny. Who is your last guest on the show?
Speaker 1: Hilaria Baldwin? Who Alec Baldwin's wife. Oh they have like seven kids. Wow, Like they have seven kids more than me.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I appro created too much in this world?
Speaker 2: It's a lot of kids. It's a lot of work. You vagina is.
Speaker 1: If we haven't been friends for.
Speaker 2: Years, like, you know, you like it, you like having birth.
Speaker 1: You never came out of my vagina.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I knew that. Good. No, yeah, but you want to get a sixth one?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You're good?
Speaker 1: Real good?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, real good?
Speaker 1: Everything straight up inside?
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's your friend. That's that named that girl. She lives on Hillcrest and the Plats. Nice girl, Oh, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she moved to Miami a couple of years ago. Oh, three years ago. Yeah, her husband Andy Pelts right, Yeah, they live in Miami.
Speaker 2: I visited it.
Speaker 1: It's great. No, she's doing great. You know when my kids love you because you don't give them the attention that other people give. So it's like it's like trying to get the acceptance to someone that won't give it to you.
Speaker 2: Right, you want what you can't have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to like go over your house and we cooked dinner and do everything. And then they'd be like Josh, gosh, and you'd be like, I don't like kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you actually do like kids. It's not fine. I like dogs more.
Speaker 1: Why they can't answer back.
Speaker 2: To can't talk back to cuddly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna do a new TV show?
Speaker 2: We're working on that right now. Actually, yeah, we're working on that right now.
Speaker 1: I had the show in what pause when you tell her listing? Some pause? Is that like in a relationship you're taking a break. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: No. I think they just reevaluate the evaluate the numbers and see like how important it is for the network or whatever. Really pause before a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Oh really, okay, we're in like seventeen seasons of that eighteen eighteen. Sorry my friend, Wow, I was on it with you. Yeah, you had me on once.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 1: You had my mom one.
Speaker 2: No, your mom's never been.
Speaker 1: On I thought she was why, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know you ever wanted to do MDL. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's really fun, really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah mm hmm, are you going to do.
Speaker 1: A show with Tracy?
Speaker 2: Should definitely be a part of it, I guess. I mean, what.
Speaker 1: About our idea? You, me and my mom?
Speaker 2: What was this idea? Remind me?
Speaker 1: It was like a take on like I don't know, wait, because because our banter was really funny, and it was like it was like a threesome basically me, my mom, you and like Michael said, it was like more like a Three's Company vibe.
Speaker 2: How sorry about the beach house? Is that crazy?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I'm more sad than my mom obviously, but like you know what I just thought the other day because the entire thing burned to the ground, my dad's pinball machine that she had made.
Speaker 2: For Well, there's another one, isn't There's.
Speaker 1: Too in existence. I don't know where the other one is.
Speaker 2: I think there is in the sky. Don't you have it? Randy? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Maybe I hop one is somewhere.
Speaker 2: It is. It's probably in storage. Uh oh, it's somewhere. I don't think someone else owns it. It's definitely something for sure.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know. Yeah, I was thinking the other day. And then the Bridges our an extra neighbor for years. It was Lloyd and Bo and Jeff and their kids and Jordan Bridges, who was like, who is Bo's son? Is Bo's son? He and I grew up together, and when they lost the house, he sent me pictures and he said, I can't believe this, but the statue that was up on the second floor. Was it like the girl leaning out or like on the balcony and the balcony of the beach house. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, it was still there and just part of it was sticking out of the sand.
Speaker 2: Everything, like like, wait, not on the bridges, proper, pretty on yours?
Speaker 1: On ours? It was it was like going, I don't know, it's like going to Vers not forsid.
Speaker 2: No, it's like going to POMPEII.
Speaker 1: Thank you, it's fucking going to POMPEII, and like things are just sticking.
Speaker 2: Out your You send me that statue.
Speaker 1: It's the wreckage. It's like Titanic And I was like, God, that thing was like really hefty. That was my mom had to have it, like.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: And it was just like part of it, very deep, just sticking out. God, that's wild.
Speaker 2: Have you driven by?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy. It's like literally just nothing there is. Is that Jeff Bridges' son? Or whose son is that?
Speaker 1: Bo Bridges son? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well there's Jeff, two girls.
Speaker 1: Right, Cindy, I believe two boys.
Speaker 2: And then grandpa was Lloyd correct.
Speaker 1: And Jordan Bridges is the grandson. He's the one that reached out to me.
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 1: My age right?
Speaker 2: Because Lloydbridge has been gone for a while long time.
Speaker 1: But Jordan and I were so close and we all like used to the families used to get together all summer we were there. I lost contact with him, and then he reached back out and I was like, oh my god, yeah, a crazy time. Has my mom gone back to it? That's like a hard one.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to go back to, just gone. It's just land. There's nothing there.
Speaker 1: How does that even happen?
Speaker 2: I would assume embers from the Palisades some way have just skipped over the the highway. I would guess, what's your best memory there with your parents?
Speaker 1: Fishing with my dad?
Speaker 2: Where do you fish there? There's like right off.
Speaker 1: The beach like he Yeah, he would always fish, like.
Speaker 2: Sit in a chair on the beach and like, how do you look?
Speaker 1: You'd have like his chair there, he'd have his steak in the sand, put his pool and he'd be there for hours his bait. Oh my god, that was him and his happiest like letting go of work, was being there. So he taught all of us had to fish. My mom's a great fisher. Did you know this? No, Oh she's excellent. Oh she can cast like a real like nobody's as she gets it way out there. Oh, she's really good.
Speaker 2: What would you do with the fish when you got him?
Speaker 1: Oh? That was always a bone of contention with me, no pun intended, but like they would cook it. Yeah. I remember being five and we were there and I ate a fish and I got a fish bone. It wasn't completely deboned and I start choking and they had to give me like the Heimlich. I didn't eat fish for like fifteen years after that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, is that fish clean out there? And mall it was like.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind like the eighties, I don't know, it's late seventies. I wouldn't eat it now. Grunnion running oh the grunnion. What grunnion hunting?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Didn't we try to do this when we stayed at my mom's house.
Speaker 2: Grunnion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's like the tide guide. In certain months the grunnion come to like mate and it's the tide schedule. Do more Wilie's the bait store. It burned down two, which is really sad, like hundreds thousands of little silver fish come to the beach and it's illegal to catch them with anything and only use your hands. So as a kid, I would go to sleep and my mom would come wake me, and it happens at like one two in the morning, and she'd be like, okay, get ready, we're wearing grunion running and we would go yeah, up and down the beach, put them into a bucket and went down. Yeah. My dad would always do like catching release, Oh you don't eat them, you can The bridges would always like cook them up?
Speaker 2: How do you catch them with their hand carefully? Like they are they fish? Are they like crustaceans?
Speaker 1: No fish?
Speaker 2: And they just kill them in the sand like.
Speaker 1: Your favorite sardine.
Speaker 2: You do love sardine, love sardines.
Speaker 1: Little bear like like this size.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I do not know this.
Speaker 2: I don't know about grunnions, native nothing about grunnions.
Speaker 1: Well, well, yeah, now you're a compass. Tracey's a compass.
Speaker 2: It's busy. That's good. How long are you going to be in this location?
Speaker 1: We never know, do we? Well? Are you still in your house?
Speaker 2: I bought a very cool house in Trusdale.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Truesdale.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I bought Charlie Pooth's house.
Speaker 1: Oh is it Tories Kids? Is it Toy's Kids? Friendly?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's not really kid houses. A lot of steps everywhere, and it's all like, definitely like family home. It's a very mid century modern house. Very cool though. I love that house.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well, you've been posting a lot about your grandmother lately. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great. Yeah, she was awesome.
Speaker 1: I wish I had mat her.
Speaker 2: Oh you would have loved her. She was so she was a badass, really fun, really cool.
Speaker 1: How old would she be now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, one hundred and some who knows really is ninety five when she died. That was like ten years ago, one hundred and five, one hundred and five. You know how old your dad would be?
Speaker 1: One hundred and two.
Speaker 2: No, I think older one hundred and two. He was. How old was he when he died? Eighty two?
Speaker 1: Eighty three?
Speaker 2: And he died out many years ago, eight thousand and six. Oh yeah, I guess eight, one hundred and two. Is that wild to think you'd be one hundred and two?
Speaker 1: A lot of people do it. Hunding you at one hundred and two would be so crotchy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't want to look.
Speaker 1: You're a curmudgeon now, don't done? Yeah? Yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 2: All right, well this has been fun.
Speaker 1: Done, We're done.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what else you want to go over?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Wait, so I am speaking of Edith. You're also best friends with my mom? Is she a lot like her? In like? What ways? I wish? Do they ever meet?
Speaker 2: No? They never got to meet, but no, they're very similar. But now they're very similar.
Speaker 1: You bring out the lighthearted in her, and I like that. Yes, she's funny. A lot of people don't know how funny my mom is hysterical.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's really funny and very smart, very really smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think she attributed a lot to your dad's success?
Speaker 1: I mean, for sure, Like he, I mean his creativity, and he was so smart and savvy business wise, like he would have gone to the top. But she was definitely his right hand support through all of that. He would show her the dailies of everything and ask her opinion on everything, and you know, they would go to events and stuff, and she remembers everything. She's so smart, and he's the he was the creative, you know. So they would walk in and she sees someone coming across a room and she like quietly whisper in his hair, like, ooh, he you know, here's who this person is, here's where they work, here's what gave him the rundown quickly. So they were definitely partners in life and business for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I also think she, like I think your dad probably. I think she also like not made him more famous, but like the lifestyle wise, like the house and the parties and the you know.
Speaker 1: Great, because he wouldn't have done any of that, right, he would have just been a home buddy, a workaholic, like stayed in his room, howers. Yeah, and that's a part of her that was really amazing and what fed into the public's perception of them because they loved it. You're right. They loved his business side and they loved her lifestyle side. Yeah, it really created that empire. It really was like a dynasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great duo.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: You talked to Randy a lot.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Such a nice guy.
Speaker 1: He's such a good guy.
Speaker 2: So sweet. Now, he's a good guy. He came on? What did I say? It came on? Le? Did I see him recently? Hold on? Actually no, I haven't seen him in a year? Really, Jameson's Hawaii last years?
Speaker 1: It was two years ago? Now, not crazy?
Speaker 2: It was a really nice guy.
Speaker 1: He's a really good guy. Do you feel like you would have become friends with my mom if it wasn't for me? Is that crazy? Your passing up across before? And you guys are so much alike that it's.
Speaker 2: Like, why not scary?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know if Well, let's see, how did I meet her? I'm trying to think I remember? Oh wait, no you go, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: So we I haven't seen you in how long a year? Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess where'd I see last?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you remember? I don't remember where? Where did I meet her?
Speaker 1: Oh? So she? You and I were very in this during period. You and I'm very very close, like one of my best friends, Like we were always together. And at the time you said, oh, Nicki Haskell, Oh I know, yeah, and my mom was thinking of moving to a house and Nicki was like, oh Josh, like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, she was at No. I threw Nicki Haskell's birthday party and she attended the party. Oh okay, that's how I remember that was. Let's see, I was like five years.
Speaker 1: Ago, right, I remember you went and showed her houses and the rights. Yeah, and I was like, oh my gosh. I don't know. For me, it felt like safer like for her to be in her building and just easier than having to go back to that lifestyle maintaining a house. But after a few days she decided and then she was like, but come play majoh no, come play general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a really good gin player.
Speaker 1: She's a really good card player.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Was your dad a card player?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They used to play. They used to have friends over like on the weekends and play. I think for like, I don't know, I just remember coming around and be like, oh my god, that's so every nice drinks, like it was so cool.
Speaker 2: Do you do you consider your childhood house Palm or the first Mapleton first Mapleton? Do you remember Palm big big.
Speaker 1: Like memories or from pictures? Is it still there? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 1: It'd be a cool show, like going back to find people's childhood homes.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that's a great idea, don't steal it. I'm not. We're gonna have to figure out this true Beverly Hills thing, though.
Speaker 1: I know I really want to do that. Yeah, okay, so you met your soulmate, your soul sister, your twin flame. What would you consider my mom or is there a word you'd like to create.
Speaker 2: My sister, your sister? I don't think of it was like a grandma, Like I don't. We don't, definitely not not even I don't think of its older than me. It's weird.
Speaker 1: But did you think of your grandmother as a grandmother? No, as a sister or best friend, best friend?
Speaker 2: Not like say, yeah, I don't think of an age difference, right, And.
Speaker 1: I know firsthand when I'm with you guys, you don't feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no age difference. No, there's we just have so many this we both like the exact same things, which is so weird because very few people like that kind of stuff, like exciting stuff is for us to go look at silver, like antique silver.
Speaker 1: You know, I like this ship. I mean in some way with my mother's daughter. Yeah, I mean, you take a girl out of Beverly Hills. But it's still like fucking antique silver.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: We have the same taste of food and food. Yeah, our palts are the same.
Speaker 2: Like what kind of food we like?
Speaker 1: All the same foods? You forgot that so you don't even remember our friendship.
Speaker 2: You mean you and me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you met your mom and.
Speaker 1: Well, she can't have like salt and link. It's like lemoning and cauliflower.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's like colliflower.
Speaker 1: She won't let anywhere nearer.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't like Brussels sprouts. No, she hates Brussels sprouts. She goes some shrunken heads. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I like cavier o the fust. What else do we like? Oysters? I love oysters even like your fucking sardines.
Speaker 2: I love sardines.
Speaker 1: Not many people like that.
Speaker 2: Oh so good. I am chovies too.
Speaker 1: You make the best lamb chops.
Speaker 2: I make very good lamp shops. I haven't made lamp shops for a long time, probably not since I've probably for you. Really yeah, well that's a shame. I'll I'll make you lamp shops.
Speaker 1: I'm not sleeping over.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: You might kill me? Okay, we all have our parent noise. I don't sleep out. I've never slept out.
Speaker 2: Like a sleepover.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna kill me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I know that you don't. I'm going to have a tuxedo effect now for what uh cherry event in France and I have to get it like shipped there with them the next week.
Speaker 1: Of course, I love your relationship with my mom because it gives her like I want her to have a companion, like someone that she loves. Sometimes I don't. I don't love like the Instagram.
Speaker 2: Stories which one.
Speaker 1: Because I guess it's just me being protective. I feel like, oh my god, does she look bad in this? Like what I don't know, Like when you guys are in Europe and like they're transporting her.
Speaker 2: That was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I get I get this brilliant, But I'm always protective that like others are going to see it. And be like, oh no, it doesn't make her look bad.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? She looks amazing. She's pure comedy.
Speaker 1: She is comedy.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: You'd love to do things of her eating. But what if someone did that on you?
Speaker 2: I would love it. Okay, it's just funny. I think people just like our relationship. I think I don't think it's really funny. It's goods sweet, it's we know, we have a really good time. If she by the way she reposts most of the stuff too, she thinks that's funny.
Speaker 1: Does she does? Okay, you know what, as long as she thinks it's fine, I'm just too protective. I guess it's that.
Speaker 2: And now what, No, we have dinner. Let's go get dinner. I'd love that. La scala m that's all I'm worth it. No, it just sounds really good right now, chops out. It's the best.
Speaker 1: Fah, so good. We have Amelias in the valley though, Oh.
Speaker 2: That's open still yeah, well wait, but that's not even what that's that's not close to your part of the valley, is it.
Speaker 1: No? No, you eat sushi?
Speaker 2: Hmm you eat sushi? Yeah, of course, I use.
Speaker 1: Your legs shaking.
Speaker 2: I do that alone in me d D.
Speaker 1: It's gotten better though, mm.
Speaker 2: I'm hungry. Actually all right, I want to go get my text made now. Okay, what's a fun restaurant.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's not about the food.
Speaker 2: Musso Franks, Yes, okay, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be really fun. That'd be really good memories. Yeah, okay, I'm in